Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR. Yeah, Hey, isn't it odd? You have this powerful production voice now from the Fox Sports Radio studios that is Covino And then we're like, hey, guys that you're like here you goes no, because then I have to say the same thing he said from the Fox Sports radios to it. Now I have to be broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. And next week you know where we're gonna be. Where We're gonna be live in Atlanta Home. I'm pumped about this, man, Hey, filing it for DP. The brightest baseball athletes from HBCUs are about to make history in Atlanta. Catch the HBCU Swingman Classic presented by t Mobile and it's hosted by Ken Griffey Junior. And you could stay for the postgame fireworks at Truest Park. That's on July eleventh. For tickets, visit All Star Game dot Com and CNR is brought to you by Travis Matthew Apparel design for confidence and comfort no matter where the day takes you. Visit Travismtthew dot com receive twenty percent off your first order when you sign up for email. That's Travismatthew dot com for twenty percent off your first order when you sign up. You'd be rocking some Travis Matthew in Atlanta Boro. I'm bringing my Mets Baseball Collection shirt. Hell yeah, can't wait. And I'm also bringing my new Blue Road Lindor that I purchased. Well, I'd love to hear more about it. Rich, But we have lots to fit into this hour because we got Wednesday's Words of Wisdom with Big Mike. We got Midweek Major Mike, who runs his place. The guy he sits right there in the office's never.
Speaker 2: Heard of them.
Speaker 1: Midweek Major is something we do every Wednesday with Spott, Who's getting ready the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture. Plus your boy wants Soto. I want to make fun of him, Go ahead, have at it. But speaking of baseball and the All Stars and all the other stuff, there's a story about Raphael Devers and Will Clark, the Great willyeh. I find him to be highly entertained. I mean, yes, entertaining because he's a blowhard and he's funny, and he's like borderline insane hard maybe just old school baseball guy. Well, anyway, he's really intain He's grouchy and funny on social media. He's a type of god that's like, oh bathflip. He's like a grouchy, old yet entertaining guy. He's opinionated. Okay, well, apparently the Giants have a great relationship with Will the thrill Clark. We all love them growing up. He's a great ballplayer. A lot of former players a Francisco Yeah no, but they go back the legends and they try to help out. Not necessarily coaches, but they're there to help coach these younger players. I mean it happens all the time. The Mets had David Wright come by to sort of coach Vento's a third bas These type of things are normal. So they ask Will Clark to help Rafael Devers at first base because Rafaeld Devers clearly had no experience there and felt weird about it. He did in Boston, he put a big fuss up about it. But now I think his past with Boston makes this story pretty obvious. Devers is a pain in the ass. You can look at a multiple ways. So here's what happened that the giants, like you said, because of their relationship with Will the Thrill, have asked him to sort of advise and mentor Devers to get used to first base. And according to Will Clark, Devers is standing him up. Take a listen to the clip Friday.
Speaker 2: Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 3: He did not come out early at all, period, not at all. Matter of fact, he didn't even hit on the field. But Rafael Devers, the next time I'm in San Francisco, You're ass will be on the field at first base. Just letting you know that.
Speaker 1: Even if I got to.
Speaker 3: Go grab you but back of the neck and drag your ass out there, you will be at first base where me.
Speaker 1: Will Clark reminds me of David Keckner. You put a cowboy hat on him like the anchorman, or funny would say anchorman. It came out on this day twenty one years ago. He reminds me of of the comedian. Yeah, David Kickner. Will Clark now I don't know. To me, that's tough love and it's funny, and coaches and bosses tell people what to do. And I don't like the culture we live in now where it's like I don't care who you are. I don't know. How about you gotta do what you gotta do. You have a job to do. Do you tell your boss like, no, I don't like how you said that to me. Not do it? No, but do you do what you expects? But guess who's not Rafael Dever's boss. Yeah, but guess who the boss is being in to help out Rafael Devers.
Speaker 2: Will you guys are saying it wrong. It's Stevers.
Speaker 1: Well that Danny g thank you because number one, if I'm Rafael Devers, Rafael Davers, maybe he says.
Speaker 2: It that way.
Speaker 1: If I'm Rafael Devers. Actually I don't know what he sounds like because he always has a donut in his mouth. Raffael Devers should be putting in extra work, especially with the again, the stigma he has around him of being lazy in subordinated.
Speaker 2: You sound like a Kansas City morning radio host.
