Speaker 1: It's here, man, it's here. I gotta get a nap.
Speaker 2: A throat cold? What?
Speaker 1: No, No, there was no throat hold. Was there something in my throat?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, man, coaches Convention. It's here, man, I gotta get a nap before tonight it starts. These guys have already been going crazy.
Speaker 2: Well that's why. What was our theme the last podcast? I kind of forget it no more. Outside noise baser hits me with, Hey, we're doing brunch at eleven am. Are you packing all your stuff tonight?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Eleven am the convention starts. So look at the schedule. It's not till tonight that the convention starts.
Speaker 1: According to my schedule, it starts tonight. But they were out last night though, And I saw Twin and Lorie. They were out on Wednesday night. He was wearing his nasty garbage bags covered in cowboy logos out to the bars. They were drinking Wednesday night. Then boom, a bunch of them got into town last night. They did the party bus last night.
Speaker 2: Are you sure it was confirmed? Wednesday? People were showing up.
Speaker 1: Confirmed Wednesday people were showing up. That means people are ready for the convention.
Speaker 2: That tells me everything I need to know. Next year, we do it a week. Oh my gosh, could you imagine trying to do a week, dude. We would be hooked up to ivs about midweek, getting our stomachs pumped. Dude, you would be on your deathbed. You would have two hangy banging issues. You definitely have contracted the flu. You'd run out of sealis. Dude. It would be a major situation.
Speaker 1: Be awful.
Speaker 2: Baser would be coming in with close replenishments, hydration stuff. My sister would have a flight, canceled, a flight rebooked, get stuck in Detroit because that's what happened. Oh no, she's not even making the convention, no kidding, Oh, Baser, why you gotta do that? I could set you up easily and you put it on a tee for me. So Bazer gets on the internet. Maria Muffy flies to Detroit. Good, but Minnesota there's no planes going out. They're getting feet of snow. So Muffy was not gonna have a flight. She had to go do stand by. Oh so this is real, this just happened. Okay, go ahead. Muffy was supposed to be here at five. I went to bed I don't know where when she came in, but she's stuck in Detroit. They find her a flight, so she just goes and stands at a gate and on standby. And so I said, dumbly to Beazer, I go, so some people just don't go to their flights, Like, so she'll never get a flight if it says the flight's booked because the other one canceled, correct, she would have never made it, or it would have been two days late or something. So I go, Bazers, you're telling me people just at their house, go, I don't want to go to my flight. And Baser said, think about what you're saying. There's other flights they get canceled, so people can't make that flight.
Speaker 1: Oh do you know what happened to me one time?
Speaker 2: I was like, so, the only way Muffy gets here is if two people are too lazy on their couch that they don't want to go catch their flight.
Speaker 1: Or they're sitting at a bar in the airport and they've had one too many and they don't realize what time it is. Because when you hear them say, Jeremy Jeremiah Sunden, please report to gate A twenty six. This is your last call, Jeremiah sunden Gate A twenty six. We are closing the doors for departure. That means that individual checked in to their flight.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So they have to be in the airport somewhere.
Speaker 2: So that's also another way it goes down. Correct, But Muffy is standing. I don't call her Muffy to her face, and I guess I don't even say that anymore. We may need to change her nickname.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the fact that you called her muff in the first place was a little weird.
Speaker 2: So hard to say that nickname. Muffy is waiting stand by and they go, yeah, there was a person that didn't show up or their flight got canceled in some other state. So she jumped on a flight that wasn't hers for free. They allow you to do that, and got in late last night.
Speaker 1: So she flew straight from Detroit to hear Yeah. Wow, so she didn't even have to do the connector.
Speaker 2: That was the connector she's from. She flew from Gwynn to Detroit to Detroita. She was going to go to Minnesota. Well here, no Minnesota. Her flight that the plane that she gets that she's supposed to go on. You know, flies around the country before it comes to Detroit. So Baser looked it up and said, hey, that flight is stuck in Minnesota. It's not right.
Speaker 1: That was coming from Minnesota to Detroit was stuck.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, Sorry a little confusing. So Beazer was one step ahead. So she goes, right when you get there, go to a ticket counter and just say, hey, I need to get put on stand by. And Bazier told her the gate number to go stand at the ticket counter for Wow. So she did, and there was two and then it ended up being one and she got on Wow. Saw her stuff this morning?
Speaker 1: Did you go in and give her a kiss?
Speaker 2: Now the cat was probably already doing that nose kisses.
Speaker 1: The weird thing is, I've only flown stand by one time.
Speaker 2: I've never done it. Well, how do you tell me people are just too lazy on their couch having sex that they don't want to catch their flights. That's the only way you're gonna get on that flight? Gotty much?
Speaker 1: I was at the so it was my datchelor party. I was going to Vegas with Ryan Garrett, Greg FoST Day. Batter's Box, Batter's Box.
Speaker 2: What if everybody that's the batter's box.
