Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he is Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Six past second Pascot TI touchdown and now.
Speaker 3: Your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: Thanks. Welcome to Talking Cowboys Hellout for Friday, the thirteenth of December. Boys, it is a same with You're Just Friday.
Speaker 3: Live.
Speaker 4: We're from the s WBC podcast studio here at the Star and Sco. I am joined by Isaiah stand Back. I am joined by Jason Voorhees aka Patrick No C Walker no C because he can't see currently emphasis on the sea exactly right. We have Christopher Biemer in the back. I am Josh Roriguez filling in for Kyle Yeomans. A special shout out to Kyle Yeomans and his boy Mikey, who's sick today. Uh get well soon, buddy, and uh we're we're praying for you buddy.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So uhad duties dad, duties, daddy. That's what happens man, right.
Speaker 2: Spaghetty Baghetty, how.
Speaker 4: We were doing today boys, Friday the thirteenth, filling it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm feeling it because it's oh yeah, crazy morning. Yesterday was crazy, yesterday's, Thursday night's game.
Speaker 4: Thursday night's game was crazy. I definitely want to get to that. I want to get to that. Do we want to get to news and notes first before we jump into Devondre Campbell.
Speaker 2: Talking about how that.
Speaker 4: Shamboles love that the officer in sham Let's do news and notes first, So.
Speaker 2: News and notes will hit it. Let me get so first and foremost. We talked about Cooper bb likely not playing. He's still trending toward that, still remains in a concussion protocol. Did not participate in Thursday's practice, So I just I don't see him taking the field. I would be shocked if you did.
Speaker 4: And if you're listening to Talking Cowboys at all this week, you knew this would be the case, and you did so you do. We informed you, so we told.
Speaker 2: You first yesterday. Now, Buddy Johnson, this is where this becomes key. Buddy Johnson, he missed yesterday's practice with an illness. You're gonna need depth at linebacker. I like Buddy Lee. Yeah, Buddy's Buddy's good people. Bud, He's good this time of year. Buddy's good people.
Speaker 4: Maybe the moon can't be a healthy scratch this week.
Speaker 2: He absolutely cannot cannot afford it, no way, cannot afford to be no way, no how So we'll see if Buddy Johnson the bug that he's dealing with, if he is able to practice today or Saturday. Keep in mind they'll have a little bit of practice on Saturday. Maybe he still has a shot of making the trip to UH to Charlotte. But if he can't go and you've obviously lost to Marvel over shown you're going to be really, then you.
Speaker 4: Meant to see some more. Buddy Johnson also shouts to Tommy Arms, who did a great piece on earlier last week. Maybe not vigil or Nick Vigil. Huh maybemaker Nick Vigil.
Speaker 2: Because if you're talking about linebacker depth, then we are. Eric Kendricks hasn't practiced this week either, now, so who are your starters? His hold on his has been due to personal reasons. Okay, so he's listed with the shoulder, but he's been dealing with that shoulder for a few weeks all year basically, But he's missed with personal reasons. So that tells me that if he is able to practice either today or tomorrow, honestly, because it's for personal reasons, he may not need to practice this week and still be able to make the trip, is what I mean. So physically he'd still be healthy and good to go, and they need him, so they can't really afford to leave him behind if the personal reasons that he's missing practice are all ironed out. So we'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 5: You feel as if the travel games give these guys the organization less time to make decisions on last minute guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you got the flight leaves at like two two thirty pm Central time, versus if they were at home, correct.
Speaker 4: They could take the time to correct the right people.
Speaker 2: There's that the bus to parts here for the UH for the airport, and around twelve forty five, So you got to make a decision on if that player is going to be plactive around traveling basically around noon. Try the people to know that there's a difference. Yeah, of course, I love it. Nick Vigil speaking of he hasn't practiced this week, but to be fair, to be fair, he is missed at last week or the week prior, so it just shows up parts.
Speaker 4: He shows up and makes places. That's special teams Ace. What's weird about Nick Vigel is that like he's always it's very consistently not practicing, but he is showing up consistently.
