Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama, Girl Drama, Girl, all about them.
Speaker 3: High school queens. We'll take you for a ride.
Speaker 1: And our comic girl sharing for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama, Queens of Girl Fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drahn the Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 4: You guys, we have accomplished all of seasons one through, said.
Speaker 5: Good Lord, Like actually recorded the last episode. I I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know how to feel like I like, it felt like I could finally take a deep breath, because because every single week it was, oh my god, I gotta tell that story, Oh my.
Speaker 5: God, we have to relive that.
Speaker 4: And there's obviously, like so much good stuff that was in it, but it I would have to kind of psych myself up every week. And this was the first week in years at this point that I've been like, I don't have to I don't have to divulge shit today, prepped today, I was like, I'm just gonna eat a smoothie bowl.
Speaker 5: I feel good today.
Speaker 3: I want to have breakfast and talk to my friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, easy. Do you guys get psyched out when we have to like dick in.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you know, what I will say is strange. Yeah, it depends on the episode, especially if we don't remember what's coming. Yeah, but what definitely has felt weird these last few weeks I think is knowing, like for me, the thing that's been not hanging over my head, not like it's a bad thing, but like the elephant in the room is knowing that that scene you in the comment driving away, you know, Peyton, her husband, her baby. I was like, and then and then what, Like, it's such a weird feeling knowing we have more to do and that you literally rode off into the sunset. Like I was like, I don't know how I.
Speaker 5: Feel about this.
Speaker 3: It felt weird for us, then it feels weird now it's weird, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, strange transition, right, really strange cilical weirdness.
Speaker 4: But what's so different this time around is that we have fan feedback this time around, and we I mean there were like message boards and stuff, but there was no real social media presence to get immediate reactions of you know what people were saying. I don't know that that would have been good for my health.
Speaker 1: Thank god there was when I say thank god there is, would not I don't think I would have fared very well.
Speaker 3: It's hard enough now and we're adults too, had to deal with the onslaught of social media when our prefrontal cortexes weren't even formed yet. I think I would have just been like and I'll see myself out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I just remember like the just Jared headline coming Just Jared was so mean and they were like Jed Hillary think they're too good to return to Tree Hill. And you know, now everybody knows what was going on, but that one, that one like stood out as really like, kind of how do I defend myself against.
Speaker 5: That that's not true?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's I think that's the hardest part of that world. No matter what, you kind of can't. And when you realize that sites like that literally make money by being mean, by whipping people up into a frenzy, by creating judgment like you're just one person, you can't possibly defend yourself on even ground with the whole Internet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know that better than anybody.
Speaker 3: I mean, hello, I think it's why it feels so scary now. I think it's why like I've I've absolutely snapped on your behalf graves ladies, and like y'all have snapped on mine cause it's like, uh ah, you're not gonna do that gross thing, but like you also kind of can't stop it. There is another person from that era who's a blogger who was just being so gross that I finally blocked this blogger and now all they do is write the things about me, and I'm like, we are in our forties. How bored do you have to be?
Speaker 5: Also?
Speaker 3: Like, how sad that this is still what you're doing.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The rest of us are busy.
Speaker 5: I'm not that busy. You're gonna tell me later time.
Speaker 3: Now, the internet is just gross.
Speaker 1: But who knows how that would have affected the storylines too, because you know how rabid our creator was about making sure that it was you know, he was dipping into our personal lives.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 5: So the fact that.
Speaker 3: He didn't know that you were like, I'm just gonna shake my head and not finish.
Speaker 1: That point, I stopping the sentence.
Speaker 5: We'll move on.
Speaker 1: Don't be mean and joy, But I'm so glad that we didn't have that, because you know, the storylines would have been changing so fast, they would have been just whatever the mood was of the audience of the whatever the loudest crowd was. And I'm glad that at least there was some sort of insular situation where everybody could we could still like, we could still write things in a room together without worrying about instant feedback.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a you know, blessing and a curse because this go around, being able to tell the truth and talk about all the behind the scene stuff, it has been cathartic, Like I feel understood in a way that took fifteen years to get here. I mean, my son's fourteen, so it's been fifteen years since I just kind of had to swallow this pill of disappearing. So this has been extraordinary. But we know from the fan base that this behind the scene stuff is so important to the fan base of One Day to just like the culture that's popped up around the show. You know that our fans can hear that stuff and still be in the game with us is great.
Speaker 3: Well, and when you talk about the fact that it's like it's a blessing and a curse, like the coolest blessing I think of social and of I mean this sort of tech change we've been through in general. A is that we get to do this podcast. We can be in three different states and see each other every week and have these conversations like we couldn't have done that fifteen years ago. The fact that we have been able to talk about the episodes but also learn from that instant feedback that it is actually the lessons, it's the behind the scenes stories, it's it's the context that has been the most sort of healing and empowering for all our friends at home too, Like we would have never known that in real time, So that that feels like a pretty big blessing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so valuable to be able to and packet now with everybody.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it has made our conventions and our get togethers so different and like rewarding in a way because we're all doing therapy together.
Speaker 5: To that point, we have reached the end of my behind.
