Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio.
Speaker 2: Podcast We're Back.
Speaker 1: I missed you guys.
Speaker 2: Guys, if I could vote someone most excited to be back, I want to sit on your laps. I missed you guys a lot. Yeah, I miss you too. Like even my body language is aggressive. You say the word and I will sit right there.
Speaker 1: I'm like in a corner. Even more award if.
Speaker 2: We took tech tooe three in a row on this scout for the whole podcast, because I just want to touch you both. I just want to see your face. Is that you want to eat space? That's a sweet way, No, I said, I said, I want to see your face. I know, which means you want space from I on the camera. But I missed you guys. It's been a minute since we've all sat here because it's like this person was sick and then the kid was sick and holiday.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just that time of year, so hard. But we're all back. We're all back. We're all here. I miss you like you got kicked off. No, got kicked off?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Listeners are genuinely concerned. I've been hired. They're like, are you still mind down? I was like, yeah, I think so. It has been a minute. Let me think about those. Yeah, I'm so so. This is this a contract renewal discussion?
Speaker 1: New Year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, new Year? I just miss you. You had a movie. Yeah, it was so fun to be able to do a movie top of the year. Oh good, like good for your heart. It was good. It was really good. Good. Catherine came along for how many nights were you there?
Speaker 1: Three? Three year?
Speaker 2: This is a total sidebar, but Catherine will understand this. We played a lot of games for those three nights. I introduced Monopoly Go Ordeal to Alan last night.
Speaker 1: What is this game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But I almost took a picture and was like, Catherine, come come over.
Speaker 1: I'm proud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're played Monopoly, deal I haven't. But I love Monopoly. It's even better. Okay, it's just harder, Yeah it's quicker. Yeah. It just made me think of us in our time in Enid, Oklahoma. Sweet people. Oh yeah, they were great, very sweet people. But you guys, I got tell you what I fell in love with Oklahoma City? You did.
Speaker 3: I love Oklahoma City. If I could do a movie there again, I would love it because there's so much to do there. For not only kids, like their zoo and their science museum fabulous of the fast zoos and science museums I've ever been to. So good, so good, and the food amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 2: I hope you like Okross, I didn't didn't have any.
Speaker 1: Well, don't I do that there?
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's a while. Well, I used to. That used to be part of my territory when I was on the label, so I was there a lot, but I wasn't going to zoos. I just was managing them. It's time to be alive. But yeah, like, I feel bad that you didn't get to witness that part of Oklahoma's.
Speaker 1: Okay because I feel like we knew what this time was going to be, and it was literally sitting in a hotel room and like playing games, and that's what I was prepared for. That's what I wanted. I loved it.
Speaker 2: The funniest part that was we were on set and I was telling they were asking me kind of what's next, and I said, oh, I've got a movie in San Antonio for a couple of weeks and then we're filming in the Bahamas Ish area.
Speaker 1: Goes, I'm sorry, what, Yeah, when you brought me to Enid and you're going to the Bama Oky.
Speaker 2: And O no, no, no.
Speaker 1: I got a promise out of this one for sticking through.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you know what, apologies, so you can come with me on that that part of the.
Speaker 1: It wasn't And let me just say it wasn't that it was Enid. I love small town not having a lot to do. I'm great with that. It was freezing that That's really what it was about. I was not prepared. I had to go to the Walmart and buy gloves and like all the things because I just didn't realize with me so cold.
Speaker 2: You looked really cute though my face timed in. You looked like a little you looked like you were a character in the movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, I stood out there. I did get in the heating car a lot, but I stood out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. I mean it was it was freezing found until like one two in the morning or something, and she's out there just freezing her little buns off. And I'm like, okay, you can go in the heating car.
Speaker 1: If they can do it and save these lines and less clothes than me, I can stand out here.
Speaker 2: At a girl. But you are so like, what a friend. Yeah, Michigan girls will dig deep if we have to. But that I mean, that's all. That's cool. Okay. I left when I was eighteen. My blood has since that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a she loves the sun.
Speaker 2: I love, I love, And I started to get the sads this week. Why this is the cold? Oh oh that's yeah, that's it's starting to sink in. Yeah, and it's sunny here. It's just really coold. Like you can't go for a while. Y'all know, it's snowed at thirty A. Yeah, everywhere. Houston Airport shut down.
Speaker 1: There's snow on the beach.
Speaker 2: Guys, that's so cool though. I think I would love to see that. I think that's really cool. You can go to northern Michigan anytime, right, But like.
Speaker 1: I'm from here and I'm going to Florida, and I don't usually see the snow on the beach, so that's right. I mean I have obviously, but I think that's just I think it's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think snow's charming. It's over for me. I like it for about a month. Yeah, I like it for about one hour. For my kids, I like it for kids love it for twenty minutes. You do twenty minutes of getting everything on and then you hands side. Where's Ma'm yeah, your friends that invited us to veil and I ooh, that's amazing, I said, And they're like, no, if you have the right stuff, you stay warm. And I'm like, it doesn't I if you mad, I feel trapped. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: So where have you been? What have you been doing? Like, I haven't seen you.
