Speaker 1: No, you're rolling. I'm rolling. Have you ever rolled before? Yeah? Yeah, took Molly once. What were you like on Molly? Very talkative? Interesting? Yeah, very talkative. Maybe we should give you something for an episode. Mm hmm. You wouldn't like what I would have to say. I think it'd be great. Did you funck on Molly? I couldn't.
Speaker 2: That's why I never couldn't get it. Took it again, had a bad it was no blood flowing into the lower region.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, I'm an extra horny on Molly.
Speaker 2: But it was cool though, because she she knew I was on Molly, and then she she waited, she spent the night, and then you know, in the morning, when that she started to weigh off, I proceeded.
Speaker 1: To blitz, how'd you feel when you had a rectile dysfunction? We laughed, it was funny. She did she hold you? No, I would need to be helped. She'd have to let me know it's okay. No, We just laughed. I would land her bosom.
Speaker 2: We laughed and was talk about everything else other than sex. Like it was just it was like a weird morning because it was like six in the morning.
Speaker 1: We had fun though, good times.
Speaker 3: Streets are telling me that that you and Jamaris got pressed at the emotional Orange Show.
Speaker 1: That's what the streets said, pressed pressed. No, wasn't oppressed. You got pressed at an emotional Orange show. It's very emotional, emotional time for everybody that was there. So that is that is untrue. That's untrue. Come on me getting pressed? I mean, that's not what they're saying from what I heard. That's just from when I heard. No, you were with an alleged woman a friend of mine, of course, just a friend, two friends of mine, the two of them actually, and then you went up and hugged the Maris and then one of the women that you were with say, yo, who is that?
Speaker 2: See you see what you can put the tone on that? You see how you see how quick that changes? It wasn't It wasn't that at all. It was just a it was like who is that?
Speaker 1: Like? Who's that? I was like, that's the Marius. Has a woman ever asked who is that? In a very passive way of not?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've had it in an aggressive way as well, And that's why I know the difference.
Speaker 1: That wasn't the aggression.
Speaker 3: Why does a woman really want to know who that is? In the past way she's asking who is that bitch?
Speaker 1: And why are you hugging her like that?
Speaker 2: No, that's not well. Yes, if it was that energy, I could recognize that.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't that, Amarics.
Speaker 3: Can you explain the hug was? Was the hug over over two seconds?
Speaker 1: Oh? You were excited? That's what happens.
Speaker 2: See what see? I come in here peaceful. See this is what This is the type of ship I get.
Speaker 1: Do women do that on purpose?
Speaker 3: I hate when I'm with a chick and I see another chick and she does like the overly happy to see me.
Speaker 1: She never does that, and now I'm with this chick.
Speaker 2: That she would literally guess because she knows she would call causing me some type of trouble.
Speaker 1: But you know, it wasn't like she wasn't like Molly.
Speaker 2: No Molly. First of all, ms ever called me Molly. I would look at her like first.
Speaker 1: When Molly Molly, Yeah, Molly mal It was a great night, though emotional argist. So how did you explain who Dumars was? I said, that's all she works with us.
Speaker 4: Now he called me assistant, my assistant.
Speaker 1: At a boss up on them.
Speaker 2: I never said that sho that's definitely not what one of my assistants one one of yeah, many niggas love to sound busy.
Speaker 3: One of my how many do you have, sir, I'm by coastal. Yeah, no, everybody by coastal. I've never seen their cribs on the other coast.
Speaker 2: Just because you talk about that fly somewhere a few times, Yeah, you're not by coastal. If you just go there and come back in a week like that doesn't make you about coastal.
Speaker 3: I think by coastal is the number one New Year's resolution that never gets done.
Speaker 1: I know people are like, I think this is it. I'm gonna do the buy coastal thing.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know anybody that's buy coasting that I think about it. I don't think I know anybody. People just let me move, you know, rich people, So I don't know what I'm saying. People just move.
Speaker 1: I know people that are like Jersey, New York. That's the safe. It's different coastal. Hudson's Jersey and New York, Jersey. In New York, Oh, you buy coastal. Yeah, I was in Queens and Jersey City. He was by coast Yeah, I was. I was trying to borrow. I get it.
Speaker 2: No, he was definitely her. Nobody's ever buy Coastal like people just move people. I think people like the idea of being by Cohostal we talked about being by Coastal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we might actually make it happen, though, well, I think we could. I think we should just stop saying the word by on the podcast because yea, I mean, let's get the numbers. Are only only if you only if you mean it right.
Speaker 3: Listen, everyone should live the lifestyle they want to live, absolutely.
Speaker 1: In the in the words of Ray j and Gloria Carter, love whoever you want to love, be whoever you want to be. That's the fact. I agree, That's that's really it.
Speaker 3: Should we jump right into the nonsense or how was your weekend?
Speaker 1: We can get there. Oh, the weekend was cool. I went to h I went to the nick game last night. They uh, they got their asses kicked your feet on wood. Uh, not on the wood, but like right behind the wood pause where the sidechicks, that's where you were in that section. There was some There was some. Yeah, they were sprinkled around. I recognized the fewer. Who are you doing here at the Garden on a Sunday. It's weird. So I got traded from the Heat I used to see in Miami all the time. It's weird that New.
Speaker 2: York didn't work out going to the next one. Yeah, they let Ricky Rubio come in give them forty. It was I was laughing my ass off because I didn't even know Ricky Rubio was still in the league. So that was the hell of a way to find out. But yeah, I went to the Neck game Sunday. Saturday, watched the Canelo fight at the Crib. Me and the homie, Me and Dre.
Speaker 1: That was it. Man. My weekend was pretty pretty chill, pretty quiet. I feel like I saw you. Did we do something this weekend? The City Show? Was that a Friday? That was a Thursday? I think, Okay, so thursdays, but that's like our weekend. So yeah, yeah, I went to the heart of They Fall.
Speaker 3: It wasn't really a premiere because the movie was already out. Yeah, they did like a jam session. This ship was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I was. It's cool.
Speaker 3: I figured I would see you there because it was a lot of a lot of Rockefeller alumni in the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I was gonna go.
Speaker 2: But then you know, I get I get deterred, and I get like turned off quickly when I start hearing you gotta take, you know, a COVID test, and then you gotta wait over here for thirty minutes to get it, and then you got to be dressed like black excellence. And it's like, yo, fam, I just want to go to a party and just have a great time, Like, don't tell me all those things that I gotta do.
Speaker 1: Some people were dressed up somewhere, and I will see saw the videos. It wasn't black excellence. There were some whites. There was some white excellence in this black place, for sure, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, at least the COVID test was open bar, so you got thirty minutes to sit, oh and drink.
Speaker 1: Just get hammered or wait to see if I have COVID or not. But it was cool, Okay, it was cool. I think the film is great. I saw some movie was really good. I saw someone tweet Quentin Tarantino must be shaking right now that a black western was created without using the N word in every sentence. Yeah, And it was.
Speaker 2: It was an interesting twist on it because they even played to that when I don't want to spoil ifybody didn't see it, but when the guy was about to say the word and Regina King did what she did, Yeah, it was kind of like, I see what this is going, Like we're not even playing that, we're not depicting that in this in this movie.
Speaker 1: Movie was good. I really enjoyed it. I think I think it was a really good movie. What do black people feel about Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 2: I don't know what black people feel. I mean, I think black people like a lot of his films. I love his films.
Speaker 1: He does like that word a lot. It's really into that word with the hearty R. Yeah. I mean.
Speaker 2: If you could hide behind the art when you want to just get it off, like he can't say it casually, so he has to hide it behind the arts and you know.
Speaker 1: It's right there in the Yeah. Yeah, but I mean it's you know, he reads the scripts out loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like your cut you didn't say nigger right, like you gotta lean into it all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I get it. Did you ever see him on one to six and Park? I remember it, but I don't.
Speaker 3: It's quite possibly the funniest video if you can find it on YouTube.
Speaker 1: I forget I remember him being one.
Speaker 3: It was with him, Samuel Jackson. I think Jamie Fox was on there too.
Speaker 1: I forgot. All I know is he was maybe that. I know that was all us. It's the point movie where they used the inWORD okay, yeah, hundreds of them kill Bill.
Speaker 3: He completely like changed his tone and like he really blacked it up, like how he was talking, and it is quite possibly the funniest thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I remember him being on that, but I can't remember that episode. It was like trying to be like a rapper and it's very awkward.
Speaker 2: I feel like years later people bought it back on the internet and started making fun of it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that was a side note. But it was a good movie though.
Speaker 2: If you haven't seen a Holiday Fall, it's a good movie. I recommend you watch it. I think enjoyed it. It reminded me of I don't know if you remember that movie Posse. It kind of felt like that a little bit with Mario van Peebles, but it didn't have the racial undertone in it. So that's why I like the hearter they Fall, because it kind of removed that and just got straight to just you know, black people were always strong, prominent business owners.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that. So I like that. I like that depiction of it. I like that. Oh it sounds like critical race theory. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, the world is fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, more crazy shit has happened. It seems like every week it's more and more crazy crazy shit happened. And then this week was more crazy shit happened, like we expected it.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get right right to astra world. Yeah, let's get to it, man, let's let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: First of all, rest in peace, prayers and condolences to anybody that was affected, anybody that lost the loved one. You know, prayer. It's a tragic situation, first and foremost. You never want to leave home to go somewhere and have fun and lose your life, so especially young kids. Yeah, So prayers and condolences to all of the all of the victims, all of the families, and anybody that had to witness that, because that's that's traumatizing as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, of course, the internet interneted. When it happens, somebody has to be the blame. Yeah, and I guess I guess overall, because it is Travis Scott's festival, there is some blame on him.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's the same. It's the same. You know how it goes. If your celebrity.
Speaker 2: And you know, we get into a fight, they're gonna say, oh, so and so had a fight.
Speaker 1: You cannot throw one punch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're gonna say, oh, yo, they just had a fight with so and so on It's like, but he wasn't involved in a fight, he was just there.
Speaker 3: So I mean, mostly how festivals do go. Travis Scott did not put that festival together by himself. They hire third parties and you kind of put your faith in that the third party will do their job.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what production company they hired. The lack of security obviously is a problem. The lack of ambulances and paramedics was definitely the problem. I can't see where this.
Speaker 3: Is really because that clip of Travis singing when the body was which was a terrible video to watch. But do people realize that artists can't really see in the crowd like that with a lot of the lights, They can't hear shit.
Speaker 1: They can't see they can't hear stuff, especially when you're at the size of that festival and you just see a sea off people. It's it could be hard to kind of tell what's going on. You see commotion, and.
Speaker 2: There's videos popping up of Travis saying, Yo, somebody passed.
Speaker 1: I'll let the ambulance get through. You know, he stopped the show.
Speaker 2: So I mean, you know, the Internet is going to find videos and chop them to create these narratives.
Speaker 3: But I think they need to rethink festivals period. Even with the lack of security, there could have been a bunch of security, that still doesn't change the fact of how hard it would for paramedics to get over there. That looked no different than any festival I've been to, especially when that Travis Scott is performing.
Speaker 1: Yet festivals are very fine unsafe.
