Speaker 1: R and B Money.
Speaker 2: Honey, we are thanks take volatility. We are the authority on all things R and B. Ladies and gentlemen. My name is Chank. I'm Jay Valentine.
Speaker 1: Oh and this yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: This is the R and B Money Podcast, The Lord on all Things R and B. Yes, sir ah. When you when you go to school, you know, and then and then they give you your work, you know, the you you start off with a pencil, okay, okay, and then when you're good enough, when you graduate, you graduate, they give you a pen.
Speaker 1: A pen. Huh.
Speaker 2: Some people got the pen, some people got dumpin. Yeah, it ain't up pin, it's it's far from ballpoint. Yeah, it's far from felt. Yeah. This one of pins. Back in the day. He used to stick it in, put it in the ink, and then coming and then you write real nice, like you was writing the Declaration of Independence of pen expensive pinea.
Speaker 1: Mike shot Garrett depend.
Speaker 2: Y'all can get the hell out of my comments and dems asking me for shine. Garrett, he's here, listen. I remember I remember us doing uh R and B Live together one night at at it used to be snatch in Hollywood upstairs. Yeah, and they had a lot that live live night, live performance night. It was me. I think Jen, I might have been there too, and I watched you perform and give out Louis Vauton. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I had never seen that. Yeah, And I said, the pen has a lot of money, a lot of money to just be giving away a lot of money. Louis Vaton bags to a woman who screams the loudest. You don't even know, You don't know. I need my whole back in Okay, I needed my whole. It wasn't much, but I needed it. You didn't need it. You you had spent more on the persons than probably the gig was paying you.
Speaker 1: Well, I did need it, and I got it. What's up.
Speaker 2: Man? Listen, brother, this is a fine leather coat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had to get right for the guys. You know what I'm saying, this little R and B. You know, I had to get real R and B. Tyson Beckford like you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know when you when you when you get around your real R and B brothers, I'm I'm and for you for you, for your new R and B guys. I'm talking about real R and B, real R and B guys. I had a conversation with one of my youngsters today. He was like, Sean, you know, I see why we're not really popping like like like like the real R and B artists.
Speaker 4: I said, what he said, man were singing to were singing the girls man who who don't really don't really who don't really care about R and B. I said, no, no, no, no, the problem is y'all got to get your way up.
Speaker 1: Y'all. Not acting real y'all, y'all, you're not acting like real, like like like real R and B superstars. You know what I'm saying, Like like like what are you, Like, is your bag right.
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you pulling up right? Like like can you hold it down? Like like like the real R and B superstars, Like like like they held it, they could hold it down. You know what I'm saying. You know, the rappers just taking over y'all. They're just taking over y'all, y'all, your whole area, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like it's a certain level, it's a certain level of stomp down. Yeah, you got an R and B artist gotta do it, has to have, Yeah, stomp down, That's what I'm gonna roll.
Speaker 1: With that one.
Speaker 2: It's a certain level.
Speaker 1: They gotta be over in Atlanta, we say get down, you gotta get you know, they gotta believe. They gotta believe all of it.
Speaker 2: Yea that when but when y'all hit the mall, it's going up just as well as when you hit the bedroom is going going up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can't be you know, you running one hundred and forty two pounds. Push what I'm telling you? Tell them? I'm like I said, look, first of all, young you got to get in the jimi.
Speaker 2: Because you can't be skinny and not have a six pack. Skinny at least have a six pack something.
Speaker 1: But you can't have a six pack and can't throw nothing around.
Speaker 2: You gotta be able to throw something around. You gotta believe.
Speaker 1: You throw it around like you got to throw her all around.
Speaker 2: They don't believe.
Speaker 1: They don't believe. And he's like, yo, the girls are just talking to us, crazy, talking to.
Speaker 2: Us because she with a stump down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ain't nobody see that?
Speaker 2: I said, listen, R Kelly started a record like this, shut up again?
Speaker 1: It did it did?
Speaker 2: I don't want to ever hear you say that I'm I'm ever leaving you shut up? You shut that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't. They really don't understand the essence of R and B. That's that's the problem.
Speaker 2: It starts with understanding the essence of a woman. Okay, it starts there. How many as I'm gonna allude to something that I ain't gonna give it away? What what kind of conversations are you having with women? That's how you build an R and B singer? What do you know about with women?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I get it. You you know a lot about your gens, got it, got it? You know, you know a lot about the or, you know a lot about Louis got it, got it? You know a lot about cars. What do you know about women? That's how you define R and B? Yeah, how well you can relate to women? Because women.
Speaker 1: They need to do an R and B seminar.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, absolutely, and give and give and give the information, get them back on track and give away Louis bag. I was like, because in essence, what what what the What the rappers have done is they've they've taken the stomp down part of it, but they don't necessarily need the finesse no more because they don't have because they don't have any competition.
Speaker 1: You ain't got to get you ain't gotta get intellectual.
Speaker 2: There's no there's no opposing, there's no other choice.
Speaker 1: Right, got to get creative.
Speaker 2: They don't have to get creative.
Speaker 1: And what do we creative? That's what we do.
Speaker 2: So we got to be about to figure out a way to be come additive, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about the man. Let's let's go to the pens inception man. Yes, let's go to the beginning of the pin, when it was, when it was maybe it's never been a pen. So maybe it's always been a pin. Maybe you just were born with a pin. Where does this start? Sean, give me, give me, give me, seven eight year old Sean Garrett. What's going on?
