Speaker 1: Some people think that it's easy, but when you know what your plan A is, there's no plan B.
Speaker 2: I have my days, ka yo yodo.
Speaker 1: I'm a big cry baby privately to say because in front of the people, I'm strong.
Speaker 3: We saw that in Loving Hip Hop Baby Yeah boy, no.
Speaker 2: Real cry mommy, You're a badass bitch. I thank you so much. I can't wait to hear my girls tell me a bitch.
Speaker 4: One day's happen.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna last forever. Can ciple that?
Speaker 1: And you have to think about your retirement at one point. I want to be able to chill and enjoy all the hard work I've done.
Speaker 2: So you guys are planning on getting married.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, thank you for flying with us on it in our own world.
Speaker 6: Ladies, gentlemen, Days and gaze. It is my absolute pleasure to welcome you today to in our own world. We are honored to welcome a powerhouse of talent, resilience, and unapologetic authenticity. She's an international sensation, celebrated for her groundbreaking work as a singer.
Speaker 2: Actress, and activists.
Speaker 6: From the hit show Love and Hip Hop Miami to global stages. She's used her platform to amplify the voices of Afro latinas changing societal norms and inspiring millions. She's also the dynamic co host of Desigualez, a talk show that delves into topics of culture, identity, and empowerment with boldness and humor, especially the humor beyond her artistry.
Speaker 2: She's a savvy.
Speaker 6: Entrepreneur, owning and thriving real estate portfolio and her own beauty brand, Eternal Beauty by Amata. As a mother advocate and trail blazer, she continues to redefine success, blending passion with purpose. Please join us in welcoming the radiant, unstoppable, ever inspiring someone I have loved since the day I met her, and I feel lucky to call my friend annas or as you know and love her.
Speaker 2: I need that card I'm taking, I am taking that speech and wherever they present, you have to read this. Thank you so much and such an honor to be here.
Speaker 1: I know that this this has been pending for the longest time, because we've always said I boy have anyway, and I didn't have a chance to. But God's timing is perfect. And thank you guys so much for having me today.
Speaker 2: We love you. And you guys love you.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be all form. Okay, the people don't know that we're actually friends friends.
Speaker 4: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, listen when you so we met.
Speaker 6: I met you at Red Table talking Stephan when you came on you guest and I was behind the scenes in the room with the producers and the directors, and I was like, that is my kind of bitch.
Speaker 2: You were raw, We're real.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It didn't matter the room or the people that were around you. I felt like you entered with your true presence and I really admire that about you.
Speaker 2: So it really is our honor to.
Speaker 4: Have you here.
Speaker 1: I ask you, thank you, thank you so much. And to be honest, you know what. Being so honest and being so you know, upfront, and being all those things have been a good thing and a bad thing for me too, you know. But I really appreciate the people that see the authenticity in me.
Speaker 2: Came in k I'm not a I'm not faking it. This is really who I am.
Speaker 1: And we've had the opportunity of hanging out and being into the spaces for for a minute now.
Speaker 2: But anyways, I'm just glad to be here.
Speaker 1: I have seen this spaceship for a while now, so I was like, they.
Speaker 5: Have okay, speaking of Oh here we go, I'm not talking about Dick.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking.
Speaker 4: About weird shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, not yet. Later.
Speaker 5: One thing that we really want to ring true today and why we love to have you on this couch is because to you and to everybody that you amplify.
Speaker 4: What you do. You are a boss bitch.
Speaker 5: You are somebody who paves your way, who is strong, powerful, talented, all these things that as a woman who was looking for a role model, you fit the bill.
Speaker 4: And then some Amen.
Speaker 5: My first question for you, which is maybe not so easy, because I want to talk to you about how do you become that woman? Which is the crux of the conversation that we're going to have. But I want to start with when was the first moment that you realized you had enough love for yourself to pursue this amazing career and how did you do so? How were you able to link your gift with putting it out to the world.
Speaker 2: Well, to be honest, it was my mom's fault. Really, my mom did it.
Speaker 1: But you know what, and I've always said this, I'm a big believer that there's some people that are born knowing what their purpose is, and there's other people that through life experiences find what their purpose is.
Speaker 2: I feel like I was.
Speaker 1: Born from a very early age knowing I was very sassy, very artistic. I was a type of girl that I would, you know, walk through the sail animals in the supermarket and I would just perform and said, I knew that that's what I wanted to do, That's what I liked.
Speaker 2: I always will say that.
Speaker 1: My mom has been my number one fan, has been my number one supporter, and everything that I am thanks to her, because if she hadn't given me the opportunity of exploring, you know, what I was good at, I wouldn't be here today. She never told me no, She never said hi, ass so and go study something else. She was like, well, if you want to be a singer, but you're gonna take singing class.
Speaker 2: If if you want to be a dance you're gonna take dancing class.
Speaker 1: And she exposed me to a lot of things that I think. I always talk about that with parents. It's so important if you see that your kid is gifted in something, don't come over here telling them what they need to be because you want them to be that. No, if they want to play a guitar, if they want to play the piano, if they want to guess, say you'll play with rocks, find out why and let them play with it, because you just never know. So I will say that I was naturally born with the gift. I always knew what my gift somewhat was. I did didn't know how powerful it was. And and then obviously grateful to my mom for being able to allow me to explore who I really was. Yeah, all those good parents that you know what I'm saying, support their kids, support your weirdos, exactly, support them.
Speaker 6: Is there anything you know when you would like go up to they ask you, like, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Speaker 2: Is there anything that was it.
Speaker 6: In the entertainment industry that maybe you wanted to pursue?
Speaker 1: I always from day one, And that's that's the hardest part because a lot of people start this industry thinking that they can they can do it, and a lot of them, if not most of them.
Speaker 2: Give up.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: And I started when I was four years old and I'm still here. And I'm here because you know, some people think that it's easy. But when you know what your plan A is, there's no plan B. You know, so there's never been like, but no, doesn't work out, I'm going to be I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a hairstylist. No is this is what it is, So plan B.