Speaker 4: The scenes experience on the show, and so I really started to question what I brought to this, but also how we keep that storytelling alive and important. And so as we head into seasons seven through nine, it was important that we introduced a new queen who could take over for me. I'm still gonna pop in here and there, but who represented the same things that I've brought to this show. So we were looking for a queen who.
Speaker 5: Was kind of bitchy, like m maybe costs too much, someone we're smart, someone who doesn't like feelings.
Speaker 4: We were looking for a paytent two point zero. And as we looked at season seven through nine and our co stars, who you know, we love and we get to see all the time through conventions and other events, ladies, we arrived at a really good new addition to this show, don't you think so?
Speaker 1: Short?
Speaker 5: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: And the fact that we've been able to talk about these sort of three pillar characters who then became these you know, three pillar relationships. It feels very cool that you know, somebody who really does become a pillar, who I won't say filled your shoes, that's not possible, but who certainly walked in with a great pair of their own and figured out how to shine on our show.
Speaker 4: Like quite possibly one of my favorite humans on the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, stellar.
Speaker 4: All right, you guys, let's bring in the newest drama queen.
Speaker 5: We won't teach you anyone.
Speaker 7: Wait, oh honey, hold on, I always.
Speaker 6: Do you all not wear queen costumes when you record each episode?
Speaker 4: Oh? Oh, Robertley, how long have you.
Speaker 6: Play? Minutes? I had imagined this every time I listened to an episode. I always imagined you all putting on different queen costumes. And now that I think about it, that would require you to have over one hundred different queen costumes. That's unrealistic or.
Speaker 4: Just one that we were committed to, Like I would love to know evil Queen from Snow White.
Speaker 5: Which queens you thought we were.
Speaker 6: Great? Question? Diving right in? I gave this a little bit of thought. Hill, you are definitely some sort of queen of darkness, well, I mean queen of hearts for so, I feel like you very much are a big heart and for joy Joey. I only know about two queen's fictional and nonfictional. So any queen that was very cool and multi talented? You know, I would say, like Queen Elizabeth, But honestly, I don't know anything about her.
Speaker 5: She did stuff and she lived a really long time.
Speaker 6: How about this one, Queen Latifah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm down, Sign me up, you guys.
Speaker 4: Rob voice here, babe, we really did.
Speaker 5: You're gonna wear this for the whole episode?
Speaker 6: Right? Please? One thousand percent listen. There's actually a non zero chance I just keep this because, first of all, I tried this on yesterday and I have never worn a proper dress, and I have to say I'm loving the experience. My legs have never experienced freedom like this before. It amazing, truly it is. I like the way this hugs my arms. And before my son left this morning, he told me I looked beautiful, and I said, you know what, buddy, I feel beautiful. So maybe Dad Da keeps this outfit.
Speaker 3: This personifies exactly the point of what we're doing here, because as we introduced you, I'm going to bet a lot of people weren't pegging that it was going to be Rob. They probably didn't think it was going to be a dude. And what feels really really cool and special to us is you exemplify in such a beautiful way the like seamlessness of our One Tree Hill family, like you were one of our very best guests on tour, or the audience absolutely died and lived for you.
Speaker 5: You did two cities, Robert I did.
Speaker 6: I even asked if I could join the third and said, we're good down here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was more that flight is sold out. But thank you so much for offering. We probably should have just put you in the back of the with us.
Speaker 6: Oh you know, I would have been there. That was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could have just given you a seat, just just a little seat and a mic in a peanut gallery like you. I would love to have heard your comments throughout the entire Yeah, maybe just a seat up in the corner with you little glasses on. You could have just like a little.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll be your Andy Richter. I'll hang out in the wings and you can just toss to me when you need a breather. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who was what's his face? Is Letterman's guy?
Speaker 6: Paul Paul Shaeffer s.
Speaker 5: You're bigger than that.
Speaker 4: Now you are a queen an official, and I couldn't be happier. I will never forget I was pregnant with Gus. It was like the summer. Oh, it was like five months after I left.
Speaker 5: The show and Daniel called and.
Speaker 4: Was like, Hillary, I'm sitting here with a boy version of you, and she put us on the phone together, and so I didn't know what you looked like. I was just like, who the fuck is this guy that the Daniel's making me talk to.
Speaker 5: We talked on the phone for a while, Buckley, like it was so weird.
Speaker 4: But now you're one of the only humans I can talk to the phone. I guess I don't talk to animals on the phone. So yeah, you're one of the only like creatures I can talk to on the phone for any length of time because you're fast. You're fast, and you're funny, and you're kind of a dick, and I think that's fun and I think the show is going to benefit from all of those qualities.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for saying that, and thank you for even inviting me to be a part of this, because, as I told you on tour, uh I was. I'm so happy. I root for all three of you individually so hard. Anyways, you're my friends, but I'm also a fan, and so anytime you do something, I'm behind it in it. And to watch this thing just take life the way it did and just blow up the way it did and should have. I was so excited for you so to get to come on that tour and be a part of it because I had a similar experience as Austin right where y'all had been doing it for a while, and I found myself going, the phone hasn't rung yet, that's okay, that's okay, And then I eventually realized, oh, yeah, you didn't come into season seven. There's absolutely no reason for you to be there. So getting to do the tour it was so cool. And when this first came up, when Hillary first texted me about it, I was in the car with my wife and I told her and she said, this is the perfect thing for you. And I thought, oh, because I'm just quick on my feet, but I can also be deep. And she was like, no, you are such a drama queen. The other day we were walking, we were walking with my son around some storefronts and I said, on ironically to myself but out loud, mmm, I smell a day spa And she said, write that down. You are perfect. You are such a perfect mail drama queen. This show it's a fit. It's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Next thing, you know, you're gonna get all bougie and start wearing like diamonds and like, are you gonna get your nails done? Are you a door ready?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, I have some questions. I mean, first of all, is there an apprenticeship. I feel like it's a bit presumptuous for me to come in and call myself a queen.
