Speaker 1: Hey, football fans, There's only a few short weeks left in the season and we've got some exciting wild card games to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Now, get on the action right now with my partners at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: They are offering all.
Speaker 1: New customers two hundred dollars and bonus bets.
Speaker 3: Instantly after betting just five dollars.
Speaker 1: Download the DraftKings at now and sign up using code TBC. Love the thrill of live betting, Well, DraftKings has got you covered bet live on any progress games right as they happen, making watching the game that.
Speaker 3: Much more exciting.
Speaker 1: If sports betting is not yet available.
Speaker 3: In your state, don't worry.
Speaker 1: You can still join in on all the pune with DraftKings Daily Fantasy and have the shot to win cash prizes. So download the DraftKings Sportsbook at now. New customers, use my promo code TBC and bet just five dollars on any wager and get two undred dollars and bonus bets instantly. That's promo code TBC only at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours. Wake that ass up in the morning, Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is dj n V Jess hilarious. Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed is the new.
Speaker 1: Headed coach of the Delaware State Hornets. Ladies and gentlemen, Deshaun Jackson.
Speaker 2: Welcome, brother, gratulations, Come on, man, appreciate you all for having me. Man, it's a blessing.
Speaker 3: How you feeling, first and foremost?
Speaker 2: Brother, Man, It's surreal man, Honestly, bro, I'm in a position man, you know, going We're just going through my whole life and my accomplishments, obviously playing at a high level since I've been a littlegit little kid, you know, from Pop Winner all the way to high school to college and obviously my NFL career were in New York right now, so I know a lot of New York just hate me for a little bit. But you know, it's all good. But man, honestly, man for a circle to be a head coach and the nflctor retiring two years ago, manute, it's a surreal feeling. Man.
Speaker 4: I love seeing brothers like you get these kind of jobs. But it's obvious the obviously these get going for the money because a lot of the to use just don't have it, So what what what?
Speaker 3: What is the motivation?
Speaker 2: Honestly, man, it's to change young kids' lives. Man, give them opportunities, give them hope. I mean really the visionary for myself was coming for where I came from. Grew up in Los Angeles, California, whereally didn't have a lot of resources, didn't have a lot of hope. Moms pops didn't really have a lot of money to help. So sports and ball was my only way out. So I feel like a lot of young black kids, a lot of kids in general, you know, coming from the area as we come from. I mean to have a guy like myself that knows every step of the way to get there. I mean, why not go touch these young kids' lives, man, to help them change their lives?
Speaker 3: How to come about?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 3: How did why Delaware? How did that position happen?
Speaker 2: People say why Delaware? I say why not? Though, But honestly, so I was last year was my first year of coaching high school, and my older brother had a opportunity to get a coaching job in Long Beach before I went to Long Beach. Probably when the number with the number one high school in America have put you know, guys into the NFL. So when I had I had a call. My brother's like, man, I could get a job, but it's in Long Beach. But it wasn't the high school I went to. It was like a rival school. So I'm like, ah, that's gonna be hard to do. But when you got the job, I was like, man, you get it. I'm gonna come work with you. Man. I got an opportunity to go coach on the last year, and I fell in love with it. Obviously, I played fifteen years and I can't get back to go out there and catch touchdown. So going out there and helping them young kids and train them, it just like it kind of mashed that void that I missed from catching touchdowns to training these young kids. And it was like I got into it and I fell in love with him, man I said. Man, I got an opportunity to really change these young kids' lives. I got so much knowledge and insight on the game. It would be crazy for me not to get it back to these young guys and you know, help them do every step. Or they were to have the Delaware call or did you reach out to Delaware?
Speaker 3: How did that happen so.
