Speaker 1: Good morning, keeps, and welcome to will Kate f Daily with Meet your Girl. Daniel Moody recording from the Home Bunker. Folks, I'm not going to sugarcoat I am struggling, as I know that many of you are struggling right now. I am struggling to make sense of nonsense. I am struggling to find the energy to overcome the considerable amount of death, destruction, despair, genocide, hopelessness, depravity that we are consuming daily. I put out a couple of TikTok videos this week for the first of the new year, because honestly, I haven't had the energy. I haven't had the energy to be angry, because a kind of numbness has washed over me following the holidays. As many of you know, I lost a very dear friend at the end of last year, and so I have been challenged in terms of reconciling with that reality. At the same time also trying to reconcile with the reality that there are a considerable amount of human beings that are absolutely fucking depraved, that lack no moral compass, no sense of humanity, of our shared humanity, that are literally cheering and applauding death. You know, I say this often because you know, as the years progressed, you can't help but reflect right on where you've come, how much you've learned, god willing, how much you've changed. And you know, I can remember so clearly sitting in my middle school auditorium where we were all gathered I want to say it was either seventh or eighth grade or so to watch Shindler's List, because it was that time where we were learning about World War Two. And you know, Shindler's List is like one of those films that you really only need to see one time. Right, It is heartbreaking, it is devastating, and then when you learn as a young person that this is not fiction, right, this happened, it becomes really hard to digest. Because you're taught, right, at least most of us, right from wrong, you know, good from bad, nice from evil, so on and so forth, and so I can remember, you know that there was always something about World War Two and the Holocaust that stuck with me more so than any of the other wars that I would learn about. And you know, Vietnam I would really come to a clearer understanding much later in life, and thankfully, as my sister would live there for over a decade to be able to see history through somebody else's lens, right, other than what we're fed in the United States.
Speaker 2: But the Holocaust and.
Speaker 1: Going to the Holocaust Museum, understanding that the world sat by as six million people were savagely brutally murdered, and I couldn't understand how that could be. And it was similarly with slavery and white people buying human beings that walk, that talk, that speak, that have brains, that have babies, that have feelings, and literally on your way to go buy a new pat or pick up a carton of eggs that you're walking past, human beings that are naked put up on butcher blocks for you to choose from. I don't understand the depravity that human beings are capable of. It is so I realize why I feel so destabilized right now. I'm both managing personal grief and loss, yes, while managing collective grief and loss. We've learned nothing, and it's not even the fault right of us, mere citizens, mere mortals inside of this matrix of greed and capitalism and imperialism and extraction and patriarchy, because we haven't been given the full story. The wall was put over our eyes to hold up America as some type of beacon. Bring me, you're tired, you're and you're poor. Unless they are brown, unless they are black, unless they don't assimilate, unless we don't see.
Speaker 2: Them as human.
Speaker 1: Everything about this country, and frankly, global imperialism has a fucking asterisk. And it's like the more that I learn, the more that I have access to, the more destabilized I feel. The fact is that the maga supremacist neo fascist movement wants us stabilized in their life, talked quietly and obediently, in their matrix of white supremacy. Where we are right now, is that not only by virtue of watching a genocide take place in real time inside of Gaza at the hands of Israel forces, is that the world is collectively waking up and saying, wait a minute, how.
Speaker 2: Fucking long has this been going on? Wait a minute, who's been funding this? I thought it was a democracy.
Speaker 1: This doesn't look like any democracy I know, but it looks like something eerily from familiar. You can't uphold the idea of courageous, brave men and women fighting for democracy at home and abroad and see videos and images like what is coming out of Gaza. You can uphold and say, oh, but Netanyahu is our friend, but Putin is our enemy. But they both doing the same fucking thing. So how we reconcile this upside down, broken, wide open reality that we are in right now is destabilizing because right and wrong we were taught should be very clear, banning books wrong, denying people housing wrong. But as it turns out, we've been living in a state of gray. Our tax dollars use to fund all types of genocides, all types of war. We wonder why the world is so unstable right now, Well, let's look at all of the unnecessary interventions that the United States and the United Kingdom and others have done in regions in order to extract uranium, diamonds, oil. Who gives a fuck about the people on top of the land. We'll just put people in power, like we're playing one big global game of monopoly. Who will do our bidding? Well, folks, why are we in the place that we're in right now? Because the chickens have come home to roost? Because these white men, greedy, wealthy, powerful white men can't run from the lie fast enough anymore. Right, everything's been broken open. Sure, there is a lot of misinformation out there, but folks, there's a lot of fucking information out there too.
