Speaker 1: Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: That one is Hello, Hey, welcome to Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, today's Christmas. Merry Christmas, Mary, Christmas. We're gonna get flagged for that. Why because I think I played a second longer than I should have. Oh really, Yeah, you're not allowed to play songs. I mean you can, but then if you're monetized, you can't get paid for it because you've like stolen someone else's.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so many rules.
Speaker 2: Property or something like that.
Speaker 1: Too many rules.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Today's Monday, December twenty fifth, and we're here for you. Are Christmas Dad?
Speaker 1: I cannot believe you made me coming on Christmas to do this with you.
Speaker 2: Oh. You both were festive talks we did.
Speaker 1: Mine is about a book.
Speaker 2: What's It's the most wonderful time for a book?
Speaker 1: Yes, Leanna got it for me for Christmas because we have a love for reading.
Speaker 2: That's cute. And mine says I'm not a player. I just crush a lot and it's a nutcrack.
Speaker 1: That's very cute.
Speaker 2: So, uh, Andrew is not here today. He's very very busy.
Speaker 1: See, he was decided I had to come in on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean people aren't stupid. It ain't Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's not. Yeah, but what is it today?
Speaker 2: Don't say that's confusing, it's confusing. But anyway, this is being run on Christmas Day. Welcome. Oh you know what, Let me play the let me play the thing here the actual official open.
Speaker 1: Live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studios.
Speaker 2: This is Serial Killers and it is thank you Stax. So Danielle is my special co host today. Always love when Danielle stops by. You were just here two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was my family. Love that we were here from doing a little special over the sas that's.
Speaker 2: Right edition, and I was very upset that I didn't. I for totally spaced and forgot to take a picture of all of us in the studio. So one, the one that got posted for that episode was just like me and Danielle and then as Spencer, like when we were Jimmy founon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he pulled up a picture of Sheldon on right.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, that's right, I did. He was there all right. So since today is Christmas, I found a cereal that is a limited edition Christmas flavor. Right, let me go down into the cereal.
Speaker 1: Sound get your sack out, just like Santa.
Speaker 2: Now this is Three Wishes. Okay, it's a cereal, small cereal company from a nice family that uh, the the Wishes family. They're the Wish and the Wishing grad family. So it's called three Wishes because there's three. Three I don't need you know what, I don't know, no idea, no hold on a second. They say good things coming three, so luck would have it, so did we, and then we had it right, there were three and then they had another kids about four. But they're not going to change the name anyway. So this is gingerbread flavored three Woo.
Speaker 1: That might be.
Speaker 2: I'm not a huge fan of gingerbread flavored things. I don't really like ginger. Okay, see and Andrew was like, wait a minute, the ginger that you get in sushi is actually ginger. Well, yes, there's only there's only one ginger. They just use it in different ways for different things. So anyway, this is a limited edition gingerbread flavored three Wishes.
Speaker 1: You know you can smell it all ready in the boxesn't even open.
Speaker 2: Well that may not be a good thing. It could be a hole in the bag.
Speaker 1: Then, oh well, let's hope not.
Speaker 2: So we've had some other three wishes cereals before. Some were really good and some.
Speaker 1: We've never heard of the cereal before. Where do you get it?
Speaker 2: You can get it. It's popping up in a lot of stories and you could see the target.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I got this one at Stu Leonards on Long Island.
Speaker 1: Nice soo Stool Linards.
Speaker 2: I love that place.
Speaker 1: I love his commercials. Hey Stool Lennards here.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is ninety five percent of the country has no idea what you're talking about. Yeah, it's a it's a supermarket chain here, that's you know, it's a it's a destination.
Speaker 1: Yes, it really is a destination.
Speaker 2: They call it the Disneyland of supermarkets and you can.
Speaker 1: Get free ice cream if you shop there enough.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of those on my app. I have like sixteen.
Speaker 1: I save them for the summertime though, because.
Speaker 2: You know, I use them all year long. See when I used to do instacarts, and I would do them there, I would get everybody's points.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I collected a lot of rewards.
Speaker 1: You don't do instacart anymore.
Speaker 2: Really, it's not worth it. Like they want you to go out and buy like seventy two things and drive fifteen miles and here's seven dollars and eighty four cents. It really has it's just not the same.
Speaker 1: But then don't you get paid on top of that seven dollars and eight No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's it with the tip. Really, it's really gotten insane.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Let me go back to the Farmland Fresh Dairies fridge.
