Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. We made it to a Friday. Somehow, we're down a Danette. Pauli is off for the weekend. But Fritzy's here, Seaton's here, Marvin's here, and yours truly, and it is a meat Friday. In case you're wondering, smoked baby back ribs, bourbon, baked beans, cornbread.
Speaker 2: Who has it better than we do? No body. Tyler comes to me, and he comes to me sheepishly. He's like, Hey, the guys in the back think it'd be funny if we did baby back ribs because Paulie loves ribs and he's not here today. I said, yeah, are you sure? Because I don't want him to blame me. I go, no, he can blame me. I don't care. It's funny. You know when I had my shoulder surgery, would you do you had pork shoulder? It's okay, don't worry about it. So I gave the green light to smoked baby back ribs today. You're welcome eight seven seven three DP Show. I'll address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. The calendars are available Danpatrick dot com. In fact, we spent the last twenty minutes autographing. You can get the regular calendars at Danpatrick dot com. We do have some autograph calendars as well. And I will say this, and I say this honestly, the month of May is a picture of Fritzie re enacting Rocky three looking at Jake Paul and Mike Tyson yesterday. They do not look in better shape, look better than you when you did that picture.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a very nice company. I think you look like you could do some damage. And this is modern day Fritzy. Lord knows what you look like twenty five years.
Speaker 4: I'll still take a pass on fighting either one of those jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, I'm not saying you're gonna fight. By the way, now i'm watching it, I'm entertained by it. I don't know why I'm entertained by it, but I am. And I see Tyson smack Jake Paul and I immediately thought, ooh, they need some hype to this fight for some reason, or is Mike not picking up his end of the hype machine because it feels like it's been Jake Paul. And then we'll get a couple of workout videos with Mike Tyson, and Tyson's done some interviews, but Jake Paul seems to be carrying this. And then I started to wonder because people are rooting for Mike Tyson to knock this guy out. And my thought was, Jake Paul doesn't care if you hate him. He wants you to pay to hate him. That's all he cares about. He wants you tuning in so you can see Mike Tyson knock him out. Jake Paul is the favorite this fight tonight, and h we'll talk to a reporter who's covering this fight in Dallas. It's going to be big. It'll be a big box off, you know. And I go back to when Conor McGregor was fighting Floyd Mayweather, and I put that in parentheses. It would have been a lot more interesting if Floyd would have tried to be UFC as opposed to Connor McGregor, who's not a great fighter, was going to fight the probably the best tactician who's ever gotten the ring. It just wasn't any fun. And Floyd Mayweather is not an exciting fighter. He just is great, great at what he does. This is Jake Paul fighting Mike Tyson. Now granted there's a thirty year separation here, but we all think about when you say Mike Tyson, it's like all one punch, one punch. And Seaton was asking me how many fights of Mike that I saw, and I said, I said, I think between six and eight, and I think all of them except for one, were first round knockouts, and you just got accustomed to that. You had to be in your seat because it was going to end quickly, whether it was Michael Spinx or Joe Frazier's son. I was ringside for those. I was three rows back for those, and that once again you get a heavyweight title fight, and that's not what this is. But when you have that anticipation where two guys are going in, chances are one guy is going to walk out on his own power. There's nothing like it. Nothing and all the sporting events I've ever been to, when Mike would walk into the ring, and I've said this before, it's as if he left the car running. I'm going to knock you out and then I'm gonna go party, and you see that's what would happen. But Mike looks good, and there's eight rounds two minutes per round, So you know that extra minute. Fighters will tell you that extra minute. You know when you're gonna put on fourteen ounce gloves and you're gonna get in there and you're gonna go three minutes. Three minutes is a long time. If you've never just had boxing gloves on and sparred with somebody or done the speedbag, it's long time. And that's what I worried about with Mike, that if it was three rounds or three minutes per round, Mike's hands would start to droop a little bit and then Jake Paul would probably knock him out. But I think we're all rooting for Mike Tyson. I just don't want to see him knocked out. You know, you see these guys. I first met Mike in nineteen eighty six. I want to continue to have You know, we still see the Buster Douglas punch. We watched it this morning, when Mike's reaching for his mouthpiece. You don't want to remember him that way. But Buster was a better fighter. You know, Mike is a knockout specialist. And we've said before on this show, if you box Mike, you can beat Mike, because once he got past that second or third round. He knew he was in trouble. That's why he could never beat Holyfield or Lennox Lewis. They were great boxers. Mike is not a great boxer. But if he hits you, you're going down.