Speaker 5: Well that was the tour. We really we were vetting you at that point. Oh okay, Yeah. We play a long game here on drama.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 3: We we do things kind of like you know when the when like the president has to pick a VP and you find out they've been watching you for like a year and seeing how you behave in you know, big public spaces. But also like on the late night dinner runs.
Speaker 1: We did that with you.
Speaker 3: We kept a notes file. We had a point system.
Speaker 6: Which which one of you is going to have the white smoke coming out of their chimney to announce to the world of drama queen's fans that a new queen has been Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: No, I live in the Witch House. It's you know, it's Hillary black painted house. And surely there will be a bonfire at.
Speaker 1: Midnight passing the torch.
Speaker 5: We'll drink midnight Margarita is gonna be blast.
Speaker 3: You will come in this outfit obviously.
Speaker 5: Weekly will be in our druid cloaks.
Speaker 3: YEP.
Speaker 6: True story about this little backstory. I wanted this one from the jump. As soon as I knew we were doing this, I thought, oh, this is the bit I have to do. It's so obvious. And I order it, and yesterday I get an email no. Two days I get an email saying, hey, your shipment's delayed.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: And I have to say and it's tricky because it's not just it's a random guy costume. It's a woman's costume that I have to find in a plus size, and so I'm frantically looking. I'm at Jenny and I never get dated. It's we're on a date night and I'm at the table. She was like, well, you got to find a new costume, like I sure do. And the only one was was a Queen of Hearts one, and I said, it's it's a little it's just kind of just like a slutty outfit. It's not like I need this to I need to be a visually so clear immediately what it is. I ordered it anyways, because I thought I at least want to have an option. It was terrible, but yesterday involved me just trying on ple ema.
Speaker 4: Tell me that you just put on the sludy Queen of Hearts outfit for Jenny specifically.
Speaker 1: Please tell me you took photos of all of them.
Speaker 6: I tore it before I even got my second arm in, so it was very clear that exel wasn't gonna work. But I Jenny did sneak a video of me, Oh we need I came out of the bedroom in this that one.
Speaker 5: She's gonna send that to me. I'm texting her now.
Speaker 6: I'll post it to share with the world once this comes out, because that feels right. It does it does feel right.
Speaker 3: Can we make it like slow mo but to the rocky music and then you could go into a song from Wicked. I just I'm building a montage in my brain right now.
Speaker 6: Listen, I hear the director coming out in you and I love it. Run with it. Let's go, Rob.
Speaker 4: If you ever need a witch costume for Christmas this year, my manager gave me a costume from a very famous drag queen. So in my office right now, I have a huge hat, seven foot tall room and a men's grown up size witch dress with your name on it, so you can be a queen of darkness.
Speaker 6: No one does costumes better than a drag queen. Drag queens do the best costumes, so you could have found this somewhares.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is your name all over it. We need to talk about though, like the lore of One Tree Hill. Because you coming in in season seven, our show had been on the air, we didn't really know what people would say about us, but we'd run into people at the Teen Choice Awards and they'd be like, oh, Tree Hill kids, right, Like.
Speaker 5: What was word on the street for all.
Speaker 4: Of you beautiful people out there in Los Angeles about like the Tree Hill kids? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I Ei, there was no word that I was aware of. I knew of the show wet Yeah. No, Because you also have to keep it in when it's it's the sample sets a little skewed Because I am not one who really ran in a actor heavy tea gossip crowd. I always kind of tried to distance myself from that, so I'm not a good go to person for like what the buzz was on anything. I think I went to one club when I lived in LA for fifteen years. Like I was uncool when I got to LA, So I was never hipped to the tee. But when the audition came in, I just this hood is killing me. I know. By the way. You gotta love that. I thought, you know, it would be great for an audio Yeah, I know what plays great on an audio only platform? Rob visual gags.
Speaker 4: Hey we're on YouTube video now baby, Yeah, this is gonna live.
Speaker 6: I have a question though. I knew that, and I went and I saw and I opened one and it was audio only. Are there are there ones with video now?
Speaker 3: Yes, they're coming.
Speaker 5: What is it started in season three? Is that where video shows are?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 3: This is one of the things we learned in the feedback from our lovely friends at home. They were like, hey, we know there's videos somewhere because you guys are on Zoom and we were like, huh, we probably should have planned this better, probably should have been recording four K. So we began to get our act together, just not immediately, which you got to be honest.
