Speaker 1: Welcome back. It's a brand new episode. This is Laugh with Me, a podcast with Jeremy Oda by Beer Oh Jo. It is the Friday Happy Hour, end of the week. Time to crack open that first Friday beer an unwind from the week that was. This week, We've got special guest. He's been on the show many at times. He's my brother Kyle Odum. We're gonna call him to so he's not he's not live quite yet, but we're calling me here a second. Here's what we're doing. We had the Tiger King Joe Exotic calling in live from prison earlier in the week. I know he's got some thoughts about it, so we're gonna talk about it and uh, just kind of unwind from the week. So let's uh let's get the fellow a call right now. Let's see what's up.
Speaker 2: Yo yo. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I wish I could say I've been working on it, but I absolutely have not.
Speaker 2: Well, that was pretty president, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I was just doing the intro for Friday Happy Hour and I was just saying, it's it's Friday Happy Hour, we're unwinding. It's from the week that's been and this week I had the Tiger King and Joe Exotic calling in from prison, and I know for a fact you've got some thoughts. I've got some thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be I thought it would be fun to talk about it if you're down.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's do this.
Speaker 4: What you got?
Speaker 1: First? First thing? I first thing, if you remember, like, because I know you've listened to the episode, and I thought, and I just saw it literally seconds before he called. I saw on his Instagram it said day two thousand, five hundred and three of being wrongly imprisoned. And I thought, okay, well, this is It's on his Instagram. I don't think he's running the Instagram, like I don't, you know, I and I he kind of made that clear because he had no idea what I was talking about.
Speaker 2: But it is clearly, but it is.
Speaker 1: He's his official Instagram. And I thought, what a way to kick off the conversation with you've been in prison for two thousand, five hundred and three days. In hindsight, that sucks, right, Like why if you're.
Speaker 2: Going to hear that? Thanks for reminding me.
Speaker 1: If you've been in prison for twenty five hundred days, you probably don't really want to be reminded of just how long you've been in there.
Speaker 2: Oh, He's like, yeah, and it's been awful everything on one of them. Thanks Jeremy Glad I called you.
Speaker 1: I know, I felt so bad. I instantly was like, that was a mistake, little way to kick this off.
Speaker 2: I got the vibes that he didn't even know what Instagram was. He's like, oh, is that what they put up there? Yep? All right, well I guess I've been in here. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I tell you that's fair because he was picked up in twenty eighteen, and who knows. I mean, I'm sure he didn't even have an Instagram then, so who you know. He obviously was on top of some things online because he had an online TV show, you know he did.
Speaker 2: He was on the internet, his choice, hold on his own thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe all right.
Speaker 2: So remember, no, I never heard of this guy until Netflix.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know so and me too, like I've and much like probably most of the people in the world had never heard this guy until twenty twenty when the Netflix show came out. But it locally, you know, in his like in his world, he had his online show where he would read Carol Baskin's diary and and update people on what they kind of documented a little bit of that. Yeah, so he's he wasn't unfamiliar with the Internet, and he wasn't unfamiliar with like memes and and things in that you know sense. But he probably has no I mean he even say he has no clue how big he is. But he has no clue that like the world of social media today and just kind of how it wraps are it's our world, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no idea, but here's the deal. So he made a big impact, right, that was the whole thing. The whole world's talking about it. Yeah, but now it's gone.
Speaker 2: Right. But he's like, okay, listen to him. He's like, yeah, when I get out of here, I'm gonna buy one of them. Okay, let me back up. He's like, I got no money to see these people. I got no money to do any of this, right right.
Speaker 5: And then he's like, when I get out, I'm buying one of them Trump five million dollar gold cards so I can move my husband to America. It's like, homie, you have five dollars, Like, where are you getting this five million dollars?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: So and that goes back to like I was telling him, you know, it's like, dude, thirty four million people watched The Tiger King on Netflix in the first ten days of release, and they had a season two. How many documentaries do you know get a season two and a season three? So on there's Yeah, it's not really about him, it's about it's about that guy, doc Annel that just got sentenced to a year in prison for animal trafficking, and he's in you know, the first two seasons. But it's more about like his world, but still the brand itself. Oh yeah, he hates all those people. But but yeah, like I think he's banking on I get out of prison. I have incredible value to my name, or at least he believes he does, to the point that he can sell, you know, certain rights to stories or he says he's got three awesome movie deals right now on the table, but he needs to be out in order to make this deal work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's not out. So he's been in there for how long do we say, so he's been in years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, more than that. He's been in since twenty eighteen. He's on a twenty one year sentence.
