Speaker 1: They're two and eight in their last ten. They've lost six straight. The Angels have like you, you kind of put your team in this situation.
Speaker 2: Raiser Friday, Baby, let's do it. I missed some time. I'm back. Hey, Hey, you know what I really liked this week? Kratz the former player interviews. Let's get that going a little bit more again. I mean, this is actually a microcosm of how Major League Baseball works with most players while they're playing versus post playing career. Now, Tori had plenty of great stories while he was playing, and Jason Worth was a little on the quieter side when I covered him. He's not quiet anymore. So you get to see some extra personality come out once they're not worried about who's watching over them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the contracts that could be coming up, and I get it. You know, when Worth went to the Nationals, he could have been more out going in the media. He was plenty out going in the clubhouse. So that's how some guys see it. But I agree, get them out there.
Speaker 3: All day.
Speaker 4: Why not. We need more of that stuff. We need opportunities, We need guys to talk more about baseball how it used to be playing how it's playing now, and I know we give a lot of that, but more is always better.
Speaker 2: The thing is, when guys are playing, you got to be a little more careful. Some guys I think are too careful where it's like, dude, you don't have the owners not sitting there going let me play back every interview he's ever done. So I actually give credit because what we're about to talk about does include quite a few players and managers on the record talking about something that I think is super important in the game. So we're going to spend some time on it because it's sweeping through baseball news.
Speaker 3: Let's charge.
Speaker 2: Major League Baseball essentially shrink the strike zone and didn't tell anyone about it old umpires. As they have a new labor agreement with them, they'll claim they're following the same definition. That is true, but the way that they are grading umpires has changed. They have a buffer zone around the edges of the strike zone that has now shrunk significantly. They used to give them two inches of a buffer zone and now it's three quarters of an inch, so that in turn affects the accuracy of how they're graded, which in turn affects the way that the strike zone is being evaluated by umpires on a pitch by pitch basis. It has led to more overall accuracy. That's great. Eighty eight point two percent overall accuracy is the best we've seen in the stat Cast era, which tracks pitches like that. That era started in twenty sixteen when the number was eighty three point six. These are good things. Main problem here, Kratz, they forgot to tell everyone. So the Athletic did a banger job on this. Ken Rosenthal, Jason Stark, you know Sarrus are the three that are listed here on the article. We're going to talk to Ken coming up, and many more. Actually they say more on the article as well. So I want to give credit to all of them for putting that out there. They have plenty of people on the record that gave their names, plenty of people that spoke anonymously, players, coaches, teams that all said, Nope, they're lying. They didn't tell us, even though they said they did.
Speaker 1: I don't have all the manager's numbers like Ken and Emo and all those guys do. But every one of the guys I texted had no idea. No, I haven't found anybody that knew about the change. I don't. I don't see like the bigger the bigger issue here is Major League Baseball trying to slide this through. Is it better that they're getting the strike zone correct, yes, But the bigger issue is negotiations are coming up here soon. The new CBA is coming up here soon. And if you're going to be doing tivous, nefarious little things as Major League Baseball, how are you supposed to go to negotiating table as a player, as a players association and go, I'm sure they're gonna be. They're gonna be straight across the board here, They're gonna be, they're gonna be super honest with us. And it's just like, why why would we not tell the players who this affects, the pitchers, the hitters, who this effects and just keep it secret. I don't. I don't understand this at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is something very important.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think this, this going under the rug is is something that needs to be talked about a lot more. I mean, we're talking about a strike zone where this last year they're talking about, you know, having an automated strike zone. They're talking about getting rid of umpires, they're talking about you know, electronics and this and that. I think this is leading into something, could be leading something even bigger, Like did they want to startle to come out. I I don't know, maybe they did. This is something that maybe we'll see some more stuff come out. But you know, you get those three inches as a baseball. You take a baseball, I don't have one in my hand, but as you measure, it's almost three inches, you know, from east to west. I mean that's it's a lot of space and opportunity to throw strikes with and now to minimize that strike zone with the baseball to make a point seventy five instead of two inches off in the buffer zone. I always complained about that. I always talk you know, Phil Couzy and you know Rentel Stat and those guys, and I was like, man, you guys are getting a lot off the play. He's like, no, no, that's the buffer zone. And they always kept saying it. So I knew about the buffer zone a while ago with Joe West and all those guys. So I'm like, I don't know how you're getting graded well on that because to me, that's a ball and you know, the human element I still love and I still factor in and I don't want that ever to leave. But you know, with talking to players and reading the article here, i'd be a little frustrated. I would just knowing that, you know, why am I not getting that call? Because I feel like it might be nipping the corner. If not, it's right there, but they locked it in up down east west. There are finding ways to you know, help the batter.
