Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Ready for a break? Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 7: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com right with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought Us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 8: It is Wednesday, January fifteenth, twenty twenty five, Season twenty, episode number ninety nine. Welcome to the latest edition of The Break. We're Alive from the SWBC Morriage Studios at the Star, represented by LGLG is the world's number one O led TV brand for eleven years accounting see why at LG dot com Forward slash o led evo.
Speaker 5: How's everybody doing today?
Speaker 3: Good show ninety nine with a Chared doesn't roll to the desk?
Speaker 9: Maybeybe for one hundred We.
Speaker 3: Get it done. We'll get that done.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 8: So much is happening in Cowboys world. A lot has happened since the last time we were on the air. Cowboys have moved on from Mike McCarthy and it was a, I guess an amicable split where they both agreed that this was not the best move for them to stay together, and I feel like both will land on their feet. I actually think this is one no situation where everybody can be happy at the end of the day, right, I agree. That being said, let's talk a little bit about Mike McCarthy in his career here.
Speaker 5: Uh he had.
Speaker 8: He had a forty nine and thirty five record. He was one and three in the playoffs. Obviously not great, but not very different than the last four, five, six head coaches for this team. That being said, he was He has the fifth best winning percentage of any Cowboys coach. He was a bit a bit better than Garrett and a bit worse than Wade. My first question for you guys is if you were kind of putting him in a ranking of Cowboys coaches, where would he fall for you?
Speaker 2: M definitely behind the three super Bowl winning coaches. Yep, I would have to immediately put them put him behind those three.
Speaker 5: So Switzer as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, just just for super Bowl reasons. I mean, it's you want a super Bowl. If you're here one year and you want a super Bowl, it's it's still in my eyes, I uh, I think Parcels did a really good job of flipping this thing around. So maybe fifth so better than Wade and Garrett. I would say better than Wade and Garrett. I think if if McCarthy had as much time as Garrett had, that would have been proven for sure.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, I just wish Jerry would have caught Bill when Bill was younger. Yeah, you know, and and I I mean, I'm I'm gonna say nice things about Bill, even though Bill and I, you know, we at the end, he said enough of you, Brian, bye, leave, and I'm like cool, I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Know, he he it's his that's his deal.
Speaker 10: But I wish Jerry would have caught him younger because I think things would have I think you could have built some because I think Wade and others benefited from that, that two thousand and five draft, you know, with where and all those I think there's some I think some coaches after benefited from that. The way that that kind of played out. Like I said, Bill wasn't here enough time, I mean long enough to really really make the difference. I think Garrett was here too long. And I would like to have seen, like you said, I'd like to have seen McCarthy potentially have had the same amount of time with that. I think that that, you know, Switzer, I don't know if I could put Switzer up that high, you know, I just for where he was. The only thing I think with Barry Switzer is the playoff success with the Super Bowl. That's the only thing you could really say about him. But these other coaches, I mean, you look at like the playoff opportunities, there's been failure in those and so I mean, those guys are all the Garretts, the Wade, Philip, those guys.
Speaker 3: Are kind of all the same.
Speaker 10: You know, if you just put them all together, you could just make them one guy. And that's kind of how you know, some really good regular season success pouring the playoffs and ultimately it led to your demise where you get fired.
Speaker 3: So I don't know how to rank those guys.
Speaker 10: But like I said, I wish Bill Parcells was a younger version of of himself when he came here.
Speaker 3: I suppose where he was.
Speaker 8: So are you saying you would put McCarthy in the mix with Yeah, it wasn't necessarily above or I will I think just all one big.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's a terrible way. And you asked a really good question. And I and I and I hate when I don't give a definite answer. But I can't give a definite answer about those guys because I think they all had some success. I think I think Wade, I think Man check it out. I mean they all three had to run and Wade had the first overall seat got bounced. Yeah, Garrett had the first overall seat got bounced.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: Uh, McCarthy, second overall seat got bounced. You know those are those are those are career defining moments. So I really can't put you know, who is the who is the best of that? Who is the worst? Because of all three times, it's it's devastating coaching there. And so that's why I kind of habit, you know, habit the way I do.
Speaker 6: Correct me if I'm wrong in case I misheard something you said. But I think you said that Garrett was here too long. He was like ten years. But then with McCarthy, you don't feel like he was here long enough. So at what point? Yeah, And I'm just asking because what is the right amount to give a head coach to be able to properly turn things around? You don't feel like and I was expecting McCarthy to say here, but again, when you look at it and you take a step back, you're like, oh, damn, five years already went, and you miss the greatest opportunity, which was last year in that playoff game question against Green Bay. You missed the chance that you had. So again, watch the year six years. To me, you give him the you know, we talked about five years. And the one thing that this owner general manager will do, he has patience for this stuff. He really does have patience because there's a lot of teams out there that will move on from the coach.
Speaker 10: I mean, we've went years, We've got coaches are getting fired after one year exactly. So to me, if if you give a coach, say six years, I kind of feel like you got it's the five plus the one to kind of if something is, say something were to happen in the five years where there was an injury, major injury, lose your quarterback, you know, give somebody that extra year to make up for a potentially a roster that gets wrecked with injury. That's that's kind of why I feel like six is that number for me.
Speaker 5: But doesn't provide a lot of security for a coach. And maybe that's why this is this ended up the way it was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that being said, tell me what would if you go back and you just kind of put it in the microcosm of the entire five years. What was the best thing that you liked about what McCarthy did here with the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I would say sustained regular season success because I don't feel like that was necessarily seen under the past few head coaches. I mean, three straight years of twelve and five. That's an accomplishment, And that's any that at least puts you back in the conversation of Okay, they're gonna have another chance, so surely they won't blow it here this time around.
