Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 2: I was like, fuck, why is this crazy shit happening? And then I'm like maybe it won't matter, and I'm like, yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: It all does. Like the Golden Globes.
Speaker 1: I watched it if it were not people over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like the fucking Timothy shallow man.
Speaker 1: And she just said, do you have on your upper lip?
Speaker 2: I was like, I feel see, I love. I love the most creative ways to insult people's thin facial hair, facial hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, I mean as the disgrace.
Speaker 2: Yea said my money was thinner than Sean paul go tea hair.
Speaker 1: Always that's from last call.
Speaker 2: He's like, my money was thinnered ins Sean paul go tea hair. Now Jean paul O t air Colonne filled the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's that sounds like a Kanye.
Speaker 1: They say he's stupid, he big headed.
Speaker 2: Would you please stop talking about how my dick headed.
Speaker 3: That was one of my least favorite lines from him. That sounds it just sounded like a giant come out. Yeah. It sounded like a fifth grader trying to brag about his dick for the first time.
Speaker 1: And we have a huge dickhead. Okay.
Speaker 3: I was the one peeing like outdoors next to a friend, and he was like, oh, little peace Stream, little dick, that's what that means. Uh. I was like, all right, man.
Speaker 1: Also, what house did this person grow up? Like you? Where do you pick that ship up? His dad?
Speaker 2: Hey, let's go to the local fucking toilets and go year that year that What do.
Speaker 3: You think he's rules around here? Two rules, the Golden rule and little peace Stream little dick, Little dick, it's it's it's a fucking it should be accepted as new Tony in law jokes on him. It's mostly look like a sandworm down there, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh you uncircumcised.
Speaker 3: Nope, nope, Oh god, what happened?
Speaker 1: Also, bro, why are you looking at me? Just enjoy your bro, We're just watching the sixers. Stop. Get back out there, get.
Speaker 3: Back out there.
Speaker 4: He was never good.
Speaker 1: He was never good.
Speaker 3: He was just I think he had like it was like, really, I have some friends who are like that, who just like are constantly saying ship and like, half of the time is really funny and half of the time it's cringe, you know, crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's definitely like a broken clock type wrapper or something. And then other times you're like, that's a bar. Wait on the top of his diny table. What full this Vogue party? And I get bleach your asshole? You get T shirt and you're like what what bleach your asshole?
Speaker 3: I'm like, an ass Why would that make you feel like an asshole? Of all the things you should definitely feel like an asshole for so many things.
Speaker 2: Is one of those albums though, that I think perfectly encapsulates that, where you're half the time like what the fuck and then other times like okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay. The music is good, the rapping is frequently I will.
Speaker 4: Never I will never shade him on the door, but his always shade him on his fucking terrible lyrics.
Speaker 3: Wait. So Coyle Dropout was the first one, then Late Registration was the second. I remember like I was so excited for that. I was like reading magat like paper magazine articles about the make of it and like what was happening? And I remember one report from the making of Late Registration where they were like, he is he has the whole album, but like fifty percent of the verses are just him being like the shapes. Yeah, he's the Shapes, but he didn't have the words yet I was like that having so much sense.
Speaker 4: I hear that a lot with like singer songwriters where it's like, yeah, the words are secondari it's like, yeah a rapper.
Speaker 2: First, Yeah, unless you're so percussive with your flow that like.
Speaker 1: You said to like, then I'll figure it out. But it's like, no, not that, not in that old brain.
Speaker 4: Wait, when are we going to get a rapper that does only glossalalia gloss where it's like it's like cigarettes where it's just fake words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, cigarette's not speaking a language, you know, they're singing singing nonsense words. Yeah, they got so bad. Was like Iceland, right, yeah, wow a language they call it Hopeland or some ship like that.
Speaker 2: I think, Wow, that's like the there's this one TikTok I love. It's just these German dudes who are like in a car spitting gibberish like what they think American rat rat Yeah, panetic, And it's like kind of dope because you're like, oh I don't actually don't like in a weird and I'm like, yeah, that goes hard, Like I could listen to an album with that.
Speaker 3: We're sid the laughing around like a bath plank.
Speaker 5: The fang of christin ranks the hold.
Speaker 1: It's definitely.
Speaker 6: What time.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 2: Gotta hip the praying, you gotta rip the frame, bro west Side.
Speaker 6: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this Monday morning week trend break trend edition of journ.
Speaker 3: My was just stretched out like a little cartoon character waking up from a nap as you did that a little.
Speaker 2: I'm just a little news hungry sweet bab waiting to talk about.
Speaker 1: All the good and the bad. Oh yeah, wow, what a sung I had.
Speaker 3: I missed a lot of stories. Turns out I'm coming.
Speaker 2: I told you, I'm coming into this thing, dry Jack, I don't know what the fuck happened.
Speaker 3: To catch me. January is about, right, dry January?
Speaker 1: Avoid all contact with humans soliciation.
