Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Josh Johnson right for the Daily Show, and this is hold up, I'm here with my co host.
Speaker 2: Don't be won.
Speaker 1: Today's topic is sweet potato pie versus pumpkin pie. And tell the people. Let them know.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm a good person. Okay, so you know for a fact that I pick sweet potato because ain't no way on God's blue marble that I'm gonna act like that. I Am going to be eating something that people card faces do. Okay. The only time anybody messes with that vegetable, with that squash, okay, with that ground dwelling vine climbing orange vegetable is from November birth to dcen. People ain't thinking about pumpkin the rest of the year. It's like, oh, pumpkin spice. Pumpkin spice is not made for pumpkins. It's just nutmeg and other stuff. It's just the season that we put on pumpkin. And also we called it pumpkin spices. But I've had a pumpkin pie and pumpkins spices ain't in that pie. Spices ain't good, And don't act like, oh they equal to each other. Oh, you know that. We can't. You can't even tell. You can tell. Look at who's at that party, look at who's at this kit together. Okay, whatever the majority is, that's what that pie is. That's what that pie is. I'll just say it.
Speaker 1: I'll just say it, Okay.
Speaker 2: And and and so my mother's allergic to pumpkin, right, and so we got a sweet potato pie from the store one time, I guess this was in Atlanta, and the pumpkin wasn't selling. They had snuck the pump get into the sweet potato. Because my mother was eating it is and my tongue itches, my throat itches. I was like, wait what she said, what's the ingredients? She's like, wait, we cooked everything else, and she was like, what's the ingredients on that pot because you started trying to figure out what it was. And these bastards then snuck pumpkin into this good Christian sweet potato pie. So that lets you know that they're trying to hide pumpkin. They tried, this is the cheese, you know, this is they're trying to put the broccoli in. Okay, just because you put cheese, you put you try to put cheese on the broccoli. Okay, that's what this is. Stop making that face.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm making I'm making that face because even in the example you're using, broccoli is still a good thing.
Speaker 2: Broccoli is delicious. What I'm saying is that, but a lot of people don't like broccoli. Some people Brussels sprouts. Like my big in college. She doesn't like broccoli because she says it's like licking the afro. I don't agree with that. I love broccoli also, I have an afro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a genuinely insane thing to me. Like I I kind of understand what she's trying to say.
Speaker 2: But nah, listen, I was eighteen at the time. It's sounded crazy. Then I'm thirty nine. It still sounds nuts. But you know that's Aaron Kennedy. Okay, I was not here for it. So I'm saying is that pumpkin is so disliked and so undersold that they had to slide it and sneak it in as a filler in a sweepetel of the pie. Because if pumpkin was so good on its own, it wouldn't have had to slide it in there and tried to kill my mama.
Speaker 1: Listen, they should not have snuck in pumpkin into a pie that was not supposed to be pumpkin. I'm with you on that also, especially because people have allergies. What I will say, how many times have you been at a dinner. Have you been somewhere and you look at the table, and like you said, you said, look at the people, you'll know the type of pie. But I'm saying, let's keep it on the pie for a second. Let's keep it on the actual color and hue of the pie. Okay, you look at a pie that could be sweet potato or it could be pumpkin. You can't tell me you know with one hundred percent certainty which type of pie it is. You know, these pies are very close. They're barely they're barely barely edging each other out.
Speaker 2: With homemade, you can see the spices, right mm hm. With store bought, you're still on a sweet potato pie, you can usually see the spices. You'll see a little bit of the spice, right m h. But store pot pies is very hard to distinguish between the two because they do end up being similar colors. But sweet potato pie is usually darker. But because of the spices. There are more nutrients in a sweet potato pie, in sweet potatoes than there are in pumpkins. Now, if some people try to say that there are less there's less sugar in pumpkin pies versus sweet potatoes. But I really feel like that has to go down to just the recipe because I don't. Of course it's gonna be less sugar in a pumpkin pie. A sweet potato is sweet. And also, if you're sitting up typing in what is a healthier pie?
Speaker 1: Yes, if you are at the pie section of the grocery store and you go to google which is the healthier pie, just take a step back and realize it's all pie.
Speaker 2: It's all pie.
Speaker 1: So even if you grabbed an apple, you're getting some sugar, you're getting you're getting some pastry, you're getting some very buttery base.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's why people on keto. I did not know that people on Keto and stuff can't even have fruit.