Speaker 2: If they allow Travis to do another Astra World next year, I think they're going to take it back inside the arena where you have seats and you can kind of limit the number of people to, you know, a reasonable amount, Because fifty sixty thousand people I think they were saying was out there.
Speaker 1: I think more than that. Yeah, that's that's it's hard to control. Yet many people at one time.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, what they're saying alleged happened is very fucking interesting and weird, to say the least, because again, I thought people were trampled. They're suggesting someone planned an attack to inject people with something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are saying that a lot of the symptoms of people passing out and things like that are symptoms of like cardiac arrest, and you know, reading things, just reading things online. I'm not saying any of this is true. I'm hearing that it may have been fitting all overdoses. Kids were on pills, some of the pills may have been laced. I'm hearing reports of somebody running around with a syringe and injecting the people with shit, and the officers said.
Speaker 1: Somebody injected him. I saw that with a needle. I don't know what I mean. Again, it's all kind of reports going around, whole kind of people uploading stuff to the internet with theories and things like that. But the bottom line of his lives were lost. Yeah, and it's unfortunate, and.
Speaker 3: I mean to some degree too, of what the perception probably was of the Staff festival culture, if you will, because I know we put culture at the end of everything we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Badshit.
Speaker 3: Now it's kids passing out and kids taking too much drucks. Like every festival I've been to, there's always been a young passed out kid that's probably not even really being attentive to it all. Yeah, and you have to think a lot of kids are scared of repercussions, so they'll sit with their past out friend just so they don't get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Like I see that at the festivals all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they were saying. With the the fentnel with the pills that they're saying that it may have been a group and they all may have taken some pills and they were probably laced with fentanyl not knowing, you know, accidental overdose. Yeah, and you know, I hope that's not the case, because that's that's just like, you know, super super fucked up. But again, you know, still anyway, whatever happened, lives were loss. Yeah, and that's what we know, and you know, it's unfortunate. But again, I don't think it's fair for people in the internet to come down on Travis and like it's his fault. I don't see where he's the the guy to blame for this. Maybe you know, for not having a safe enough space, you know, maybe, but still again lives being lost, Like.
Speaker 1: You can't put that on Travis. I don't. I don't. I don't think that's fair to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I don't think he sits there and maybe he should. Maybe this is the difference between having artists through festivals and companies like Live Nation doing it because they kind of, yeah, your name is on this, this is yours. You kind of do have to cross teas and dout the eyes and say, well, is there enough security? But I know that's not Travis is an artist.
Speaker 1: He was the only thing he.
Speaker 3: Was concerned about was putting on that show, and he thought he delegated everything else.
Speaker 2: But even if you have more security, I don't see what more security would have helped in the instance of a stampede and people rushing and pushing forward and trying.
Speaker 1: To get like security can do security getting tramped in that's situation as well, so.
Speaker 3: They could get paramedics or people places faster.
Speaker 1: Than I think. The only way to do that effectively is you have to break up the group, Like you have to kind of make like pods and sections of shit, like there's.
Speaker 2: Only five thousand people here, five thousand people here, two thousand people here.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You gotta kind of to me, that would be the only way to kind of like ease that crowd from being able to just push and and and rush people at the same time.
Speaker 1: I think that's the only way.
Speaker 2: But having more security in the mix of that, I don't see what that would have helped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's just even more unfortunate of everyone so happy that festivals are back and people can go outside, and then some shit like this happens, and it's like, damn, now we're we're terrified. We stayed inside, now we're going outside, and now we got to be terrified again because we don't know what the fuck people are doing with drugs and with syringes now running around.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope that's not true, you know what I mean. I hope that that's not the case.
Speaker 4: It was only one confirmed case of somebody who said they got stabbed with the needle. All everybody else they're saying that because everyone was pushing to the front, it caused people to not be able to breathe, Okay, and that's where the CARDI is or rest what's coming from. And then once you see people dropping to the ground, other people got nervous panic attacks like that, which can help with the cardiac rist And they said that Travis Scott stopped the show once, but then he started again, so yeah.
Speaker 1: He can't see. It's impossible for him to see all of that that was going on. And I'm telling you the stage and all of those people.
Speaker 4: They needed more eyes on the ground. That's more tardy to come in because they needed more eyes on the ground so that they knew just how serious it was.
Speaker 3: The artist is not looking into the crowd for safety reasons. I'm sorry they're they're focused on the show. Yeah, and again back to the festival culture. If an artist had stopped a show anytime a kid passed out. And I'm not downplaying, I'm just telling you what happens in festivals, there would be no festivals.
Speaker 1: Bottom line.
Speaker 2: Prayers and the condolences to the families and the victims that were involved. It's a tragic situation and yeah, man, yeah, it's terrible. Rest in peace. Get to some more lighter stuff. I know we started out heavy there. My apologies. Did you talk to Summer.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't speak to summer did you did you give her a little hay big head text? I No, I spoke to his stink stink, No, I spoke to her in my head.
Speaker 1: I cursed London out all weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, picture you walking around your house like, yeah, I can't believe he did.
Speaker 1: That, man, Like you know, it's just it's like, damn, man, like, how could you the entire pregnancy? You left her alone like by herself, like, and it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter if you look at I'm just doing dirting that for summer. Wow, I'm just going by with the lyrics that we received.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like, this is what the woman is telling us happen. So I'm saying I've been listening to the album all weekend, and it's like the more and more I listen, I'm just looking at London like, Damn, I thought you was a good guy.
Speaker 1: Man. What happened? Like? How did you you thought that's what you thought? I thought he was a good guy.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like it's anytime I seen on Instagram with her, they looked happy, They looked.
Speaker 1: Like ghosts, looked like he was doing the right thing.
Speaker 2: He was just a stand up guy and come to find doubt, it was all bullshit and we.
Speaker 1: Haven't heard his side yet.
Speaker 3: Here's like that's what that's what's fucked up about when you date the artist. Yeah, like you'll never hear We have never heard Tyrone's.
Speaker 1: Side to know, never go doesn't even matter. First of all, Tyrone wasn't even the guy. He was just a friend. Like he just got chilling. But he thrown into it like your family. I was just going to pick the homie up.
Speaker 3: Like whoever Erica was talking about on callin Tyrone. We never got his side.
Speaker 1: We don't know. We just took it, you know. Yeah, wouldn't take the ticket as wu Tang show. Right, what if? What if he couldn't get tickets? You gotta step his ship up? Got something to do that, man? Oh no, I want to hear London side, London. This is an open invite to this podcast. We need, we need to stand up for men.
Speaker 3: We don't know what she was putting you through and what forced you to have to leave and go back to all three.
Speaker 1: Of your body others. You know, sometimes you got so sometimes you got to read the room. Man. It's like this nigga got three three. I mean some went into it though, Yeah, but he got three though, yes, four Summer's four. But I'm saying that that's what someone was supposed to read the wrong. There's like seven songs called four.
Speaker 2: You know she was the fourth, but three, Like my thing is, at some point the nigga is just who he is, man, Like, you got three baby mothers, all of them is beefing with him, Like you gotta know, like this nigg he just ain't ship.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I kind of appreciated. The album did start out with her defending London against all the baby mothers.
Speaker 1: It did, and that made me feel good. I'm like I started with Cardi.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know Cardy like kind of a and all the project by the way, like we just got that, Like did she she told someone what to do, like yo, listen, just make a record, tell him that you got money, Yeah, and fucked them.
Speaker 1: It was like she's a genius. Yeah. I was like, oh, there's a reason Cardi is Cardi. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is a Cardi is doing. She's been through it. But that was I thought that that was a genius way of saying like you know, because you can.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: We can go back and read that timeline with summer, like when she getting into it with the baby mother and all that.
Speaker 1: We saw that all of those things unfold. So it was dope to see that.
Speaker 2: And then as the album goes on, it's like, nah, but it's you though, FN like you ain't ship you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean? Like that's what she ended, and then she ended with a prayer for him that was not a prayer for London, for ourselves, it was, yeah, well we got to get into the prayer too, because to give us whole prayer memorize that prayer don't work.
Speaker 2: For side chicks though. I think I think I need sid chicks to understand that. See that's the thing. See, you gotta you gotta do the work. You can't just pray. You gotta do the work too.
Speaker 1: God helps those who help themselves exactly, So you can't be aside and be like know she's aside, they be knowing they side. And first of all, why are side chicks homewreckers? They're home helpers. Some they are home helpers. They're not home.
Speaker 4: A happy man that didn't have a side chick like.
Speaker 1: They can keep they could keep your house together, happy man that didn't have a side I have seen relationships work better when the man was cheating, and then when he stopped, that's when the shit really hit the fan.
Speaker 3: Like, they're not home rerecords, they're home helpers. They take so much stress so you can be a better boyfriend or husband.
Speaker 2: Side chicks can be home helpers if they're honest with themselves.
Speaker 1: Being side chicks. Side chicks that are not honest with themselves and think that they have a chance of being the main chick, they can destroy your own Are you suggesting someone with a side chick in this, No, she wasn't a side chick.
Speaker 2: I'm suggesting that she really loved and cared about her baby father at one point and was trying to do everything she could to help him become a better person, and it just didn't work out, and he didn't want to do the work.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to work on himself.
Speaker 2: That's just what she's suggesting. I don't know this, gentleman. I'm not trying to say it's true. I'm just saying these were her words. I'm listening to the album, listening to the lyrics, and it sounds like you know she was trying to help him.
Speaker 1: She was holding him down. Like she said, I was there for you, you know, but you to me, I was just to come up for you. It was just for clout. We got to stop with this hold me down thing. I hate when women hold you that. No, no, no, no no, I'm not gonna let you do that. You gotta let me know what holded. Tell me, tell me how I know women that are holding niggas down. I agree, and like in a real way.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it paying for like haircuts, like hey, your car note, Like like I know women that are really doing that for niggas that on Instagram that I really like, niggas that you might think are popping. And then it's like fam, you live with Shorty and she's paying like all of the bills.
Speaker 3: On Okay, Well, do you think financially Summer needed to hold London on the track down.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying financially, no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was. I don't think she ever alluded to so much financial. I think it was more so like she knew that he had his issues and that she was trying to love him and like really like help him grow and be a more mature person. I think that's what she was alluding to. Like, I was just trying to show you.
Speaker 1: That because it's saying in love it's cool and being having a family is cool, Like that's cool. Ship running around you got three a bunch of Yeah. Yeah, but it did, but it didn't work out. She didn't have a family yet, Yeah, but it did them.
Speaker 2: She was trying to have a family with him, and he still was in a place where he just wanted to run around.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm not I don't know. I don't know London personally.
Speaker 3: Her saying this going you're trying to compete with thug was one of the funniest bars I ever heard.
Speaker 1: My list is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So this is the ship we are in, and I'm just like, damn really, like that's what was going on.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, let's not judge London because he has fortune. We have to judge him. Okay, now he's this is what is for? How many times have you not in ship? Brow? Yo? Well she was on birth control if I did.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, the way we the way we judge guys with a lot of kids while we fuck women raw and just because we have better luck.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's not. It doesn't make them shittier. How they handle their kids makes them a shitty person. Okay, there you go, creating like we always say, we always ship on people with a lot of kids, Like, damn, why would you bring this?