Speaker 1: But it's true. So you've got Will Clark, who's a legend in the game. He's a respected giant, a borderline Hall of famer, a three hundred lifetime batting average sort of guy who played a great first base, and Devors is too good to not show up. You snub somebody, dude, that's disrespect. You're forgetting the initial disrespect hand of standing someone up. Believe you because you're so hung up on Will Clark, said Devers. If your rock guy Devers show up three days in a row, if you're Raffael Devers and your disrespect, you're a young Dominican star and old ass, grumpy old Will Clark, let me finish. That's called your elder. Respect him? Who cares? If he's old ass Will Clark? Who cares? There's old guys that work here. Do you not respect? I gave you a chance to give your stupid s out of the story. I don't see you disrespecting old, asked Mike when he walks in here with his words of wisdom, because you respect your elders. He's not much older than you, guys thirty years older than me. I mean, he's like five years older than you. So why do you keep saying because Will Will Clark's old? Yeah, he doesn't deserve some sort of respect. He was a no show. If you're ghasted Clark, hey, if you're Rafael Devers, you're a twenty eight year old young Dominican star, and some rando to you, some rando old guy who hasn't won a ring, who hasn't won a ring, says, yeah, Rafael Devers first of all, called them the wrong name, says You'll get you quote. Your ass will be on the field. If I'm Rafael Devers, I'm telling Will Clark to lick my beep. Really, I'm sorry. Is this not sports? Don't coaches tell players what to do? Are you supposed to like treat them with little baby kid gloves?
Speaker 4: Coach?
Speaker 1: Tell you grow up in that culture. You think football and baseball coaches are polite? Get your ass out there and take some fly balls. That's how people talk. I mean, give me a tiptoe around raphaeld Devers in Boston. Give me an old radio Give me like an old uh sports radio guy or something like that, like the wolf Man Jack sports radio, sports radio, Uh, Jim Romers. I don't know Mike Francessa, all right, If Mike Francessa, Mike and the Mad Dog legend was like, oh yeah, yeah, Doggie. Uh. Mike Francessa said, yeah, you know what, I'm gonna teach at Corvenus how to do radio, and he's he's I'm gonna get his I'm gonna get his ass in that studio. I don't care what he says, Corvino, I'm gonna grab him by the back of the neck. Did I How on did I snub him? Three days in a row? But you respond respond to Will Clark has every reason to this him and it's called it's a sneak this he mispronounced his name. Yeah, whatever are you forgetting the initial snub? You bozo? He stood up a guy who gave up his time to help him three days in a row. What part of that are you missing? He deserves a little backlund. What Will Clark did was deserving. He stood him up three days in a row. You think Will Clark has nothing better to do it to help out Ralph Field Devers. You think there's anything productive about blowhard Will Clark saying the star of the team needs to grabbed by this name, trying to help the guy, and the guy didn't take any of his help. He left him there that's the disrespect, not Will Clark. You got it backwards, bro, swear man, I feel like you got dropped on your head. You see everything backwards. Rich lives in the upside down. The fact that he stood up Will Clark three days in a row means nothing to you. I'm reading the headlines Giants icon, Will Clark reveals that Dever stood him up. By the way, Will Clark ring or not. Fifteen years in the big leagues, most of his career with the Giants, eight years with the San Francisco Giants. They brought him there to help this guy thought he was too good to show up. That's the disrespect. If Mike Francessa was trying to help me out, Hey man, I respect him. He's a guy who's proved it in the game. I'm not going to disrespect him. Devers disrespected him. So what's happening now is we're seeing this become a sort of an open discussion where it should have been a behind the scenes sort of discussion. I think the Giants need to put this fire out right away because now you got a legend arguing with the current player, and it's a bad look. So I think what happened in Boston is happening again? Why what's the common denominator? Rafael Devers? I said it? He doesn't deserve my respect. Question why these guys in the big leagues I making millions of dollars? Show up? Why can't two things be true? Why can't Devers be a little bit of a pain in the ass and a little lazy? And why can't Will Clark be like an obnoxious, disrespectful veteran legend. And that's how like old school athletes talk seriously, like we're talking pro sports. Here are they big babies? They can't get your ass on the field. It's like that hurts his feelings.
Speaker 5: So the one thing I'll say about Will Clark, in spending half my childhood in the Bay Area is think of Danny Ainge in the NBA. That's kind of how Will Clark was in baseball. I respect the Giants fully, great rivalry with my favorite team, the Dodgers. No, but I'm saying he was that he was like a Danny Ainge type guy, like he loved to mix it up with all the other players.