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvl in real time in February nineteen ninety, when Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson, Like, what was the reaction when you told somebody or somebody told you what happened during that Tyson Douglas fight.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm at Sports Center, and I remember nobody was sending anybody to Japan to watch that, to cover that, because it's like Mike Tyson against Buster Douglas. Eric Clemens was a sports anchor reporter for the Mothership and we sent him. Well, thank god we did, because he covered one of the biggest upsets in boxing history. I don't think anybody thought that Mike was going to lose to Buster Douglas because up to that point, Buster Douglas was just a big guy, had talent, but not much more than that. And he caught Mike and that was it caught him. But I think I just want to see it a good fight, competitive fight, or at least the best they can. And I'm with you if you said that the following that slap looks staged? It? Did it looks staged like I would like for one of those guys to punch somebody, like not slap. And did Jake Paul step on Mike's foot? Did Mike show up in socks to the to the way in he had his speedo on? And I don't know, those things are always weird, like men really really really really close to him one another. I don't think I've ever been that close to a man before. But uh, in boxing or UFC, I'm gonna get so close to you, I'm gonna smell your breath, I'm gonna look into your eyes, I'm gonna pound you. And plus the language that they say to one another, what they're gonna do to each other, It's like, that's weird. But Jake Paul, Mike Tyson coming up tonight's plan accordingly. Uh, we'll have a poll question, play of the day, stat of the day, all of that forthcoming. Devin mccordy, three time Super Bowl champ with the Patriots, will recap what we saw last night the Eagles over Washington. Uh Ariel Helwani reporter for the Mike Tyson, Jake Paul Fight will join us and Brian Windhorst. We wanted to have him on so he could kind of clarify what he said where it was more of an opinion than a report about Bronnie James being in the G League but not traveling. And I thought that it kind of painted Brownie as a diva that he doesn't go on the road, And I thought, you know what, let's get Brian Windhorst on. Nobody knows that family better than he does. But I wanted to be fair to him of how it sounded to me. Yes, that's the.
Speaker 6: Tricky thing about what Brian Windhorst said, because statements like that tend to stick to other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know where two years from now, it's.
Speaker 6: Going to be like, oh, remember Bronnie wouldn't fly United, wouldn't fly Coach and now he's got a you know, he's not flying commercial anymore.
Speaker 2: What happened to that? And he didn't even say that somebody else did.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know, yes, those things stick to people and become that whole perception becomes reality kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, And when you're an insider, when you say something like this. You can have insiders, shouldn't have opinions because it feels like your opinion turns into a report. And Wendy has been on the show many times in what's he say, Hey, I'm not reporting this. We didn't say that in this instance, and it felt like Bronnie is, yes, he's being treated differently, but it sounded like he wants to be treated differently. So that'll be a little bit later on. We say good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. That's our streaming partner. Phone calls, we'll get to those coming up. Operator Tyler's sitting by and our radio affiliates around the country. We're in four hundred and ten cities around the country. So we'll recap the football. Saquon had two touchdowns in twenty seconds. If I would have said to Washington fans, the head coach Dan Quinn, hey, at some point your team is going to fall fall to seven and four this year, said sign me up. But Washington falls to seven and four, they're gonna need three more wins to make the playoffs. They have to go three and three. But if I would have said Washington, they're going to lose to the Eagles and fall to seven and four. If you're a Washington fan, you would have said, sign me up. And for everybody saying the following, Saquon Barkley, man, look what the Giants lost. He would not be having this season with the Giants. He's on the perfect team. The only other team that he could be doing this on would be San Francisco. If Christian McCaffrey wasn't there, he would not be doing this with the Giants. It's just like Derrick Henry wouldn't be doing this for the Titans. He wouldn't be doing this for the Dallas Cowboys. You know, you have to play situational here. Saquon Barkley's with the right team, just like Derrick Henry is. The Eagles beat the Commanders, so they won six in a row and this is the third con Executive year. The Eagles have had a winning streak of at least six games and they're rushing the football. It feels like it's built around Saquon Barkley. The running game is so important for the Ravens. The running game is so important for Detroit. We're seeing a shift and I thought we were going to see it, and here it is the marquee teams can run the football, and you see the success rate that Baltimore's having, Detroit is having, and Philadelphia Philadelphia's happening having. Todd, are you doing the pole questions today?
