Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: By from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper vv Right you ready? Are you ready? Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it is a Tuesday here on the show, and you know that means well, we're gonna be joined by Lancestorm here today. And I'm glad that Lance's hero is on the show because you know, we always have TNA news when Lance is here, which is all He's so convenient because then he cannot talk about it. Now I'll talk about this one because I got a question for him. But we're gonna get into all the news. Last night, of course, was Monday Night Raw, which was the go home Raw for a wild weekend of shows, and I thought they did a pretty good job. Actually, if you think about all the shows they got to run this weekend, I think they did a pretty good job kind of plug it everything. You know, there's still a lot to do. We can plug some more on NXT and smack Down, But as far as I go weekend with three shows and a lot of big matches they had to shoot angles and get in for about four I thought they did a pretty good job. So we'll talk about Raw here tonight, give you some updates on lineups and that sort of thing, and then we'll talk about all the news, including Becky and Seth at their beach house broken into that sucks. We got more on Janelle Grant and Carlin Kolker, which it's one of those uh well, we'll get to that. TNA Wrestling is looking to uh secure a media rites deal that would have them going live every week lance, so you can think about that during the break, talk about uh, Nikki Bella, the Raw Report, and so much more. If you want to text us here today, four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six is the text message line that is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at for W online, gmail dot com, at for W online, threads, Instagram and cameo back in a moment with more observer live.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's have a little one.
Speaker 4: Do you use the expensive blue pill to perform better?
Speaker 3: Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: What if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill?
Speaker 3: Okay? So, these same pills can.
Speaker 4: Cost you thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill. You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill. And right now we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now get one hundred and twenty of our better blue pills for just ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Don't overpay for the other blue pills.
Speaker 4: Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred Buy Blue, one eight hundred buy blue.
Speaker 3: It's easy to remember. One eight hundred Buy Blue. That's one eight hundred Buy b l u E And thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: I am a non attorney spokesper in representing a team of lawyers who help people that have been injured or wronged. If you've been involved in a serious car, truck, or motorcycle accident, or injured at work, you have rights and you may be entitled to money for your suffering. Don't accept an offer you get from an insurance company until you talk to a lawyer. And we represent some of the best personal injury lawyers you can find, tough lawyers that will fight to win your case, and they're so good they stake their reputation on it by only getting paid if you win. So if you've been in a serious car, truck, or motorcycle accident, or hurt on the job, find out today for free what kind of compensation you may be entitled to.
Speaker 3: Call the legal helpline right now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred four oh one five to one sixty three. Eight hundred four oh one five one sixty three. Eight hundred four oh one five one six three. That's eight hundred four oh one fifty one sixty three.
Speaker 3: Yay, hear that.
Speaker 6: That's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood. You know the feeling I know, I do, that sudden sinking sensation when you see a check engine light, or your car unexpectedly breaks down and you're faced with sky high repair bill. It's time to shield against unexpected repairs with Carshield. Carshield as America is most trusted all the protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the Shield, Car Shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair business and hello to peace of mind. Your plan also comes with twenty four to seven roadside assistance, courtesy tolling, rental car options, and so much more. Don't wait till it's too late. Call Carshield now before a breakdown, protect your wallet, protect your car with Carshield, get our best protection ever.