Speaker 1: So what is that? Because one of my friends just started Keto and said that he can't have fruit, and what why is that?
Speaker 2: I think Keto is just Atkins, is just South Beach. It's just one of those things. First of all when I started doing my first nutrition's back in twenty eighteen, it's like, you know what, just working hard to keep my neck. As you see, I have one. You thought the girl was gonna lose her neck in a panty dropper in a pandemic and a Panasonic and a Panorama and a Popeyes. Na bitch, any who's so you know I put all my wearing, my max of my chin chillos. We all know this is very al So just.
Speaker 1: Because you bring a mink doesn't mean you're right. Okay, don't don't do this thing now in future episodes where you try to dress up and then flex as if you don't have to make your points and stuff, because because that's so disrespectful to show up not give me any warning. Right, so already you don't say anything. You just let me show up at a regular shirt. But that you're like, I'm gonna bring a mink. This feels like when somebody invite you to a party and don't tell you it's forrrible because there you show up a mink and then you start talking down to me about my choices and okay, this feels like a setup.
Speaker 2: Listen, First of all, this is from tourd This is not a mink. This is very flammable. Okay, this is very flammable. This is what the kids call the faux firt. All right, I have I've acquired real only because I was bullied into it. Okay, this is just because because of the lights and the equipment in this room, you have to keep it chilly in here. Otherwise I'd be but ass naked by the end of this podcast every time we do it.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: So no, I will judge you in anything, Nigga. I'll judge you in a wifey Okay, I will judge you in somebody else's T shirt. So don't think me coming out here. Oh you didn't even and it's on the slip on the sleeves. Don't come on, baby, Just because I'm wearing my Poe Choe, don't mean that I'm not here for the judge of fying and critification. I'm always here for the judge of fining and the cratification. You know that mean about me, Joshua. Okay, that's why we are such good friends. Could you try to act like that you ain't here for the judge of finer and the gratification, but you know you are here for the judge fighter and the critification.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm saying don't rest on your laurels, all right, because I've seen it before. Sometimes it happens with rapper I don't even know who she is. Sometimes, Oh my gosh, you're like you're like true, you're like truly abitis. Uh so laurel all the time? All right, what do you mean? There? There will be rappers who really come through that first few albums and then they really get the money up, and then they start wearing well and the music suffers. All right.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to say that my points are suffering because I was chilly?
Speaker 1: I'm saying they could in the future, all right if we get you know what that means flex?
Speaker 2: Okay, that means that the next time we do this, I'm gonna have to wear my fox, my crystal fox poncho and dunk on you the whole time. Why would you make me do that? Why not let me sit out here in my faux furt and whatever fabric? This is? This is from tourrid. Okay, this was also free. They said this to me, and I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 1: But don't think don't think I'm very happy for you.
Speaker 2: Listen, I've got on a skims br I don't even know what it's doing, but my titties, having gone south for the Winner, were in here. I got three hooks of the bra. Last time I had three hooks on the bra was a Clinton administration. When I'm saying this just because your friend is out here wearing free, moderately priced clothing, okay, this shirt also from tour It also free shout out to tour it. So what I'm saying is just because your girl is trying to be warm in my studio, Okay, does not mean that I cannot be making valid points.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it doesn't mean that you're not making valid points. I'm specifically saying, you know, just make sure you always come through with the with the insane energy.
Speaker 2: You know, the girl, I'm drinking out of a soup cup that I punched a hole in for a straw, So don't act like, honestly, it's the best way for me to keep up with my water intake.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, because you know exactly the size of the cup. And yeah, no, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: And it's just fun. I don't know why I like it I like a big cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also the structure of the lid you can really like pinch the top right and so.
Speaker 2: Cause I have like this very fancy color changing like those really like fancy cups that they have with the double insulated. I had one for my birthday. Would change colors and you put like something ice called in it. And then one day I went to reach for it, fell out of my fridge, exploded to fifteen bucks. This came with wanton soup and it's strong as hell.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's very strong. I can hear the ice from here.
