Speaker 1: Welcome to Point Game with John Wall and CJ Toldonno presented by DraftKings. Don't forget DraftKings is your home for all the action across the NBA and gets too close to the game. We all love. The Crown is yours guys. Special episode. I'm gonna bring on our guests right now because he is maybe my favorite person of all time. On today's episode, we were joined by four time NBA champ, three times Finals MVP, fifteen time all start the Big Aristotle himself, Ladies and gentlemen, Shaquille O'Neill on Point Game. Shaquille, how you doing man?
Speaker 2: First of all, CJ, that guy did a radio voice when you talking to me.
Speaker 1: I just I don't usually talk like this. I'm like Shack is on. I think I have to, like felt, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: John Wall?
Speaker 4: So, Ladie, thank you for coming on today. Man, I ain't doing much. Chi how you I'm doing good?
Speaker 2: Brother? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Not much? You wanted to have you on the show, and you know, just talk NBA playoffs and then I had a few questions about your story and we just want to talk ball if that's cool with you. Of course, So I know you're on You're on you know TV every night talking to playoffs happening right now. But we wanted to start off the show by talking about the Knicks. You know, they went up to Oh, then they went to Indiana and the Pacers came right back. So I wanted to ask, do you think the Knicks are tired? Do you think TIBs game plan and playing you know, only like seven eight guys and playing them at major run times is affecting them now?
Speaker 2: Yes? And no, because John will understand what I'm about to say. It's a lot more physical back in our day. I hate going back to our day, but it was way more physical. Like, I don't see how you can just be tired from running pick and rolls other day. No, it ain't really know our flag fowles and I ain't really I don't know, you know. So you know, like I hear a couple of guys talking about physical the game, but that's not really the physical that John and myself were used to. So I don't see how they can be tired. But I like Brunson's response, Hey man, no excuses, we just got to come out, you know, play our game. I really I knew Brunson was nice. I didn't know he was that nice. Mins what John used to do and moms be with a AI did a guy that was very small, but just you know post up the fadeaways getting to the lane, absorb a lot of contact and you know he's he's he's doing very well. Well. Man been lighting it up too, Uh Spanish cat that was a golden state what was his name? Lighting up?
Speaker 5: But he going back to like he had the National championship game.
Speaker 2: Yeah he fired. Just listen. Both teamers did what they're supposed to do. They want it home. I really liked Tyree's Holiberry. I like his game. I like the way that that team was playing. The game three almost let it get away, but you know game four that they came back and they played with more desperation in the next thing and they just blew him out. But as we all know, this next game is the most important game was important, and like I needs to hear that a lot in the playoffs, and I'm sure you did too, Gent we need this game just like the most. But this game five, with three games left, I think the team that wins this game is the team that's gonna win the series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's mostly I go. You know, whoever win Game five was two too. They usually win the whole series. And like you said, I think the Knicks I don't like it's not that physical. I just think they're not playing. They played guys, they play a lot, but you know, Og going down really hurt them a lot. I mean Og is a big piece of their team, and there was twenty six and five when he played, and I think just Haliber when he's been aggressive. Since Game one, he's been more aggressive, and their team goes how he goes. So when he's aggressive, they're tough to deal with.
Speaker 5: I think it goes. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Before I had it going six to seven, but I don't know. I think Indiana might get it in six. If they can win in that game, that'll be nice. So last night we saw Dinner Top of series too too. Who you think we're in that series?
Speaker 5: And why?
Speaker 4: Because I know when we've seen what happened with Minnesota the first two games, we're like, oh shit, it's getting bad.
Speaker 2: Kat is the key and went crazy last night with forty something and Cat had a thismal game. You know, they can both play well like they did in game one and two. It'll be tough for Denver. Listen, you're not gonna stop joking jokers. He's a he's he's he's different. You know, we can't let Jamal get off. So again, I just said forty two seconds ago, this next game is gonna be most important. I like I like the young fella, and because he reminds me of us old school players talk smack. And you know, I was watching at the end of the game when he was talking to Jamal, and we actually on TNTs. I had I told his ass say I like that, and so you know, I know he's gonna be ready. But if Kat can, if Kat can give me a thirty something and give me a thirty something, I still let in Minnesota. But we can never count out the champs. They woke up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need I think Catney to be like like the series he was against Phoens, he was posting up KD a lot when they going smaller guys on them with Michael Porter and Carwell Pope. He has to post up more. Yeah, and I think he's standing on the perimitive a little too much. And they kind of go back to what we said and I are the physicality in the game, like he should be dominant down there to make them get double teams, to open up over shots for those other guys, because's gonna be man.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: He's been aggressives, being spent tackling all playoffs and he's not backing down.
