Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to the Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny g Radio, Happy Sunday to you. It is the thirteenth day of July. We have arrived here and one of the final Sundays before the NFL. What kind This is one of those kind of things because I think today or tomorrow the Chargers begin training camp.
Speaker 3: They are, yeah, their rookies are supposed to.
Speaker 1: Today, right, I think it's today, Yes, yeah, So they play in the Hall of Fame game, and throughout the week we'll be getting NFL news, We'll have training camps will start opening up slowly and surely around the NFL. So it's getting underway, and we're about fifty some odd days I think away from the first real NFL game, they'll be exhibition games in less than a month. They'll be exhibition football in less than a month, which is very cool. This is the greatest baker.
Speaker 3: You know. The last day of this month is the Hall of Fame game, right, the thirty first.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think you're right on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so we could say there's football this month.
Speaker 1: Very cool. So we're excited about that and we look forward to it. Obviously, it's where sports radio. That's the golden time for sports radio, right, that's the golden period there, time.
Speaker 3: Of the year where we're not supposed to take any days off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I'm taking no no once the season regular season begins is so I'm gonna try to squeeze all my time off the rest of July and August once football begins. I normally don't take any days off other than the company forces me to take off. I think it's Christmas Eve because they have best of programming in New Year's Eve. But other than that, I'm in. I'm in, baby, I am all in from September until February. No days off, no days off. Yeah, we do have the mailbag. I did also want to point out that we like dope Holidays. It is National Barbershop Music Appreciation Day. I bring this up for a couple of reasons. Number One, I like barbershop music. That makes me weird. Number two years ago, there was a listener from Chicago who sent us some barbershop quartet style music. And one of the songs that this person may is a classic and there were two versions made. A gentleman made this song in honor of the Cubs, the Three Cubs. So this goes back twenty some odd years ago and it's one of the all time great parody songs ever delivered. And it was a fan of the Mallor Show, The Chubby Cubby, Remember the Chubby Cubby, Danny the c Yeah, that was barbershop quartet, and that is a song that we played on the show. We actually got in trouble with the score in Chicago for playing that song. They for some reason, somebody there got upset with us. I don't know why they did. And so there you go.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a spinoff of Jingles. And you're such a big fan of Jingles. I can see how you love barbershop quartets.
Speaker 1: I do. I do you remember watching the movie Hoosiers it featured a barbershop quartet singing the national anthem before a game.
Speaker 3: That's right, yeah, and so that was in the eighties.
Speaker 1: That's a long time ago. And anyway, it's celebrate appropriately. And if somebody wants to make a Mallor Show theme song barbershop quartet style. I'm not saying we wouldn't play it all the time, but we would absolutely play it every chance we get. So I'm just saying, I'm just saying, let's get to the mail bag. What do you say, Danny G. What do you say?
Speaker 3: Let's go? It's bang.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, ohio A. These are actual letters by actual listeners to the show. First up, our man from Michigan. He's a Michigan man. I assume he's from there. I know he lives there, but I don't know if I don't know the history of everyone that writes in. Reggie from Detroit, who's always a muckraker. He writes and he says, been and daddy G. I hope you guys had a great week. Wayne, is malord merch coming? You've been teasing this bit for a while. Are you actually going to pull the trigger? Big fan? Reggie in Detroit. Reggie, thank you first of all for actually admitting you want some Mallord merch. Secondly, I'm trying to do this the right way. I have been in contact with a couple of people. I just I'm crutching Oways as my grandfather who says yettish term. I got to pull the trigger on this. There's some things I'm waiting on before I do it. I wanna, you know, I want to throw some stuff out there and give people the opportunity that are fans of the show to buy some stuff. And I don't know how much of how much of the the stuff I want to put out. There's no budget. That's the problem. There's no budget. Now some people have come forward and offered to to set it up and they'll they'll take a cut of whatever money is there. Like the whole the whole reason I would do it, Reggie, is to try to get money to do more Malord meet and greets in different places. Because the company, I guess there going through hard times. They don't ever pay for anything, none of my travel. So I do these Mallard meet and greets. It's out of my pocket. No, it's good marketing for the show. And I don't mind doing it. You know, I be better if the company actually paid for it. So I figure, if I can sell some shirts and some other crap, then I can use that money not for myself, but to travel to to go to some different places and meet fans of the show in different different cities. And so that's really the motivation behind it. Kind of create a travel fund where I hate you know, the Mallard Militia pays for future Mallor meet and greets, So that would be the way I would do it. I wouldn't like the money wouldn't go to me, per se. I just reinvested in the show. So I'm definitely close to doing something, Reggie, I haven't I haven't obviously done it yet. So I'm very busy during the week. I only have a couple of days to kind of throw everything out there. I'll let you know as and Danny, you're aware of this. One thing I'm never bashful about is promotion. I'm you know, I'm promoting something I go all in like the Mallard Palooza is coming up a week from today. Week from tonight is the Malard Palooza twenty twenty five. The biggest event in overnight sports talk radio during the summer is the Mallard Palooza. You were part of some of those back in the day. We used to be called the Ben Mallard Talent Show. It's the Mallard Palooza. It's gonna be off the hook. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Oh. I'm gonna call up to do some poetry. My poet name is the Poet of Rage.