Speaker 3: That's right. My name is Jack O'Brien. That over there is Miles Gray. Yes, we hope everybody had a wonderful holiday. Wonderful you know if you celebrate that. If not, we hope you just had a good couple of weeks taking a break from hearing our voices live. But now we're back. But now we're back, you can't bite us assholes. We hope you enjoyed that extended cold open as we so we just like ease ourselves back into the cold pool of the zeitgeists. Yeah, or maybe it's like a hot time what is it too hot? The hot tub is a little little subjective. It is all subjective. Thank you for that, Miles, broken hot tub, says Brian, the editor hot Tub time Machine. All right, so let's just like blast through a handful of stories that happened over the break Well.
Speaker 1: What did you can completely forget the form of the show here?
Speaker 3: Oh shit, that's right.
Speaker 2: You don't even want to get to know me a little bit better?
Speaker 3: To get to know us a little me tell you some of the things that happened over the weekend. Do I have that right in this case, over the past two and a half weeks and plus fifteen minutes of nonsense?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: But first we do like to let you guys get to know us a little bit better by telling you some things we think are over and underrated. We often do over it and underrated with the guest. I'm going to over explain everything because.
Speaker 2: I need to be reminded. And you're Jack and I am Jack. And look at your underwear. Look at your underwear, Look at the label I'm Haynes, I'm Alvin Klein.
Speaker 3: Oh, Calvin, Calvin ke back, all right, But first, Miles, we tell the people what we think is underrated, what we think is overrated. What you got, you got anything you.
Speaker 1: Underrated?
Speaker 2: A few things I think like you with many observations hit us and we them. For this moment, I will start off with the convenience of watching movies that are out in theaters on your couch.
Speaker 1: It's a slippery slope, y'all.
Speaker 2: I love going to move to the movies, I always will, but the ease at which you can summon a new movie and watch it on the couch almost had me thinking, why do I bother going to the theater? Yea, but then you want to go and rent that shit on your couch And I still can't wrap my head around renting of a temporary stream from like an Apple TV or whatever for twenty dollars. It's like, somehow I can't even fathom that it's cheaper than actually going to the movies. I'm like, no, no, no, twenty dollars to rent. I go, Brian, is this on the server?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Plus, you always get mad that I'm laughing at inappropriate moments when I'm taking the video of the movie exactly, I watch and then send to you.
Speaker 2: I mean, thank you for sending me that nas Faratu screen cap, but did you did you just film that off your TV?
Speaker 3: Either or But yeah.
Speaker 1: That's one.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna get through all these. The next one la weather and how I perceive winter. We all know I am obsessed with the cold and not and basically getting my whole shit frost bit.
Speaker 1: Okay reference to Jack getting his whole shit bit by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 1: All I could talk about this break with people who weren't from LA was what is.
Speaker 2: Your winter like in the land where you come from?
Speaker 1: And then I went to Colorado.
Speaker 2: The thing basically, what I noticed was a lot of places that get snow weren't getting snow as like sort of around the typical time, thanks climate change. I was also reading about how snow days are like becoming less and less of a frequent occurrence, and now black people, I never knew about that. I didn't even know that was a fucking thing. But when I know that from movies, which has shaped my entire idea of what winter is, because I thought, basically, when December hits everywhere is a winter wonderland. Turns out that's not true. Earth has different patterns. But anyway, I just I just have to say I was just I went to skate on a frozen lake and that shit was so whimsical I had to skate it in a minute.
Speaker 3: Wait, where were you?
Speaker 1: I went to Colorado for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Shot Ian, shot Kelly, you know, shout out the whole crew out there, and we skated on a frozen lake.
Speaker 1: That shit was so fun.
Speaker 2: But then I was also talking to someone else who's from the East Coast and like, I used to do this all the time, but the lakes don't freeze over with the same frequency they did as a kid, and like the kids in my town, like my town growing up, don't kind of know the same way we used to do winter. And then I had like this like weird blade runner moment where I'm like just like shedding a tear for like everything and everyone I'd been through. It got kind of kind kind of grim. As I stated on this lake, I thought a lot about climate change out here.
Speaker 3: Gobbling people up. Yeah, yeah they are. I'm just saying like, maybe maybe it would help with the climate catastrophe if we had ways to dramatize it. No snow days and lakes are gobbling people up who try.
Speaker 2: And I think I think it also makes it a little bit different me because like, I'm so used to the one note climate that I'm not realizing how wacky the variations. I mean, I obviously know that intellectually that earth death is happening in real time, but there's something about living in la where you're just.
Speaker 1: Kind of like, oh, it's not as cold in December.
Speaker 2: And then you go a little bit further up, like where there's usually like Big Bear where their ski season is like getting destroyed like year after year because of the lack of snowfall.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All that to say my next underrated beef tallow get in folks. I made a roasted a lot of holiday meat, rendered the fat, and I've used it to make frozen hash browns tastier okay, grilled cheese sandoz from Okay, because they're so fucking beef fatty Okay, the way a grill them and the vibe of steak and eggs with just eggs and using the beef tallo to fry the eggs anyway.