Speaker 1: We were going to have a bender in Vegas. And my flight out was at four thirty PM, and I look at the weather and there is monsoons heading for Nashville, and I'm like, oh my gosh, my flight's gonna get canceled. They're talking about, oh, you know, the airport may shut down. There's gonna be high winds, and I'm like, I'm not gonna make it.
Speaker 2: We have never seen a storm like this before Nashville.
Speaker 1: I said, oh crap, I bet there's a flight at two o'clock. I'm gonna have to go to the airport so early. You pulled a baser air thought and I'm gonna I'm gonna try to get on. And my fiance at the time, now my wife, was like, don't do that. Just wait for your flight. You're gonna be fine. And I said, but the other flight says sold out. She goes, well, yeah, that's probably not a good sign. I said, I'm going anyway. I'm going to the airport. So I got to the airport three hours early or whatever time it was. It was eleven o'clock flights at two. I left straight from work and I go up to the ticket counter and I'm like, hey, there's like an hour and a half before the flight. I said, hey, man, like, is there can I get on this flight? I'm sorry, man, it's completely booked. Let me go ahead and put your name down. Come back and see me. With twenty minutes left before the flight.
Speaker 2: The guy's like, yeah, what are you in the amazing race? Get on the flight you were booked with?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I sit there and sit there and sit there, and I look at my phone and I look at my phone, and exactly twenty minutes till the flight, not nineteen, not twenty one. I walked back up to the counter and the lady's like, well, there's this one. There's only one person not here, but it says they were on another flight and they landed here in Nashville, so they're they're probably here somewhere. She called her name over the PA. You know what, let me just put you on the flight that was in protocol. And took that lady off the flight because she wasn't there twenty minutes prior to boarding.
Speaker 2: I'm tired of waiting for her. What's your name? Gibbles exactly?
Speaker 1: And I swear as I was getting on the runway, the jetway, whatever you call it. I hear that lady come up to the counter. Did you guys call my name?
Speaker 2: And she's like, you're hurry skin, and I'm I'm like, hurry, hurry, hurry, take my ticket, take my ticket.
Speaker 1: And I hear the lady say, I was just sitting at gate twelve. I guess because twenty four, because you know at the end where there's like four gates all together.
Speaker 2: Probably not anymore. These airports have gotten one hundred renovations.
Speaker 1: Like I was just sitting right there. I guess I was at the wrong gate, and I'm sorry, man, no, no, I was here, and I was like, I went on and guess what. My flight got canceled. My later flight got canceled. So if that was the only flight, So like Muff, I would have missed my bachelor party if it wasn't for the angel sitting at that counter getting me there.
Speaker 2: And also, if you're a college kid and you see somebody desperate to get on the flight, you could always just say hey, man, i'll miss so would you miss the flight? You get penalized and say hey, I'll take two hundred dollars if you want to get on this flight if you want to end on two hundred, right, But then what if is there a penalty to you for doing because why wouldn't you just do it outside of the airline. You do your own deals. Like I was thinking, if you're loaded, I guess you'd be on a private flight. But if you're semi loaded, you could just go up to a random person at a gate. Hey, I'll give you three hundred dollars. I had to get home for Christmas. Oh, that's like home alone. And then they see all the people that the people that are mean, okay, we'll give you one gold watch. These these are really beautiful ear rings in it. And then the guy comes over, he's like, no, honey, we gotta get on this flate. You remember that she's trying to get the tickets. You love these ear rings? Oh yes, yes, yes, Uh.
Speaker 1: That's like the first convention we had in Vegas. There was a couple I want.
Speaker 2: To say two guys.
Speaker 1: No, it was a girl and a dude. I think they were engaged in their friend and they were from South Dakota, North Dakota, somewhere I don't know. But their flight got canceled leaving and they got stuck in Vegas an extra two days because there was so much snow wherever they were going. Geezu, and I will never forget. They were like, all right, we'll leaving. We're going to the airport, and like three hours later they showed back up and we're like, what do you guys do? Our flight was canceled. They can't get us out for two days. All the flights are booked, and I was like, oh, and we've never heard from him since. I don't know if they even still listen to the pod.
Speaker 2: But also, it's Snowy's places, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota's. If you're in the middle of the country in South you're pretty much fine all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right, except for I was almost not okay right here in Nashville, and it felt so good to get to that dachelor party and I got on that plane and I was just like, I mean, when that lady got up and I saw her, I was like, man, sorry, lady, I don't care about you.
Speaker 3: Bleep.
Speaker 2: Might have been a tip of the cap to the Bobby Bone show.
Speaker 1: It might have been, And you know what, I should have tipped that lady work in the counter.
Speaker 2: Here's a one dollar bill, here's.
Speaker 1: A five thanks for getting me on that flight because I'm going to Vegas for my dachelor party.
Speaker 2: This guy was saying, I saw it on Instagram. He's giving tips in Vegas. When you slip people money, he said, if you're trying to get a club, it's got to be one hundred dollars, which he goes at the front desk. If you want to get a room upgrade, slip them a twenty. They never accept money though, really or it seems like it doesn't make a difference.