Speaker 1: All right? You know, the seven eight year old Shawn Garrett is pretty much you know, I got to give all, you know, rest in peace with my mom. You know, I've had I talk about my mom all the time, you know, But the true essence, going back to the true essence of a woman, I mean, the tru essence of Sean Garrett is just my mom.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Wow, honestly, man, my mother's everything was everything to me. She she she instilled me so many different aspects of being a man, being responsible, how to take care of your kids, how to be strong, how to not let someone take you off your block, how to be a provider, how to be a warrior. So, you know, I think I think part of you know, good, bad or indifferent. I think the essence of what Sean Garrett is is is is all my mom. Ridy Elaine, Man, You know, I lost my mother early in my life, but I felt, like, you know, I lived two or three lifetimes with her as a child, as a young man, and my dad, you know, shout out to my dad. I love your dad. My dad was very instrumental. But my dad was so good at being a team player. I don't know if my dad always knew that he was second. It probably sounds crazy, but he had no problem playing his part as the co star because everybody in the house knew that mama was it was the superstar. But she was willing to literally die for her kids and purpose. And so I think when you grew up in a household like I did, and being so bilateral, like you know, my life, you know being from Atlanta, Georgia, you know Cambilton role, my mom from Perry Holmes, my dad as from Philly. My dad's military. My mom was in the military before I was born. Then she worked for the government. That transition of what we call real life in America and being able to translate and operate around the world from a global mindset of being an African American, all those different innuendos made the pen right and it gave me so much, so much diversity. Like I'm a very diverse person, but at the same time, I'm very true to myself, true to my heritage, true to my culture, true to my essence. So I would I would probably say I could definitely be a complicated person. Right, There's a lot of there's a lot of dynamics to what made me. But I'm very proud of every as every aspect of it because you know, no one knows. You know, I didn't ask to be born, you know what I'm saying. I just happened to be born, and I happened to be born with those parents, and I happened to be born with that experience, and I had I had no choice at five years old to decide if I'm going to Germany or not. Right, Yeah, it's like, no, We're going to Germany. And yeah, I did cry, I did complain.
Speaker 2: I did in those days. It was what it was.
Speaker 1: It was what it was. You're doing?
Speaker 2: What How long were y'all in Germany.
Speaker 1: Until I was twenty years old? Nineteen years old?
Speaker 2: From five to twenty Yeah, so do you speak German?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Say Deutsch? Zigut no ship yeah, no idea yeah, And so, uh, that experience is the reason why some of the time when I came back to America and started to uh sort of navigate amongst my peers, I seemed a bit intense. Of course, you was German. You know. The crazy part is I was African American living in Germany, right right. My high school school, my high school trip, my high school senior class school trip was in Spain. It's just different for two weeks wild Yeah, you know, so.
Speaker 2: Twitter, you went to every school in Germany, Yeah, elementary.
Speaker 1: Middle, and yeah, exactly, And and I really didn't have an opportunity to. And so when I would come back to America to see my family, it was like I was always like I got a cousin too. My cousin who married uh is now is now married, y'all know to Lewis, I know, Okay, we'll talk about that in a second. But my cousin too, I just met literally met too, probably about three or four years ago, right, And he's my cousin's been my cousin my whole life, right, He's my he's my my, my mother's oldest sister. Is that he's my first cousin, first cousin. Yeah, so we didn't even know each other. He's in the music business. He does really really well.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll explain.
Speaker 2: I'll explain not to Clark, no, I know to Clark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but that's my cousin and I love him dearly, and he's amazing. He's super smart, and we probably are probably just as town, right, But he's on the executive side, music side. But Mama had a big family, thirteen brothers and sisters. But the bottom line is that I didn't get a chance to spend a lot of time with my family in America. I spent more time outside of America, right, And so the adjustment for me to be able to adapt, like I was able to get into the music game and go to hyper speed creatively, but to be very honest, on a personal level, there was a disconnect. And I think that's probably sometimes where the disconnect comes with me when it comes to my people, right, And I love my people like dearly like I love my people, but there's a slight I've realized there's a slight disconnect. My understanding of what blue looks like and your understanding of what blue is is completely different, right, which which also is what makes us great together. So my mindset has always been opposite subtract. So when I meet someone that's completely different than me, whether they look like me or they don't look like me, it's attractive to me, right, because it's like, wow, I've never experienced that. Hey, let's collaborate. And that is the example of why I've collaborated with so many different people and made so many different hit records and so much different type of energy, because that's all I had to go on. And so, and that's the reason why it's not so fair to judge people from what you don't understand. Right, It's like shit, you know, It's like it's like shit, you black, I'm black. You understand Colin Greens and fried Chicken and you know, barbecues, and but no, it's not always.
Speaker 2: Many shades of us.
Speaker 1: It's many shades of us. It's even even more shades. We're starting to see how the translation from Africa, you know, from the Nigerians to all the South Africans and all of this, this this intense music. The reason why the music is so good is because it's always been great. It's always been amazing. It's just being able to mesh at this point, it's just amazing, right, And that that was That's what my experience was, and it was sort of, uh, it's sort of complicated to explain to people, but that's how my world was, right, and so I was. I always felt like a foreigner to a certain extent, you know what I'm saying. And so man, I tried my best to do the best I could man to mesh and learn and grow, and I didn't have it figured out all the time.
Speaker 2: How are you receiving the music in Germany?
Speaker 1: Well, in Europe, you know, Americans listen to what they call AFN, which is an Armed Forces Network. Basically, we have one radio station and it's the biggest pop songs in the world. So we don't have a we never.
Speaker 2: It's just the biggest song. It's not R and B, it's not country, it's not it's all of it. It's whatever is the biggest.
Speaker 1: The biggest.
Speaker 2: So all you're hearing is hits.
Speaker 1: All I'm hearing is hits. That's great, Okay, And that is how I was designed.
Speaker 2: They're programming you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whether that's programming or or yeah, whether you look at that as a program or you look at that as all you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, because you know, we're most times creatures of our environment. Yeah, so you're not the fluff. Yeah, you're not getting the fluff. I never and I and you know what, but I found that to be I found that to be.
Speaker 1: A very interesting perspective because like I would run into somebody like you Jay or you Tank who you guys are still my essence of my of my my my core essence right where I'm from of course, right, and what what made me? You know, my mom? My mom and dad got married at Eban He's a Baptist church, you know what I'm saying. So like, let's not get it confused, but my mom and dad also met on Fort Macpherson, which is the Army base the tyler Perry bought.