Speaker 1: Tracks for us, yeah, oh yeah, we're just like excited to sit down and like meet on popcorn and talk to each other, and suddenly we're like, oh wait, people actually want to watch this too. We should whoops.
Speaker 6: I gotta say yes and no though, because you three are so savvy and smart that I was shocked because when it initially came out is right when this all started becoming a possibility. And then the Instagram account said we have a big announcement tomorrow, and I text Hillary and thought and said, hey, that's what's what's the big announcement because we barely started talking. Yeah, am I should it always be about me? And then I found out no was that was coming into YouTube and I had this moment going, huh wait, why has it not been on YouTube? Because I would watch the snippets on the Instagram and just assumed you obviously have a full length Why is it not? Because I love to be able to watch the people I'm listening to listen, I would have known you don't wear queen offits every day. Stopped me from coming dressed like you don't get invited to the big show and not wear your nicest outfit.
Speaker 4: You're knowing to me in a new tone, my friend, Yeah, more costume the better.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean you came from the world of business. You were like a math nerd.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, I studied. I got my degree in economics, and then I went I got hired right out of college and I went into economic litigation consulting, which is as boring as it.
Speaker 5: Sounds Yeah, can you wear costumes at that job? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, I'm happy, and I'm okay to tell you I was not good at it. They hired this firm hired two people my year. They hired myself and I met the other candidate on our first day, and Ohana what's her name? And she was a double major from Caltech in mathematics and computer science underachiever. I genuinely had a moment of going, did they have a quota of Caucasian males that needed filling because I'm here, I'm not dumb, I'm this smart guy, but that level Caltech double major in those things. And then I saw the work that was happening. The one I could tell myself was because I kind of talked my way into the job a bit. I just said, it must be that she is the person who will crunch the analytics, and I am the person who will pitch it or tell it, share it with the.
Speaker 5: Client, because you're an actor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because it didn't. It was on dated collar.
Speaker 1: The math wasn't mathing.
Speaker 6: The perfectionist in me, which you know I'm trying to let go of, is just dying that this thing. But I'm going to embrace it now. I'm more fixing it you guys.
Speaker 4: Rob has fixed this collar once every twenty seconds. I want a whole just Instagram reel of Rob collar corrections on this episode.
Speaker 1: That's what I want, Mension, the snow White Queen constantly correcting her caller throughout the entire I mean, we need to do a movie where you play the Queen in Snoway and you're just being comedy Rob. I would I would definitely buy tickets for.
Speaker 6: That, And wouldn't it be funny because that would be the best character choice because it might explain why she was so angry?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But also, for those of you who haven't checked out the Drama Queen's YouTube channel, great opportunity now to go onto YouTube dot com Drama Queen's like and subscribe and tell us what you think of this adorable outfit while you're at it.
Speaker 3: We were made for them, made for this, honey.
Speaker 6: I have a quick question.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to derail your question who I'm with you, but I do have a quick question regarding you perks as a drama queen. First of all, can I add that to my Instagram bio? Now? Yep?
Speaker 5: Yes, definitely done, Hondo. It should actually be the first thing listed.
Speaker 6: It's going to be the only thing listed. Actor, not Dad, It's just going to be drama queen.
Speaker 4: That's how your son should refer to you when he introduces you.
Speaker 6: I'm no longer Dad, I am dadad drama queen or just Dad queen at at the DMV, can I can I cut in line.
Speaker 1: If you're wearing this costume?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably they would let you in this outfit.
Speaker 6: Can I vote more than once in elections?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Do I get discounts at Jampa juice.
Speaker 5: I feel like you could talk your way into that.
Speaker 6: I'll figure out the perks as we go, guys. I was just curious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 3: This is actually a phenomenal opportunity for a Drama Queen's Dairy Queen crossover.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 5: Why don't we have that endorsement?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'd like a blizzard perhaps perhaps a Blizzard machine.
Speaker 5: I did you know what robit?
Speaker 4: I want?
Speaker 5: Poor dogs y'all ever had?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they're the best little softicer with that chocolate dip that hardens just that much corn dog.
Speaker 6: Yeah, getting back to what you were saying, Hillary, I was sort of in the dark. I just knew it was very popular, beautiful people, and that was it. And I got the audition for it. The character wasn't very fleshed out at the time. It was just Nathan's agent, and so I read I think for it was actually what I read for our boss and it went well. And then the callback was for our boss and his right hand man, and it was funny because the boss was hyping me up before it. Oh, he's great, and his right hand man was like, enough, let's just see it great. And I proceeded to just go up on a line about so there was to forget my line. Audience, Yeah, two lines into this thing, so on the heels of probably a sixty second, this kid's great. It was like, how are you doing? Line? And I just remember thinking, this is wow. I'm normally a lot better than this.
Speaker 5: Did you say that.