Speaker 1: No. I like that. Roses are red, violence of blue, and I hate you and you can just go yeah. Perfect.
Speaker 3: Oh. I was gonna say, and I'm gonna kill you because I'm poet of rage.
Speaker 1: That's true. Got a murder well that would see that you're better at poetry. That would be perfect. Yeah, thank you, Richie. Next up Dodger Kevin in Houston, oh Man, the Belly of the Beast. Hey Ben, and g Man. Hey Danny, you're g Man. He says. I grew up in the Valley. I love LA sports radio. I moved to Houston during COVID, he says, Kevin, to escape your governor Newsom. He's still here, Kevin, he says, And I live near my wife's family, the in laws. So the reason I'm writing you is they were talking about you on local sports radio here in Houston as a topic and n Dodger Kevin says, hey, are you aware of this? And b what do you think of being a punching bag for these loser astro fans? I'm surrounded by. That's from Kevin. So, first of all, Kevin, I was kind of aware that my name came up on sports radio in Houston, because after I did the cheating ass whole monologue, we're on podcasts. I can say that I all of a sudden got a lot of email and social media content from people from Houston who were new names. So I figured either they saw the video on social media or my name came up on sports radio in Houston.
Speaker 3: So I you know where I got to hear? You were ant and on the astros recently. Where's that you were filling in on the blow torch AM five seventy LA sports Radio.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: You and Jonas knocks and you were going off on the astros. And I was laughing in my car as I was driving to the study.
Speaker 1: I was rich listen, uh we enjoyed that. I was very disappointed the daytime callers on the Rogan and Rodney show, Danny way too positive, Like, way too positive, Dodd, You're like, I mean, it's like, come on now, the Dodgers have had a terrible week of baseball year, you know, and then they're limping into the All Star break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys were like, the Dodgers suck. They suck right now. By the way, we're giving away tickets at any moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jonas of course, waited until the final segment of the show to get away. It's but of course, yeah, that's that's the oldest trick in the book, right, You never give him away right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could have happened in five minutes from now.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's funny because we gave him away. And the last time I was on that show with Fred, Fred's like, what number caller bend should we use? And I was like, I don't know. I don't give anything away. I don't have any gifts to get away in the overnight, so I don't call her six. And so I was like, call her six, and then Fred's like, that's so easy. So this week I said call her fifty eight, and they got upset with me because I guess that was too high call it. I got to find somewhere in the middle, somewhere, some of them. But anyway, back to Dodger Kevin, Kevin, thank you for listening. And I'm flattered. I am flattered that who were.
Speaker 3: Talking about you. Do you have any idea?