Speaker 2: The job in the world to me, Yeah, yeah, it's not bad. It's not bad. Trayvon Diggs and we'll come back. Tyron Smith, right, Trevon Diggs limited with a knee c J. Good when limited with the hamstring, Ceedee Lamb limited with the shoulder, Doing Lewis limited with the hamstring. All those guys are expected to play. I would say of those, just keeping an eye on Digs and Good when digs because it's a short week after his return and I don't know exactly how his knees reacting. Obviously not too poorly because he's participating, but we also saw Marshawn Kneelan not play the game after his return, so because when it comes to that, you know you gotta be careful. So keep an eye on that. Everybody else. Tyler Guyton he's full participant twice this week. Interested to see if he gets some reps at left tackle or if it will be like a split between he and tumor. We don't know, but that offensive line. More shuffles, maybe more shuffles, more shuffles.
Speaker 4: And they've been doing a decent job with all the shuffling.
Speaker 2: More than decent. K Kaufman and TJ. Bass to the rescue you rescue rangers, rescue rangers. If you go.
Speaker 4: More of him usition coaches.
Speaker 2: Now that song stuck in my head.
Speaker 4: Risk, Yeah, Joe.
Speaker 2: Development is a thing. People think that development stops it in college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, Like you're getting the player that you got in college.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 4: Continue to develop in the NFL absolutely.
Speaker 2: And if you can't, if you can't, then you get replaced. Big facts.
Speaker 4: I mean even players on this team now developing from the UFL or the XFL. You know, it's like you see that growth too whenever they come here.
Speaker 2: And just because your professional doesn't mean you can't learn extra large degree.
Speaker 4: Extra large degree double X if you will now boys, all right, I wanted to jump into this really quickly. It is it's nice to be able to talk about the op who's doing arguably worse than you are, not necessarily record wise, because I think we're all the ways though in all the ways, like I think we've talked about a lot where I.
Speaker 2: Have one more win because they played one more game.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: But to be fair, this team is not doing well. Our team obviously, but what we've talked about before, they haven't given up in any aspect. The players are still playing really hard. And you see the forty nine ers and what they've become this year, which is pretty surprising. I did not expect this for the forty nine ers. They've also been dealing a little a lot with injuries. But you saw not only Deebo Samuel, who is very vocal in wanting to get the ball, who's not really performing very well. When they threw him the slant, he dropped it right and immediately he wants the ball, but he drops it right away. But the spotlight is not on Deebo Samuel this week. It's on Devandre Campbell, linebacker who quit halfway through the game.
Speaker 5: Whoa wait a minute, quits A strong word, josh, And yet that's the right word, and that's that's the.
Speaker 2: Quit means that he walked off the field and doesn't come back in That's what happened.
Speaker 4: That's what happened.
Speaker 2: Oh, you got put in his walking papers for the game, for that game, for that game, it was any game that well they might give for his career. Yeah, probably because this is not the first offense for him. It doesn't matter if it was the first offense.
Speaker 4: You don't want picture.
Speaker 2: Well, various wards said it best. First of all, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. The Cowboys have been through so much right now. The Cowboys have been through so much crap this this year. And some of it's been self inflicted wounds. You know, a lot of it's been self inflicted wounds, but so much of it has been just Murphy's law. And every week there is a new rock bottom that this team is forced to deal with. And this week it's Marion over Shown. Last week it was Zach Martin, and the list goes on and on. And this is not to the injury aspect of the forty nine ers, because you hate to see guys get injured. That's not what I'm talking about. But you talk about losing locker rooms, locker rooms being completely shattered. So much of the narrative over the past several weeks it was either the Cowboys h McCarthy's losing his locker room, or people are waiting for McCarthy to lose his locker room. Meanwhile, out there in good old California, Kyle Shanahan has lost his locker room. No, Kyle Shanahan has lost his locker room, and guys are cannibalizing each other at this point. Tarvarius Ward, just so everybody knows, who didn't watch the game last night, Kyle Shanahan had an injury at linebacker. He looked to Devondre Campbell and tried to send him back into the game. He and a couple of other assistants. Devondre Campbell looked at all of those coaches and said, I'm not playing. I'm not going back into this game, took his ball and went home more or less went to the locker room afterwards.
Speaker 5: He was disappointed before that because he had been the starter while green Law was out.
