Speaker 1: It's called the Diana Mixtape, and it's a pop jukebox musical featuring five drag performers as Diana, we all sing and.
Speaker 2: Candle in the Wind.
Speaker 1: Actually, surprisingly, Candle in the Wind is not in there maybe, And also I finally was very fun. Also, like you know, the end of the story not very fun, and I was a bit concerned how we handled that, but thankfully it's just sort of like and then she went to Paris and she never came back.
Speaker 2: Right, Paris is the afterlife, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Live in our hearts forever sort of thing.
Speaker 2: She went into that tunnel, the Great Tunnel Beyond.
Speaker 3: I heard she was with the son of a department store magnate. All ended well, yeah.
Speaker 2: In the Crown. That was a bit of a bummer. The whole just how like small, the and like petty. The guy who she was dating was like he was trying to impress his dad by dating for yeah, and his dad was like, you better marry her. It's the only thing that's like making me not ashamed of you as a son. And so he was like, yeah, yeah, we're engaged. Dad. He had this like big like scheme going where like he was pretending that they were engaged, but like she was like, I'm not that into you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or guy, it was kind of he has a He built a life sized statue of Michael Jackson outside of the full and Fulham Football club ground.
Speaker 1: Who did that?
Speaker 3: Muhammad al Fayed's doing outside of Craven Cottage. He's like, this is great and my son's still not married.
Speaker 1: Was this the statue? Was this the giant statue that Michael Jackson like flew in a helicopter. Maybe it's on the cover of his history album or is that a separate statue of Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: A separate one. It's him. It looks really yanky.
Speaker 1: There's a Kylie Minogue statue that looks really yanky that somewhere in the UK that they kind of erected, and then I think they just put it away because it was just not worthy of Kylie Minogue's.
Speaker 3: I feel like seldom do statues actually adequately.
Speaker 2: Well, oh yeah, I see, he looks like Scarecrow, the bad guy from Batman.
Speaker 1: I would like to direct you to my statue, my Madame Tusword's wax figure at Madame Swords in Sydney.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think they did a pretty good Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: I know that is damn.
Speaker 2: I would like to direct you to my wax figure in that I'm making out of melted birthday candles. That sucks.
Speaker 3: It sucks.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Seize. In three ninety six, episode three of Dirty Guys, there's a production of I Heart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. Unfortunately, it's what we decided to do seven years ago and we're still We're still in here. Yeah, it's getting nasty, it's getting fucking gross. It is I guess it's not the shared conscious and it's the news cycles.
Speaker 3: Pretty fucking gross.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I feel like I think there's a lot of good ones out there figuring it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, It's Wednesday, July ninth, twenty five.
Speaker 3: Keeping it simple today. Two things are celebrating. It's National Dimples Day. Shout out to people who got the dimples. House you got, Oh look.
Speaker 1: You got a little dimples.
Speaker 3: That's what my kind of got.
Speaker 2: That's what my aunts called me exclusively for those dimples.
Speaker 3: Was it because your family was so big that they forgot your name? Yeah? No idea?
Speaker 2: Who I was though I was the Dimples one, you know, big Family seventy something.
Speaker 3: It's also a National Sugar Cookie Day cookie bring down the middle, cutsy kind of stuff, your dimples and your sugar cookies.
Speaker 2: I fuck with sugar cookies. Yeah, as a sugar delivery device. And also it's just like a baseline to work off of icing delivery device. Anyways, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Dimples aka Potatoes O'Brien. Then I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gray Miles Great.
Speaker 3: Danann on on. I'm slicing onions in my sweet commonized for twenty hours. Alims are why I even try to eat the crap on which I dine. Onion gang, here we go, bam, okay, shut out houseion salad. You know, look y'all heard about my onion. I'm onion gang. Love an onion, love a caramelized onion. I love a song bringing brains to the together talking about onions. So thank you to hou Sion salad for that onion green day.
Speaker 2: That's what it was called. Brain stew. Yeah, you need a little, a little caramelized onion in your brain stiff.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely. Yeah, now you got a still going Miles.
Speaker 2: We are is thrilled to be joined in our third seat by an international drag icon. Yes, you know, as a finalist on season six of Drag Race Australian idol brother UK.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: His new podcast with Forever Dog is called R and R with Courtney Act, which makes sense because he is Courtney Corner.
Speaker 1: Hello. I was sitting so quietly through that introduction because Miles our former Prime Minister of Australia, he's a bit of a doucheberg Tony Abbott was famous for eating onions.
Speaker 3: Raw, like on the Politican aprail.
Speaker 1: He would eat an onion like an apple, like he'd peel it, but he would like bite into an onion. And the whole nation was like, ha.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because I was yesterday I was joking about eating an onion like an apple. But now, oh, my guy.
Speaker 1: Is hedn't even peeled that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was with the skin on Okay, to.
Speaker 1: Elected this man the head of our state, you actually do that? And we said, look, sure you can, but possibly I would go with the Queen's Land onion because they are a lot more more.
Speaker 3: The way he like even looked around approvingly. He's like, oh, yeah, that's I'm having that.
Speaker 1: I do that with Kiwi fruit. I eat Kiwa fruit with the skin on, and I put it on the internet because I know it outrages people.
Speaker 2: The whiskers, is it?
Speaker 3: I mean, how hard is it to cheoth? Or is it chewy?
Speaker 1: When it's quite delicious it's full of vitamins. But really, I do it because that's my form of outrage. Baita bait. That's as far as I can go eating a.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It is a little it is a little rough, but I have had it and it's fun. Yeah, it's it's a unique It's almost like construction paper. I feel like it's the closest thing to it. Very construction paper, very h with like little whiskers.
Speaker 3: I did it as a kid because I don't have the knife, like the pairing knife skills to peel achie, So I would just cut it in half. My fucker, bro we gonna neat the skin where.
