Speaker 1: Am I going to be able to hear? Can you hear me? I can hear you? What do you want to hear it? Do you want to hear this? Can you not hear that?
Speaker 2: I mean I faintly heard our bull chat theme song, but faint Oh.
Speaker 1: You know what, because I probably have to do this also, you might have to Let's see can you hear Let's see you guys still in your r V.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are waiting to get.
Speaker 1: I was playing Willie Nelson for you.
Speaker 3: Watching you dance to nothing is awesome.
Speaker 1: Scott often does. Jeff Jeff Smith, engineer extraordinary, just came in and said he won't you won't be able to hear anything I play. Oh okay, well here we are, So I'll just turn it up really loud in my studio and I'll be able to hear it on the microphone. Sure I love that? Yeah, okay, Well walk in a bold chat Jeff.
Speaker 4: Hi, Andrew, Hi, I'm so excited you're connected from Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: How freaking cool is that? Well?
Speaker 2: Seventy but you know, yeo seventy Yellowstone.
Speaker 4: They all start with why it's close? One's a volcano, ones not it's a volcano. The yo Yellowstone is it's a super volcano.
Speaker 1: That's scary. You know that.
Speaker 4: No, it blew up like twenty billion years ago and it was part of I think, what extincted dinosaurs or something.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well.
Speaker 4: No it's not Google it really Yellowstone is a super volcano. That's why there's all the geysers in the mud pits and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And here we go, can here, Gandhi. So I'm gonna have to boost the audio.
Speaker 3: It's I'll just lean in.
Speaker 5: I'll lean in when I need to. I was just yelling from the corner. This isn't my thing, it's your thing. I'm staying out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm leaving. This is all about Andrew and Scotty. Yes, and now Bernie is standing at the door and everybody wants to come in. So anyway, this is bull chat. It's episode whatever it is who cares? And yeah? Is it? Who cares? What? Why is it? Who cares? Well? Okay, so what episode is it? I don't know? Fifteen fifteen? This is fifteen yes, okay, So let's just paint the picture here, Gandhi, and Andrew and Diamond are on a road trip in the r V and they started in Texas and now they are in Jellystone.
Speaker 2: Okay, still, no, it's Yosemite. Oh fifth time?
Speaker 1: Well I just said Jellystone because of the Yogi thing. Oh what's Yogi Bear?
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know still to this day.
Speaker 1: Really Yogi Bear, Yogi and Boo Boo lived in Jellystone Park.
Speaker 2: I know Boo Boo, doesn't he go hey Boo Boo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Booboo is his little I don't know if Booboo his little kid or brother or cousin or nephew. I think it's his nephew.
Speaker 2: Well I never watched it, of course you didn't. But here we are.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any dead bears? Dead? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why would we see dead bears?
Speaker 1: Don't people shoot bears?
Speaker 2: Not in parks?
Speaker 1: Oh, they're protected. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We actually found out a fun fact that at during hunting season, all of the animals come into the national parks because they know that they're safe here.
Speaker 3: They just hang out. I swear that's what they told us at Sequoia.
Speaker 1: How could they be that smart? My dog is so dumb. How could a bear he's that smart? Well, think about it. It's the devolved version of a wolf. Yeah, I guess No, Oh, I can't hear you anymore. No, Belly, you got you cut out there for a while, but I get it. Oh, I can't hear you, Scott. Oh no, I can't hear Scott. You cut out for a second, Scott. Oh my god. This is miserable, just miserable. Why don't I call you on my phone anyway? So, Gandhi and Diamond and uh, this sucks, This just sucks. It sucks so bad. I'm so mad. I've got to FaceTime Andrew now because nobody can hear anybody. This is the most miserable day ever. No, no, we're not doing it like that. Andrew not doing it like that. I hate this. That's why I don't like to do things that are not in studio. Here, I'm calling him on FaceTime. What happened? Oh? Now I hear you mcu wake coming through on the mic. Yeah, I hear you on the mic. But I don't see you in Zoom anymore. But I don't care.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I guess maybe we'll go like this.
Speaker 1: This is so strange. Now, now do you understand why I'm like, I don't want to do Zoom things. I only want to do them in studio. But I can see you in everything now, so let's just stop this. Let me hear you, Okay, can you hear me now? Yeah? I can hear you anyway. So I guess what I want, Like, I want to know the most interesting roadkill you've seen? Uh?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: This is the weirdest conversation?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, look, I love oh you're gone from zoom, but whatever. I love road trips, love. And the strangest roadkill I've ever seen was a cow. I saw a dead cow in Indiana one time. Are you okay? Yeah? Everything like okay with you, Everything's fine.