Speaker 3: Out more CRATS.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the number one recommended dermatologist hair growth supplement brand. And it's a brand that you are just starting your journey with.
Speaker 1: I'm using what about one and a half two months into my journey. It's a six month journey. See where see what I can get? See a little thicker, fuller everywhere, filling it out. I don't know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited to see the Neutrofoil results with KRATS. And don't show us your hat yet, Okay, you got to stay tuned through this journey. And if you want to join KRATS for this journey, you can start your hair growth journey with Neutrofoil for a limited time, Neutrofoil is offering FT listeners ten dollars off your first month subscription and free shipping when you go to nutrofol dot com and enter the promo code foul. Find out why over forty five hundred healthcare professionals and stylists recommend neutrifoil for healthier hair nutrifold dot com spelled and U t r A s o L dot com promo code foul. That's neutrafol dot com promo code foul.
Speaker 1: Some people are going to sit there at home and go two inches. Who really cares? That is a monstrous difference if we put up if we overlaid the new StrEG zone and the old strike zone and you put all contact around those edges, that's now eliminated the contact every it's something ridiculous like every half an inch contact out of the zone, the exit velocity, the hit probability goes down exponentially, like what it means you're chasing out of the zone. And that's why pitchers want to stay on the corners so that they can get those so they can get the pitches off the barrel of that are their cases. Absolutely can show hey get on top of a pitch above the buffer zone. Yes, but the hitters that keep the ball in the strike zone and only swing it. Those are normally the better hitters, and you eliminate that buffer zone. Now it's going to be more of an offensive game. But it's also going to be able to transition us into the challenge system next year. And I think they're trying to lock in where that border is because just a little bit of the ball hits okay, So that means if a little bit of the ball hits here, all of the ball was off of the zone. And if you make that now two inches, now that pitch is here and it still touches the buffer zone. So I'm glad that they clean this up. Just be upfront about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think everybody agrees that they want the strike zone to continue to be as accurate as possible. For example, Christian Walker is on the record in this article saying always we always wanted to get better. But then you have Travis Darnau Angels Catcher on the record a couple times in this article talking about how they basically had to do their own homework because they started looking out and being like, wait, the zone seems a little bit different. Let's do some homework on this, And then words starts spreading and starts to turn into a story. Apparently there was an anonymous player who said he was talking to an UMP and the UMP goes, what do you think of the new strike zone? Ah?
Speaker 3: And he's like what.
Speaker 2: That's how word starts describing again. But think about the competitive advantage even for the first month, right, this is a game of inches, a game of games that can separate you from a playoff team, and not right one game. We see it every year. So there might have been some teams that knew about this a little bit earlier. Not every single player person everyone else found out about it at the same exact time. You have the right as a league to maintain competitive integrity To tell all teams, players, managers, etc. About what's going on in the offseason when this is being decided. And if you're saying you told everyone, and everyone is saying you didn't, very respectable command people, You did not communicate it, or you did not communicate it properly. So some people might have found out about this the first week of this season, and you have some people that just found out about this when the article hit this morning.
Speaker 4: Can I just why didn't they just come out with it when they figured it out. I don't understand. Hey boom, hey, just tell you know new world MLB, the buffer zone has changed.
Speaker 3: Why is everything such a secret?
Speaker 2: I don't they claim it wasn't they claim they told everyone?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, come on, man, you.
Speaker 1: Think do you think it's an arrogancy of Major League Baseball in the sense of, nah, we don't need to see, we don't need to tell them, we don't need to tell them everything. Or is it a strategic thing saying you know what, you guys don't necessarily you're not necessarily upfront with everything. We don't need to be upfront with everything because we are the head, and the sense of like, oh, we're the we're the boss here, like you'll be fine, you'll figure it out later.