Speaker 2: I feel like you've been.
Speaker 1: You did have a birthday.
Speaker 2: Forty three birthday, h which, by the way, you just disappear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because y'all know this really cute thing. You came to my house for my birthday, and so I'm you know, hey, let's go surprise Yeah, Kristin at her house, do the whole thing. Because it was so sweet what y'all did for me. I wanted to do the same back. And uh, I'm really glad I texted you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was ready to go.
Speaker 2: She's she's here. I'm like, wait, what cats on? Fine? My friends. Yeah, we just did a little quick trip to Tampa. I took the kids to Universal. It was like sweet, okay, yeah, we feeling about forty three. I feel great, great. Oh, I could possibly be my favorite year so far. Really, Oh, I'm I don't know. I'm in a mode. Was it? What is it? I don't I don't, I don't know. I really don't know. There's a certainty. What did I say the other day and my other girlfriend turned forty three four days after me, and I said, there's just like this, like an empowerment and peace. So great. Yeah, I just feel really happy happy. You're scared to say, I'm scared to say, the bottom falling out still in there? Yeah, I just feel great. So had a birthday, my little podcast that could that wouldn't always will be had a birthday. So it's five amazing. That's it, guys. Really, I think that's that. Did I miss anything? I didn't film a movie, so I feel a little lack luster. But I just had a birthday. That's it, you guys. Can I just tell you how cool Martin Sheen is though? Oh okay, the most loveliest human you've ever met. He's so great, he's so funny. There's this scene where I'm supposed to be just bawling, right and Martin's in the scene, and I can't really like give you know, why I'm so upset or whatever. But and he's comes over in the scene and just places his hand on my on my shoulder. And by the way, two minutes prior, we're like cracking up. He's just he's really funny. He likes to make funny jokes. And how do you do this? What do you mean? How do you cry? Do you think of something sad? Yeah? You do? What do you think of? I think I'm just fascinating herself. I don't know. Sometimes kabits our manager hat. Pretend Cat's a friend, right now?
Speaker 1: What do you think of?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it is like you, I'm fascinated because you can be cracking like I can't. Well, I don't know I can.
Speaker 3: If you if you think of any trauma that you've gone through, shit, you just think about those painful memories. There's there's a few that and each movie is a different type of pain, right, So like this one, there was something that I connected to that I'm like, all right, where am I going to find the emotion through this? And in those moments to cry? And that was you find it from whether either's childhood or past traumas of.
Speaker 2: X Y and Z. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So I'm not going to say exactly what it was, but the uh in that scene, it was tough because I'm like, man, this was my first one that I was filming with them, and so I'm like, this is gonna be hard to get because you have two seconds for them to go okay and action, you know, as we're all just like laughing. But this one just this was a sad scene. So it was easy to be able to get because we were in a hospital scene, so super easy to like get there. Maybe maybe I had this like moment where it's like I love Martin Sheen, like I love him. American President was one of my favorite movies ever, and it was kind of that moment of like gratefulness too, So it was almost like a happy cry right in like a sad moment because it's like this.
Speaker 1: Is so cool, like a pinch me moment, literally.
Speaker 2: Acting with someone that I like love so much, grew up with this movies, you know, and like I'm in the scene with him, so I'm like, you better knock it out of the apartment. It was almost like I'm like he's watching you, you know, like he's he who he is nervous, like a nervous happy drama all in one like really sad scene. And so and I had this scene where I have to like he has to give me the nod like this person is gone, and so I give that like look, like a no look, and then just this tears start to just like stream. He comes and like puts his hand like on my arm, and then it was just like a sob you know. And then but it but like in even the scene, you know, obviously it was like a when we were rehearsing, but you know, he's like cracking jokes and so then it's like how much do you want for that for the death? You know, like you can even mo me for the death or and then two seconds later its like and actually, so it's like he's like funny, but it was awesome love that. I felt a little starstruck on your behalf when I saw him with you. Yeah, well he hugs you, he loves you, he's sweet, sweet, he like cares. Yeah, I can tell, good dude. But anyway, so that was really fun. I don't know when's the mahamas, you guys, I'm going there this week? What what you literally just January. It's the only time I get to see. Have you noticed it's the same every January because it's the only domaseum? And where are you going? The Bahamas were staying this time for fun? Yeah? Two days, two brave days away from the kids, three nights dot. Come are you proud of me? Here? What's the look? I can two days? Yeah too, full days? I know, I know it's not proud. Okay, God, she's like, that was shame. I got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know the difference in her look.