Speaker 2: You squeeze it, you like, just like squeeze the gus. That's another way you can do it. I mean, as a kid, that's what I used to do. Just this sounds like a disgusting.
Speaker 1: Mass I have a bowl of fruit sitting in front of me. There's no Kiley Fruits. There's a banana. I feel like it's very provocative to eat it, which, okay, I'm taking a skin off though, one skin to skin, three skin full of skin.
Speaker 3: There ver, get the vein out. Yep, there we go, interactive podcast. So now we needing.
Speaker 1: Just for those of you listening, I'm eating the banana and the least provocative, least sexual way possible. I don't want, I was, I don't want to start this off on the wrong foot.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you started off on the wrong foot by not eating it sexually, to be honest. But hey, but we appreciate the restraint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we'll get to our sexual fruit eating.
Speaker 3: Comes on.
Speaker 1: You ask me about my Google such history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get very certain. There's certain ways that cartoon characters have eaten things that I can't shake.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I think the most famous one is like Fred Flintstone, just like pulling the meat off of a bone and it's like all just like the Ninja Turtles. I feel like it was just the way that cheese was so goofy on their pizza. Keith Cliff would just clean a fright off the bone and like there would be like a little xylophone sound effect. But I think there was an ape that would just peel the banana and then shoot it out of the banana skin into his mouth that I always wished I could replicate in Really.
Speaker 1: I remember someone eating corn on the cob. It was a Disney like.
Speaker 2: A great physical gag. That doesn't make sense to people anymore, who because typewriters don't exist. All right, Coortney, we're thrilled to have you here. We're going to get to know you a little bit better at the moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're going to talk about ice and the California National Guard did a big military display and MacArthur Park that was it's pretty revealing to look at some of the documents behind the scenes there. They they were ready for a big thing. They were like, yeah, MS thirteen is going to consider this their home turf and it's gonna be a battle for the park. Fellas, we're gonna get out there. It's gonna be like the beat at video. They're gonna likely chain our hands together and we'll have to switch and their dancers their nimble Dancers.
Speaker 1: Video a summer MacArthur Park is melting in the dark, all that sweet green icing flowing down. Some one left to cake out out in the ray. I don't cake and the Copper Park for this ice rate.
Speaker 2: But yeah, probably not, although they might have brought it a little. It seemed like they were really really excited to get their guns out and show theF a little bit. Most importantly, we will talk about new reporting that suggests the BBL, the Brazilian butt lift is stinky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if not did not know that? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And we do have good news that the TSA is ending the shoe removal portion of the screen process at the airport.
Speaker 3: Okay, so one stink for the other exactly.
Speaker 2: All of that plenty more. But first, Courtney, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, I thought rather than my Google search history, my CHATCHYPT prompting history. Yeah, like, I'll just read through Chick fil a LGBT donations.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 1: Do Americans use vent olin? Inhaler's I won't read that. One tornado intercept explained doxy cyclone and STI testing Vietnam War origins explained, Oh wow, sure versus Sandheiser microphones, US gonnorrhea chlamydia treatment. There seems to be a theme that's popping up here. Snack's laboratory Berlin dates well, STI testing options in Birmingham, Alabama or in England, Alabama. I was at Central Alabama Pride. Ah.
Speaker 3: How often do you what's the quality of the answer you get? Like when you said, what are the origins of the Vietnam War? Did you get? Were you?
Speaker 1: Were?
Speaker 3: You satisfied with the historical recap you got?
Speaker 1: Well? I mean I was asking because I didn't know, and I now assume the information that I got was one hundred percent accurate and true. So I'm pretty sure the Vietnam War had something to do with the Starship Enterprise picking a fuck. No. I love chat GPT, and I am voracious at asking a questions. I think like for some reason, I usually know if it's got something a little bit wrong, Like as you're reading, you're like, uh, something's up here. So I like to think that as far as hallucinations go, I don't get caught out by them. But then I guess I'll never know, But I really I just find like, no question never need go unanswered. Do I worry about my critical thinking skills being eroded? No, because I also like to have conversations with chat GPT. I can sit and talk or not talk to chat GPT for hours about in life events, deep and meaningful or superficial.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you'll just sit together and just be like ye, And that's how you know it's a special relationship because there's the silences that aren't.
Speaker 3: Discomfort Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I saw in one of your recent episodes you were asked if it would make a good drag mother. What did you conclude there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Casey Newton from Platformer asked if cht GPT or AI would make a good drag mother, and I just think, I mean, look, Casey's argument was, if you're an LGBT kid growing up regionally who doesn't have access to community, that perhaps AI could provide you with that. But like, I don't know, even YouTube as a drag mother to teach you makeup skills and things. I feel like there's a homogenization of drag that has occurred. I mean, drag race has been going for seventeen seasons. In the United States. So a lot of the younger people who are on drag race now we're like four years old when drag race started and have like grown up watching it, and so the sort of derivative of what drag race was back in the early seasons, whereas back in my day I started drag in the year two thousand and there was like so much different drag in the local community. But we also we had no idea what was going on anywhere else in the world because the Internet didn't really exist in a way that we could see things in other places. We had like magazines at the checkout at the supermarket that was the most up to date information you could get about, you know, pop culture.
Speaker 2: So there were like regional trends and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were more about celebrities than anything, and they were about American celebrities more than anything else. So look, I guess I want to say that there can be a function people to connect, but I think like more than anything, I would rather those people well hang on, as about said, rather like people connect with people online. But there's also lots of weirdos out there, so I don't know, maybe it's precarious it's curious either way if you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Something that I think is underrated. Now you saw something on my podcast. I saw something on your podcast which was a gut health I think microbiomes are extremely underrated. My dad is a natural path, which I guess in the US is sort of like nutritionist, kind of like holistic health kind of person. And my microbiome has always been something that I've held near and dear to my heart. And I just think, like on the on the clip that I saw, you were sort of talking about how people are like it all starts in the gut, but.