Speaker 4: It's the day that you feel horrible.
Speaker 5: You've hated your whole day, you don't like being on camera.
Speaker 4: You've had this realization that whatever, how do you keep going?
Speaker 5: How do you realize that at that moment when maybe you feel like I don't want.
Speaker 4: To do this, how do you find the will?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you a couple of tips, and I'll tell you my truth and a couple of tips. My truth is my mom has always been my biggest motivation because I want to make her proud. My mom. You know, as an immigrant to this country, I know how hard she worked. I knew, you know, my mom when I was like ten years old. She still didn't have her papers, and I saw her struggle so HARDY hinted they would make her work and not pay her. I saw her go through so much that I promised her eliya, okay, your boy, that I promise you you'll never have to work again. I'm gonna make you proud. I'm gonna make sure that all your sacrifices were worth it, you know. So I've worked really hard towards that to keep keeping my promise. Obviously, now I have my daughters, and I want my daughters to feel proud of me. I want my daughters to grow up and be like my mom was.
Speaker 2: That bit, Yeah, they are my mom was. My kids don't know who I am. I'm just their mom.
Speaker 1: But eventually I want them to look at me and be like, I can't believe that that's my mom.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But besides all those things, I have my days, Mundo. I have my days, Kyo yodo. I'm a big cry baby me too, ky yoyodo, privately to time, because in front of the people, I'm strong.
Speaker 3: We saw that in Loving Hip Hop Baby. Yeah boy. It's a different type of cry when you're by yourself, you know.
Speaker 1: But in those cries in the shower, yes, I cry, and I and I and I and I motivate myself. Being an only child, also, I'm accustomed to talking to myself and motivating myself. And I have to be in my own space and I also am a big believer.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: To give me the strength better, I listened to a lot of motivational apps, n or a motivational video.
Speaker 4: Give us one of them.
Speaker 1: Well, there's an app called motivation and it helped me a lot also during pandemic, because sometimes you just need the reinforcement of why are you here?
Speaker 2: Keep working? Nothing can stop you. Remember your purpose.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you need to hear that push because you.
Speaker 2: Get overwhelmed with things in life. You know it's too much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you mentioned your girls, which are some of the most beautiful little girls on life. They need to make like little dolls after your daughter's Well, how do you think that that's changed your perspective now as a mother?
Speaker 1: I mean I've always been very ambitious, and I've always been a hard work and I've always been determining those How I know for sure, like nothing that hasn't changed. Now has that multiplied most definitely because now I have two people that depend on me the responsibility and then when they look at me, and you know, before.
Speaker 2: My drive was my mom. Now my mom has like I live room my kids.
Speaker 1: So I would say, is that you know, they've definitely made me want to leave a better legacy. And I will say this just in case, you know, one day everything stays in the internet.
Speaker 2: One day my girls will see this.
Speaker 1: Mommy has had to do all types of things to make sure that you have a good lifestyle, to make sure that you have all the things and live in abundance, and all things that I didn't have, I want to make sure.
Speaker 2: You have them.
Speaker 1: I know that someday one day, when you Google me, you will see some things.
Speaker 2: And I don't want you to judge me, because.
Speaker 1: I paid all your diapers and your white and you're in you're private.
Speaker 2: School and all those things.
Speaker 1: So you know, sometimes it's hard because people can be very judgmental. And as long as you know where your vision is and when your purposes and what you're doing.
Speaker 4: You are a role model for me.
Speaker 5: And I have no doubt that your daughters will understand how much of a role model man.
Speaker 4: You know you are.
Speaker 2: I'm always in your zms like.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 2: I love you, I admire you like you are. You're one of the people.
Speaker 6: Social media is so weird because it makes you feel like you're keeping up with people even if you don't see them so often.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you're.
Speaker 6: One of the people that I follow that I'm like, I can't like experiate No, I wish, I wish in some ways, yes, but like I feel like I can like experience joy through you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I like I'm happy to see everything.
Speaker 6: That you're doing and already just just as a like a glimpse into the future. I don't think your daughters are going to judge you them and if there's anything like you, they're gonna say, Mommy, you're a badass bitch.
Speaker 2: I thank you so much. I can't wait to hear my girls call me a bitch.
Speaker 4: That's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trust me, I'm definitely gonna keep up with a Latino tradition. They're gonna know about that.
Speaker 4: Okay, traditions and Latino people.
Speaker 5: Something that we do very well, which you just touched upon, is build something for our children.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hear that all the time with my dad.
Speaker 7: Yes, gig wow, what an amazing thing to connect to as a Latino that our parents are just trying to make us better.
Speaker 6: It is true.
Speaker 5: But speaking of you just recently launched Eternal Beauty by a Matta. So my question is when you're launching new brands launching new things.
Speaker 4: What as your inspiration behind that?
Speaker 1: You know, my inspiration behind launching new things is I always say overall, I never want to die with anything inside. Oh say Joa, That's what she said, Every act, everything I've ever had in my mind.
Speaker 2: I want to try it, whether it worse.
Speaker 1: Or if it doesn't, I still had the guts to do it, And I meant, what about if it works? They say that the biggest the biggest projects, the biggest dreams, the biggest ideas, the biggest money is actually in the cemetery.
Speaker 2: There's so many people that.
Speaker 1: Died with so many amazing ideas and projects and things that they never actually bothered to do because they were afraid it wasn't the right time. I didn't have everything perfect, I didn't know, but you didn't try, And who cares if it's not perfect? Sometimes God just needs you to open the door of you trying and he will guide you and leave you towards what's the next next step. But some people don't even take the next step because they're afraid that they don't even know how to start. So but I mean, I'm willing to try. Its influ you know, I mean, see, you know onto the.
Speaker 4: Next Listen to this woman. You don't understand how valuable what she just said is let it go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Literally, sometimes we're waiting for perfection. There's no perfect time.