Speaker 2: I gotta get back on track here, shame I okay, you're a great actress. I thought. Your brother is like, I just do hang on, I'm getting my trauma. Cry girl yourself. One more day, No, three nights. So it's three nights, two nights or three three nights? Two full days, like I'll have two full days, but three nights okay, three nights. Okay, that's great. The night's all that matter, you know what I mean? Three days is good? Three good? Okay? I thought even like, well, just getting there takes forever from here. Yeah, that's why it's like if you just do too. Yeah, what are you filming? I'm excited? Well, I feel like you go to these like locations all the time that are like kind of not wh people. Well yeah, yeah, kindly, Oklahoma City, we love you. So I just love that you might be in the Hamas. It gives me outer Banks vibes. And that's why I was checking in. It's a thriller. Yes, it's not all I can say. Oh yeah, in the Bahamas, mostly in San Antonio. Oh yeah, okay, yeah, okay, okay, it's gonna be fun though. Really excited about this one. But there are some things that happened while we were gone, devastating things, a lot of devastating things which we've talked about, and we're going to move on to the No, it's still devastating. Are you going to talk about the Jessicas? I was going to ask des check on the Simpson one, devastated. We did talk about it months ago. I texted you and I said, how are you feeling about this? She's like, Cramer, it's just us weekly. I go, oh, why there's smoke, there might be fires. She goes, oh coming from me, I like loud, yeah, every once in a while, it's so great. But yeah, I'm sad. I'm sad when anybody gets divorced and I'm more sad when it's public. I think because I've done this with you, I could actually maybe I could cry about things a lot easier than I. Jessica Simpson the cry. No, I just hate that it has to be so public. I hate it for you guys, because I know that is what you sign up for in air quotes and what people always say. But it just doesn't matter. No one gets married to get divorced. I stand by that. So I just think it sucks because there's kids involved and they have to read it and know it, and even if they're bigger, it doesn't matter. It's all. I just hate it. Yeah, it makes me sad. It does make me sad. A hard time to be a Jessica. Well, there's an album which we had her husband on the show, but they were saying January is a divorce month, and I had to think back to my divorces and I'm like, I chose the wrong month. That was my problem all along. I don't think I ever got divorced into January. I never heard a divorce month, and I did read that. I enjoyed that article. The writer of that article was actually awesome. What was she saying about it. It's just really funny. But she was like, you know, it's okay because there's like a new season of Severns, so you're gonna be okay. There's plenty of TV to keep you company. Yeah, I didn't know it was a divorce month, but I guess it's people get through the holidays and kind of make the pack or the holiday send them over the edge. Either way.
Speaker 1: The holidays can be very depressing too, you know, yeah, it can be a rough time.
Speaker 2: Well, I think maybe it's it's also like that fresh started the new year kind of too. Yeah, you know that she just want to just yep, break it off then. But it's it's to your point, it's it always anytime I ever see a headline of someone breaking up, may it's just like no, even whether I'm connected to it or not, like or I like them or not, it's just it's sad to see people not together and happy. Having said that, I want people to be happy, So if the happiest route is to not be with the person, then I'm happy for them. It just it sucks, right get because you know, like you said, in marriage is no one gets married to get divorced, and so it's sad when you see things end, but I'm also I get really hopeful and excited for people because it's a new chapter that they can then find happiness elsewhere. Yeah, it's not like shameful sad. I just get sad. I just hate. I just I put myself in those days of like they're going to have to move someone out and there's going to have to be the mornings where they wake up and it's quiet, or there's going to be the you know, the weekend where they're alone. And I that's the part that I get sad for and then hopeful for all the things they'll get. I just it makes me sad. I'm way less emotionally distraught over this than I was the Nick and Jess split. So I think that's something about my maturity, age and or emotional investment in her as a human.
Speaker 1: But she'll be good.
Speaker 3: It's hard to because people always say, oh, there was warning signs, like the uh, you know, all the clues that they were headed for a split, And again, I think it's anyone can look at someone's a relationship and go like okay, for you, Nick, it's like, Okay, the signs were there. You guys were sleeping in separate bed or not, I don't know whatever, we weren't, but I together watching the shows and separate rooms.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what I mean. But how much did you want to share about that?
Speaker 1: We were good? I would say if we were, we were not sleeping in different beds. But yes, fair, keep going.
Speaker 2: But like we can all say there was you know, but again that's just marriage is having their ups and downs, right, just what it is. And so it's just I did read somewhere a very like weird sentence about what Jess had said about the divorce and so that which one Simpson or Elba? Sorry, yeah, just speak about Jess Simpson like I was made of honor or something. Why am I so weird about her? It was just like this very like ambiguous comment about there was an event that happened that pushed them to this or something, And I'm like, what, like it's just maybe don't say anything at all. That's what Kyle Richards did, little baby almost or something. You know, it could just be no comment at this time. Maybe she wanted to chose get out in front of it, or like how do I say this?