Speaker 1: I do not know their names. I wouldn't know them even. I mean, it was on seven ninety in Houston, which is our our affiliate, so I don't know who's on there. I was told one of the guys that always attacks me is like a Rockets broadcaster or something. I don't know if that's true. I don't know. Maybe somebody can let me know one of our maybe Kevin can write back or whatever. I think it's a guy that works or either did work on the Rockets broadcast the Houston Rockets, or somebody that does. Now I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm going to search their station later today and see if I can find audio of them. They obviously one of them heard you doing the take and then said, let's react to that on our show, and then they spent probably an hour talking about you and your take.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know how long they spent talking about you, but I am I'm flattered that I can say something at four in the morning in Houston and these Jabbroni's are gonna talk about me. Now, that's the oldest trick in the book, Danny. I learned the art of weaponizing other people's takes from my time at WI. When I and this year's ago I got hired to fill in at WEI, I was doing it remote lee, and I learned the art of taking something that Rob Parker or Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith said that morning about Tom Brady and the Patriots and molding that into an hour of talk radio. There is an art, Yeah, there is an art to it.
Speaker 3: It's just like a few days ago that Kansas City broadcaster called Patrick Mahomes fat.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, perfect, that's a great extent.
Speaker 3: Everybody was doing a topic out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It is really a great tool if it's Radio one oh one. It's something to add to your toolbox if you want to get into this or the podcast game. You weaponize other people's takes. Normally the overnight guy does not have their takes weaponized. So I am flattered that whoever that nobody in Houston was decided to put my name out there. I am such a radio loser. Alf writes in from Magic City, a bunch of hookers and cocaine. He said, Hey, guys, I'm going to be there tomorrow. I heard the recent promo about Coveno and Rich and the Major League Baseball All Star Game. So I'm assuming that FSR is sending all of the talent to Atlanta. Well, you know what happens when you assume Alf for the festivities. My question is will all of you be attending Rob Parker's blowout party at Magic City? And will it be raining lemon pepper wings? That's from the great Alf. Well, Danny, you're going. I am not invited to these things. I am not one of the cool kids. But you will be there, Danny. So are you going to the infamous Magic City, which is so good that La Clipper Lou Williams left the bubble to eat lemon pepper wings at Magic City?
Speaker 3: You know I love wings bone in one of my favorite things to dip in ranch. I definitely want to try those wings.
Speaker 1: I've been told. I've been told by the way that if you go to Magic City, the only bones there are on the chicken wings. The women very curvacous, not a lot of bones showing they they did. Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Rich Davis tells this funny story that he was with I guess, a couple of radio friends back in the day when he last visited Atlanta. They were like the dudes that worked at his sister radio station at the time, like their urban station, And so they take him into Magic City and he looks around and he told them, He's like, you guys, I'm the only white guy in here. And he said, at one point he walked out, he had to walk out to the parking lot to get some fresh air because he was just overwhelmed by everything that was going on inside. And he said when he left, he smelled like cocoa butter and wings.
Speaker 1: So I that is great. Like I have not been to the ballet in a while, but the cocoa butter is uh. That is the perfect word described the the the experience at the uh at the ballet. That is uh. That is great. That is uh. Well. I actually got into an argument with my guys sports with Coleman, I think it was back on Friday, because I'd praised the Atlanta Airport, the Atlanta you know, Hartfield whatever.
Speaker 3: Airport, the beautiful airport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you agree with me. So I was like, oh, it's a great airport, and Sports with Coleman is like, people hate it, it sucks. He's from Atlanta. Originally He's like, it's blows. I don't know why you praise it. And I told him Danny, I said, listen, first of all, you're completely wrong. Every time I've been to the Atlanta airport, I've had a good experience. And secondly, I compare everything to LAX. So pretty much every airport I go to other than La Guardia in New York. Other than that, every other airport is better than LAX and Atlanta. They have a train system, right, they got a whole. I mean there's a whole, but going on like that's to me, that was an efficient, well run airport. So I don't agree with Sports with It's a good.
Speaker 3: Last time, the last time I flew into Atlanta was for the Super Bowl there. What was that like maybe six seven years ago now, And it was crazy because we land, we get inside and there was a drum line in there. There was like a band, a marching band, a black school marching band, and they're going all crazy on their drums and their instruments and people were dancing inside the airport. It was wild.
Speaker 1: That's great. Yeah, no, I like the Atlanta airport. So there you go. Are they going to have a staff meeting at Magic City called by Rob Parker? You think that'll have and that Rob will get everyone together? I need a cole showered. All right, we're gonna have a meeting everyone, you know, team bonding. We're going to Magic City. Got the back of it.