Speaker 3: You're rendering the fat just by like cooking a steak on a grill on a you know.
Speaker 2: Like I made like a I made a prime rib roast like for a Smiths, And so all the fat trimming and leftover fat from that meal, I just cut up into small pieces and just put that on low heat, all.
Speaker 1: The fat, just to get all that fat out.
Speaker 2: Then you strain it and now you have just the essence of beef flavor that you can use to do anything with.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so I think.
Speaker 3: I'm raising a couple miles is in the in the sense of, like really I took I drove, just me and my boys went up to Sequoia National Park. I was really excited about the big trees. I was like, damn, look how big those trees are. Those trees are huge. And kids, guys, they were into that, but like really what they were They just like there was a a field with snow in it, and they just like went and lots wanted to play in the snow the whole time and just like pick up chunks of ice and hit hit piles of snow with sticks.
Speaker 2: The geist child every time we saw snow, he go Santa Santa Santa, because like a couple of like the weird you know Santa things that we saw always have like these very winter depictions and he meet his like.
Speaker 1: Santa and I'm like, nah, Son, that's just snow.
Speaker 3: That's snow. We don't know, we know not of snow come from? All right, my underrated leg day so crazy this this is a weird run. But one basketball podcast I listened to The Flagrant Ones hosted by a friend of the show, Carl Tart, friend of the show Hayes Davenport. The third host who we should have on at some point but have not, ye Shawn Clements. Uh So, Sean Clements was talking about this tennis movie he wrote and that just wrapped that he was shooting. And they had as like a tennis consultant, the number one tennis coach in America, like in pros there to consult and he was like, is really what he's like? Great guy, but he kept talking about men's legs and he was just obsessed with legs and like, and they like had a professional tennis player come in and they were like talking about how the coaches about all about legs and the professional tennis players Like, guys, let me stop you right there. I would love to join it and make fun of him, but like, I'm also obsessed with men's legs, and apparently like just having real some plumper rocks down there is what actually like makes you a great tennis player, which isn't what I would I would assume you just go out there looking like Popeye, big arms, tiny tiny legs and just whacking that thing around. But apparently it's all about legs. So it got me checking checking some legs. And then I went and saw No s Faratu, and I really enjoyed No Saratu. Bobby Eggs I think has officially Robert Eggers has officially entered the cannon of like directors who like just people will open them, like enough people will go see the movie like whatever. Whatever he does. It's like a weird vampire origin story, but it feels like you're hermonetically sealed in like a different time, Like it just feels so completely engrossing or hermetically hermetically hermonetically is from Herman inside Herman's head. Hermetically yes, but anyways, uh, it's it's real horny. This is real horny, dark vampire origin story. A lot of people went and saw it. Was like, I'm not that into this ship. But I'm gonna go see it and really really enjoyed it. The dragula count Orlock is there's this one shot of him and I feel I feel like they were on the verge of launching a sex symbol with this count Orlock guy. And then they show him and he is walking around on some flats like after I get done with some chicken wing flats, Like they are just bare bones, just bare bones down there, just like split over the bones.
Speaker 2: What this picture you put in for reference? It is fucking you're so is this dude walking around like this.
Speaker 3: The whole movie? So all right here, here's the problem.
Speaker 1: Is this spoilers or no?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of spoilers, So I can't tell you exactly, you.
Speaker 1: Know what do it spoiler free?
Speaker 3: You're not going to say exactly what you're looking at. But he is revealed at the very end to you know, you get to see the whole body. Yeah, he's he's not working with much down there. He's been he's been floating around too much, like just two inches off the ground. I guess that's what happened to you. If you you know, if you're just if you're just in a Spike Lee tracking shot. Anytime you want to move around, you know, that's I feel like that. Uh that's that's where you end up. His legs are just so tiny. So anyways, that was you know, I think ultimately No Spratu is a good movie and a cautionary tale about like the vampiric nature of like capitalism and sex. And but the cautionary tale I took away is don't don't skip leg day. Yeah yeah wow that's uh those are my two big ones. And yeah, I started doing legs, started lifting legs, yeah, legs, started doing started using my legs. The first time.
Speaker 2: You go too hard, you're like, oh man, I tore my hamstring. Yeah, uh go easy, go easy on those legs.
Speaker 1: Check, take care of them.
Speaker 3: I do my best. What uh, Miles, what's something you think is over eight? Is it the same as as me? You have the same first is an.
Speaker 1: Easy one though, just the amount of college bowl games.
Speaker 2: Fucking wait, it's freaky. There's a Snoop Dog Bowl. I was like, well, get this ship off. My's a Snoop Dog Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What I was like, this is the dummish, Like, now nothing matters if there's a Snoop I love Snoop. Okay, it's west Side all day here, but like the Snoop Dog Bowl, I get it.
Speaker 1: He's become like a brand now and.
Speaker 2: He's actually I feel like one of those people who's beloved by so many. But when I saw that, I was like, this is okay, whatever, But I think, really we shared the same one, which is just American New Year's celebrations.