Speaker 2: How far back is twenty five hundred days. Okay, so twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: So you got a wild guy fifteen years Like, what do you who's this is wild?
Speaker 2: He's gonna yeah, We're gonna make a movie when I'm eighty. I don't know, man, Well, playing is kind of a whack.
Speaker 1: That's if you're basing it on. He's gonna service twenty one years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. We've got the pardon situation on the table, where he feels that he was wrongly accused, that there's a lot of evidence out there now where the witnesses are backtracking the things that they said in core or on the record, and that the president is going to give him a full pardon and he's gonna be out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, that was one of my favorite parts of the thing. I feel like he here's the deal. He thinks that he's innocent.
Speaker 5: Like, if you watched that thing, you know his feelings on Caroll Basket. He straight up is hiring folks to kill her. Yeah, Cecainly He's like, he's like, yeah, I'm gonna get pardoned. Proceeds to name off the worst folks in the world and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, they're gonna get me out of here. It's like, dude, you are what is happening right now? What is happening?
Speaker 1: He does have the like the ear of the core people that you would think of when you when you think maga.
Speaker 2: You know, do you think that's real though? Do you think like people are actually like those people? Do you think they're like, we got to get the Tiger King out. That's just what this comes down to.
Speaker 1: Well, it's tough. Who knows who knows how like active they actually are in you know, you only get the president's ear for what seconds probably if you do, you know, yeah, And then is Joe Exotic the name that comes up when you do have his ear, But they definitely get asked about it, Like you can find press clippings of you know, the press asking these very people about Joe Exotic, and they are certainly aware of what's going on, but that doesn't mean that they're actually actively you know, working on the behalf of the Tiger King to get him a pardon?
Speaker 5: No, And are they asking that in the year of our Lord twenty twenty five? Right, maybe twenty twenty maybe twenty twenty one, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you catch my beeal juice joke.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was like lost on the bed, like I don't know anything about it. Okay, you were like, You're like, she really likes beal juice and he did. It was now he was like, okay, I get brag.
Speaker 1: I did not think he would get the joke. So it wasn't necessary. It wasn't for him. It was for the audience. But so Lauren Bobert she a couple of years ago, she was on a first date and she went to see Beetlejuice the musical, and she may or may not have been caught doing something inappropriate to her first day while she was watching the show.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, now knowing that and now he's just like, okay, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so man, that's uh yeah, So that's I never thought he would get it, because you know, he's probably the amount of information he gets, I mean, it's very minimal, right.
Speaker 5: I would think. So, I don't know, we got to do an investigative. How do they get How much TV can they watch to day? How can they how much can they read what's going on in there?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I mean he wrote his book. He has a book. I didn't talk about the book on the pod, but he does have a book out, and what do you do that? Well, I just I knew I had limited time. So that's the other thing. I didn't know how much time I was going to have with him. I just knew I had until they cut us off. So it ended up being fifteen minutes. I didn't know I had fifteen minutes. I thought I could have seven, I could have eight, Like I I didn't know, right, I just knew it wasn't going to be a lot. So I had a list of questions I wanted to get to as mini as I could. I wanted to ask follow ups where appropriate. But I also knew I had limited time. So the music, to me, was more important to talk about than the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you turned to the music. What's that all about?
Speaker 1: Have you? You mean? His music is a big part of the of the documentary Tiger King.
Speaker 2: Where's Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I was just so interested of is he writing more music? Is this something he wants to do outside when he gets out? Is this something he performs inside for his for I almost said classmates, for his for his inmates, like for me for the prisoners, Like is this something he's doing and he's entertaining the masses inside? I mean it sounds like that is a hard no.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh no, yeah, I just I was intrigued by it because I just imagined sometimes all right, it goes back to Seinfeld and the finale, the Seinfeld finale when they end up in prison and then the very like the very last scene, Jerry's doing stand up you know, for yeah, that's fair for the population. And I'm just like, do entertainers do that? Like is R Kelly performing, you know, like in prison? And they're just like, I can't wait for this week's R. Kelly concert, you know, like I don't know.
Speaker 2: We just found out that's a definite no.
Speaker 5: And you did you hear his his answer that you're like, you're on new music And then he goes on this thing and then when he comes back, he's like, actually, I'm writing it and send it off to my girls out there and they just put it in the AI and it does the music and the vocals. So like this dude's writing like three lines of words and he's calling that writing music nowadays?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: I know? AI just think of the kind of stuff he could get out there right now if he was out and he had a to do a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's a scary thought.