Speaker 2: That's like a roadkill conversation.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious. You guys have been on the road for a bit, so I'm curious. Just like the craziest dead thing you've seen.
Speaker 5: We actually, I don't think Andrew was with us when Diamond and I saw it, but we saw a deer and its.
Speaker 3: Head was completely like gone.
Speaker 5: It was just a carcass, a headless carcass of a deer, and the vultures were eating it.
Speaker 3: That was creepy.
Speaker 1: That's relatively normal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, we haven't really seen a ton of dead things, but we did see what was it called tarantula hawk?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's a bug from how Andrew can explain it.
Speaker 2: It's a giant bug and it has paralyzing venom in it, and it was like the first bug we saw okay in the park.
Speaker 1: But I mean, have you seen any.
Speaker 3: Like carry it away? But it's like this big.
Speaker 1: Did you see like a like a cheetah lying on the side of the road. I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: No, you think we are You realize that we're in California?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Wait, you're in California.
Speaker 2: Where do you think Yosemite? Is you dunce?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've never been there.
Speaker 5: The weirdest thing we've seen on the side of the road is, to be completely honest, the most wild, terrifying things people crackheads. Yeah, the crackheads in California. Whoa, it's a different breeds.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, while you're driving through California, have to be really careful. Don't go too fast the California Highway Patrol. Have you seen any of them? That's so exciting? Yeah? That was that was great. Thanks for that. Wait, so wait, you guys are ending up in San Francisco? Is that it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So when you get there. I'm like, who's the first person that's going to send me a picture of the sour dough place like this standing in front of it because it's my last name. Oh, I mean I didn't plan on it, No, but you will anytime anybody goes to San Francisco Boudin and they take a picture like a hah haha, and I'm like, it's great. So, I mean I have hundreds of those. But you guys can also don't tell Diamond because she'll do it.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, pause, But hundreds of people have sent you pictures, Gott hundreds, hundreds.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're really going to go with that in my lifetime, yes, that, and then with lifetime that and then when people go to Louisiana, it's the sausage. Oh, I'm going to eat your balls because it's Boudin balls and because that's what's on the menu. But hundreds of people Scott, Yeah, I don't listen. This is an awful, awful episode. Why not you go go? Why don't go where? Just go just do something thing? D what just talk about stuff? Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, well, I mean you're the one who started up the whole episode with let's talk about roadkill.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you guys like the Chips theme song. Oh, I also played wait. I also played Willie Nelson, but you couldn't hear it on the road again because he's a huge pothead. So I just picture the two of you, like Cheech and Chong with like with Diamond driving and you tour in the backseat with just gobs of smoke going out the window as you're heading down the highrobs. Yeah, plumes. Plumes is the word plumes?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 5: No, one Diamond's not driving because it's terrifying when Diamond drives scared, which also scares us. But we were actually talking about We've had this debate multiple times. Would it or would it not have been fun for you to be on the road with us? And the answers are differing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see where it would be both annoying and cool to have me with you.
Speaker 2: I said that you're driving in RV would probably be we'd probably get there at least like fifty minutes after.
Speaker 1: When we should have been there. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Ultra safe?
Speaker 1: No, it would be way earlier. Are you out of your mind? I'm a make time guy. I want to get there fast.
Speaker 2: That's how I've been in this whole trip. Yeah, which is terrible.
Speaker 5: You can't okay, they told us specifically, you cannot take the RV over seventy miles per hour. And there have been multiple instances where we've looked at Andrew and it's at.
Speaker 2: Like eighty six.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying he hit a mountain, but he might have hit a mountain.
Speaker 1: What is the what flipped it? What? What is the highest speed limit you've seen so far?
Speaker 3: Eighty six?
Speaker 1: No, the highest speed limit? Oh, seventy five, there's eighty.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, eighty.
Speaker 1: I know in Texas there's eighty and then some Texas they don't care. It's just nothing. You do what you want.
Speaker 2: It's like the Autobahn of Texas exactly. Well, I like, well, you were a bus driver, how fast did you drive? You can't had to drive kids, you know. There was one idiot that reported me one time. I got called into the office because I was doing like forty six and the thirty five and some some Karen called the school and I got in trouble.
