Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This he is Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Tours at.
Speaker 2: The Star in frist Jill.
Speaker 3: Segments and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the SWBC Mortgage Studios.
Speaker 2: Welcome in.
Speaker 1: Everybody is today we preview the Cowboys offense versus the Los Angeles Chargers defense on Monday Night Football. We've got Isaiah Standback, John Machoda, Nick Harris, Chris be in the back. Our entire crew is here today. I'm Kyle you almost gentlemen.
Speaker 4: How we doing doing well? Doing well?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How are you doing? Kyle doing good? Yeah? Are you feeling? You're feeling nice and swollen? I'm sore? Are your sore? So sore? Swoll sore?
Speaker 1: Source pulled an Isaiah stand back yesterday. I put two workouts on the board. I'm trying to trying to get rice, trying to get right.
Speaker 4: You do like three?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You haven't done two in a long time.
Speaker 2: I haven't worked out.
Speaker 5: I haven't worked out at all in like a week and a half.
Speaker 2: Oh no, pretty bad really, And then squat sober.
Speaker 5: I tweaked back my back.
Speaker 2: It sounds. Oh yeah, it's a real thing.
Speaker 6: I had had a chill out on a squat sobra that and my pants didn't fit.
Speaker 5: In one of my pants I put on for a suit. My legs grew too quick. So I was like, yeah, squat Sobra is over for me, said the pant did what the pants?
Speaker 2: My legs grew. My body changes like fast.
Speaker 1: So so instead of wearing a medium, you need to get into a large.
Speaker 2: All my dress closer. They are.
Speaker 6: They are large, tailored fit for a regular size. Isaiah, not squat tober Isaiah.
Speaker 2: That's John's has the same problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all the time, I'm always squatting heavyweights. I'm going to change my pants size. That's yeah, that's one of the biggest issues I haven't liked. I'm working through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta get through it.
Speaker 4: How about this Rangers Astros lcs. Oh gosh, I'm not ready, but I am.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be super fun and also either heartbreaking or the best thing ever.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 8: It's all you Astros fans out there. I hate you for the next like a week and a half. That's all of them. There's lots of them.
Speaker 4: I'm a real hater.
Speaker 1: I just hold the Rangers do their job. Rangers fans do their job in terms of getting.
Speaker 2: To the ballpark for games three four? Is it three four and five three or three three two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's three. They flip it four and six, I believe three four and six.
Speaker 2: Three four and six because they switched it to two two one one one, I believe. Yeah. But the uh yeah, because going to that series.
Speaker 1: I went to a couple games between Rangers Astros this year, and going to that series in the regular season, it was it was still majority Rangers crowd at home, but it was probably sixty forty. I mean, there were a lot of Astros fans there, and you can't let that happen in a postseason atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's gonna be fun. Can't wait for that.
Speaker 1: Congrats to the Astros, but not really At the same time, go Rangers all the way through and through, and we'll talk more baseball on more talking baseball after this, let's do some news and notes because the Cowboys had some news yesterday. Again, it was another off day with it being a Monday night football game, but there was some roster building going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, We'll start with jay Ron Curse though he was he was the player conference call on Wednesday. Kind of a different schedule this week with it being a Monday night game, so they don't hit the practice field until today, so we'll probably have more tomorrow coming out of that. But jay Ron Curse, he was on a conference call. Yes, I got to talk on a lot of things. First thing we'll start on is what he thinks Kellen Moore will want to do against the Cowboys, And here's what he said, kind of a lengthy quote here. I'm pretty sure he wants to go out there and put it on us, but you've got to put on some perspective for what we just went through on Sunday and how we're chomping at the bit to get out there and get out on the next game on the road, so we can get out there and kind of just get this taste out of our mouths. So I think it's less about Kellen Moore here and more about just wanting to bounce back.
Speaker 2: How easy is it.
Speaker 1: To bounce back after a performance like you had on Sunday night? Is it easier or is it Is it easy to be motivated.
Speaker 2: By that or is it tougher to get motivated after something like that?
Speaker 6: I mean, it really depends on your locker room, kle So I really can't speak to what this Cowboys locker room is like. I do know their history shows that they bounce back well after losses.
Speaker 5: It was a nine to one and.