Speaker 3: Call now. You'll thank me later.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred two four seven sixty one three five eight hundred two four seven sixty one three five. That's eight hundred two four seven sixty one thirty five.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Alive, Landstorm is joining us here today we got a lot to talk about as always, but I do want to start with this lance TNA Wrestling hoping to secure a new media rights deal that would allow them to go live fifty two weeks a year. Anthem Sports Group President Carlos Silva spoke to John Wallstreet dot Com about his plans to grow the promotion as it receives increased exposure from its partnership with WE. So this said, we are regularly being featured on every major WE and NXT platform ples as well as weekly programming like the CW and their other outlets like Peacock, as a result in a huge television audience lift for us, along with all the social media support we get from them. He believes ten million per years in the range they are targeting. Funny we are too. He also the new Meteorites deal for TEENA would provide us the opportunity to go live fifty two weeks a year, and today's world live matters. Usually when we're live, we're doing around one hundred thousand household of viewers, he continued. A weekly number between two fifty and five hundred thousand in terms of Nielsen is perfectly realistic on a network in forty or fifty million homes. Something in the range of ten million a year is where we think we should be. What do you think Lance about the idea of going every week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this has been talked about many times, and my answer is always there's a good chance I won't be working there if that happens. I love TNA, I love my job, I love everyone that I work with, but my life has always been a balance of my home life and my schedule. And the idea of flying out early Wednesday to not get home till later in the day Friday is a three day a week job, and I'm not sure that's in the cards for me anymore. Maybe we could work out a deal that I didn't do every week, who knows. I would do everything I could to stay with the company should that happen, and that'd be great if they could get a great media rites deal, But I'm not looking at a full time schedule at this point in my life.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Carlos, Carlos Silva here's got all of the information that we don't have. But I think that ultimately, if you can get ten million a year and still go every other week, I think that's the best bet here Carlos, because I don't think it really matters all that much whether the show was like taped. I mean, we plug the show every week. On the show, I got no idea whether it's live or tape. I'd ask you, I kind of know whether you're gone or not, like, oh, Lance isn't here, it must be live this week. But I don't think it makes much of a difference. I don't think that if you're a hardcore TNA fan, and this goes for AW in WWE as well. I mean, you really can't look at the collision numbers and say, well, you know, it always does better live. They've been live, they've been taped, they've been after this game, they've been after that game. Doesn't seem to make that big a deal. Fans like to think it matters, and I'm sure it's more exciting to go live, but it really doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: That there was a time when Raw went live every other week, and I think having some live shows to enable your TV to have spoiler free surprises can help, but I don't think you need to be live every single week to have that feel on your show.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, I think in the nineties, I mean one of the benefits to going every week is if the other promotion and you know, we saw this happen, like if WWE was taped and WCW was live, Bischoff would do the thing where we would go on TV and give the spoilers because the show was taped, and so you know, there was this feeling that, well, we have to go live. And you know you may remember this, but during the Monday night Wars, I mean, each promotion had a TV had the building where somebody was watching the other show, and they were seeing what was going on live on the other show, and sometimes they would try to react to that in some way or another. So like from that perspective, yeah, it's kind of important to go live. But I mean, if we're talking like Modern Day SmackDown, it's just on Friday night. Doesn't matter if it's live or taped. I mean, if the show's worse because it's tape, that's one thing. But you know, most fans, ninety percent of fans, they can't tell the difference. Same with NXT, same with AW Collision, whatever. So it's it's nice, it's fun. I'm sure it's more exciting, but it's not needed.
Speaker 7: I agree, and I even downplay that because it was, Oh, it's more exciting live. I'm like every wrestling show I've done was live. There was an audience in the crowd, and it was live to me, and the excitement of performing is for the people in the building. So to me, it's not a deal breaker for a show for me to watch or not.
Speaker 1: All right, we got NXT tonight, which has a t and a crossover. Of course, we have got Hank and Tank against Sean Spears and Nico Vance for those tag team titles. We got the Gauntlet match Ricky Saints and Ricky Smokes and Jackson Drake and Brad Baylor. Ricky Saints has to run this gauntlet. Joe Hendry and Mike Santana versus Tyson and Tyreek in a tag match, and Tavion Heights tries to win his freedom from the No Quarter Catch Crew by facing Charlie Dempsey. If he wins, he's out. Then apparently if he uh, if he loses injury time tacked onto this contract or something, I don't know, he can't get out.
Speaker 7: He's iron clad. No Quarter Catch Crew contracts.
Speaker 1: Iron iron clad. All Right, They've added a couple of things for this weekend.
Speaker 7: Hopefully not more shows, well not yet, but who.
Speaker 1: Knows, ay I was I was told that, like if you think that wwe like learn something or maybe they decided now we got more coming. So at any time you're gonna hear about the next w W E uh whatever you call it?