Speaker 5: Like how you said that, Yeah, yeah, take it.
Speaker 2: But but I think that that's that's an accomplishment in it's own right. And and his first season with the offense being first and scoring first in total first and total offense, I think I think that's an accomplishment, is owned right. I liked the sustained regular season success because I think you can build on that because you didn't necessarily have that, Darren Garrett, you had pockets of regular seasons.
Speaker 8: That it almost semed like you was all every other year kind of thing for a while with that.
Speaker 2: Eight and eight run, and it's just like, oh my goodness, you would every other year for a tenant sticks at some point, you know. And so I think that's something to really build on for this next head coach. And I think one of the questions in this next interview cycle for the Cowboys should be, Okay, you see these three twelve and five seasons we had, how can we build on this in the postseason?
Speaker 9: And that's where you take it from here.
Speaker 2: I think that's going to always be we look back on from McCarthy's tenure is that he could not get it done in the postseason.
Speaker 6: Well with me and I haven't had much experience with different kinds of head coaches, but something that stood out and coming out of that twenty twenty year was the way that he started implementing things to benefit the player's health, the player's mental health. And that's the topic that came about a lot during that twenty twenty year and everything that was going on around the world, and he carried that throughout different programs that he brought into the Cowboys facility to help players with whatever they're struggling with and I know some people might not care, like, oh whatever, but that is a very important aspect and I think the players really took advantage of that and saw a lot of value in that. Now on the other token, on the other hand, I do feel looking at this year, there was a big lack of discipline in the last few years as far as all the holding calls penalties that we talked about year after year that you didn't necessarily saw a ton of improvement. I think the discipline lacked there. And also when you started talking about this previous season, oh, we didn't have a good practice, Well, what the heck? You're supposed to show up every practice and have good practice. That shouldn't even be a topic of conversation. So things like that that I because he is the face the head coach, is the face of the team. I put that on him and the way he was kind of the leadership around that aspect of things. But like I said, the mental health thing, and this is something people don't talk off them, but I've seen it here during the transition. I saw what he was before with Jason Garrett. Jason Garrett was great with that too, but this he just took it to a different level.
Speaker 10: He showed me that Dak Prescott could be an MVP quarterback, is what he did last year. He gave me some hope that if done the right way, if you get the right combination of with the line, say you get the receivers going, you get a tight end going, that your quarterback is capable of playing at a very very high level. Did it translate into playoff wins. No, but he did show me going forward that like, if done the right way, and you're now you're tied to this quarterback for at least a couple of years until you determine that Okay, it's either going to work, you know, or you know, like some teams have done with their franchise quarterbacks, they've moved on. But he showed me for one year that this guy is capable as being one of the top quarterbacks in the National Football League. And so I don't think that's an accident.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 10: Something that's that's worked with the staff, let's worked with the player. But they just couldn't capture that this year. And I think that ultimately is what got him fired. They couldn't get their offense playing at the level it was last year. But he did show me that the quarterback is capable of playing at a very very high level.
Speaker 5: So flip that, what would you what would you like least about his time here?
Speaker 2: The postseason success. I mean, that's just the one thing I could point back to. Getting ready for big games. I don't feel like this team was ever in a position to feel comfortable going into a big game, and that that applies to the regular season too. Sure, there were some big wins, I think we talked about this last week on this show, but the big games and the offense not being ready for those big games, and then specifically as a play caller, the stagnon offensive play calling. It was just it was it was mind boggling at times. And that's that's definitely what I like to least.
Speaker 10: You know, I don't think he showed consistency. And you talk about play calling, that's last year you saw, you know, offense, Why do you go from being one of the best red zone offense, one of the highest scoring offenses, one of the most productive offenses in the league, to being something that was just near the bottom. Even ever, he still had DAK in every single metric category. You were near thirty one or thirty two in everything, and you know, I understand what happened on the defense, you're changing coordinators. Zimmer at myts that he should have done things differently, but the offense shouldn't have been that drastically. There should not have been this massive dip from one season to the next. I think ultimately that's you know, that's something that's on Mike McCarthy. Yeah, you showed me Dak could be an MVP candidate, But you also showed me though your offense is when not you know, not helping that quarterback that way can be just awful, and it was this year. And like I say, I think that cost him his job.
Speaker 6: The play calling I've talked about this hall season long. I think the previous season it was successful because you still had some carryover of what Kellen Moore and him himself were working with and all that. So it still worked. You still put out numbers. I mean uh, and then this year when he him everything that he was doing again, some of the decisions that were taking. And this is from you me looking at it from an outside perspective. I know that being in it is completely different and you're you're looking at things differently, but as a viewer a spectator, I just wanted to hit myself in the wall and go crazy. I'm like, what is happening? Like, why are we doing this? Why? So that I hated I was not a fan of the play caller. I liked him as a head coach, did not like his play calling abilities.
Speaker 8: Okay, so if Mike called you, Mike McCarthy called you and said, hey, man, I'm thinking about this job in New Orleans. Would you mind writing me a letter of recommendation. Would you be willing to recommend Mike McCarthy as a head coach for another NFL team?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I would.
Speaker 5: Players.
Speaker 2: Coach has has shown the ability to bounce back from losses. I think that's something we didn't necessarily see this last year. But you go back to the previous three seasons. Whenever this team lost, he got them ready to go on that Monday morning again. I think his schedule is unique. His practice schedule during the week is certainly unique, but I think it benefits the player at the end of the day and it has them physically prepared on Sundays.
Speaker 5: The reason why I say that is because.
Speaker 9: Well, it's not a physical team. This last year that's right, and I guess.
Speaker 8: But my point is I don't think it showed up necessarily in them being more physical. I don't think it showed up necessarily in them being less injury prone. So I'm wondering what was the real advantage and benefit of all the things he was doing to protect their bodies.