Speaker 2: So if we want to know, you can know.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody stopping you, not here, not on this great Internet right now. But I tell you that if the neo fascist Maga supremacy have their way, not only are they controlling your uteruses, they're controlling your access to every kind of information. Where the United States will look like China as it pertains to what you can know and not know, it will look like the thought police in nineteen eighty four. We are in the midst of an extraordinarily chaotic reckoning, and we have to decide who we are going to be on the other side today. You're gonna hear me in my interview with Jonathan I am exhausted when we tape this. I'm exhausted. I was feeling hopeless and frustrated.
Speaker 2: I've rested since.
Speaker 1: But I play this for you because I want you to know that I too, vacillate greatly between the energy that I have to mount a resistance to change, how I resist and how I show up and some days, I don't want to show up at all. But the fact is that what we are seeing right now has been going on for a millennia. The question is whether or not we want to be a part of creating the breaking open of the transparency, of the authenticity, of the honesty, so that we can help the next generations create something better than the shit that we are in right now. But I urge every one of us to start asking questions of ourselves about what we thought was true and what actually is, to educate ourselves to expand beyond what is, because what is was created for the benefit of a small group of people, a couple of countries that then get it, got to dictate to everyone else. Everything is changing, everything is upside down, But the fact is it has never been really right side up. We're just now tilting our heads, rubbing our eyes and seeing things clearer than we ever have before. Information education is power. What we do with it is going to determine who we become, not just ten months from now with our election, but collectively as humanity. Coming up next, my conversation with our friend, our in house doctor, doctor Jonathan Metzel.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: Whenever we have the opportunity each week to sit down with our in house doctor who now I'm just going to start asking for medication from uh.
Speaker 2: Doctor Jonathan Metzel.
Speaker 1: I am always so please, and Jonathan, Iowa caucuses have happened, Uh, Donald Trump head and shoulders above the rest of the Republican clown car with fifty one percent of the vote coming in second a scant second Rond De Santis and then Nikki Haley. But Jonathan, let me tell you that I was watching interviews that MSNBC was doing with folks on the ground in Iowa, and this one gentleman, a whitey self avowed white evangelical Christian, said that, you know, God uses interesting tools in order to get his message and point across, and Donald Trump is that interesting tool. But he is with him all the way. Donald Trump left Iowa and is now a courtroom in New York City while we record this for defamation of the woman that he was found guilty of raping, Egene Carroll.
Speaker 2: And I am just I'm at a loss.
Speaker 1: And I basically put up a tweet and said, wake me up in like mid November when this election will be decided and Donald Trump will become president again. Because that's what these people want, that's what America wants, and so I don't know what we're doing anymore.