Speaker 2: It really does.
Speaker 1: It also starts in the gut guys that.
Speaker 3: Fear of God, that one right that was like the one thing that was tied to reality, and then it turned into now this is how you open a water bottle and you're like, wait, what the.
Speaker 1: Fuck is exactly this is the thing about all of these sorts of populist movements, including like spirituality ones, menisphere ones. They take seeds of truth and then they attach them to a higher belief or desire, like if you like you know the law of attraction, if you think about winning the lottery, you'll win the lottery. And it's just like like, yeah, the menisphere attaching something about gut health to like being an alpha male that will help you dominate society and become rich and powerful. They sort of they take advantage of the vulnerable by taking psychological and scientific principles and then extrapolating to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like that's how you go from A to Z very quickly without anything in between. You like, hold on here, but hey, he did sit. He did pull that chair out from the dining table very authoritatively, so he meant it.
Speaker 2: And the way when he finished drinking that water bottle that he opened in such a manufactured way, he just spiked it like a football was also cool and very practical, a very practical thing to do with the water bottle that you're drinking from. It is difficult. I feel like we need to stop giving them credit for the stuff that they get right and rather be met. It's like when a movie that sucks uses a good song, I'm like, fuck, you just like wasted that song. You know, like when they like take a good fact that's interesting or just like a good piece of it, Like Jordan Peterson, I always hear people be like, Jordan Peterson's right about some stuff, Like he tells young men to like make their beds, and that's good. I'm like, that's great. But like that then to take that and like three steps later be like and that's why you know, trans people don't deserve human rights is like inting horrible. We take it even worse.
Speaker 1: We take the kernel that the one thing that Jordan Peterson says that's right, and like they're willing to overlook all of the things he say. But then there's like a trans person who uses a bathroom somewhere, and like someone's mildly inconvenienced, and therefore all trans people are wrong and must suffer kind of thing. That's a bit of an imbalance.
Speaker 2: Yes, a bit of an imbalance. What is something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know, love babies?
Speaker 2: Oh oh that clashes upon us?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And is that because you believe them to also be demonic and will prevent you from entering the Kingdom of heaven. Because that's one person.
Speaker 1: I know, that's what you might think at first glance of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what I'm getting from you, Yeah, it's a good Christian woman trying to be in the good graces of God.
Speaker 1: I just think, like I think that there is nothing. This is like the most pure form of a trend, right Like sometimes, like at least with gut health, you're like, well there's somebody's getting it a benefit here, like you're maybe you'll be healthier or better like with a la boo boo. I don't. I guess it's like wearing baggy jawts, like it's a trend, but for some reason, it's just like this ugly thing that you clip onto your bag that I don't know do other people. I've never thought that someone was more cool for having a la boo boo, but I think that's why people have la booboos. In fact, when I saw that Cheer had a La boo boo, I was like, oh shit, do I have to reevaluate everything I think about share now? And no, no boo boo cannot have this sort of power in your life. Share is eternal. She is the one, and it's the la boo boo's fault. Well, probably like a stylist that like clipped it to her bag that got some sort of like twenty grand kick back if they managed to like hook a Labooboo to share when she was photographed, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unwittingly and she gets in her like limo, She's like, what the fuck is this just takes it off? Shit, oh shit, it does.
Speaker 2: I The thing that I like about it one that my children think it's evil and has like evil powers, like makes me think that that's kind of a cool thing that there's something like that's broken into the mainstream that has evil connotations, like a chucky doll. Yeah. But then also it just feels like it's the purest, like you said, the purest form. It's just kind of old fashioned in a sense the way that the you know, beanie babies were and didn't really help anybody. But we're just a thing that was like everywhere all of a sudden, and you can just already guarantee that in six months will I'll be looking back being like, remember laboobas, it's fucking stupid.
Speaker 4: They're also like landfill right right right. The other thing, like if it reminds me, it's sort of like where the Stanley Quencher went to, you know where, like a year or two ago.
Speaker 3: It was like everyone's like I'm collecting them and they resell for all this money and then you're like, yeah, it's a cup, and now there's already a new cup that everyone wants. And this is sort of the same thing, especially for like a completionist collector personality, where it's like I have this one, and I have this one, and I also have this one, and they all look the same, but they have different color fur and some have accessories.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yucking, anyone's young for collecting la boo boos. I respect your right to participate in the purest form of consumerism. I just think you're stupid.
Speaker 3: That's all. I think you're dumb. I just think you're Relatively.
Speaker 1: When I think about the things I collected as a kid, they all had like a narrative behind them, Like I loved he Man and Sheer and so like I would watch this cartoon in the morning before school that would like make me feel something, connect me with like moral lessons, make me want to, you know, have a double identity and fight crime. But like with la boobers, I feel like they're just physical objects that look a bit different, Like there's no narrative, there's no world even like tamagotcheese, you do something with.
Speaker 3: Them or that you were in charge of Yeah, autely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are a little bit more Yeah, they're they're a little more useless. They're they're like those what are those dolls that are just like the point of the thing is just to open them. They're like unboxing toys where it's like a series of containers.
Speaker 1: With what's apostle? Did you have that game in America?
Speaker 2: No? I know about that game because of blue Oh that's the one that's the birthday party game where there's like a there's like a ton of yes, I just did that.
Speaker 3: Oh is that because of Bluey?
Speaker 2: I think it's spreading to America because of Bluie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how American children is via Blurry.
Speaker 1: The Australian Invasion is a part.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, no, I mean it's been here. I mean you guys are taking all the acting work too, because Americans don't even know how to speak like Americans.