Speaker 10: There's no and there's a lot of things I'm critical of, and we're doing a good job of that right now. It's not accident though, that on short weeks this team found ways to win games.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think there's something to that, I really really do. And whether it's the practice schedule, is this a physical enough team?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: You can watch in the playoffs right now and say they can't be they're not playing like that. They can't beat Detroit, they can't beat you know. I mean the team that's amazing to me is the Rams. How they just start out like one and four every year and then kind of figure it out. Yeah, you know, all of a sudden they go from being in this man they look awful, to my god, I don't want to play them. So, you know, and this is where you have a difference maker, head coach, This is where your head coach can be. I just I feel, like I said, there's not an accident that he does get short week wins. There's And the schedule in the NFL now is crazy, you know, with the way it's played. So but does it make your team more physical, more tough? You know maybe with this guy, No it doesn't. But you know, but I would recommend that he does. To Amber's point, he does have the he does have the ability to identify with his team what they need health wise. And what's the one thing that we always talk about each week? And first thing you open every show with Derek Nick, tell me about the injury report. You know, So it's always about once we get to the finals and near the super Bowl, this team, the final four teams, nobody will be hurt. Everybody be good to go and play. And that's in McCarthy. And last year they were a very healthy team. They were the second seat, a very healthy team and got bounced.
Speaker 6: So, you know, well, and another thing, whether it was him or other people and the coaching staff, the fact that looking at the season halfway through, everybody was taking them out of the playoff runs already and saying they're done, they're over, and the fact that the team still showed up and the players showed up during game day at least and went out there and tried and about it. Like my point is, he didn't lose the team. The players were still standing by him, and I think that speaks volume, and that's something huge, and it's difficult to do sometimes when you're faced in a situation where you feel like you can generate points and you get third and out, it's old. There goes the defense back out on the field. So I think there's value to that as well.
Speaker 10: Can I convince you that these players were all young, and we're playing for something, playing for more, for contracts, better contracts, playing for jobs.
Speaker 6: But there's also young and dumb too, you know. And I mean, and I'm not trying to disrespect anybody, but there's also, yes, people that are playing for something. Yeah, and there's people that I can't care less too, you know, they they're still getting paid or whatever. The type of mindset that I think it could go either way.
Speaker 10: And I kind of feel like, yes, they played hard for Mike, I think they played harder for them for themselves.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 10: I think that you had a guys like brock Hoffman you had Rico Daddle.
Speaker 5: They're trying to earn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were trying.
Speaker 10: Like they have guys like Tolbert who are like there's so many questions, Like Nick Harris will write an article about Tolbert needs to pick up his game, and Tolbert's like, I don't read that stuff. I don't think I wrote that, jal No, no, no, But I'm just what I'm saying. That's what we talk about it, you know, and they hear that, and they see that, and a lot of these guys you look at look at Carl Lawson, Carl Lawson, no gig, no job. All of a sudden spring, you know, all of a sudden comes in training camp and we oh, Carlawson's on say, oh, Carl Lawson is not the same player. Carl Lawson played in the season like he like he'd played at Cincinnati, like he'd been I think a lot of these guys that were making one point two million dollars, one point one million dollars, nine hundred and twenty seven thousand dollars said, you know what, this is our chance to prove to somebody in this league that are value. Oh so diggy zuwa, I give I give Zimmer. Those guys credit dan Quinn. As much as we love dan Quinn, he never got osed to play like this. Hell, he didn't get Mozzie Smith to play like this, you know. So I mean there's something to guys hearing it and wanting to go be better. And I think that McCarthy, yes, he benefits from it. But I also think there's a group. There was a group over there that was kind of of like, man if I don't play hard, I might not get another chance. This might be my one chance.
Speaker 2: I think specifically, if you're looking at a job like Chicago, you saw a lot of quit in that team in the last few weeks as they went on that double digit losing streak. I don't think you ever saw this team really quit on Mike. The only time that that like popped in my mind was right after Christmas in the Eagles game in Philadelphia, just because they looked awful that day. Yeah, and then they bounced back the next week in Week eighteen, and they fought to the very last play in that game. So I think there's something to be said in that. And you look back to all of McCarthy's teams going back to Green Bay, you didn't. You don't really find much quit around around his teams, So it depends on much you value that.
Speaker 8: All right, we're going to take our first break when we come back. We're gonna look forward, and we're gonna talk about what this team needs in a new coach, and we're gonna throw out some names. I got a list of names that I've broken into five different categories, and we'll talk about these players, I mean, these coaches, and see where we think this thing will ultimately land. We'll be back Dallas Cowboys dot com Radio.
Speaker 11: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 3: See atd dot com Slash five g for you fifty deals.
Speaker 12: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized.
Speaker 5: Intense therapy wipball.
Speaker 12: Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas. Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboy is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out.
Speaker 3: Of your car.
Speaker 13: You can take advantage of Take five's stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area.
Speaker 11: And remember, at Take five you stay in.
Speaker 13: Your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 14: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stay in tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Star and Frisco, or online at Lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 15: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store letter rip Troy All right.
Speaker 16: Voc Let's get started with Yedty French Press and join coy their Day's high hours and French Press thirty four for U six four for the cruise YETI French Press.
Speaker 9: What mixed waterproof bags?
Speaker 16: Bags of waterproof some hirst w waterproof doubles, waterprove bag bags forts mostly the water shoul get a waterprove Yetti bag glat smell something cooking new cast iron skillets make to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak cornerback comperence, pot Pine and Ptatoes next level with three sizes of the yetty cast iron.
