Speaker 1: What's up everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show with My dog Bead. What's happening to my brother?
Speaker 3: What's up my dog?
Speaker 4: We already, you know, going into our second week, almost into the new year. Man, kids back in school now, you know, getting back into routine.
Speaker 3: How you feeling now?
Speaker 2: A lot better than Jesus Christ. I love my kids. I love hanging with my kids. They are amazing, They keep they they breathe life into me, so I really enjoy it. But having four kids can be a bit overwhelming at times. And I can love my kids and enjoy being around them and want them to go back to school. Both can be true.
Speaker 3: School is a good thing.
Speaker 4: Both can be true.
Speaker 2: And I am happy they back, you know, so we can start back really getting these episodes FuMB in.
Speaker 1: How we do? You know? So please subscribe to The Draymond Green.
Speaker 2: Show with Baron Davis so you don't miss any of these episodes with any of this Bencher, make sure you subscribe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Follow the show all social media platforms at Draymond's Show so you don't miss none of these announcements. Man, we got crazy announcements. I know we've been away for a bit. There have been many things that we need to cover. A lot of stuff we need to cover, so we're gonna start off with the fast Break. This is a segment where we'll cover three stories in twelve minutes, and we have to start with Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: I don't know if.
Speaker 4: You've seen or explain what happened during this play, but could you explain what happened when you pull down the Lakers?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: OK, bro was I was a Scott Foster who's.
Speaker 2: I got a few referees I love, So I'm gonna say one of my top two, top three favorite referees, I love Scott Foster, and I actually love Scott Foster.
Speaker 1: Like the reason I love Scott Foster.
Speaker 2: You got all of it in that game of why I love Scott Foster. He don't care who you are. He's gonna call the call however he sees it. Don't matter who you are. I love that about Scott Foster. You could be Lebron James, you can be Quentin Post. He gonna call it the same way, and he ain't afraid of you. Like no matter who you are, Scott ain't afraid. So I love Scott Foster for that reason so untrue fashion. My favorite referee is right here on the baseline on the box out. They hooked their arms in front of him, which you can't do is illegal, Like they connect and hold each other.
Speaker 1: How damn Yeah, Scott, I'm like, Scott.
Speaker 2: They can't do this, Like, hey, un like arms, you guys can't do that. So they unlike arms, and then they start to move their arms back together. So I look back at Scott. I'm like, Scott, he like, you can't do that. So you know me, Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, I think fast.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, well, if their arms are connected, if you run into their arms, it's actually a foul on them. So so I'm like, I just alerted Scott twice.
Speaker 1: He see that they locking arm.
Speaker 2: I'm going so I take a little step back to load my run up, and then I just try to start taking off, running into the arm. When I run into the arm, Scott, you see that their arms was locked. You ain't gonna blow the whistle. So I'm like, oh, they ain't blow the whistle. YEA, all right, I got I gotta do more to get this.
Speaker 1: Nuts. Come here, come here.
Speaker 4: I swear when I was watching that it was almost like, you told the ref Hey, look what I'm about to do.
Speaker 2: I told you, I said, Scott, they can't do this, so chuke this out.
Speaker 1: I don't hear. I don't hear.
Speaker 2: I don't hear a whistle blow yet, So I'm like, oh, ain't enough contact yet, Like, let me create more contact. So I create more contact with it. Scott blows the whistle and go double foul. No follow on you? Shoot one free throw?
Speaker 1: Like what Scot?
Speaker 2: He like Draymond Like, I don't know what it should be, but I know you fouled, So whatever, Scott, But you just saw the look on He's like, Draymond, it's a follow on you, I said, Scott.
Speaker 1: They hooked. Arn. Scott goes to the referee, who's.
Speaker 2: Now on the baseline, Hey, switch positions with me so he can come down there and talk. You think it was not a foul on you, No, it was definitely a follow on me. Yeah, it was only a follow on me because he missed the first time when I ran into their own. Scott comes to the baseline and has a full conversation with incredible conversation. It was such a fun conversation and he's like Draymond, but don't. I don't know which one of the guys I wanted to call a follow on you all, I don't know which he said. If they were shooting free throws, I don't know which one of them. I get a free throws too, And we had a whole conversation, like I said, of that's one of the reasons Scott is one of my favorite references, because there's this common misconception of like, you can't talk to Scott Foster.
Speaker 1: And I think that is so far from true.
Speaker 2: You can have a conversation with Scott Foster the entire game all night, as long as y'all are having a conversation back when you can't even raise your voice on he don't raise his voice back like and like I said, and at a certain point throughout the night, if you start to get disrespectful, God gonna tell you I'm done, ain't talking to you no more. And then if you talk to him, you're gonna get a tech. But Scott's not just a guy that you're gonna go talk to right away and get a tech.
Speaker 1: Like the man literally switched was.
Speaker 2: This, like, hey switch with me so he could come down there and talk some more like and it was.
Speaker 1: It was such a fun It was such a fun moment.
Speaker 2: It was and to how that moment with Scott, like I said, one of my favorite referees, truly a blige man.
Speaker 4: That was one of the all time free throw w w F w w he that was old school w w F Dusky Rhodes taken down boom with the double soup flex. Then he looked at the ref and said, what.
Speaker 1: All the first fill? Scott? I ran into their contact arm, call the first pot? What did I do?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hey, Scott, Scott heard it?
Speaker 4: Scott, you should have caught that first foul. If Scott would have caught the first foul, then it would have made it all the more better. I think he missed that.
Speaker 2: If he would have, Scott, I'm moving on you hear this, but you owe me one next time.
Speaker 4: You let them boys lock arms like that, Scott, Scott.
Speaker 2: Let me pye, let me swing this swing this rock man. Why are the NBA ratings down like this? Like no, it's football season. But talk to me what you got for storytelling? Man?
Speaker 4: Storytelling storylines? I think you know, uh, as the visibility of the league is span you need more voices telling more authentic stories and being able to tap into these players. Like when I look at the media around the game is different.
