Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: It is the heritage of the show which as we do market economics, we're worried about economics, finance, investment, all the linkages and that flows over into equities, bonds, currencies, and commodities. I think I came up with one of those phrase, and very decidedly Matthew Winkler, the founder of Bloomberg News, came up with the other phrase. I don't think I can remember which ones which, but you know, there it is. I think equities, bonds, currencies, commodities was from Matt Winkler, the founder of Bloomberg News. But the point is we very early on figured out there was an insatiable interest in smart academics who could communicate this single. Best idea is to focus on two of those, and two foundational members of what we've done. It really goes back to, you know, multiple decades, to the support of Kenneth Rogoff of Harvard University, many others, Ed Lazier, the late Ed Lazier of Stanford and John Taylor of Stanford as well many many others. Megdan Desai over at the London School of Economics, but one of the first people to climb on board the surveillance bandwagon was Barry Keing Green. He is absolutely definitive. At Berkeley, he writes what I call dnse, which is, if you get a forty page paper from Ikea Green, like his paper that stopped traffic at Jackson Hole last summer, it takes you a long time to read it because he's so acute, so inward that on international economics, there is no comparer. As I said today in the show, the only comparing contrast with Keen Green on international economics is Douglas Er When at Dartmouth College. Of course, you know we did the high falutin discussion with professor Iikeer Green, but then we got basic. I asked Barry and Green about Chinese electric vehicles.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the Biden administration is attempting to do this in order to build up indigenous capacity in the United States to evs. I'm not convinced this is a good idea. I think it Chinese EV's are still down market relative to what we do and what we aspire to produce in the US. I think the result of these tariffs will be to reroot Chinese evs to Europe and European production to the United States. I don't think there'll be a major impact on the US in the long run. If we're going to be competitive in ev production, we're going to have to grow that capacity at home.
Speaker 2: Very ike and green, with too many books to mention. His seminal effort pushing thirty years ago now, I believe is Golden Fetters, which is definitive on early gold economics. It's again a densery, but very important and a definitive read for gold and also globalizing capital, which is somewhat the history of the international monetary fun We move forward to someone who is with us often, not every time, but I'll explain who she is. She is Wendy Schiller, and she has had prodigious impact in the civics of America. Her textbooks are not history but almost civics lessons for a good part of America. She's hugely successful in the publishing industry and provides a high energy effort at Brownie University. Brown announced this week that they will establish some form of graduate level school of International Relations. They have wisely selected as interim share of their new Brown University effort. Wendy Schiller. I was crushed. I was certain we were going to lose Shiller from Bloomberg surveillance.
Speaker 1: Wanted the job. It's very exciting for Brown. So we're really excited to be a place that will be producing not only great undergraduates, but producing we already do Masters of public fair students and being a player in trying to influence policy outcomes.
Speaker 2: We're on our way.
Speaker 3: You're on.
Speaker 2: You're very very exciting.
Speaker 1: Just and I can still do Bloomberg. And you could negotiated in the agreement with them that I could still do Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: Very good. That's a key item right there, a negotiating point that she could still come on here. Thank god for that. Wendy Schiller of Brown University. She went on to talk about this is before we heard that the president will travel to France, but we talked to Professor Schiller about the great challenges of our political system. Paul Sweeney had some great questions on the trial unfolding downtown, the jury deliberation. Maybe by the time you hear this, there'll be some form of jury agreement. But David Gurra is downtown and June Grosso really was a value added today with her truly encyclopedic effort on American law June Grosso, look for that on Bloomberg Laws. Absolutely iconic at Bloomberger late evening, say early evening effort across all of our Bloomberg platforms. We're on Apple car Play, We're on Android, on YouTube, growing every day. Thank you so much for the YouTube love. The live chat is just on fire, really can be very informative at times. You can subscribe to Bloomberg Podcasts on YouTube. That's the quickest way to get there. You can search Bloomberg Podcasts and you'll find us there three hours live and we do a replay of the show. You'll see that three four hours later as well. But all the other work, including June Grosso and Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Daybreak, I should mention with Nathan Hager and Karen Moscow as well on Apple podcasts. This is single best idea
Speaker 3: Ten