Speaker 1: What's up. It's cool John.
Speaker 2: Yo, it's Plow.
Speaker 1: Check us out on the Boot Left CAF podcast.
Speaker 3: Yet Yo Boulet cav podcast Special guests in here the earliest interview we've ever recorded, correct, probably totally probably, And it was all because of Plow, is it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll take the blame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pilo's here. So's Cool John. They have a new album out, movie Part two.
Speaker 2: The Equal, The Equal, seriously Equal.
Speaker 3: You know, it's been what like ten years since the first one, Hife twenty fifteen. Yeah, okay, so why was it time to come back together and reunite and make DJ Min's dick hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I just feel like I just feel like, uh though just the world needed that that that energy and uh I feel like that's what the games were missing, so like and you know, get me bring the vice backer and getting back with Cool John. Uh, it was just it was I mean, it's something that we've always wanted to do. I think it was just like, actually, you know who really put the battery in my back about it?
Speaker 3: Nick Knack. Wow shot to Nicknack.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was, I was a little because Nick Nak has a studio down the hall for me, and uh, he's in there, Like I'm just like going to say, like, oh right, broad like he's in there kind of like he's in there kind of drunk. He's just he's just when he's just in there talking hell, it ships.
Speaker 4: To me like, bro, you gotta get you gotta do, you gotta do cool John Poor two, Like he's like on my head, like yeah, and I really put a battery in my back.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had the name for it like a couple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we had the name with it, like we got to come back with the eal.
Speaker 1: It always been just like little little shit.
Speaker 5: He's been just saying that he and the air and stuff like that, but it was, but it was recently he was just like, let's do it, let's lock in.
Speaker 3: I feel like too, like like you said, it's something that's missing. I feel like the like you guys always have, Like like I feel like old school HBK was always about fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Always fun.
Speaker 3: I feel like since Peel has been taking himself a little more serious as an artists, he's not as much about fun.
Speaker 5: Oh we having hell of fun. He has fun, but it's like you know, we got to bring the vice back. Somebody got to do it. You know, the window open, we might.
Speaker 3: As well, you know what I'm saying. But through that thing, Yeah, and I thought it was dope to see. And then you guys have been like shooting some really dope content. How how well thought out? Was like which movies you guys were gonna? Uh? First of all, for people who are culturally deprived, the album cover is homage to Mario Brothers the movie Yes, Yeah, Yeah, the live action, the live action which nobody ever talks about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I think it really sucked like back in the days, but it's a classic when you grow up like this.
Speaker 3: It's like Belly, the post on the mall.
Speaker 6: Belly sucks, like the overall we got to shot back and like Belly was good, I'm gonna say, like this esthetically great, but esthetically great like it was cinetopic.
Speaker 5: The cinematography for sure, it's like excellent, the lighting, just everything, acting, the storyline, but the story dogs like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Like what the hell? I think everybody felt that way. No, I didn't feel that classic moments though it has classical for sure, But when I was a kid, I didn't feel that way. I was like DMX and nos in a movie. I was just like, I was like, amen, when you guys announced this album.
Speaker 2: Hard d that is peak.
Speaker 3: Yet peaked, dear bags, and then Nos, I want to go to Africa. Be right. It's a good, good movie. But yeah, Super Mario movie was.
Speaker 2: Questionable.
Speaker 3: It's still a classic. It's like it's like a cult classics, Like it's like a cultural time piece. Right, So you guys had like where are all the movies you guys have kind of, I guess done renditions of to promote the album. You guys did pulp fiction, right.
Speaker 2: Pulp fiction, back to the future, give me some but.
Speaker 3: Head nice, what's the what's the first one?
Speaker 1: Was? Just? The first one was?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Friday, Friday, Friday Friday?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 2: Breaking bad, breaking bad? Uh uh, Fast and Furious.
Speaker 3: We haven't left that one. But yeah, do you guys feel like there would ever be a possibility of like a like a real HBK reunion, like a real one, Like you guys are like a part of the HBK gang. So this is nice, you know, yeah for sure, but like in terms of like you know, just bringing like two around and you know, some of the other guys there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think I think that's all possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: We just we were just at our sexual stage, came out and with us and stuff like we still all work together and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So I'm pretty sure it's possible to happen. Yeah for sure. Like if if it makes sense, you guys were doing, like what the christ was the Christmas every year was a Halloween followe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like two shows at night. Yeah, so that she was liters here. We should have kept that going on, just.
Speaker 3: For sure, or you guys should do your own version of it the fucking you know, the night at the movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah maybe maybe maybe some popcorn you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You guys come out and perform.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, okay yeah Mart Yeah. I mean I mean like since like all this stuff's been going on and like the reaction that that all this stuff has been getting, like we've kind of been even just like thinking about like actually like putting like a movie together.
Speaker 1: To be tired.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, like like like a real movie or like like a mini movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a real movie.
Speaker 3: You guys should why not write a script? I feel like there should be like a Bay Area version of like just there's not like shout to Berner. He just put out what's the name of Berner's movie, fucking splash Splash City, I can say bip city City. So but I feel like that is like like there should be like a very ill like Bay Area comedy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel like you guys are super underrepresented, like and when it comes to like like culture, but you guys are the culture for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like like yeah, like I feel like that's I feel like it would be like you like the Barrier version of like Friday or you know what I'm talking about, like like like a buddy comedy.
