Speaker 1: What's up, friends, and welcome into Fantasy Pros MLB. This is the Discord live show Cleaning Up. I'm Chris Welsh, joined by Joe Rico. As always, well, we're live on the Fantasy Pro's Discord, hanging with audience members and letting you guys dictate what we talk about on the show if you want to, because you guys can post questions which we'll get to. You can raise your hand. You can be a part of the podcast. Boy, what a freaking time for it to be this week after an absolutely berserko insane Father's Day weekend that is kind of shattered and kind of shaken the baseball world. We'll be covering that and a whole bunch more. We got a couple of topics we might be hitting, like Spencer Strider and more So, raise your hands. If you're in here, and if you have not joined, go and check it out Fantasypros dot com slash chat. You can join the discord for free and you can get in here. We're here Monday a five pm Eastern. You can be a part of the show. We'd love to have you. Let's do it. Joe Rico, my friend, how are.
Speaker 2: You I'm good man.
Speaker 3: This was an exciting weekend, you know, driving back for my grandparents yesterday, just getting that notification, and it was kind of similar to the Luka Doncic's trade a few months ago, where you're just like, this isn't real. There's got to be some kind of hack going on or something like that. I just feel bad for folks out in Boston who may have bought their dad at Raphael Devers Red Sox jersey for Father's Day. But two weeks in a row, we got some big Red Sox news to break down, so it'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: There's this video, it's probably my favorite, and it's this daughter. They're all sitting it's like the whole family. They're sitting on a deck and she's like, she's like, they just trade Red Sox, just trade to Rafael Devers. But the titling of it is that my dad thinks this is a TikTok trend. So she says it and the dad kind of laughs it off. And then there's like, I don't know if it's a brother or whatever sitting in the corner and they're like whatever, whatever, And then these two it's daughter and another younger brother. They're sitting with their phones. They're like, nobody believes us. And then finally, after you know, ten or fifteen seconds, they all look at their phones and then the depression sits in. I can only imagine what it must be like to not only trade away like a face or like the theoretical face of your organization, but like an incredible hitter like that and get nothing. I mean, because that is what like, we can chalk it up somebody, you know, and I did our pre show stuff and we'll talk about it, but I think it was game over, said rather talk about Tibbs today. Yeah, I imagine you kind of want to know what you got, but we can. We can dress some of this stuff up if you'd like. But at the end of the day, they decided to get rid of their dudes. They decided to get rid of Raphaeldt Evers because he was a problem, and they did it because they had somebody eat all of the money that there's a math equation that went on, Joe. It's like, how much of a problem are we willing to deal with while dealing with this money? It's money versus problem, And they were in an unfortunate situation where they were owed all the money and they had all the problems. Well, then they got to a spot where someone was willing to take on all the money, and then they had to determine talent versus this, and far surpassed giving up all. Freeing up that money and getting rid of the financial burden was well worth getting rid of the talent that was Raphael Devers. And they just didn't get back what you shouldn't have got back, and multiple there's some rumors that other teams were floating out there. It just looks like a bad trade that I think, at the end of the day won't be fully answered until they can spend some of this money by resending Bragman and maybe getting somebody else. But there's just no other way to cope this that it looks pretty trashy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was trying to wrap my head around it and try and think of a way where it may sense for Boston to do this.
Speaker 2: And the only way that it.
Speaker 3: Makes sense is if it just became so untenable within the clubhouse that they just had to get him out of there, that it had become like a cancer situation. But moving him right now when you just got through a weekend sweep is bizarre. You just took out your probably your biggest rival. You've won eight of the last ten games, you're kind of making a little bit of noise your half game out of the wild card spot.
Speaker 2: To do this now doesn't make.