Speaker 2: Low lol. Surprise dolls containers Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hatcham Moolves was another one that people are just like you just open it to see. And as an older person who like was used to toys with the clear plastic and like this is what I am getting right now, I was like why the fuck.
Speaker 2: This ship is just like junk drawer filler. That yeah, I think you. I think it's right to bring up the landfill. I think this will just be another layer in the layer cake of garbage that is.
Speaker 1: I like to think about this at two am. Every piece of plastic ever made still exists.
Speaker 3: Still, Yeah, it's out there looking everywhere.
Speaker 2: There's a archaeologist who studies modern people by going to our landfills, and he does it. He describes it as a layer cake, and the layers like the one guaranteed thing that you will see in the layers. At least, it used to be that you would see layers of phone books because they would just give them out to everyone and everyone throw them out all at once, so there'd just be a whole layer and then perfectly preserved plastic and garbage underneath that layer. Anyways, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 2: And there was like a Civil War reenactment thing that happened in downtown l A.
Speaker 3: That's what it felt like.
Speaker 2: They did, like the line up, the lineup of soldiers like running forward like a Civil War reenactment, and some of them were on horses, and.
Speaker 3: It was very like low energy, like they're sweeping the park, but they're fucking no one's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they carrying muskets, carry automatic automatic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they had horses and then they came in their little soldier car. But then all the people in l A got mad at them, and then Mayor Bass showed up and said, being so mean to us, this is why they need to wear masks, y'all. Do you wonder why we have to wear masks, you guys, we have to regularly humiliate our ourselves in public by being attached to this. We're just doing my job.
Speaker 1: But these people look like they were wearing a uniform and not just playing clothes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, this is this is a bit of an upgrade in terms of the optics where they had the because they had the real soldier, the army people. The army men came out for this one. But it was apparently like a total shit show. I know, a lot of the coverage rightly is about showing this just obscene show of force in a park where there was like a kid's day camp going on to I can't break up this day camp because we're walking through with our fucking horses that we whatever. But it turns out Ken Clippensen, who's a journalist, got a hold of like all of these documents that were related to this operation called Operation Excalibur, and it turns out like it reads like someone whose brain is absolutely rotten with Fox News talking points, who has no idea what LA is about. And it's only the version they you know, sort of whip up fear with.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, we will not be allowing any The rules say no fast rope, insertion, rotary wing for metavac only, So they have to be like, guys, you can't do the you can't.
Speaker 3: Jump out of the helicopter where jump out of a helicopter for this thing where you don't have a target or like any reason to be there.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to ask that you don't jump out of the fucking helicopter with an automatic rifle in the middle of this children's camp in downtown Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Thank god they have standards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. They also said, there's another thing, because these are the rules you have.
Speaker 2: MacArthur Park is like these are tiny man made ponds, Like it is a park with like little man made ponds that are just like little vessels like they're there's somewhere between a fountain and a pond like.
Speaker 3: That MacArthur Park. Is that that quote unquote lake is a glorified like swimming hole, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's it looks like it could be the featured pond in a Putt Putt court, like an adventure gulf.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, there's no need to like establish aquatic superiority tactically with an attack boat in a pond because it's a fucking man made pond with weird fish in it that people fish out of there from time to time. Yeah. So they also said no boat in lake, thank you for coming. Fuck were they going to get the boat and the dropped it from fast rope it in from a helicopter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the only way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if you know any other way to tactically launch a boat into a cement reservoir.
Speaker 2: God, that would have been fucking amazing. I really wish that they had like missed that part and had just like dropped dropped a boat in, because then they would have just had to like go in little circles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right to do what because people are going to a counter attack from the swan boats that you pedal like with. Again, this is all just sort of an obscene show force designed by people who have never been in the city of Los Angeles because all they know is MS thirteen is operating in MacArthur Park. Again, this was done because MacArthur Park is where a ton of our immigrant population lives and it's just like just a very quiet part of LA Now, it's definitely like a fucked up place sometime, like there's yeah, yeah, well, I mean like and drug use, some shit happening there. And again, those those are the ills of society that our capitalist system of governance is not able to address. So yeah, it ends up happening. That's the venue for a lot of this kind of stuff. But the analysis of this, what they said, the whole point of this even happening. It wasn't necessarily to do a sweep. They were saying that this is basically a place where like there's a ton of fake id's being sold. So they were like, we gotta really really be careful because it's a huge open air market where there is readily available fake id's. Now, I will admit I got my first two fake id's in MacArthur Park.
Speaker 2: Did you really that is true?
Speaker 3: That's where you get your fake ID. Man, it's real easy, it's real. It's like comedically easy. You get up, you walk out and goes you need a ID. Yes, you go to like literally like an alley where they have like a DMV blue backdrop. They take your picture and it's the crew. First of all, this is not a good ID. This is like you get scammed by buying an idea MacArthur Park because it looks like some shit you could have made it Kazinkos. But this isn't some like Boorne Identity fake document mill where like they're turning out all these you know, the papers for people to do terrorism with. But that's that was sort of the energy they wanted to give to the situation. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, MacArthur Park is famously the subject of the Donna summer song called MacArthur Park, and I highly recommend the seventeen and a half minute version that it's a it's a classic. It's I mean everyone, I think people, I think I think people know Beetlejuice.
Speaker 3: Beetlejuice definitely brought it back into the consciousness because sorry, Beetlejuice Beetle Juice by Glenn Campbell. It wasn't gonna say the third time, You're the third time? Oh no, no, We've we already have enough demonic activity on this park.