Speaker 6: I'm normally so good? You guys just hire me and then you'll see. But I got the job right, and I remember, Okay, I always want to do my homework. So I immediately went to best Buy. I got the DVDs of you Know, Seasons five and sixties, right, and I'll never forget. This is God's on this truth. It was Saturday night or whatever, and there was a UFC fight, so I had a bunch of my I'm in my hometown. I'm back at my parents' house. I have a bunch of my hometown buddies. Come over. We get pizza. We watched the UFC card. It ends kind of early, like what should we do? And I said, Hey, actually, guys, crazy idea. I just got this new job. I need to start doing homework. If you want, let's hang out and let's just watch this thing. Let's just see.
Speaker 5: Let's just brow out on some tree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a bunch of you know, twenty eight year old dudes who just eat pizza and beer, you know. And so everyone starts, we start watching it, and it kind of already laughing. I'm like, oh, I'm gonna get roasted for this. I hope I like this, you know. And it starts and it's pretty people and it's drama, and then the first song came in and I thought, damn, this show has the show has really good music. And by like thirty minutes, because I'm also I'm very young guy, I'm trying to be cool. I don't know about the show, guys, I don't even know what it's going to be. By yeah, by about the thirty minute mark, my dad came in and was like, hey, do you guys want and I was like, shut up, Dad, Brook has a life or death decision right now. I was so invested. I immediately got it. I was like, Oh, this this is why the show, this is why the show is what it is. And and that was my interest in all my friends as well, in from the USC to drama queens.
Speaker 8: That thatat is always one of my favorite things, especially because to your point, we were all in our twenties, right, so that were our age.
Speaker 3: When we were on the show more I would say dudes than not. Would often start like, hey, I know you my girlfriend loves your show. Yeah, and then you know, we'd like bump into somebody I don't know out at a bar, and then I could always tell when those guys were on like their fourth beer, because it would be like, man, just like when Brooke Davis found out she could not get pregnant, that was like that was really heavy. It was like really really heavy, man, And I'd be like, your girlfriend loves this show. Huh interesting, Yeah, okay, that's my favorite thing.
Speaker 6: That happens a lot. Also because there's a lot of guys who are uncomfortable paying another guy, especially a strange male, a stranger, a compliment, strange. You get it either two ways. You get the hey, if my girlfriend wants a picture whatever, But then you sometimes get the guys who want to make it real clear that they that they just they're not even interesting, and I'll get the can I get a selfie? Sure? I don't even know who you are? My girlfriend just said yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: They have to say I don't know you, but my yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But it's it's as we're taking a photo, and I always just laugh going why did that need to be said?
Speaker 5: Why would you tell me that?
Speaker 3: For what?
Speaker 6: That's sort of like going, hey, can we get a picture? That shirt fits you? Weird? Why are you roasting me right before I'm doing this nice thing? We're having a moment, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you came up to my table. Man, I'm just mine to my dog.
Speaker 5: So you absolutely do your homework.
Speaker 4: Rub This is something that you are consistent with, and so you did your homework leading up.
Speaker 5: Did you watch the seasons in order?
Speaker 4: Or did you just like jump into season five so you would know what happening right before you show up.
Speaker 6: Yes, I realized I didn't have the time. It wasn't realistic that I was, because I got hired and it was a very quick turnaround, like weeks. No, ma'am, it was less than a week, I think, No, yes so much. So yeah, So I I remember I just found the synopsis for seasons one through four, just the brodstroke top level, so I could just sort of have a general idea just kissing and crying exactly. And then I binged watch five and six and that, yeah and that, so that that was it. So I was, But so I had well, I hadn't watched seasons one through four. I felt pretty comfortable. Wasn't like an experience of coming in and going I don't know if I know, everything seems so bab.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 1: You folded in so seamlessly. You seemed so comfortable. And I haven't watched the premiere of season seven since it came out. I was really surprised at how I was wondering, like, is this just because I know Rob, or No, it's not. You moved the way you moved around the set, the way you moved around with the different actors that you were interacting with. You and James had this report that seemed like you've known each other for years. It was really great. I mean, I guess that's what actors do.
Speaker 5: But you know, did you guys know each other from before?
Speaker 6: No, what's funny? And I wanted to ask you about this self. So the only person I knew was so and I was actually trying to remember. I don't know our actual origin story, but all I know is you and I hung out in New York City. Yep, I was there, I think doing lipstick. Yeah, you came out for something and so we were. We somehow met before then, because we knew each other enough that one of us reached out to the other and we went and we got cats is together. We went shopping in the you know, and soho. But how did we first meet?
Speaker 3: I think it was I think it was Brooke Shields because I've known her for so long.
Speaker 5: Brook Shields, surely, what what are you guys talking about?
Speaker 3: She's just the nicest human being in the world, and you were doing lipstick jungle with her, and oh my god, I remember if it was like I don't know, because when we got into seasons five and six, I was really trying to learn, like truly learn about the fashion industry. Not like, you know, I'm going to make up that I know how to sew and sew a whole line as a high school student in an hour on a TV show, but like, you know, I was supposed to, you know, Brooke Davis was supposed to be like the head of one of the biggest brands in America.
Speaker 4: So I.