Speaker 4: What what what? What?
Speaker 1: What do we call it? The next uh, the next battle versus a W, the next counter.
Speaker 7: Program next cluster of shows.
Speaker 1: The next counter programming attempt. We'll be hearing about that fairly soon. But anyway, for Revolution, they've added a few things. So it is now for the women's tag team titles, the four Way is official, like for no reason whatsoever. Last week, Adam Pierce said that Raquel and Roxanne would have to defend against teams from all four brands, three brands, but he didn't mention the teams. And then this week, you know, ask and Kyrie just asked, so he was like, all right, so he had no plan, is my point. And then Soul Rukanzaria just got added, even though they're coming off a loss. Although the loss, the reason that they lost was to set up Soul Ruka versus Izzy Dame on Saturday, so there was like a like win's the losses mattered. It does actually rarely see this. We had a match where wins and mattered and also did it matter in the exact same match because they lost a tag match to set up a singles match, but in losing that tag match, they also got added to a tag team title match, so anyway they're in it as well. And then for the Battle Royal where the winner gets a shot at the Clash in Paris, it's Nikki Bella, Stephanie, Naddy, Maxine, Naya, Ivy Nile, and I guess others, but those are the official names for that. Or maybe it's just like a seven woman Battle Royal.
Speaker 7: I hope it's more than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be something else. That would be something else. You guys also got Slammiversary coming up, but thankfully it's not this weekend.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's next weekend, Yes, the twentieth, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sunday the twentieth, with Trick Williams, Joe Hendry and Santana in the three way the Nemoths versus the Hardy's versus the Rascals versus First Class in a ladder match for the tag titles yep. And for the X title. It's Champion Moose, it says here, which is that should just be his name? Champion Moose against Leon Slater.
Speaker 7: And if Leon wins, he will become the youngest ex Division champion of all time, dethroning Amazing Red.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, is he only twenty?
Speaker 7: I guess so?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: College, Gee he is very young?
Speaker 7: Yes, all right, both my kids are older.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna to a break everybody back in a moment. We'll talk the rest of the news and get into raw and more Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well, we got a lot of discussion in the chat about the winner of this Battle Royal getting a title shot at Clash in Paris, and this fella here says, I hope Nikki Bella doesn't win.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, we'll.
Speaker 1: See what we can figure.
Speaker 7: Don't hold your breath.
Speaker 1: Does it Does it specify which champion they just get a title shot?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: I would imagine it's not like she's designated to a brand where she'd have to stay specific.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just looking at this because I just.
Speaker 7: Can't imagine she came back. Well, she didn't come back for a spot in the Battle Royal. She came back for a program.
Speaker 1: Well, originally it was going to be Raquel and Live versus the Bellas, okay for the tag titles. So the original idea did not involve her getting a title match at Clash in Paris.
Speaker 7: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Originally the winner of the Battle Royal was not going to be Nikki Bella. But the original idea did have her wrestling for a title, and now she's not, So I think there is a pretty good chance that she is winning the Battle Royal. Now. She could win the Battle Royal and then ask for a tag team title shot at Clash in Paris with Brie and then they face whoever ends up with the tag team titles coming out of the show. They could do that.
Speaker 7: It just seems that her coming back getting laid out by Live and then losing in a Battle Royal seems like a big whoop tee doo crap dump on poor Nicki Bella. That would be a pretty sad way to come back.
Speaker 1: Last night, we were talking about this and the question was asked, were Nicki and Brie going to win the tag titles, and Dave said, no, he didn't think so, because you know, they're part timers, so to speak. But it was it was noted to me today that compared to the old days, right now, everybody's a part timer. I mean literally, if they won the tag team titles, what They're not going to go on the road. There's no house shows, you know, they'd have to show up for Raw once a week and probably do a match once one match a month. So I certainly would not rule out the idea. I wouldn't rule out a lot of ideas. I would not rule out that Nicky could win and then challenge for the tag titles with her sister at Clash in Paris, and I could not rule out Nicki winning and challenging for the world title, which would be I guess I'm presuming that Rhea wins, and I would be stunned if Tiffany lost, although I guess, you know, there's a lot of there's two briefcases out there, so there's a lot of stuff that could happen this weekend. Trish could win and then get cashed in on I don't think that's gonna happen, because I think if Naomi cash is in on somebody, it would be on Jade after she would beat Tiffany at SummerSlam. No, but they can do anything.