Speaker 1: If you have an idea, Okay, I want to do something that is right now, we're going to figure it out cause somebody knows somebody knows somebody, and just do it. You might not have the budget, it may not look better at first. You have to crawl, and then you get there. I'm telling you I heard this once and I always took that with me. In the cemetery is where all the biggest, greatest ideas lie on.
Speaker 4: Do you think that it's because of the ego?
Speaker 5: That's something that I grovel with a lot often, which is like, is it my ego that's not letting me failure?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fear of failure?
Speaker 4: Like, what is it? What is it that selps us?
Speaker 1: I think obviously it's a fear of failure. I think there's some of us. For example, I'm one of those that I'm a perfectionist, so I want everything be so perfect, befect. Then you don't end up doing nothing and you even realize three a year or two four when you think you never even did it. And I also think of society. Society has put so much more pressure on us today than many many years before, were it was okay to at least try, it was okay to at least start something. Now you haven't even started, when half of the world is already criticizing you for even trying. So, you know, I just feel that society has made it really tough on people to try to break through. But I admire those people nomal I always say, goot ye do it by pergetic.
Speaker 6: I admire that same same same because it takes a lot. It takes a lot to make that first step. You're mentioning society. And I have a question for you, and this was, you know, on the along the lines of what kind of drew me to you as a person other than everything else that I'm sure people already know and.
Speaker 2: Are seeing about you.
Speaker 6: But society has a long way to go in a lot of things. And you have been very vocal in the past, And if you're open to being vocal here please of course.
Speaker 2: About how I don't even know.
Speaker 6: Maybe we can start with my question mark, like, how do you even feel about the term afro Latino? Because write me from my perspective, I'm like a Latinos, a Latinos, a Latino.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you feel like you even need to add that, you know, pre pre.
Speaker 6: That part of it into it, yeah, or or how do you see just like in general representation of Afro Latinos in the media, behind the camera, in front of the camera, on TV, on our in our headphones.
Speaker 1: You know, some people have told me that why do I always use the term Afro Latino when I can just say I'm Dominican, or when I can just say Latin. Of course, exactly everything, But here's my thing. Unfortunately, because of society standards of beauty and because of society's stigmas of what a Latina looks like when you say Latina, the last thing you're thinking of is a person that looks like me exactly. So therefore it is so important for me to always amplify Afro Latina. I come from African descent, and you don't have to be as black as I am. You know, there's a lot of lighter skin Latinas that also come from African descent. They may not want to expose it or talk about it because it's not beneficial, or because they don't feel the need of like this doesn't really add to me. But mamma, let me tell you something that asks that you got, mama, where you think that came from?
Speaker 2: That came from us?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, certain certain aesthetics that you have in that DNA, we're in there, whether you want to admit it or not.
Speaker 2: Somebody is somewhere.
Speaker 1: So to me, it's important to always uplift and talk about that because unfortunately society hasn't really given us a lot of opportunities. And it's not they're like, oh, you know, you have the same opportunities as everybody else.
Speaker 2: Know we don't because and I'm gonna give.
Speaker 1: You a perfect example, the moment, and I don't like to generalize, but the moment a Latino gets a set with another on aff Latino, the first thing you're gonna say, and.
Speaker 2: You always have to put our color first.
Speaker 1: So even when you go to a job application, if you have if you have a dark skinned Latino, they has all the you know, they qualified, and you have a lighter, you know, skin tone person, automatically you don't get us in or think we all it's just our color always comes first. So to me, it's important to talk about it. And I mainly started talking about it because the entertainment industry, which just has always been my forte.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why is it that I don't see manyone talking about it?
Speaker 1: Not just talking about it, but when you look at our main networks, which is not that many, you can you can pick with one hand how many.
Speaker 4: People are underrepresented.
Speaker 5: Underrepresented in Mexico, which runs the Latin media, has no black people and anything they do. So Mexico get it the fuck together, righte the fuck now.
Speaker 1: But it's just not that part is the fact that they've also, you know, they've created an image of what Mexicans should look like, what they eat, what they do, what they.
Speaker 2: And everybody is not the same.
Speaker 1: So to me, it was just like, if nobody's gonna talk about it, I'm gonna talk about it because I can't believe like everybody sees it, but nobody has the guts to say it because nobody wants to get fired. Nobody wants to be like, oh, there goes that person is always talking about the same thing. So anyways, I'm glad that I was able to talk about it. I'm glad that I was able to be vocal. I'm glad that I've been able to be impactful. I'm glad that I've been able to open that conversation.
Speaker 2: You know. I'm glad that my voice mattered. You're doing the work that, like you said, a lot of people don't have the guts to do. Yeah, And I don't even think that it's for people who look like you. I think it's for people who look like me and im and just overall to be honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm true parents, Yes you are.
Speaker 2: It's like ghostly yea for real.
Speaker 6: Also like I got you, I got you.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 2: But I and I have this conversation a lot.
Speaker 6: I'm like, if I have white privilege, you have a lot of privilege maybe beyond but you know, yes, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: I know that she's so honest about That's the thing you have to be.
Speaker 6: You have to be real that you're not living in a world where I have privilege not because I have white skin, but because my mom is a pop star, but because by direction you have to You have a two parent household. You have a two parent household where both parents love you. Right then and there, you're like above like half the.
Speaker 2: Girl, that is that is so true.
Speaker 4: Which, by the way, how much do I tell you that I value that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, you don't know how much I value that.
Speaker 5: My parents are absolutely in love with each other in a weird ass way, because I've seen them be jealous. I'm like, oh, yeah, you're like a sixteen year old marriage.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. But that's cute though it is.
Speaker 6: But I do feel like, first of all, if it hasn't been said, or if you haven't heard of this before, let me be the first one to tell.
Speaker 2: You the human being who needs.
Speaker 6: The most protection and deserves the most attention in the world right now is the black woman.