Speaker 2: Yo. My mom, like I was, I think a year or two into doing stand up, came to one of the open mics. And usually to make you change if you have a glass glass, they make you change a plastic cup, but they let my mom keep her glass because it's my mom. And this comic went up and he was bombing, bombing, and my mom was like twirling, just sitting there doing this, and this guy goes, am, I getting hackled by ice, and my mother goes, yes, yes you are. I don't remember who that comic is because I don't think I saw him again after that. I mean, it's not a few more times. But yes, he got heckleed by ice. He was doing some there.
Speaker 1: That's either the origin story of the next biggest comic in America or someone who just started doing Hedge floud work because they were like, this isn't for me.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, Brian, what happened? I went back and got my master's because I got heckled by frozen water. This is not the profession I need to be in.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, anytime it's quiet enough that just the elements are.
Speaker 2: At place, bro ice on the glass.
Speaker 1: Whenever it's cold enough that you can just hear wind outside.
Speaker 2: I want to get back to this topic at hand, because this this is like the State of the Union address.
Speaker 1: Okay, I understand, and I also understand the history of why of why sweet potato is a staple. I'm not disrespecting Sweetpotato Pie.
Speaker 2: It's the ancestors, Joshua.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. I'm saying for me, it is a forty nine percent to a fifty one percent. I love both of these pies.
Speaker 2: Give Pumpkin Pie a fifty one, but I will steal your shoes. I steal your new medical shoes.
Speaker 1: Am saying that it's slightly edges out for me. Tell me?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 3: Tell me?
Speaker 2: How? Tell me?
Speaker 1: I think I think that some of the sweet potato pies I've had, especially the ones that were homemade before, have had just not the right texture because just like pumpkin sweet potato, if it's too if it's too like soupy, if it's too you know what I mean, If it's too loose, when's going in. You barely have a pie. You've got like a bunch of thick, thickened up soup in crust.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're putting sweet potato pie and a crust, and it's not like a batter, because the batter's a batter, and a batter we know will hold to a spoon. It's about like you're talking to someone who one year I made between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I made thirty sweet potato pies.
Speaker 1: Oh you told me about this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And my mother was selling them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to give me the money or some of the money, and then I now didn't get any of the money. She said. At one point I had an allowance, but I never saw it. My mother bought me a hand mixer because I used to make like cakes and stuff, and my mom would sell them don't work, and then the money would somehow. You just get reinvested in the cakes. Right, So I was never paid for my labor. But you know, I'm a black child. So when was mother said make the cakes? I made the cake, right, And so I make cakes for the house or cakes for the friends, you know, aunties and stuff like that. And so I was making sweet potato pies and I was just mashed. I was, you know, you cook them up. I'm mashing straight sweet potatoes. I didn't like the masher weet like you know, like a sweet like a potato. Masher got the big holes in it. So what's doing the work that it needed to do to get down and protect the consistency that I need it. I just had a little white plastic cut and I'm just mushion and mushion and mussion. I made this before we had an electric mixture. So I just had two forks and a strong a bow. What okay out here breaking these pies down? And they were delicious. Okay, I made it, but yeah, it's probably between like thirty thirty five pies between Christmas and Thanksgiving. And I was like, I still have to go to school. I was like, Mama's child. Lang said, well, I'm selling them at work. I was like, and I was one. I was like, Mommy sold out a pie. She said yeah. I said, oh, how much did you make off for selling the pie? She's like, what do you mean, Tommy? Oh we got to make more pies? Okay, wow?
Speaker 1: Wow? Am I gonna That's an early lesson and.
Speaker 2: Which was wild because like I'd had like other businesses and she I was like, I don't know what it was. I think eventually she gave him like a couple of bucks. I'm like thirty five dollars, but I'm just like, I need a dollar a pie.
Speaker 1: And she's like, you know Christmas, which is not actual reason, Like that's no, what is a.
Speaker 2: Black parent really gave you great reasoning on stuff before.
Speaker 1: I will say this is what happened to me to explain so that you see where I'm coming from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I have much nostalgia. You know, I've got flavored this is a family recipe, but I've also had others. Pee would say the pies like listen, like people in my family can cook, right, So if you're coming from an experience where people were making homemade pies that were either too wet or too dry, or they're not doing what they need to be doing. They're not doing what the kids say, given what they need to give. I understand that you would have these instances where like I'm not particularly fan of this because of presson experience, Like I to this day can't eat a runny egg because they made us paranoid or raw food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: So like first of just the salmonilla and eggs is like for you know, cause long time for black people, we did. That's why we had steaks well done and stuff like that. But that comes from a history of us being sold the worst quality meat. So if you didn't have it cooked all the way, you'd get sick, right, Yeah, So I'm just now learning to get out the was out of a necessity and not because of this, Like that's why we see some stuff because we didn't have the best quality meat. Also, that's just genetic. So you understand, like you've had an experience where you're like, so for.