Speaker 2: Delaware, Delaware State. Actually, one of a good friend of mine hit me and he was like, well, you want to coach college football? I'm like college football, Like, I just played fifteen years in the league. You know how my time is just everything in my path. I'm like, I'm chilling feet kicked out them at the house. I ain't working because you know, it's a lot a lot of people don't understand the hard work to go. I was going to be a professional athlete. So when I got the call, I'm like college football. I'm like, I'm having a heck of a time right now. Coach in high school college, that's time. That time is crazy. I'm like, nah, I don't want to do it. Literally, like an hour later, I got another call from coach Clark, who's like a big brother mentor to me, and he was like, bro, you interested in the coach in college. I'm like, hold on, what the hell is going on? Is getting crazy now? I was like, man, ain't you in school? Because he's a teacher. I'm like antient and school, I said, man, calling back later and we'll talk about it. So I sat back and thought about it. I was like, you know what I'm gonna consider it, and literally less than forty eight dollars. I'm on a flight going to Delaware. So they actually inquired on me and reached out through a few mutual you know guys I knew, and it was like, Man, I had to go take this opportunity, man, I said, I couldn't pass on it for something I really want to do it. Obviously, it's changing young kids' lives. I was like, Man, I ain't gonna pass on this one.
Speaker 4: You know what I hate, man, I hate the fact that, like I didn't even know you coached that Woodrow Wilson High School until you got the job at Delaware State, for sure, And I'm like, why the hell wasn't people amplifying that. Why wasn't the media talking about that? Because if you did some bullshit.
Speaker 2: For sure, bro, I mean for me, man, I think throughout my career, men, a lot of you know what has followed me, and you know, I don't I don't like to use the word that. Unfortunately it is what it is. Growing up you know, Los Angeles around the gang culture, and you know, obviously the stigma he's hanging around with the wrong people, he's doing the wrong things. But throughout my career, like you know, I've never went to jail. You know, I've never had no feelings, you know, So it's like I'm I'm kind of put in that box just because I grew up and you know, the guys I do hang around with may partaking certain things, but at the end of the day, that's the culture and that's the next where I come from. So for me, like I never turned my back on them, I never made it. And it was like, you know what, I can't go to Crenshawn Sauce. I can't go to Crenshawn Vernon. I ain't gonna go to the Mert Park. That's my ears in. Like I love to go back and support and help pull guys out of the area because I know how I feel to be stuck in there and have no hope to go anywhere else, you know what I mean. So for me, like I just try to you know, iilize the guys that you know, I looked up to my older brother who's here right now. I got having the camera on my face since I've been a little kid, like every step of the way, it's always been a vision and I have people around me to believe in my vision and help me, you know, be or pushed me through every step of the way. And you know, now I'm able to really put a lot of lights on it. And you know, Amazon came through and we did a deal with them. But we're gonna be releasing a documentary and this far coming up. So it's just a lot of shrill things going on, and I'm just blessed, that's what's up. Did you ever feel.
Speaker 5: Like at some point, like this is way before you even got drafted, did you ever feel like doubt because they remember they were saying that you were too small, your friend was too small. It was cool which your frame was too small, You have have doubt.
Speaker 2: Honestly, me personally, I never had doubt. I just used all the naysayers and all the doubts to like fuel my fire. So knowing I was always the smallest, one of the smallest, but like I was always the fastest. So I'm like my dad used to always say, well if they can't hit you, and they can't, if they can't catch you, they can't hit you. You know what I'm saying. So like for me, I just kind of every step of way obviously couldn't nobody predict that I was gonna be in NFL for fifteen years? Like the average crew in the NFL is three and a half years. I came in that since they went in two thousand and eight. No one would have never predicted me to play fifteen years. So for me, I just I love the doubting. Right now I'm facing some more doubt. You know, people like man he ain't never coached college. All the hell y'all gonna go hire at DeShawn Jackson to be a head coach at Delaware State University. And for me, like, there's no shoes that are too big for me. I feel like I could feel any shoe there is made. And obviously having like a guy like coach Andy Reid who was my coach in Philadelphia, Deon Sanders, who's like a mentor to me. You know, I feel like I'm surrounding myself around great people. It's not gonna allow me to feel and I'm not gonna allow myself to feel. So I think the biggest thing about a head coach and being in a position like this, you gotta surround yourself and around I mean, you got to surround yourself with people to help you be successful. And for me, I'm gonna put some heavy hitters in the position. I can't let y'all know who I'm hiring, but I'm hiring some guys that got a lot of experience played in the NFL, coaching and feel and coach at college at a high level. So I'm excited for this opportunity.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask when it comes to recruiting players HBCU sometimes have a little tough especially sometimes you know, people go to the.