Speaker 2: Professionalism is a thing, and you know it. Handle your business how you need to handle your business. And like you also said, you don't come back from this because the other thirty one teams are looking at this as well. You are now a quitter.
Speaker 3: You quit on your team in a game.
Speaker 2: They absolutely had to have to keep their playoff hopes alive. You not going back into that game all but sealed the fact that they're not going to make the playoffs. So when you look at your various wards quotes and he says that that's some sucker to me. And when a player is in front of the cameras and says, quote, he's probably going to get cut soon end quote.
Speaker 4: Yes, his teammates have given up on him kittling and said, I've never been around anybody that's ever done that, and I hope I'm never around anybody that does.
Speaker 2: This is delicious, delicious. This is delicious, as delicious as that breakfast you're eating. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry when it comes to the injury aspect of it. I hope all those guys get well. Don't want to see anybody on any team Garsinger effort. But when you talk about the shambles that the locker room is in, eating each other, quitting on each other, oh, I thought that that was supposed to be.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys, right, Yeah, apparently so okay, And I think a big fact of the matter is that Drake green Law, obviously coming back from that injury, he was on a snap count. He's on a snap count and you have an opportunity. Now, Campbell, I'm saying to put the tape out there, make yourself, yes the starter, make yourself.
Speaker 2: To make it hard to give the job back.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly that. But his his instinct there is to give up on his team. That's unfortunate, Isaiah. Have you ever seen that before?
Speaker 2: No, you would have the same reaction those guys had. Was it some sucker stuff? Absolutely suck.
Speaker 5: He's selfish, selfish, he's in his feelings, he's being sensitive, he's being selfish, and he just costs his career.
Speaker 2: Luckily, he's already played eight years.
Speaker 5: Luckily he had a one year, five five million dollars deal that he's already received a majority of.
Speaker 2: Because that's probably going to be his last check. You know what, I just want to be clear and we can.
Speaker 4: Move period, because who wants to sign him after that?
Speaker 2: I'll be clear and we'll move on from it. Because it's talking cowboys, not talking Niners. But for anyone whoever wants to know what quit looks like, that's what it looks like. That's what that is.
Speaker 4: And they've been having turmoil since training camp. If you look at a contract situation with Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 2: Which one was worse him or Antonio Brown.
Speaker 4: Antonio Brown is genuinely a sick man. I think this is worse.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 4: I think this is worse. That's fair, Antony, because you know what you're getting with Antonio Brown. You knew what you were getting with Antonio Brown, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: But Antonio Brown's actions also this quite literally cost the forty nine ers. Not to say that this guarantee them a playoff bid, but they needed this win in order to even remain in that conversation. Now they lost the game. Now the Commanders have the tiebreak over them. They're basically done. You you took that away from your entire team and organization.
Speaker 4: How how how you come back from that?
Speaker 2: How could you exist in that locker room or in that building. No, they're not even going to allow him back in the buildings. They're going to have this stuff on the front yard. Just drive by, pick up your bag.
Speaker 3: I mean, you lost the guys. This does tie to the Cowboys and away.
Speaker 2: How was that talking to me?
Speaker 7: So remember Cowboys signed Eric Kendricks on March fourteen.
Speaker 2: The poach we poke on March fourteen.
Speaker 7: So I went back and looked at when when Campbell signed with San Francisco.
Speaker 4: March fifteenth, the next.
Speaker 2: Day, looking good.
Speaker 8: Reaction is talking cowboys, so it ties to the cowboys.
Speaker 3: So Kendricks was going to be on San Francis Bieber.
Speaker 2: You're saying, I get to say the following we did this to you. That's not what you really wanted to say. You wanted to pull a David Pelle. I did, but I don't want us to get fined.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I was looking at me.
Speaker 4: He's like, when did he get signed?
Speaker 7: So I was going through the thirteenth transactions and said, yeah, mister, just the very next day.
Speaker 4: Interesting sixty degrees. All right, boys, it's time to go on to cowboys talk. Since this is talking cowboys after all, it's the name of the game, is the name of the show. But we need to take our very first great come on, Josh when we come back, boys, Chilly Dog, we're all but out of the playoff picture, but we have questions that need to be answered us for last four games. We will answer those questions or we will ask those questions either way when we come back. Both from these messages.
