Speaker 1: Wonder pull Cats, old.
Speaker 2: All right series win, gotta like it, Welcome back Everybody. Game one hundred and twelve for the Yankees is in the books. They take this one two to one over the Cubs. They win the Rubber Game. So I would start for Garrett Cole, big two run home run by Jose Cabaliro, and the Yankees are apparently finalizing a couple of trades. It sounds like Luis Garcia Junior and Adlie Rushman could be Yankees before too long. We'll talk about all of that as we go through this tonight, but I gotta start with Austin Wells and giving him credit for the Thurman Munson inspired catcher's gear today. I thought that was a really really classy move. Nice job. He also went with the fu Man chew, which was great, very classy. I never got to see Thurman play, obviously. They lost Thurman and Night teen seventy nine on this date. My brother Mike shout out to Mike was a big, big Thurman Munson fan, and he still talks about how good Thurman was to this day. I never got to see him. I wish I could have another good way to honor Thurman. Would have been with a couple of hits, but did not work out that way for Austin Wells Oh for one, today he did draw a walk, but hitting one sixty one, and that is part of the reason why, you know, maybe as of tomorrow his days as the starting catcher could be finished. Yankees offense was pretty much the story, not only in the series but on the road trip. I don't know how they went six and four on this trip, scoring a few runs as they did. Garrett Cole gets the w today, and with the trade deadline kind of hanging over everything, kind of like when someone farts in an elevator and it just kind of hangs there in the air until the doors open up. You know, this was a tense series. Anybody could be gone at any time, and Yankees still managed to win two out of three. Jose Cabira with the big swing today. David Bednar gets another save. He's got twenty four saves and he's been great lately.
Speaker 1: He's got titanium nuts.
Speaker 2: Trek Scoubell is headed to the Dodgers. I'm sure we'll talk about that a little bit as the show goes along. Terrence and I last night were certain that he was gonna go to Milwaukee because it sounded like Milwaukee was close, and it kind of had that vibe of when they went out and got CC Sabathia back in two thousand and eight before he signed with the Yankees. And so it was a little bit of a surprise when I got the tweet last night from Jeff Passing, but not that much of a surprise. But hey, it's good to see that the scrappy Dodgers finally have something good going for him. Anyway, let's get to the good, bad and the ugly in this one. Checking on the offense. So cab i Ro destroyed a two run home run. That's career best eleven home runs for him. Ryan McMahon hit a rope, Rosario had a hit, Domingus had an opposite field single. But other than that, not much good today. Ben Rice is in a little bit of a slump. He is down to two sixty six. As they mentioned on the broadcast numerous times today, He's been facing a lot of lefties and you see today he took the silver sombrero with three strikeouts. Tough day for mister Ben Rice. Spencer Jones had a tough day. He went oh for four after a couple of home runs in this series, and Jazz Chisholm continues to really really struggle for the Cubs. Pete Crow Armstrong had three walks today but did not pick up a knock. Say A Suzuki had a multi hit game. Bush had a good game, Bragman had a tough day. Hap drew walk, Horner had a base hit. Ramirez went oh for three with a walk and a steal, Swanson went oh for four, Amaya oh for three, and kenfordo oh for one. That is the good, the bad, and the ugly. But uh, let's get to the nitty gritty so we can. I'll talk trades because that's what I know everybody wants to get to. So I'll blow through this. And you know, I haven't given out the belt yet. I haven't decided I'm going to write it down right now. I'm going to quietly work on this by myself, and we're gonna pick somebody and it will be a surprise because there's a lot of good candidates today. Obviously, Garrett Cole threw the ball well, you had Brent Hedrick following him up. You had the two run home run by cab I Row what name am I writing in? Let me know in the comments who we're giving it out to, and boom, it's set. It's done. So when we reveal the belt, that will be breaking news in just a few minutes. The Cabby Arrow home run was destroyed four hundred and seven feet with the wind blowing in scrappy player. He's done a nice job. It's funny we're not hearing much about the Yankees getting a short stop. I think they're leading more into Lombard Junior coming up. Lombard Junior hit another home run. He has been on base a ton, I believe they said like twenty five straight games. He went four for five today versus the Iowa Cubs with three RBIs. He's hitting two fifty five with six home runs and eighteen RBIs and an eight to fifteen OPS. So no home runs today apparently, but I thought I saw one. Might have been from yesterday. Anyway. He had been cold over his last five games. But four hits today for mister Lombard. We could see him up after the trade deadline. We'll see in the sixth inning, runners on first and second, fly ball to right field and Jason