Speaker 1: I am back, and I will finally give you my thoughts on all the Trump stuff, on the Fauci nonsense from today. Will Chamberlain is here. I'll the best, Stucky. What an incredible return it's going to be.
Speaker 2: And I'm right all right.
Speaker 1: Before we begin, I need to put a couple of disclaimers here. Yes, I know about all the Fauci testimony today. We're going to get to that in a couple minutes. And look, just wait on that. I'll get to that in a couple of minutes. But I was gone last week. I was on vacation. I wasn't out sick, I was fine. I was just on vacation. And of course I happen to take a vacation when boom, the Trump trial, the story of the year so far concludes and he gets found guilty, and everybody and their brothers reached out to me, every.
Speaker 2: Friend I have, every family member. What do you think? What do you think? What do you think?
Speaker 1: So let me just lay it all out there and let you know what I think about this thing. First, let me ask you something. Be honest with yourself. You'll have to be honest with me. Just be honest with yourself. When when the verdict came down guilty, all thirty four counts guilty.
Speaker 2: I know you were mad. Everyone was mad mad. Maybe you were.
Speaker 1: Apoplectic, but everyone with some degree of mad. Maybe you were sad. That was kind of more where I come from. I'll get to that in a bitt But were you shocked? That's really what I wanted to know. Were you shocked what he didn't do anither?
Speaker 2: Were you shocked?
Speaker 1: And the reason I ask it is this, If you were shocked, if it in any way stunned you, You're not stupid, you know you're not.
Speaker 2: You're none of those things. That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But if it shocked you, then mentally you're not prepared to live live in the country you live in now.
Speaker 2: And this is what I mean by that.
Speaker 1: We have major portions of this country, not the whole thing, but major parts of this country are now fully controlled by evil people who want to do you harm.
Speaker 2: They want to do the country harm.
Speaker 1: Now, maybe I just said that and you said, well, yeah, I get that, Jesse.
Speaker 2: In that case, you're right where you need to be.
Speaker 1: Maybe when I just said that these people want to do you harm, want to do the country harm. Maybe that made you, well, I don't know about that. Maybe you even thought to yourself right when I said it, Oh no, that's a little too far.
Speaker 2: No, maybe a bad apple here or there.
Speaker 3: But no.
Speaker 1: If that's how you think, then you're not ready to live in this country, and you need to get ready. There. Nobody who watches this show regularly was surprised even that much by what happened in the Trump trial. My goodness, this is from over a year ago. I came on and told you all this. Donald Trump was in very serious trouble, legal trouble, not because he did anything wrong, because we have parts of this nation now, New York City being one of those that are wholly controlled by communists at every level. Oh, Jesse, But if it goes to trial, he'll be fine. Do you have any idea the percentage of Democrats versus Republicans in Manhattan where that trial is going to be held over eighty percent Democrats.
Speaker 2: Do you know that Democrats in.
Speaker 1: This country do genuinely believe Donald Trump is Adolf Hitler.
Speaker 2: You think a jury of twelve is going to be.
Speaker 1: Made up of anyone but communists, apparatchicks who've been dying to throw Trump against.
Speaker 2: The wall forever.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump is in serious legal trouble. Told you it was coming. It's not about I told you so, why did I see that? If you saw it, why did you see it coming. Well, here's the difference between those of us who saw it coming and those who were shocked. I understand what we're dealing with. I understand and I accept who and what I'm dealing with. And unless you get to that place, you will be shocked by every new outrage. And this isn't exactly the first outrage. There's been a million, and I have news for you, it won't be the last outrage. There will be more outrageous things coming, corrupt things, evil things coming.
Speaker 2: And if you want to avoid.
Speaker 1: Being I'm shocked, I can't believe that. If you want to avoid that, then it's time to grow up and accept who and what you're dealing with. You know what, Let's let's pause on all this. Let's let's give an example of that, because it really is. It's the most critical thing in many ways in life, when you're dealing with people, when you're dealing with friends, when you're dealing with enemies, it's everything figuring out who you're dealing with, who is this person? What do they want? What are their motivations? What are they afraid of? If you can figure this out in your personal life, your business life, your political life.
Speaker 2: You will make you will have it so much easier.
Speaker 1: And if you can't figure it out, then life is going to be a constant, a never ending list of shocks for you. Shocked, stunned, outraged. I can't believe it. How could this happen? So here's a little historical example, and then we'll get back to the Trump stuff. The third of the Punic Wars, just really quickly, third of the Punic Wars. The Punic Wars were Rome versus Carthage. You know Hannibal and all that stuff. Well, Hannibal was a second Punic War, but let's talk about the third one really quickly. In the third Punic War, Rome Rome wanted to wipe out Carthage. They gave speeches about it all the time on the Senate floor. They would give speeches about how Carthage needs to be wiped out, Carthage needs to cease to exist.