Speaker 2: I think he's confusing major League Baseball with the Godfather. You're saying that don sometimes doesn't need to tell everybody about the business going on. But there is. Yes, sometimes there are a lot of similarities with the leader there you go. A lot of their favorite movies are Mafia movies. But I will tell you this, he's not supposed to be like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, today, Hey, well you know, we found a new name for this new thing. We call, you know, I like the Homer Barey and uh, those names that you can use.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is the Bruce Buffer Zone, the Bruce Buffer Zone. That's good.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, it's a little chili Davison's.
Speaker 4: That's a little a little on. We're teetering on the Bruce Buffer right now.
Speaker 2: I like that last thing, and then we're going to get to Ken rosetall on it. I just wanted to make sure that people know if you should check out the article. It's it's lengthy and it's worth it. It's really well done, but there are quotes in here from big league managers who you know. Dave Roberts asked straight up about this quote. No, I didn't know that. Tito Francona asked if he remembered being told this at the winter meetings, which is what MLB claimed quote. I don't believe. So I don't remember that. That doesn't mean they didn't because I can barely remember yesterday. My understanding was it wasn't a secret, but I don't remember them sharing it. Mike Schiltz, who was on the ball, I mean he is a pretty serious gamer. Okay, he is not missing something in a meeting. He's going to take notes in a meeting, and then he is going to think about it for days and then strategize it. And that's why this affects pitch sequencing, game calling, the whole deal, and it's why it rattled teams when they didn't find out about it. I'll give you Shiltz quote in the article. I don't remember having any communication with anybody at any point in time saying, hey, we're going to tighten it up. Not at all. I tried to pay attention during the meetings. I would have thought it would grab my attention. I would probably share that with his coaching staff, which of course would have shared that with players like Todfather in spring training. Some news that broke last night from Cody Stavenhagen, Tiger Territory host and the Athletics speed reporter on the Tiger. They designated Kent Tomata for Simon, So it's not going to be claimed. With the contract that he's got two years, twenty four mili, he's finishing that up this season.
Speaker 3: That's a tough one. Yeah, that's a tough one.
Speaker 4: I feel like, go find yourself a little bit, get get going. He's not going to be down there for long in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, you can't get sent down, right Kratz. Here, here's our specialist. Here, you go unclaimed because no one's going to pick up the contract.
Speaker 3: Then they'll probably pick him back.
Speaker 2: They cut him, no, and then a team can sign him for league men.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, he's got he's got nine ers, he's working, he's close to his tenth year, so he'll just be he'll be released unless he's like unless he's like, yeah, I'll go to Triple A because I'd rather be in Triple A and Toledo than anywhere else. But someone else will probably claim him. Somebody needs innings, not claim him. It's not claiming. I'm sorry. We'll to a minor league deal and then yeah, that Tigers for the twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was just coming out of the bullpen for to try, you know obviously. I mean he wanted to be more of a starter or at least a swingman, which he had done pretty well in the past in his career. Just really didn't work out with him in Detroit fastball getting torched. It's also thirty seven years old. He's had a really great career.
Speaker 3: You forget that. Yeah, you're just seven. He's been doing it for a while. Yeah, they're gonna be all over this.
Speaker 2: So check out Tiger Territory Kieren Steckley, Cody Stavenhagen, and Austin Jackson on many of the episodes as well. Go check that out wherever you get your podcast. Just type it in. Give them some love. It's a really good show. Hey, Big wu coming soon, Brandon woodra Remember this used to be a number one type starter in the game, and he went through it with the shoulder surgery. But he just finished his latest rehab start. Kurt Hog covering it said, for Class A Wisconsin within one batter of putting up six complete innings five and two thirds, three hits, no runs, one walk, three strikeouts. For a team that can use some starting pitching depth, this is gonna help at some point.