Speaker 9: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back. You need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee. Today, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savanna. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles parz.
Speaker 10: But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 11: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flame. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 4: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys Live. In this WBC podcast, we're a sponsored by Black Raffle Coffee. In this segment is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Please, if you would like to buy your oats from the internet, use the Quake ar code in the left hand corner and buy them that right. Just as our forefathers intended with their powder, eating oats, berries and stuff in it, you know what I'm saying, How long do you think they waited until they put maple syrup in and they were like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh no. They were more focused on putting their foundation on what before the powder we had.
Speaker 4: They had to be all up, they had to cover up all the never mind, I can't say that right, but yes, but you get it, you know history, you get it all right. But by the way, callers, in our third segment, we do our pick them segment because the Beamer's bulletin and we have the dogs and we have the pick them. You can pick a part where you're gonna choose the Doallas Cowboys to win. Obviously, I almost won my numbers eighty eight t l K C B y S.
Speaker 2: Almost won my dog, first dog.
Speaker 4: You almost won your first dog.
Speaker 2: Close close, Caroline almost did it. They did. They did eight eight t LK C B y s twice because you picked Caroline against the Chiefs. I believe you did. This is my first time picking it. Might it might have been cal there Kyle.
Speaker 4: Kyle's been picking the Panthers like since that that was it Manchester game against the Giants. He's been picking them.
Speaker 5: Dude, Hey Beamer, if the Cowboys this week are they is that picking a dog?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: No, because they're only three points.
Speaker 3: That dog is seven or greater.
Speaker 6: And you.
Speaker 7: You who knows all about picking cowboys when they're down like that.
Speaker 2: As they're trying to gag, that would be you, thank you, as they're trying to gain ground.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. A preamer bulletin man all right. Boys On Dallas Cowboys dot com, we have an interesting article coming out is that it's mail bag. Mail Bag. We have fans sending questions and they're always great. Thank you fans for sending in your questions. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Love fan engagement.
Speaker 4: We had somebody ask the question, what are the questions that need to be answered about this team in the last four games?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 4: What questions need to be answered about this Dallas Cowboys team? Only four games left?
Speaker 2: I'm going to cheat and look at my answer because I'm one who answers the mail. But no, no, you can't cheat. Already answered, well, you should remember answer is on the side, So I'm just going to read. Let me go first, Let me go first.
Speaker 4: All right, Rico Doll bam bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bab bam, bam bam.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, we've disrespected Rico. How was it that we had a whole Rico dance by mid season? But he's had one hundred yard games and we haven't done the Rico dance.
Speaker 2: We just did it like.
Speaker 4: You gotta give some love, all right. My question in regards to Rico dwell, should he have a chance to carry the load next season?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do we think that the Dallas Cowboys should be spending a top three round pick on a running back?
Speaker 2: Also?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: But yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. So you want to see Rico carry the load and you want to see the draft running back in yes, yes, really yes, and yes.
Speaker 2: I don't think then I don't think a running back needs to be in the first three rounds.
Speaker 4: So that's that's exactly my point.
Speaker 2: But you don't have a fourth I want to see, see that's the problem, a problem, No, that is the problem. Why don't you have a fourth that's them because you're sent it away for Jonathan Mingle the comic. But hear me out, that is why you don't have a rookie running back on the roster right now, because you sent a fourth away for Trey Lance. So the way the picks played out sounds like I can got kicked the man. You were forced to make a decision in round three either you were going to pick another linement which you use for Cooper Bee because you got that that extra pick and may foul, or you're going to have to wait until the fifth round. It almost played out in your favor that there were going to be the running backs that you wanted still available in the fifth round. But then there was a run on running backs atop the fourth round and you're lost out that could history could repeat itself again. So you probably have to go a little bit earlier than the fourth round because you don't have a fourth, so you got to go three unless you plan on wheeling and dealing some of those comps, fit them back and then you come back into the fourth round. But they weren't willing to do that last year, so I don't know that they're willing to do it that.
Speaker 4: I think your complex situation those a little better this year, where you might be able to get up into the fourth.
Speaker 2: You got to be willing to do it that. You have to be willing to team it loves their draft pick.