Speaker 2: Carthage.
Speaker 1: This Roman senators would give up against speeches about it.
Speaker 2: So the Romans sends.
Speaker 1: Some big shots down to Carthage and they walk into Carthage. They kick in the front door and they say, hey, Carthage, we need all your money, and we need you to turn in all your weapons. You're not allowed to have weapons anymore. And we also need your children, the children of all the high society people.
Speaker 2: You have to give them to us as hostages.
Speaker 1: Now that moment was such a critical moment, such a critical moment because in that moment, Carthage had to understand what they were dealing with. If they didn't understand it, they were screwed. If they understood it, they had a chance. But Carthage, they didn't understand the Romans and what they wanted, what they really want, said, the Carthaginians handed over all their children, They handed over all their weapons, all their ships, saw their wealth, all their everything. And then they said, well, now you're going to leave us alone, right And Rome said, my goodness, know why would I do that? I have all your weapons and your children are mine too. Now you need to leave your city.
Speaker 2: And they were shocked, what we can't how could this happen? How could it happen?
Speaker 1: You didn't understand what you were dealing with? If you were shocked that Donald Trump was convicted of bogus charges in New York, you simply didn't understand Alvin Bragg. You don't understand communists. Alvin Bragg told you what he was going to do.
Speaker 2: I did my job. We did our job. Many voices out there.
Speaker 1: The only voice that matters is the voice of the jury, and the jury has spoken. He ran for office, sand he was going to do it, and then he didn't. And there's no reason to be shocked. Alvin Bragg is a committed communist. He's been put into that office in large part because of communists like George Soros who want to destroy America, destroy America's right wing.
Speaker 2: Alvin Bragg was.
Speaker 1: Elected to destroy Republicans, promised he would destroy Republicans, and he got into office and destroyed a Republican. Or is it that shocking or are we on the right just stunned by the fact that there's actually people out there who fulfill their campaign promises. I think maybe that's what gets us, that's what stuns us so much on the right.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, he's doing what he said he was gonna do.
Speaker 1: That's shocking, and the right doesn't get it. Donald Trump has been the most legally persecuted politician in American history. I think we could probably safely say that the man has been done wrong by every single level of the judicial system. Whether you're a Trump lover or a Trump hater, it's inarguable.
Speaker 2: And Trump just sat down for an interview.
Speaker 1: This is after the man was just convicted on thirty four felony accounts. He's either facing probation, house arrest or state prison in New York, and he was asked about the whole Hillary Clinton locker up thing. This is what Donald Trump said, And I think this is revealing about our mentality.
Speaker 4: You famously said regarding Hillary Clinton, locker up, you declined to do that.
Speaker 2: As president, I beat her.
Speaker 5: It's easier when you win. And they all said locker up. And I felt and I could have done it, but I felt it would have been a terrible thing. And then this happened to me, and so I may feel differently about it. I can't tell you. I can I'm not sure I can answer the question Hillary Clinton. I didn't say locker up, but the people don't say locker up.
Speaker 2: Locker up? Okay, then we won.
Speaker 5: And I's say and I said pretty openly. I said, all right, come on, just relax, let's go. We gotta make our country grade. And it would have been think of it. You lock up the wife of a president of the unications.
Speaker 6: They want to lock you up over one hundred and thirty thousand dollars accounting thing.
Speaker 5: And perfectly and a perfectly stated accounting thing. But you know, people also say, can you bring the country together? And the answer is yes, success will bring the country together because I had it together.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't come together. We're not going to come together. We are going to fight. We are going to fight now. Thankfully for the most part, it's a non violent fight. Hopefully the fight gets resolved in a non violent way. That's what I want. I hope that's what you want. But there's not going to be any coming together. Got elected last time. Hey, let's let bygones be bygones. After all, we got to get along, we got to come together. Other that's the right wing mentality. The communist takes power and he figures out how to destroy his enemies. Setting aside whatever you think about any of this, there's only one side that's going to win.
Speaker 2: If that's how we're going to play.
Speaker 1: These guys intend to use their power to utterly annihilate their political enemies, and these guys think that's really yucky, so they want to just let's not do that because it would be mean. Well, I don't care which side you think are good guys or bad guys. We don't do nursery rhyme conservatism here. Let's exist in the real world. In the real world, the guys who intend to destroy their enemies are going to win. Look, doctor FAUCHIU, you know what, Let's switch gears here. It's a great example. Doctor Fauci's in the news today because he sat in front of Congress and answered a bunch of questions. And I mean, here's a little montage what he did.