Speaker 1: I don't think it makes a difference.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then he said, and then that was his only two tips. But I was like, the one hundred dollars, for sure, you better be getting into a club. Is that your boy, Siriani? No, But the twenty dollars, he goes, you could get a suite at a hotel.
Speaker 1: I don't think for twenty bucks you're getting a sweet Maybe I don't call me crazy, but what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, if you tip them a hundred, then you should have just upgraded.
Speaker 1: It in the first place. I will say, when we went to Vegas in the early days, I met this chick. So there was a girl in Austin that listened to the show and her sister lived in Vegas, and her sister came to town one night and they met me. They came out the sixth Street and I met her pure Ultra lounge, got her number, and every time we went to Vegas, I'd hit her up and she'd walk us right into the clubs, right in.
Speaker 2: She was what a bar girl?
Speaker 1: No, she just knew people. She lived in Vegas and she was a smoke show.
Speaker 2: Speaking of bar girls, have you seen how they dress at Daily's No?
Speaker 1: Is it awesome?
Speaker 2: No? I mean yeah, if you're single. I went to their Instagram and they're not wearing a lot of clothes.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, maybe it was just a promotional thing, or our losers already could have experienced that last night.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be great for the happy hour tonight.
Speaker 2: But I mean it's I mean, some of them were in the French made outfits.
Speaker 1: Don't hate it.
Speaker 2: How's it going, Gibbles, Nice to meet you. A beautiful establishment y'all have, But we're the sore losers.
Speaker 1: We are doing the watch party there on Sunday for that reason.
Speaker 2: The other one. I saw of the on their Instagram. It was the girls wore chaps whoa without like backs to them. Man, this convention is gonna be awesome, dude. Can you imagine Cappy?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's gonna be drooling all over the place. Dude, we're gonna have a bucket following him around.
Speaker 2: Oh uh, it's spill on Aisle five. Gap, He's all over the place.
Speaker 1: Hey, Cappy, don't slip in your own jewel man. Relax, man, it's like skidting off the road when it's raining.
Speaker 2: Capy is coming. Baser hit him up. Really, yeah she got his number one convention and he goes, yeah, he's rolling.
Speaker 1: I love it. No, pun I hear you want to hear a great post here it is. I remember feeling so intimidated our first Coaches Convention CC two, standing outside waiting for the doors to open the happy hour. Several people were reconnecting with CC one friends and I felt so out of place. Soon the door's open. Everyone was in a great mood, so welcoming, introducing themselves to us, making small talking. When LB Ray and the other guy showed up, the party really got going. I took it all in, kicking myself for not attending CC one and quickly feeling like I was a part of a special group. The red Bet was iconic, and the weekend we just got better and better. As I begin packing for CC five, I feel melancholy, glad to be part of this group of degenerates, anxious to see people I consider dear friends. A special thanks to the guys for putting up with us all for a whole weekend. Any first time attendees, fear not, You're about to be part of a special group of folks thanks to Elbie's left armpit sore losers, nation for life. That's from Becky Fahrenbacher. I mean, is that's legit. That is summon up your feelings in a great post.
Speaker 2: Well, I was trying to pull up the red Bet, but I can never remember how we saved it, or maybe the Midday Show deleted that like they threw away my cat calendar.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, if you can find that first red Bet, the video is still Probably the funniest thing ever is when that dude that is not even part of the group is getting rammed into the table, just rammed with all one hundred people surrounding that table like a freaking mob. That was incredible. There's no way you're gonna be able to find it.
Speaker 2: Why would I have not saved it as red bet or roulette or coaches convention bet or.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we just want a lot of money. Oh my gosh. The left armpit dream when I was in the shower and I was washing my left armpit with the soap, and I had this vision to do a convention and it all came to fruition, and here we are five years later.
Speaker 2: You get that one night where you get to go out with a fellas and we went to a super Bowl party with a bunch of the group and all that stuff, which is cool to be able to do team camarade. What is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: I can't hear it. I don't have my headphone. What was it?
Speaker 1: Something about something going out you get one night or super Bowl party with your buds.
Speaker 2: Who was it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's titled one C c Roulette Setup clip, two CC Roulette Payoff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know who that is, all right. I literally had no idea. I was like, I don't remember us talking like that before the Roulette bet. But that's funny.
Speaker 2: At Ashley Ruiz riding on Kapi's lap all the way down. That was CC two.
Speaker 1: That was CC two. And then I'll tell you another thing that happened at CC two. I watched her. I watched her give twenty dollars for the bet, twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm remembering this controversy and she put it in the stack.
Speaker 1: And we go down and we bet and we win, and she's like, hey, I put one hundred in and being there being drama about her thinking whoever was trying to steal her money. She was being shorted eighty dollars. And to settle the drama, your boy gave up his winnings. I had to give eight because I was like, I'm not this is not worth it. This is not worth the fight and the drama and everybody being mad at each other here, even though I saw you only put in twenty dollars. I'm gonna give you the eighty dollars that you think you're owed.
Speaker 2: You're telling me three years later, you're just now coming out with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been holding on to it, man, jeez, well it tracks. I mean one percent. I watched her put twenty dollars in the pot and then demand a hundred.