Speaker 4: We have talked about the Big Woo a lot. I hope God's Crotsy's boy, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the Big Will. I think we missed talking about him. We miss seeing him and to see him get a rehab start. Kratzy is in his He's just in his realm right now. He's ready to go one more.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's gonna be raided that thirty day limit, most likely one more. I talked to him. He said he wants to get up over the eighty pitch threshold. He got to seventy four yesterday when he threw, so that eighty pitch threshold, and he said he's feeling good.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 2: Hey, the Brewers are lurking. They're sixteen and sixteen, They're only three games out. I mean, the Cubs have gotten a lot of attention, rightfully, so nice start for them against a tough schedule. They're nineteen and thirteen. They've got a softer spot coming up in May. But the Reds are two games back. The Brewers are three games back. And the Brewers have been through this battle many times in the past several years and often come out on top. And I do think they're starting. Pitching depth is gonna continue to improve here, So I mean, you're gonna have Freddy p to Bias Myers, I like Kintana, I like Woodriff eventually when he comes back. There's other guys too. I know they picked up Quinn Priester and Chad Patrick's part of that. All right, ft, fam, We're gonna bounce around the league a little bit. So the loss yesterday for the Twins, which included three of four losing to Cleveland, was the tenth walkoff loss for Minnesota in Cleveland during the last five seasons. That's just a crazy trend. I mean, I know you play each other a lot, but the amount of walkoffs that you see between those two, it really gives Cleveland fans something to go home happy with.
Speaker 3: Knowing that they're always in the game. Yeah, opportunity.
Speaker 2: The walkoff's the best regular season kind of game you can have with regularity. I get it, perfect game, no hit or whatever, but walkoffs are awesome, right, keeps it to the end. You get to go home even happier than just a dub. I mean, would you rather go to a game where it's eight to one or four to three you saw a walk off with the kiddo?
Speaker 4: Yeah, lost eleven straight one one run games in Cleveland. Think about that whole It's they I don't know if they ever.
Speaker 3: Want to go to Cleveland again. No, no, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: And the Twins have a good bullpen, but the Cleveland bullpen Crats is really good and class is getting back on track.
Speaker 3: Cad Smiths, the g I.
Speaker 1: Just I just think when you go into a place and you use that many close games and that many walkoffs. I remember the Astros when I played there. For the minute that I played there, we went into Oakland and They're like, golly, it seems like we're always getting walked off here, and I'm like, really, I've never felt that way that night, and I walked off. So it's kind of it's kind of up here. But you just you know, some teams are just always in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that deja vu all over again. Yogi Jose Ramirez.
Speaker 2: You know he he obviously steals a lot of basses, but also the timely stolen bases for him are always there too, so give him credit. He's at two fifty home or two fifty stolen base guy. Now about the mark there.
Speaker 3: Incredible crazy.
Speaker 1: That's such a crazy record that I had no idea. But the students, he's got no arms. He can just get to every ball.
Speaker 2: If you want a razor that looks good, makes you look good, gets the shave done, and doesn't cost much.
Speaker 3: Uh oh oh, it is it nice.
Speaker 1: That's a hairy John and you can smell it too, smell it. Oh, wow, that's Harry's that's the shave jel. I'm telling you look, I mean you look scary.
Speaker 4: Man, shut fresh, come and come and come and get I don't want to touch.
Speaker 2: Looks like German engineered blades made in their own factory that stays sharp longer.
Speaker 1: I'm using the razor and it does not. You can start to feel when it gets dull. I mean you guys only do like here and up here. True, I'm doing acreach. Get the edge on your shave with Harry's. Normally their trial set is ten dollars, but right now you can get it for just six dollars at harrys dot com slash foul. That's our exclusive link Harrys dot com slash foul for a six dollars trial set.