Speaker 3: Buddy comedy, that's what it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What was that movie with Asap Rocky cap G was in it? Man, fucking movie was on Netflix. I talk about dope. Yeah, like a Bayery version of that would be hard that. Yeah, we definitely need that for the culture for sure.
Speaker 2: Like a predicted like you get put in a predicament and you guys just.
Speaker 3: Get put in a little predicted figure that shit out. Yeah, somebody, Oh, someone BIPs your car and they steal like a fucking family heirloom.
Speaker 2: Ah, there we go okay, okay, now we're cooking.
Speaker 3: Now you guys can go like straight Temu horror flick. You guys bip a car and you steal something that's cursed. Oh and no matter what, you can't. You try to throw it away because it's like some creepy ass ship. But then you wake up the morning it's in your living room and you're like, wait a minute, I threw this away and then it just like follows you and then like.
Speaker 2: Whoa, okay, we got some executive production, right producer right.
Speaker 1: Here, it would be good.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, we can go straight to straight to two be uh.
Speaker 3: So, hey, man, I haven't seen you in a long time. Well I saw you recently and the LA function, which you guys performed then. But uh, for people who don't know you were shocked what happened? Man? I mean obviously you're good, Thank god.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just basically just case, like somebody they just followed me and just try to rob me.
Speaker 3: Shot me six times? Six times is a serious. Was like the home invasion, So they went into your crib. That's got to be terrible.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah she was, and she was weak as fuck. I mean, but shit, it's just a learning lesson feel me. Luckily didn't cost me my life. But yeah, I got shot six times, two in his arm, on his own arm, my rib, my butt, and my right leg.
Speaker 3: And they were following you for Do you know how long they were following you? No? I don't even know. It's so crazy, like until someone like until something crazy because that's happened to me, where someone's following me and like jacked me. Now I'm like super on top of like thinking the ship I would never think of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes you sharper though, yeah, it makes you sharper for little PTSD. But but it's like at the same time, make you sharper.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's the type of way you should be moving. If you're have some type of name, you're popular, you have something something, if you carry some things of value, you should be watching every you know what I'm saying. You should keep your head on the swipers. You should be making sure nobody's following. You should be you know, very aware, you know what I'm saying, because when you're not, you have your guard down, so anything can happen at that point.
Speaker 1: You know, if you if you're wearing.
Speaker 5: Jewelry, if you're somebody, because we always gotta remember what's small to us might be big to the next person.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, I don't even give I don't give a fuck about nothing this shit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I can get that shit back tomorrow. But with somebody they're looking at you like, oh my god, Like.
Speaker 3: All I need is that All I need is that chain, All I need is that bag, that sack of weed or whatever, you know what I mean, or whatever the fuck they think they gonna get, and they willing to throw away.
Speaker 1: They life for that ship.
Speaker 3: You know, did they catch the guy? No, I don't know did like, like who was there to? Like, was somebody at your house to help you? So when I got shot, they ran through the house. I got shot on the porch and they ran through the house and they didn't really get nothing. So when they when they left the house, uh, they left and ran out because it was it was real quick whatever like that. They couldn't find it until they left and I got up off the porch, I had to go back in the house shot up, kicked down the door because it was just like laiding on the floor in the closet where they laid him down at whatever like that. They told me like come to the hunted, you know, don't get up whatever like that. Some I get back up, I'm stumbling in the house.
Speaker 5: I had to kick the door in his room, and I'm like, bro, I'm shot, calling nine one one.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm hit and.
Speaker 5: Trying to try to turn around stabilize myself. And then like when you feel like you when you dying, you you get tired, you lose. I lost a lot of blood, so I got shot in my artery, in my right arm. So when you when you when you when you dying, when you feel like you're dying, you get tired. I couldn't even I was like trying to walk back. I couldn't even walk. I just sat down on the couch. It was like shit, Like I was just more mad. But I think what kept me alive was me just being calm because I lost a lot of blood and I got shot in my artery, so I was just mad at anything, and I was just just holding myself up. And that's why I realized I got shot. I only thought I got shot in my hands, But when I realized, when I finally sat down and the adrenaline went down.
Speaker 3: I felt all the wounds on my ass, my legs.
Speaker 5: I pulled on my pants and see me hanging on my leg I'm leading from this bart, I'm looking at this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the hell.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what the oh hell, no, these niggas shot me six times. I'm like, fuck, because when you get shot, you don't really feel it. You don't feel you get shot immediately when it happened adrenaline. Yeah, right, So that's scary, dude.
Speaker 1: He called the police. They came so quick.
Speaker 5: I felt like right when I was in the pass out, the ambulance came right on time and everything and that shit.
Speaker 1: Usually don't happen.
Speaker 5: But I am glad that I got shot where I got shot at, because Highland has a trauma center, which is probably five minutes from where I'm at, so the best place to get If I got a shot in Richmond around from of something, probably would have died, Thank god.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Luckily, you know, the Highland was right there. I got took the hospital. Wo did the surgery go on? I woke up.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, I made it. Shit, man, that had to be scary. You you probably didn't know when, but by the time when the ambulance got there, you probably weren't even sure.