Speaker 2: No, it's not it's not it's not the number of kids. It's relationships. It's the relationships you have with the women. You understand, like if it's like drama with all three, you don't see the kids, you don't take care of the kids.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like.
Speaker 2: Fam But how you got all of these situations, like all of this, all these issues with women?
Speaker 1: Have you ever had weird women? That's weird to me? You said, what have you ever had.
Speaker 3: Raw sex with a woman that you wouldn't consider to probably be a good mother or be Oh god, okay, so you know better than London?
Speaker 1: No, No, I am better. I'm a lot better than London. I don't have any kids. Well we shouldn't. Why have people brag about not having children, Like that's not football. That's the weirdest thing in the world. Your team, no kids, I got no kid. I'm thirty. No kids. If if it's beautiful to bring people into the world.
Speaker 2: It is, but it's also it's also beautiful to raise family, for sure, and not have broken homes and not have a bunch of men around your kids that your baby mother might be dating.
Speaker 3: I completely agree with you, but it doesn't make you a better person when you still are doing the act and the girl just happened.
Speaker 1: To not get pregnant. I have an OWD girl that I think would be terrible mothers. Okay, thank god they didn't ever kid. But it doesn't make me better.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 1: It makes me a lot better. I'm a great guy. Yeah, I'm a great guy. Better, I'm a great guy. What if London is just pro life, that's a good. What if he's a Christian, that's a good that's a good.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: But see, no, no, no, no, no, we can't because then if it was all of that.
Speaker 4: Cut him some slack because she did say I'm fourth baby mama, that his mother was not around for him. So if you want to get into some therapy.
Speaker 1: Yeah that this.
Speaker 4: How can you have a family if you never had a family? Listen, man, family if you never had a family.
Speaker 2: And I agree, which is why, which is why I said what I said, Like, I'm not saying he's a terrible guy because I don't know him. I'm just going by with Summer saying on the project from her point of view of being pregnant.
Speaker 1: She's saying she's she was alone the whole pregnancy, like she didn't.
Speaker 2: She didn't feel like it was ever a real family that he wanted. She felt like he just wanted to say, Oh, I'm with Summer just for the cloud, like that's my queen. But I'm only a queen of R and B, not in real life.
Speaker 1: He's still London. Like if I don't I was dating Summer, it would look more cloudy than London.
Speaker 3: You said, what if I was dating Summer, you could say that would be looking more cloudy than London.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true. That's not true. Oh you think I'm popping, Not that I think you're popping. But it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't because I see what you're trying to say, Like it, Yes, London is successful.
Speaker 1: He's a producer. He bodied her first classic. They made great music to get matter of fact, they tried to make this album is a bite of the sound London did on the first one, didn't he introduce some tracks on this album though, no I don't think. Yes he does on this album. Yes, I didn't even know that. But well it's called still over It, so I mean NAT's still sound like it would sound like over It.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm not gonna say London is a bad It's all jokes. I'm just I'm just saying how much I love that I'm listening to it, and it started to make me kind of feel some way towards them, just because the music is so good.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's why you can't be vulnerable with women anymore, because they might make good music about it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure London uh confide into Summer about his relationship with his mother his childhood in that degree, told her all these things. Maybe the reason I act the way I act is because of what my mother wasn't around and I don't really know what the structured.
Speaker 1: Family is and this and that.
Speaker 3: And then look, the moment she doesn't love him anymore, goes and uses that ship right against him and puts in a fucking record.
Speaker 1: Yeah but you can't. You can't weaponize my trauma. But you can't do that, all right, So we're going I told you the way I asked, I don't throw it back in my face.
Speaker 2: That's a stance you're taking. Okay, So but what it gets to a point where it's like enough is enough to how much? How much does she put up with? You understand what I'm saying. So you got to think about that too, Like, because again I don't know London. It could be a great guy, but he doesn't like you if he told me, I don't know why he doesn't like me, but because you did I put money bags on the summer's picture. Yeah, yes, niggas don't like me because of that. Like that's showing love. I bought her album.
Speaker 3: Listen, I support your family. I'm gonna name drop really quick. Okay, just to make the story better, more salacious. Yes, we were in the studio and Puff was there, and London skipped over Puff to tell me he didn't fuck with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, look listen man, listen. I don't know you know he breakst Puff? Yeah man, It went to me and said, yo, your man's I'm like, listen man, and mind you. I didn't even know what London looked like, so I didn't even know who's talking to me.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, I don't know it's so love man, It's I got nothing but love for everybody. I ain't got issues with nobody, but yeah, the album is just it's an honest, it's the honest, vulnerable project.
Speaker 3: Zero accountability in this in this project, I just want to say, I love this album.
Speaker 1: But are you saying someone's trying to.
Speaker 3: Stick up for men because this entire weekend it was just a men bashing session and someone had to come in here today and stick up for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't stick up with somebody if you don't know if what they were or were not doing.
Speaker 3: Though, that's why I fuck with Adele Dell is the only female artist that takes accountability. She put out Hello and said, you know, I was a piece of shit. I was terrible. Sorry, Mac Wilde's in this video.
Speaker 2: I feel like somebody else just did that, though, I fuck another female R and B artist just did that.
Speaker 1: Took accountability. Yeah, she took a lot of accountabiit. I feel like we would remember that because we spoke about it. Though. There just needs to be one one verse on this where I feel like Summer is kind of just really saying, oh, this was my fault, but what if it wasn't.
Speaker 2: What if she literally did all she could to save her relationship and keep her family together, do more. You know, he was young, he's more mature now, you know. I'm it could be different, you know, so you can't blame her for being the fourth. Like I've seen a lot of women like I could never be number four. I could never a lot of y'all could never be number one. That's a whole nother that's a whole other topic that we could get into. If y'all, if y'all willing, if how much time y'all got, all jokes aside. There's a great album, man, I think this is a really really dope project.
Speaker 1: You think it's better than the first, no better then, but it's a different album.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's probably just as good as the first.
Speaker 3: I think there's gonna be more standout records from the first one than this one.
Speaker 1: This is this is an album album. Like, yeah, I feel like there's no usher record from the first one that like, all right, this will be the joint that's played all.
Speaker 2: The time, you know what, you know why I do think that this may be better than the first because the story is so real, like and we watched it unfold. So it is a different it's a the records hit different because you can really go back and you know, if you have those videos saved on your Instagram, you can.
Speaker 1: See, like you're sick of I'm saying, if you do it, but you can you can see it. You can see the timeline.
Speaker 2: I think her add in Sierra's prayer at the end of it was was dope because you know every woman has been for the past hoy many years saying what this, How did Sierra pray for Russell and her relationship? Like and again you know it's it's it's it's not just the prayer. You got to be willing to put into work as well.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, Russell give us our prayer? Man, I need Russell's prayer for us. Russell's prayer, Yeah, I need russell S prey.
Speaker 1: Next.
Speaker 2: Who would be the R and B who would be the male R and B artist to have Russell's prayer at the end of his.
Speaker 1: His album August? You know what? You know he would do Russell's prayer and Jada's prayer. Maybe Jada's prayer Russell's prey. I don't know, but shit, man, I think the album is dope. I really know, I really do enjoy the album. I'm talking ship and I know shout out to l BR and you guys did an amazing job makes it roll out. I loved it all. I just got to come here to stick up for man. I love the album. I'm not even talking we have it's fun.
Speaker 2: No no, And I thought about that too, Like I said, when I was listening to You're Not Having Fun when I was a bit album, I was like, damn, like.
Speaker 1: They gonna kill London, Like they're gonna kill him. Like she's airing the last is it?
Speaker 2: The last old song before Sierra's prayer when she's talking to London's mother, like, first of all, your mother should have whooped your ass. You know how mad a woman got to be to say your mom should have whooped.
Speaker 3: Your Then she explained all his trauma to the world and then left him.
Speaker 1: Listen. Sometimes women can't you know, enough is enough, man. You gotta move on. And someone seems to be happy in her new relationship now as well, for sure, And again I'm not investing these people's lives. I'm not really just talking right there, right out to London and summer. I hope everyone find love and peace and happiness. And she I think she's reported to do two hundred thousand something, which is incredible, amazing.
Speaker 2: I think I told Justice, he asked me. I think I said one. I thought she was because I felt like everybody was waiting for it. She can cracked too, Yeah, for sure, that's definitely a big, big accomplishment for so shout out to them. I'm seeing everything going around talking about the contract situation. I don't know how true that is, and I didn't ask Justice about it.
Speaker 1: I was that's funny. I was considering calling him. Why listen.
Speaker 3: We can't be the hypocrites that'd be preaching all this contract bullshit. And even though Justice is our man, we gotta get the bottom of it because if you tell, if you're taking that much from her, Justice is time to talk.
Speaker 1: Where's the little thingy the toggle? Where's the toggle? Do we have the adapter? Justice is not going to answer.
Speaker 2: I'm willing to bet he's not going to answer album numbers coming in, you know what I'm saying, Like some will probably on his phone right now talking about shows. There's no way he answers the phone. I'm willing to bet he don't answer the phone. Nope, we could keep that. Yeah, I told you wouldn't answer. Busy week for him, man, busy week.
Speaker 3: Oh no, for sure for sud. Now that contract I am curious to see. I mean, I know with joint ventures, a lot of the splits are not Yes.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's correct, though, I'm willing to bet that that contract isn't true.
Speaker 3: I mean, fifteen cents on the dollar sounds like a major deal to me.
Speaker 2: I feel like ye, But I feel like I feel like I feel like someone would have addressed that a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Maybe she didn't know, Maybe she read that article with the rest of the world. You don't know a lot of artists doing it if I'm not saying that's a fact.
Speaker 1: But she did you know what the next album is gonna sound like? Still over Justice? Shee out? Did you really screw me Justice? Yeah? She going to adjustice out like some old socks. Man. But I don't think it's true. Though, I don't think it's true.
Speaker 2: I think that Summers, I think she's very aware, and I just think that I don't think LVRN would conduct business.
Speaker 1: I can't see them doing that. I definitely at all. But that is weird timing and who wrote it? Like where did that come? What I'm saying like, it's just it's just too weird. It's like where did this come from? Whey? Right now, it just feels like it was just some negative shit. Maybe London. Ah, I could see that. Maybe he kind of threw that out there, like, yes, why you ain't getting no bread? You really don't like London? No, ill with him. I don't like him. I don't even know him, Like I think he's an adupe producer. Justic said hit you in two minutes.
Speaker 2: Ah, that old industry two minutes. That really means our No, that's my man. We're not industry friends.
Speaker 1: That's smart man. Went's dr together. That makes us a couple.
Speaker 2: It does Low Kid does, like if you put your feet in the sand with another man kind of like it's a different level of like bonding.
Speaker 1: We were shirtless together for four nex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a definitely I think we got to get shirtless together. And you think I'm just saying not like that. I would love for you gotta one up the old pot huh No, No, no, I'm saying, like we need to spend time bonding with of course, you know have lady friends around for sure to kind of break up the you know, Amarica could round them up. Me and Demerius gotta have a long talk because she won't invite people places when I asked her to, and I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: But you like. But that's what I understand. For the people that are listening. Here's a little backstory. You got a lot of backstories, maul had asked him.