Speaker 1: Oh smell, that really is gingerbready smells like when you make the cookies. Oh there's the cow. There's the Farmland cow.
Speaker 2: They just call her cow face?
Speaker 1: Is that what they ca?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andrew and I are trying to come up with a name. We may have some sort of a contest so we can name caw.
Speaker 1: Fas Is that really what they call her? Cow face?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's just in the in the email that they sent us they said, oh you know cow face. I was okay, well we have to name calf. Most cows are named Bessie.
Speaker 1: And I don't know why Bessie. Yeah, that's I don't know why. They must be got to google that.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were using Farmland Fresh Dairries two percent organic milk. Because I love the container. I mean The milk ain't so bad either.
Speaker 1: The milk's really good. I like the purple container.
Speaker 2: Yeah, purple is generally two percent.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Yeah, okay, oh it's good. Okay, no, it's very good. You know what it says like cinnamon toast crunch a little bit. Mm wait, hold on.
Speaker 2: Right here, it comes right there, It is there, it is. This is what. Look, they're a wonderful family.
Speaker 1: But the first bite is always yes, the aftertaste is not quite what I was expecting.
Speaker 2: I've always said with these type of cereals, what is that Almost can guarantee you there's either stevia or monk fruit in here, because that's that taste. Yeah, there it is. Here's the ingredients chickpea, tapioca, peap protein, organic cane sugar, cinnamon, natural flavors, salt, and monk fruit. The thing is, if they're gonna put cane sugar in it, why ruin it with the monk fruit can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like cardboard in the back of my throat.
Speaker 2: It's it's I.
Speaker 1: Feel bad because they're probably very nice.
Speaker 2: There's such sweet people. They've reached out to us before, and we've had one or two of them that we actually really liked. But it just has a if you can see, the thing is, if you can chew it up and swallow it fast enough and it doesn't linger in your mouth, you may not get that flavor. That's not going to happen, right, so you spit it out. I don't know. Sadly, I'm going to just have to give it a bowl. I can't. I can't do much more than that. Yeah, if you want.
Speaker 1: No, give it a bowl.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't.
Speaker 1: Feel I will tell you. When you first taste it, it's like, oh, this is really good, right, and then then then it like then I felt like it expanded in my mouth and I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: So it's just that it's that weird, funky flavor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'm sad about that. Yeah, Like I hate when like you like, you know, the people are nice, you want to support this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, they sent us a nice postcard with a picture of the family and a nice little note. They were very sweet.
Speaker 1: But you did say some of the other flavors were good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a chocolate one that was good. I keep seeing a lot of different flavors in the store, so we'll try another one, and it's.
Speaker 1: Actually better for this Cereal is really better for you.
Speaker 2: That's probably why, you know what, anything good usually isn't that great.
Speaker 1: This is limited addition to well because holidays.
Speaker 2: Right, so you probably won't be able to get it much longer. So if you want to try it, I mean, it's a one bowler, but you know, you do you into what bowl?
Speaker 1: Maybe people like one bowlers.
Speaker 2: So here's the new cereal. Okay, yes it's new. Okay, I mean you've had it for thousands of years, but for whatever reason, they decided they needed to make a mini version of honey nut shirts.
Speaker 1: That's cool, you know what. I like that as like a snack in a little snacky bag and take it with me as a snacky So not.
Speaker 2: Only regular honey nut r is a choking hazard for children, make them.
Speaker 1: Smaller, Yeah, that's true. This is probably not good for kids under three, or it's without teeth.
Speaker 2: I know, if there's a warning on here. I don't know, I mean, you know, whatever.
Speaker 1: Because they can well maybe they can, I don't know. Do the melt in your mouth?
Speaker 2: No, it's cereal?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, I don't remember. I haven't had little.
Speaker 2: Kids, eminem you haven't had.
Speaker 1: I do have my nephews, but they I'm trying to think of my niece. But the little they do?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Does they do the melting ones? You know all the little yeah Berber the melts, the melts and all that stuff. Can I say?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: They have Gerber has these puffs.
Speaker 2: I love the puffs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. They have like the cheese ones and like the cinnamon vanilla or something that tastes like French toasts or French. There's I buying for myself there for babies.
Speaker 2: I know. I still eat some of the Gerber stuff, Like if it's on sale, I'll buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good.
Speaker 2: They're good little snacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really are. And on weight watchers I think when I was doing weight Watchers, the there was like a little bit of points for the puffs and you could eat like twelve. You know it's good. Face, Look how tiny these look?