Speaker 1: I just know that I was still alive.
Speaker 5: After I got shot, I was like, I still got a chance to leave, Like you know, I'm like, I'm like, hold on, like I'm still like I ain't dead.
Speaker 3: Hold On, I got I got a chance, you feel me?
Speaker 5: So ship, I just kept fighting you feel men, ship made it can't really tell you know what I'm saying unless you you know, see my wounds. But it's just a learning lesson. Like it's really a learning lesson. You can't be moving out here freely thinking that anything can't happen to you. You know what I mean, It will and it can. So you gotta you gotta move smart, gotta move strategically.
Speaker 3: And how long do you think it took you to, like mentally heal from that? Because that ship had me fucked up, I'd have been like, man, fuck this, I moving nah ship. To be honest with you, I am, I had to put a bag on whoever's had that was. I didn't give a ship like I feel like it's my own mistake. Feel me.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you gotta you gotta write it off to that point. You gotta be on point.
Speaker 1: You know. It's part of the part of this is part of the world. It's part of life, you know what I'm saying. It's part of.
Speaker 5: You know, being involved, being accessible, you know what I mean. I gotta move smarter. I gotta you know, I gotta take the long way. I gotta watch my back. I gotta you know.
Speaker 3: And you're still living in the bay right, live in Bay. Why haven't you followed? M hmmm, because I just got too much motion in the Bay. Like it just you know what I'm saying, Like if you go and I was like, you know how they say like like John Coston, that's my boy too. Now I know he is happy birthday, that piece, happy birthday piece. But it's just like it's just like you know how people would never move. Move. I'm like, bro, move to l A. You love just being the guy in the bay though, John, don't you you fuck.
Speaker 5: It's hard to lead that, you know what I'm saying. And listen, I guess the motion on the studio here. I got studio at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Then I got my kids too, you knowing too much stuff? How many you have three? I got three girls?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to leave three kids, dad, Yeah, that's fair. Curse Kobe, Curse the players. Curse the players. Curse for sure. You also, like obviously have a lot of influence on like the fashion ship that was going on, Like I feel like your merchant ship was like super fucking popping. Like in general, like when we think of the bay, I think of like what you guys are doing. Obviously Pink Dolphin came out of the bay, right yeah, yeah, shouts to those guys, shouts to dope era, shouts to Cookies, Like, like, what do you think it is? You know, in twenty twenty four that is still preventing barrier music to like really really break out of the perceived ceiling that it has. I feel like, shit like people will be in commercials and national commercials and stuff like that, like a barrier move barrier music. It was he playing during the finals, doing these playing on these bigger platforms. I feel like it's just like your own tape. How do we get him to perform at a finals that doesn't involve the Warriors?
Speaker 2: I mean this is but I mean usually the words are there, you know, there got a nice run.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I feel like everything coming waves like every other city and stuff had their own ways. People got to just catch on, you know, they're gonna catch onto the frequency one time I'll take to somebody just to blow up with the sound.
Speaker 2: And you know, but I do think I think it always like necessary. It always starts with music, no matter, it starts with the music.
Speaker 3: So it's just like.
Speaker 2: I think if if you know there's people doing it, you know.
Speaker 3: For sure, no, no, there's people killing it. I just think like in terms of just like like the national recognition and the national you know, I think if a guy like like you and the Russell just dropped the project right, like, I feel like Russell has done a good job at least of like breaking the mold of like people like talk about what he's doing. Oh and he's from the Bay. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, shout out to the Wressell Man majorly independent out as well.
Speaker 3: And man has an Android and crocs on it all the time. Yes, yes, green bubbles every time.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I love that.
Speaker 5: I feel like I feel like everything just like how Detroit. They was quiet for a long time and all of a sudden they move. It's just a stampede of avalanche of just artists just coming out as far as you know. So it's like everything comes away, you know what I mean, all to take to somebody just to.
Speaker 3: Detroit and that they have a lot of synergy to sonically and a lot of the artists work together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's like it eventually catch on. You know, who's your guys his favorite Detroit rapper.
Speaker 3: Besides Eminem obviously, like I say, like Bayface Race and Peas.
Speaker 2: Doug that's my favorite.
Speaker 3: I fuck with Doug, that's my favorite. With cash Kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cash Kid too that he's doubles, Like he really got hell of bars, like he'd be rapping off bro like he on a different level, Like his sports bars are crazy. It's crazy, Like I'm I would listen to him like Wow, this is like something. Baby Tryn's are too ship Baby Trying. I think Baby Trying washed him and m on that song Big Shie Trying, Baby Trying.
Speaker 1: They've been trying to.
Speaker 3: By trying to go Crazy. We're trying for show Lady, for Show you Go Crazy. So now that this album is out, what are you are you guys going to each individually focus on? I mean, you have two projects out right, now Yeah, solo, new solo.
Speaker 2: New soloff, new cools on we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got one trapping this month too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know we were about to go in you feel me, and just yeah, keep feeding the streets.
Speaker 1: Man, keep going in for me. There All Stars next.
Speaker 2: Year and yeah, the All Star weekends in the banks.
Speaker 1: Trying to keep the ship lift. So when people come to.
Speaker 3: My All Star games in the Bay, yeah this year, this year coming.
Speaker 2: Up, Yeah, coming up NBA season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be I'm not going that I ever thought that was a good idea.
Speaker 2: I mean that, I mean, bro, I mean the Chase Center is beautiful.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people getting chased in the streets.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be ugly. It's gonna be they gonna are going to be God.
Speaker 3: The biers are up. And even when a rock came to the Bay and they broke it tos like like like yeah yeah he got I think he was like calling a Giants game or something and they bipped him tast I think escalated to caress ship. Yeah, like you guys know obviously we're not gonna did you guys know any actual bippers? Yeah, I do, Like they got tools and ship, like, yeah, they know what cars they're looking for.
Speaker 5: Yep, Like you got ones that's like professionally you got one. That's like, you know, like just doing anything, you know.
Speaker 3: So everything it's bipped and like taking to the mission to get slung.
Speaker 5: Nah, I'm pretty sure it's like a black market somewhere. How they just bip take it. If it's laptop, they got laptops for sale, their purses money. They follow people from the bank, Like they'll follow you from the bank, so you get an envelope follow.
Speaker 3: You off to me having to me in lap your card. We might go in the store. Literally in La was like damn. I'm like, I don't catch on to that. But that's the type of stuff I've been saying. You gotta really watch and see and be own ship because Molluck is bold nowadays. Do you think San Francisco as a city, at least in Oakland? Do you think you guys could benefit each of Obviously you guys are neither of you guys aren't from those two specific specific cities. But I feel like the Bay Area could use a Republican for four years. Oh god, man, I don't even know nothing about politics, just the pendulum the other way real quick. Yeah, like everybody you can rock you. Hey, everybody's got guns.
Speaker 5: Like to be honest with you, Like in California, it's meant to lose. Like, have you guys ever heard a ship like that?
Speaker 3: Ever hung out with Gavin Newsom? Like you know, I saw him in uh Marchoral. They have a fucking podcast that's the most pandering shit I've ever seen. But yeah, No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Hang out with Gavin this, but I know he's probably gonna run for president. Huh.
Speaker 3: I mean Kamala is no.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I'm saying one day, no, no, at at some point, I think.
Speaker 3: He'd like to, but I'm not sure it's in the cards for him. Like, I don't think right now for sure. I think I think. I think, I think I'm curious. Well, you know what, Kamala cannot pick him as a VP because they're both from the same state. Yeah, but yeah, I don't know, man, Maybe I think he'd like that. Yeah, I think, I think. I think that's why I think you're gonna see California all of a sudden, he's gonna start like, yo, he just passed that. Uh, clean it up. He's gonna start looking not so crazy. He's gonna clean this ship up because he wants to be the president, because he's the power of hungry psychopath. I feel I feel like you guys ever watched that movie uh Hostile, like where millionaires go to Europe and they murder of tourists and like, mm hmmm, I feel like Gavin Newsom does that in the summer for sure. Like he's the kind of guy that like to just pay like three four five million dollars to just pick apart a fucking homeless guy.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's like, I love the homeless, less people, more people, more people to take this.
Speaker 2: This is insane. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I shot the gap and I voted for you hunt. Why yeah, what the hell?
Speaker 2: It's kind of early.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: What's the last time you show? You guys talked to him too, talked to him yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I talked talk to all the time. Yeah, you know, just checking in here and there, like he came to our release party and you know, just love nice.
Speaker 5: We still talk to everybody still, everybody just you know, everybody individually just be busy with their own lives.
Speaker 3: What is it about the Bay Area where the best groups break up.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's not even a breakup, it's more just like everybody just you know, you don't have all the time in the world just to be sitting in the studio in.
Speaker 3: My breakup, it felt like a breakup, just so you know, it felt like it just felt like it. But I feel like a breakup just I don't know, it just felt like a breakup.
Speaker 5: Like what makes it feel like a break I just feel like all of a sudden, like h h K, wasn't getting banged like that. You feel me okay, But I feel like, okay, you know, s O B RBA done. You see, like that's like more of a breakup, like that was a work series or they all have beef to it, you know.
Speaker 3: And I feel like how we were started off, it wasn't just started off like it was a collective.
Speaker 5: It was a collective. You guys were like exactly guys. You guys were exactly exactly. So it's not like we started off. It's just like everybody's on all the songs at one time, you know, all their own solo mixtapes and all the stuff, and we only came out with it more like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that come together every once in a while performing a halftime show at the Knicks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically we all still make music together though as I do just grabbing them on there.
Speaker 1: You know, still work with everybody. I don't feel like a break up.
Speaker 5: I just feel like, you know, as you get older and real life start happening, you know, just people just grow up apart. You just don't have all the time just to be in the studio altogether six people, nine, eight people in the studio all day. At that time, we was broken hash it use to do. Now we got money and we got our lives, and it's certain goals we want to achieve in life individually. You know we're gonna go for that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So when did you realize Pelo was really really good at making beats?
Speaker 5: Pelo being doing that ship plot like people been making hits is like high school? Like high school. Yeah, like it was like destined.
Speaker 3: Were you making hits before you got pussy? No?