Speaker 3: Took a lot of meetings with women who had started lines, Like I remember meeting Monique Lulier and Tory Burch and like all these women who became these sort of iconic, you know, basis of female American fashion designers, and so I was I would like go up and try you know, We'd get a day off and I'd take the one hour flight to New York and go to like three shows and take a meeting. And I was like meeting, I don't know, there's a lot of people in that world trying to like do homework, and I feel like it was like a fashion week thing you guys were doing for your show. And I probably made a joke about how, you know, the most irritating thing about those parties is there's no food anywhere, and you, I, in my memory cracked a joke about probably a hot dog, and I think it was like I think I said to you, have you ever been to Kats's Deli? And that was it. I was like, Bro, we got to get a pastrami and a matzo ball soup immediately, and then we were fast friends because we were like, oh, you you eat the things, me too, Let's go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh you love yourself great, let's go eat.
Speaker 3: This is great, this sounds like a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: Rob.
Speaker 5: That's how we met you. Rob is the person that just wants to eat with you.
Speaker 4: And when we first met, it was my first time scene every one since I left the show. It was the convention and Paris, and so I was so kind of uncomfortable because I didn't know where I stood with so many people.
Speaker 5: And Rob, I was like, wait a second, you're that dude I talked to on the phone. And we peeled off immediately. It was just like, we need to go.
Speaker 4: Like eat things and not talk about the show. Let's talk about everything else. And then I met up with you again in Vancouver for food, where you were teaching my son how to do magic tricks because you were a child magician.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 4: If you guys haven't gone to dinner with Rob, you're in luck because Drama Queens is now a Rob Buckley dinner party.
Speaker 3: Oh does this mean we get food every week?
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness. Have you heard about corn dogs?
Speaker 4: I'm very queen corn dogs dat dog in Louisiana.
Speaker 6: Back to what you were saying, joy about it feeling natural. So I have very few memories of One Tree Hill. This is this is a pattern with me. I mean, like I remember maybe twenty percent of my child, but I remember. This is why I'm kind of and I'm very excited to do this with you all because truly I never went back and rewatched the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah so much. We'll come back to you when you're latching it unlocks.
Speaker 6: One tre Hill was an interesting time for me. More to that to come. But like I when One Tree Hill ended, I was very comfortable shutting the door and just never looking back. And so and then, I mean, a lot has happened. Maybe that's a conversation for a different time in terms of like, so I left it kind of going that was a lot and then these conventions started and we got to all meet as adults out of that environment, and I felt like, I'm so grateful for the conventions because they gave me this second experience with One Tree Hill, where I got to really get to know you guys, and and by that point I had really started to know myself as well, So I was able to have these new relationships. And I have now such a greater appreciation for the show and for that experience. So just that to say that it's I am very interested to watch because I remember so little. But one thing I do remember very clearly. I think it was the first scene Joy and I ever had, and it was us on the like your patio or maybe my character's patio. We were outside and I was sitting in a chair and you basically came in hot saying, this is my husband's dream, he provides for his family, don't screw this up. It was, you know, a wonderfully Haley speech, right or moment. And I just remember, you know how as an actors, just as a human, sometimes you're in a scene and you're doing the scene, but you're also like having thoughts about whether it's like I can't believe I'm in this with this person, or that just happened. I remember sitting in the chair being kind of scolded or yelled at by you and thinking, ah, this is gonna be fun.
Speaker 5: This is good, that's so great.
Speaker 6: So I felt the same way. I kind of it was just it was easy with you. Great, I see what this is gonna be. We're gonna play you give it, I give it all right?
Speaker 1: Great, Well that's that's kind of one of my questions was how was it intimidating coming in or did it feel easy? I mean, I know, as an adult actor, it's part of the job. You come in and out of shows that have been established for a long time. But we were still pretty young, and that was that feeling coming in before you had that moment where you know, we knew, okay, this is going to be fun. I get him, I get his vibe, his sense of humor, like, we're going to be able to play play in these scenes. There's not there, there's space for all that. But before that moment, was it nerve wracking? Did you have a lot of time to spend with us before the show or was it just like shot out of the cannon walking in like let's see how this goes.
Speaker 6: It's out of a cannon completely, And I had never I had been I've replaced people, or been or been a replacement on a pilot, but I had never joined something that was already going so strong for so long. Yeah, and again pre therapy, my thinking was, Okay, only two things have changed on this show. Two things went away and two things came in. So if this does not go well, if this does not at least maintain, if not improved, I am at minimum fifty percent to blame for the demise of this popular success.
Speaker 5: His nerd math, He's like the percentages of responsibility.
Speaker 6: I truly was, so, I wait, that's going to really mess with your pressure. Well, yeah, and it's also distorted because now as an adult, I know it's that's that's out of my control. Of course, I suit up, I show up, I do my best, and the rest is none of my business, you know. And and if fans aren't gonna like that, you know, Hillary and Chad aren't there, then you know, all I can do is my best and that's it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know, dude.
Speaker 4: I watched episode one today to prep because before you came on, I wanted to see episode seven on one.
Speaker 5: I wanted to see who this Clayman was.
Speaker 4: And you are so slick.
Speaker 5: And likable, which is a very fine line to walk. Yeah, right, it's like, oh, this is the scheme that just like sleeps with Rando chicks. But also he's so funny.