Speaker 3: Like you want them to know maybe something did happen right as opposed to like it wasn't just a yeah, we couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people want people to know that there was something I wanted, and some people.
Speaker 2: I'll burn it to the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people don't want that out there. I mean, I just think that it depends. But that is the clue right there that they want it out there.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. It's a little baby. Yeah, it's the tone if.
Speaker 1: It does, for sure.
Speaker 2: But all in all though, it's sad. Having said that, I have someone that I was just chatting with. She just broke up with her fiance and it's like, you know, coming in and she's just like bawling and we're you know, talking about it, and it's like it's just so I hate when people's heart breaks. And then after that, it's like then I but then I'm also so excited, Like I said, like, I'm so excited for people's next chapters. I think it's like at a bookstore near you running out.
Speaker 3: I just because it's you know, it wasn't the person and we don't understand why, and the puzzle pieces and all that, but we will you'll know eventually, you know why it didn't work, and.
Speaker 2: The next thing you know, you'll be in Scotland with a tear in your eye. Exactly. Amazing. Yeah, so there's that one. I'm wondering what other I'm letting you lead the headline.
Speaker 3: Charging, headline charge you all know that is a disaster zone. Jeez on his side bar to all of this.
Speaker 2: The text message we got in our wind down about a labia. Yeah, we're going to talk about it or not, but she called it out. Let's talk about Brookshield's got a bonus labia rejuvenation without her consent. Why can't every Why can't everybody just leave my vagina alone? She has a new book out though it's a new book, Brookshield is not allowed to get old. Ah, if someone gave you a labia without your permission, would you sue for mal practice? One thousand percent.
Speaker 1: If anyone did anything without my permission when I am under yeah, one hundred and I'm not someone to sue anything anyone for anything. Really, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like we have a friend that we won't name obviously, but like she had a procedure done and they were like, oh yeah, we just did a little light bow too.
Speaker 1: Don't touch there's no way that's okay.
Speaker 2: Also, since when are doctors tossing in freebies? This is weird.
Speaker 3: So she actually went in for the labia reconstruction. The vagina rejuvenation is the extra procedure. Yeah, because the labia was an issue for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they then he gave her like this almost winky slimy like I guess what you know? While I was in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was gross. I didn't like anything about that story.
Speaker 2: Who does that?
Speaker 1: That was Yeah, it's just like I hate it for her, and it's like she got like she never talked to us, she never it's violating, and then she's somebody so it's like you also have a doctor that just did Like, I don't know, it's just it's all gross. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Would you talk about it if that happened to you?
Speaker 1: No, probably not. I don't love of course Kat woll Kat I am, and I'm not like there's certain things. It feels like it really was kind of traumatizing for her. Well, it's it's traumatized. I do kind of it is, absolutely and it probably would. I mean again, it's her choice if she talks about it.
Speaker 2: I hate it for her because it's like it's like one of us talking about it. Yeah, it's her choice.
Speaker 1: I could have done without knowing that information, Like you know, like sometimes I go back and forth sometimes I'm like, do we really need to know all of this about all of art? Like we know so much about celebrities now, like do we need to know this much about them? But on the flip side, it's her choice. She decided to tell it so well.
Speaker 2: I also kind of do like it in the way that I'm like, I wouldn't have thought to have a conversation with my doctor about anything extra heat or she might throw in well because that's not normal, right, But like because of this, but I.
Speaker 3: Feel like it's a little bit more normal than we might think, like just what happened with our friend too, things that like.
Speaker 2: Maybe a bit of an a to me. Yeah, I appreciate coming from Brooks Labia who knew Serve from the bottom.
Speaker 1: Now we're here, which is like, are we really talking about a Labia today?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: But I mean I feel for her though, I mean, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: Basically, when you go into a procedure and make sure that's the only thing that's happening, such a helpless feeling. You're asleep, right, exactly weird? Yeah, I don't like No, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my good all No, what else is going on in the headlines? There's a lot right now.
Speaker 2: There is. I meant to ask you another question about the movie. Okay, can we go back to it real quick? Sure, I forgot we got distracted, Okay, trauma. Was there any like lovey scenes? Can we know that? Lovey scenes?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Huh? Between me and my husband in the movie the movie Husband, Yes, movie Husband? There was zero? Okay, I wonder I always like to get an allan temperature check. Not even a kiss scene? Oh yeah, I will you like kissed my forehead? That was about intimate holdly handing scenes. Yeah, but yeah, it wasn't. It was a it's a Christian film. Sweet uh huh. It was very sweet. But yeah, he's he was lovely.
Speaker 3: He was great, great, really really nice guy, great actor, and it's so nice, you know guys. It was difficult though, because I was playing like a mom, even.