Speaker 3: So please, well, I'm glad we're having this conversation, and let's have it, even if it means keeping you awake until November. Please, because it's so important. So I'll say my main thought was that I'm not surprised because I'm in Tennessee. I'm in a red state, and my I guess my frustration. I don't mean to say this to disparage anybody in any way, but if you live in a blue state or you just watch MSNBC, you can't imagine why one person would vote for Trump, right because MSNBC, I mean it's great, like I love MSNBC, but it's been like NonStop coverage of the legal troubles and you know, they call him the twice in peach, ninety seven times indicted former, blah blah blah, and all this kind of stuff, Like it's just like, why in the world would anybody vote for this guy? And so what you get on MSNBC or from you know, liberal Twitter and stuff like that, even after Iowa last night, was all of that stuff. But you don't understand I think fully how deep the bond is between Trump and his voters. You don't understand totally. I mean maybe legally is a way, but you don't understand like what would it mean to beat Trump? Or what's blah blah blah, you know that kind of stuff like you get. So I just think that there's been an echo chamber for Democrats that I hope was shattered last night, which was why in the world would anybody vote for this guy? Or I think there was kind of a subconscious fantasy that the GOP was going to implode, like this guy's not electable. Well, hey, guess what. This guy's really electable. You know, he's really charismatic, he's really grievance oriented and more than anything else. And you see this if you're in the South. He's promising something to his voters. He's promising them power, right, which is like Spanish fly for long aggrieved conservatives who you know, they're not really that agrieved, but that's their narrative. And so he's promising them power. He's saying, elect me, and I'm going to have power for me and power for you. And you feel it if you're down here in a red state, and you just don't get that sense. You know, if you're in a liberal information network, it's all like Trump's in court and Trump is this, and Trump is indicted, and Trump's impeached. But you don't see a point that I think other people who study fascism, like Jason Stanley, for example, I've been making very well, which is all this stuff about Trump being a criminal and blah blah blah, it doesn't it doesn't speak to the power of Trump, and it's really powerful. Right, you actually need to bring your a game right now to beat Trump. I mean, I think that's kind of it. And so Trump is promising power, which is the message that people down here want to hear. And they're not going to be convinced like all this moralizing about his being a rapist which he is, and indicted which he is, and impeach rec is all that kind of stuff. It's just it's not like you're going to shake people's faith in that. Right. Trump is the nominee, and he's more powerful now than he was when he left office, and he's more powerful than he was before. So what's your strategy? Right, what's your strategy? And the question then becomes what is Biden promising Not so much like something abstract, but like, what's the offensive message? What's Brden promising his voters that counters that message that enables his coalition? And I just think the other guy sucks is not a strong enough offensive message. That's my personal feeling, like you actually have to promise something tactile to your base that mobilizes your base, and in a way, that's what you see Trump doing now. And so I hope last night was a wake up call. There's plenty of time to write the ship. But Biden or whoever, I just think saving democracy is a really abstract concept when you're facing an organized, unified, energized opponent that is promising something tactile to people.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing, And I agree with everything, everything that you're saying, and I don't think that I will ever understand one. I live in a blue state too, because of the news that I watched, But three because I just I think that I don't care to understand white grievance, and I think that that is that's my issue. I don't care, And frankly, I have come to a place and this is where I hope that a majority of Democrats didn't wake up this week too, because I don't think that it's going to be helpful. But I offer it at this moment because I know that I'm not alone. I'm over it, right, Like, I don't know, I honestly, Jonathan, I don't know what the message is that Biden can offer.
Speaker 2: I have no.
Speaker 1: Idea Because if a man that has been found guilty of rape, that has stolen things from this country, that has enriched himself, that has done all of these things that we know to be true, that I still have to mount a you know, a herculean effort in order to defeat I'm like, fuck it, let them have the country, you know what I'm saying. Like That's how I woke up today, where I'm just like, so, what are we doing for the next ten months?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like are we who are we trying to convince? Because I can't convince people who literally said on television on camera that they believe that Donald Trump is being used by God, right Like I cannot convince people who believe that Donald Trump has been said by Jesus Christ in order to right America's wrongs. So I'm at a loss.
Speaker 3: I mean, those are the people who get on social media. Those are the people who get on If you just say, I'm a college educated voter and Trump is going to restore power, he's going to improve the economy. You don't get on social media. But a lot of college educated people are becoming Trump supporters, right, And so it's bigger than the honestly lunatics who get on the media.
Speaker 1: I'm not even saying that they're crazy.