Speaker 4: I get it. I get it, But I think if the right running back is there, you have a chance to do it. I really do, but I I will take one in the third based on the last three or four games. I'm actually actively hoping that Rigo Dowdell's carrying the load next season. I think he can definitely do Obviously he's doing it now, but you give him some more time in this offense. You have more time to develop his chemistry with the offensive line, and you definitively say this is the dude. I think it's Rico dawdle Man.
Speaker 2: I really do. Rico being back to me is a no brainer. It's an absolute no brainer. Yeah, and on a multi year deal, whether that be two or three, because he's been grinding away through one year deals after the expiration of his initial rookie contract, So go ahead and give him a two or three year deal and and draft a running back to be his compliment. Because then that leads to my one of my questions that need to be answered. What's Deuce Vaughan's role in twenty five? What's Hunter Lipkey's rolling twenty five? And you are you are you gonna throw Dalvin Cook back out there to see if that's even Where's he been? He's still here, He's on the practice squad. See, that's my point. So my question is, outside of Rico, which is a no brainer, what does the what else is on the roster that's going to be worth retaining for twenty twenty five? Why is not playing?
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think they can figure out the role for him.
Speaker 4: I don't think the coaching staff, I don't think the play caller is necessarily he's gonna go. He doesn't have the same belief in.
Speaker 2: League going to go somewhere else and eat like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be with a coordinator that is able to design place for him to succeed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, true, true, true, we'll see. But for me, that's just one of the questions. I just want to know. You know, they definitely at certain positions where the Cowboys are for twenty twenty five. So, like, you know, who's in a similar boat as Rico is Jordan Lewis, Right, I feel like Jordan Lewis deserves He's on a one year deal right now. I feel Jordan Lewis deserves a multi year deal. And in that you need to figure out what's going on behind him because talk to me, stay with the chest.
Speaker 5: There's gonna be some competition for some of these unrestricted free agents.
Speaker 2: Oh like a guy like Jordan. Oh, I absolutely believe.
Speaker 5: Unrestricted free agents who have relationships with previous coaches.
Speaker 2: Jordan chose to be chose to stay here because he was stuff. They came, they came in, they came.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of uncertainty though they came. Oh no, absolutely, because free agency is are two weeks straight, two street.
Speaker 5: But even still, I mean going to a new team, going to a new team that's unproven, you don't know what you're getting into. Versus seeing what they're about and now have an opportunity and some one team probably has more more bag than the others.
Speaker 2: But you also to that in that same discussion, you also don't know what the defensive side of the ball looks like. Coaching Zimmer is on a one year deal. A lot of these assistants are one year deals. So that's a good question to robust converse. You guys believe that Zimmer gets brought back. I have no cluecar that defense has certainly improved.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's the question that needs to be answered. If McCarthy comes back to Zimmer come back, that's on the new head coach.
Speaker 4: I would say, if.
Speaker 2: McCarthy comes back Zimmer, then I say, yes, yeah, I would assume that you because the back end of the season, Zimmer his defense has started to trend upward and show some real improvement despite losing some guys still not having Tank on the field, for example, missed several games. As far as the digs Bland Lewis Trio didn't get that until effective a week or so ago, right, and still their run defense is taking strides in the right direction. Takeaways have taken strides in the right direction. So I do believe that if McCarthy's back in twenty five, I think that he keeps Zim around to see what the year two under Mike Zimmer might look like. I don't see it, because keep in mind, if he doesn't, then what are we talking about? Nolan? So that four that would be his fourth defensive coordinator entering in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: If Mike McCarthy's not here next year, I think Al Harris is your DC.
Speaker 2: I would be completely fine with it. I would be really had to kind of contain objectivity purposes containing because you need I would be want that you need.
Speaker 4: A sense of.
Speaker 2: I've spoken with him because.
Speaker 4: These def this defense has gelled well together. Obviously, new coaching staff this season made that really hard at the very beginning, but they're starting to get the rhythm now. I think you need some sense of stability on the defensive side of the ball. So I think I think I would hope he would want.