Dominguez air mailed the cutoff man instead of hitting, you know, making a reasonable throw, we're going to second with it, and that allowed the go ahead run to get to second base. He tried to throw out one of the fastest guys in baseball going from second to third, which is the longest throw you can possibly make anyway, And so I think that was a dumb move. Jason. Look, I think he's got two pretty good swings. Now. We saw a nice opposite field single today. He's been hitting better from the right side against lefties. But this guy is an absolute abomination in the outfield, an absolute abomination. They should make the minor leaguers in the Yankee system watch baseball games right or or even like play MLB the Show or something. We got. Okay, so the breaking news. The Yankees have made a deal for Luis Garcia Junior. This is from Jeff Passon. This is breaking news. We're gonna pull Garcia up here and take a look at his numbers because this is a move where you're getting a basically a platoon player, and we'll dive more into him in just a minute. But twenty three home runs, two eighty three average, eight seventy three ops and he hits much better against righty's then against lefties. He's a first baseman slash DH, so it's an interesting move. He'll probably play first base or DH against righty's, and then against lefties you go with either gold Schmidt or Stanton when Stanton is ultimately back. But we'll visit this in just a minute. So welcome to the Yankees. Luis Garcia Junior is breaking news. He mashes, so that's good. I wanted to give a shout out to Brent Hedrick, who pitched out of a bases loaded jam with Garrett Cole leaving some runners on. It was three to zero in the count and he came back to get the hitter. I thought that was a really, really big moment in the game. Bednar threw the ball well today and the bullpen did its job. Yankees only got two runs, but they managed to squeak out the victory over wins yik and if somebody can keep an eye on who we got back as prospects in this trade deadline, I'm in this trade for Garcia. I'll try and keep an eye on it. I'm not seeing exactly who has been moved, but this is according to Jeff passon and I'll share the screen. Right now. The Yankees are acquiring infielder Luis Garcia Junior from the Washington National sources tele ESPN. Garcia, twenty six, leads the National League in slugging percentage and is hitting two eighty three with a three thirteen on a base percentage and a five to sixty slugging percentage and twenty three home runs. He's under club control through the end of next season, if there is a next season. Thanks a lot to the La Dodgers belt today, Brent Hedrick got out of a huge jam. Nice job by head. It's number forty seven. First belt of the year. I believe we can look through the belt standings. We haven't done that in a while. Bellinger is your leader with eight. Last year's champion Jazz only has five, cab i Ro has four. As we move further down, Domingez with two, Volpie with two, Stanton and Judge each with two, and Frankie Baseball with one. How about that? But first belt of the season for Brent Hedrick. Nice job. Okay, I've got to update my lower third here just for the people who are joining. The Yankees have acquired Luis Garcia Junior. He is a first baseman slash DH for the Washington Nationals, now for the Yankees. And let me just update this real quick and we'll have some fresh breaking news. Sorry for the delay, We're trying to get you some updates in real time. Okay, let's talk about this trade here, all right. So Luis Garcia headed to the Yankees four prospects. We do not know exactly who the prospects are yet. I will find out as soon as I can. Frankie Baseball is on it. He is in the chat. By the way, Frankie Baseball also on the block. We had a deal arranged with the Snake's territory, but Frankie failed the physical unfortunately, and so we're stuck with him for now. But any takers out there, all we're looking for is a pt BNL podcaster to be named later. Shout out to Frankie Baseball in the prospects in the chat. Okay, So Luis Garcia Junior, let's talk about him. This is a big, big move. Statistically, he's somewhat similar to Ben Rice, big time power from the left side. He's first baseman slash. He's played a little bit of second base He's hitting two eighty three with twenty three home runs and seventy six RBIs and a eight seventy three OPS overall. I'll share some of his splits with you real quick versus lefties, hitting just two eighteen with three home runs and twelve RBIs in a six twenty eight OPS. That leads you to believe this is going to be a platoon move. He will be in there to help the Yankees against right handed pitching, which he absolutely mashes to a tune of a nine eighteen OPS and twenty home runs versus just right He's hitting two ninety five, so a little bit of average, and look at the strikeout percentage only fifteen point eight percent versus lefties, it's still not that bad. Nineteen point three percent. That's lower than a lot of Yankees. So he makes contact in close and late situations. He's been known to get the big hit too, hitting three fourteen in those situations with runners in scoring position. I love this. He is hitting three thirty.