Speaker 1: It's the fucking ball drop.
Speaker 3: The ball drop.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We did a yeah, we did a kids and like families New Year's party, so like at nine nine pm, ball drop, and then I did that last year for my kids. Yeah, it's fun, it's a it's a great like just easy, no presh.
Speaker 2: We did that this year, and by the time our New Year's hit, everybody's like, I kind of really.
Speaker 1: Gave it up for the New Year's one. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we were done. We were everybody was in bed by by the hour. New Year's for sure, good for you. But yeah, so everybody at nine pm gather around a TV cast you know, the ball drop from a phone and it's it was like a feed that didn't have like the like Andy's Andy Cohen Anderson Cooper and so it was just like kind of b roll, like you know, it was just footage of Times Square and the ball was the star of the show. And it it does not have it, baby, It lacks the star power needed for its position at the center of our national New Year's festivities. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I had never heard of barely any of the people that performed.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't. Did you see some of the I didn't watch any of that ship I was. I just came around for the ball drop.
Speaker 2: The Jonas brothers were there. But then there's someone called like Cape again.
Speaker 3: I'm old. I'm like, who the fuck is this? Who the fuck is Mary?
Speaker 2: I'm just so out of the loop with some some music and shit. That's when I felt like, are am I just totally washed? Or is this like New Year's washed? And it certainly couldn't be me, So it had to be the New Year's Eve balld.
Speaker 3: I was reminded like so I watching it again with my kids, I was reminded of the first time I saw it, and how like you hear about a ball drop and like I'm expecting every time I've seen a ball drop in reality, it drops with some speed, some kinetic energy, some excitement, Like this ball just goes like it ticks downwards in a way that like, until I rewatched a second time for this overrated, I didn't even realize it was moving. Like it's just it's so slow. It's just like slowly like ticking down. Did you see that? Okay? Year? I was like, what yo? This year? This year they had a JumboTron at the bottom with like a sub PowerPoint display quality graphic saying Happy New Year twenty twenty five, presented by font Yeah and air. It was such shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 3: The ball is too small. It's like I feel like I don't know if it's like they're trying, like trying to take a picture of the moon or something like you know how the moon looks big and then you try and take a picture and you're like, oh that looks like shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't see the picture, Like no, never mind.
Speaker 3: Never never mind. I think you look at this picture of the moon I just took. But yeah, I don't know. It's not impressive. It doesn't work. It just feels it feels like probably the same people have been in charge of the ball drop for like since the seventies or something. And they have like their own internal rules about like the integrity of the ball.
Speaker 2: Drop saying this. Yeah, I've been saying this for a long time. We need an outsider to come shake up Times Square. Yes you know what I mean, and drain the swap.
Speaker 3: We need to know that idea is brainstorm session to really just be like the shit is over.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny, we checked the boise Idaho over. They drop a potato.
Speaker 3: That's fun and I'm actually stupid.
Speaker 1: Fun Yeah, little potato. I'm like, all right, cool whatever.
Speaker 2: Either way, I think it's just sort of the anticipation of it all, like it all hinges on like this one moment, like as I watched the New Year's New Year's Eve thing, like do you really want to be there? You just want to say you were there for the Times Square New Year's Eve thing because it just feels like with all those people.
Speaker 1: Like whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the most fun way to do it. I think it all depends on your personality. I prefer like at this point, like I'm barely even drinking anymore, so like all like the revelry around it, I'm less like stoked for.
Speaker 3: And like, yeah, they fucking New Years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to more shift to like a Japanese version where it's like, yeah, I don't know, like maybe the sunrise for the first sunrise of twenty twenty five is the most important thing you can like experience. That's a huge thing, is to watch the sun the first sunrise, and like looking forward, where a lot of American stuff's like, let's take a look back, like there were so many retrospectives on like the shitty year that we had, and I'm like, yeah, and while that's all important, I think there's a time to say, like let's renew ourselves for the new year and then and really just emphasize like the actual New Year's Day.
Speaker 1: But hey, that's just.
Speaker 3: Me ows with this world of airs. I mean, Brian the editor has a pitch that already destroys the ball drop, which is the ball should be replaced with the Rube Goldberg machine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, could you imagine one that you set off like twelve hours before, like in another part of the country and it makes its way to fucking Rime Square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like or yeah, I don't know, this is.
Speaker 1: What we this is what America fucking.
Speaker 3: Needs right now.
Speaker 2: You, I mean, we also need healthcare, and we also need more, you know, we need to do somebody inequality. But this feels like a very Democrat idea that they fucked up, or they can like, you.
Speaker 3: Know what we need.
Speaker 2: It's something that unites the country by creating your giant Rube Goldberg.
Speaker 7: Christian Yeah, one domino doesn't fall like fuck.
