Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Paul's Fringing and Tom Keane Here, I'm looking at the Stock Movers right now. Stock's on the move with us, Lisa Matteo. Lisa, what do you have for your podcast?
Speaker 3: All right, We're going to kick it off with FedEx. That's ticker FDx. Its share has been down as much as six percent before the Bell War. Than that, it's profit will be worse and expected this quarter. What really stood out is that FedEx typically provides a full year forecast, but it did not offer guidance for the rest of the year. They pointed to what they called uncertain global demand for the environment, a sign really the impact of the trade war on the company. Instead, it expects one hundred and seventy million dollar hit this quarter from a change in power rules. What happened is to cut demand from packages ship to the US from China, and that was a big part of it.
Speaker 4: Paul, I think this is so important.
Speaker 2: Fred Smith, with the passing of mister Smith's who invented this, no other way to put it, it's just about competition. They were alone for decades.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's obviously, as you mentioned, on a very competitive business.
Speaker 1: But it's such a high fixed.
Speaker 4: Cost business that when demand just ebbs just a little bit, what do you do. You've got the planes, you got the trucks. I mean, it's just it's kind of like that load factor how many packages you can get in there. So that's a that's a tough bsiness right there when when times are slowly Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Then you have the competition from Amazon to you on top of it. They ended the contract with the post Office just about FedEx trucks.
Speaker 2: Stump.
Speaker 4: There's way more Amazon trucks I think than like FedEx or even it's just Amazon trucks are everywhere.
Speaker 3: Next, Yeah, transportation, wage expenses, all of that. Okay, I want to go to BlackBerry ticker b B. There shares up eleven percent before the open. They're talking about not talking about the phone with the key bad and you know that we used to do with our little thoughts.
Speaker 1: Then do that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, this is rather the work is a security software company. So they boosted its revenue forecast for the full year swung to a profit the first quarter, better than expected revenue. If you want the specifics, they now expect revenue five hundred and eight million to five thirty eight million. That's for fiscal twenty twenty six, and that's up from its prior guidance. Higher sales guidance also comes. The company swung to a profit of one point nine million in its fiscal first quarter.
Speaker 4: So it's a tiny company, yeah relative, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: The eighteen hundred employees that.
Speaker 4: They survived as a company, that's pretty amazing. Actually they were able to get it away from now there what they were, you know, a phone.
Speaker 2: You and I have moved down to technology. You still have a BlackBerry in the.
Speaker 3: Tour somewhere, don't it somewhere somewhere. But it's interesting you say that because you think of like a motorola, right, the same thing when you had the flip phone. But now they're big on like security stuff too, Like you.
Speaker 2: Never enjoyed wearing a pager and your bill.
Speaker 3: I did have the page, Yes, that was the college pager in the quarter. So you can go to the payphone and put the money in and call somebody.
Speaker 2: I know, nobody listen what the payphone is?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I gotta go here, Tom. Sorry. Cryptocurrency exchange coin based global tickers cooi N. Their shares are up nearly five percent, but he closed about twelve percent yesterday, the best stock in the S and P five hundred in the session. So a few things. You had the Senate passing that bill to regulate stable coins in that Genius Act, and then you have analysts at Benchmark Capital. They raised their price target on the stock. They said, stable coins are this major segment of the company's business. We look at Bigcoin, they're up about one percent, just above one hundred and seven thousand, So I have to also point that out too.
Speaker 2: Can I say thank you Gary Gunsler? Yesterday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 2: It was really informative. And I think of Ken Rogoff's book, my book of the Summer in the Bank of International Settlements Report, which everybody in the industry is talking about. The last three days they were scathing. Yeah, they did that, RAFA. They didn't spinning. You know, I just asked Katie.
Speaker 3: Question, what's all meaning exactly? Well, speaking of head spinning, this next one, I think I'm going in over my head on this one, but we're going to go there quantum scape that is ticker qs. The reason why I pointed out is because their shares are up like thirty seven percent. So it's an EVY battery maker. It announces breakthrough. It's a process for making solid state batteries. So they're saying this is a breakthrough, this is big. They're integrating this advanced Cobra separator process into baseline cell production. Oh you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm telling you the Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.