Speaker 2: Though I am a mom. It was hard because she was I know, Catherine always makes fun of me, but she was my daughter's older in this, and so I had that moment like, oh my gosh, I'm aging to like just the mom characters. Now.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm not old enough to have a child, and I was like, I fifteen year old writer. But I get it that that would seem until you're I mean, I still don't feel like I'm old enough to have a fifteen year old. So I get it, like we don't feel like we're that old, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I think right now? Yeah, I just it's like out of body to tell you it's forty three. Yeah, yeah, And a lot of the things that I audition for, so like today I have an audition for something that's like mid forties, but I don't I still can't really like play that age yet. And so it's just it's just it's just weird.
Speaker 3: I am trying to figure that, like, that's just it's just weirder for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder sticking to the more like the mid thirty rules. I wondered because I watch a lot of Jane Fonda, what that somehow does not surprise me? It does? I love her so much, and I just always wonder, like, as a career, you know, actor, how it feels to age up, like, you know, as they age you up, and you're like, suddenly you're the grandmother. Like some of these women playing these grandmother roles. I'm like, you know they're playing them young even, right, And I'm like, oh, that probably doesn't feel too good for the like yeah, esteem or something. Yeah, it's interesting. I have a question answer.
Speaker 1: So, you posted while you were at the movie that you had given Jolie a phone. Uh huh while you were gone?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you get any positive or negative feedback for posting that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: What's interesting is I got so many women reaching out to me, thank you for actually bringing that up. I have.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of women reaching out to me because I'd mentioned that I don't let them have their iPads anymore. And that was the number one DM was how did you do it?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Not why did she have a phone?
Speaker 3: Like, because I explained in there that I gave her the phone because she's not allowed they don't have the iPad anymore. And that was I mean, And it wasn't like why, it was how.
Speaker 2: Did you do it? Oh? Cool? And I loved that.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, I just wondered when you saw it? When you posted it. I wondered if you got any hate for that.
Speaker 3: I feel like I didn't, just because I was able to say and I'm I'm like, it's only for the two weeks. I'm getting it back when she comes back.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like you had to justify yourself that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I found that interesting. Yeah, I mean I get it. I'm not saying, but I also, to an extent, wish you didn't feel like you have to have to justify yourself so much. But maybe it kept you from getting hate. And there you go.
Speaker 3: I agree that I don't like the justification part of things. Having said that, for me, I I don't want people I guess I don't want people to think that she's allowed to phone that young, sure, because I don't personally believe in it at this age.
Speaker 2: Sure, so, yeah, cares your world less noisy if you can just get out in front of it maybe a little bit and just say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, for sure, I mean I agree, I just yeah, there is that part of me that's like, man, I wish you didn't have to, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Brookshields Laviya right exactly.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes we just Yeah, how did she do within the phone being taken away or like being done.
Speaker 3: With totally fine, right, Yeah, there was zero issues with it, and yeah it was it was good and I and I had to obviously talk to Mike about it because.
Speaker 2: You know, it's.
Speaker 3: A technical you know, it's a phone and all the things. And I said that, you know, here what I would love the rules to be, and followed pretty well. I mean it was you know, the reason we got rid of the iPads in the very beginning was because the overuse on his part of it.
Speaker 1: And sorry not to pause, we're just real fast. So iPads are gone in both homes, yes, got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh And so once we had basically a come to Jesus about it about how it was overused, and then when they came here, it was the I'm board and I want you know, it's like the all the whole things. We just said, okay, we agreed no more iPads, but with the phone stuff. You know, I was like, this is kind of why, because I don't want to be blowing up your phone. I don't want to be texting him all the time. Can I talk to the kids. It's like that whole conversation. So, you know, it was just mornings text me before you go to bed and then when you get home from school. Yeah, and it worked great, great, so I think we'll implement that again. But there was no phone, like, no games on the phone, no anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: It really did work out great.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: And then personally with the iPad thing, like just for us because I've gotten our friend Sarah Boyd reached out and she was like, how did you get rid of the iPad? And it's like it was a struggle in the very beginning. And I will say this. They have it for airplanes. They had it during Scotland when they were sick, like that was our way to And I understand why.
Speaker 2: It's it's the best. You know why why my parents use it? I totally get it.
Speaker 3: There's so many times I want to be like, just watch your iPad, you know. I kind of now it's probably I guess that we limit a lot of TV too. But for Jolie, iPads is like the worst thing she could possibly have. She's so addicted. And I saw how addicted she became to it and just how often they would ask. I mean, it drove me nuts. And then with Jays too, it was he didn't really care, but then he I could just see the like the addiction forming in him, and there's so much more creative now. They don't ask for it, they don't say they're bored anymore. Like it's been fantastic great. Yeah, we so good.