Speaker 3: It's all like almost like fake.
Speaker 4: News, guys news, all the bullshit opinions, weird ass people giving hot takes. Everything is a hot take. And now you're kind of phasing out what we did every day.
Speaker 3: In the streets. You know what I mean, is like who your top five?
Speaker 4: Who the top ten, or who the top twenty five, and like you can't even really we don't even have that no more, you know what I mean, we don't even have like who the top five guards in the league? Who the top five big dudes, right and so? And then on top of that, with no stories, getting no nicknames, getting no superheroes, with no superpowers, and so now the kids, it's like, you know what I mean, It's like I'm getting Steph, but where's the Steph. Like the Steph Lebron story on Christmas Day? Gotta be a Christmas dream, you know what I mean. And you gotta have just more of the culture. I think you got so much media, but like you're given once again, getting a microphone to the people who don't really know the game or the history of the game, and so where there's no nostalgia, there's nowhere for you to kind of like dive in the game, for you to get to know these new dudes, and they don't. Right, I've been saying that, like this young generation, if we embrace them with their skill and learn who they are and learn their names, even though they're young coming in the league, like it would help even for them to know they pass, you know what I'm saying. And so like the questions may be a little different than nostalgia, may be a little different. Then you know why, you know, go to State and the Lakers got beef because it's history there, you know what I mean. You know why the Detroit Pistons in Chicago got beef in this history there. So whether you're the best team in the league or the worst team in the league, you play for legacy and to keep that.
Speaker 3: Streak alive, you feel what I'm saying, or territory.
Speaker 4: And so the league just got away from like, man, like what the hell are we watching the games for if they don't mean nothing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's the fact. I agree.
Speaker 2: I think the storytelling is way down. I can't blame it all on media because players play. However, I do think players play by rules that are set, and I think the rules are not enjoyable to watch.
Speaker 1: It's just too.
Speaker 2: Clean, like it ain't no ah, like nah, there's no value.
Speaker 4: There's no value for possessions either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's not like it don't give you no Like I don't have no anxiety watching the game until the playoffs come, you know what I mean. I ain't no anxiety. Ain't like damn man, like we really need to stop right now. It's like the game's always like coming back from thirteen or it's never really a night game all the way through to build that narrative and to your point, the rules, the rules and the style of play is just can't be a pill in that. Like everybody want to be stepped, but ain't everybody's step.
Speaker 1: Bro mm hm.
Speaker 4: That's the fact that lot of bricking, you know what I mean, It's a lot of breaking going on, and it's like, why is this dude shooting like crazy shots, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And it's like we want to see the superstar superstar.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. And by the way, media no passes here. I can't blame solely y'all, but people tired of hearing y'all talk about what something who somebody slept with last night or such and such came in late. Ain't nobody care? They want to hear you talk about basketball. But they've they've now done the argument culture for so long in sports that they don't know how to.
Speaker 1: Talk about basketball anymore.
Speaker 2: They don't know basketball anymore, so they speak out these pointless numbers that want to understand. It's no soul, like you know, it's like the league has lost its soul.
Speaker 4: It's no soul in it anymore. Hell of squares, man, it's just nonetheless.
Speaker 2: I do think, yes, in America the ratings are down for sure, but I'm sure globally.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all the way up. Yeah, but we get you know, like where is the culture and the intersection? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You can't just gone it's just like, oh, we're just gonna play rap music because like we just think that it's just gonna peel to people, you know what I mean. It's like everything is like the NBA used to be the source of like culture curation, yes, for sure, content curation and commercials, Like look at all the whack ass commercials that's out you know what I mean, Like, man, like, name somebody who got a dope shoe commercial?
Speaker 1: Nobody I got. I got the dopest commercial on TV.
Speaker 4: Man the one with yeah with the is it the buick? What is that abuse? Okay, what's up?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 4: Andre?
Speaker 3: They send me one of them.
Speaker 1: But I wish I could sing you tell me and my baby girl.
Speaker 4: That's a fire commercial up. But but but it shows personality and they show you in a different environment. So what you see on the court, you know what I mean, Like and it's new. Everybody else is just keep doing the same ship or hiring some influencers to like do social media. I don't want to see no social media accountent. I want to see a dope eyes Anthony Edward's commercial, you know what I mean, Not just a commercial, you know what I mean. I want to see what's the next KD commercial or you know, like what's the step like everybody should like it's no competition, and like, oh who got the dopest shoe? But who got the dopest commercial? Who got the best swag? Who got the authorize? Like it ain't even like that no more, you know what I mean. So it's like, why the fuck am I following when I ain't getting I'm only getting the game, you know what I mean? And like I don't even and I know the players. I'm just saying from a fan perspective, it's like I'm not tapped into all these guys because we don't know where they went to college, you know what I mean. Like, it's just yeah, you better get some that. We gotta get some experts in here, man, because we need some voices to like explain people background they store. All these dudes got incredible stories and come from somewhere, and like we just suffering from like surface type. Shit.
Speaker 3: Man, this is important. I need to get your thoughts.
Speaker 4: What do you think or what were you thinking when you heard that Mike Brown was being fired?
Speaker 1: Well, first off, Travis asked me right away.
Speaker 2: He said, man, you said three or four years ago that Mike Brown will get fired in three to four years, even when he was having success. Why did you say that? I said, Well, I was right, huh, he said yeah. But why did you say that? I said, because he's in an organization that they fire coaches, and no matter what he does, he's going to get fired.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 2: Mike Malone had their franchise player playing his best basketball he had played up until that point.
Speaker 1: Demarks Cousins.
Speaker 2: His first coach that they had brought in that he absolutely loved, and they fired him and he was doing well. I said, so what chance does Mike Brown have. He doesn't have a chance. He never had a chance. And that's why I said that. I said, but also travel. And the other reason I said it is because people tend to forget things that go on around the NBA or that are set around the NBA, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I actually remember everything. And I'm a like the Vet, who's.
Speaker 2: The owner of the uh the Sacramento Kings team.
Speaker 1: Organization.
Speaker 2: He was a minority owner here before he bought the Kings, And so I know the Vet.
Speaker 1: The Vex's great. I have zero issues with Avec.
Speaker 2: Actually love him, super nice, families nice, they are great. Where if a VEC lost me was and I quote or whatever, But I said, another reason I knew he would get fired is because people tend to forget these things.
Speaker 1: But the Vex incredible. He's a great man.
Speaker 2: But he once thought we should play four on five, like basketball should be played four on five, so much so that he tried it with the G LE team, and I said, so, yeah, you know, like you should cherry pick one guy. He should never come back on defense. You should play defense for like that, That's what And he thought that that should work, and he tried it with the G league team and I was just like, you know, trave So for a guy to like try to play four on five, you can't think that he's going to be like logical with the coach Daddy hired or.
Speaker 1: Fire like Jackie on five and so, like I said, I love event.
Speaker 4: Calling them Jackie Momball on five.
Speaker 2: Just so we're clear, beaud, the basketball set, ran is to put you in an advantage five on four, two on one, every basketball set is to create that advantage. You just gonna give us that advantage. Like so you know, I wasn't I was not at all surprised. And then the last thing I'll say, bed is on the heels of many Williams getting paid Bookoo Bread. They didn't even want to pay Mike Brown. They ended up giving them three for thirty h tim a year. I think he was trying to get like thirteen to fifteen a year. They kind of was like, all right, here's something, and so you know, with his contract negotiation this past offseason.
Speaker 1: You could just kind of see.
Speaker 3: The right commitment wasn't gonna be there.
Speaker 2: The commitment wasn't there, and Jackie Moon I was not the least bit surprised.
Speaker 4: Jackie Moon baby semi problem.
Speaker 1: So that's my take on Mike Brown being fired.
Speaker 4: Still shout out to Mike Brown, great coach. I'm sure you'll pop up somewhere.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And you know, just like time, we have went.
Speaker 4: Over time, way over time with a twelve minutes, so apologize. See y'all fans, we get kind of caught up, but we're going to stick to probably the next time, we're gonna try and knock this thing out in under twelve minutes.
Speaker 5: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs. You bet we are. Get in on the action at DraftKings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdowns is a key to winning in the NFL playoffs, and the key tou scoring big is betting on them. At DraftKings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it really simple. A player scoring a touchdown, go to Draft Kings sports Books app download it, make your pick. Here's another reason to watch your favorite players crush it on the playoffs. If you're a new customer, you bet five bucks. That's it, five bucks, get two hundred in bonus bets instantly by betting just five bucks, So score big Draftking sports Book during the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Download the app.
Speaker 5: Use the code colin cli N that will get you two hundred bucks in bonus bet So if you want two hundred dollars in bonus bets, you got to put it the code colin only on Draftking Sportsbook.
Speaker 4: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and Why, or text hope and why four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario bonus bets Ekspire one hundred and sixty eight hours zephyrichuins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash audio.
Speaker 3: Well on right. Hello, Duvnation.
Speaker 4: First, let's talk how it's been playing when my boy Dennis Schroeder for the past few games. Talk about that edition, drean what he means your team as he starts to gave more and more and acclimated.
Speaker 2: Man, I love playing with Dennis on our team. You know, we have battles against Dennis over the years, and so there's a mutual respect already there. But him coming to this team, he brings a feistiness that we need at the guard spot. He brings a demeanor that we need an alpha male. You know that doesn't hurt anyone. You know, there's no alpha here that feels uncomfortable with another alpha next to them, you know, And so we invite that, We invite you to be the exact alpha that you are in every situation and so.
Speaker 1: And enjoy I've enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately we haven't won as many games as we were like too, but it's you know, it'll come together, I believe. But man, Dennis is he's a leader, Like he gets to problems, Like if there's a problem, he see, he go right to it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He had one situation I can't remember who it was, but like his first this was like his first. This was like I think his first game play with us, first and second game play with us. He we were sitting on the plane, you know, we go back. He sits at the gamble and say with us, and we were waiting to start because he was at the front of the plane talking to one of the players that some in the game and he's like, no, I'm like, I'm going to address that right now.
Speaker 1: And I just thought that was so dope.
Speaker 2: He said to me the other day in the Memphis game, which really changed my focus. And I text him after the game. I said, man, I haven't had a teammate say anything like that to me in years.
Speaker 1: He and he was like, yo, we was walking the high time.
Speaker 2: He like, yo, yeah, keep talking to them like we act these boys like and you know, he said a few choice words that was a little different than that, but we'll leave it at that. He like, keep talking. We don't keep talking to them. They ain't cut like that. And I'm like, you're right, absolutely, but you're talking to the rush too much. Yeah, get off them, russ Man, talk to them. Talk to the Grizzlies were talking to them, get off them, Russ, And I was like, makes sense. And I came back out in the second half, locked in and I hit him out to the game and I said, Yo, I appreciate you saying that to me because it it locked me in on what I needed to be locked in on. And I'll be honest with you, not many people will say that to me. I'm thankful for that that you say that to me. Time huge, and I think he going to be a big help for us here. And you know, I think he's going to be a big part. Like he's still trying to get comfortable. You know, I don't think people really understand how it is to come to a team miss season. People really don't understand how hard it is to come to a team miss season and take the ball out of Steph Curry's hands, because that's what he's done. You know, he's coming and he's taking the ball out of Steph Curry's hand intentionally, Like that was the goal, you know, to find someone that can release relieve.
Speaker 3: Stuff a little bit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, and be on the ball wasting energy the whole time. And Dennis, you know he's coming and do that. But it's hard to you know, the times you can be out there and you feel like you're wrong. Man, you know, you're on the court with Steph Curry and it could feel a little wrong. You can mess with your head a little bit. So he's starting to get over that, and we're starting to see it more and more. He's starting to get more aggressive, and I think as he does, it'll be greater. Then he had said something else to me that I thought was like all right, respect. He was like, Dre, I'm telling you, man, I'm so excited to get here. I miss my family. It's like I missed my family and when they get out here, I'm telling you the player that I am when they get here him crazy. And I was like, people don't understand that side of it, though, you know what I'm saying, Like this man missing his kids and his wife is really hard. Yeah, Like yeah, your day, like yeah, every day is just af you know what I'm saying. So then you go into the game, but you've been feeling off all day every day for the last week and have you know. And so he's starting to, uh, you know, he's starting to come around for us.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I think he's gonna be really good for.
Speaker 4: Us, like that Johnson Kaminga. He been balling, been playing really good as a lad, but he'll be sidelined for the next three weeks with an ankle injury. I mean, I know you high on his potential. What adjustments do you believe the team has to make with something like somebody like Kaminga. Now that he you know, stepping into that role, he now gonna be out for a long period of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man sucks, especially he's playing his best basketball probably in his career so far, you know, and just to see him taking that next step, like what I've seen from him as of late is like, oh, I can get a ball up because I'm gonna get the ball back every possession, like so I can actually drive in and make the next play, which is making him even more dangerous because he's starting to hit some open shoes and stuff, which eventually just opens the floor up more for him. And just seeing him take those next steps, you know what I'm saying of a shot that he may with have forced because he don't know a how long he gonna be in the game.
Speaker 1: B when he gonna get the ball back. He ain't forcing none of that, No, more now.
Speaker 2: I always say, when you got great scorers, which I think he has the potential to be, they're gonna take some bad shots. Like you you not be a great scorer and not take any bad shots. And so he's still gonna take some shots that's questionable, as every great scorer does. But with the way he's starting to see the game now, the way the game is slowing down for him, it's been special to see. And I think, you know, for us, with missing him for these next three four weeks, it's tough. I think we're gonna need a much heavier doseph Andrew Wiggins. You know, in the last couple of games, he's been aggressive. We need that, especially that second starting the second half of that Memphis game when JK went out, Wiggs picked it up, and we're gonna need him to be really aggressive. I think also that you know, that's going to open up more minutes for slow Mo, which the last couple of games you've seen him, and I think, you know, uh, obviously we need JK out there and want them out there, but I think, you know, being in the space that we're in struggling a bit, getting a veteran like slow Mo out there can help right the ship, you know, it can help settle things down. And so I think it'll be a little more slow mo. We need a lot more uh wigs. Yeah, consistently, which he's been great all year. You know, I'm not saying he hasn't been consistent, but we're gonna need Whigs to be even more aggressive. And then all of us got to pick it up. You know, everybody got to be willing to shoot, because it's not going to be as much pressure on the rim without JK putting that pressure on the rim. And everybody got to come out ready to fire.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, it's a good an opportunity for some of the dudes and for you know, like we said at the beginning of the year, yeah, I got a lot of depth versatility. So this is kind of like could be a great turning point. And speaking of turning point, you know Steph calling the team very mid?
Speaker 1: What does that reflect about who you guys are right now? But what you guys can be going forward?
Speaker 4: How the kids say we're very mid right now?
Speaker 3: Just very average, right, I mean?
Speaker 4: And then he turned up the next game hit eight eight from the three point line. But you know, calling the Warriors very mid, you know, man, let's drill in on that.
Speaker 1: Man. Listen.
Speaker 2: When he said that and I read it, I was like oh, And I sat and started thinking about it, and I'm like, yeah, I get what he's saying. I get where he comes from. We are definitely like right at five hundred, like right in middle of the pack, very mid. And we heard him, and I think we've played a little better since, but again that's it's still got an equal stack and wins together.
Speaker 1: And we haven't done that. So until we do that, like.
Speaker 2: He said, you never want to when you're going through it, you never want to really accept that you're mid, or that you're not a good team or whatever it is, Like it's a horror pill to accept. And we haven't accepted it because we still think we got a chance and we could right the ship.
Speaker 1: But it's tough. Yeah, And so for him to just.
Speaker 2: Come out and say it, like, hey, it's real elephant and we made right now, Like all right, so now what now that we can acknowledge that what we got to do to figure this out and get better? And so when I first saw it, it was like a double take. But then I'm like yeah, we are very.
Speaker 4: Mid right sometimes, but it's a humbling experience because sometimes you gotta humble yourself and say like, Yo, we're around here doing this, we're doing that, we're saying this, we're saying that, like we was this, We not that no more, you know what I mean. So it's like almost like a self check moment to be yeah, we are very mad and then to look up and be like, hold on, we mean, how are we mean? You know what I mean? We need to recalibrate because ain't nothing meant about you know what I mean, what we're doing. And so you know, when when it's when it's the big dog talking like that, you know, it's almost like a wake up call for absolutely everybody everybody else.
Speaker 2: And like, you know what, another thing that it does is it can also give God's confidence because it gives them like that freedom and be like, yo, just what we need to do right, And so then they don't have to live up to the pressure that's been created by what we've done, you know, because that's a thing like you come here and you feel like you need to live up to the pressure of what we've been and that's not a realistic thing. Man, and so I think that that also helps with that. But we start a four game road trip today in Detroit followed by the Pace and Raptors and Timberwolves. In your honest opinion, Uh, what do you see the toughest match up on this road trip?
Speaker 1: And where do you see the record being in this road trip?
Speaker 3: I mean, I would like to see y'all go three and one.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great road trip.
Speaker 4: Two and two is a good road trip. Uh, it's starting Detroit, you know what I mean. Like these young dudes, they hungry. They coming off of five hundred, you know what I mean, They are already five hundred. They've just been playing, really just playing the ass off. You gotta beat Detroit, yeah, because then that puts then I take the pressure off of you know, Halliburton, you know what I mean, don't want that steph fade in Indiana. They coming out like you know what I mean. They they coming out playing just as hard as y'all gonna.