Speaker 4: Yes, period, hands down.
Speaker 6: It must be really exhausting to have the role that you have to constantly be educating people on things that are such a lived experience for you.
Speaker 2: You don't know, I feel like I don't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't bother me to teach it, bothers me to be judged for teaching.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 2: Doesn't bother me to teach it.
Speaker 1: Bothers me that people will criticize me for teaching it, bothers me that people will criticize me for, you know, voicing a problem that everybody sees and when you talk about it is like, well, you don't have anything else to talk about. Well, oh, you're just whining or you're just complaining. You should be grateful.
Speaker 2: You know, you have athletes, you have you know you you you have an actor here there or whatever.
Speaker 1: And and it's like, why does it bother you so much?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: And and here's another thing too, there's a difference between when there's an African American activist talking about injustices and racism in their community and then when there's an Afro Latino talking about the same issues in our community. It's not seeing the scene, it's not given the same light of like to less unite it, to fight the power.
Speaker 2: It's like, I can handle here's this one whining again about it.
Speaker 4: You know, That's what I think. Let's call it what J said. It's like the minority of the minority of the.
Speaker 1: I don't like to generalize, but we do have a lot. We have a you know, we have a big amount. We have certain people that can be that way, and we'll cover it by saying that they're not or will be Like a lot of people are racist and don't know that they're being racist while.
Speaker 4: They're doing it.
Speaker 2: It's still racist, guys.
Speaker 5: The only that happens that I don't understand is that like white people wouldn't exist without black people. Like I'm sorry to just call it what it is, Like it's called migration science.
Speaker 6: Like do a little bit of research and it's getting scientific, you know, watching a lot of young.
Speaker 5: It's not about you talk about talk about.
Speaker 4: The history of humanity.
Speaker 5: Humanity, every conversation that we have only exists because a black person was alive, Like that is the history of the world.
Speaker 2: And I don't do some reasons.
Speaker 1: I don't expect us to get you guys to give us. Just give us equality and you know, don't make us feel as if we're not.
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: If anybody was being worth of putting on a pedestal, it would be you.
Speaker 4: You understand, well.
Speaker 6: Fault okay, because you're saying that, people say, oh, no, you're wanting you don't have other things to talk about.
Speaker 2: That's the joke.
Speaker 6: You are the prime example of somebody who has a million things to talk about. You just sat here like I'm a new voice for T mobile, Like come on, you have a million things to talk about.
Speaker 2: But that is something that needs to be.
Speaker 1: You know, what And here's one less thing before I because I can talk about this forever. But if something else about that is that a lot of people feel like, well that's none of my business. Well that hasn't been doing with me, or I can't necessarily relate. You can't relate now till your daughter falls in love with a black person. You can't relate now till your mother falls in love with a black person or so so a black person is related in your family, and then now you're gonna have to relate. So if you if you look at the way the population is going certain races, are you know, a.
Speaker 5: We're mixing, We're okay that we even have to talk about that is crazy to me. Like again, I know you say, which I agree. Okay, yeah, we should all be equal, but if we're looking at who started this whole fucking drama, then we should be the one.
Speaker 2: But it goes to it goes so far into history exactly say that.
Speaker 1: It's not all I'm saying is I want to be able to see more opportunities for people like myself overall judges based off our education of our personality, off that we can offer, and not just based off the way that we look and you can't generalize because we're not all the same. You know, go like there is white good people and bad white people. There's good black people and bad black people, and that's just how the world is. You know, overall there's.
Speaker 5: Good people and bad people, and you know what, you know what's funny, I don't even think that. No, after dating her and having all these weird lesbian I think I don't think everybody's good.
Speaker 4: I think it's a gray area. I think we have the propensity to change. I think we have the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some people, Okay, I don't know the reason. Would you want to cut them.
Speaker 4: Off like that?
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like what everybody deserves a chance?
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, so don't say some hard.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we have to go to the jail and find out that people have choices that have you know, done a lot of murders, a lot of terrible things, and see how good they could really be in.
Speaker 6: I don't even think it's about yeah, like I mean you're talking about like the worst.
Speaker 1: People, Yeah, like the worst people that we're talking about humanity, right, humanity?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not everybody's back.
Speaker 5: Like that's why listen that's where a lot of my thinking lies. It's like in humanity and people and killing and murder, like I've seen animals do some really weird shit.
Speaker 4: Like law is weird.
Speaker 5: Like I have a really weird relationship with humanity. But we're getting there, Okay, anyway, moving on.
Speaker 6: Okay, moving on, Okay, I want to I want to take it for like a positive spin that.
Speaker 2: Have there been changes that you've witnessed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, just even having just having these type of conversations is a positive, you know, move and like this.
Speaker 2: I saw that, you know, back back in a couple.
Speaker 1: Of years ago, when I was very outspoken publicly about the Afflatino community. I saw how the conversation started to row, and how people started to investigate, and how people were curious, and how you know, how some people well that didn't want to say that they were after Latino decided to be like, oh, by the way, you know, I'm Colombian or I'm you know, from Adudas or whatever. But the whole time, while being in the States, you were just trying to fit in with the African American crowd just to not feel like you were left out or whatever. I'm seeing more roles where they all have people that look like myself speaking Spanish and all those things are positive moves. Instead of making us sound like we're Jamaican or from Africa, African American. Let us be us because there isn't Latin country that doesn't have people like us. So are you really going to show diversity?
Speaker 4: Show it all the nuance, show the nuance?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 4: Okay? Speaking of nuance, So speaking of music, great segue.
Speaker 5: You surprised me with your musical choices because you know you do theater, acting all this stuff theater.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I said theater. I think it's just quit it at her hand.
Speaker 5: I know I'm a researcher and I've been researching that, but I would love to see you in a theater production.
Speaker 2: I mean too, That's one of my biggest dreams, your dad. I had to do theater at least once in my life to get it out of my sister.
Speaker 4: Hello, you need to write a musical about you?
