Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can, because, let's be honest, for in Earth school is hard.
Speaker 2: In fact, you taught me that let's crush Earth school together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my witchy ophoo, what in the hell is going on with you?
Speaker 2: Just contemplating the universe as one does right?
Speaker 1: Well, that and you know, stuggling with my dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those two things are not mutually exclusive.
Speaker 1: No they're not. It's actually funny because you know, I walked the gy every day in the neighborhood. That's how I've met people, and we've made a lot of friends and met a lot of other dogs. And there was this woman who's so sweet. We were walking home and this woman goes, aren't they just magnificent? Oh? And she goes, aren't they just incredible. She's like, I just don't know what I'd do without. I mean, she didn't even say hello to me. It was like, it's just magnificent. And it's like, yeah, they are. That's why I think that, you know, Homer was once my dad. But that's a whole other topic. They will get into. Well we've gotten into, but you never know, we might get into it some other time, maybe today again. Anyway, So we have an amazing existential, mind blowing question and I have the best listeners rights ever that are so thoughtful and so fun, so fun, and it's you know, it's if you if you sit quietly long enough and kind of think about some of this, this is a really, I think, a really magnificent question because you know, we we are here in these these human suits and which limit sometimes us and how we think, and so this was really impressive. So without further ado, I will read this question from Jesse Kapp. Hey, guys, I have a question. I promise I'm not high. Okay, to be honest with you, it's like we actually wanted to name this one. Hi. We're not high either, So Jesse Ken, you know that was one of the options that we were working with she goes on and says, if everyone has always existed because we are infinite beings, then how are their souls that are older than other souls? So that's part one. There's lots of parts here, thank you, Jessica. The other then she goes on and says, doesn't that mean a soul has to have a beginning? Part two? Great question? Or do the souls just chill out for a few millennia while other souls get started first? But then that goes back to their being a beginning, which isn't a thing if everything is infinite. Help. Thanks love Jesse kat Well, Jesse kat we love you. This is a magnificent question that I mean, Listen, I've sat around and wondered where was my beginning? Where did I start? How early I'm aware of like some past live action back in the Egyptian days, but like what it was, Atlantis a part of it. It's all crazy stuff. And then I think the whole new souls, which I actually think people use. I know I'm still talking. I should be stopping right now and let you know, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: It's such a great question, right, that's how you's a great question. You can just around it, right.
Speaker 1: But here's what makes me crazy, is, uh, somehow humans always try to find a way to be superior, and people like to use an insult saying, oh, well, they're just a young soul. You know. I've heard people say that, or it's like, well, you know, I'm an old soul. You know, that's like about as Kooth is saying I'm a shaman. You know, you just saying it like that, that's right, right, And so I think you know you did as we were, you know, kind of prepping for this. You actually did a little trick with me, asking me a series of questions to make the point of kind of soul soul level existence whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: Right time doesn't exist in soul age, is how I would say it. So when you were coming at me with these questions expanding.
Speaker 1: Upon coming at you gently, coming up.
Speaker 2: Just with curiosity, right, like what about this? And what about this? And what about this? Right? An elf special curiosity factor, And so that jesse Kat's beautiful questions spurred. And what the analogy that I used, and again it's just an analogy, but I asked you the question that said, you know, at what point did you decide to declare your interest and passion for marketing.
Speaker 1: When I was my first two years ago you Yeah, I was in the journalism school yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you're like, this is what I'm going to do. Like this speaks to me, right, And I'm assuming that you had peers who were also like, yeah, let's do that. That's cool, let's do that. I did, yeah, yeah, yeah. And then you change schools, right I did.
Speaker 1: I went to SMU and then yeah, and when I went there, I had already declared my major as advertising, so yes.
Speaker 2: And so you had new peers, right, that were also interested in advertising, and so there they are peers because you're in a structured program and you know, you're all studying and having your own experience. But then you graduate and you go out into the world, and when you're in the world, you start taking assignments and roles and working with different companies. And I'm sure at some point, like you came back in contact with you or studying peers, correct.
Speaker 1: I did. Yep. Still friends with some of them.
Speaker 2: And some of them actually took work in marketing areas, correct, Yeah, almost all of them, almost all of them. Okay, then some of them did, right, some of them, did they went on something else?
Speaker 1: Law school?
Speaker 2: But yes, a natural segue, but that's another podcast. Okay, So you've got some peers, you know, and then you kept accelerating and expanding your skill set as a marketer as you went to different industries and different companies and different markets across the globe. Yes, right, And so some of those souls or people who were your peers at OU or SMU, did they perform at the same levels in the same organizations, in the same industries as.