Speaker 1: And he's only.
Speaker 2: Struck out thirteen percent of the time in ninety eight played appearances. I love that this is a guy who obviously has an approach with runners in scoring position, and apparently hits better at home than at the Nationals Ballpark. He hit two sixty one with an eight h three OPS at Washington and then on the road hitting three oh six with twelve home runs and forty three RBIs. Let's break down his monthly numbers. So in March and April he hit two fifty three with a six forty six OPS. Much better in May two eighty eight, four home runs, fourteen RBIs. In June absolutely blistering, he hit three oh six with eleven home runs and twenty seven RBIs and a one point one two eight OPS. In July two ninety two seven home runs, nineteen RBIs, a nine to forty one OPS, and so far in August just one for four. This is a guy who in his career has eighty one career home runs. Take a look at his season logs because this is probably his best year. So you go back to last sear he's in only sixteen home runs, so he's already blown past that. So this is the guy who does what a lot of Yankees prospects don't do, which is improve and back to twenty twenty four eighteen home runs two eighty two average. So he's always kind of made contact, just a sixteen percent strikeout percentage back then back in twenty twenty three, even lower strikeout percentage to sixty six average six eighty nine. Oh ps, he's been around for a while, you know. If he's been up since twenty since twenty twenty and it's twenty twenty six now, it means he must have come up as a teenager if he's just twenty six years old. But welcome to the Yankees, Luis Garcia Junior. The way I view this is he's probably going to against ridies again, be the DH or first baseman. It also gives you the opportunity to, you know, keep Ben's Ben Rice's bat a little bit more fresh, keep his legs a little bit more fresh, play him at DH, and then when Stanton comes back, one of them will sit against lefties, probably Garcia because Ben Rice has actually had a little bit of success against lefties, although lately not so much. And then you still have Goldschmidt, although we'll see what this spells for Goldsmith. The roster is going to be reconstructioned, reconstructed, reconfigured a little bit over the next few days. But welcome to Luis Garcia. This is a big deal and I want to know who was dealt in this move. In this move, so let me know if you find out in the chat. We'll find out soon. But we got a number of super chats here. Clarkster says Ironballs Bednar should get the belt with the four out save, I gave it to Hendrick. Hendrick also has titanium nuts. He's got nuts, Frank Bednar belt for holding it down. So maybe I missed Maybe this was a missed arrow for me. Jack Herps says to me, I guess brain dead fielder Wells when he makes a wrong ABS challenge is the worst ever. Volpie should all pack their bags tonight eight. But all right, appreciate the chats everybody. Let's take a look at the division snapshot. So the Rays lost to the White Sox nine to one today, which means the Yankees pull back to within two and a half games, so that is good to see. And Orioles down eight nothing to the Phillies, Blue Jays down five to one to the Cards, Red Sox and Dodgers tonight. Red Sox have been absolutely on fire. I don't think we took much of a look at Garrett Cole today, back to the Fitcher spotlight. We're all discombobulated, all out of order today, but we have got to talk about Garrett Cole because he threw the ball pretty well. I thought that he was a gutsy. This is a gritty performance for Garrett Cole today. First three innings were dominating. He ran into some hard hit balls. In the fourth double over Grisham's head in center field, line drive single that fell in front of do Mingez. He was able to get a big around the horn double play to kind of get out of a could have been a potential rally. He only round allowed one run on four hits over five and two thirds innings. The stuff was obviously still there topped out at ninety eight point seven. The issue for me today was efficiency. He needed ninety nine pitches to record