Speaker 7: Don't the money in the bank. People have to cash in on their specific brand or are they allowed to jump?
Speaker 1: I think that, well, there's no rule, the rules, whatever they want the rule to be.
Speaker 7: This year, Well there is a rule, they just don't abide by it.
Speaker 1: Well there's not a rule. That's the point. Like some years that's kind of the rule. But Seth, it was like in the last week, Seth did a promo where he basically said he was eyeball both titles, meaning he could cash in on anybody. So I don't think this year you have to cash in on somebody on your brand. And then uh, there's also and everyone's talking about Goldberg that dude was over brother on raw. I do not I do not discount the possibility that he wins the world title and then is immediately cashed in on by Seth and Seth takes the belt. I think that's possible. Not saying it's gonna happen. I think it's possible. So we'll see.
Speaker 7: Anything can happen in the w WWE I almost said WWF okay.
Speaker 1: A couple of news notes, Seth and Becky had their beach house broken into. That sucks. They were they were in Providence for raw. No arrests made yet they busted through the homes rear slider and took cash and then I guess made the nine to one one call, so somehow he found out. The investigation remains ongoing. We got an update on Janelle and uh, you know this is another weird one Mendela effect? Am I wrong that this doctor was Carlton Kolker for like a year? Am I the only one?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Carlin the tea has vanished?
Speaker 7: No, I think it was always that. I think you inserted the T.
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Because the other one was you know the other. The other Mendel effect is is Tony Kahan and Nick Khan, who I could have sworn originally had two different spellings of their last name, and now their last name is spelled the same. Am I wrong? Chat? Help me out here anyway? And a ruling announced on Monday, Colleen Zingaro, the judge, ruled in favor of Janelle Grant's Bill of discovery against Carlin Kolker and Pete Wellness wearing both the plaintive and defendants to submit scheduling order proposals. So, uh, she's getting a discovery here.
Speaker 7: It always seemed odd to me that they were trying to deny her access to her own health records.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also weird. This one is really weird because she claims I got all these records that he didn't give me. Okay, he claims, no, I gave you every record, and it's like this should be open and shut. Did he or didn't he? I mean, there's no halfway.
Speaker 7: I mean, but if he did, so, just do it again. I guess it's her records.
Speaker 1: I guess. But anyway, that's the update. And then we've got Nicki Bella on Live with Kelly and Mark for an appearance on Tuesday morning, and there was a lot of discussion about, you know, why they choose Nicki Bella, why they choose Nicki Bella and uh, you know as supposed to Ria Ripley or somebody like that. And you know, somebody there said, well Nicki, uh, you know, she's she's already done a lot with uh whatever network this is on. So like everybody knows her, so she's a good person to send there. But anyway, she was she was talking about about Brie. She told Kelly and Mark that her return to w W will only be complete once the Bellas reunite. So, by the way, I should mention this as well. So you know, we've been talking about Nicki and Brie and them coming back for that match with Live and Raquel before liv got hurt, and you know, Nicky in all these interviews was talking about how Brie was in talks to also return. Okay, but then like Brie, I don't know if it was a tweet or what, but she said, I've had no contact with WWE, And then like the whole thing was weird because then it's like, well, we're the stories of them tagging up wrong. But then like if they were wrong, why did Nicki publicly say that Brie was negotiating? And then if Nicki said Brie was negotiating, why did Brie then said no one, I haven't talked to anybody. Well, I was told that the way it works in WWE, which actually is very much like when you're signed, they they want you to publicly say you've had no discussions until they announce it. And it's the same thing when somebody gets signed, they want to be the person to announce it, or they want somebody else to announce it. So long story show, it appears that the Breeze probably almost assuredly negotiating and on her way back, maybe even making an appearance on Sunday, but she publicly is saying I've had no discussions. Although it's also funny because live or no it was uh Alexa. Remember Alexa was having those issues and then and everybody said she wasn't, and then she admitted that she was, and they called her the night before. So who knows who the hell knows everybody, but I think she's gonna be there on Sunday.