Speaker 3: A lot of sense unless there was just truly no coming back from this. But if you're going to make this trade, why not do it in the offseason and still kind of you know, see this year out.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't understand the timing of it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there's a very very very easy answer to that, and it is that you I think the timeline of what they felt that they could how much let me say this better, They most likely felt that A, what you said, the bridge is so burned, but b this might be one of their only chances to get out out of all of the money. Because there's there's two different There was a rumor out there that the Braves had had a conversation with them, but there was money involved that Boston had to send back, and then the Braves kind of didn't want to do the trade either way. And then Jeff Ponce on Foul Territory Today had said that he heard that there was a trade, didn't know who and all the exacts, but that trade also involved them sending money back. So I think everything the Red Sox were presented with was they're going to have to eat some of this two hundred and eighty million whatever was left with it. But then they were presented, at the peak of all the problems, a team that was willing to take on every dollar of the financials, and I think that's it, Like it's really simple, like in a business term that makes sense. Does makes I guess it makes some sense. But for us we look at it and we're like, the hell's going on here? Like this is horrible. You didn't get any you got something in return, and we're being over dramatic about it. Kyle Harrison can be a part of this rotation at the end of this year. James Tibbs is a solid bat. I mean that average really stinks. He's got some big power. He could be like a fourth or third outfield type, but that's not what you get for superstars. So it was only about money, and that's why you didn't wait on it, because the more you wait, the more that a problem could arise. If becomes more and more of a problem, leverage maybe goes away, and you can't get rid of all that money. So I think that the only reason is because the giants said we'll take on all the money, and it's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't feel like a good enough reason, because you know, the money thing has been talked about a lot and how they got out from under this bad contract, and I don't really agree that it's such a bad contract. It's thirty one million dollars annual value until twenty thirty four.
Speaker 1: I think it's a bad contract. It's a it's a bad personality of a player. The contract was never like a discussion. It's, oh, this guy, he is not a team player, he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't listen to anybody. He's disrespecting the owner, at least according to the stuff allegedly, and there's just a bunch of money attached to him. If he was a good team player who cares about the money. But he wasn't, and that's the problem. So it was like, we have a guy that doesn't want to be here, we don't want him here now, and he's owed a truckload of money. And they were able to offload that. So I think that if I made it seem like it was they thought they had this bad contract. No is that they had a bad contract tied to a player that clearly was not going to help them win in the future.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: I just find a hard time saying that Raphael Devers can't help them win.
Speaker 2: Already win on the field.
Speaker 1: I'm saying he can win. His bat can win. But he didn't. He wasn't willing to do what the team needed. They needed him to play first base. He said no, he defied that.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean by that, And I've said that myself, Like I think that he should have just picked up a glove and played the field when they asked him to. You're making all this money, you need to be malleable. You need to do things that will help the team win. But he is such an elite hitter, Like this season has been statistically the best year of his career. He's walking got a crazy rate, the barrel rates and hard hit rates are career highs WRC plus is the best it's ever been for him. I just think that the timing of it is really stupid for the Red Sox. Like I don't I guess, yeah, it's an untenable situation. Whatever, Sure you need to do better on the trade, then if you have, if you're dead set that you are going to move him whatever. I don't care about the money. The Red Sox were the most profitable team in Major League Baseball in twenty twenty four, according to Forbes. There is no reason that they needed to make this trade for the money side of things and make sure that Okay, San Francisco's gonna take every penny whatever, but we need to get Kyle Harrison and Jordan Hicks. Like, it's just a bad trade. I'm sorry, it's just a bad trade. If you're gonna get it, if you're gonna trade him, if you're gonna be dead set on doing that, fine, then shop.
Speaker 2: Him around and get a better offer.
Speaker 3: Because this, if this was the best they could do, I would have said, you know what, RAFFI can be unhappy for a few more weeks until we try and figure out something better. Well, I feel like they could have probably done better.
Speaker 1: The rumors had been going on for a couple of weeks. I mean that's the thing, Like we again, at the end of the day, all of whatever, we're going to say like it is just a bad trade, Like that's the nuts and bolts of it. It's just not a good trade, but the inner workings of it where you're trying to pick apart, like the rumor was, they had actually been talking for a couple of weeks. They had been talking Buster Posey and the Giants had been talking with them for a couple of weeks. They talked to the Braves that had been talking to it.