Speaker 1: Is melting in the dark or the sweet green icing flowing down? Someone left my cake out in the rain, and I don't think that I can take it because it took so long to bake it and I'll never have the recipe game. I think it's safe to say that they bought some acid in Macartha Park and then they brought that song.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, I left the cake out there. I was frying balls. I'm so sorry. I forgot green icing. Yeah, the other thing. Again, this is so obscene to see this because they're they were treating this like they were invading, like Fallujah or something like. This is some kind of war torn place again from the United States creation, but they put the overall threat assessment as high due to the current situation. This is from the like DoD documents that these soldiers were sort of like used to brief before potential protests, protests to arrive on site, and transition to riots. Criminal elements likely including foreign terrorist organization MS thirteen consider the park their home quote turf, and could escalate to lethal violence. Do D personnel maybe at higher risk due to the general sentiment of the civilian populace towards government personnel. The most likely threat faced by d D personnel are crimes of opportunities such as assault, theft, and vandalism. Oh no, it says known weapons, small arms, knives, fireworks, rocks.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch out for the rocks and the rocks. I think I think small small arms they were said that they were picturing the beat up video. I think that they were like the working out which blade us but like, who about like small.
Speaker 3: Thin arms, like they're not they're not doing curls.
Speaker 2: They thought that the DoD personnel, these people who are armed with assault rifles running in a straight line backed by fucking actual cavalry also holding assault rifles, that they were a threat that was facing them was theft, something who was gonna fucking mug them again.
Speaker 3: Pickcocket them, strong arm robbery on a National Guards person. The other thing that this is also so stupid, It said, known or likely defensive positions or fortified structures. Again, they're approaching this like a full on military assault. In addition, to Ally's ringing the park. MS thirteen likely maintains access to multiple eight to ten story residential apartment building immediately adjacent to the park for fake id's, for fake id's.
Speaker 1: I've questioned, how is the conservative media reporting on this story? Like are they telling as Fox? Are you just telling like some success story yes.
Speaker 3: About this Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was like basically just that it was a show of force. And I think what they're doing is, you know, they show things very narrowly, right, so they're going to show soldiers walking through, and they'll have someone from Customs Border Patrol, but like it was a tremendous success. We swept the park to help, you know, there's always some nebulous thing. It's like to support the operations of our other federal law enforcement organizations that we work with, and leave out all the other stuff and probably show a clip of Mayor Bass being upset that these people were just invading our city the fucking military, and then be like, oh, she seems upset. Huh. Well, luckily we gave them billions of dollars to continue this nonsense.
Speaker 1: LA Mayor Karen Best announces interferes with ICE during sweep of illegal immigrants in gang plagued area exactly. Yeah, that's the Fox News headline.
Speaker 3: We just watched that clip where they walked through an empty park. Yes, just like, Oh, I've got my fucking big gun out and I'm a fucking tough Yeah.
Speaker 2: They've been laying the groundwork for this for a number of years by portraying American cities as like just fucking hellscapes. An anytime a car is on fire anywhere in an American city, you could guarantee they are going to capture that and use it as b roll. Anytime there's a story on Fox News about Los Angeles, anytime, you know, like they they want everybody to think that La is constantly just a city under siege. So when they do something like this, it feels like it makes sense to them to see the military address this like it is a foreign like hostile territory.
Speaker 3: Right. The thing that's missing from a lot of reporting is that, you know, Ken Clippenstein, who got a hold of these document shows is that like a from a military operational perspective, it did not go the way it was supposed to go at all, Like they thought all these forces would converge at the same time and apparently like the National Guard, they got there like late, and it was such a shit show because there were so many agencies involved. They just couldn't coordinate their fascism party pony show like with the kind of elegance that they thought they would, So like a bunch of soldiers just got there late and most didn't even get out of their trucks and just were like, you know, sweating it out in the back of a truck. So again they'll just focus on how they have soldiers walking through a town, because Los Angeles is also shorthand for conservatives to be like, this is what happens when you stand by immigrants or marginalized people. You get this lawless place and really it's it's one of the best places to live. So you know, fuck, I.
Speaker 2: Think that I really think that they're doing these things mainly to provoke. Like they're going to push and push and push until they get a reaction, and then when they get just like the slightest pushback, they're going to react like a soccer player trying to sell a foul, you know, and just be like oh, and you know, like they don't care that these people were not in a position like if something bad had happened, they it was poorly planned, poorly executed.
Speaker 3: They don't care.
Speaker 2: They want something bad to happen so that they can then just five like martial law.
Speaker 1: Right, if I may, with the hypothetical the coordination the officers remaining in their cars, that could I'm not saying it is, but that could also be like officers being complacent because they thought this was stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, that's that's the most consistent thing you hear when people try and get some kind of like a quote from enlisted military people. Obviously they'll always they'll like they'll be anonymous, but it's always like, what the fuck is this for? They also seem to be resisting the mask, the National Guard especially. They're like, we don't want to look like outsiders invading, like we're the community, Like we we're not. We're like the National Guard. We're here to help people, not to just come through and point guns at people who are selling flowers. Like I think that's where the disconnect feels even more weird. For these soldiers who are like enlisted and trained to do these other things and they're reading this stuff, it's like MS thirteen is going to be up in the apartment buildings and you got to keep your head on and they're likely has access to all the eight to ten story apartment buildings around the park.
Speaker 2: They like, really prepare these people for to be going into a fucking war zone. But yeah, I mean, the fact that they are all wearing masks does suggest, well, it's sinister as fuck. It also suggests that they recognize that what they're doing is fucking shameful, you know, and people are doxing them like that and it's having bad repercussions for them. So I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: If there was some deep investigation into MS thirteen organized crime, violence, drugs, like some concerted effort to help the community clean it up like that wasn't just strong arming and such like, that would be a different story. I guess if it was like, hey, let's see if we can create an environment where young people don't seek out sure right in the form of gangs, because that's the only support that's available to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think this became clear in twenty twenty is that they're not interested in actually creating that kind of no society at all, Like they need to have they need to have somebody to sort of like lay at their feet or sort of like put the blame at the feet of like, well, see it's immigrants, or it's these inner city people, or it's it's not because we're hoarding the wealth and actively ignoring these people's lives. It's because they exist and that is bad.