Speaker 3: No, But the thing is, you know, Democrats have a bigger coalition. Democrats could easily beat Trump. It's not even close. Democrats could easily beat Trump with the coalition that they have. It just means pulling together that coalition, like Democrats beat Trump last time using that coalition. So if the Democratic coalition shows up, this is not going to be a contest. But I would also say, I mean, I've been saying this on your show for three years now, that Democrats fall into a trap of I mean, think about it from the perspective of the South, Like the main trauma in this part of the country is not I mean, I hate to say this, but this is what I researched. It's not slavery, it's not anti semitism, it's not related to gender. It's like losing the Civil War. And so Trump is promising to like a certain segment of the population that we're going to relitigate the Civil War. And I've been trying to say this for years, and like my book was going to be called How We Lost, it was going to be called The War of Southern Aggression. I got rejected by thirty publishers because everybody was like, nah, nah, that's not how it works. But that is what Trump is tapping into, which is re litigating the Civil War in a way that has great implications, if for the South, and really catastrophic implications for Blue states. Honestly, if you think Trump is voison a vengeance against places like New York in his last presidency, like they, I mean, what's happening with like the buses of immigrants and all this kind of stuff, It's it's just a warm up for this idea of kind of refighting the Civil War in a way that the South will rise again and stuff like that, which sounds like a trope, but I can just say that's what he's that's what he's tapping into, and so Democrats can, honestly, democrats can beat that with their coalition. Right, they have a very broad coalition, They have labor, they have all these different constituencies, they have people in many places. And the presidential election also comes down to just a number of states. Right, Blue states are blue, Red states are rat and red. Mobilize that coalition. But the problem with the Democrats right now is, as you're suggesting, there's no kind of energy around the message. And so that's what needs to change, like yesterday, last night, this morning, that needs to change. What's the energy around the around the message? Right, Democrats are promising a better deal for a lot of people, but it's going to take like a mobilizing mobilizing that message. And that's honestly what needs to happen right right right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, look.
Speaker 1: Again, I go back to saying, I don't know how you combat the South will rise again. I don't know how you combat, Like my vengeance is your vengeance, and I'm going to restore white power to America.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think that the coalition that came out for Biden, and mind you, I just want people to understand and I think people who listen to WOKF know this. That coalition didn't come out for Biden. They came out for themselves. No one put in a fucking vote for Joe Biden in twenty twenty because they love Joe Biden, not a fucking person. And this is the problem that we are up against, is that we don't have an Obama, we don't have a Clinton. We don't have somebody who like who people actually love and come hell or high water, will do what is necessary to get done. What you have is somebody that most people don't really like, not because like he's a bad person, right well, to some extent at this point, a lot of people actually do think that he's a bad person, but because they think that he's old, because he's a relic of the past, because he's just not an energizer. And so when you look at that up against people where Donald Trump told people in Iowa, go ahead, I know it's forty one degrees below, but if you die, you know at least you will have done something worth doing. And they cheered at that.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, so, so.
Speaker 1: We're combating a mindset that is so resolute in their commitment to Donald Trump and their commitment to white power and the South Rising again, I don't under I don't really see here, which and mind you, before Israel and Gaza, I would have told you that Biden needed to go into freedoms and rights and democracy and but more so not even democracy, but rights right because that's what people understand. People understand when their rights are taken away, when their rights are limited. They get that. They understand. I was able to get an abortion one day, Now I'm not. I was able to vote one day, now I'm not. This coalition is so distraught for so many different reasons. For the older people, young people, they're all coming to the table with different grievances that they're laying at the feet of this administration, and because they're not coalesced around a man that they love. This is the problem, is that we're battling with real resolute emotion and we're trying to match it with stats and figures and facts, which is what you and I talk about all the time. That just doesn't it's not going to meet people in the same way.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what I've, as you know, been saying for some time that you know, there were facts that led to Biden's election in twenty twenty that we misread and renominating Biden. I still feel that way, right, I mean, remember Trump mishandled the pandemic. He debated sweating while he had COVID, Like, there are all these things that just aren't going to replace them replay themselves. So I, as you know, I've thought this was a misread for a long time now. That being said, you know that old joke about like the psychiatrist and the light bulb, and it's like when the light bulb really wants to change, that's when they changed a lot. Yes, and so the thing is like, again, the Democrats can easily win this election if they're scared enough about the alternative and they feel like there's enough in it for them, if Biden wins and so and so it's not like it's helpless. Right. The thing that is should not be surprising anybody is that Trump supporters haven't changed. They've been exactly while we've all been watching MSNBC. They've felt exactly this way.