Speaker 3: You're not wrong because when the guys saw the odd couple on Friday as the show was over for us, they were telling Rob what time? Which day are we gonna meet you there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I hear you. Now wait till you're turning the expense report to management and on the.
Speaker 3: Bill of Magic City, all right, CBS on top of the receipt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Maddie from Maddie from Michigan Rights and says, hey, Ben and Danny, I know you guys travel. Well this is perfect because it says you travel. You guys travel a lot. Did you see the story in Maine where passengers were forced to spend over seventeen hours in at an airport in Maine because a flight was diverted because some people were smoking cigarettes in the bathroom on the plane. So, Matti, I did not see this story. If that is what happened. What you're saying here, Maddie, shouldn't those people go to jail? Danny like, what do you doing?
Speaker 3: Of course, yeah, go to chit. I think it's interesting too to hear about what happens with other people and cigarette smokers. I walked through the garage at Sherman Oaks, the big parking garage we have. Once in a while they'll be idiots who step out of the elevator chain smoke cigarettes right by the entrance of the elevators, get back inside the elevator and go down and go back into their office. Because we're in a huge bank building. I walked into a cloud of smoke the other day that got stuck in my throat. It was in my lungs all afternoon. And then the same damn thing when I went to the mall. And by the way, I also saw a bunch of nerds walking into the theater dressed like Superman in costumes.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Cosplasure.
Speaker 3: One of them had a red cape on and he was smoking a cigarette outside the theater. People still do this in the year twenty twenty five. Are you I was going to say retarded. I can't not allowed to say that anymore.
Speaker 1: Go get canceled, I think, well, no, I think.
Speaker 3: Joe, are the people that are smoking cigarettes should be the ones who get canceled.
Speaker 1: It's a little much, I know, but I'm always amazed. Guy. I when I go to Vegas, everyone smokes, and like usually I don't see a lot of people here, although I did. I was at the beach. Was it last week or I don't know it was last week because it was last week was the fourth of July, so I guess it was a couple of weeks ago. And I ended up down Win from some dude was smoking on the beach, which I think you're not even allowed to do that in California, but he was and I was down Win, so I was I might as well have been the one smoking, cause it was coming right in my white right in my lungs, you know, boom, you know, like, what do you come on? Qwaang from Vietnam yet again? Right? And this guy is loyal. He doesn't miss a week anymore. We thank you, Kwang. He says he's in Ho Chi Minh he loves to say that super one, Yeah, Big Ben and Daddy g Radio. He writes, meet ball Triodge. I talked about meatball surgery on the show, and the person had no idea what I was talking about. I assume you know that term like meatball surgery. Ay so Quang says meatball triage is a term used to describe a method of rapidly processing a large number of patients, often in a chaotic environment, prioritizing those most likely to survive. It involves making quick decisions, performing procedures efficiently, sometimes at the expense of thoroughness, to save as many lives as possible. He says, the term game popularity, though on which TV show? All right, Danny or you should know this right away? What do you think what TV show did meetball triage meatball surgery become famous on? I know the answer answers revealing.
Speaker 3: This one's easy. Laverne and Shirley.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely right. Remember Laverne came home and she hurt herself and Shirley had to operate and it was a she lost to toe, but it was there. You go, remember Mash back in the day, Mash the story about Vietnam and.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that because whenever reruns of MASH would come on our TV, we would see who could run to the TV first to turn it off or change the channel.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that show though still to this day the most watched. The ten most watched TV shows are like all NFL games and then like MASH is in there the.
Speaker 3: Final I still don't get it, and I still as an adult now I've seen reruns and I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I watched as a kid. My parents were into it, and I remember, in fact, one of the listeners sent me a Toledo mud Hens hat because hot it was. It wasn't hot gy. I forget which one of the characters, Jamie Farr's character, one of the characters, wore Toledo mud Hen's hat, and so I always thought that was a cool hat only because I saw it.
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: There canned laughter at the guy that was a cross dresser.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That was that creepy. Yeah, that show was creepy. It just had a creepy vibe to it, like a creepy Vietnam vibe to it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard to make a show about war and have like some comedy in it, you know what it was like. It's tough. Yeah, it's hard to well remember the what Hogan's Heroes was about concentration camp, right, or jail, a German jail or whatever, and they tried to make that into a comedy. So it's not It's not the easiest thing to do anyway. So yeah, it was mash So.