Speaker 2: Oh you think? Yeah? I mean, would you watch it? I will help you write the music.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Put her make her do that, because she told you.
Speaker 4: I'm working on a musical right now.
Speaker 2: Listen, Emily is working on a musical to a Broadway play and the.
Speaker 4: Music is done. Baby, So I got you.
Speaker 2: Here's the evidence. Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. We would watch a musical about your life. But it's a unique story. Yeah, it's incredible. I think it's good. I think I could do it. I would love that.
Speaker 5: But I'm sorry, that wasn't my question. My question was as being a fan of your music.
Speaker 4: Your music changes, it is. I'm a musician. I'm gonna be real with you.
Speaker 2: My music is all over the place.
Speaker 5: I think that you can sing, and I love your voice. But your music changes genres and this and that, which is great.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: No, nothing happened. When are we gonna.
Speaker 2: Get more music? More music?
Speaker 5: I mean everything that you release is delicious. You come from Brazil, not necessarily I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: No, No, not you, your music, my music.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Why you don't like your music?
Speaker 2: Some music I just don't, I said, everybody is it? Emily talks about her first album, like what was I thinking?
Speaker 4: You're playing your music when you came in and what was I doing?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I mean I look at look at you.
Speaker 1: You grow, you evolve and change, sure, And to be honest, if I were staying true to myself, to who I am and the music that I like, most likely I wouldn't be doing a lot of the music that.
Speaker 2: I've put out. What do you listen to?
Speaker 1: Oh, don't judge you based on what I'm not gonna judge you because it has nothing to do with the music.
Speaker 2: I would say.
Speaker 1: But I listened to Afrobead, I listened Tota from you know, as I listened to Like, it's very broad. Like you know what I'm saying Tony Braxon.
Speaker 4: She said, don't judge me. I'm here listening listening to Oscar Peterson. Don't judge me. Okay, don't look at my.
Speaker 2: It's very broad.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is a lot of the music that I have done has been trying to please the crowd, has been trying to fit into what the culture somewhat says that it's the sound at the moment, not necessarily because it's my sound. Like you, you can't go from like Insecure, which is one of my favorite songs.
Speaker 2: To then going to like Yeah, to then going to like min It's like, it's like, it's very like but that's God.
Speaker 1: But then yeah, but then it's different where I'm singing. I feel like, when you sing sing, there's a very small audience that will pay to listen to you sing these days, and then there's a broader audience that will pay to shake their ass. So I am going to help you shake it.
Speaker 4: Can you do?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 4: You can?
Speaker 2: She's on her hustle, hustler and your passion.
Speaker 6: There's a bit of time, right, like, especially somebody like you have so many I've already hit that curve.
Speaker 2: Bolly, anybody got time to play you.
Speaker 1: Nobody got tap for that exactly.
Speaker 2: So that's basically what it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, So if you had all the time in the world, and you an audience didn't matter, and you had a fat budget okay, okay, all those things, and you could make one record that came from your soul, like really just like came from your soul, and it was a passion project, a love project. What kind of music do you think it would be?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I would I would fight in between doing an album close to like an album somewhere related to like Tony Braxton, and then I would and then I would be fighting to do some laying thea oh, I love her, you know, because I love that. I love rhythm, I love percussion, I love all of those things. So I would be fighting back in the days, you know, a modern version Fania. I would be fighting to like be in both of those spaces. That's what I really love. I love to shake my hands, I love all those things. But because I'm a natural performer, I'm a show girl, so I want to, you know, be Janet Jackson back in the days. So that's that was my passion. That was my goals growing up, you know, Donna Summers grow a gainer those ana. But then eventually I realize, because here's the difference. One thing is when you do things with passion and love because of what you love, and once it's one thing is once you get into the music industry and you realize that this is a business and how things and it's corporate and how things are they move and it's not really just what you want, is what all these other people agree that you need to do, And it's based off budgets, and it's based off percentages, and it's based off this, this, this this, and then you almost feel like you have just become a puppet and I went through all those experiences, and then that's where people are like, why aren't you doing music? Is a gamble suta and see what sticks. But there's no guarantee that you're gonna stick. And you'll be spending thousands and thousands of millions even of dollars behind a dream and a project that can guarantee you that you're gonna make.
Speaker 2: It, and you have mouths to feed.
Speaker 1: And now things have changed a little bit because now I have children, and it's like, as much as I still want to play this gamble game, you know, I have responsibilities now. So it's like I kind of have to pick not necessarily, which I've already been there, done that, and been screwed Manyana can can become a label or somebody because there's a difference between you doing it by yourself and putting budget behind yourself. Then when you have a monster, we're gonna take you from here to hear he and I do, and then I top you in half. And then and then people don't see this park is you're like, oh, I need there's super millionaire, but you don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah they got.
Speaker 1: Paid by Moha they see and yeah, they got paid two hundred one hundred thousand dollars, but there goes a record label fee, management fee, fly agent, answers, rehearsal spaces the dancers need to get paid for.
Speaker 2: When you come to see You're like in the Red people.
Speaker 1: Think people confuse fame with money, and later on I understoodama doesn't equal money.
Speaker 2: And then you see a lot of.
Speaker 1: People and the selling you this movie, this fantasy that they got it when they don't. The clothes they got to return it to the Stilce, the junior to the junior, the car, they said, don't eat that gambo with this, like a lot of things. They have lived in a mansion, but they're struggling to pay it, but they ain't gonna tell you, so you would never know. And they're, you know, doing bookings to bookings to bookings to pay things off and live a lifestyle that we are sold that you're supposed to live because you are famous or because you're the illusion. The illusion. So I've lived and learned so many things.
Speaker 2: Kiki Palmer is somebody that I loved a my or. She's hilarious, and she.
Speaker 6: Was talking recently about the fact that she is a Toyota parked at her in front of her house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I'm like, you know what, that's amazing. She's like, I live well below my means.
