Speaker 1: All right, you're here for a brand new second date on the Second Day podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is another a good place for it to be. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And we asked you yesterday. Okay, huge surprise by the third date too much or not?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And we did get some comments. What do we got?
Speaker 2: You guys saw authentic sound said my ex wife gave me a phone after two weeks of dating and a car after one month.
Speaker 1: Let's just say she's my ex wife now, Oh, but you're still driving the cart. He's probably commenting from the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's exactly when you got to We love when you interact with us on the comments.
Speaker 1: Say whether that's on.
Speaker 2: Spotify or YouTube or you can always text the show as well. We have a textboard at seven, eight, five, nine to two. So oh and social media at Brook and Jeffrey. Yes, all right, there's my spiel. Let's get this show started.
Speaker 4: Second Date up Date. I saw a video posted by a bridal stylist recently. Really, she talks to brides all the time, always asks how they met their husband. What's the number one way single people are finding their spouses right now? The number one answer she says by far is on Hinge, not like Bumble or like specifically his She says, Bumble is second. Nobody is on Tinder if you're seriously trying to find marriage. Number three was a little bit surprising, though, she said College Sweethearts not a website like people who actually met in College Sweethearts, people.
Speaker 1: Who met for sugardad.
Speaker 4: It's like the relationship lasted beyond graduation. And then the rarest is meeting somebody naturally out in the wild. And I don't know if I hear animal noises right now, but that's exactly what happened with one of our listeners, Chad O, how wild was? It was a lone tiger loose in the jungle Roman free till a certain frisky feline caught his eye. So let's learn about it.
Speaker 5: Chad.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks, Hey.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Chad.
Speaker 1: You sound like a frisky feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's the prowling tiger.
Speaker 1: Still a feline, well, yeah, a.
Speaker 4: Big feeling, sure. And tell us about the girl that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 5: Her name is Lucy?
Speaker 4: Okay, and we're out in the wild. Did you meet Lucy?
Speaker 5: I met Lucy at a furniture store.
Speaker 4: Why does that scream awesome? Because like shopping for furniture, I could see girls out and about.
Speaker 1: Everyone at the furniture store is married. Yeah, I've never stepped in a.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also they got money because furniture is not she You're you're spending a.
Speaker 5: Couple of hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you were.
Speaker 5: You were like a legit store. This wasn't like Assemble one of the.
Speaker 4: Nice shots fired at Ikea with that. So how did you and Lucy Like, how did that interaction happen in the store?
Speaker 5: Well, I was walking around the store. I was just there looking to upgrade my place, and I had zeroed in on this one sofa. But then Lucy came in and was looking at the exact same couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah style our wrestle who for Whoever's going to buy it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I wish I could have. I mean I would have loved to have done that.
Speaker 4: You do the gentleman thing and buy the couch for her.
Speaker 5: I don't have that much money, I'm.
Speaker 4: What was your move?
Speaker 5: The move was just to kind of like what do you like about the couch? And then it just kind of got to a level where we weren't just talking about a couch?
Speaker 1: Well, and eventually.
Speaker 2: You're going to have to spoon on it together to see if two people fit.
Speaker 1: That's important.
Speaker 4: That's a really weird way of flirting. I will say, I feel like we shouldn't have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it didn't get too racy. We just kept like trying it out. Shocked.
Speaker 1: That's cute though. That's a really organic way to have conversation.
Speaker 4: It is good because you're kind of playing like you're a couple already by like shopping together, and it kind of like plants that image into your mind in a in a subtle way, so.
Speaker 1: That it's important for him to know if women like this couch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, were you able to spin it into a date?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It come to find out we both wanted to couch. There's salespeople at these high end furniture stores, and so it's like, okay, we're both interested in the couch, and the guys like this is it? There's just the one couch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you guys started a fight, So what's the move.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, well we both want the couch, but if you want me to let you have it, then why don't you give me something in return, you know, like your phone number.
Speaker 4: Okay, because they also sell beds over here.