Speaker 3: I just love I've known Demeris for a very long time, so watching your friendship with her blossom is fun to watch, just because I've known both of you for a very long time.
Speaker 1: So I like to see, you know when two worlds where you guys will bond and not bond.
Speaker 3: I am under the impression is not true. But Damarius has the host she's always had that she does. She has the doutte. She will not invite one of call her call her a woman to the Saint John Show. Thanks for you, But my thing is, you also have a plus one, So I'm all plused out.
Speaker 1: Why can't you invite this young lady. I'm all plussed out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I used all my pluses and I spoke to saint and he said, I can't have.
Speaker 1: No more pluses.
Speaker 3: No, So what plus are you bringing instead of this young woman asking the marriage to bring?
Speaker 2: I invited you know, I invited some some some people that never seen Saint John perform.
Speaker 1: Okay, they to show so fanatics. Yeah you did a giveaway on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Not on Twitter kind of like people I know, okay, against people I know, like secondhand people.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: It's like, Yo, my cousin. He's a home girl I work with. She's a huge fan.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, it's so nice of you. I'm just trying to change the world. One those Saint John fan at the time, Well, I have.
Speaker 3: A plus that I won't be using. Okay, So if I give you my plus.
Speaker 1: Would you invite her? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, she's great and she's healing. Last time I saw her, she told me she was healing. Next thing I know, it's tears. I'm like, what's going on? And then she said I'm healing. I was like, oh, well, if you would have said that, it would have you know. So Saint John, he has a great record called roses.
Speaker 1: What else would help women heal more than flowers? Sourse? Here, roses come to Saint John. She's just trying to help her healing process. Yeah, and Saint Love's taking his shirt off. That might help Wales. I don't know, you're you're the next two. You're not London, you're the one that heals her. I'm Frands. That was a me joke, Like that was a bad joke. That's a joke I would make. Somebody said.
Speaker 3: Somebody said, y'all got to stop naming your kids London in Paris because they act like Tremont and Newark.
Speaker 1: They act like Tremont and gun Hill. Yeah, that child's name is Merrick.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but yeah, but no, you should invite her though she's cool.
Speaker 1: That's the homie. Man. Have you ever dated a woman that was healing? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: And I found out while we were dating, Like, you should tell a guy before you start dating that you're healing. Well, don't let me find out while I'm trying to, like, you know, get my ship off, just like now, I got to receive energy that's still meant for him, Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, I don't need baggage. Yeah, I don't know him. I mean, women are never gonna say you that, though.
Speaker 2: Some of them do I think women are I think women are learning and that it's okay to be Like, and I've read something that says you honestly doesn't have to be brutal, So I don't. I want to stop saying brutally honest because I like that, Like, honesty.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be brutal, I mean, unless it's brutal.
Speaker 2: But what's brutal though, Like, what's brutal about being honest? Like, I don't think it should be you shouldn't, you shouldn't. It shouldn't feel like it's being brutal.
Speaker 1: Taking out all your trauma on an innocent bystander that's just trying to get to know you and help you. Yeah, But then I don't think that's being honest. I think I think you're intentionally trying to hurt someone.
Speaker 3: Well, things are triggering in relationships and patterns. So yeah, women that are not healed or people, let's say that because I've done it too. When you're not healed in something, you're gonna take it out on that person when you get triggered from something on the last the last thing.
Speaker 1: But what's something that has triggered you?
Speaker 2: Like, what was the last thing that triggered you in a conversation or something with a female.
Speaker 3: Uh, honestly kind of what Summer did on that mom record, Like, I hate it. It does trigger me if I explain a certain trauma in my life when we're being vulnerable and then in a fight they use you, they use it and throw it out or try to say I don't understand, like why you behave this way, and it's like I've told you exactly why, and I'm working on I.
Speaker 1: Can understand that triggering you, And yeah, but that's fucked up. You shouldn't. You shouldn't throw people's vulnerabilities at them. But hurt people, hurt people.
Speaker 3: I've definitely been hurt and probably took it out on the next persons.
Speaker 1: Going ghost on somebody considered like you taking out your traumas on them. Uh if part of your trauma, if a result of your trauma is running away and shutting down, Yes, it depends where it's rooted from.
Speaker 2: Because I do that a lot, And I just noticed that about myself like a few months ago, Like I go ghost on people a lot, but it usually has nothing to do with the person, like I sense from I just like I really thoroughly need to be alone at times, like you don't want.
Speaker 1: To be like press that to people.
Speaker 2: I do, but I'm finding it no matter how much you express it to people when it happens, they still don't accept it. And I'm not saying that they have to. You don't have to accept anything, but like it's like, but I told you.
Speaker 1: This is how I am.
Speaker 2: Like I just have these times and these moments where I just need to detach and just be by myself. And it's not like you know, if you're dating a woman and you go ghost, it's like they automatically assume it's another woman.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I see why he loves this summer album. You're not taking any accountability in how maybe you're explaining this incorrectly to the person you're speaking to. I just need to and need to learn how to say.
Speaker 1: That to them. I just that's what I just said, like.
Speaker 3: And compromising the fact of if I want to go ghost, all right, I'm gonna shoot you two text messages.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm doing. Is Where'm at, giving me like a day, I'll talk to you like you cause you when I under say, even if you do that, when.
Speaker 3: You go ghost, it will make people feel insecure about what is going on, if they did something wrong, what you're doing, if you're just.
Speaker 1: Not because I've been on the other side of that.
Speaker 3: So you have to explain and figure out how to explain that to that person specifically, because they may need some reassurance while you're going ghosts. And that's where the compromise comes. It can't just always be but sometimes Summer and Mall. Sometimes it's got to be about London and Rory.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen, if we're gonna be progressive here, then just be progressive. Then. You know, I don't know where you were taking us right there. You're my guy, you know what I mean. I'm gonna I'm here. I'm here, I'm here with you. I'm just we're bonded. We're here.
Speaker 3: But thesion yeah no, But even when you explain I was suggesting that you were Summer, I know what you were, and you don't take cannability London and I are. People get shitted on public. Yeah, it didn't quite land the way you wanted it to, but I'm here.
Speaker 1: It landed the right way. That's how I wanted to.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, even if you explain to people, why why you go ghost or why you need time to yourself. You could explain it till you turn blue in the face, and it's still sometimes it's just not enough.
Speaker 1: It still hurts.
Speaker 2: And I know because I've been on the other side of that. I've been ghosted by women.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, damn, like what happened?
Speaker 2: Like we were and they said, oh, you know, I was going through something and this that and the third, or I had another situation that I wasn't quite sure about.
Speaker 1: I didn't know where that was.
Speaker 2: Going, this that, and the third, and it's like, okay, cool, once they explain it, you understand. But with me, I'm noticing that I can explain it and I can be like, yo, honestly, it has nothing to do with other women.
Speaker 1: I think you're great.
Speaker 2: I just have these moments where I just like I need to detach myself from everybody and I just need to be alone by myself. I'm not outdating other women, I'm not out fucking other women. Like it's literally I'm just by myself. And they just like yeah, right, like you know they don't understand that well.
Speaker 3: Does that form from other trust issues that you may have given them before?
Speaker 1: Do they feel that.
Speaker 3: Are they just untrusting people to begin with, or was that actions that made them think us that like, Okay, he's ghosting me, but I see a million money bags every five seconds. So that's another thing that could that could make someone You were You told me you were asleep and then I saw money bags everywhere. I'm like, y'all drop them in my sleep too?
Speaker 1: You want me to do? I don't know, And you wonder why women feel insecure when you don't know what to tell you how you got to the bottom of it. You're telling them you're asleep and you're not. So let me say I'm ghosting. But you know, women, they may believe that that you're not.
Speaker 2: But sometimes even if I am sleep, it's like, what do you What am I explaining here?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: It's like, why if I'm telling you I just need time by why does it matter if I'm on social media? Why does that matter? I'm still by myself while I'm on social media?
Speaker 1: Okay, but you lies were? No. Sometimes it's like a I was sleep, but then it's like I'm up now, you know, I sleep two hour spurts and then I wake up and I just Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's so odd how these women don't believe you when you go. I can't understand where they're where they're thinking that.
Speaker 4: I understand that just because I am on social media does not mean that I want to talk to anything.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't mean that I'm up, because I could be sleep on social media too, Like if I'm in the bed and I'm liking the feed on I just got my phone right here, like I'm not really up, I'm still sleep.
Speaker 1: I was trying to healthy.
Speaker 2: Issue is not said you got to be up up for a conversation like with a woman you're dating.
Speaker 1: You guys are missing the point. You don't got to be up to know that you like a picture.
Speaker 3: The issue is not that you're on social media and don't want to talk to somebody. It's that you lied about.
Speaker 1: What you were doing and continued and social media would snitched on you. But what I was? But what if I was really sleeping?
Speaker 2: Now I'm up though, Okay, if I tell you I'm sleep at four am and then at five thirty I'm up and I'm on social media, yeah I will sleep for a hour and a half.
Speaker 1: I'm up. Now, where's the lie?
Speaker 4: Se Mall do you think that you're upbringing and losing people when you were young? I just got really deep on you. Has to do with the fact that you're so easily detached from people, women included. Do you know that everybody can die at any moment or be replaced at any moment.
Speaker 1: Jesus the marriage. No, that's not a deep questions. Yeah, no, that's that has nothing to do with it. But if you want to go there, if you want to make it dark dark your call, turn the lights out? How you know it doesn't? Have you ever explored that? Nah?
Speaker 2: I don't think it has anything to do with when you say detached, Like I don't just like completely like cut people off and never speak to them again.
Speaker 1: I don't do that. But when you get closer to somebody though, No emotionally, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's days where I just don't want to be bothered, Like it's just I'm not talking about forever. I don't just like go ghost forever like it's a day or two. I'm just like, I don't just feel like talking. I don't like doing shit. I don't feel like being bothered.
Speaker 1: Is that something you're willing to compromise on with somebody that you would actually like them. Yeah, I've done it. Okay, Yeah, I've gotten a lot better. Actually, I've gotten a lot better.
Speaker 2: I'm not as I'm not as bad as I was with ghosting and detaching myself.
Speaker 1: I'm not as bad.
Speaker 2: I've worked on it because I've been on the other end of it, and I'm like, damn it, this is how I feel.
Speaker 1: That's whack. Okay, there's some growth there. Yeah, we can revisit this topic.
Speaker 3: I think we should try to add the moll therapy segment at least once a month, two times a month.
Speaker 1: I feel like this helped him. Oh no, this didn't help me. I think he's not going to text their back. I promise you this. You thought that helped though it didn't help me at though. Yop. What up?
Speaker 3: Hey, Justice, you're a Justice. You're live on air with more and myself. Congrats, man, I want to say congratulations on the album.
Speaker 1: The album's incredible. Thank you, man.
Speaker 5: I really appreciate y'all. What's up? Mom?
Speaker 1: What's pop and King?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, trying to make it in America?
Speaker 1: Well now you're making it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're doing all right, bro, Yeah, you're doing that right. We would be hypocrites. And because I love you, I want you to clear your name. What's going on with this? With this contract bullshit that they that they're spelling. Did London put that in the press to try to kill the release?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm gonna let y'all do it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let you out do the journalism and investigation.