Speaker 4: We could seem still here to do the pole questions?
Speaker 2: Okay, well you just sent me about seven of them, so I didn't know it's a little aggressive. Well, it is a Friday. It is this Friday Seaton. You want to start us off with the pole question?
Speaker 6: Okay, sure, I've actually had I don't know that we've ever had more pole question suggestions in one day from a whole group of people.
Speaker 2: Well, this is collaborative with Paulie not being well coming out of the woodwork, Yes we are.
Speaker 6: Okay, yah, Well we could start with the obvious that's going to go up there. Who you got Jake Paul, Mike Tyson. Okay, if you ask this Seaton, who do you want to win? Who do you think will win?
Speaker 2: What do you think the separation the difference would be and the percentages there? Because it feels like Jake Paul's going to win, but I want Mike Tyson to win.
Speaker 6: Right, That's the feeling. I get, Yeah, that's very much. That's exactly how I break down. I really want Mike Tyson to win, but I think he's gonna get destroyed.
Speaker 2: I kind of do, yeah, But these things are always set up because I don't know. I covered so many fights in my days. It always felt like that guy's going to lose because they have to have a rematch so then that guy can win, and then then they have another one. It's like you got to have a trilogy. Mike's Mike's too old to have more fights. I think he might be too old to have this fight. What else do we have? Their seaton?
Speaker 6: Well, the slap has caused a reaction. Paulie sent this one in. Actually, uh, who thinks the result of the Tyson Paul fight has been dot dot dot predetermined?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought he was gonna say, do you think the slap was real? Well, that's gonna be another question. Was that slap real? Actually? I was wondering too.
Speaker 6: After feeling that slap, Jake Paul should be more confident or less confident.
Speaker 2: Well, he acted like it didn't hurt it. He's like turned. I think he was honored that Tyson slapped him.
Speaker 6: You know he stood there and took it, but his neck spun almost three hundred and sixty degrees. I mean that dude, he stood there and took it, but he got rocked.
Speaker 2: Did Mike also hit him below the belt?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Did he? Somebody said, hey, he slapped him, but he also hit him in the junk, And I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: He did like what your older brother would do, like he would go hit you in the face of the hitching the nuts. At the same time, liked Dave, Mom, Yeah, Mom, slap boxing. You gotta cover one. Come on, dude, Uh, here's one for you. Okay, we'll switch up topics a little bit, bigger overreaction. Jayden Daniels is an MVP contender or Todd is in just as good as shape as Jake Paul and Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: No, he looks he looks in better shape than those two guys. I'm telling you, I'm not lying. The months is a very deceiving the month of May. And I don't know if the French kid photoshopped anything, but you look like you, I'm telling you. And this isn't a ploy to have you buy the calendar. I mean it could be, but I'm telling you the month to may. You own it, and they have been holding my breath for a while. It doesn't matter you look, I mean you're ready to go. If you posted that and said this is who the winner of this fight is going to fight, and if they didn't know you, they'd be like, a guy's pretty jack there and you're around Tyson's age, super heavyweight to number one. All right, Seaton, I interrupted you.
Speaker 6: Uh, it's funny too. We could actually uh track the sales right to the minute when you said Todd looks like he's in just as good a shape as those two boxers. We could see if there was an uptick in sales that people were more interested.
Speaker 2: But can you find out if it's the female portion of the audience. I don't think we need to worry about it. Whoever buys it, Okay, No, we're not judging.
Speaker 4: I'd be just as flattered if guy has found me attractive.
Speaker 8: It's true.
Speaker 6: This is one from Marvin. Oh, Marvin, Marv getting in slow down. Everybody's jumping all over that. Wow, what's the best sports one hit?
Speaker 2: Wonder?