Speaker 3: Think it would be like if there was canned laughter during Dexter.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that was the era though, Danny. All the shows, right, they were like it was cookie cutter. Every show's gonna have a laugh track. You gotta have a laugh track, so people watching no when to laugh, because nobody knows when to laugh unless you you have to make it obvious because it's not really that funny. So you're gonna make sure you.
Speaker 3: Put a little some weird shows. No wonder our grandparents were so screwed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, twenty years from now, Cole will be like, I don't understand what my dad was watching. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I don't what is happen Love Island? What a bunch of degenerates?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, no culture back then. Ferg Dog and they're right, Ferg Dog in Fullerton writes and says, Hi, Captain Ben and Admiral G, sorry for not sending a question last week. I was busy having a great time on magic Johnson yacht with huge stars like Rodney Pete. Maybe next year you guys will get the invite too, he says. So in thirty or forty years, when both of you guys end up retiring, would you be okay with an AI version of you being your successor? I can already imagine AI Ben dishing out some real hot takes and AI Danny G Danny G really shining on Animal Thunderdome AI when AI Klay Travis does the show with Danny G. Uh, there, that's a great idea. Well, that is a way Thunderdome will get done. The AI version of Clay and you together guarantee the show gets done.
Speaker 3: You know what, what have I've been winning three and a half years now? I could have put together about ten episodes by now using AI Clay and me piecing his voice together myself to make the.
Speaker 1: AI yeah one hundred percent? Well what else? Let's say? Now? The AI thing is interesting because there is already the technology which is rather scary that they could already do this, Danny, if you sign off on it, and even if you don't sign off it and they can still do.
Speaker 3: I'm about the reporter chick that fooled a lot of people at Wimbledon. Did you see that? No?
Speaker 1: I did not see that. No.
Speaker 3: So there were all these sports fans across the world fawning over this lady who supposedly was a reporter at Wimbledon. She was not real. Pictures of her at Wimbledon were AI generated?
Speaker 1: Oh is that right?
Speaker 3: And yeah, it tricked a lot of people online. She somebody made a fake profile and she got all these followers and people she she made these websites with people like who's who's she? She's like, you know, the it girl from Wimbledon this year. Turns out she's not even real.
Speaker 1: Well, that's like the did see the Spotify story this week that they this hot indie rock band that's been killing it on Spotify and has more than a million listeners on Spotify and it's AI generated. Oh it's an indie rock AI generated band and it's red hot. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're not going down a good path with this right now. No, well, we we're definitely not. And that's why I've pushed back Danny. Everyone's like, I want AI and baseball. I want the umpires to be AI and all this shit.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, really, it is a slippery slope to go down, and you know, ya be careful, and it's like.
Speaker 3: You're yeah, but it's something that can take people's jobs. Beware, be careful with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for better or worse, I am, I guess an old head of boomer. I want humans as So it's like to answer Ferg, go back to his question, you know, thirty forty years from now, have AI replace Thiss? Like I always think these are great jobs. And when my time is done on this planet and I can't and I die or whatever, I want somebody else to have this great job and somebody else to live that life the next generation. And if you just keep the same people like I would have never gotten this opportunity. You would have never gotten this opportunity you have, Danny. If AI who was before us did these jobs, that would be it. So No, I want some other future people that aren't even born yet to have these kind of jobs. And if you put AI in here, then that never happens. And how does anything get done, if everything's done by AI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm not going to be the one doing Animal Thunderdome. It's going to be my son Coha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've already got a contract signed with iHeart.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that'll solve it.
Speaker 1: It's for call. Yeah, you're his legal guardian, so as the father. So random woman on social media rights and she does not want her name revealed. She says, my boyfriend is a huge fan of yours and has been waiting for the announcement ben on the Malor meet and greet event in Columbus. Have you decided yet? And then she gives some other information that will give her away, so I will not read that here. She does not want her to name used. So, first of all, you're a great girlfriend. I don't know you. But the fact that you're doing this on behalf of your boyfriend who's a fan of the show. I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's considered true love.