Speaker 2: So that's a good way to get her number.
Speaker 1: Did she like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean good enough to give me the number. I mean she got the couch, so yeah.
Speaker 3: The couch.
Speaker 4: Hold up, hold up, you got the number, and now she's ghosting you.
Speaker 1: I think they went out out.
Speaker 3: Did you go?
Speaker 5: So? Like? Fast forward to like the next three days, and we're texting a lot. I mean like and I say that a lot, I mean like fifty times a day?
Speaker 4: Well a day. Wow, you haven't texted anybody fifty times in my whole life. I really like each other day.
Speaker 5: So we scheduled a date and then she backed out and I wanted to reschedule, and then like she backed out again the night before.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you convincing herself not to go on?
Speaker 1: So it's weird that you guys were talking so much though via text. I don't know someone who can't say no. I would probably give out my number and talk for a.
Speaker 2: Few days to not feel bad, and the couches deliver not my home, and then stop text and then you finally be over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, chat, are you feeling like maybe the only reason that she said she would like give the number and go out on a date was just to get the couch. Like that was the whole point of it.
Speaker 5: That thought has crossed my mind. But then there's all these texts in between. So then like I did like a little recon, I like googled myself and I was like, all right, nothing weird came up here.
Speaker 1: That was good. I mean, here's the thing. She gave you her number, but she could have easily given you a fake number.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: You know, she didn't have to give you her real phone number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's weird that she's backing out all of a sudden. We're gonna call Lucy and try and get to the bottom of this, because if she says no to going out with you, then you deserve that couch.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, that wasn't the deal. It was just a phone number.
Speaker 4: Jeff, Oh sorry, that was on you chat. Improve your negotiation skills.
Speaker 5: I know I thought it was a fair deal, but it turns out not so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she followed through.
Speaker 5: But anyway, I need your help and hope you can help me out.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we're going to try our best. We'll come back and get you your second date update right after this man hold on second date update. I'm not a lawyer, but Chad, if we're not successful in getting you another date, what about at least getting you visitation with the couch? Just like one week doesn't need to be much, just one week and a month. Maybe split it on holidays. We can negotiate something.
Speaker 2: Yeah sure, Oh you know, shared custody is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Chad seems to like that idea, because if you miss part one. He met Lucy at a furniture store recently when they both liked the same exact couch, but he generously let her have it if in exchange she gave him his number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that was the deal that they made.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a smooth move. But she keeps backing out of dates now and now their initial flame has pretty much gone completely ice cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're losing chemistry fast.
Speaker 4: So we he doesn't know why, we need to try and help figure it out.
Speaker 1: Can I ask? Had the one thing?
Speaker 2: I never you know, we never really got into you said you guys texted back and forth a ton. Was there any like inappropriate texting or something that could have or could have been read wrong. Even you know, sometimes you said something thinking you're joking and the other person doesn't.
Speaker 1: Read it right.
Speaker 4: Can you read some inappropriate text to broke right now? She really want to hear something.
Speaker 2: Is there something that stands out in all of those conversations that you had?
Speaker 5: No, I mean it was flirty, but without crossing the line. It's the way I think about it. Asked about the couch, you know, it was.
Speaker 4: How's how's the couch doing?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think he really did that though.
Speaker 4: That's what he said.
Speaker 1: Okay. He laughed like he was going to be an innuendo, like the couch.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, he like, how's the couch doing?
Speaker 1: How I heard it? Okay?
Speaker 4: See this is what text messaging is like right now. You can't tell tone.
Speaker 2: If someone hows the couch ha ha ha, I would.
Speaker 4: Not all right, chat, it's okay, let's call Lucy and uh, hopefully it's not what we were talking about earlier too, where it was just all a big scam so that she could get the couch have him back off again, because it is very smart and your fall if that's the case.
Speaker 1: Scam, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean she just said, oh, well, thank you and smiled and gave your number. That's all that you asked.
Speaker 1: There's no one in the room that wouldn't agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's hope.