Speaker 4: The issue of the six foot distance. And I made the statement that it just appeared, and that got takes and that like, I don't know what's going on, it just appeared. It actually came from the CDC. The CDC was responsible for those kinds of guidelines to schools, not me. So when I said that it just appeared, it appeared. Was there any science behind it? What I meant by no science behind it is that there wasn't a control trial.
Speaker 7: Mass mandates for children under fire, their scientific evidence supporting that.
Speaker 4: There was no study that did masks on kids before. You couldn't do the study.
Speaker 7: Did or do the vaccines the COVID nineteen vaccines stopped anyone from getting COVID.
Speaker 4: I answered that question to the chairman. Early on it became clear that they did.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Actually no. In the beginning, it clearly prevented infection in a certain percentage of people, but the durability of its ability to prevent infection was not long.
Speaker 7: It was measured in months, and they didn't stop you from spreading it either.
Speaker 4: Early on, it did if it prevented infection. But what became clear that it did not prevent transmission when the ability to prevent infection wan.
Speaker 1: Everyone's mad today at Fauci too, ye, Fauci's liar Valuchi. This Marjorie Taylor Green was out there today saying he should go to prison.
Speaker 8: You know that what this committee should be doing. We should be recommending you to be prosecuted. We should be writing a criminal referral because you should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity. You belong in prison, doctor Fauci.
Speaker 9: Mister Chairman, I have.
Speaker 2: Okay good speech. Is he going to prison? No, it's not.
Speaker 1: This is what the right simply doesn't understand. They don't understand what we're dealing with. Therefore they don't understand how.
Speaker 2: To deal with.
Speaker 1: You're mad at that Judge Mershahn in New York, you're mad at Alvin Bragg, you're mad at doctor Fauci.
Speaker 2: And I'm mad at all these people too. We're mad, I'm mad, you're mad. Everyone's mad. Okay, But.
Speaker 1: These are not people who seek out your approval or my approval. In fact, these people hate your living guts. They think I'm the devil himself. So me expressing my disapproval of something they've done, well, it's not exactly going to cause them to lose any sleep, now would it. Who cares if your mortal enemy dislikes you. We provide these people, We give them no disincentive to stop. We've never disincentivized the evil these people do. Pointing out their evil is not a disincentive. They don't care that you're mad and I'm mad. Either these people begin getting arrested and sent to prison, or they will never stop. So there's not going to be any coming together.
Speaker 10: And yes, we should have locked Hillary Clinton up in a cage, and doctor Fauci should join her in that same cage, and Judgemarshaan and all the rest of them should be locked up and sent to prison. If that's not going to happen, then we're going to lose, and nothing's going to change. Pointing out evil, expressing disapproval, pointing out their hypocrisy does nothing to stop.
Speaker 1: To dissuade an evil person from his evil.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: We must grow some teeth or we've lost all that may have made.
Speaker 2: You uncomfortable, but I am right.
Speaker 1: We will talk to Will Chamberlain about Hunter Biden. Speaking of teeth, have you seen his anyway? We're going to talk to him about this Hunter Biden trial in just a moment before we do that. Who's your cell phone company?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Verizon AT and T T Mobile? You know these are detestable companies, right They hate you. Go look up Pride month and the names of those companies. Tell me if you're proud you fund that. My cell phone company is Pure Talk.
Speaker 2: Their CEO fought for this country, veteran. They hire Americans. Customer service. You want your bill to drop massively? My bill got cut in half.
Speaker 1: Here's what you do puretalk dot com slash JESSETV.
Speaker 2: That saves you a fortune.
Speaker 1: It's how you switch, and it saves you an extra fifty percent off your first month puretalk dot com slash jessetv. We'll be back, all right, Hunter Biden. Is he going to prison?
Speaker 2: Though? Probably not?
Speaker 1: I mean, he should looks pretty cut and dry to me, But of course he's a Democrat and we all know how that's gonna go.
Speaker 2: But maybe I'm speaking out a turn here.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about the law. Jury selection began today. Chamberlain knows all about a senior counsel for the Article three project, and my friend Will Chamberlain joins us. Now, Okay, Will, what's Hunter on trial for?
Speaker 2: And is he going to prison? Yes?
Speaker 3: I think Hunter's on trial for the two gun crimes, and he's just dead to rights on them. He's det to rights on having purchased a gun while being a user of drugs, and he's dead to rights of having lied about it on a form. So I don't see any possibility that he manages to escape criminal liability here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, it's hard to figure out exactly how many crimes this man is being prosecuted for simply because he's committed so many and recorded all of them on video and picture and put them on his laptop, which he turned into someone else. So, just to be clear, these are not the tax charges, right, this is a completely separate casement.