Speaker 2: I would also say this because give him an eight and dirty situation. Right at the shouts out to eight and dirty catch they were riding. This could be a situation going into this offseason where Al Harris teams they know now what Al Harris contributes and what he does development wise for these players. Is this his last year of his contract? I'm not sure, honestly that I'm not sure of. I'll ask him and I'll see if he might not believe that's a very important question. So if you're the Cowboys, you have to understand that this is going to be one of the highly coveted free agent coaches that are on your staff. He's going to get offers, and those offers might include a DC job here or there to keep him from leaving, might have to give him that seat here this that's going to be that la. That's the conversation. Would you be willing to possibly lose Al to keep Zim? That's the question. That is the question. So I read your answer and my answer is your answer, But they need to answer.
Speaker 4: I mean, but that's the point. This is for us to speculate opinion, and for me, I am not willing to lose.
Speaker 2: I'm not willing to lose it. I believe if it's an ultimatum, I'm not willing to.
Speaker 5: Believe that if McCarthy comes back, because I think there's a high probability of that.
Speaker 2: Now there appears to be if McCarthy comes back.
Speaker 5: I don't believe that you would be willing to I don't believe that Al Harris would stay for a position job.
Speaker 2: I see where you're going with.
Speaker 4: That, but be willing to stay for a coordinator job.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, That's what I'm reading between his lines because he talked about this offline. So, yeah, you're going to have to.
Speaker 5: I think you have to give him either he either gets a decordator position or he goes thank you have to give him those keys, or somebody else is going to give him those keys.
Speaker 4: And I hope the Cowboys are not willing to lose. That would be one thing. But what about yours? It was that yours? Yeah, that's your question?
Speaker 2: My question. Yeah, remind me we went off. What questions do the Cowboys need to answer as the last four games, field or coaching whichever. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I think that the front office has to figure out what they want to do with this coaching style. I think there's still a lot. I think they're teetering back and forth. I think they're out there at the top of the fence. They can't figure out what side they want to jump on. I don't think that the organization is willing to run the risk of the unknown. And and again, where where do you go you're not willing to I think there's only one coach. M I take that back. There's one coach that everybody is going to be coveting and everybody wants right that's going to be available, and that's Jonson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Neb and Dallas is not going to pay that. That's just the reality.
Speaker 4: History history shows. History shows that they paid Jason Garrett quite a bit to be an offensive coordinator that knowing that he was there.
Speaker 2: Were roots here, the relationship his dad had.
Speaker 4: They were based upon what would They're not afraid to spend money at the coach.
Speaker 5: Neb turned down last year and what he's going to demand this year. I cannot This is my person that this is my own opinion. I can't foresee this front off is cutting that cutting that bag.
Speaker 2: I just can't.
Speaker 5: So with that being the case, then you're going the pool of coaches becomes either who you have now or you're going with some coaches who.
Speaker 2: Have had ties quote unquote failed previous stints as head coaches perceive it, how you remain.
Speaker 5: At the same time, we perceive the perceived that perceive the word fail as as you as you feel right, but have didn't have as much have had previous head coaching jobs in the NFL that did not turn out the way that they wanted.
Speaker 2: There you go, So that's what you're looking at. But also keep in mind or college and I don't see a college.
Speaker 4: Coach coming up now. And I think that's pretty clear that.
Speaker 2: The cloth in Dallas is there's a comfort more on the the older, more proving guys. So whether you're talking about Parcels or you're talking about Bick Harthy and and again Garrett was the the outlier because of the roots that his family have with the Ownes family. As far as his dad was a legendary scout here, Jason Garrett, he was brought up in the organization, so to speak, and he was groomed for that role as OC and then ultimately for head coach. But as far as bringing in a younger guy from the outside who would also command a butt ton of money, I think those two things work against the Cowboys' tolerances, right, especially when you hear Jerry Jones say thanks like he said over the past couple of years. I don't have time for a bad time. Well, he probably is not going to go with an unproven head coach or someone with no head coaching or little head coaching experience, who, by the way, is also demanding a whole lot of money without that head coaching experience. I would be fine with that particular person. We can't say his name because that would be tampering. But I'm with Isaiah. I just I don't see it happening. So if even if they decide to move on from McCarthy, which time will tell, I don't know that they go in that direction. You have to.
Speaker 4: You have to be able to weigh all options. I think that's that's one that you can't just overlook because of previous experience with.