Speaker 2: Legend has the same addictive part of it, and I actually we took it away a long time ago because I don't like how he acts. I do not like the version of my son that has been on an iPad and we do like we've had like reading eggs and we do that on there sometimes, or like I'm trying to think. He loves garage band, so I do let him have it for garage band because he's likes to create the beats, but I do not. I do not appreciate how he acts, like it really affects his behavior a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see. I can agree with you on that. When Jace was playing that Roblocks game, the kind of like anger and just more aggression I saw from that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't like him tuned out from the world. And I have like a good software system on ours that lets me like govern everything. But but even then I just was like I just didn't and it had a timer go off. I mean they were only allowed like thirty minutes or something when they would use it, and it wasn't every day, but I still even he'd be like, can you can you give me more time? And I'm like, no, actually, this is over. Yeah, You're just a better dude without it, I think. But I did integrate it into their world a little. So they're savvy enough to know because I you know, that is their world unfortunately. Yeah, so I didn't want them to like be hindered in the technology piece. Yeah. I mean, you guys remember when the old computer fired up when we played organ Trail. Yeah, I mean it's still time to walk.
Speaker 3: I mean I let Jolie have the monitor phone, the phone that she used, you know to make her fake little YouTube videos like I'll, you know, if they want to be creative like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fine with that. It's just the games really bug me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not just because of Mic and the games, right, I realized, and I just see like where they go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like we did an old school Tetris for Christmas, like just the handhod, just the Tetris, and that was awesome. But I'm with you I don't like it either, and I also just can't like the due diligence of that out each game exhausted me too, and I'm like, I'm to talk about the chat room stuff. I was like, we're out. Yeah, we never did any even thing that did that, and I got annoyed because then the advertisements would come in and it's like a random other game and I just I don't know, it's all.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 3: But again, no judgment for parents that use it. It's like I understand how great of a tool it is, and it's can be great for people too, other kids, and so it's just not.
Speaker 2: Didn't work for us. But also it's kind of like mentioning things like this is sometimes people shove to be like, oh, I can do it. That was probably the most interaction I got when I posted about it, most interaction I've had with people, because people were like, wait, like I think they just need the it feels unattainable or overwhelming to them.
Speaker 3: I think I created the problem with Jolie though, because when she stopped napping her quiet time, we'd give her iPad for two hours in her room, So that became and I didn't do that with Jays and I was and he didn't, so maybe so maybe I created that. But at this kind of stuff like he was, it was my only one and it was just easy, like take your iPad so I can do some you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what be honest to get d Yeah.
Speaker 1: All kids are just so different one on things. You know, people zone in, kids zone in differently, you know, just everybody's different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like love can watch a night pat or like do a game on there and be fine. And I'm like when it was times up, she was like cool, Yeah, legend typical LEGI negotiating, Yeah, every second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean my kids will still ask for like more time on their phones. Yes, my teenagers have time on their phone. So I'm like, should have used it wisely.
Speaker 4: Like that.
Speaker 1: Sorry about it.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis and I want to know. Are you a Charlotte?
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety seven, my life was forever changed when I took on the role of Charlotte Yorke on a new HBO show called Sex in the City. As we watched Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte navigate relationships in New York City, the show helped push once unacceptable conversation topics out of the shadows and altered the narrative around women and sex.
Speaker 2: We all saw ourselves.
Speaker 4: In them as they searched for fulfillment in life, sex and friendships. Now I want to connect with you and share untold stories and all the behind the scenes together with special guests. What will begin with sex and the city will evolve into talks about themes that are still so relevant today. Are You a Charlotte is a much more than just rewatching our beloved show.
Speaker 2: It brings the past and the.
Speaker 4: Present together as we talk with heart, humor, and of.
Speaker 2: Course some optimism.
Speaker 4: Listen to Are You a Charlotte on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of the movie, met the sweetest man on the set of Your movie. His name was Sam is that correct? His name is Sam Sat And had the most lovely conversation with this man about family and all the things, and so that just made me think because he is the father of Justin Baldoni. So speaking of headlines, and it just really had me thinking about everything that's been in the headlines with him and Blake. But how was that with the movie with him, did you I.
Speaker 2: Feel like it was one of those things. Well, first of all, it's like it's just so not my place to be asking about it, you know, and I can't, you know, there's just there's so many headlines and so much stuff. But so it's just it's just it's not my It wouldn't have been my place to even mention it or say anything. But I got to know him on a personal level, and he's fantastic, He's so sweet, loves his family so much. He's an awesome, awesome producer and guy. So he didn't produce that movie, but he was there supporting our writer, and.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean I very much enjoyed him. But so let's talk about that headline.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna step out of that.
Speaker 1: I just need some clarification on everything that's happening.
Speaker 2: I understand zero.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I watched the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, and I liked the movie. Loved the movie.
Speaker 2: I thought they did agree too.