Speaker 1: I knew it was him. Just look at the timing of everything. You know, where the accounting boys. You know what I'm saying. I want to I want to see that contract. Yeah, listen, we'll clear it up though.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just I just didn't want to get in the middle of everything as we.
Speaker 1: Were put on. I guess it's kind of productive for what our goal was. I hear that that makes sense.
Speaker 3: So it is being resolved for any misunderstandings with Summer and.
Speaker 5: Lurin, Okay, which is none of which is which is none of their business.
Speaker 1: That's the fact it is not it is none of the business. But podcasters. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's just like everybody was like, yo, if if surely had an issue, you don't.
Speaker 1: Think she would have think social media?
Speaker 3: What Summer would never do that she would never go on social media for any issues that's having. I could never see her doing that. All right, Well, I'm glad that's that's that's been cleared up.
Speaker 1: My my thing is all right, so like, let me just make this thing.
Speaker 5: My thing is just like, yeah, guys, we have brought y'all not saying but positive vibes the name of our companies. How do y'all switch on us quickly because some weird article comes out like that's just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, I don't believe people anymore. See this sounds like God, look at our name. It's just loving it. We could never be.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, ro you've been on vacation with me, and I've had all my artists.
Speaker 1: With me on vacation. That is a fact.
Speaker 6: We have great we have a great relationship.
Speaker 5: It's not it's clearly.
Speaker 1: The proof is to put it so that is the fact.
Speaker 5: Look at the time and just do all the critical thinking.
Speaker 1: I'm with you theories out there.
Speaker 3: If I actually thought that that's what you were doing, I probably wouldn't have cald you. But I did want you to clear it up because I did see that flowing around and we were talking about how great Summer's album is. I will say with Boogie's album though, are you holding that hostage?
Speaker 1: When can we get Boogie music?
Speaker 5: Mm hm, I am holding hostage, but Q one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're you're you're the punch to Sissa to Boogie in his capacity.
Speaker 1: I just had to make sure it's right. Okay, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Like the two videos y'all put out. All right, cool, I'll let you go. We'll be remiss not to not to bring up the article. Congrats again on the release.
Speaker 1: Just congrats man, all right, talk to.
Speaker 3: You, bron Yeah, congrats Tony. If I had a round of applause, I would do it. Here's an air horn. It's a long airhorn. Shout out to noy Man and in efn UH and Revolt and Black Effect and Title and Mass Appeal. Norri signed to like seventeen outlets. So shout out to the entire worlds that was involved.
Speaker 2: Shout out the Biggs because he had he orchestrated a lot of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out to Biggsy. I heard he was. He was brought up in the interview. What'd you think of it?
Speaker 2: It was definitely, uh, definitely got a lot of soundbites from it. I think we got a lot of classic clips from it that we're going to see for a long time and here for a long time, I thought I thought it was a It was on brand with the rest of the Kanye interviews we've probably ever received. This one was probably a little more into the mind of the new Kanye or the or yeasy, he's talking with a different bravado now is he?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I the same. This wasn't the same.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: The confidence never waivers. It's not the confidence, it's it's just different from you can see where you can you know where he is business wise now versus where he wasn't business wise, which sway okay, you can you can feel the difference. You can see the difference. It's a different type of conversation. Confidence is always there, That's why he's Kanye.
Speaker 1: Confidence.
Speaker 2: You have to have the most confidence in yourself, which he never didn't have. But I think the conversation was was different because of who he was sitting with. I think that helps a lot of the time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, sitting down with a guy like Norri who long relationship to them, Yeah, they need some history there.
Speaker 2: The type of person that Norry is uh and uh e fn is there to kind of buffer when Nori doesn't have any clue what the fun people are talking about.
Speaker 1: Is like it's the perfect perfect is like it's like, Nori, this is what that means? You know.
Speaker 2: So I thought that was good, great, And then I think the relationships behind the scenes, Uh, Like I said, Biggs had a lot to do with that. And then obviously Puffer Revolt, who who Kanye is is obviously really close with So you could just tell the dynamic and the energy was a little different. He smoked for the first time on camera and I don't know how long, Yeah, probably had a drink on camera for the first time in a very long time as well, since the VM probably, Yeah, So you know, it was just about you could tell the level of comfort was different.
Speaker 1: And again, you know it's it's just Kanye being Kanye. Man.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be entertained and he's gonna say shit that he probably shouldn't say, but he doesn't give a fuck, Like what's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: His business is gonna stop. No.
Speaker 3: From a podcast point of view, I will say what I enjoyed the most about the entire thing was when he kept saying to Nori that you'll you'll be my Joe Rogan. Like, I love that part where the biggest superstars in this culture don't have to go with the necessary biggest platform that they can find.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, and Kanye's done Joe Rogan before, I believe, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But to say that, like, I love that. I don't know why ye chose now to talk. I was gonna ask you that question as well. Why you think he chose this timing because he seems to be calculated wouldn't be the word, because Kanye himself would say he's probably not very calculated, but when he chooses to speak, there's usually.
Speaker 1: A reason for it. I love that he went right to Norri. I love that he didn't have to go back to Rogan or go to some other big platform that is the number one that he can be, like this is Walt Disney. Like, I love that he went to Drink Champs.
Speaker 3: And not to say Drink Champs is huge, don't get it twisted, but I love that superstar and that culture went right to Norri and not to someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think he kind of spoke to that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I think that what that did, and again it speaks to the power of the Yeasy brand.
Speaker 1: I think what that did for podcasting was amazing. I think that I don't even think Kanye understands what he did for podcasting with doing the Drink Champs episode, But it was it was dope. It was a good watch. I watched it twice because I went on watching when it first came out.
Speaker 2: Something else was going on that night. I feel like we were doing something and it was kind of like it was on BRO. I wasn't paying attention, so it's a lot of things that I missed, But it was just dope to him talk about, you know, relationship and you know, the whole Drake situation and the issue he had there, and you know, him saying he's basically still married.
Speaker 1: He feels like he's still married.
Speaker 2: You know, it's nothing his finals, no divorce papers or anything like that, you know, and then him talking about his movement with Gap and how he was able to, you know, make those numbers do what it did when they went public, and you know, so he's just speaking to the power of himself and you know, his brand, and I think it's amazing when you look at a guy like Kanye in his career and where he came from and where he's at now, it's just nothing but motivation and inspiring to basically say, here's a guy that did more than I think anyone thought he was going to be able to do.
Speaker 3: The inspiring side of it, because I remember and shout out to want Epstein, shout out to Siphon in Rosenberg, because I feel like anytime Hove does a podcast or like Yay does a podcast, people forget that they had Hove on their podcast first. They had Kanye on their podcast first. Like shout out to Wanup.
Speaker 1: For being kind of the blueprint for a lot of the shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember him being on there saying that whole I'm the new Elon Musk, I'm the new like I'm these people, And he did those rants all the time during the Yeasest to all that shit, right, it was kind of cool to see him say all those names again bezos and say those are my peers and actually mean it this time like it happened. You did kind of manifest that shit absolutely Now it does in negate some of the bullshit that you did to get there with certain people that you align yourself with. But I can never take away and who the fuck would I to be to begin with take away Kanye's contributions and the way he is pushing shit for So that was really nice to see. I thought some of the shots he was taking adjustin and quality and Sean I thought was like.
Speaker 1: It's super weird, but that's Kanye's shit. Like if you let if you put a mic.
Speaker 2: In front of Kanye long enough and let him talk, He's gonna say some things that he shouldn't say. Of course you know that about Kanye ready, And I think we went into it like, Okay, what is he going to say this time? Because I know when I heard he was doing the drink Champs, like, I was like, all right, I can't because I know it's a different level of comfort with Nory, So I knew that it was going to be some things he was going to say.
Speaker 1: That was like, damn, Like now the just thing I didn't expect be on that caught me off. God. I was like, that's a little you know, foul, you know what I mean, Like, damn.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm on record not a doctor at all, but I've dealt with a lot of people that have had Asperger's. So I do know that behavior very much. And I said a bunch of times I think Kanye has aspergs. He doesn't really know how to act in social situations and say the right things.
Speaker 1: Well, he had his mind. He alluded to that and he said he's a little on the spectrum. Yeah we are, but he's just more on the spectrum. So yeah, I mean, you know, he he he understands that.
Speaker 2: And I think Kanye is just he's just he's just again I don't want I don't trying to say bruly honest, but he is that guy. He's gonna say things where it's just like that's going to offend somebody, but you understand what he's trying to say.
Speaker 3: It's it's who he offended and how he did it because it was kind of like damn right, So he probably felt that way when the Blue creb was being made, of course, and you've bigged up just work with just like that's what I kind of hate and I'm but have done it before too, when I've gotten mad, I've said things that I probably thought about someone for a long time, and I should have just said that to begin with, because that's like some real funny shit. But like the praise you gave Kuali for so long, of like him being the first rapper to put you on as a rapper, like he's the reason for that. To say you hate his raps like that could be your preference. But some shit you just don't got to say.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, there's something's something that you yourself, you don't need to say it.
Speaker 1: But again, this is publicly. If you want to be in the studio said quality, that verse sucks, but that's what the producer do.
Speaker 2: But we know that Kanye is the exact opposite. He's going to always say things publicly that he shouldn't say. It's just who was he going to say it about this time?
Speaker 1: Did I think it was going to be just Blaze? No? Did I think kuality was gonna catch it straight? No?
Speaker 2: Those weren't the names I was going to reach for. I thought he was going to dig more into the whole Drake situation than any thing.
Speaker 1: I'm over it. I don't care. I was skipping through that part. Yeah, I mean, you over it.
Speaker 2: But this was his first time speaking publicly since a lot of things or have or haven't transpired since the albums came out, you know, six days apart from each other, you know what I mean, that whole back and forth. So I thought that it was going to be more talk on that, like what was the hesitancy about the back and forth? Like who's going to drop first? Like I thought he was going to dig more into that. So I was expecting to hear some some some things about that, but just Colter Stra Quality, colder stra Big, Sean, colt Astra.
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to fully understand that pig Sean Win me too, especially since Sean put out a photo of him seeing Yay like two weeks ago and was like, Yo, this was after this interview and you didn't say any of that to me. And the John Legend thing, because of course John Legend was vocal when YA did the Trump shit, but then also said, Hey, I'm texting him going to his house. We're going to discuss it.
Speaker 3: Like I felt John Legend for who he is publicly when it comes to political shit, and Yeay being so close to him, I thought John handled that ship like with grace and was really dope and was a good friend and still was sticking to his political points on what he thought Kanye was wrong.
Speaker 1: About politics, Big Sean handled even better. I thought Sean just shut the fuck up. He didn't say shit bad about YEA or good about yay or anything. You just shut up.
Speaker 3: Like that's if he wants to go do his Trump thing. That has nothing to do with me. I'm gonna just be quiet.
Speaker 1: So just to say that.
Speaker 3: You're in your grave because you signed Big Sean, like that's some real foul shit because because all.
Speaker 1: Right, I agree, Yeah, that's who Kanye is.
