Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, motherfucker podcast makes he's a legendary queen's rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't sagreed as your boy in.
Speaker 3: O R E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What Up it's DJ E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans.
Speaker 2: Mothercavery days New Year's c That's it's time for drink champions. Drink up, motherfuck?
Speaker 4: What it good?
Speaker 2: Be hoping the winners should be. This is your boy in O R E? What up is DJ E f N?
Speaker 1: And this drink chests motherfucker. When we started the show, we started this show, we said we wanted to give it to legends.
Speaker 2: We wanted to give their flowers while they alive.
Speaker 1: These brothers here have both been dominated game, dominated two fields, both of them in movies.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Uh, these guys got their own podcast, both legends West Coast. So I want to start the show off by.
Speaker 2: Off top, giving them they fly off. We've been trying to sit down with them. Man. Now now now you had something to do with Malabos most wanted man. Yeah, I was in Malibu's most Wanting Man.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the homies Man High see the little homie high Sea and DJ Quick we actually actually crawl. And Quick was going up to the audition for the ship that day and there was a whole bunch of different little rappers up there and stuff Dance was up there on Hinky was popping at that time. He was up there and they was like, they want the motherfuckers to really battle.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They want the motherfuckers to really battle, you know, so I want smacked a few kissing.
Speaker 2: Now. Eight. I always wanted to know why you never put a G in the.
Speaker 3: Eight experienced in hardcore thumping.
Speaker 1: Hear you say that you got your name from cars one.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, you know, back then it was big on the numbers and the brushes and mcs and all that. So I just went with MC eight man, trying to be different, you know what I'm saying. But I was a high fan of KRS one, you know what I'm saying, So that's where it came from. I tried to pattern the after that because I always wanted to do this stand.
Speaker 1: But now, if you know what's funny shit, right, I tell the story all the time. This is part of the story I didn't say. John Singleton was my homie, right, and like before he passed, I was always like like fu with him, like yo, when you're gonna put me in snowfall. And he looked at me one time and said, you will never be a snowball.
Speaker 2: He said, your East Coast accent.
Speaker 1: It's so fucked up you I could never pass for a West Coast actor. He said, no matter what you do nor you can't get away from it. And I was like, holy shit, So what I was going to do? I swear to God, I told this that side of the story. This is the side of the story that I didn't tell. If John Sigginson told me that one more time, what I was going to do was I was gonna go hang out with you for a month, because boy, let me just take you something. If you blond somebody and they hear you talk West Coast all day, okay all day?
Speaker 2: Like, have you ever tried to like do another accent off?
Speaker 3: No, I've never been asked, you know, movies or whatever. Even with the video game Grand Theft Auto. Yeah, they was just like du it's distinctive. I guess you know what I'm saying, and it presents West Coast. So I love that ship all day.
Speaker 1: But I heard you're in Grand Theft Auto. But you never played Grand Theft Orto.
Speaker 3: I played that ship. I get dizzy as fuck playing and moving around fucking game feel, So no, I never played.
Speaker 1: The ship, never played your own character. No live, I would have did that. Yeah, I was in depth jeh that I wouldn't play with no one else was just use myself.
Speaker 3: So never I never got to play it. I mean I wasn't interested in it. Doing the ship was all The kids loved it, you know when I came home, Yeah, they loved it. But I never played the ship, never even watched the ship.
Speaker 1: But I heard you say that Park was at the table reads right for Minister Society. Yeah, everyone thought this speculation. So you you you said one he was supposed to be Sharif.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's kind of well known though it's known.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they talked about they wanted him to play Shariff.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to be the positive character.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that he didn't want to be it, but he want at them to show why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wanted to twist, he wanted to change the character.
Speaker 3: They didn't want to do it right, Like, okay, if you you know, you got Therens being whole dog, and then Eights doing this, and then everybody has these characters where you know they're heavily neighborhood. But he's supposed to be the voice of reason, and we all know Tupac, you know, with his roles and all that shit. He wasn't a voice of reason, so why and I, you know, the noble one. So he wanted them to at least show why he changed. Show me killing a nigga or something, Show my nigga going there, show a nigga going to jail, or some ship and me getting changed in jail or something. But y'all got to show why I became him when we in this motherfucking land of everybody's notorious.
Speaker 2: So he didn't want to just change the whole not tell your ass.
Speaker 3: He wasn't doing no interview, Yes.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 5: He on the pop on that side, start asks a question.
Speaker 1: And ship yeah, so, oh man, how how has West Coast?
Speaker 2: And it is a question for both of y'all because I.
Speaker 1: Remember the West Coast sound being like Roger Troup Man like that type of thing. Then it turned gangster and then it turned still gangster. But it's like this new age. How are you embracing the new age? And I'm not talking Kendrick. I'm talking about the new the new up and coming West Coast artists and questions both of y'all.
Speaker 5: Still you know what, I embraced all of the main time of little homies out there getting to their money and getting to their bag and everything. But I think the thing that made hip hop hip hop was the regional thing, Like you listen to somebody like when I listened to y'all album, Huh, I got a story on based on where y'all was from. I'm saying, when you're easy in them, you're supposed to be able to get a reflection the content. And I think as long as they stay, I think if everybody just stay in they land and to make the game a little bit more better, it'd be a lot more parody. Because right now, everybody sounds like they either from the Atlanta as far as it was Atlanta. Now Detroit got they thing going on, little triplets on the drums and all that. So you get everybody doing that shit, just like they was on the ship from England for a minute. We need to start going back to our ships, you know what I mean to where? Oh man, you know you could tell you from the West Coast, like you know you said when you hear eight voice distinctive, because this motherfucker exue West Coast. He don't give a fuck. You know, you exude where you from. You exude where you're from. And I think that's what make hip hop dope. But I'm not mad at the little homies for them doing what they do. And I just think that's because the problems with the West Coast is they suffer from the quota owned syndrome. If you notice everywhere the quoted down central, you know, you get jumped in the game. Every rapper on the West Coast outside of him come from that NWA family tree. When you think about it, everything is kind of like extended from there. You feel what I'm saying, should win in Pillick's you know, ruthless records and look at that generation you know that spawned, you know, the Eminem's, the games and all the mother people, fifty cent and all of them. But it was a time to where if you won from up under that Drad thing. It wasn't none shaken. He was one of the only dudes I think him and Ice. Him and Ice kind of broke out of that because they was with a djah king t But they were all in the same thing that was under DJ and Knowun's thing. So the DJ played a real pivotal park and hip hop, and a lot of times the DJ don't get their props no more. And I think that's it. You gotta remember Dory, when you all cast came in the game, it was a barrier to entry in hip hop. You know, motherfucker didn't have for fifty thous an hours to go to the studio, so we had to have somebody that was gonna plug you up, kind of hook you up. Motherfucker's getting beats off the internet now, dog, ain't nobody in there coaching them up. So they just going off what they think is hot. It ain't nothing. Ain't nobody really being developed.
Speaker 3: Rappers is different, and that's coming from everywhere. My error was telling stories. You know, there was a lot of things we saw as far as growing up in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Now, not to take away from the youngsters, you know, because it's a different sound. You feel me. I try to listen and but like I said, I was nineteen eighteen once all I cared about was the neighborhood and who we could pop and who we could roll on. So you got a lot of that in youngster music with one too. I say, stand on their identity as far as where they come from. But it's different because in my days, West Coast music was about storytelling. You know, we all told stories of the neighborhood. I tried to tell stories of growing up and the negativity I saw as far as both sides. You know what I'm saying. We was gang banging, we was neighborhood, but it was still a downfall to that shit.
Speaker 2: Right like beware story.
Speaker 3: A lot of stuff is glorified today in young music, you know.
Speaker 2: And social media is changing the landscape.
Speaker 3: So my take on it is, you know, it's just what they're is just the trendy shit. It's what they see, what they hear, this is what they think is popularized. It's what you think they're gonna get a fast buck off of, you know what I'm saying. So that's how I look at how West Coast music is with the youngsters coming up today want to solidify their identity, representing where they're from. But you know, it could take a turn for the worst because we got a lot of niggas dying right now behind our culture. You feel me, which is sad to say, but I can't be judgmental because, like I said, I was eighteen nineteen two. You couldn't tell me shit. When I first started rapping. It was all about the neighborhood and nothing else. And I don't give a fuck, and I'm gonna talk about it, tell you about it, and if you got beef with it, then that's what's gonna happen. As you get older in music, you try to change. You see the downfalls, so you want to change the aspect. But it's still the same. A lot of youngsters get it from just coming up in the neighborhood. You know what I'm saying. It got a lot of that still now. You from Long Beach, right, yeah, I'm from the Long Beach.
Speaker 5: I came up to California Regent Cleveland, Ohio, went eighty eight eighty seven, going on eighty eight. I went after to play football and wound up getting into all kinds of other shits, you know, all kind.
Speaker 3: Of watch motherfucker football.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The whole point program and that's the hood took me under right there on me. They o came out here out the Cali and was like, got a glimpse of the hip hop and the females and the niggas on the corner and the blocks and that bread.
Speaker 5: There is so much motherfucking money back then. Man, I ain't have a dime in my pocket, and.
Speaker 3: And they go on the football that I can't have sat.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you the lord of the motherfucking cripping in the blood. And I never got into the games banging aspect because it was the money, you see what I'm saying. I had a homeboy one day. I was like, man, he was like, he called me Ohio when I first came out there, Ohio, Ohio, Man, Ohio, you need some bread, dog man. You need to get you a sack. And I said, well, what's what's the sack? You know? Let me get with a sec. I went over saw the Misxican homie man got a five oh double was double up.
Speaker 2: Man. It was on from there.
Speaker 5: Motherucks isling changed the motherfucker's life for the negative. But I'm gonna tell you, man, it was different back then the West Coast.
Speaker 2: It was real.
Speaker 5: Grimy, man, it was dangerous. Yeah, And once you get a pistol of the back and he had a couple of times though. That makes you kind of read direct, you feel what I'm saying, You kind of read direct. That ship was real. It ain't nothing to be glorified. There was a lot of foul ship that went on, you know.
Speaker 1: Because you being from Long Beach and you being from Compton, right and to see this gang culture like that ship is like almost as big as hip hop or they're like it's worldwide, like.
Speaker 3: Ship before hip hop. A lot of people, you know, talk about the influence and hip hop and all that, But I was gang banging before I even knew what the fucking hip hop was.
Speaker 1: You giving me like I came from Paris and I've seen crypton.
Speaker 3: It's everywhere for me, Like I said, growing up, it was you know, me, moms, my sister, my little brother, Uh, Pops wasn't in the home.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Neighborhood was rough, kind of flowing you fall into it, you know, And so it was before before hip hop I was gang banging. You give me I kind of half and half. You know what I'm saying. I was fully game banging when I put out my first record, second record.
Speaker 2: You give me h we say game banging, when you say, you mean.
Speaker 3: I was still in the neighborhood. You know I didn't know. I didn't. I didn't know where else to go. You getting me.
Speaker 2: I'm still telling crack my first I never want you to.
Speaker 3: I never wanted to be I never wanted to be looked at as the rap nigga. You getting me. I still want the hood. So we leave the studio, We to the hood, We leave a show, We to the hood. You give me concerts. I go pull up tour bus in the hood and put every motherfucking nigga from the neighborhood and we're going into the concert. That was my belonging. You know what I'm saying. It wasn't. I didn't the rap shit and hanging in the clubs and all that shit. I never out. To this day, I still never got on that aspect. You get me, even though I'm still not venturing to the neighborhood every day. But I never wanted to be symbolized as the rap nigga. I'm just telling stories. This is what happened on my block yesterday, and so fuck it. I got an avenue to where I don't have to go on the block and sell some crack. I go to the studio and tell y'all what happened in the hood last night. And then that keeps me from because we was going to jail every every other day in the neighborhood, you know, before the rapping, just for standing out on the block, you go to the you get picked up. I was tired of that. You know what I'm saying, You gotta do something else. And just face it, I wasn't good at selling crack. I take my and as soon as I make some money, I'm gonna give me a rint the club car, pick up the homies. And I wasn't my entrepreneurship and the dope game wasn't so the rap shit, you know what I'm saying, Because like I said, I just want to be the hood nigga. I didn't want to. I didn't want to be the baller, the big time nigga. And when I started rapping, you know, He'll tell you right now, niggas, are you the legend, and I'll be like, stop calling me that ship. I'm just a regular ass nigga who was telling stories about niggas I was associated with. And I'm sure it was niggas in Yo Hood going through shit and Yo Hood and Yo Hood and then niggas in here. That's what I rapped for. I don't wont be the nigga you know all this shit. It wasn't me.
Speaker 6: So you never considered yourself like a like a hip hop head, no, because.
Speaker 2: You did love Karris One, so that's I love.
Speaker 3: But once you fall into the neighborhood ship nigga, that that's what I am. And then once I started rapping, I was always like the private, quiet nigga. So I didn't like doing all the hip hop shit, right, you getting me? I didn't. I didn't feel that shit. So I just wanted to be knowing today when niggas be like eight eight, I'm like, dude, I'm just like you, nigga.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 3: I just found another way to hustle it. You get me, you know, and I'm sure y'all going through it over there. So let me come up with some ship to where I can reach niggas on the aspect they struggling, They struggling, they struggling. We probably are doing the same shit. Whether whether you got on one fucking Converse or Timbow's or motherfucking motherfucking Sandals or whatever, we're going through the same shit. So let me talk about that and then don't feel alienated when I'm around. I'm like you, my nigga, you know, with the with the fandom and all that bullshit. Nah, we're gonna stand right here, We're gonna blow a blunt, we're gonna kick it, We're gonna chop it up about some regular ship and that's it. So that's always that's what I've always looked at myself as Let's talk.
Speaker 1: About the podcast for a second. Didn't you start out as four people?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: That's a whole, that's that what happened. I thought you were just bugging out. Yeah yeah, yeah, I thought she was.
Speaker 3: Pouring it all over the championship nigga.
Speaker 2: That's the podcast. That's the people that look does he hit it here?
Speaker 3: It was four yard man, it was I came in late okay the lated dish. Yeah yeah, tell you that you gotta break it down with it into that ship.
Speaker 2: Tell you what happened.
Speaker 5: And I ain't really trying to say these niggas names man and make motherfuckers famous, you know what I'm saying. But quiet on this with that. Yeah, it was, it was. It was originally three of us the first episode. It was me, myself and two other casts.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: I had the idea maybe a year and a half before we ever even put it out. I said, Man, I'm gonna do a show, put together a podcast, and this when it wasn't fifty million motherfucking podcasts everywhere, wasn't nobody, And I said, this is what we're gonna do. So I put it together, right, the gangst the Chronicles, I tell you who it was. Originally was gonna be. It was gonna be myself rest in peace, big psych from out of thug life.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: And it was gonna be this man right here. I actually told him about it, right. But I start having ideas. I got in the podcast and I said, I want to do something different, you know what I mean. I want to talk about hip fip, like gangster rap, but with the criminal element, but with the real because it's a lot of grimy motherfuckers and get Bob right. So it was me and them two casts. At first, we knew one of them was going to jail. One of them just got a case, so he was gonna be going to jail in six months. I didn't want to be on the show, really, I was. I got a I had plans to open up a whole network. I had a home boy to work for CBS on the West Coast and have been talking about it.
Speaker 2: So I was just go get money.
Speaker 5: I was gonna get my sugar night that was just came in, you know, I was just go get my shug on with the podcast I saw. I said, this is the new motherfucker record kill. I tell'mfant to jump on this ship for all these other niggas find out. So we get to doing that. Man, everything is cool, and I say, I'm gonna bring this one cat in because he's kind of like got the sociologist thing going to where he studied gangs and ship like that.
Speaker 2: So I bring him in. Alfonso. Yeah, we started, don't even say no more.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he was a part of the show though. Yeah, I thought he was just a guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I put I put all three of them cats together, right, and so I had it right now I don't know that I had a thing going right, And so I'm gonna tell you something that success breath for weak minded motherfuckers that they ain't used to ship. They start thinking they the reason for the season.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: So dude, one day one of the homieshold me, I'm gonna say his name, because he's a cool motherfucker, James McDonald, Right, James's loyal motherfucker. Dog. Now that them mother two motherfuckers that left. I didn't give a fuck. I wouldn't have pistol on them motherfuckers if they was on fire, not like that.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm saying that he was a good dude, loyal, last dude. Right.