Speaker 2: It's hard to make sense of all this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm pretty certain it's a separate case entirely. This is just a prosecution on the gun charges, and it's pretty reasonable for them to approach it this way because the gun chargers are such a straightforward slam dunk. I mean, he admitted to being on drugs in his memoir and at the time that he purchased this gun. It's very straightforward.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Bo Biden's wife, Bo Biden's dead and Hunter Biden struck up a relationship with his dead brother's wife.
Speaker 2: Will just leave it at that. Apparently Joe Biden just met with her recently. What's going on here? Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess Joe Biden met with a person who's about to be a witness in this case. And you know, we heard so much about with potential witness tampering and the Trump case baselessly to the point of the judge in that case put a gag order on President Trump. And yet here you have the president is just blickly going to meet people who are about to be witnesses in a trial against his son. You know, in some sense, I prefer he just like, let's get rid of the charade.
Speaker 2: Just go ahead and.
Speaker 3: Pardon your son, Joe, Like we we know that's what we know, that's what's going to end up happening here. Obviously you're going to mean if anybody's gonna use the pardon however anything, you're going to pardon your son for.
Speaker 2: Crimes that he committed.
Speaker 3: But like the making a mockery of the justice system by tampering with witnesses seems you know, pretty low even for Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Is it illegal? Like is he allowed to do this?
Speaker 3: I mean, theoretically he could just meet with the person and not discuss anything trial related, and I think that would not be a crime. And that said, it it looks really bad, And if there was ever any evidence that some testimony changed as a result, that would be bad. That said, I, you know, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in the sense that I can't suspect that that you know this person's testimony is going to be particularly important, like all that, you know, it's not the condition of Hunter Biden is not going to rely on what anybody else says. It's going to rely on literally Hunter Biden's own statements he made.
Speaker 2: In writing Okay, let's move on to the Trump situation.
Speaker 1: Will I've seen a million different legal opinions on what happens from here, probation, house arrest, Is he going to Rikers Island?
Speaker 2: What's going to happen to Donald Trump? And when from here?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a range of possibilities. Jail is not out of the question, it's just not you know, under normal circumstances in a trial like this one, jail would be unlikely for two reasons. First, you know, his lack of a criminal history would suggest that probation is the more likely sentenced. And then second, because there are so many different novel appellate issues that are what's called colorable, meaning like you know, not frivolous, serious appellate issues, Judges would be loath to send a defendant to jail if there's a what they think is a serious chance that there the conviction will be reversed and they'll get out right, because that's that's not just embarrassing for the judge, but it's all so bad for the state because the state would then have to compensate the criminal defendant for being wrongfully imprisoned. So normally you wouldn't see an imprisonment in the circumstances. But there's nothing normal about this prosecution. There's been nothing normal about it. I mean, the guy donated to Joe Biden. Judges don't donate to political campaigns. There are codes of ethics that were hibb him from doing so. This guy even though it was a small donation. But the thing about it is, what's the point of a judge making attend to ordination. It's not going to swing the election. It's to signal that he's on the team. It's to signal that he's on team Progressive. And then you wonder why this guy seems to keep getting trials that involve Trump or Trump allies. Gee, I wonder maybe it's because he raised his hand and said, oh, yeah, I really like Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: You should put me in charge of prosecuting Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, can you explain, because you mentioned the appeals process and we're seeing a lot about that. Now he's going to appeal. He's appealed, But how does that work a timeline wise? Is Donald Trump could potentially spend election day in prison? Does the appeal process stop that? How does this work?
Speaker 2: Possibly?
Speaker 3: So you know, the judge will have to, you know, decide on what the sentence is and then decide whether to kind of hold it in abeyance, right, so you know, if that's that's what they would normally do, if they thought there was a serious appeal, they wouldn't. They'd say, Okay, your sentence is a year in jail. But we're not gonna We're not going to order you to jail right yet. We're going to wait for the appeals to resolve, and then in the event that you fail on your appeals, then we will bring you back here and put send you order you to report to jail. Now again, that that would be the normal way this would occur, but I don't expect you know, judges also have the discretion to just go ahead and order you to jail right away and revoke your bail. Like once you're a convicted felon, you're sort of your your personal liberty pre sentence, pre serving your sentence is very much at the discretion of the judge. So it's not like it's not like there's a legal requirement that Donald Trump be.
Speaker 2: Out of jail.
Speaker 3: It relies on a judge's discretion, and this judge has abused a discretion at every turn.