Speaker 7: What about you, I would imagine. So it's they've always been a unit in WWE, They've had singles careers in WV, but the Bellaz is the brand. I would suspect they'll do a reunion.
Speaker 1: Let's see see what the chat says about this con con thing. I don't think any of us really care what the dude's name is. Well I don't care either. I'm just pointing out. Feel like I did fifty shows talking about Carlin Coolker Carlton and then ends up being Carlin. Maybe I'm the only one, all right. Before we get to the raw report, We've got Dynamite coming up on Wednesday, John Moxley, Claudio Cassioli and the Young Bucks will face Hangman, will Ospray, Sabata and Hobbes. Will Ospray, Shebata Hobbes okay, So two members of the Ops and will Ospray and Hangman Okay trying to figure this out because basically the Ops are the trios champions and Claudio has challenged them to a trios match, and everybody's wondering if that means Pak is coming back. So I guess whatever happens if packets coming back or not, I presume it would happen during this segment year at a number two spot in the Women's Casino Gauntlet on the line, Tekla Tai Mellow, Queen Amnad and Megan Vain Samoa Joe will face poor Wheeler Yuda this poor geek. Mercedes Monet and Tony Storm will have a face to face and MJF and Mark Brisko will have a talkie talk.
Speaker 7: You know the difference, No, I do not.
Speaker 1: I think a Taki talk is when you're in trouble, you gotta sit down and have a talkie talk back in a moment.
Speaker 7: Observer Life.
Speaker 4: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people like actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly without life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills.
Speaker 3: Life insurance can even pay for college.
Speaker 4: And if you own a business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing. It can even help cover estate taxes. Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money. So call the life Insurance quote line right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four, eight hundred nine one five nine six five four eight hundred nine one five nine six five four. That's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty four.
Speaker 5: Special alert for consumers struggling to pay taxes. New tax regulations not published yet. We have the inside track on your new tax savings. These programs are designed to help struggling taxpayers like you. The COVID relief programs are gone, but there are new programs to help struggling taxpayers, and we have the inside track. Call now and we'll take you through these new programs. These taxpayer savings programs have never been available until now. Get out of tax trouble now. It doesn't take weeks. It can happen in one phone call. Call now and get the inside track to get rid of your tax problems.
Speaker 6: Call the Tax Helpline now. Eight hundred nine four nine ooh three nine eight hundred nine four NINEO three nine eight hundred nine four nine ooh three nine of eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty nine.
Speaker 8: Do you have diabetes. I'm sure you've seen the television commercials on the new CGM device from all the top brands and how well they can help you manage your diabetes. Do you have the latest and newest in diabetes technology. The Diabetes Solution Center carries most of the top brands, and the great news is your insurance may cover most of the cost. Call our special CGM hotline today and our friendly representatives will help see if you qualify. You could get a new CGM from the top brands at little or no cost to you make living with diabetes easier. You are just one free phone call away to learn if your insurance covers the cost. So make this free call today to the Diabetes Solutions Center and learn for free how to get your new continuous Glucose monitor.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred sixty five nine seven nine nine seven, eight hundred sixty five nine seven nine ninety seven, eight hundred sixty five nine seven nine ninety seven. That's eight hundred sixty five nine seventy nine ninety seven.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Bag.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Alberz here Wrestling Observer Live. Oh, Land Storm has joined us. As I like to call him Old land Storm. It's like old McDonald. What do you think of that raw show?
Speaker 7: It was a yeah, there was some talkie talk on it, there was some wrestling on it, and uh they promoted a Battle Royal a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, this was a show where when it was over, I felt, man, this was a really good show. But you know, sometimes I review it and I think differently. So let's see if that happens today. So it did open up with a long segment where Seth comes out, everybody sings this song, he gets the microphone, he gonna he's gonna talk, but one by one everybody steals the mic from him so they can do their promo.
Speaker 3: So first.
Speaker 1: Bron g as it and he runs down Sammy says he's gonna beat him up the whole shebang. He's gonna leave him for dead. And then Bronson takes the mic.
Speaker 7: No, he offered it to Bronson.
Speaker 1: Well, point is Seth hasn't talked yet. And then Bronson does a big speech about how he's gonna take out Jay Uso and teach him for some respect. And then Paul gets the mic and he basically reiterates what Bron said, and he reiterates what Bronson said, and then they finally go to Seth rawlins, well.
Speaker 7: Well, how do you skip Paul Hayman speaking more and better Spanish?
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 1: No, because it's not true. I just don't like to show off. I was pretty impressed, though, that was pretty impressed. He didn't speak as good as a Spanish as hangman though that guy gets the award this year and uh and then Seth grabs some mic and it has nothing to say. And all night they were chanting for seeing Punk and he never showed up. But it was a fine segment, you know, it was all right, it was what it was. Pat Matt gone for the fifth week in a row. So I'm thinking the days of Pat McAfee doing commentary for WWE likely coming to an end. I'm not reporting that as a fact or anything, but you know, it certainly does seem that way, because it's been five weeks. We're in July. He'll be gone for football soon anyway. I think, yeah, Graves got his job back somehow. So yeah, we had Judgment Day, celebrating with all their belts, and there's a live shrine that has been set up, and Raquela is aghast. She's not dead, but she still has to cross herself when she sees it, and so she says she's gonna be back soon. She's training, and Finn goes, no, man, I was out. I was out eight months with my shoulder injury, and I'm tough. So she leaves, and then Dom sees a cake, Get well soon, domb and he's like, do you guys get this for me? And they say no, And then he looks over and ajp his head out from behind this deal and goes like this and the crowd howls with laughter. AJ is waiting for him to get well. Raquel and Kyrie, brother, what is up with Kyrie? Oh my god? Every single match she forgets spot after spot after spot. There were at least four times during this match where she either forgot a spot or like, I mean, there were some struggles. Oh my god, Roxanne and Kyrie, so I mean at the end of the day, it's like they had tons of heat at the end, and like when she gets everything right, she's really good. She just like forgets what she's supposed to do all the time. So finally at the end, Roxanne jumped her, threw in the ring, tried the pop rocks, Kyrie avoided it, hit the backslide and got the pin. So Roxanne lost and then Raquel jumps her afterwards beats her down. Oscar makes the best comeback. She is so awesome.
Speaker 7: She whooped butt.
Speaker 1: Yep, and they get added to the tag team title match coming up this weekend. Sammy's AM's doing a promo. He's all beat up. He says, man, I gotta take out Bronson tonight and I'm gonna deal with carrying cross later. And so he leaves and Scarlet shows up, and this Jackie Redmond acting Jackie Redmond is really good, but she was horrible on this segment. She just sees Scarlet. She goes, oh, Scarlet, what are you doing here? It seems like maybe you have something to say, and Scarlett goes, no, this was not a good segment. So then pierces with American Maid and he says, I hear El Grandel Americano is wrestling tonight, and Bruto says that's impossible. Pierre says why. Bruta says, well, Chad Gables hurt, and Julie slaps him in the head and Pierce goes, well, why would it matter if Chad Gable has heard? So Ivy jumps in and she says, well, you know, Chad's not gonna be happy about that. Pierce says, well, he can call me, and Ivy says, let's talk about why I'm really here. I want to be in the Battle Royal on Sunday or whatever, and Pierce goes all right, fine, you're in. I was like, Okay, that was easy.