Speaker 5: He's talking his ship and he wants all to smoke.
Speaker 2: And I hate when cats you got to get in and drive and be flailing looking for a car bro just taking one or two jewels and just go up from just go apart. But you know, he uh, he's the key. And you know, whenever we have whenever you have one two punch, if you want to go far, the one and the two have to play well playoffs. That's that's unfortunate. You know a lot of teams have you know, three or four guys that can you know, come in on any night and play well. But in all for Minnesota get to the next level, they have to play well. And the nas read that's you know, kicking and you know all the others have to kick in no shack.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you if Yokic goes out and leads them to close the series on the next two games, do you think your opinion and your stance on Yokic form MVP changes a little bit, no.
Speaker 2: Because I was always taught that the MVP is a regular seasonal war. So you know, I like that, And I hate when people act like they don't hear me when I speak clearly, when I see the reason why I told Joker man the man, because you know, when you say things, everybody want to get in and twisted, and the first thing I want to say, you're the best big man in the league. But this is no disrespect to you. I want to tell you here so people ain't twitting out words. I thought SGA should have got to do V That's that's not a disc. That's cool, that's called real You John, You my guy. But I think DEEPH. Curry got better handled. That ain't a distant John John, you my guy, But I think a spell Away jump higher than you. That's not a disc. That's just how But you know, you know, you get all these ears that don't want to get on that little platform and you don't make a name for this ulf and trying to trist my words, like when they say I don't like all big men, I don't. But I like Joker I like him be and I don't think I have to say anything bad about Joker because he plays the game in the right way. He keeps his teammates involved, he plays his style, he does what he does. But I think what SGA did, and I'm sticking up for the kid. You know, nobody else is Listen, He's one of fifty players that got thirty points in fifty games. Nobody was talking about Okay. See at the beginning of the year. It was Denver, it was Philly, it was Boston. They threw the Lakers in there, the Golden State. Can they make a last run with the Clippers and everybody, all those names, nobody said the name about Okay. Seeing what that kid did was tremendous. Now the fact that he has to start all over and it g's what. It ain't gonna be easy next year because at Man Coming, at Man Coming, you know, Victor coming, you know, yeah, a lot of people coming. So this shit's unfortunate when you work hard like that and then you don't come away with that award. Because I've said this for many years, what is the criteria for most lygule player? You can't say most player, which is a singular award that always include the team. I think that I think it should be if your team is one through eight, you can be concerned in m v P. John and myself know, MVP means the baddest motherfucker in the league period.
Speaker 4: For sure, that's what And I'm glad you brought it up because I was like the criteria. I'm like, for one day, I always said it was winning. They always said, have these numbers, but that's not it. That's not MVP. That means I'm not the most valued player to my team. And what Shade did. Everybody had them as a playing team. Nobody had them finish in top three, top two in the West, and they go out there and get the number one seed. And what he did every night, he's the go to guy down the stretch. He got those young guys to play at a high level with the youngest team in the league. So for sure, you know, I mean, YO want to congratulations. Like you said, he's the badest motherfucking the game. We're not taking away from them, but I feel like Edgy should have been MVP this league. And there's nothing against Yokuss, nothing against none of the other guys. Because if I feel like if m B would have been healthy, he probably would have won it.
Speaker 5: The numbers he was putting.
Speaker 2: There and then and then you could tell the voters the voters don't know what they're doing. I may have fifteen votes, really that she had fifteen votes? Come on, bro, So how far? How far you think a man can go in his league? Really far? I think if they continue to put the right pieces around him, and you know, he just keeps playing the way he plays. Listen, the kid is a nice looking kid. He is a great personal out here. I know he's gonna go over there and do work in the Olympics or something. He's just making his name for so you know, because you know, so it's not really a big market, but you know, because he's he's on the team, they're probably gonna get way, way, way, way more TV game. So you got to you got to listen. He can like they're to be making comparisons and Jordan and d Wade, But I like the way this kid plays because he plays the right way, and he plays hard and he played with that tenacity of a dog.
Speaker 4: You think he takes that d way role on the Limby team has a sixth man no, d Way came in a year.
Speaker 2: No, I think I think I think his personality. Listen, he's a he's a team player like you like me, but he knows where Hey this this dude from France can't guard me. I'm gonna go to work. He's not gonna go there and be like this my team. But when he gets that ball, he's gonna be looking to do what he do first and if not, he's gonna make the right play. So you know, d Wade was was similar. He was like that. When you know, d Wade was like the ultimate team player. He could have been the leader that team. But when you got all those big names personality, sometimes just okay to sit back because as you know, we all can eat. We all can eat. Like you know, just because one guy gets gets all the credit, I'm still going to, you know, do what I do. I learned that in college. I'm playing a guy named my mood Off Duro, because you know, I was. I was telling my sons this, because you know, I was telling my sons that my life is always like this. High school was not really good. Number one high school play go to college, Hey man, you gotta wait your turn. Number one College player. Amen, you come to the NBA, they got marketing, they got you want to and then you just move work work work, work, work, work work. So you know d Wadding is the guy that is just the you know, An'll be the guy just sit back and when everybody do anything. But when he gets his opportunity to make noise, he definitely made a noise period for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let him be into Okay, Shack. I wanted to get into some shack news. There's been some stories right now about the bidding war a little bit between NBC and with NBA rights, and I think I speak for everyone when we say if next season is the last season inside the NBA, that's going to break our hearts. So I wanted to know what sort of going through your mind right now seeing some of that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't really have any information on it. On it, Yeah, I don't like to think left. I think right, But you know, uh, I agree with you. If it would be the end of that show, I think it would be a travest everyone first to Plat Boys break up, first run DMC break. But we don't have a lot of information. We don't know what's going on, but hopefully the powers that be will make sure that the show goes on forever.
Speaker 1: Well, can you also just speak on like how you know people said or Ernie has said he's gonna stay with Turner and you know, maybe you guys go find a new home, and can you just kind of speak on how important Ernie has been to the run.
Speaker 2: I don't listener. Ernie is the best in the business. And again, I don't want to think left, get right, I don't want to think right. We get another thing here right now, I'm actually in the same place you're. We don't know, we don't know what's going on. So we'll just sit back and you see what happened. But hopefully, hopefully you know, the show can do.
Speaker 4: For sure, that's the best show in business. Man, y'all be having everybody's dying life. They gotta keep it. I mean, mind came up there when they were doing the All Star thing.
Speaker 5: One time.
Speaker 4: We was up there joking in the back. I was like, only y'all see behind the scenes. These ship is hilarious. It's all jokes and comedy back there. So the lottery they did, the lot of Atlanta, Washington, Houston got the topic pick. Some people are complaining yet again that the worst team didn't crack the top three, Like, what do you think about that?
Speaker 5: And what's the benefits of the lottery.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's out there, but you know they're talking about this kid in France and how it will be the next generation play that's it's been the same way forever. So I don't I don't like when they take things and change it, like when they change the All Star Game the first team to get them up. Bro, let's just play. But I would like to see a TV USA versus Team World. I will. I would like to see that also because you know some guys take the some dope come in because I did both.
Speaker 5: So but in.
Speaker 2: Atlanta, so GM John Wall, do you keep Trey and de Jonte or do you trade him and get that number one pick? And you telling what would you do for me?
Speaker 5: I think uh.
Speaker 4: I think they made the trade with to Jonte just in case they might want to move on from Tredeon down the road. I mean, because he's been the point guard in San Antonio, so I would trade him somewhere. But I would let the Johnte Murray because of darring point guard for them trade Treyon, let him start. For me, I was saying earlier before we got on, I think trading trade to San Antonio would be dope to put him with win me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you think pop Pop won't let them shoot them eighty for us?
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, sometimes we need some control.
Speaker 4: Sometimes we need to adjustment, you know, sometime we need some adjustments to get things right way, kind of like of you, like Phil Jackson, probably you probably did some stuff before.
Speaker 5: When Phil came, he was like Lizen Shanker.
Speaker 4: For us to get to where we want to get to, to get to you where you want to get to, we gotta make some changes. And like you said, for us, it's pros if we want to really worry about winning and get to our next steps in our crew, we got to make certain adjustments. That's true, and I think that'll be a nice adjustment to make well.
Speaker 1: Piggybacking on that, can you tell us kind of specifically why you think you and Kobe worked so well because we don't see like we see guard big combos, you know, with Jamal and jo Kicch and I think we can say why that worked, But I'm curious what you think works so well between you and Kobe mentality.
Speaker 2: And when you got two guys competing with each other on the same team and nobody's going to break, that's feels disaster everybody else. Yeah, I've said this as a big man, and this was talking to me about Dominique Wrookins. We want to be a dominate big man. Got average twenty eight two, that's the parts sport. So I'm glad you get my twenty eight. I don't really care what anybody else to do. Now, got another guy and try out and do you and get twenty eight thirty They go sixty points right there. Now you got to do is get him with Derek Fisher And they said, you know what, Shack's tired. Then to go to Kobe. You know Kobe and Kobe just missed four chants in a row. Then to go to shat. Now you need a guy that's going to you know, hit deadly chat. It's a big shot blob. Now you need a veteran the calm everything down, Bryant shut. Now you need a guy really tough on defense, Rick Fox. So you know the fact that and then Johnny he made a great point about sacrifices because I was a good free throw shooter. I had to sacrifice and say you go out, go o young fella, you take it. And once I started doing that, we started winning championship. I'm gonna go and get my twenty year earlier, get the team at a penalty boom boom bam, and do that hopefully. You know, I'm hitting free throws. But in the full quarter especially, had been clothing games, just giving the ball and we'll just go over and we would have to revert to a role player, get offensive, rebound, sit and pick some mature and once we establish that, you know, we definitely started championships.
Speaker 5: I think I say, you're the most dominant player of all time.
Speaker 4: You're the last person since Jordan to win scoring title, NBP, the league in the championship in the same year.
Speaker 5: Who you think is the most dominant right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, But according to some idiots, take it seriously, because I.
Speaker 5: I've seen it back and forth.
Speaker 4: For me, it's like you were so dominant, like some people might think you wasn't taking it serious, but nobody can stop me.
Speaker 5: It was all up to me. I was getting the job done. I won three people.
Speaker 2: And then my my response to that is one my Eric response is work hard for who? Work hard for who? Like wh Who's gonna stop me? Anyway? That's my ergant response. And my other response is I don't have to work that hard. You see what I'm saying. I don't have to work that hard to do what I may business up here? You know that, and then you know all that fives in the gym. Some people need to do that to get that level. I came in him. Remember I came in him. I didn't come like you know some guys you know, came in and worked that way through in two, three years and four or five. That's what you have to do to get to your spot. I did what I did. And let's see three retired jerseys, two statues. We see them balls behind me. So how could you say I didn't take it? That's why, and that's why I say G fourteen classification is important, like if you if you don't have G fourteen classes like like, for example, when it comes to being a great guard, John, we have G fourteen classification. So you could say, you know what, Mary's taking that step back, Well, maybe you shouldn't, you know, lean on me and go to the left. Maybe you should take a step. You know what I'm saying, Like you have g fourteen classifications and say that nobody has done. That's why I think that's important. But thank you for that. I Uh, I wanted to be the most of it, you know, the the title the best I've never had that never had that. Like as a youngster, I wasn't the best player on the team. I was the best player in the high school team, but it was a small team. But I wasn't the best player on my college team. I wasn't the best player on none of my great teams. You telling me I'm better than Pineontoway, You tell me I'm better than Kobe No, you tell me I'm better than the Way No. So I wasn't looking to be the best. I was looking to be where I was and that was the most domine ever. So thank you for saying that.
Speaker 5: And I just hit, yeah, they got to respect it.
Speaker 4: They're like a lot of people with your resume and come over to that mindset wouldn't say they wasn't the best, you know, because most people coming I got to be the best.
Speaker 5: I gotta be the best.
Speaker 4: And your mindset was I'm gonna be the most dominant and it's still gonna help my team win.
Speaker 2: So who can stand that I'm disappointed. I miss a lot of free throws. So let's say the twenty thousand boys I miss plaids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, about fifty thousand times.
Speaker 2: I missed ten downard free throws. Let's say act they go thirty two thousand there, and.
Speaker 4: Then they probably want to found you as much more so than you would have more found me.