Speaker 1: Gosh, well, thank you so much, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll dig into this a little bit more with Ali Beth Stucky. It's a little bit more depth. Nets before we get to that. Let's do this. Let's get you out of that time share you think you're stuck in. Lone Star Transfer will.
Speaker 2: Get you out of it.
Speaker 1: These timeshare companies they lock you into these time shares. They don't really advertise that when they're selling.
Speaker 2: It to you.
Speaker 1: You think you can get out when you're done with it. Of course, Oh we used it for some years.
Speaker 2: We're done with it.
Speaker 1: And then they tell you no, it's a lifelong commitment. Like you're married to the thing. You're not married to it. Lone Star Transfer will get you out. They will legally and permanently get you out. They guarantee it, and they guarantee it in writing. Make a phone call, one phone call and let them, set you free four four three one zero two six four six, we'll be back. Well, I don't want to distract anybody from the big, flashy, sexy political stories that are out there. Obviously we are going to talk about those, and we have talked about those. But normal people matter as much as famous people. You know, law errors on everyone's mind now because Trump just got convicted of thirty four felonies, which yes, our bogus. But normal people who aren't famous, they're never going to be president. Their lives matter just as much, and they're being destroyed. A seventy five year old woman was just sentenced to two years in the clink by Biden's the OJ and man, what a.
Speaker 2: Country we have? Now?
Speaker 1: Joining me now, Ali Bethstucky, host of Relatable and by the way, she's hosting an event called Share the Air, which we will talk about a little later on.
Speaker 2: Ali, give us an update. What is this?
Speaker 1: Why are we sending a senior citizen woman to prison?
Speaker 3: What you do?
Speaker 6: Right from what I can gather, she was simply praying outside of an abortion clinic. She was praying outside of an abortion clinic. She wasn't harassing people, she wasn't pushing people down. She didn't assault anyone. She was praying outside of an abortion clinic. And you know she has fragile health, as many seventy five year olds do, but her health is particularly unstable, and her husband just begged for mercy from this judge, saying, I'm afraid that she is going to die. That picture of them right there, I'm afraid that she is going to die in prison. And the judge mocked this woman and said, oh, well, since she's pro life, and she should work really hard at trying to stay alive. So that is how our justice system treats, as you said, the average individual, the powerless person who dares stand against the murder of baby.
Speaker 2: Ali.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I talk about this a lot, and a lot of people get mad that we have a new religion in this country.
Speaker 2: We really, genuinely do.
Speaker 1: You can tell a country's religion because you can see it woven into everything. If I go to Saudi Arabia and I turn on the television, I will see references to Islam. If I walk in businesses, I'll see references to Islam. If I do whatever, I will see Islamic references. It's reflected in their laws. It's reflected in their government. It's everything. If I go to Israel, it'll be Judaism. Here in the United States of America, we like to consider ourselves a Christian nation because we were founded by Christians. We're not a Christian nation any longer. Go turn on your television set or tune into the movies.
Speaker 2: We're a gay country.
Speaker 6: That's our religion, now, right, yep, you are absolutely right. We are a country that worshiped at the altar of basically the God of Self. Like if you want to create an umbrella for the religious ideology that we follow, because LGBTQ calls under it, but so does abortion, and it might seem like those two things are totally unrelated, but they're not. They're the worship of the God of Self. They are the worship of your own feelings, your own desires, and your own whims. And when that is what matters most, then you will sacrifice anything, including the lives of babies, on that altar. You will sacrifice your own body. That's, of course, what we're seeing when we see the so called gender ideology that justifies the butchering of the bodies of children in the name of trying to change to the opposite sex. That is worshiping the cruel god of self. That is the religion, that is the dogma of the United States, and it manifests itself in very bloodthirsty and sexually depraved ways.
Speaker 1: I saw an article USA today that there's a lot fewer, a lot fewer.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's not good.
Speaker 1: English, but I'm white trash and what's the community college anyway? There's less pride stuff out there, apparently from corporations this year, and that is because corporations are afraid of backlash.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to call a loss or less of a loss.
Speaker 1: A win, but are we gaining ground on this front with all the corporate rainbow filth.
Speaker 6: Look, I wouldn't say that we have won the battle, or that we've even come close to winning the battle. But I'm encouraged by this, even if it's just a little bit. The fact that there was any backlash, that there was any pushback, and that these corporations responded at all, it's pretty incredible. Rather than only doubling down and saying, you know what, I don't care what you say, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, we are going to double the chest binders in the packing bathing suits that we're going to sell at Target this year. The fact that they're dialing back, even if it's regional, even if it's just a little bit, I do see as a positive sign. Now, don't let this conservatives make you comfortable. Don't say Okay, well you've given in and now I'm going to go back to Target this June. I've gone three years without Target, and I'm going strong. It is totally possible. Continue to send the message and say no until you are done with this stuff completely.