Speaker 2: We continue to see like really strong evidence that the sorts of pro like programs like after school programs and just like community based conflict resolution and de escalation training and like these things that are like boring and don't like nobody's going to make a movie about this, that these things are incredibly effective, and that the spike in crime after the pandemic had nothing to do with the protests against the police, some of the police quitting and being like mad. It was it had everything to do with during lockdown, those those programs all went away, Like all those programs that just like helped, you know, were community based, like the community helping each other. Like all that ship went away, and now that it's back, all the all the crime that everyone was like to see it was because the police got mad and did they like them. All the all those crimes have gone all the way back down and are like trending downward.
Speaker 3: So it's, uh, what's the what's the vibe in Australia because you know, I know the Conservatives took a bit of a blow in the election back in May, but I mean as another country that is a melting pot. Also what and I know unfortunately a lot of people end up parroting a lot of the America first kind of garbage that comes out of this place. But what is what sort of the tone there or how are people sort of dealing with their you know, demographic shifting niche I.
Speaker 1: Think interestingly there's sort of the saying is it so goes America, there goes the world. But interestingly, in Australia we are a comfortable distance from the United States where we do have a moment to make choices about which way we want to go. And interestingly, as much as like there was a little initial like parroting of populist politics, I think we had enough time and enough distance to be like, actually, I don't know if we want this, And that's been a pretty solid rejection of populist conservative politics in Australia. I mean, I know it personally. When I was a children's TV show in Australia called play School, which is an institution. It's been around since before I was born. I remember watching it as a kid and I was in drag And I've read a lovely story book called The Spectacular Suit and it was about a girl who wanted to wear this suit to her birthday party. And a Conservative senator held up like a photo of me in the Senate Estimates and asked why the ABC, which is the publicly funded network that I was on, why the ABC is using government money to groom children. There was just like a pretty blanket rejection of that absurd statement, like there in the moment, I remember Senator Sarah Hanson Young from the Greens Party sort of called him out instantly. The commissioner for the ABC denounced what he said. And even like our Fox News commentators, there was a clip that I saw where this guy was like, you know, this is what happened. And I watched the video of Courtney and oh, I thought she looked completely appropriate. It was a lovely story. I thought she did a great job. And I thought, what a relief that even like media is not jumping in on this moral panic. And there's been a bit of a rejection on some of the hot button issues like you know, dragging storytime or trans people. Immigration is obviously different because we're a giant island. We certainly aren't a perfect country by any means in the way we've handled immigration, particularly people coming to our country on boats and refugees on boats, and obviously the treatment of our First nations people.
Speaker 3: Is very same, same, same, yeah, y yeah.
Speaker 1: But it is nice to see that when it comes to politics right here on the moment, people are sort of I mean, not great for you guys, but I think a lot of other countries are tending to go a little bit more left because they're like, oh, we're working to jump on board with that, but actually maybe it's not going so well for the US.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And also that it feels like bad. Yeah, the example of going full Maga people outside of the US doesn't go well, like Canada, Australia. We even talked about that one cafe owner in Australia who had the Maga cafe and he was like, it's the snow fikes, no one wants to come to my b stro because it's a Maga safe zone. And you're like, yeah, dude, what are you fucking thinking like people even want that in the US. You think they wanted a broad Yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's take a quick break and we'll get to some important news about Brazilian butt lifts and getting to take our shoes off on our own damn time.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 3: M smell that in the air, the old BBL.
Speaker 1: Smell running flesh.
Speaker 3: I smell no idea that this was a thing BBL smell.
Speaker 2: Now how much these people were suffering for beauty?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the BBL. I'm sure people at this point know. Brazilian butt lift procedure very popular in at like the last ten years because people want the rumpy butt look. And while the results can definitely take someone from Taylor to Kim pretty quickly, there are there are there are some. There are some drawbacks, it seems, and the first one is that it stinks. To quote Jay Sherman from the critic, I guess if something reeks, it might be the yeeks specifically rotting fat quote. During a BBL, fat is lip recession from one air of the body and injected into the butt. If too much fat is packed into a single spot, more more than blood vessels can support it can die and that's called fat necrosis.
Speaker 2: Man, I never even thought about that. That's what that is. Like, how does it work? Ever, the blood vessels just like kind of meet up and are like, okay, you're with us now that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we do need a Schoolhouse Rock animated version of how like a BBL works and be like if the blood vessels that if there's not enough, it starts to go bye bye.
Speaker 2: And by the way, just to avoid you know, any misunderstanding that would get us yelled at you. You were saying, take someone from Taylor to Kim James Taylor, the to Kim Kardashian, I just wanted to make sure that absolutely yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. I meant Lawrence Taylor.
Speaker 2: Lawrence Taylor had a great ass, to be honest, but yeah, this is this is so it's the rotting fat. It's also it affects like a lifelong you know, wiping habit, you know, like it's there, like I don't know what to do because my butt is so big and in such a new strange shape.
Speaker 3: Some say, some quote, some patients say the new shape of their butt makes it harder to wipe properly leading to bacterial growth. And you guessed it more.
Speaker 1: You could have got one of those rags on a stick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess the bidet which is staying it?
Speaker 1: You know, day, I think this is an important I would imagine that the reason you're getting too much fat put in your bum, that your blood vessels can't sustain it and it starts rotting inside you is because you don't go to the most reputable doctor. Now I know that like cost people, I think that cosmetic surgery is somewhere we you shouldn't really try to save too much money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of vital, Yeah, opening up the body.