Speaker 1: That is true love. Now, because most of the time when dudes get hitched up with ladies, the women are like, all right, we're married.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You got to be a grown up. You can't listen to that stupid overnight radio show. You know, we got to cuddle and a spoon in bed. We can't have that stupid, ugly mallear on there.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, your voice is like repellent.
Speaker 1: I can't tell every one of these meeting me it's the one in Vancouver, the one we did in Vegas, the la ones we've done Minnesota. There's inevitably at least one or two women that will come up to me and yell at me. Now most of them are just kind of busting my balls about their husband listening to the show and how they've had to like deal with it, and they wear ear plugs. It's it's pretty funny. So I like tap joking exactly exactly. I admit it. I admit so the Ohio thing has been completely affed up. I humbly apologize to all of the people. I said it would happen in July. It's not gonna happen here in July. I am on standby. I continue to be on standby. So I've been waiting for something that was supposed to happen on July. By July first, there was a soft deadline for a decision to be made July first. We are now as we wake up this morning Danny's July thirteenth, No decision has been made. Literally everything is on old my entire summer plans. Now, remember we talked about this earlier, Danny. This weekend, like, I am going to try to take all of my time off July and August, so when football starts in September, I'm not going to miss any shows all my I'll be here over the holidays and all that stuff. Well, any travel plans that I was gonna make, I can't make other than the random day here or there where I have like a staycation because I'm waiting for this news, which will affect other things. So once I get that, I will be able to book something. And I need to get there. My man, Dick and Dayton unfortunately moved into he moved into an assisted living retirement home. Not that you know assisted living, but he's a retirement home. So I need to get there. I'm gonna make it happen. I'm thinking sometime in August, probably later August at this point, but I will let everyone know, and I will I will promote it, much like I will promote what Reggie asked about the merch, so you'll know you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Know this is starting to sound like your version of Animal Thunderdome.
Speaker 1: It is, and I feel terrible because I had in my head, Danny, I had everything mapped out. I was like, all right, this is gonna happen the best laid plans of mice, men and people waiting for other people to make decisions. And that's just the way it is. A couple more quick ones. What do we have, Shane? When Dallas says, hey, Benny and Danny, Ben, do you feel vindicated to see the story this week Amazon was caught hiking prices before Prime Day's discounts. That is from Shane. Shane, Well, first of all, thank you for listening, because I used to rant about this. Remember Danny, you were with me, I think when I used to rand about when they said like up to fifty percent off, they'd always These stores are notorious. It's one of the oldest tricks in business. You artificially inflate the price of an item and then you put a discount on it, and you say, well, you're getting seventy five percent off or whatever. I'll give you. I'll give you some inside skinny, so not to give too much away, but I don't want to get you in trouble. But a friend of this show, and someone by the way, Danny, who's I'm sure a big fan of your work as well, reached out to me and let me know that that Disney they have a store for Disney employees and friends of Disney employees, and at this store you can buy all of the merch that Disney has too much of at those stores at Disneyland, it's all fifty percent off. All of it is fifty percent off, right, and they're still making money. They're still making money. So how overpriced do you think those items at Disneyland are, Danny? Like, when you buy Cola, that little stuff Mickey Mouse doll right, you pay a full price for it. You could go to this other store if you worked at Disneyland, you pay half price for it. It's the same thing. And I may or may not have seen a little stuffed animal Mickey Mouse for ten dollars, so maybe it was more than fifty percent off, but it was like ten dollars for a little stuffed stuff Mickey. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are rich beyond their wildest dreams. And the price there at the park just keeps going up and up and up. I was trying to at the end of this month, It's Brenda's birthday and I wanted to take her there. Tickets for just an average day over two hundred dollars a person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just will Well. You know, maybe maybe our guy can can hook you up, Danny. I'll see what. Maybe he's listening and wants to reach out, and you can make that happen for you.
Speaker 3: Danny. We're at Disney family, and everybody in my family loves Disney, so we'll still pay the crazy prices. I mean when we can. Right now, we have no money to pay that price. But when we have the money, Ben, we'll give it to them.
