Speaker 1: Ye what you're all being waiting for.
Speaker 2: The way Up with Angela yee oh sorry, yeah, it's way up and tea.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: I'm back.
Speaker 2: I got to remember not to say the full words I was, but yes, t K. Kirkland and welcome back. I feel like you've been in New York for the longest you've stayed here.
Speaker 3: That's so true, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I left off had to go do an event in Vegas for a gentlemen. They roam and then I came right back. But it's been just really doing my thing, having.
Speaker 3: A good time.
Speaker 2: Well, it's so good to have you here, guess host. I love the fact that you'll hit me up and let me know. Usually you give me like a year.
Speaker 3: Year and a half. Ye, this the first time I've done you in twice in one year.
Speaker 1: Whoa okay, whoa.
Speaker 3: That's what I love about her hus you don't see it coming again.
Speaker 1: Whoa okay. But it is a Wealth.
Speaker 2: Wednesday, thank you, and we are to have the founder of Brooklyn Bloke here with us today, Wayne Fortune. Now, if you don't know what this brand is, clearly he's from London because it's a Brooklyn bloke. He moved to Brooklyn, but he actually has a store inside of Grand Central Terminal, Is that right? Yeah? And it's amazing how he hustled his clothing brand from the streets into a literal brick and mortar location and one of the busiest locations here in New York City.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk to him about that for Wealth Wednesday. But let's shine a light when we come back. Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty Call us up. Let us know who you want to shine a light on.
Speaker 6: Turn your lights on, y'all, light spreading love to those who are doing greatness.
Speaker 4: Shine the light on, the shine the light on.
Speaker 7: It's time to shine a light on.
Speaker 2: All right? His way up at Angela, Yee, what's up? It's time to shine a light in TK Kirkland. Since you're here, I would love for you to spread some love.
Speaker 5: Yes, I would like to spread love to my good friend for over thirty years, who is taking care of his mom. She's been ill for a long time, she's bedridden, watches her take care of her, and he's around her twenty for seven and it has inspired me a lot to let people know, even more so to take care of your health. And because everybody's not gonna have their children to take care of them.
Speaker 2: Right or me. I don't even have no kids. What happens if something happens my god? Children?
Speaker 1: Do they love me that there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know, babe.
Speaker 5: So his name is Richard Dirden. So we want your out, Richard Dirden in South Jersey. So, Richard Dirdin, we shine the light on you. We wish you well with you and your mom, and may your payin be champagne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I love that he's doing that. Just imagine we've seen so many horror stories about people's parents. And who was stephen Ate Smith's daughter said she's putting him in a home, that's what she said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm later.
Speaker 5: My mother taught me something years ago. My mom before she passed, before she even got sixty to six. When I was a kid, she was never going to depend on her children to take care of her. So I've always applied it to my life. That's why I stayed to gym. I try to stay strong because I will never want to be in that position to test my children.
Speaker 3: To take care of me.
Speaker 2: But shout out to Richard dirtin because that's a beautiful, beautiful thing, and I know his mother appreciates it, and I know that he'll have no regrets, you know, later in life. All right, now, Amber, who do you want to shine a light on?
Speaker 1: I want to shine a right on.
Speaker 6: My mom's teying you.
Speaker 7: She's suffered a stroke.
Speaker 2: She's in the hospital right now, and I just.
Speaker 4: Want to let her know that we love her.
Speaker 8: She's such a beautiful person that has a big car, and I know she can.
Speaker 2: She definitely will pull through it. How many brothers and sisters.
Speaker 1: Do you have? I have a brother, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So everybody's pulling together at a time like this. Well, we are praying for her and Amber, thank you so much for Colin. I'm sending your mama prayer right now. She's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, appreciator, take care, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right that listen, what a coincidence that we were just talking about that with a Shina light and then Amber called in, all right, well that was shine of light eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty call. It's up, spread some love. I'm feeling the love. And when we come back, we have your e t and ESPN. A lot going on there. Will tell you what Cam Newton had to say. We'll talk about Stephen A. Smith. You know, it's just a lot of discussions about all the layoffs at ESPN, and we'll weigh on it as well.
Speaker 3: TK sounds good.
Speaker 1: Way what she on the.
Speaker 6: Tush she came river seats, it's time to spill that et.
Speaker 2: All right? His way up with Angela. Yea, I'm here with TK. Kirk Lynch right, what a what a blessings, blessing for both of us though. All right now we've been talking about these mass layoffs at ESPN. It all started with Ryan Clark when we saw that happen, and I guess news had leaked that he was going to be let go. Well, you know after that, Cam Newton found out that he was also getting let go, and his response was great.
Speaker 1: Here's what he said, if you.
Speaker 4: Don't owe your old platform, you're going to get overlooked and be extup.
Speaker 3: It's unfortunate what happened to Ryan Clark. But what I will tell you is this or Clark gonna be okay.
Speaker 9: It's unfortunate what happened to me, some would think, but I'm good you can't make me what I've learned.
Speaker 4: It was an internship almost.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, that's definitely a great way to look at it. It's definitely they all have their own platforms that they're still gonna be doing. He also talked about Emmanuel Acho, who has a solid online following with the Speak Easy podcast. He was dropped by Fox Sports previously and had won a Sports Amy while with the network. So people still have their own things going on, and.
