Speaker 1: The next same is Get at Me and BD, where we answer questions from the fans, and since March Madness has started, we'll answer a few questions about college basketball.
Speaker 2: Why for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Who are the top prospects to watch during March Madness? If you both can give your top three.
Speaker 1: I'll start, obviously Cooper Flag, but Cooper Flag is who he is.
Speaker 2: I think an interesting to watch is Jace Richards.
Speaker 1: Jason has climbed up the charts of the draft boards, and I think he's continuing to excel. I think a lot of people early on in the season like, oh man, he's a shot maker.
Speaker 2: He can make shots, but can he handle the ball? So what the isoe do here?
Speaker 1: Jason handled the ball more, go make plays more, and he's checked that box, and so I think that'll be a fun one to watch.
Speaker 2: So I'm going Cooper Flag, I'm going Jase rich saying, and I think.
Speaker 1: Johnny Broom, he's a fifth year senior at Auburn. I think he's an interesting watch. He's dominated college basketball this year and I think, you know now, he's going to.
Speaker 2: Keep playing at this level.
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of scouts going to want to see how he performed in this tournament. Uh. You know, seniors get a knock in the draft, although we've changed that a bit. Shout out to myself and the other seniors that's come in this league and created calls, have it and changed in that narrative a little bit. So I think Johnny Broom are the top three that I'm watching. Cooper Flag, Jas Richard and Johnny Broom. You took my Jace Richardson right there, that's my baby right there. Many that's nephew. Yes, yes, sir out here, you and Jay probably was on the same team when he was born.
Speaker 2: Huh. Let's see he was a yeah, ago, we are seven, that's we believe. Yep, yep, that's what. Yeah. No, I'm telling you. That was my little dude. After that.
Speaker 3: You know, I had no kids at the time, so like I used to always hang with with with Jay rich I called Jay rich the Don. I just hang with the Don and the baby dons. That fire the shout out to, uh, Jase. My other guy is Eric Daley Jr.
Speaker 2: Fire from u c l A.
Speaker 3: Talking about a dog, Uh, talking about somebody is skilled. I feel if coach just let him go right, if the coach just let him go and like, let him just beat a focal point on the offense.
Speaker 2: I think U c l A Is gonna be good.
Speaker 3: He's built for the NBA, and as we've seen, U c l A makes great, great, great professional athletes.
Speaker 2: Even that, I like this guy, Mark Sears. Oh yeah, Alabama, Yeah, I want to see what he do. He's explosive.
Speaker 3: First of all, he's their motor right, and you know, I just I just like I like how you get down. He's smooth, he efficient, he can score the rock. I want to see what he do. I want to see what Alabama does because this is the first time I think that the Alabama basketball is ranked higher than Alabama football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the first time in a long time. That's a fact. I like that list. I like that list at TNB seven seven seven.
Speaker 1: What is the biggest problem with the current system in college basketball?
Speaker 2: I think number one Rance.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's talking about all the transfer portal and the nil and all of that stuff, and that's fine, but I think the way the game is officiated in college basketball makes it boring.
Speaker 2: You can't plays, you can't guard the post.
Speaker 1: The rules of college basketball need to get closer to the rules of the NBA, because I think some of the rules of college basketball creates a disservice for guys coming into the NBA.
Speaker 2: And so that's what I think is most wrong with the system is.
Speaker 1: The way the referees referee the game, the way they call the game, the way you have to guard.
Speaker 2: I think it sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's it is it's officiating because the games are just drawn out. And then I also think a lot of it is I'm not mad at the transfer portal right because I'm still filling out a bracket. It's still U c l A Online. I still love my Bruins, and I'm still watching young talent go places and flourish. Now some of these coaches need to go sit their ass down because they don't know what they're doing and they recruiting the wrong guys and not really building up programs. When you think of somebody like Cali Perry when he was doing one and dones, he was still building up the program for guys to come in and be one and done. Now everybody is looking at how can we get guys to come in for one year and do something at my school? Turn my school around and it's just not the same. It's not the same pedigree, right, It's just like a meat market for you know, kids being here one day leaving the next day. You know, like there's no adversity or loyalty. And so now you're gonna get a lot of these young kids coming out of high school that are talented, that need to grow and develop.
Speaker 2: It's going to take them two or three years to find the right place.