Speaker 1: Me, hey, that's exactly it. It's like in life, I've had great homemade sweet potato pies. I've had good store bought sweeptaio pies. But I've also had bad sweet potail pies so far in my life. Even though it doesn't quite it doesn't quite out edge the best sweetpotato pie I've ever had. I've never had a bad pumpkin pie, mainly because they've been store bought. But I have had some homemade pumpkin pies that were good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you've had more homemade sweet potato pies then you've had pumpkin pies.
Speaker 1: Yes, and okay it hit wrong a few too many times. You want to talk about runny egg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you cut into a pie like that and there's any type of liquid.
Speaker 1: And it gives up, yeah, I can't say.
Speaker 2: The thing that always confused me about sweep pstato piees is that when you make a sweepstata pie like a blender or something, there are strings in it. It's a fibrous vegetable. I've never understood a lot of when you have the pie, where did the strings go? I guess they just cook out.
Speaker 1: Or well, I think they just really get as close to dissolving as they can.
Speaker 2: I know, but that is the thing that always confused me as a wee girl and as a girln adult lady. Also, I think I'm confused about pumpkin pie because I've just never enjoyed the flavor of sawdust. So I guess I just can't quite what.
Speaker 1: Wow, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, what no? What you know exactly what you did? You would be looking up like that if you didn't know what you did? A real what is like? What you did? What? But no, no, no, no, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 2: What does it? Because the thing is, it's like, I feel like the spices you put in a pumpkin I can tell you I've had a pumpkin spice beverage and had a slice of pumpkin pie, and it doesn't seem like any of the spices that were in a pumpkin spice beverage, or even the spices that you smell in a pumpkin spice candle don't end up in a pumpkin pie. So where do these spices get put?
Speaker 1: Not always, not always? So some of them do Some of them have like a special you know, whether it's topped with a little bit of whipped cream and then some pumpkin spice on that cream, or whether they topped the entire pie with the spice.
Speaker 2: It's not the top of spice willed to be mixed in.
Speaker 1: No, it is. It is. You're not wrong. I'm just telling you where the spice goes. Sometimes because I felt like that was the question.
Speaker 2: It was now what I can't listen. What I really wish we could debate, which I don't think we'll ever have enough people to do, is sue potato pie versus a bean pie.
Speaker 1: That I yeah, I don't know if we'll ever really get there, because first of all, I'd have to eat both in the same week or day to really like fresh, refresh the palette's memory. And then we'd also have to really go in second.
Speaker 2: Are you getting get fats? What the hell does that sound?
Speaker 1: That's the door from my apartment?
Speaker 2: Oh, I was like Josh getting faxes over there. They they're doing real business.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, maybe one day, maybe in the future, if we're blessed.
Speaker 2: The last time I sent the facts to twenty ten, I was trying to send in my time sheet to work, so work for tip A to see you had to eat your time sheet signed, And then there were just every Friday they were just talking about who would round up everybody's time sheets and then we have to go get them signed and then fax them. And I just every time going we have.
Speaker 1: The internet here, we have email, you know, fuck are we doing.
Speaker 2: This or something like well, don't fax them, just scan them into one file. And I'm like, why, uh, yeah, everybody knows I logged into a system to fucking be here. Why am I facting anybody? The fax machine was also kind of cool when you think about it, because.
Speaker 1: It was just like technology when it was at the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Like I remember we had like we used to be able to get a printer facts scanner mm hmm, and you would have a fax machine at your house. And I was like, I don't know why we need this, but we're gonna need it, and when we do need it, it's gonna be great because my mom used to work at Kinkos and so many people would come in having to fact something. If you don't know what we are talking about, that means you're probably under thirty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, josh how are you thirty two?
Speaker 2: Hey? Right on the line, baby, Joshua just made it. He might even use a rotaryform before.
Speaker 1: Not well not not quickly, but yes.
Speaker 2: Well, we want to.
Speaker 1: Kick this to you, the listener.