Speaker 2: Injury Suck Mike Trout hits the IL. We found out the news officially right after the game last night from Juan wash Ron Washington, who said the left knee discomfort you know, is going to put him on the shelf, but didn't say that it was going to be anything major, and they expect him to be back pretty quickly. But remember last year, two meniscus tears in different parts of that left knee led to two surgeries. I watched almost that whole game and then the postgame show yesterday, and wash you know, brushed it off pretty quickly. But of course we'll see how he reacts to everything. Trout's presence in the lineup's important. I know some people are like, oh, it was one seventy nine, two sixty four on base Okay, it was still a little above average with the ops. Plus it was barrel and baseballs. Some of the expected stats look good. He had nine home runs. You know, it's the kind of guy where you're like, keep him on the field, let him run for a while. And I mean, he could put up forty but this is about the same time last year when he went through the knee troubles. So you do start to get a little scary about this. Not to mention that Angels are in a bad rut again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I mean, listen, it's scary anytime you talk about a knee with him. You saw he's trying to beat out, you know, an infield single there. He's struggled a little bit, hyper extended both knees. But I think he's gonna be fine. I think it's more of a scare than anything, and just to put him on the IL for a little bit. I think understandably ten days retroactive, get him going, and you know, I think he'll be all right. It's one of those things where again, better safe than sorry. Here at the end of the day, we don't know how it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Got to put him in the aisle, can't can't get him off his feet because they already have a DH. You know, they can't let him not play in the outfield for seven to ten days, so they kind of put him in this spot. Maybe it's I'm hoping it's not as bad as you know that he needs that whole stay on the IL, but you know what, they couldn't give him two days off and then give him like three straight dhs. He's got to go out there and stand on his feet every single day. And it's just like, maybe we shouldn't have gotten so Laire, but hey, you know what, Claire headed Dinger last night, So I guess who am I?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Laire's play well and help them out. I think he's homewarding back to back games. Now, I wasn't against the player, but in the offseason I was just like, you gotta leave that spot open, and I know the case was made that they felt as if Droudy was going to take a billion swings if he was just the agent. And I'm like, in this case, if he's dealing with the knee, I don't think he would have done that. This is a smart guy. I mean, you know him. I don't think they said this, this was on the record. They were worried he's gonna take five hundreds wings if he's d ching, you know, in a day. I'm like, come on, he's not twenty. He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 4: Now, and I think he's smarter and as he's getting older, he understands his body and what he can and cannot do. Yeah, I don't know his full routine, but I know it's not the same as when it was, you know, seven eight years ago when he's just coming up. But he gets it. It's more kind of let me maintain my body. I got to make sure my joints, my knee, my meniscus, all that stuff is right. Then he could work a little bit upper body and keep staying bigger and stronger. But he's still a strong young man and he's still gonna go out there and produce. It's just It's one of those things and people think about, why isn't he the Mike trot Old, Why isn't he coming back and getting after it. He's getting older, man. People understand that he's getting older and he's had some injury, so he's he kind of got to ease into it before you know, you start pedaling away. So again, Angels fans pumped the brakes a little bit. I think he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Angels fans don't want to hump the breaks about the team. That's the problem right now is the team was off to a nice start the first few weeks and then it's starting to unravel here. You know, I wanted to just focus on that game for a couple of minutes because they spent a good time watching it yesterday. I've been pretty high on the Tigers from the offseason up through now. Mys looked good. I know, you know, he gave up four runs, but he gave him seven innings to rest the bullpen a little bit, a solid performance. Kikuchi was pretty good on the other side. Tommy Kinley, by the way, brilliant pickup has been dominant Filthy Sub one era so far. Angels fans were losing their mind.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: In the eighth inning, they're up four to two and the offense had been not great lately. There's a lot of swing and miss in that lineup. Redebtmers comes in for a second consecutive game after giving up I think it was four runs the night before, gives up another four spot, including a Dylan Dingler three run home run. Re Detmers was a starter his whole life, and now he's working on the bullpen side of things, and you're after a clunker, You're giving him a back to back high level I'm like, Man, I need to know more about why that was the decision there, and I think everyone was looking for that. Ron Washington was asked about it, didn't give much, just thought it was the right spot with some lefties that he didn't get out, and then it all fell apart from there. But Man and Joey Odell had some issues in center field during that inning. It just all fell apart and it was one of those games where Angels fans were losing their mind. I do want to keep everyone focused also on the fact that the Tigers might be the best team in the American League, so they're going to capitalize on mistakes right now too. Hobby Bias hit another homer he robbed, so La looks pretty good in center field. I know we talked about this team of good amount at the top of yesterday's show, but it's just bad timing. It's probably it's not their worst. It's it's one of their worst losses of the season. And then right after the game, you got it was casual. They're like hous trout and he's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I l yeah, I got it. I gotta go. But il yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know how it is that the managers are like, yeah, I don't want to spend a lot of time on this ill.
Speaker 3: It stinks.