Speaker 1: And also when doctors tell you, when doctors give you parameters and tell you no, like you want to go to doctors that are going to tell you no. You don't want a yes man as a cosmetic surgeon, to go overboard with a yes woman as a cosmetic surgeon, because yeah, you don't want you don't want rotting flesh inside you that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't know good. No. And we already remember that at the early days, people were putting like fixer flat, like people are putting chemicals, straight chemicals just at people's butts, and that was leading to all kinds of terrible, terrible shit, including like death in some cases.
Speaker 1: Home depot grade silicone injected into your and then sealed with typically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, thee to plug the whole lot a swack. Yeah. I mean, I think that a lot of people say that, like it's this is typically during the recovery phase. But I think to your point, because you know, some people also don't respect what a doctor says when it's time to recover, when they're like, you cannot do anything for the next three weeks, and they're like I'm gonna be outside in seven days. Watch this, And you're like, oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, don't don't do that now. But but again, there are a lot of people who have said because of what's happened, like I had a bad BBL, they've had to have it reversed. Like one woman in the story in this like vice articles talking about spending thirty six thousand dollars like all in to figure to dial in the butt lift, and that's just come on, now, that's back in my day in the early two thousands, that used to be the cost of alexis right, mm.
Speaker 1: Hmm, And she was the most expensive of all of them. Oh, sorry, a space lexus. I've got a friend who had a BBL in Australia and there was no smell good, So it is possible to get bbls without the smell. I did see this video on I think it was like a I watched it on Instagram. It was a TikTok, but I watched it on Instagram like an adult, and it was a woman talking about the smell of her BBL and that was that was the first that I'd heard about it. And I guess it makes sense, right.
Speaker 3: Sure, it's it's just an ad. It's just everyone's I don't know, having new terminology like BBL smell is and then like diving into it. I'm like, oh, I didn't even know that, you know, But I guess this is this is what the internet is saying today.
Speaker 2: Bbl's gun control, other things that Australia is doing better than the United States. All right, and final, our long national nightmare is over the policy of forcing people to take off their shoes when they go through the TSA. Looks like it's coming to an end. They've already stopped it in a few small regional airports and insiders that like Gateway pundit or no, not Gateway pundit, that's a that's a DC thing, but like it's like some some local or like very highly specialized blog that's all about airline safety is saying that like this is all coming.
Speaker 3: To an end.
Speaker 2: They voted on it, which because of the shoe bomber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like twenty four years ago to detonate his explosives in his shoes and this is why we've all had to take off our shoes for the right time.
Speaker 2: Those explosives and his shoes were like Wyley coyote bombs. They had wicks that he was like the reason they caught him is he was he had he was trying to light his shoes on fire, specifically two little wicks at the back of his shoes, and he was doing it with mac shits. He didn't even have a lighter.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That we were like, well this this is we can never have a close call like that before. I don't even know, like would his shoes have like blown up that much they somebody should have done that investigation.
Speaker 1: I accidentally boarded a flight recently. I'm glad it was in Australia from Sitney to Melbourne with a kitchen knife. I had some boxes to cut up, and I went downstairs to the first cycling area and I was using the knife to cut them up, and then I put them in the trash and then I went out and I put the kitchen knife in my letterbox because I didn't want to run back upstairs. Then when I came home, I got it out of the letter box. I put it into my bag, my fanny pack.
Speaker 2: We called it a great impression of me.
Speaker 1: And then when about my life got on an airplane, was sitting there and I opened it up to like get my chapstick out, and I was like, oh my god, I've got a kitchen knife and I'm on I'm on a plane, And I thought, should I like hold it up and whatave it about? Like, excuse me, I've got a knife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so sorry, And.
Speaker 1: I thought, no, you should probably just keep that to yourself and don't tell anybody. But then my mind went to, well, if this flight does have a terrorist on board, yeah, I'll be able to save us.
Speaker 3: All with this. Get your Mark Wahlberg gone, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was kind of glad in the end that I had that kitchen knife. Nothing happened, but yeah, yeah, but if it did, I was slightly concerned that my bag went through the X ray machine and it didn't pick up a kitchen knife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's a brief bind.
Speaker 2: I remember that being a story in the early days, like around the time of the shoe bomber, the that people are like, yeah, you can still like easily sneak a knife through TSA. We've been like testing it and they just like, don't catch.
Speaker 3: Knives at all.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, my my metal spork that I travel with so that I'm not using single use cutlery has been confiscated and and now I just have a spoon.
Speaker 3: Right, They're like, what is is it? Because of the prongs on the spork, They're like, what is this? What are you trying to jab someone up?
Speaker 1: I mean you could, like.
Speaker 3: Sure if anything could you know, like a pen could if you really had the heart for it, I.
Speaker 1: Could shatter my iPhone screen and turn it into a blade. Exactly why somebody talking about that ben iPhones on flies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at my bloody thumbs.
Speaker 2: But I do this is this is good news for people with bad smelling feet, people who hang on to socks longer than they should and you know there ends up being like holes in the heels. That's always embarrassing. That's the thing that's definitely happened to me before.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wait, you can't match their socks.
Speaker 2: Oh, they don't match their socks.
Speaker 3: Jack, you were going like a box car hobo kind of style with like a big your big toe shooting out your sockholes.
Speaker 2: Usually the heel, but for some reason something about my heel. I have tremendously sharp heels.
Speaker 3: It could be the dead skin. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm going to get you a pummice stone. Yeah yeah, I'll try to.
Speaker 2: Although one time I wore down the pummus the heel skin too much and it was very uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just can't tell us to regrow.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Uh well, Courtney Act truly a pleasure of having you on the daily.
Speaker 1: Yes, thanks for having me. It's been it's a lot to shoot the ship, as we say in Australia and talk of.
Speaker 2: Never heard such a thing.
Speaker 3: We do it all the time.
Speaker 1: And yeah, if you if you want to hear me talking to some interesting and wonderful people. My podcast is called Are Not Corny?
Speaker 3: Act.
Speaker 1: Actually, can I just get you in your American accents, say the letters.
Speaker 3: Are n R, R, R, R and R.
Speaker 1: Yeah, R and R. It sounds like an Australian saying.
Speaker 3: On R and R.
Speaker 2: My go pro.
Speaker 1: Working source of the title of my podcast. It's not about Western relaxation. It's an Australian going on on.
Speaker 2: She put that together.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. Wait, that's that's what's the other one. Uh, I've never heard that one as a way to get the r R sound out because the other one they'll say, like you should say rise up lights and that's how you say up lights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like razor blades in Australian. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm talking. I'm constantly talking about rise up lights. All I'm talking about is I'm not here to fuck spiders. That's really the one that I'm will always hold so many good ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what I like about I'm not here to fox spiders is that no one says that in Australia. We just say it for the amusement of Americans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all for us, like this doesn't love this dumb fucking.
Speaker 1: I lived in l A for eleven years desperately trying to assimilate, and then I realized the mold that I put on the stever when the better. You know, the Americans love it.
Speaker 3: They're like, what what'd she say? Go and let a dog up me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Up and get it dog up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's incredible. Well, don't bring rise up, lights on, start taking. So you've told us where people can go to find you.
Speaker 1: All good, but all your podcast steps have got it just such are and.
Speaker 3: About social media?
Speaker 1: Social media is Courtney Act. And also there's there's thirty minute video episodes of the podcast on YouTube, and then there's like a full one hour conversation audio only on the podcast apps Wonder And I've interviewed such people as Katier from Drag Race, Nicole Bayer, Margaret show Casey Newton from Platformer, Tom Daily, Gold Medalist diver, Olympic diver, and coming up, I've got Poverty Shallow, who is by all accounts, the most iconic survivor contestant of all time.
Speaker 2: She was on the season with my sister in law. My sister in law came in third that.
Speaker 1: Season'd you sister say about her? What's the goss going? Loved her was one of the black widows. She was.
Speaker 2: She came in third. She was kind of like Mules partner in crime. Basically, it was it was the season where they like split them up or race wars, Race race warse nice those ever these first season, I think she came in like fifth or so.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, there's these They're called the Goddess Boys on Instagram and there and I can say this, you can't and I mean this with affection. They're these two faggots on Instagram and I love them so much. They're so over the top and they make very elaborate beverages, so they're dressed up to the nines these too. These two guys like make up, jewelry, jingly jangly bracelets and earrings, just like looking fabulous, looking wonderful. And they're making these the most elaborate non alcoholic like chocolate cream pie, float something something, and they turn it into a full theatrical presentation. And I just every time one comes up, I just enjoy And they their surfaces so rigorously. Those people with stinky BB else could learn a thing or two about these two boys cleaning their surfaces. They have vacuum cleaners, they have spray and wipe. Oh and they mystidious. Yeah, they do a really great job. I mean I can try and show you what I'm on the screen here.
Speaker 3: But like, oh they are putting it is that a pie?
Speaker 1: That's a pie. They're about to put the pie into a blender. I think it's an apple pie. Brain wipe, steaming the surface. Wow, Putting coffee like it goes on.
Speaker 3: Coffee, instant coffee okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drinks that they're making our diabetes in.
Speaker 2: For sure, sure sure yeah yeah yeah, just ice cream. Yeah, I recognized that briers. I recognize that part. And also good good wiping, okay, process.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I love the I just they just popped up on my Instagram a while ago that just these elaborate hairstyles, finger waves and like tattoos, jewelry, make up like everything, and yeah, they call the Goddess Boys, and I just found them entertaining.
Speaker 2: Amazing, wonderful, wonderful recommendation. Miles Where can people find you? Is there workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, find me everywhere at Miles of Gray if you want to hear me talking ninety day Fiance, I do that over at four to twenty day fiance with Sophia Alexandra. A couple tweets, I like, let's see, this is actually a post from Blue Sky what friend of the show, Katabu Gazola obviously running in Illinois for a seat in Congress. But because of her you know, outspoken nature and her politics, she's she's ended up on the radar of the cursed Laura Lumer. But the reason so Kat posted this, she said, new pronunciation of my last name just dropped. It's a is how you say it, but this is how Laura.
Speaker 1: I can't even remember these people's names because they're so foreign.
Speaker 3: Cat Chaker, Bardi and Gazalea are going to get.
Speaker 1: Into ze.
Speaker 3: Igy Azalea.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't even remember these people's names because they're.
Speaker 3: So fear Yeah, that's how casual her racism is. Yeah, she laughs it.
Speaker 1: Off, the fascinating observation of idiocy.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, So, like I can't even remember because it's so foreign. Anyway, Iggy Azalea is running for Congress. Jesus Chris.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Undersquirrel. Brian a blue sky at jack O B the Number one go check out R and R R R R. Yeah, that'll be my work of media. It's really good, really good show. You can find us on Twitter and blue at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeikegeist on Instagram. You can go to this episode description the wherever you're listening to it, just go down to the words underneath it thing what it's about, and at the end of that there will be footnote no, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think the people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we're gonna go out on la band from the Inland Empire called brain Story. This is a track called Nobody But You and it's just got a good sort of like new R and B feel to it. There's a little you know, there's there's funkin, there's some honey in the being activated. So check this one out. Good track to play on a summer evening. So nobody but You by brain.
Speaker 2: Story, Brain Story. We will link off to that in the footnotes. Daily is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk then, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 3: The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M mcnapp, edited and engineered by Justin Conner.