Speaker 2: No, of course I was. You you know, I will I will say cool John as far as like, uh like Pilo the artist cool Jo almost cool almost one of the first damn there, I think, don't put like he put like a Pilo song on on like his on his compilation, and it wasn't even a rap song. Was like a Pilo like R and B song. That was the first time I ever got R and B, I ever got played on the radio. Was like a Pilo R and B song, R and P. Shout out to Big Vine as well, I love that.
Speaker 3: What was that project? We had the rat tail as a baby. We're going yeah, change toit, Yeah, going the workship.
Speaker 5: So I already knew Pelo was like dope and ship like that, and ship I was at that time. I was just I was just trying to just really just push my friends music and like that cause I had a little platform. I was throwing these parties. A lot of stuff was just catching on from these parties and stuff like that. So I was just really trying to push my French music. And then that's how I just got into it. But always from day one, like Pelo was just like it was always just a connection far as musically and as far as just talent.
Speaker 3: I just felt like he was Lero like you feel me.
Speaker 5: I was like we could do so we could make out of shape but also believe in them too, like you feel me, I'm like I was more like an A and R type of behind the scenes type person stuff. I just end up being thrown into the music because it's just like my friends doing it, they become successful.
Speaker 1: Why not, right you feel me?
Speaker 2: I will say, like, uh, like behind was just like the whole HBK movement, Like I feel.
Speaker 3: Like John.
Speaker 2: Was really like yeah, yeah, yeah, like as far as just like the vision and the like the lifestyle and the culture behind Yeah, like HBK, like John had played a big part. Like I feel like me and Sue like were the like the musical part about it. But I feel like John really like allowed the lifestyle like he he he he likes as far as like him even throwing the parties and like even allowing that for the music to like live somewhere. I feel like he was always had the vision for that, even like what the like, Uh, there was like a term called New Bay, and I feel like I remember that John was like the you know, pushing headline.
Speaker 1: I was even intern.
Speaker 3: I like I like New Bay a lot more than Young California. It's like.
Speaker 5: I feel like it feel like it's coming away. It's always a new wave of new artists coming, you know what I mean for sure?
Speaker 3: So, like, what was like in the New Bay. I mean, would you say that era of like people were kind of like associating with that term.
Speaker 5: It was like, uh, damn, I can't even remember all those people.
Speaker 1: Like it was. It was.
Speaker 5: It was a wave of us, but it's like I can't remember them because a lot of them don't even do music nowhere, Like a lot of them really don't. Like I can't even to manage you. I can't even remember too much. But it was it was a lot of It was a lot of us at the time. John Hart for the Bay. Yeah, it was. It was all of us around that wave.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of us. But I can't manage I can't even remember, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: It was definitely a good time and stuff like that. And then that's when thisler was first coming out and the shots. I used to intern for them, and my intern for Cameo too, to try to push our music in there and all this stuff. But by the time I got the job and I was working, we already blew up in the Bay.
Speaker 3: You were like you were like the intern at the radio station.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they was tripped off at Cameo. I finally got the internship. But by the time I got it and I was in there, they was playing like swaggen I was one of our first songs they was playing on the radio, and I was like, ship, this is what I was gonna do. I was only gonna get the internship to infiltrate you feel me, And it was already and.
Speaker 1: But it then already caught on.
Speaker 3: How long did you intern? I interned for like probably two months.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 5: So by the process, No, I didn't get to that point. I didn't get to that point. I was just more in office work and stuff like that, coming up there and just doing whatever they needed me to do, meeting all the meeting everybody that work here, their employees, and then do a small ship to run office. This a little ship they want us to do, setting up stuff, planning for other stuff, set up a tent.
Speaker 3: I think I was. I think I did one event. I think I can't remember.
Speaker 5: I think I did one event, but it was already popping by that time, Like I'm I'm seting up the stuff they playing on the music We're finna do summer jam in a couple of months. So it's like ship, I quick, you're Finna girl crazy, So.
Speaker 3: You should have kept infiltrating, man, I should have kept infiltrating so some Disney tickets, man. Actually, because I was just like I wanted to be a radio personality at the one time. I was like, I feel like, because if I got that power, I could put my friends on all type of shit. Would you do a podcast?
Speaker 5: I would, but I would want to do something more like a like a rha City in the Basement.
Speaker 3: Type ship, like that's a television.
Speaker 5: Show, but it would be like if it was a podcast, it'd be that setup like that, like we're in the basement and talking and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But then I feel like I feel like all the barrier platforms are really dope, like shots a little blood and Dizneler we talked about and what's the guy who's name does the history of the Bay with? Yeah, Dregg's ones.
Speaker 5: But I feel like y'all need more platforms, you know what. I feel like, That's what I was about to say.
Speaker 3: That's the key.
Speaker 5: I feel like we're missing media out there. I feel like that's why the Bay Area I feel like it's slept on because we don't have too many platforms projecting all this little or the culture and stuff. Yeah, but that's not like you know, yeah shout.
Speaker 1: Out to little Blood. I fuck a little Blood.
Speaker 5: All this stuff I'm talking about like bigger platforms, Like how this shit can get around you get you for me?
Speaker 3: Like there's not a complex media.