Speaker 2: Jops. It wasn't like shopped around from what I heard that this was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't make a call to all thirty teams and say who wants Ralphael Devers. They talked to the teams that you know, had probably the most interesting team and they say three or four and every single team outside of the Giants that expressed that money needs to be taken. I get what you're saying. I'm not really not trying to refute it or anything like that. It's just like this became like a super business baseball move and it kind of stinks and it sucks. Now let me turn it because this is what I really wanted to This was actually the number one on the three topics we like to talk about here when we do cleaning up while talking to everybody was I wanted to get your take on Dever's fantasy value now, because I do think it's something interesting to talk about. There's a couple elements to it. William Thomas, you know famously now you know, great season, blah blah blah. We most of us kind of thought like, well, you know, the ballpark with the Giants might kind of mitigate some of the fantasy value. Boy has it. He's really come back down. Devers is leaving what according to Baseball Savant's ballpark Factors over a three year window for left handed hitters, number two ballpark in all of baseball, overall ballpark factor, home run ballpark factor was like pretty low, it was like in the twenties. But overall ballpark factor for left handed hitters over a three year window, Boston's number two, the Giants third worst in baseball, third worst overall ballpark factor and like the second worst home run ballpark factor for left handed hitters and all of baseball three year window. But I'm gonna give you one little side caveat which is a really interesting one, Devers. If you look at the expect did home run totals says he should have two more on Baseball Savigne, but if he played all of his games with Boston, he would be two less. He would have two more in the expected home run with San Francisco. There's another weird oddity, weird crappy ballpark factor for homers and everything. Yet he has projected two more homers with the Giants and would be projected too less than he has with the Red Sox had you played the full season across. So I'm kind of pushing against that ballpark factor. So I'm rambling on here, kind of setting up the positive and negatives. What do you think Rafield divers fantasy value becomes as a San Francisco Giant.
Speaker 3: I think that he is elite enough as a header that it won't impact him too much, But it's probably a slight down tick if anything.
Speaker 2: You know, the.
Speaker 3: Ballpark is worse, and also the lineup around him is worse. Boston for the season as a whole, is the tenth best lineup in baseball. Dever's probably doing some of the heavy lifting there with a one zero six WRC plus San Francisco is twentieth with a ninety six, So that is kind of a drastic change as well as the ballpark factor, so it's it's probably going to hurt him a little bit, but I think the Devers is a lead enough where it's not a situation where he is now, you know, somebody you have to be selling off or anything like that. I think he's still going to be fine. Like the rest of season projections, fifteen to seventeen more homers, probably fifty more runs, fifty more ribbies, the batting average will remain probably about the same. This is not a situation where I think it changes greatly. Maybe a slight downtick, but nothing, nothing drastic.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a little bit. I think it's like a I'd put a percentage, like a five percent, five to ten percent reduction overall. But you know, like the home run factors are really interesting with you know, with San Francisco as well, that maybe there's still some homers and maybe they're manufacturing some runs. I don't know, but it's five to ten percent maximum, So I'm not really looking too far into it, but I think it's something to pay attention to. And the final, you know, the final tip of the cap here is that Buster Posey said that Devers might be playing some third base or first base, and that's the biggest like middle finger that Devers continued to give with Boston is just like he was just so upset about whatever, you know, like, oh, you didn't talk to me, or you make me move a position, like who cares?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Three hundred million dollar man do whatever. He'll now do it with San Francisco And that's a little bit of the slap of the face. But then he might regain some of that position eligibility for next year by doing so. So that's I guess, yeah, a pseudo positive.
Speaker 3: I don't think Chapman's supposed to be out for too too long.
Speaker 1: No, it's a sprained it's a.
Speaker 3: Sprained hand, so he's not usurping Matt Chapman. But maybe he does end up playing regular first base. Reps that that's a possibility. But I think it would be very funny to see him just first game in San Francisco pick up a glove.
Speaker 2: And play the field.
Speaker 3: And they're actually playing the Red Sox this weekend, so that's gonna be kind of fun. And I think some home run bets should probably be put on Devers this weekend.
Speaker 1: Hunt of percent he's gonna play third base. And by the way, they didn't say he's gonna supplant him. They just said wild Chapmans, he might pick up a third base club first base would make a ton of sense. They can dh and you know whatever. But it's the willingness to now do it is what's really just It's just kind of gross across the board. And yeah, I mean, I don't think he changed positional fantasy value. I wouldn't be looking to sell him off or anything like that. But just know, you know, there definitely was a reduction in fantasy production out of Willia Damas. If he can pick it back up, maybe Devers will provide him some I don't know, some lineup protection or help him work with the swing. I really don't know. But Rafaeld Evers in San Francisco is such a ridiculously crazy wild move that we did not expect for this Father's Day weekend whatsoever? Whatsoever?