Speaker 2: Well okay, and that's why she's not coming to this convention.
Speaker 1: No, I saw her name on the list.
Speaker 2: No you didn't.
Speaker 1: No, she didn't. She didn't buy it.
Speaker 2: Did I tell you I saw her? No? After the break? What? What? Yeah?
Speaker 1: After the break is right? Oh my gosh, we'll be right back. Hit me with it.
Speaker 2: Well, I've probably never told the story, or really the fallout with Yeah, you did.
Speaker 1: You told us about it. You went to a concert. I did, and it was awkward. I told that on the podcast. Yep.
Speaker 2: I think I might have just told you.
Speaker 1: No, you told it on the pod.
Speaker 2: Anyways, there was a falling out.
Speaker 1: You guys went to go see Ali Colleen in Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I don't love fallouts at all, but sometimes they just fall out.
Speaker 1: But fall out, boy, legit.
Speaker 2: So sometimes when people get actually block an aisle and will not let you leave a concert, yell at you go to a bar and try and turn you against your wife, weird stuff like that, then you just have to have a falling out. So we hadn't talked to Ruiz in like a year. We didn't Instagram, we don't DM, we don't text, we don't hang out. Year. I go to the mall and I go to the memorabilia place for her birthday for what for baser?
Speaker 1: Oh you were getting baser an autograph?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have a movie autograph celebs, it's not just sports.
Speaker 1: Got it. Didn't realize that there was a huh, who are you getting her? Peyton Manning? Oh, honey, you don't really love this.
Speaker 2: I got her Jennifer Aniston. It's worth like two hundred if she dies a thousand. So I come around the corner to this memorabilia store. And once you come around the corner, you're in. There's no turning backs. It's kind of an wide open entrance. See, you would look like a fool if you did a one to eighty.
Speaker 1: So it's like one of those big ones in the mall where they had to put the gate down. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I come in hot and in a Predgs jersey. There is Ruiz Oh boy. So I had to talk to her for twenty minutes. It was a great conversation.
Speaker 1: Did she see you or did you see her?
Speaker 2: Same time? And I guess she was doing part time work with them. It was seasonal. She had another job that they allowed her to.
Speaker 1: Do oh she was working there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, got it. I thought she was just shopping, didn't know the store very well, asked a couple questions, she had no idea. So I was like, Okay, I guess we're just gonna have straight up conversation because we can't even talk about these products because you don't know them. So we were just like, yeah, sorry about the fallout, how you've been And I'm like, oh, I see you on Instagram. See things are good? You know she had a boyfriend and she goes, I see you guys are good. I might we're good. But that's what kind of where we left it. We just said hi, bye, sorry, gave her a hug.
Speaker 1: Not that's my next question. Hug or no hug? Definitely hug, definitely hug.
Speaker 2: Got it. She gave me a discount.
Speaker 1: Gotta check those knockers.
Speaker 2: She hit me with the discount.
Speaker 1: She give her side hugg or fall on?
Speaker 2: Straight? It was probably straight on.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I mean we used to be room not roommates. We used to be neighbors for four years and go to pools every weekend together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I give you you didn't get that close to her because that hug. I mean those things were pushing you away.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah. And so then she, you know, I put the olive branch out. She also had an olive branch in her hand. She goes, I'll give you twenty percent discount.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: So that's where we left it. Good terms. Good.
Speaker 1: So have you gone back to see her.
Speaker 2: No, I've been getting all my memorabilia on line since then. Man.
Speaker 1: See, I will say I find it funny. So your wife has a Jennifer Aniston autograph hanging up in the house.
Speaker 2: In the gym kind of what is it a like?
Speaker 1: Tell me?
Speaker 2: Is it a picture of her on Friends? Or is it just like a headshot? And she signed it headshot? She signed it, but they did it off all nice. So it's already framed and it has an awesome back in the day shot of when she was on Friends autograph boom you put in the gym. It's just it's because we also had a Camilla Cabello randomly autographed, so it kind of goes with like a female type gym autograph. And then I'm gonna put up some iHeartRadio. We got Kelsey Ballerini autograph. We got Sam Hunt autograph. So that's kind of the feel of the room. It's not just randomly you come into my house. He near's Jennifer Anderson's autograph.
Speaker 1: I guess I've never really thought of a movie stars autograph. I never even it never crossed my mind, or a TV person. That is just so interesting. I thought people just took pictures with them. Never realized you would see Brad Pitt and ask him for an autograph.
Speaker 2: You did, I wanted to get tell me Hulk. Two weeks later, he dies, bro, I would I would have twenty times fold my money.
Speaker 1: Dude, DJ Silver, who used to do the club in Austin, used to do Pure Ultra Lounge with me. He I talked to him randomly every now and then, and he was like, oh yeah, down in Florida. Our house in Florida. You know who's our neighbors, Terry, Like Terry hees Olk Hogan, he goes Man, we hang out all the time, blah blah blah. And he sent me pictures of autographs the sent him two weeks later, Old die and I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Crazy crazy, even crazier your friends on the DJ scene, what you dating message DJ poly D.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know pauly D.