Speaker 1: You, not necessarily, No, not all of them. Yeah you did really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah yeah. Okay, so suddenly we have what can look like. And again I want to be really clear when we're talking about sole expression, we're not talking about economics, We're not talking about societal hierarchy, We're not talking about any of that. We're talking about expression and expansion. How do we continue to learn and channel the divine right, our divine self, like, how do we bring that to the planet. That's what I'm defining a sole expression. Other people would define it differently, But for this working and extended analogy, that's I'm asking you to define it. And so for the people who went on to law school. From a marketing perspective, they did not continue to advance in the marketing as right, they.
Speaker 1: Chose another path.
Speaker 2: So there you're going to look like an older marketing soul compared to them, right, correct, to the people who dropped out and went to do a startup, right, they may have ended up being incredible marketers because as a startup you have to wear all hats, right, seriously, right, But it's going to look different, right, right, It's going to look different. So in a traditional marketing role, they may not be as competitive, but they still knew how to do the ground, you know, so they would be like, you know, I do okay in the marketing right. So, but but my my point is that what you practice, what you double down on, what you continue to expand and be curious and learn and challenge yourself to express over and over and over. That's what traditionally we refer to as an old soul. It's not a chronological thing because time doesn't exist in the spirit world.
Speaker 1: So yeah, And the other thing is that there's a lot of stuff I didn't do. I like, this is the example of a path that I was very committed to. I had a lot of people you know ask me, it's like, well, how are you able to do this kind of thing? And you know, for a long time I wondered the same thing. You know, my right voice, right time, whatever it may be. But you know, my my more adult answer to it is I was curious. I found something that I was very curious. I loved working from a blank page. I love not sitting in somebody else's seat. And I worked hard, right or long hours hard, and I loved it. And so yeah, I see how and on that path that would you know, on the live scorecard be like okay, check, yeah, right right, I get that right.
Speaker 2: But we look at we look at things through different lenses. So if we're looking just at the marketing lens, and obviously you've expected you have expanded and expressed and experienced far beyond just the marketing lens. But it was just that example, that analogy that I thought was accessible that when we look at through a marketing lens, you look like an old soul compared to someone who did it for two years and then switched whatever.
Speaker 1: Here's exactly right, because this was something that my soul wanted to pursue, and I listened and it was about creation right where there. Yeah, and there's I think also some people came in and like my sister in law, by the way, phenomenal mother, phenomenal just she and my brother have three kids, and she loves those kids more than I don't even know you have much more. You could love those kids than anything else. And that's what she said, Like from when she was young, she wanted she wanted to be a mom. That was her thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again this is like the direction your soul tells you what to do. But this is just an analogy of how when we think so it's not I'm related, is my point? These old souls soul and when people you know, roll their eyes, Oh my god, I'm just such a new soul. Like that's it's snarky. It's fun, it's playful, but it's not really a thing that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of assholy too, because a lot of people use it as an insult. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: It is a little snarky, but you know, it can be a giggle or whatever. But my point stands, So your point totally stands. Yes, So that's how I invite people to think about it. And we'll take a little break and come back to address just cats incredibly insightful questions and welcome back.
Speaker 1: Whooo all right, gid it up, folks, We're gonna keep going here because I have thought about this and I'm just gonna express how I thought about it, and then, in typical form, Burnd is going to correct me. So because I I love this. Got a second piece that she has about does it? It's because she in the middle says, doesn't that mean a soul has to have a beginning? Or do the souls just chill out for a few millennia while other souls get started first? But then it goes back to their being a beginning, which isn't a thing if everything is infinite. Okay, So I have actually thought about this weirdly, and my analogies are not as eloquent as yours. Mine are sometimes stupid, but it gets the point across. So you know, I may you know they had just discovered a footprint, a fossil footprint here in New Mexico, and they carbon dated it to twenty one thousand years ago and likely not a time when there were a lot of humans on the planet.
Speaker 2: So also when it goes in that's a significant difference for people.