Speaker 2: Thank you for being organic. Thank you. Look I just booped her nose. I'm booping farm their fresh airs. Caw face.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at how cute.
Speaker 2: Right. They're probably about a quarter of a size of regular honey.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: They are very good. So for some reason, General Mills decided that they needed to make mini versions of some of their cereals. There's Lucky Charms, They've got a lot of they got a lot of mini cereals. Now. I don't really understand why, but you like that.
Speaker 1: Four bolts and I like this better than the big ones. I feel like you can get a lot more in your mouth. Does that sound wrong? I think it does.
Speaker 2: Mean the texture is slightly different, but.
Speaker 1: When you put because look, you can put a whole bunch in the spoon and then we go.
Speaker 2: If I if I had to choose over regular size honey nut cheerios or mini, I probably would go with mini.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I think they're just more fun.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: It smell it though, it has a strange smell, but it tastes a sad right, yeah, weird. I will also give it four bold.
Speaker 1: Feel bad for those three wishy people.
Speaker 2: That's okay, they'll be all right. I mean they're they're doing okay. Yeah, I mean they got their cereal and targets. It must so.
Speaker 1: But they on like.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wonder.
Speaker 2: You can read about them.
Speaker 1: See what it says say good things come in threes, and as luck would have it, so did we. And then we had Jonah and things got even sweeter. Our family wished for a cereal that everyone in the house would love. Imagine a tasty cereal that's good source of protein and it's made with wholesome ingredients. Until now, most cereals have been made with grains. We had a different vision, one that uses nutrient rich plant based ingredients. Although it took a little more than just wishing, the cereal of our dreams is here. Oh that's very nice.
Speaker 2: That's sweet, right, Okay, Well, we're gonna take a break, a break. We'll be back right after this. I'm Wilford Brimley and I've had diabetes for about twenty years and we're bad.
Speaker 1: Really, that's what.
Speaker 2: I don't have the thing anymore and you won't put it back in, so I just need whatever. I Oh, I just need to find short things in there. Okay, I mean, I mean I could play this one too. Beat us. That's the original. If you go back to like Serial Killers ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like, yeah, that is the original.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And people still to this day send me Wilfrid Brimley stuff like mugs and shirt they send me that. You know, there's like some meme where he's in a classroom and full of kids, and it's like, if you have three candy bars a day, what do you get diabetes? Something like that.
Speaker 1: I can't believe people sent you that.
Speaker 2: Constantly, constantly. We don't really even talk about him much anymore than poor guy all right, Oh my god, no, he's dead.
Speaker 1: You remember here from Cocoon and I don't think so I have to see a picture.
Speaker 2: There's milk all over you.
Speaker 1: You have milk? What did you do your shirt? It's on your pain. It looks like you peach.
Speaker 2: I'm a mess. But you don't remember the movie Cocoon Will for Brimley. The old people they broke into the place. I remember the movie and they all felt young again. And Steve Guttenberg was a ship was the.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that movie, and I don't even know how long so i'd have to Yeah, alright.
Speaker 2: Now, we have a friend Matt, who sends us boxes and boxes of stuff all the time like he's he's a good dude man. He sends us tons of cereal. Where does he get it all at the store?
Speaker 1: And how does he know you haven't had it because.
Speaker 2: He goes to Serial killerspc dot com and he checks and sees what we've done.
Speaker 1: That's why I was saying, that's how you would say.
Speaker 2: You're the best. So let's stay in the OH category.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a this isn't this is the oh Christmas edition? I guess, oh Christmas Cereal.
Speaker 2: So these are your Multimeal golden honey oos.
Speaker 1: Oh that looks good. Okay, now like multimeal.
Speaker 2: Multimeal is good. Do you know which company makes Multimeal. It's a big company. This is just their offshoot cheap brand?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Post Post makes Multimeal?
Speaker 1: So they have an expensive brands of cereal and then a cheapies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are the ones that do you remember I've said this a thousand times. Do you remember when we were kids there was a commercial on TV for Maltimeal and it was a guy that would like get down on his knees and like walk on the bottom because they were when we were little, these were always on the bottom shelf. Oh yes, I always always on the bottom. People were embarrassed to buy them.
Speaker 1: So is that why they put them down there?
Speaker 2: No, it's just that they were cheaper and the big cereal companies pay a lot of money to be eye level. You know.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Oh is that how it works?
Speaker 2: Pretty much?
Speaker 1: You think I would know. My dad used to work for a food brokerage company.