Speaker 2: I just know Silver because friends with DJ Silver. I am, hey, lunch man, I'm great friends with his DJ at John Daly's.
Speaker 3: No, let me tell you DJ s friends with DJs. But DJ Silver now goes on the road with Al Dean. I know, but that's what I'm saying. Like we started at Pure Ultra Lounge together, like we were both there.
Speaker 2: Oh you worked together? Yes, Okay, I didn't know that. Yes, I wanted to know randomly, how you were friends with a DJ.
Speaker 1: Yes. I would be on the mic in Pure Ultra Lounge on Sixth Street, like what U two dollars?
Speaker 2: Well, let's go DJ Silver and he would play the music crazy though. He must have been doing real good if he was neighbors with Terry. That's what I'm saying. He must be making some coin because Terry's got the wrestling stuff, the TV show, the beer, all American beer. He was promoting it on McAfee this summer. Amazing interview two months later croaked, Oh, go back and listen to it. It was a fun not I was out watering the trees. I remember like it was yesterday. Amazing interview, just so open and Pat. Pat always says, oh it's real, man, were real? Pat's real? He goes, hey, man, but you had some of that Negati stuff be busted for the N word. Oh, Pat brought it right to him, and colts all right, I know, I know, I know, you know. And then it was just a great interview. Huh open. He's telling him about business, saying how he's not able to walk really much anymore. He's like, I'm getting better, how he's touring, talking about his beer. Dude, he was so with it. Two months later croaked, Wow, ray, what you're trying to say about me and my CLIs? We better start the show man, guys, Lunch was a hell of a podcaster. Two months later, croaked, God, don't say that, please.
Speaker 1: No. I can't croak yet, man, I don't want to croak. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I would take care of your kids.
Speaker 1: No, that that worries me. That worries me. I don't need you taking care of.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, new rules shot, sit out and shut up. Nobody touches the walls. This crap where you leave a friend's house and run home. That doesn't happen. Soccer Ball is now basketball, and you you don't get to just go through a doggy door instead of an entrance, like open a door to go into a house. We don't do the doggy door crawling thing. That's for animals, your people, all right. And the Nashville season ticket Nashville FC. I canceled him. We're not going any more games. You're gonna watch football, basketball, and that's it. Maybe a little bit of baseball. Oh and bedtime. What was it with dad? It was eight thirty all right, it's five thirty down. We gotta start the show man, We gotta started.
Speaker 1: Oh man, there's a lot of newbies this year that there really are.
Speaker 2: I was clicking on some Facebook pictures. Don't recognize them.
Speaker 1: A tour and his girl.
Speaker 2: Who is this lizard?
Speaker 1: I feel bad for Randy A tour's girl because I don't know her name. But I know Randy well.
Speaker 2: A lot of them ab divorced, a lot of them have switched partners. There's that as well.
Speaker 1: No, no, but Randy. He posts on the Facebook, and I don't know his chicks. He's pi, Oh my girl's the best. You gotta be chickens and the Nuggets game. I don't know her name.
Speaker 2: Though, well, and then you got you know, there's I'll just John Doe and just for example, I'll be like, whoa, John, you're with a woman last year? The hell happened in a year. You know, there's that as well.
Speaker 1: I did make that mistake one time. Man, I did make that mistake one time.
Speaker 2: Guys with his boyfriend.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I'm turning the music down. No, where's your wife? I'm gay?
Speaker 1: No no no. I said, oh, your wife didn't want to come this year, and he goes, my wife decided she didn't want to be married to me anymore.
Speaker 2: I was like, note to sell for the convention, don't talk about significant others. I was like, oh, that's not badman, we want to talk to you though.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's on me, that's on me.
Speaker 2: Coach goes hard after the marriage.
Speaker 1: No, no, I didn't. I just said, oh, we're you know, you didn't bring the wife this year. My wife decided she didn't want to be married to me anymore. And I was like, oh, okay, man, Well how about those Pittsburgh Penguins. Man, Oh that was a rough one.
Speaker 2: You gotta be careful when they're not with the person, especially here around the office because they're probably divorced. You know, company party. You don't go in hot Hey, where's the mister? We had an affair, I'm no longer married. Oh okay, and they're not with the person.
Speaker 1: You don't bring them up. Don't bring them up. And I've learned my lesson. I just say, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: That's a gym? Where's your old lady?
Speaker 1: Where Sally?
Speaker 2: We had a devastating divorce. They did discovery. I lost half my assets and the kids. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's yeah, let's start the show man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's talk about something positive. Man, we're gonna do it live. Oh the one to dude?
Speaker 1: So loser? What up, everybody? I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I give the sports facts my sports opinions because I'm pretty much a sports genius.