Speaker 5: That the case. Then I don't know why she would even agree to go out with me at the start of it.
Speaker 1: It's a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. So hopefully there's an explanation. Let me dial her number right now. Let's see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Lucy. Oh yeah, we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Lucy, your morning. You're on the show, Lucy.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's this about.
Speaker 1: It's our couch reviews segment in a way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we're doing a segment called second Date Update.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: Uh, oh, you don't know what that is. It's a segment we do where if someone's in like a dating scenario and a person blows you off or you're not getting back to them, we'll reach out on behalf of that person to try and figure out if there's a reason for it, just to like help them understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: And this one's kind of out of the norm because you never actually went on a first.
Speaker 4: Date, right, Yeah, because we're talking about a guy named Chad.
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Response, We don't need to explain more like couch guy.
Speaker 4: You know exactly who we're talking about. Yeah, we are not you. Chad says that you guys met at a furniture store and you exchange numbers.
Speaker 1: It seemed like there was like some flirtation there. Did he read that right?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, but I have a good reason for it. But it would just be super uncomfortable to tell him, Oh, you have.
Speaker 1: A good reason for not calling him back or going on the date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he said that you guys had scheduled dates and you kept bailing.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did bail.
Speaker 4: Wait can I ask her just blunt like, did you scammer boy?
Speaker 2: Did you just get I think the question is did you ever have any intention of actually going on a date?
Speaker 4: Okay, then now let me ask did you ever have any intention of actually going on a date?
Speaker 3: Edited so I sound smarter? Yeah, I mean I wasn't to go on a date with him.
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, I didn't.
Speaker 6: Have a problem with him. It was just like I got the whole couch thing. And then a few days after I met Chad, I came back to the furniture place with some of my friends to pick up the couch because one of my friends was a pickup truck whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you got to have a friend with the truck delivery. Yeah you have not every one could afford two thousands. I probably would have got it.
Speaker 1: Jeff doesn't have truck guys in his friend.
Speaker 4: He's like, I just have one of my assistants to make me a new couch.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to come by with my escalade?
Speaker 4: So you guys know how it works. Yeah, okay, you went to the store to pick it up yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with some friends. And then what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I went inside to pay and who do I see?
Speaker 5: Sad?
Speaker 1: Why is that that?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 1: You need to couch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you took the couch that he wanted to buy, so he probably had to get a new one.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, he wasn't like shopping. He was asleep on one of the couches, like in the back room area. I didn't even know what to do. He didn't see me, Like he was asleep, he didn't see me.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was just trying to couch out too hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, way too hard.
Speaker 3: It was so awkward. So I was just gonna leave, but I just asked the cashier. I was like, Hey, what's the deal with that guy on the great couch And he's like, Oh, that's the Snapper. But like he just said it, like it's a nickname.
Speaker 4: The nap. The Knapper is.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, they called him the napper?
Speaker 1: The Napper Okay, so he got a nickname for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So like apparently he comes in during his lunch break and he takes off his shoes and he takes a literal nap.
Speaker 4: No, oh, he comes in that often.
Speaker 3: He said that the boss, like the manager lets him do it because like once a month he buys all the employees' lunch.
Speaker 5: They let him do it.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's a hack.
Speaker 1: So he's sleeping during his lunch break.
Speaker 4: What's going through your mind as they're telling you this, Lucy, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to go out with the Napper, like, especially that he has a nickname.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he liked it. Catch you were on. He's tried them all out at the store. Yeah, Like you just happened to be talking to the expert and he has a house like he just goes during his lunch.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, makes money. But you're turned off by the idea of a guy who spends every lunch break going into a nap store and hanging out a nap store. Well, sorry, sorry, furniture store, and earn earned a reputation as a napper.
Speaker 2: Honestly though, rebranding a furniture store to the nap store, so.
Speaker 4: Well, then everybody's gonna be doing it.
Speaker 1: I think you should give him a second chance on that line.