Speaker 3: Do you think he gets remembered as a Red Sox or as a Giant and all of a sudden done giant?
Speaker 1: I think the I think this is like a burn the Bridge type of situation. There's a possibility if he just becomes so good and the Red Sox continue to just make bad moves that the fan base kind of turns on ownership and they look back fondly. But I just think with how he I think the approach here. Maybe I'm wrong by the way I won a championship, I shouldn't say that, but like the burning of the not being like he dug his own grave because he was unwilling to be a team player is what got him traded, you know. I mean we're all speculating too, by the way, but for all intentsive purposes, it seems like with how dismissive he was with the management in front of him, managers, and then being dismissive with ownership, not willing to listen, not willing to go and play, not willing to make the team better when you're just desperately trying, when you're struggling. You lost a player unwillingness across the board, and there was stuff out there that he was unwilling to And again these are just rumors, but he was unwilling to be a part of team events, sponsorship type of stuff. Like all of that, he just dug his own grave, and he is the reason that he's traded. I don't think that's an argument here, Like he is the reason he is traded. Obviously, say like, well, you know whatever John Henry got in his fields and stuff like that, but at the end of the day, it's raw field. Devers is the reason that he's traded. So if there's a possibility, it could be a giant because he's still got a long career ahead of him. But you know, he did win a championship, so Red Sox will always.
Speaker 3: Love waiting for that. But it does remind me of a little bit as a Toronto guy. Not to make another basketball reference, but Vince Carter leaving Toronto and he was kind of vilified in Toronto for a long time. The city eventually kind of forgave him, and that might be what happens with Devers. Maybe it takes a little bit of time and eventually they'll they'll come around and remember everything he did for the team because he was he's one of the best players in franchise history, even though he only played until he was twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Here, yeah, well, we'll see how I mean, that's a really good question, but it's too early to tell to see what he does with the Giants, and you know, if he decides to keep talking to keep saying some more stuff and bash the Red Sox, we'll see how it ultimately goes. You guys, want to be a part of the action, Like I said, Fantasypros dot com slash Chat, join up on the discord five pm Eastern on Mondays. We've got other discord chats that are going on on some of the other sports as well. Make sure you check it out. We got an awesome community of people, tons and tons of rooms. You can be a part of the home run contest and there's a bunch more so check it out today. You can do it free and there's a premium side. Fantasypros dot Com slash Chat. Let's check out what the speaking of chat the audience has in the queue here take out. So sorry to bug about this question again, but haven't found a trade partner for one of my three shortstops. Ellie Abrams netto shortstop is so deep, and wanted to know who to target with one of those three players for outfield or pitching help. So this one had come to us before, and I think it was about like, if I remember correctly that I feel like the question was like, should I trade Ellie and Dota?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: I still not trading Ellie? After four straight home run games, He's sixteen to twenty homers, of stolen bases, batting averages up over two seventy three. I think I had originally brought up that interesting Ellie versus Corbyn, Carol One, and Y know what Ellie looks is way more valuable right now, points higher batting average, only four less homers, but ten more stolen bases. Ellie's going off. So if you had to pick one of these guys, understanding the relative like outfield that you're going to get back, are you trading the super high of Ellie? Are you trading the medium of Abrams or the little bit lower of Neto?
Speaker 3: I kind of think that Neto has surpassed Abrams at this point. I just think that he's probably a little bit of a higher floor. The lineup is bad, but it's kind of bad for both. But I would probably try and sell off of Abrams first of the three. Ellie is far and away the number one shortstop this year, and I think he'll probably.
Speaker 2: Continue at that pace.
Speaker 3: Neto, I mean, Neto is looking like he'll probably finish as a top eight or ten guy, and I think Abrams is probably just a little bit farther behind there. But he was also the guy who was drafted as a top fifty player and to this point of the season just looking at like a twelve team player raider, he is a thirteen dollars player. So trying to find a pairing in the outfield would leave you somewhere in like the Jung Hu Lee, Brandon Nemo, Jared Duran type of range in terms of season to date value. So if you were able to trade C. J. Abrams for Jared Duran Welsh, would you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that's a good for trade for trade, I'm not sure you can get that done. I think you probably have to live a like can you give me a Are you looking at the dollar raider right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are there any other like maybe higher dollar lower named players or lower dollar higher name guys like just go a little bit like go to like fifteen and go to ten.