Speaker 3: Because if we keeping a buck with good music, which is one of my favorite labels ever HM in that era of Drake coming up, Kendrick coming up, Jake Cole coming up, when they were all doing those like sub label battles, Sean k he kept good music relevant to the younger crowd.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: Like say, your biggest mistake would be to sign Big Sean Dogg. That kept your label with the kidsoat like what yes, Push, we love Push Pushes from our era Push of course help keep that shit float, we love Common Great Love, Tiana Sean demographic to that when when good music was in its prime as a label, Sean is the top tier rapper that kept y'all moving irrelevant as far as a label outside of the obvious Kanye West.
Speaker 1: But I just think that's some foul shit to say.
Speaker 2: No it is, and again, but this is Kanye. I think Kanye is just an extremist and a lot. So even if he says something, it's going to be like the extreme, you know what I mean. If he's talking about somebody, it's going to be a little extreme, Like does he feel some type of way towards Big Sean in business? And maybe Big Sean wanted to be off good music and all of that behind the scenes shit that probably was on his mind, like damn, like you know, why wouldn't you want to fuck with me like I fuck with you? So he probably just said something about Sean in that moment where it was just like it was a little extreme.
Speaker 1: But you can't Is he mad that he signed Big Sean? I don't think so, because you can't have everything.
Speaker 3: You said in that interview and then be mad if Sean wants to get off your label.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, No, I'm with you. But again, were talking about Kanye.
Speaker 3: When I first saw the clip, I thought he was actually saying some ill shit. I thought he was saying this was.
Speaker 1: Like this, you mean the worst, Like, oh my god, Like.
Speaker 3: I thought he was saying, like, damn, Sean is such a great artist. I should have never signed him to a deal that would hold him in a battle. Because Kanye at that point too, that was such the major label system of Regulast contracts. Kanye probably even know what he was doing when he was signing Sean like that. He didn't know what he was taking from Sean. So that's what I thought he was getting. I was like, Oh, that's ill. I like that he said that, And then I went back, I was like, oh, wait, you like, are really upset that you like he was a bad person.
Speaker 1: But was he really upset? Because, like I said, I love the fact that Sean put that picture out with him and uh Kanye and boy right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he was like, yo, I just saw you and this was after you did this interview, like and it wasn't this type of energy at all.
Speaker 1: So where's this coming from? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So again, that just speaks to the point of Kanye is going to say things sometimes that's going to be a little exaggerated and things that he shouldn't say. But that's Kanye. That's what he does. He's been doing that forever.
Speaker 3: I think I think we give not enough credit to who Kanye West is as a.
Speaker 1: Person publicly to Dame.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying that in a bad way or a good way, but Dame and Kanye are so good at saying some simple shit in such a fucking compelling way. Like if you go look at the Breakfast Club interview and look at the Ya Norise shit, they're very similar people and how they give their delivery and how they explain things, and how they bring you in to care about a very simple point.
Speaker 2: Like that was one thing I liked about the episode is when he said I'm Jay and I'm Dan. You know what I mean, and you can see it with Dame rubbed off on him. It's it really just boils down to you know, Dame has always been a guy of ultimate confidence and you know, how do we don't need you to do what we want to do with our culture?
Speaker 1: These are things that Dame has been preaching forever. You go back and look at that Breakfast Club interview with Dame now and how it resonates, especially with us hell today, It's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is what he was preaching. You know, owner shit. While we can't own our own shit, we don't need these people. We could do this on our own, do it together, you know what I mean. So it's like you understand that the mind of Dame. I think Dame just says it in a way where it just rubs people the wrong way at times.
Speaker 1: And should he be you know? Is that on Dame? I don't know, not really, It shouldn't be right. It's like you are right.
Speaker 2: It's more so like I'm speaking about business and getting this done and us doing things the right way and us owning our own shit, And why does that offend somebody? Like that shouldn't offend you? That I want to own my own shit, you know what I mean? So insecurity, it's insecurities. So you know, Kanye took a page out of that book, and it was dope for him to give that that love and say, you know, I am Jay and I am Dame. Because I remember when Kanye first started coming around, he was a totally different individual, you know what I mean. I remember it may have been his first or second day at Baseline and he was just bringing beats through and I didn't know who he was. They told me that this was a producer that he was working with and that was gonna be probably producing on Jay's album. And I remember Kanye had on like a motorcycle jacket and some Durrango boots.
Speaker 1: It just wasn't like our fashion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even back then, you could tell he was always on his own shit.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: It was like he gonna dress with he gonna wear he want to wear. That was fly to him, me me, and from New York. It was a weird time in New York where the dudes wearing Durrango boots too, Like some dudes kind of jumped in that lane that was never no, it was dudes uptown wearing Drango boots. And I was kind of like, yo that I don't know, I'm gonna stick to the TEMs and to be from Rockey fam, like I'm not gonna do the Durrangos.
Speaker 1: But I remember that. I remember Kanye being at Baseline and you could just tell he was just different. From day one. He was just different. He was on his own page. He was doing what he wanted to do, and you know, a year later, it was like, you know, this dude is out.
Speaker 3: Of here and this this was for the compilation before the Blueprint NT.
Speaker 1: This was no, this was this was Blueprint This is Blueprint one. Okay, this was Blueprint one.
Speaker 2: I think Jay was still recording Blueprint one when I first met Kanye at Baseline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was Blueprint one.
Speaker 2: Beans was recording some joints because I know Kanye had some joints with Beans around that time. And it was dope for him to say that he's going to give beans Uh some money because he gave him the name Yeezy, you give him some stock in yeasy. So that was I mean, it still remains to be seen the feel actually do it, but the fact that he said it was like, oh shit, okay, that's real.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I do want to see more of the follow up Kanye in that sense, because I loved when he was tweeting about the master Ship and then we don't know what happened with that. Not to say that I have to know it's still doing it exactly, but it remains to be seen. With popular people, they'll say a lot of shit and will praise them for it, and it's like you're actually doing it though. Yeah, but I did like that along with whole mentioning Dame and the speech too. It was nice as a baby Rockefeller fan, like, it was nice to see this this past two weeks of everyone kind of like Biggs is at d YA shit, Jay is talking about Dame at the Hall of Fame shit, and Kanye is getting into the beans.
Speaker 1: So I love that. But I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I haven't asked Biggs, but he's been with Kanye for a few, like maybe two weeks now.
Speaker 1: They've been in Miami running around.
Speaker 2: I don't know if yeah, he's still there, but I just when he told me that kind of raised my eyebrow, like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, what's happening?
Speaker 2: And obviously the Drink championshit happened and all of that, but it's good to see, like you said, that energy of you know, people that started out together kind of sort of trying to like mend some relationships that may have you know, been broken through years of business and you know, just people going their separate ways and growing this separate ways. Like sometimes it just has to happen like that. I can't grow with you. I have to go over here and do this. But we're gonna find out way back to do something together with. It's like, bro, I never forgot you, like you was an intricate part in my growth and my development, Like I'm forever and debted to you.
Speaker 1: So it's good to see that type of energy where it's really no bad blood.
Speaker 2: The Jay and Dame shit was always you know, fucked up to me, Yeah, because I know the love that's really there, you know what I'm saying. So it's good to see that that energy is kind of sort of like bringing this way back.
Speaker 3: But I mean maybe it was purposeful in the sense that to your point of growing separately, I couldn't think of a better time now for four genius minds that have been doing things on their own Yay, Dame, Biggs and Kanye to just not fuck with each other for a while and then come back together in this moment with all the other shit they have going on together. So I do hope that does happen.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's easy to say things and you know, put things out there, but it's still a lot behind the scenes that I know. It is, like, it's a lot of hurdles, you know what I'm saying. It's a lot of ere now more than ever. You know, everybody has an ego, but now more than ever, the egos are like huge. Yeah, so it's like, but if you can get around.
Speaker 3: Only time we've ever seen ya not have an ego to me was this interview in certain parts when Jay was brought up.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, it's the Boss. I can't I can't do verses against him. Yes, the Boss, I mean, but again I like that because too it's it's the truth, you know what I'm saying. It's the truth.
Speaker 2: And it's like it still shows that no matter how big Kanye is and he becomes, he's always going to have that like big brother little brother thing for Jay where it's like, bro, if it wasn't for you, like I don't know, you know, if my career ever takes off the way.
Speaker 3: To the same thing with Dame, Like no matter what Dan's going through, Dame would be good forever because like that, Yeah, that's stripping your ego. So I do think there is some hope this a lot. I think Dame on Ig came back and said, yeah, maybe we could we could talk again, we could figure it out out the way. Yeah, So I think there's a hope.
Speaker 2: So I would love to see it, Man, you gotta put it together. It's really on you.
Speaker 1: It's not on me, but I would love to see it. The only thing I Hope.
Speaker 3: Said to me at the premiere was hey, you lost weight and then punched me in the ribs and I have a broken rib, So I mean, well, you know that's his way broken rib already. Jy didn't break my rib.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, man, I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to put too much into it to the idea of you know, them kind of mending their relationships, because again, it's personal for me, and if it doesn't happen, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Be like, yes, this is whack.
Speaker 2: But I love the fact that people are talking, and I love the fact that Jay. But Jay's honorable, so him shouting out Dame at the Rock and the Hall of Fame, I didn't expect anything less like, yeah, they didn't. Yeah, So it's like, you know, but again, I just know how egos are and how shit could get in the way, So I'm not gonna put too much stock into it.
Speaker 1: I hate that. Well, yeah, congrats to to Noor and e f n Again, I love you, huge numbers.
Speaker 3: I think that was like six mil I think ye where you will go up even more because that was over the weekend, so you know that's weak. People will watch that ship. And I hope Ya talks more. I'll be honest with you. Yeah, I hope with the right people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the right people, those like again Nori.
Speaker 2: That type of platform is real easy, real comfortable for him, and I think that that helps with those type of people that kind of like you know, they they kind of are sheltered and closed in when it comes to, you know, being vulnerable with random people just because they have a show that that doesn't work for Kanye.
Speaker 1: Sitting down with somebody like Nori who is not going to grill you and you know, give you this Barbara waltzs type of vibe that's perfect for Kanye. He can be himself and NOI still asked the right questions. He absolutely did.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that him comparing, you know, asking which rappers he like that which producers. It was dope to see that side of Kanye because you could really go back into him being a fan, like growing up as a fan of a lot of these artists and stuff like that. So that was dope to see that side of Kanye.
Speaker 3: I will say that the last Kanye point what I did love was that Hove did not give Watch the Throne the song Holy Grail, and yeah, that song.
Speaker 1: Is not good.
Speaker 3: Justin Timberay comes in and kills that intro bodies it, and then you get some of the worst Timbland drums I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: In my fucking life. Some of those. Yes, thank God that record. If we don't if that becomes the intro to Watch the Throne, we don't get no Church in the wild. So Jay was selfish on that. Boy absolutely.
Speaker 3: If it's between Justin killed that ship, those Timberland drums are not They're just not good.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the drums on that, but we're good. That's probably because they weren't that good.
Speaker 3: They're just not good at all. Old on somebody talk or just market.
Speaker 4: So you have something against Watch, I mean against Magna Carta.
Speaker 1: I don't any think against Magnaicarta. I like Magna Carta. He didn't have the phone. It was the phone that came the Sam Sum ship. He didn't get, So, yeah, use our phone guy back then.
Speaker 3: No, I just I know, I think Holy Rails cool. It's definitely not my favorite j album.
Speaker 2: I think Ian between Holy Grail and Wash the Throne. Everybody's obviously going.
Speaker 3: Listen, Justin's killing this ship, and for those watching on YouTube, we're actually listening to the record right now, like this build up and then even in the commercial they killed it right before the drums came on, like, oh damn, we blew out the speakers.
Speaker 1: No you didn't. The speakers were not blown. Holy Grau told me you were niggas. These drums about cut up in all these nightly trampers.
Speaker 3: The build up that Justin did on that ship compared to that, thank God that wasn't gonna watch it thrown.
Speaker 2: The drums aren't terrible, but I wouldn't have used those drums on that record.
Speaker 1: They work on another. I know what you mean. That was ants I've ever heard of, because the drum with me because the drugs are Jay is my favorite rapper and I can say similar, great produce.
Speaker 2: But listen, the drums aren't bad just on that record. They didn't fit with that build up, that build up. So but if those drums on another record, maybe that's all I'm saying, Like on that record, no, but they're not terrible. It's not it doesn't sound like I did the beat like, it's not terrible drums. It's just like I didn't wasn't expecting that after that, justin build up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I My only issue with I don't even know of course they's gonna come a jay Z podcast with this album is I think it was the most detached from his fan base Jay has ever been. He was too rich and famous at that point, and it was literally like Doug, I just want a Picasso, like dog, I just want to slice a pizza.
Speaker 1: Like it was.
Speaker 3: The album was too rich. There wasn't one like relatable bar. I gotta go back on the entire album. I got good music. Yeah, I got to go back and listen to it.
Speaker 2: I think now, you know, being a little older, and you know, I think I think listening to albums back then now, I think they hit a little different.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was too uh too much of the greats if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 3: It was just too much of it, like we're getting too much of the A list together like the Lakers right now, we're kind of we're kind of too rich and detached of what's going on right now. That was my only issue. It's still good album, but that was my only problem with Well. Shout out to Norrie, shout out to DJ e f N, shout out to Drink Champs for Vault Massive Pills.
Speaker 2: Uh, and anybody else that had a hand in making that interview happen. Definitely was a classic, definitely elevated the podcasting platform.
Speaker 1: And we answered with hit Boy, I loved our conversation. No, I think it was dope. I think it was really dope. I think it was I'm just laughing at us answering. Yeah, No, that was I promise you that was the answer we answered that answer was nobody heard that answer?
Speaker 3: Well, we we shot that before the Kanye Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know when the Kanye interview actually happened, but beforeege that.
Speaker 1: It was before that.
Speaker 3: Before that, I thought it was a great, great combo, like yeah, even without the Kanye shit going on, I still would have wanted to put that out at the same time.
Speaker 1: No, that had nothing to do with it. For me.
Speaker 2: I just thought that it made sense with obviously what what what did happen with the Kanye ship?
Speaker 1: But to me, it was just about celebrating hit Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of people said they had never really listened to a hit boy interview before and like listen to him like shit down.
Speaker 1: And talk so that they enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: They learned different things about him, different sides of him, different, you know, got a different energy from him.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't even realize he was that question that he was. He's quite dude, Yeah you know what I mean. So I thought it was dope. So yeah, shout out the hit boy and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could tell he was in no way would I say nervous about it, but just he doesn't do press like that.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: Him and I were talking and he was like did I go to And I was like, nah, you didn't. I mean you got yeah for him, I think he just never did that publicly. And kind of felt, I mean, you got your truth off. No matter what you say, it's not gonna along to you anyways.
Speaker 1: It's going to be interpreted by whoever the fuck.
Speaker 3: So if you start worrying about how you're going to come across, you're gonna lose your fucking mind. So just to just be happy you got you got your shit off, and I thought you did it in a graceful way.
Speaker 2: And I think I think that was important for people to hear that too, because you know, again, somebody as as you know, big as Kanye, you know, possibly stepping in the way of your career and saying you don't.
Speaker 1: Work with them.
Speaker 2: It's crazy for him to be able to pivot around that and still have the success that he's had. That's a very inspiring thing for people. I think people need to hear that they're going to be obstacles. They're going to be people that's gonna, you know, try to get in your way, and people that you look up to, because that's another side of the game that people don't tell. You know, you're a fan of of somebody and you know, you look at them from a fart and one day you're in the room working with them or working for them, and they come to find out, you know, they don't They kind of hinder you a little bit. They're like, nah, don't do nothing with it, or don't work with this person and don't do that. It's a it's a tough pill to swallow. It's like, damn, Like this is somebody I look up to to, somebody who I had posters on my wall, and now they're telling people not to work with me, Like, yeah, so that was something I think that people needed to hear and understand that, Yeah, that may happen, but that doesn't mean that your goals can't be reached and that your dreams can't be a reality.
Speaker 3: If Kanye West is telling people not to work with you and you got two full albums with NAS, you were a different dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was inspiring. So I thought that was dope for hip BOYD to sit down with us and put that out there. Yeah, I liked it. I liked it. Sports related Scottie Pippen, I agree with him. Yeah, so Scottie Pippen has been on one man. I don't know, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know jealousy is a real thing, and I know envy is a is a real thing, but it's getting a little weird with Scottie Pippen.
Speaker 1: You think this comment was jealous and envious? Absolutely, I know.
Speaker 2: I think I think Scottie Pippen has because I think Scotty Pippen realizes he was a great player. But it's just hard when you we're playing with the greatest player, so you're not going to get everything that you probably feel like you should have got. You're not going to get all of the accolades and all of the acknowledgment that you feel like you should have received because you're playing with the greatest ever. So it's like, I understand it where it may be some feelings there where it's like, damn, like because I saw something else where. He was saying that he didn't receive any payment from the Last Dance documentary and that Michael Jordan made ten million. Scotty Pippen, if you think that Michael Jordan cares about ten million dollars that he received from that documentary.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean Scotty doesn't care about it. But that's so the levels.
Speaker 2: So while Mike probably donated all of that money to some charity somewhere, like, it's not the documentary was about Michael.
Speaker 1: You care about the kids. Michael doesn't care about the kids, But that documentary was about Michael Jordan. Of course that wasn't about Scotty Pippen. About Scotty because he was he was a part of the legacy, and that's Scotty's fucking point. Yeah, but this is not your documentary, So why would you receive compensation for this?
Speaker 2: Like that was just weird. But again, that speaks to other feelings that may be there for Mike. This is what I'm saying, like there's some other feelings that I think he harbors towards.
Speaker 1: And Scotty was in it, right, yeah, yeah, you can't tell a Michael Jordan's story because I don't even want it to come across I was interviewed in it, right yeah, yeah, absolutely so, But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't want it to come across like Scotty doesn't deserve something, because that's you know, Scotty Pippen is one of the greatest at his position ever. He changed the small forward position. I would never try to take anything away from Scotty. But Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Is the guy and he's not saying otherwise. He's not saying it, but I think he's alluding to it. Like play the clip because I'm curious how you.
Speaker 6: Was your relationship like off the court. It wasn't what you saw on the court. We always will have that respect for each other, but our friendship is not where people see it on TV think it is. Do you think that Michael would be as successful without you? No, But I don't think I would be successful without him. I think we both complimented each other in a lot of different ways, and we kind of competed and pushed each.
Speaker 1: Other to be where's the jealousy and envying that. Scotty's right, No, he's right, but him. You know, this is just one interview.
Speaker 2: There's been a few over the years where it's like you can kind of feel like Scotty feels like he always was in Mike's shadow.
Speaker 1: Well, he was right.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying is he may have some feelings about that. He may feel a way about that, like which is you understand it, because again, especially when your athlete, it's competitive, it's ego, it's it's all of those things. But it's like, you know, when you get to a point where as an older man, you start like, I think he said something and this is when I knew it was weird, And he says something about he felt like Lebron would kill Mike something.
Speaker 1: He made some statement like that where they asked him Lebron or Jordan and he was like, Lebron, okay and cool.
Speaker 2: Lebron is a great Nobody's gonna argue Lebron's one of the greatest players ever. But this is a guy that you won six rings with. This is a guy who they say is arguably the greatest to ever play. I just didn't understand why he would say Lebron in that sage like you won with Mike. It wasn't like you're not.
Speaker 3: A think he's the person that could accurately give that answer more than anybody because he played, He was number two to Mike play with him. And now he's watching Leron and says, hey, I know how Mike operate. I think Bron would win. I'm not saying that, but he would be one. You think it came from a place of just not fucking with Mike absolutely, which is fine too, but he.
Speaker 2: Suld it's not fine if it comes from a place because you feel like you was always in his shadow. Like that's a great shadow to be in, if you're gonna be in anybody's shadow, being in Michael Jordan's shadow, and Scotty held his own because when Mike retired and Scotty had to hold at one point.
Speaker 1: He was probably the He probably should have been MVP that year, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, so it's like you understand, you know, Scotty wasn't just a chump like he was a he's a great player, but Michael Jordan is Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: That's so he's allowed to feel like, yo, I need my credit now, Like, but what kind of my entire career as kind of being the stereotypical pun or joke to a sidekick like Batman Robin shit, Like it's Michael and Scotty when I was a top tier fucking player and y'all need to put some respect on my name for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's just accountability thing. You saw the Last Dance documentary, Mike advised Scotty not to sign that contract that he signed, so we can we can kind of sort of see where Scotty's not the sharpest knife in the draw.
Speaker 1: Well, like, that's all I'm saying here. We can kind of like you lost your future with a great It's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of shit around Scotty where it's like, all right, man, we love you. You was one of the greats at your position of all time, one of the greatest more forwards to ever play the game, no doubt about it. But you got some questionable shit around you. It's all I'm saying with Scotty, and I think now it's like, you know, even now he's only in the headlines because he's talking about Mike, So it's like, you know what I mean, It's like, I understand.
Speaker 1: You're going to ask him regardless, and I.
Speaker 2: Think that's what he I think that's what he has a tough time dealing with, is that people are gonna only talk to him and it's gonna be like Michael Jordan, you know.
Speaker 1: But it's like, what's wrong with that? He was a major part of that. He's got to understand. Yeah, he was a major part of that.
Speaker 2: He was a major part of it. But I think that he just feels like he doesn't get acknowledged on his own as much as he would like to. And you know, I mean again, he should.
Speaker 3: Handle it like Big Boy, because I've always said Big Boy as a top tier lyricist.
Speaker 1: He just happened to be in a group with a.
Speaker 2: Unicorns exactly, same shit, same but big boys not running around talking about Uh. I think that the baby is better than Auldred three thousand. It's like the baby is doing great right now, killing them numbers charts everywhere, like he's doing amazing, but slow down, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's all I'm saying. A big boy does say that, it's like it's like, yo, come on, slow down fan, Like we understand, but it's like you really that upset with Mike? What Mike? What Mike didn't?