Speaker 5: Not a complex media. It's not like I know, Gazi was a shade room or something like that. I say, like that's not it, but like it's whatever, like those type of platforms where they can post on it and it can circle around the whole entire United States or whoever can see it at one time. You know, I feel like they kind of they're missing the bear culture because you know, I.
Speaker 3: Think what sucks about unfortunately is like they're just the artist's access isn't the same as it used to be up there, you know, like people like usually when they come to the Bay, they go to do something and then they leave. They're not like going out there to hang out.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying, or not that they can get an interview and do all this stuff hang out, you know, all this type of an.
Speaker 3: Artist that came out anymore because motherfuckers just so in and out, like Yep, it's just like a different time. But at the end of the day, like if you guys give artists a reason to like stick around, you know, and so that'll come with the music, the hits and stuff like that, and or you guys feeling comfortable to LA and you guys could do a podcast together in l A for all the artists.
Speaker 5: I feel like, I feel like podcasts. Everybody got a podcast, yeah, but you don't have one, Yeah, but everybody else I want to do. But I want to do like everybody.
Speaker 3: Everybody's a fucking rapper and you just put a fucking album out.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yea, you gotta play.
Speaker 3: Who cares? You're stacking yourself out? Cool John, Cool.
Speaker 5: Cast buddy, You're right, man, I gotta stop sleeping on myself.
Speaker 3: I want to be a radio personality. You could be a podcast. You guys can have all kinds of legendary conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like I am.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's what we need.
Speaker 5: We need more media and the bar showing.
Speaker 3: Like media that like helps with the bay exactly what I'm saying, that projecting the culture, that'sily playing the culture and all the stuff like that. That's going on out there, because it's like it's hell of ship going on, it's hell of money being circulated. It's just like no one's really covering it, you know. I mean I try my best, dude to get as many areas the show as possible.
Speaker 1: Now you do.
Speaker 5: I just seen, I see you just have my god brother Copolo on here. That's my god brother. I'm like literal godbrother brother, that's my little god brother.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like just like you know, like even like the ship going on the Sacramento like I have, I've had dB on a couple of times, and Delo is about to pull up.
Speaker 5: I think we definitely need you for sure, fire for sure. Because his thistler versus gas shout out, my brother, it looks.
Speaker 3: Like getting in shape. Yeah, come on, it's like you're on that keto like me.
Speaker 2: You've been on keto.
Speaker 3: Like down thirty pounds, dog, That's what I'm talking about. You gotta get you're getting a little fucking yeah. Are you getting Are you working out? Is that muscle or is that that's muscle?
Speaker 1: You live?
Speaker 3: Waints? You go to the gym?
Speaker 2: Get down?
Speaker 3: Do you go to the gym? Yeah, dude, have you ever been stopped at the gym, like, are you peelow? Yeah?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's gym selfie? Ever? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, get a little gym selfie?
Speaker 3: Sometimes that would be weird.
Speaker 5: You have you have a little rappers coming up to you in the gym. Sh I built my own gym in my.
Speaker 3: No, but I have the La Fitness in North Hollywood and the whole West Jesus Christ, the one you go to. Every time I'm in there, someone stops me.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 3: I love the podcast The Yo. How do I get my my brother on? Do I get my friend on her? I'm a rapper, I'm like, buddy, I'm sweating.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you enjoy it or do you hate it? More than anything?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like, wow, I feel like I accomplished something my people at the end of the day. At the end of the day, Like an artist. I can't blame anybody for coming up to me. They don't know better. Like, it's probably not the best approach to be like, hey, I'm a rapper, let me dm you a you know, I just think I just I mean this, It's not a bad thing. It just comes with the territory I've been, you know, I've been on the radio since I was fucking eighteen, So motherfucker's been trying to send me music forever, and and they for some times, I just go on my dms and I actually like every I would say once every like two or three months, I'll just be like, you'll just get what's in here? You know, Oh, this shit's dope, you know, And then that's That's happened a few times where I've like found someone in my d MS and like I was like, Yo, come freestyle. Was that's happened like two or three times. That's yeah, people don't hit they they don't blow you up to sign them. Pilo, Yo, you gotta sign me bro on Filipino.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I get that all the time. Yeah, you know, I think but I definitely definitely find like a lot of like cool people though. Yeah, there's there's a couple there's a couple of kids that like that have like just like constantly DM me, and uh, just like I end up working with them, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good at work. It can work. I guess it's your approach too, you know, people like, hey, brouh, how much to come freestyle? Yeah, Like it's like thirteen links.
Speaker 5: I'm like, bro, I feel like what works is you put in yourself. How you can show how you valuable to a person's situation, how you can add to have some value or add be an asset to them more than anything, instead of just telling people to do like how can I help you?
Speaker 1: What do you need with?
Speaker 3: How can I you know what I'm saying, I can help you and hit you with question marks Like three days later, I'd be like, oh god. I'm like dog, oh god.
Speaker 5: Because most people, most people they just you know, they trying to you know, they hungry and stuff like that. But I always tell them like this, this is approach somebody else, telling them how you can help them, and I'm pretty sure they're most likely they can instead of what you can do for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna understand, like at the end of the day, like if you are doing what you're supposed to do, like it probably should somehow come across my peripherals. And if you're gonna approach somebody through d MS, you probably should have a little something shaken, you know what I'm saying. It's not like you just go from like seventy eight followers to coming on my ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to have. You want to have some most you want to be able to Yeah, you want to get Yeah, yeah exactly, but you want to be you want to add something to what's going on.