Speaker 3: So there's Elliott Ramos who is a little bit higher than that range, but that could potentially work. Elliott Ramos for CJ.
Speaker 2: Abrams. I could see somebody.
Speaker 1: I actually don't hate that Dever's more lineup protection in there. Helio has been doing some business. I don't hate that.
Speaker 3: Hunter Goodman, but he's kind of catcher outfield, so it's a little bit tricky with him.
Speaker 2: TJ.
Speaker 3: Friedel has been low he fantastic this season. You probably would want to aim for higher with Abrams, so you maybe want to get a second piece back. But Friedel has been terrific so far.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now give me a couple of those, like like a little bit lower dollar, bigger name players that maybe are underperforming, like in the nine to ten range.
Speaker 3: So we have Luis Robert don't have the interest there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think a trade is looming.
Speaker 3: Michael Harris the second probably you could do a little bit better than that, I would imagine.
Speaker 1: I think a Harris for I think a Harris for Abrams is relatively okay.
Speaker 3: I'd probably Abras, but yeah, it's it's it's it's pretty close.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ian Happ Ian Happ is still somebody I like a lot. Those are generally kind of the names Loutis, Guriel Junior as well as in that same range.
Speaker 1: I think we can kill it there. I think I think those are some good not Lortis, but like Halp Michael Harris in that Abrams range, or if you want to have more like I'm performing now, you can go in like the HELLI O Ramos, TJ. Friedel. I think that's the general space that you could look at for like an Abrams or even a netto probably pushed towards Abrams. But don't move Ellie is the key. That's where we're going at our boy, GAMEOVA. It wants to come up, so GAMEOVA. On the podcast What's Up, Dude, you gotta unmute though he's got the funny picture with Johnoe speakon what's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys doing We're doing good, dude, what do you got good?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 4: Oh man? I know, well, if you're the prospect guy, and I know you probably watched Gage Wood, so that no hit or nineteen strikeouts, Yeah, people don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is for next year. But Gage would just through the third College World Series no hitter today, striking out nineteen and he hit a batter which could have made it a perfect game. It's the first College World Series no hitter I believe since nineteen sixty. Was absolute gas and he was already in the realm of a projected first round pick an absolutely insane performance of are just going crazy? Gauge would with the a's and then our eight gauge jump, and then Gauge would today with an insane performance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that was my day. I was like, he's probably be a top fifteen pick. But back to you know, major leagues. I have a Christian Moore, an Auto Camp, and I got Ozzie Alvi's. I'm looking to ship up ship off Ozzy. What is like his value? Because I like Christian Moore and I like Auto Kimp.
Speaker 1: Is there a positional like need anywhere.
Speaker 4: I need safe holds and stolen bases? It's like a roto ten team?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool? All right?
Speaker 1: So if we're targeting saves and holds and we're trading Ozzie Alb's, is there anybody that jumps to mind in either category that you're potentially looking at. Ozzy is just underperformed all year. Let me pull up his stats. We'll give you a chance to take a peek there, Joey, but Ozzy two twenty two six homers, two stolen bases, and ultimately it really hurts the trade value. His name will still hold some of it.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 1: But you know, in the closer market, I think it's going to be tough, and I think in the stolen base market, you're probably going to have to really just buy low, specifically on like a player's name that doesn't feel comfortable. Like I would tell you Chandler Simpson would have been a prime player I would look at if he was up in the majors right now, that'd be phenomenal. But does anybody jump out to you on the saves or the stolen bases if you're moving off of Albi's.
Speaker 3: I mean, the thing with trading Albi's right now is it might be the lowest value that he's had in his entire career arguably. So I would prefer to not do this. But if you are dead set on doing it, maybe you could try for like maybe a Pete Fairbanks or I don't know, Melo Doval. Potentially, it's not that's the thing with Albey's. The value is probably so low that you might get laughed out of these negotiations asking for some of these guys.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Could try for Jeff Hoffman because that era is up there, but he's still probably pretty secure in Toronto. That's that's Those are kind of the names that I would look at for for relievers, but it's it will be really really tricky in terms of stolen bases.
