Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Leadership effectiveness there goes as saying that great leaders are born, not made. I'm sure we've all encountered a child, whether it was a niece, nephew. You know your daughter, your son a student that we felt like, oh, that was a born leader, Like he has the skills at such a young child to be a leader. And you know, in my opinion, to some extent, I think the capacity for great leadership is in me. However, we can all benefit from learning how to become a more effective leader. And although some people seem to just be gifted with these skills, leadership kits can be learned and they can be sharpened with time and practice. So I think it's really important to go over and cover just what are just some general traits of a powerful and successful leader in business. So I'll start with communication. Communicating effectively is key. You must be able as a leader to clearly and concisely explain business goals, tasks and objectives to your employees. If you find that in conversation you're not getting the message you're trying to relay across, or the individual that you're speaking to is not retaining the information, you need to sharpen your communications skills. So you should be comfortable speaking with one on one or you may be in front of a large audience or communicating to an entire staff. But ultimately, whatever you're trying to relay whatever information you want to get across, it needs to be retained and understood and it needs to be clear, so you know that that's an important factor in leadership. And also you want to be approachable. Communication is all about the steady flow of verbal exchanges of ideas and information, So as a leader, you must be approachable so that individuals will come to you and you can have that constant flow of conversation, motivate and inspire. This is a big one. So successful leadership is built on people. The best leaders they do drive their people with passion, enthusiasm, inspiration and motivation. You have to invest the time and the people so you are able to learn what are their strengths, what are their needs, what are their priorities? Right, because if you don't stay and the rest of this information, how are you able to make them feel valued and reinforce how their efforts are making a difference. And you also need to be sure as a leader you're encouraging their development because again their potential, meaningful goals and challenges need to be important to you as a leader, and you should also be setting clear goals and determine who's being able to achieve them.
Speaker 4: And address them accordingly.
Speaker 3: Also, as a leader for yourself, you want to take a step back and make sure that you're setting goals for yourself because once you radiate that enthusiasm, you're truly excited about what you're doing, and people will naturally be drawn to you. They will naturally see that while this individual's motivate, this one is setting their own goals.
Speaker 4: So now we.
Speaker 3: All know when we're working for someone that doesn't truly motivate and inspire us, we're not going to put our best effort forward. So that's a key. When you want to lead a team, you got to motivate them demonstrate integrity. So this is a piece that I work with you in employee relations is really driving integrity.
Speaker 4: So this is like a big one for me.
Speaker 3: You have to make sure you are displaying integrity as a leader through your daily actions, decision making behaviors, and you want to hold yourself accountable and take responsibility for your mistakes, and that's critical. Do not compromise your leadership for the sake of not being able to acknowledge you've made a mistake or maybe that wasn't the best decision right. In my opinion, this is the most important because you want to be respected. You want to be respected for being genuine, principal, ethical, and consistent right. It's otherwise you will face terrible repercussions. You could take action that can impact your business negatively, just because you tried to cut corners, just because you wanted the easy way out, or just because you weren't acting with displaying full integrity. You got to lead by example, and you know ultimately you want to set the right example, so you need to be demonstrated.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdiic erners, what's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward, training.
Speaker 3: Those behaviors that you want others to follow, you want your team to follow, and when you display integrity through daily options, your employees will respect you and they will be confident.
Speaker 4: In your leadership.
Speaker 3: Because I've encountered leaders that I kind of questioned their ethics, and I'm not gonna want to again put my.
Speaker 4: Best foot forward.
Speaker 3: So you have to ultimately understand you are leading by example and you want to be proud and ethical in all of your behaviors into the decision making, So managing complexity. As a leader, you're going to solve problems and you're going to need to make decisions under rapidly shifting circumstances. Learning to lead in a complex environment it is a vital skill. When facing a tough decision, you have to really start by determining what do I want to achieve? Way all the factors, consider all the consequences, and you know what are the available alternatives. So as a leader, you have to be confident in whatever decision you're.
Speaker 4: Going to make and you know you need to make it. You have to make these tough calls.
Speaker 3: It may be you know, literally you don't have a lot of time to make a difficult call.
Speaker 4: So as a leader, you just have to always be on top of it.
Speaker 3: And you know there may not be any definitive information available. However, you have to be able to assess the situation's complexity and determine what's the best course of action. You may not have a ton of resources or you may not have everything, but again you have to work with the information you have. So managing complexity and problem solving is really key when it comes to leadership.
Speaker 4: Now learning agility, so.
Speaker 3: Great leaders know what the strength of their leadership is built on the ability to adapt to all the changing circumstances, right, so you have to know how and when to seize one opportunities. We are all constantly learning and growing. Once you've reached the platform in your career, that can't be the hard stop on. When you're continuing to gather information, you have to expand on your knowledge and that's a reason why you all are here a part of eyl University because we are expanding on your knowledge. You never stop learning, no matter how far you've grown in your career, no matter how many accolades you've received, no matter how many degrees you have, there is always a teachable moment and you have to understand that you do.
Speaker 4: We don't know everything. There's always something to learn.
Speaker 3: You have to make a learning opportunity out of every single situation. So it's important that as a leader to understand that and just be agile non positional leadership. When we think about leadership, we often consider like a title or position. So we think about our managers, We think about our CEOs, we think about our vice presidents, our strategic directors.
Speaker 4: Are you know, senior aids.
Speaker 3: We think about just leadership role. We think about the power that is associated with these leadership roles.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: However, in non positional leadership, you can cultivate cultivate influence among a group, so you really don't need authority from others to be considered a leader. Most people often grow to a leader because they've demonstrated those behaviors and exhibited those signs early on in their careers. So if you have high aspirations, it's recommended that you do take every opportunity to step outside of the role and I prove that you're capable of much more. And I see this nonpositional leadership role coming out. It's when you have like a breakout employee, when you're leading from the middle, when you're taking initiative, when you're going that extra step and holding on some of the leadership skills that will improve on the workplace dynamic, will increase the efficiency of your entire team, and just will raise the bar for the quality of work. So you don't have to have the title or that authority to feel like you can go out of there and make an impact.
Speaker 4: It could because you will be recognized right