Speaker 3: Are you still doing a lot of outside production for people.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, I'm I'm actually just like because you were kind of phoning back a little. Yeah, Like it's something that I'm really just liking now that I'm like working on, well like really getting back into and just like focusing on artists that that I like that I like funk with and people like the surrounding who you've been working with, I mean working by the work on John's new ship, Offset, Jim Lazy, Michael Snead, Yeah, a lot of cool stuff, a lot of dope stuff come from the Bay too.
Speaker 3: What was it like doing the project with the Russell?
Speaker 2: Oh, amazing man Dudel Russell's uh, his his spirit is amazing.
Speaker 3: You've been to his house obviously, Yeah, yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: We did his bedroom.
Speaker 3: No I was in there.
Speaker 2: Really, I haven't been in his.
Speaker 3: Bedroom where the studios that you were in there?
Speaker 2: No, No, with the whiteboard, No, No, I haven't been there.
Speaker 3: I haven't got signed.
Speaker 2: I wasn't We went to the pregular So then yeah, but I haven't been in this room though.
Speaker 3: Wow, you didn't go to this room. I thought you guys your friends.
Speaker 2: We are friends.
Speaker 3: But he didn't take you to his room. No.
Speaker 2: I mean it was just like it was like it was a lot of mayhem.
Speaker 1: It was like it was it was.
Speaker 2: A pregular day.
Speaker 3: So oh you went on Purgolar Day. Yeah, yeah, Purgolar Day is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's amazing. It's amazing, like I got the whole yes.
Speaker 3: And then it was his dad cooking that day.
Speaker 2: I don't know if his dad was cooking. They definitely had like a barbecue truck.
Speaker 5: That ship was crazy. That's like some Sunday service type ship. Yes, respected definitely.
Speaker 3: He's like son baby there and like who else was just there? Somebody else was just there? Somebody big. I was like, oh ship, but yeah, shout out to uh to l Russell. Uh was it who took the lead like in terms of like the beat to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like it was it was all like I produced the whole thing. So like, but it was something that we've always talked about, like even way back, like even when he did the like the verse for again, I was just something like, Hey, what's telling me like produce like a tape for you? And it's just like you just like we're like yeah, like we're gonna work on it.
Speaker 3: I'd got to hear you do a whole fucking Larry June album.
Speaker 2: Bro man, come on, I was just with Larry last night. But yeah, man, I would love I would love to do that as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and Larry June like for like ten songs to be crazy.
Speaker 2: No, I would love that.
Speaker 3: I would love that because I feel like like like your guys' record together is like the closest thing he's ever had to like a a commercial hit. I guess h like that, Like you know, could that got played on the radio? Like that's It's kind of like I love when he works with Alchemists and you know who's the fucking other pretty Serre. He always works with it. I always used to Cardo. I was gonna say Cardi Pets. I was like, I know, it's not Cardi Pets Cardo who used to work with Wiz and Ship, but uh, I love that Ship. But I also I'm like dog Ship, like this feels so popping, Like he fucking needs like a crossover record.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Man, Man, Man, Man, Larry, come on, let's let's get it done.
Speaker 3: Uh are you still uh sending the packs out these days?
Speaker 2: Not necessarily to be honest, Like I like like actually like going like getting in and like hanging out and catching the vibe. Like I feel like, to me, that's how like the best music's made, you know what I'm saying, And really just like going in there and like saying, what the fuck's going on with their day? You know, and just like you never know what something just just from like us being in the studio, like just talking, having a conversations, kicking the ship. We could make a song that could change our lives. Yeah, So like I like that part of it and just like going from zero to to the end product Like that's that's that's what kind of like keeps me going in it. Like, yeah, I could just like be sending out a bunch of beats, but like, I don't know, it's not really my pot.
Speaker 3: Who if you had to exclude anyone from the HBK Gang? Who is the Bay Area Mount Rushmore? Cool? John? Damn you said exclude people from Yeah, I gotta throw somebody from you can't do that, sir.
Speaker 1: That's not the rules.
Speaker 3: That's my game. You can't say I am too, I'm sorry. I can't say people. You can't say saves the Gemini, can't say kay, Lonnie, can't say yourself. I'd be really vain of you to do it.
Speaker 5: Do I have to say forty and two short? Because I feel like that's already okay?
Speaker 3: Take back dre e forty and too short out too okay? All right, you get a rule. I get a rule. Now, who's your mount rushing up?
Speaker 5: That's already given. I take up like three spots. So with Mount Westmore is like four or five four. Welcome to history class.
Speaker 2: I gotta say mass, gotta says, gotta say mess.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, mister fab try to mister fab for sure.
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 5: Jack for sure Jack? And then uh, I'm trying to think one more? Who else the legend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I gotta say, I guess keep keep the sneak. Not a bad four. I like it.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, I feel like it's my full right there.
Speaker 5: If if I got to exclude including everybody.
Speaker 1: Else ship, but yeah, that's what I put.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad four.