Speaker 5: And but when the allegations, you know, it's speeding up. When all this stuff started coming out, Man, it was we still in Los Angeles, Dog, It's a certain code that you got to live by a few from the streets. And when those allegations came out, like just couldn't associate with the brand no more. It's like, you can't be a show. Even if you're talking about gangster rep you can't be a show talk about you the Gangster Chronicles and this motherfuckers don'na fly cooperated with somebody not saying that's what he did or did it, but those what the allegations were. So I had to distance myself and keep it pushing. But I was always thinking about bringing them in because the other dude was tripping like he thought he.
Speaker 2: Was just a the gang specialists. Yeah, the gang specialist gang anything you can.
Speaker 3: Do, the gang Specialists.
Speaker 5: So I was thinking about, you know, really replacing him. And then Charlotte Mane because it was motherfuckers starting to holler at us. It was a gang of people that hit us up talking about, man, we want to, you know, do something with y'all. I was like, man, this all this shit gonna be you know, we in motion, right. So Charlotte Mane had hit me one day shout out to the homeboy Glasses Malone because he assigned Glasses show. And he was like, man, I've been watching this one show about the ship the niggas ohee niggas from I said my way say old niggas when here so and he was like, yeah, he hit us up right, And so he was like, man, I think y'all need one more person because it was just me and James at first right, and he said what you think about m C eight And I was like, thank you God. I was hoping he didn't say nothing. The mother weird because you know how people can be with this shit. Man, you try to get some ship going to never get you can never get it off the ground. And so we've been rocking every since then. Man, but this podcast shit a headache. Dog, you got to five years the easiest.
Speaker 2: Who is your favorite guests?
Speaker 5: My favorite guest man, I got a couple of him. I got my Nigga too Short, was a good guess man. He was a good guest and crip motherfucking mac oh.
Speaker 2: I know him with old the tattoos on the space. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the homeboy Little Sody rest in peace, My homeboy, Little Sodi. Little Sodi's man history and the Los Angeles the streets just so extensive man and thick and he's just a real solid dude. He just he just lost his life not too long going to accident, going back out to Vegas. Yeah, he just got to react because you get them episodes to get reactions in the streets. Like when I talked to the homies, they don't give they just to you know, you know, you got the homie tell you man. He had that sucker ass nigga on it. That mother ain't this and that. But Sodi was one of the motherfuckers that everybody respected.
Speaker 2: How about you, who is who is your favorite?
Speaker 3: I think my favorite was.
Speaker 2: The dude who broke out of prison.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he was good toil. We got the catch that broke out of prison twice, man twice twice.
Speaker 2: Niggas made man.
Speaker 3: He had me sitting there like the whole show, nigga. I couldn't ask the motherfucker question.
Speaker 2: I was just.
Speaker 3: Amazed, like god damn, and how you do it? He was like ship, nigga, I got this and I got.
Speaker 2: The blieve twice.
Speaker 5: He broke out with a heavy set Caucasian woman. Motherfucker got met on the phone in their dog game. He need and this motherfucker crawled up through the Vincent and something out of the window. She drove him to the hotel and he got caught because he told that big fuck you as soon as he got out, and she that was my favorite guest right there, that niggas. He was a cold motherfucker, finitely so.
Speaker 2: And I want to bring Zeno and I want them as a guest. I was pusted. I wanted to ask you something that I asked all.
Speaker 1: Now or artists period, but particular the California artist. Is LA the most dangerous place for a rapper? I like how you're thinking about it. You just asked school Boy Q that I don't know if you saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that. Yeah. La is dangerous because of how the gang Elements set singing to play me growing up as a gang banger in hip hop. It was dangerous for myself. Wow, just because I was claiming a neighborhood. Niggas didn't like the neighborhood. So you have to carry that with your public figure. God damn right, So I had to. You got to move accordingly.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Man, it's today. Man, it's cool, but ship, I've had niggas tell me like nigga were supposed to get you, and niggas paid us to come at you, and nigga we saw you over here one day and won't they won't. It was It's a dangerous place. And just because of the like I said, when you are a rapper and you claim in a neighborhood, now you got that aspect because.
Speaker 1: Anybody, anybody got be for that neighborhood now has be for you.
Speaker 3: You God damn right, you could fuck about no rap music. That was my thing. Like I'm a rapper, but I'm still Niggas know me from back to the day. So it won't give a fuck because you're a rapper. Nigga, you at the motherfucking light and you in the neighborhood you ain't supposed to be in, you might get shot up. That is you have to man, And that ain't even got shit to do with the niggas who just out the jack niggas. You feel me. So now you're motherfucking hip hop artists and you come to La and niggas is greedy and they home, they gonna get on the aspect of shit. Now you just got the regular jack and niggas that ain't gotten nothing to do with the niggas who're gonna try to sweat you for game banging. And where you from and this is why you wearing that where you from or you from New York, Miami or whatever. Now it's like the aspect of shit, nigga that now we're just going to do some shit just because we want to show y'all. Nigga, it's treacherous out here, So it's dangerous as fuck. Now, motherfucking other places is just as greedy and grimy though rap life. God damn it if you from that, If you ain't the happy rapper, right, I don't give a fuck. If you ain't even claiming the neighborhood, if you associated with anything, you got to you got to watch out.
Speaker 1: I remember at one point though you being a rapper, like gave you that that that safety net, like.
Speaker 2: The hood would be proud of you. Like when did that change? Man? Was it the same for him from where he comes from? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Said that the internet made shit dangerous thog, Yeah, because you can see motherfuckers on where people at in real time.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm not. It's sad, but I don't love my family.
Speaker 5: Post ptictions like don't be doing that shit, but do we get home be doing that shit.
Speaker 3: It's a motherfucking you know, acceptance like the homies like, oh yeah, nigga will do, but that ain't got shit to do with the niggas on outside. We don't give a fuck because you rapping up, we beefing with your neighborhood. You from over there. I don't give a fuck if you rapping and got Grammys in a podcast and all that shit. Niggas you from over there. So if a niggas a fitting, especially if it's one of them niggas, if it's one of the motherfuckers, like I, don't give a fuck you he finished serve you, it don't matter. So that's just like I said, and that that right now. It gives us that attitude that we have in La to where some niggas don't fuck with some niggas, and some rappers don't fuck with some rappers because first it comes is there. First, their neighborhood is everything, and they rather please them than getting on the song with with with with sow And so you get me.
Speaker 5: And you got a lot of catch from out of town that's going out there starting to claim neighborhoods now right the most this is crazy.
Speaker 2: They you know, no, they that's the fuck that part about it.
Speaker 5: They really from these places, and a lot of times what happens is they come out they really hanging out with motherfuckers like you a million dollar man, What is you riding around with this program? Fucker that ain't gotten none to lose? Why you want to go hang out with him. I don't understand it now, motherfuckers is really and they hold.
Speaker 2: You to that.
Speaker 5: When you start talking the box, you gonna do this, they break and bring up like a motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Like I said when I was growing up in the hood, is treacherous.
Speaker 1: And and why why in particular La and that I believe school boy Q said because people come and check in. And he said he was like, most of the time when people check in, you checking in with somebody who got be for this other neighborhood. And do you think that's the problem.
Speaker 2: A lot of problems.
Speaker 3: I me being a old school cat, I don't you know. I never really got to checking anything. They just came to town. They came to town like I'm good friends with since way back Face Primo. Niggas come to town. They hit me up eight, what's up? Ship? Back in the days, I took Scarface and Bushwick through the hood with the with the with the heat and the trunk and everything. I mean, niggas gonna get me. They gonna get them, so I gotta protect them. Checking in is the thing niggas. You know they claim they do now, you know, because you know somebody I guess you're supposed to know somebody affiliated with the neighborhood, and you know, you want to let niggas know your presence then, but sometimes that might not be a good thing. You know, niggas want to post where they're at now location and do it. That's that new ship.
Speaker 5: I know you're there exactly, some motherfucker that's like movie ship. Like it's somebody at just waiting. I see them, and I ain't checking in with no motherfucker body. I'm gonna go handle my business and get the fuck on school.
Speaker 2: You said, Beverly Hills.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you come into town on some fucking pop.
Speaker 3: Industry ship, then stay industry.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Uh, you to go stay somewhere. Go venturing into the neighborhoods, you know. Uh, that's that's dangerous. You're taking that upon yourself. You know what I'm saying when you go in to them treacherous neighborhoods. Uh, when you visiting somebody town, like they said, if your ass is down some celebrity you know, Hollywood ship, Yeah, stay in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: It's just about being respectful to man, because you can go anywhere. Man. I think man. The Ghetto boys had a song called the World is a ghetto. That's the really shit. Ever you come down here being disrespectful. You you're talking about you know what I'm saying. You can be in one of these little towns on our skirts somewhere. You go up there talking slick. You know it's gonna be on. Man. You gotta remember, man, one thing that happened in the eighties. Man, and you had the migration of the dope game. You had a whole bunch of cash that was coming, you know, to the Midwest.
Speaker 2: So I said vacation like the real song.
Speaker 5: So what happened was, it's not like Motherfucker's was going to Saint Louis and just tying Saint Louis. Niggas up we go knowledge a block. No, they came down with them good price and came in love and peace. And that's how the work got done. Because you can't walk up in nobody's section talking about we run some shit. Man, you wrong, get sent home. I don't care where you're from.
Speaker 2: Real talk.
Speaker 1: Let's see yeah, come on, come on, see them, come on, come on. Right before we do, let's talk about Johnson Street and Compton.
Speaker 3: Johnson Street, that's where you're from right. I am from a neighborhood called Track New Park. I grew up in a neighborhood called spoop Town. What was on Johnson Street.
Speaker 2: It is all Compton, right, Yes.
Speaker 3: Uh, where I grew up is on the east side of Compton. You know, you would think, you know, regular neighborhood whatever, But it was vicious. We had the Mexican gangs over there. We had the Black gangs over there. Like I said, it was a thing that was CV seventies and it was a spoop towns. We lived at the end of the block, me moms, my sister, little brother. Around thirteen, I started gang banging.
Speaker 2: What year was that. I had to be early eighties, eighties.
Speaker 3: I was just you know, gang life was was what it was, man, you know, it was belonging. I didn't have an older brother, you know, cousins and all that was still back in Mississippi, you know, so it was just a way for I guess, for me to you know, had that love.
Speaker 2: You get me.
Speaker 3: My household.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: My sister was older, she was doing her thing. My little brother was too young. So I connected with the neighborhood. You get me and this one. It was all pre hip hop though, Like this was before hip hop. I really we didn't even have no fucking hip hop, so then there was a big difference. So there was a big difference when hip hop came. Yeah, we had a lot of techno ship, a lot a lot of our music was about time, you know, we started listening to Sucker and Seeds and ship like that. Linzo and them came along, Wrecking Crew and then uh we had l A Dream Team.
Speaker 2: Do you think yeah, I think changed the gang culture.
Speaker 8: Like did you see the difference pre hip hop and then when hip hop came and even before the gangster lyrics? When hip hop came to l A, Right, how did it affect the gang culture? Did turn it up? Was it more because if the bloods are rapping and like the.
Speaker 2: Crips like social media.
Speaker 3: Exactly because you gotta figure like it was already heated in content. It was just because of the mother I mean just the gang culture in l A period, niggas was already hated nigga. We was we were blast on you off a flashlight nigga from parliament with no fucking hip hop.
Speaker 2: You did me.
Speaker 3: We cruising the fucking atomic dog and in parliament.
Speaker 2: But now hip hop's coming.
Speaker 3: People are like, but see our hip hop first came, it was that ship. It was l a dream. It wasn't no hard nigga. We didn't get hard until Easy came.
Speaker 2: And even then they weren't really claiming Colors.
Speaker 3: And then no, we had to bang in on wax record.
Speaker 2: You just come out.
Speaker 3: I just came in like the like late eighties?
Speaker 2: Did that? Did that? Did that song have just as much impact as it did?
Speaker 3: The record?
Speaker 8: That song a huge It had a huge Boston, Boston went crazy.
Speaker 3: Colors had a huge impact on us because it got to show the world l a gang banking it. It made it made us famous. Nigga, You give me niggas all around the world. See this blu and this red fel. That's when motherfuckers really start. You had real hardcore gangsters then like motherfuckers that was with it. That's when you start getting a gang member because it became real trendy, kind of like if you was a cripple.
Speaker 5: All the bras like cripple. You know That's what I'm saying. They wanted them a motherfucking cripple.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The nigga that was a crip word, blood because you know, there was a lot of money in the street back then.
Speaker 1: A lot of you that I noticed, K characters that I got. Great, it's gonna sound, I know, biggae, look mad fun.
Speaker 2: Though I tell you something.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Saying was.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like like Cube saying it's a good day today. So nigga, you have thirty forty niggas at a picnic. Well, we just in the hood, you know, in five or six others on us on the same block. We're trying to hustle money. We're going to the store, trying to piece up on the drink and the weed and a good day niggas. Niggas getting a box of chicken and we in the back and then you know the females is around. That's when you ain't really you're always beefing with somebody. But you get days where nigga, we might we might go thirty deep to the bowling allogy at night. Nigga, you know what I'm saying. And niggas ain't bowling.
Speaker 2: That's when you win nobody in.
Speaker 3: The lot with the lolos. But that's what for some reason niggas went through the bowling. I mean that's what we did. It was when you had good days, it was good days. But then when you was on high alert, it was nervous. It was it was it was critical. You get me, police coming through every day, somebody going to jail, you know, somebody fighting, you know whatever. But to me, it was everything. Like you said, shit was everything, man. And you know, homies got killed, you know, homies got sent to prison for a long times. But like I tell people every day, I wouldn't trade that shit for nothing because it allowed me to see and and be a part of what I was able to bring into the world.
Speaker 2: You give me.
Speaker 3: A lot of people was confused about what we was doing. The colors and rags and ship and there was more than that. You get me, And.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's it for as deep as motherfuckers on the outside make it. From what I see is not. Again, I'm not no game banging, but you.
Speaker 9: Know I'm a nigga just like you.
Speaker 2: Monster.
Speaker 5: Still, I'm gonna tell you, like the Homie Glasses, Malone, the Homie mugs, break it down, the best game banging at this core is all about community. It's all about what community years. It's like, you know, to be technical. Y'all banged the frek. That's your neighborhood. That's your neighborhood. When you go back home, do it don't matter where you at because you poppy, right, you know when you go back there, you poppy. You always gonna be popping good no matter where you go in this world. So it's all about really community. Man, it ain't about like motherfuckers ain't running around all. They just killing each other. But they can't get that way. That's the thing about it. It could be real good at one time, and that's what made me say fuck that I had because the one thing about it ain't hard to get in the gang. I'm a six foot four, two ninety five pound dude. Yeah, they would just let you. And you know what I'm saying, been forced to do something like it's hard to join the game.
Speaker 3: They don't be like y'all got to court the home head.
Speaker 2: Every saying the Homi Farm. You seeing me? Man, if I went and went to jail, you'd have been from the set. Home. You been from the set, because it's just that easy. So it's all.
Speaker 5: But those were all my friends. So I saw the dynamic early and I was at Loan Beach, and at that time at Long Beach it was only three neighborhoods. It was you know, Long Beach, Insane twenties and what's the name of the Mexican gang over there? God forgot the Mexican gang over there. Then you got the little rascals like the Filipino game ain't right, and the Long Beast Long Goos, that's the Mexican gag.
Speaker 2: Over and they put in work too, don't play either. Oh, they don't play either, to.
Speaker 5: Shoot your ass. And so you think about I'm on a football team, so it's dudes from insane twenties and these all homies, the homies insanem to give me my work, the homies from twenties. You don't let me hold a couple of guns over at the crib. So I'm cool with everybody. Never wanted to get into that. They was asked and I was like, no, I'm cool. Just let me be just who I am. Man, let me stay Ohio, my nigga. And I just kept that whole thing because that's what people getting problems that you can't play with gang banging because these dudes ain't playing. Because again it's state community. This man is don't been all around the world, but he's still tracking you. He had another shirt to the point he had another shirt on for fuck that is still comping. I gotta wear this to let motherfuckers know that's important to them. You can't play with that. You feel what I'm saying, That's how people get hurt.
Speaker 10: I heard you say too as you said that, Pac.
Speaker 2: I know we spoke about Park earlier.
Speaker 1: He said Park gang banging or getting into the gangs was actually moving moving backwards for him, for him.
Speaker 3: Because I just think that it seems like being in the steels position you you weren't born and raised in the neighborhood. You started claiming. So I think that at his status or where he was, you get me, it was it was probably backwards to want to claim the gang. You get me to each his own when you are around that you want to be long what he wanted to belong, You get me.