Speaker 4: And he's like quick, he's on the phone with his mom and like, I just I got why you fit automatically, you know, like it was really it was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was multi dimensional baby rab yeah into it.
Speaker 6: I thinks, I can't I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 5: Well, did they give you any idea what your trajectory was going to be?
Speaker 4: Like obviously it's like, oh, this is an agent, what's his long game?
Speaker 6: No, they didn't. And also, speaking of messing with your head, I the first scene that uc clayan was not the first scene we shot. There was a scene the very first scene they had me to do. It was me giving a lecture or a speech to two hundred extras.
Speaker 1: I remember this, yeah, right, yeah, I remember about this.
Speaker 5: It was a whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it was the first day. Maybe I met you, I met Sean Tell. There's a lot of people there, but It's just so funny that your first scene they're like, hey, go ahead and just do a three page monologue in front of two hundred people. Knew hire, Let's see how this goes. And but you know, I felt it went well. And then I remember shortly thereafter them going yeah, we're canning that scene and we're going to write you a new scene.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 1: That is such a scary thing for a new actor on a show that's been so established, and when there's so much on your shoulders to get a call like that where you're like, did I just completely screw this whole thing up? And like you have to write differently because I'm so bad? That would be the first thing that I think. And it's amazing because that's not what they did at all.
Speaker 6: Continue well, and I like you, I will if there is a problem, I will default to looking for the cause of the problem within myself. Yes, so as opposed to this scene didn't work, My first thought is was I not good? Did I not make the right choice?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: But they were good about saying it's just it's a little flat, it's not as good as it could have been.
Speaker 1: They knew you were better than what they wrote and they had to step up.
Speaker 6: And truth be told. This scene that they ended up doing, which I think it's it's Clay rolling a call while he's add walking around his office. He's bouncing a ball off the wall, just talking to an assistant through the wall.
Speaker 3: So much better.
Speaker 6: It forms the audience so much more as to who this guy is versus me standing in a place ted talking for three minutes.
Speaker 1: I've never seen them do that in the history of our show, have you guys where like they shot they fully shot something and then said, you know what, we don't like this, let's do something.
Speaker 4: I have that whole storyline with the orphan you guys, that's how you got on the show.
Speaker 5: Okay, well with a different Hayley. That's true, super true. Sometimes yeah, they he did it a couple of times. But yeah, but to do it this.
Speaker 4: Late in the game, I mean, when you're in the process of setting up the show.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 4: But I'm glad they took the time with you because I thought that introduction was really effective. I agree, And again, like we have loved James in the bromances that we've got to see him in, and to get to see him in a whole new one so fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: I will also say, there's something very cool to me. I get what you mean, Hill that like in the beginning, they might be a little more willing to say we haven't quite found it yet in terms of what the show needs. But I also think the inverse of that seven years in is by the end of your first week, Rob, they were like, wait, he's quick, he's funny, his physical comedy is great, and we wrote him a scene where he has to stand still like a car salesman and talk to kids. That's like a boring adult thing. And this guy is like young, sexy, funny, exciting, We should give him something funny and exciting that makes his character seem like sexy and edgy and like he's got all this stuff going on. And I like that they knew they could take the time and do that because we were seven years in. Who who at home was going to be like, you absolutely don't have the budget to spend half a day shooting a new scene. Like they were like, ough, yes we do, and they did it and it was the right call.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also it was it was a great example of the first scene was what is what is the old adedes at show don't tell, right, And the first the first way they had it was just me standing, this is who the character is?
Speaker 3: Where is that he's very successful and important?
Speaker 6: Yeah. Also you need to get their intro of this character right, because of course everyone's going to be going, who's the who's the new guy? Chad?
Speaker 5: We love?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was just thinking, because those are such big as you know, choose to fill, which you you know, that's not that there were shoes to fill. It was just there was an empty space and it's how do you bring somebody into that. That's probably why you got the job so late, Ron, because they were looking for so long to try and find somebody who could come in with an energy that felt familiar but was new enough that people weren't going to compare you to Chad. And what was interesting actually is that because your energy is so similar to Hillary's and so similar to Peyton, they the audience is getting that familiarity, but it's not in the way that they to where it would be comparable with Chad at all. And Chantelle smart Yeah, and Chantelle actually is on the other spectrum with this sort of complicated emotional Lucas energy. It was so smart.
Speaker 3: They inverted the characters in a really, really smart way, and they gave us boy Hillary and girl chat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want you so smart and me a girl.
Speaker 6: We did it. We freaky Friday.
Speaker 3: Called beautiful by your Sundaday, Rob.
Speaker 5: How do you feel?
Speaker 6: Hey? The rest of the day's bonus? All right, it's a way today.
Speaker 4: I have only heard about your character through conventions, and what happens to Clay on his trajectory in tree Hill sounds very similar to the things that Peyton experienced, and it felt weird that we had so much crossover. So I would love to do a little never have I ever with you as Clay and Peyton.
Speaker 5: My first question is have you ever had a stalker?
Speaker 6: Whoa yes?
Speaker 4: Have you cheated on anyone?