Speaker 2: Mentioned TJ.
Speaker 3: Friedel earlier, and he's a good stolen based guy.
Speaker 1: To my mind. When that popped up, I was like, that might be a guy that you could maybe get that done with.
Speaker 3: It could be for sure, Luis Robert. If you're trying to just do my bad asset for your bad asset, maybe that does work out as well. Could go for a Victor Scott and then maybe you get a second piece back in there.
Speaker 1: How about this this situe, what if you went and got like a really cheap saves guy with a Caballero. Caballero is tied for the lead and stolen bases on the league his name value. I mean to be honest with you, they might bock it all be's in general, but like getting like a I know Will Vess is banged up, but just follow me like a Will Vest and a Hosa Cabiro for Ozzi Alby's. That's kind of what like fantasy trades are built around like that mold.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You out on cabro.
Speaker 3: No, no, I like Jose Cabiro, but I think that's probably fair value. But looking at that, and even just looking at where we would have been a couple months ago with Albi's, I feel like the smarter move is it just hope that he turns things around and maybe next year you can sell him for a much higher price. This is a guy who has a couple of seasons already with thirty homers, hundred runs, hundred ribbies. You know, he's in a lineup that I think will probably eventually be a lot better. So I think that's a good pairing Caballero in vest. But my preference here would be to just hold tight.
Speaker 1: I think I know what you're getting at. Another guy would throw out maybe Exavier Edwards if you're looking for stolen bases, but there's some empty stats, and but that's what you're going to have to do. That's kind of maybe the main point here is you're going to have to go a little bit lower in the market if you want to sell off Ozzi Albi's. Unfortunately, that's kind of the toughness here. All right, Let's burn through a couple more of these questions that are in here, so we had the gauge would thoughts on this trade twelve team head to head roto Dynasty League. He gets Corbyn Burns and Lance McCullers gave up Devin Williams and Camille Devall. I hesitated because I was like, could this be Chase Burns. I'm not competing this year, so I'm thinking for next year and on. So I mean, yeah, you're definitely two years on. So essentially two of these closers for Corbyn Burns and Lance McCullers, you're betting two years from now. This is a tough tra This is not a trade I would probably do. Corbyn Burns is going to be like thirty two or thirty three when he's finally healthy again. Lance mcculler's is back on the il. Devin Williams he's been shaky, but he has the potential to get back into being like a top three closer in baseball, and Deval's pretty good. I gotta be honest with you, so Kyle, I don't. I don't think I would have done that, for That's not what I would do. When I'm trading Devin Williams in Deval is trying to buy on Corbyn Burns, who's going to be out till twenty twenty seven, So I would have probably went a different But what say you, I'm.
Speaker 2: In the same boat there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean mccullars is already kind of snuck up on us because he's missed a couple of seasons, but he's going to be thirty two later on this time.
Speaker 1: I do like mc colors. I do like mccollers, but still I like them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like them. Okay.
Speaker 3: The command has really not been there in his return, and we've seen the whip be crazy high because of it. Maybe he's able to eventually figure things out. And I mean trading relievers. I don't have a huge problem with it, just because they are pretty volatile assets to begin with.
Speaker 2: But I personally agree with Walsh.
Speaker 3: I would have wanted to do a little bit better than Burns and mccollors.
Speaker 1: All right, Dexter feeling very weak at shortstop with the damis could the devonstrate potentially boost him? Waiver Wire consists of the likes of Trevor's story right out, Willy or do you have any trade targets at shortstop? Shortstop is deep? I would say my initial reaction is to wait out Willy here definitely, like, let's get like a week and see what Devers does to the lineup, if anything, maybe if it changes approaches, it changes momentum. I would love for Adamis to pick back up, but he has struggled, you know, someone like Prodomo Perdomo's getting chance is hitting three's people still don't love him. Like that would be someone I would target in type of a trade, but I don't want to target Trevor story. Prodomo came to mind, but ultimately I think I want to kind of see if a Damas gets picked up by the Dever's acquisition. What do you think is there a shortstop you would rather pick up then wait out a Damas?