Speaker 2: And we we shan't.
Speaker 4: We will not, of course, no, you know, we'll just don't.
Speaker 2: We'll say it like it's something that they would pursue. What stranger things have happened?
Speaker 4: All right, boys, let's take our final break. When we come back, it is our Pickham segment. If you would like to do our Pickham segment with us, you'd like to pick for the fans, go now, please call us now. The number is eighty eight eight five five two two nine seven eight at eight t lk cbys. We will be right back after these messages from our sponsors.
Speaker 3: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah.
Speaker 10: Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 3: At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash for you fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Dear Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf, the official Agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com.
Speaker 3: Check it out today.
Speaker 6: YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and we're going to overtime Erica.
Speaker 2: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 13: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. You chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member.
Speaker 2: Fd I C.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys. Sponsored by Black Craffle Coffee. This segment is brought to you by in vis A Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 4: Which guy?
Speaker 1: This guy?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's smiling. You'd you guys just carry all right, boys, we got Larry in South Carolina. Shouts to Larry, thank you for coming on Talking Cots. How you doing today, Larry?
Speaker 11: I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 1: We go.
Speaker 4: That's my boy, Larry, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Did you do to dance, Larry? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there he goes very good. All right, Larry, it's time to pick our picks for the week. First off, we got the dogs and to present the dogs, Christopher Beamer with the Beamer bulletin. Do I need to present the dogs at the same time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Please? All right?
Speaker 7: So the the standings haven't really changed. Jason isn't first, and then we go to Josh who's in second. Well, actually, Josh and collar tied, but since Josh is here, you're in second. Okay, fans are third, and man, Isaiah, you had the worst week of them all.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 4: You went one in five last week.
Speaker 2: Bro, I believe it.
Speaker 4: You played in the NFL.
Speaker 2: That's right. I'm throwing it out there now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that do better?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 8: So the dogs this week, Larry, listen up, get a pen, whatever you want to do, all right. The New York Giants are a dog against Baltimore. We have New Orleans is a dog against Washington. That's in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: New England is at Arizona. In Chicago is a dog against Minnesota at Minnesota. Thanks to you, thank you. That's one spicy you meet the bye, Larry, kick us off. Who is your dog this week? Going with the Saints against the Commanders? I like it? I like it, crazy man Patrick Nocia Walker, what do you think, Buddy or Jason Vorheiz excuse me, Saints? We're going with the Saints against the Commanders.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to change it up because I wanted to pick the Saints, but I need to catch up to good old Pat over here and uh meet you at Crystal Lake. Buddy, give me the Patriots at the Cardinals. Give me the Bears for three thousand, Bears for three thousand. I don't think you're gonna get that one, buddy.
Speaker 2: Okay, picks will.
Speaker 4: Go as they will know, all right, Larry, let's get it, Betty. Jets at the Jags, who are feeling oh man, oh.
Speaker 3: Gosh, give me the Jets, the.
Speaker 4: J e t s the Aaron Rodgers against the Jaguars without Dogwars without Lauren. All right, I'm gonna go next. Give me the Jags to put a knife in the heart of Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Give me the Jets.
Speaker 3: Jags.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jason voarh he's going with the Jags. I like to see it, all right, Isaiah, kick us off next, Dolphins at the Texans. No Odill Beuckham Junior. By the way, they're gonna be missing a key to their offense.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: Give me Miami. I think Miami is really pushing for the playoffs right now. So Miami, I'm going with the Texans. What about you, Pat, Texans?
Speaker 4: Pat's going with Texans, Larry, I'm going to Texans, Going with Texans, all right?
Speaker 13: Me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are our Homers a little bit, just a tad. We got a great game on the way. Bills at Lions potential Super Bowl matchups, Larry, what are you thinking about it?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 4: I'm over Lions going Lions at their at home at Ford Field. I like it. I like it. I'm also picking the Lions. What about Tuesday MVP Josh Allen Sixth's Donnis potential MVP. I don't know. We'll see Jason Bills. He's going with the Jason to tear down the Lions at Ford Field? All right, boys, Uh, Steelers at Eagles. I'm gonna go first on this one. I'm going to pick the Pittsburgh Steelers, and those frauds.
Speaker 2: Give me a J. Brown for two d a J.
Speaker 4: Brown two hundred yeahs. He's crying over there, so they're gonna throw them the ball, all right, Jason, Steelers. Jason's picking the Steelers. His answer, Larry, South Carolina, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Go with the Steelers.
Speaker 2: I can't pick the Eagle for nothing.
Speaker 4: Love to hear it, love to hear it, all right, this is an easy one I know who the guide to my left is gonna pick, so I'll leave him last. I'll just leave him last. Create some suspense, all right, Packers at the Seahawks, Larry, let's go first, Packers.
Speaker 2: What going the.
Speaker 4: Packers of Green Bay? Jason?
Speaker 2: This is my favorite butt of the game.
Speaker 4: Yes, Packers, Jason is going with the Packers Green Bee. I'm going with the Seahawks. Give me the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: You know who the heck I am?
Speaker 9: I do?
Speaker 2: You know? All right? The Sean Alexander for the wind.
Speaker 4: Baby, let's freaking go. I would love to sean little Matt Hasselback.
Speaker 2: We want the ball.
Speaker 4: We're gonna score, all right, boys, final pick the pick we've all been waiting for. The Cowboys are going out to Carolina.
Speaker 2: Humid place.
Speaker 4: It's a humid place, and that's where our boy Larry is in South Carolina.
Speaker 5: I'll be there, Sam.
Speaker 4: Going to the game.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Hey, keep your eyes peeled for a Christopher Beamer. Keep your eyes peeled for Nick Eman, and keep your eyes peeled for Patrick nos Man.
Speaker 2: Beamer be down around field working.
Speaker 4: Beamer, be out there on the field working. All right, Larry, I have to make too much noise exactly, Larry, kick us off, buddy, what are you feeling?
Speaker 2: Oh? Cowboys? Man, cowboys?
Speaker 4: What's the score?
Speaker 8: Seven?
Speaker 3: Twenty seven, twenty one.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven to twenty one.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: Conservative pick, but always picking the cowboys.
Speaker 3: I love to hear it.
Speaker 4: Larry, thank you so much from Talking Cowboys. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Love you man.
Speaker 4: Take care of it, Go cowboys. All right, I'm picking the Panthers. I'm just kidding. I'm picking the Cowboys. Let me go thirty one to twenty eight. I think it's going to be a barn burner. It's going to be a shootout. It's probably the thirteenth Jason voorheez.
Speaker 2: Twenty one twenty Panthers out.
Speaker 4: Killing us on Friday, the thurd James Jason warreesmn you damn you?
Speaker 2: How dare you?
Speaker 4: To hell with you?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Isaia standbacks, you're uh let's go thirty four to twenty one. Man thirty four, twenty one, thirty four to twenty one. All right, Christopher Beemer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who you got?
Speaker 4: I don't usually pick on this show.
Speaker 2: You know that. I know? Are you saving it?
Speaker 3: Dallas?
Speaker 4: Since we haven't thirst scored?
Speaker 2: Thirty four? Who isaiahh Okay, I'll.
Speaker 4: Do thirty four twenty six, thirty four to twenty six. Good job, Cowboys. Be sure Dallas come.
Speaker 2: Isaiah did not state his team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say it. Didn't say his team clients. Yeah, it kind of blas Cowboys all right?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 4: Uh, Kyle for the record picked Cowboys twenty to thirteen.
Speaker 2: Is a snitch?
Speaker 11: Is he?
Speaker 2: Jason's a snitch? You snitched.
Speaker 4: I'll have all of Kyle's. He picked his dog was the Saints, he picked the Jets, he picked the Texans, he picked the Lions, the Steelers, Packers, Cowboys crazy. He's making some good picks. He's close to me as far as the RANKMS go.
Speaker 2: Who's first?
Speaker 4: Patrick? But I think he's been killed by one Jason Voorhees or are they won and the same it happens, you'll have the same face to be fair? All right, boys, we will be back on Monday to talk about a Cowboys victory. I guarantee it. Kay wait for Patrick Nosey Walker aka Jason Voorhees for Isaiah Stampapor pressor being the background. John Ferdriguz, thank you so much for tuning in. We'll see you next week. On Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 9: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.