Speaker 2: You do not get my business.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got to develop a killer mentality. Speaking of needing to develop a different mentality, where's the church?
Speaker 2: Ali?
Speaker 1: And I'm not indicting every church in this country by any means, but I personally have had to leave more than one because of this mellly mouth crap you hear from the pulpit out there.
Speaker 2: What would just love and the stones and love?
Speaker 1: And we have this hippie Jesus who apparently never stood for anything and certainly never got mad or called anybody names. I don't know what Bible this guy's supposedly from, But what happened to the American church?
Speaker 2: And when did it? Lose its balls, right.
Speaker 6: Well, unfortunately, this is even true among churches that call themselves conservative Christian churches, maybe churches that aren't fully pro LGBTQ. They say that they are on the Conserva five side of things, but they just won't.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 6: They won't talk about it. They will maybe kind of pay homage to BLM in the name of social justice, but they won't talk about all of the other controversial stuff because it's too divisive and too political. But for the Christian these are not primarily political issues, the primarily biblical issues.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 6: Genis is one issues, and Genesis is one we see the definition of gender, of marriage, of the family, the value of human life because we're made in God's image. So if you have a pastor who, because they're afraid of offending people, won't even preach the first chapter of the First Book of the Bible because they're afraid it's too political, then that's not a pastor. That's a coward, and a coward is not a good shepherd of the flock.
Speaker 1: Tell me about share the arrows? Do I have to take arrows with you?
Speaker 9: Ali?
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound like fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, it's not really fun. But we're not living in an age where it's fun to be a Christian, a Christian that really cares about Christian theology and stands up for it in the public fear there are arrows headed our way. And I think you talked about this a lot. The natural propensity for all of us when we see someone standing up for something that we believe in, but they're getting bullied for it, they're getting fired for it, they're getting reamed for it publicly, they're getting dragged whatever. The natural tendency is to say, oh, I'm glad that's not me. I've learned my lesson. Now I'm not going to pray outside of the clinic. Now I'm not going to resist the LGBTQ lobby, whatever it is. Rather than doing that towering in the corner, we should be standing off and saying, no, you know what, what are our arrows you are launching at that person than of my way too. I'll take them too. And that's not without consequence, that's not without danger, but it is the only way to push back. It is the only way to inspire courage, courage beget courage. Courage is contagious, and when we all stand up together. I'm not saying that we have the power to change the trajectory of the country. I hope we do. Maybe not, but at the very least, we can remind each other that we are on the right side, that we are on the side of truth, and we can keep each other sane. That's what this event is about. Share the arrows in Dallas, Texas on September twenty eighth. We've got Rosario Butterfield, Lisa Childers, Abby Halberstadt for just about a steally, I will be speaking too. You'll be coming together with thousands of like minded women to be equipped and empowered to face the craziness and the chaos of our age.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: That's quite a lot of If I wasn't a dude, I would show up with that anyway. Ali appreciate you as always. All Right, we've got Doug Brunt. Talk a little history with Doug. Is Megan Kelly's husband. Before we get to Doug, let's talk about your coffee. I want you to drink better coffee. I'm not insulting the quality of your cup of coffee, but the coffee company itself. Look, you want an eye opener. Where do you get your coffee. Go look up the name of that company in Pride month.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you see on that.
Speaker 1: I can look up Blackout Coffee all day long. You know what I see? References to God, country life dons. Blackout Coffee shares and promotes my values, and they deliver me the best coffee I've ever tasted in my life.
Speaker 2: There's only one place I'll go.
Speaker 1: Blackoutcoffee dot com slash Jesse saves you twenty percent off your first order two, So go get some.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back.
Speaker 9: There's wrongdoing here, right, There was definitely wrongdoing. Whether it should have been a crime. As a separate what's the wrongdoing? What's the wrongdoing?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 9: It's paying one hundred and thirty thousand dollars to a porn star to keep her quiet. That's work to try to protect your campaign. Can we at least agree that's wrong? That's not illegal when you're doing it to protect the campaign and you are spending money on it. It then now I'm going to switch back to the legal You are now crossing the line into legal problems, right aren't.
Speaker 11: That's no, absolutely not right, incorrect at every level. There's nothing illegal about paying hush money for an NDA, it's done.
Speaker 9: There's when you're doing it to protect your campaign.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 9: That's the difference.
Speaker 1: But what law?
Speaker 9: What law are you citing? Dan Camp and finance laws? You're not allowed to.