Speaker 1: Right, and you know, we only know what from a logic standpoint, what science has told us. We think we know that the Earth was formed roughly four billion years ago, and then here's a footprint twenty one thousand years ago. Right, there's a lot of time, right, right, there's a lot of time. There are theories of you know, Atlantis lost civilizations. But even in those thoughts that in my head to Jesse Katz kind of question endpoint at the same time is are their souls waiting? And I've always kind of imagined this warehouse and back in the days where there weren't a lot of humans to embody, the souls that they were kind of were waiting, I think in this kind of packed warehouse. But then you have so fast forward the twenty one thousand years from this footprint, because again this is what science has sold us. We've asked forward to that. And now we have billions of humans on the planet. And since you told me we can't cross over species like Homer being my dad had to find a way to bring it up again that you know, that warehouse seems a little less full to me. Now, you know, can other souls be created? Oh? Maybe do they? You know? Can they come from other planets? Sure? Why not? You know who says right? So I don't know if I really said anything except that, you know, is there a soul warehouse or is there a soul factory? If we're credit, is there a soul factory? I don't know. In Detroit that's where the factories are, or in China more factories. Where in the world would the sole factory be? I like Detroit personally, So I don't know, like, but that's my vision. And again I try to use some science to think kind of like, you know, kind of make little hashes for different times in four billion years, and lately the closest one we have for people is twenty one thousand years ago. Yeah, So I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Like that?
Speaker 1: So there there's a whole bunch enough in y'all I'm thinking about.
Speaker 2: Well, I love the curiosity and the creativity because that's always fun. And there's a lot we don't know, and my limited understanding because I am embodied in human right, so we have a very limited perspective. But there is you know, a sort of starter kit, shall we call it for souls, Like there's the starter kit for the was it the yeast bread everybody made during the time. Yes, I'm talking about right. So like there's a starter kit and it's a creation process like Stardust.
Speaker 1: Can we say it's like a startup?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: We can say started starter kit. Sorry, I'm just visualizing my creative healve, right, So we start with what we start with, and the process itself is creative, so it's going to continue to generate. That's what the process does. And how that creative process gets influenced or stoked up or slowed down depends on what's happening here on earth. Does that make sense? It totally makes us guess a question I can ask.
Speaker 2: Because it's just a continuum, right, the recycling and the reincarnation, and so it's just continuum. What happens in spare what happens in Earth, that's as above so below right, That's where that axiom comes from. So what's your question?
Speaker 1: Okay? My question is because I always have to refer to entertainment. You know, there have been there's actually been music and I just saw documentary recently and it was some really messed up kind of cult thing called the Twin Flame whatever it was. And then there's songs that have twin because the way they explain it is like, oh, well your soul was split and then you found the other half to your soul. It's like, okay, a, I've never believed in that. I never have. Maybe it's true, so maybe you can convert me. But it's like, I don't know how we could split. Okay, So it's not a thing. Brenda was shaking her head, y'all.
Speaker 2: See, yeah, sorry, it is a poet. I have to talk. Okay, Okay, that's right.
Speaker 1: This is not for you.
Speaker 2: This is a popular concept and I understand where it comes from.
Speaker 1: But the.
Speaker 2: Union is a choice activated with love and a connection with each other. It's not one soul actually split.
Speaker 1: Right Because the song, just so everybody knows, is Headwig and the Angry Inch. It's kind of a gay cult film. It's also became a play in New York and there's a song in there about being split and coming back together, and it's like I remember hearing it and I'm like, nope, nope. And then I watched this twin flame thing and they were by the end, if you ever watched it, they were clearly full of fucking shit. So I didn't believe in the first place, but then at the end, finally they kind of brought everybody along with him, like, no, this isn't a thing. They were trying to make money and scam people.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I never saw the show, so I can't speak to that. But what I will say is when people share a deep love here in our school and then someone one of those to leave early, when you come back together, it can feel like, oh, I finally you know, in another lifetime, when you read were reunited, it can feel like, oh I feel whole again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a sole family thing to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember this, I remember it. So it's a beloved reunion, which is very sacred and it's very beautiful. But it's not the same thing as the core essence that is you being split into bingo.
Speaker 1: That's it. And you also could be a part of being made up of stardust. I mean, who says that this is the only planet that can inhabit something that can inhabit house the soul right now?
Speaker 2: And Carl Sagen would say that we are made of stardust right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, but who knows. Like so, even before the Earth four billion years ago, the whole thing that happened. Like I read a whole thing about how it was an asteroid hit a chunk of what became the moon, you know, like all these like really this science is kind of incredible, but who says that pre that there wasn't something else? So just cat really fabulous And no, we don't think you're high. And even if you were, still a great question you got there. It's really fabulous. So we are going to take a break. I think we should take a break.
Speaker 2: And welcome back from my ELF's break.