Speaker 2: All right, I I listened. I stayed on task, didn't I Because you never prove all it was better. All you said was I've had bad homemade swee potato pies, so pumpkin is better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's at what point were we supposed to come through with data? All right, that's a week.
Speaker 2: That's a weak argument.
Speaker 1: As a weak argument, they look almost identical. They have the same texture, all right.
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 1: The texture of a potato or pumpkin pie is the same.
Speaker 2: You know how a friend in college you wouldn't eat uh like apple or peacha any like that because she didn't like cook fruit. This is also the same girl that said Celery's just crunchy water. So so she was a real country too. I never understood, like, yeah, she was a black girl that was so country that she wore Dixie outfit her shirts.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this person is an innovator or has been left so far behind like this is this is This is someone who we either need to be research egg and taking notes from, or we need to be research egg and avoiding the thoughts of.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you that her name was a connotation of her mom and daddy's name. So whenever you get one of them situations, then I hope she's doing well. I hope she live in the life she wants to live, serving the God she wants to serve. I just was like, but apple of pumpkins, listen, I do have a quick question, though, how do you feel about Cobbler?
Speaker 1: You know what, that's a different episode.
Speaker 2: I can't, but I can say that I think this hits home on I think because sweet potatom pumpkin pies, because they come out when they come out, especially pumpkin being the one trick pony that it.
Speaker 1: Is, you know, getting your little jabs in whenever you can. I'm sure it feels good sitting up there with your minks. All right, No, no, no, I get it. I get It's called thank you, Okay, whatever you want to call it. I see I see you there, all right, I see you talking down on the pumpkins. I see you at all your hubris, alright, hubrious, at all of your hubris. That possibly be the.
Speaker 2: Sweet potato out here living a year round life. Okay, they are doing so much with the sweet potato, they're turning it into chips. Okay, there we are roasting them. We are making them a summertime solad situation. The sweet potatoes out here doing the work that pumpkin could never do.
Speaker 1: Okay, is this? How about maybe pumpkin is out here once a year because it's not common, it's not cheap. Okay, But it's a selective. It's a selective it's a selective spice. It's a selective true.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have to listen. You can't keep bringing up the spices. You can't keep bringing up with spices because pumpkin spice is not made out of pumpkin. It is made to seasoned pumpkin.
Speaker 1: What's used to season the sweet potato, not.
Speaker 2: Making other regular things that you put in a pie.
Speaker 1: So I feel like this is a moot point as far as also getting spiced.
Speaker 2: To see what's in pumpkin spice, all right, Pumpkin pie spice, also know what's pumpkin spice is an American spice mix commonly used as a flavoring from pumpkin pie, but does not include pumpkin as an ingredient. M there's no pumpkin in it, so it's generally a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clothes, and sometimes all spice. Okay, now do you are you? Because basically a lot of those spices are the same ones that go in sweet potato pie. So if the spice profile is the same, then what's giving you the flavor is the actual vegetable itself, because at the end of the day, we have to remember these are vegetable pies. Yeah, yeah, we picking somebody sat up and was like, okay, that vegetable because there's no regular potato. We're not doing this with a regular potato mm hmm. We're not doing this with butternut squash.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: We found whatever works. Rhubarb is just red celery, and I'm still not sure what we do with that because we're doing the same spices. That means that is the flavor of the sweet potato or the pumpkin itself, and letting you know it is delicious.
Speaker 1: I think I've made my position clear. I'm not saying one is trash and one is amazing. I'm saying that it slightly edges it out for me because of my past experiences. And now I want to hear from you, the listener. What do you think or do you go pumpkin? Do you go sweet potato. All right, I'm not going to judge you and act like you're crazy for picking either one. This isn't a situation where Douley and I are diametrically opposed. I'm just saying, no, how I feel.
Speaker 2: I think pumpkin Pie is awful. You like both of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where we are, But I wasn't. We're not at a thing where we both think the other ones is trash. It's what I'm saying. We've had much more heated debates about the thing than this one. There are things that you like that I hate.
Speaker 2: And we've proven that you were wrong on all of those fronts.
Speaker 1: Grills are trash, all right, Grills are terrible.
Speaker 2: Why Why are you going against people who are blessed?
Speaker 1: The chain is perfectly fine show the people you're blessed without having to you know, your entire mouth. Who yeah, listen, mm hmm, I'm listening.