Speaker 1: I get it, he's supposed to back off for I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: He should back off. I'm just saying I kind of expect this on it.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you guys all right, all right, now, let's flip the shoe. And that's the saying I use. Okay, I know, flip the script, but put the shoe on the other foot here, flip the show. You were instructed by iHeartMedia, Fox, Sports, Ray or whatever to help out some young hotshot who's really great but he's a little rough around the edges. You're like, really, all right, well, okay. If the bosses want me to do it, and you show up to help that guy and he doesn't show up, not one day, but two days, not two days, three days in a row, you're supposed to be okay with that. That's where the disrespect is, for you to see anywhere else is absurd. Absurd. How about the disrespect of mispronouncing the young star's name he deserved it, and then saying he's gonna drag his ass out on the field, grab him by the neck, good, good, because that's why they got rid of him in Boston.
Speaker 5: What if you felt like you were better though, than the old guy they were bringing in to try to tell you something?
Speaker 1: Really, what's his experience at first base.
Speaker 5: Oh really, well, not not just first but in general, Like, I don't I don't.
Speaker 1: Think he's not, but he's not. And I'm trying to I'm trying to think. I understand he go out the door. Everybody thinks they're the greatest, but clearly the Giants don't think so if they're bringing in a veteran player to help them out.
Speaker 5: But why can't Will Clark keep this behind closed doors with the organization.
Speaker 1: Because he's a buffoo. But that's why this is a story, right, So I agree there it's becoming. This should be behind you. You don't I agree with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't want to, like put the organization's new player on black.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 6: Maybe he would have kept it private if he didn't stiff him, if it was two times he stiffed him instead.
Speaker 1: Of three three stiffs.
Speaker 5: Dude, when you're in a position though now with the Giants, I don't think you put any of this out there. I think that that sidetracks what you're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: Is Will Clark supposed to have the Giants fan base not embrace their new star? Yeah, but are they supposed to disrespect the old stars? If Ben Rice disrespected Don Mattingley that way, I'd be like, screw Ben Rice. But Don Mattingly would be a fool to try to turn the Yankee fan base against Ben Rice. Will Clark for the record, just for the record, two hundred and eighty four home runs, career lifetime batting average of three to h three with almost twenty two hundred hits in the big leagues. He's a players looked up those numbers and he was like, man, he had no respect for it.
Speaker 2: He also had one of the most punishable faces.
Speaker 1: Will Clark. Hey, Danny, I know where you were going. Will Clark is a very punishable guy.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts on this, like, how do you see it? Because it is becoming more of a story, a developing story of man, I don't know notice is turning into the exact Boston. I find Will Clark very entertaining. But I think if you're trying to make the new guy feel welcomed, then the Giants fan base to embrace their the star that should be on their team for the next decade. If he wanted to be embraced, maybe he shouldn't snub the veteran players and people trying to help him. Well, first of all, get his name right, that's dial That was Second of all, because it's after the fact. It's after the fact. If someone disrespected you, you can be all kind about it. Bigger pictures that he needs to kiss Devers ass.
Speaker 6: Talking about I'm gonna call you Rich Dovis, Yeah, rich dumbassa cove.
Speaker 5: Is there something to be said about the Giants not learning anything from what happened in Boston? Ass if I'm if I'm running the Giants, I'm not even trying to put this guy anywhere near.
Speaker 1: First is the common denominator?
Speaker 5: I get that, but you just saw, you just saw what happened in Boston.
Speaker 1: And by the way, for the record, I'm a Yankees fan and Devers is a Yankees killer, and I've always sung his praises of what a natural, an incredible hitter he is. He's he's unstoppable. So everything I'm saying, I'm saying jokingly, but I do find it to be very disrespectful to the great Will Clark. I'm also a guy that respects his elders and the veterans, and I'm always open to hear what they say. And I believe Rafael never should have handled himself in a professional way and showed up well period to be better and if he really wants to do what's best for the team, two wrongs don't make a right or something like that. I mean, you have disrespectful, but we will. Will Clark was rude right back after being stood up three He's a grown man. A grown man stood up three days in a row. What good does that do for the Giants? Their future is based on Rafeael Dever's not old ass Will Clark. So who do you want the fans to embrace? You want? You want to give the fans a reason not to like the guy you just got in a huge trade? What do you guys think? Fox Sports Radio Nation. We want your feedback at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, and if we don't get to your phone calls, please chime in at Covino and Rich because I want to throw something at Rich. I really do, because there's no way Rich would ever deal with that disrespect from from anybody if he was giving up his time. You think Will Clark has nothing better to do? Well, you know we gotta do right now. It's Wednesday, and maybe we could agree on one thing, Mike runs this place, who has words of wisdom, and I respect them and I do. I would never stand him up three days in a row, ever, never, because I'm a good guy. But if he called you, Steve Corvino, he could. He can't like what you mean, Covenus, Corvenus, because you don't ask if Mike kuld say, because I respect him, Hey, youngster, get draft back in the studio. What am I gonna be like? Uncle Bee? I don't like the disrespect. Yeah, get out of here, all right, Yeah, you're a thrown man. I think you could take a little, uh, a little bit of a ribbing and you gotta again. These are coaches. He was an official coach, but he was there to coach. I. Well, you know what, let's get some words of wisdom from Big Mike who runs this place. And if you repeat it verbatim verbatim, which means word for word, word for word, you, my friends, could win a coveno on rich stainless steel. Swiggy Sam hit the music, hear Mike's words of wisdom and just repeat them. That's the game. Let's go. It's time for the guy that runs this place.