Speaker 1: Okay, So speaking of this whole soul warehouse, soul factory, not soul splitting. One thing that you've said to me that absolutely blew my mind. We're going deeper than what Jesse asked right now, y'all. You had said that if our soul was our whole soul was in our body, our body would explode because the energy, the vibration would be so high. So there's only a part of our piece that is in our physical body right now, right, And so where's the rest of the Brenda soul? What's it doing?
Speaker 2: Well, the soul that has chosen to send a beam to incarnate as Brenda. Right, So that's how we would think about it, because it's the soul actually isn't named Brenda.
Speaker 1: It's just this we are today. It's named Brenda. Okay, Okay, labels right, Okay. So this.
Speaker 2: So your core essence has opportunity to do all kinds of things at the same time because your soul isn't embodied, so it's not limited by its physical presence. Right, So this element of you know, your soul can be off on other dimensions.
Speaker 1: An island, oh, like survivor you're on an island.
Speaker 2: An island is a dimension, that's true. But I'm thinking not in our school. Oh my god, myth is snorting. We're not going to get this back people, amazing, Oh my god. So we have other things to work on, other things we can contribute to. We can be greeting human you know, people who have left our school and showing up in the spirit world, and we can be greeting them, healing them, helping them, guiding them, holding space. We can be inspiring people, coaching humans right on earth. We can be literally in other dimensions that we are not familiar with as humans, but as a soul we have complete access to. So this is you know, the multiverse world that that is absolutely an option.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it don't be shocked, but it reminds me of a TV show. Now here's what it is. It's really interesting.
Speaker 2: I have to sit down now, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sid you'd sit down and take some notes. So, and I just finished watching the series recently. It's on Amazon Prime and it's called Man in the High Castle, and it's really fascinating because it is it's kind of in that what if category. I love like what if this kind of thing. Like there was the movie that was Quentin Tarantino made called Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and it was a what if the Manson family went to the wrong house kind of a what if? So right, it was great because at the end of it, sorry everybody should have seen it by now, but at the end of it you see Sharon Tate walking down a driveway going, hey, what happened last night? Because a man's and family went next door to her? Wild? Right, And so this is a what if? And this is what if In World War Two that the US lost and the western part of the United States was actually run actually Japan, and then the eastern part was Germany. The Nazi Nazi Germany. And then then there's a little sliver which actually where I live now is kind of in the snow Man's Land, which is kind of fun, but it's wild and reckless. But here's the thing that through the the whole idea. The man in the in the High Castle has videos of alternate realities, same players, same people, of times when it didn't happen, where the US wasn't split like this, like it was a multiverse.
Speaker 2: There are times and not a continuum. It's a curl.
Speaker 1: It's a portal. Yes, that's exactly what it is. I haven't but that's yeah. Well you might have written it as somebody made it and it was really Scott, so it doesn't surprise me because he likes to do stuff like this. But it was really interesting. So if anybody wants to kind of watch something. The reason I bring it up is just to really offer to people that there's a there's there's something out there that I think there's a really nice job of not only the what if but in this kind of multiverse idea, And very soon you'll figure out who our heroine is in this and how it's kind of up to her to figure some stuff out. But it's really fascinating because it is very multi I was. I kind of made Susanne watch it, and she was like, what are you making me watch? I go just keep watching, And toward the end of it, we were having these great conversations, these existential conversations about these like living in different universes. This one happened to all be kind of on the earth plane because it's kind of hard to shoot things that are Yes, it's kind of hard to you know, shoot things on your ainus, so you know, I have to get that in, I know. But anyway, it is it's a fascinating thing to think about a sprinkle of our soul is here with us, and how busy it is doing other things. It's kind of awesome. And anyway, so I Jesse Kat, you absolutely made my day by asking this question. I think you made Brenda's day as well, because it's a pontificate. We get a pontificate because here's their thing. We don't know. We don't know, Yep, we don't know. We will explore, you know, there's things that we believe, but hell, we don't know. We're not going to know till we go back home. But right now, these are really, there's far better way to spend your time contemplating and thinking than it is on a lot of other subjects. Because this is just it's interesting. I have conversations. What are possibilities? So if anybody does have the answer, reach out because we'd like to know too.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we thank you Jesse Katt and listening. I remember our school is.
Speaker 1: Hard without Jesse Katt on the other side. Absolutely, thanks shall thanks and thanks us again.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey Patt and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard, who guides us while we guide.
Speaker 1: You hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at high Hi at vibes dot store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, we want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories.
Speaker 1: And remember, our school is hard without the other Side. Insider's Guide to the Other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.