Speaker 2: No better. There's so many ways to display that you're doing all right, right, there's nothing. This is the best part of the grill is the fact that it's removable. Okay, it's not a permanent goal too, to say an uncle in the eighties, all right, you're not selling crack, destroying your neighborhood in a new leather jacket, and a BMW.
Speaker 1: Chain is even more easily removable. I've seen I've seen grills get stuck.
Speaker 2: Listen, we were in chains for so long, Josh, wow, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. I don't actually agree with that. I don't actually agree with that. But people who were like have that kind of argument against chains, We're just like, I would never wear something that would boby. You're like, bro shut up. If you're broke, you're broke. Don't act like that. You don't wear a chain.
Speaker 1: That's a Brooklyn thing. That's a big They'll be on the interkob in Brooklyn talking about they had us in the chain, and now you want to buy the chain so you can wear the chain in front of the people that put us in the chains. Right, And it gives me the same energy as like, look, if you want a chain, what you're gonna have to do? Hm, what you gonna have to lay down, what you're gonna have to you have to put in that time, you're gonna have to put in that sweat. The chain is made of sweat, all right, Sweat poured together turns to gold, because that's the grind, damn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta make sure that I don't say it'll be yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just tear it me up every episode you've been really.
Speaker 2: So, what sweet potato things? How can I grind to turn these sweet potatoes in the diamonds, Joshua, Tell the people, Tell the people how they can be out there using these pies.
Speaker 1: Look, let me tell you something. If your sweet potato pie is not turning the gold, you haven't put the oven up high enough. Okay, all right, And if you can't put your oven up any high, you need to grind till you get a better up, until you get that stay as the art till you get that new new Okay, don't. I don't understand why people are out here still asking these questions when the book's already been written.
Speaker 2: All right, I hate this guy. No, look, just.
Speaker 1: Grind, just work, and it'll all work out.
Speaker 2: Okay, This new Josh has too much power. Oh my god, listen. I know this is a highly contentious, highly debated cultural argument and needs hear United States of a Merca cook cub. But just know, stick with your people, Okay, stick with your people. If you out here supporting sides. You know you have no business supporting. That's between you and your mama. Okay, but just know who you are, where you going from, and make sure you support the right side. You got your opinion. You can think what you want to think, but you know what you're wrong.
Speaker 1: And just so you know you can. You can be with your people. You can love and support your people without going with the herd. Okay. So if you if you wore life where did you a little dirty and you love it as much as other people, that's okay too, all right, that's all right too. Okay. If you if you've been done truly dirty by a pastry and you don't really love it the way that other people love it, you don't do that, it's good. You just say, Hey, I'm out here, I've had different experience, all right, I respect that.
Speaker 2: Maybe my experience comes to the fact that pumpkin tried to kill my mama, okay, and it's been I here trying to kill my mama since they were So we just want to thank you for listening to hold up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're the only in the world, yeah.
Speaker 2: Truthellors in the world, We're the only ones talking about what needs to be talked about. Pumpkins, plantains, lasagna. Okay, we're the only ones telling people why club bangers are better than anything that's out in the streets right now.
Speaker 1: That's not what we said. That's exactly what That's not what we said as a whole that that's what.
Speaker 2: We're talking about. That's what we're talking about. Look at these episodes, go back, find find your way. Okay, get your scorecard together. Okay, get your hold up scorecard together, and see where you stand. Are you on the right side of history or do you agree with Josh. That's what you have to figure out. Josh would have wrap this up for the people.
Speaker 1: If you are looking to catch up with us on the end of the socials, you can find me at Josh Johnson Comedy on Instagram, on TikTok, on YouTube, at Josh Johnson on Twitter, and if you're looking for Duel Say, you.
Speaker 2: Can find me on all the social media's at dul Say Sloan, d u l ce s l o a N. My name is dul Say and adultcha. My mother went to college and we got dates coming up. What you're gonna hear at the beginning ends on the podcast but look at listen, let's look us up. Listen to us, come see us in our city. Thank you for all the people that came out to my show in Chicago, and thank you for the people that have been coming out to our shows and telling us that they're big fans. Hold up. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you, and we hope you have an amazing rest of the weekend.
Speaker 3: We finally got off these of the park, all right.
Speaker 1: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever.
Speaker 2: You get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Fairmount Plus.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast