Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the fifty eighth. Then you will seeing at w Works it's the Bobby mom shoe.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: We got Cody Johnson here, who is really dressed up? Do you dress this nice all the time?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Then why are you doing now?
Speaker 4: It's just for you guys?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, man, I appreciate. I don't wear a button up shirt either. I had to wear one to day. I was like, I gotta get the T shirt off.
Speaker 2: This sucks.
Speaker 3: Do you like these things?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man, because the opposite of doing this stuff is not being invited to the party, you know. And I spent plenty of time doing that, wondering what would it be like to go do CMA week, you know, and have rehearsals and small market remotes and large market remotes and all these interviews and all this stuff, And here we are doing it.
Speaker 4: That means must be doing something right. Huh.
Speaker 3: That is true. You're making money, making hits, selling out venues, going on tour, you know, just making a lot of people happy. Yeah, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's freaking nuts.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: But when you go to like a CMA party, is it compared to a high school party? High school parties were more fun, right I think.
Speaker 6: So, Yeah, there was a lot less hands to shake at the high school party.
Speaker 4: You're like, oh god, everybody's looking at me.
Speaker 8: What too? You were getting away with things that you weren't supposed to be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, were also you know, with a bonfire, waiting for the cop.
Speaker 4: To show it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, deciding which way you were gonna run.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't know about you, but I spent a lot of times running in those fields and playing like hide and seek, trying to Okay, you got to.
Speaker 6: Go in the daylight and pick your hideout spot that way, later on when they do show up, you can just.
Speaker 8: That's what you did.
Speaker 9: You got to prepare for it, so you have like.
Speaker 10: A designated spot you would run to every time.
Speaker 6: So like Lane Johnson places for the Eagles. Yeah, we went to high school together. I was a senior, he was a freshman.
Speaker 3: See that's ridiculous. That's so much talent in one high school. It's like you hear these guys that like they're on the same NFL team, Like, oh, they played high school football together. It's like what how Hey.
Speaker 6: We used to give Lane a walkie talkie and we'd put him at the edge of the fence up there at the front of the past year.
Speaker 4: We're like, tell us.
Speaker 6: When they come in, copture here, cops are here, and we'd run off and hide.
Speaker 10: So he didn't get be invited to the party.
Speaker 8: He just gotta be the lookouts freshman.
Speaker 3: That's part of it. I mean, one of the dumbest thing we ever.
Speaker 4: And he was not as big as he is now, so was a little easier to convince.
Speaker 3: Him, Hey, you go do that. One of the dumbest things we ever did is there was a house that was for sale, right, so it was open, and so we went and got all this firewood and candles and we had a party in the house that was for sale and it was like surrounded by neighbors and it was on the water Lake Austin, And so when the cops come say felony. Yeah, we had to run along like from doc to doc and people are falling in the water. We're like, why did we do that? It was so stupid.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, this makes me want to ask the question.
Speaker 10: And you don't have to answer. You don't want to.
Speaker 3: You don't set it up by that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah I've been arrested.
Speaker 8: Hey, you don't have to answer right here. Oh no, what did you get arrested for?
Speaker 6: Oh man, that was young d u I and I got a d W I and I got a public intoxication.
Speaker 11: So you have to have a There was some There was one that I don't.
Speaker 4: Know if I really got arrested. They said I was detained for a fight. Yeah, kind of deal.
Speaker 3: When time you've been punching the face or you punched someone in the face.
Speaker 6: Like it's been quite a while, whoever's up next is probably gonna get it. There's a I've got so much built up, I've got a lot to lose. I can't go around punching people in the face. But sometimes I'm like, you know, it is nice to have security. You talk about my money more problems. I'm like, hey, hit that guy.
Speaker 3: That's even better. That guy's being a little really he's getting a little too close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't get me now.
Speaker 6: The last time I've been hitting the face was not that long as far as like horses and cows and things like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's kind of a given.
Speaker 10: Would you ever do, like m M a fight or something if they.
Speaker 8: Paid you, Oh yeah, I do it.
Speaker 4: If they didn't pay me, I know we need.
Speaker 8: To get him in the ring.
Speaker 3: I really think I was trying to think about who would win, Like, you know, like UFC has the baddest badass mother something belt, like you know what I mean, they have the BMF belt. And I'm like Cody Johnson versus who in country music would be the baddest man of country music? And I don't know who you could who could beat you? Like I can't think of anybody. Yeah, Like I was thinking about it, I'm like, damn Cody John's gon woofs the mask you would I would enjoy it too much, is the problem.
Speaker 12: I'd be in there.
Speaker 4: I'd be the guy smiling.
Speaker 10: Who would you want to fight?
Speaker 11: Like in country?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, nobody. I'm a I'm a nice guy.
Speaker 3: That's one of those ones where he wants, let's to say, but you don't have to answer it because he doesn't want to answer.
Speaker 6: He has could I could pick one, but I'm not going to go there.
Speaker 3: So we're going to keep it peaceful. On CMA fest we cmart me.
Speaker 4: Chewing, You got me chewing my zin's over here.
Speaker 10: I'm like, Cody, we got to ask you one question about that?
Speaker 8: Well, he has to go.
Speaker 3: I don't have to go, but Thanksgiving is coming up, and I want to know, like Thanksgiving, do you get out and that. Do you guys play football as a family, because I remember growing up as a kid my parents would go out there and float play football. As an adult, now I do it, and I'm like, damn, no, wonder they didn't look very athletic. That was your family.
Speaker 6: Now I've got my two little girls and they're more focused on what desserts, so like we get in there and they'll cook, you know, make a pie or a cake or a cobbler or something.
Speaker 4: It's I'm a proud girl. Dad.
Speaker 3: Do you have an apron?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 8: Okay. The question we were going to ask is what is something you want to accomplish before you die?
Speaker 10: Not music related?
Speaker 6: Not music related, yeah, because I was going to say entertainer of the year.
Speaker 8: Well that's good.
Speaker 13: Hello.
Speaker 6: I'd like to go experience Africa and hunt in Africa one time for some large, dangerous game and also go to like the British Columbia for the like grizzly bears and stuff like that. Just something I've always wanted to do. I'm a really avid hunter. I'm really pretty good at it. But I've never faced a dangerous predator like that, and that's something I've always wanted to do.
Speaker 8: You really like the adrenaline things we've learned about him.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'd like to drive a race gargle in two hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, thank you.
Speaker 12: Guys.
Speaker 3: If you see Coddy Johnson out, don't mess with him because his body gard will whip your ash.
Speaker 1: The Cmas are live tonight at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 8: It's Morgan here with Ashley McBride. We're just talking about her comfy outfit.
Speaker 10: She's in a really.
Speaker 8: Cute corner where I jumps suit.
Speaker 14: It's so cute and you get to be comfortable, and normally those two things don't meet.
Speaker 10: Okay, but you know what sucks about it jumpsuit going to the bathroom.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yep, you are dead making in the bathroom.
Speaker 15: You just are.
Speaker 8: The good is jumpers are in.
Speaker 14: So really, being naked in a bathroom is is in it is.
Speaker 8: But I don't know about you, but I always feel so vulnerable, especially if I got a few drinks deep and naked. I'm like, I'm gonna feel yeah, like less.
Speaker 14: I don't know maybe important or protected, but I'm like jumper, the worst place to the end.
Speaker 8: Okay, Sorry, that was not how I planned to start the interview. It's okay, Ashley. How are you? How are you feeling this week? Good? I'm good.
Speaker 14: It's early in the week and I'm already nervous, but so I feel like that's a good thing.
Speaker 10: Why are you nervous? This is just fid No, you're being nominated Female Vocalists of the Year.
Speaker 14: But performing which is always fun because it has its own magic. At the CMAS, it's just me and my guitar. There's no there's nobody but me, So if something goes wrong, that is my fault.
Speaker 15: And if something goes wrong that is to my credit.
Speaker 8: Oh that has to be really tough to be Again, back to that vulnerability. You're in this space where, holy crap, you're looking out on all these people, all these important.
Speaker 14: And everyone in the room does what you do for a living, and they're gonna know if you do it wrong.
Speaker 8: Have you ever had a performance in front of somebody where you're like, I cannot believe that just happened in a good or bad way.
Speaker 14: Yes, Uh, it was when Carly and I had never wanted to be that girl, and Susan Sarandon was at the first table. I was like, how am I supposed to perform with Susan Sarandon sitting there.
Speaker 8: It's always so crazy when you have those real life moments where you're just like, this is my life and I'm gonna have to get through this regardless of what I feel like.
Speaker 14: This song is to be performed and it's gotta be us doing it, and I can't just stare at Susan Sarandon the whole time.
Speaker 8: Speaking of I want to also know, besides music, what is something that you hope to accomplish before you die?
Speaker 14: Not related to me, Oh, I would love to be the voice of an animated character.
Speaker 10: That's a good one.
Speaker 8: What do you picture your animated character being? Usually the villain? The usually what I picture. I think I would make a great villain.
Speaker 14: And I always thought I would make a great Ursula until I saw Melissa McCarthy as Ursula in Little Mermaid and I was like, Nope, that's it.
Speaker 8: That's the best that's ever gonna say.
Speaker 12: That's true.
Speaker 8: She crushed that. Okay, so a villain. Gosh, you're so kind. I don't know that I could see this villains.
Speaker 14: I don't, I know, but if we think about it, everybody carries things in equal measure. So as kind and sweet and cuddly as someone may be, that is how fierce and nasty. And I'm trying to think of like underhanded as they can be too.
Speaker 10: You just got so philosophical on me, and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 15: That's what we count on me for in country music.
Speaker 8: It's bringing philosophy to radio.
Speaker 14: Row.
Speaker 15: Hope Ashley gets her with her philosophy soon.
Speaker 8: Would you like to end us on a very great uh philosophy? Leff it? No, I can't even say words. I keep trying to say. Falawful. Yeah, I learned this.
Speaker 14: I learned this this week, and it'll it'll ring true to you, Okay. I was like, I'm nervous about this performance, right, Yeah, you can't belittle yourself forward. You can't belittle yourself into a good performance. You can believe yourself into a good perform, but you can't brate yourself into a good performance. So be easier on yourself today.
Speaker 10: Oh that's so good. I hope you remember that.
Speaker 15: Going forward, because I'll be all nervous and like super sweaty.
Speaker 8: You're telling all of us that, but I'm gonna repeat that back to you that please don't do belittle yourself going into this performance.
Speaker 10: You're gonna crush it.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be amazing. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the fifty eighth an. You will see him as live on ABC tonight at eight seven Central.
Speaker 10: I'm here right now with Matt Stell.
Speaker 8: We were just talking about my boots and if you own a pair that has metal on them, apparently you should try and open a beer with them.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna do MythBusters on those next time that I have a cold beer because I feel like I said some flip flops that had a bottle opener.
Speaker 2: All y'all remember those?
Speaker 10: Did you ever actually use the bottle opener?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 16: The rea is yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I used the Yeah I did.
Speaker 8: You just like put your front and yeah it was.
Speaker 16: A flip flop, so I could take it. You know, you could remove it really easy.
Speaker 8: Okay, but do you think about how gross that is that you walk on this all the time and then you put it on the.
Speaker 16: Well, it was a let's just get in the bottle cap I wouldn't put in the cap in my mouth them.
Speaker 12: How I learned.
Speaker 8: Man, I'm pretty sure the germs transferred in somewhere or another.
Speaker 16: That's probably that's probably true. You're not wrong, Well I do.
Speaker 8: These are what I call my ish cackers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 8: I'm sure you have some. I don't know if they're the ones you're wearing right now. Yeah, it's like too fancy.
Speaker 16: I don't know, man, I've been many a mile on these boots. They've been a good pair.
Speaker 10: Oh they are.
Speaker 17: Well.
Speaker 10: I don't want to kee talking about close because nobody can see them, but.
Speaker 8: I do want to talk. I've seen you at some dive bars around town. I never bother you. You're having your good time. But have you ever had a like that's so Nashville moment where you're out and about and something happens you're like, dang, this is this would only happen because I live in Nashville. Oh.
Speaker 16: My favorite that's so Nashville thing is when somebody's publisher is at a bar, or record rep or something is at a bar and you can just know who it is and you just put all your beers on their tab, you know, like that well, it's like kind of give and take. Yeah, it's like, yeah, I want to put it. I just go to the bar and say the Dickerson tab.
Speaker 8: That's constantly you've done this before.
Speaker 16: Well yeah, but it's like okay, you know because like Bubba, right, if if Bubba opens a tab and you're there and you get a you get a beer on Bubba. I mean, he ain't paying for it. Somebody's paying for it. So it's like we're getting we're getting our lick back, We're getting the man back.
Speaker 8: Has anybody ever put drinks on yours percent?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's yeah, it's a it's like in in rights and stuff, like everybody's constantly eving. Like Capo's you know those things that pinch on a guitar. Guitar players know, always leaving tuners in Capo's places, and you just kind of, you know, sometimes you'll walk out with one and then you'll leave it at the next place. It's sort of like a library.
Speaker 8: It's like the traveling Capo.
Speaker 16: That's right, it's right. It's like those books on tape you can rent at Cracker Barrel. Yeah, and you could take them back to another Cracker Barrel.
Speaker 10: Have you ever ended up with somebody like, really cool, they're capo.
Speaker 16: I'm sure I have. You just never know. You know, it's because no one they're not labeled.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 8: I feel like you guys, you start finding a way to identify that, because what if you end up with like a Hank Williams junior capo and how cool would that be?
Speaker 10: You never want to let that one go.
Speaker 2: That's true. We need to know the provenance.
Speaker 16: I've watched enough Antique Roadshow to know we got to know the provenance of these of these artifacts so that we can properly value them for insurance.
Speaker 8: Is that what you're watching in your antiach.
Speaker 2: Roadshow is the best?
Speaker 16: Okay if you like pond Stars, Okay, pons Stars is cool because of show stuff. But then it's all about those characters of like the you know, the people I don't care about, the people I want to see the cool stuff. And the experts, well, they get a whole first half of episode talking about oh let me call in an expert. Start with the expert like I want to know so bad? Oh man, but I love I don't know that was anti pond Stars. That's they're fine. Antique road Show is the best.
Speaker 10: Isn't there a way you can go visit antiques roadshow?
Speaker 8: Do they have like a location?
Speaker 16: They it's well, it's a road show, so they go different places and they take their cameras. So that's where you see all this cool stuff. And people have like painting is that they didn't know somebody had a Navajo quilt that was hanging on the back of their couch that was worth like one hundred thousand dollars. It's the it's the and they tell you all about the history. It's the best. You feel me? Yeah, scuba nose huh wait.
Speaker 2: What are we talking? Were talking about Punstar still he's.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, he's passionate about anti anti show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's so much happening.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, r Ip that show is cool too.
Speaker 10: Okay another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what other shows are they?
Speaker 12: We're going on the whole thing?
Speaker 8: Do you.
Speaker 18: Truckers?
Speaker 16: I want to see all I want to see like a real world road rules challenge, that's all of those things. I road Trucker, Deadliest Catch, gold Rush doing all the stuff just like a like a like a the Kathalon exactly, and spouses will do the Yeah, like what's.
Speaker 8: That show called so passionate about.
Speaker 2: That pineapple peachs.
Speaker 8: I need I need to know now if you have something that you think you could fit and be on Antique's Road Show? Do you own anything not?
Speaker 16: I have some like baseball cards and stuff. Me and Bones have got into like sports memorabilia, hims more so than me. But I think I need to take a little credit for him getting into uh sports memorabilia, or at least we got into it at the same time. But I have some like you know, like sports like football and basketball baseball cards.
Speaker 10: Are you and Bobby like trading cards?
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 2: We don't really trade.
Speaker 16: What you do is you pay someone on TikTok a lot of money for nothing, and that's how the hobby.
Speaker 8: Goes, and not that you just keep it. Then yeah, then.
Speaker 16: They like, so do you buy a box of cars like I might buy the Chiefs out of a box of cars? Every card they when they opened a box on TikTok, you get every chief you know that was come out of box.
Speaker 8: Oh you're doing the breaks, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, exactly, exactly. Sorry, I've heard about it. I was I was just that was our country artist.
Speaker 8: I was expressing.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's Okay, I'm very sorry.
Speaker 8: I do work with Bobby, you know, so I've heard about the breaks a lot.
Speaker 2: There you go, Yeah, I'm sorry, I apologize. I just want to say it.
Speaker 16: It's like like, actually, Helena, one of my record folks, I got her algorithm all messed up on her TikTok for talking about sports cards.
Speaker 2: Like now she gets like and she's probably like.
Speaker 8: Why am I getting sports cards?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yes, I understand. Okay, well right before you go, I know we've gone on so many random things. Yeah, but I would like to know what's something you would like to do before you die?
Speaker 10: Something you want to accomplish. But it's not music related.
Speaker 16: Uh, I want to break par playing golf. I want to do that.
Speaker 8: Have you ever?
Speaker 2: No? No, I think my career around is like a seventy seven.
Speaker 10: So is that good or bad? I'm not familiar.
Speaker 16: Not bad, it's it's not it's not for an amateur golfer's pretty good. You shoot in the seventies, you're pretty good.
Speaker 10: Okay, but no, no, hold on one.
Speaker 2: Is that what the par is that contributes?
Speaker 10: You can explain me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say I don't feel near as bad though.
Speaker 16: Yeah, So, like like George birds, right, he breaks par a lot, he'll shoot less than para and all the whole course seventy two.
Speaker 2: I want to shoot seventy seventy.
Speaker 12: I want to do that.
Speaker 2: I want to break par.
Speaker 8: Okay, got that. Thank you for explaining that one, that one I didn't know. All right, thanks Matt joining.
Speaker 1: The Cmas are live tonight at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 11: I don't know who trusts her with tequila.
Speaker 4: Well, we should stop doing that.
Speaker 8: This is true. We should good fun.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 8: It was fun, all right. I'm here with Tucker. What more is morgan? You might have heard us mentioning alcohol. Last time I saw Tucker, I was making him hold liquor in his mouth.
Speaker 4: It's so long it sucks.
Speaker 12: My mouth was numb for like hours.
Speaker 3: Hours, hours.
Speaker 8: My I didn't realize how quick that was going to make me drunk. So if you really, you know, need to get drunk quick, just hold in your mouth.
Speaker 4: Tuned up.
Speaker 11: You were pretty tuned up by the end of the night. You're sitting on the cats your head was you for a little bit?
Speaker 12: I go, they got her.
Speaker 8: I was ready for you. Guys hadn't even gone on stage. Yes, so fun, Tucker you are just like on a skyrocket right now.
Speaker 10: Life is going crazy for you. What's been this moment where you've had like, Okay, I think I'm finally making it. When did that happen? Has it happened?
Speaker 9: There's been There's been quite a few this year.
Speaker 19: It's crazy to think, like this time last year, I didn't even have a song out, you know, and this year has just been so fast.
Speaker 13: I think the Opry was one of those moments.
Speaker 19: Where I was like, oh crap, this is this is really cool, this is really special.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like this is finally happening.
Speaker 8: What for you?
Speaker 10: Did you have moments before?
Speaker 8: Because Nashville it's kind of this ten year town, but you haven't released a song. So what did your prior career kind of look like before this happened?
Speaker 12: I was playing football.
Speaker 19: I was playing college ball in uh in Montana, and uh then I ended up getting injured, and then I picked like a coffee shop job, and.
Speaker 12: Then COVID happen.
Speaker 10: Coffeehop job, playing coffee shop or serving coffee.
Speaker 12: Serving coffee.
Speaker 9: So you make it?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I was good at it too.
Speaker 9: You make a mean coffee, mean cup of brew?
Speaker 8: Do you do it at home now? Like, do you have your own little coffee station set up?
Speaker 19: I don't drink caffeine. I haven't had caffeine in like eight years. So it's kind of ironic that I worked at.
Speaker 11: A coffee shop.
Speaker 10: That would be like me working at a butcher shop. I'm a vegetarian.
Speaker 8: That would be wrong.
Speaker 9: That's pretty right actually, Okay.
Speaker 8: So Barisa is out of your skills of things.
Speaker 10: And then you did you teach yourself to play instruments.
Speaker 19: I started playing piano when I was eleven, the guitar and trumpet and a couple.
Speaker 10: Others, and you play trumpet still I can.
Speaker 13: I don't have a trump.
Speaker 10: Please put trumpet on one of your songs.
Speaker 4: I should.
Speaker 1: If you don't, I want to.
Speaker 7: I want to so bad.
Speaker 10: You know how iconic.
Speaker 8: When I hear like a Bruno Mars song and I hear the trumpets, I'm like, yes, we're going that will be your song?
Speaker 4: It would be nuts.
Speaker 10: But you've also been like going viral on social media.
Speaker 15: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 11: What do you like?
Speaker 8: I have this and this is why this is happening. You think it's just cut. All the ladies love looking at you.
Speaker 20: I'm just lucky you know, I'm just blessed.
Speaker 13: Honestly.
Speaker 19: I make the music and then I throw it up on there hoping people like it, and.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 12: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Next, you know.
Speaker 8: Okay, what any big plans for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 4: So many?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's so busy, like.
Speaker 10: Already happening, or you're hoping happened.
Speaker 9: Already happening.
Speaker 19: So I just announced part two of Waves on us on Set tour, which I just ended last night. I got home this morning at ten am.
Speaker 8: Okay, rough, go of it.
Speaker 13: Sorry, yeah, I'm pretty tired.
Speaker 19: Anyways, I'll kick that off in London and then we go west like California, Texas and a bunch of other places, and then Thomas htt tour Fun and then an album somewhere in between there.
Speaker 10: Okay, it's a big album.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 8: Busy year for you.
Speaker 12: I'm so excited.
Speaker 8: I want to ask to what is something that you hope to accomplish before you die?
Speaker 10: Not music related?
Speaker 12: A family? I really want a family.
Speaker 10: I want to be a dad.
Speaker 9: I do not anytime soon.
Speaker 13: Okay, but okay, yeah, that's that's probably like one of my mangals.
Speaker 10: Oh that's really awesome, but not right now.
Speaker 11: No, no, god, no, absolutely not. Are you having no position to be a father.
Speaker 10: Any particular reason you say that? Just still learning to take any your career, you know.
Speaker 8: Okay, got it? No, I thought you did.
Speaker 10: Sorry, no, not bad.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna focus on my career real quick and then I'll be back, you know, real quick.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, stop it right now.
Speaker 8: We're done. We're done. The guys are very no.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, no, okay, focus on career.
Speaker 8: That's great. You should do that. That's a good focus, Doug. It's really great to see you think, sir. I hate you.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the fifty eighth Annual CEMA live on ABC had eight seven Central broadcasting from the fifty eighth and you will seem awards.
Speaker 10: We'regan here with Tiger Lily Gould.
Speaker 8: Girls. How are you?
Speaker 10: I feel like we're a little giggly at this time.
Speaker 8: Well, we just witnessed me have a very awkward interaction.
Speaker 15: So fine, I had an awkward interaction as well.
Speaker 8: Did you what happened? No?
Speaker 21: I got my words mixed up with Russell Dickerson. He's such a nice dude. But I think I said something I was like that did not come out how I wanted it to. So it happens, and yeah, we just move on.
Speaker 8: Well, I was trying to say philosophy to Ashley mc ride and we both started saying falafel and it was a whole thing. So, you know, flawful.
Speaker 11: I like that.
Speaker 10: It's been a all right girl, How are you feeling this week?
Speaker 8: Feeling so great? Yeah? Are you feeling good? We're all giggly though, it's like a giggle boxer. Yeah, that time with well what are you whearing? Is the awards?
Speaker 10: What am I?
Speaker 8: What do you? Nobody? Nobody wants to know what I'm doing that we don't know? I want to know.
Speaker 15: But okay, so the kind.
Speaker 10: That we go are we doing red at the Awards?
Speaker 8: Very yeah?
Speaker 21: Like yeah, we're not like totally matching though, you know, because you got to coordinate, but not that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you guys always do have this like seamless blend together with your outfits. Who does the outfits.
Speaker 17: Probably more mem I usually choose like a dress that I love and I'm like, hey, Krista, can you match this?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: She's like, here's.
Speaker 15: What I'm doing, and please match me, Yeah.
Speaker 10: I need to know.
Speaker 8: You guys are always so sweet and you always get along so well, Like, how are you guys still doing this and you're still getting along so well? Like do you guys do therapy and stuff to the other?
Speaker 21: What?
Speaker 10: Like, how do you guys do that?
Speaker 17: We actually don't. We actually joke like therapy might ruin us, like because.
Speaker 15: Is it gona bring up issues we didn't even know?
Speaker 11: We like, if we.
Speaker 17: Start therapy would bring up things that we don't even know that are yeah happening.
Speaker 21: Honestly, we're we have really good communication. We always talk to each other like we're on the very same page about our band decisions.
Speaker 15: We also do like each other as well, which which helps you.
Speaker 8: No, Honestly, like if she if I'm annoyed with.
Speaker 17: Her for no good reason, she just tell me, Krista will just be like, I know you're annoyed, but I did nothing to you. So we're just snap out of it, on from this and snap out of it, and I'm like, yeah, you're right, you know so, and then we just move on. So bold communication like old straight, yes, yes, very blunt, but nice to music sisterly.
Speaker 10: You know, sister really loved I understand what you're talking about. I want to know too. You guys have gotten to do some really cool stuff.
Speaker 8: I mean, life has just been blossoming in a million different ways for you guys. But phone number wise, who's the coolest phone number you guys now have on your phone? Oh?
Speaker 21: Well, probably we just wished Miranda Lambert happy birthday and we're such fans of hers, but gotten to know her while over the last couple of years.
Speaker 15: Darius Rucker.
Speaker 8: Probably that's cool.
Speaker 15: The coolest one I have my phone and he's awesome. We've done a show with him, and yeah, he's cool.
Speaker 10: Do you text him on the regular?
Speaker 21: I will text him occasionally if, like I see him doing something really cool, like, hey, congratulations, he got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame I think the other day, and but very I don't like hit him up, you know.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 10: Okay, I like that one. Is that the same for you?
Speaker 15: Different?
Speaker 8: Probably?
Speaker 17: I mean Miranda probably would be mine.
Speaker 8: I don't do I have Darius. I call him Darry Darius I do.
Speaker 17: I don't know why I'm calling him that, Like, if we don't call him that, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 8: Weird things happen at radio. Yeah, I'll say Miranda, Miranda.
Speaker 10: That's a really good one.
Speaker 8: Okay, do you want to know for you guys to outside of music, what's something that you hope to accomplish before you die? I know, so tough. Hope to accomplish before I die? And outside of music, say outside of music, because it's so nice things you want to do out in music.
Speaker 17: I would love to, Like, it's just not the time for me right now, but I would love to be a mom someday.
Speaker 10: Oh that's weet, I think.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's really sweet, but like there's no time for it right now.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's really hard.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, sometimes you make the time and it happens.
Speaker 10: If that's what happens.
Speaker 15: I think I'd like to see as many countries as possible.
Speaker 8: And that's very vague. No, that's a good one.
Speaker 15: Yeah, just really impact someone's life.
Speaker 21: I think it'd be really cool to start a charity of some sort that really helped like people back home and stuff.
Speaker 15: But this is like really.
Speaker 8: Big thing, really deep, I know, question that's what I do.
Speaker 21: Honestly, I don't know if I want to accomplish anything huge. I just want to like die with no regrets, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 10: That's do you have any regrets at this moment?
Speaker 21: Maybe some previous choices, but that's fair.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna get into that.
Speaker 10: Well, we all have regrets. That's okay. We we live and we learn. But I liked both of your answers. They were great girls. It was great to see you. Thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 1: The Cmas are live tonight at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 10: Morgan here with the one and only Eric Church.
Speaker 8: Eric, you're here. You just put out Darkest Hour because Hurricane Helene came and it did horrible things to so many communities. I want to talk to you about, Like, that's your community, that was your home state. What were your first feelings, emotions you were experiencing as.
Speaker 10: You were seeing the news.
Speaker 22: A little bit of shock because when you being in the mountains of North Carolina, you don't think about a hurricane or you don't think about flooding being a problem, you know, So at least for me, it was just it was shock when I saw the level of devastation and living there half the year as we still do. Those are my neighbors, those are my friends, those are my family members. So it took on an extra personal benefit.
Speaker 8: And as you started to write this song, like, where in those processes is this how you tend to process things that happen, Like you're like, let me write a song and get it out.
Speaker 22: Normally, yes, but in this case, I was working on a project for next year and I had darkest hour, so I didn't conceive it for something like this. But when Hurricane Helene happened, I was listening back to this song knowing that it would be next year before it came out, and I knew I would regret it. There's a line in the song set in your darkest Hour, I'll come running, And I knew the people of North Carolina needed people to come running. These are small communities and they need help. So we decided to release it and make it up an anthem for the people there and gave the song to the state of North Carolina forever, so all the proceeds go to the people and rebuilding that community, So it's become kind of an anthem. Mainly most important thing. Money is very important, but the awareness is more important. So we don't move on and forget that those people are going to need help for a long time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's I mean, these people are going to be impacted for months and years to come. You also, have you I know you guys lived there for some parts of the year, but have you guys had a chance to go back and be around these communities yet.
Speaker 22: I have been there a couple of times. Last time I was actually with the governor, let's say, in North Carolina. We were touring some damage and we committed to building one hundred homes in western North Carolina and would like to build more. But in this country, we do a pretty decent job with the nine to one to one response of food, of water, of diapers, but we don't do as well at the next phase, which is how do we rebuild the community? And we've decided to help with that and make sure we put houses in the community that people can live in so they can help rebuild it themselves.
Speaker 8: Well, I really appreciate everything you're doing. I know so many people do, so thank you for what you've done. And I hope everyone listening, you know, continues to help in ways that can benefit all of them.
Speaker 10: So thank you.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the fifty eighth annual See him as live on ABC tonight at eight seven Central.
Speaker 3: And leg man, how's it going? And we didn't want to make it awkward. So Morgan's had this interview out today. It's just me and you today. Come on, Morgan, Yeah, so what's going on?
Speaker 4: Shoot?
Speaker 11: Not much.
Speaker 18: I mean, it's just you and I I know, I know.
Speaker 3: And Morgan was going to walk away, like, Morgan, if you walk away is going to be so awkward, Like it's going to be so weird. I said, I'm not going to bring it up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't. So yeah, I thought, you laugh Morgan, she said, just go away, just go away. Well, we can't really go away. We're interviewing, we're on air. What are you talking about? What are your holiday plans?
Speaker 18: The FAM's coming up?
Speaker 3: So sister and her, can you kill your own turkey or no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 18: No, okay, I mean in the springtime, yes, in the fall, nah, I like my turkey's domestic?
Speaker 3: Got it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we're doing we're doing it early.
Speaker 18: We're doing a Tuesday dinner so she and the kids can and brother in law can have a day off Wednesday and then do their big family think Thursday.
Speaker 2: So oh nice?
Speaker 3: And who does the cooking.
Speaker 18: When you all get together, it's a mix between mom, sis and my brother in law is either smoking.
Speaker 4: Or frying one and you're just chilling.
Speaker 18: I'll grill something, yeah, but there's nothing. There's not much left after that. You get two girls in the kitchen like what am I going to do? I?
Speaker 3: Oh, here it's on the table. Oh wait, football game? So I'm sorry, I gotta go. You guys, let me start that real quick.
Speaker 4: All right, see y'all?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, do you guys go out?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How old are your nieces and nephties?
Speaker 4: Is fifteen?
Speaker 18: Nephews eleven?
Speaker 2: So do you guys go out?
Speaker 3: Because when we were kids, you know, on the aunts, uncles, grandparents get together, we play football, yep, and you know, do you guys go out? And like I looked at my parents, I'm like, god, you guys are terrible. They're pulling hamstrings, you know. I'm like, what is wrong with you guys? And now I'm like, oh god.
Speaker 18: If we're at the sister's house, yes, we're throwing football. But when they come up to me, it's the farm. So we're out just doing whatever. Four wheeler's going hunting and going to see the cows.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 12: Yeah, shooting guns?
Speaker 3: What is it like stuff for your sister to have a famous brother.
Speaker 18: She doesn't give a crap, dude. Now that's one thing she's uh, she keeps me in off place. Yeah, I do want to I want to try and I want to try and get my niece out on the road at some point, just like summer job. I think it'd be cool for her to see all these cities.
Speaker 3: In a row because they live in what where do they live in?
Speaker 18: Tellahoma, Tennessee?
Speaker 3: Okay, so they still live in a small town.
Speaker 18: But I mean we still tour a lot of small towns. But I think just uh, but she can go see everything for a sixteen year old to be on a tour bus and go, like, I don't know, we'll find a job for her to do, but you know, go do some work, make some money, but also see a lot of things that'd be really cool experience. So that's like, I'm gonna start working on this.
Speaker 3: Really cool and they tell me, you know that you can get them college credit because it's an internship.
Speaker 2: There you go, I don't know if that really is.
Speaker 3: And all the fair food you want, oh yeah, fried cookies and fried oreos and.
Speaker 12: Make you some money.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you what, though, those carnivals and vestivals, do you still go on the rides at those things?
Speaker 18: I love a roller coaster, man.
Speaker 1: I don't do the fair rides.
Speaker 3: Because I got to be honest. I used to go on the fair rides when I was a kid. I was like, Oh my god, this is so amazing. And now I drive by him and I'm like, do you see the people that put these together?
Speaker 18: It's and then you watch one roll down the highway next to you and You're like, I don't know now the big thing parts I'm in though, Oh I love it. I have a guy to watch because I'm I'm a screamer on a rollercoaster like screen. Yeah, I don't try to hold it back.
Speaker 12: I let it.
Speaker 18: I let it rip and it wrecks my voice. Oh I have to have to like plant it on the last show of the run or you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went.
Speaker 3: I took my kids to Dollywood for the first time, and my son was five at the time he's now six, and he was like, Dad, I got to go on a roller coaster. I gotta go on a roller coaster. I'm like, what he's really scared of everything. It's kind of you know. And we finally go on a roller coaster and we get up to the front and goes Dad and it's one of the ones where your feet hang down so there's no seat, and he's like, Dad, I'm getting a little nervous. I'm like all right, and he goes, but can we sit in the front? I'm like, you want to sit in the front?
Speaker 18: And then we taste all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we get on the roller coaster. We don't sit in the front, and he was like, can I hold your hand? I hold him. I was like, and if you want to scream as loud as you want the whole time, and so he screamed the whole time. And then we get done. He's like, can we do it again? Can we do it again? I was like, yes, my son is amazing. And then we got out front, so mom and he started crying, Oh what? And so we didn't go back on the roller coast.
Speaker 12: It wore off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think so. I think. I think like reality came back to him and it was like, yeah, and speaking of Messa one and done, speaking of messing up your voice, do you ever get these things like in your mouth like.
Speaker 18: A canker store for a concert rarely.
Speaker 3: And how do you handle that? How do you sing through like this nastiness?
Speaker 18: I guess just swirl some tequila around.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Okay, all right, I couldn't.
Speaker 18: I couldn't tell you the last time I had to sing through one of those.
Speaker 3: But those sucks, Oh man, they suck. Every time I eat.
Speaker 18: I stressed, you know how on flower seeds over the weekend.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have a lot of stress. Let me tell you, does some list. I don't truss about anything. I'm pretty chill, man. I take a nap every day, and I mean, I got three kids, kind of stressful besides that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 18: I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it, all right.
Speaker 18: I don't have a I don't have a you know, a recommendation for you there.
Speaker 3: Than sorry for it to make you look inside my mouth, but you're not a dentist. But I appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Well, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, Dustin Lynch, thank you for stopping buy Morgan. Did you have any questions for him before he had to go?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Maddy did great?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, cool? Yeah, all right, Well that was Dustin Lynch and Morgan, thanks for not participating.
Speaker 1: The CMA's are live tonight at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 3: OH. Speaking of Eddie, we got George Burrs here. George, I want to know the pickleball League? How bad is Eddie at pickleball?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 23: Eddie has such a great personality, That's.
Speaker 3: What they say about the ugly chick. I don't want to hook you up with this girl. What's it what she looks like? He's got a great personality.
Speaker 9: He would Eddie would win the Hustle Award.
Speaker 23: I think you know that's uh, he's out there, he's trying his hardest and he's getting better every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Bobby comes on and tells how bad Eddie is, Like he's just the worst in the league and never gonna get better.
Speaker 23: Like it's a we're not seeing a ton of progress there, but we do love it.
Speaker 3: Why what is wrong with Like is he just unathletic or is it?
Speaker 23: Eddie's pretty set in his ways when he does stuff, so like you know, Bobby or you know, some of the guys that are really good will kind of give him some instruction, but Eddie kind of likes to do it his own way. You know, he's he's kind of he's doing is. He's set in uh in the way that he likes to do it, and so we're working on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was uncoachable.
Speaker 9: I think that would be a pretty good way to say it.
Speaker 3: How good are you? Because you're good at everything?
Speaker 23: Man, I grew up playing tennis like I love to play. I grew up playing all sports, so I'm pretty new to pick a ball. But it was like a pretty pretty easy transition, so I can take down everyone. It's set for Bones, which drives me crazy. Bones is and it's he doesn't even have to try that hard to beat me. He's he's exceptionally good at it. But he has a pick a ball court in his backyard, which I feel like is maybe a little bit of a it's kind of boost up right, But yeah, it's definitely a code.
Speaker 9: But Bones has game. But I'm calling it here.
Speaker 23: First, twenty twenty five is the year that I assume the top spot on the ladders.
Speaker 3: As an early partcament, do you guys have a name for your pickleball league or is just the pickleball league?
Speaker 9: I think there's a lot of directions we could go with that.
Speaker 2: Good got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, So if you're playing pickleball, are you playing golf? Still? A lotter is in all pickleball.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to get back into golf in a little bit.
Speaker 23: This year's been so crazy, being on the road doing uh, you know a lot of things that are beyond my wildest dream.
Speaker 9: So the golf kind of took a back seat for a second.
Speaker 23: But now that we're kind of getting our legs under us again, I got my golf clubs in the bus. I'm trying to sneak out and play every now and then. But I do have the pickleball bug a little bit, so I have been probably been playing more.
Speaker 3: Okay, And I got a question about your clothes. Yes, how much you pay for this outfit?
Speaker 23: So I'm very lucky to have a wife that takes care of me, so she does. But this was this was comped. They gave this really.
Speaker 3: Talk about that, the boots, the pants, and the shirt.
Speaker 23: I did not pay for anything on my body right now, which is a very surreal thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, isn't that cool?
Speaker 3: Do you get all your clothes for free? Now?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 23: You know, back when I couldn't afford anything, I had to pay for everything, and now that I can afford some stuff, I get it for free.
Speaker 9: So that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: So cool it is. I love that.
Speaker 23: But I have to show you a picture actually, and we can show the camera too. I went into the bathroom today and I thought I was wearing a cool shirt and then I saw the picture in the bathroom, and whatever it is, who wore it better?
Speaker 9: So it's maybe not as cool as I thought it was.
Speaker 24: Fun.
Speaker 2: That's not bad.
Speaker 9: I'll come show you, guys.
Speaker 3: George, you do kind of match as he shows the camera. All right, everybody listening to this, you can just imagine it's a.
Speaker 9: It's a fat elf with a Christmas hat on, and.
Speaker 23: Exactly radio app it's a picture of lunchbox wearing the same shirt as.
Speaker 3: What it is. No, I don't have that cool clothing. See, I have to go to by the ten ninety nine. I don't get comped clothes yet. I'm still waiting because I'm like, why am I not know?
Speaker 7: You look good?
Speaker 23: Well?
Speaker 11: You look good?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like ten bucks. Yeah, it's been in the closet for a couple of years. I wear it everyone, so I want to We had these interviews every other day. Is a T shirt.
Speaker 9: So when you go on the Charlie Sheen vibes, I think.
Speaker 3: Oh, man, that's kind of old crap. Dressed like an old man. Your vibe is old man. Congratulations lausch fun Yeah, two and a half. Man, dude, Man, manly man Man, Man. That was such a good show. Did you watch?
Speaker 9: That's a great show. I thought that was a compliment.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean, my grandpa man write a compliment, you know, sexy grandfathers like Eddie saying Eddie, yours athletic as Mike Tyson is right now. I mean, come on, man, Oh, I thought that was a compliment.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you look really good.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, yeah, Okay, anything else you want to talk about.
Speaker 9: Man, I'm just happy to be here, Buddy.
Speaker 3: Good Man, all right, cool, all right, well George Burger, but you want to shout out your clothing company or.
Speaker 23: The last time I get invited to hang out with you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're putting him on the list. You got him. That's a compliment. I'm putting you on the list. You know that's a compliment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, George, to see anybody, don't miss the fifty eighth annual CEMA Live on ABC tonight had eight seven Central.
Speaker 3: All Right, Mark Cawley, how's it going, man?
Speaker 12: Great man?
Speaker 3: Tell me? So, what is life like being you know, a legend and seeing Nashville? You know what I mean? You were like Nashville when it was gritty. Now it's kind of like glitz and glamour. And what was it like back then when it was like nitty gritty?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: I like the smaller town if the smaller houses, the pubs and houses, and uh, you can hang out a little bit more, you know, you can't. There's no word for songwriters and sort of families together up really unless you get out of town and go to somebody's house. Well, I think the toughness there were more great songwriters that you could hang out with, like Harlan Howard and people like that that you could get to know. And I was blessed to be a part of that last generation got.
Speaker 4: To know them.
Speaker 20: I mean, and you know you can.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what it's light now because I'm not down there, you know, Yeah, but I guess it's a good vibe, you know, I know that. But it seems like it's a little bit more family, community oriented. But it was still as tough as ever, you still had to write the song I used to.
Speaker 3: I mean, how hard is it to write a song? Like, it's really hard, Right.
Speaker 5: It's not hard to write a song. It's hard to write a great song. It just takes it takes longer. Me had to write a lot of good songs to get to a great one. I've been blessed to write some really pretty good songs, had a few that I would considered.
Speaker 20: You know, uh that I made a great contribution with those songs.
Speaker 3: Do you hear other songs like Okay, that's all great?
Speaker 5: Oh, listen the House that Built Me? You know you this look you know No, that's been a couple of years ago. But they'd be hard pressed to find a song greater than them.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you you marked that as one of the best songs of all time?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say because it connected to so many people at so many levels. But every song speaks to somebody different. Like when Man the Moon was a hit, I'd have people come and go, oh, that reminded me of this in my life, or then I'd have somebody else come up and go, uh, it reminded them of something else. I think everybody that he's he stopped loving her today thinks of another loved one, another heartbreak in their own lives.
Speaker 3: You know that does take you because I've heard of that song. I've heard that one.
Speaker 20: Well, I mean, well if you if you haven't, you should.
Speaker 12: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well, I understand what you're saying. And do you think, like what do you like social media? Are you glad social media wasn't around back in those days?
Speaker 20: Well I am, because that's been a lot more trouble than I am.
Speaker 5: You know, I tell you it was. You know, at least you got out and got in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like nowadays, you can't do anything.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know how these kids get out and do anything. Get me in trouble because before they get home in their mama's arch and I know where you vance huh. I mean it's the youngest get in there. Cut me a switch.
Speaker 20: You know, I don't get anybody gets some whipping anymore.
Speaker 3: We well, some people get a whooping and that's going I got like ring doorbell cameras. Like how you want to talk about ruining the youth. You can't even go toilet paper for someone's house. Because the dang ring doorbell camera goes off and they freaking.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, you know, social media probably cut out a whole lot of cheating songs because people can't cheat anymore because if they're cheating, everybody's sitting at the house washing them on, washing them on the big screen.
Speaker 18: Oh look that goes daddy.
Speaker 3: Oh check his location. Oh wait, his iPhone says, that.
Speaker 20: Is mama, I got this picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who is that?
Speaker 20: That's cinnama So yeah, yeah, yeah, who is cinnemon?
Speaker 4: Mommy? There are things?
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's here's So what are you gonna do?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: A cheating so about what?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, there ain't no surprises today.
Speaker 20: Well, I think that's a good thing. Keep keep everybody out of trouble.
Speaker 3: But too but a little trouble is good. A little trouble is good. It can be a good thing. It can provide inspiration, it can you know, you gotta get knocked down and then get up again. Never ever gonna keep me down.
Speaker 5: Well that that that's not ever going to change in life, you know, the wins and the losses and how you handle it, you know, Yeah, I mean it takes a lot of poor choices to ever learn the right one.
Speaker 3: It's deep.
Speaker 19: Every gets a spying actor, you should, Okay, Lunchbock is aspiring actor.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I've been in such things as Friday Night Lights Boom, a bout out of Hell in Las Vegas Boom, And I mean I tried to get the camera to love me and and it just hadn't loved.
Speaker 1: Me so far.
Speaker 20: Well, you know, it's tough love.
Speaker 5: The thing of it is, you've been at part of some really great productions.
Speaker 20: You know, Yeah, that's killer Man. Where are you from?
Speaker 3: I'm from Austin.
Speaker 4: Austin was no wonder.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 20: I'm doing the Landman time with Taylor Sheridan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I mean I love Austin, but we spend most of our time off around with it for yeah, you know, and they shoot the exchairs in Midland.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I mean planes go to Midland. So if you need me, okay, like you know what I'm saying, Like you can tell Taylor like, hey man, there's this guy. I met this guy Lunchbox and he has got a face for the camera.
Speaker 12: Well, and he's loud.
Speaker 2: Well how's my cryme?
Speaker 20: It's good. But here's a lot of that you could read for me. But I don't think you could. I think he's gonna have come comes off.
Speaker 3: What were you to read?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Get busy living or get busy dying? Life is like a box of chocolates.
Speaker 20: Well give me your big line in uh Friday Night Lives.
Speaker 3: What's good? I was the coach and we scored a touchdowns and then you know what they did to me?
Speaker 20: I almost bought that?
Speaker 12: Did you could I get it again?
Speaker 4: Let's go?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got it? That was good?
Speaker 24: Tough.
Speaker 3: You'll you pass that on the tailor? Yeah, well, thank you so much, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. That's very nice too.
Speaker 1: The cmas are live tonight at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 3: And or you just like the hat, just the hat.
Speaker 24: I just have a lot of la hats. I would say that their merch is just really good.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, do you get like inspiration? Do you look at other merch to get inspiration or how does that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, oh yeah, love.
Speaker 24: I just love like, I guess not like fashion, black clothes and hats and shoes and stuff.
Speaker 3: How many hats do you have?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 3: Mainly?
Speaker 24: Z Oh my gosh. People give me a lot of hats so I have. I mean, I bet, I bet you couldn't. I mean, oh my gosh, unbelievable amount of hats. Too many hats. Yeah, do you wear them more than once? I don't even wear a lot of them. I don't know why I even have them. I really don't even know why I have the hats. I need to get rid of lot of them. But it's also I'm like my grandma. She don't want to get rid of nothing because I might one day. Like what if I need that hat one day?
Speaker 25: You know?
Speaker 8: So are you trying to get past I.
Speaker 11: Really hope not.
Speaker 3: It's hard. It's hard to say no to free stuff though. Yeah, Like when someone's hitting you a free shirt or a free hat or a free pair of shoes, you're like, hey, man, I may wear those one day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude.
Speaker 24: And I think it comes from like when we would get a free shirt that'd be like a school shirt, like you you.
Speaker 11: Better take the shirt.
Speaker 24: Like you don't have a lot of shirts, So it's kind of like habit to be like, yep, I need shirts, need hats, you know, And then I'll get home be like I did not need that because I don't have any room for it.
Speaker 3: I mean I would go to the baseball stadiums and they'd have, you know, fill out a credit card for a free T shirt. I filled out one at every stadium, man. I mean the day I turned eighteen, I was getting free shirts and they were like two sizes too big and I got twenty six different credit cards, but I got that free damn grappy T shirt.
Speaker 15: Dude.
Speaker 24: I have the same story about j C Pennies, Dude. J C Pennies one and only time I ever signed up, They're like, hen, you could save this and we'll give you this for free and you won't have to pay for that shirt today. I'm like, oh, well, what is it and they're like, oh, it's just a credit card. All you got to do is just sign up. Signed up. Never paid for that shirt because it went on the credit card, which I didn't understand what a credit card was, and then I ended up paying like two hundred and seventeen dollars for this thirty seven dollars shirt.
Speaker 11: So I got jitped.
Speaker 3: That's like my wife the first time she went to the grocery store when she like and she was They're like, you want cash back? She was like yeah, I'll take cash.
Speaker 11: I like cash back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, well, how much you want?
Speaker 3: She was like, how much do you want to give me? She said It took her five minutes and then they were like no, no, no, like do you want to charge more? And then I give you guys shit, Oh no No. I thought you were just gonna get me cat.
Speaker 24: You're just gonna get it money. Well, I mean yeah, if you're giving it out, I'll say, baby.
Speaker 12: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 8: This reminds me last year you had stopped by and see us and you're like, man, I'm trying to keep up with my finance and stuff.
Speaker 10: I have all this stuff now and I'm buying a lot of stuff. Are you doing better this year with all of them?
Speaker 24: I have an awesome company that has really been helping me out.
Speaker 8: But still yeah, not that's still making some big spending.
Speaker 11: No, I've actually got pretty pretty good.
Speaker 24: Like I bought a really really expensive car and now I'm about to sell it because I've realized, Okay, you don't need all of this stuff in life, Like there's way better things to do with more money than just go buy a car or whatever.
Speaker 11: So my spending has been cut way short.
Speaker 10: This is good because.
Speaker 11: I'm trying to be an adult and an idiot. Thank you.
Speaker 8: And you have a dog to look out for now.
Speaker 24: Yeah, you know, and I want kids and a wife, and you know, they're gonna have to go to college.
Speaker 11: And I'm gonna have to, you.
Speaker 24: Know, college, Well hopefully if they're if they're got my smarts, good luck, good luck, because they ain't going to college.
Speaker 11: They dude, I barely passed high school.
Speaker 3: Dude. My mom when I was applying to college, she was like, she sat me down and she said, listen. My mom and dad looked at me and they said, look at me straight in the ey as. They said, not everybody goes to college. Some people just work after college and that perfectly fine. And I'm like, what do you mean. They're like, you're not gonna make it.
Speaker 11: You're not gonna make it.
Speaker 8: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting next to Bathy's different. Okay, we're pretty much in the same spot. We're both idiots, but we're here. It's like Bailey idiots.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like, how did you get here?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 11: I'm like, I don't know no idea how I got here. I just am here?
Speaker 18: So hello, what's up?
Speaker 8: Well, before we go I need to ask you one question's expensive?
Speaker 3: Do you still have the big house?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 24: Good have a nice house and it's got a studio in it, which is big blessing and yeah, yeah, because the last.
Speaker 3: Time you said you bought a big house, and you're like, oh my god, I didn't realize how big this was by a big and then so.
Speaker 24: So okay, a little update update, bought that house, realized what an idiot. This is not a good house to buy. So now I'm trying to sell that house. But I've bought a different house now, got it that is smaller, Well, not smaller, I would say, just distributed a lot better to where it doesn't feel like so massive and lonely and scary.
Speaker 11: Good and ghosts and stuff.
Speaker 3: Hold on, you're afraid of the dark.
Speaker 24: And ghosts and stuff. So when you just got some and stuff. So when you got some big gas house and you're walking through that thing at night by yourself, ruh no, yeah, dude, Oh my gosh, you wake up and you don't want to open your eyes because you're scared. Oh oh yeah, no, it's the worst. So yeah, I'm I'm blessed though, man, dude, just to have a house. I remember, uh, like three or four years ago, right before I started singing. I was living with my mom. Could barely afford my truck payment. And I was like, Mom, I want to and I was working and stuff, but I was like, Mom, I want to rent a house. She's like, you think you think you can rent a house. You ain't got no money. How are you gonna how are you gonna pay for your truck? Like you're crazy. You're gonna have to live with me for a long time. And I'm like, gosh, fast forward four years, dude, how.
Speaker 3: Do you like me now?
Speaker 8: Mom? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mom, who's got a house?
Speaker 8: Now? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I'm not proud of the first one, but that's all right.
Speaker 3: And I got an expensive car.
Speaker 8: Ball, somebody's in help. It's like coffee pasted happened here between lunch Talks and Bailey's Zimmerman. They can't really Can you answer this last question before Lunchalk station? On another wild ride?
Speaker 10: What is something you hope to accomplish before you die?
Speaker 8: Not music related?
Speaker 24: My biggest goal in life is to have a loving wife and kids and a farm with many horses and many cows and big horses and goats and ducks.
Speaker 11: And dogs and cats and stuff. Yeah, just a farm with a loving wife and kids. And that's it.
Speaker 10: You went the white picket fence too.
Speaker 24: I don't know if i'd go white, I might go like more like brown or something. I'm more like, you know, I don't know. We'll see when I get there though, But yeah, that's that's my biggest goal of my life.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really thought he's gonna say eleven kids. He goes, and I was, like, eleven kids? What does he say?
Speaker 11: Not a lot of kids?
Speaker 24: Please please give me like I would do like four, like four kids, like I could do that, Like.
Speaker 8: You don't have to decide.
Speaker 24: I just okay, I love kids, man, I love I love your babysit family and stuff.
Speaker 11: No, I don't, but I got I.
Speaker 3: Got three kids, got I'm my kids. You can practice.
Speaker 11: I don't know if you've got my right, man, don't do it my day Right's pretty expensive?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah no, I probably can't afford it. Yeah, he's got to pay that carpet, you know. Yeah, your houses, I mean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, we got to get out of here.
Speaker 3: Two Idiots and Morgan.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's our new podcast, Two Idiots and Morgan.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the fifty eighth. Then you will see him as live on ABC HAD eight seven Central broadcasting from the fifty eighth. Then you will SEEMA Awards. It's the Babby Ball sho.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to sit this close to you?
Speaker 12: Do you want?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't want to sit on my lap?
Speaker 12: Like what do you want to do?
Speaker 3: Whatever? Santa?
Speaker 7: I am Santa, I am the country Santa.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, thank you? Do you like Cody Allen just told me, he goes, he goes you. I mean, it's the most loving way you'd make it. Please at some point in your life be a mall Santa. I was like, I might.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny is one time my dad got a call from the news and they're like, hey, with these out new allegations, are you still going to be Santa at the mall this year? And my dad's like, what what are you talking about. They're like, oh, yeah, you know, you know, you've just been charged with the indecency with the child, you know, inappropriate, And my Dad's like, I've never been Santa and I've never had these charges against me. It was some dude with the same name as my dad. It used to be Santa at the mall and they were calling to get his comment on.
Speaker 7: The I see on like the little list like if you live near this.
Speaker 2: No, well luckily he is not sorry, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: But I mean that's that Santa story brings back, you know, you're like bad memories.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry. I just triggered the whole thing for you. Are you gonna be that.
Speaker 3: That crazy though? That's crazy. We're just sitting there, like, you know, at the house and the phone rings look different, Like I'm like, did you ever you know, go sitting at the moment? I never did it, So yeah, I'm really weird. You're like I've heard that before. Everybody. Welcome Nate Smith. Okay, yeah, how are you?
Speaker 7: Man, dude, I'm good man, I'm so good. I'm excited for these awards. Yeah, and just happy to be nominated, you know, come on somebody.
Speaker 12: Yeah and uh yeah, just kind of hanging out.
Speaker 3: And do you have your acceptance speech already?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 7: I don't even know if I'm gonna win, like like I haven't even thought that far. I'm just kind of like I'm here. I'm so excited to be at the table. I don't want to even think that way, you know, just like you know, if it happens, it happens, and if it does, I'm just gonna be a mess, a blubbering mess.
Speaker 3: You'll cry, yes, I mean, oh not, I don't know. I don't know. I've never won such a big award, so I don't know, have you.
Speaker 7: But now that I said I would cry, then it's gonna be weird to cry because I've already you know, no, no, But.
Speaker 3: If you say you're gonna cry, and then if you win and you don't cry, I'm gonna be like nice Smith's a liar.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: Now, my question for you is, I don't want to get morbid, you know what I mean? Because if you know you're not gonna die or anything.
Speaker 7: But wow, wow when an intro, Yeah.
Speaker 3: What is one thing you hope to accomplish.
Speaker 2: Before you die?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 7: Before you die? But it's not but not in music, Not in music. Something I hope to accomplish before I die. Become a more patient person. How boring is that?
Speaker 3: That's hard?
Speaker 7: But honestly, though, bro, like gosh, any inconvenience, I'm like, what's going on with this.
Speaker 12: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You know I tell myself that all the time that I try to learn patience and I'm like, oh, I got kids, and I'll be more patient. And it doesn't work because a hundred times like.
Speaker 7: What I also want to master, like like wiping sitting down because you know, I'm a leg up on the seat kind of thing, standing and doing this whole thing. But I think it looks really odd to people. Have you ever done a bidet? A bidet? That's what I meant. I like a bidet, well badet, but day but day, but day. I think I'd be uncomfortable with it.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know. Man, I'm gonna tell you what. My cousin clean, how clean?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 3: My cousin andrew him and his returning brothers. They preached me for years anymore, and I was like, you guys are crazy. And then I was in a Vegas at hotel right and they have one. I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna try this thing out. It's amazing. It's a life changer.
Speaker 7: Didn't hurt.
Speaker 3: No, it didn't hurt, and it is it cleans perfectly.
Speaker 7: I'll I'll think about it. I'll think about it.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, dude, and it saves money on toilet paper.
Speaker 7: Well, if I figure that out, we'll die, right, because that'd be the last thing I need to do.
Speaker 2: That's right, Okay, Right, Nate's met everybody.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Nate, You're welcome.
Speaker 11: What did we do?
Speaker 1: The Cmas are live tonight at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 8: Morgan here with Parker McCollum or aka Gulchen Cowboy.
Speaker 12: I'll take it.
Speaker 13: How you feeling, I'm blessed. I feel very good.
Speaker 8: Is that because you're at CMA Awards or because you're like dad lifing.
Speaker 10: It up right now?
Speaker 13: I am dad lighting it up so hard, but also because I'm at CMA Awards and just it's my favorite time of year, and it's dear season, and it's holiday season and CMA Awards and is already.
Speaker 10: Decorated for Christmas. If it's your favorite time of year.
Speaker 13: We did put the tree up because we just kind of and gone so much, and I was like, I wanted to be up when we go home. She won't go home till December first, and so that's that's a lie. I'll go home for two days this weekend, but she won't be home till December first with me, so but we went in and put it up and put some other things, and you know, so I like the tree. I would put the tree up all year long. I think it's a great addition to the house. I think it's very makes the house very warm and cozy.
Speaker 8: See that's a high feel Christmas lights. They're amazing all the time. What is the dad life like though? Right now?
Speaker 7: For you?
Speaker 8: Because first time dad, first time and you're last time, potentially last time.
Speaker 13: I'm just kidding, You're like, there are some moments where I'm thinking that though that's fair.
Speaker 10: I think that's normal for a first time parent.
Speaker 13: It's so good and I mean it's so genuinely that, as honest as I can be, the coolest, most impressive, unbelievable part of the entire thing since that kid has been born. Is how good Hallie Ray is it being a mom?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 13: You just it's crazy and it's I'm like, I'm just couldn't be worse at it. And she's so good at it just day one and she's just like she's been doing it her whole life, So that's really been special.
Speaker 8: I feel like she would disagree that You're also probably very good at it, if I had to guess, I'm pretty good.
Speaker 13: At getting go to sleep. But that's about it.
Speaker 10: Okay, we'll take that one.
Speaker 8: What about I want to know outside of music, what is something that you hope to accomplish before you die?
Speaker 13: Something I hope to accomplish before I die?
Speaker 10: Good questions over here.
Speaker 13: I would like to have a terrific relationship with my wife and kids as an old man. That's what I hope to accomplish before I die.
Speaker 10: We one. Some people go Rogan. You just went totally sweet.
Speaker 8: Dang it, Parkner.
Speaker 13: I'd like to be on Rogan too, but you gotta be like super famous to do that.
Speaker 8: So you're the gold.
Speaker 10: Chain Cowboy, I'm pretty sure youre going to I don't think.
Speaker 13: I don't think Joe Rogan is going to be a fan of the gold Chain Cowboy, but I do. I am a huge fan of his.
Speaker 8: Well, I do want to say too, you were on our Listener's list of the top ten sexiest males in country music.
Speaker 12: Oh great, how.
Speaker 10: Does that feel?
Speaker 13: I guess that's I guess it's better than the alternative being the top ten ugliest.
Speaker 12: So this is true. I'm glad. I made that one.
Speaker 10: Well, you're a great dad.
Speaker 8: I will put it out there that you can go on the podcast you want to go, but I also I think you'll be great at having that accomplishment.
Speaker 13: And thank you, I hope.
Speaker 1: So it's good to see you. Thanks girl, Joon't miss the fifty eighth annual see him as live on ABC tonight at eight seven Central.
Speaker 3: You get me to start the interview. You don't really know if it's bad ass or if it sucks.
Speaker 12: To be honest, I mean, I know I know about y'all. It's a badass. I'll tell you for sure.
Speaker 3: You want to know it's badasses, Jack Daniels, I mean they hook you up.
Speaker 12: Huh yes, sir man for a Tennessee boy. I'm pretty thankful to know them like I do.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Red Barron on the back too.
Speaker 3: I saw it said Red Barren on the back. But I saw the hat, the jacket. I mean. No, Jack Daniels.
Speaker 12: Shoes black and white though you know brand.
Speaker 8: You know why this is what he's wearing. Right. He has a song called Jack and Dyke Co because like Jack and Dyke Coke Jack and Dyke Co. It's so catchy.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: No, I did not know that, Morgan.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why you're I thought he had a sponsorship deal.
Speaker 12: We just family. Now Okay, yeah, might as well, I guess.
Speaker 10: But you have so many catchy songs.
Speaker 8: Tell me a little bit like about your career, like starting up, because I know you from the music, but I don't know much about your story.
Speaker 10: Give me a little background to you.
Speaker 12: Well, I started off as a dirt bike racer from White House, Tennessee, and that led me to meeting Tyler Hubbard. And he built a track in my hometown for some reason.
Speaker 8: A track for you to dirt dirt bike track.
Speaker 3: Well, not just for him, for everybody.
Speaker 21: It was.
Speaker 2: Right there, and I want you to have this dirt track.
Speaker 12: He built it for him for him somehow or another. One of my buddies met him and he was like, bring some friends riding and I one day I told him I couldn't come ride because I was going to the studio and everybody was like, what are you really going to do? And I was like, I'm gonna pay a guy to record a song. And some reason him and Brian took a liking to it and started mentoring me. And that was kind of how I ended up here.
Speaker 10: And wait, so you you were with FGL before the split.
Speaker 12: Yes, I was signed to Tree Vibe, so I wrote for him for about four years and that was really good for me. I got to tour around with them and see what a tour like that looks like when it's operating good, and and uh, yeah, it was great for me to cut my teeth with them. That's who I got my first cuts with. And you know, they really gave me roots in town. And they started a record label right before they broke up, and they did a cod deal with Warner, and thankfully Warner kept me once the boys broke up.
Speaker 3: And how does that happen?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 12: Man? It was tough because I just told them, you know, I kept it real. I said, when I get my publishing check or my record label check, both the ALL signatures on the bottom, I worked for both the ALL both the All's my homies. I'll never pick I'll never pick a side and I never have and they I think they both respected it. And that's why I still got a good relationship with each of them.
Speaker 10: But oh, well, that's good.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's hard for that to happen because it affects friend groups and everything else, but we all come out good on the other side of it.
Speaker 10: Well, that's really cool that you were part of that origin story before.
Speaker 12: You got to meet Nelly and write a little bit with them. So that was my first first number one song, and that that really gave me a you know, a little bit of cred in town.
Speaker 3: And that changed her book in your bank account.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know what the biggest thing for me is I didn't have to make desperate moves as an artist. I knew my bills were paid as with my songwriting, and I could go really slow and make sure I picked songs that were right for me. And and we didn't just do something we thought was a hit. And I think it served me well in the long run.
Speaker 3: And how's your dirt bike racing?
Speaker 24: Now?
Speaker 3: Do you have time for that or is it all music all the time?
Speaker 12: It's all music twenty four to seven. But two weeks ago we did a show at a race and we had Sunday off and we talked to the bus driver into stand and I woke up and borrowed a bike and race.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 12: So that was like the best weekend of all two It needs to be.
Speaker 8: Like your new tour where you do a combination of dirt bikes and country music.
Speaker 12: I would love it now, Warner would probably be nervous. No, they know I'm getting fragile for some reason. Every time I hit the ground, something breaks.
Speaker 3: But that's what happens when you get older. Man, I don't know how old are you.
Speaker 12: I'm thirty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, you're really old.
Speaker 12: Man eighteen, it was like rubber Now, I felt like glue.
Speaker 3: You hit the ground stick three. Man, boy, it's rough out there.
Speaker 8: Have you had any serious injuries from there? I feel like that comes with a lot of injuries in general that sports.
Speaker 12: I probably broke thirty bones. I think three years ago I crashed me and Tyler were riding. Actually I broke four ribs, both arms, my shoulder. It was one of the worst crashes of my entire life.
Speaker 10: And you still haven't stopped. You still love it.
Speaker 3: Well, you said it broke your both your arms, both arms.
Speaker 2: How did you take a shower back?
Speaker 12: Brother? I couldn't put my own socks or shirt on.
Speaker 3: Seriously, who helped you?
Speaker 12: I had a girlfriend at the time. It was very kind and she helped me through that because it was it.
Speaker 3: Was tough we appreciate her for getting you through that, and now that she's gone, we're we're okay with that.
Speaker 12: She inspired some good songs, too good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because like I had ankle surgery, you know a few years back, and I had to have my mom bathed me because I couldn't get my ankle.
Speaker 12: And I had to be out and get dreadful.
Speaker 3: Man, it's like embarrassing. But I'm like a grown adult, and everybody's like, that's so weird. Your mom bade you. I'm like, why, man, I was twenty seven, So what you see me naked when I was a kid? What's wrong we're seeing me nigga?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 12: I mean you know what they talked, That talk till that happens to them. Exactly when you got to put a trash bag on your leg because you got to cast the whole length of it, you beg anybody to help you scrubs.
Speaker 3: Thank you read. I know what he's talking about.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know about it.
Speaker 8: I'm really sorry you had to have the picture of lunchbox getting bathed by his Oh.
Speaker 12: I mean, I've been there. I can I can relate exactly.
Speaker 3: I related to him, Like when when he was talking about I feel this guy's pain. I had ankle surgery. I had the same situation, but I didn't have a girl friend.
Speaker 12: I got shoulder surgery Friday for that crash. Actually, what, you just had a surgery in your he no, this coming Friday?
Speaker 8: Coming up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can't miss the seem acause then he's going to have surgery.
Speaker 8: I thought you just had a surgery and he's hanging.
Speaker 12: Out with that. We had to finish tour first, but it never healed. I did therapy and everything on it, and it just never healed. So it's been popping out of place all the time. So I'm still paying for that stuff and I ain't even getting to ride and have fun.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's trash.
Speaker 3: So who's gonna wash you this time?
Speaker 12: You know what? I ain't quite sure? All right?
Speaker 3: I hit him up on Instagram the Red Fair looking.
Speaker 12: For a baby top a sponge of Moji. No, man, I've done it enough times at this point. I got a pretty good system down. So we're gonna we're gonna get it, get through it all right.
Speaker 8: But oh well, we hope it goes good. And Red Ferirn thanks for hanging out with us.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 8: Songs I love them. I think they're wonderful. I'll turn lunchbox onto him. Somebody knows what's happening.
Speaker 12: Yeah, let him know about it.
Speaker 8: Let him know, let me know, just like I got you.
Speaker 12: I'll see you at unreleased stuff too, like that.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't think people do that enough. Man. Everybody gate keeps like how we supposed to expect y'all to get excited about something and you hear it today it comes out or whatever it's the week it comes out. Yeah, I need to live with stuff a little bits true. I'm gonna start leaking.
Speaker 10: Records, just fool records, the whole thing.
Speaker 12: Just send y'all all right, Red Bear and everybody soon later much love y'all. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the fifty eighth annual See Amazed live on ABC tonight at eight seventh century And here.
Speaker 8: Right now, Scottie Hastein, you are not only a singer and songwriter, but you're also an Army vet.
Speaker 10: Yes, tell me a little bit about that for people who may not know you.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 25: I was in the United States Army in April twenty first, twenty eleven. I was shot in Afghanistan. I was shot ten times and I've been lucky enough to find an outlet and sense of peace and escape in music, and it's it's amazing, and I'm just trying to help other people who are struggling like I am.
Speaker 8: You know, we met, Gosh, it was a couple of months ago now at Create Events, Create a Vets event that was with George Straight and his new album, and you were doing stuff with that, and it was really cool to see just how impactful music is for so many veterans as they're coming back and they've had these really traumatic experiences. Absolutely, like, for you, what does music mean to you now? It probably has a different definition.
Speaker 25: Oh yeah, you know, you know, music for me has always has become an outlet, but more than that, now it's a way to help. It's a way for me to to be able to put into words things that a lot of vets can't say or don't know how to find words to say. And and hopefully in some way, shape or form, I'm helping someone.
Speaker 8: And you are, there's no doubt that you are. You also got to do a collaboration with Dolly. Oh God, life changing, I imagine.
Speaker 25: I mean it's Dolly Parton.
Speaker 8: Did you okay? So did you get a meter? I need to know how it happened, did you No?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't even get a chance to meter. I still haven't met her yet. I have a song with her.
Speaker 25: I don't even met her yet.
Speaker 8: Crazy, it's it's wild, weird.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 25: So we did a version of Till Last Shots Fired, which is a song that I heard it Walter read for the first time, and it changed everything for me. It changed my life. In that moment, I made a decision that I wasn't going to let my disability dictate my life. And I wasn't going I was I was going to live my life to the fullest for my friends that would never.
Speaker 4: Have the opportunity.
Speaker 25: And fast forward ten years, I'm sitting in the office of one of the co writers that song and he's like, you want to do a version of it? And I said do I Yeah, I want to do a version of it, like that song changed my life and and he was like okay. So we did it and it was amazing, and he was like, you know, what if we got other veterans, what if we got other artists to do to be a part of this, And I said send it to everybody, like please, that'd be great. And originally Jamie Johnson was supposed to be a part of it, but he got really sick and he wasn't able to so Lee.
Speaker 12: Brice was like, I want to be a part of this, let's do it.
Speaker 10: So Rice is a huge advocate.
Speaker 4: Incredible, one of my dearest friends.
Speaker 25: Now he's so amazing and and yeah, he did his version. I got to go and watch how he does his thing, which is incredible. And uh and then yeah, I got a call. I was coming back from a show. I got a call from Doug Johnson, my producer, and he said, Hey, I just want to let you know Dolly wants to be a part of this. Is that okay? And I said, why are you calling me? Give her the song, let her do whatever she wants. It's Dolly parton.
Speaker 8: Like what do you know how she heard it?
Speaker 11: How she heard Yeah, apparently.
Speaker 25: He sent it to her producer and he played it for her and she's like, I want to I want to do something on this, And.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what in your heart happened when you were like, Dolly heard my voice and wants to be on the I.
Speaker 4: Must threw up in my car. It's like that. I mean it's Dolly.
Speaker 25: Dolly like she is, she's she's more than her name. Yeah, and it's it's incredible.
Speaker 8: Well, you mentioned that you want to make sure you're living your life. What's something outside of music, because that's become such a big important piece for you. Yes, but that you hope to accomplish before this is all over.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 25: Really, The biggest thing for me is I just want to leave this place better than when I came here.
Speaker 8: It's very impactful and I think it's very important and I think it's not as common as you think.
Speaker 10: That people want to do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I think it's really cool that you are.
Speaker 11: It's important for us.
Speaker 8: Is well, thank you E for being here.
Speaker 10: Is going to get to see you again?
Speaker 4: Oh you too? Absolutely thinking.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, fake conversations, Yeah.
Speaker 18: Fake conversation is always the best conversations.
Speaker 12: Yea, yeah, right absolutely.
Speaker 1: The Cmas are live tonight at eight seventh Central on ABC.