Speaker 3: Major schools, right because they feel like they get.
Speaker 1: Better looks on television, and sometimes they feel the facilities are a lot better when training and things like that. So how do you combat that part of it?
Speaker 2: You really want to know absolutely, I'm about to come holler at you. You went to hire y'all got that Joran sponsor? I went to well, honestly, man, for me, it's sponsorships in Hampton football for sure. I think, you know, just with the resources, like you spoke on me having a name, having a guy that had the success I had, I think it's a little easier. Obviously, you go back at what Deon Sanders did at Jackson State. He kind of put the plan down, He put the infrastructure down, He kicked the door up and forgot. I was like myself and Michael Vick obviously, I'm sure you guys seen the Michael Vick get the position at Norfolk State. You know, for me, that's like a big brother me. Man, we got a great relationship. I grew up looking up to Michael Vick and he kind of knocked the door down before I did. But it's crazy because when he got he called me. It was like I got an opportunity to either be at Sack State or Norfolk State. He was like, You're gonna be my first hire. So at the same time, I was like, I'm interested, but I was trying to like playing, not playing, but like kind of keep them limbo because I knew I would potentially have my own position, so I was trying to really figure it out. But I mean with them type of names, man, obviously Deon Sanders, Michael Vick, and then you have Deshaun Jackson, like we set up for this, and for me, I think Travis Hunter and Shador Sanders obviously showed a lot of players that are big that you can go to an HBCU ball out and still go to a Power five and still go get the nil money and do everything and still be successful. So I think it's a little more popular now. Before that, I don't see people doing it like myself when I when I I was coming out. Obviously, I came out in two thousand and five and I was a big time recruit and I always wanted to go to an HBCU. But for me, I was like too big to go to one. But my dad went to put through and cook me and my mom went to do Cainge. So for me, it's just a history man. It's the culture man, and I'm I'm pumped up ready for for real.
Speaker 4: Why why don't HBC use well, why don't they have more money to make high as like yours? And how do we increase that? How do we get them that money?
Speaker 2: Great question I think for myself. Honestly, if we're going to talk about money, me being the head coach at Delaware State wasn't about money. You know, at the end of the day, my career and the money I've made on the field obviously is an honor and a blessing. But taking this position, it wasn't like I'm about to take this position. I'm about to become some crazy million dollar coach right away, you know what I'm saying. So for me, it was just a vision. It was the energy I felt when I went to Delaware. The people I met, obviously doctor Allen, doctor Hawkins, Tony Tucker to can start, who was my guy that actually made this happen. When I when I stepped foot on that campusit it was just like the morale was like you could tell the people around just wanted to win. They had it eager for winning. It's like in the past two years they won two games. I mean, like, this is not an ideal situation for me, but it is because I know I'm a winner, so no situation scares me. So when I came into that that building, that facility, like like you said, it wasn't it's high schools that are better than our facilities.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know they had a football team.