Speaker 1: Oh he'd he'd be a monster, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I want some Carole Baskin songs, So I get that. I'm ready if the world is ready.
Speaker 1: I think if I hit the hell k as hip part, like all right. So I asked him about Doc Annel and he he was very open about how that guy's getting what he deserves to an extent, he's only got one year. He's he's like almost jealous of it, you know, he only got one year, whereas Joe Exotics in there for twenty one. But like, it does seem like the people around him that were in that documentary Tiger King, they were all involved in something, yeah, and they're all starting to now. It's just all kind of catching up to him in one way or another. Man, I'm interested to know if Carole Baskin, who seems like the cleanest of the bunch, but there's all that rumor and inn window that she killed her ex husband, so who knows.
Speaker 2: She definitely killed her husband. She's definitely a terrible person. Here's the deal.
Speaker 5: When you're dealing with folks who own actual tigers, everything is sketch. No part of their life can be queen. Everything is all sketch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's oh so funny story. So I had, you know, I'm doing research for the for the interview, So I'm watching Tiger King right and uh, Branden. He comes in and he sees that there's like these people that just have tigers, and he's like, holy cow, you could do that. Is that the guy you're going to talk to? Can we get tigers? And I'm like, we are not getting tigers, Like this is not a thing. Did you not catch the part where he's calling from prison, like this is not happening, dude.
Speaker 2: I love You're like, you guys are just having an interview. He's like telling us stories. Whatever's Like this call is that's my favorite? I love.
Speaker 1: I debated. I'm like, do I take that out? Like do I edit that out? Or is that kind of like sets the tone for what is actually like because there is a reality to this, Like he's you know, he's a re reality TV personality of sorts. Yeah, but but there is reality to this, whereas the the consequences of his actions that we saw unfold, you know, in twenty twenty with the Tiger King or why he is where he is right now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, that was great. That was great.
Speaker 5: And you gotta understand, when you hire somebody to kill somebody, you're going to jail.
Speaker 2: And not only are you going to.
Speaker 5: Jail, you're gonna be in there and you're going to be somehow sad that somebody else got a lesser sentence. You're just gonna completely ignore that you hired a human to kill a human and be like, well, that guy only got a hear what is going.
Speaker 1: On here, right, you know? And so and one of the guys, it's uh, I forget his name, but he's in the documentary and he's one of the people that worked for Joe at the zoo. But it's that guy, you know that they kind of chronicle like that he you know, allegedly paid to go down to Florida wherever and try to kill Carol, right yeah. And one of his stances right now is that that guy allegedly lied, you know, in his in his testimony or whatever. And that's some of the facts. But I was when I was reading about the case. He also made uh pay. I don't know if he made payments or offer to make payments to somebody to go do this murder for hire to and undercover FBI like agents. So yeah, what even if this guy, Yeah, that's tough. That's tough. So I don't know what more he has, and I don't know what kind of lawyer like team he's got because that's not cheap, right, So.
Speaker 5: Well, he has five dollars, so his lawyer team cannot be very good, although they could be doing the game where like they're actually great lawyers because they know at the end of this thing, hopefully they'll get paid.
Speaker 2: So you never know. You never know. But here's the deal.
Speaker 5: It's really not fair that he's in there for twenty one years because he's just fixing babies faces.
Speaker 1: So he does that's.
Speaker 2: Just fixing babies faces. I don't know why they're broken, but he's fixing them.
Speaker 1: That's the part that a lot of people are forgetting is that he did do a lot of good and he did this way before any of the criminal things. He was fixing babies faces, you know, helping families that couldn't afford that kind of medical procedures. And then he also fed the hungry quite often.