Speaker 1: I could see. I could see. I could see what you're saying. But I can also see him too, like like you know, just wanting to be a part of something, like you know.
Speaker 2: A young man. We said all the time, we forget how.
Speaker 3: Young and being and like I said, you coming from a situation where he was just in prison, locked down, and then the nigga who comes gets you is heavily influenced and affiliated.
Speaker 1: And he's not really from there. He wasn't blood his whole life. He became blood afterwards. He was a football player.
Speaker 2: Like you, right right.
Speaker 3: So I get the you know, damn you know, these niggas clicked up and they mother fucking representing and they all mobbing at one motherfucking beat, and everybody here is is, oh yeah, I'm I'm itching to be a part of that. So I get getting caught up in that. But there's ways that you still could have been accepted. Example, he comes from Cleveland, He around the hood, niggas, he doing hood ship with him, getting money with him, They watching his back. Fuck it. If niggas get into it, he gonna fuck it. That's the home.
Speaker 2: Let's say I open the thing with Park.
Speaker 8: Though Park was with the ship store like even and I never but I'm saying so even if it was like maybe like whatever it was before that, but once he started getting with induced, Park was the frontline nigga.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Part wasn't one to just be talking and then go and then let the niggas the body got Parks gonna be up in the front.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna yeah, like like I've been here all my life since day one. Yeah, And I'm gonna be an active nigga, active with it. You know. I'm not gonna just be like, oh yeah, the the homies, whatever, ship nigga. If it's started going down, I'm probably gonna be the first one to take a swing.
Speaker 8: But that's the thing with pop pop, Like everything that he was talking about, he would make sure that he that he that he was about that.
Speaker 3: And you went on tour with Park and everything, right. I did a couple of shows with Papa. Yeah. We did the show in Milwaukee where we got out of hand.
Speaker 2: Oh Man ship.
Speaker 3: I think this was right after the the young kid got killed in Chicago. We had a show in Milwaukee and he got on stage and he stopped. The music stopped, and some commotions was going on with dudes in the audience, and pistol came out, got shot up in the air, and niggas got to jumping on stage, and the whole it seemed like the whole downtown area of Milwaukee at the time was just motherfuckers was running through hotels, tearing ship up like it was a mess. It was a real riot happened, and I don't think Milwaukee had a rap show for a long.
Speaker 1: Time after that. So let me ask you, is there a difference? What is and what is the difference?
Speaker 10: Did you the underground Tupac to death Row Tupaca.
Speaker 2: And in between?
Speaker 1: Because he had a whole in between him the whole time, all versions, Man.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I could say, like, you know, just being you know, just trying to figure like you said, being young, trying to figure your way out, but coming through obstacles and ship and coming through you know, like you said, going from digital underground Tupac to death Row Tupac. He'd been through a lot of shit, Yeah you get me, and a lot of incidents, the Oakland incident, the shipping that the police and shit can change you, man. And then I think, really that last fucking hit with him going to prison, it started making your mentality go like, man, fuck this shit, you get me. Damn By him being able to get out, it's not like the look at the environment he got out to go into. Now you're around a gang of vicious Compton, niggas ready to you know, get whatever is whatever. So I think that transition of life and not being able to find a settle or a calm motherfucking outcome because we all had to get there at one point. You got to take yourself from Damn. It's this path. Like like me, I was like, man, this, I don't know if if a serving is gonna work, We're going to jail every other mother.
Speaker 8: If you got to take the situation with Puck with you saying was looking all that at all that his mother, all that, you know what I'm saying, Like all the panthers, he was looking at all that shit going on.
Speaker 3: So that right there shaped them. Sometimes you sometimes you can find a way quicker than some niggas. I tell my son this ship all the time. Sometime the road is longer, man, to get what you want to get. You see nigg and niggas pop up today and next thing you know, they up here, and you be like God, damn, he was always working and doing all this motherfucking ship. And I'm still I said, sometimes you gotta settle yourself because it's gonna take you a longer. He was gonna get there still you're gonna get there eventually, but sometimes you gotta take the long roll. Man.
Speaker 5: God damn well, well yeah, my god brother producers part. He was the first one from l A DJ Bob Cat strictly for my niggas on the album right there, and that's when he was coming the wrong a lot. That's when he had him in there with Thread and Cube and then they did the joint then. And he was a young dude though. Man, that's what I was gonna say. He always had the hood around him because Bob. You think about Bob, that's Roland forties right there, right, that's rolling forty crib. And Bob was producing a lot of stuff for him because at that same time, Bob was producing for Rootless, Yeah DJ Bob.
Speaker 3: With the with the yeah.
Speaker 1: Bone had my first A lesson. I was number one. I was feeling myself. I went to l A. I was in the back stage.
Speaker 2: It was twenty of us year was that this is ninety ninety eight literally in my life. I got said, yeah, I got im. I was broadcasting that's that one, snoop. Let me get better the same crew. Yeah, battle Cat So.
Speaker 1: So they're like, yo, battle Cat is out there. He wants to take a picture or he wanted to order something something. He was like and my people was just like, yo, you know he is chilling. And I just heard him in the background.
Speaker 2: I'll have a fucking crops up there, and I was like, tell the nick, let's go, and I went out.
Speaker 1: Whenever he had who he wanted, I did, and I just I remember, I was like, yo, that's my first lesson, Like, doesn't matter how deep you are when you and somebody else's hood, respect their route.
Speaker 2: And I did and I did so the battle.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you, right, whenever I like, sometimes I walk on the beach right down here, right and I could just see people walking by. As soon as a person walking by, I'm like that dude right there is from New York.
Speaker 2: Like I could just know, like I don't have to see it.
Speaker 1: Is it like that with LA people, Because let me just acc you. Sometimes I do get approached what I'm in l A and somebody would say where you from?
Speaker 2: What neighborhood you from?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: And I'll be like New York. They're like, all right, yeah, leave. It's like they don't give a fuck. As long as soon as I opened my mouth, They're like he's not the ods, he'll leave. So can you see somebody and be like, look at somebody and be like he from the neighborhood, Oh definitely, But they open in their mouth, Oh definitely.
Speaker 2: Just they man.
Speaker 3: Certain hood niggas got mannerism. There's a lot of goofy shit going on today, but a real hood nigga is they. We just moved different, man, we moved different.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: We we're not outspoken. We don't be all chatty chatty with motherfuckers. We just sit back and observe, man, and you're gonna know a real hood and then the real hood nigga don't acknowledge you back with just a simple that's it. We ain't gonna say, oh where you from or woof you won't we We tend to not, you know, the ship. If you're a real nigga, you're from somewhere, so we're trying to we bypass that. But there definitely you can spot a goofy nigga or want to be from a real nigga.
Speaker 1: Right now, let me ask you, have you ever been cool prior to you know, you being older when when you was younger. We're just round the part you have you ever been cool with a blood when it wasn't cool to be cool to blood?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I knew plenty of bloods back in my Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's the misconception that that's what.
Speaker 3: Please Some dudes might be family members. You got a lot of family members that claim different neighborhood. You might have a cousin who's a blood.
Speaker 5: I know that.
Speaker 3: My thing back, you know with that is it's just a respect you give me. I know you a blood, I'm a crypt. But you know it wasn't like but with some instances it's like on site you a blood, I'm a crypt. Back then it was.
Speaker 2: So what determines the instances?
Speaker 3: I guess it gotta be if I was cool with a nigga now I used to dirt bike ride with blood, because you get.
Speaker 2: Me ball dirt bike rider, something that has nothing to do with the streets.
Speaker 3: If you have some type, if I already had that connection with you, then got you. Like I said, a lot of a lot of us probably went to school together and then once high school came and we moved at different days.
Speaker 8: So if you're shipping with him and your corp niggas seeing you would you would be like, yo, he's cool. How would you explain what I'm saying? You know you you can't.
Speaker 3: I can't do thathing When I got fifteen crip niggas on my mama front porch and my sister got blood by by baby by blood, nigga, he coming over, he nigga, red strings, red hat ons, crazy and when he walk up, the niggas that don't know him is like, the fuck is baby wearing red and blue? The fuck is this nigga? And oh that's pat Leave my nigga alone. He all good.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, and you can control that. You could be like.
Speaker 3: No, you you, Oh, you're gonna have to deal with my fucking sister. She ain't finna have that. She don't get a fucking few niggas is crips, bloods essays or whatever. Leave my fucking nigga alone, and that's what's gonna happen. So you got to a cool He don't come over like okay, we know your blood. Okay, he ain't coming over like like blood and nothing like what up? Eight blood?
Speaker 2: It's all about respect coming on respectful.
Speaker 3: And this nigga were drinking forties and passing the weed and once the niggas. That's with me. See that, Oh they like to can hear Nigga won't all.
Speaker 2: That it's allowed, he could.
Speaker 3: Set all that's.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It's it's differences, Like you don't know a nigga is man Like the code is we beefing with this hood, right, we beefing with this blood hood or that's that's feel and McCoy way back in the days, that's what we did. We beefing with them. But that's how I know this nigga Like, I'm not feinna be like stick him up or killing niggas. Nigga, he was cool with me. He ain't beefing with them.
Speaker 2: He cool.
Speaker 3: He a blood But you know it's now we might be our ride one day and decide to jump out on some niggas.
Speaker 2: It's just that happens in real wars. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: I can't clarify, but like my o G niggas they were cool with some blood. Nigga's like, you get to a point to where I might have to cop from the blood Nigga who's saying that you got the heavy setting? You get me And if I'm serving nigga, I'm not discriminating you coming over here to get this motherfucking work. Then here you go like I'm trying to get money now.
Speaker 1: For you you right, Let me let me switch with the question a little bit. You not being an offtiate gang banger, but rolling with gang members, does that automatically make you get by association?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 5: It could depending on the situation, depending on what we got going together. Now if me and this man, now this is all prior to me becoming the podcast muggulon, you know, so this is a long time ago listening, you know, probably doing my thing. If we don't put something together where we got eighty pounds going out of time through the mail and me and you got some business together. I don't give a fuck about that crip or that blood shit. You're going money play right now. We want to make sure, you know, we want to mitigate our losses and make sure we get to our money right. And it's all about respect. Like I tell you, I'm real cool with Big U. Shouts at the Homie draws. I've met him through the blood Homie, Tony Lane. You met big a blood home through blood Homie Tony to that managed sugar Free was manager Djech quick. You know he man down right now. Shout at the homie and prayers up for him. But I met him through him through some U football stuffers. I used to have a popping U football chaff. You know, were real big in the sports. You know, one thing over out on the West coast. We take care of our as we coach football, do all kinds of little fly ship for the you know, little youth leagues and stuff like that. I had a youth league in Paramont. Big you had to crench y'all. He had to with the Crenshall coach crenchyall rams And he called me one day with told me on the phone talking ship like yea, we will fuck you all up do this that. Of course I went over there to make the little kid is football ship. That ship big, you know, just like it is. You know, that's what that. California got a lot of similarities with Miami. When to South Florida when it yeah, yeah, election election.
Speaker 2: Election reacts, y'all.
Speaker 1: Both this question, do you think Nipsey would still be alive if he didn't put that store in the hood?
Speaker 5: Answer that first, good question, Go ahead, motherfucker's gonna be mad at me. But I keep real. Hell, motherfucking yeah, I think you know. I think it's one of those things, man, to where you dealing with a lot of different dynamics when it comes to the hood. Nor are you from the hood. We all come from similar circumstances around this table, right. You just can't change certain motherfucker's mindset.
Speaker 2: Dog, you know.
Speaker 5: But then again, I believe in God, homie, So when it's God's time, it might not have mattered what he was over there in the hood or down here on South Beach walking around somewhere of sex. You know, if it was his time, it was his time, you know what I mean. I believe in God too, though, bro. But I always wonder that the me and the homies would debate that sometimes because I'm the type of dude I don't believe. I think it's just too different. I can just come from a place where you can't help everybody. Dog, they gonna still find a way to fuck up.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: You get a homeye, twenty thousand and thirty thousand dollars to put it in on his barbershop, and he fulling around trying to move a package out of town or some shit. Some motherfuckers just ain't gonna do right, dog, So you just gotta be co conscious of that shit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Some mother fuckers's not gonna go do what they're supposed to do, how about you?
Speaker 3: Nip Nip was a true uh representative of his neighborhood. He wanted to keep all of that in his neighborhood. Of course, he could have went to Beverly Hills or you know.
Speaker 2: And all that to.
Speaker 3: Open the store, but I think, uh, he wanted to show niggas that I'm gonna keep the bread here like niggas talk about it, you know, give back to the block and you know, buy your own and ship. He wanted to really, you know, he really wanted to show that. And that gained you a lot of motherfucking respect just in the streets alone. You feel me being able to give that. Nigga, you and you're on your block. Nigga got a major store, and you major this and that now and you still right here.
Speaker 2: Also get niggas knocked down every day.
Speaker 3: Not actually I mean that really that came from from some other shit. You get me, because if you're able to be cool with motherfuckers and you able to maintain a certain then you don't have beef with niggas. You get me. That's and that's the problem with shit. You can't prevent another niggas jealousy. Man, you give me you can't. Like I tell niggas every day. I'm cool with every motherfucking body, But it's somebody out there that don't like a nigga, and not because I don't shot up a nigga lock or did some shit or whatever. Who knows, Maybe because we come from the same motherfucking place and you ain't as well off or you ain't inna do it. But nigga shit, it's still a struggle every day. It's why I tell a motherfucker. But you can't prevent niggas jealousy. So and if you want to remain grounded to where you come from, which he nigga, everybody know he represented the sixties to the fullers. And even though I'm on a different motherfucking plateau right now, I'm gonna still show niggas that if it wasn't from where I came from, then none of this would be possible. So if I can buy a building in the hood and then keep it on some positive shit, but niggas ain't gonna be breaking into it or striking it up, and everybody gonna protect it and look at it as the neighborhood store. I don't be right there, But like I said, you can't prevent niggas who were in the cut who because like you said, you can get caught. You can get caught anywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can get caught anywhere, man, And I remember that shit happened. That shit was sad shit though, like they called the homie's phone. He was over my house and that shit was in real time on FaceTime, And I was wondering what nigga FaceTime on us? Man, you got you got a pistol? Nigga, shoot the nigga, do something, call the police, like why you find the fuck you're calling us? You feel what I'm saying, It's like, shit is crazy, Dog, I don't seen more motherfuckers.
Speaker 11: Get you in real time. It was happening is on FaceTime, Dog, I swear the guy you guy asked on the glasses alone. Man, he was sitting right there, my mother fucking doner, like, why are you calling me? Like like it got a pistol? Like I've never seen so many niggas with pistols, but don't shoot no motherfucking buddy.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna going to LA for years, and you know, I'm cool with Dazz and Corrupt, and I would go to their shows and Snoop sometimes and Nipsey though, I'll tell you this. When I went to his show, it was the first time I actually seen all of l A coaching come out, Like every single people came out like I kid you not, I'm talking about I don't know if there was gang members, but it's Chinese people it was.
Speaker 2: It was Latinos.
Speaker 1: I had because in New York that it's very common to see Latinos and blacks together in l A. I didn't see that a lot. You get that show, I see that the show, I see that Nipsey show. That was the first time I was like, holy.
Speaker 2: Ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So like I felt like I felt like in that sense, he was almost as powerful as Malcolm X.
Speaker 2: Like that's how I like, that's.
Speaker 3: How powerful he was, Like I said to a lot of people, he was like he was the essence of what you're supposed to do and be. When you from l A and you claim a neighborhood or whatever two people he was.
Speaker 2: He was just that.
Speaker 3: You get me, uh, you know, we we had that element like when Easy first started rapping.
Speaker 2: Easy.
Speaker 3: You know, Compton was vicious, but Easy had it to where niggas felt good about being from Compton. You give me.
Speaker 5: We had.
Speaker 3: Nigga when Easy came out, Nigga, I don't give a funk who you was, blood crip, Mexican nigga.
Speaker 2: You loved boy like you.
Speaker 3: Loved boys in the hood record when we first heard him, because it was like, oh shit, this nigga represents us.
Speaker 2: Right, you get me always jump.
Speaker 3: Got it duck.
Speaker 8: But you had a fun row seat to that, like that whole Easy earlierly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely it changed or it changed the culture of our music, and it allowed a lot of us who basically didn't know what the fuck we was finna be doing. So we're finna be gang banging, going to prison and seitaries, man, because like I said, as a youngster, I ain't see shit else right, you get me. You go from nigga, I'm watching super Friends on Saturdays, eating Captain Crunch. Next thing you know you like out here like Nigga, what the fuck I'm for be serving carrying a pistol and niggas hit the block with the lights on. Niggas times start shooting. You don't see nothing else after that. You get me. You see homies dying, You see a couple of homies coming up off the dope game. But for the most part, nigga we on the block every day.