seventeen outs. Although he did throw strikes, he was getting ahead of guys, but he walked three hitters and he had two innings that were pretty labor intensive. It took twenty one pitches to get through the first inning, it took twenty six pitches to get through the six and he didn't even finish getting through the sixth. But he got ahead of hitters sixteen out of the twenty three hitters. He threw a first pitch strike. The change up I thought was today. Through fourteen change ups, the slider was getting hit pretty hard. All three balls in play against the slider were classified as hard hit. So this was an encouraging sign because it was a gutsy per performance. He kept the ball in the ballpark. Nice job. I'm gonna go ahead and give him his flowers, all right, I need a breath of fresh air. Quick word from Ken Rosenthalden back to take some voicemails and talk about these further.
Speaker 3: Var There is one place to be on trade deadline day watching Foul Territory of course.
Speaker 1: A j.
Speaker 3: Perdinski, Eric Kratz and Scott Braun will be live all afternoon speaking with insiders, reading tea leaves and reacting to unfolding deadline drama. Join us on the FT YouTube channel at one pm ET and stay locked in through the six pm deadline next Monday. Foul Territory Network. It's baseball the way it should be covered, okay, and.
Speaker 2: We have some updates here and Frankie, you can cut this together with the other clip and we'll put out a separate clip that breaks all of this down. The Nationals. We'll receive right handed pitcher Ben grabl right handed pitcher Jovanni Cruz, who just got called back up, Jack Siebert, and Jake Bird. Bye bye, Birdie. I'm not gonna miss Jake Bird. I'm sorry. I apologize to Jake Bird and his family. I will not miss him at all. Here's another call.
Speaker 4: Hey, Derek Matt here from California. It is absolutely insane that the only way the Yankees scorre is home runs.
Speaker 2: That's insane. I mean, if they win, cool, but they.
Speaker 4: Got to figure that out. Man.
Speaker 1: I started getting those guys in with hits. That's nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean not a ton of hits today. Multi hit game for Cab I arrow. I think that was the only multi hit game that the Yankees had. I mean, would they have five hits today? That's all we got five dang on hit Yeah, five hits. Cubs only had four hits. Like I was saying the other day, offense is just down across baseball, and it's it's kind of made the game a little bit less interesting in my opinion. I miss having more offense. I mean, the fact is pitchers are so good right now. Everybody throws gas. Everybody's got pitch labs and just tunneling and all this stuff. I mean, that's just the way the game has evolved. I liked some of the ideas that you guys had the other day of making the game a little bit more offensively aligned. I like the idea of shrinking the strike zone a little bit. Maybe you shrink the strike zone fifteen or twenty percent across all directions. Force the pitchers, even though they're gonna have nasty stuff, to throw the ball over the plate. I also like the idea of going to less pitchers on the pitching staff, because that could force pitchers to stay in there when they're a little bit tired. It could force you to, uh, you know, maybe go to less matchups and to maybe use righty's against the lefty or lefties against a righty in a situation where you normally would go to, you know, to make another move. Here's Spike, Derek Spike from the Jersey.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the game and we're winning right now, and I'm still feeling like I'm feeling pain watching this game. It's like every Yankee at BET, It's like pop out or strike out, pop out, strikeout, strikeouts, strike out, pop out, pop out, strikeout, pop out, pop out, pop out, pop out, or a home run. It's just frustrating that we can't be like other teams and just string together a single and a double, maybe a strikeout then in a double. Something like that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the call. Pain feeling pain watching the Yankees win games.