Speaker 5: I think we talked about this years ago when AI was just coming in and even at iHeartRadio, thousands of people's getting laid off, and we're always talking about having.
Speaker 3: Your own things, that you're not dependent on.
Speaker 2: Anybody, having your ducks in a row, so to speak. Now, Stephen A. Smith has a great relationship with Ryan Clark, and he said he was informed ahead of time and really did not want them to let Ryan Clark go.
Speaker 9: Here's what he said was, I asked what I thought, what my feelings were.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was, and of course I said, we have to keep them.
Speaker 9: But I don't get to make those decisions, and I don't get to ignore the fiscal and financial circumstances and ultimate ramifications that come with the job.
Speaker 2: He said he thinks that Ryan Clark is arguably the best football analysts in the United States, and he let his bosses know that too.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that thought I had to say everything Steven Steven They Smith think everything runs through him. You know.
Speaker 5: I think he has his platform, he got his check, he got a great deal. But they not running stuff past Stephen. They smifth like this mother pass Stevens. See what he says now, it ain't going down like.
Speaker 2: Because usually that stuff is so under wraps because they don't want people to find out.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I love Steve Nason, but don't forget who you are, that you really are not on that level that they run and stuff asked you And I hate to break your bubble like that, but that's me.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Pat McAfee also had some things to say, because as people are saying these cuts happen, they blamed his show for that because of the amount of money they're spending on him.
Speaker 1: Here's what he has to say.
Speaker 3: Did they keep anybody or is everybody fired to pay you?
Speaker 5: I trying to figure it out.
Speaker 3: How funny. We do not like that. We do not appreciate that that is the narrative and I'm certainly taking it on the shins.
Speaker 4: The boys and I are very proud of the work that we have done.
Speaker 3: Don't be ready or like that.
Speaker 2: Right, And you know, the news had surfaced just weeks ago that he was in talks with the worldwide leader on a new contract worth about sixty million dollars annually, so that's why people were feeling this way.
Speaker 1: But he wanted to make sure.
Speaker 5: People knows he's the one that came in.
Speaker 1: With his own licensing and they're licensing his.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's winning. That's how he is the blueprint on what everybody should be doing. Right.
Speaker 2: It's tough though, because a lot of times they want to own, you know, and so but if they can license something and you still own it, that's always the best situation.
Speaker 3: It'll be a great negotiator.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is your Yet when we come back, we have about last night, and like I said, I never get to see T. K. Kirkland this many times in a month, in a year, in a year, so I want to see what it is that you have going on and what you've been up to about last night?
Speaker 7: Is next?
Speaker 2: I went down, Yeah, it's with ya By angela.
Speaker 1: Ye, and what a blessing. T. K. Kirkling is here with me today.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you realize it's a blessing.
Speaker 2: It is definitely a blessing. I was working all night last night. I was filming for a documentary, just as a talking head, as somebody who has I can't give all the details, but it's a show, a reality show that was on TV for quite some time, and they're doing a documentary on it.
Speaker 3: So what did you They didn't start fighting on it?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just talking about the past.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, nobody started fighting while he was doing there.
Speaker 1: But on that show, yes.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, wow, Wow, that's crazy. I'm glad that. Does anybody touch you? Let me know.
Speaker 1: I'll let you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me know.
Speaker 7: Flying.
Speaker 3: But I went to bed early, like I always do. I don't believe you i'd go to early. But I've been up since two am.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now I know you have a lot going on, so kind of let us know. You're going to Pittsburgh after this, Yes, going.
Speaker 5: To Pittsburgh the Big Show this July twenty fifth at the world famous City Winery.
Speaker 3: Ladd gentlemen, So oh you.
Speaker 1: Did City Winding be here in New York?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sold out, And I want to thank the Tri State area. The city of New York is sold out both shows.
Speaker 1: I love City Winery shows.
Speaker 5: The thing I like about this because it's on the pier and if you got anything romantic about you, if you're classy, that's a good spot to go down.
Speaker 1: And you get down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go by the water, walk around with your girl, hold the hand, you know, kiss on the neck, go and.
Speaker 3: Have some wines.
Speaker 2: I love how many shows where you can sit there and order good food, good how drinks, have the tear.
Speaker 1: It's comfortable.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: Energy is amazing. So we want the same thing for Pittsburgh. It's a different type of atmosphere, but the area is amazing. The people in Pittsburgh is phenomenal. So July twenty fifth, Saturday, everybody's the weekend. Get your tickets. It's only a few tickets left. And I told you yesterday went up. I said before, get your tickes now because what's I going Angelouye is gonna be sold out, So get your tickets.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well that's that. You know what else is coming up? Tell us a secret.
Speaker 1: It's a secret now y'all got.
Speaker 2: To show up now because I want to tell you. TK had the nerve to ask us, oh, he's real, or yes, these are one thousand percent real. Okay, y'all are really calling in and everything does not even make it on the air. That's how real it is. So eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. It's a no judgment zone.
Speaker 3: Somebody is going to get judged today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm here.
Speaker 2: Lloyd, Well, don't judge as harshly as you normally, okay, because these people are notymous, so it ain't like you could rechoough the phone.
Speaker 3: And do nothing right now. Yeah, I'm a clown, but eight.