Speaker 1: I can just see how angry you'd get that. Well, no, but you have to be you got to be careful when you're driving up, but you know, you it's weird because when you're driving a bus, you kind of forget you're driving a bus and you think you're in your car, and so you go a little faster than you're supposed to, and maybe you don't stop at the train tracks like you're supposed to, and you could get in a lot of trouble for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I would say driving this RV at first it was like, Wow, this thing is really big, but then you just start getting used to like the cab in size, and you're like, oh, this is like a car with a giant house, not a car.
Speaker 5: This was the problem driving into the mountain. So when we actually came into Sequoia National Park in like King's Canyon, it was the windiest road ever. And our team of people who are like helping us do things, they actually said, maybe you guys need to leave that RV at the bottom of the mountain, get a rental car, and go up in a rental car because the roads are.
Speaker 3: Tiny and it's terrifying. We didn't do that, and.
Speaker 5: All three of us, I swear to God, keegeled the entire time and it was like an hour going up that freaking mountain.
Speaker 3: No, thank you.
Speaker 1: Wait can you buttole Keegel, I guess right, yeah, oh yeah you can. You would have been hysterical because after every turn it would be like, well, the thing that gets me, the thing that gets me about driving through vast landscapes is like, as you're driving on the road seventy miles an hour, the trees on one side are moving really fast, but the trees with the mountains on the other side aren't, and it kind of throws your equilibrium off a little bit. I always get dizzy and weird, like when I drove to the Pocono's on Root eighty, Like, shut up, Andrew. The trees on this side are like whizzing by, but on the other side it's like picturesque and like barely moving, and it freaks me out. I lost you again. We lost you again. I can't hear you. I can't hear you. No, you can talk all you want, I can't hear you. I hate this so much. I hate it. We're gonna have to end this right here, end it. Nope, I don't hear you. Don't hear you. So that's why I hate these things. No, I still don't hear you. Nope, nope, don't hear you. Don't hear you. I don't hear you. What about now? No, I don't hear you on the microphone? Can we end this podcast? Can we end the podcast? No?
Speaker 4: Not yet.
Speaker 1: We're going to connect.
Speaker 2: This isn't fair. Oh can you hear us now?
Speaker 1: No? No, I can't. I can't.
Speaker 2: Oh I can hear you now?
Speaker 1: Okay, Now I hear you're dad? Why does that keep happening? Listen? I don't know are you the Wi Fi? Are you waking up here? Are you in the mountains?
Speaker 2: Yes, we are actually in the mountains. And it's also seven am here. So the time doesn't do anything to Wi fi?
Speaker 1: Just so you know it does it does? How How do you figure it does?
Speaker 5: Because more people wake up, and then more people are hopping on to the Wi fi when they're awake. So two am when we start broadcasting, no problem. As these assholes around us start to wake up and steal our bandwidth, it becomes a problem.
Speaker 1: So how are your set? How are your setting? How are your cell phones? Do you have? Like cell service?
Speaker 3: Depends who's asking? No, we actually so where we are right now at this particular moment, we have, like I have two bars of cell service. When we leave here, we got nothing.
Speaker 5: It's legitimately off the grid, and everybody's bitching like, how is it off the grid when you're posting on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Well, we come back to.
Speaker 5: The lodge to grab our Wi Fi, post whatever we can, and then we're off again.
Speaker 1: So tell me what you've done so far that I would never in my lifetime do, even for money skydive, I would never do that period. That's probably it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it was so much fun though I had the best experience in the entire world.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I think that you should do it at least once.
Speaker 1: But so you are a thrill seeker, I don't seek thrill. I like my feet planted on the ground. That's a parent. It's apparent Scott.
Speaker 2: Why you were talking about how your equilibrium gets off from trees passing you on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was apparents No, you know, I am in my mid forties, Andrew things start going You're only in.
Speaker 2: Your mid forties. I thought you were in your sixties.
Speaker 1: You're such an ass. Oh wait, this is hold on a second. I just realized that this right now will be the freshest podcast ever because it's actually being posted two day as soon as we're done recording it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is fresh out the oven. It's almost live, almost. Who knows, maybe we'll plan a live episode in the future.
Speaker 1: See. I feel like if I was there, Diamond and I would be doing a lot of hanging out while you guys were doing stuff.
Speaker 2: Uh no, because again, would you hike?
Speaker 1: Of course? I like, Hi, I like to do everything that you've talked about so far except skydiving. And I'm not sure if I'm not sure if I would have gone. I'm not sure if I would have gone in that helicopter in the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 2: Oh, you would have missed out because that was incredible. Like, when do you ever get to be inside the Grand Canyon. They only give out certain permits two people. No, I understand, it's like a once in a lifetime type of thing.
Speaker 1: I get it. But like, I had a bad helicopter experience one time we were flying in I think it was Jamaica and Cubby, you know, the guy, our friend that works at Leida FM. He was like, I'm not taking that chicken bus back to the airport. I'm hiring a helicopter, So Amy and I went in with him and whatever girl he was with at the time, and the helicopter pirate pilot was a giant douche and as we were getting close to him out and he's like, oh no, oh no, and then he would pull up really quick and he would just try to scare us. And so I don't ever want to go in a helicopter ever again because of him. He ruined it.
Speaker 5: No, you know what, the helicopter was not so bad. The tiny plane that we got into to cross to the Grand Canyon was freaking terrifying and I was shaking basically the whole time.
Speaker 3: Diamond pitted out.
Speaker 5: It was bad because our pilot was great. Pilot Paul was great. He's apparently like an aerobatic pilot stunt pilot guy, which is crazy. But the thunderstorms out there come out of nowhere and they're intense and all you can do is hope that you fly through a little crack in the clouds, and that's what we were doing for two and a half hours.
Speaker 3: That was terrifying. Never again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll never do that little puddle jumper playing again. Amy and I did that. Going from Maui and Hawaii to the Big Island and we had just gotten married and we thought for sure that that was it. We were married for four days and we were going to be dead and now was the end of it. Because that's how bad of a flight that was. So now that we have kids, we've kind of slowed down the unnecessary risks. So if it's I mean, I get adventure and all that, but I'm not going to do something that has a fifty to fifty shot of killing us anymore. That's all. We have people that rely on us.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I feel like, okay, but skydiving isn't a fifty f No, going into a car is a fifty to fifty thing. Getting in a plane where you're strapped and it has a computer on the back that makes the chute go off in a worst case scenario has better protection than me getting in a car right now.
Speaker 1: No, people are hacking. People are hacking your parachute from Russia. I'm not in China. I'm not I'm not I'm not doing it. Isn't there just a thing? It's just a pull cord?
Speaker 2: No, No, there's two, there's three parachutes where we went there were three parachutes. You have one that launches like seconds in and that basically.
Speaker 1: Keeps you flat.
Speaker 2: Then about twenty five seconds in the big parachute comes off. But if God forbid that didn't happen, it has a computer in the back.
Speaker 1: That it would launch.
Speaker 2: It is not famil it, which would mean that you know, it's probably not gonna go great.
Speaker 1: But that's not for me. I'm into the white water rafting and the hiking and the mountain climbing and all that kind of cool stuff that you guys are doing. But the sky having no.
Speaker 2: Pause what I'm into mountain climbing. What mountain have you climbed, Scott, I've climbed Mount Bushkill. Okay, now you're just saying things.
Speaker 1: There were steps, No, there were steps, but okay, so that's that hiking you did go melt to climbing. All I'm saying is I'm i would love to do all the things that you're doing. I'm extremely jealous, except for the sky dobbing. That's all. I would like to experience all the things you are experiencing. And so I'm jealous of you guys. Well, we wish you were here. You don't and the delight sucks this delay? Oh god, Scott's having a.
Speaker 3: Melting the bandwidth steelers.
Speaker 1: Anyway, band with bandits. People are starting to get upset listening to this because it's it's annoying them, So I think maybe we should wrap it.
Speaker 2: This is where Scott does his thing, where everybody's saying it, but nobody's saying it. So yes, of course we can end this or Scott.
Speaker 1: What is what's behind you? Is that an axe hanging on the wall?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Tell about my sticks?
Speaker 1: Oh, there's sticks.
Speaker 2: Sandy picks up sticks. She loves sticks.
Speaker 1: So this is a walking stick? Oh wow, that looks like it was made in a shop. And sure, what is that a Is that a headlamp behind you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they gave us a lamp. There's some binoculars. Gandhi picked up a whole bunch of sticks. I have a question all of her sticks. So when you have to put gas on the RV? How much does it cost to fill up once in the RV? One hundred and fifty dollars? No, I'd say about one hundred eight really, yeah, it's not too bad. Oh, this is show and tell. This is Gandhi sticks.