Speaker 3: A lot of it is, you know, coaching and building up a program, and you know, not every coach to be going after one and does right.
Speaker 2: The more coaches even for a lot of these.
Speaker 3: Like the men majors are killing right now, and the bigger universities are struggling because they just keep playing with the NIL stuff instead of like a Michigan State, stick to the system, build a program for sure.
Speaker 2: Missions is definitely doing that. Always NIL is not affecting y'all.
Speaker 3: Right, Like ISO is going to take chances on kids that fit his program, you know. And now there's an untitled wave of kids coming in with parents and managers sometimes telling these coaches what they are and are not going to do, and then when they get there, they don't see success they.
Speaker 1: Out the middle of the year. Yep, yep, No, that's a fact. And like you said, you just don't learn how to grow through adversity. I think another thing is I think somebod these smaller schools, the whole system need to be reworked.
Speaker 2: Some of these smaller schools.
Speaker 1: Like in professional soccer, you know how you can out a player, or you can sell a player and not sell the player because that sounds bad, but.
Speaker 2: You receive a fee if some player.
Speaker 1: I think some of these smaller schools that are getting these guys into these positions to then go to bigger schools and make nil money, they should receive a feed from these bigger schools as well. And that's how you can still kind of keep the playing field somewhat level, get some money into some of these smaller schools pockets that don't have the resources to have in IL. I think that's the way we reward them for their recruiting. They recruit good talent, they build up their development, they develop good talent, and then that talent goes somewhere else to a bigger school for more in IL money. That school should have to pay that school some money. I think that needs to go into effect. And then also lastly stop acknowledging this amateur basketball. It is no longer amateur basketball. This is no longer amateur sports. This say is professional sports and they need to address it life as such.
Speaker 3: David gt G eight, how do you guys see the future of the.
Speaker 2: NBA being even more international?
Speaker 3: Or are the college seeds that are going Are these college seeds that are coming in and going.
Speaker 2: To take over? Look, the game is getting better, the game is evolving.
Speaker 3: Like, man, we just talked about k Cunningham, right, we just talked about Austin Reeves.
Speaker 2: Right, Cooper Flag is up next.
Speaker 3: You got the kid AJ going to Utah, Right, you got Jason of Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You are always going to get a new wave of personalities and talent in the league. Obviously the league is very international now, I think you will find more international games activities, maybe even a tournament, maybe even the Commissioner's Cup may wind up Internet national. But I definitely see the future of the league, you know, expanding into more of a global games, right, Like there could potentially be a global NBA games at one point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think at some point you see a team in London. I think at some point, you know, you start to see that as well, so the game will definitely continue.
Speaker 2: It's happening.
Speaker 1: Mexico City, say these things, Mexico City, I'm with that.
Speaker 2: London, these things are happening. I'm telling you, it's happening. Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: For a New York team to fly to London is no different than flying in la you know, and so what what what's the challenge of that is figuring out the TV schedule of it, right like that, That's the challenging part of it. But nonetheless, I think that's coming at some point or another within the next ten years. But the game will continue to go more international because the game is growing all over the world. Players are getting better, and then you know, there's a case to be made that international basketball prepares you more for NBA in college.
Speaker 2: There's a case to be made on that.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't think the talent level has equaled out yet. There's still more talent in America than there is worldwide. But I think as far as the preparation goes, I think that we're starting to see the international game and the rules that these guys grow up playing as probably better suiting for the NBA game than the college game because some of those rules are just trash. So we'll still have a mixture of both. But I think you'll start to see more and more international guys. But you can never get rid of This's our sport. You're never going to get rid of us. That's just what it is. Last one at Rory three thousand, Baron, I know you make music, so I wanted to get your reaction on all these Lebron James R and B songs coming out.
Speaker 2: They got a little good gone reason run. I have not heard the roncast, but this is hard. He got the Michael Jackson sample. That's ship you know, hey, that's my one of my favorite songs all time in life.
Speaker 3: Man in the Mirror dude, and he raged remix sample around and the Lakers a good idea.
Speaker 2: But you can't come on, man, don't do my boy Michael Jackson like that. It was flying. It was fly though.
Speaker 3: When I don't do come on man, let Michael left. Michael Jackson Man in the Mirror have a song local space sheesh, oh man, get at me.
Speaker 2: That's a rap. The volume