Speaker 4: And as a manager, you want to go with your gut and you know, make certain decisions and see how a professional pitcher is gonna do and back to back games and see, you know, if it's pressure, how he's feeling. I know it's a new guy. He knows that a pitch you're you're a major league pitcher, so you should be able to figure it out. I'm not saying you're gonna do well, but you should be able to find the zone and throw strikes and not get not give up that many runs. But it's easier said than done. But again, as a manager, you stick to it what you feel and you talk to your coach and staff and can this guy go again? Yeah sure, let's call him Boom and they put him in. It just didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't like it, Kratz, And I mean, you got to keep evaluating what you're doing from a pitching perspective when you know someone like Griffin Canning's there for a while and now he looks like a freaking stud, looks like a number two starter on the Mets right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you clearly clearly blew that one. There's a few that they've blown. But let's go back to the Angels travel day that the organization decided to have. They're they're two and eight in their last ten. They've lost six straight. The Angels have, like you, you kind of put your team in this situation. It didn't say it they caused the bone bruise of the in his knee that Trout has, but Zach Kozar came out and said it that causes injuries that cause it makes it difficult, that is tough to come back from. Like, dudes, just don't they just don't rebound. Oh yeah, we had a tough day. We had a tough two days. Like I'm fine. Like the it kind of compounds, and you just you have to you have to have all your ducks in a row as a team so that the players can be in the best position to win. And I don't think that set them up very well. And obviously they're two and eight in their last ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this team has to win at the margins. They did some nice things in the offseason. I really like the Kenley Jansen pick up. But you're right. I mean we harped on this. Sometimes we do too much on a certain story. I don't think we did on this one.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 2: They haven't won a game since it's been a week. Hey, Andrew Chaffin in agreement with the Nationals on a major league contract. So Nationals need some bullpen help. I've watched some Nats games where that bullpen just falls apart. Yeah, twelve season coming into Wow, Chaffin's hilarious too.
Speaker 3: Just nice. Who's shooting left to hear he has to go get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, late career guy, thirty almost thirty five years old now, but this would keep it rolling for him. As he's going to find a home here Kratz. The Nationals obviously aren't serious about this year. You know, they didn't really do anything in the offseason. They've got some nice pieces, but it does get demoralizing when the bullpen gets beat up.
Speaker 1: And the Nats pick up Andrew Chaffin and Kyle Finnigan, Like, two guys, why didn't they have jobs? Like? What what am I missing? What am I missing that you don't like? I guess at some point you know he's gonna come on here. But we got to ask, like, were you asking too much? Caw Finigan obviously wasn't asking too much. So the Nats needed this. The Gnats need to lengthen their pen. I know Finnegan lost it the other night against the Phillies, but I think you can't just have this two headed monster at the at the end of your game. And I think he's a nice piece. He's not a he's not a driving the Nats to first place team type of piece. But I'm just confused why he didn't have a job before this.
Speaker 2: He did, it was just in the minor leagues, right, so he was in Triple A with the Tigers. He had signed a minor league contract with them. Got a two to one three R and thirteen appearances twelve and two thirds innings for Toledo, So it's like, Okay, I'm for a major league deal and had a three and a half last year, So I agree with you. I mean, sometimes you look at certain players and you're like, man, this guy's pitching pretty well in the playoffs for a team, and then all of a sudden, you can't find a job the next year. I don't know you know everything about the valuation process, but we'll see how he does. Hey, phil Aton looks pretty damn good for the Cardinals. Took him a minute.
Speaker 1: I mean I mentioned too, phil Aton's on there. There's no way Kirby Yates should have waited as long as he did. Like all the Dodgers, they get everybody, they're all available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just a standoff that occurs. It seems to be a thing lately with relievers, and then every team needs relievers at the deadline, second half, playoffs, et cetera. So whatever, the smart teams know what they're doing. You load up so that you don't have to unload all the prospects at the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: FT fan.
Speaker 2: We're excited to introduce you to Rowback with the subtle dog logo and there's two stripes on the back of every product. Kratz, what are you rocking for us today?
Speaker 1: I got the polo so when I'm out on the course, I stay cool the sweats wick in a way you barely even feel like it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a Roebackpolo Classic, solid and stripes. If that's for you, go for it. Print polos are there as well. Use the code foul at Roeback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase. That's f O U L on R H O B A c K dot com. Let's slap. We got some news right before the show started. Jazz Chisholm hits the injured list for the Yanks three days after the UH swing that left them with what is now being called a write obleaque strain. So that'll land you on the injured list for a little bit of time.