Speaker 2: Damn. That's how you feel, though. That's real. But I mean, honestly, like I've heard about Delaware State, but I ain't really know too much about Delawares State either. In Philadelphia is right down the road. You know. I spent a lot of time in Philadelphia. I played for the Washington football team. They don't call them the team I used to play for, no more. They Commanders or whatever it is, or that I don't like that name. But then I played for Baltimore as well too, the Ravens my last year in the league. So I'm surrounding in the same area. Man. I really took a liking to Philadelphia because all we see, I'm a Cali dude. So when I got drafted to Philadelphia, like, I played for six teams, but Philadelphia was one of the best places I played in. Man, so I feel like I'm at home. Man. I really, I really want to put a gate around Delaware, around Philadelphia, around DMV, around Baltimore, because at the end of the day, it's a lot of talent that goes unnoticed and all these guys are going to other places, you know what I'm saying. So for me, I think it's huge. And that was a part of the pitch when I at the interview for the head coaching job. It's like, I mean, you have Deshaun Jackson coming in here. Now. A lot of these kids when I was playing in Philadelphia were kids that were five seven years you know, six seven years old, and now they in high school. I'm gonna go into the house and talk and it's like, wow, I remember you. I'm a Philadelphia Eagle fan. So it just makes it a little easier.
Speaker 3: Dig.
Speaker 5: Did your mentality have to change at all going from players to coach?
Speaker 2: For sure? Man? How do I answer that? When I think with this situation, obviously I did have to clean it up a little bit. And the reason why I would say that is because me and Lashan McCoy, who's somebody you know, I have a lot of respect for and it's like a brother to me. We was doing a podcast and uh, you free on that podcast. You can say what you want, you can do, you can dream, you know, whatever the case may be. So for me now being the head coach, it's a lot of things that I was having freedom to do and just relax just because you know what, I worked hard, I did my thing, and now I could let my hair down a little bit, so you know, a snap and finger. You know, I had to clean up. But I think throughout my whole career was like that, because when you walk into these offices, or you walk into these owners or these coaches, you know, you just can't be in there just being yourself. You know what I'm saying. You got to clean up and you gotta pertrain a certain image. So for me, like I've been used to that, I know how to turn the switch on and off. And I think the biggest thing is when you leading a university, you know, you have to be the resemblance of what you want your young men to look like. So I mean, you just you just want them to own own up to the responsibility of being young man, to be responsible, to work hard, and just all the characteristics you want in a young man to be able to be a grown man when you're done with them. And I think the biggest thing is when I walk in the door, I look at these young men like young men when they leave out that during that graduate I want them to become grown man. So you just got to start principles and just let them know. And I think the biggest thing for me is I know what it looks like. I know what they I know what the next level wants. I know the things not to do and what to do because I'm not the perfect pitch. You know, I did a lot of things that you know, I had to learn from and and now looking back, especially the social media space. Like I posted a lot of things when I was young, and the older God was like, damn, I wish I didn post that. Damn I always I want to show with that.
Speaker 5: But it also shows them that you are relatable to Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You got stigmas all that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: So you don't claim show.
Speaker 2: Sure, don't claim it. Just say a I for real, that's real. Now.
Speaker 1: I know Kevin Hart your gout, Sir Kevin Hart came up here and he said some things about Delaware state.
Speaker 3: Culture.
Speaker 2: When you don't let it go, come on, let it be.
Speaker 4: Know why did you go since she didn't, I thought I was trying to university.
Speaker 1: You just a bunch of niggas.
Speaker 3: Delaware.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I know he's a huge Eagle fan. I know you guys are close. Did you call him and you got the job and be like, bro, you got to take that back. Now.
Speaker 2: See what's crazy is I didn't even know about that viral moment until like maybe like a few hours ago. It wasn't a viral just in Delaware was so so when I heard when I heard about what he said, I reached out to him, and you know, I tried to get him to call in to apologize you because you know, now your little hommy is the head coach over there. But uh, you know he's dealing with all the fires and I think he's shooting up a show right now. But one thing I'll said about Kevin Man, Kevin is a great dude and got a great relationship with him. I know he just say thing, you know how he is, Kevin just saying comedy, Kevin just joking. He just be popping it. But for sure Kevin's gonna come. He gonna come support. I mean, you know his roosts for Philadelphia and being a huge Eagle fan. You know, he was like, man, what I need to do? Y'all got a building I can put my name on. I'm like, we got a whole lot of stuff you can put your name on. It's HBCU. We gonna need you. So I'm looking forward to build a lot of relationship and I got a lot of relationships with you know, like Michael Rubin is a guy that I reached out to and you know he congratulated me as well too. So just looking forward to put on our resources man and bring it together. Man, because I think we got a big opportunity, man, to change the perspective on HBCUs Man, and I'm I'm stoked. I'm ready to get it going for sure.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what when you become a when you become a parent, you start looking at your parents different, like you kind of just appreciate them more and respect them more and understood what they went through. Now that you're a coach, do you feel like that about your old coaches because you probably.