Speaker 6: No, not that I'm aware of. Peyton did, to the best of my collection, Clay after his wife passed spoiler alert. After his wife it was just a series of sort of flings. He never allowed himself to get sort of attached to anything, so there was really no opportunity to cheat. He didn't really open himself up again until it was with Quinn.
Speaker 3: That's very Brooke Davis of him. Actually yeah, but wait.
Speaker 4: Speaking of dead wife one of these on here, have you ever been abandoned or had like the loved one die?
Speaker 6: Oh and in the most tragic way. By the way, when I was a couple of episodes just your what you had to do so often, but especially in like season six, Hillary, you had such heavy lifting. I remember, oh point because you all were talking about it, how it's boy, she's really going through it, and I thinking, as man, that would be just so exhausting as an actor. Good for Hillary. And then I had a moment of going.
Speaker 3: Wife, did it?
Speaker 6: I had an estranged kid. Oh my gosh, that's.
Speaker 5: Right, I had a secret relative.
Speaker 6: No, I had a son. I forgot about capital.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. So you were the Ellie I love Joy.
Speaker 3: I see you making the same face. I'm we're watching it happen, like knowing that Rob is going to come in and share his boy Peyton journey from season seven to nine, but as you're doing in such an exemplary fashion. Right now, Hillary is remaining on as our wonderful co executive producer, and we'll be popping in to do little games like this every couple of episodes, like seeing you learn about the show now because you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Watch it like a fan is so fun for me. I've already I've watched. I watched episodes one and two. You guys, like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just in pure fan mode right now, like you know, you've almost died.
Speaker 5: I've almost died. Have you been shot?
Speaker 6: Hey? Yep? I can I ask you a question?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Have you ever been in a coma?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got drugs? You ever do drugs?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: Yepre okay ooh correct?
Speaker 5: No, dang it.
Speaker 4: Remember when you say snarky anytime you don't want to feel feelings regularly. Maybe I can't wait for this journey that we're all going to take together. And I'm so happy that you're here, Rob And yeah, I'm happy that your wife gets to watch you go through this costume change in life and this new chapter. I love her, and.
Speaker 6: I thank you.
Speaker 4: Your child is really going to benefit from your queenness.
Speaker 6: Oh this is because now I'm really flying that flag super high, and honestly it's not. I want to say thank you so much for inviting me into this and always just being so welcoming because I have been so excited about the idea of doing this. It is going to be so much fun, but I appreciate the opportunity. Thank you for the invitation to the coolest table in the lunch rooms.
Speaker 5: We love you, Rob.
Speaker 4: Do we need to spin a wheel with Rob as his entrance the show?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 3: Let's spin a wheel, Honey Hney, Okay, Wab's first wheel?
Speaker 6: Also, Hillary, do you want to give an honorable mention for your time on One Tree Hill.
Speaker 5: For the whole thing?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 4: I'm going to give an honorable mention to the hair and makeup trailer because it's the first thing you enter into when you get to work, and it is where everyone gets to know each other. And so having that clubhouse where you can be the baddest kids ever. Oh yeah, that's where all the good stories start from.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we have our most likely too give it?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 4: Rob?
Speaker 6: Most likely to fall in love with a stranger?
Speaker 1: Don't we all? Isn't that what we do is fall in love with strangers?
Speaker 4: No, Sophia only falls in love with people she's known for a very long time.
Speaker 3: I fell in love with a stranger once. It didn't go over well for me. I don't do that anymore. I vet people for a long, long time, Rob, how.
Speaker 5: Long did you know Jenny before you knew she was like the one.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, listen if we're talking on characters in the show, Clay, because I think very early he announces his intentions with Quinn and I from in real life, it's me because I saw, I saw Jenny. I sent her, we got introduced, and I looked her up on Instagram thought and I saw she was funny. I heard her laugh and I thought it was so beautiful, and so I got her number and I shot her a text and she sent me a video back, which was so brave, and she was so funny and relaxed, and I fell in love. I was like, oh, this is this is it? Because it was right at the time in my life. I was ready to put my big boy pants on, and so.
Speaker 1: I thought, timing is everything.
Speaker 6: I think this is my person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Rob, tell us what's in the next episode.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So, for season seven, Episode one, Nathan learns of a shocking accusation that could threaten his career, much to the chagrin of his new sports agent, Clay Look. Comparis to launch a new fashion line and Julian decides to produce a big movie. Hailey's sister Quinn makes a surprise visit. Meanwhile, Jamie celebrates his seventh birthday.
Speaker 1: Woo okay, next week, next week, guys. Oh, what an amazing journey so far. I can't wait to continue on with you.
Speaker 5: Pick As buddy, have fun.
Speaker 1: Bye, Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot.
Speaker 4: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 5: See you next time.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama Girl Drama Girl, all about them.
Speaker 5: High school Queens Forever.
Speaker 1: We'll take you for a ride at our Comic Girl Shared for the Right Team.
Speaker 2: Drama Queens, Jayleen's Go Up Girl Fashion mich your Tough Girl.
Speaker 1: You could sit with us Girl, Drama Queins, Drama Queas, Drama Queens, Drama Drawn Mcqueens Drama queenss
Speaker 6: Mm hmm