Speaker 7: You've wrestled Brian. Have you ever wanted to be in a Battle Royal?
Speaker 1: I can't think of anything I ever wanted to do in wrestling less than be in a Battle Royal other than like take bumps. I hated. I hated Battle Royals. I wish some of you would. You know, sometimes people will like they want to make fun of me for whatever reason. There's a lot of reasons, but they'll go on cage match. It'll go you know, Brian's only had thirty three matches or whatever. It's like, dude, I had thirty three matches in like anyway, there's so much stuff that is not on cage match in these deals from way back in the late late nineties or least.
Speaker 7: What happens really tiny shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm working tiny shows in the middle of nowhere in the late nineties. You think all those shows are logged on cage Match. But anyway, golly, I probably had eighty seven Battle Royals, to be honest, because virtually every show, every TIM show was geek Battle Royal. Whoever wins faces TIM at the end of the night. So you had to do these Battle Royals, and God, I hated them, and me and Buddy and Richie, Buddy Wayne and Richie Magnet. I mean we'd get in there and it's just like Buddy would put me in a headlock in the corner and we would just stand there and not touch anybody, just like go right to each other and just stand in the corner in the headlock until like there was the one good thing was Tim. As somebody mentioned here, I must have told the story a million times. Tim had a rule no pumps in the Battle Royal, so at least you didn't have to take a bump. But like you're out there just it's boring and it's stupid and it sucks. Can't imagine asking to be in one. God, and then ours did have a title shot on the line. I think I wanted to wrestle twice for my thirty dollars against Tim in the main event where the guy with the kendostick from Costco was gonna cane me fifty times. No, no thank you anyway. Then we had a Nicki Bella video package. She wants the shot at the Paris pl total Vince promo, every old school buzzword you ever heard. Sammy's attacked by Carrion Cross. He's beaten within an inch of his life, but he wants to do the match. This idiot referee and doctor say sure, fine, So then the match starts and he gets murdered, and Michael Cole's like, can someone stop this match? Nope, nope, You're gonna let this guy get killed. He asked for it. So the fans are like totally behind Sammy's comeback until he comes off the top and gets speared out of mid air. Then they start barking and chanting one more time and they just want to see this guy die, so Braun murders him to death, pins him, and then later they announce he's indefinitely. He's out of action indefinitely because he's been killed.
Speaker 7: Because the doctor's finally smartened up.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did. Pierce is meeting with the Viking Raiders the New Days. The New Day shows up and uh, I forget the exact I didn't write down all of the comedy, but like they're all in these black veils and Pierce goes, why are you Why are you grieving? And they say mourning and he goes, no, it's it's the nighttime and they said, we're morning anyway. The whole thing is stupid because he doesn't know why they're mourning. They just lost their tag titles brother, so they want to rematch Viking Raiders say we don't get automatic rematches anymore, and so nothing is handled. That was a useless segment. Becky came out for a promo. It's her and Bailey and Lyra. The whole segment was I can't say like it sucked, but you know, Becky's a heel and no one really cares. They just want to cheer her. Bailey is supposed to be a babyface, but she's been acting Meanlyra is supposed to be a babyface, but she's screwed Bailey and she's half heelish and this crowd is just dead. And they builded this big reveal about how Lira thinks I called Becky at Mania, but I didn't. She attacked you and then she called me, and the crowd's totally dead because it's like that's a reveal. Who cares? Nobody cared. And then finally there's a big brawl and Lyra beats everyone up, and yeah, this was not all that good. We had a video package Ruth seven Seamus, where they made that man looks so epic compared to what it actually was. Well nough, it was a bad match, but the video package made it look much much better. We add Bronson and Jay. They brawl outside. Jay super kicks him out of a chair at ringside. He gets in the ring. Bronson grabs his giant rolling chair. It's got the big wheels and everything. He just throws this thing like a missile at Jay. Uso hits him for the DQ and then he hits two tsunamis. All the geeks come out to break it up, and he politely leaves, which is a very unbronzing thing to do, but I guess they didn't want to keep Ja out of action, so he can only give him two tsunamis.