Speaker 3: I mean, we are fucked so at least to be honest. I also like, why why not drones? You know, maybe this is a way to acclimate the people who aren't familiar with drones to the like possibilities of drones like this, you know, so that people could stop freaking the fuck out every time they see it drone. I don't know, just ideas here Times Square hit us up? Is it put on? Who in Times Square? Do you think it is it? Eric Adams? Do we think it's.
Speaker 2: It's definitely coasting off Credit Card Company.
Speaker 3: I feel like the reason it has survived this long in its current state is because it has been viewed by on like ninety eight percent people with like beer goggles, you know, like nobody is sober looking at that shit except for the West coast and even then, so like that's it's coasting off. Of that, but like, you know how easy it is to like impress drunk people, like, let's get a little something extra. Whoa guys, the balls.
Speaker 2: Dropping, the sober person ext It's like creeping.
Speaker 3: It's more creeping. It's been falling for the last ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Man, who.
Speaker 3: Love New York? Yeah did you see so? Brian just added some giant like drone displays, the biggest drone display Guinness World record holder biggest drone display into the chat and it's incredible. It looks awesome. It looks like you're watching like the movie Avatar come to life in front of you, Like all right, I'm a massive scale all right, go go home Avatar.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Yeah, this is like too much. Man, we couldn't handle. America doesn't deserve this.
Speaker 3: They need like something you can't really handle. On psychedelics. I think it was like the.
Speaker 1: Bad but then Americans just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the h there's also the Halloween display from Dubai from like a few years back that is so wild, so dope. A lot of people after we talked about the New Jersey drone scare, a lot of people were sending that our way. Yeah that is and.
Speaker 2: That was even scarier and I still think it's aliens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Miles has not changed.
Speaker 2: It's so literal. They're trying to tell us something. Jack, They're going to kill us.
Speaker 3: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're so big stories that we missed, big stories. Uh. There were on New Year's Day two terror attacks that were initially greeted as basically right wing talking points. There was the one in New Orleans where a truck drove into a crowd of people and then a person who rented a cyber truck and detonated him in front of Trump's hotel. People were immediately like that first one, the New Orleans one was actually crossed the border two days ago. Turns out it was two weeks ago. Turns out it was a rented car, so it was not the person who ultimately committed the terror attack was not the person who was in it at that time. But they were just so so quick to jump in the open borders. That's what's happened.
Speaker 2: This person came in through the border. Yeah, did this spoiler alert It was an American born Army veteran Texas native who was who did declare said that he had recently joined isis. But again the idea that it's like this person came over the word it's like no, no, no, man, Like, we're pretty good at creating people like this in the United States, for whatever reason, because of the access to all kinds of terrible things, and also the army veteran thing too. I was just reading this like thing in the intercept about how US military service is like one of the strongest predictors for.
Speaker 1: Being a perpetrator in a mass casualty event.
Speaker 2: So in both of those instances, we had people who had been in the military, and I think the other guy in Vegas was like struggling with PTSD and a lot of people turn that one into like.
Speaker 3: That was an attack on MAGA.
Speaker 2: It's clear what was supposed to happen there, And again this is what happens when the media doesn't fucking tell people what's going on. If they bothered to talk about this guy's own manifesto, which I haven't seen published in many places, but in that he's very clearly talking about how like this was meant to be some kind of like MAGA wake up call with the explosion, and that's why he did it in a cyber truck in front of a Trump tower with fireworks, because he said that was the way to capture people's attention, and he railed against like DEI but was also like also had those like like sort of like working class grievances too, like we're not supporting people. But then also, yeah, you know the Dems need to be fucking per like cold from society. So yeah, there we got a lot of interesting takes out of those stories, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean that one like felt it was like a cyber truck in front of Trump tower like that seems like a pretty clear message, but it's just again it's just uh yeah, in fact, it wasn't a clear message. It was not the thing that you thought it was, and in fact it is basically a lot of the right wing and you know, war mongering ideologies of America kind of coming home to metastasize. All right, moving along, obviously, these are stories that are going to like kind of continue to resonate. But just checking in with uh, well, get that Gates.
Speaker 2: That Gates report came out when we were on break, and it confirmed everything we already knew.
Speaker 3: Yes, like real truly you're like, uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like how that's just when we glossed over. I mean, I get it, it happened weeks ago. But I think for anyone who was curious, like, well happened the gate Sport it came out, They're like, yeah, we believe he was having sex with underaged kids, trafficking people, sending money, every.
Speaker 3: Sending money to doing drugs. Yes, but that one gets swept under the rug and everything about the You know that this guy has a manifesto about how democrats demoncrats need to be culled from the planet. Yeah, yeah, yahs faratu instead of notes. Oh. I don't know. It's just a thing that I'm trying. That movie did incredibly well, which is having seen it. Did you see it most sever yet? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I someone with just very large legs. That image that you shared was jarring, and I don't know if I can handle it.
Speaker 1: I can't. I simply can't.
Speaker 2: If my calves looked like just tib and fib, I would I think I'd be very sad.
Speaker 3: But I do feel like this guy, this director, he's the maker of The Witch, the Vi, the or the Witch, the Northman, the Light lighthouse, right and yeah, yeah, and this like, I don't know, it's wild to me that this blew up as much as it did.