Speaker 15: Skillets, Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 6: Today back to the Break, LG oled evo is the best TV in the game, but don't take our word for it. Digital Trends said that LG OLEDG four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. See it for yourself at LG dot com. Slash O led Evil Welcome back.
Speaker 8: Second segment of the Break live from that SEBUVC Mortgage Studios at the star of the segment brought to you about blockchain dot Com. All right, here's a big question for you guys. What does this team need most in a head coach?
Speaker 9: They need someone who knows how to win. They need a winner. They need that would've giving me really that?
Speaker 2: I mean, they need a winner. They don't need they don't need an experiment. They don't need a former coordinator.
Speaker 8: Who you say, someone who has won before, who has won before, who has done the job at at the NFL level.
Speaker 2: At the NFL level, And if it's if it's uncomfortable, okay, it's uncomfortable, But but do it. I have one candidate in my mind as Pete Carroll just because he's won before. He in eleven of his final twelve seasons in Seattle or winning seasons. Uh, he's gotten to a super Bowl. You see what that defense was like when whatever he was, he was a part of that. I mean, you're interviewing a guy like Robert Solid today. Pete Carroll was his was his mentor back in Seattle. You talk about Dan Quinn a couple of years ago and what he loved about you know, what he brought to Dallas. You know dan Quinn or excuse me, Pete Carroll is a big reason for his success in the NFL. You need a winner and and you need a guy who's a proven winner.
Speaker 3: Do you worry about Pete Carroll hiring an offensive coach?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I think that's probably where they step in and and there would have to definitely be some figuring out of power structure between between Carol and the Joneses that Yeah, And I think one of those pieces would have to be the Cowboys going and getting.
Speaker 10: The wrong See this is the most important thing that he just said, you better get somebody knows how to work with the Jones or somebody.
Speaker 3: That's capable of that.
Speaker 10: You know, first off, I mean you could talk about walking in there and command the room and respect and all that of the players, which I think is very important. This is a unique place. Have said it before. You better figure out how to work with this front office, and you know, you better have You better be ready. You're going to be asked your opinion on players. You better have your opinion. You better be ready to work. You better be ready to you know, you better be ready for some of the things. I don't think when Mike McCarthy got here that he really knew what he was getting into. By the time Mike McCarthy left here, I think he clearly understood what he was dealing with. And I think they understood what Mike McCarthy was all about too. But this is a different, different organization the way it operates. So you're going to have to not only not only stand in front of that team and be a leader, but you're going to have to stand in front of this front office and be a leader too and be able to work with them. And there's going to be some difficult times where you don't think it's the right thing to do, but you've got to push through. You've got to find a way. So you need somebody that's really mentally tough to handle the things because it's going to be it's not always going to be easy. There's gonna be a lot of scrutiny. You're gonna wake up every morning and your job's gonna be talked about on national programs. You better be tough when you walk in here to be able to handle all this because it's a big job. It's a huge job, and so if you get the wrong guy in here, we're gonna be talking about this in you know, two three years that we're gonna do this all over again. I like what you're saying about Pete Carroll. I do like that. I do have questions though he's always had some issues with the offensive staff in some way. There's always been some kind of questions with your coordinators and how he wanted to operate and the coordinators wanted to do this.
Speaker 3: That and the other.
Speaker 10: You've got a lot of money tied up in this offense. Your quarterback, your wide receiver. You can't get that wrong. You know, you've got to be able to make sure that that's going forward, because if you don't, then again we're gonna be talking about a new coach in three years if you if if that guy doesn't get it done.
Speaker 2: The questions about do you want to get offensive minded defensive minded?
Speaker 9: I want a CEO.
Speaker 2: I want a CEO that can just oversee everything and you have a different offensive player, different defensive play caller.
Speaker 9: I think that would be.
Speaker 2: When you look at when you look at certain teams and how they have performed over the course of the last few years.
Speaker 9: You see Andy Reid, you know, and Matt and Aggie having.
Speaker 2: That special relationships in Kansas City, Kyle Shanahan as well with with certain offensive guys that he has sure he calls plays. But I think there's a I think there's a healthy power structure there. I would like to see that. I would like to see that here.
Speaker 6: I would I agree with everything you said, actually, as far as you'd need listen. I don't have time. I don't have patience anymore. One of my favorite words in the English I don't know if it's in the dictionary, but lolly gay I don't have time for LOLLI guy is I don't want to know LOLLI gay up and over here, we're getting ready to work and make things happen. And for that I need somebody to come in here with the kind of experience you just mentioned, because, like I said to you, Brian, that question, how much time do you give somebody to turn things around? Six years is a long time? Six years? How would I be, Oh my god, no, this is too Murray how true?
Speaker 2: I wonder how much how much is riding upstairs about you know, like, hey, this is this is an important hire, this is a really important higher And I Jerry mentioned his age whenever the DAK deal was signed right before the Cleveland game, and he was like, I want him to be the quarterback for the rest of my time here. And you would have to think that this head coach decision has a lot to do with that same thought process. Because you have four years left with Dak, are guaranteed, you have four recD You're expected to probably have five six with Michael Parsons.
Speaker 9: You want to maximize this window.
Speaker 2: And I wonder how much more pressure is put on upstairs on getting this right.