Speaker 4: I think you should at least hear him out on what he has to say, Lucy, because he is on the other line right now listening, unless he fell asleep in his NEI so chatty there, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 5: Hi, yeah, Hi.
Speaker 3: Chat is so weird that you have a reputation of the guy who naps in public?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't understand what the big deal is.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like going into a subway and making your own sandwich.
Speaker 5: You just don't do that. If I could go into some way and make my own sandwich, I do it. But I mean it. I mean it's right near my work. They have nice employees, obviously, they have really comfy furniture, so they get new furniture in I get to test like the couches, and I know which ones are like the softest and the best. And that's why I was like, you're it in on the one you bought?
Speaker 6: You nap on the couch that I bought.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I wanted to buy it. I told you it was soft. The skin cells are gross. We're going to go on a date. I mean, you probably have your tongue in my mouth?
Speaker 1: Whoa too much? A good nap is really good life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the way I live. Man.
Speaker 4: We're not talking about if naps are good or not. We're talking about if Lucy is attracted to a man who does that.
Speaker 2: I don't understand much that he has a moniker, his own nicknacks. I still haven't heard a solid reason, Lucy, why this is a turnoff.
Speaker 4: Explain it to Chad.
Speaker 5: Guys, it's weird and it's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's only the Kyle guy who knows about it, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're not going on dates at the at your store.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If you really aren't that embarrassed by why didn't you say that when we met?
Speaker 3: Why weren't you like, Hey, I really like this couch. I've been sleeping on.
Speaker 5: It for the last three weeks. Maybe I should have. You know, that's weird, Coach.
Speaker 4: That doesn't sound right.
Speaker 1: You guys sound like you actually have some chemistry here. I don't think that you should let this like get in the way.
Speaker 4: And if you're willing to not let it get in the way, then I guess we're willing to pay for it for your next date.
Speaker 6: No, because if I like him, now I'm dating the napper, and I just don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: But he's resourceful, he's friendly, you know.
Speaker 4: He knows where tongues go, and hopefully he has enough money to get your couch officially clean too, Lucy, with all those dead skin cells that he's left on.
Speaker 1: I would be more worried about the slobbery.
Speaker 3: Bros.
Speaker 5: Hey, look, I just want to let you know I did not leave any residue on your couch.
Speaker 4: We have to say it, girl, I talked to I did not leave residue on your couch. Looking Jeffrey in the morning, you know, it was interesting to hear broken Alexis's take on that.
Speaker 1: Why you were so anti.
Speaker 4: I'm not anti. I'm just saying it felt like it though, Yeah, well it was just if it was me and I walked into a store and I saw the person that I was scheduled to date sleeping there, and I found out all of the employees know that person as the sleeper.
Speaker 1: Trade it was.
Speaker 4: It's still that would be like, this is kind of weird. I would take a step back and reassess it's because.
Speaker 1: We've all slept and taken naps in our car before. He's actually taking a one up from us.
Speaker 5: But do you know if he.
Speaker 2: Didn't a yeah, do you know what we didn't ask those if he was an ugly sleeper, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I also didn't really understand Brooks point that she'd saddle up next to him and spoon him.
Speaker 1: That was the testing out of the couch. That's what my husband I do.
Speaker 2: We need to know if we both fit on the couch together when we walked on TV.
Speaker 4: That's that's really sweet.
Speaker 1: What isn't that important?
Speaker 4: I see, It's just when I'm looking at the textport seventy five nine two, it is split. Some people thought that it was weird. Some people are like, that's awesome, good for that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eddie buys the employees lunch. Yeah, they're taking taking advantage of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why they let it. Let's normalize napping.
Speaker 1: And random Yeah, we're on board there.
Speaker 4: You see Brooke to sleep at old maybe today.
Speaker 5: Do not judge.
Speaker 4: She wants you to cuddle up right next time.
Speaker 1: Put one of those scarves around now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but gosh, I had all of our second date updates. Where you get your podcasts are available online?
Speaker 2: Have broken Jefferson, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning