Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to another episode of futt Around and find Out. I'm here with my girl as Shanty.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, what's up, fucks do? What's up? From Dallas?
Speaker 3: Wings up?
Speaker 2: Wings big, wings up? I see you in the Dallas merch already, girl. I'm so excited for you. This is really like your big girl job. It is, in fact, my big girl job. I'm in the w oh.
Speaker 3: I'm well, that's exciting. I'm excited for you. Okay. So we were literally together.
Speaker 2: A week ago, and so much has changed since then, and it's actually, it goes so crazy that it's exactly it's only been one week and we have so much to talk about. But before we get into that, let's talk about why it's giving pixelated over.
Speaker 1: There, rude, I'm just saying, oh, good WiFi, I thought. I'm currently in my new apartment in Dallas hashtag wings up, and I don't have any of my stuff. All I have is the stuff from the draft, so that'd be a Jordan suitcase and the suitcase I packed, which was like four purses, two pairs of heels, my toilet trees, the clothes I was wearing, and my passport.
Speaker 2: So I'm wearing all I have is wings merged and Jordan, You're essential. Okay, So no camera, no microphone, no lights.
Speaker 3: Oh you're really just stripping it down to the basics.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: Girls still looking great from there, and I'm excited to talk about everything that's happened in this past week.
Speaker 3: So me too.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where to start. I saw you the day after the draft, that's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: What did your Wednesday look like?
Speaker 1: Wednesday? I woke up the crack of dawn.
Speaker 2: We went to Good Morning, my booty crack, the booty crack of dawn like, Honestly, that whole week of wake up was that was so rough.
Speaker 1: So we woke up super early, went to GMA, which is amazing as always, got my hair makeup done, had a culttle outfit on God gives thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I got to talk to Michael Strahan, who is awesome, and.
Speaker 2: Then went right from there. We stopped at my agent's house so I could you know quick pee break had a change. But then we went right to the airport, got a flight to Dallas, came here. It was a Jose Is for Actually, first of all, jose left his ID.
Speaker 3: Before you get on a flight that's like the essential check Jose, let do bet it.
Speaker 1: Is so he almost to make the flight. He like came running up to the gate as soon as it was like last call.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: But it was his first first class flight and I was sitting next to him and he was like, these are big chairs. And they started bringing food out and like you get little like uh, the little like nuts before you get the rest of your food. He was like warm the nuts before he was sneaking out everything and he got food and he was like, this is so nice. I've never flown first class before, so that was really cute. And then we got to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, then we got to the hotel. This episode is gonna be rambling the whole time about how everything's been. And it was a big sign that said easy as a bride with a bunch of balloons, and it was really cute and everyone was there to welcome us. We took some pictures, had some hugs, said hi, and then we had dinner that night, which was like one of the best steaks I've had and a lot of time. Is this Thursday? So well it was someone's no, this is still Wednesday. Oh, excuse me, this is still Wednesday. Still Wednesday. Wow, okay, had the best stake of your life. That's Wednesday night. This is Wednesday night. Yes, tell me Thursday morning, okay, Thursday morning. Oh, Thursday morning. I had media. I had to do hair and makeup again. Yo, I'm playing the whole time. I can imagine I remember you left your life.
Speaker 3: This is the last time I'm getting my makeup done. That's it. I'm not doing this no more.
Speaker 2: And then I saw you Thursday at the press conference. I said, my girl, it is good. What's going on? My face needs a break. No more, I say, no more makeup. I have more media tomorrow. I'll be wearing makeup.
Speaker 1: Anyways, we had the press conference, which was I oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I was so nervous for it. I was like so grumpy, so crabby in the morning because I didn't want to go. I didn't want to go, but I was just dreading it like this is gonna be so hard, Like I don't know anyone, I don't know anything. And then we get there and some of the girls were there, some of the team was there. All the stuff.
Speaker 1: Everyone had like a touch of pink on whether it was like a tie a pole, like just a little bit of pink, and then there was like everyone had tiaras, there was a pink carpet. It was just super super sweet, and the fact that a lot of it was like five, at least five six of the girls came and like exactly, I know they're busy, they're working out, moving in, doing all their.
Speaker 2: Physicals and stuff. So it was just a super super warm welcome. I felt very loved and it was amazing. It looked amazing. I saw someone, well, I watched the press conference and then I saw at the end when you thanked everyone for coming, and I was just like, I was amazed, but also I'm like, like, you know, I was like, as they should have my girl, but not talking about the team showing up, but just everybody.
Speaker 3: You know, you being a No. One draft pick, I'm just proud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like they don't have to do that. They don't, they know, they don't. I am very and it looked amaze and I was happy to see it, especially with the pink in the Sierras.
Speaker 3: Girl come on.
Speaker 1: It was very personalized. Yeah, just so super intentional.
Speaker 2: So I'm hearing from you that your your first impression was your mind blown? It was amazing, great connections. What was it like meeting like your official teammates, getting to meet them the.
Speaker 3: Coaches outside of this press conference?
Speaker 1: Then I didn't like it was like more like a high and then like that awkward, you know, like like you know a couple of them, You've watched a couple of them, and so you're just kind of like sitting there like, Hi, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, like happy you're here, Like, yeah, me too, You're just sitting there. So, now that we're a few more days into it, it's been a lot of fun getting to know people and actually having real conversations and interactions.
Speaker 3: Who is some of the favorite people you got to connect with?
Speaker 2: Honestly everyone? Like honestly everyone, I I get so I love many new people, but I get so nervous many new people because just you never know. Yeah, but I've been so like pleasantly surprised with how like everyone's personality is incredible, like on and off the court. So I wasn't sure, like am I gonna get bullied like I'm a rookie, you know, and again.
Speaker 3: Bullied next week thirdday out Thay, Thursday.
Speaker 2: That is really crazy to think about, like, you know, you spent so much time at Yukon five years it was the big dog, and now you're kind of like starting over. It's almost like when you transition from school to the next school, Like you graduated, you did your thing at Yukon, and now you're the baby again, having to like figure out dynamics in this next part of your life. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, so I worked out on Saturday. Training camp started Sunday. I worked out Saturday and it.
Speaker 2: Was four of us. It was me, two other rookies and Alicia Clark.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I'm so excited to get on the court, Like I'm a little nervous, Like I haven't really I met the coaches, but I've been on court with them, Like I don't know what to expect. I watched Alicia Caark play, but I've never like she was there that this whatever week in the draft was, I don't even know if that was last weekend, whatever, Like I've watched her play. She was there, so I got to stay hi to her. But I'm like, I'm a gonna work out with them, Yeah, service for that, And I do, Like I start I usually start an hour before my workout whenever I go on court doing like my foot stuff, my soft tissue to wore myself up. And she was in there too, doing her foot stuff and ankle stuff and soft tissue whatever, and so I got to chat with her and it was really cool just to hear like all the similarities and then to get to talk to her, and I don't know, she's awesome.
Speaker 2: So like just getting I don't know, like I'm so excited, I'm so happy, but getting to hear from her. She's someone I've watched play for a while, So getting to I don't know, I just I'm like literally rambling out of No, It's okay, listen, this is like the ideal situation, right, you get there. You've watched someone play, you know, you admire someone that you are their teammate, Like that's yeah, that's crazy girl from like dangling, good teammate, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: No, for real, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Have you had the chance to check in with any of your other Yukon graduates who are now you know, positioned to play in the W two. Yeah, we've been texting. We have at our little group chat. You've been texting. They seem to be doing pretty well too. Carolin and I have been playing phone tag, so hopefully after this pod I'll be able to actually call her and talk to her. But Sarah said that things have been going well, so I'm really happy for everyone.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I want to know more about Dallas, Like did you get your text? Max?
Speaker 3: What's been some of the good things about it is? Is it warm? Like what's going on out there?
Speaker 2: It's actually like been rainy and gray? Yeah, I guess I brought the Connecticut weather with me, but hopefully that clears up. But training camp has been tiring, so as soon as I get home, I'm in the bed, I'm out, Like I roll out, do some more treatment, not treatment, but do some more recovery stuff like normattech whatever, boots on, eat some food, and I'm wake up. I'm wake up at seven, so I'm like, got no cake and calice here, So I'm in bed like ten thirty. But you didn't get a chance to try any text mix or anything yet. What happened?
Speaker 3: Been eating?
Speaker 1: My dad cooked the other day and so he made fire. Naturally, they don't know how to make for a small group of people, so they make extras every time. So I've had some leftover salmon. He made a bunch of mac and cheese, and I'm leftover queen.
Speaker 3: So that's good. I'm glad you're getting a home cooked meal while you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Seriously, they left Sunday morning, and it was like, Wow, I'm really like here by myself. I'm all alone and it's a new apartment.
Speaker 2: This is my partment. By the way. I don't know if I said that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna give us a tour or not. Next time?
Speaker 1: Uh, next time, because if I'm on my computer, then Grace is gonna yell at me, and Grace is our producer, then yeah, next time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm looking forward to it. I want to.
Speaker 2: Also, don't have any of my stuff yet, so there's no pink. That's why I can't show you yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay, we'll wait. We'll patiently wait. But the people do want to know have you gotten any cottage cheese? This is not me. I'm not asking about no.
Speaker 2: Cottage cheese, but the people want to know have you cheese in the fridge? Oh my goodness, I don't even want to have the question.
Speaker 3: She saved. She stayed for be got my CNA.
Speaker 2: Cheese, my yogurt, my ice, super Bears, I'm god the rest of the like the goods are coming in, but I got the essentially to hold me over.
Speaker 3: What was it like seeing your locker for the first time.
Speaker 2: Like, this is real? Is this really my lucker? That's crazy? Brand new locker after five years. You gotta put some pictures and pink stuff in it, Seriously, I do even putting like the new practice loop on and like seeing me in that green I'm like, this is weird. This is weird, but I like it. It's different. I'm excited to see you playing it more exciting things. You're back on the court web page. What's that like after not playing with her for about a year. It's been fun. We were actually on this team yesterday, well and today actually for I mean they mix the teams up, but yesterday we're doing five on five stuff like live for the first time, and we ran this one play and she gave me a perfect play. Could not have been executed more perfectly, Like I think it was Lee set me set like a perfect screen, got me open page, a perfect pass over the defender's hands, like right into my shop pocket, and I made it and I'm like, I forgot how good of a pastor you are. And she's like, really, it hasn't been that long, but so super fun. But even like obviously getting to play with her, but then like it's only day three, but like learning everyone else's playing styles and what they like to do with their tendencies, like where they like to roll or pop or where they want to catch the ball. That's been really fun.
Speaker 3: It looks like a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something your admins are putting in work. I feel like I'm in practice with y'all. Okay, I saw a perfect pass. You shot it for the top top the key.
Speaker 3: I was like, let's get it. But it's cool, like to get us.
Speaker 2: I'm not in Dallas, so I love to be able to see, you know, what's going on in practice. But yeah, speaking of you shooting it at the top of key, your coach came out and was like, he said, he had to tell you to shoot more.
Speaker 3: How did it even happen? Did you hesitate or something? What was going on?
Speaker 2: It wasn't even anything. I was just I was trying to, you know, share the love.
Speaker 1: I remember no more comment since I shut the ball, period.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for that. So other than you know, you've been played with Page who else? And you said you've been learning other teammates like tendencies, who else have you been building chemistry with?
Speaker 1: Training camp has been really good. It's been really hard. My body is super sore, but it's been so much fun. I mean just the newness intensity, getting to compete with everyone, getting to learn how to play with everyone, learn from everyone from the coaching staff, like learn the new plays, the new styles of play. Everything has been it's been a lot. Like I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't it's just been so there's been so many different areas, like physically on the court, but then like mentally, there's just so many components to it.
Speaker 1: But it's been so much fun. Like I've been in the same environment for five years at UKON, so not that you get complacent isn't the right word. But it's just like you learn the offense and we add stuff and but it's like, Okay, you get it your first year and it clicks, and then the next four years like I'm running the same stuff and I know what coaches expect and I know how to play with the same core and kick and Sarah and Ash and all them. We're now everything is brand new now. So it's been a lot of fun. Just I mean it's only been three days, but it has been so much fun to be on the court with everyone and just learn. I like playing with every one, like you know, building camps with everyone. But people who have been really helpful so far in CAM because it's a lot of learning, like Alicia Clark, Amy Alana, but they're super vocal and super helpful and just like constantly talking and helping, Like they can see my thinking face and they're like, Okay, go here, Okay do this, and then on the side they're like, all right, when you go there, make sure you do this, and make sure you do that, and this is open here.
Speaker 2: And it's just super helpful to constantly be told because it's a lot of moving pieces.
Speaker 1: It's a lot to someone who's new, like the pace, physicality, all of that is still new, still figuring that out. So having them is very helpful.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I mean, girl, you don't have a lot of time. You blink in your first game is going to be around the corner. That's crazy, that.
Speaker 3: Is crazy, Like you just finished playing.
Speaker 2: Oh nuts, So I say you've been rocking the low curly pony.
Speaker 3: Is this gonna be this diw you rock when it's game day?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's probably gonna be a game time decision.
Speaker 3: Okay, no more, No more braids by Jenna, No.
Speaker 1: More braids by Jenna. If you listening to this, oh I already miss you.
Speaker 3: Do you know how to braid your hair?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 3: All right, somebody don't know how to do that much with my hair?
Speaker 2: What? Okay, random sidebar because people do access a lot. Dude, what do you use to wash your hair? Whatever's in my shower? I'm crying. I'm crying dead all right, I can't. So Okay, well, not really a full pivot. But who you been.
Speaker 3: Hanging out with outside of camp?
Speaker 2: And I know you say your bed you sleep after practice a lot, but outside of.
Speaker 1: That, guys, in three days, I don't have any friends yet.
Speaker 2: Soon come, I feel like, like, give me like a month, you'll come back and be like, yeah, my bestie or not?
Speaker 1: I hope I am going to dinner with someone today and then I do have possible dinner plans tomorrow with other people, so like, hopefully they like me and want to hang out with me again.
Speaker 3: They will. I'm excited for you new community.
Speaker 1: And if they don't, you know what, that's okay. Like everyone has their own tastes, you know. And if they don't, like, yeah, that's okay. I'll accept that. We can just be friends on the court. No, I am really excited for dinner tonight, and I'm excited for don tomorrow because tomorrow's just be Korean barbecue. Interesting sounds good, well barbecue and Korean barbecue.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, I am not.
Speaker 2: So good like.
Speaker 1: To make it yourself, like right in front of you, and like it's usually like all you.
Speaker 2: Can eat some now, I know, listen, there's some good places in New York too.
Speaker 3: I believe it. I'll think about trying it. I'll think about it.
Speaker 2: It's not even like like a picky. It's the picky. Here's dream like. It's literally you could just eat meat. You could just eat like get rice and meat.
Speaker 3: I don't eat meat.
Speaker 2: Oh I forgot, Okay, then maybe I'll try it.
Speaker 3: Fish.
Speaker 2: So I saw socials Ac was saying that she hears her name in practice, but you too, I guess it sounds similar, like tell me about that. Yeah, So, like I said, we had a workout the day before training camp together and we're the only two guards, so other two people were bigs and so they would be like, okay, AC, you start here, and then they'd call me a Z. So a C and a Z sound very similar, so she went, they're talking fast winning drugs, like okay, as over here, AC over here, and I'm like, where am I going? Who's going where?
Speaker 1: And there were so many times where I would just like stop that would just glitch. They'd be like aasy up there, and I feel fully thinking they're saying AC. So I just stand there. They're like azy. I'm like, oh me, Okay. So now everyone's calling me fun, which is kind of weird, but I like it.
Speaker 3: Wait, they don't call They didn't call you fun in college.
Speaker 1: Only some people this like the black people called me fun, and now I am everyone's calling me.
Speaker 2: I'm dead. I'm so dead. Not only the black people is calling you fun. Well, it's an inclusive name. Now, seriously, the more the merrier.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I have never witnessed, and I'm sure many people have it.
Speaker 2: What uh.
Speaker 3: W NBA practice looks like.
Speaker 2: Now, obviously you don't have to break down every single thing. But I do want to know, do you guys like start with skills and trills? Are you hop writing some plays? Are you playing full court the whole time? Like?
Speaker 3: What does practice look like?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, so we started ten, but we start like our pre practice stuff at nine and then the first day we didn't finish.
Speaker 2: I finished my lift at two, okay, so not crazy, right, nine to two? Not crazy? Nine, ten, eleven, twelve, one two? What was in college? Like three to four hours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like this is in college. So I was thinking, you know, everyone's like the pros is different. Everyone comes back and they're like, oh, I forgot what it was like to being at college practice.
Speaker 2: Like, I can't believe you guys do that? Mind you?
Speaker 1: We did basically the same stuff we did in college practice, going from up and down, doing drills to break down to then live to then full court. I'm like, it just feels like college, but with bigger, stronger, smarter people. So you were prepared, Yeah, but I haven't played in a couple of weeks, so like my body is screaming, crying, throwing up right now.
Speaker 2: Know, Well, one thing I know about you, You don't play about your recovery.
Speaker 3: So how's that been at the next level?
Speaker 2: Amazing? The strength staff and the athletic training staff incredible. I mean, first of all, there's like at least four of them in that training room, so it's just like everyone's getting treatment. There's like what can you what do you need? What can I do for you? What can I help you with? And it's it's amazing. I've been the last one to leave every day because I'm like, I'm going to take full advantage of this. They're gonna be sick of me. They're not sick of you, not yet, but they will be. I'm gonna say, as long as it keeps you right for the court, yeah, yeah, I definitely gonna be locked in there.
Speaker 3: Y'all love it.
Speaker 2: So that has been great.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: I know you don't want to talk about your fits, but we did hint in the last episode about a certain package from the Jordan Brand Gang. If you want to get into it, I feel it. Can you tell me?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: As this is Beastie like shout out to Jordan Brand because I was super excited to be able to receive two of these bad boys.
Speaker 3: But my goodness, the packaging is huge.
Speaker 2: MM hmm, BT is a good word for it? Would you say? I said BC is a good word for it.
Speaker 3: It literally is all right, So y'all can see this is the gold medal.
Speaker 2: I have not been in the weight room like ac so I'm shaking right now and inside this gold medal acy. Do you know what's in here? Yes? Unboxing live, unboxing live, unboxing come around? Whoa, this is so cool? Oh my gosh, do you want to speak to these these shoes? The shoes are fire.
Speaker 1: That's their I think it's their Air series so it's like the women's one. So it's a hairtail on the back, which I think is the coolest thing. Right, Am I tripping?
Speaker 2: Or is the hairt don't know what it does as a hairstar on the back? Air Series two and you know what they put in the package? Two freaking gold medals.
Speaker 3: It'd be crazy if I start walking around like these are actually like mine?
Speaker 1: It would Wait now I have to tell them what there's a quote on it.
Speaker 2: There is So this is from Maya More and the FISA Collier Our girl and this one is the FISA Colliers and it says Greatness starts within. Never stop believingmen inspirational, and this one says, prepare like a champion, be in each moment, be a great teammate. The rest will take care of itself. I'm motivated, I'm inspired. I'm so inspired. Forget the off day. We're going to the gym tomorrow. Girl, would love to you know, we should really record a workout one day.
Speaker 3: I would love for you to try to lead me through a workout.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. I'm not that bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, not too much on me.
Speaker 2: I've been in the gym for the last week. Okay, period, summer body coming soon.
Speaker 3: Oh god, all right, that was just one. And this is the second one, silver, silver metal, shake my boots out.
Speaker 2: Ah. And in this one there's two shoes, two pairs of shoes. Bow. These are so fire. They got a lifestyle one and a basketball one. Tell us about these, I will. I'm gonna pull out the basketball ones first. Oh my gosh, fe go they are those there, Thank you so much. I believe these are the Maya pes. Yes, come on, this is fire, this right here, come on out, thank you. And then this one for the casual wear, the sixty plus lowe mm hmm. They hooked you up, girl, They hooked us and go wrong with some white shoes, white and black. I wish i'd packed mind.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, girl, you're really living out of a suitcase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all right, you all come. So when are they supposed to pull up on you? I don't They're doing a whole world tour, so I don't even know what. What do you mean world tour? They make your stops, I guess they They started in Connecticut and they went home so they could unpack some of stuff I didn't want, and then I had a couple of things at home that I did want. Then they're driving from DC to Florida because my uncle's getting married to going to the wedding. And then Jose is flying from Florida to Phoenix to pack up and drive home with his girlfriend from college. But he's gonna stop in Texas on the way, and my mom and grandma maybe definitely my mom are driving from Florida to Texas and they should get here at the same time, so they're gonna help me unpack, they're gonna help me move in. And then yeah, yeah, it's given.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be living out of the suitcase for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: For a minute for a few days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all right that Dallas merged wings up.
Speaker 2: They hold.
Speaker 3: They hold you that or you know, you can go shopping.
Speaker 2: I don't like spending money. I know you say this, but like just a little bit, especially on things that I already like. I have enough clothes. I don't need to go chopping to buy more. I can wait, that's fine. I have to save the money for all the food I got eat.
Speaker 3: I'm crying. Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for our futing games. M m hm. The first butting game is the Southern translation. You're gonna try to guess what the Southern phrase means. You get a bonus point if you can use it in a sentence relating to your experience in Texas. All right, okay, okay, first one. Wait, I love this. First one, bless your heart. Wait, I have to say what it means and then using a sentence.
Speaker 3: You get a bonus bonus point if you use it in a sentence.
Speaker 2: But yes, okay, bless your I feel like this can be used in different ways, like.
Speaker 1: But it's like, how do I define it? Okay, I can use it a sentence like, well, oh, bless your heart, you're just a rookie, you're trying your best. It's like a it's okay, or but it's also like a it's like a nice way of saying like it can be like and it's okay, or like a oh it bless your heart, like you're so sweet like that.
Speaker 3: Kind of thing. Mm hmmm. So it can be genuine sympathy right like you're so sweet, or like I understand what you're going through, or a polite insult like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: A polite insultant. Next one, fixing too, fix into.
Speaker 2: Oh like that you're starting to like something kind of like I don't know.
Speaker 3: It says about to do something like you're you're fixing the get up.
Speaker 2: And work out, Like this is the South what I'm saying Finna. I feel like Finna is Southern too. I mean, i've I will say it down here. But is that like there?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess it is spinna too, Like I'm finna get up, I'm fixing it, get up?
Speaker 3: Same thing interesting.
Speaker 2: Next one, That dog won't hunt. Huh, I never heard this before.
Speaker 3: That dog won't hunt. You're useless, yo.
Speaker 2: It means that idea won't work. What girl that was the first time I've seen it. That dog that I won't work all right. Next one, don't let the screen door hit you. Oh I've heard this, well I think that is it not the same as like, don't let the door hit you on your way out?
Speaker 3: Yes, So what does it mean?
Speaker 2: I don't really know what it means. I've just heard it. It means goodbye and don't come back. Okay, yeah, I'll say like get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next one, he's all hat no cattle that he's all talk mm hmmm mm hmmm, all had no cat.
Speaker 3: I never heard that one either.
Speaker 2: Next is like a chicken with his head cut off, clueless, like he doesn't know what he's doing, acting chaotic or frantic. Okay, this one kills me. Ready, Go see a man about a horse. Hmm. Go see a man about a horse.
Speaker 3: Yep, go see a man about a horse.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. It means leaving without explaining where you're going. It kind of sounds like, you know, when you make up something like oh.
Speaker 3: I just have some socks to fold, or like leaving without any explanation.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. Can Grace said, it's like if you're going to the bathroom or to get a drink.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying like I would be like, oh, see you later, like I'm going to see a man about a horse.
Speaker 3: Who who's these things?
Speaker 2: Who? The next one, Yeah, I've never heard that. Okay, full as a tick, Full as a tick.
Speaker 3: You're full, yes, very full after eating, so after you go to dinner you can be like, I'm full of a tick. If they're from Texas, that probably shocked them. Okay, m I don't even know how to say this ready, caddy wampus, caddy wampus, caddy wampus.
Speaker 2: I definitely need the definition and the sentence sentence. Okay, So it means crooked, off balance, are not lined up. Oh, I'm going to take this one, but I can't. I mean, I guess what would you use? That looks caddy wampus. That's kind of caddy. Oh that's rude. That hairline is caddy wampus? All right? Next one is acting ugly? Uh, acting a fool, behaving badly or rudely?
Speaker 3: Like, oh you acting ugly? Stop it? Mm hmm all right. Last one, I'm finer than frog hair.
Speaker 2: What do frogs even have hair?
Speaker 3: If they do, you can't see them they're extra fine. Which is.
Speaker 2: Is that? Okay? I'm so many questions here. I don't get this one either, Like you're just saying you're fine, but so it means I'm doing great. So someone's like, oh, how you doing, I'm fining in frog hair. Okay, I'm gonna use that one too.
Speaker 3: I would love to see you use that one. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's a wrap on our southern translations. Are you would you say that was different? That was different?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I haven't heard half of those, but hey, you learn something new every day.
Speaker 2: But now it is time to move on to our what the fun of the week? For those who don't know are What the fun the week is? Something that happened this week that made you say, what the fun?
Speaker 3: Azy?
Speaker 2: I'm sure you have plenty me out there in Texas. I actually do have a really good what the fud should up? First?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Am I with the fun?
Speaker 1: Is our first night in Texas at dinner, like we just got there. It's a nice dinner. The staff is there, like it's the coach, GM's uh CEO.
Speaker 2: Like all the big guys, all the big dogs are there. And then me and my mom my dad Jose, we're saying Hi, we're hugging Jose, my brother Jose. My brother Jose goes to a coach, Fernandez, and he's like chatting with everyone, saying hi. He goes up to him and he's like, so, what do you do here? Like what's your role? No? He's like, uh, I'm the coach, And I'm so glad that I was not nexting them, because just hearing that story, I have like, no, but you know what, if it was gonna be anybody, it doesn't shock me that it's Jose. No, no, no, that's kind and say what do you do here?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: I probably would have been on the spot. No, seriously, like, forgive him, coach, I don't know him. Actually he just showed up, Like actually, security, get ahead. We just picked him up. We really don't even you've been following me around. I seriously, get him out of here. Oh my goodness, Jose, please, oh my gosh. What was What was your coach's response?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: I think you guys just looked around and was like, I'm the coach of the team.
Speaker 3: It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I can't need to ask him about that tomorrow or if I see tomorrow if I seen tomorrow, I'm gonna ask about that because I cannot believe they did that. No, yeah, that's insane. I really don't have about the fun of the week. What the photo week is, everything that's been going on with you?
Speaker 3: What the fut of the week is.
Speaker 2: These precious metals, the precious metal pad. That's my the fun of the week. That really did make my week though, I'm not gonna lie. Super cool, precious, the metals are super cool and the shoes are cool. Yeah. I can't wait to put a little fit together, Little Jordan fit mom this summer.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, that is a wrap on today's episode. Thank you guys so much for listening and tuning in. Don't forget to rate, review, and subscribe to fut Around and find Out wherever you get your podcasts, and we will see you next week, hopefully with some proper podcast equipment. Fut Around and find Out is a production of iHeart Women, Sports and Unanimous Media. Executive producers are Jesse Kattz, Eric Payton, Charla Sumter Brugette, and Stephen Curry. Co Executive producer is Kleana Maria Cutney. Producers are Mike Costarelli, Grace Viughs, and Mackenzie Fitzpatcher, and.
Speaker 2: Co producers are Kurt Redmand, Maya Howard and Jacquelin Schoeninger.
Speaker 1: This podcast is edited by Mike Costcarelli and hosted by me Aisy Fudd and Ashaunty Plummer