Speaker 6: And the other thing that's that's a trick thing is when you start talking about the money and the caps out the cap and everything that this off season brings. You're gonna have some challenges there with the type of players and talent that you have that you're gonna have to eat again. It just adds to you, Okay, Now you need player development and you can't. Who knows how much money you're going to have to spend in free agency. So you have to have somebody that can make things happen out of what you've got, out of the resources that you have. And not everyone can do that kind of thing. There's no trial and error. I'm done with the trial. Give me the results.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 8: I look at the last three coaches that the Cowboys have had, and I think the big departure I want to see in this next hire is someone who's a little bit who instills a little more toughness and accountability in this team. Sure, I look at and I've talked about Dan Campbell and how much I love what he did in Detroit. I think you fake it till you make it. But his message didn't change. He's very clear, we're gonna be tough. Even if we lose the game, We're gonna win the fight. We did that And I'm not saying I want somebody to come in and try to be Dan Campbell, but I do want someone who thinks it's similar to Parcels Parcels. I remember him talking about training when he first got to the Cowboys, and he said, something suck with me. He was like, you know, the only way he believes that you prepare a team for the rigors of the NFL is putting them through the rigors of the NFL. You gotta work them hard in order to get their bodies prepared.
Speaker 5: To be able to go through what you need to go through.
Speaker 8: And that that, to me, is a little bit of a departure from the way I think Mike McCarthy looks at it. And again I'm not saying one's right or wrong, but I think right now with this team needs is more of that hard love, more of that We're gonna work really, really hard, and we're going to care less about taking care of our bodies in that way, and we're gonna care more about putting our bodies through the riggers to prepare ourselves for being able to handle hard.
Speaker 6: How many, if you had to put a number, like, how many coaches are still like that? In this day and age, because I feel like things go well but continuously change. That would be clear becoming. I mean, I don't want to call it soft, but just very different than what he was years and years ago.
Speaker 5: That's fair.
Speaker 8: What I will say is I look at teams like Detroit, I look at teams like Pittsburgh where their coach, I think their coach has a very tough mentality. And you watch those football teams play and you see the toughness, you see the level of physicality that they play with. Yeah, and I think it's a reflection of the coach and how the coach coaches them.
Speaker 10: The guy in Kansas City, he doesn't sit guys in the preseason.
Speaker 3: He's playing football. Play Yeah, he's playing football.
Speaker 10: But he plays football in the preseason, so he could sit guys in Week eighteen.
Speaker 3: That's how he kind of looks at it.
Speaker 9: You know, that was very poetic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's wow. That but that's what he does. Yeah.
Speaker 10: There's coaches that, you know, they're coaches that are terrified with injury and then ultimately what happens you get injured, get it? Yeah, you know, I mean some of the you know, Derek brought up about Parcels.
Speaker 3: People. Parcels made being in the training room miserable. He did. And you could talk to Britt Brown and Jim Maher and those guys.
Speaker 10: Maybe the easiest they've ever had it working here was with Bill Parcells because nobody was in there. I mean, those players would be banged up, nicked up, whatever.
Speaker 3: They know.
Speaker 10: I ain't going in there. He's gonna walk by and see me sitting in this training room and wonder what you know. Now, it's a different era, that is.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying going back to it, yeah, but but there has to be an in between.
Speaker 3: But there has to be.
Speaker 6: But like we said, that's what I'm that's what I meant by that. It's like now the I mean more years ago by you started getting away from that and everything.
Speaker 3: Is on Oklahoma drills and all.
Speaker 10: You know, it's not hey, no water breaks or all that stuff. It's just literally though, you know, you when this team was really really successful under like a Jimmy Johnson, and it's a different era, they practiced hard, they practiced outside, they practiced. There was a lot of things going into that. And you know, we don't I don't think there's a lot of in the NFL. There's teams that are tough. You mentioned some names, the Mike Tomlins, I think the guy and I think the guy in Baltimore. You know he's been around Zivin. He's built a tough team. Why he'll hand the ball to that two hundred and you know twenty pound guy and just let him kill you with it. So yeah, I think there's a certain mentality that you have, and I think under McCarthy you really didn't have that.
Speaker 3: You didn't have that toughness.
Speaker 5: We're gonna take our final break. We'll come back. Let's talk some names.
Speaker 8: We'll see what you guys think on some names of the people that are being thrown around that could possibly end up as the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. We'll be back Dallas Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 17: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys then on an LG O led Evil TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play, every hit, I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines.
Speaker 5: That's how clear it is.
Speaker 17: It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, Perfect black over eight point three million self lit pixels.
Speaker 9: No one it comes close.
Speaker 17: Lgoled Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Ledevo.
Speaker 18: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup.
Speaker 3: Of John Deere equipment built.
Speaker 18: To tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 2: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 9: The winds will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 5: And we're going to overtie Erica.
Speaker 17: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 4: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tools. Feature required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a number FDIC.
Speaker 11: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G reliable.
Speaker 8: Secure five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 3: See add dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 5: Back to the break.
Speaker 6: AT and T connecting changes everything. Go amber now, yeah, oh, I thought we would. AT and T connecting changes everything?
Speaker 3: All right? Good job?
Speaker 6: Did I save before we were live?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Terrible?
Speaker 5: That was horrible.
Speaker 6: I don't know swear or you're messing with me.
Speaker 9: I don't know. You have to go back and watch. I thought you have to go and watch.
Speaker 5: I just want to give some extra loved AT and T.
Speaker 8: You know. All right, welcome back. It is the final segment of the break life in that's w ABC Mortgage Studios at the Star. All right, Whre's what I want to do. I got five different categories, and I broke down all these different coaches names into these five categories. And what we're gonna do is I'm gonna read the names from each category. So we'll start with the first category. I'll read the names. I want you to tell me in that category, who you think could possibly get the job and who you would like to get the job. All right, now, some of these categories are are gonna be like one of them is a wild card category. It's wild names. There's probably not a very good likelihood that any of those names end up as a head coach.
Speaker 5: But we're gonna have some fun.
Speaker 8: That's the whole beauty of being able to do a talk show when you're when you're talking about.
Speaker 9: Stages, there's gonna be some wild names thrown in this mix.
Speaker 3: Exactly all This is probably cowboys exactly all right.
Speaker 8: So let's start and startart with in house candidates Mike Zimmer, Al Harris, Brian Schottenheimer, Bones Fossil. Which of those four do you like the most to be the next head coach and which do you think is most likely to be the next head coach.
Speaker 3: I'd like Zimmer and he's most likely.
Speaker 9: I agree. I would love Fossil though. That would be a joy. That would be great. Daily press have a lot of content from that.
Speaker 2: He'd also feed us as far as like in press commerces, like you know, he's.
Speaker 9: He's yeah, man, that would be great.
Speaker 3: Right, take out, take take out your media bias.
Speaker 2: To tell me, I might be throwing a lot of media bias around here because we have a stake in this too.
Speaker 5: I root for storylines. Brian, for the record, I root for storylines.
Speaker 3: I guys don't have to do game shows.
Speaker 6: He's gonna pull him back? Who would pull him back? I think there would be so much happening like he would. I mean, he's awesome and and just hearing him talk about football and the excitement that he brings. I mean that would be fun. But I think it would be it would get too wild.
Speaker 9: I don't think it's too it would.
Speaker 6: Get too wild.
Speaker 5: It would be fun.
Speaker 9: Like he was like a CEO.
Speaker 2: He still runs special teams, and he already runs the practices. I mean he would just be putting a little bit more into game planning and things like that. He comes from a coaching coaching family. I mean it's not. Yeah.
Speaker 8: The crazy part about that is we've seen unfettered what happens in games when he just gets to call whatever crazy play he comes up with. If he's the head coach, buckle your seat belt is gonna get crazy around here.
Speaker 9: I'm o chaos.
Speaker 6: So I like Mike Zimmer but and I hope this doesn't come off as you not being able to have a personal life, because you can. But the fact that we've heard about the horses and the marriage happening soon and all that stuff, that's okay. But I don't know. I want somebody locked in.
Speaker 5: You can't have a wife.
Speaker 3: This Wow, she want man?
Speaker 5: That's horrible. Father Mike, that's uns terrible.
Speaker 6: I don't mean it like that. Mental health, your life is important. I just like I said earlier, I don't have time. I just I want someone like Sean Lee. He's focus, he's in, he's locked in, he's here day and night. But Ah Harris, that would be I will actually love to see him step into an opportunity like that, and I think he would do a really good job.
Speaker 8: Actually, Al Harris I think is an interesting name for me because I do think. I think he's a leader of a leader of men. I think he commands respect. I think he would be an interesting candidate. I don't know that Dallas would necessarily hire him, just because I think Jerry does put a premium on experience.
Speaker 5: As a head coach.
Speaker 8: But that's a guy that I keep I'm going to keep my eye on whether he's here or somewhere else, because I do.
Speaker 5: Think he has a bright future as a coach.
Speaker 8: All right, let's talk about the next category former NFL head coaches. This is where we get into our Pete Carroll's we've talked about already, Ron Rivera, John Gruden which is an interesting name, Doug Peterson, and Rob A. Sala who we heard earlier today is there are reports out there at least that he is planning to interview with the Cowboys. We haven't gotten any official word on that, but that's that's one of the reports.
Speaker 5: That's out there.
Speaker 8: Of that list, which of those guys do you think is most likely for the job and which one would you want for.
Speaker 2: The job most likely? I would say Doug Peterson. Who I would like is Pete Carroll?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 5: Most likely?
Speaker 2: He's got nine years of experience in the NFC East. It feels like a safe pick. He's coached with the Eagles and that's the team you're trying to beat in this division right now. Understands just organizationally, you know a lot how that how that place has worked, and his nine years coaching there, he's won a Super Bowl and his time in Jacksonville's two winning seasons in three years.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Granted this last year was an absolute disaster, but how much do you credit that to injuries in Jacksonville as well? Doug Peterson just sounds right on the surface, but obviously for me, I'd be going Pete.
Speaker 10: Carroll, John Gruden I'd like, and I think Robert Sala has.
Speaker 3: A real opportunity here. So those are my two why.
Speaker 10: I think Robert Sala we talk about being able to stand up in front of the room me personally though of the names, And I like what you've said about Pete Carroll. I think you make a really interesting argument about Pete Carroll. I personally would like Robert Sala not to be like from being a head coach to being a head coach. I think if he were to go, and there's a side of me that has this plan about maybe that if Robert there's he's talked about being a the coordinator at the forty nine ers, but there's some other names that are possibly in that mix, and I wonder if they would bring him back. Selfishly, I would think it about one of these coaches, say if it was an offensive guy, say you know, you you you brought in here, you had Kellen Moore and you know, and Zimmer goes on. You know, maybe if Robert Salad doesn't get one of these jobs, that he can come back as your defensive coordinator. That's a selfish he's got to do in like a double in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am, yeah exactly.
Speaker 10: But I kind of feel like though that that I would love John to get the job because I know John. I've known John since you know, we were together in the league in nineteen ninety two. There's a lot of things that John has to get over through his past. Absolutely, that's something that's you know, it's it's documented. But I feel like he did deserves another chance the uh but I would I would say that probably I'd like for him. But sala I just feel like though that man. I think he really does a good job of relating to players, you know, and that that Jets defense was really good. They need to figure out the offensive stuff and that's where if it was Robert Sala here's the selfish guy.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 10: I know, Dak Prescott really liked working with Doug Nussmeyer. You know, he and Doug Nussmeyer like game plan together. If I really don't like Kellen Moore. Can I get Doug nussmer quarterback coach to be the OC with Robert Sala?
Speaker 3: So now I got my defense fixed.