Speaker 4: That's tough. I don't care what it's not going to be ten days. I've had too many of those. Even if it's a Grade one, even if it's a strain, it takes weeks to figure that out. They don't want you doing much. You're not sure anything. You need to just rest and let that thing he all on its own. We don't I don't know the severity of what he's going through, but any part of that O blak, you cannot do anything on it. And I'm hoping it's a grade one takes, you know, hopefully a month, if not a little more than obliques are just a pain in the rear end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got seven homers, so he's off to a nice power start. Defense has looked pretty good. I know he had the one you know, or he didn't go to second the other day. Okay, mental gap, but he's he's handling second, I think pretty well. Eye test metrics. He's not getting on base batting average three oh four, on base percentage. It's it's never been his thing to be fair like. He's actually that's right around the career normal. I think some fans just expected him to elevate, you know, in that lineup, and I think, I mean, this guy's been in the league for six years.
Speaker 3: He is what he is.
Speaker 2: He's a low on base's got pop, he's got speed, he's got defensive he's in the right position, Kratz. That's the player.
Speaker 1: The question is did he make an adjustment to get on base more in relative to his batting average. He switched to a torpedo bat. It started out awesome all year. It's kind of gone back to the norm. The thing is his walk rate has gone up exponentially. I mean it is, his own base percentage is quite the same, and he's like fifty points below his career average. His batting average will go up. I'm just afraid he needs to swing more to be able to get on base more. So it's that dichotomy. And I saw the swing where he did his oblique and he did that like Todd, you know, like you're like scratching your rib, like maybe I can work this out. Next pitch, double down the line. And I hadn't heard anything from him until here this morning when we or this afternoon, right before the show started, that he was going on the aisle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not fun.
Speaker 4: He's been swinging out a lot of pitches this year, and from what I've been seeing a lot of balls, I should say like he's attacking, and you know sometimes he doesn't get that front foot down early enough and see it. But when he when he does hit, he finds his way to get on, but it's just few and far between right now.
Speaker 2: And then we also found out John Carlo Stan moved to the six day il I mean more procedural. I don't think anyone expected him back yet. We just don't really have a timetable. That's the big thing still for his return, and I mean he is I say this a lot, becoming a potential Robert Or of our sport. Just get in the playoffs, get this guy on the field maybe a few weeks before, to get the swing in line, and then let him absolutely torch top end pitching.
Speaker 3: In October, let him go. He was he was stupid good.
Speaker 2: Last year in October he was.
Speaker 3: He was really good.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so funy twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty, he was ridiculous. Also went to Cleveland, was hitting two irons out to right center. Went to San Diego. He's hitting balls off the scoreboard and left center like this. He is. It's okay to be a playoff guy. It's also I think I feel like it's more optimistic that he will be back sooner than later this year. This is more procedural thing, because you know, We're halfway through a sixty sixty day il STD so far in this season, So another month isn't that big a deal?
Speaker 2: Agreed? And Hey, great way to finish the show on a Friday. Sarah Langs is one of the best parts of our game. Baseball is the best. Her phrase it is her birthday. Nice little tweet there for Mike Petrillo. Happy birthday, Sarah. And Kratz hats on the way out. You can do it in like fifteen seconds.
Speaker 3: That was definitely amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for Hunter Brown, how.
Speaker 2: Could we not downtown, Hunter Brown, come on down.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he was one of my brother and I didn't know he was a backup catcher in college.
Speaker 3: Brother, and I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kratz and you probably through eighty something you could have just figured it out.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: He's a great story. Hunter Brown is awesome to watch. Thanks him for joining us, and great way to finish the show on a Friday. See you Monday, fam. You can help obviously boost your home run pick, just like Godfather and Craft with their picks today. There it is activate that token when you bet on any player day at a home run in any MLB game that you find there in the app. If that player goes deep, you receive a bigger payout. Gotta activate that boost get after an ft FAM. Good luck to everyone on their picks tonight and this weekend gambling problem more concern called one eight hundred gambler