Speaker 2: Is that where his lot is now? Yes, that's an old army base.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Okay, you know what I'm saying. So my and I'm from Atlanta, like I'm a real at helium too, right, But imagine that man imagining now now and then in my house, my mom was still from Parry Homes, Germany or Australia.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get that. Yeah, you know what I mean. So it never really left, but we were living in a household in a completely different country. So and every you know, my mom and every morning my mother was very uh you know, she's very musical, man, Like you know, you know, like she'll be playing, like in the morning times we'll be playing Gloria Estefan. I'll be hearing, you know, the a FN station. It's it's I mean, it's it's going, you know what i mean, six thirty in the morning, we get ready for school, it's going and it's straight a FN. You know what I'm saying, right, said Fred Gloria Estefan. Hey, man, it could be anything. You know what I'm saying. Number one hits right now, when I come home and it gets eight o'clock, nine o'clocks, my mom putting on Patty LaBelle. She putting on Patty. You know what I'm saying. She playing the whispers as a big goons.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what I mean. You know, so you know, it's a very diverse. My upbringing, man, was just so unexplainable. Man. So I think sometimes when people you know, and then you think about my back how it was raised, and you know, uh, man, you know my perspective of being in front of the camera. Like, yeah, of course I knew I was amazing at music. I know it was an artist like my whole life, I've been through that. But I found that I found it intriguing coming into my adulthood. Man, I could like I had a superpower, Like I can do songs for women and men and for anybody.
Speaker 5: There was a supper power. It's like I can make Beyonce fly if he ever came in the room, I won't make her crazy. So that's where you got them songs of Ring the Alarming don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get here.
Speaker 1: But I felt like I had this thing.
Speaker 2: I had a thing and when did so, when did you write your first song?
Speaker 1: I probably just write my first songs when I was about seven eight years old, for sure. Six just yeah, And I didn't I didn't know how to. Now I must admit, like I have a one of my gifts is the ability whenever I hear drums, I can write the melody like like the drums. Yes, I don't. I don't need to. I don't need a core. I can actually hear melodic notes in my head in the feelings like I'm a piscey, so I'm a I'm a very emotional feeler, so I can feel notes. I don't need notes. I can just take drums and I can write a complete song over drums. I actually wrote yeah, over that was the complete song over that fourward looping the club in the home. You're gonna get a over here, Okay done? I mean you can actually go pull up the demo. But you know, and it's it's almost like you know, realizing your true gifts and not knowing what you're realizing. It's just and I was really good at sports too, like so like baseball was really good at like baseball, and football is really good at yeah.
Speaker 2: So so do you break into do you have an industry moment in in Germany? In Germany?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I ended up signing my first record deal was fourteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we're going going on Many.
Speaker 1: Me how you how no? No, no, no, I mean we get that.
Speaker 2: We were so fourteen years old you get a deal out in Germany and how is the music business there?
Speaker 1: So at this time I ended up My manager at this time was one of the most successful African Americans, I would say, And definitely in my city where.
Speaker 2: I grew up. And we'll see to you from in Germany.
Speaker 1: Uh live in Newenburg and so I live in Numburg and Mikes and Wisbaden and Munich. And at the time I was singing, I was singing at these fests. I was singing at these what they call beer fest. I was about to say Octobertober.
Speaker 2: I've heard of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was singing at.
Speaker 2: These black kids singing at October. Yes, No, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: Number two, it's crazy. I'm like thirteen years old. And there's this band of Gis what they call those are those are you know, you know g I's are And they're like twenty two to twenty three years old, twenty four year old, twenty five year old band. And they're like, yo, dog, you we want we want you to be the least singer for it. And I was singing in top for our top forty band and I was singing these Octoper octoberfests and it's going crazy yeah, and I'm thinking, I am you know, man, I'm living my life right. And uh so this guy asked says to me, you know, hey, I think you should. I think you're amazingly talented. I think you should. You should let me manage you. So I ended up doing a letting, letting letting. My man Jerry managed me. We ended up putting a group together. I ended up signing a record deal when I was fourteen with the Ariel of BMG. Wh Ariela BMG. And man, the experience of the record business. You didn't know because I was a kid. I still didn't you.
Speaker 2: Know, And had your parents been in the music business at all? Purely military?
Speaker 1: It was purely military, you know. To be very honest, man, if you know that contract that I did, it wasn't the best contract, you know.
Speaker 2: But you remember how I was.
Speaker 1: You got nothing said ship little or nothing. I think it's little or nothing.
Speaker 2: You don't forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what's so funny at that time, and I really never even it wasn't even. I didn't even think I was supposed to get anything right, Yeah, it was just so.
Speaker 2: But you had already had a business, you had a bike business. Yeah, yeah, that's what I was.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, though, That's that's that's what I mean, Like, you know what I'm saying. That's how naive I was. I had no I didn't have no teeth in the game of understanding.
Speaker 2: Concept of even how I worked.
Speaker 1: Clearly first generation generation, completely right talent, straight up. Man, that's so crazy.
Speaker 2: So you put out an album.
Speaker 1: No, we only put out a single and sing no, no, no, No. I didn't write to say and what I what I realized also now at the time I found this, and I'm not trying to get so in depth about what happened. Then I want to. I want the I want the viewers to understand the purpose of my experience. We can always get deeper. That'll be in the book that I'm doing, but I want to explain more so from the experience that I had as a youngster and what I learned and what my experience, how how how much from my experience it taught me to get ready for what the pen became right at the time, I used to get so frustrated because I felt like I wasn't writing, I could not write better songs than I was hearing on the radio. And that was and that became something that was so important to me. I felt like I wanted to write songs that were just as good as the songs that I was hearing on the radio. And I became completely enthralled in that idea of why does my music, my songs don't sound as good as these other songs. It wasn't even important, It wasn't really even important to me being an artist. Being an artist was important to me, but the song was so much more important to me because I felt like if I understood how to write songs as good as the songs on the radio, I definitely knew how to perform them right, because I can write them, and if I can write them, I can performer of course. But what was more important to me is I didn't know how I kept getting really upset with myself because I felt like it wasn't sounding as good as the songs that I was hearing. So by the time I was fifteen and sixteen, I got a bit frustrated and I was ready to come back to the States because I first covered. Our first single was a cover, and I didn't feel like, yeah, that was cool, that was cool. They loved my voice. I never liked my voice. People used to make fun of my voice. It was like, hey, man, you like a football player or a boxer, but your voice sounds like you're Ralph Chesident. And I used to. I used to, by the way, ultimately, so so in my brains, I was like, oh, I'm dope. I'm definitely dope, but you know, in a way. But I never used to tell people how I felt. It really used to f with me. It really used to bother me. And you know, this is really funny, and you know, we're supposed to be talking about some like the cool side of.
Speaker 2: This is we're talking about Yeah, we're talking about the DNA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, I completely used to. That's why when some that's why when some people say, like you know, like some people say I'm cocky and shit right, But to be very honest, man, I'm a very I'm a competitor. I'm I'm definitely a competitor, more so than I'm cocky. I'm just very sure of myself because I had to. I had to get better and better and better and better until I felt confident enough that I knew that I could run a three nine when most people was running four five. And a lot of times I was told so many times that I could not run a three. I couldn't even run a full five. They used to always tell me I couldn't run a full five, And so it just made me more and more determined to be able to show you, not only can I run a four five, but I can run a three nine. When I got to America, I knew that I was definitely different because I went through so many different transitions of like beating myself up, not feeling like I was good enough, or not feeling like And this wasn't about what other people had to say. It was just me personally, you know what I'm saying. I would be listening to other records, and I know I loved music. I know I loved it. I loved it with a different type of passion. I loved it more than I love baseball. And I could throw a fastball and maybe when I was sixteen years old, I was throwing a ninety nine ninety nine miles power fastball. God, I was knocking home runs like I could. I was really good at baseball. My mom came to every one of my games. I was really fast, I could. I mean, I could do a lot of things. But what was more important to me is like music, I just love music. I loved it in a different type of way. And so I also realized that, like, damn, how do you imagine this, right, imagine having this gift as something and everybody telling you don't look like you sound That was crazy to me, right, So I was almost I was always kind of worried about that, and then I just never really got it. Just all never seemed to match up, you know what I'm saying. It was like I was talented, but it's just never seemed to match up in my mind. In my mind, I didn't look like this person. I wasn't slamm I was, I was muscular. I wasn't you know, all of the things that everybody said you were supposed to look like. I didn't look like you know, I felt like I was handsome, but I was like, I just didn't look like I sound. I just didn't look like my music sound right. But then it then it was then mean, when I was like eighteen, it just tatered. I took a turn. I took a turn, and I just didn't give a fuck no more. It really just made me feel like, you know what, I'm me, I'm fucking me, and I was excited about being me. I don't know what happened, but say, what was that? What was? But think, man, you know, you get to a point where people tell you you can't do this and you can't do that, and you just fucking you just get frustrated to the point where you just like fuck y'all. You know, just fuck y'all.
Speaker 2: You know, and people don't know. People don't breaking point, well the breaking point, but people don't understand the the lasting effects of having to hear that so much and then finally getting to that point. So when you when you finally say fuck y'all, that's something you stand on ship for a long fucking time, and people don't understand why there's that and understand what you went.
Speaker 1: Through as a kid man, and you know, imagine being a talented child from like five what I'm saying and you've been hearing this this shit to you like eighteen. By the time I came back to America, I was on one. Yeah, I was definitely on one. I was like, you know, and if anything felt like it was some negative shit, I was just like in my mind, I was like, fuck you run over? Yeah, like, yeah, yeah, I know, I don't. I know, I don't I know, I ain't this, I know, ain't that. Yeah. Yeah, but though, but I'm miss right. And that's where all my anks came from, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like that's why I can relate to this generation, because I feel like I really probably was one of the I was. I was probably one of the ones that started this crazy mindset of these artists. I probably would say because I never I never felt like I looked as good as Usher. I never felt like I looked you know. I never wanted to be Chris Brown. I never wanted to be sure. I never even wondered I was the guy next door. I'm the guy next door. I'm like, I'm a guy. I'll take your fucking I'll take your girl for sure. I'll definitely fuck your girl. Not because I want to, I can you know what I'm saying, because you know what, my conversation is definitely deeper than yours. You know what I'm saying. My work ethic is definitely better than yours. You know what I'm saying. My heart is definitely pure, you know what I'm saying. And I'm just talking about girl talk, you know what I'm saying. I'm just talking about just like on some regular dude shit, like, yeah, I probably I'm the guy next door. I ain't got all that other shit, but I definitely got heart, I definitely got a work ethic, I definitely got passion. I definitely give a fuck about everything that represents what we stand for. And I'm gonna get money somehow, some way, you know what I'm saying. So I don't I don't really you know, I don't really think.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, so you're back. I can compete, So let's compete. So you're back in the States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I come back to the stations. Yeah, back to Atlanta. Yeah, go back to Atlanta. It's time to get to it is and ship is and ship is. You know, you get back to the States, a lot of cracking, ship cracking, crack, you know what I mean, and it's it's it's guys, super amazing creatives like Pooh Bear, you know, shut Pool Bear. Uh. And I love this part of it because a lot of these guys, you know, at the time, you know, I don't know if they know if I like them or if they like me, or they gave a fuck or that I ain't, but I just knew I respected them, you know. Johnte Austin one of the fucking coders, you know what I'm saying, Like I can definitely say that now like Pool Beer Pooper is like a genius, straight up. Uh, John T. Austin, straight genius. And this is all at the time, you know, when me coming me coming to the States, you know what I'm saying, Brian Michael Cox, j D Man. Uh. Then then I meet Chris hicks Man and oh man, he just said some ship and shout out to Chris hicks Man. Chris sicks know how much I love him, you know, but oh my god, man, Yo, I've never probably felt nobody, there's nobody ever broke me down like he did. Like he just said, I remember I played him. I played him, Yeah, the demo a year man. He just it just fucked me up. It was like that, ain't it was because well, because these guys was at the top of the game, you know what I'm saying, Like they was. But you gotta understand, my relationship with Chris is like the biggest, like like like he's one of the I will say, he's probably one of the most. He's the one executor that pushed me to the highest level when and so so this is not a slight like Chris Sicks is like, first of all, at the time he was co CEO of Noontime, which is one of the most legendary, legendary independent labels in the music business. Uh, and they spawned so many you.
Speaker 2: Know, all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he was at the time he also was president I think of Warning Chapel at the time publishing. He was a great publisher too. So you know, man, I'm just kid man trying to impress these guys, man, and I don't I don't have no clue or understanding of like what the bar is with with them, you know what I'm saying. And so I just knew I just didn't fit. I just didn't fit, man. I didn't fit. I just did not I didn't I didn't. I didn't like the kind of ship that they did. Not that I didn't like it, mean, I just couldn't do it, you know what I'm saying. I didn't know how to create. I wasn't the kind of songwriter that could write songs with chords and ship. I just I didn't feel like I was good enough to do that, And so I used to beat myself up internally, and you know, records like Yeah and Goodies and check up on it like those are songs that or fucking ringy alarm or shit like that, Like that's the ship I understood how to do because I didn't. I wasn't. I wasn't really attracted to like chord progression type of songs.
Speaker 2: Sure, then, for lack of a better term, you are sued in a different sound. Literally, Like I remember Billy Callaway and Shakira Stuart, who are really good friends of mine, close close kit friends of mine, telling me about you. I'll never forget it. They were like, he's the one flood out like and it's so it's so crazy to hear you say it from us from a from a point of almost people not believing, people not seeing it, and you not knowing that people were celebrating you before you had the hits. You have no hits at this point, not when I heard about you.
Speaker 1: But it was like nigga, he niggas this, nigga Sean Garrett.
Speaker 2: You know, I shake you, Nigga, Sean Garrett, nigga Sean Garrett got it in twenty four, twenty four about they was they billy, you're white men, though, Man, no bullshit that you did not know about.
Speaker 1: And you know what, that's that's what's really beautiful about this because I really didn't know, man, I really bro I didn't. I was just trying to survive. I was really just trying. I was very passionate, though I think I think my passion sometimes made people feel like, I don't know what it made people feel like. I was just being myself. All I could do is just go with my passion, and I just I just didn't know. I think that the worst thing. I was just fighting for my life, to be very honest, I just wanted to be great and I just didn't. I knew I didn't fit into this box of like doing things that other people do. Anytime I heard anything that someone else was doing, I completely wanted to do something different, but I also admired the greatness too, Like I really was a very maybe I didn't say much to these guys, but I really admired them.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was in high school. I felt like I was in like ninth grade, and these guys were seeing this ship and they was fucking amazing, and I was like, fuck, like I remember, I never forget out hearing uh man, I'll never forget hearing superstar m hm hmm.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I heard a superstar mhm, and I heard it caught up and I was like, what in the fuck am I going to?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: Ryan told it was fun. I was like, man, this motherfucker is so incredible. I just I you know, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's like you he was like.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god. So at the so I just was like, man, you know what.
Speaker 2: It makes sense where you're saying, you hear it, you appreciate it, but you're just somewhere else you're going to. I don't do that else. I don't do that.
Speaker 1: I don't even do that. I don't know how to fucking do that. Like I know, even I know how to do it of course, right. But we're talking about we're talking about you know, we're talking about being on the track, you know, uh Kaie Richardson like like her speed, you know what I'm saying, Like you talking about running, you know what I mean? These people are fucking going crazy like they're world class athletes. Yeah, the complete world class. And I'm listening, I'm like, bro, oh my god. I was just I was just like one am I go. Then I get this call from l A Read. So I ended up doing my I end up doing publishing deal at Hitco. L A Yes. Shout out to Billy calloway Man. Billy callaway Man is a fucking amazing I don't know why he's not a music business no more. I know he do like amazing things with houses and ship like that. But he is really great and I got us in mind. I gotta get music his his props today. He was the one that really signed with Shakir and and La Read at Hitko. And I love Billy because Billy was very passionate and he was very smart and he understood. He understands great. He really did, he really does. And he had this bowling league that he had this entertainment bowling league that he created, and I'm talking about every everybody of the who's or who would be at that bowling that bowling league every I think it was every Wednesday. It was packed like three hundred. Anybody that from Atlanta know about three hundred bowling alley up four hundred used to be packed. I'm talking about. This was a zoo. It was a zoo every Wednesday, man, I remember, and I used to just go there, and I mean I had like five offers on the table from different universals, sony, different people wanted to sign me as a songwriter. I never even wanted to write songs for other people. I didn't want to do that. I wanted to write songs for myself. I was mad that I couldn't write songs. I was like, damn, I haven't gotten to the point where I can write songs for myself to the point that are great songs. I wasn't really trying to I definitely wasn't trying to write songs for other people. But that's how much of trying to push yourself to another level and then to have other people to celebrate you or appreciate your talent comes into play right, and so it was all god man. But I ended up doing my deal with Hitco because Billy was just I just he used to make me laugh. And I will say to people that, you know, personalities matter for executives in the game today. It's important to be a good person to people. It was only a couple of people that really thought, yeah, it was dope. Everybody else was like And it's funny to watch people now to say, oh, we knew it was great, we knew it was It's like, I remember your face.
Speaker 2: I remember you, remember you.
Speaker 1: I remember I was a kid. You know, kids don't forget ship. I was a kid nineteen twenty. I was like, I did not.
Speaker 2: So what made you write those verses like that? Yeah, because you jumped into comments. Man, you know what I mean. You know what I mean. We're not gonna brush over this. We're not write those verses.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you listen to any of my songs, that's my true essence, got it?
Speaker 2: But but what is that from? What is that like? Because that's not that's not a normal R and B.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't do R and B. Y'all know that. That's what I just said.
Speaker 2: Like, I got it now.
Speaker 1: I do R and B, but I do my version of art exactly. So I'm trying to figure out the mixture. Well, I think that I'm well, first of all, I'm the biggest Michael Jackson fan in life, Like that's a Michael Jackson song. My idea was, hey, I heard Superstar, I heard caught up. Caught up. Now, this is how crazy my mind is. Caught up to me was can you feel okay? Okay yea in my brains, I was like, I can beat that.
Speaker 2: That's the Jackson's And that's the competition that you've been all even chasing this whole time.
Speaker 1: That's the Jackson's. That's not thriller. If I can get him Billy Jean beat it and thriller in one song, I could kill this hose. And that was my mindset. I said, I'm gonna go get one of them little John beats. I don't give a fuck what little John beat it is. I'm just gonna go create a fucking Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Song on a Little John because Little John was on fire and his emotion is healing.
Speaker 1: To the windows, from the windows to the wall. Oh my god, you the power in the power, in the studio, in the in the in the.
Speaker 2: Club, I went horse one night.
Speaker 1: It was I went horse one, I yelling at to the window. I was bowling. I was bowling when we were be bowling and I and yeah. Came from the perspective of what Little John's energy does is not it's just unbelievable. It's not normal. Me and Lot John are more compatible in our essence than not mm hmmm, because Lot John is kind of like an outcast too. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We've all seen the high school photo. Yeah, yeah, So when y'all licked the record, we see y'all. Yeah, So when y'all, when y'all.
Speaker 1: Sattle John, I'm gonna keep it. I'm gonna keep it a buck like John John. John John had all the relationships with the DJs, and to be very honest, you know, shout out to l A. Reid and the whole all the people at arist man. But I'm gonna keep it a buck man. This was all god like. For people to say that they knew is craziness. Now, Shakire Stewart he knew, mm hm, he knew. He was fighting for it. Oh man, it's one other person at that at that label that was fighting for it. But everybody else I don't think they understood.
Speaker 2: How could you though? Yeah, yeah, because yeahs like hitting the lottery, yees, not normal by any means.
Speaker 1: And it made sense to me because it was, you know, the essence of Usher's performance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you took Usher to a place he had never been before. That was somewhere else like nothing, nothing, anybody it had, nobody has that in their catalog. For the most part, that record was a game changer. So this a game changer. And then and then after you have the game changer, you write it again. You go from yeah, the Goodies. I remember every club I was in when Goodies came out. Oh my god. I had just met Sierra maybe a couple of weeks before Goodies came out. I met her at a the song came on. She was in the club, she was with what's the What's the I forgot her name. She was dancing with Sierra at the time, one of one of our we know, one of our homegirls. And she's like, oh, you got to meet Sierra, like Sierra said the song that just came out. Yeah, I'm like, do you know what's happening? Right now.
Speaker 1: We actually did that. I did that in the same week actually, just because you know what's so funny. Shout out Delicia. Delicia at the time was Little John's assistant. I couldn't get no beats from Little John. I didn't know Love John, and Little John's people wouldn't give me any beats because they were like, uh so BC twenty four. Billy Callaway reached out. I said, Billy, I want to do I want to do a I want to do a Michael Jackson song over one of them crunk beats for Usher. He was like, let's do it. So he's like, what do you want me to do? I said, hey, man, can you call Little John's people and see if I can get it, you know, get some of his beats. And they were like, little John don't do R and V beach do that like he do crunk beats.
Speaker 2: I was like a no go.
Speaker 1: So man, it took about two three weeks for me to and I actually ran into Delicia and she's the I owe him everything. Wow, she is the key the glue. Shout out to Shout out to Delicia, Delicia, and she's just the sweetest thing.
Speaker 2: So she got you a beat tape man.
Speaker 1: She got me ten beats. She a CD with ten tracks on there. And out of those ten tracks, one of those songs what Goodies? And one of those songs was Yeah. And you can go online right now to YouTube and pull up Sean Garretts. Yeah, you can hear my original demo too. Yeah, and when you hear that, it'll make it all makes sense. Yeah. I actually was doing all the little John PARSI. Yeah, And I remember getting this deal with John and John was like, I'm changing this ship. I don't changing the ship. I said, John, why the fuck you want to change it? Because I want to do some new libs. I said, this ship is already perfect. The weird is he said, how the hell are you gonna tell me how to do me better than me? But what's so crazy about? Like what we have to do? And y'all can relate to this we have to do. We have to paint the pictures so well that geez, like.
Speaker 2: What's yeah, and right, here's the bush the white man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so crazy toying you were saying earlier. You know, people don't know what we have to go through, like that's where the anks come from, you know, And is if there's not one thing I want to say on here today, Like sometimes you know, people take our passion the wrong way, Like it's like, do you know what it took to get here to do all these songs?
Speaker 2: Have you looked at my discography they have?
Speaker 1: Like do you really know what I had to go through?
Speaker 2: Physiography is crazy.
Speaker 1: I have to deal with different people every single day, not just different creative people, different creative managers, executives, labels, attorneys, street niggas, streets like they don't understand. So you get to a point where you be turned, like when like when Kanye say, I'm turned, I'm turned. It's not I'm tripping. It's just so you know, I'm sorry. On versus, y'all just caught me on one of my days. You caught me on one of my days to where like, first of all, I had two root canals, I was on pain pills, right, and my brother's asking me to do something that I don't even know what the hell is I'm doing. I'm holding my phone in my house on my time and I see that you know it's on. It's all so it's motherfucking own. You're just catching me and my ship like like, like, really, but I'm at my house, y'all. I didn't get paid to do that. You know what I'm saying, Like, No, we set the ship off check up? No, No, we went viral y'all seen it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I did. I was in the comments.
Speaker 1: I was reading the comments too, and I was like, oh wow, oh that's interesting. I'm tripping. Sean tripping now. Y'all know, Sean, don't act new, don't act brand new. You know. I'm a warrior. I was a warrior for you. Remember remember when I did that monster for you? When I did that monster for you and you and you. No, I was just what we're doing well, what we doing right? And and it's it's it's so many you know, as they say what they like to say, what they call it, well, I don't even know what Stay true to yourself, be real, Like you're how complicated it it is for us to be real, to be ourselves every day and come out and fight every day and give your best and be one of the best ever. It's very difficult, you know. And I think that if there's any show or any interview I've ever wanted to do, this is what I wanted to do right, because I feel like you guys have y'all represent so much more than y'all realize y'all doing. I feel like this is what my career was about. What you guys are doing. Nobody else is doing this. All of y'all all you guys doing podcasts and all that type shit. It's cool, but this that real shit right here, because this is the real essence of what we really do. It's easy for somebody who don't do this ship to get on and talk about ship that you don't do. But when you motherfucking really do this ship, I don't want to hear nothing you got to say, because you ain't never walked in these You ain't never walked in these cleats. You don't even understand how to You don't even understand how to run. You can't run in these cleats. You never accomplish these goals. You never accomplish those goals. And I'm not being disrespectful to anyone. I'm just saying it's always easy to speak on ship that you don't do looking from the outside, yeah, but when you're really doing the burning fire, you got motherfucker shooting at you from all angles all like, like what are you talking about the motherfucker I'm helping hates me. You have convinced, you have convinced the mother. You got a motherfucker in the background, talk hate it on me, talk but talking to me, telling me, Hey, push them as hard as you can. S Yeah, man, get you a ceemon. Yeah, come on, man, what.
Speaker 2: You got over there?
Speaker 1: Chief? What's what you got over there? Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, Seaney don't really like cords, but you don't give us some corse.
Speaker 1: I love Hey.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't.
Speaker 1: I just wasn't raised up on him, but I definitely love him. Yeah. We've done a plenty. We've done plenty of hits, plenty of missus Sean Garrett.
Speaker 2: About to go to a place. Man, this is gonna be a tough segment for you. Man, Okay, sure, because you know, man, if you've done too many of you done too many of them yourself. Man, you know, but people want to know what they want to know, Chief, what's shown Garrett's top fun your top five, top f Yeah, your top fick.
Speaker 6: Whatever I would be, he say, no, song, you want to know, you got to show.
Speaker 2: You quit up you try to I want to hear.
Speaker 1: I wanna know your top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, top, fine, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So Sea Garrett, you're top five R and B singers.
Speaker 1: Now tonight, you know, tonight, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be off the cuff. Y'all can't hold me to this, y'all can't holp me. I'm just gonna go on the emotions tonight.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say this in any order. I'm gonna go. I'm just gonna start shooting out ideas of vibes or whatever. Five one. I'm gonna say, new edition. It is in love.
Speaker 2: He went to songs first. You know what, Sean Garrett. Song, We're starting with song. Here we go.
Speaker 1: R and B songs first. I mean, I'm just going off field. So you just went crazy on the.
Speaker 2: But I asked you about the artist. I said, artists, Okay, songs first, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: I mean I just felt, man, I just feeling.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite songs of all times. How do I feel this way?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Why does she stay?
Speaker 1: Why does she stay home? Why does her so bad? So sad?
Speaker 2: Inside?
Speaker 1: R and B to the You know what I mean? We went really R and B? So I love you, Whitney I will always love you and I mm hmm uh Billy Jean Michael who because she's not my lover strengths when do cry shave? Bobby Brown is my paraorater feeling right now?
Speaker 2: It's just emotional mind, you know what I mean? Doesn't songs? Okay? Okay, okay, Top five R and B artists.
Speaker 1: Straight go Michael with Michael Jackson, Prince with Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Russian, Hey it off, cap it off.
Speaker 1: I wish I had more room, I wish I had more hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, listen, listen, listen if you if you want to name a.
Speaker 1: Couple more, you can't you I mean, I mean, I mean, if you don't want to go Top five like I mean, just that those are the biggest RN B artists in the world.
Speaker 2: All right, Here we go.
Speaker 1: I can tell the ship.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Here we go. We're making R and B voltron Okay, you're gonna make your super R and B artists all right, Where you're going to get vocal from? Yeah, the performing style, the styling, the passion of the artists, and who's gonna write for that artist? Mm hmm, here we go. Who're getting a vocal from one vocal to make your super R and B artist Michael Okay, very matter of factly like me. Performance style, who kills the stage ship Michael Michael, Michael Michael okay, Michael Michael styling the drip of the artist.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: The heart of the artists, who really mean quick quick Michael Michael. Yay, this is who's writing for this artist?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: I would have I would have thought him.
Speaker 1: I just I would have want to count count.
Speaker 2: Time, my.
Speaker 1: Yod damn?
Speaker 2: Right's right? You goddamn record? Yes sir, yeah, yeah, yeah, we want to hear it. Hold on, hold on, We're not We're not done. We're not trying here just yet. He done with you?
Speaker 1: Who someone starting like this?
Speaker 2: What you got.
Speaker 1: Is that donkey Koch? No, it's ain't saying no names hey a saying no names, A saying no name here.
Speaker 2: You're saying no niggas saying us who as weird?
Speaker 1: What you did? What else? Say?
Speaker 2: She? I ain't saying no hey hey, let let yeah, yeah, vay very important.
Speaker 1: Tec. I don't know if I'm the best.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no, listen, listen, listen. We've been waiting. We've been waiting for shining cart depend to get here. I ain't saying no names, story funny, are fucked up? Are funny and fucked up? And the travels Sean Gerett. I'm talking about from the at L down to Germany back to the at L, around the world global with these records, the ship you've seen, the ship you experienced, funny or fucked up. The only rule to the game is you can't say no. You can tell us one or two. It's up to you. I like that.
Speaker 1: I would probably say, Man, I think the biggest things, the craziest things for me has been like I've had so many opportunities to like engage in like you know, relationship opportunities to get with a girl that's in the business, and I always found my found my way of sliding out of it. I felt like it would be it would I always looked at it like I think some people look at like, hey shit, I'm gonna take this opportunity to go ahead and do what I gotta do. Yeah, I always look at like it could come back and hunt me. So I really didn't smash out as many times as I could have smashed out.
Speaker 2: So you're saying you were offered high level, high level quality. Tell listen, listen, No, I was he want to tell a story. Though, he want to tell a story about getting about some ship. You got to tell the story of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I ain't gonna say no names, but it was definitely.
Speaker 2: How did it happen? Come on? I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was in certain sessions where where there would be some really high profile friends that will pop through that was open for whatever. I just always found my way to slide out of the situation because I always feared that I would suck up my career because u mm hmm, y'all wanted more.
Speaker 2: I want this actual story you a songwriter, nigga tell us one.
Speaker 1: There was just one scenario here we go of this really like I would say, huge superstar. I don't know what I want. I want to say what she do? That's fine, But I was completely off my pivot. I wasn't like I was aloof to the idea that she really was on me. It was this particular part about her that seemed a little bit masculine that had nothing to do with her. It was just her body type. And I'm not gonna say no names, but she had big shoulders, she had some big calves love caves. Nah, I just all I can tell you. I mean you, I mean, what the fuck like, I mean it's real, like she was really like one of them ones like I could have. Yeah, if i'd have died in E din't like her calves. The fucking calves is bigger than mine, like like no fucking way, Like she's the kickball cheap. I don't know, Nah, I don't know. Well, yeah, I guess in that. Yeah, but she was she was, but she's she's she's everything, she's everything to everything. I feel like if I would have locked on in, I could have probably could have been cool. I could have some calves. Bro. The motherfuckers is huge. I was stripping like a nice quality calf.
Speaker 2: I don't think he feels like they were quality.
Speaker 1: Calves is a whole. It's a vibe to a calf, and then there's a motherfucking extra calf.
Speaker 2: Like it's just like if.
Speaker 1: The calf bigger than mine, like Rugby cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yo, but.
Speaker 1: It was her about it. I was like, Yo, the thing was, the thing was thanking, the thing was thinking with the calves. Sucking calves turned me off.
Speaker 2: Bro, swear to God.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you it could have been a movie like like like on paper, y'all have been like, Sean, you was ripping.
Speaker 2: M you passed the.
Speaker 1: Calves ship was thinking, but them sucking Calves threw me all the way to funk off them. Calves is what I've been I've been talking about.
Speaker 2: About to have niggas staring at cave.
Speaker 1: Broad Nah, Bro, I got big legs, bro, and I'm working with it like I'm cool, but I'm just thinking like, nah, that ain't gonna work out. Just met Calves, calves on Calves. Now, that was the one time. Yeah, that was the one time I fucked up. I fucked that up though, like that fuck the Calves. I should have I should have been like I should have tapped on in.
Speaker 2: She's somewhere with her legs at right now.
Speaker 1: No watching this, She's the truth. If I told y'all who it was, you fucked up Calves everywhere? Yeah, no Calves on Calves.
Speaker 2: Brother, brother Sean Garrett. First of all, we want to say, man, we appreciate you, brother, Thank you, bron love you like we appreciate you like one hundred percent. You know what I'm saying from UH as a peer and as a brother like and as fans of what you do. Bro like, we we all of those things, all of it, all of it.
Speaker 1: Let me let me askhow us something? When do you become a great among your brothers? You know what my goal was. My goal was to become a great amongst my brothers.
Speaker 2: Well, you did it. You've accomplished it. What are you asking? What else you want to know? You've accomplished it, bro man, You've done it. You have done it. Everything else, like, listen in terms of that, you've done it. Everything else, it's just for you.
Speaker 1: You know what. You know what's great about this moment is I love you guys man, because you guys have a way of being yourselves, giving people a platform, protecting yourselves, protecting all brands, building a brand, but at the same time, man, being wonderful people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I don't want to bring the coast. I will say this, things are different on the coast. How people see Shi on the East Coast versus how they see Shi on the West Coast is different. And I gotta tell you all that, I gotta say that it really is different. You guys man, are really special. Y'all translate globally in our community. You know what I'm saying. And Tank, you know, Jay, I don't get a time. I don't get I don't get a chance to talk to you as much as I can get a chance to. I don't talk to him much as much as I want to. But I just want to tell y'all, man, you know, you guys have done an amazing job of letting the world know that you guys are standing up for something that's important to us. Ship is translating because people, you guys are making people think that you know, and like I said, it's not, it's not. It ain't. It's not. It's not the first day or the second day. It might be the tenth episode that you might see and he'd be like, damn, go back and look back, and why she's you know what I'm saying. That ship, that's ship that's important. It wasn't my first number one that people paid attention to me. It's like the fourteenth mm hmmmmmm fuck is that? Let me google him and it be that song that wasn't the biggest. It be one of them songs like.
Speaker 7: DJ want to play that song, Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Light on the home front.
Speaker 1: Beat it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Or Papa coming over to give you that wrong favorite position. It is one of my due.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: See you already. You gotta stop you you relax, uh man, thank you brother, real bro. I'm expecting my record. We got a fire record.
Speaker 1: No no, tell him, no, no, no, take some plan no like take it's that ship.
Speaker 2: It's fire and you you you was on a cadence on there. I said, man, nigga is cadence? What is this cadence? He said, that's just that's just that's just where it is. Thank you. Gotta be right there, you gotta be I said, fuck, I think.
Speaker 1: Ruby cut it. I think Ruby cut this off.
Speaker 2: You cut it, I said, I said, I said, I said, I got it. Nail. I gotta nail it back to let him here. He's like, no, no, no, do all of that and didn't do that. Okay, all right, I call you back.
Speaker 1: I played for people like it's it's.
Speaker 2: Yes, you gotta you gotta play it tonight.
Speaker 1: For Jay it's disrespectful.
Speaker 2: You gotta play it.
Speaker 1: It's just no, Jake, you haven't heard it, Like what haven't.
Speaker 2: Heard it here? Tonight?
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, the type of ship. No no, no, no no. He let the toes out like outside together. Yeah see you can't. You can't wear those unless you are real confident like I do. This type of ship. Percent No, he went crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I really don't know if Jay ready for this one?
Speaker 2: Ja he ready?
Speaker 1: You haven't heard? You're lying, bro.
Speaker 2: You haven't played for I ain't played for nobody, show records. I need to hear. I need to hear, ladies and gentleman. I am Tank Valentine. This is the RB Buddy podcast Sority on all things R and B. First of all, the new music is coming. He's promised, promise. I've been asking him for a long time. And this is our brother, Yes it is. I love you, bro, one of the of this ship, you greatest of all time. Y'all make some noise. Shan Garrett R and B Money. R and B Money is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Don't forget to subscribe to and rate our show, and you can connect with us on social media at Jay Valentine and at the Real Tank. For the extended episode, subscribe to YouTube dot com, Forward, slash r and b Money