Speaker 11: You don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: What you're wrong.
Speaker 9: Explain to me, tell me what I'm.
Speaker 11: Going to.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 11: Because you're saying that there are limits to the campaign contribution somebody could make and this is exceeded them and then they hit it. I understand that's his theory. However, this has been wrong from the start. It does not amount to a campaign contribution if it is the kind of payment that could ever be made outside of the campaign standard.
Speaker 9: The standard is substantiality. It's not yes, it you wrong?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I guess we're gonna do agree.
Speaker 11: There's been Supreme Court president on this.
Speaker 9: Court that the standard of substantiality.
Speaker 1: All right, joining me now, Meghan Kelly's husband. He wrote the coolest freaking book that me and my wife enjoy, the mysterious case of Rudolph Diesel, which I will get to in a little bit. But Doug Brunt joins me. Now, okay, Doug, look, far be it from me to get involved in anyone's marriage or anything like that. But I just have to say I love Meghan and I hate Dan Abrams, and I found myself feeling bad for him there.
Speaker 2: What's it like to argue with your wife? Do you have to do?
Speaker 1: You take extra prep time? I would take a lot of prep time if that was me.
Speaker 12: You know, it's so funny. She was just telling this story the other night. So we actually don't fight that much. We see things pretty much. I to eye on the kids and other things. But about a year ago, we had a low out fight and I was in bed and it was like bedtime. We were going to bed, but it wasn't happening. We're having a huge blowout. And I made one comment too many and she went into two middle fingers raised, sort of shaking him back and forth, deep knee bend, and I realized and I pointed like, oh, you know, in the midst of this huge fight. The whole scene was so funny to me, I go double barrel. We're in new territory here, so normally my strategy is just sort of you know, opening position and run for the hills, because the more you engage it never it never goes my way.
Speaker 1: You want to do it more of a World War One strategy where you just dig into your trench and kind of stay there.
Speaker 2: And that Actually, how about.
Speaker 1: That segue, Doug that leads me to your book, which I want to get to before I get to anything else.
Speaker 2: Rudolph Diesel.
Speaker 1: People they have heard of Diesel, right, but they have never heard of Rudolph unless they're talking about the reindeer.
Speaker 2: Will you explain just a bit about this book.
Speaker 1: It's hard to find a book that I and my wife both enjoy.
Speaker 12: It has elements of everything. It's sort of a biography and a nineteenth century primer. But it also turns into this Agatha Christie mystery at the end because in nineteen thirteen, right before World War One, Rudolph Diesel disappeared and at the time he was a huge celebrity, like the Elon Musk of the day. And when he disappeared off this passenger ship in the North Sea, people thought he might have been murdered, either by Rockefeller or by Kaiser Wilhelm, the Emperor of Germany. And there's a whole mystery around it because diesel technology was just emerging, I mean even still today, it's the primary power source for the world. It completely powers the global economy to this day, but one hundred years ago is just emerging. It was the only option for submarines and U boats. Every navy in Europe was scrambling for diesel power to establish their submarine and U boat program. So that's why he was sought after by all the governments of Europe. But it also could run on a range of fuels, including nut oil or coal tar, and that's actually true to this day. It's very flexible with regard to fuels. So he disappears, and it's a huge mystery that I saw of in the book.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to ask you to give it away. People can go get it. Highly recommend you get it. But along those lines, we're told so many lies by history books. I'm sure the more I'm sure you are a historian, or at least a history fan. I'm a history fan, and it blows me away, dog, how many different I'll read five different sources and have five different versions of the exact same event, with five different sets of facts, for dates, for names, for this or that. It makes me question everything. I look at all this Trump trial nonsense and I think, what are the history books going to write? It feels like we've always been lied to about everything.
Speaker 2: Is that too extreme?
Speaker 12: It's always been there. There's always been part is in coverage in newspapers. Even in the events surrounding Diesel's disappearance in the weeks after, there was all sorts of conflicting reporting in the newspapers, you know, and as history gets it, you know, as the saying goes what you and Meghan and Dan Abrams are doing, you're writing the first draft of history. There's a lot of conflicting reporting there. And I think in the same way that consume of news today need to go to multiple sources. You know, you need to listen to Jesse Kelly and Megan Kelly and the Daily from the New York Times as you cover history. If you want to learn about World War One, you should read Barbara Tuckman, who's a little more Allied friendly. And then there's another terrific book by Christopher Clark called Sleepwalkers, which has a little bit more of a of a German perspective of how things got started and went down. So it's always good to multi source, whether it's today's news or history.