Speaker 6: That's a pretty good one. Don Larson's perfect game. He has Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson, Malcolm Butler, the Super Bowl interception, David Tyree's helmet catch. And there's probably a bunch that we can go through here. This is one that could roll though for a while. All right, that's fun. All right, let me take a break. Sliding into the weekend Slider Sundays. Our partners Kings Hawaiian. They want you to get together with family and friends, enjoy the weekend. Make every Sunday a Slider Sunday. Phone calls coming up. We got you covered today, We got everything across the board. We'll take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to Devin mccordy, three time Super Bowl champ with the Patriots. Get his thoughts on the Washington Commanders who fall to seven and four. Are the Eagles the best team in the NFC ors it's still Detroit, so a few things talk to him about back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: We'll settle on a poll question phone calls always welcome, eight seven, seven to three DP show Devin mccordy Football Night in America, Studio Anas three times, Super Bowl Champ Big Game Sunday Night, Chargers and the Bengals. It feels like every game for the Bengals is, Hey, this is their elimination game. But they're still alive here and I think they have the best odds to still make the playoffs of the teams that have losing records here. What do you make of this matchup, Devin, Yeah, it should be.
Speaker 3: A fun matchup, and I agree, which I think each week they play, I think we're all expecting to see like this coming out game where they just blow somebody out of the water, or they get.
Speaker 4: A big game and they keep falling.
Speaker 3: Sure, so it makes us say, oh, this team, they won't make it, they have no shot.
Speaker 4: But then when you go and look at the standings.
Speaker 3: You realize they might have the best shot out of anybody to get into that six or seventh spot and get into the playoffs. So I think this will be a big game for them against the Chargers, specially because they have to play Pittsburgh twice before the season ends. But I won't say they're finished even if they lose this game.
Speaker 4: But I think.
Speaker 3: Winning this game will propel them to definitely lock down one of those last spots in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: The other LA team plays against your Patriots. Like, this is a weird game for the Rams, Like they have to win this game. It just like if you said most must win game of the weekend, I would include this because if they all of a sudden drop out of playoff contention, I don't Let's look big picture. Is Sean McVay going to be back there next year? Is Matthew Stafford? Like do they do anything in the offseason. I don't know if it's that important right now, but it certainly is a weird game coming off a home game where you lost to the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Well, especially when you think back to a few weeks ago, right before the trade deadline, it was there's a chance Matthew Stafford gets traded to the Vikens.
Speaker 4: It's the chance Cooper Cup gets traded.
Speaker 3: Then they went Thursday night against the Vikings, and all of a sudden, it's they're alive for the playoffs and all of these things. So I gotta imagine if they don't make the playoffs and this season doesn't end in.
Speaker 4: A way that they feel good about.
Speaker 3: I got to imagine they make a lot of changes there and they start to move to the next wave or the next team of the of the Rams and what they want to do.
Speaker 4: And me and Mike Florio talked about it on Pro Football Talk.
Speaker 3: With the seventh spot in the playoffs, there's a chance the Patriots are looking like, if we get this win, why not us?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Why can't we jump back in and getting this hunt?
Speaker 3: So I think the Rams are being for a tough game at Foxboro early on Sunday, not a normal thing for them traveling from the West coast.
Speaker 2: Is it just a coincidence that we're seeing you got the Lions, you got the Ravens, you got the Eagles. They run the football, they're very successful. Is it just a coincidence or do you start to see that teams are going to rely on the run a little bit more than we have in previous years.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 3: I think especially how we talked about how the season started with a low scoring and not many pass attempts and passing touchdowns. You know, in the last few years, all we've heard about is devalue to run. We can get a running back anywhere, and we see these teams who have invested in their running backs. How big of a role they're playing at Saquon Barkley. You look at Jacobs in Green Bay, you look at Sonic and Knuckles, Montgomery and Gibbs and Detroit, like, these teams feature these running backs and they're coming through it. They're playing the big games, they're making a big play. So yeah, you know, playing in New wingand for thirteen years, Coach Belichick, you so always say running the football is the formula in the playoffs. It's how good teams become championship teams. And I think we're seeing that first hand with a lot of these good teams in the NFL right now.
Speaker 2: But also you buy into play action now. Play action really does mean something and makes these quarterbacks even better. Let me start with what Saquon Barkley is doing, because we can make an argument that he's had a better year than Derrick Henry and I don't think people were gonna say that a couple of weeks ago, but it feels like that offense is going through Saquon Barkley in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean even how the season started. Remember he's out in Brazil against Ring Bay three touchdowns to start off his Eagles career and all he's done since that has set up everybody else. So no matter what his numbers look like, at the end of any game, when you watch the game, he is setting up the throws to aj Brown, the throws of Devonte Smith. They're jailing Hurst one yard runs, you know, on the goal line. So this team has revolved around Saquon Barkley. And you saw last night as he gets going in any any given moment in a game, he can make one or two cuts and he's gone that play making ability from the running back position, running and catching the ball.
Speaker 4: The guy's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: And you know, credit to him of all to talk about him not being the same. He gets to a new spot and shows his value and I mean arguably could be, you know, the offensive player of the year playing running back the way he's played this year.
Speaker 2: And in fairness though to the Giants, I know they didn't bring him back. I would have brought him back. If I'm bringing Daniel Jones back, I have to have Saquon because Daniel Jones needs saque But Saquon wouldn't be doing this for the Giants this year. He's with the perfect team. Derek Henry wouldn't be doing this for the Titans of the Cowboys. He's with the perfect team. So I think, you know, everybody's going to bang on the Giants to say, how could you let him go? They should have let Daniel Jones go. And if you want to let Saquon go and then do a complete rebuild, I think that's where they made the mistake here. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think I think one of the biggest things. And you know, it's some situation for them, because once you let hard knocks in, we get to see everything. And I think the way they value Saquon Barkley, if you if you value a guy around the market and you understand, hey, we might be losing them for this price, and it felt like they thought they would lose him, possibly for like ten million dollars a year, when realistically a year ago they offered him more money than that. So I think if we would have taken this back a year ago, they would have matched that offer and they abule have paid it. But coming into this offseason, they just didn't think anybody else would pay him, and I think that's what stings the Giants fans as you watch hard knocks and them sitting there saying, well, no one going to pay him that, And then you find out Houston's willing, Philly's willing, and then you're seeing the impact even Joe Mixon what he's doing at Houston. You're seeing what these running backs are doing for their teams. But then the Giants fans take a breath and realize what you just said. Dan, even if he was there, you might win one or one more game, maybe two more games, but he wouldn't be the Philadelphia Eagles Sakuon Barklet I was seeing Now.
Speaker 2: He's Devin mccordy, and you can see him on Football Night in America's studio analysts won three Super Bowls with the Patriots. There's been a lot of talk about Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers led when he was on the field. He's not a leader, vocal leader off the field in the locker room. You played with Brady, so Brady led by example, but he seemed to be very vocal in the locker room. Can you give us an idea of maybe what Brady did as opposed to what Rogers is apparently doing or not doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll speak to Tom. I think the best part about Tom's leadership came from this old guy in the locker room. At some point he was the guys, you know, the guys on our team, the young guys. He was the same age as their dads, and he made sure that they all felt welcome. He made sure that they felt like he was just a friend. And I think that enabled him to be one of the guys. And then from a leadership standpoint, yes, he was gonna come in early, he was gonna do all those things. He's gonna go play great ball on Sundays, but when things weren't going right, he was gonna let everybody know it was unacceptable. There was a standard that needed to be met, not just on Sunday when people would see him slam the surface or yell at guys. This would happen in practice. You start a period off in the first three plays, feed bad. Coach Belichick sometimes wouldn't even have to say anything. Tom would start cursing, cursing everybody out and say start the period over. This isn't good enough. And when you get a player that does stuff like that, everyone right away takes a step back and says, oh, like I need to step up. And that was Tom every single day. And I think you saw that even though I wasn't in that locker room when he went to Tampa, but everybody else's level went higher to try to meet his. One of the best leaders, I got the opportunity to be around just day in and day out, leading guys by example, but also being a voice if he felt like that's what the team needed.
Speaker 2: Did you play in the sunshine in Dallas? I did?
Speaker 4: I did? Danny A. Mondola twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: He has a really cool picture standing back waiting to catch a kick, and I know he couldn't see the ball, but there's the photo that they got him with the sun hitting. It should be somewhere hanging in his house. It was beautiful, but definitely couldn't see the ball.
Speaker 2: Did he catch the ball? Let the ball go over and couldn't see it? But isn't a home field advantage? In fairness to Jerry Jones? Should this? Is this a home field advantage for the Cowboys? No?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, you can know the sun's gonna hit and you can try off the coin tossing all that of figuring out which quarter you want the sun but which which play in the game is going to be the play that decide the game, that's gonna be the big Like you can't determine only the fourth quarter matter. So we're gonna do the sun that way, Like you can't do that in a game. And I think we saw that with Ceedee Lamb as he's running across and he's open, but he can't see the ball like.
Speaker 4: That touchdown matters. You can't pick and choose that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's some things that to me become a home field advantage because you can practice in it. When we were in New England, we practice in the cold every single day.
Speaker 4: The cold was an advantage for us.
Speaker 3: You really, like, it's hard to practice the sun beating in your eyes and saying, hey, I'm gonna throw the ball at you full speed, memorize how it's coming and catch, like you really can't do that. So I do I do not see that as a home field ad vantish for Dallas.
Speaker 2: But you so you have to embrace the cold. You may not like the cold, but but you so, if Tampa was coming up or the Dolphins were coming up, why can't they embrace it? Why why can't they get acclimated to that.
Speaker 4: You can try mentally, but the truth is science. Your body is.
Speaker 3: Used to being in seventy five eighty degree weather, and as soon as you step off the plane, you're the win.
Speaker 4: Everything hits you like whoa.
Speaker 3: It was the same way when we would go to Miami in December and January. We would go inside our indoor, crank the heat up, make it super hot, wear a sweatshirt. In practice. When you stepped off that plane in Miami and that sun hit you, we knew right away it felt like we had walked into a sauna. It just your body has to try to activate right away and it never works out the way you want. You can fight through it being mentally tough, but it's an adjustment that's not easy to make whenever you switch those climates.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you had to see guys come on the field. Teams come on the field in New England when it's cold, and just see it on their face. Right.
Speaker 3: Oh, when you see guys out there in pregame and they got five hoodies on, they got gloves, a hat and they're over there and the hands are going like this NonStop. We would sit on the sideline and we was like, God them, we got them, like they're done, they have no shot today. So it was always fun knowing if we could play at home in the playoffs and get a warm weather team.
Speaker 4: We felt pretty good about that.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you. We'll be watching Sunday night. Thank you, Devin, No problem. Good to see you, Devin mccordy. NBC Football Night in America studio analysts, and they got the Chargers and the Bengals the most watched weekly studio show in sports for eighteen consecutive years. Well, I'll take a little credit on that. I think I was there for nine or ten years out of the eighteen years. Good for them. A couple of phone calls Buddha Buddha in San Francisco, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Buddha, no money, Happy meet Friday boys.
Speaker 10: Let's go pretty.
Speaker 9: Dan find minute poll question. Who's who's slap was better? Mike Tyson slap and Jake Paul or Will Myth slapping Chris Rock.
Speaker 8: But DP.
Speaker 9: Listening to Shak yesterday reminded me that he's kind of like a Charles in the sense that he's become a national treasure and I just would love to know what Shane Irving's reaction was to when Shaq said he's confident that the Cowboys would win seven straight games. I'm like, oh my god, but uh, I've never wanted Mike Tyson to win more in my life.
Speaker 2: Dan as an underdog.
Speaker 9: I mean, but there's a great video from when Ali was on the Arsenio Hall Show with Mike and Ali said he's scared of Mike, and then Ali said Tyson would win against him in his prime if he could catch him because Ali could dance.
Speaker 2: It just told her.
Speaker 9: Reminded me of the interview he had with Deon Sanders when he's telling his story about when he was trying to tackle Bo Jackson and Dion said, doctor fly.
Speaker 2: Boys, thank you, Bud. I have a good weekend.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ali would destroy Mike type like Allie was a big, tall guide. I mean, Mike couldn't beat Lennox Lewis. You're not he couldn't bet a Evander Holyfield. You're not beating Muhammad Ali. Not happened. Uh, let me see Dylan in California, Hidyll, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Hey morning, Dan Dans happy to meet Friday. Hey. I wanted to offer some condolences as a fellow sufferer of ADHD. And you know it could be worse. You could be Colin Coward. And yes I did say coward because he famously questioned your work ethic. Earlier this week, he talked about how Christiane Wilkins could possibly be a difference maker in the Dolphins rams game. Well, that's may be true if he was not on injurr Preserve and playing for the Raiders.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you, thank you for having my back. That was a long time ago that that colin my work ethic, and that would never happen again. But that's fine. We co exist. His show follows my show on Fox Sports, and he's doing very well. You should acknowledge the fifty producers we have in the back end, all the production people. That wasn't fair what what he said. I mean we we have a skeleton crew, but my crew dominates any other crew. Yes, don I second that. Friday Eric in Green Bay, Hi Eric, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hi Dan, Good morning Danny episode. Happy meet Friday. Dan at a Native Island. I wanted to encourage you all to take the road trip to the Hawkeye State sometime. I'm from Dubuque, Iowa, in the northeast corner of the state. Debuke's a very nice small city not very far from the Field of Dreams. Surrounding countryside is like chicken soup for the soul. There would be calling a picturesque. You won't regret the trip. But the real reason why I'm calling is that I've listened to you contemplate a trip out to Green Bay. I'm doing a show here during the NFL Draft next year. Now, I don't own a bar, but I do own a small professional building here, not too far from Lambeau is very modern, spacious, and architecturally very striking. I think beautiful Dan is a practicing dentist for over thirty years. I'd like to try to heal the apparent risk between the Dan Patrick show and the dental profession by offering you a use of the space during the draft next year. Yeah, it's an unconventional choice, mind you, But if I've learned anything over the years following the show, you guys are all very comfortable with the unconventional.
Speaker 2: Hold on Doctor Seaton.
Speaker 6: Yes, Eric, I just wanted to make sure that if you volunteered the space and we did use it, you can't talk the entire time while we're on the air, though, you understand that, right.
Speaker 2: No problem, Okay, great, Yeah, because when you're working on people, you're constantly talking, but when we're talking, you can't talk.
Speaker 11: Eric, I'm just going along with the big guys as a bonus. As a bonus, there's a bar about two hundred yards out my front door with golf simulators inside. Is an extra enticement, So take it over.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what. I'm going to have Tyler take your information, Eric, and then we'll reach out. So we want to go to Green Bay for drafts at the draft and if somebody wants to host us, then great, but we would like to have our audience be able to watch the show. So it's a big deal. And the Iowa trip we're looking at sometime next year that I'd like to go to five cities in five days with the dan Ems and we're working on that. And thank you for all the suggestions and people who have said that they would host us. We appreciate that. And I'm thinking we have dinner maybe at somebody's home each night, supper live, I don't know, five different dinners go in. Yes, Sally's there with the apron on Tommy's outside chopping wood. We walk in each night. Yes, yeah, if they come in for supper, they have like a bell that they ring and then you run in and.
Speaker 5: Then you bang on the pots and pans while they're trying to cook.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bang on the drums all day. All right, let me take a break. Got our play of the day up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 10: Wap oh my God.
Speaker 2: Of the day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 8: Check this out.
Speaker 12: Flanking Hurts to his left is Barkley. Shotgun formation, hand off, Barkley running right. He's got a hole till the twenty fifteen cuts it to the ten down the side on touch down on it. Barksley comes the distance twenty three yards for the score and the Eagles get the pad if.
Speaker 1: They were looking for.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of Fan Duels Sports Network. Sounded like Iron Eagle on the call. I think guess Westwood one Radio is what that is. But it's still Iron Eagle with our buddy Ross Tucker. So Saquon Barkley is one hundred and seventy five yards away from matching his career best that was in twenty twenty two. Got plenty of time to do that. That's your Play of the Day. Play the Day brought to you by ti rack dot com, the official tire expert of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tyrack dot com slaes Dan. You can use the Tire Decision Guy and see the full lineup of Toyo tire special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation, tirac dot com. The Way Tire Buying Should Be. There was a weird moment in the boxing press conference, and there I've been to so many of those, and you kind of expect that there's going to be a little altercation. But the weird part was it didn't seem like Mike was playing because if you watch how Jake Paul comes up onto the stage up under Mike and then Mike smacks him right away, and then Jake Paul said, you know, I didn't really feel that, you know, he's an elf, he's uh, and then all of a sudden he goes WWE and then he does his Hey, I got I'm gonna use this to hype the fight here and I've gotta tell you know, and you're like, okay, he really flips the switch in like not even half a second. Yeah, Like I didn't even feel him hit me.
Speaker 6: He wasn't even like a real flaps the funny like okay, door, Like, where did this guy go?
Speaker 2: Matt in Pennsylvania him?
Speaker 7: Matt?
Speaker 2: What's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Good morning, Dan? How are you great?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 13: I just wanted to give your listeners perspective of what it was like to work in Atlantic City in the eighties during a golden nat of boxing, especially during the Mike Tyson weekends. I think there was five hundred and twenty five championship bounce in the eighties in the Atlantic City casinos, and if New York Boxers is in New York was all over the place, same with Philly Boxers. But Mike Tyson weekends. The city was on fire, and I was a restaurant manager. I remember watching Leon Spinks sitting with his brother Michael for breakfast the morning that he was going to fight Mike Tyson, and you could see in his face, you know, I know people, he wanted to be anywhere but there, and he was so scared. I actually when they left. I actually walked right past his booth to see if there was a stain at the booth. I mean it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 13: It was that you could see in his eyes that he was so scared. I forget how long it lasted, but but Mike Tyson weekend in the city, it was was was just nuts.
Speaker 2: Well. Having gone to those fights in Atlantic City, and actually I did interviews with Michael Spinks and then Butch Lewis I believe was his manager, and Butch never wore He wore a suit, but he didn't wear a shirt underneath it. And I don't know why, but I remember interviewing Michael Spinks and I realized now he was a champion, but he was a light heavyweight champ. Mike, everybody, it's like the people around you go, man, you can make a lot of money, you can go up there, you can go up in weight class. All the people telling you, hey, you can get in there with him, you can box him. They don't get in the ring. You get in the ring. And poor Mike, because Michael Spinks deserved better than that. He never should have been in there with Tyson because he was a great fighter. And you just saw that and it was not pretty. It was It's almost as if you say, all right, I know it's gonna hurt, just get it over with, and then boom he was down h James in Virginia. James's team falls to seven and four. But if I said that at the beginning of the year, you would have been thrilled to be seven and four at this point, how are you?
Speaker 10: They were taking my call brother, Happy Friday, DP Dan at salute the commanders man. I was telling Tyler Man, it's a little somber today because it was definitely a game that they had a chance to win, even though they were once again out gained time of possession, they were only three for twelve on third down, but they were still in the fight. I think not going for not kicking that field going fourth down definitely took the win from their sales. I don't think Jayden Daniels is as healthy as people are alled to believe. He was dirting a lot of balls last night. But the silver lining is they didn't play their two best games the last two games, so but they were still in both of those games. And you're right, seven to four is a good mark. But here's the caveat the next three are probably the most important three. They got Gallas, the Titans, and the Saints. Gotta win these three in a row if they want to push for the playoffs. I would hate for them to have such a great start and miss the playoffs like the ninety sixteen and the eighteenth. They don't have nothing to do with the team now, but when you look back in history, they definitely took his kids in the past, man. But going forward, I'm very excited to see what they can do. They get ten days off, try to get healthy, try to regroup. But yes, certainly is somber today for me. But love Washington, man, I really appreciate you guys. Salute the commanders. Have a wonderful day.
Speaker 2: All right. James seemed a little down there. He usually sees the glasses half full, usually with James, but he does bring up a good point. These next three games, you know, with Dallas and Tennessee Saints, you're gonna have to have ten wins. I think ten wins would get you in in the NFC coming up. He was hosting the way in the pre fight meeting between Jake Paul and Mike Tyson, Arielhelwane'll ask him about the slap and when will we realize that this is actually a legitimate fight he'll join is coming up next hour.