Speaker 2: Give them your I promise I did. And you know it's crazy because when I was younger, my mom was like, you bad, but your kids are gonna be that much more bad than you are. So now obviously I got two sons six and nine, and my nine year old boy, he would give me a run for my money. So I'm like, man, I feel what you're saying. But Craig, you said that because I was in the team meeting with the guys that met him for the first time like two days ago, and I could just see like, man, like, these dudes gonna give me a run for my money. But it's a good thing because it's relatable, you know what I'm saying. I literally was just in their seats. I know what they want to do, and I'm not trying to sit here and police them like you young man, like you know right from wrong. If you want to be an elite scholar athlete, it's certain things you have to do. I mean, it got to look a certain way, and it's the nature to Beninson. Now, it's a lot of money involved in these colleges, like you able to get paid for it, so I'm able to really walk in there and say, look, if you want xyz, this is what you gotta do. You know what I'm saying. And if you don't do it like this, Delawaes State might not be your fit. You know, it's unfortunate. But I want guys that want to do this. I want guys that want to play at the next level, Like I know what I want to accomplish there. And like I said, I don't got time to wait. We don't got time to mess around, Like we're not rebuilding. We coming there right now. We want to win this year.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about that, like what Chaulaman said, Like you know, these students might come in there, someone might be feeling themselves a little bit talk too, a little crazy.
Speaker 3: When you're in the league, you could talk back. I'm sure you can talk to your coach.
Speaker 1: You know, you might have to go move some furniture, but now you're a coach, you can't move that furniture.
Speaker 2: You can't move that furniture. But one thing I will say, I think it's a respect It's a respect level. And I always say, like, how do you like when you first meet somebody, Like do you come in there and just expect or like, say you you got a job or you're a boss and you hire somebody, like, yeah, you might have an authority, but you're not just gonna talk to him any type of way. Now, you do have certain bosses that do feel like, you know what, I'm gonna talk to you any type of way, and I don't care how you feel, but like, is he really gonna run runt through a wall for you? So for me, it's like my perspective, if I'm gonna come here and ask you to do certain things, I'm a mutual build that report with you before I just come at you crazy and talk to you crazy, because it's like I may expect you to run through a wall for me, and you I don't know you, like I don't trust you. You got to build that before you just run through a wall. So I feel like building that trust and letting them know, like you know what I was once in your position. I know where you want to go. Let me help you get there. Follow my steps. I can't make I can't go play for you. I did my thing on the field. I can't go play for you. D Jack can't go on the field and go catch a pass for you. But I can tell you what it takes to get there, and if it's on you to follow me. Like I told my players, I love y'all, and I don't use that word lightly. I said I love y'all, but it's on y'all to make me not love y'all. You know what I'm saying. So if I turn my back on you, it's because you made me turn your back. It's not because I didn't think. Because at the end of the day, I'm coming in with love. I'm giving y'all love. I'm not coming in here trying to be your daddy. Y'all got dads, I got kids. But at the end of the day, y'all gonna respect me. Because if y'all respect me, I'm gonna get you where you I'm gonna get you to where you want to go to.
Speaker 5: And then a good thing to always go to, always humble them, is y'all are in Delaware.
Speaker 2: There ain't nothing out your head. We're gonna turn out. You come to the game, bring it back. You know, you gotta come support it. But there ain't nothing in Delaware. They got nothing to do but staying in. But yeah, for sure, you know it's crazy. So within the past two three days I've been out there. I've been driving going to get food because obviously dovers like everything is on this one strip. So we're driving out. I seen probably like ten of my my student athletes were driving down in the car that like coach like, man, look it's another player. There's another player. So it's like it's real close and it's like it's family oriented. For sure.
Speaker 4: You might need that at this point in your life, cause you say, you do fifteen years your time you was quiet, but you still have Cali's off for sure, run all your family, your friends. You might need that that quiet life.
Speaker 2: I definitely do. And I think for me, man, it's a great time because those who really know me, after my fifteen year career is over, I retired in twenty two two when I played for the Ravens. So right when I tired, I got both my kids full time and their mom wasn't around, So I think that really helped me too, and that really like put some discipline in, you know, because if I didn't have them, I would have probably been traveling, spending money, blowing money. I would have been everywhere. Because obviously people don't understand. So it's not only fifteen years, it's the three years before that, and maybe one or two years before that when I was in high school, because I was a high profile player coming out of high school. So you gotta think all them years of non stop working out, training, this, that, and the third. So it was twenty twenty two when I retired where I was like, I could have really just splurged and just went crazy. But I got my kids full time, so that really helped me sit down, and I was taking them to school, picking them up, taking them to sports, and doing a lot of things. So I think last year was like, all right, hold on, I just did that for a whole year. I said, now it's time. I can't beat the baby daddy and the baby mama. I said, I got to go coach. Went to go coach with my older brother, Uh, Coach Clark who's in the building. And I just give a huge shout out to Coach Clark. He's a huge inspiration on my life and not only to my life, ment to a lot of a lot of young men. He put a lot of young guys into college active college players right now that the ballers. Man, I'm excited for his journey because this was a dream come true for him to get this spot in his position.
Speaker 3: And he's coming with you.
Speaker 2: He come. I made him my assistant head coach, man because just for everything he meant to me and what he did, I missed the dream come true. Man, He's leaving his family, he's leaving his daughters, he left his school that we just built some crazy that it's never been happening one hundred years. And he coming. Man. So man, I just want to tell.
Speaker 3: You I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: What about someone like you know, like I said, you know, even with the coaching thing that Woodrow was in high school, there's things that people don't amplify.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that you had.
Speaker 4: Custody in kids because you go the way around, right the daddy wasn't around. Why wasn't the mother around?
Speaker 2: So some personal things went down. So, you know, we was we were trying to work out our situation, and throughout our situation, I was actually I was playing for the Los Angeles Rams in twenty twenty one, and uh, throughout that period of time, you know, we was back and forth on and off for about six or seven years, and it just came a point of time where we couldn't really figure it out. She left and you know, start dealing with some individual and the principles didn't the line, you know what I'm saying. The guy she was dealing with didn't aligne to what I was preaching and doing over here, and we kind of just didn't see eye to eye. We didn't talk, we lost communication. And for me, like I'm a very respectful man, and I understand when you're in a partnership and you have kids with somebody, you have to ligne and the things on the line, like I'm not gonna have my kids be around somebody that I can't talk to them, or I can't know where their location is, or I'm not going for that like my dad did. In't start all principles in me and I would never turn my back on my kids. So I'm very influential on my kids' life. And uh yeah. So it just went and we didn't talk, and I was like, I'm grabbed my kids and it was nothing, you know, nothing too personal. But at the end of the day, I just had to grab my kids, man, And for me, that was like I could not be one of them. Dass, it's just not around. Man. Then you got two boys and I love them death.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like a court situation.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, it almost got to some court stuff, but like we really figured it out before the end and so it didn't really have to get messy because you know, of course it's public. You try like hi, you try to close case and all that, and it just kind of got to to atter. So I was like, you know what, let me just you know, get them, and she granted them to me and stuff, and then we just kind of did like that. But it's it's good now because now that I'm coaching, you know, she ain't dealing with the dude no more, and like me and her is cool now. So I'm like, all right, cool, you're gonna help me Out'm about to get this full time coaching job. The kids can come back with you and you know where. Everything's good. So them two years it was tricky though, but we're good now.
Speaker 5: Now you're from la is your family okay, we got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's crazy. So I'm supposed to be going back Saturday. I'm gonna actually stay in town for the Eagle game on Sunday, but my mom's here. She came in town for it. But yeah, like my family, it's kind of more on the outskirts, but a lot of people in la man, it's you know, it's crazy. Man. I just want to pray for my city, man, and you know, hopefully everything gets you know, handles.
Speaker 1: I just got to ask, you know, before you leave. You know, the Eagles and Giants rivalry was crazy. I've been to one game in Philly and I told myself I'll never go back.
Speaker 3: Just the fans in Philly is differently, It's crazy. I seen nothing like that. I had a baby with me and they was still we don't care. I'm like Jesus, but what did you think about the Giants?
Speaker 2: Uh lettings at Congo?
Speaker 3: Let me seengo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, honestly, that was the stupidest thing you could have ever did. And what's crazy? I think like one of the so it was like a front office guy who was actually on the Eagles. He worked for the Eagles and then like he went to New York and he was in the room because I remember when they was making the decision and I seen him, like, man, he used to work for Philly. It's crazy to come sitting there listening to what they're talking about that like, oh, yeah, you know he yead okay year, but you know we could we could probably just let him go, like we're not gonna play him. And I'm just listening to the conversation and to see a year, not even a year later, he's killing killing at a high level, and I think, you know, sometimes it's just like you need that fresh start, you need that energy because you know, when you're at a team. I hope none of y'all giants fans, but when you're I am.
Speaker 3: A giant, can we put a uh? I got turned into this.
Speaker 2: Way, but talking about a cowboy friend, say at even bad, But that's what I said.
Speaker 3: Cow girl, I'm a cowboy killer.
Speaker 2: I know about it.
Speaker 4: My daddy was a cowboy fan. He's a cowboy fan. I don't you know, I'm grandfather. Then every year to say going the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Every that's what they say. My boy, I got a best friend. He was a diehard cowgirl fan, my bwgirl fan.
Speaker 3: And every year this o this our here, this our yere.
Speaker 2: Then midway through the season, maybe I'm like, bro, y'all need to just get rid of Jerry Jones. Man, once you'll get your get rid of him and Jones.
Speaker 3: The other day I saw him.
Speaker 4: Another day, I saw him the same Boughts and I told him, I said, man, we gotta get this ship together, and he hit me with some rich white man ship like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we digged and we were supposed.
Speaker 4: To zag, but.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you good. Lamar Jackson went crazy this year. What you'all predicted on the Super Bowl? I actually think Baltimore Baltimore.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I got a feeling.
Speaker 4: About Baltimore stuff, Baltimore, Philly, the.
Speaker 3: Chiefs, I think. I think I think Eagle's gonna get well.
Speaker 4: Actually, Baltimore Baltimore. I want to say Baltimore and Philly, but I think Baltimore in the Lions.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like that that could be a potentials look good.
Speaker 4: But I wanted to say to you know, a lot of these coaches are leaving, especially like old the white coaches, because they say they can't handle these kids and these n I L deals. And that's why I think it's good for guys like you, because you made damn one hundred million in the league, and I think the one thing that they're missing. Yeah, they might be making some money now, but there's a whole bigger, bigger, bigger bag to get later. And I think only guys that have done it like yourself can relate.
Speaker 2: To them kids like that. I mean, you support me, right, yeah, absolutely supporting d jack Man love HBC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he asked for help me.
Speaker 2: But they said I got y'all for real. I'm locking with y'all whatever y'all want to put him my Hamp.
Speaker 3: I hate you, you know, I like this.
Speaker 2: I thought it was how Hamp.
Speaker 4: And we don't sclude Eddie George enough either. They always talked about Mike and Eddie.
Speaker 2: George does this thing over there too. Man.
Speaker 3: Now, we definitely come out in support, definitely.
Speaker 4: And I saw what Dean said about you. He just like everybody needs to wrap their arms around your stuff. Have you always been in your corner like that.
Speaker 2: Dion has always been a big influencial for me, man. I think going back to when I was in high school, Man, he used to reach out to me and I had an opportunity to sit with him a few times on official with him a few times, just really pick his brain. Man. I think he's he's a special dude. Man. Him and him and Jerry Rice are like my two mentors. So to have two guys like that in my corner man every step of the way, even like while I was playing, even before I got to the league. So I mean that ain't that ain't just a post. He's just posting like we really locked in and we got a real great relationship and he's helping out a lot like my think. I think, you know, in our culture, we don't give a flowers to people that really like support us and help us out. I definitely want to give Coach promised flowers because he's for the culture. He is the culture. I think he's doing some great things and a lot of people still hating on him, like at a big level, Man, what his sons is doing, like that should dream come true man for any man. And I know they ball and he's doing I don't care. Man, if you got an opportunity to coach your kids and see him at the highest level and to see like that, I hope he become the first pick. You know what, Oh no, y'all can't get him. Well, Tennessee Titans might be able to do it. Patriots don't.
Speaker 3: They got the first, the Tennessee Titans first. First, the Titans and the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Then they need to make it the package deal. Man. Let the daddy and the coach man go in. They probably come back and get shy later on. Maybe get Travis at the two. You never know that.
Speaker 4: Brime said some fliction on Willow and Gilly said, I picked it up.
Speaker 2: He was like he on something.
Speaker 4: He was like, I would coach in the NFL if I could coach my to.
Speaker 2: I'm like, see what you know a little something that the only way he ain't going back to Colorado is something like that happening. I know them, man, He's a yeah, he liked that. It might we might see that. It might be crazy.
Speaker 3: I would love for the Giants to pick him up.
Speaker 2: Giants glory, y'all want I mean a non meaningful game, like why would y'all. That was stupid as hell.
Speaker 1: Asked, do y'all ever, I mean in the NFL, do y'all ever, just say like, there's no sense of winning this game.
Speaker 3: Let's not win this game. Does that conversation happen?
Speaker 2: I can't account for that now higher up potentially, yeah, because they want them number one picks. I believe that happens. But as a player, you go out there playing around, you're gonna get hurt and one injury with in your career, So it's not really worth going out there trying to bs and mess around in terror a cl or be knocked out on that. You gotta think them growing in on that field. They taking care of their families and they want their bonuses. So it's a lot of money riding on them games. So I never partected none that. I can't speak for nobody else, but I ain't. Ever they should have just pulled some of the players.
Speaker 3: Listen in, let's pull this one out.
Speaker 2: Nothing for him to win that game, nothing like, come on, that was the first home win. You feel me like, come on, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: That's the only game I ain't going I'm like, I'm not going to We're gonna lose this one.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting the house like, what the is going on?
Speaker 2: That's crazy? Man.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, we appreciate you for joining us. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Congratulations again, man, thank you. Absolutely not gonna be the situation, right, You're not gonna they ain't gonna end U quitting before.
Speaker 2: Okay, nothing I do our quitting life. Man, We're gonna be there to support everything all going. I just want to tell y'all to man, y'all been killing it with y'all. Show man. Been watching y'all for a long time. Uh, rest in peace. Nipsey Hustle, that's my brother, that ship with him. But I've been watching y'all. Sh y'all do y'all thing. Man, y'all keep going, man, take it off. Man.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, it's to Sean Jackson, the new head of the coach, the new head coach for Delaware State Hornets, and it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club.