Speaker 2: Every day for eight years, for eight years, and.
Speaker 3: So it shouldn't be a surprise. It's just that we've been watching MSNBC with like the impeachment trial and blah blah, da da da dah. But the thing is they have never changed, right, they have never changed, and so in a way, I just don't think that should be a surprise to anyone. And the question is what's the strategy for beating that, because if you join together, you can easily beat that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It's not like the people you're talking about are the majority by any stretch in the country. They're just right now much more motivated. And so this I don't know. To me, hopefully, this is a terrifying wake up call where we hit rock bottom. We all started, you know, drinking heavily, and then we got up and we started crafting a message that is a unifying messag because that's really that's the only thing that really matters right now. And you've said that yourself, right, I know, this morning's a hard morning, but think about it, nothing really has changed. Rightangelical and conservative and now college educated white voters in a place like Iowa have overwhelming Like it was a fantasy, Like people have been dilly dillying thinking that Nikki Haley's going to convince people and thinking that blah blah blah blah blah. It's a fantasy that is just not based in reality. So now let's face reality and then figure out what to do about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, and the thing is, you know, I think that with me that I was never on the Republicans are going to implode train because we've watched them state by state, city council by city council, school board by school board get stronger over the last eight and nine years at this point, and so you know, it has never been that I was not anticipating the deep apathy and anger that people were going to develop towards Joe Biden. That is something that I had that I was not anticipating. And so now that we have all and people want to tell me, you know, Danielle, when it comes to US elections, you know, what happens abroad is not going to matter. Foreign policy never plays right, and I'm just like, that's a fucking lie.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, let me just let me just tell you that that is definitely true. But also, I mean, it's definitely true. I'm not trying to discount that, but I would also say, like again, we were talking about this before, but like all the abolished ice stuff, for example, it was true for a lot of people, but it was also a slogan that was invented by Russian disinformation and injected into social media feeds. Like there is so much disinformation right now, and it's all directed at mobilizing progressives against Democrats. Like the level of that, like, you're not going to mobilize, it's not going to work on Trump supporters going against Trump. But the of like like it, you know, I mean, what's happening right now is horrible and genocide. And you know, again, I have a lot of family in Israel. They've been in the streets protesting against Nitan Yahoo every single day since much before anybody here paid attention to it, saying that this guy's going to end our country and stuff like that. But but I would say that the level of the level of like manipulation trying to split progressives and Democrats right now is just going to I mean, if we ever find out the extent of it, I think it's going to be breathtaking for a lot of people. But there already is tons of information out there about how a lot of these narratives about Biden being you know, not representing your interests and all these kind of things. It's just you know what I mean, Like it's it's it's so far beyond I mean, do you really think that Trump winning is going to be better for all the things?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously I don't. But when I am watching, and again, I'm not just on looking at what people are saying on social media. I'm looking at the half a million to a million people that showed up in Washington, DC that had signs and puppet puppets with Joe Biden with blood on his hands.
Speaker 2: And I'm walking.
Speaker 1: Down past Macy's in New York City and spontaneous protests happening, and I'm like, oh shit, Like, this isn't just people upset online. These are hundreds of thousands of people pouring into the streets in this country in a way that like I was like, oh, people are angry, and rightfully so, and for all of the right reasons, But like, will coalesce around like our greater enemies so that we can fight other enemies. And I'm still hopeful of that, I guess. But with ten months until an election and now we're gonna watch Iowa, New Hampshire stuff that we're going to watch this entire thing play out over you know, the winter and the spring as we get into the summer, and I'm just like, it doesn't feel good.
Speaker 3: No, it feels like shit, there's no doubt. It feels terrible. I mean, it feels depressing. I guess one thing to keep in mind is like, you know who Nittanyahu wants to win the twenty four election. You know who Putin wants to win the twenty twenty four election. They're all they they all these dictators want Trump, right, they all want Trump because that'll make it easier for them to slaughter people. It'll make it easier for them to have a kind of strong man politics, much more transactional strong man politics. So all these guys want Trump, like it's not like, oh, Biden, what he says, like Biden, I'm sure despises Nitanya who Natanya who doesn't want Biden to win? And so you know the issue here is why is that? And so if Biden, if Nataiaho doesn't want Trump Biden to win, and Putin doesn't want an urban and progressive politics, if they all don't want Biden to win, Biden's not going to win, and then you're going to get Trump, and then yeah, you know who's going to win that It's not going to be progressive. It's going to be the Orbon's and the Putins and the Yaho's other world.
Speaker 1: My thing, And this is the last thing I'll say as we wrap today, is that you know, it's not going to be a failure of something else to come up with, to say, a failure of messaging. It's going to be an administration and a campaign that doesn't think that that anything is wrong. Oh, I'm sorry, and there and there and there, and their inability to adapt to the moment, and just you know, statements that Biden put out one hundred days of war in Israel and Gaza, and the statement that he put out was so fucking tone deaf. I couldn't I couldn't believe it right, So that to me is the thing.
Speaker 3: Let me just say, and again I'm I'm frustrated, and I'm angry, and I also really don't want Trump to win. So I will say that like, for example, Blincoln right now is in the Middle East proposing a kind of grand plan of a Palestinian state, a two state solution, an alliance that would I mean, I guess, I guess the question is what would change, what would change the narrative in the Middle East? In a way that would help turn this horrible, murderous situation into something where people can get back on board. And what would would would would be some kind of plan that stops the violence and leads to a two state solution. And I pretty much can guarantee you that that's what the Democrats are working on now right that that you know, are all of our democratic foreign They're not saying like, go keep bombing the crap out of people and killing families. What they're saying is we need some kind of way to have this horrible moment change the narrative into a way that's leading to something on the ground. And I feel like if that narrative changed, you know that to me, that's the one hope of changing the narrative. But the only problem is doesn't want it, right And yeah, there are a lot of people that don't want it, you know, And so the question is do you think that, you know, how's that going to change? But the problem is the players on the ground. So I do feel like it's just important to note on a kind of real level that the Democrats are kind of stuck right now. You know, like you can debate what I mean, it was hugely mistake to go embrace Ninton. Now in the beginning, maybe Biden thought that would give him leverage.
Speaker 1: Maybe continuing to go circumvent Congress in order to continue providing weapons. You know, maybe stop doing that.
Speaker 3: Right, very right. But I'm saying that like right now, like is would totally disarming Israel. Would that solve the problem?
Speaker 1: Right? But I mean, using your power. You were the largest funder of Israel in the world, and now you're throwing up your hands and saying you don't know what to do. Give me a fucking break.
Speaker 3: There was a great piece in RS yesterday. I encourage everybody to read it. I'll tweet it out about the five options that Biden faces right now, and it was really laid this out in a lot of details. Stopping the funding was one was one of the options. So it's not like it's not like, I mean, liberals and Israel have been saying this for a long before many progressives in America even knew what was going on. Yeah, and so you know this has been so just read rates in English right now they're giving this as one of the five options. It's just that, you know, I just I just think that you know, again, there's there's got to be a change. At the point that I think we're both making here is that there's got to be a change in the narrative. And that narrative is not going to change without some change in the midd least, and that change has to come in ways that I mean. I'll I'll send you this article. I think it's really outstanding.
Speaker 1: And I think that the only way, just like you said the joke with the light bulb, the only way that things change is when you decide that there needs to be a change. And I am not quite sure that this administration is there. I know that the people of this country, the majority, are there, but I don't know if the administration is My friend, Jonathan, we will pick.
Speaker 2: This up again.
Speaker 3: That's the topics here.
Speaker 1: No where, didge of topics. Always appreciate you. That is it for me today. Dear friends on wok f as always power to the people and to all the people.
Speaker 2: Power, get woke and stay woke.
Speaker 1: A fop