Speaker 3: First of all, the baby is not the Lebron James of rapping. I just want to make that clear.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying no, I'm not saying he is.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's kind of like the newer you know generation, who's the top dog in the newer generation?
Speaker 1: Like you know, I guess I see both sides.
Speaker 3: I just think Scotty should get a shit off like he was a phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Fucking plagerie and major sometimes. But let's go back. Let's go back to the Breakfast Club interview with Damon. He said, Hey, stop asking me about that man. Yeah, I agree, same thing. Stop asking me about that guy. Scotty Pipping is Dame. I get it.
Speaker 2: You see how I look. I'm just saying like it's I understand, major part of the history, but it's like you was, it's always going to be about the whole documentary. Leave me the fuck alone. Go watch the Doctor. But then now you're mad that he got paid on his documentary. You see what I'm saying, Like, it's just like.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, you're just mad about everything. When you do your doc, I'm charging you.
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta pay Mike. You know you gotta pay Mike to pull up to do Scotty's doc. You got to get me there, Jet. You know all of that.
Speaker 1: Mike is not doing Scotty's dot. I think he would. I think he would. Mike is not a hater. He doesn't strike me as a hater. Mike strikes me as a hater. Name one, name one.
Speaker 2: Instance with Mike hated besides the Dream Team with Isaiah Thomas, and I only think Mike said he ain't have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: I believe him.
Speaker 3: His entire competitive career, he was hating. He's hated everybody. That's why he's such a good competitor. He fucking hates everyone. That's a different hate, but it's still hate. Yeah, but that's a different hate.
Speaker 1: But he's gonna hate on you. You're right, that's a different hate though, Like Kobe had that hate too. As far as you're just such a you need it, you know, I agree. I'm just saying he hates. Yeah, I hate. I hate all of you.
Speaker 3: But that mentality bleeds into your personal life too.
Speaker 1: He's gonna hate. I just think that Scotty has some questions. He's in that taking security guards money. He's a hater. That's competitiveness.
Speaker 2: That's being a competitor, even if it's called it's give me that I'm taking all that change in your pocket. Don't don't step out here with me. That's all I'm saying. Scotty, I think is more personal. I think it's like it's resentment there. I think it's.
Speaker 1: Getting weird now. And you know, like I said it based off his his track record.
Speaker 2: Mike tried to help him. Don't sign that contract, bro, and he went ahead and sign it.
Speaker 1: That's on you. You can't be mad at Mike because he made.
Speaker 2: All that money and you signed that bullshit deal. He told you not to do it. So listen, man, I love Scotty, but Scotty got to relax.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it well. He didn't talk it off his whole career, so get your shit off. Yeah, and personal issues at home he may want to address, you.
Speaker 1: Know about Scotty's personal life.
Speaker 3: At home, I listened to Futures music. We should probably we should probably edit that. This was fun?
Speaker 1: What about great? Your favorite group? So Sonic is back. I love what they're doing.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that they're slow walking this entire project and giving us one single every quarter.
Speaker 1: You love that.
Speaker 2: I'm not mad because everybody's putting our music and you listen to an album for two weeks and you forget about it, and they're letting you know, nah, we're gonna we're gonna slow walk this thing. We're gonna give you this album when we want to give it to you. Take these singles, let them live with these singles for three four months at a time, and we'll hit you with a new one.
Speaker 3: I typically hate really polished pop music. It kind of like makes my ears bleed a lot. I like imperfections a lot. This is perfect pop music. It's a great I can't understand why I love it so much. I should I should hate this, though, But talking about my taste, I when shit is so fucking polished, it bothers me. I don't know how they figured out how to have absolutely no soul at all in it and have every bit of soul you could find like I can't fathom it in my head. It feels warm and it's the coldest record I've ever heard. I mean, well, these are like real musicians one hundred percent, you know what I mean. These are real musicians, real artists, and they are their relationship. They have a personal relationship with each other. They've known each other for years.
Speaker 1: So I think you getting all of that, You're getting a lot of like fun, a lot of like you know.
Speaker 2: Jokes type of vibe, parody type of vibe. But then you get in real music, and I think they just mixing all of that in. I think this is just them letting us in on their jam sessions. Honestly, I think this is what this is.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if it's Anderson that does it because we've talked about it with CLB and other albums of kind of like doing the parody of yourself and parody of music, and Bruno Marris with some degree has made parody music that was really good, Like it feels like you're really just trying to recreate something exactly in a parody way and it sounds perfect. So I don't know if it's Anderson Pact that's pulling it there, or it's both of them, or Bruno's just so good at doing this parody style.
Speaker 1: I can't figure it out. I just love it. It just confuses me that I love it. It's it's it's because I'm a hater. You're not a hater. I'm not. I think that again.
Speaker 2: I just like the fact that they're showing you that it's possible to like you don't have to give into the new protocol of what putting a single out in the album looks like and feels like like they're not rushing this.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: They're like, this is real music that we're not going to just give you in a microwave fashion where you just live with it for a weekend and then you're on to the next thing right after. Like they're giving us these singles this like I said that the first single came out probably top of.
Speaker 1: The year, yeah, if I'm not mistaking.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's like they're gonna they're letting us live with this music, like you want this song, keep playing this song. We're not giving you the whole the whole album yet, but just based off off of these singles, the album is gonna be incredible doubt that tour is going to be amazing. The visuals are amazing. They have a lot of fun. Yeah, like you already saw.
Speaker 1: What this is.
Speaker 2: This is, this is this is old school uh marketing, This is old school rollout, like this is not no new ship.
Speaker 3: And I do like that there are It does make me feel like they're actually putting time into the album rather than like let's catch this quick lick of two big artists or two big producers or something like that, let's just put some shit out real quick. So yeah, I do like the strategy on that the Terrorist Martin album. I don't know if you listen to I mean, James fonsrro is all over it, so you already know I'm on board. But that Terrorist Martin album, I know everyone's on Summer this week. I know the Silk Sonic shit. I know Dele put out music. That Terrorist Martin album. People gotta go pay attention to, like he went in. There's Cord's on it, Aaron Ray's.
Speaker 1: On it, y G's on it. It's a lot of people. Fonsorri is all over it. Finally, I feel like I go to check it out. Leon Bridges D Smoke it's it's a really, really, really good album. And shit, Actually.
Speaker 3: That day we were talking about with the not Shit and hit Boys, shit was the same day I was with Arras in that same studio. He was playing and stuff, and at that point I was like, I mean, is this shit ever gonna come out? Because he works on so many other people's ship that I don't think he's given himself that proper time, and he did on this one to like just focus on let me do my album and the.
Speaker 1: Ship is great, all right, I gotta check it out.
Speaker 3: There is a scissor record that didn't make it a scissor in James fond word record.
Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 3: I don't know the politics behind it. Because Punch was in the studio that day too. That needs to come out. Teres Martin produced a scissor in James font to word record.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. I don't know if that's going to end up on her album, and that's why it wasn't on his. But it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I was listening to the Ransom and Rome Streets Coop the Grace. Am I saying it right? I say de Grassi every time I look at it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if.
Speaker 2: It's cool, the grace of Basic Cable. I didn't watch it, but they know the Ransom and Rome Streets joined. I'm feeling his joint. I was listening to it this weekend.
Speaker 1: Really good. Yeah, yeah, has been doing the thing. Yeah. I like that. I like the pot he's in. I like the zone he's in. I like the creative.
Speaker 2: Space that he's in, like consistency to Yeah, he found his stride and he's he's sticking with it and he's staying He's staying with it.
Speaker 1: I like that. I was listening to the uh, the Dom Kennedy project too. Yeah, this is good.
Speaker 3: I would love to see like Ran Banks, Griselda Rock like to like yeah, do a full proper tour and a bigger venue with all.
Speaker 1: Of them like that.
Speaker 3: That style that's still staying alive and has a really big core fan base. I don't understand why they don't all just get together to do a bigger tour.
Speaker 1: I don't know if will promoters take that. Of course you think so.
Speaker 3: I mean the way ship, the way State Property locks and dips that is doing it now. I can't see why they couldn't do that too. I don't know if the egos of who would perform last would get in the way. But and the could be a real a real way like who gets who cares?
Speaker 1: Like that ship is just so stupid than me. But to put all our names this way on the flyer, they don't have to go to the list horizontal.
Speaker 2: Same font like, so nobody feels no type of way like because egos are so fragile with rappers, which is crazy to me, because yeah.
Speaker 3: That whole family, you would get a way bigger venue than all of them just going out by themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all came together, that would be dope.
Speaker 2: And then you get to see you know, a lot of your favorite And then I like that because a lot of these guys have records with each other, So now they get to perform these records together because they're all at the venue.
Speaker 1: They're all at the show together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I hate when I got a rapper that I love and you got a dope record and or a few records and it's a bunch of features and then they got to perform just their verse and it's like, yeah, the record don't hit the same Like I like homies verse too, you know what I'm saying. So now if y'all on tour exactly all come out on each other's set due to records, Like it just makes for a better experience, you wi.
Speaker 1: Kind of be interesting, and.
Speaker 3: Especially with them, instead of doing like a list of all right, you go first, you go second, you go third, you go headline, Like why can't it'd be two Banks records and then two Rand records stage. Then Benny comes out and does two records, Like why can't y'all just keep rotating? Like that would be an ill live playlist to me if you could go through the whole thing and you never really know what.
Speaker 1: Song is next. Yeah, and it's not a full set, like.
Speaker 3: All y'all get together and I hate the word curate, but curate that playlist and it just comes in and out and then you come in on your verse on this ship and go back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, could be like a really ill idea.
Speaker 2: Y'all all be on the stage anyway when the person's performing, So yeah, kind of like Summer Jam that year when Wayne brought Nikki and Drake out and it's kind of like we're just gonna play joints, Like, yeah, do it like that?
Speaker 3: I think that would be a really ill show. Idea that would be dope, and to not do the same old structure.
Speaker 1: Here's my ten song.
Speaker 2: Change change the structure. Have three DJs up there, your DJ, my DJ, d DJ.
Speaker 1: And not even on some versus shit, just literally just just playing, playing joints, playing joints, going through like I like that. I think rapper shit. Start thinking like that.
Speaker 3: And like, let me go to my deeper cuts the three let's do our deeper cuts right here, and then we go to our bigger record. That yeah, like that could be ill, especially with Ran Banks Griselda title that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah for sure, So listen if y'all do that. Just I mean, I just asked for at least one one ticket, maybe a plus.
Speaker 3: Give a plus one man and I could go. But is there anything else we do have to hit? I mean, we will be back in a few days.
Speaker 1: I think that's enough for today.
Speaker 2: We're coming right back. So whatever we didn't hit, yeah, we'll hit it on the turnaround.
Speaker 3: Demeris anything good good? I see the vibes you try to give him to that. I see you got the belt out.
Speaker 1: Even with you all day.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say where she went this weekend, but again, I've known the Marius for a long time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna charge of I'm not betting you no attention.
Speaker 3: All right, man, Uh, I'm always bad at any these things.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, This was great. Yeah, have fun, be safe for the next three days. We'll be right back. Yeah that's all it is. And yeah, we'll talk to y'all soon. Basically says by peace, slipping my feet no Willian Mound