Speaker 1: Doug I want to focus on the history aspect of this because this is one of the things that drives me crazy trying to find something modern historically that's not completely twisted twisted up as being anti West, anti American, and they're out there Hampton Sides read some great things, but look, you downloaded some random history podcast, you'll be ten minutes into it and learn just how bad America sucks. So if you're a parent and you want to learn more about history, you want your kids to learn more about history, where do you send them? You guys, have you have kids, what do you do? What do you tell them? Where do you send them?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 12: Right now, we actually had to switch schools for some of this because when our kids were, you know, second grade, they were doing an American Revolution project and they didn't know George.
Speaker 2: They knew the names of fifteen slaves.
Speaker 12: They're sort of doing it from that perspective, but it was their first go at learning the American Revolution and they didn't know after two months who George Washington was. They were learning everything else, and that school has actually sort of walked back a lot of it's curriculum that went way way out there. But it is scary but I'll tell you that there's one podcast that I love that covers many topics. Dan Carlin does a great job. He has this one podcast called Hardcore History. Our kids were learning about the ancient world and Persia and Greece and you know, the Trojan War, and so that would be one recommendation. But you do have as a parent, you've got to get involved. You know, these schools they want to set up sort of a wall between parental involvement. You know, whether it is regarding gender history or the curriculum. There's no sort of handshake between the parents and the schools. They want to take your kids and once they get in the school building, they've got them and they don't really want any parental involvement or you know, there's no way for the parents to sort of get in there and watch what's actually happening. But I think as a parent, you have to you have to make that happen.
Speaker 2: No, you do tell me about your podcast. Well, I have a podcast called Dedicated.
Speaker 12: Years ago, I started a book group for myself and other authors and we would pick a book and have a bunch of drinks and then discussed the book. And in the group was Harlan Coben and Nelson de Mill and Lee Child and Aymore Tols and a bunch of really great writers. And I was talking to some folks at Serious XM about it and they said, this is a show. You should do this, And so that's basically what I do. I have on terrific Writers. We start each episode with their favorite drink, so we've made Martinis and Manhattan's and Jack Carr we were just sipping bourbon, and then we talk about their lifestyle, though it's not really about the latest book. It's more about how they approached the lifestyle and how they approached their work and things they do when they're not writing, and how they got started and what it was like when nobody knew who they were. And so for anyone who has a writer they like, I've now done more than seventy shows, you'll probably find the writer on the library of episodes, and you'll really it's a great way to get to know the person.
Speaker 2: Doug.
Speaker 1: I wish more people just wrap this up here. I wish more people.
Speaker 2: Knew more about World War One.
Speaker 1: I understand why it got overshadowed, because in virtually every way, the second one was more terrible, more widespread.
Speaker 2: But man World War one was just.
Speaker 1: Butchery, unlike anything the world had ever seen on that scale.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and it really changed the way the world lived. Think about the number of empires that crumbled as a result of World War One. There was the Ottoman Empire, the Russian Empire, the German Empire, the Austria Hungary Empire. All of that went away, and the way people lived in Europe and the world really changed. It was a hinge point in history that that showed down to Abbey actually gets pretty well. We went from this feudal lifestyle and the Industrial Revolution was happening already, so people were moving to more urban centers and the economy was becoming more centralized. But World War One really accelerated that and changed the way people lived throughout Europe. And to your point, World War Two happened so much, so quickly on the heels of it that just as we are digesting this crazy calamity that really had no guiding principle to it. You know, when World War One ended, everyone looked around like, why the hell did we just do that? Was it a bunch of you know, petty rivalries between these monarchs who were cousins. You know, a number of the Russian Emperor, the German Emperor, and the King of England. They were all cousins, you know, and so it all they ended up fighting each other or with each other, and there was very little sort of guiding principle behind why it even happened. And just as we're trying to digest all that, as you say, world War two breaks out, So as a matter of covering it, historically it really was sort of paved over. And so I think there's a lot of unexplored history in there for people to examine and talk about.
Speaker 2: I agree, Doug, Thank you brother, come back soon.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. All right, don't don't, don't go anywhere. We have a great light in the mood for you next. All right, it is time to lighten the mood. And history is full of iconic duos who have changed the planet.
Speaker 2: It is full of it, Lewis.
Speaker 1: And Clark, Tom and Jerry Abbott and Costello, and so we thought to lighten the mood, we should honor what is probably going to be the next dual headed juggernaut that changes everything.
Speaker 12: This looks like a regular crunch rap, right, Oh, it's not that is a cheese it inside sixteen times the size of a regular cheese it.
Speaker 8: I present to you the cheese It crunch rack.
Speaker 2: I know where I'm going for dinner. I'll see it them all