Speaker 10: See, I'm trying to do a couple of things here with these coaches you're gonna get. You're gonna tell me about Aaron Glint. I'm gonna tell you why I want Aaron Glynn. I'm also gonna tell you why I want Mark Burnell as the offensive coordinator. I'm trying to fix both things, is what I'm trying to do. So with Robert Sala, I think I could fix the defense. But if it can I convince somebody.
Speaker 3: That really did Dak Prescott really really likes to be my OC? I might, I might. I might do some really some good there.
Speaker 6: We can. I'll talk a come someone on their contract.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: Well, we'll get to that. That's another category. Go with the names I gave.
Speaker 6: You and give me Okay, yeah, brought out the ruler. Oh my god. Okay, I've talked everything that's gonna come out of my mouth today. It just sounds terrible. Uh, it's gonna sound like I don't want inclusion. And I've talked about the age part of what's next.
Speaker 5: I don't want age. Age is the problem. Marriage is a problem.
Speaker 6: So Pet Carrol, I would be okay with that. If you're telling me the coordinators are are Oh my god, okay enough. I want a young offensive coordinator. I want someone younger that just brings something different. He can be tight ends coach.
Speaker 9: I've just fascinated to his inclusion in this whole ordeal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, we'll get to that. Yeah later, that's another list we will per Derek.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just taking it all the time, like we literally not Okay.
Speaker 6: No, But I think I think right now, I think I'm currently being influenced by what I'm seeing on social media and online right now at the moment. Roberts, I can't pronounce. It's that Sali slid Solida. He wasn't on my radar necessarily and then all of a sudden, I'm very intrigued by him. But I think, if I'm being honest, I think I'm just being influenced by everything that I'm currently seeing at the moment because of the news about the meeting and everything.
Speaker 2: Twenty and thirty six and four years that just worries me. And the best he's ever finished in division is third. Yeah, that's that that would have to be answered.
Speaker 8: I think I like Bryan's idea. If I'm talking to him, I'm talking to him because I'm thinking about him also as a defensive coordinator.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'd love to have him come.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm interviewing him as a defensive coordinators when we do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, let's look at current NFL coordinators. You've got Kellen Moore, Aaron Glenn, Brian Flores, Ben Johnson, Todd Monkin, Liam Cohen, and Cliff Kingsbury.
Speaker 3: And every one of those guys is probably going to get a head coaching.
Speaker 9: Job at some point at some point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, Which do you like and which you think is most like?
Speaker 2: I would love Aaron Glenn the more I look at Aaron Glenn and and you know, understand his past and understand you know, I'll watch that Pivot episode that he did a couple of days ago with.
Speaker 9: Ryan Clark, and he's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a leader of men one hundred percent and obviously has experience here only a couple of years, but it's experienced here. Who I would think would make most sense with the Cowboys, like what I think they would go after is Cliff Kingsbury. There's there's a lot of respect between the Jones and Kingsbury. Kingsbury would be coming back to Texas. It would It would surprise me if he doesn't get an interview.
Speaker 10: Glenn on both fronts. For me, I just think that, you know, I want him. I think that we talked about all the leadership stuff and all that. He's fifty two years old too. I think I can grow with this guy. And I think he's got a good under standing of the places he's been, the coaches he's been with, how to handle a room. And I think you'll at my self as side of me is looking at Mark Burnell Hitt, the quarterback coach at Detroit who's been there for four years. I think he's kind of he could like he's got ideas. Him and Ben Johnson have worked together for a while now. He could bring some of those ideas and help you. You know, look what they've done with golf and we all gave up on golf over there Detroit. Now he's like an MVP type of a quarterback. Offense is outstanding. So gimme Glynn.
Speaker 6: On both fronts, no one's convincing to me, Uh, can I say the guy I wanted to say that's on their contract?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, we were going to there's.
Speaker 6: A I thought that separate, No, nobody. I want something who's done the job before.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 6: I I'm not ready to promote people and let them be us be the first year as a trial. I want someone that has done it before.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I agree with you guys. Aaron Glynn for me is the guy I want out of that list. But I actually think the guy that's most likely to get it out of that list is Kellen Moore.
Speaker 5: I just have a feeling I forgot.
Speaker 8: I know, I know how the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: He's been talked about so much, and.
Speaker 8: And and here's I think that's how Jerry gets over the idea that he hasn't been a head coach is because he spent so much time here so they know him really well.
Speaker 5: It's the Garrett effect, right.
Speaker 8: They know Garrett for so long they could get over the fact that he hadn't been a head coach to be able to make that higher.
Speaker 10: What has he learned in the last two years since he's been gone. That's going to be the key for Kellen Moore hacks. Aaron Glenn is going to come in and he is going to interview very very well.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 10: He is going to convince Jerry Steven and Will in the in the Jones's family that they that he is the absolute right guy for this shop. The only thing Kellen Moore has on Aaron Glenn is the fact that he was here, nothing else.
Speaker 5: I agree. Look, I agree with you.
Speaker 8: I think Aaron Glenn is the best choice out of that list, and he'll prove I just don't know if they will go that route.
Speaker 10: I think that the Joneses will get the Joneses will be blown away by Aaron Glenn interviewing. I don't think they'll get blown away by Kellen Moore. Unless Kellen Moore has picked up something while he was with the Chargers and he was at Philadelphia. Yeah, something has you know, fine coach. But I tell you what, did Joneses get influenced by people?
Speaker 3: They talk to? Aaron Glenn? I'll tell you what he'll do it.
Speaker 2: I do know the Joneses have a high affinity for Kellen Moore, even since his departure since twenty twenty two. But Kellen Moore would have to answer the question of can you command a locker room? Can you command a room?
Speaker 3: Can when you will stand up in command?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Talking to that would have to be the question.
Speaker 8: We got a couple more categories college coaches, and that would include Deon Sanders, Bill Belichick, Marcus Freeman, Steve Sarkisian Lincoln Riley, Lane Kiffen. Any of those guys you think are like of those guys, who do you think is most likely? And who would you want if you had to choose from that list?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 9: Can I do two of most likely?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Dion obviously already having conversations with Jerry Lane Kiffin as well, has experience through his father in this building low buy out at Ole Miss. It would not surprise me if if there's interest at some point during this process. I don't think he gets hired here, but I think there's at some point there's going to be interest there. But as far as who who I would want from that group, man, that's Marcus Freeman.
Speaker 3: Yes, sign me up, Yes, give me Marcus Freeman. On both fronts there if.
Speaker 6: You could, there's no way this happened Like Theon's sand, There's there's just no way. I this was big. I mean, our jobs we would. There would be somebody by the way every day.
Speaker 8: If you want to talk about like where my rooting interest is, it is, I tell.
Speaker 5: You numbers will go crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 8: And if I tell you I'm rooting for storylines, sign me up for Deon Sanders because I just see what happens with Colorado.
Speaker 5: And the tension he brings him and Jerry together, Like, oh.
Speaker 6: Man, we would have something going on every day.
Speaker 5: Wow, this would be fun.
Speaker 2: You get a boring okay, here here to do. You get a boring candidate, you get a boring head coach, but you're like in the NFC championship game in like two years, or you get Dionne and you go like two and two and Fife.
Speaker 5: No, I want to win, don't get me wrong. But that's also my point.
Speaker 8: Like what he did h at at Jackson State, what he did at Colorado, he's shown he can go in and turn a program around. I don't think the doubt the Cowboys are that kind of rebuild, but you saw what he did in those two stops.
Speaker 5: In his first two stops.
Speaker 8: He was able to completely transform what they do and how well.
Speaker 5: They played football. Right, So he's he's shown you that he can do it.
Speaker 8: I would also just love the fact that every day the press conferences would be great. Every day you're hearing different interesting things from him. And his team would have some swagger, they would have some fun. There would be things we could do around this building with them that would be he gets he gets prime time, like he gets what this organization does. In addition to the fact he would get I think he would make them win. Please, I don't think it happened. I just don't think it happens. But I would love for that to win. All right, final category, This is our wildcard category. And let me preface this by saying, a couple of these names guys are currently NFL head coaches. There would have to be compensation obviously that now we're talking and so, but there are a few names here that I want to give out and these are these are wild cards, but worth the conversation. Sean Vay, Kevin O'Connell in Minnesota, Jason Widden high school coach.
Speaker 5: Who do you like? Who do you think is most likely out of that list?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Slightly witting just because you don't have to pay anything to give him or to you don't have to give up anything to get him who I would like Man McVeagh here, Yes, yes, yes, Tom, if.
Speaker 8: We can only drink, well, that's because Tom has a no trade clause, so that's not an option. And he made it clear in his press conference yesterday. He was like, yeah, don't waste your time coming to talk because I'm not going nowhere.
Speaker 10: So I'll tell you what though. The guy in Minnesota he won fourteen games with Sam Darnell.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's emphar.
Speaker 10: I mean when when that entry happened in training camp, We're all like, Minnesota done done.
Speaker 3: Watch the Bears, Watch the Bears. Bears are Lions. We didn't even think about Minnesota.
Speaker 10: Guy went fourteen games with damn Sam Darnald a quarterback.
Speaker 8: It is no question that he should be the coach of the year. In my opinion, nobody did a more massful job what he did with what he had.
Speaker 10: I'll tell the guy at Buffalo though, his team was like that was a rebuild they were talking about at Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's got a quarterback. That's the difference. He's got a quarterback.
Speaker 8: I mean in Minnesota, they ran out a guy that's been a rolling around the NFL, and nobody could find a good home for him and he got into the fourteen wins.
Speaker 3: Campbell whether he's done with no defenders is also impressive as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Amber, Yes, I think, I mean it would personally, I think it would be bringing so much more excitement because he's so different then what the Cowboys have had around here and McVeigh. He's shown what he can do and it would be very exciting to have that type of football here with the Cowboys. And I think it would just revolutionize and change the whole thing completely. So yes, do What is it gonna happen?
Speaker 5: What would you be willing to give up?
Speaker 6: What do I have to give up?
Speaker 5: You got to give up draft picks if you're going to get a guy on there?
Speaker 8: Would you give Would you give up a first round pick for either one of those head coaches that we just mentioned that are currently in the NFL?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, give a first round pick? Yes, actually yes, because when have you taken a big chance?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 6: Really, when have you made a big move like that? You haven't, So maybe it's time to make a big move.
Speaker 8: But what that what that says to me is if you're willing to do that, that means you feel like, right now, the Cowboys have the talent they need.
Speaker 3: You know you don't.
Speaker 10: You're gonna give up the first round pick to get the coach to get it started, is what you're gonna do.
Speaker 5: And then you're gonna say we're basically in a rebuild.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly for the fleet for the first year. But guess like I said, I would give up Ashton genty to get Sean McVay, I'd give.
Speaker 9: Up a first.
Speaker 2: I just don't think they would take only a first. I think you'd have to give up like a first, and you might have to give up two first. John Payton was.
Speaker 5: If they would have lost this last week, and maybe you could.
Speaker 2: Sean Payton was a first in a second. So it's like, I don't know that's gonna yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, happening, happening, But it's fun to think about, right all right, We appreciate you guys joining us. We'll be back next week. Stay tuned at Dallas Cowboys dot Com. We'll have all the latest updates as this thing continues to move till then. For Nick Harris, Brian brought us an Ambergarcia. I am Derek Eagleton and this has been the break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.