Speaker 1: Can you start a fire please?
Speaker 2: So Gandhi probably could start a fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, not with these These are treasures.
Speaker 5: Okay, So first of all, I got a piece of sequoia that had been burned.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 5: It's shiny and black. You can make eyeshadow out of it? Is yeah, from a forest fire, right things, Yes, forest fire got that treasure. Then we discovered there's something called bark beetles. Bark beetles take little pieces of bark or whatever sticks on the ground and they basically make this crazy path, like burrowing their way through it. Look how cool this stuff looks. It almost looks like somebody carved it perfectly.
Speaker 1: I tell you what would be cool, though, is if Andrew was actually recording this then people could see it. But that does look really cool.
Speaker 5: Oh oh no, okay, well I picked up a bunch of these sticks and they're all laughing. But people are gonna love my sticks. I mean carrying my sticks around for days.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 1: So how much further do you have to I have piles? How much further do you have to drive until you were at your destination?
Speaker 5: I think we've still got like four or five hundred miles left before we actually get to San Francisco and then we fly back from there, so.
Speaker 1: You return the RV in San Francisco and then you head back.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's exactly what we're gonna do. And I mean Yosemite is so huge, and that these parks are so big. There's so much stuff to do here. So it's not like we're gonna be the same exaspot, you know somebody the whole time. We're gonna be traveling around and doing all kinds of different things. We're actually taking an archery class, and I'm really excited to see how these two.
Speaker 3: Do with bows and arrows.
Speaker 1: I would stay away from diamond with a bow and an arrow. Where is she, by the way, she's sleeping, still, without.
Speaker 3: A doubt, she's sleeping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, sorry, she's been really excited to see though.
Speaker 3: Every time you're on the zoom camera, she's like, it's good.
Speaker 1: A hello, I love your swimming video. That was the coolest thing. Now I'm going to go to the beach with her and take her in the ocean when she gets home. I'm very excited, I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And we got it really hyped up because we told her how much easier it is to float in the ocean than it is to float in a pool. And since she mastered the float in a pool, she's gonna nail.
Speaker 3: It in the ocean.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of her.
Speaker 5: I think she's just a happy guy. Oh, Andrew's beck and bleeding. I'm proud of her too.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Why are you bleeding? Bleeding? All right? Well, I mean this is super exciting. I was hoping you guys would be driving, but I guess not. So. Thank you for listening to boll chat. Great. Yes, I mean, is there anything else we want to talk about? Because the delay is deafening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all good.
Speaker 1: We can end it. You wanted to do it like this, Andrew, I wanted to record another one before you left, but you were like, no, you know you can take out the gaps, right Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Andrew is a purist. There's no editing allowed. It gets sent out the way that it's recorded.
Speaker 5: No way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Scott as well. Scott at its serial Killers, but he chooses not to do this one because he says there's there's no reason for it.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, well, just make sure you really describe how cool my sticks are.
Speaker 3: Since no one can see them.
Speaker 1: The sticks are beautiful. They look like little caterpillars have like crawled through them and made little paths as they ate the wood and crapped it out on the other end, why are you bleeding? What is going on?
Speaker 2: I have a scab and I hurt my scab.
Speaker 1: I do have one other thing to say. If I was on the road with you, I would not adhere to the bathroom rule because you're basically in a moving house, you're supposed to go to the bathroom. You guys are all just like I don't want to empty the tank. I'm not emptying the tank. Who cares? Just stuck the p out of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we could end this all right, clink.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, I gotta get the ball. Thanks for listening to the most interesting No, thank you for listening to the most boring episode of bol Chat ever. It was supposed to be exciting with adventure stories and all these things, but it's just it is what it is, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for being a Debbie downer.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, oh, thanks for listening to bowl Chat. Please follow us on all social platforms if you'd like Serial Killers PC and make sure you listen to us on Monday with an all new Serial Killers with special guests Danielle She'll be back. Yay, okay, that sounds great. Let's get out of here. Thanks for listening, Say clink, Andrew clink click right, All right, Well thanks guys. It's been it's been real.
Speaker 2: It's been nice. It's been real nice, Scott.
Speaker 1: It hasn't been any of those things. But I can't wait for you to come home. Oh okay, love you guys. Bye, let's see it