Speaker 8: So did you ever make any music with random, any of them at any point?
Speaker 3: I started right when Easy got sick. I had started writing some songs for him. For him, yeah, oh damn, your lyrics coming.
Speaker 2: I can hear you.
Speaker 3: I can hear your lyrics I've never heard. I think I wrote like two songs for Easy, but nothing came out. No, because he got sick.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear. Oh he never recorded him at all.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I know the dude I was fucking with back then. He had a close relationship with them. So he came to me one day and said, Easy might want you to write them a couple of songs.
Speaker 6: And you were already putting out records. Yes, was one, It was already out.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I wrote two songs and they wanted me to lay the lyrics to him, and I never did it because he got sick.
Speaker 5: Yes, they had some ship dog because I heard his song because you know, Bob can he was doing when she was. After Drake left, my god brother started doing a lot of the staff production over there, and Bob played me a record with Wren easy, motherfucking doctor Dre and Q like the n W A ship that ship Still to this day, I asked small time man play that ship for me. Said, Hey, motherfucking the hardest ship I.
Speaker 2: Ever heard those dog that was hard after the beach, after the beef, like the was gonna get this.
Speaker 5: And all of them sound and the beat was so motherfucking crazy dog. It was just was like the silent crazy a lot he was early days. Man, please Rn Man, come on, man, she swallowed it and all that.
Speaker 2: Mother he was crazy.
Speaker 3: Wren is uh, he's more the silent partner. He's very quiet.
Speaker 2: And he was real loyal to the situation.
Speaker 3: I talked to Wren. You was you really was around?
Speaker 8: Like what I found out about you, I did my homework, like and like your knowledge of hip hop is you got a great knowledge of hip hop?
Speaker 2: Right it was.
Speaker 8: I watched a couple of interviews, but it's like, you know, growing up you know, like in Compton, Like that's where arguably gangster hip hop, you know what I'm saying, Like it was made when you came with your sound, it.
Speaker 2: Was like the piano strings, the hot high pitchure.
Speaker 8: It was different from most of the other gang banging like you really.
Speaker 2: Everybody was used that sound.
Speaker 3: Everybody was doing a lot of bpms, was up in the high notes, and it was fast slowed all the way down. When I started rapping, you know, I like movies. I would always like when the movie get to that part, know somebody from the die or the jump out to it. So I always wanted my music to fit.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, because music to.
Speaker 3: Tell the soundtrack or the story that was going on. So I never got into the fast paced ship because I wanted niggas to hear me like I'm Frienna, I'm sit down and listen to what I'm gonna tell you. What's that producer? Who was that DJ Slip produced? I wanted my ship to be the soundtrack to the streets. So ship, you're getting me niggas struggling, motherfucking they just drove by Miss Daisy, motherfucking the hood took me under. Niggas still struggling. I wanted niggas to know, like, Nigga, it's real, like it's real fucked up where I'm from, Like, and I'm getting a chance to tell motherfuckers Nigga. Last night, so and so got shot with the k and then the homies went and did this and block blah blah. Then the ones came through Nigga and they took all of us to jail. And now we're sitting up nigga. Y'all need to hear this ship because you cannot tell me that so mighty over there and with the jail to night and there or just getting caught up. So I wanted my ship to be sinister. And when you sat back and listened to my ship.
Speaker 2: You can envision the hell motherfuck it.
Speaker 3: Ye, it wasn't the same La drive by on the Nigga right now.
Speaker 2: So how crazy was it for you? When when finally it was a soundtrack record on Boys in the Hood, Oh man, that was because that it's exactly what you're describing you wanted to create.
Speaker 3: I used to hang out with Shout Out my dude j D from the Lynch.
Speaker 2: Bob.
Speaker 3: Me and him was real good friends. And this was at the time where they was filming boys Jays, that's locked up there, J shout out my nigga, JD. So we used to go up to the set. You know, they was with Q whatever whatever. I didn't even know John single to but you.
Speaker 2: Had already film minutes or no before. But he had the hand in both.
Speaker 3: This was when I had what was I did? I just dropped one time gaffled them up and so the video was out whatever blah blah. Saw I go up to the set with JD and John Singleton come out the trailer and me and JD just standing there smoking. He walked right up to me. He said, that video as hard as fuck.
Speaker 2: What video he talking about?
Speaker 3: He talked about one time gaffled them up. That was my first And I'm looking like, who is this motherfucker? And he was like, oh, this is my movie and I'm shooting boys in the Hood. And I was like yeah, Like I'm still a young nigga hood nigga. I'm like yeah, whatever, you know, I'm gonna get you on my soundtrack. And I was like, man, please, this nigga ain't fucking with me. And no, he was like no, no, man, I'm telling you and like two weeks later they called and so I got to see the movie. And then I was going to the set every day, so I got to see the movie.
Speaker 2: Boys and the Hood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to make the lig while they was making it. So I was like, oh, this ship going to be easy as fun. Nigga growing up in the hood, nigga, this the year and I didn't even know what the fuck was going to happen, And moms was treating me like I wasn't shipping, and my younger brother was getting all the love because I was at home in the hood with a single mom with a younger brother, and I was the middle kid. So I'm like, nigga, this is me right, So it was easy to pin that type of you seen the movie before everybody else? Ya, I was on me in a little.
Speaker 8: Did you know it was gonna be as big as it was? Did you know it was gonna be as big as it was when you've seen it?
Speaker 3: I thought it was because those movies started jumping off, you get me. Tupac did Juice, they did South Central with Plumber. There we had colors. So I'm like, oh this, I'm like this ship friing it take off like.
Speaker 6: It was more authentic or you felt like one of those movies, like all of them were the same.
Speaker 3: It was different, but it still showed neighborhood incidents. I think that's why Boys in the Hood did so.
Speaker 2: Good, because it felt more real than the other movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was you know, with Trey and the college and all that shit. That was something different. You know, as you've seen in Minutes. You know, it was totally different. You know, many stay was just trying to show niggas in the hood and how a nigga trying to escape. You know what I'm saying. When you got the script a wax. When you got the script right, when you got like, did you okay? You know because the script was like your life, so you could really write. You can relate to what's in there.
Speaker 8: So when you're on the movie set, I'm sure that there's a lot of improvision going on.
Speaker 3: And like your improvisers, right, they let me do a lot of adlets. So what scene do you think you improvised that was off script and that made.
Speaker 8: It seem better? What part of the movie that was like because of you? That's my favorite movie. That's a great mess.
Speaker 6: Two movies to me or so I got.
Speaker 3: The ad lib the killing park. That was like a lot of me ad, living, burgers, staying and a lot of meat inside.
Speaker 2: You mean, before you get to the murder.
Speaker 3: While we're going to the battle and we're talking and all that. When I'm geting that was all improvosed in the park where I ran in the back and was like, hey, you need something.
Speaker 2: That was all I probably always told you this.
Speaker 10: You did that role so good for years I was scared of you too good.
Speaker 2: I was just like, that's him, man.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you were active, and I was like he has to have experienced somehow.
Speaker 3: I wasn't really acting because it's like niggas. You there's one all three nigga killed a homie and I get a chance, you put yourself Adam, shoot you once I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go the whole thing on you. They kick you and call your punk ass nigga and like let's go hill Is.
Speaker 2: It was like you gassed the little homies.
Speaker 1: It's like if you think about it, like I watched it come this morning again and I'm like.
Speaker 3: You the o g Then I'm telling niggas going to this ship.
Speaker 2: Go go go.
Speaker 3: Don't do that ship while we're right here.
Speaker 1: That's what I didn't remember that to this morning. I'm watching, I'm like, wait a minute, this nigga's old ship.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh Jesus fluence do a lot of ship, nigga. Go some niggas across the street and get right now. What's her name? The one with the what's her name? The one with the dress that was in there with y'all? That was all who played the homegirl.
Speaker 2: She got the same girl and that was in uh uh you know New Jack City. Was that the same one who said rock the block? Baby? Was that the okay scene? That's one of the other scenes she was.
Speaker 3: She was like a young actress or whatever from l A. She she was okay, sure, yeah, getting the park Like I didn't know the niggas was gonna choose me. It was brother, yeah, they had it was it was me and mc wren who was going out.
Speaker 2: For the pot. I can't picture now because they told me.
Speaker 3: They told me, uh, they want I read for it and they wanted Wing to Red read for it. I don't know if he actually did. She would have got an award for that because every rapper wanted to like when they watched you wanted to be like I wanted to be wax like it was.
Speaker 2: Old dogging and you know what I'm saying. Okay, but right the way you did your ship bro.
Speaker 8: And then to have the song on it all like like that had to be like you know, like something's just something's just clicked that it just clicked.
Speaker 2: Like I hadn't know.
Speaker 3: I never you know again, they hit me up. I went out. I read. I didn't think the niggas was going. I'm like, Nigga, y'all can go get tupac or mother. I mean, when y'all got y'all can get motherfucking juice.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, man that they called me like they called me like three times and on the third time they was like, yeah, you got the part, and I was like okay and ship. So I just when I read the script and I seen what the movie about, I'm like, oh man, I was yesterday, you give me. I was on the block, like I said, up until then, I was stealing in.
Speaker 2: The Did you like the process of making the film?
Speaker 3: No? Man, wait all that ship Man call time at five o'clock in the fucking morning. And then sometimes you're sitting around all day and then you don't even shoot your scene and next thing you know, they tell you can leave and you've been up there nine hours and ship.
Speaker 2: So it was.
Speaker 3: It was some days it was cool. Some days I was like, non, fuck this ship. But in the end it was all worth it.
Speaker 5: You hear.
Speaker 3: It put us as far as CMW and me on a different plateau.
Speaker 2: And the song was a hit.
Speaker 3: We was able to extending I'm I'm going overseas now and all kinds of shit, so you know, it was. It was a beautiful thing. Always shout out to the Huge Brothers for that.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm just be honest with you, that's shout. That scene is so classic, like so classic. Today I was with my my younger on Younger Homies, younger than me, and I was just like you can see minutes and they was just like it was looking at me like I was like, you didn't see that scene, and it was like the fact that they didn't know. I felt like they couldn't read, Like I was.
Speaker 2: Like, you don't want to read what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: That thing when he said all these parts of your homie, when when he said to him your home.
Speaker 2: You need some help.
Speaker 12: And then I was like, got got up all I was like, oh he did that before.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get into the quick Time. Damn.
Speaker 1: Somebody sending to Zeno. Somebody uh send him the quick Time of slime. You got you got Zeno number?
Speaker 2: Ask? Yeah? Hold on all right, cool me stop.
Speaker 8: I don't even drink right, as long as drink you we're go.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we're gonna let me drink more. I think I think you're we don't drinking.
Speaker 1: He came with a mission that, but we're gonna get you a designated drinker.
Speaker 3: Okay, bring him on.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna drink?
Speaker 3: Swallowing?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Sonny, you have a bus drink Yeah, drinks for you. You're not gonna have Yeah, and no genos because being that Sunday is from Boston, he'll be you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna say that.
Speaker 14: Come on, come on, let me see that.
Speaker 2: I should have man, I was looking for so much to that. I should have brought that. All right, Damn, you know you're driving right cool, We're good? Yeah? No, no, no, no, yeah, bro, somebody standing there for me.
Speaker 1: No, No, Sunny's gonna stay the Sunny. Yea drink? Come on, drink Javanese. Yeah, so so you use my white friend.
Speaker 3: If you drinking, you're drinking, got.
Speaker 2: Shot shot shot, were drinking with you? We drinking too too.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's let's go.
Speaker 1: It's a long game, but we're gonna have some fun with.
Speaker 2: I mean, it could be zero.
Speaker 5: Who we have.
Speaker 6: We had someone recently, we had a guess that we drank like one shot out of twenty.
Speaker 2: Questions, who was it? No? No, but that I was here though I wasn't an at t K was smith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you ready? You got the rules? Damn you know you're explaining the rules better.
Speaker 6: We're gonna give you two choices, right, if you pick one, no drinking, right if you say if you say both. If you don't pick like you say both are neither, that's not picking. We all take a shot and then anything anybody we mentioned like if you've got a story, please, let's let's go in.
Speaker 2: And we were trying to bring up stories, you know, and Senos band from this park.
Speaker 1: Drink this especially on this one he's drinking through a smokes he loves but he looks.
Speaker 2: You ready, Yeah, let's go tupac or easy? Easy?
Speaker 1: Okay, that was easy, easy okay, ice Cube or Snoop Dogg Cube.
Speaker 2: Man the Big Bow Wild Snoop Dogg Dog Okay, Okay, no, no, no, that's cool. That's cool. Got doctor Dre or d J quick Drey God damn man asked questions, don't y'all man, you could say both. If you say both, we drink uh ship, I should just take the easy brought out.
Speaker 1: Man ship both drink you take, get your shot.
Speaker 6: Jamie, you gotta shot take yeah, take goes right, yeah, he go ahead.
Speaker 2: But see what he wants for a son, Jamie Krim what this should be? Some ship over there? I got what you're drinking over man, wanna what's that? Dominican, Dominicans, Dominican maken Dominican making the minute, somethings like beginning. Look you.
Speaker 3: Don't stick up present Dominican. Then you stopped playing. I gotta hit this ship now.
Speaker 2: No no wait.
Speaker 1: Nas or jay z ns nice Okay, I was I went from Queens I respect that.
Speaker 2: To shore or e forty you're taking the thing.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 2: Don't don't do the forty. Oh man, I'm a drink dog Jeers, let's go, Sonny, you're gonna like this. Kendrick Lamar Jacob.
Speaker 3: Counting all that.
Speaker 2: I knew that.
Speaker 5: I knew, Hey, man, I don't knew that since he was sixteen or fifteen years old. Dog g, that's this family right there out all day, all.
Speaker 2: Day, the top dog. This would not let y'all go against that. I knew that. Yeah, all eyes on me or me against the world. Oh yeah, drink.
Speaker 3: All eyes on me, All eyes on me? Okay, analog or digital? Analog me too, and a log me too. I'm gonna take a shot for that, even though I ain't got that.
Speaker 2: I I love analog, man, I wish.
Speaker 1: I always say the reason why our music was better back then was because we had to make records together.
Speaker 2: I couldn't send you we had it. We couldn't send you no fu eight inch rail personal. It was more personal, so we had to. Like the music came out rhymes as he wrote it, you know what I mean? Like that it is like, it's much better.
Speaker 1: So I'm taking it even though I ain't got to take I'm gonna take a shot for that.
Speaker 2: I got the next one, King t Ice Tea, the tease King t I knew he was gonna say that.
Speaker 3: That's comes in cont Kings both of us grew up on I grew up on King t All of his first ship on tech no Hop. I was on take hop as a young artist. So the coolest paybacks to mother. You better bring the gun.
Speaker 2: I think he's he's like appreciated, like he's such a legend.
Speaker 3: He's definitely underrated, under definitely underrated, under appreciation.
Speaker 2: Taking the forest time before time. And we don't take no hop to come on? Come on all right? So Death Bro or Ruthless Records? Oh where'd you go?
Speaker 1: That's a great one, bro, Death Bro. You you you're too big to pick ruthless. You gotta pick death Row. I'm gonna tell you something. It just looks like a death. It wouldn't be no death ro. Who wasn't no ruthless. I guess if we gotta drink Wenna drink money.
Speaker 2: Said?
Speaker 3: You said both for you said if you.
Speaker 2: Said ruthless, then we don't got to drink. We don't drinking ruthless. Okay, niggas want.
Speaker 6: In the move.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: I heard you drink champagne. Yeah, I drinking that's what your champagne. We get to that later. I got it. Mac ten and Joe Yo, you know Mac a call the nigga.
Speaker 5: He will see this sho back to back.
Speaker 2: Like you know about it.
Speaker 1: I like that, So we're going back to man get on, you can't.
Speaker 5: I'll funk with fact Joe Dog. But I talked to Mac team on the phone like two or three times a week, roll with Mac starting to begging at one point, ain't no knocks against the dying cardigin a cool.
Speaker 1: Nigga and we need we need Mac ten on to us. Yeah, we do absolutely ghetto boys or you g K ghetto boys. Ghetto boys.
Speaker 6: The story that he told he had them driving him around with m face is one of my peaks.
Speaker 8: And he said, rights to rap summing together at Jack's house number Yeah, that nigga.
Speaker 2: Bushwick Dog, I had to kick Bush. We got a crib dog. Let me tell you.