Speaker 5: Those four I say either I say, all right, so I say either Keeck or Stalin Keicker Stalin like one of those for sure, j Stalin, Keiker Stalin whatever but not Yeah m.
Speaker 3: Hm mc hammer got shipped on right now, damn Hammer.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: But it's like it's like, please Hammer, don't hurt him. It's they already got they known goats like you know what I'm saying. It's like it's like a giving like ham I did. But he was He's definitely a legend. But it's like I didn't really listen to him like that, you know what I'm saying. So, I mean, it is your list, but for sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: Listen, Yeah, I mean I'll probably have to say mess Jack. Is it just like rappers are just like very like rappers. Rappers?
Speaker 3: Okay, she should be like I like her a lot.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna yeah, I mean that's what I'm saying. Klans rapper Kaylanie damn uh Jack kicking his list? No, I mean no, I mean made it hard for.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of parameters.
Speaker 5: They have a lot of rule specially like when Max J two trade and Mac that take Guardie up.
Speaker 1: But that's tough.
Speaker 2: I ain't gona one of my one of my goats is definitely Clyde Carson.
Speaker 3: Cly Carson is fire, definitely one of my goats, very slept on, very slept on, slow down.
Speaker 2: Come on, definitely, you know, Clyde is definitely one of my guts.
Speaker 3: Clike Carson somewhere Mine of the Bay. Excluding all these names, it's a lot different, I'll tell you that. Probably hieroglyphics. Uh. I can't say too short right, Nope, can't say e fortype. I can't say make Dre either, I wouldn't really.
Speaker 5: Wow wow, Sorry guys, we need an explanation about that one, right there.
Speaker 3: Come on, ma Dre on a more listen. I got love for mac Dre, but I feel like I didn't grow up the same way y'all. Did you know what I'm saying? Like like the mac Dre shit didn't hit where I'm from, like that we would see it and like obviously, like you know, there's a couple of records of his that go crazy in the fucking club that we all know. But I never like press play on a mac Dre album in my life, like where I listen to like every two short album that's ever existed up until like I was like fucking sixteen front to back. You know what I mean, I would say mine would be the Yuh yeah, I love Hiro. I did enjoy Andre Nicotina back in the day. I would know. I'm gonna say Bernard dog Burnzel.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Brenzil.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm putting burn on mine. I'm putting burn on mine. I'm I feel like Bernard don't get it and mentioned in these conversations enough.
Speaker 5: I'm putting burn on mine. Yeah, burn burn burn on mine for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I I go, I gotta, I gotta put putting burn on mine. I gotta put I feel like uh as far as like, I feel like g gotta.
Speaker 3: Be up there as well. I was gonna say, g Yeah, I feel like you gotta be up there. I'm gonna put g Z in mine too.
Speaker 2: I gotta, I gotta put you in.
Speaker 1: That's my brother.
Speaker 3: And I feel like he's done a lot. You know, he's invaded it to the universe.
Speaker 2: He's changed a lot of people's lives. Change help change my life, you know.
Speaker 3: Everybody on tour.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Gez.
Speaker 1: That's what we need, a five like we need.
Speaker 3: I feel like g G is like the most, Like he's commercially like success, so successful, and like the whole time he did it like you made sure everybody knew where he was from.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Now, if you would have said a new wave rushmore, Gez definitely on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gee's G's one of them ones. And I feel like, you know, he kind of gets lost in the sauce when we start talking about that because I have pop records, you know, like pop you do records with Britty Spears and ship Dog grinding up on Britain and and and taking down Halsey, you know what I mean, Shout out to him. Bro. By the way, I'm not sure there's another rapper with a more legendary I fuck these Women list in America then young Gerald Gerald, I fucked these women list is fucking crazy. There's a few French's got a good I fucked these Women List, you know what I mean? But no, Gez definitely a legend, Yeah for sure. Yeah, yeah, we gotta give them some flowers. All right, So the album's out now, everyone should go support it. Is there merch or anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well we we gotta uh we gotta cookies collapse.
Speaker 3: Oh nice? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So yeah then we got our own merch too. We got almost movie merch.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that, cookies collab, I like it, Come on, man, yeah, anything else. I mean, you got the Luresselo album. Your ship's on the way next month, you said this month in August, and then your solo ship's being worked on. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got some other stuff in the works, uh before that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, nice, Yeah you got you always got the best merch. I got a peelow clock in my house. Doesn't work, but it's on the wall.
Speaker 2: Does the work man?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: I don't even bro. I got a fucking phone. Who cares that? I didn't even put batteries in. I was like, oh it's okay, it's that one where your arms are. Yeah, anyway, they again, still never got a new era Pilow hat from Pilo. I always got. He always gives me the cheap little bullshit snapback for fucking god.
Speaker 2: You know, there's you know, there's there, there's Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all good. Get I ain't worth the fifty nine to fifty anyway.
Speaker 2: But also yeah, I still and also i'll adjust this on air.
Speaker 3: Yeah I still owe you a dinner. Yeah, of course you do. Yeah. Anyway, I'll take some Chinese food.
Speaker 2: Okay, good. Oh some Rachel.
Speaker 3: Went over your head. It went over your head, Rachel under it went over your head anyway, on the San Diego stop of the tour. Oh yes, yeah, anyway, let's end the interview.