Speaker 7: Well, especially if he's gonna be back and Sammy isn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fabulous Eosky Rheo Ripley video package. This was great. Eosky has never lost to Rhea Ripley in a one on one match, so I think that might be happening this weekend. El Grand versus Dragon Lee. So Michael Cole will not say who this Elgrande Americano is even though it's so obviously Ludvig. Heiser to the point that he doesn't even try like. He walks like Ludvig, he wrestles like Ludvig. He screams at ringside in Ludwig's voice. But Michael Cole, who is certain that the original El Grande is chad Gable, he cannot figure out or he will not say who this man is. And so Grande hits the El Santo where I guess it's the It's not El Santo, but he mill Mosker is diving head butt, gets the pin n I said, bud though, give him that, give him that. Goldberg and Gunther had a segment It was perfect. Gunther comes out, he does a quick promo, Goldberg's music hits. He flies in in a sports car. He gets out, gets in the ring, Gunther say something. Goldberg just slaps his mic out of his hand. Place is going wild. Gunner goes go ahead, or Goldberg says go ahead, hit me. So Gunther tries. Goldberg blocks it, decks him, goes for the spear, and Gunther leaves.
Speaker 3: It was perfect.
Speaker 7: This was classic out of WCW, where Goldberg would make run in saves by driving up in a car. Yeah, were you somehow watching in your car? At least today he could be watching it. Yes, yeah, good thing he made it.
Speaker 1: And then Seth raw he showed up just in time for the promo about him.
Speaker 7: In fact, yes, that's what I meant.
Speaker 1: Seth and Penta is the main event and very very good match, almost like an aw match. Like Seth, he was going to take all the bumps, he was going to take the finish, he was going to take all of it. Great heat, Let's go Penta. Chance, This is awesome chance. The best spot was straight out of aw Penta.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: He hits the running head scissors, he hits the Penta driver. Seth kicks out, Seth hits the buckle bomb. Penta pops out of the corner, hits the destroyer, place goes wild. Seth gets the ropes and then Penta goes for like a pile driver, but Seth like lifts up and hits him in the balls. The ref pretends it must have been an accident, and then Seth stomps him and pins him, and then the heels go to kill Penta afterwards, but l A Knight comes in out of the crowd. Giant pop hits, the bft on Rawlins, flees through the crowd and a very very good main event, So a lot going on here. They also built up seth versus l a Knight for Saturday at Saturday Night's main event, Back in a Mole with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Networks.
Speaker 1: Back of the show, Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Alive. Landstorm is joining us here today and we got a man. We got a big week upcoming, and there's gonna be a lot of coverage for subscribers Wrestling Observer dot Com, f for w online dot com, Slash Spotify, f ford w online dot Com, Slash Applet for w online dot Com, Slash YouTube. You can sign up for any of those and get all of it. So tonight it is a Brian and Vinnie show and we're gonna be covering Mid South wrestling and this week it is season six, episode thirty one. Talk to Granny as well, and then Wednesday there's Observer Live, Observer Radio and after Dark Radio. Thursday there is the Bryan na Vinnie Show and Observer Live. Friday it's Dave and Garrett, and then Saturday, I'm gonna be doing four shows. Vinnie and I are gonna be doing a show after all of the WWE and AW shows on Saturday, and I have a fourth show with Dave late in the evening, and then Sunday there'll be a Brian and Vinnie and a Dave show to cover those events on Sunday. So how many is that? Twenty four shows over the next seven days and you, oh yeah, Fun Friday Observer Live as well. Golly yeah, how could I forget you on Fun Friday? But anyway, it's a lot of shows, everybody, you can sign up and hear all of them. So I would recommend doing that this week because you'll get all of this week's coverage and your month will take you all the way through SummerSlam weekend as well, in which we'll probably also be doing a multi show day. So man a lot, check it out, and we're gonna wrap it up everybody. Thanks a Lance. As always, callers and listeners over the studio Producer dom Jared, we'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.