Speaker 1: Play, Yeah, and maybe harder.
Speaker 4: I like Toronto. I think that they are at home. They're just like how the Toronto Raptors used to be when they weren't.
Speaker 3: When they were not.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, you know, what I mean when they when they were not contenders, you better not going there half stepping because you could get not And then you know the Timberwolves waiting for y'all because they fit. You know, that's that's one of the other that's one of the team ship. That's very man you know what I mean. They're hell of men. So it's like who who's going to start laying some foundation in concrete in that middle market?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And like really product sat right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell yeah, and like you know, uh and and it's that mindset to have wing you in the season like this getting ready for All Star getting you know, the ups and downs, trying to get like we were up, we down, we injured people coming in and out all of this, and you know for this All Star push, Like what are your thoughts around just like talk to the fans about everybody is going through something right, and then like what it's kind of like your recipe or is there a team meeting or you know, how do you guys like start writing the ship?
Speaker 3: Is it a meeting?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: You know, like because you know fans are always asking like, oh, we need a team meeting. Those dudes should just get together and talk or like what is the philosophy around kind of like this winner time, Like winner is here.
Speaker 2: You know, you have team meetings here and there, just trying to figure it out and talk talk amongst each other.
Speaker 1: Oh, which we've done.
Speaker 2: But the interesting thing about this team is it's like it ain't zero bad blood. Like the chemistry on this team crazy, it's incredible, and so it's not one of them things of where you need to get in and like call somebody out, like yo, we we ain't hitting on this, Like it ain't none of that. Like the chemistry on this team is incredible, and so like it's to play, Like we just got to play better, you know, and like that has to be the focus for us, Like we just have to play better because all the other stuff that you need to make you winning team we have, like rocking with each other off the court. We have, like you know what I'm saying, Like all the things that you need a round the play to be a great team, we have those teams. And so we just got to play better and win some games. So I don't know, I don't really always.
Speaker 4: Like stop losing, stop losing games.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This ain't one of them situations where it's like Yo, they struggling and it's problems in the locker. It ain't nothing like that, and so we've thrown games away that we shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Like, you just gotta win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, bro, I totally agree.
Speaker 4: You just you just gotta stop losing the games you're not supposed to lose or figuring out a way that like, you know, even like the little midseason tournament, going back to that and then Houston, it's like, look at that, like damn. And then it was like three games just like that. It was like, wait, what happened? Like I thought? I thought we got that locked up, you know what I mean. And that's the difference between being very mint to being like, oh we were still silent in the top, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's one thou. Oh, let's go around the league a little bit. A few things happened since we were last here, starting with Kawhi is Lennard return? How do you feel about his return? And how can he help this Clippers team?
Speaker 3: It's going down.
Speaker 4: It's going down once Kawhi come back, Like uh, oh you got the beer? You got Norman Powell playing at an all star level as far as like shooting guards are concerned in this in this Western Conference, like he probably wanted the outside of Anthony Edwards, maybe Booker. He putting up persistent numbers. Man, you're talking about fifty three, forty.
Speaker 3: Five, ninety, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And one on one, ain't nobody stopping him getting this shot off. Defensively, you know, another added piece to now you know they defense with Ben Gundy and so now I think, you know, really from a Kawhi perspective, he get to kind of be almost like the Kawhi that was made for Toronto and the Kawhi that was made for San Antonio, right, because it's like, oh shit, here go a solid ass team that's great. Defensively, they already got an offensive weapon, they know how to, they know how to play and win with James and Norman Powell leading the charge, right and then Zubac combination. Now Kawhi is like, oh shit, Kawhi on the floor. Oh shit, Kawhi is killing you know what I mean? And like you ain't got it, Ain't nothing you can do but double team Kawhi.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna tell?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna He's gonna tear you up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And so now it just creates a whole nother dynamic for the Clippers to where Kawhi is really that X factor that they needed. But during this season that if he didn't come back, they were a solid team that was gonna be there in the end challenging.
Speaker 2: All right, So I asked you this question, So who's taking a bigger hit, because something has to change in order for Kawhi to become Kawhi. Who's taking a bigger hit? James Harden and the way James has been playing this year or Norman. One of them ain't gonna like both of their production can't say the same in Kawhi didn't come be Kawai.
Speaker 1: So which one of those guys are gonna take more of it?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 4: Neither one interesting? Neither one because Kawhi don't get his money and Kawhi is efficient. That just means other people like coffee, you know what I mean? Dudes who was getting wide open looks and shit like that. He ain't about to get those those wide open looks now about to go to James and the swing to Norman.
Speaker 1: Pou You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Because you got a double team Kawhi. If not, he gonna light you up. And so when you look at Kawhi, it's almost like you can clock in a quick dump, you know what I mean. Oh, let me let me clock in. Let me add that dump. And they don't really change nothing from what James doing because now James kicking to Kawhi, and so Kawhi get a chance to like eat off of like what they they already built, but like now they just got a motor to where James has done an incredible job of picking his spots because he knows he has to be a finisher and a closer. Now, you know what I mean, you got big shot making Norm Powell on the right side, Kawhi on the left side, and now you got hardened, you know, hardening the zubox screen pretty dangerous and defensively efficient too.
Speaker 1: No, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I can agree with some parts of what you said, only where my opinion difference is I think James is going to take more of a hit because uh, and the words of Beer himself, I am a system and he is very much saw a system. I just don't know if his system the system that he is that Kawhi is going to necessarily just plug into that system.
Speaker 3: Why don't need a SYSTEMA?
Speaker 1: I agree, but James and James system.
Speaker 2: James always has the ball, and I just think with Kawhi now on the floor, that lessons how much James.
Speaker 1: Is going to have the ball.
Speaker 2: And again, in the eyes of I am a system, that lessons how much that James is going to have the ball. Obviously, I think James is going to continue to play great, but I think he's going to have to take a step back in order if they want Kawhi to come back and be the Kawhi of Oh the Kawhi that we know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: He's coming back from a knee injury, so it's going to take time to ramp up and stuff and we'll see how it plays out. But if one guy is going to lose some of his production and touches, I think it'll be James, just because I am a system.
Speaker 1: In that system, he got the ball.
Speaker 4: James is the system. Kawhi I don't need a system, and so that means Kawhi is the ultimate.
Speaker 3: Compliment to James his system because Kawhi is Kawhi.
Speaker 4: He is a Kawhi is on his own island. It's just a plug in, you know what I mean. I mean, it's like a hell of battery charge. Now, James, all he gotta do is figure out, Okay, when I passed the ball to Kawhi, I'm not getting that one back, right, So I gotta get Kawhi five shots supporter. You know, when he had full full health other than that man James operate. He got rested moments now right where if you watch, you know, as James get older, he chills too. He gets off the ball. Now he not He not the Houston James. He is the system, but he's not the Houston James. So he been getting off the rock. And that's how I think Norman has been flourishing. You know, they run stuff for Norm. Remember Norm average twenty points with Kawhi and PG and Harden coming off the bench. So you know now that there's no PG, and it's like, you know, not having Paul George right for the Clippers open up so many shots for so many people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And it allowed.
Speaker 4: James to kind of be the initiator and like Kawhi to be the free spirit.
Speaker 2: Joe Missoula, I got what he wanted a couple of weeks ago, he said, we need to start fighting in the NBA. Amen Thompson got into it with Tyler Hero, Urkis got into it with Naji Marshall.
Speaker 1: I'm a one four flat to this one.
Speaker 2: I take this one starting with the Amen Thompson and Tyler Hero. While he's while he swing Tyler Hero like that like he was.
Speaker 1: Just a little kid, throwing him on the couch was crazy.
Speaker 4: He was. He swung him like the doll that wasn't supposed to be sitting there.
Speaker 1: Whoa, And the way he swung him was crazy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Terry Rocher came and got involved the way he should, which I respected.
Speaker 1: The way he got involved for the young fella.
Speaker 4: I didn't see. I can't see all the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Terry Rose here came and Pence I came right in and you gotta do that. Tydler Heroes about to be the face of that franchise, you know, And so I respected that. I did not quite understand. Well, they were about to play us the next day and he just out of nowhere like picked an argument then swamp And I hope that brother got the help he need, because man, it was just like out of nowhere, like something's wrong and life, Like he must be going through a really hard time in life to just go back and swing like that, or like possibly maybe he didn't want to play against the team that he was going to play the next day, like that could be a thought. It was just a little surprise to see him swing like that, but then to get pushed on the ground and then start whining about it and grabbing his face. I was really shocked. Yeah, you can't swing and then get pushed on the ground and like grab your face and cry about it.
Speaker 1: Like once you.
Speaker 2: Swing, you it was you that kind of said this is what it is. And so I was just a little surprised. But that brother needs some help, and I hope he get the help.
Speaker 4: He need help.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, getting that Come man, you know.
Speaker 1: You can't just be swinging that ain't gonna stand up, you know what.
Speaker 2: I know what I'm saying, You're just swinging out of nowhere, surprising everybody.
Speaker 1: I was a little shocked by that. When I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: But they was going to play against us the next day, and sometimes peop forget Draymond, I this and I get it and it's all right.
Speaker 3: Okay, he was he would get you passed.
Speaker 4: It was definitely not not thinking about He was like, damn, might as well get up out of this one.
Speaker 1: Let me bed.
Speaker 2: I would say, though, I'm very surprised that the guy who got swung on got suspended for more games. Then that's weird like that I did not understand. They said, oh, he tried to keep going in the back, like stop, he gets one more game suspension than the guy who swung on him.
Speaker 1: So like what am I to do if I get swung on?
Speaker 2: Just standing there because I'm going to get suspended Like that is crazy? And so I was a little shocked by a little bit. I was a little shocked by that, just Najie Marsha getting suspended for more games than yeah, one who got swung than the guy that needs some help. Stop, don't don't talk around that word enforcer like that. That's ridiculous. He's coming for you.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: What I was.
Speaker 4: I was a quote saying, man, I said, have saved Albem for Jmond Green.
Speaker 3: The next night, ooh just kidding, you don't want and bro.
Speaker 4: Hey, I was watching the h the Mike epps U comedy thing when he said like that, get I can imagine you outside the Phoenix Arena, like no, you gonna have to see me.
Speaker 1: You gotta see me. You can't get out of here like that. You gotta see me. You got to see me.
Speaker 4: Jeff all right man, continuing the Suns asked Bradley Beal to come off the bench forty sixty million. He's a starter as someone who's been asked to come off the bench earlier this season. Bro, do you think this will help the Suns? And does this make sense at all?
Speaker 2: It may help in the interim, right, like, it may help if they want to win at the level that they want to win that Bradley Bill is one of their best players. Tough to bring them off the bench, you know. And he had twenty five the first game coming off the bench, which is great. But like that game when he has six, it ain't gonna necessarily be as pleasant, you know what I'm saying. And so shout out the brad of being a professional and going to the bench and coming off the bench for twenty five and the first time he did it in twenty sixteen. But like I said, I don't I think yes, it could help in the interial, But to win at the level that I think that team is expected to win that which is to be contenders. I don't think you can necessarily be a contender with Bradley Bill coming off the bench on that team.
Speaker 4: All right, man, you know my motivated Doc Rivers this year? Whoever is the Knicks coach, get your shit together, Bro Buthhozer, Man, get your shit together. You know what I'm saying, Like, get your shit together? Man? What like you said, like, how you gonna win in Bradley Bill College? Man, if you can't coach the three superpowers you know what I mean, or superstars and figure out like that's your job, what the hell does him coming off the bench got to do it the first four minutes anyway, because he coming right in, you know what I mean. It's like, man, that's it's fool's gone, you know what I mean? Because to your point, when he gets twelve or he gets six and he can't really catch a rhythm, he got twenty five because he.
Speaker 1: Was just mad.
Speaker 4: The way you start the game is the way you want to finish together, and that's the confidence in them dudes to figure that shit out now Throughout the course of the game. You got a sub I'm bringing Katie out. Bill is your tar? Booker? Is you? And KD Turn?
Speaker 3: Booker turned KD Turn you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And like, you gotta understand as a coach how to get them dudes and flow. You got four quarters.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: They can all get they fifteen twenty shots. Like, but I don't know about.
Speaker 3: This coming off the bench. Just doesn't make too much money to be coming off the bench. What is we doing?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: That is the most disrespect? Like who's starting in front of him?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 4: You feel you know what I'm saying, Who's who is starting in front of him? And I would like to understand what's the rational right you put your best players on the floor. Ain't no way at Bradley Beal coming off nobody bitch to be no six man or none of that shit when he's bona fide and approven playmaker and the piece that y'all went and traded for to go get. All right, man, I'm gonna take a TV time out we can talk about something a little bit more from the TV analy side. This week, I Charles Barkley is discussing Anthony Edwards. Charles Barkley, I quote, I think Anthony Edwards has regressed. Anthony Edwards, on the other hand, recently expressed frustration about being double team and scores career high at fifty three points and a loss to Detroit. We know they are underachievement. Do you agree with Chuck?
Speaker 2: I don't think Anthony Edwards is regressing. I don't think Anthony Edwards has played the way everybody expected him to come back, playing from going to a Western Conference finals, with the hunger, with the tenacious attitude that he has. Anyway, I don't think he's done that but regress. He's gotten better actually as a player. This jump shots way better, So I wouldn't say regressed. I don't think that's the right word. I If I was even gonna make this argument, I think I would have went more along the lines of, like, yo, it's Anthony Edwards content because he went to the conference finals. I would take more that approach if I was going to do that, rather than like Anthony Erwars has regressed, because that's just not true. He hasn't regressed one bit. I yeah, I would just say.
Speaker 1: More of that. But in saying that, removing a player like kat is a big big, big, big, big big big, big big.
Speaker 2: Deal and it takes some time to figure out a move like that, Like it can take some time to figure that out. I think, you know, you see the last two games, he had fifty three, then he had thirty seven, averaging forty five over his last two games. And I saw that he complained about the double teams. The reality is that's just it being at like it is gonna say whatever he thinks, but he going to get double team like you can't stop him one on one. So that's going to happen, and he should expect to see more of that. And this coach has better figure out how to negate those double teams. But they ain't going away. You talk about losing a guy like carl And Towns, that even opened up the possibility for double teams because you you can help off a little more because he's the way he shoot the ball. I mean, excuse me, you couldn't help off as much because of how quick catch trigger is and how well he shoot the ball. And so I think they still have some adjustments to make. Like I told at the at the Olympics after the game, after they wanted the gold medal, don't be a moment guy, Like, don't be one of those guys that had their moment that went to the conference finals that we never hear from again. And I don't think he has that attitude. But you know, he got to take that next step. Yeah, I would definitely believe that he will. I do at least I agree.
Speaker 4: I think, uh, it's not regress, right, it's more like he has it taken the next step. I think he's gotten better, But what does what does that mean for someone who's so talented and you know, huge expectation. I think my challenge to him is he hasn't figured out how to get fifty three and dominate a game. He hasn't figured out to walk on the court and say, not only am I the best player, I'm the most talented, I'm the most athletic, and I can win this game based on my ability, my know how, my knowledge, time is score. I think he's still very similar to winby right is he's learning the game, he's learning how to play the game, but he's not learning yet to dominate the game or to be a winner in game situations, you know what I mean. And so it goes to like, yeah, he balling. He's a baller. He can't be stopped. But it's also like he has to figure out how to make Julius Randall valuable for him in a different way than Kat was because you don't have Cat now to say all that, not having Cat and having Julius Randall, like you got to figure out how does deal gonna compliment you? Because the floor is different, the spacing is different, the style is different. The way Julius Randall want to get his shots, his touches.
Speaker 1: And so different.
Speaker 4: Now you got Julius Randall, Rudy Gobert, you know what I mean. Conley like it looked like the same team, but you don't fear them beating you from the outside. You don't fear them beating you at the rent. You don't fear their height or their size. And so well, now you have you have nowhere to hide or disappear or your game for other people to really compliment you. To step up because all eyes are on you, right, because it's just a different, like the spacing is different, the energy to close out on everybody else. It's a shorter close out or it's a slower close out right, which allow you to get double teams. So I think for him, he got to understand, like there's a game within the game within the game, right And for what you're saying, don't be the moment, dude. It's like you can get back to the air, but you're not going to get back to the conference finals with Karl Anthony Towns because you don't play it there no more. So stop complaining about Randall. Make that shit work. Make Rudy Gobert do something, you know what I mean, and figure out, like figure out how to be the centerpiece of everything they need without saying like I'm passing too much, I'm staring too much, I'm missing that too much. It's like we don't need none of that, No, no doubt.
Speaker 1: I feel you. But the word regrets.
Speaker 2: Is not a He's not played against Anthony Edwards this year. I can tell you for certain, he ain't regretted. Bit he comes down talking to you like, oh, Dre, you think I might. I'm telling you, Dre, my three better. I told you, yeah, y'all ain't gonna guard me like that. My three is nice, Like he talking to you while he's shooting it. He ain't regrets now.
Speaker 4: His game got better. His game awareness basketball IQ as far as like taking that next next step to be a superstar and be somebody that's He's not feared his fifty three points. His points are not feared enough, you know what I mean, And so like there needs to be an opportunity for him to walk in the game and be like, I can beat you scoring fifty three. I can beat you scoring thirty. I can beat you scoring like I can just win this game because I got controlled. And I think that's the situation he's in now in Minnesota, because you don't have somebody with that high level of confidence that feel like I'm wanted him ones too, you know what I mean, And so you don't have that to feed off of. Everybody got a feed off that shit from you, and so you got to be more responsible about once again, how do you play the game until it's time for you to be a winner? You know what I mean? You may have to James Harden and shit.
Speaker 1: I agree, So I don't know. We'll see.
Speaker 2: We got them next week, So we shall see. We got a new segment on the show called What's that Tweet? It'll be explaining the reasoning behind certain tweets to kick things off let's look at a repost from BD. I was surprised to see Jay Z performing by wearing a Baron Davis jersey. When did that take place? Also was like, when was the first time you ever met Hope?
Speaker 4: Uh? That was we was in college at UCLA. Shout out to the All MEI hip Hop, the Hommie Hirey. They came by, you know, they was, you know, hip hop, A big basketball fan and he was like one of the youngest an rs at Rockafella. So he was like, yo, you want to meet Jay, Like Jay wan I rocky jersey for the hard knock life You've been coming out in different people jersey. I was like, what bro we hopped in the whip hit down Sunset Cafe Man's it was Jay Dame Dash was there.
Speaker 3: He wasn't that nice to us, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Uh, But Jay was hellic cool, you know what I mean. He was young, he was like and you know it was a hard knock life tour, but he was like yeah. I was like, yeah, I got a jersey for you. I gave him the white one. I gave him the black Ucla jersey because me and Earl Watson for the first time we designed. We told the coach like, yo, we should make black jersey. So they we had a U c L A black jersey. I gave him like U c L A black jersey. They invited us to the concert. Man, we was backstad like that's college kids, you know what I mean? You got red man, you know you backstage with you know, a young John Rude d MX home and it was I was like, man, I thought he was gonna bring me on stage and ship. He didn't do that. You feel mean I was backstage. I was just waiting for my moment, like, hey, bro, you know what I mean, I'm big out here too, Doug bring me out on the stage. But when he showed up with the jersey, that was just everybody with nuts, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And so one of the moments that he kind of won the crowd over because he knew his jersey to wear.
Speaker 1: You feel you saved hole that night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, I took the whole team too. We had a uh, we had a nice little time.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We had no n I L. Bread, but imagine I couldn't imagine. And if we.
Speaker 1: Didn y'all had that legal bread.
Speaker 4: It's cool, you know, stocks and bonds on New Year's Eve, you talk about okay, see saying chut out and shaking hoot?
Speaker 1: Really well?
Speaker 4: What game were you watching and do you believe they are the best team in the NBA. Also, what do you think about SGA for m v p uh.
Speaker 2: What I was talking about was when I just said check, I said shaking, really who?
Speaker 1: And then I said chut out.
Speaker 2: The reason when I was thinking when I said shut out because I was watching that game and I was just like, man, this team is good. It's hand and chat out and chut out. Like I'm just sitting there like huh, like hut out and this good. It's crazy. And so that's what I was saying, and then shaking hoot really well, it's just like you know, you watched Shade. He ain't really doing nothing that's blowing you away, except he may make a move here, you know, Like it ain't like it's the most speed or the highest jumper, you know what I'm saying, or like the most flawless jump shot you ever seen. It ain't none of that, except he gonna create all the space he wants. Oh my gosh, he gonna get wherever he wants, He gonna get whatever shot he wants at whatever pace he wants to do it at, like it's crazy. And I was just watching I'm like, yo, this dude, like just simply put he who really Well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not about to sit here trying to break his down. I'm not about to go shaking hoop.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's just what I was watching him play against the Terminal Wolves, actually against and Man, and the way they came back in that game, it was just like so poised and like just watching Shade do what he do, I'm like, Wow, this is crazy. I can't say they're the best team in the NBA. That's Boston until someone proves otherwise. The best team in the NBA is the Boston Celtics, I think. I think, Okay, see it is real. Yeah, but until further notice, the best team in the NBA is the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 1: Until you can beat them and dethrown them, that's the best team.
Speaker 2: And they got the same team from last year, so it ain't like they won the championship and lost big pieces.
Speaker 1: Until you can beat them, that's the best team in the NBA.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 3: That's not always worked.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 2: Ah Man, Before we get out of here, I got five on it. Next up, I got five on it where BD discussed his five players that he's high on the start the new year. Who are your top five players in the league right now?
Speaker 4: Okay, we just talked about SGA man because he's just on the tear, you know this, and no particular order. I got no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no no. Is this order a particular order?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? This okay?
Speaker 4: This is my particular Okay, this is this is how the MVP like this, This is it. Number one, ain't no particular or s G a front runner Canada. Number two, Number two Joker just because.
Speaker 3: And ship.
Speaker 4: What else I'm saying, you know what I'm saying. Number three Tatum, which is kind of like a two because Joker do not want so many Tatum have an MVP year Boston, you know, just kind of like making that run. But the way he closing out games is like really on some like superstar MVP level type.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 4: Y yeah, Yanni is with just like it was because of he decided that he's going to turn the Minnesota Milwaukee Bucks around, right and like Giannis is back to Jannison, you know what I mean, and doing what he do. And then number five for me, is I would say a sleeper in this whole thing is James Harden. Look at what the Clippers have done up until this point in the season.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: The Beard is back, and I would say back better than ever. Taking that two years in Philadelphia as a playmaker would embiid and allowed him to like now figure out okay, now no, I to redefined his system and now it's working for the Clippers. And you know he's just still one of the toughest dudes to guard, you know, in that pick and roller.
Speaker 1: Right, So I.
Speaker 2: Am a system and I am Draymond Green and he is Baron Davis. And that is a rap in this episode of The Draymond Green Show. Would my dog beat here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the volume