Speaker 2: I had so many people hitting me up saying, let's go, let's go watch Noceratu on shrooms, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like absolutely like that. It feels like you're on shrooms a little bit watching it, Like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I need to augment like certain filmmakers. I'm like, I don't need to augment this. My perception of it. In fact, would rather see it quite clear eyed. Yeah, but no, I did not get to see it. But now that you know, I don't know, I'm back and forth.
Speaker 1: Zeigang.
Speaker 2: If you say I must see it and you think I would like it despite what Jack Field to me, then I will give it a shot.
Speaker 3: I definitely recommend it is there's one scene where he just like one of the characters enters this town and everyone is like dancing and playing an instrument for him while like making unblinking eye contact, and it's just it feels like so weird and surreal, but also like it feels like a thing that would happen. Yeah, and olden times, like they're just like, oh, a traveler.
Speaker 2: Ah, let's serenade him with tambourine playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like the weird texture of life. Like there were some big articles written about like the how he researches and you know, gets nails the details of everyday life. But uh, definitely worth checking out if you haven't already, and a lot of people did check it out. Drone fever over New Jersey. He seems to have gotten quieter. I lean the manifesto hope from the guy in Vegas did I think mention the drones and was like, those are about to be revealed to be a Chinese military operation, but other than that, not many. I just like I googled New Jersey drones and on like the news tab of Google, and it went from two weeks ago, mystery drone sightings continue in New Jersey and across the US. Here's what we know to two days ago. And it's just a list of towns in New Jersey where the Feds have said you can't fly drones anymore. So it's just they put a ban in place, and suddenly it stopped being a story. It feels like what happened? But what?
Speaker 1: But so the aliens?
Speaker 3: So I think just transdimensional aliens respect our federal bands.
Speaker 2: So they're fucking so they're boot liquors.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: Fuck these aliens, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, just because the Feds told you now you're going to stop, these aren't the aliens I want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nope, nope.
Speaker 3: I read one of the articles from two days ago about the bands and it's citing it as a mystery. It's like the you know, the Strone mystery that nobody can explain. But like the only videos they have are like from well before the band, So right, it's like, so whatever was happening when they put an fa ban in place, the whatever nefarious element transdimensional It was a lot of people's theory, like respected the ban and decided to stop flying the drones, almost as if it was just people flying drones for fun, because that's the thing you can do.
Speaker 1: No, it could be that too, It could be that to Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like it fits with like Havana syndrome and like the Chinese spy balloon where they tell you just enough of the details to convince you there's something weird and then it like goes away and nobody really like with the Chinese spy balloon, and like the drones I feel like people are less likely to follow up on it, I.
Speaker 2: Know, because this becomes one of those things like you kind of don't care like what the truth is, Like it's just like.
Speaker 3: Fun to be like what about all those drones?
Speaker 2: It's probably just drones, right, and then like it could be cool hah, And then once the truth comes out, you like, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 3: Whatever turns out it's not cool, but yeah, it's just the Internet like writing fan fiction into the news into reality, like coming out with the most exciting, interesting interpretation and just like willing it to be so. And yeah, we'll see, we'll see where this story. We're gonna stay on top of it though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see if there's any more like proletarian sort of violence happening. And then the drones come back or something, and.
Speaker 3: Look over there, look at this one, so the shape of big skeleton there.
Speaker 2: I was reading an article about how they're like on the internet, there's just so much pro Luigi Mangioni content places like YouTube, like like I don't even don't even know what to fucking do, Like how do you moderate all this shit?
Speaker 3: So what do we do? We do? You guys? What reality do do these people live?
Speaker 1: In surely not the one I live in with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I messed up stuff. It messed up the visas H one visas. This was one of the real big mainstream news story. Yeah, where Trump and Musk got were they were? They mad at each other.
Speaker 2: It was like Trump stayed silent, right, So Trump and must basically spent the whole summer and fall screaming about.
Speaker 3: How immigrants bad.
Speaker 2: Sure, but then Musk had to show his capitalist asked when he was like, well, let me reverse course. Here'm like, well, except for the immigrants that helped me make money, sure, like I need talented people like engineers to do this shit because obviously all Americans are so stupid I can't even hire y'all. And so when he was backing the H one B visas, so many people were.
Speaker 3: Like what happened?
Speaker 2: I thought we were I thought we were shutting it down. No immigration anymore, Like this is taking jobs away from white people.
Speaker 3: And that whole that created like.
Speaker 2: A whole internal war where he was like shitting on these maga people for like like being too stupid to understand, like why you need these kinds of workers for your companies? And then Trump acted like fash daddy on the road trip in the fucking station wag. It was like, hey, don't make me come back there, and just said, hey, calm down, MAGA, I too think H one B visas are the ship as well, So no more arguments, and that kind of simmered off and that worked for that. I mean, there's still that there's still plenty of people who disagree, but that sort of like the flashpoint has subsided a bit. But I think all this does is reveal we're starting to just see how all there's all these like like these warring factions within the MAGA movement right that are just not on the same page at fucking all in terms of how to like what to do with their power. And like I did the thing where I like to go calmb them, you know, message boards and comment sections on conservative news and shit like that. And it's interesting to see like the people be like they're like in disbeliefd like, but Trump said he was going to stop immigration and and he's not.