Speaker 2: Yo, It's says it. I'm from the North. I'm in Alpha Male. I live on the north side of Nashville. This weekend I will be living downtown baby back on Broadway, back at the Penthouse. Love it downtown. But yeah, two point three three three acres when we live at the Country and we got two kids at Vanderbilt defrosting justin he's supposed to be checking in on them. He moved back to Michigan, quit his job. He's now searching for employment there, doing well. He'll find something very soon. Not going to be able to go to the convention. That has been confirmed unless he's doing some gotcha thing and he got a flight late last night. But he will not be there. He is in recovery. He is for the next couple of weeks. He'll be a new Beginnings Avenue over to you man.
Speaker 1: Batter's Box will not be at the convention.
Speaker 2: Dang, Yeah, she'll waiting for a family member to hell Toolbox.
Speaker 1: Toolbox will not be at the convention.
Speaker 2: See, they wanted the Vegas ones. Remember when No Teeth and your dad were gonna drive out.
Speaker 1: My dad was going to drive to Vegas and I tried to explain them how far that is. He didn't really conceptualize that. It's like it would take him like three days.
Speaker 2: He definally decided to pull up a map and.
Speaker 1: Then by the time he got there, he'd be exhausted and he wouldn't have any fun. So, yeah, he will not be there. No Teeth Keith will not be at the convention. Chess Day not going to be at the convention. Cousin Andrew not going to be at the convention.
Speaker 2: Or it could be like my sister, very supportive, rest of my family, my dad just drilling away in the text messages. Hey guys, here's our weather. Hey guys, there was a trade in baseball. The Tigers are Kyle Tucker now was with the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I mean this stop that.
Speaker 2: Are you going to bring up the convention? Good luck son on your huge Super Bowl? No, just blows right through it. Hey guys, here's our weather. Whoa look at this in politics? Huh. Hey, have a great weekend, guys. Dad and dad. The thing that your daughter's going to I put on with my friend, the convention. All it takes is three words, good luck, weekend, I mean good gosh, and then Monday will happen. Never no no mention of it. How did the convention go? Guys? Sometimes there's just simple sentences you should add to your vocabulary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife even texted me this morning, Happy convention Friday. Whoa, whoa. So she's excited. Yeah, it's gotta be.
Speaker 2: It's the beginning of the convention. Yes, and I mean she's very well involved with it, yes, and Bayser involved as well. So I'm saying, like, awesome, my sister comes outside of that. Billy, where's my text? Good luck with your convention, Eric Dodd.
Speaker 1: I can't believe Billy's not even going.
Speaker 2: Billy only goes on benders in Vegas and strippers, got it, Eric Dodd, Good luck with your convention, dude. I don't have a lot of friends that reach out. Oh, Heather Beazer's friend so supportive, she wants to come. Gotta be careful. Some of those truckers man try and grab her. But regardless, that's beside the point. The friends that supporting, the friends of don't. I'm almost drawing a line right now.
Speaker 1: I saw kolbe White. He pulled up in his truck.
Speaker 2: We gotta tell him he's supportive.
Speaker 1: We've got to tell him you have his number. Yeah, okay, we got mckittie. He's supportive. Supportive, daughter guy not supportive.
Speaker 2: His odds have moved to plus ten thousand to show up at one day of the convention. Pitts supportive. Really don't know if he's in a show. He hasn't said one word to me. But we've been busy we've been hammerd.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to go in there and tell him, Hey, you're gonna be there tomorrow. We'll take a break, we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: We're not even gonna get to everything.
Speaker 1: I know, but I need to hear you said local radio story.
Speaker 2: So I was listening to local radio and in the three minutes I was listening to.
Speaker 1: Is this in the evening? The day?
Speaker 2: Weekend? Oh? So, don't know what that means? Better worse people talkers. I have no idea talking heads. But I heard the worst story I've ever heard, and I heard a slur all within three minutes. Whoa he was segueing. I'll start with the slur. He's segueing from Cooper flag.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: He goes, yep, spurs are up there. They're up into the right. Man, you got the thunder, They're up into the right. Jerry's still out on the MAVs and Cooper. No, he left off the l Yeah, but he didn't even address it. He just cooked to the next story.
Speaker 1: Do you think he even noticed it?
Speaker 2: No, he did, because the people in the room, for sure, were big eyes. Oh man, oh man, I go, that's not his name.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I've done my look at this jersey. He doesn't say that.
Speaker 2: But it is dangerous. If you're gonna say Cooper flag, just say Cooper.
Speaker 1: It's hard when you say a lot of things and a lot of names. There's gonna be slip ups. Absolutely, Eric Widenhausser, he's gonna join us next. And he is gay, I mean he's gay. He's blind. I'm sorry, I'm I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: He's blind. He can't he climbed Mount Kilimanjaro and he's gay gey I mean blind blind.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. We'll be right back. Jim, what was that? I mean that, if you pull that up, I mean that, that's exactly what that reminds me of.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't pull it up. Man over two.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good, Now tell me the worst story you ever heard.
Speaker 2: And so then he's talking about Vanderbilt.