Speaker 1: And then we had talked about, you know a while back, about like the interviews and stuff where she was kind of being like rude to the lady about the pregnant whatever. I didn't even fully understand what that had to do with everything, and now it's just erupted into this hole four hundred million back and forth. Right, So from there that happens. Is he accusing her of being or we just as a culture of finding these interviews at the time, you know what I mean? Like, so right after the movie, right, that's what I'm trying to We have the movie, it comes out, then we're all talking about, all of a sudden, how she's rude in all these interviews. Did that have anything to do with him? Or was that us just finding it after the movie? Does anyone know the answer to that?
Speaker 2: I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 1: That has always kind of confused me, Like why did we all start talking about her being rude in these interviews right after? Okay? Right, so that kind of that part kind of lost me.
Speaker 2: So then.
Speaker 1: Next is she's suing him. Yes, she sued him first as due him first for sexual harassment, I believe, correct, So sexual harassment. I'm like trying to make sure I get all the facts to this whole thing. So that's confused me. So she sued him, but now he has countersued.
Speaker 2: Her, correct for that's four hundred million.
Speaker 1: Is she suing him for four hunder millionaire?
Speaker 2: He sued her and she's suing both of them? Is that correct? Ryan and Blake? I believe so, And if you hear the pauses, it's because we are looking and producer chat to clarify for us.
Speaker 1: It's been a lot, it's but it's all over the headlines. Yes, it's a lot. It's a little overwhelming at the moment. I've seen a lot of whose side are you on? But I don't even feel like people are asking, you know, like taking polls, who side are you on? Who's this Blake Live versus? And I'm like, I don't even think I fully understand the entirety of this whole situation.
Speaker 2: I do not understand the entirety. So something she's suing him for something that happened during the movie, Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Yes? I believe the sexual harassment things during the movie and things that were and he was a director on the head I believe, so, Okay, But I think things that were said, some things about intimacy coordinators, you know, stuff like that. I know that she wait, according to.
Speaker 2: Him, yeah, intimacy coordinator yeah, oh yeah, wait.
Speaker 1: Wait And according to his yeah, according to his screen, like his receipts. She didn't want to meet with the intimacy coordinator, so that place.
Speaker 2: Coordinator just go through like the scene, any scene that is like sexual ish and tell me what that is. Like anytime you have something that's like an intimate scene, just like, yeah, you would have an intimacy coordinator be like are you comfortable with this? Like let's like we walk through it and be like okay, like you know, does this feel okay to you? So that both people feel comfortable with the scene that's about to take place and they can have someone to kind of advocate for them. Yeah. I like that. Yeah, brilliant, Well lovely has that always been. It's something that you can absolutely one thousand percent ask for and most professional movies have them on great Yeah, okay, I like that. I've had them on a couple like for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fascinating. I mean I don't know. That's what we've heard a lot of exactly trying to piece together all the information of this and unless actually factually absolutely and what is actually happening, what the facts are the intimacy coordinator Where that plays in where it is important that she turned it down versus what is being said. You know, I don't I don't fully understand the scope of it, and I don't know that I can even really fully take a stance because I don't even understand the scope of all that's going on. But I was just kind of curious if y'all knew a little bit more about it, if you can help explain it to me a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more. I usually filter like everything through Preston. He's my cliff note guy. Yeah, So like i'll because I just can't. I don't have the capacity or I'm also like honestly sometimes like I don't know, I just it's too much. So but he will even like anything with policies anything, and then I filter all things school and educating it. Yeah, but like he kind of tried to lay it out, Fran and I was I got just confused.
Speaker 1: I usually know, this one's just really compluted. This one's just it's a lot to it.
Speaker 2: So it does feel like murky and noisy. Me just feels like it's confusingly aware right now, I know it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so when we get clarification, when we circle back, is that what we want to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll circle back on that one. But what else is going on? I feel like there's just been a lot.
Speaker 2: Kat would you do over the break?
Speaker 1: What did I do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it a long time.
Speaker 1: Kids and Enid, that was about it.
Speaker 2: I like Cube Cube the best.
Speaker 1: I love that game.
Speaker 2: I don't love how to Play Well, Guys, that was a good one. It's glad. I'm glad to be back. I'm glad I think we're back together.
Speaker 3: And should we just say, like, what do you do you believe in saving receipts.
Speaker 2: For just life? Yeah? I mean I want to. I want to say no, but I know me.
Speaker 1: One million percent. I can remember talking to my boss years ago and as having a disagreement in him saying pick up the phone and column, and I said, and when you're in a position like I'm in, you want it in writing. I mean, I just it is one of those I have always. Yes, I love a phone call, but guess what if something was covered on that phone call, I'm also going to email you and make sure I have a receipt about it.
Speaker 2: Do you think the re sech can be misread?
Speaker 1: Misread in certain circumstances? Sure, And I'm not saying that I am necessarily sarily an advocate for showing receipts publicly. I just think that they sure can't protect you in a situation like this. Do I need to see the receipts of what happened between Blake and Justin? Yeah, but that made me think of that.