Speaker 2: He said on Carol Baskin, cut her up.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, She's still alive. So that's the he probably would do more of the good. You know, when he gets out of prison. I would think, Johnny, we have solved all of your holiday shopping stress, your needs because the holidays will sneak up fast. But it's not too early to get your shopping done and actually have fun with it. Uncommon Goods makes holidays shopping stress free and joyful with thousands of one of the kind gifts you can't can't find anywhere else. Uncommon Goods looks for products that are high quality, unique and often handmade or made in the United States. Many are crafted by you independent artists and small businesses, and because they're made in small batches, they are the best fines. But they can sell out fast. Johnny, what I found here, And I'm telling you, Johnny right now, if you use a promo code, I'm gonna tell you that in here. In a second, this is what I want for Christmas. Okay. Uncommon Goods has a recycled skateboard display stand, so it looks like a skateboard. It just sit on your desk sit on the bookshelf. I can put my laptop on it. I can work on the show, Johnny, I could be working. I could do your job frankly, and uh, look like I got a little skateboard. I got a little skateboard to work off of, which you know I love.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: Even though I'm getting older, I too love a good skate But this recycled skateboard is so cool. And it's just one of the many unique items that you can find on Uncommon Goods. It has something for everyone, from moms and dads to kids and teens. From booklovers, history buffs, eric talking about you and diehard football fans to foodies, mixologists and avid gardeners, you'll find thousands of new gift ideas that you won't find anywhere else. When you shop at Uncommon Goods, you're supporting artists and small independent businesses. Many of their handcrafted products are made in small batches, so shot now before set. They sell out this holiday season, and with every purchase you make at Uncommon Goods, they give back one dollar to a nonprofit partner of your choice. They've donated more than three million dollars to date, So shop early, have fun, and cross some names off your list to day get fifteen percent off your next gift. Go to Uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me. That's uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me for fifteen percent off. Don't miss that on this limited time offer Uncommon Goods. We are all out of the ordinary. Johnny. If you haven't told everybody this is how you're doing your holiday shopping, you really missed the boat. I mean, that's what That's why I told my family.
Speaker 2: He was just, what are you gonna do out of prison? Fix more babies faces? Okay, all right, that's cool.
Speaker 1: It's smart on his behalf, though, to just if that's the question, you know, what are you gonna do to get in prison? And then instantly hit the the goodwill things you did before, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like, that's that's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta get the job done.
Speaker 2: Dude. That would have been awesome. That'd have been a great answer.
Speaker 1: Actually, he was, you know what, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know he's been in there a long time at this point. I didn't know if we were gonna get a beaten down. You know, he's sick, you know, he's he's a special treatment facility for cancer right now. So I didn't know what we'd get or if we get a guy that was hopeful, energeticche and just kind of felt like the day is coming soon when when he's gonna get released. I was happy I got the opportunity to ask him if he's on the Epstein list. That was good. We got that out of the way.
Speaker 2: That was hilarious. I don't even know who Epstein is.
Speaker 1: All he knows is that that name is in the news and it's not good for Trump. That's all he knew. It is not good, sir, oh man, what a what a day?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: He's man, it sucked because like the call just abruptly ends, right yeah, and then I'm like, well, dang. I was enjoying talking to him, like I need more time, Like where'd you go? Like I just I was left wanting more.
Speaker 5: Well, in fifteen years, you got to send alarm fifteen years from now he's out.
Speaker 2: You gotta be like, Joe, you're my guy. We talked, let's talk for longer, yep, do this.
Speaker 1: I did email him after and I was like, hey, man, you need to call in and you want to go back on laugh with me. You let me know you are back, Like that was that I didn't get enough, you know.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: I like when you're like, you know, we find out he's remarried or whatever, and it's like.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. You fell in love in prison. He's just like, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: You don't know where it's gonna with. Love's gonna hit you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sir, we don't know what happens in there. We'll tell us.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I missed it that his his new husband was was released from prison and then immediately deported, Like I must have missed that whole thing. So then I go back after and I'm reading about it. Sure enough, it's he's in Mexico and he's doing the work for Joe. He's trying to get Joe pardon and get the word out. And then and Joe I've even seen. He's willing. He's like Trump doesn't want bad people in America anymore. Great, I'll buy my own ticket. I'm heading to Mexico. Like he's ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pardon me, and I'm out. I'm out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he's uh, he's he's pretty honest about it, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: He is he is. I liked it. I liked it. It makes me want to check out his book. He's an interesting guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah like that one. Oh so what I was saying about the book is, uh, he he wrote it while he was in prison, and he used his thirty minutes of computer time a day in order to write the book. So it was quite the process.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But that's uh, at least that's what you know. He said. So he he has. Yeah, so he's got a book out. I don't know anything about it other than he's got a book and he used his thirty minutes a day to write it. That's all I know.
Speaker 2: That's that's the info. You're gathered this book all you know.
Speaker 1: That's all I know. But we should learn more about it.
Speaker 2: For when we have the follow up interview years.
Speaker 1: In fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like it. I like it. Oh yeah, you I need to know. Did you not hit up Carol Baskins Instagram and.