Speaker 4: There's another call top of the seventh inning, one runner on, and they bring in the lefty specialists and Jazz is up, who'd already struck out four times last night, was zero for two tonight. Why do we not bring in gold Schmid to pinch hit right there, and then bring in Volpi to play short stop and move Cavierro over the.
Speaker 2: Second Interesting, it's an interesting question to go. I hate it when people call him baboo. I mean, look, the Yankees have been destroyed by injuries, and I'm as tough on Aaron Boone as anybody, but he's pushed enough of the right buttons. The Yankees are still in this without Garrett Cole, without Max Freed for damn near two months or maybe more than two months, you know, without Carlos Rodin for the bulk of the season. I don't know how, but with smoking mirrors, this team is still just two and a half games back from having the best record in the American League. As we're getting more notifications here, nothing new yet, but I'll let you know if any news breaks, and obviously we'll break in with fresh coverage as things happened. But Frankie, let's get a fresh video up there with the Louis Garcia news for those people who are just joining. Let's take a look at the game breakdown today. And it was just five hits for the Yanks today. That was the offensive story. Nine strikeouts, They left five men on base, they went over three with runners in scoring position. They struck out ten Cubs hitters. Ryan McMahon hit the hardest ball of the day and Garrett Cole ninety eight point seven with the top villa. Okay, let's take a few more voicemails. Here's Mary Beth, Eric, it's Mary Beth.
Speaker 1: We're going into the bottom of the ninth and I hope we win. I don't know how many times you can do this, but there won't be any more fans wet because they're killing us. They're killing us with this offense.
Speaker 3: Okay, Doll, I'll look forward to your show.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong, You're not wrong, Mary Beth. Here is Willie.
Speaker 1: Hey, Derek, this is Willy.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Dad is playing away, playing at the plate, so nobody would want him in a trade.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting that's an interesting thought there, Willie. Anyway, call in with your voicemails and thoughts on the Garcia trade. We're gonna do a morning pinstrike coffee break tomorrow deadline day. Take a look at any more moves that could be around the bend, and there's been talk about Adlee Rushman. The thought is that right now the Yankees are trying to base a deal around Ryan Weathers or Will Warren. I think I would make either one of those moves. But call in with your thoughts. Seven one, eight, eight, nine, nine, ten sixty eight. Rushman still on the il former franchise level prospect to the point where they covered him showing up to his first game like he was a rock star. But U has not really turned into that guy. Although he's a decent player. I liked it as a switch hitter and he's a good defender. But we'll see how it shakes out, ladies and gentlemen. Yankees win this one. Let's hear one more time from mister John Sterling.
Speaker 1: Oh name over Yankees wins yank.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, I'll see you as news breaks. Congrats to Luis Garcia Junior on becoming the latest Yankee. Tune in to Foul Territories coverage tomorrow. They got five hours of coverage. I'll be live a couple of times. I'll be live as news breaks. I'll be live in the morning. I think I'm gonna do eight o'clock in the morning a live deadline show, so call in for that, and then we'll do a six pm show and then obviously a postgame show. So it's gonna be a busy day tomorrow for mister Lewandowski. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Hey, thanks for watching. If you're new to the channel, do all the YouTube stuff like and subscribe. Also, we've got a store Nyy Designs dot shop. It's got all sorts of fun t shirts, mugs, hats. You can also get podcast merch at Pinstripe Territory shop dot com. We're also on every podcast platform, so go ahead and subscribe to the audio version as well, and give us five stars if you don't mind, if we earned it. We'll see you next time.