Speaker 2: It was like appliances or that's where I'm at, and like I do actually because you just never know when Maytag might need a moment.
Speaker 1: But you never know when you're going to get sued and you're going to need to have those receipts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so don't. I'm huge.
Speaker 1: I'm huge on having stuff in writing, which text life.
Speaker 2: I haven't really either, like a conversation same. But you know what's interesting is like I almost receded out something gosh a few years ago. Oh boy, did I want to so bad, like so bad because I was getting dragged through some stuff that I was like, that is not actually facts, Like that is not facts? Mad member sitting with Catherine being like I and this publication was like, well you can because I sent them the receipt and I said, here's the actual proof that that's not factual, and she goes, well you can post that, and I was like, because you want me to, that's drama for them, you and pick up. Oh.
Speaker 3: I mean I was sreaming on the I mean screaming, and the path's like, calmed down.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, it's not you. It's just frustrating.
Speaker 3: Life, right, And I have the receipt right there, and you're gonna run something that's not freaking true, right.
Speaker 2: I was so pissed.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like that when I was like someone that's it, Like this is like this is exactly what these publications want. You want the fucking drama, right, and you want me to post this, that's right. I'll just keep it going, bringing back and that's the thing. And like my publicist and her was like and Catherine was like, this will just continue it and I'm like, and you're going to be feeding what they want. And I'm like, but it's going to make this person look like they win and that's killing me.
Speaker 2: Like that's killing me.
Speaker 3: And and I was like, but I'm but I'm I had to go to the like I know the truth and swallow it and let it die.
Speaker 2: Oh. But it was the hardest thing ever. I also just know, like I know, like I know vindication comes and we do not have to always. I'm like, you know what it's and that's the thing. I'm like, and I've recently I got don't know how when I was like scrolling back in certain things, I ended up just getting rid of everything because I'm like, it doesn't I was like, it'll all come back the way it's supposed to wash out, not with me anymore, because I'm long removed from that situation. That's right, But it'll come back to them in a different situation somewhere else. I don't need to be the one and I'm I'm so glad I did not put something out. Yeah, do you want to have a manager appreciation moment?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. I do want to say that if that were me personally, I don't know that I could have taken my own advice. I will be the first to say that I know what the right thing in that situation is to do. But let me not say if I were you, it would have been really freaking hard for me not to trust me. I love a receipt and I don't like my name being like muddied any more than anyone else. So the fact that you were able to show that restraint is huge and I give that to you because that is what needed to happen. But on the flip side, I wouldn't have blamed you for a second for putting it out there. But it just it just keeps it going, and it makes it more miserable for you and for and it's just not worth it. But yeah, you're out of it, and the watch.
Speaker 2: It always gets cleaned eventually, eventually. But anyways, leopard never changes its spot. I hope they do. I have Well, you're not a lesser thing. I hope you're not a leopard. Well listen, we've all like you know, and I think people, and this is what I'll always go back to. I don't have hate for a single person in my life. I really don't. And I think everyone has the ability to change. I've changed, I've grown so much, and I continue to grow. I continue to change, I continue to learn and.
Speaker 3: Like and I pray for those people that you know did wrong or did bad or whatever to be able that they're growing and they're happy. And I think some people together are just oil and water.
Speaker 2: I know, you know what I mean, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, So I'm like, some people just don't mix well together. Some people are just really unhealthy at that time together, and everyone's off. I'll have like and I want everyone to be freaking happy.
Speaker 2: I have like zero. That's why I'm like, I have no issues.
Speaker 3: Like if I ran into the people that hated me that, I'm like, I hope that they can meet me in this version. Now I hope to meet them in that version. So I hope, you know, for all all love and all change and all like we all all are allowed that, and I hope everyone's great. And I do believe that people can change, but.
Speaker 1: Also will continue to make mistakes. People make mistakes. That's who we are. We are hearings, people make mistakes.
Speaker 2: Gel together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like sometimes you sit in the cars and people, I'm like, this person's give me my friend.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. But you're really good. You're really good at that. You'll be like, oh, I'm glad you guys connect Like that doesn't hurt your feelings. Glad she does. She said it to me, glad you connect. And I was like, anyway, well I die, I just die because I I it's just so like it's so certain. It's not like because I was like, wait, whoa I didn't, you know, and she's like, I'm glad you and I think she didn't really meant it, and I was like, wow, that is. But it's also like when we talked about, you know how you're like I dated someone, I was like, oh, those guys not right for me, but the person would be great for Julie. I'm like, oh no, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: You're really good about that. Thanks. I think that's how you survived in l A. Yeah, like I think that world, you know, that industry is just your industry is you have to be that way. I mean, I just believe in that, you know, I believe that Mike's new he's going to be great for his new girlfriend. We just were terrible together, you know. I love that you believe that about him. Anyways, let's