Speaker 5: Just shoot a message and be like, hey, I got this podcast if you would like to come on.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's a hell of an idea. That's a hell of an idea.
Speaker 2: That's what I bring to the table here.
Speaker 1: I think I think I should have you know what, and you know what's great about Carol, She's gonna have more time. Oh yeah, and right, so yeah, you know what, great idea, cop I am going to hit up Carol Baskin and uh now that's that's kind of my goal is to care.
Speaker 2: Going down here, you know, taking on the world. Yep, one one Netflix star at a time.
Speaker 1: That's right awesome. Can you imagine thirty four million people watching your watching your show your life in like the first ten days of a release about it?
Speaker 2: Like, that's insane, that would be crazy. I wouldn't I would crumble. I would curl into a ball and never come out of my house again.
Speaker 1: Like how many hundreds of millions by now have seen this story and everything they know about you is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 1: It is wild, It really is.
Speaker 2: I can't even think like that. I can't even think that big. That's crazy. Gosh, we got to get.
Speaker 1: A Netflix show, we really do. What what would we call it?
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out. Just to dudes, all right, that's that about. I don't know two dudes.
Speaker 1: All they do is talk about the Tiger King.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll come up with a better Now.
Speaker 2: That these shows. I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it turns out they put a lot of work in the TV shows, like they don't just come up with it on the fly, burn a podcast.
Speaker 2: I thought it just kind of happened. I was I was wrong. Today's the day I learned, folks, I got smarter.
Speaker 1: Uh Joe exoticofficial dot com. If anyone listening wants to find out more information about him, or even to donate, because he's he's using the money that he raises from the website to help with his own expenses inside and then also to help with awareness, to help get that pardon.
Speaker 2: Cool? Do you hate that book on there?
Speaker 1: I think you can.
Speaker 2: Can you get an autographed book on there? Oh?
Speaker 1: I highly doubt it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to smuggle it in, sign us, smuggle it out.
Speaker 1: It's the whole process. If you know a guy I don't know, maybe maybe find a guy I don't know. There's always that guy inside that could just get things.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's a guy that can bring in books, get them signed, get them out.
Speaker 2: You know, I got we gotta find out about it. We gotta figure out how to do this. If he's not doing this, just.
Speaker 1: Sink how much money he can make if he could actually figure that out. Because you're lawyers, everybody like you're gonna buy the book, right, I'm probably gonna buy the book. If that's the case, I gotta I gotta check it out.
Speaker 2: We're all in now, all right.
Speaker 1: Final thoughts on The Tiger King Joe Zac on Laugh with Me.
Speaker 2: I freaking loved it. I did not know what to expect. I think I told you. I was very frightened when I first saw load onto my phone. It was awesome.
Speaker 5: I kind of want to go rewatch the Tiger King. I want to see how that goes down. Gotta see him get not pardoned, Gotta see him putting in his time, get out, go to Mexico, buy some sort of weird gold card for money that he doesn't have, and then get back.
Speaker 2: I want to see how all that works out. I'm invested now, I'm invested. There you go.
Speaker 1: Joe's got a new fan in Kyle all from his call in on Laugh with Me. I I do don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's like a curiosity.
Speaker 1: Okay, not all right, that's fair, you know, I didn't. I don't think I fully understood that the the video coverage was from a mostly footage that he was having filmed that Netflix purchased or the producer's purchased, and then did the interviews and testimonials at things after he's in prison. I don't think I when I watched it, I understood all that, and I don't think I grasped that even after. But then when he's talking about it, we'll shoot and I go back and watch, like the first couple of episodes, I'm like, Okay, this is like a whole different spin on it now, knowing that all these people are talking about him, knowing that he's in prison right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I never thought about that either until he said that. It's like, what some thing you got to think about? Who who did he put in charge of his estate? And that person obviously signed something to just release all his stuff.
Speaker 1: They sure did.
Speaker 2: It's not good. It's a mess.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's the South. That's the South, baby, you know, that's the South.
Speaker 2: That's what we're doing in the South. Eric knows about that.
Speaker 1: Eric, Yeah, he knows all about that. He's uh, he's as far north as you can get right now.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, He's like vacationing in like North Dakota or something.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, that's yeah, that's the tip of the tip of the earth there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all right, well, thanks for calling in and giving us your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for calling Get more, get that, Carroll Baskin. Yeah, I'll do the recap. I'll do the recap. I'll answer the phone.