Speaker 1: Same guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now he wants to talk about up into the right Vanderbilt football. So yeah, so f NBA, let's talk college college football. So I'm going for a walk in my neighborhood. Oh, this is a neighborhood I of me and my wife have lived there for fifteen years. Walking through it it's always Bama, Georgia. Oh miss, there's all maybe some Clemson majority SEC school flags that are hanging up. You know, you got your American flags. I'm probably actually telling the story better than he is right now. And and and the other day. I am not kidding right now, Mike, Oh, tell us, Well, what what happened. I was walking with my wife. There's the usual suspects of flags, and I saw a Vanderbilt flag. And not only that, I saw two Vanderbilt flags on my walk in the neighborhood. They are up into the right. Oh, thank you, Jim. Beautiful story. We'll be back sports talk right after this. It said it went for a walk in his neighborhood, saw Vandy flag. Hey, terrible, he said, flag again? Almost this stuff again. He told two stories about flags. Well, maybe it was a heck of us a.
Speaker 1: Bit just flags as the theme. Dude, I'm gonna tell you, I went for a walk the other day.
Speaker 2: I wish you would have slipped up a kid. And you'll never believe that.
Speaker 1: And there was a Vandy in my neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Hanging on one of the houses was a Vandy geez dude, dude, Now you mentioned a Vandy flag.
Speaker 1: I went for a walk to the dog for a walk the other day, walking normal route. You know what I mean, because you pretty much walk the same route. Yes, you walk the same route. There's only so many ways you can go left, right, or straight. On your street. You come up to the corner, you can either go left or right. I mean, it's pretty easy to go around the neighborhood the same way every time. And I'm walking by this one house that I walked by all the time, and they have a flag flying on their front porch. Now they got the little flag holder on the column, they got the little brackets and flag points out towards the street, and they're flapping in the wind a Carolina Panthers flag.
Speaker 2: Stop. I'm like, come on, it was Bone's house.
Speaker 1: Nobody in their right mind has ever flown a Carolina flag in the neighborhood. All of a sudden, they make the playoffs and in the wind flaps the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 2: We got valls, And then there's people that'll do preds. But then there's a random guy right next to the golf course who does Texas Rangers just stop? I like it, No, I don't. Just it's you're in Tennessee, just and it's baseball. It's like one of the third or fourth ranked sports.
Speaker 1: Like stop, there's a house that I drive by on it when I go pick up at a one restaurant. They switch it out per season. They like have the NSC flag, they have a Bama flag, and they have a W for the Cubs whenever they win. He it's out the W. So he rotates the flags. Cheez, that's a lot of work. He's retired, probably probably doesn't do much.
Speaker 2: Hey, honey, afternoon game Cubs won. Hey, would you mind rotating out the flag? Hey honey, I'm I'm running late from work. The Cubs just won an afternoon game. We need to get that up four five o'clock traffic. Can you get that flag out there? Okay, Bill, I'll put it up there.
Speaker 1: So annoying. And he doesn't hang it on his house. He hangs it on the utility pole and he's like at the edge of his yard so everybody on the street can see it.
Speaker 2: Be cooler if he's in Chicago, But I like appreciate the effort.
Speaker 1: And then I gotta say, I watched I flipped on the TV the other night.
Speaker 2: Can we segue though from flag stories. Yeah, that was dangerous.
Speaker 1: Now we're off the flags, thank you, and we're gonna go to the flag ship and I'm going to talk about I still don't understand it. I flip on the TV the other night and they got that Tiger Woods golf on again. I don't understand how people watch this.
Speaker 2: They don't do They just have to have a certain amount of programming because he's indoors and isn't it on a VR machine?
Speaker 1: You're hitting into a screen, but at the very end are you playing on the green? I I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Like I saw one guy telling Tiger, I don't even know if it's a new clipper an old one, where he goes, maybe it was Michael Kim, I want to say it was. It was maybe I believe it was him, and he goes, man, you're weird dude, because Tiger's saying how he hits it out of the bunker, And Michael Kim goes, you're weird, Tiger, You're weird dude, and Tiger goes, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Because golfers are kind of weird, so for you know, I don't know if there's me a lot of audio from golfers outside of Koepka, Rory and Justin Thomas.
Speaker 1: So I watched like thirty seconds of it and the guy steps up and he drives it into the screen and then it starts rolling. I don't understand. I didn't understand. So when it when it lands on the green, they just go and place it there once.
Speaker 2: Ah, that probably is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched thirty seconds and my wife was like, is there a crowd there? There's people actually go and watch this.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's better in person, she goes.
Speaker 1: I said yeah, and I said, and it's so stupid. She goes, well, I mean people go watch people play video games, So I mean it's not any different. I said, yes, But I don't understand. How is that on national television. How do people sit there in their home, like, out of everything there is to watch on Hulu, on HBO, Max, on Netflix, and you're tuning in to watch guys hit it into a screen. Give me a break. It's stupid.
Speaker 2: Good promotion over a puputt event this weekend. But also, but that's not into a screen. You're actually putting the ball. There's so many TV shows that my thing is like, hey, man, there's a crazy new show out. These zombies bang each other. Whoa like?
Speaker 1: There's so many different options, so many I know there's no way you can keep up.
Speaker 2: But bright, I'm not trying to keep up. But when somebody says, hey, listen, man, I watching the show with my wife the number five out of five two zombies drilling each other, you know what, I'm good. Even though it's a great show. I have all this other stuff I'm into. I'm into tropical stuff. I'm into a little bit of romance. I'm into some humor. Maybe if it's a mystery killing, me and my wife are into that. But zombies banging, I don't care. If ninety percent of the world has seen this Twilight Walking Dead where these people that are freezing cold try to have sex, I'm not watching it. My name's Ben, and eyeing in it. My name's Paul. That's up to y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't get to watch a lot of TV, so I can't. I can't argue with you. I have very few shows that I watch. Batter's Box, yells at mean, you've never watched uh what thanks that one called Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders, Oh my god, it's so good. You've never seen stranger things. What are you doing well? I mean I just don't have time.
Speaker 2: Well. And the one that Bone recommended Reverence or he almost made me go watch I think for the stop stop. This guy goes to work every day. Awesome. I want to watch a job about a guy or a movie about a guy going to work. Cool.
Speaker 1: Now, NFL playoffs, dude, this weekend. Now, First of all, we're not gonna be her Monday, So Indiana rolls on Monday night, right, Indiana's national champs. I'm I'm hoping for that. Then this weekend, I don't know how we're not taking all the underdogs.
Speaker 2: I mean Signity Cignati. Oh, I just came up with that. Nobody said it before Pat Nitt.
Speaker 1: That was so good.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking of the T shirts. Have you seen They make it look like cigarettes in Marlborough, says Signetti, and it has that red Marlboro shit. And I was just thinking of that and said signaty. I just came up with sports centers a block on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: You need to go ahead, and uh, what do you call that?
Speaker 2: Trademarks? I'm the first person.
Speaker 1: I'll text my father in law. He'll get it done.
Speaker 2: Tell Mary, uh, we make a million retire.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I would be out of here so fast it's not even funny. I'd be like, I do one last pod saying goodbye everybody, and then be like catch me on the beach, man, I'll be out of here.
Speaker 2: And then what after that? I would be like, Hey, every convention here till the end of time is canceled. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. I don't even like the beach. I don't even like the beach, So why do I always say I'd buy something at the beach. I hate the beach, but the view.
Speaker 2: Is amazing and you're doing it wrong, but yes, continue.
Speaker 1: Uh anyway, I mean Buffalo going into Denver, Buffalo, come on, like bow Knicks is gonna beat Josh Allen stop.
Speaker 2: And a majority of the year bo Nicks was bottom half in QBR rankings, didn't really play very well as people are saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I mean Houston is going to New England and they're getting three. I mean, I don't even know. New England hadn't played anybody all year either.
Speaker 2: There was a stat last week Houston playing whoever they played in won Pittsburgh QBR when Bullock was thrown to zero point zero QBR, like you cannot get the ball anywhere near ball. He's a receiver. On defense, he's a number one defensive player, number one free safety in the history of the world for Texans. Uh.
Speaker 1: And then the Bears. I mean, you're gonna give me a dome team. Matthew Stafford, coming to the frozen, frozen, frozen, frozen Chicago, said this maybe one of the coldest games in the history of the NFL. Oh my gosh, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Let's freaking go. And he's got a bad thumb, and he's got a bad thumb, and he's got a bad case of an ears. Whoa, things are white, man. He's been doing some interviews or maybe they just finally got posted. They went a shade too white.
Speaker 1: But hey, guys, have a great weekend. We're going to the convention. If you ain't here, you're missing it. Your name is Bennett and you're not in it.
Speaker 2: Your name is Paul and you leaving it up to y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are missing it all Oh man? Was that good? Yeah? All right? We're out the NFL this weekend. There should be some so good games.
Speaker 2: We're gonna watch good games this weekend a convention. We really are, because we'll have Bills and then we'll have the next day, we'll have Your or No Will. It'll be forty nine ers at night, and then we'll have Texans the falling Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I will say that I thought about it. We did see Buddy Glass and the Buffalo Bills play as part of our watch party Coaches convention too, And the only reason I remember this, I was like, oh, dude, finally Buddy Glass gets to watch his bills at the convention. He always has to watch the Chiefs. I think they played the Chiefs that day and he got so depressed that they lost. He walked out of Palace Station and he tried to walk back to the Resorts World. And that's when we passed him in the cab and he was just sitting on the train tracks.
Speaker 2: True story, too true story.
Speaker 1: So that's when I remembered. I was like, he did get to see his bills play at the convention. Man, poor Buddy Glass. He's a fine human being. We gotta go, man, I gotta get I'm taking a nap. I'm taking a nap today cannot wait for tonight.
Speaker 2: Get you a nap and guys on the Instagram just search it Sore Losers Podcast. I put a map of the entire invention and I tagged all the people that we're going to be doing our events at so you can just easily click them. See their profile, John Daly's. You can see the talent. They seem like a great service staff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm not getting a haircut. My hair looks good, so I'm not gonna get a haircut, but I may shave. Do I need shaved? Do I look all right?
Speaker 2: All right,