Speaker 5: I had a homeboy named polar Bear. Right, polar Bear is a produced so he's you know, produced for QD three and ship. So he called me one day and said, hey, man, you know, could you come to my house? Man Bushwoock doesn't want to go home, And yeah, you mean Bush to get home? So what man, my man's wife is My man's wife is in there. You know his wife is there in their roadsman shipped man and Bushwicks make the man's wife nest your fiction, and my boy want to go get so I grabbed him and I say, man, I'm gonna just get him home. You don't want to be Bushwick up my nigga. He only this tall, you know what I mean? He only this tall. So I tell I tell bush I say, man, you know you gotta go. You disrespected my man's crib and everything. And Bushwick says, man, I don't give a funk how big you are. And he was walking through and you try to walk on and I slept that little motherfucker out.
Speaker 2: Something ship not today. But Speaker was a little slick mother. He was walking over to the time and I said, you ain't gonna get me.
Speaker 3: Through.
Speaker 5: His lit the party post Jordan in the backyard. If he'd got that part, he probably.
Speaker 2: Kept legendary group though.
Speaker 5: Man big Daddy came, oh man, he asked as questions, he take the shot, He take the shot. He ain't drinking, so he don't give a big Daddy, Big Daddy Wow. He really just don't say both. He don't give a about politics, don't drink.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I just think he could, but he's not.
Speaker 3: You drinking if I if I if I'm going off of me as a youth and hip hop and what I listened to and whatever, I'm gonna pick the motherfucker who's it.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm big Daddy.
Speaker 3: Banged some Big Daddy can get men.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't bang a lot of l ll till later on because Nigga, we was hood niggas and that I need love kind of threw us off of the I was Nigga. Big Daddy was raw and.
Speaker 2: Nigga he was.
Speaker 3: He made that Nigga. Big Daddy said, Nigga, he would grow up on this ship. You know, you know what niggas over here.
Speaker 2: You an't think, what's the hardest motherfucking the world.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 3: He was hard, man. I'm just saying, Nigga. At the time, niggas was like, Nigga, I don't need no love, Nigga, I need the motherfucking.
Speaker 2: Ship making ladies. Anyways, exactly you over there for the lady. So well, right, that's my the nails, Nigga rady this lift ship.
Speaker 3: When when we banged Leo, like I said, rock the bells and.
Speaker 4: All that ship all of that.
Speaker 2: But then I Nick came with that.
Speaker 3: Dude, I was like, man, what.
Speaker 2: I'm like, come on that ship. I liked it.
Speaker 3: It was weird at first because I'm used to mother, like you said, I used to walk the bell check the ripper ship. Mama said, knocks you out, Nigga phote shots to the dome. I play that ship all day. But like I said back then, nigga, I mean, I'm fair enough. I'm telling I got the nigga.
Speaker 2: I can't be walking around the hook. I need love.
Speaker 4: Come on, ship, Nigga, like you're playing that ship, Like.
Speaker 2: Dude, what you're playing? Niggas to something.
Speaker 3: Any time that came on the mixtape was like I need Look, were in the garage chilling nigga and the mixtape come on. And then one of them on Little Niggas, is like, man, come on, niggas might come.
Speaker 5: Through right now, dumping and ship niggas. If we did, nigga be dead on the scene.
Speaker 7: And the police walk up like they was playing I need no you know, like we're about to pull up on some niggas and.
Speaker 2: The dump and ship.
Speaker 3: The nigga got hi and he loved ship.
Speaker 2: Like niggas looking at us. We're about to dump out of the niggas. Niggas don't want no status.
Speaker 3: Nigga ain't pulling up you hear a song that's cool nigga, y'all.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't look at you know what? King, but you ain't you ain't picky man.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He got me thinking right now because Big Daddy came off off you. You dad, he can't have me cut my eyebrows.
Speaker 3: That's some man.
Speaker 2: You have a whole bunch of niggas cut l was hard.
Speaker 3: He Kinge was a hood nigga. Jane was a hood niggas. When about come on?
Speaker 5: When I heard in my mind at least Big Jess Kane and on the symphony ship and they was going back and forth. It was like that was like Superman versus motherfucking Spider Man and some ship.
Speaker 2: You damn like what you picking? We drink? Man your hands because you plagued yourself. You see that ship? So who you picking?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Take long live the mother sucking came. Don't want to drink because he's clear, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Dog he packs yeah, yeah, loot you minister society or thinking.
Speaker 2: The water minutes yeah, of course the sauce. Or look look at what I just showed the cover, the source he lead the class. I don't think it's going.
Speaker 3: That y'all have me on to covers.
Speaker 2: Guess guess how many covers I had? Zero ninety nine. You see, he looked the other way to me, and what he didn't like me? He thought I was responsing.
Speaker 3: S shot.
Speaker 2: He really.
Speaker 1: I was so bad right that twenty years later we became like friends, right, and we were arguing about something totally different, and I just.
Speaker 4: Give me the course.
Speaker 2: That ship, you know, that was twenty years ago. You want to be mad with sol boring ship over?
Speaker 5: You do that to his face.
Speaker 1: Listen, let me tell you who I'm going to be honest with me to so to his faith, i'ma be honest with you. It was me corrupt d M X Cameron and big pun right and can't cannabis And what was my mass.
Speaker 2: To beat all?
Speaker 3: The motherfucker was like Kidd's disrespect.
Speaker 2: What you say had just came home the Cavdonna Canna, Yeah, so wet.
Speaker 1: He was in like the best new artists, right, he was like, alright, cool? Then he beat us album of the Year. He was like, all right, cool, he beat us seven categories.
Speaker 2: Me and pun left man as a motherfucker man every time you're sing that motherfucker doing that should he be doing? And I was. I told, I was like, oh, silk man, I can't believe you. You beat us in every category?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: What was that based on?
Speaker 15: Hold on.
Speaker 2: About silk and here job here, old man.
Speaker 5: About it?
Speaker 2: What question was this?
Speaker 3: Miss my thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you remember this question?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 2: How is this against the chronicles edition?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: A source?
Speaker 8: Right, You've got a journalistics a side journalism and then you have your business side on the journalism side. It's like the is the journalist and the one thing I will say t O N Y is my favorite verse?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but you can't give me a I was, okay, come on, I told you that here, Come on, hold.
Speaker 3: Want to make sure you know I'm on that side of the top persons on the jay Z and no versus.
Speaker 2: But that verse you're about giving silk the woman over your door?
Speaker 12: It was.
Speaker 2: Shut shut out, shot shut out.
Speaker 14: Differently, he was buying like six ads, thing like, think about he's buying six ads of magazine.
Speaker 2: I get it. So you know what I'm saying that's the only thing that I could think you need me as a fan, you know, business and corrupt. It was like, I want to give it to me. You're gonna get Jason.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking nothing away from you. But at the time, that was the time of real hip hop different. Silk just wasn't at that time considered real hip hop.
Speaker 2: So it was corrupt. Like I said, it was me corrupt.
Speaker 1: Cameron big punts still and I was just like that, he's gonna be honest. I wanted to lose, not to say Silk is not a reputable opponent. I wanted to lose with somebody that's a repetable next to him.
Speaker 2: And when you buy and what's your definitely by I was definitely looking at that.
Speaker 3: You can see, I know my nigga Corrupt was like, hey, man, to get his breath on that, but he was like, not, damn.
Speaker 2: I realized that's like the equivalent of losing the crypt mac of some ship.
Speaker 3: Look, that's a parental advisory sticker by yourself on his own ship on a record label.
Speaker 1: This ship right now, Hold on, hold, let's go all right, Doggy style or the chronic.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one. Right there doggy style.
Speaker 5: Wow, oh ship man, you just keep it to reals sometimes.
Speaker 2: What you what you're going with? Dog? He said with the chronic Man. Even though I will say this, it ain't an artist.
Speaker 16: Like you do.
Speaker 15: I like now.
Speaker 2: Tripping Dog.
Speaker 5: It wasn't no album like Dog, he styled when that ship first came off, because it was playing everywhere Dog. Like every party I went through, that motherfucker was playing Dog. It didn't matter if I was in Virginia, something fucking.
Speaker 2: Wag or director. It broke the thing and Snoop DOGG just the coolest motherfucking the world. But over the chronic I think, let me let me finish it though.
Speaker 5: I think the chronic dough Dog that introduced that nigga man Snoop dog and it was just like the political climbing at the time. Man, it was ot l a tripping and ship motherfucker's running down the streak with.
Speaker 3: TV and you just got to go with your personal taste. That's what this about you.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I can't say. We gotta drink doggs bucket. I gotta drink for.
Speaker 5: That though, Okay Andre three thousand or conversation, Okay three thousand, what was the question ludicris, Oh, ship man, y'all be asked hypothetical ask questions. Ship, I gotta go on for three thousand man three stacks.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair. Primo or battle Cat Primo. You got you gotta joint? Yeah, now's your primo. He's I got a joint. I gotta go with battle Cat dogs on front. Right there both read them both back. We're coming back. We're working on that. Cash money or no Limit that's a good one. That's a real good one. Cash money. I got to go cash money because the niggas still here, I mean, no limit technically still here.
Speaker 3: I don't see this is what I don't judge it off of that. I just go off of what I banged.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 3: I didn't bang a lot of no literal cash money because of BG. I banged some cash.
Speaker 2: Cash money was the ship Don't.
Speaker 3: Car was all cash and banged the Hot Boys album. Banged the funk out of that city. Yeah, it was cracking that that album that they all had together, the Hot Boys. I banged that off was so crazy. I didn't listen to like master p is cool. I was gonna sign the No Limit at one time. Really yeah, right before I signed the Who Bayon, I was gonna sign a no.
Speaker 2: Limit, but I didn't listen. That would have been before Snoop.
Speaker 3: That was right before I signed the Mac tin.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying before Snoop signed the No Limit, he was signed to them already. I got to them because of Snoop.
Speaker 3: Because at that time, when Snoop was in his transition, I was hanging out with him every day. I was hanging out with Snoop every day almost. So he took me up to the studio where P and Then was and when I walked in, he was like, fuck it, Yeah, we're gonna we you know. Snoop said, fuck it, so we're gonna sign you. So I was gonna sign the no Limit and then Mac Tim walked in.
Speaker 2: Dom Kennedy or Larry June, Dom.
Speaker 5: Kendy O Larry June. She just almost feels like if I say one, that is the wrong answer.
Speaker 3: You know this, think you it's serious. Come on, and I know we ain't got time for nothing personal. It's just what you explain over whatever.
Speaker 2: Glabby shot eight. I'm gonna do both of them niggas up the next Yeah, Cypress Hill or cycle realm Cypress.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta say Cypress dog because it ain't no cycle round without Cypress.
Speaker 2: W A publican me, oh, man, you know that's w A. You gotta.
Speaker 3: Come on with black still got with black still in our chaos, man of course.
Speaker 6: But look at think about it when Q Please Republic enemy and look at how.
Speaker 2: Perfect that was. Yeah, but n w A yeah, man, you know you're leading the witnesses. That was the ship when Q started working with the bomb Squad and ship.
Speaker 3: That was saying when he wasn't I'm gonna go I'm gonna go both.
Speaker 2: I would have said what.
Speaker 1: You're gonna say, youre gonna say both to say both get this hard, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's definitely deserving them both.
Speaker 3: I got a letter from the president. Man, come on, man, come on. That was that was That was the other day. That was a hood that was AO anthem.
Speaker 2: For us times, you know, and that bomb Squad production dre production like.
Speaker 3: That, that that that Chuck d and that that ship that song right there was a hood anthem.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was the ship right there that beat the whole bunch of niggas up. When that ship. I don't think that between the physics and ship for.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you did. Ain't nobody gonna say no to that. Karens wanted to rock him Rocky, he said, fast.
Speaker 2: Rocky Fast, I rock YIM.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my that's my musical influence. I liked k r S because of you know, but you can't Rockim is who I grew up off. I wanted to rap because of Rocky, he said.
Speaker 2: The music.
Speaker 3: I wanted to rap because of Rockym and E P M D. And he didn't curse and P M Yeah hip.
Speaker 1: Hop rock You notice rock him didn't curse and he was still the hardest.
Speaker 3: Mother was still like, no nigga in here, deny if your true hip hop head when you first heard Eric B as president.
Speaker 2: Out of here and you didn't love hip hop at that point.
Speaker 3: And I get that ship on stat, he asked k And I used to wait for that ship, just wait, and I have my tape casset ready and and it's KD was the shittiest radio state because it was on motherfucking AM and it was the last station. So nigga, you get all kinds of Mexican music in their mix. You had to set you. They do the mixed masters every Saturday, Night Nigga and it was like and when they played it, I used to wait, Nigga President, come on, do you hear that? Motherfucker?
Speaker 2: Oh ude do dude ooh ooh.
Speaker 3: And I ain't talking about the seven minute remix one now, I'm talking about the original Nigga Bam nigga. And I used to listen to that ship for hours and Uh Easy didn't like me in the beginning because he said I sounded too much like rock yimally, yeah wow, Yeah. We tried to go We tried to fuck with Ruthless in them and he said I sounded too much like what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Compass. Most money was almost on Ruthless Records.
Speaker 3: We tried to go through Ruthless and he said, no, eight sound too that nigga sound too much like Rockym. So we ended up fucking with Capitol Records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. Capitol turn into Priority.
Speaker 3: Capital was back then, we was fucking with Orpheus. Okay, yes, Orpheus.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Melbourne Moore's husband owned Orpheus, Charles Huggins, and that's how we got signed. We went through Orpheus SKI and my our first record deal and that was through Yeah, okay, we're gonna move on a little bit. L A Raiders or l A Chargers. I'm a Chargers fan, been since Kellen Winslow, since Doug found Fox, since motherfucking Charlie Joiner. You know what was that offense call they used to Humphreys they had back then Natron means they, Oh yeah, I'm a true Charger fan.
Speaker 2: How about you Chargers? That was easy. I got one more before the last. Okay, big Boys neighborhood or the Baker Boys big boy man.
Speaker 5: I really funk with the Baker Boys, dog, but I fuck with big boy. I gotta go with a big boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, respect the boy.
Speaker 1: And this is the last last one. Not a true question. It's not a true question. All the ones we feel like this one is not the true question. Loyalty or respect. Respect mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Explain.
Speaker 3: Respect take you a long way in this business and just with people in general. Everybody's not gonna be loyal to you. Niggas gonna turn their back on you. When you gather a niggas respect, then it's never no bullshit.
Speaker 2: You know what you get.
Speaker 3: You nigga gonna never try to cheat you fuck you. You give me because a nigga got that much respect for you. You ain't got to be the richest nigga. You ain't got to be the poorest nigga. But if you gotta respect from a man and just people in general, then you can be treated, you know, accordingly without respect. Man, a nigga, do you dirty? Man, nigga, do you dirty? If he don't respect you, nigga, fuck your wife. Man. If he don't respect you, you feel me, Nigga rob you for every penny you got if he can. If he don't respect you, at least, when a nigga respect you, he gonna like as if I'm gonna do it myself. Man, you give me, I ain't gonna cheat myself, and I ain't gonna cheat my nigga. Right here, it's one hundred thousand on the table. Nigga ain't gonna take seventy and give you thirty. They gotta respect this man. This nigga came up with me. You know somebody I trust. So I'm gonna make sure everything is on the up and up. Nigga loyal to another fucker, tell you they loyal to you and do you behind your back like it ain't ship. If a nigga, respect you. He don't never try to fuck you over, never, So respect.
Speaker 5: I gotta go with respect too, man, because I don't make motherfucker's a lot of money. He had to go, you know, motherfuckers go back and do this whatever. So I say, respect, respect us everything.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a shot to that. Ye take a shot.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a shot to that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a shot. Now. Is it true that your moms and Sugar Nights moms.
Speaker 3: Stay across the street from each other from each other?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 3: Around the height of my DJ Quick beef.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: My mom stayed across the street from his mom. I just see him all the time. I remembers some shit going on in the neighborhoods, you know whatever. But Shugar pulled me over one time, probably about thirty niggas, right, and he just made me assure that even though niggas was beefing and niggas was rolling around Compton looking for each other or going through neighborhoods and all that shit, he assured that my mom's house wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Get fucked with Sugar shirted. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, he say, as long as your mom live over here. Nothing happened to her crib. So I respected that, and.
Speaker 1: Just out of pure ignorance, I know Sugar's blood. I know Quickest blood, but what I don't know is the affiliation. Just because you blood, did he automatically take quick side because I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't never remember quick being on death bro.
Speaker 3: I think Sug was managing quick At. Okay was different. He wasn't on different. He was as managed. He was being managed by Shure, and he could everybody knew about our beef. You know, it wasn't It wasn't nothing you know that wasn't known. And like I said, I was still in the neighborhood. So the outtake is, you know, something happened here, but it could be easily something happened there.
Speaker 2: You get me.
Speaker 3: Right here, like just a walk across the street, ain't nobody gonna come do none to my mama house. And I'm and we in close vicinity. So he had he wanted to guarantee that, like this ain't got nothing to do with mamas. Yeah, y'all beefing or whatever out here, talking the streets or whatever, whatever, just know that this is secure right here. That's one less problem. So that was cool because he could, like you said, just by affiliation with them being you know, could have been like fuck that nigga, Mama house lived right here.
Speaker 2: So but that was never you know, we try to have that. Uh that cold was that was that enough assurance for you to feel that, yeah, you had.
Speaker 3: Didn't know that at the time, that that that because again, if something happened, is nobody safe, Like so you can assure me, but like a nigga could get his own mind state and be like fuck that we're gonna go through there anyway. Okay, but okay, now what because that's that's not gonna It's gonna be some retaliation, So why not take that out of the equation.
Speaker 1: I remember, like you know, I started to think about hip hop beefs and when it wasn't funny, like like, I never speak on jah rule in fifties all. I never speak on it because me being from Queens, I'm too close to it. It's just it's just it's just it's just not it's not for me, right. And I'm probably the only person in the world that got a Jahru interview where I don't bring up fifty And I'm probably the only person in the world. I got a fifty interview where I don't bring up Jo rule because I don't think it's funny.
Speaker 2: I never thought it was funny. No, it's not without me having direct association to you all. Quick.
Speaker 1: I remember me looking at y'all beefs and saying that was looking about it was funny like because I didn't. I didn't know you obviously at that time, and I didn't I actually kind of still. I only met Quick a couple of times, but I didn't know him as well. But I remember the affiliation of me. Every motherfucker's telling me Yo eight is a real nigga street nigga, but then they're saying Quick as a real nigh street nigga. And I remember that y'ah going against each other, and just the fact that I knew that Bloods and crips.
Speaker 2: Was at the opposite ends. And I remember like hearing your dis records and then hearing his dis records. I remember being like, damn, how does this? How does this? First off?
Speaker 1: Let me just let me, let me, let me make it make sense, Let me make for viewers that don't know I don't remember.
Speaker 2: No, if you hip hop, you right for.
Speaker 1: Viewers that don't know, because I kept, you know, and I knew Zeno was guest Houston, so I kept telling him myself, Yot's let's look up this.
Speaker 2: I can't say the pinpoint.
Speaker 1: I know you said something like Quick or something like that, but you said then I also read that you said you didn't know Quick at that time. No I did, couldn't have been you was talking about him. So how does this actually start bring down for viewers that don't know.
Speaker 3: I was working on my second album straight checking them. There's a lot of artists coming out at the time, you know, above the law was coming out. You know, the lawyer said, yeah, a couple of So my DJ, who's actually a blood name was Mike T. Mike T came to the studio one day and he had a mixtape and he said, let me play you this, and it was Quick on a mixtape he was this in all of us Crip affiliated rappers. It was dissing easy, n w A this, and me, like, you know, I ain't think it was rap ship. It was rap niggas beef. They diss each other. I wasn't too on the game ship with it. It is whatever, like we rappers niggas diss each other.
Speaker 2: You didn't look at dis sing on tape correlated to street.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was just hip hop dis and whatever niggas take it didn't take the gang affiliated.
Speaker 2: There wasn't no gun references or like that or what. No, it probably was.
Speaker 3: It was you know something something, I'm gonna shoot niggas from the top of it. But still in awe. Still, it's the game of hip hop. Get me continue. I'm not thinking even though he a blood, I'm a crypt, but this is the hip hop ship.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm sorry, but do your neighbor I know that y'all bloods and crypts and your opposite, but.
Speaker 2: Do your neighborhoods had beef before that? No, okay, continue, So remember his his DJ's blood bringing in the time.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I hung around blood, so there wasn't no blood thing. Like again, this is what they do. LLL was dissing cool O D and that was the hip hop ship. So okay, that's what they do. But I'm thinking, I'm already established. I got a record out, you give me, he's still on mix tapes or whatever. So I didn't even like this and no about it. So I was working On the second album, I did a song called death Wish, and on the song I said, biting me quick would mean you get my dick suck quick, and they took that as me directing it at him by saying biting me quick. Biting was the theme back then. You biting nigga words or slang, you're biting. So I'm saying, if you biting my shit quick, like, if you bite it quick, then you're gonna get my duck sick quick. No references to DJ Quick or the rapper or whatever. But with that already being out there, he a crip, you a blood, he's saying quick on the record. I'm assuming somebody said he talking about you, and that's how it was.
Speaker 1: This is after you said that you alleged that he was this in everyone who was I heard.
Speaker 3: The mixtape, okay, but it wasn't like I'm finna write this song and direct it at him, like.
Speaker 2: You're already ahead, right, yeah, like I'm already out of here write that lyrics though? What was you thinking?
Speaker 3: If you bite my if you bite my anybody though general general, if you bite my jail, if you bite my.
Speaker 2: Ship, my own ship.
Speaker 8: When you heard that the first time when you heard him this and everybody, did you think of anything, like Okay, you know what, man, you know what I'm saying, Like what's he talking about?
Speaker 2: Like I might say, no, fact, hip hop that's what they do, sinking about fifty When he did how to.
Speaker 3: Rob, was like, you know, okay, that's yeah, that was the mixtape, Like fucking I'm gonna rob rap niggas or whatever. So he doing his mixtape, he like nigga fuck they the countess most wanted, n w A. Nobody was left safe. So it's hip hop. So when that came out, I guess it was directed like y'all got beef. I didn't have no beef. But that's the way it built up. And now my reputation as being a trag new Park crip, I'm not finna back away from the so so okay.
Speaker 1: So after that, he drops his mixtape. It's not it's not known, right, it's just it's a local thing.
Speaker 3: A lot of the songs on his mixtape became songs on his first album. Oh wow, yeah remember that. Yeah, a lot of the songs on his mixtape became songs on the first album. But I didn't even I didn't I didn't even look at it like that, and our beef really just built up behind the streets, behind the affiliations, behind games, because if it wasn't that, it would have I don't know where it would have went, because I didn't start getting warmed up until I did the next Death Wish. That's when I was like, fuck it, we're going full fledged because he did a song called way Too Funky and he mentioned me in the song. So that's when it was. It was going back and forth then, and by that time Game Niggas is involved.
Speaker 1: Imagine it's over with, over with with hip hop.
Speaker 2: Ship now, it's incredible.
Speaker 8: It's over standing right next to him at the social Yeah, it's over with. When when when Quick was on stage, he came over, he was right there like at this it was Quick they go to stage, he was right there at the stage, right in front of the stage, like right there, right there.
Speaker 2: I'm like Ship. When Shuk said what he said, okay, we already done got past that the same war the same night. Yeah, that all that happened.
Speaker 6: But that.
Speaker 2: That was like legendary because.
Speaker 1: I mean I felt like that was the first time like a person performed a disc record and artists and I could, I could see your face, I could tell you what to rush the stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we we was we was, We were smart, but we only came nine deep. They had about a hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Sugar flowing like about seventy eighty. Dude, look, we take it.
Speaker 3: Were hard, were hard, but we ain't motherfucking stupid.
Speaker 13: You get me.
Speaker 3: Were hard, but we ain't stupid. Eight can't fight a hundred, like you know what I'm saying. And I'm not gonna put my homies in that jeopardy.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know the affiliation with Sugar at that time.
Speaker 3: Sugar was managing the performed they.
Speaker 16: Of the.
Speaker 2: Epic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was beautiful, man, beautiful.
Speaker 5: That time was real crazy because it wasn't just sugaring them, but it was black turning them too.
Speaker 3: Everybody was yeah, they was all They was all clear to somebody.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I thought somebody was gonna get hurt that time when was Tiny and Bickie had beef at that award. Y'all didn't even know that I heard about that.
Speaker 2: It was it was, it was, it was. That's like I said.
Speaker 3: By the time we got home after that, it.
Speaker 2: Was just it.
Speaker 5: Had issues, Like it was like ship like Black to Sugar Freeze labels. The rapper on the West Coast name all the pimp ship you know, Tone run ran Lane Way Records, right, but Black Tone was like kind of like I don't want to say Quick's Manas or nothing like that. But from the same neighborhood. They both from Treetop, Tree Top, pot roof. And at that time, it wasn't just Shouk we had Black Tones, they had all this motherfucker people. I thought somebody was gonna get hurt during that time though.
Speaker 2: It was, it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 3: It was treacherous times.
Speaker 6: Were you were you guys the first hip hop artists that were actually beefing, that were actually affiliated.
Speaker 2: That it was on the opposite side. Obviously there was not the first.
Speaker 3: Well known well yeah, well known as far as the cripping blood. Yeah, I think we were the first artists on the West Coast and just nationwide who was affiliated who started beefing. But you know, shit started happening that we couldn't control. It was getting out of hand. Niggas was getting hurt, you know, outside.
Speaker 2: Of neighborhoods and neighborhood Yeah, niggas beefing and niggas was getting hurt.
Speaker 3: Somebody got killed. Yeah, I heard that it was treacherous.
Speaker 2: Let's get the Snoop uh uh called it in.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: They were doing a show on b E T. I think Tavis smile smile, Quick Wick asks, I mean Snoop asked me to go, and then he told me Quick was gonna be there, and he asked me would I show up? And I say, yeah, fuck it, I don't give a fun Oh yeah, didn't see each other prior to that table.
Speaker 2: Shoutut to Snoop.
Speaker 1: Because I just watched that tabs sbody in the interview.
Speaker 2: See you telling me the first time you and Quick staw each other.
Speaker 3: That was our first time ever meeting face to face. What period period out of all the beams, out all the ship talking, we never seen each other. But y'all was so professional in that interview. I thought, y'all at that time, I was like, man, you know, I'm like, I'm going on my third fourth album. You know, the mini shit was coming up. You know, I had moved out of Compton. You know, I'm trying to be not so much gang invested as far as my reputation and where I'm from and and like I said, man, I ain't niggas hip hop shit, man, like beyond the hip hop and distant records like nigga. I don't really got no beef with this nigga. I don't even know him, like I know, I know nothing, Like Okay, there's some bloods, but the homie I know around here is a blood HOMEI your mind, so I guess you know, I don't he figured it out. I figured I was just like homies get involved.
Speaker 2: I was just like yeah.
Speaker 3: So, like I said, shout out to Snoop. Snoop was like, hey, man, you know, because it was getting it was getting treacherous. You give me niggas talking about going about moms houses and shooting up houses and you know, niggas in the streets going through neighborhoods looking for niggas and all that shit. It could have turned out way worse than it was. And you know, just niggas just had the sense to grow up. I guess you feel me. That's dope. That's dope.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: That was That was probably one of and I'm gonna say this, you know, me being the East Coast dude, that's probably one of the dopest moments in hip hop to see y'all come together and make it.
Speaker 2: And make it.
Speaker 3: Now we hang out, I mean you should. I'll see quick. We do shows together together, music are ready together.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: I was on their last project, him in Problem on the Rosecrans album. I'm on two songs I got actually I got a beat from him right now. They're trying to get me on a new record. So yeah, quick, quick see each other. We smoke, we heard second and none. We we we shot, we were good. We're cool as fans.
Speaker 1: And what's crazy about it is how it all started was a misunderstanding.
Speaker 2: That's it. And I just want to I just want you to say this for the young people.
Speaker 1: Do you regret not just calling him and just saying once he thought you was just in them and you just say, yo, bro.
Speaker 3: I mean we probably could have chopped it up because it was you know, if if somebody you know had that connection, if Mike T had the connection, was like, hey, let's call him up and see what's cracking or is it just some you know, because he's then said, you know, it's misunderstanding. Is what caused this ship and.
Speaker 6: So did he sorry, did he explain to you that record that you heard, the one that he's dossing everybody?
Speaker 3: I've never need explanation. I looked at it as again yip, niggas asked me about dissing and ship, and I'd be like, I feel like it was hip hop. And when niggas hod, how do you feel about the song? And when he got up on stage, I said, Thigga, that ship was classic. It was good hip hop ship. It was good, you know, banter, That's what we did in here, like that hip hop. I mean listening to hip hop for a long time. Niggas went at each other.
Speaker 2: You give me.
Speaker 3: How did J Cole and King Drink Ship start? Like liggas just did see each other? What niggas do in hip hop?
Speaker 2: What do you feel about Jay Colon?
Speaker 3: The Compton's going, I'm doing.
Speaker 16: Drinks on we don't forget it Downloaded, Underdog Fantasy app, drink Champs. That's right, that's right, y'all. We're doing a great job too. I know we're doing a lot of basketball, but it's playoffs, so we got to keep it leaving.
Speaker 2: I just want to throw it out there, Miami.
Speaker 16: Is in what game are y'all no, we eliminated, right, let's go under fantasy. We're doing game four, Round two underdog Fantasy Sports Champs. Jennie bruns In eight point five first quarter higher lower.
Speaker 2: That's it. Tell you the subject.
Speaker 16: You gotta do with that, and we went right here as a total thirty five point five higher and lower. Higher as assists eight point five assists higher lower.
Speaker 2: I want to say lower only because I don't want you to pass the ball.
Speaker 3: You know he's right on all.
Speaker 2: I agree with.
Speaker 1: Listen Brusson in case you don't know a lot of times you're the man, and you don't know you the man, so people don't come up to you and say, yo, you're the man. First time I went Platinum, no one came up to me and said I'm the man. I had to come up to myself and say, you're the man. So Brunson, I'm looking at you, face to face, man the man out of Ah.
Speaker 2: You're a man past that rocks line.
Speaker 16: Now we're going right over to him, to his teammate Josh Hart at the heart of the city.
Speaker 2: That's my man with the braids. Light skinning breaks four.
Speaker 16: Games four points first quarter higher and lower, four points.
Speaker 2: I'll just say four point zero. But there's nothing to talk you about.
Speaker 16: We got high this last one for Josh Hart and the Knicks game four thirty three point five combination points, rebounds and assists, thirty three point five higher.
Speaker 2: Low, we're going we're not going lower on looking today, all right, We're to that next. We're not going low on And guess what I've been corrected? Are playing in Indiana, Nigga? We wanna go see Reggie midder career.
Speaker 16: So Tyreese Hallyburn, Tyreese Halliburn four point five points in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: He's not the Knicks, right, No, Indiana? The fuck here we go?
Speaker 16: Okay, seventeen point five points higher or lower?
Speaker 5: High?
Speaker 3: Lower?
Speaker 16: I have to go higher now with Tyree still with tyre Now, Pascal Siakam, I don't like him.
Speaker 2: Four points in the first quarter, higher and lower you let's go lower, lower, high, Let's go long ago. We don't walk with Indiana at all. Don't damn this fingerpot. That's it.
Speaker 16: Assists three point five assists in the whole game.
Speaker 2: Who Pascal higher? Lower in the whole game? That's it. That's what that's what one of for sure. The last one. The last pick for Game four, Knicks at Pacers.
Speaker 16: Gonna stick with Pascal on a combination pick Pascal thirty one point five lower points in cist he lower lord. What you want to hire you fan on the higher. The next game the Nuggets at Timberwolves. Wow, this is a good game, which it was, right and yeah yeah, and they're taking this.
Speaker 2: Is this is the Minnesota game. And did he ever was just taking over? That's changing him. You're doing the man. He's the man. So let's jump right into it, into it.
Speaker 16: The cold jokes eight point five points in the first quarter, higher or lower.
Speaker 2: He's a big man.
Speaker 16: He's a back to back m v P of the n B A lower stay higher eight point five.
Speaker 2: I gotta go. This is what Round two of the NBA playoffs.
Speaker 16: Brit drinks, Champs on me down load the underdog fantasy app use the cold drink Champs drink and get jacks up to one hundred dollars. Give a hundred dollar under deposits that good.
Speaker 2: Do me this favorite.
Speaker 6: Can we start from the beginning of the making of CMW, like, is there a group or anything before CMW?
Speaker 2: You see he got the tapes. I have more than this, but I got consistent.
Speaker 3: When we formed CMW, it was me, it was Chill, it was a DJ named Antsy, and then Slip was doing the beats. But before we even did anything, uh, we switched up DJs because Mike T, who I had met, he was like more skilled you getting me. He could transform, he could do all of that. So we went with Mike T with all the scratching, and then Chill went to jail. So that's why the first album you only hear half a Chill on the record. I had to finish all the record because he had when I think we had got through like maybe four or five songs and then so I had to finish the rest of the record. And then on the second album, which was still CMW, same situation, but he didn't get to get on any songs. So about time music to Drive By rolled around, Sony was like, we done with that ship. So after I did turn their music to drive By, everything went to m C eight.
Speaker 2: Oh, so that they made the decision the label.
Speaker 3: They was like, we're not promoted. That's yes, that's why I started going from CMW to m C eight featuring because they wanted to just call that record MC eight, and I said no because I still wanted to include. I wrote all I did. I wrote all the raps. Wow, yeah, for the whole group. Yeah, oh okay, so you would like the ice cube. Yeah. I wrote all the raps in the beginning, you know, not saying what they did after we parted, but all of the material up until the end. I wrote everything.
Speaker 8: It's because they their raps were making a cut or no.
Speaker 2: I just wrote.
Speaker 3: I just wrote, and I would write what we had standards back then we wrote what four verses on foot, So I just split the verses up. I would write force verses okay, and then I would go, okay, I'm right, I'm gonna wrap these two. A nigga, you wrapped.
Speaker 2: These too, okay, Yeah, okay, let's make some noise for that guy. Crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: When when I when I researched you, and I kept seeing that, I was like, that was that? That was crazy. But let's talk about def Wish. Then we spoke about it earlier, but let's talk about it right now. Death Wish I had I think three three parts today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did. There was two because the first death Wish wasn't originally aimed a quick, right, But once we did the second record and then music to drive by all the death wishes, it was like my my little thing to do, you get me. I wasn't gonna make up different songs or whatever, so I just kept the death wish moniker and that was used as our retaliation to quick songs when we were doing.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow Yeah, motherfucking cool now.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, definitely definitely. I mean shit, we all in this ship man and hip hop got a bad enough rap trying to get to where we are today, you get me. They wouldn't play songs, they wouldn't play videos. Yes, it was hard, man, and so they were scared enough of us. So to have two niggas claiming gangs beefing with each other. Man, it wasn't gonna turn out good, you get me. It wasn't gonna do nothing but probably destroy our careers or somebody ended up dead. Misfortunate, you know. So, but he could have got clipped off real.
Speaker 2: I was getting.
Speaker 3: It was like I said, it was real. And at that time, you know, niggas with a little money and a little you know, representation, man, niggas was feeling like powerful man. So nigga, I'm riding around with desert eagles and ship and you know, and but it was just just how the gag ship on top of that. You know, you are, you beefing with a nigga in the street over some rap shit, but then you don't know how the outside motherfucker is gonna take that. You're gonna have other blood niggas now like nigga fuck.
Speaker 2: So ship.
Speaker 3: It was spread and man, like I said, once he got to that point where niggas got to talking about houses and ship and we know where people stay and all of that, it happened. Like I said, fortunately, Snoop was you know there to just maybe you niggas need to sit down and ship and see what's happening. Fifty seven for Deserty three fifty seven.
Speaker 2: I'ma be honest that ship.
Speaker 1: I watched it, you know, washed you in quick beef. I knew y'all wasn't playing like there's nothing about any.
Speaker 3: It was my we could have minus the hip hop because like I said, you still had the fact that I was claiming cripp and he was claiming blood.
Speaker 2: That was enough and both from Compton. Yeah, that that was that was like, it's not like it's the biggest town in the world.
Speaker 3: That was just the beef, just period. When you banged you was a cripple blood and you get the repercussions of that.
Speaker 1: You said earlier your neighborhoods didn't even have beef. It wasn't really, but then.
Speaker 2: It had beef.
Speaker 3: And it's crazy because I know a lot of Treetops right now cool as a motherfucker, and that's the blood. Yeah, a lot of Treetops cool. My nigga, rest in peace. Slim four hundred was cool as a fan. Fucked with a lot of my people from the neighborhood. My nigga Kidaro right now with his podcast from Treetop YG A lot of a lot of niggas is cool. You get me, You got to get Yeah, he's from Treetop and that's Quick. That's where Quick is from. That's yeah, that's where Slim four hundred was from. A lot of them.
Speaker 2: So rest in peace, Slim for hundred. Like I said, we learned to grow up.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I'm cool with a lot of motherfuckers now, and it ain't even about where you're from or what color you whatever, My older nigga nowere you from really respect if you respect me, I can respect you, and I don't care what rag you want to put in your pocket?
Speaker 2: Or do you talk to younger guys? Do you have a chance to go? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a son that's nineteen, you know, play football. Yes, I've read that somewhere that you won't even take a show. Let's get you back to.
Speaker 2: He mentioned that we had him on followhood and he talked about I.
Speaker 3: Started drink, I started doing the fucking uh coaching football. You know, my son five years old. Give him another interest, you know, I didn't want him to. You know a lot of our kids want to want a wrap on to produce and that ship. I didn't want him to get into that. So I wanted to give him another opportunity to find his own lane. So I started coaching football, you know, to give him something else that we could do together. And he's in college right now.
Speaker 1: He watched Menus because I heard that you had a show. I heard you had a show and it was it was the championship game or something like that.
Speaker 3: Right I was in Europe and I flew all the way back just to be at the championship game. My nigga can that's hard. Ship I turned down, turned down to be in the Alright video because my son had a game and I couldn't and Kendrick called me all night, he called me the next morning and I couldn't. I couldn't get away from the game. So I missed the opportunity because we had just did Mad City and that came out, and then on the next project. He was on the next project and uh, the video where I think Terry Crews is in it, and they would he wanted me to be in that video and I.
Speaker 2: Gonna play your life story killed that.
Speaker 3: That's definitely official.
Speaker 6: How did that homage feel? The Mad City that he paid to you? And then the record?
Speaker 2: I thought it was.
Speaker 3: I thought, you know, they could have fucked with anybody with a lot of niggas from Compton rap you give me.
Speaker 6: And it was creative the way it wasn't just like a straight taking the record and then having you like it was.
Speaker 2: It came in.
Speaker 3: Actually, my my so's uh you know sister, she knew a bunch of them and so she actually told her mom, Hey, this guy Kendrick wants to do it. So I honestly I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: Him at the time. No, Wow, he didn't even know he was aftermath. No, he was.
Speaker 3: He had put out the Section eighty album.
Speaker 2: He was touring with at the time, was on Strange Music.
Speaker 3: She called me and was like, this caten you. She said, this cat named Kendrick wants to get you on a song. And I said, oh. She was like Kendrick, you know, it's young cat whatever, and I said, yeah, okay, So I gave her. I told her to give him my number, and I didn't think nothing about it. Two weeks later he called me and he said, hey, I'm at the studio today, can you come through? And that's when we went to the spot in Carson Was that right the city now? It was in Carson City around Compton House was the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We went to the house over there and uh, he came outside, we went in. He told me the concept of the record. Uh so he told me, you know, he told me what he wanted me to do on the intro and all of that shit, and uh then he played me to beat. When I heard the beat, I was all, this motherfucker gonna be There was that bird in the hand and I was like, oh man, it was hard.
Speaker 2: So he is really like.
Speaker 3: Not wondering, nigga, I'm gonna send you the beat and then you come up with it, because that's something about me. If a nigga want to get me on the song, I want to know what he want to talk about. I asked a nigg in a minute, what's the concept? Okay, what we're talking about? I don't want to get on the song and you talking about bitches and shit and I'm talking about driving around a nigga blockers and shit. A lot of a lot of niggas do that today. Nigga be like, yeah, I want to get you on the song. And I'd be like, okay, cool, what we're talking about. The nigga be like, oh, just do what you do? Like, nigga, what is that?
Speaker 2: I can do a thousand things, Nigga, what the fuck you want me to do all this? Motherfucker?
Speaker 3: So, but he told straight up, I want you to say this. I want you to talk about a lundra. I want you to do this, blah blah blah right here at this part, can you do this? And we're gonna break down the intro. I want you to just create. So he knew it all. I came that motherfuck like damn not. So many people do that. No, No, a lot, not not many at all. A lot of niggas just go like, I'm.
Speaker 2: A singer, director, student of the game. You can tell ken exactly.
Speaker 3: So he sat there listened to my verse and then I'm like, okay, cool. He like, oh, can you do this part over? I was like, yeah, fuck it cool. Oh yeah, I'm You're gonna walk out the booth and he like, okay, now can you do this? And can you do that? I'm like this, mother, I'm like, yeah, directing. But he was cool as fuck, So I didn't mind it came out the way it came out. It was tight as.
Speaker 2: Holy.
Speaker 3: That sounds like that says, yeah, he's very mother like nigga. No, I know what I want, Like I know the direction of my ship track with Outlaws, the Outlaws, when you do that track with the Outlaws, when when we do that? Was you in the studio with with Fatal? I try to go to in the studio with Fatal. That's a piece of thing. Definitely. H Some more cats, like certain niggas I fuck with, I give them that that personal like, don't send me the track if you want to go in the studio. We can get in the studio. I try to give that to niggas. You know what I'm saying without niggas. But you know, I'm a true hip hop and him C is first ship relationship with Jay Prince, I don't really have one. I'm really cool with Scarface. I talked to Face like ship at least once a month. So so when you went to the gangs to wrap something, it was through Face. Uh actually that was through the through the lady okay, okay, printing them called the labels and certain artists they want to come, and that's how we got there. Some historic moments and ship in hip hop I've been able to be a part of. And you know, like I said, from what I've been through with all the beefing and the other ship whatever, like the gang shit affiliated and claiming the neighborhood and all that we had to go through, it's what got us to this point today. So I don't change nothing, man, you know, I don't change.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to ask Wu Tang comes out MC eight, you know, Woo Tang fucking Wu Tang was my peoples and.
Speaker 2: Watch this video. I was like, how did you have affiliation with Woo Tang.
Speaker 3: I'm looking like that was through Old Dirty and Meth worked with Old Dirty. Yeah, yes, put us on Old Dirty in math they were shooting the video, they.
Speaker 2: Was getting ready to shoot. Its involved. It might have been, might have been. How did you know that?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 2: About I just felt it. I have no anxiety, you know.
Speaker 3: And I didn't even know them at this point.
Speaker 2: And they're not blown up. They're not blown up. You was in?
Speaker 3: What video? Is it? Can I be also simple?
Speaker 2: Wow? That's early yeah.
Speaker 3: Island. Yeah, I'm in the car. I'm standing out in front of the little ship with meth and and then I'm in the car with him at the end of the video.
Speaker 2: Affiliated that's dust. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was a fucking I was off a minute. I was off a minute once for the girl. I just did minute and just dropped music to drive by and they called me up and they was like, man, can you come to New York and be in Woo Tang video? And I was like, Wou Tang? And I think they send me their record And I was like this motherfucker hard, like a motherfucker horror. I jumped on the plane and went straight to stat We was hanging out, chilling, ray Kwan Ghost.
Speaker 2: It was all love.
Speaker 3: So I was out there for a few hours. Niggas wasn't doing them, but standing around getting high, just like that's it, man, it was there.
Speaker 2: That was love. You was not uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: And then after that I got real cool with Old Dirty. So that's how I jumped on the song with him and you did it. Yeah, I did Tommy Shimmy remix with him. Yeah, recipes Old Dirty all day.
Speaker 2: This shot is for Gangster motherfucking Chronicles. All salute being here. If I don't mind, if we have to go to wherever y'all film at. We need to support other podcasts. We love y'all.
Speaker 1: We respect y'all homeown. Let me give you a cut me off, I'll see you. You know I'm professional. I understand what's going on here. We've been trying to get your your flowers.
Speaker 2: We've been telling you for a long like, I really really love.
Speaker 1: Gangst the Chronicles, like when what y'all doing and how y'all highlighting y'all culture?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, I love it. I love it. I did like I did, like.
Speaker 17: The Gang Investigator. I did like sorry, oh no, there's there's a move like so, but I didn't know he I didn't know he was he was.
Speaker 2: He was a gangly because I followed he.
Speaker 3: Was like a dude who went to went to neighborhood, you know them?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm not mad at that ship because I thought to bring all the motherfuckers on, So that means I'm a smart motherfucker. So I would never dish them, man, because I really feel like that at one time, we could have had some really great man, we was doing some ship, right.
Speaker 2: You had the gang members and the gang analyst.
Speaker 5: Exactly what happened was though, Man, sometimes some ship just ain't meant to be. Some people can't help power. Nor I respect that some people can't help man. So you said it just now.
Speaker 2: I actually thought he was like an expert, like you know how Steve on Jerry Springer to be. He was just the person that know what.
Speaker 5: Steve thought he was. You know what's happening though? Right now, Man, I had a brother hit me the other day. Man shout out to my boy down in the rag right here, hit me, and he was telling me some ship about him, right what's happening. There was a lot of videos that's coming out right now. A lot of the guys catching cases and ship like that. Man.
Speaker 2: So it's a whole bunch of little messy ship.
Speaker 5: Going on, man to where it's like, I'm glad I'm not involved now, you feel what I'm saying everything, Like, like I said, I'm a real spiritual person, man, and I think God sometimes man determines our destiny. Certain ship might happen at that time you might be tripping, but then something else that happened you like, damn, it's just.
Speaker 2: Like me and eight. We had our biggest year last year.
Speaker 5: Man. You know a lot of people don't understand what podcasting. You make your bread with the audio, man, that's right up. You make some good bread with the audio, right.
Speaker 2: Talk talk that talk, And.
Speaker 5: We did something indeed, nineteen millions that like it was like a crazy amount of downloads last year. And I said, damn, we funked around and got bigger though. Man, that's the really you feel what I'm saying. So you have to always keep scaling, man, and keep reinventing this ship.
Speaker 2: Because because that's the thing. This podcast Yeah gotta.
Speaker 16: Be to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you drink that, you understand the bottle was I told him drink everything. We got.
Speaker 1: The right car, man we got and we go figure out, right, let's killer Holiday kill Man.
Speaker 2: You know about that movie. Come on, I'm home point.
Speaker 3: Man, you'll really up. You're doing your researches. I told you you gotta have that man.
Speaker 2: That was we just got drunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, dig up some ship that shows that ship up to be like, you know what about that ship?
Speaker 2: I know about Killer Holiday. No holiday.
Speaker 5: Ain't to kill a holiday, all right, make sure he don't get shy because he'll look at you drink your ship.
Speaker 2: That's right. You always say where the keys? All the keys or I took just so you know, if you want to, like you smell them and make sure I'm good. I know he good. You're passing the keys now, right. Definitely.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I gotta.
Speaker 5: Y'all because I'm gonna tell y'all if y'all would have had to drink. Champs Networks started.
Speaker 2: At that time. We just signed what y'all, I ain't gonna lie to you. I'm gonna be honest with you because I know this. I was. I'm the nigga watching watching James the Chronicles from the beginning, and Yasha was so good I'm being honest. Let me just be honest because it's me. You was on d MS together.
Speaker 1: Talking Yasha was so good, and when y'all finally got it together, I didn't even want to play with y'all. I was like, because I knew be in here offend and having together like me and him like three days ago, got it together, Like this is how we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would have had it together a lot of people.
Speaker 1: You would not have been to black effect. By the way, who is my man, It's my brother, Charlot Magne.
Speaker 2: But y'all would have been with us because I was watching and I was like, this is crazy, y'all.
Speaker 1: Just and by the way, I knew this for years that California artists don't even have to promote to the world.
Speaker 2: All you have to promote to is Calnnia. Just this is what podcasts the algorithms has shown you don't even need to do like Texas artists wherever you're at out there. Yeah, it takes another market that self sufficient. The world promote to Texas talk about boots, talk about holding fucking a K's and they're looking at the McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Don't do that, guys, California. Let me just tell you, study algorithms.
Speaker 2: California does not have to perform to promote to anybody else but California. I'm telling you, the world is already gravitating to California. So all you gotta do is just talk to your people. And it's beautiful that me and if That's we only talked to our audience. Come on, but his audience got to realize he's born. He's born, and that's when raised in Miami. We gave down to our audience. We don't care like if if you're a young nigga and you want to listen to us, we will peg you. We will give a.
Speaker 15: Don't give an if you man, But you understand what I'm saying. That was said that was that was if you would have said Hamburgers, you would have taken I got this last little bit. What I'm saying is care to your people like you. You don't have to go outside your audience. I told us the way Korn damn there eight years ago.
Speaker 1: When we started it, Ray Kor was dropping an album and where at we'red a part of Jersey's. I don't want to say it because me and him might meet up there tomorrow. So let me not say it, but I say, yo, bro, next time you drop an album, drop your album on a podcast.
Speaker 2: And he was like what and I was like, drop it.
Speaker 1: Make ray Quoran podcast and you already your audience is already built. Drop your your album right on your podcast.
Speaker 5: M M.
Speaker 1: Don't make it available because you know this is different between podcasts. When you choose podcasts, you have to download the app mm hmm. You have to start following that people. That means that these people that really listen to you are really with you, fuck with them back. Yeah, And that's where I want hip hop to kind of go, like it's like against the chronicles. The person listening to yall ship it's because.
Speaker 2: They fuck with y'all. Motherfuckers though listen. And by the way, I'm one of them, niggas, Like I'm one of them. I wanted to like, I met you know at the time I met you long time you remember, remember now, I remember because you I was high too, But it was Johnny Blaze video Bat Joe in New York and I came with twenty five niggas are the worst people that could be around me because that was a hard back then. I heard the man. Listen, let me tell you. Let me why I knew. Let me tell you why I knew. He was was just as foul as me.
Speaker 1: Man, Hey, look what's up. I'm like, yeah, yeah, we in Brooklyn. We're from the video on Brooklyn. I'm like about to walk around the corner.
Speaker 2: But I know I got to town.
Speaker 18: They ain't walked around the corner with me, I said, because, by the way, any other West.
Speaker 2: Coast niggas were like, go ahead, nigga, like, you're gonna walk around the corner Brooklyn. That's real ship, ain't, man? Do you remember that? I don't.
Speaker 3: I've never been. I've never been like we in the hood. We in the hood, like you give me saying and then they ain't gonna let you walk by yourself. Nigga with the ship, let's go.
Speaker 2: Had twenty five people would be married.
Speaker 3: Ship and affiliation did too. Nigh. I was like, damn, bro man, you know who told me about you?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: Dog Jill's about to do out there, but only Doggy diamonds.
Speaker 2: That's why I got shout to do. He told one time.
Speaker 5: He said, Man, this nigga poppy man he had around, you know, nothing to be saying too much.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. He's just like he tried trying to throw.
Speaker 3: He was trying to throw a game, thinking oselves little ship Poppy does go.
Speaker 1: I know I said it earlier, but God is a funny nigga, because I'm trying to get dressed today like that.
Speaker 2: Everything every day in my closet was blue. Like he told you. He just when we started trying to be hard not to come it off. I was like, I don't want to cook.
Speaker 3: By the way, it was hard blue. It was like you would have been like this to me, and I was like, this is this is not I did the same ship. When I look at I'm like, I got some ship that's like a crew rag and ship. And I was like, I ain't gonna do them like that, you.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 6: Let me say something real quick, the same piggybacking off of the humbleness. I went to this conference in tom Springs. It was like it was a weird confer I don't remember the name of the conference. They had like a gossip part of it, and then it turned to an independent gangster.
Speaker 2: The radio conference today.
Speaker 6: You remember, I think I know for sure I saw you who your tribe was there, like it was like I was who you try?
Speaker 2: It was dope.
Speaker 6: But one thing I remember of people, because it's at the same time that like the back I don't call it backpack round, but that's what we called the backpack.
Speaker 2: Rapp was conscious and the rapper was coming up right, and I was.
Speaker 6: I was doing a lot of promo stuff for a lot of labels, and I worked like rockets and all these people, and I remember I'm at this conference and I mean the hardest artist that I mean, these are the gangsters of the gangster, the most humble artist that I ever met. Then I mean the most conscious of the conscious working the label stuff. They're the biggest asshole. They're trying to be hardcore and I'm like, yo, what the fuck? Like it just it made me realize it because they think they have to be. It made me realize that because every time when I ran into Yeah, I've always known. I've heard stories, real realized dudes was tried yeah.
Speaker 2: And so so it's just I don't know if it's it's the era that created that type of artist or what happened, but it's just something happened.
Speaker 6: There was a disconnect where these conscious artists felt inclined to try to be like a hardcore street person. They wasn't really that. And then you had the people who lived it, and really, you know, was about that actually acting like conscious artists when you met them.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: When you grew up in a neighborhood, man, you get to I guess when you get to put yourself in different predicaments that you wouldn't be in, and becoming hip hop and really embracing that takes you to different places. People already think we fucking assholes, and we have, so we like to show people that we intelligent, even though we had to grow up hard and banging and did all that shit. I'm gonna show you I'm an intelligent motherfucker. Gonna walk up in here and just get to tearing up shit because that's what you think I should do. You feel me Now, I'm gonna come here, sit down and talk to you like a motherfucking college graduate and civilized because I still got street knowledge, but I've still been brought up to be respectful. Like I said, respect man. And once once you give a nigger respect, man, they know how to They know how to deal with that. So when you grow up like that. Man, we try to show people like, now, I'm not the asshole that you think. I am right, I'm not the I'm not what you see on TV.
Speaker 2: You get me.
Speaker 3: You see the image of us on TV, and it's just stick them up killing my mother.
Speaker 2: You kill a.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker for a fucking was still in your cupcake and ship. That's how they make us on TV. You know mean, But it's a lot of intelligent motherfuckers from the neighborhood.
Speaker 8: I asked you a question earlier about what age was your son when he first watched minutes.
Speaker 2: I just want to know what age was he and what did he say? What was his reaction? Son had to be just as scared as you was.
Speaker 3: My son, My son, really hold was he when I probably was probably about seven or eight?
Speaker 2: Seven or eight? He was gonna say? I didn't I didn't. That must have been different. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't want to restrict him from nothing.
Speaker 16: You get me.
Speaker 3: You're gonna see Ship and it's gonna come to time where you're gonna have to make a decision that's gonna be the right decision. You can't go off of what you saw me do. Yeah, you see what I did? Yeah, that's what I did. Yep, yep. You haven't been to the hood. You see that, you see the niggas associated with all that. But you have a different I didn't have different. I didn't have an option. I grew up there. You ain't there. You don't have to follow that ship, and then that's all you know.
Speaker 8: So yeah, but he sees that movie now right when he was set seven, and he might not have known it, but when as he gets older he's.
Speaker 3: Watching, he watching now, he probably would think, oh, that was some cool ship you did, not bigger than cool ship, because I was like, you know what I'm saying, Like he's just now coming into that, you know, because he used to think it was weird when people would walk up to me and be man, and he'd be like, why why why do they want your picture?
Speaker 5: Why they want your autograph? And I don't know if I had to realize it though, like how big you are with the I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: You gotta take the flowers and you know what, you gotta take them for real?
Speaker 3: Because that movie has to be, if not the greatest hip hop street.
Speaker 19: Movie of all time right by boys in the hood to me the number one, and you gotta take that. Let me make let me make yours think it may make more and more sense. You make sense, Let me make it more sense. Seriously, that movie is the reason why East Coast.
Speaker 2: Is banging right now. Like you can go to a neighborhood and see a neighborhood full of crepts.
Speaker 3: In New York seen it all on society though, come on, I can't understand that. I feel like that's I did never because I was coming to New.
Speaker 2: Hold hold on, we're gonna be quiet. You need to need to break this down.
Speaker 1: He is you know, I'm saying right for me and my inner like when I tell somebody breaking down.
Speaker 3: To me, like what made that and what made it so influential? But hold on, So the gangs, the gang culture in this yard, why how did that become?
Speaker 6: Because yeah, honestly, you don't think it was the prison system as well, like I think the prison system is.
Speaker 3: You gotta see because I was back in the day is when it wasn't because you know, I was traveling to New York in the late eighties and the early man.
Speaker 2: Guess what, But I was like got ship, and then they follow.
Speaker 1: You making those movies. He understands it's true. It might be just that simple. But I don't think it's just the movie though.
Speaker 2: I think the prison, I think it's the music. I think it's the movies. I think there's definitely influence. I sure I do mean that. But what I'm saying is, Nigga, you a legend, this nigga that hands down love you hands down, and I can't stand on.
Speaker 1: I used to love this when the persons, and I heard you say this in the interviews. Person coming to me like you got me through my bid and I was like, I'll be like yeah. But then I feel like this nigga think I owe him.
Speaker 2: Looking I got a letter for you from the pendas.
Speaker 1: I get hard fact like I'm in the airport, fucking Barber's bar Nigga comeing to me, Yo, nigga, you got me through my bed.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's real ship though, and I can't. I can't let this, nigga.
Speaker 3: It means a lot of Yeah, I get you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you. I get that you get it way more than me. You nigga, I listened to your ship.
Speaker 1: Everyone here try to quit walk at one point, and none of us got it right. I, uh yeah, I get that a lot.
Speaker 3: Like Nigga you Nigga, you had us on one Nigga niggat and did plenty of dirt behind you, and Nigga, you gotten me through being locked up nigga, and I used to listen to your ship, So I get that a lot. You had East coast niggas wanting to be West coast. My thing is that was my that was my one them you already just.
Speaker 2: My thing was.
Speaker 3: That's what I signed up to do, though, like I signed up to connect with niggas who was going through that type of ship. Nigga, you got arrested. I got arrested too. Nigga, you got pulled over for a strap.
Speaker 4: I did too.
Speaker 3: So that's what I made music for. That's why I never really niggas be like, well, why you you, why you even get your props or why you don't think Nigga, I said, I signed up for this ship.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I didn't signed up to be a Ken drake or drake or I signed up to connect with niggas that was doing what I was doing. Those are the niggas that I'm gonna be able to connect with and how niggas is gonna feel connection to the music I'm making is by letting the nigga know. Oh, I know you struggling, nigga. I'm struggling too, right, Oh, nigga, I know you had to sell dope. I did too. Come on, you got pulled over and had to heat under the seat, nigga. I'm just went to jail yesterday for that. And my mama, a single mama at home with three kids and struggling and shit like that. I'm just like you, niggas. Sold as I started making music, that was the connection for me. You give me. It's niggas in the projects in Brooklyn, and it's niggas in Philly, it's niggas in Texas, it's niggas in Chicago.
Speaker 2: They all live.
Speaker 3: They might not be claiming crip and banging, but I bet you some of them niggas is doing double ups and serving. I bet you some of them niggas is robbing and shit and trying to get ahead. And a lot of them niggas is going through poverty and shit. So that's what I made music for, and.
Speaker 6: That you're that foundation that there is a Kendrick to day because you're part of that foundation that helps a Kendrick.
Speaker 3: I try to include myself in the foundation of hip. You gave me a n W A easy c m W. They looking around.
Speaker 14: I'm still no, no, no in this case, yes because like I hear you, but look at Old said to because you know what you was. This is day one and I didn't even know that.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't know how far you went back with Compton hip hop and once I started, because you don't know, He's like, look, you're gonna call you got to research.
Speaker 2: I'm researching that. Yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate my man. I appreciate my I appreciate the niggas before me.
Speaker 2: Do you feel me.
Speaker 3: We don't get a lot of that today, but I appreciate the niggas who was picking up the mike.
Speaker 2: But Kendrick did that to you. He appreciated.
Speaker 3: You get a few who want to pay back homage. I always basically, uh bigged up the niggas who came. I never dissed the nigga or disrespected whether it was Grand Master Flash or whether it was the La Dream Team or Egyptian Lover. Uh. They might have not did the.
Speaker 2: Music that right, but they lad a foundation the niggas was in and I was.
Speaker 3: Listening to all that ship. So you gotta respect that. I just come from that, and that's what I'm appreciating for.
Speaker 2: You know, feel me.
Speaker 3: That's such your flowers, bro, you fucking did an amazing movie that should have been award winning.
Speaker 2: Your rowers, dope, your music.
Speaker 3: You didn't come and grab on any old West Coast as far as like West coast, what they was doing you kind of made. I tried to put my own. I didn't do the traditional dre and you know the parliaments.
Speaker 1: And how hard was that? Let me ask you, I'm sorry, how hard was that? Because the homies said that earlier. He was like, he's the only person that's not affiliated, Drake.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't come up under the n w A ladder.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, it was. I didn't realize that it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I can't helping you out.
Speaker 3: No, you sat up, and I sat up and wrote, and then uh I hooked up with DJ Slip. Dj Slip was a part of the l A Sound Control and they basically used to provide all the music for all the concerts that was going on at the time. So when all the early East Coast niggas was coming over here, Rocky Cam and Run DMC and all them slipping and provided the sounds for the concert.
Speaker 2: So that's checking in. He was the music. He was he he was. He was a you know, let's not checking in at all.
Speaker 5: The things, a.
Speaker 2: Producer and check checked.
Speaker 5: Check in.
Speaker 3: I'll say so we Slip was a I call him a digging in the crates producer. He didn't go with what was popular or what niggas was doing. Slip wer go dig in the crates and find some ship some overseas and take two seconds of the ship, shop that ship up and do this, and do that, and st toy ove at this and next thing you know, we got a whole fucking song off of some ship. He was very creative. That's why he said it was the greatest ever. I just want you to know that I found that.
Speaker 2: You did that.
Speaker 3: You found that. Yeah, that was old. That was Tyrone Davis something some of my moms used to listen to. Uh, the old folks used to play Bobby Blue Bland and all that old type of ship. So that's why I got that old sound.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: I wanted to stick with that ship, so I didn't want to. I didn't. I didn't want to be traditional, you get me. And then Slip was the type of nigga if you bought him something that niggas already sampled, he'd be like, now, we're not using that because a lot of the niggas we was doing a lot of that back then too. We was all used in the same same But Slip would be like, nah, we're gonna create use a lot of break beats, a lot of break and piece the president and then he'll he'll come half with within piece of pressure beats. That's why we were able to not follow that that doctor Dre. You know that path of did you want to beat? Did you want to beat?
Speaker 2: From Dre?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 3: Would you have liked to?
Speaker 2: I never?
Speaker 3: No, I was satisfied with Slip.
Speaker 5: One thing you got to understand, man, is that above the law, Drake got a lot of ship law. I love not saying that Drake.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't influences.
Speaker 14: Really just like little nephews and ship like that lost like living like Hustles to five my album album come.
Speaker 1: On, Come on, and then we're gonna fight again. And that's another thing. Drake got snooping them. That ship is on and they gonna need to know the bott Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: You got you never get I got the actually got I actually got four.
Speaker 3: Mic yeah for me comes strapped.
Speaker 2: I got four. Mike probably should have got four and a half. I'm one the four and a half. Yeah two about that because.
Speaker 3: I had I should have had five because I was.
Speaker 4: Sh I was.
Speaker 3: I was the first album to ever get double Stick rated it.
Speaker 2: I would have gave it the five.
Speaker 3: I was double Stick.
Speaker 2: If I would rated yours, I would have gave it a five. You can do whatever you would.
Speaker 3: Of all of the years were getting them threes in three and a half, you get that four, Nigga.
Speaker 2: I was satisfied.
Speaker 3: I'm not figga.
Speaker 6: You see that three and a half even like listen, but who would have known all you to just cause you know he would.
Speaker 2: Not too many niggas get two covers.
Speaker 5: Let's just establish that shot they gave me to, like bro, like you really did the start face scar facing spine.
Speaker 2: Nigga covering he and now against the chronicles.
Speaker 1: If you're a West Coast artist and you on against the chronicles, that's somewhat of a source cover.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure, come on down that you know we caught it too, that we got it. We got nigga on one. Come let me just say this.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this another people, because you're West Coast guy, y'all think just give me two seconds, listen two and a half, go for it, all right.
Speaker 13: But but.
Speaker 1: In the past couple of years, if I wanted to understand anything West Coast, I tune into y'all podcasts.
Speaker 2: Love I'll watch y'all.
Speaker 1: I did not know that the guy was not I thought he was a gad feature. But the fact is, but I followed the guy.
Speaker 2: Because l A gang life is like coming like crazy to me, right, because it's it's real. It's the most thing.
Speaker 10: After hip hop post influence you with them. But I watched you guys, and watch what you did.
Speaker 1: Watch that you guys got our Heart radio behind you at Black Effect big up to Charlomagne, and it would be remorse for us not to big y'all up. Not not just not just what you guys did prior to that, but what you guys are doing right now, because you guys are you guys are legends.
Speaker 2: Then, but you guys are legends now.
Speaker 1: If you want to, if you want to be from the West Coast, you want to, If you want to be from and just be co signed.
Speaker 2: You gotta go against the chronicles. Come on, you gotta go. Yeah, Yeah, I forgot you, Yes, all right, Joe.
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C Perduduction hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN.
Speaker 2: Listen to drink Champs on.
Speaker 6: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon ig at noriag on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com.