Speaker 3: I mean you listening Trevor's story there makes me think that he is the best option on the wire. And if that's the case, then yeah, you're just holding strong with a Damas for now. There are, like you said, so many shortstops, and there are guys who are pretty valuable, even just like thinking my own neck of the woods, Ernie Clement in Toronto has been really valuable but doesn't really give you a ton of juice in terms of the counting stats. It's more just like a decent batting average you're getting out of him. You know, we mentioned Xavier Edwards earlier. He's probably somebody you can get for not too expensive right now.
Speaker 2: I mean his earned dollar value.
Speaker 3: To the season is in negatives at the moment, so maybe somebody is willing to move off of him good batting average. The speed should return, but I think at the end of the day, you're probably just holding out a damis and hoping for the best, considering what's on the wire.
Speaker 1: Yeah bad, says head to head points need two of the three Spencer Strider versus Miami, Logan Web versus Cleveland, Joe Ryan versus Milwaukee says I don't think it's lost that they did it before a West coast trip. The casual fan won't watch the games for ten days while they're late, and they probably hope it will be less noticed locally. I don't know what that means, but.
Speaker 3: Streider webs probably in reference to the Devors trade. I think he was probably throwing that in when we're.
Speaker 1: Talking Oh okay, yeah, yeah, sorry, because it showed like together yeah, and I thought it was Yeah. Those are two different messages, so my bad. All right, So Strider Web Ryan kick one to the curb.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm sit. I guess it's Joe Ryan, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, and damn, these are all guys that you should be starting. I feel like there's got to be a worse option for the week.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, if these are your worst options, your staff is and like absolutely loaded.
Speaker 1: Ten team league. That's not unheard of or anything like that. This is good because, like with the questions, we're probably not going to get to what we were going to do. But one of the questions was do you believe Spencer Strider is back? Thirteen strikeout game, the Braves demolished the Rockies. There were a combined weekend whiff rate of forty nine whiffs from just starting pitchers between Grant Holmes and Spencer Strider. Stryder's villa was up his slider just clearly the Rockies cannot hit sliders. So I guess the question in this is, like, if Striider is you didn't even think twice about it. Do you think Striider is back or do you think that was more of the Rockies lifting him up.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably a little bit of both, but the fact that he gets the mar this week. I mean, you have to you pretty much have to start him There's it's such a feeble offense.
Speaker 1: I feel like you got to start Logan Web too. So that's why Joe Ryan does need to get kicked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I love Joe Ryan. I think Joe Ryan is perennially perennially underrated, and he's one of the best pitchers in baseball. But I think that just given how well Web is pitched, and given the matchup for Strider coming off of that game we saw, he's probably the guy that has to go in there. Is Strider fully back, I think it's we're probably most of the way there, but I still worry a little bit about how he's going to be able to maintain the velocity. If we're able to see it maintained over three, four or five starts and we start to mix in some slightly better opponents as well, that will be a bit more of a test for him. I just I don't know how much to read into these offenses because we're talking about some some pretty pretty terrible offenses in Colorado and Miami. So even if he blows through Miami, I don't know that I would necessarily say, yeah, he's back, so I kind of want to give it a little more time.
Speaker 1: So the well, the question kind of arises from, let's assume because he's Spencer Strider and he struck out all those rockies, his value just kind of went back to Strider value, which is roughly like top ten sp Do you think you're better set in a redraft? Would you like to sell him at an let's say, a top ten starting pitcher, or do you want to hold on to him thinking there's more upside or he maintains and he can't get no caveat to like, give me a couple more starts like you got to choose today.
Speaker 3: If that's the option, then I'd probably sell him. But I actually have another piece of information that's going to make this initial question a lot easier is that he has been moved and he's now starting against the Mets. It's not the mar it's not the Marlins anymore. So does that meant to make it easier for you for the weekly decision?
Speaker 2: That would make him a set for me?
Speaker 3: Just given how strong the other two options are with their respective matchups, the Mets have been arguably the best offense in baseball. I think that for this week that makes Striders in a lot of cases. But going forward, I think I'm still okay with him. I think he'll be better, but if I can get a OP ten SP value for him today, then I'd probably sell him.
Speaker 1: I kind of think I might be, like, I'm very open and encouraged that the Strider could be back, but in that same vein of like if someone was willing to give you know, if they it's like hardcore SP ten and they give me like an SP let's say like eighteen or nineteen, and then like another decent hitter, I might do it because I still have some general worries. But this also exists from having to make that decision now if the peak value is back and I'm getting one for one, one hundred percent value on Strider because I agree, I actually agree with what you're saying here too. That moving that to the Mets, I think I might be open to benching him as well, just because like, we just don't know what that quite is. And Ryan against Milwaukee's a solid matchup. Web is a solid matchup. Strider could be old Strider, but he also would get blown up, you know, it's all fastball slider. He's got to get those whiffs on the slider to be good. And I don't think the Mets are going to eat slider like the Rockies did, so I think I might sit him as well. And bed confirmed to ten team league. He had Schwellenbach, Crochet, d Gram Bubchen RP. So like it's you know, ten team sp problem that he was dealing with.
Speaker 2: Hell of a rotation man, that is incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. So that's a really good question. Let's see other stuff in here. Our big Dance asked are you starting Misrawski versus the Cubs in his next start after no hitting through five.
Speaker 3: No, I am not. The Cubs are one of the best lineups in baseball. He walked four guys and that started. It wasn't a perfect outing. I wouldn't risk it unless it's a pretty deep league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if from hugging ratios and stuff like that, I don't think I want I want to. He needs a little bit more before you're starting him against like the big teams. So that's where I would stick with that. That, my friends, I think is going to do it for us. If you guys have more questions. Don't worry, we got you covered. Wednesday on the YouTube YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros m LB. Piece of p on Myself will be live at four pm Eastern. Rico was with us last week doing it was the Joe and Joe Show Pizza Pa and Me four pm Eastern Wednesday. Go on the YouTube, make sure you're subscribed, and you guys can just rattle off your questions. We're there for a full hour, taken all of it. So make sure that you come and check us out on the YouTube Fantasypros dot or YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros m l B, and make sure you come and check us out here. Come in the discord and hear the show before it airs on the podcast, because you can listen to this show on the podcast always, but it is live on discord with an audience. Fantasypros dot com slash chat that is our discord and you don't need to read. They don't need this to be the reason to come and do it. But there's a bunch of free stuff. But you can come and hang out with us, and that is it. Joe Rico, any what are you more excited about? Otani pitching or seeing Devers at bat for the first time as a Giant.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't really care about Devers as a jot I know you grew up a Giants fan, so I know that that might be something that's kind of I know you're a Diamondbacks guy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you feel about it, honestly, but I'm more excited about Otani for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Barry Bonds was my favorite, but I grew up in the Bay Area. My whole family were A's fans. I was a Giants fan, but I moved to Arizona before the Diamondbacks were a team, So I am a literal lifelong Diamondbacks fan since they've been a team. But I'm pretty indifferent about it.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: They have not had a great left handed hitter since you know who, so it'll be pretty fun. But it is clearly Otani. It is clearly Otani getting his first first for I'm shocked that this is happening, by the way that he is out here doing this. I expect they're going to do a lot of these little openers for a couple of weeks, probably through the All Star Game, i'd expect, and then it looks like they're going to unleash him, which is good, do you think. Okay, last thing, will we see a six inning game from sho heyo Tani this season?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe, but it won't come until you know, September October that include playoffs you're saying, or.
Speaker 1: Just now regular season where we see him go six innings in a game, like six innings eight plus strikeouts. Will we see that this year?
Speaker 3: I could see it, but I think it'll be a little while. They're gonna slow play him like crazy. We're gonna see very very minimal pitch counts until probably post All Star break like you said, and then maybe they take the reins off. I could see, like last couple weeks of September, he just ever so slightly gets over six innings, But I don't think we're gonna see it a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say no, I'm gonna I think I'm gonna like you said, I think it's gonna be very very baby this process, and I think it might be slower than we think. But sho hal Tani is back, Devers is a giant. Everything is crazy, But glad you guys are here to get through all of it with us. For Joe Rico. I'm Chris Welsh. We'll talk to you next time right here on Fantasy Pros MLB. For cleaning up, We're out for now.
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB