Speaker 1: Welcome back to Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour. Thanks for joining us. We're so excited to be back. Hey there, Susan, Hi, nice to see you.
Speaker 2: And if you haven't done it yet, everybody, now is the time to follow our podcast so you never miss an episode. Just search for Bachelor Happy Hour in the podcast app and hit the follow button.
Speaker 1: That easy. It's that easy, and it's super important that you follow the podcast so that you get notified every time there's a new episode. Also, while you're there, please leave us a review. We love to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, make sure to check out all of our past episodes because we have been having so much fun answering your questions, so keep them coming at bachelornation dot com slash Golden Hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, today we have a very special guest joining us. One of our first returning guests, Bachelor and Paradise fan favorite Jill Chen his hair. Hey, Jill, you look so different down on the beach.
Speaker 3: I know, like, worse are better?
Speaker 2: No, you look amazing and I thought, let me just get this out. You were nothing but class. I'm sorry that you cried like you did, but I admired you and you were being real and honest with yourself.
Speaker 3: Thank you, CONGRATSA. When I watched it back, I was like, wow, I was sadder than I thought it was gonna be. Like I thought it was like a Girl Boss moment, like Okay, yeah, I'm gonna leave at my court and it was like kind of pathetic. I was like, my god, I'll tear it up. Jill.
Speaker 1: Do you remember me coming up to you going, wait a minute, wait a minute, you're leaving because I overheard you And I was like, what you said? I tell us? What tell us what you said? Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: No? What it is all a blur? What did I say? Tell me?
Speaker 1: You were just like I hate being friend zoned here. I've just I'm everyone's and this isn't good for me. It's not healthy. And I was like, but stay and he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there to find love, right, Yeah? So fun friendship? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right? And I feel like I can see I have like I can see what's going to happen. So you know what's what's going to happen. Is Sean going to give me his rose? Probably? Not? Like why am I going to? Why do I even want Sean's rose? Do I even like Sean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How do you feel about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel Oh, I feel absolutely fantastic. I feel like I made the right choice obviously.
Speaker 2: How does it feel feeling all the love from Bachelor Nation and all of us after leaving it?
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's been such a crazy experience getting all of the messages and how many people resonate with me. And it's honestly because I've never really had that from Bachelor Nations. Usually it's all like conicism and you're so blah blah blah, But no, this time, I feel like it was the most kind of accurate to how I felt and know people are seeing kind of the real emotions and I'm always going to keep it real with you guys. So yeah, no, it's been It's been really heartwarming.
Speaker 2: And yeah, people out there that feel the same way you did it situations, you know, they resonate with that.
Speaker 1: And how do you feel about all the comments people said you should be the next bachelorette?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I tell them to be quiet?
Speaker 1: Oh is that is that? Is that something you would not do?
Speaker 3: Then? I don't think I would. No.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait before you say Joe, wait before she says no, I got an idea. We did paradise together, right, Golden? Then yeah, how about you be the bachelorette and I'll be the Golden Bacherette. We'll do what show would do bachelorettes.
Speaker 3: I like where this is going. You should definitely pitch this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, do share? Why would you consider not doing it? What would you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been a Bachelor Nation for four ish years now and I haven't found a single guy that I could see myself.
Speaker 1: With that was it just takes one Jill, I know, but.
Speaker 3: Still, like I I feel like the next guy that you everybody knows about will be my husband. Like I'm not going to I just can't do it anymore. Like it's I mean, obviously would it be a fabulous opportunity, yes, but like I'm also like I got things to do, Like I gotta like I'm thirty, Like we got to get this thing rolling, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, wait, So you're going to keep your private life private? I hear you, So are you dating?
Speaker 3: I am dating? Yes? Of course I'm dating.
Speaker 1: Oh love, we want to hear you tell us all about your private lifcense you don't want to share?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, like I'm dating Okay, So here's the stupid thing. So I haven't done the dating apps since college. Literally, so I've really never done the dating app. So I downloaded a hinge. Oh my god. I was told there was going to be hot people, there was going to be cool people, as far as I can tell him, the best one on there. Like I'm telling you, it's been such a struggle, Like I hate it so much.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like a full time job.
Speaker 3: I got three dates this week, I got this guy next week, this guy I gotta check it with. And I'm like, I just can't. So yeah, but I I am dating obviously.
Speaker 2: Well how did you meet the date?
Speaker 3: Like, what give us the Oh, well, there's like there's been a couple. There's been a couple, you know, ponies in the stable if you will.
Speaker 1: But I take it you're not serious about anyone yet.
Speaker 3: Well maybe I am, but I'm just not going to tell you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like it more than one date with the same person of course.
Speaker 3: Of course, yeah she's not.
Speaker 1: She's not a serial dater. I want to get back since you're not going to share it, I want to get back to some paradise because I want I want to get the tea on this? What what is your thoughts on all the drama, the paradise since you know, since you left, and you know all that Jeremy's phone call, everything that to Susie, just all of the drawa. What do you think about it?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's like you could see these things kind of bubbling beneath the surface, and now that the money is involved, it's you know, getting pretty cut throat. I don't know if Brian, I'm not sure if Brian would have told Bailey. I think someone had to.
Speaker 1: My god, do you mean Jeremy. Do you mean you're not sure if Jeremy would Well.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Brian. I don't know if Brian would have if the competition element wasn't involved, I don't know that maybe he would have, maybe not. It was a great opportunity for him to do that. I would say it was a good play, but again, like you're taking people who aren't, you know, who didn't sign up for a competition sale show to play in this competition. So I mean, the whole Jeremy thing, I okay, I.
Speaker 1: Hate to say this, but there's no one listening but us.
Speaker 3: Jill, go ahead, right, no, yes, it echo chamber. But like I and I've told him to this to his face. I don't really care for Jeremy.
Speaker 1: I've said it on that I can't tell you, but there are some people that I will not you know, I can't out other people, but I can tell you you are not alone in that comment.
Speaker 3: I know. And it's like whatever, Like you know, I met him in person and he wasn't that really nice to me. He's I think he's one of those people that is only nice to women that they find attractive or they you know, they care to know about yea, they care right or like it thinks it's worthy of their time. So that's fine.
Speaker 1: But I have you're gorgeous, so that thank you for sure.
Speaker 2: You're friends with Susie. Have you guys talked about all the drama that that took place about her?
Speaker 3: Of course we have, Yes, of course you have. Which is so funny, like she's like I was on the show for like twenty four hours and this narrative just continues throughout, which is interesting. And I also, I mean, I feel terrible because it's like, you know, she's being but she can't speak her own truth. You know. It's like she she's just being talked about rather than being able to, like, you know, say things herself. I think, well, I don't know. I think Jeremy was a bit delusional because he's like, oh, you know, like I'll just I'll just compose.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, let me let me just back up. You think a guy is delusional for calling a woman that he's talked to for let's call it ten minutes and uh and saying I'd get down on a knee and propose her. You think that's a sounds like a delusional guy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Jell Oh, yes, man.
Speaker 3: I know it's right. It's which is like, I don't know what he's thinking. But also it's like she turned you down, brother, you're going to marry her? Yeah, I just it didn't make any sense to me. It's never made any sense to me. Bailey's such a catch, like and well she said it out of Jeremy's league, so it's like, let's go with that, like she is so deserving. But you know, like, God, I hope that these Obviously I wish the best for everybody, and I hope everything works out. Do I like, you know, in my practical mind, do I think that all these relationships are going to work out. Probably not, you know, but lessons are learned along the way, and those are valuable too.
Speaker 1: Well, who do you wait? Who do you want? Which? Which ones do you think have the best chance of working out?
Speaker 3: Sensor? And just they've always been good, you know, they're so cute, so sweet.
Speaker 1: Wait, if should I break the news now that Keith and I are engaged?
Speaker 3: And that's what I was going to say. I was like, maybe you and Keith, maybe you and Keith, or like Jonathan and Leyah.
Speaker 2: I need your honest opinion with the man code. And everybody was mad at Brian for telling me. Did you respect him for doing that?
Speaker 3: And yes, of course I did.
Speaker 2: And do you feel like he did it for the wrong reasons like you said earlier? Or he really did care about her?
Speaker 3: I can't tell. Brian's hard to read. Brian's another one where I'm like, also this shout out to Brian's family. Brian's family loves me, so I can't really thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 3: He I mean, I'm not sure that there's a lot going on up there in the sense of like I'm trying to manipulate a situation.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait with Brian. Yeah, oh my god, Okay, I think.
Speaker 2: That's saying he wasn't doing it.
Speaker 1: Just a minute, No, what she said, there's not a lot upstairs there.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I'm sad, you know what I'm saying. But in terms of like being extremely manipulative, I don't really think that was hism o. I think someone needed to tell Bailey and he had a good opportunity to do it, so why not do it? And also he had a chip on his shoulder from Jeremy, so it's like if I wanted to get revenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jeremy you're saying, I mean, it's it's almost comical what Jeremy says. You know, I was gonna tell her, but you know, I had to get a good night sleep. And I'm sitting there going, yeah, I was good to tell, but you know, I had to wash my socks. I was going to tell, but I had to write my grocery list. I was going to tell her, but I was dusting my end table, Like, come on, but it's.
Speaker 3: Eight days later, eight days later, Like you're really gonna wait that long? He's like, I didn't think it was relevant, but you kept bringing it up. I didn't know that it was still pervasive. I knew that there was like that he had maybe regretted his decision, but I didn't know that up until the night that I left, that he was actively talking about this. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: It was like that, what about the Sean and Alicia? And have you talked to Sean since the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've talked to Shawn Sean. I mean, Okay, that whole thing is a mess. It's a huge mess.
Speaker 2: Whoa and whoa huge.
Speaker 3: Mess and it's only it's only gonna get messier from what I understand.
Speaker 2: And I just said it looked like the previews.
Speaker 1: Two things to say. I love the fact that I am not involved.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you, Kathy.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, I agree with you, Jill. It's messy, it's it's unkind. There's so many different uh, you know, and yet both of those people were Everyone was so kind to me on Paradise. I mean, they were lovely people to me and good conversations. So I'm sort of mentally, sort of caught in the middle with that whole thing.
Speaker 3: I would agree. I don't have a lot of experience with Alicia. What I can say is like This is so tough because, like, you know, this is what I've had to learn throughout my like my seasons or my time in Bachelor Nation, is like you get so close to people within such a short amount of time, but you've only really known them for like three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, but wait, we really know them? That's right. Well you don't really, it's the reality of it. But all right, so we've covered what you think about others. Now I'm going to hit you up. What tell us about Jonathan? What really happened between you and you know? What have you guys talked about with regards tow this the drama, et cetera. What what's going on? What happened spill the beans?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I mean obviously we had a misunderstanding, misunderstanding. I misinterpreted these things that he was saying to me with the information, you mean, the.
Speaker 1: One when he said date you, I mean that when he said maybe I could date you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, oh, you're making my decision hard. You make my decision hard or something, And I was like, oh, maybe there's a chip after I just said, you know, like, are you open blah blah. So of course I misinterpreted.
Speaker 1: That I mean to.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is with everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, and like and that was honestly, like I feel so bet for Leo, but like that was it was validating for me to kind of see the pattern unfold, like, Okay, he's maybe really not even trying. I don't think, Yeah, it's not me. I think that he hasn't really given anyone a fair shot. And it's like I'm giving Sean a crack, like come on, like I'm giving Sean trying, me trying. It's like you you can be surprised by people, do I think that? Like Jonathan definitely shut things off like a little too quickly. I think because I think like we had a good like he said, we had a good friendship. Brother, I've known you for a day, like we we don't really know each other.
Speaker 2: I don't know friendship friendship.
Speaker 3: And then like you know, and then he kissed me on the date and he says, well, you know, we we kiss we kiss friends. Yeah, I kiss my friends.
Speaker 1: What well, Jonathan, if you're listening, I never got one from you, so that that argument does not hold water.
Speaker 2: And Jonathan, if you're listening, you and I gonna sit down. We're going to have a little talk. Jonathan's going on with some therapy.
Speaker 1: Jonathan, you better, you better. You know, you better be careful because Susan does wield a baseball bat. Okay to ask question. Wait, I have to ask for one question before because I don't want to run out of time to ask this. Okay, did you learn anything?
Speaker 2: She took my question.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry. Since I was there and I'm a Golden, I thought, you know, have you learned anything from the Goldens that you've held onto while you're on Paradise?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yes. I First of all, I loved having the Goldens there. I thought it was like it was so fun. You guys brought the energy and like seeing the way that you were moving, the way that you guys moved throughout the journey and life is like so good for us to be able to look up to. And I honestly should have used you guys as more of a resource because I was like spinning in my head and like not using you guys. So I wish I used you know, you guys as a resource more. But in having like, you know, some deep chats, it's like I got to see what you know some some of you guys are divorced or have lost loved ones, and so it's like you get to see that that perspective from you know, like if they could go back or you know, things that they've learned from the later end of their relationships. I think we only think about like the budding early romance in paradise, but getting to kind of think about what happens at the end and how meaningful that is was was really important. So I really loved it. I really it was so good.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you wish you would have done differently? Are you not happy with everything? Good?
Speaker 3: I'm so happy. Yes, I was. I was exactly myself. I wouldn't change anything. I left when my when it was my time, my sparkle was going.
Speaker 1: And yeah, well let me say it's first of all, it's not too late. You call me anytime talk about you know. I was always have an ear for that. But I also want to know you were saying I think I read or something that you wanted to see Alex I can't even say his last name or Brian Witzman did Are you in contact with either of those guys? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anybody wasn't there that you wish.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, I wish either of them were there, But I yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You know there is a little thing, Jill, you could reach out to them. You don't have to meet them on paradise.
Speaker 3: No. I know, I that we we have both of those people I have been in contact with in the past, and I'm pretty sure that they know that the door is open. But so I'm it's not what is.
Speaker 1: With these guys, Susan, what is wan with these guys? You are beauty?
Speaker 2: Now, that's old saying that grass always looks greener on the other side and then all of a sudden it turns brown and they're just no.
Speaker 1: Men idiots, not all men. But can we just agree this morning that many men are just idiots? The fact, the fact that you are single blows my mind.
Speaker 3: I know it's okay, there aren't like it is okay. It is I'm in such a happy place in my life, Like I turn thirty, I've got some very exciting things coming up, and I'm just I'm happy and I am dating and it's fine, and you're just.
Speaker 2: The exciting things coming Yeah, are trying.
Speaker 3: So the funny thing is I can't. And I love when people I actually hate when people do this when.
Speaker 2: They're like, but I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: I know. I hate that and I'm like, take you, Kelly, but no, I actually can't tell you, guys. But it's very exciting and it's actually my dream come true. So it's so exciting and I can't wait. And no, my dating life is good. It's actually really good and I'm super happy.
Speaker 2: Oh and will we find out this exciting news? What do we know?
Speaker 1: I'll call her later and I'll get it out. I'll let you know.
Speaker 3: I actually don't know. I actually don't know. I'm like, I'm bound to secrecy, which is like the best part seek that is.
Speaker 2: That's so awesome. I'm a little envious. I want to know what it is.
Speaker 1: All Right, we got to move on. We're going to go into our topic of the day. Okay, we're just gonna ask a question where you're gonna give your thoughts on it. Okay, Jill, all right, what matters more in the long term partnership being best friends or being head over heels lovers? Would you rather have constant butterflies or constant comfort in a relationship?
Speaker 2: What says you?
Speaker 1: What do you think, Jill?
Speaker 3: I think that Oh my God, that's so tough because you get the butterflies at the beginning and you get the head over heels at the beginning. But I think long lasting being best friends and being able to, you know, be comforted by that person is one hundred percent more important.
Speaker 2: I agree, But I want both all the time.
Speaker 3: Of course, you want both all the time. But God, you know, God doesn't give us both hands.
Speaker 1: I know, having your best friends, yeah, I think we can all safely. I mean, I think a long term partnership it evolves over time and the butterflies, you know, the caterpillars turned into butterflies, the butterflies fly away, whatever it is, I think over time relationships changed. So that's why I think I always want to have that best friend.
Speaker 2: I agree, but getting excited when he walked into the room even a year later, like oh there's my man, you know, like that's a good feeling.
Speaker 3: It is a good feeling. I think that there's a good mix. But like, yeah, it ebbs and flows. Relationships ebb and flow, and you have to you know, sometimes you'll have that spark. Sometimes you don't put as long as you're committed to another into making it work, and the relationship as a whole. You're gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. We have these questions written in but our fans and we give them a bit of advice, and today we would like your input. Is that okay?
Speaker 3: Yes, of course I love giving advice.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This one is from Carly and she's thirty six and from Miami, Florida. From woman to woman, I've been really struggling with my body. Every time I look back at photos with my family and friends, I find myself critiquing how I look instead of enjoying the moment. That's just a female thing. This has been going on since I gave birth two years ago, and lately I feel like there's no excuse to still look this way. Most of the people I know with toddlers have already lost their baby way, and it makes me anxious about the possibility of getting pregnant again. Though my husband and I want to give our daughters a sibling, I worry about how I'll look and feel after the second time. I know my body created life, blah blah blah, and I understand all the self love narratives, but that doesn't stop me from feeling frustrated and unhappy with myself. I'd love some words of wisdom on cultivating self love. Does this struggle with our bodies as women ever truly go away as we get older or is it something we just learn to live with?
Speaker 1: Well, Jill, since you've had four or five children, how did you fell out here first?
Speaker 3: That's what I was like. I feel like I can't really comment on this. My best friend just had a baby though, is their second baby, and she's kind of dealing with the same thing. And I would never blame anybody for taking, you know, measures to make themselves feel good and look good. I'm not saying, like, you know, anything extreme, but if it's something little you can do, definitely do it. But I think that for me, I've heard this before that it's like I've never seen somebody's body and thought about it for more than a second. I like, if someone's on the beach, like you know, I'm always self conscious on the beach, I've never gone to the beach and seen a body that has stuck in my memory, you know, it's just not at the forefront of my mind. And the people who judge are there's something deeply wrong with them. I think that you know, you can't have your body prevent you from doing from doing anything in your life, especially you know, if you want to have more kids or you know whatever. I don't think that I fully understand, Like it's like the self consciousness and feeling like you know that that worry. I totally understand it. But there are things in life that you really can't control, and there's things you can control, and you have to kind of like pick and choose your battles. There's a lot there's people out there with you know, like physical disabilities that can't change their situation, and so there has to be the level of acceptance. But I think, you know, like be kind to yourself. You did you created life, and it's like a beautiful thing and you should just enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I agree. And there's always surgery after the second one if you need it, it's going to make you feel better. But the self love part, yea, That for me came with maturity yeay later in life and love it. When I came off the Golden Bachelor, that was the first thing I said, I'm good with who I am. I'm comfortable in my own skin. Yes, I do the same thing a Carly look at pictures and go damn I look good then if I only knew what I know now and look like that'd be dangerous. So like it changes, it's normal, it's life.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I feel like it's always the gross. Like you said, the grass is always greener. I look at pictures of me from like two years ago, and I'm like, oh my god, if I was only looking like that, but that time I was looking at pictures ago. So you have to like enjoy where you're at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I will say having children, I gained I have three, and I gained a lot of weight with each child, Carly, and I will say it took me almost a year to get off the weight with each child and.
Speaker 2: Each which is normal.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a lot of friends who you know, a month later were back in their skinny jeans, and you know that wasn't me. I had a rough time. I get I get your problem here, Carly. I was exactly there. I had a really hard time getting the weight off. And what I would say to you is everything that Jill and siss are saying, which is, you know, give yourself some grace and some time. But the other thing that might help you is just get on walk, do something for yourself ten minutes of exercise that'll make you feel like you're moving towards your goal of getting back in shape, feeling better about yourself, because nobody can tell you to feel good about yourself. If you don't, you're just not going to hear it. Right. And I think as we get older, well, things shift, But you like I frankly look better now than I did when I was younger, just because I work hard at it. So I don't think necessarily where she says do we struggle with our bodies, does it ever truly go away? I think that's up to the individual woman. It's a lot of women, I think use getting older as an excuse. That's their choice to do it. But men, I think this is crucial, critical to you know, for some people, it didn't bother me at all. That's what I'm saying. It's just everyone has their own journey. But I think Carly, the biggest thing is be kind to yourself. As Jill said, You've brought this child into the world, and you don't want to look back ten years from now and say, you know, so what I was ten pounds or fifteen pounds more. I wish I'd had another child.
Speaker 2: So and I also know Carly that it is so normal. We all look good ten years ago in our pictures. Two years ago, it was a good picture, you know it. But look where you are now. You have children, you gave birth, and you're still hot. You know, you're hot in your own way. You got to feel good about yourself.
Speaker 3: I think what helps me is just like the last thing I'll say back because I don't have kids, but I think for me, like whenever i'm feeling that way, I think if everything is temporary, like I'm like, okay, this is just the way that I said I look now and that's okay, and it's going to change, and so everything is temporary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. That is very good advice, Carly.
Speaker 2: Be good to yourself and love yourself because.
Speaker 1: And let us know if you get pregnant what you have, because kids are great, you know, go from two to three, maybe go and have four, you know, just going you know, the five babies.
Speaker 2: Are any questions you have for us before we have.
Speaker 3: To oh my god, that I have for you guys? Yeah, okay, So Susan, are you still with that Frenchman? Yes?
Speaker 2: Well he's there and I'm here that's a struggle.
Speaker 3: But yes, yes, okay, and yeah, so how are you dealing with like the distance?
Speaker 2: It sucks, especially because he was due to come tonight. O he canceled. Yes, he couldn't hit the gentleman his friend that was going to watch his dog. Well, that guy was walking his own dog and he got in a fight with astray and he got mange. And it's really contagent. It was like a big thing. And I only found out a couple of days ago, and I was like, it's like deflating your balloon, you know. Yeah, And I don't know when the next time that I'll see him, So yeah, that part is not fun.
Speaker 3: That part's not fun. Okay, but so do you think, like do you regret not, like, you know, being in a relationship and not going on paradise.
Speaker 2: No, he's a great man.
Speaker 3: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love to hear that. And he makes me feel good, you know, I love being around them. Kathy knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: I'm sick of hearing about it. Susan.
Speaker 3: I literally like everybody who has like a happy relationship with.
Speaker 1: My congratulations.
Speaker 3: Years.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, now I push it for Kathy. Okay, so what did what was your perspective on Paradise and what would you tell the younger people there about what question about about the way that we were acting.
Speaker 2: What you saw?
Speaker 1: Well, do you mean the drama or just getting to know guys?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think okay, maybe like on how to like cultivate proper Do you think Paradise is a place you can properly cultivate a relationship?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? I think that it is. What I said to the young ones that I call them the young ands, I said to all of them, use this time. You know, this is a rarity where you have no responsibilities. You don't have to cook, clean, you're not at your job. You have all this time to get to know someone. And this is just like a jump start of a relationship. But as you said, Jill, when you leave here and you jump back into the real world, you're going to have to manage things like money, You're going to have to find out where you're going to live. You're going to find out if you really are compatible when the pressures of the outside world face you. So my advice to all of them was give yourself some grace and realize that things will change a little bit when you go home. Doesn't mean it's good or bad. It's just there's going to be an adjustment parod when you go home from pared.
Speaker 2: And I think Jess is doing a good job of that because when she says, I don't know that I'm going to move right in with you immediately right And that made me nervous because it was like a cliffhanger that one week. And then they talked about it and he's such a sweetheart and he goes, we'll do it on your time. You know, I'll be patient. But his friends are all getting married having kids, and he wants to stay up with that so the kids can be raised together and not get it.
Speaker 1: And I mean there space, and I think there's several relationships there that not necessarily our paradise, but overall over the seasons of Paradise that people have met and married and have great relationships. So it's like anything else in life. You know, you have to kiss a lot of frauds, but it's a great opportunity to have these budding relationships and see where it goes. So yeah, I thought it. I think it's a great opportunity.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sorry, one where they threw money in it.
Speaker 3: No, no, I've never been on one that they thren money on it. And and people are like your friends for the money. I'm like, that's five for a thousand dollars was never going to be mine? Like if there's no way, who is I going to be a Sean? Like no, but wait, it's not. No man is worth that money.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, no, no, no, You're you're mixing it up. And I've said this repeatedly just because you you have your relationships on money and you have your money on the other right, So during these challenges, depending on who wins and it doesn't, Keith and I have a great relationship. We couldn't halftime, we couldn't get the answers right. So the money and the relationship are different in my In my book, you can still walk away from Paradise with no money and have a great love. I think you could conceivably walk away with Paradise with a lot of money and no relationship just the couple you had, they're coupled up. So I don't necessarily think money and love go together in that I think it was.
Speaker 2: A big twist when they threw that in and now towards the end and they're given, you know, making you think twice it's going to be love or money. So somebody also I could think of as somebody that I think is so in love is going to diss the other person and take money.
Speaker 1: I would that would be bad, Keith and I. Keith and I had said, We've said. It's been aired on the show a couple of times. We had said we would never take money from kids. I mean, are you're in a different situation. Well, well no, because I've talked to a lot of my friends who are my age. They're like, are you crazy, Kathy, and I said, no, I'm not. Here's the thing. At my age, connections and relationships with people are far more important to me than adding some more money to my bank account.
Speaker 2: For you, But they're twenty thirty, you know. That's what I said.
Speaker 1: For young people, they want love, they're starting their lives. That's why Keith and I could never take the money. These young kids could use the money to pay off college debt, by their first home, all those things that that to me would be such a good use of money. So that is your question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it does, Jill.
Speaker 2: We love having you and you'll be back with us again. Trust and believe me because we love having you. And unfortunately that does it for this episode of Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for joining us, and be sure to follow Bachelor Happy Hour as we have new episodes coming out every week that you really don't want to miss.
Speaker 2: Make sure you submit your questions. You know what to do. Go to bachelornation dot com slash Golden Hour, or you can hit us up on social at Bachelor Happy Hour and Jill, as soon as you're allowed to tell us, we want to know.
Speaker 3: Okay, you will be hearing from me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to sleep tonight thinking what could it be? What could it be?
Speaker 1: We loved having you, Jill. But in the meantime. In the meantime, listen to bouchelr Happy Hours Golden Hour on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Till next time, have a great week,