Speaker 6: I live well below my means, so that I'm comfortable, because what's the point of keeping up with this illusion that is not real? It's not actually attainable, and it's definitely not attainable when you're in the business aware in which really is a gamble.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm real tight. I'm not gonna lie right now. I haven't said this publicly, but that's gonna pay my bills. But right now I'm really really tight because I've decided to push and force myself as hard as I can right now to establish a foundation for my children. That means like I bought this new home. You knows too exactly this home airbnbs. I just brought this another property and I want to make sure I leave my girls set up that God for bid, Mayana, something goes really bad. You have a two million dollar house that you can sell.
Speaker 4: You have there's such a.
Speaker 1: You know, things that are our youth doesn't really talk about, is you know, creating an estate plan, you know, having a trust, having all those things prepared, set up, you think that you're gonna live forever.
Speaker 2: A life insurance does something. All those ships that as latinos.
Speaker 1: For the most part, unless you come from money, no one teaches us these things minorities. We don't know about these things. We don't know about having life insurance and being able to use the money we don't.
Speaker 5: Speaking from somebody who grew up as an apple baby, I didn't know about that ship being real.
Speaker 2: With you and don't have the city stand though.
Speaker 1: It takes it takes us to break the generational curse and do better for you know, for what it's the first.
Speaker 5: Step as a parent out there listening to somebody so amazing, What would you say is the first step to be able to.
Speaker 1: Get an accountant? Get an accountant. I don't pay no bills, by the way, I'm an accountant.
Speaker 2: Shut out to Todd. I love you, Todd. Get an accountant because sometimes you.
Speaker 1: Think that you know what you're doing, but you really don't don't and sometimes you spend more than you should. And I think it's important when you have an accountant that can meet. Yeah, that's too much. Now we're gonna get you know these fifty thousand and we're gonna invest it in this, and now we're gonna get this. Twenty we're gonna put that, and now we're gonna get this. Yea, you don't even need that. Those big numbers. You could do with a thousand, five thousand dollars and then next thing, you know, I think that it adds a lot of us are not thinking about it's not gonna last forever, and I just and you have to think about your retirement at one point. I want to be able to chill and enjoy all the hard work I've done. I no, no, that later on, but right now I get you know, I see a lot of people like, oh, I want to party now because I'm young and this is my time to live it up and later on to figure out, No, it's backwards.
Speaker 2: Now it's hustle. It's great time now, and then later on, you don't want to be, with all.
Speaker 1: Due respect, you don't want to be fifty sixty, seventy years old still working.
Speaker 2: No, you know that's not goals for me.
Speaker 4: Listen to all the respect for people who do.
Speaker 1: All the respect for people who do battle, dam being for people who do. Advise those that are coming up, get you. You really walked that path. Oh, get your shit together. Don't do what I did, because you're gonna end up over here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So yeah, guys, please take a moment right now if you're listening, because as I'm listening to this amazing woman and sitting across from the woman that I love so.
Speaker 1: Much, I.
Speaker 5: Took a moment and I was really like wow, Like, sometimes you have to be present and take advice from people who have the means to say so. Amada has been somebody who every time I see her, she's working. Yes, every time I see her, she's working towards the goal, even if that means shifting, which I think is valuable. We've had conversations where you've said, you know what, I thought this was the vibe, but I changed my mind and I'm going to try this now and that's what keeps you the person that you are. So listen to her. Or we're going to go on a quick break and we'll be right back and have a couple of questions left ladies, germs Germaine's dromones. We are back in our own world from that very needed break because I'm sweating, and when we were on the break.
Speaker 4: Trust me.
Speaker 5: We talked about shit that I mean you might hear in a bonus episode.
Speaker 4: But we'll see. Okay, so we've got a little insight on that.
Speaker 5: Gem has a couple questions, but also Amada has a couple of questions for us.
Speaker 4: So where should we start? You want to ask your final questions?
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's my thing. You said that in the spaceship, I can be myself. Yeah, I can be free and I can just be open. So you guys have opinion getting married?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: I just want to know you.
Speaker 1: Guys have been together for the longest time, and to be honest, these days, it's so hard to see a stable relationship for as long as you guys have been in a healthy relationship, because I'm sure everybody goes through their ups and down door and mind, nobody's perfect, Bato, and you keep thugging it out because of love is real. So do you think it's important to do? Have you ever considered it? Would you do it? It's something that you really don't care for. What's your vision on marriage?
Speaker 5: I feel like I need to answer this just because of where I've been positioned in this question. I might reply to but there are males and females, and then there's male and female energy. And for whatever reason, people have attached me to being the person that's going to ask this woman to marry me.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it out loud. We have been married. I love you. I know that. Obviously we're going to get towards that piece of paper, but we put in the work. Yes, you have.
Speaker 5: So so when people ask me that, I know, I get a little apprehensive and nervous. And I'm sorry about that because, for real, the reason behind it is because I'm ashamed of myself. Okay, She's like, shit, I shouldn't have asked that question.
Speaker 4: No, it's okay. It's just that I feel like.
Speaker 5: The woman who deserves to answer that question should be on the other side of somebody who's ready to ask it. And the only reason I haven't is because I'm not ready, not because of her.
Speaker 4: So I just want her to.
Speaker 2: That, Okay, Okay, okay, Well so what's your life?
Speaker 4: Main things? Awkward?
Speaker 2: So what's your favorite food?
Speaker 1: Yeah? O, my god, okay, I get it. You know, I only ask because I'm funny enough, you know, when I see you guys, as much as you admire me. You know, you can't have everything in this world, and you can't have your cake and eat it too. Some people say you can, some people say you can't. Unfortunately, because of the experiences that I've lived, I feel that maybe you can't have your cake and eat it too. And some of us are blessed in different things that we may not have everything. And when I look at you guys, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm a little envious. I mean, I don't have no girlfriend. But what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Of the love that you guys share, of the fact that no matter how good or bad things have been, you guys have been willing to thug it out and stick it through. Because most people these days, a moment shit get is hard, they leave, they bounce, And no matter how hard things have gotten between you guys, you've decided, you made the choice, you made the decision that your love is stronger than whatever it is, and you're still there for each other. And some of us, you know, haven't been able to ever found You know, I haven't found that connection. I haven't found someone that has been willing to love me so much that no matter how hard things have gotten.
Speaker 2: They there there were willing to stick to stay.
Speaker 1: Because yes, I'm very ambitious, and yes I'm very driven, and yes I want a lot, but I don't what's the point of having all these things. I would love to have a partner, you know, to share those things with, to.
Speaker 2: Come home to, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get to have that. And the same thing, some people wish that they had children and they don't get to have that. And you know, some of us may not always get everything that we want. So I only said it because you know, I I see it and I wish that I had it, And maybe you're right. Sometimes it's beyond a piece of paper, to be honest, it's beyond that. Yes, sometimes as women we want it because it's a fantasy.
Speaker 2: It does. It's a fantasy, at least for me. I don't. I don't care so much about the paper because you ain't taking my ship. You got me all the way you think you're gonna get everything. I've worked so hard again because too hard.
Speaker 1: But I will say, you know, sometimes it's just about the partnership, the companionship, and I pray and hope that this year I am able to find that that balance, because everything can just be work it's like, yeah, every time we see you're working. Yeah, I've almost managed to ignore certain things of my feelings by just making myself busy and working a lot.
Speaker 2: For sure, you escape it. I think that love.
Speaker 6: We were having this conversation yesterday about two people that we know, or one person that we know who is in.
Speaker 2: A new relationship.
Speaker 6: Okay, and they just started dating less than a month ago, and like, like lesbians.
Speaker 2: Love to u haul, they're already living together. Okay. So when I spoke to this this this friend of ours, she's.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm sorry, No, you're right, I feel the same way.
Speaker 2: Okay, and they'll say how they thank you.
Speaker 6: So I told em, you know, she was like, oh, you know, she says that she's so in love, that she's so in love.
Speaker 2: If she was really in love, she'd be terrified. I don't think that love is about finding This is my humble opinion.
Speaker 6: I don't think love is about finding the perfect person, or even finding a person. I think that you make a choice. I think that people who are in a relationship and things get bad and they leave more power to them. I I come from a family of a single mother who had different relationships. When I was younger with incredible men that I am honored to have shared the time that I did with them, because she put her children first and she was on her search for love until now she's found.
Speaker 2: The man that she's married to.
Speaker 4: Much.
Speaker 6: I love you, but I am I applaud women or men who leave relationships and no longer serve them no matter what.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you are somebody who wants.
Speaker 6: A relationship, who wants somebody to witness your life.
Speaker 2: Then you need to step away from.
Speaker 6: The romanticism and recognize that love is a practice.
Speaker 2: It is a daily ritual, it is a daily choice. Yeah, it means.
Speaker 6: Wow, I really don't like you right now. I don't even like you this season. In fact, I don't even know who this is because this is not the person Emily and I have been through twenty two when.
Speaker 2: We started dating. Between we're so different, we're new people.
Speaker 6: But every single and I tell Emily all the time when we talk about the marriage thing, I'm like, baby.
Speaker 2: I don't even care if we get divorced.
Speaker 6: I think I just deserve to be your first second and your wife for first.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, you have. She's been an amazing I don't look at people and me, and they're.
Speaker 4: Like, how's your wife? And I say she's great, because I love you.
Speaker 6: I love you, no, and and and I want to speak to that too, you know, to the piece of paper. But I think that for me entering a marriage, it would be a decision where I would hope for longevity, and I would want longevity. But to me, it's more about like that commitment, that making a decision to center to build a life with you, whether that is for fifty years.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 6: I can set out to be married to you for fifty years and get hit by a truck and die tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I don't get two years into our marriage. It's the truth. That's the thing. I don't look. I don't see you. I don't I don't see I don't see you guys dying.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see you dying.
Speaker 4: One and true.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't see you guys separating. Thank you. I see you guys together forever. I think that you guys.
Speaker 1: Were blessed to find that perfect connection, that perfect match that is so hard to find.
Speaker 2: Me and that like I heard what I've heard, I've heard.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I've heard that the streets.
Speaker 4: But I'm sorry to be a little gay right now. But mean, though.
Speaker 1: It's terrible you're in these streets, I can't they just want no, no, no, I'm sorry. They get a little intimidated. Oh I'm sure they get a little intimidated. Gorgeous, but don't say what's happening?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you just said it. You just said it. And I'm not a man hater by any day, Oh I am now, But I do think.
Speaker 6: That the average male, not all of them, but the average male who hasn't actually been in touch with their femininity, because I think that's what most men lack. See a woman like you and they're terrified. Yeah, they're like, wow, what I'm.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be the provider. I'm supposed to be there.
Speaker 1: Because I would not say any of my bills, telling me twice I ain't spending one dollar, to be honest me. And I also think that things changes, well once you become a mother. For sure, now that I'm always going to be a mother first and then I'm going to be a woman. So I'm gonna make sure that my girls are taking care of you know what look at Yeah, you know? So dating now changes a little bit. But like I said, you know, I think that talking always about love and relationships and things like that, and even sex is always one of those topics that people are always so interested in listening to because everyone is out here trying.
Speaker 2: To figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no guidebook on how to find the proper love or the proper relationship or whatever.
Speaker 2: So I always like to ask, you know, people they have good experience listen.
Speaker 6: Like you said, I come from a single parent household where I was very much the older sibling, and where like I had a lot of freedom, I had a lot of liberty, and.
Speaker 2: I learned a lot of things on my own. Yeah, Emily was.
Speaker 6: The last child, the child that was preyed upon, and I was the accident.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 6: With two parents who absolutely love her, were always present, always around, we.
Speaker 2: Could not have been raised more.
Speaker 4: Shout out to them, by the way, Yeah that love. Like I'm eternally grateful for the way that I grew up like gay, Yes, yeah for sure, for sure.
Speaker 6: But we we we've been we're still figuring it out.
Speaker 2: We're still figuring it out.
Speaker 6: You know, It's there's no I could I would be a hypocrite if I sat here in front of you or in front of anybody, And I said, I could write any kind of manual love.
Speaker 2: It's just a choice that I make daily.
Speaker 6: I love them so long as I wake up every single day as I have for the last almost eight years and seen what I do in her I'm still here now.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, the interview has I love it. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: Because you guys have started this project together and I see that pretty much. I'm sure you guys have individual lives but still come together to do many things. Where do you see this podcast going? Where do you visualize your next step would be? Where do you want to take this? What's the evolution about this?
Speaker 4: Let me call it Enrique, and that we do this because we love it.
Speaker 5: We have a daily battle with ourselves, which is like what are we willing to share?
Speaker 4: What are we not?
Speaker 5: Because privacy is valuable being You don't want to be the person who all of a sudden is in the public eye. And then that translates to oh, just say all your you know what I mean, You don't owe anybody anything. That's true, But we're living in a world where unfortunately, even people that are not in media are connected on social media.
Speaker 4: It's a thing that we often see. To me, I'll speak for myself.
Speaker 5: It's a privilege to be able to have an outlet where we can talk to people like you and have amazing conversations. And honestly, this is what I really feel. If nobody ever saw one episode of our podcast, I would still be equally as proud of it because I've learned so much in these conversations with these people. Akau No well like all the other people who have been you know where I've been. That it's something that adds to my life therapy as a human being, and it's a privilege to be able to say that somebody like iHeart and Enrique and Michael da.
Speaker 6: I used to have exactly how You can still go listen to the episode check them out on her YouTube.
Speaker 1: That's right, maybe one day that will happen again. In the meantime, you know, I can't you have an empire to write, I can't.
Speaker 2: Be I try. I love it, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's be real.
Speaker 5: We're living in the world, which we talked about this like, we're living in a world where you know, I'm in music gems in fashion and we're able to do this. But Amada is a revolutionary in what she does. She's a boss bitch. So I hope that if you listen to this podcast today, you understand that you're in a presence of an amazing woman. And whether you're a woman, a man of the way, whatever is happening out in the world right now, please listen to this human being. Because I'm telling you this. I've said it a couple times during the episode. Every chance I have to listen to what she has to says, I feel better for it.
Speaker 4: So thank you.
Speaker 1: This has been a really good To be honest, it's been a really good episode. I think that we've gotten you know, so much out there. I always say that I pray that God can put words in my mouth to connect with the people that listen, because I always also say that God can't come to tell you things, but he'll put words in people's mouth for you to listen. And I hope that my message, my words have been able to inspire or touch someone's heart to get their ship together.
Speaker 2: Yes, so with that baby right here, that beach.
Speaker 5: So there's one more in our own world tradition which we're gonna break which is where we report the news in space, and it's called Everybody.
Speaker 2: Your one like, and it's called space news.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So we have this single segment where we report the news in space.
Speaker 4: The first half of always Right. The second half is always right space news.
Speaker 2: Okay, Right, here.
Speaker 4: We go, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: First off, Mars may have made it's two moons by ripping an asteroid apart, all right, begging the question, why in the folk are we trying to get near Mars.
Speaker 4: If it's ripping things in half? Thank you so much, all right.
Speaker 5: Next, a new mid infrared image from the James Web Space Telescope featured the Sombrero Galaxy like a Mexican sombrero. All right, name that after the Mexican sombrero, also known as Messier.
Speaker 4: One O four M one O four. The signature glowing Core gave it its sombrero name because it's wide and you know emulated. Go ahead, not meybe, because I'm a stick.
Speaker 5: But what really makes this galaxy special is the giant bottle of tequila and the tamil it can be holding.
Speaker 2: No, I have no idea what you said, but I'm gonna go with you. Because I love you. Whatever she said, there's a tamal.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Earth bound asteroids could be tracked more precisely with a newly discovered math equation. Imagine we can literally decide when asteroids are coming to Earth. But in other news, now we can know exactly where to avoid the impact zone, and then we can die slowly and painfully over the course of a few days in a post apocalyptic Earth.
Speaker 2: So I have a question, where do you get this news from?
Speaker 5: Well, so the first half of the news is real, and then the second.
Speaker 4: Half you.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just asked them seasoning to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this has been spaces all right, guys, thank you listen.
Speaker 2: This has been real. This has been fun.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate it. Thank you guys so much for having me. Thank you for being open and honest as well with me, because I was open and honest with you, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what to say.
Speaker 4: Oh follow me, I was getting that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Go check me out, and like I said, I hope I can come back. And then also on my YouTube channel forever.
Speaker 2: She's blogging.
Speaker 1: I'm blogging, amongst other other things. You know, I am on love and Hip Hop Miami that airs every Monday. I'm also on Dessy Wallace Monna through Friday at three o'clock and I'm also the voice of Papa.
Speaker 2: John's and Metro by T Mobile.
Speaker 1: I also have Internal Beauty by Amada, also Los Woryal Twins Empire, All my real Estates, Airbnb's Go check me Out, and I am the mother of who my haestat Lo's Woryal Twins. And I'm sure I'm gonna come up with more things later on in life, So anyways, go follow me.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, So I'm like.
Speaker 5: You don't have anything else to hear about that, but you can follow us on In Our Own World pod on Socials.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Amada, We love you so much, love you way too long.
Speaker 5: To have here, and You're welcome anytime, and you listeners, We'll see us next week on In.
Speaker 4: Our Own World podcast. We Love you, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: By Launch.
Speaker 6: This podcast is brought to you by Moonflower Productions in partnership with Iheartsmichael Do That Podcast Network. For more podcasts, visit the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.