Speaker 1: It'll be great, awesome. I'm I'll work on it right now, all right, see it later. But yeah, that's uh, that's Kyle, and uh, he's not a fan necessarily a Joe exotic, but he is certainly very intrigued. Now, I did just brought up that Eric is on vacation. So Eric, you know, he's been on the show many a times, as often as just a couple of episodes ago, and he's he's in like North Dakota or something like that. But anyway, Eric is called in. He left me a voice memo. I have not listened to it yet, so I have no idea what he's gonna say, but we're gonna listen to it right now and just see how vacation is going.
Speaker 7: Hey, Jo, this is this is audiologue number one of my grand tour of.
Speaker 4: Really two states.
Speaker 5: But all the states.
Speaker 7: Tonight, I'm in Fargo, North Dakota, and you might be asking, where is Fargo.
Speaker 1: Well, it's way fucking.
Speaker 7: North, Like it's all the way north, and don't give you it with the movie. The movie happened in Minnesota. There are no people getting wood chippard in Fargo. Spoiler alert for a movie that was twenty years ago. So tonight I proceeded to go to a bar where I played blackjack, and you might be.
Speaker 4: Asking yourself, hey, how does one.
Speaker 6: Go to a bar and play blackjack?
Speaker 7: Well, in North Dakota, you can play blackjack at a bar. The bar just can't run the blackjack table. The blackjack tables run by a charity, whether it's Boys and Girls Club of America or it's you know, the Salvation Army. Somebody's running that blackjack table and collecting the profits, and the bar is just selling you the drinks. So in some ways, in retrospect, when I look back at tonight's actions, I'm very charitable because I proceeded to set down one hundred dollars on their fine black check table, and I proceeded to leave with none of that money. Which it's a bad it's a bad.
Speaker 6: Omen for a couple of for a couple of reasons. Number one, you never want to start a vacation. I mean, this is going to be the first of perhaps twelve travelogs that I'm going to be shared with you, and I do not want to start with a loss. And number two, how can I have any confidence gambling after this point if I haven't won?
Speaker 8: Because you know, as much as we talk about the strategy of gambling, winning is so much better than losing, and especially when you're at.
Speaker 4: These tables where perhaps you have lost.
Speaker 3: Uh you know what, what what fountain of luck is the.
Speaker 4: That just you have that one gambler there that's.
Speaker 6: Just they're too drunk to play, or they're too dope to play, and they just happened to always at that Ace nine or that you know, not even the perfect blackjack, they just happened to like just luck into it. So at the table tonight, I had that, I had that that that bimbo himbo guy sitting all in the left, he's playing two hands at a time, He's not paying attention at all.
Speaker 4: He's constantly happened to be reprimanded by the dealer to just pay attention, just to wave his hand over his pair of faceguards. Yet this guy is just raking it in.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, you're truly playing by the book, probably maybe, but playing you.
Speaker 4: Know, very straightforward. Nothing, can't can't catch a card.
Speaker 6: To save my life, drinking, you know, Budweiser after Budweiser, trying to rejuvenate that luck and nothing. But there's for a good cause, so you know, perhaps there is something to that question when he's heavy on my mind though, am I going to be able to get up tomorrow morning to spend the day with my family and then go to a casino a bar in North Dakota and do it again?
Speaker 4: Chances seem pretty likely. Well, do you know how it goes?
Speaker 1: There? You go Eric's first trouble log on vacation and he's losing his ass at the blackjack table at bars. Which is an interesting situation that you can just walk into a bar in North Dakota and be able to grab a seat at the table and have them sponsored by local organization. It's kind of like so like here in Omaha over Fourth of July, you had fireworks tents everywhere. You know, everybody's selling fireworks. You had to pick which one you want to go to not based on the deals that they were offering, you know, by eighteen or buy one, get eighteen free or whatever it is. No, this was like go to this tent because it supports the local library, or go to this tent and it supports the Little League team that plays down the street. Like it's just stuff like that. It'd be crazy if you walked up to a bar in North Dakota and you walk up to the one of the tables and it's like, hey, all winnings or all losses in your case, Eric go towards fixing kids' faces. Courtesy of Joe Exotic the Tiger King, Like, don't you think that would be cool that you knew even if you lost, even if everything that the house won that night went back to fixing kids' faces, that'd be pretty neat. That'd be pretty neat, all right, Well, thanks Kyle, Thanks Eric, and thank you Joe Zada for calling in earlier in the week. This is the Friday Happy Hour. Enjoy your weekend.