Speaker 2: I remember that growing up. I feel like the first time I ever met your dad was in Jersey City at International Food something where that Target is now. There was a food place there and we did something there with him, and.
Speaker 1: He was like, well, his big one of his biggest accounts back in the day was La Choi and every like Chinese New Year was awesome because whatever the year of the animal it was, he would bring home inflatables of that animal, so we would have the ox and the whatever. And then he one year he brought home rickshaws and we had rickshaws and my brother would charge and give people in the neighborhood these rickshaw rides. And then we even had a huge Chinese dragon float for we didn't have the pool, but we had a float and we would sleep in it in the middle of the room. Was just huge inflatable thing, floating, no smell, no, But it's just like it's such a childhood memory because it's something I remember my dad always doing on how excited my brother and I and my sister would get when he'd bring these things home. What is that? Oh that's the serial. Why are you giving me one and you give me the other?
Speaker 2: They're all the same, I mean, the thing is like. Okay, So you might think that these are like honey out cheerios from looking at the bag, but they're not. These are more uh that cereal called Oh's. Yeah, it used to be Quaker. I think another brand makes it now, okay, but like they have little chunks of something in the middle.
Speaker 1: By the way, people might say watching this, Danielle, you can't drink milk. What are you doing when the milk just touches the cereal? And I don't like have a full glass and I just take a little bit. I'm usually okay, So we're you know, we're banking on that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I enjoy your drive home, all right, So here we go, multimeal golden honey Oh's. They're big. Oh, hold on, nice crunch, Get a little coconut hint there.
Speaker 1: Oh. I like this. This is different. Wait, this is really different.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's so different.
Speaker 2: It is pretty good. The texture is nice, it's very crunchy.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, like there's a bunch of stuff going on there.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure there's coconut here. If not, it's flavored with.
Speaker 1: Cocon really good. It's so different.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it four balls.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it four bowls.
Speaker 2: Wow, good job there, Post Consumer Brands. Yeah, you know, that's one thing that has been bothering me lately. These cereal companies. We've been doing this podcast for like four years plus already. Yeah, these cereal companies do not send us anything.
Speaker 1: Which is so crazy. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: I see all these other lesser cereal podcasts. Yeah, but they got the they got the cleats with the fruity pebbles from Nike, they get boxes of new cereals, and we get nothing.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I filled out all the questionnaires from General Mills and the Post.
Speaker 1: And yeah, why does it? Why?
Speaker 2: I don't know. You would think that we have a little bit of pull.
Speaker 1: Somebody blocking you somewhere. Are you on a cereal block?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I don't think so. But I just you would think we would have some pull. Yeah, because there are some people that listen to the show that know that we do this podcast. I don't know, maybe some PR company that's listening.
Speaker 1: And we talk about it all the time on the show, on the Big Show.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, the one thing that is good is that, you know, it's very hard when cereal companies like we could never have a serial company sponsor us because then we can't, like God forbid, you know, if our friends have three wishes every wanted to sponsor us, we couldn't say, hey, this cereals crap.
Speaker 1: Well that's how you know that it's a real you know, uh, what is it called the opinion? Yes, because they're not paying for this exactly. Yeah, so that's awesome. Although you know what I have to say, most of us on the show, if we don't like something, we're not going to advertise for that's correct. Most of them we will pass on it, and we'll pass on it and say sorry I didn't like the flavor or sorry I don't use the product or whatever. So we're pretty good at that stuff right.
Speaker 2: All right, So thank you very much Danielle for sitting in. Always appreciate it. People love you, and I love you more than we'll ever know. Please follow us on all socials at Serial Killers PC. Check out Radio Danielle Monaro on Instagram. You can hit me at Z Scotty B on Instagram. And Andrew poug I guess if you want. Even though he's not here today.
Speaker 1: He's golden. Honey, ohs might be my new favorite serial.
Speaker 2: Take him home. You can take him home, please, but we have to take our picture first then you can take them home.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's listen, it's entirely possible that we will not have a Serial Killers next Monday on New Year's Day, just because we're gonna be hungover.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to be in Nashville. Yeah, so I can't even help you out.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try, or Andrew's gonna try, but you know, we'll see. But definitely a New Bowl chat on Wednesday where our guests will be Carla, Marie and Anthony. So that will be a lot of fun. So make sure you're here for that on Wednesday. Enjoy your Christmas Day, Christmas, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, all the holidays, and until we see you next year. Say Crunch, Danielle, friend, Crunch very good.
Speaker 1: That was fun, that was Thanks for having me