Speaker 2: Bro No, I don't know, but again that's the only thing that that's that obsessed me by my leg is as you know, when it's going, you can never get it back. So I missed ten thousand free throws, So just give me three thousand off of that, that'd have been thirty one thousand points. And then that's two hundred and fifty games due to injury. You know, I got my hand broke twice, knee stummach, and so two hundred and fifty that twenty that's another five donald points I would have been. I'd have been thirty six thousand, probably have been probably been. That's the only thing I'm upset about, all that he didn't work hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so you talked, you talked about your My ration for candis Parking. You spoke very high of her and all that she did for the game when she received announci.
Speaker 5: She is a.
Speaker 2: Beautiful person inside so humble, loves the game. She's like us. She talks that talk, she walks that walk, and she plays with that and that's it. Beautiful girl and just you know, played, just just played so hard, and you know she wanted to be the best. And I actually saw her documentary with what he and Pat Summer went through in ut never knew that happened. But I can see where she gets a tougher love. She's she's tough because she's from Chicago, but you know, you had an element like that Pat Summer and all the things she did at Tennessee. Candace has been a beast since they.
Speaker 1: Were I think she's about to have you know, when you retire. When Chuck retired, everyone was like, well, great players, will see what they do next. But like then, you know you've gone in this insane run as a media personality, as a businessman, and Chuck same thing. You know, I think we're about to see that. We're seeing the beginning of Candice in that sort of era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she you know sky as a level I think she was just named President of Women to do his basketball and she was a she was a very bright young lady. Stuff. She can actually do whatever she wants to do.
Speaker 1: Shack. I wanted to ask you about this because everyone was raving over the Tom Brady roast that happened about a week ago. But I don't know know a lot of people remember you've had roast for years. So I wanted to know what you thought of the Tom Brady ROAs and if anything ever taught that moment that Jamie Foxx, you know was it was roast and Doug Williams.
Speaker 2: I'm a funny guy. No nothing my feelings. You could pick me off, but you can never hurt my feelings. I think that roast was very brutal. Yeah, some of that stuff, like some of that stuff, a lot of people don't be complaining in today's society. However, I think it was funny. Ship. I was rope that that young lady missus Glazier, Oh my god, yeah, like I never seen that before. She was the best on that roast. Andrew Schultz and Kevin harr it was. And listen when I was watching it, chilling, I was cracking up and like I'm the type that like everyone's emple, Like if you and john said sending me right now that we're gonna say some jokes. I already know in the laugh moment, and now I'm just I just want to see you here and see yours hit. I won't be like what the fuck like I think, you know, the world we live in now is a little bit too sensitive.
Speaker 4: But so seat you're a successful business man, When did you start thinking about life at the basketball?
Speaker 5: How did you build you up before?
Speaker 2: Little My father was a drill sergeant, don't know if you know. And every time somebody when the NBA did something crazy, I would get punished for it. So you know, all the guys that would lose their money. He was just coming out and he would just go crazy. So you know, at nineteen, when all the money was coming in, Andrew Johnson said to me, it's okay to you know, be famous and do it, do all this stuff. At some point you want to start earning, owning things. And I didn't know what he meant, so I said, see him and said what do you mean by he said, Bro, when you retired, he ain't gonna be making the same money. So you want to create businesses and you get have the same same income. And when he said that, I was thinking about one person, my mother. But John probably has a similar story. My mom and dad didn't have much. We never had a house. We used to go for army based army base. They never had their own house. I can remember that when I first got drafted, I tricked my parents because I had had a very look of contract. I think it was forty for seven. So we wanted to go a house hunting. So I saw this big house and it was only six hundred thousand. Man, I'm not bragging on the price, but it was a nice big house. So we looked at it. I was like, Mom, how do you like this house for me? And she said that, baby, it's a little too big, but can you afford it. I was like, yeah, we could afford it. She said, yeah, you should beat it. When I had out of the keys before the key touched her hand, it was tears coming out of the face. She's liked big one is is like this year house. Maybe we can't afford this is paid for already. And that was the best feel for me to be able to, you know, reward my parents. And then I told my dad opened the garage. My boy, he said, that's your car. I was like, Nope, it's your car. So no, that's the one you got, said bro. We got to say got them a black on black and says bend. But you know, drill sockers, you will probably only make sixty thousand a year. Take the taxi I had forty five thousand a year. I had a few five six kids have to feed my big ass and get me some big as shoes, so they don't really really and having much. So the fact that I could do that for them and I'll send myself, you know, and I'll retire. I want to continue to do that for them, That's awesome.
