Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepka with Stephen Cowell and we're joined by Blueberg reporter Cloute Malay. Good morning, Good morning, right move saying that the industry will survive AI. They said that in the earnings this morning. That's obviously quite a big claim. There's a lot of concern that these sorts of property portals, property websites are going to be hit hard by artificial intelligence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it seems this year.
Speaker 4: So I spoke to the CEO this morning and he was actually quite optimistic about this. So he was saying that because those property portals have proprietary data, then that wouldn't mean that they would be able to develop their own AI tools internally and then be able to use that and their for that all of those efficiency gains and you know, gaining more customers through those AI tools that would then you know, be a benefit to them. And you know, this is something that's also you know that we've seen as well with Scout twenty four inches, this other property portal out of Germany where they expect really strong growth this year, and analysts have said that, you know, this is a company that could be an AI leader and AI survivor in a way because of that proprietary data. An interesting thing that the Right Move CEO said this morning was actually that, you know, because buying a home is so personal, is so complex, that people will not necessarily be immediately wanting to outsource that an AI agent. And you know, it's not like maybe booking a holiday or anything like that. It's something that's more complex, and therefore there will still be that need for property portals. So that's why he thinks that AI is an opportunity. It's both because of that data, which means that they will be able to create their own tools, and then also because it's such a complex personal process that it still needs to have that.
Speaker 1: Human element in a way. So yeah, they were quite optimistic.
Speaker 4: The results were also pretty good, with you know, expectations of strong growth going forward going this year, which means that maybe the housing market as well as recovering.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Okay, yeah, that's really interesting from Rightmove this morning, and let's go to the food delivery company Delivery Hero next missing estimates and their results. Yeah, orders missed expectations.
Speaker 4: That the problem for Delivery Hero is that it's dealing with a lot of competition in some of the key markets and the key regions, and one of them in particular is the Middle East. So the biggest rival in the Middle East for Delivery Hero is the Chinese company in Metro and they have been offering really aggressive discount and so that's really hurting Delivery Hero shares. And so that means for that company that the calls from investors to sell some the whole of the business, that's only going to get louder really.
Speaker 1: So Delivery Hero.
Speaker 4: Has recently said that it's evaluating different options to improve performance. That includes changes to this capital structure, and that was after some major shareholders pushed it to conduct a strategic review. And it's also considering some partnerships, assessing which owners would be best for some assets in some operations.
Speaker 1: So it's thinking about all of this.
Speaker 4: But right now those calls for sale or for divestments have not been answered yet, so they might need to be soon if it wants those chess to recover.
Speaker 3: Okay, another company out of Germany that we want to talk about to BASF, and this is a warning about big job cuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so more job cuts for BSF part of this cost saving push that's that the company has been on for a little bit now. So really is a sign that the downturn in that chemicals market is still very much happening.
Speaker 1: So the problem here is one of over.
Speaker 4: Capacity, which of course that means lower prices and then of course that impacts profitability for all of those big chemicals companies, including BSF.
Speaker 1: So and Liz said that the outlook.
Speaker 4: Was clearly below what was expected by analysts, and so it's based on quite a rather bleak assumption about industrial production, which is expected to be down significantly at this year. So BSF said that at twenty twenty six would be another transition year that the market could potentially recover in late twenty twenty six, but there's no guarantee essentially, So it's been cutting jobs, it's been carving out some units, really trying to streamline the company and focus only on the more profitable aspects of it. But you know, it seems like there's probably more than needs to be done, and what's happening is probably best exemplified by what a Bernstein adalyst said, which is that BSF is currently running.
Speaker 1: Very hard to stand still. So that's what's happening for that company.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app. Mm hmm