Speaker 1: Hundred two nine two fifty one fifty.
Speaker 2: Call us up. Now, get on the air with me and TK Kirkland. Tell your secret. It's a no judgment zone, and best case scenario, you get that burden lifted off you, that she was true getting weighed down by you could tell us and then poof it disappears.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty. Call us up.
Speaker 7: This is a judgment freeze.
Speaker 3: All tell us the secret.
Speaker 2: Oh man, nobody else I'd rather tell a secret to than TK.
Speaker 1: But you know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's a no judgment zone, right, So TK, I know it's gonna take everything in you to just.
Speaker 1: Okay and not judge.
Speaker 2: People are anonymous eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty Anonymous Color with your secret.
Speaker 7: I've been hitting my boss his wife for about a year.
Speaker 3: Wow, And I feel like t K like raight, I heard that?
Speaker 5: Go ahead and hit it off.
Speaker 1: Do you actually like her?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 4: We're cool, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah you don't like her cool? You don't like getting Yeah, and and let me give you some game.
Speaker 5: You ready, that's the one you real slutty with, Like you pull a hair, you do all those extra little things.
Speaker 1: Every time you look at Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, you really if you're going to do that, dude, because it's a possibility you can get caughtny, So think you're going to do it right. If you're gonna do it right, go all the way and listen to me. That's play the play of pensive path.
Speaker 3: All right, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, these men are demons.
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling God bless king?
Speaker 2: What's eponymous color? That's good? Oh God? I love you too? Me and t K Kirkland her here. Let's see how much he love you.
Speaker 1: You want to tell us a secret?
Speaker 8: Yes, I was with my husband for eight and a half years, and I was with another man for five years a man and the other man is still together.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. So you and your husband broke up. But your side piece is now your main piece?
Speaker 3: Right, Wow, that's gangs. That's the way to do it. Though. I like stuff like that better and my husband that's how he normally works out.
Speaker 1: That is wild.
Speaker 2: So you don't have another side piece now it's just you. Now you're faithful.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, now I'm faithful.
Speaker 1: Did your ex husband ever find out?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: We might know now, but because your voice is distincting because you're kind of loud, so he gonna know it's you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gonna know.
Speaker 5: Is your somebody's gonna say, I heard your ex wife on the Let me call from Jersey. I love y'all, I love y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Night.
Speaker 1: Let me get off anonymous color. What's your secret?
Speaker 4: My relationship for five years? I ended up having sex with her little sister.
Speaker 3: So how old is he she was to do?
Speaker 1: She was told at the time, So how how did that even happen?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: I guess it was a humble We was jump one day and uh, my girls in her sleep.
Speaker 3: I came out, she was came up the bath or was.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, damn, ain't none your business.
Speaker 5: She was like, I would just wonder and I find a person like you want.
Speaker 1: She said, yeah, stairs, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Then let me ask you a question. What she saying when you was having sex? This ain't right? But she kept doing it?
Speaker 3: Right? Isn't that something that that kind of turned you on though? Right? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: When I was young and I was your age, I was sludy like that, so I get it.
Speaker 1: What was it a one time thing or was it a continual thing?
Speaker 9: Well, it was the one time thing though, But we used to be off there and brush up against each other.
Speaker 7: I might grab you, know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, grab on hers.
Speaker 4: She might grab bat you feel but we know getting after that, it was a mistake, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I respected, I regret, but I ain't gonna keep repeating it. Yeah, smart man, smart man, I like that.
Speaker 1: That's a mistake.
Speaker 3: It's all we all, all players make mistakes. You feel me, But thank.
Speaker 1: You for calling.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Take a king respectable teeter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta have rules, all right, player the player. We appreciate you, tid play. I thought you were going to judge people. Instead you were.
Speaker 5: See see expecting k be nice, to be nice, to keep doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the nice shocking when we come back.
Speaker 1: We got your et.
Speaker 2: And Lil Wayne recently he was on the Friends Keep Secrets podcast and he talked about a lot of different things like recording music while he was at Riker's Island, how we managed to do that, and what shows he was watching so that time would fly by.
Speaker 1: It's way up from.
Speaker 6: Industry shade to all of us out sending Angela's speeling that et.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's way up at Angela yea. And I'm here with TK Kirkland yep. And let's get into this et. First off, Snoop Dog bio pick is coming August sixth, twenty twenty seven, and Jonathan Davis from Outer Banks is going to be playing the role of Snoop.
Speaker 1: So I like that they look yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, once she showed it to me, it was a no brainer mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And this is the first project under the studio's overall deal with Death Row Pictures, so you know they have death row pictures.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, all right now.
Speaker 2: Little Wayne recently sat down and did an interview on the Friends Keep Secrets pop cast, and he talked about a lot of different things. He talked about, basically the fact that it's difficult to listen to other rappers because he doesn't want it to influence what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Here's what he said.
Speaker 3: I try not to listen too much because I don't want it to bleed into my mind.
Speaker 7: I'm not listening. It's how you keep it original.
Speaker 4: You're the godfather of everything I listened to.
Speaker 10: Who are your favorite rappers besides you? My favorite rappers Jay Z and Missy Elliott.
Speaker 1: I like that answer.
Speaker 3: Good, good, good listen.
Speaker 1: You said you don't listen to other comedians.
Speaker 3: Really no, no, no, no, no, try not to.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you could a comic or have or something real hilarious, and once you hear two things happen like, man, why did I think of that? And then two you could somewhere in another country whatever.
Speaker 3: If you hear something you know you might want.
Speaker 1: To say subconsciously, yeah, so you know.
Speaker 5: I tried to avoid watching another comic for years unless that person is like you could watch a d o Huglio Taxasi. He does a lot of political stuff for Godfrey. They do a lot of that type stuff and that's not my lane.
Speaker 2: Right, And you're like, and it's also interesting to learn from their point of view. I love those two all right now. He also discussed having his first child at the tender age of fourteen and why he did it.
Speaker 10: I was fourteen, were nervous, not because my mom asked my last one kid, dad that just got murdered that year, the same year all that I blew up. So we would go on a tour like I'm lonely, Like my husband's gone. Let's have her sit down, lead you and tell ya.
Speaker 1: Wow. Can you imagine.
Speaker 2: That's a lot for a fourteen year old to be, Like, you know, you lost your father, your mom is lonely, You're going on tour, and then you have a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's but it all worked out.
Speaker 2: I mean now when you look back, you could be like, wow, that's amazing because you see how great Regene is and she's been doing her thing with her airtime show.
Speaker 5: So Lil Wayne was was one of the nicest young kids I met at that time when he was fourteen sixteen years old, because we used to hang out on to set up ball of blocking and I was like his big uncle and all that kind of stuff, and we really a lot of people don't notice he was.
Speaker 3: He's very hilarious.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is a comedian for sure. And we used to always go at it for years and in a fun uncle big brother type way. Okay, shout out to a little Wayne. I'm really proud of you. And you know how far we go, way back, so since he was like fifteen sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: And then lastly he talked about signing Drake and what made Drake different.
Speaker 1: When he first heard his music.
Speaker 10: Brake came through from you ever heard of Rap a Lot Records?
Speaker 7: Of course, that's boy Drake Chum. When I heard him, he was it was all right.
Speaker 10: And then you know that one of those hooks came and I was like, who's who's on the hook right, and it was like that's him, you know, man, Like that's him singing. And I was like, yeah, like why he don't do more of this? At that time, there was no one doing that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, good good stories to hear, and he's definitely doing it.
Speaker 3: He's doing it. Phenomenal.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is yo. Yet when we come back under the radar, these are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They're flying under the radar, but you definitely need to know about them.
Speaker 1: Nolan Wells's mom has made a move.
Speaker 2: That is going to allow her to file a potential lawsuit over her son's death. And we also have some information from this independent autopsy that was done and will tell you what they're saying.
Speaker 3: It's way out late's to you.
Speaker 7: These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 2: All right, it's way up at Angela. Ye, it's me and T. K. Kirkland here today. Yes, and let's go under the radar with these stories. This Wilt Chamberlain Laker's jacket was found by a teenager at a thrift store. He paid three dollars for it. And guess how much it's so far at an auction eighty nine thousand dollars because it was authentic. Can you imagine Do I need to start going to thrift stores?
Speaker 3: That's insane?
Speaker 1: What type of luck is that to find something like that?
Speaker 2: And I I feel like part of you would want to keep that.
Speaker 5: Too, No, yeah, yeah, yeah, but he must have new self though somebody told him, you should, you know, put it in an auction.
Speaker 3: It's for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's amazing, and I wonder how that even I would love the story of how that even ended up in an auction.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, Nolan Wells's mom is making a legal move. She's laying the groundwork to potentially sue over her son's mysterious death. You know, there's so many questions about what could have possibly happened to him as he disappeared off this boat and was found dead. They said he did not have a will, he was never married, didn't have children, and so that's what is all in the filing, and so that's basically laying down the groundwork so that she can actually appoint herself as the administrator, saying the estate's assets would consist solely of claims for damages resulting from the circumstances surrounding his death. And they did give us these preliminary autopsy reports, and so there's still questions because the independent autopsy there's.
Speaker 1: Not enough evidence.
Speaker 2: They said he did have a twelve by eight inch red discoloration to the back of his head, but his cause and manner of death were given as undetermined pending investigation.
Speaker 1: The date of the death. They also have that as unknown.
Speaker 2: You know. Part of the issue is that there was already an autopsy done, so there's already things that were removed and damaged, and so it's kind of hard to do one now.
Speaker 5: But let's just speak the lissen to African Americas and anybody when you hang with more than one white person, let people know where you are, and always carry a fold.
Speaker 2: And chair because the Montgomery brawl absolutely, you know, and it's not that his parents didn't know where he was. I guess these are kids that you know, he's hung out where the kids do this. There's so many questions about, like what happened to his phone? If he decided to stay behind on the island, why wouldn't he have his phone with him.
Speaker 3: There's no black guy leaving his phone.
Speaker 1: There's no teenager right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you ain't leaving your phone.
Speaker 2: But they couldn't examine his lungs or stomach for their contents like signs of drowning because investigators already dissected those organs wow and removed his throat structures as part of the official investigation, which was standard according to who Reports. So they want to know. The questions now is how he went into the water before being found on the beach of what his body's position was when it was found, did he have water in his airway? And was there any evidence of injuries to his neck? So these are the remaining key questions. And his attorney Ben Crump top reporters. We will persist, persist, persist in finding answers.
Speaker 3: I wish to families the best me too.
Speaker 1: I hope they get the.
Speaker 3: Answers, especially when you have kids.
Speaker 2: You know, all right, Well, we do have the way it mixed for you at the top of the hour, and it is a Wealth Wednesday.
Speaker 1: So Wayne Fortune, the founder of Brooklyn Bloke.
Speaker 2: It's a clothing store that is actually inside of Grand Central Terminal. He's going to be joining us today to talk about how he went from slinging clothes on the.
Speaker 1: Streets to having his own brick and mortar location.
Speaker 6: It's way up noms to famous women in radio audio.
Speaker 7: We're talking about angela Ye. You're way up with angela Ye. Please believe that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: His way up with Angela yee.
Speaker 2: And ya know, I've been rocking with TK Kirkland all all day to day.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: It's been an honor, baby.
Speaker 2: And you know it's a blessing because you are always booked and busy. I always say that you haven't been home, and I don't know how long it's.
Speaker 3: Been a long time. You sent me a different April and.
Speaker 1: You still have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know how I got my coffee company, coffee uplifts people. We sent you a coffee machine courtesy of Delongi, and I sent you some coffee.
Speaker 5: Sure, I saw the bag in the cabinet and I haven't been back since.
Speaker 2: But you are going to be in Atlanta, one of my favorite places to visits.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's going to be August twenty first to the twenty third. Atlanta's really one of my probably my fifth home when.
Speaker 3: I go, because I go around there to go through there so much.
Speaker 5: But I want everybody to make sure you come through the Uptown Atlanta Comedy Theater there and no Cross.
Speaker 3: That's going to be August twenty first and twenty third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want I've been to many a TK Kirklan show, so I want to say, please come out and experience. And you are also quite interacted with the audience. But here's a warning.
Speaker 3: I need you just gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Don't get em and go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: That's right. Angela is such a sister.
Speaker 5: I checked somebody so bad, Angela, I saik.
Speaker 3: That is that nice.
Speaker 5: I almost almost apologize to them because Angela said, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But your shirt says rude, so we get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I love this girl. She's so funny. And then this Saturday, Starry Fifth, Who's gonna be in Pittsburgh a city winery. Lady gentlemen, please get your tickets.
Speaker 3: It's going to be an experience.
Speaker 5: Like angel said, of a magnitude that you when you leave, you're gonna tell somebody who knows somebody to go seek.
Speaker 2: It's a fun so I do mind. I had a girl's night out when I came to see you. Yes, both times, and it is really a fun time. Like I talked, do I feel like you're very male friendly with your comedy?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think, but you like listen on social media T K. Kirk when people look at.
Speaker 2: You as like a yeah, relationship expert guru. Some of the game that you give you know, you on tell us a secret today we're doing a lot of player to player stuff.
Speaker 3: You use that to how it is.
Speaker 2: But you've also been so instrumental with a lot of people's careers who are also really well known comics, who also give you your credit and your flowers for mentoring them and helping them early on. And that's something that I think is important for you as a human being. But whoever that lady was, I just want to apologize on his behalf and when she went up to go to the bathroom when he roasted her.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's all I have to say. And Lot Patrol, Lot.
Speaker 5: Patrol Ladies Gentlemen TV show on BT every Tuesday, d V Davis Skiak, Carter g Than, Alex Thomas, and so many many more. It's just a great opportunity. I think we got picked up already for next year.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a Manny Haley production. Shout out.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Manny and real quick though. We get this Thursday.
Speaker 5: Then we got Pleasant in California at Tommy t September fourth through the sixth, Nashville, Tennessee City Winery.
Speaker 2: And just so y'all know he knows where he's going way in Inns.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: And Boston August thirteenth, make sure you get your tickets in Jackson, Mississippi with My Man.
Speaker 3: From Mister Cooper, Mark Curry, Mark.
Speaker 5: Curry, Tony Roberts, and myself in June Fune the Steve Harvey Morning Shows.
Speaker 2: In Chicago August sixth with Up Chicago.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna come out.
Speaker 3: For that one come back.
Speaker 1: I might have to come to Chicago.
Speaker 5: We talk about sugar right back around for your event and times Square are coming up.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, we're gonna be broadcasting live sometimes Square August seventeenth.
Speaker 1: But that's a whole other thing. When we come back, we have we are.
Speaker 2: Doing you, t okay, just making sure yes we do have yut when we come back. Victoria Money just put out a new song, like literally just put it out along with the video and we gotta snip it for you.
Speaker 1: It's way up.
Speaker 3: That's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: It's like to talk like they Jane like they and Julie and.
Speaker 7: She's spilling it all. This is Yeaki.
Speaker 1: All right as way up by Angela Yee and T. K.
Speaker 2: Kirkley. Good times and we got your yet. So first up, let's talk about our girl, Victoria Mone. She put out a new song literally a half an hour ago, and a video. It's called to reach Out and here it is. Okay, shout out to Victoria. I love you some Victoria answ's a chef now like literally went to culinary school.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, good, good man.