Speaker 1: No, No, I hear you, I hear you. What else do we have here that is funny? Amazon got caught doing that though I'm not. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I loved your Disney story that I was jealous. I'm like, man, Ben has the hookup. No, I mean it was great. I mean you've met this guy. Yeah, and you've got Gardelli when you were there.
Speaker 1: Every time I go to Disney, I get the Geareddelly. I love the Gearadelly, Kevin and Kansas. Right, it says dear Ben and Danny g as I was mowing my twenty fifth yard for the week. It's a side hustle in retirement. I was wondering about how many jobs you have had at one time in your past? When I taught full time, I taught a night class, I wrote, as wrote for a newspaper, and I mowed, making that four jobs at one time. How many jobs have each of you had at one time? That is from Kevin. So usually at the high end, it was like three or four media jobs. I worked at Fox Sports Radio. I had a TV gig at NBC. This is probably twenty ten, twenty eleven, twenty twelve. Had a once a month I would go to Connecticut to do TV for NBC, and then I did the radio show on the weekends. And then I filled in at the local LA radio. So that was my three jobs. And then few years back I did WEI fill in and Fox Sports Radio and I had an what was my I had a third job too. It must not have been a good job, though, Danny, because I don't remember, so I don't And of course recently I've had the TV show, the radio show, and then this podcast. Danny, what about you? You're a hustle man. You were doing the teaching thing or helping out of the school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say as recent as twenty twenty one, twenty two, I was at two different schools, bouncing back and forth in the same school district between some of their schools. And then I was doing the podcast with you, and I was still doing some podcast stuff with Clay at the time, and also producing weekends at the network after Jonas and that show in the morning. When I left that show, obviously I had to fill in the gap waiting for Covino and Rich to go full time. And that took a year of Sunday nights with Covino and Rich. So that whole year, Big Ben, I was juggling like five jobs all at the same time. And that was a long year. I feel like I aged five years in that twelve month period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it was such cluttons for punishment because like, when I only have one job, I feel naked. Is that that's terrible? Right? You shouldn't like you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Well, they always say in La you have to have a couple of side hustles just to be able to know. Yeah, pay, Yeah, the cost of living here is insane. So if you only have one job. It's better be paying you, you know, four hundred thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you're right, You're right. All right, we'll get on on that. I will be back tonight in the Magic Radio Box to break it all down. Everything that didn't happen this weekend. I will make it up. I will make it seem like it happened, Danny. I will wax poetic. And we are one week away again from the Mallord Palooza, the greatest night in overnight sports radio for the summer. And we're excited about that. And Danny, any thing you want to share here back with Covino and Rich is Dan Patrick back? Is Cowhard back? These guys have been on vacation.
Speaker 3: Oh they're not. No, Yeah, Dan, remember we were saying you have to get rid of all your vacation days prior to the NFL season starting. Yes, So not only is Dan Patrick out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, but we're filling in for him those three days live from Atlanta inside the Capitol one MLB All Star Village.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'll be exciting. All right, So you're you're in Atlanta all week? Are you back Thursday?
Speaker 3: Or Thursday. The guys are taking off a couple of their own days once we're done in Atlanta, So yeah, we won't be on the radio until the following week after Wednesday's morning show. But yeah, it's going to be three days of me running around chasing MLB guests to get them on the stage, because I guess there's going to be like former players and some Hall of famers kind of walking around the fan fest, and so it's going to be my job to run around and wrangle the the MLB stars to be interviewed on the air.
Speaker 1: Well, good luck. Baseball players are notorious for not wanting to do interviews, so hopefully stards.
Speaker 3: Why is that.
Speaker 1: They've always been the a holes? They don't want to do interviews, like I get Basketball guys usually want to talk. Football guys are shocked anyone to talk to them because they wear helmets and nobody knows who they are, and they're like, they're open to talking. But baseball players have always been Hockey players are great. Baseball players most have been schmucks. Anyway, Enjoy Atlanta, Danny's some great restaurants down there, Enjoy the All Star festivies. I'm jealous that you get to go.
Speaker 3: To the in the in the cocoa butter.
Speaker 1: That's right. Enjoy Magic City and I'll be on the radio tonight and we'll talk to you, talk to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Then later Skater got a murder. I gotta go.