Speaker 3: It's like he doesn't mean what he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then some people were like, look exactly, he's all about making Then it's interesting to see this a little bit of awareness come out to where it's like, of course he's going to side with Elon because it's all about making the rich people richer.
Speaker 1: He's like all this stuff. You never know what these people so, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of lessons will not be learned over the next few years.
Speaker 3: But themselves, the Prestol's figuring out how to not learn those lessons. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back. The Golden Globe happened last night. The brutalist won for drama. That is, I was the wanting to hear a three and a half hour long movie, so I want to watch that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was criminally out of the loop this year from the on these I.
Speaker 3: Saw. I haven't seen Anore yet. I want to see Anora.
Speaker 1: I saw Anora.
Speaker 3: How did you see that? Was that server?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, well, okay, it is.
Speaker 1: It's on the server on the server now.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't wait and I and I actually did. I ended up renting that one. But yeah, that was so when the Brutalists kept winning, go what is this?
Speaker 3: This is a movie? The whole time, I.
Speaker 2: Just I had it on with Wlislim friends over and I was like, wow, okay, shout out the brutalist cleaning up.
Speaker 3: It's about an architect and uh it's not written by Iron Rand, so okay, I only read architectural stories that Iron Rand my favorite author.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: But Deni Moore won for the substance. Did you see that? No I told you that heavybody or like that? Oh is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh is it about something about like turning into like a younger person.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it's like yeah.
Speaker 1: People were saying, is kind of Cronenberg.
Speaker 3: Ye, yeah, it's definitely. It's got the the berg. It's in cronenberg Gian. But yeah, day wore One described in detail the moment that a producer branded her a quote popcorn actress and how that one comment just like eight at her self esteem for like decades. It was just I don't know, I just I feel like we all have those things where like someone says something judge, maybe like offhandedly, or maybe they're just like a you know, sociopath, and like just some part of our brain just like traps it, like the idea and inception and like you just can't get it out right right right, yeah, getting to exercise that demon you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean she finally won. You know, she's had such a career, you know, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I'm glad she won.
Speaker 3: Uh Man.
Speaker 2: Also, I want to see that Pamela Anderson movie everyone said was pretty.
Speaker 3: The Last Show Girl, the Last Show.
Speaker 2: Love the the and Andersans that we're seeing. But yeah, this the weird those side angle stage things were a little interest Like even as a viewer on TV, there were these moments where that people would come out to present and they were nearly like chest to chest, like for how close they were.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is a little bit odd in terms of the know.
Speaker 3: You guys shoot this in a closet, Like those places are always smaller than you think they are, like when you actually see them in person, Like have you ever been to like a late night studio I'm sure yeah. Yeah, like those things.
Speaker 2: Or even like Saturday Night Live, you're like, whoa, this is tiny in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's like you could fit the entire set on your desk, right. But yeah, Seth Rogan I got called out the weird camera work, like the presenters were shot facing the side of the stage, so the audience. It's it's a thing that like a lot of awards shows do where they'll like have these like little interstitials where people are like kind of it's usually reserved for like the people like coming back for break. They're like, and we have Mario Lopez over here, and he's just like, hello, see guys, I'm out here in the crowd. But in this case, it was like most of the presenters were just like standing there to the side, not facing the audience, and then the audience was like at a like diagonal angle behind them, and so Seth rogen like, like, what the fuck are you guys doing? He said, hello, I want to start by saying, this whole angled camera thing is very weird. It's inelegant, it's strange. This whole half of the room can see my bald spot. I would have filled that in. I said no, and I regret that now completely. Oh man. But yeah, Nikki Glazer hosted Killed It.
Speaker 1: Killed It. They're pretty great good.
Speaker 2: I think really brought the fun element back to the award show. He did a really good job of that. That one bit where she was about to do like the musical thing with the pope thing and then got interrupted by a phone call.
Speaker 1: She's like what this Oh this bit sucks?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Well, what about like all these there was just some really good comedic moments and yeah, the I don't know, just tell you.
Speaker 3: What wouldn't have happened on Ricky Gervais's watch.
Speaker 2: Oh that fucking guy just shut up already? What is he like live tweeting his.
Speaker 3: Brutal live tweeting, And he was like, I'll tell you what I would have said. Uh as she was like killing it, like everybody was just like, this is great. She's doing a great job. This is a lot of fun. He was live tweeting it, being like, uh, yeah, if they had asked me to host, they didn't, Yeah, I would have said a little something like this, hello, and welcome to the eighty second Golden Globe Awards. What a year it's been. Hundreds of entertainers jumped at the chance to go to the Vatican to meet the Pope, many from Hollywood. Obviously they weren't content with only being part of the second biggest pet o ring in the world. Great, yeah, for sure, there's like that's definitely like there's a lot of fucking creepy people in Hollywood. What is the hook?