Speaker 2: Here's some breaking news. Alandria and Nick from Love Island have broken up after one year they were season seven couple. They are, according to sources, still close friends and they will always support one another, but the distance between them and their busy schedules made it challenging to maintain their connection. They share a deep love and respect for each other and will always support one another whenever possible.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's nice, respectful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen Alandria out here popping though. I want to say, she is one of the real like success stories. So I'm coming off a reality show like Love Island and she's gotten all kinds of modeling deals and endorsements and all of that.
Speaker 1: So that's how you do it.
Speaker 3: That's how you do it.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Love all right, now, now let's discuss Nivia. She recently did Cadillact Chronicles and that's where you drive around the city and she performed do a mess with my man.
Speaker 1: That's my song. But another thing that she did was.
Speaker 2: She talked about her health battles that she's been having, and here's what she said.
Speaker 8: I was diagnosed with leukemia earlier this year, and I'm so grateful to God. I'm been going through treatment and everything is going great so far, and I expected to continue a man.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 8: Amen, And I'm just grateful for everything. Like I'm doing things I want to do. I'm back into my music. I'm going to school for audio engineering, loving all my children and just being grateful and taking every opportunity that comes my way.
Speaker 1: That's a good positive outlook.
Speaker 3: You better believe it. And that's why I always talking about health as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, health as well, you know.
Speaker 3: In your health, because it's not one day you will.
Speaker 2: Have you ever met Nibya No, she's she's funny, she's a hilarious person.
Speaker 1: She might be you know, she has a child with Lil Wayne to.
Speaker 3: H Nybia.
Speaker 2: All right, Tiana Taylor is looking for dancers for her feature directorial debut. So she went on Instagram stories and she says, you're looking for dancers for get light and she wants dancers particularly from Harlem.
Speaker 1: That's her hometown.
Speaker 2: So she put up an open call post looking for exceptional talent and people with a brand of energy and style that can fully represent New York. And so they announced this back in March of last year. Earlier this year they dated the film for a theatrical release, and I guess now it's really going and it's going to come out in the spring next year.
Speaker 3: I love that. Take care of your people.
Speaker 2: Right, So go look online if you want to.
Speaker 3: Apply, if you dancing and.
Speaker 2: Tumblrs people, specialty tricks, street style dancers, acrobatic experience and all of that, you can.
Speaker 3: Can you tell I'm going to the hosp.
Speaker 1: What's going on the hallway?
Speaker 3: Get emergency up here.
Speaker 2: And shout out to Travis Scott by the way. He's on the cover of Variety right now. He's in the Odyssey, by the way, so he talks about that. He's got a new album on the way also, and he's got a first look deal with Paramount Pictures. So he said he wants to bring back amazing films, pictures and just creative, good ideas.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that is your yet when we come back, ask ye eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty any question, Me and T. K.
Speaker 1: Kirkland are here to help you out.
Speaker 6: It's way up, all right, sense whether it's relationship or Korea advice. Angela's dropping facts.
Speaker 7: This is as Kee brought to you by top Law.
Speaker 2: What's up his way up? At Angela? He and me and t to the MFK.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Is here with me today?
Speaker 4: T K.
Speaker 2: Kirkland and we have Heaven on the line for ask ye and her question is she's dating this guy and there's a couple of red flags.
Speaker 8: I've been talking for the rest, right, you want to make it a picture until mers this little dog, but he's like baby.
Speaker 2: He sat a long dog.
Speaker 8: I found out that it's really a dog that he talked to his eggs.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I believe that when you snoop, you get what you deserve.
Speaker 5: So the pain that you're going through now, you gotta choose with the pain you want Champagne. Yeah, So either you're gonna give him a pass and deal with it, or you're gonna cut him off.
Speaker 2: Okay, I disagree. Okay, I want to say this. First of all, we are allowed to snoop if it's online and open, right, and you just and you just happened to see that excuse you're.
Speaker 3: Giving you the game from a real name.
Speaker 2: Your exes, because whenever you're dating somebody, you are gonna go look at their excess page.
Speaker 3: No, I totally agree.
Speaker 5: So what I'm trying to say is, now that she found out the truth, let them go and get somebody else.
Speaker 3: Protect your peace. Why I live with that pain? Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Does he know that you know who his ex is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was, you know, I'm like, okay, let me just screw up the fine line.
Speaker 5: See who.
Speaker 1: I scrolled down.
Speaker 2: I'll find that that he's still.
Speaker 3: But she's but she knows that he's with you though, right I would?
Speaker 1: I thought so, But now at this point I don't know. Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 3: Why that means he knows when he's with her? He's lying both, y'all.
Speaker 1: He's a liar.
Speaker 3: He's lying, y'all.
Speaker 2: Once you're looking through somebody's phone and things like kind of yeah.
Speaker 4: You already locked in?
Speaker 3: No, no, not locked in, it's already over. Like why I deal with the pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at that point it's on you, like yeah, yes, whatever you stay with somebody, you could be mad, you could be for them. It's on you. If you say now, I would if I were you tell him, I would be like, I just want to let you know that I did see that you've been lying to me about the dog, and I on that to be weird. And I also did see when I was looking at you, you know, looking on your phone for whatever.
Speaker 1: You didn't have your.
Speaker 2: Phone, but I did see that you still are sharing locations with your ex.
Speaker 1: And so to me, it feels like you're just honest.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a chapter of your life that you're not willing to close, but I'm not comfortable with that.
Speaker 1: So good luck to y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and another way, next time you have sex.
Speaker 2: With him, she's not going to anymore.
Speaker 5: If you have sex with him and you're laying in bed and he's feeling good, he's rubbing in your ear and you just say, baby, I love you, I love you too, and he said, you know what, I checked your location.
Speaker 3: I know that you still are dealing with that, young lady.
Speaker 5: You got a day to end it or I'm done, okay, ultimatom that's some fly stuff listen to that's playing to play.
Speaker 2: Punk depends and you can say and by the way, don't bring that dog over here again.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's right. Do it that way.
Speaker 1: Well, that's her day.
Speaker 3: Give me a dog. Are you gonna give you that dog?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Good luck Heaven. You know you deserve but that you know what it.
Speaker 3: Is, Yeah, you know what it is. If you don't like it, then get find somebody in New.
Speaker 2: Love O the Redflex. It's been two months since y'all have been official. It's too much, yeah, and it's too it's too soon though.
Speaker 5: Ooh see. You see now you got to hit the agenda, you see. And women who have a hitting agenda, this is what you get. Let go yard first, you Sol, you sold your.
Speaker 3: Soul, You sol your soul, soul. This is the results.
Speaker 1: Good luck Heaven.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 2: That was ask Yee eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty dest in case you couldn't get through.
Speaker 1: Thank you. T. K.
Speaker 10: Kirkland.
Speaker 1: Also ask Yee is brought to you by Top Dog Law.
Speaker 2: Call them for any accident big or small, just go to topdog Law dot com. And when we come back on this Wealth Wednesday, we have Wayne Fortune, the founder of Brooklyn Bloke, joining us find out how he went from selling clothes on the street and also from being an artist, a music artist that was signed to BMG, becoming a clothing entrepreneur with the store inside of Grand Central Terminal.
Speaker 1: It's way up, get.
Speaker 6: You straight financially, mentally and physically. This is Wealth Wednesday on Way Up with Angela ye.
Speaker 2: What's up? This way up with Angela Yee? And you know, I'm excited. This is a fun Wealth Wednesday for me. Stacy tisday is here and happy Wealth Wednesdays.
Speaker 11: Everybody there's cool and then they're super cool, and then they're super dope, and they we are super dope.
Speaker 2: The one and only Wayne Fortune aka the Brooklyn Bloke.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much, thank you, thank you for having me very cool.
Speaker 1: What can I say about Wayne?
Speaker 11: He had just a music career that so many artists just dream of.
Speaker 2: His first band Another.
Speaker 11: Level, their first single featured jay Z that led to a tour with Janet.
Speaker 1: Jackson, but he walked away from all that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, the music business is the music business. I just got to a point where I wasn't enjoying what I was doing, like creatively and just decided it wasn't for me.
Speaker 2: So your brand, Brooklyn Bloke started as a T shirt. Can you talk to me about how your marketing journey started.
Speaker 4: Bloke is old British slang for a man a fellow, and.
Speaker 9: We were thinking about community, and we were thinking about connection and started to play around with some ideas and I came up with the Brooklyn Bloke logo and the identity, and then I started to include the definition of a bloke and that really started to catch on.
Speaker 4: And I just finished producing these T shirts.
Speaker 9: So I brought the suitcase out, you know, I just unlocked it on the block and I just started giving them out to everybody.
Speaker 4: And then after that I ended up at Tom Dick and Harris.
Speaker 3: They gave me a break there and.
Speaker 9: I was able to invite those kids from the block to Tom D's and you know, we had a nice event. I did, like an install presentation, and that was really when I started to kind of get some traction in the neighborhood, in the local community, and started to get people to understand.
Speaker 4: What I was doing, what Bloke meant, what.
Speaker 9: My intentions were, and having all of these conversations that started connecting the community to the branch.
Speaker 2: Right now, the founder and owner of Brooklyn Bloke, Wayne Fortune, is here with us. That's right. He went from London and got his roots in Brooklyn, and that kind of initiated the pop up ideas.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, yes, So I had no place to sell this, so after tom Dy's, the shout out to tom Dy's, they would literally cash me out, like in the summer, Like I could just go there, all right, we'll take this, this, this, this, this, And after we did it.
Speaker 4: In store presentation, that was great.
Speaker 9: But then I started to realize that my product wasn't being positioned the way I liked. I'm from London, I have a slightly different aesthetic, so I wanted to position it myself, but I couldn't afford renting any of these stores. So I took it to the streets, flipped the table. Everybody kind of liked it immediately, and a few people were like, why don't you try and get the store, And I was like, I'm not really in the market for a store, but they kept saying it to me, which was sending me a direct message, we want this in our neighborhood, we want this in our community. We understand it. If you're amazing to have something like this here.
Speaker 2: All right. The founder and owner of Brooklyn Bloke. Wayne Fortune is here with us today. Find out more about his story on Wealth Wednesday. How he went from being a recording artist to selling t shirts on the street to having his own brick and mortar inside of Grand Central Station.
Speaker 1: We have more when we come back.
Speaker 6: It's Way Up and my Wealth Dog getting you straight financially, mentally and physically.
Speaker 7: This is Wealth Wednesday on Way Up with Angela Ye.
Speaker 2: What's up his way Up with Angela Yee and the story is from London to Grand Central. How Wayne Fortune built a Brooklyn Bloke into a movement. It's a black owned contemporary streetwear and lifestyle brand. And we have Wayne Fortune here with us today. How important is authenticity when it comes to your brand?
Speaker 9: When you buy something from Brooklyn blokecus, it's not what you pay for or what you buy, is actually what you get back in return, which is a piece of this journey of resilience and character. And that's not to toot my own home, but literally I've lived this on the street corners, wanting to quit. And I think everything that people talk about when they come to the story is how much they love the energy, how much they love the presentation. And I was that meticulous on the street. People used to mock me because because of how many times I'd fold a T shirt.
Speaker 4: And that's the type of pride, you know, my values.
Speaker 9: You know, the reason why I stopped being in the music business is in the brand self reliance or you know, real bleed and bleeding talk.
Speaker 11: About what you mean by bleeding. It was a fascinating I just got part of our conversation.
Speaker 9: Well, I think you know, when we talk about entrepreneurialism, we always go to success or failure, but in the middle there's just a lot of bleeding us like how much can you take?
Speaker 4: And as we know, a lot of people just fall out because.
Speaker 9: Out you know what I mean, you know, all of a sudden, you know you don't want to do it anymore, you know, And we all say, you know, you could be just around the corner from that. And a friend of mine said to me, damn man, it's like you just won't stops. Like you're impossible to kill. And I really believe. I believe that as an entrepreneur, if you're really serious about what you're doing, you need to be impossible to kill.
Speaker 2: Right now, Founder and owner of Brooklyn Bloke, Wayne Fortune is here with us. That's right.
Speaker 1: He went from London and got his roots in Brooklyn.
Speaker 11: You really made me rethink retail because when I asked you, I'm like, do you want the call to action of your interview to be for people to go buy your products online?
Speaker 1: You really took me to school on that.
Speaker 4: Listen, everybody's situation is different.
Speaker 9: You know, the internet is a huge place everybody's selling. It's huge for commerce, but it lacks personal connection experience. And we have just noticed that Brooklyn Bloke, that people like to be around us, they like to be in our stores. So we've just been thinking, you know that we don't necessarily need to have such a large presence for e commerce, and we actually are intentionally strategically moving offline.
Speaker 1: That is like the opposite of what the average person is doing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but what's interesting if you're talking about a trend you mentioned Nike, what the difference between that.
Speaker 9: If you look at Nike and you look at all of these big brands, they're pulling product out of all of these at a store, and they're creating unique experiences for Nike and for the Nike consumer. I've seen a huge benefit and really getting to know my consumer.
Speaker 4: Our repeat business is incredible.
Speaker 9: If I could just for a minute speak about how we define success. Most of the time we're thinking about money. I think sometimes we should pay more attention to that. You know, what affect our brand or our business or our purpose is actually having on the marketplace and all people sort of thing, and that's something that is more valuable to of course, I've got to make money. I like to stay fresh like everybody else. You know, I've got things I like and you know, our family, all of that sort of stuff. But in marketplace results, I think is really underestimated. And I think for the young entrepreneur, for the startup, for people who are coming up in a game, don't underestimate the impact that you can have on the environment that you're in.
Speaker 4: And I'm really really proud of that.
Speaker 1: All right again, Happy with Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Everybody, make sure you check out that for an interview with Wayne Fortune, the founder of Brooklyn Bloke on my YouTube channel Way Up at the Year and when we come it's your show, so you have the last.
Speaker 6: Word to get your voice heard with the word he is the last word on Way Up with Angela.
Speaker 1: Ye, what's up his Way Up at Angela yee.
Speaker 7: T K.
Speaker 1: Kirkling, thank you so much for hanging out with me today.
Speaker 5: Always a pleasure, my queen. I think you're amazing. Every time I see you, you get more beautiful each time.
Speaker 3: That is so that's awesome.
Speaker 5: I love that you're a good business woman and you've got things going on, and I just love you.
Speaker 2: You always bring me flowers. What should I bring you?
Speaker 3: Just a hug? I just want hugg all right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also a Wealth Wednesday, so thank you again to our guy Wayne Fortune for joining us. Brooklyn Bloke watched that for interview on my YouTube channel. But check out his e commerce store or if you ever make it to Grand Central Station here in New York.
Speaker 1: City there, yeah, you would like it, and.
Speaker 2: Make sure you see T. K. Kirkland. Where can people find you online?
Speaker 5: This weekend, let's start with this fifth Pittsburgh Lady Jeb City Winery.
Speaker 3: Listen, there's only a few tickets left.
Speaker 5: Then come check me out September, I mean August six in Chicago City, Watery and Jackson, Mississippi, Mark Curry, Tony Roberts, T. K.
Speaker 3: Kirkland at Thalya Mara Hall.
Speaker 5: Then September fourth to the sixth, check me out Pleasanton, California, MA. She writes this down.
Speaker 1: He's doing all this stuff the top of his head.
Speaker 5: And then on September sixteenth, Nashville, Tennessee City Waterery, the list goes on.
Speaker 3: Lady DWNE and she'll tell you I'm literally booked. You will have a tame the next twelve years.
Speaker 1: You will have a time. We'll see you here next year.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, this is your show, so you have the last word.