Speaker 2: Just for clarification, guys, Big Mic does not run this place. He is not in charge of everything. He has no power over really anybody here. He does not run this place.
Speaker 7: It's Big Mike's words of wisdom on a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Always remember half of the people you meet in this world have below average intelligence. Oh, I'm just still trying to think about it. I think he's talking about me. I think I think so.
Speaker 5: Well, we have to make an executive decision here. The phone lines are all jammed because you guys were just arguing over a really good hot take and yeah, so now it's like the contestants are going to be blocked.
Speaker 1: Oh good it. Let it simmer. Maybe they'll forget it. Yeah, we have you know, we have a lot of prizes to give way. Are you saying that most of these people are below intelligence, that we're half of clown?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know what, if you want to if you want to win a Swiggy, try to get through the phones are clogged eight seven seven nine nine on Fox. And we can't help it if we're so damn popular you want us to do, man, but your thoughts on Dever's we'll clock will take that, but we'll try to get a winner. And you know it goes at my theory, Danny Mike's wards wisdom sort of tie into a sentiment you and I have been discussing, which is not every quarterback could be a top ten quarterback. There are quarterbacks you have to accept. And we talk about the league, thirty plus teams, there's gonna be a bottom third. No one wants to put their quarterback in the bottom third. But by default, you know, like if there's pageant girls, they could all be smoking hot. It is one of them that comes in the last place. It just happens, right, So your answers to Big Mike, some devors, Will Clark will do that next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: Do you want to try to take one contestant one got through between all the devors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, a tough one.
Speaker 1: I think we should do it. You know what, Let's see it.
Speaker 2: Let's try.
Speaker 1: Let's if Jake could do it, and then we'll come back. We'll talk some Devers and Will Clark and then Spot's got mid week makes.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Indy. All right, Jake, pressure's on you, bro, Jake. Hey, Jake, always remember.
Speaker 9: People you meet in the.
Speaker 1: World, you're blow away man, grenade blow Always remember I gave you a chance to win a swiggy and you blew. Danny, you blow melted phone line. I wish you luck with the Jampack phone lines. We'll get a winner for Big Mike's words of wisdom Dever as well Clark and again Spots words of Wisdom Spots Spots does not have words Wisdom Spots Midweek Major coming up right here on Covin on Rich. If you're looking for your next job, like Raphael Devers, I'm just kidding. Uh, you know it could be a lonely process. Let Express Employment Pros be your one connection to finding a job. Hey, you don't want a job where some crusty old veterans telling you what to do and mispronouncing your name just because he's sixty one is to make him crusty. Job Seekers at Express Employment Pros rank Express Best of Staffing in twenty twenty five for helping them finding a job. With more than eight hundred and seventy locations, Visit Express Pros dot com to find an office near you. With Express, you have your own local recruiter as your advocate in your job search, and job seekers never pay, never pay a fee. Every year hundreds of thousands of people find meaningful work through their local Express office. Whether you're looking for a role in logistics such as warehouse positions, forklift operator or customer service jops, Express has you covered. Express also hires for roles in IT, general labor and grounds maintenance, and Express even has access to jobs that aren't posted. So visit expresspros dot com. Get connected. Find your local Express office today at expresspros dot com. Remember there's no fees for job seekers. Let Express help you take that next step in your career. Visit expresspros dot com. The world famous Covino and Rich back at a regular time, but next week in for Dan Patrick again Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Yeah, live from Atlanta All Star Game. We're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio right now. For over forty years, ty Iraq has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tiraq dot comly tire buying should be and be sure to check out Fox Sports Radios YouTube channel. Search Fox Sports Radio on YouTube. See all the video highlights from all the shows. Our show. Our bonus show is on Fox Sports Radios YouTube channel. You could watch over promised with Covino and Rich. Episode ninety nine was great and we're gonna get some midweek major going in a minute. But two points I want to make before we wrap up Devers and Will Clark.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Number one, you remind me of an annoying wife for girlfriend who forgets the order of how things went down. Okay, meaning your wife or girlfriend often say things like I'm not going to forgive you for saying that I had a terrible attitude. I'm like, yeah, but do you remember why I said that? You said that my mama wears combat boots. You were talking about my mama, So I said, hey, pipe down, you got a terrible attitude. You're forgetting the sequence of events. This stood up Will Clark three days in a row when Will Clark was giving up his own time to help out the guy in first base. And all you're stuck on is the fact that Will Clark called him Raphael Devers okay, and he and said he was going to get his ass on the field. Okay. That's how coaches and veterans talk. It's baseball. It's sports and my second part, I'm glad you said that. Will Clark's sixty one, I think around sixty, and I say it respectfully. Older listeners of Fox Sports Radio. You just start saying everything wrong. I know from experience because my dad says every name under the moon the wrong way. And Will Clark's one of those guys. He's old school. I'll back you up. Every dad does say every probably thinks it divers I do think that happens in relationships. You're right, and especially in sports. How many times does an athlete comment on something and you're like, can you believe I said that? And you're like, just what did the reporter ask him? So we'll get to your devor's calls, but real quick, let's go to Corbin in Oklahoma. He thinks he has a chance to win this Swiggy repeat Mike's words of wisdom, Corbyn, and you got this. Let's uh, let's put this one in the books. What do we for word?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Corbyn? Let the music simmer here for a second.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Corbyn, whenever you're ready, buddy boy.
Speaker 10: Always remember half of the people's meet in this world at below average intelligence.
Speaker 2: I think he got it.
Speaker 1: He did you win a winner? Chicken di rats? Man, you just want to swiggy? Hey Corbyn, you the man, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congrats.
Speaker 5: We're going to send one out to you at Oklahoma, one of the final CNR swiggies from our inventory.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bud. Thank you. If you want to qualify for one, follow rate and review our podcast for free Apple podcas Us and say something nice. Leave a nice review.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Let's go rapid fire on the Devers, Will Clark and then Spot's standing by with Midweek Major Jr. My brother in Florida.
Speaker 9: What's up man, Hey guys, one way in on that yeah Clark deal. I don't know if you guys heard the article I saw Red that said that.
Speaker 4: I thought the.
Speaker 9: Same thing of how the heck you you stand up willed the thrill three days in a row. But then Clark went on to say an article he understood because uh, because Devers made a big deal Out'm not playing first base in Boston and he said today he was coming out there. He was supposed to meet him. It's going to be, you know, twenty five feet away from the Red Sox in the dugout so that's kind of changed my thinking because I agree covid what you guys are saying. How the heck would you would you would you stand up?
Speaker 1: Will? Will By the way, if you did read on, Will backpedaled a little bit, saying like, well, I guess I ought to understand because it was against the Red Sox and it was, you know, like it just the timing was was weird. Our buddy Mercer chimed in on social media at co and Rich. He said, O'Neil Cruz is getting a reputation of being lazy and not having his head in the game. If the Pirates brought in Andy Van Slight to help him out to become a better center fielder and stood him up three times, I'd want him off the team the next day. Damn all right, JP in the Bay Area, he is some insight. What's up San France?
Speaker 4: Hey, how's the guy get How are you guys doing well?
Speaker 2: Got man?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Fantastic? Okay, So I sent you guys a couple of things on Twitter. I'm the villain that you need. Yes, So here's the thing. As the guy previously said, Will Clark did him back pedal. He said he understood where he was coming from, because the week that it was, he's twenty feet in front of the dugout. Doesn't want to have to deal with that. But here's the other thing you guys need to understand. Yeah, when Devers actually got here, he was actually taking ground as at first that same day. First of all, so he was doing it that same day no matter what. Second, this actually all started with Will Fleming, who's an announcer for the for the Boston Red Sox, who's actually brothers with Dave Fleming, ANNOUNCERR that you guys put on earlier that did the Inside Park. Oh men. He went on Weei first and saying, oh look what he did? He you know, he he stiffed them. He you know, he was talking all this junk about Devers. So that's why Burnsey asked Will Clark about it, for him to go ahead and smooth it all out. That's where it all started. It didn't start with Will Clark coming out of nowhere and saying it. It actually started Will Fleming going.
Speaker 1: On, w e yes, you you're a bay Ay guy, a Giants fan. I'll take your word. Are most Giant fans getting a little testy with Devers? Or are they like, yo, he's cool, he's our guy.
Speaker 4: No, No, everybody understands what was happening here. He's cool with him. Oh. Plus, just real quick, the reason why Will Clark was here. He didn't necessarily just take his own time. Actually, that weekend was autism weekend, which Will's son is autistic and saw his mind. And that's why I kind of have the kinship with him. So that's why he was here anyway. So he figured a half, I'm a beater, I'll go ahead and I'll do it. It's not like he flew out the way out here from New Orleans there in Mississippi where he lives. You know, he was out here, you know, for that weekend anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but maybe Will Clark is backpedaling a little bit. Good points Jpaper because giants are like, yo, man, we need to put this fire out. We don't want it to become a Boston situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really really quick, to show we can and embrace Will Clark no matter who we root for. Steve and Boise called in. He said, do you guys know Will Clark's very first at bat, first pitch of his career.
Speaker 2: He hit a home run off of the great Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's I did. I didn't know that, you know what, and I find him very entertaining. I just think, you know, you know, let's uh, the funds are we'll never get to everyone, but let's go to spot right now, it's time for mid Week Major.
Speaker 7: Let's go Covino and Rich get you over the middle of the week. When mid Week Major Major, I love that we throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids say.
Speaker 1: That's som we definitely.
Speaker 7: See in our score.
Speaker 1: Mid Week Major, I.
Speaker 2: Go really faster to give Spotty two and a half minutes.
Speaker 1: Let's just skip my intro.
Speaker 6: Let's go and.
Speaker 2: You got to roll the two red love guy for first take.
Speaker 5: Three, all right, that's easy to beat usually six Rich, all right, that's the first take in Now, ladies and gentlemen, the most famous person from Scotch Points, New Jersey besides Judy Bloom Spotty Boys.
Speaker 6: The w NBA edition of NBA two K two six has been released and it features exactly who you may expect on the cover, and that's Ken Clark. That's consecutive three times Sportswoman of the Year. Angel Reese. So, according to NBA two K general manager Zach Armitage, the NBA two K two six is celebrating the Bowld, the confident divisionaries, and w NBA Star All Star. Angel Rees carries all of that on and off the court. Of course, many people scratching their heads as to why she was chosen over Kitlyn Clark, feuding the rumor or fueling their feud Midweek or mate.
Speaker 1: I am so happy Rich has first take on this. Oh, I think this is uh. I mean major and Week at the same time.
Speaker 9: We definitely major.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you why. Because it's major. Because they put Angel Reese on, It's gonna cause controversy. But I think at the end of the day, who cares is on the cover. I know it's a big deal, but it's women's basketball video game. You really play this. But I do think that Angel Rees a lot of I think Angel Rees Kaitlin Clark drama only does great for the NBA w NBA. I think anytime these women are being caddy, I'm leaning into it one hundred percent. So yeah, I think it's good, good, good look. I think it's so mid because if they really wanted to market this game, they position it like Jordan. Actually the game was Jordan versus Brow, which is odd because they weren't really rivals, but that was the game. But they put him face to face on the cover, rename the game because that's what people care about. Nobody cares about Yeah, no, I don't want to say Angel Reese, but they care about the few. They care about the rivalry and I don't know. It's it's a mid story all around, all right.
Speaker 6: Excited to head to Atlanta for the MLB All Star festivities next week. Game is going to look a little bit differently than in years past, and that's because the game will be the first non spring training game to feature the new automatic balls and strike system.
Speaker 2: I don't know saw that.
Speaker 6: This year was the full full year in spring training that they used it after the miners. Teams had two challenges per game and retain after the challenge one. Only the batter, pitcher, catcher can call the challenge. The system still being fine tuned, and Commissioner Rob Manfred has hoped to roll out the system for the regular season next year, so this might be a step in that direction.
Speaker 1: Midwaker major Oh what now they're doing the whole tap on the helmet, like you could challenge a call. I think that's cool because I didn't hate it in spring training, and I love All Star games and things like that is a good way to sort of find two in these things. I think it's cool. I think it'll be fun when when Skeins thinks he struck out Aaron Judge and Aaron Judge like so fair, which cool is not one of the options I had to play. So definitely cool. Thank you think it dealy cool. I'm a coolte major too, because it could lead to a permanent change in the game, and I'm okay with it. I think it's really cool. I think umpires need to check their egos at the door. It's not about them. It's about getting the call right and let's let's get this going. I'm all for it. I think one of the coolest things in spring training was when Jazz Chisholm on the Hikes was so confident that he knew it was ball four even though he got punched out, that he ran down to first base like no, I know, I know. Oh cool?
Speaker 6: All right, major major, a cool TikTok gymnast influencer whatever she is these days, let me done. Who's also, of course, you know, the famous girlfriend of Pirates pitcher Paul Skens recently revealed in a TikTok that she was denied her first real estate purchase, so she was eyeing up Babe Ruth's apartment out of New York City building.
Speaker 1: Sam played the sound.
Speaker 8: A few months ago. I decided I was going to make my first real estate purchase, which is so exciting, and I was going to get an apartment in New York City. But the gag was it was Babe Ruth's apartment. So naturally, like I'm telling everybody, I'm excited, I was gonna buy it and I was gonna pay with cash, like I wanted this apartment bad. Then the week that I'm supposed to get my keys to my brand new apartment, I get a call the co Op board denied me. So pretty much the people in the building voted to not have me live there, which is fine, Like, honestly, it wasn't financial. Maybe they didn't want a public figure living there. But I was literally supposed to get the keys and that week they denied me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, co Op, we're notorious for denying people on the simplest things. So Ruth apparently lived back there live there in nineteen twenty nine. But this, of course, has sparked rumors that perhaps her boyfriend is eyeing up a move to the Bronx. I don't know, or Queen's or the Bronx. The Bronx, I mean, come on, why would you go to New York to play for in the Queens?
Speaker 1: Queens? I mean, why would swan Soda Midweek or Major. I think this is major because you know, I get Pittsburgh's not that far away from New York. But when you're a serious like the schemesn't done, which by the way, sounds like a country group. So I think that the fact that she's eyeing up like big time real estate in New York City shows that, yeah, this whole like scheme's getting no run support with an era like minuscule, and he's won one game in the last seven starts like he's moving. It's not. He's not gonna see it out in Pittsburgh. I just hope it's Queens and not the Bronx. Major in every way, Paul Skins one of the biggest names in the game, and I think it's major that these people in these h o ways are on such a power trip or whatever boards they are board. You know, it's New York. There is such a power trip. They're like, we don't want public figures like Livvy done. You know, I would love to see Livy Dune walking up and down the hallways where I live. Give me a break. It's the only murders from the building. Like those boards of people are old, they're like eighty year old. But they probably would even enhance the value they'd make pay Ruth's pad even sweeter. It's a cool story. But I really do believe that this means great things for the Yankees. I really believe that the Mets. No, I don't believe that. I wonder if that apartment still has a smell, a little hint of hotthog smell. Yeah, the baby liveta Thank you. All right, let's go to our buddy and yours for an up date. What's up, Chris?
Speaker 11: All right, guys, let's catch you up on the baseball scoreboard going on right now. The Phillies just got done smacking around the Giants' final score.
Speaker 1: Is that is not right? Let me just update this here real quick. I think it was eighteen zero, yeah, thirteen thirteen to zero. You weren't that far off.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I originally wrote down seven, and I'm like, that's that's still low. That that number is low. You gotta pump thousand numbers of those are rookie numbers.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 11: White Sox defeat the Blue Jays two to one. The Brewers walk off the Dodgers three to two, completing their three games sweep of Los Angeles. The New York Yankees have designated dj Lemayhew for assignment. The two time batting champion is still owed about two million on his contract between now and next season. Earlier, at Wimbledon, let's get you caught up there, Yannick Centner defeated the American Ben Shelton in three sets to move on to the men's single semi finals, where he will face drum roll please, Novak Yokovich. Djokovic, Excuse me? Who almost screw that up? I've had I've had big mic coming in here, yelling at me because apparently he thinks I'm adding a tea every time I say Wimbledon.
Speaker 1: But I can't really stop that. You should do it on purpose, I know, I am, I am.
Speaker 11: He tried to say, you're you're driving insane I'm like mission accomplished anyway, that fourteen appearances in the semi Finalston that sounds a lot more English British if you think about.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a Pims Cup?
Speaker 11: A great fantastic I just got a bottle for this, h Anyway, most in history, passing Roger Federer for semi final appearances on the women's side. Swayatk punches her ticket for first ever Wimble Dunn semi final and uh in her career, defeating Ludmila Samsonova in two sets. Tampa Bay Times reporting that Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive lineman two time All Pro Trisan Wurf's underwent arthur'scopic surgery on his right knee on Tuesday. He is probably going to miss the start of the NFL season as he will probably be headed to the physically unable to perform list, meaning he will miss the first four games of the year. And in the Club World Cup, we have our final set Paris Saint Germain whooped around Real Madrid for nil, and they are on to face Chelsea in East Rutherford, New Jersey, on July thirteenth. All right, Covino, and a rich back to you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Thank you, thank you. You should also upset Mike and say real Madrid instead of real. See what he says. I'm a soccer guy. I couldn't do that. I know you said nil. Remember it's Rafael divers.
Speaker 11: Of ours at one time. One time, I had never said the word or dervs out loud.
Speaker 6: I was just thinking or jerves would be funny to say. So I can I say this without getting dumped? Sam, Well, oh, don't do it right now, because we're at a break, a right break. TAM's like, no, hey, maybe it was the middle of the segment. I'd be fine with it.
Speaker 7: Bi.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, we got more Cavino and Rich, thank you, profet. Next right here on Fox Sports Radio, would you say about my mama? Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Covino and Rich gonna be broadcasting live from the MB All Star Game next week. Can't wait, Atlanta, the ultimate baseball hotspot. You'd be part of the excitement at Capitol One All Star Village this Saturday, July twelfth through the fifteenth, Tuesday the fifteenth, head to Cobb Caloria for baseball fun, live entertainment, and interactive games. Buy tickets today at all Star Game dot com and do your summer plans include a new job. Well, if you want to work with an expert in your local jobs market to find the right role, all you gotta do call Express Employment Professionals go to expresspros dot com and Express never charges job seekers a fee. Now, before we get out of here, we talked a lot of baseball today. We talked some football today. How about we talk a moment of NBA. Just to put a little bow on an action pack. Covino on Rich Wednesday Show. I can't wait to read all the feedback later though, So continue hitting us up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys melted the phone lines with that Devers thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and to the point where I had to reset the phone system and didn't get Corbyn in Oklahoma's info.
Speaker 2: So Corbyn call us back.
Speaker 1: Hit us or hit us up at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio hashtag Rich is wrong. Everybody Sean, by the way, hit us up in La. He listens out here on the iHeart app. He said, he goes, what about skeens to the Dodgers. I said, how dare you say such a thing like imagine if they got the Dodgers? Imagine if the Dodgers got Skeens, I would throw up, He'd be injured. Oh amen, Eh, all right, NBA, real quick before you get out of here, Cavino, you alluded to it. Early ticket sales off the charts, Summer League, Cooper Flagg's debut, and you're also going to get Bronnie James. So a record high for more than Wemby, more than Bronnie's game a year ago. So is the buzz for Cooper Flag? Is he going to be a must watch the most? If this is any indication, yes, because it's the most expensive Summer League ticket of all time. Cooper Flag versus Bronnie James. Tickets are selling get this for a historic amount. Lower Bowl tickets are going for about six hundred and fifty damn for court side tickets are going for twenty five hundred each. I mean we're talking about Summer League, like summer league game no one really know is playing except a couple of stars. But it exhibition. Do you it's exhibition? Do you think Cooper Flag is going to be the all eyes on this rookie type of guy. I guess maybe I'm downplaying. I don't think there's any doubt do you remember he's a he's a major draw if people are willing to pay this much for a preseason Do you remember what put him on the map? Do you remember he scrimmaged against Team USA and he was like not only holding his own, but he was he was out playing NBA stars. And that's how that's what's not put him on the map. If you're a college basketball fan, I'm sure you know of him, but that put him on the mainstream map where people like, wait a minute, who people like, what's going on? And you were seeing the highlights. So Cooper fla. The fact that they're marketing this as Cooper Flag versus Bronnie James makes it even more exciting. And what do we talk about? The NBA needs young stars to emerge and they got to play this right Cooper Flag Bronnie James. Let's see, let's watch hype it up and I know it's really cool, like Bronnie James could really step out of the shadows if he performs well. We changed a narrative immediately starting tomorrow, like, no, Bronnie James really played big because all eyes were on this game because of Cooper Flag. So it's gonna be exciting tomorrow. I'll tune in. And would you pay twenty five hundred dollars for that? I see, absolutely no. We were in Vegas for Wemby's debut and I remember being like Dan, that was that was a big ticket. This is even bigger. So enjoy. We'll see you guys later. Let's go, Mets, We'll see you tomorrow. Until then, rive dere Chi baby, see you good night, goodbye, guys,