Speaker 1: They did it two days before? Okay, that makes sense. It wasn't Live.
Speaker 2: He was preemptively being like, allow me to get ahead of this thing with my musings.
Speaker 3: With my premise that did a lot of entertainers visit the Pope this year, like a lot of movie stars. What the fuck is he talking?
Speaker 2: I feel like we're pretty up on papal events.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you know we're big. I mean, you don't. You don't think I would have come up in the Pope watch segment of our show, No Pope Watch Watch the Pope Zone.
Speaker 2: I just I think another way, just for him to do like his fucking weird like not funny anymore, Ricky Gervais ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, god, he's Oh my god, can he say that? Yeah? No, no, Like she made jokes about there being a room full of sexual abusers the whole time, but just like did it without having to make up a premise that they all went and visited the Pope that year.
Speaker 2: So much like weird homophobic shit, like he talked about Justin timberl He said, Justin Timberlake was convicted of drink driving. If he'd have gone to jail, he'd have heard the words sexy back a lot more often.
Speaker 3: Uh huh oh. And then he would take a sip of his beer because he like, he doesn't that dude. Yeah, dude, he doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, Ricky shut up, Niki, thanks, and Jimmy a fond farewell.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Carter Uh died at the age of one hundred damn keeping it one hundred. Am I right, folks, I'm young. Precisely, there's Uh. As a writer JM mcknab pointed out, there's old and then there's outliving your own obituary writers old because news outlets keep a oh bit for major world figures on ice at all times, and a number of the people who had written his obituary back in like the eighties and nineties and even early two thousands are now deceased themselves. So yeah, that's wow. He did it, Jimmy, he did it.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 3: He did it, he said, just despite them, he said, them writing that obituary about him. He took that personally. Yeah, like, I'm ja shut up. Michael Jordan, Yeah yeah, yeah, but what some like, I feel like Trump would gets so mad if he knew that they were writing his obituary. He would be like so much.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, someone weather balloon that story. Yeah, yeah, just to be like, oh wow, we've seen a few of the Trump obituaries and they are not nice. And it's like a scrooge situation, is like I want my obituary to be nice.
Speaker 3: What must I do? Yeah, I mean we should try it. We need to try everything, folks.
Speaker 2: We need to try everything except you know, coordinated organized action.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's doings two fun punks on him. So state funerals are basically like the Coachella of funerals. It will stretch on for days. It kicked off in Georgia over the weekend and this week. All five living presidents, including Trump, are expected to come to the big funeral service at Washington National Cathedral, and Biden had preemptively bragged that Carter had asked him to eulogize him, which would be really weird if like that wasn't true and he was just lying about that. But he was like, ah, I shouldn't said that, shouldn't have said that, But yeah, he wants me to say a few words.
Speaker 2: That sounds like they kind of lie, like a sociopath would say, like at a funeral. They're like, I don't know if you guys know this, but Jimmy actually wanted me to give the eulogy today.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you told you guys that, but that was one of the last thing he said to me. So is it cool if I go up there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, serie, play Fiend by Travis Scott featuring playbook Car.
Speaker 3: I do want that play at my funeral please. Trump also found a way, of course, to make Jimmy Carr's death all about him. He's been complaining on tree social that all the flags will be at half masked during his inauguration, which traditionally they're flown at half mass for thirty days during a period of national mourning, and Trump said, because of the death of President Jimmy Carter, the flags may, for the first time ever during inauguration of a future president be at half masked. Nobody wants to see this, and no America, no American, can be happy about it. Let's see how it plays out. Make America great.
Speaker 2: Nobody gives a shit man, Yeah, well, I mean he probably sees it as some kind of metaphor for.
Speaker 1: His penis or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They have to be fully erect at their highest levels when I take office or else.
Speaker 3: They'll know, they'll know it is just a sort of dumb ship that would obviously destroy Like really, it's.
Speaker 2: Like from what you said in the cold open, like loud loud pee thick pea stream equals big peepee.
Speaker 3: Ye Trump, I bet you could really get him with that shit.
Speaker 2: Flags at half mast means mushroom.
Speaker 1: The mushroom rumors are true.
Speaker 3: The mushroomors are true. Also, like, he also criticized Democrats for feeling giddy over the prospect of the flags being at half mast. It's just like nobody's like thinking about it at all but him. This is a quote which I love. They think it's so great and are so happy about it, because in actuality, they don't love our country so happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he should have just said they were always against me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: It is basically what you're saying, they were always against me. I get it, and that's what you think. Yeah, sure, we're all against you though, bro.
Speaker 3: Spoiler alert. All right, so are some of the things that are trending that happened over the break. We are back to our regularly scheduled program. Will be back tomorrow with a couple episodes of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines, get your fee shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will our tomorrow fight bite