Speaker 5: That's always about for sure.
Speaker 1: I guess just following up on that Shack, how do you do everything?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: Now you're on inside one night and then we'll see you on social media, be in La and then you'll be the next night after that getting your jersey, retiring Orlando. So what is like the day in the life of Shack?
Speaker 2: Like, so I wake up and I come here in my office and I check my calendar and see what I have to do. But they answered you a question, same thing you and John doing that delegation. So we all can do a podcast by ourself, but we know guys like you and really serviously to it. We have to partner up with people like that, so you know hold like for example, they have all shoe company, but I really our partner of the guy has shoe company factory designed and then we just do a joint ventureship. I think that that would be the easiest way for athletes to conduct business. You know, we'd like to come in and do things ourselves. There's no way we could play playoffs, fly out of China. Look at this MeeGo four lockers. So you have to you know, so you have to delegate your time a lot.
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 5: What piece of advice that with you the most of your journey or why.
Speaker 2: Before he succeeds, you must first learn to fail. No, I'm probably the only legend that got swept six times than so. Yeah, I got swept six times, got swept in the finals in Orlando, and Kobe got swept three years in a row when we first got to l a uh. I got got swept another time and another time. But I can after the Bulls beat the Orlando Magic in ninety six, I'm walking off the corn like Michael said, Michael Jordan before he succeeded, you most first one to fail. So I wrote it down. I'm like, what the fuck is Mike talking about? And then I'll just go back and watch all these other guys and the Detroit series and Boston's was like, man, I had to take those bumps and bruises before they got a bob And I was like, oh, so that was the biggest quote there, you know, stuff with.
Speaker 1: Shack. I read a recent poll that you are literally the most recognizable person on the planet. What what do you have to say to that? And do you think there's anyone else besides you that's maybe the most recognizable.
Speaker 2: My mother caught me being arrogant one day when she said something, of course you nothing will be nice, and I was like, you know what, She's right. I don't want no bef I don't want no problems, and fifty years old, I haven't been through all that. Meet me over the here, let's catch a fad. No come at the fifty sixty, No, come at sixty seventy. So I just try to make people happy and trying to make people smile and you know when I'm doing my job. No, we criticize a lot. But if you listen to my criticism, listen a little bit of information around, you know, like I might say, like, for example, Cat needs to play well. He didn't play well last night. He needs to, you know, stop shooting the three go to the post. You know, A real person that understands this thing of oves to do that. Oh, he's telling me what I need to do. A person that doesn't listen. Over all, the game is different. We don't do that anymore. And then you keep going back and forth, and then the old shockgn't like that. No, I'm telling you what you have to do, because remember I had to cheat fourteen classification? Big man. You know I haven't played your position, but I played with guys, but they're like check, give me four or five touches in the post and watch me go to work. And then I became the guy at the and I would die and the easy bets like, you know, I play with that horse who you know can go on the post is sixteen and you know, score anything you want. So I try not to sound like I'm hating when I am criticized.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a spicy fallow up? What about with Shannon Sharp? What about what's going on with that right now?
Speaker 2: I just I just think in order to talk about certain things you have to have G fourteen classification. And not only that, when when you when you talk, just make it make sense. Yeah, when you say you don't take it seriously, Well don't I have three retired jersey as well, I have two statues. Well I don't have four balls standing right behind me. So if that's not, oh those are aemies. Excuse me. But if I don't take it seriously like I don't, and then don't don't talk like you know me, don't don't don't talk like you know me. He didn't take it seriously, and he had a lot of injuries. My arm broke twice, se six weeks, six weeks, I had knee andrey I one in for a dumkin dude under Cooman, came down, blew on my cap to a mix. I tried to dunk and and do it help me blow out of sting. So I ain't never had no out of shape hamshring injury. So don't just be talking when you don't have that G fourteen classification. And again you talk about you know, I'm envious of the Joker. I'm not envious on anybody. Do you know what it takes to get me mad? I just said, in my opinion, I thought, SGA, so you got the m v P. But they they need clicks. Some people need clicks sometimes, so they said, oh shock, no, I'm not here. That's why when I was talking to Joke on my show, you go back to it and you can replay the clip and said, Joke, I want you to hear from me first, My boy, I want you to hear from me first. And this is how I'm saying it. I said, hey, you're the best big man however I think, and that's all it was. But they take it and they take excerpts and oh, shack, he already don't like Dwight Howard, you don't like you don't like no big man, and they try to make it say like I was taking I was just getting my opinion, and I'm always getting my opinion, and I'm always staying on my opinion whether it's right and wrong, and I don't give a fuck. Like's just But again, I say, now, Joker is the best big man in the league. I've been saying that I've never said anything bad about jokers. He plays right away. Love that kid, love his family, and you know, people may be mad, but hey, that's life. We did it respectfully. You know, I could be joking Joker Joker and they be on my podcast and did all that I told him, I said, and then listen and guess what. Joker was cool? He said, Hey, Shock, got your opinion, He laughed. We laughed about it, and I said, I said, bro, one thing we're always going to do is keep it real because I am the leader of the Big Man Alliance, which means I got the most defourteen classification and until somebody else get four rings, I will never be removed.
Speaker 1: To Well, shack Man, we love you and appreciate you for taking the time of talking with us. Good luck with the rest of the inside and all that. And we hope you see you.
Speaker 2: John Autub Yeah I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I just was in Atlanta. They just played this weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, so me and Kitty putting this thing together where like old ANBA guys at a team, we're going to put them together.
Speaker 5: To them, I make sure I get a chance we would talk about.
Speaker 2: It, all right.
Speaker 3: Cool appreciation a peace, all right.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to point Game with John Walling, CJ. Tolaldonad presented by DraftKings, Don't Forget Bucketter Brick is brought to you by DraftKings Sportsbook. Draftking sports Book is your home for all things NBA action, from player props, same game parlays, check out everything DraftKings Sportsbook has to offer to make your NBA experience even sweeter. The crown is yours. John has come to that time of the episode where we're gonna play a little bit of a bucket brick. So you ready, yep, you know it all right, So this first one, the Pacers are now the favorite to win the series over the next at minus one twenty, meaning if you bet one hundred and twenty dollars in one hundred so bucket or brick, the Pacers will win this series against the Knicks.
Speaker 5: Bucket.
Speaker 4: I just think they just banged up, you know, I mean Jalen Bruns and he's tough dog fighting through his right foot injured, I'm not mistaken, and then og been out with the Hams drink. Then also losing Mitchell Robinson was tough for them, you know, I mean, I think they only any of loss. But Datovich, I think after game one up before game one, so they only played like seven to eight guys, So I think that's catching up to him and us.
Speaker 5: They missing some key pieces they helped them.
Speaker 1: And I would even say Tybre's Halliburton is like playing extraordinary. What what do you think has been the sort of main ingredient to the pacers.
Speaker 4: I think the key for them is a lot of people don't speak on it, but t J mcconnley and they'll be topping.
Speaker 5: Has really been a difference making this yious to me, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean TJ is coming out the bench, keeping the pacing to the game, picking it up, trying to make it tough on Jalen Buss as best you can, you know. I mean he's gifted and crafty as everything does. But I mean one game he came in, I think game one he had like twenty points almost in game two he played okay, Then game three played well, had another big scoring game.
Speaker 5: The last night he had tennis sister.
Speaker 4: I mean, so when those two guys come out, the de Bension played well for them, I think that gives them that momentum, that energy they need. But I think putting E Smith on Jenning Brust, you're not gonna stop them, but it's a bigger body, more physical, more athletic than them bar and it kind of helped them out a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the TJ McConnell thing, it's like people were saying in Game two, if he would have played down the stretch, they could have a major chance to close that one out. So yeah, for sure, for sure, Yes, it's definitelyn X factor. Okay, number two, SJ finished second in the MVP race the season, So Bucket or Brick Shaye will win next MVP next year.
Speaker 4: I say Brick, I mean, I don't know. I think he should have won this year. That's my opinion. I think he should have won it. I mean, like we just said, Yoka just the best player in the league, the best big man. That means a hell of a talent. I think it NB was healthy, he probably would have won. You I mean, you never know, but I think Shaye deserved it just because they're a numb one team in the West. Nobody expected them to be as good, to have a young team, and it would have been dope because they coached one Coach of the year. You know, me if your coach win coach year, I feel like your best players you ain't be Betty Yer. Yeah, And I just think next you never know because the way a man is playing right now, me and b is coming back. You got yogis coming back. Those guys are playing high level. You have Luca that's coming back. So I just don't know, all right.
Speaker 1: So the next one that Austin Rivers has been making headlines for his comments about NBA players being able to play in the NFL, So, Bucket or Brick, you could have played in the NFL for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely could have played.
Speaker 4: I think if I would have stuck to it when I was in high at the middle school, going to high school and really put my work ethic tours trying to be in there for that player.
Speaker 5: Yeah I could. I mean, I'm I'm fast, I'm athletic, I could catch the ball.
Speaker 1: Not say huh, what do you think would be the biggest learning curve for you and NBA players crossing over?
Speaker 4: Well, for me, already played football, so it's not really too much to learn. It's just really working on my craft every day, you know. I mean, like, no matter if you played your whole life like, it's the same thing. You see some football players that played basketball in high school, right, they was good, but what they played in the NBA, they probably could, but they didn't put the work after the catch out to be an NBA players, So they probably got certain things they have to learn and work on.
Speaker 5: It's the same for me.
Speaker 4: If I already played in football before at the high level, high school, whatever, I feel like I could have played it just so much more.
Speaker 5: You gotta learn. But it's not easy to get there, you know what I mean? It was that easy. I know a lot of guys that's talented basketball and football that didn't make it to the pros. I mean, so it was that easy. It would be a cake wall. But I think we're applate enough to play in that era, and they're a playing enough to play in hours.
Speaker 1: If you would have to say an NFL player to cross over and play NBA, who who do you think would be the best NFL player to cross over? I think you can say all the time. Can I think Tony Gonzalez played some summer league or something like.
Speaker 5: That, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I remember Randy Moss was good. He played with Jason Williams in high school. I don't know, man, it's tough. There's a lot of guys that played well. Like I didn't know t Higgins was the athletic and play you know what I mean. But he was good once the kid and they just got drafted. The Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Highlights he was hot.
Speaker 4: Lights are crazy. I've seen DeVonta Smith highlight. So you know, they all could play ship. We see Ala Iverson play football. Shit, he was stay champion.
Speaker 5: So you don't know. You don't never know how it would be.
Speaker 4: But I know a lot of guys played so they could play if they really put the work towards him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Final one. The draft lottery just happened and the Wizards now have the number two picks. So Bucket or Brick, the Wizards should take a Kentucky player with their first round pick.
Speaker 4: M Ah, I don't know, Robbery, they're both guards. I mean, I think they have Jordan Pool right now, they have Tids Jones. I say I would love them go high, but I say, Brick, I don't think they'll do that. I think they got to try to find out if they want a center, kind of have a starting center right now. I think they used Marvin Bagley a lot this year a little bit when they made the trades. Koos is therefore Danny obvious their three So I think they just got to figure out which way they want to go to they want a big man or do they want to wing to try to build around and make their franchise. So I think it's a big decision for them. I mean, they had them one pick on me before they had number three pick with Bradley Bill and Otto Porter, and we had a couple lottery picks earlier after that, and I think this is the highest one they got to me U if they drafted Brandon outto there, So it's gonna be good. I think they got what the kid from France they got. They're supposed to be high. They have Alex Carr that could be high read share or rob dealing him. I'm not mistaken. So I don't know which way they'll go, but they have opportunity to build off what they want to. And they got a new front office, I mean not from a new front office and all those guys, so whatever path they want to build their team off around, they can go that way.
Speaker 1: All right, that's Stipe, all right, John, There's been another episode of Point Game. What do you want to leave the audience with here today?
Speaker 4: Hey man, Katune, continue to subscribe, watch the show. We're getting batter and bread. It's a lot of fun. We're enjoying this playoff run that's going on, a lot of great basketball, and uh, just check out what's going on.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, there's been Point Game presented by DraftKings. Don't forget the rate review and subscribe to the pod. Leave a fire style review and drop some questions. Me and John will answer on an upcoming episode. Everyone take care, We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Please pleache you.
Speaker 1: Gambling problem called one one hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why for six seven three sixty nine. Connecticut help is available for problem gambling call eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction. VOOD in Ontario, CEE DKNG dot com slash promos for eligibility and responsible gaming resources. Odds in line, subject to change.