Speaker 2: Two since the start of the twenty twenty one season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, So, I mean they bounced back really well historically. But I mean, this is another opponent, you know, there's another opponent. I mean, you can carry over all the emotions and the frustrations and want to get the taste out of my mouth. At the end of the day, it's a whole new game plan. It's an entirely new game plan, entirely different threat. So you're dealing with the officer coordinator who's very familiar with you and your personnel. You haven't changed much person Actually, there isn't really any new personnel in terms from from the starting perspective.
Speaker 5: From when he was here last year.
Speaker 6: So he knows everybody that's on the field, he knows the defensive coordinator, He's very familiar with everything.
Speaker 5: He knows tendency.
Speaker 2: So it's a.
Speaker 6: Challenge, just a completely different challenge from that regard. And these guys have some relatively good personnel, so they're going to challenge you a completely different way than the forty nine ers did. Forty nine ers, you know, was condensed sets and everybody's close to the ball. You don't know if they're running or passing. There's a lot of crossing routes, a lot of motions, a lot of shifts. That's not this offense. This offense is going to challenge you down the field. So I hear you curse, and you know, but I hope that you raise yourself because you know, this is not what you faced last week, and it's not supposed to be.
Speaker 5: That's just that changes week the week. It's a completely different challenge.
Speaker 2: H What do you think about that?
Speaker 7: Well, like I said yesterday, I really think that just because Herbert is clearly the best quarterback they face that even if there wasn't the Kellen Moore storyline. This is going to be a tough matchup for them. He's going to challenge them, especially if you can't get a consistent pass rush on them. But I do want to give the Cowboys a little bit of benefit of the doubt just because they're coming off of such a poor performance. I mean, this will be a huge game just to see how they respond, because to have if they have two stinkers in a row and then you go into the bye week, that's that's terrible, not I mean for the expectations of this team. I mean, you can't have that, so I expect them to. I mean, there's a lot of swearwords on is but I try, I try, and I try and be as First of all, I don't want to get I don't want to get fined by somebody, So I'm trying to.
Speaker 9: Keep yeah, as.
Speaker 7: Shows, I don't want to have another show. So because of that.
Speaker 2: Poop moji, yeah.
Speaker 7: But I mean, ultimately though, my biggest thing is I just this comes down to the most interesting matchup to me is Mike McCarthy versus versus Kellen Moore. Like that's the thing that I will be most paying attention to just I just think both of them want to put up big numbers against the other. Whether they're going to say it publicly or not, there's no way that they're just like no, I mean, if we just win the game, you know, seventeen fourteen, I'll be fine with that. Whatever they want to show that, what their offense does.
Speaker 2: It wants to be.
Speaker 1: They want it to be forty to thirty nine Watermelon Kick twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Like, if Cowboys can lose.
Speaker 6: Like you just lost, that would be the leading storyline. Yeah, without a doubt. For sure, it is still a storyline, but it's been overshadowed by.
Speaker 1: By two or three things for sure. Yeah, I mean, bounce back is the number one storyline. I mean, how does this team bounce back? Because they either do or they don't. You're either four and two and you still feel okay about the rest of the season, or you're three and three and you've just lost two straight going into the bye week.
Speaker 9: And I think we'll know pretty early in the game.
Speaker 7: I really, I think you'll see the way, particularly the Cowboys playing defense, you'll kind of know setting the tone the way that this game is going to kind of go.
Speaker 8: I mean you could also say that, for like the last forty five games the Cowboys have played, you'll know in the first quarter how it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be good. Point. Yeah, one added thing.
Speaker 9: To probably a problem.
Speaker 4: It is most definitely.
Speaker 1: The one added point to this storyline. The Kellen Moore versus Mike McCarthy. How much do you think dan Quinn has on the table here, because of course dan Quinn and Kellen Moore were on the same staffs for two years here, but then the last time. I mean, it is new that the Cowboys are facing Kellen Moore, but dan Quinn has faced Kellen Moore when he was a head coach with the Falcons. And I just mentioned the forty to thirty nine or Watermelon kick game back in twenty twenty. Kellen Moore's offense put up forty points on dan Quinn's defense in twenty twenty with the Falcons. The only other team to put up forty or more points that season was the twenty twenty Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the eventual Super Bowl champions and the ones that were led by Tom Brady. So I mean, maybe there's a little bit of added actor there of dan Quinn saying ah, not only are you not on my staff anymore, but I remember what happened.
Speaker 2: Back in twenty twenty. Do you think that could be a factor too.
Speaker 4: I think it could be.
Speaker 8: But when you talk to Dan Quinn, he's so even centered and even keeled. He I don't think he puts that much historical context into things. I think he's focused on this group that they have right now. He was asked about Kellen Moore on Monday during the coordinator availability, and he's excited.
Speaker 4: For the matchup.
Speaker 8: He knows that there's a lot that Kellen probably knows, but he was like, there's also a lot that I know.
Speaker 4: So it could work both ways.
Speaker 7: And I mean, we really can completely throw out that storyline now the whole like this person on this team, this person on this team knowing what you're gonna do last two weeks, like literally will Greer, Ezekiel Elliott, Doors blown off? You know, Dan Quinn and the Cowboys know what the Niners are gonna do, Doors blown off, Trey having Trey Lance, you know, Like, I mean, let's stop with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we should just not have as a talking point.
Speaker 9: It's getting bad. Let's just have a close game.
Speaker 7: Maybe one close game that we'll circle back to doing that storyline again, maybe not just have complete and then in the league with the most parody in all of sports, the NFL, just two just absolute like one. That's probably I don't know what the stats are, but I think on the offensively for the Cowboys that game as the Niners like worse than the last fifteen years a week before the worst lost Bill Belichick's ever. I mean, these are huge sample sizes. So let's let's pump the brakes on whole like, yeah, so and so used to work in the mail room for them, and he knows the way that they like to go.
Speaker 9: No, let's not do that anymore. That's let's we're past that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Jonathan and the mail right right, shout out to Jonathan ran a great boot.
Speaker 8: Camp yesterday to say that's the second time he gets shouted out today. Next news and note so with Layton Vandersh most likely heading to the IR the Cowboys they worked out a few linebackers yesterday, still not official, but expected to sign former first round pick where Sean Evans. If they do sign him, it'll be the sixteenth former first round pick on the roster, which is bananas, but yeah, looking at at linebacker depth depth, Evans played all seventeen games for the Falcons last season, had one hundred and fifty nine tackles. Super productive in my eyes, but it's not going to blow the doors off of, you know, an offense and be an absolute game wrecker in my opinion. But I think he's a very capable body to have in that second level.
Speaker 2: How is he different than Vander Rush.
Speaker 8: I think Vander Rush just has a little bit more instinct, especially coming downhill. I worry about Rashaun Evans a little bit as well in past coverage.
Speaker 4: I think that's where he's gonna struggle with most. But I think with the.
Speaker 8: Secondary that you have here in this past rush that can hopefully get home a little bit quicker than they did against San Francisco, then you maybe negate that concern.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I see him as just a body in that second level.
Speaker 7: I wonder who's the player in all of the NFL in the last five to ten years.
Speaker 2: Tops.
Speaker 7: We're not going back to the seventies where you grab somebody that was working at a hardware store, but I would like to know somebody that's not in an NFL roster after a few weeks into the season, like who's come in and made the biggest impact.
Speaker 9: There's got to be a player out there, you know.
Speaker 7: But I just there's not a lot of examples like that where you're just like, yeah, well then that worked with that team.
Speaker 9: And then remember they added that.
Speaker 7: Guy that was I mean, generally speaking, I don't think the expectations should be, Oh, this guy's gonna come in, He's gonna be Van der Ash and now all of a sudden they got another linebacker.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's gotta be like a running back in the last ten years.
Speaker 2: I know that was.
Speaker 8: That's That's like the first thing that comes to mind, maybe like a want when he first came onto the Browns from the Chiefs, wasn't like a mid season thing.
Speaker 2: The Super Bowl run he bring in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they traded for a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: No, they got somebody off the couch. Did they started bawling? I remember his name, I can look it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, super Bowl run he was. He was literally on the couch. I think they grabbed him off the couch. He came in as are like killing it and they went on a Super Bowl year.
Speaker 4: I remember they added a lot of pieces that year.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean even last year, just recent sample size, it wasn't a massive.
Speaker 4: Was it Odell running back? Running back?
Speaker 1: Uh, that's a good guess though recent sample size wasn't massive impacts. But Jason Peters started some games for you last year, and he came in and kind of did his thing and at least held his own for a certain amount of time while that while you needed it.
Speaker 2: And see why Hill CJ.
Speaker 1: Anderson by the CJ Anderson righting for about two hundred on the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Then yeah, came in and off the couch, literally off the couch.
Speaker 1: Chris Bean remembers, Yeah, seven flashbacks back behind his head shooting that with the with the camera watching CJ.
Speaker 2: Anderson run the entire time.
Speaker 7: He played really well against him against was it with Denver Beam, Yes.
Speaker 9: They had that game when they just put the doors off the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Denver got it interesting, I think.
Speaker 1: But based off of what Nick saying, he has a productive amount of tackles. He doesn't do anything too special. He still has the readability. I mean, he's a twenty eighteen first round pick. He's still twenty seven. He turns twenty eight in the first.
Speaker 2: Week of November.
Speaker 1: But he's still young to a certain extent. You just got to bring him in and he's.
Speaker 2: Just got to plug and play.
Speaker 1: That's what you need right now, is somebody to plug and play, be a capable body.
Speaker 2: I think he's somebody that would that would certainly fit the mold.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, if it works out, great, I'm just saying that everyone's temper expectations. Yeah right, former first round pick, you're gonna get a first round pick type player right away? Like, hey, maybe maybe you do. Maybe this is the perfect system for him. Everything works out, he stays healthy and it and it rolls.
Speaker 9: But let's be a little realistic.
Speaker 1: It is wild that he had one hundred and fifty nine tackles last year though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then was just on the couch, just hanging Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah he uh.
Speaker 8: He had gotten signed to Philadelphia's practice squad in September and was there for like three days and then got released.
Speaker 7: Why I mean, if you go off of the Eagles game last year at AT and T Stadium, there were some signs there where t Y Hilton would fit this argument because obviously he didn't play during the season and then all of a sudden they added him in and he made an impact, like right away.
Speaker 6: I had made a hic of an impact. Yeah, he didn't even re see the ball half the times he should have. Yeah he was open open, yeah, playing flag booty button, playing flag football booty button.
Speaker 7: A And do you think that that must have been enough for us? Where he's like, I'm not coming back next year. I'm not I'm doneing football. He'st I'm not doing this.
Speaker 8: I speaking of first round picks, I think this Linebacker Depth album was kind of highlighted and probably a need there. Do you spend a first round pick on that next year? It was a conversation I was having with somebody yesterday. I thought it was an interesting conversation. Or do you still want it on the offensive line or elsewhere?
Speaker 2: Line? Yeah, give me something else.
Speaker 1: It depends on where that first round pick is. If it's like thirty one or thirty two and you win the Super Bowl, then yeah, we can spend that first round pick on whatever you want.
Speaker 4: We're looking at more like seventeen.
Speaker 9: What if it was ten?
Speaker 2: I can't say that.
Speaker 9: What if it's ten?
Speaker 2: What if it was ten? Though? Absolutely not linebacker ten?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 4: What if it's one?
Speaker 2: All right? Note?
Speaker 7: Hey, they took a linebacker. They took a linebacker at Penn State last time they had ten.
Speaker 9: That's true, and moved back.
Speaker 1: They had to move back to twelve to do it. Yeah, didn't feel comfortable. Yeah, now he's a pass.
Speaker 7: Got your pass rush to him. I'll never get your saying after the draft. I was like, okay, we'll see yeah, whatever, and he.
Speaker 9: Had a lot of pass rush to him.
Speaker 6: Cool.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: They said that about Mazie as well. I haven't really seen that so far. I haven't seen it so far. But that's not he won't.
Speaker 2: Isaiah just they spilt water everywhere? That was pure water? How yeah?
Speaker 7: Just next news and note my two favorite, My two favorite reactions so far of this show have come in the last few days, and it's that one right there yesterday yesterday with the collar said I said trade trade.
Speaker 9: Mic ut Oh my god, and he threw the mic over. Sorry, that's funny.
Speaker 4: No, you're good. The last dudes of note I have here.
Speaker 8: Jeron Curse was asked about George Kittle's interesting wardrobe choice on on Sunday Night, which, if you haven't seen it, I'm not allowed to say that.
Speaker 2: Word on the air.
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 4: Was a it was a it was a fudge Dallas.
Speaker 8: That's exactly when it was a shirt that he had under his jersey.
Speaker 2: Uh, he didn't just flash.
Speaker 6: He ran around half the He ran around the end Zome ran around the sidelines showing it off.
Speaker 1: National TV must have known that was coming because they cut off off of him really quick. He started counting and he got to one, two and then he just got out of there.
Speaker 8: I saw it, yeah, but uh, Michael Parsons talked about it on his podcast I believe it was on Tuesday, and he was like, ah, it's made it personal now, which I think we've already talked about this week.
Speaker 4: It's already it's been personal for talking about thirty years.
Speaker 8: But jen Ron Curse was asked about it yesterday. He said, you know, the only way to stop that is to get him out of the end zone. So we let him get it in the end zone, and he chose for that to be a celebration, So the only way to stop that is to keep him out of the end zone. I don't have a problem with anything he did. If we do our job and keep him out of the end zone, he wouldn't have been able to do it in which I agree, which they're.
Speaker 4: Talking about finding you, which I get it. It was a bad word, but yeah.
Speaker 7: That's my thing is well, hold on, hold on, we're going to talk about the finding thing. He absolutely should be fine for that, and not because it says the F word or anything like that. It's because of this near I don't know. I guess it's approaching almost one hundred thousand dollars that Tyreek Hill has been fine for not wearing socks or whatever.
Speaker 9: So if you're going to do that, then F bombs.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, kids, present, he knew what he was getting himself into, I replied to somebody on Twitter yesterday because they were they were.
Speaker 2: Saying, wow, this is the no fun league in the NFL. Strikes again.
Speaker 1: It's like dude, were a shirt with profanity on it in a national setting and he just flashed it in front of the cameras, like, of course he's gonna get fine.
Speaker 2: Proceeded to go around the rest of it.
Speaker 8: I think he has a natural hater. I really appreciated. Then it's hilarious.
Speaker 7: Honestly, if if this Tyreek Hill stuff isn't going on right now, I wouldn't pair it all but I mean it's just like because he's not wearing socks, like anytime it's a fine like that on something where it's like I'm watching the game, but you have to tell me, oh, hey did you see that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I didn't care, like it had nothing to do with anything. So if you're gonna get fined for that, then you have to get fined for something like that.
Speaker 6: I just think, I mean, just respect for the kiddos. That's the biggest thing I think they're gonna get.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 6: You have an image that you're gonna portray as a as a league and protect You can't be doing that, bro.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it, but you can't be doing that. Right.
Speaker 1: He is going to receive a fine from the Sky's standback. There's a one dollar invoice.
Speaker 2: That's that's his way.
Speaker 5: But what do you guys think about Deebo's responses that Mike though?
Speaker 2: Did you see that one?
Speaker 4: I did, but I don't remember it. Quote bar for bar. Let me see if I can find it.
Speaker 9: I basically said it could be worse.
Speaker 6: He's pretty much that you lost, bro, Like you don't want to see this again.
Speaker 2: It's kind of the that was the response, which is fair?
Speaker 6: Is fair?
Speaker 2: Fair? Yeah, I mean that's what happens. All right, let's have a question. Yeah, what's up? I was gonna take our first break. You want to ask? You were about to go defense? Okay, no we're not. We can do it after you.
Speaker 8: Want to do I got I got Debo's quote right here, if we want to throw that in really quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my goodness, where's.
Speaker 8: The quote this article? These people that write articles just love to write finger Yeah.
Speaker 4: Never mind, let's go to break break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we tried it, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll have Deebo's quote when we come back, and we'll also have QB wishon QB Vision with Isaiah stand back as well. More to come on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Right after this, to thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah. Savannah Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 12: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash by g for you for details.
Speaker 13: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up.
Speaker 1: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 14: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America mobile banking app, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica. Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive, Cowboys, fans Just Can't Stop Banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com slash Can't Stop Banking Everica.
Speaker 2: It's only available in the English language.
Speaker 1: You must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on select mobile devices.
Speaker 2: Message dat ragsy apply number FBIC.
Speaker 10: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 2: Would you, Dear Doctor? My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 15: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the soldier to cry out?
Speaker 10: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by Quaker Oates, a super trusted super food. Quaker Oats the official oatmeal sponsor.
Speaker 2: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: By the way, a couple of clarifications on the facts that we had earlier.
Speaker 2: CJ.
Speaker 1: Anderson was running wild over the Cowboys with two hundred and seventy plus yards. Not him himself, but he and Gurley combined in twenty nineteen. As opposed to the twenty twenty one Super.
Speaker 2: Bowl run that they went on. I think Nick was actually right.
Speaker 1: I think they added Odell in the middle of that, but I think that was a trade to try and help bolster that roster for the Rams back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: To find Deebo's quote, I did.
Speaker 8: I found out, Like as soon as before we went to break, he said, talk about laugh now, cry later.
Speaker 4: I don't think y'all want to see us again.
Speaker 2: That's what it was, laugh now, cry later. Yeah, interesting inspect.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of it, and that's what's gonna happen after you lose foren And I mean, there's ways that you can get rid of that.
Speaker 2: And that's by playing better football. All right, this is a fun thing too.
Speaker 1: It's time to preview the Cowboys offense versus the Chargers defense, as the Cowboys will look to play better football.
Speaker 2: I've got a surprise for you guys, though. Oh we've got a sounder.
Speaker 3: Why Eddie, Why Eddie cut up, it's time for QB vision with Isaiah's standback.
Speaker 1: And that was Isaiah, by the way, giving the snapcounts all the way through.
Speaker 5: Sorry, sorry, I didn't say here we go.
Speaker 2: Here we go. All right, it's your stage now. Yeah, so let's talk about the Chargers defense.
Speaker 6: The Chargers defense, man, there's there's really not a lot to talk about in regards to these guys, but we're gonna break it down.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 6: Anyways, they are the most elementary defense that Dallas has faced to date.
Speaker 2: My lord, speaking about disrespect, I.
Speaker 9: Mean that, I mean when they're healthy though. They got the players.
Speaker 2: That that's the thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So they have the personnel, right, they have the personnel mainly obviously at the first level. Okay, you got you have Bosa and you also have Mac. So those guys are pretty good. Those guys are kind of dudes. They're kind of dudes. I think Bosa may have two.
Speaker 2: Sacks three games.
Speaker 6: They go three games three sacks, and callible Mack had his coming off of a six sack game, okay, six sac game against the Raiders.
Speaker 5: Absolute dog couldn't be stopped.
Speaker 6: They depend heavily on those guys and they really just sit back on defense and say, hey, we're gonna play off. We're gonna give you everything in front of you, in front of us. We don't want to get beat over the top, we don't want to play man and the man. We just want our guys to go eat up front. And that that's literally their game plan. It honestly makes zero sense to me. With the amount of talent that they have on defense with Derln James at the second level, they should be more aggressive, but they haven't been more aggressive. I would suspect if there was ever a time to change up what they've been doing defensively, this wild probably be the week to do it because of what you saw from last.
Speaker 5: Week against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 6: Forty nine ers came up against Dallas, put their hands on guys in the line of scrimmage, like we knew that they would play majority man and man coverage, and because of that, they were able to get back there disrupt the timing of guys getting off the line of scrimmage. Ceedee Lamb, Brandon Cooks, Ferguson was in there pretty much chip blocking the whole time. Try to make sure that acting gets sacked and that didn't work either, because Bosa still had a day. That's what I would foresee this defense doing to Dallas this week if they were going to change up, because if they don't change up, they are twenty eighth in the league. I believe in total offense allowed, giving up three hundred yards passing per game, giving up over one hundred and five yards rushing per game. This defense is not good statistically. But again to your point, they have the personnel. The issue that this defense presents is going to be upfront with Mac and Bosa. You have to pick your poison. Bosa is not the same as the Bosa you faced last week. Let's make that pretty much clear. He is untraditional in how he rushes. He is not the typical, you know, up and under type of guy. He's typically gonna go either up and around or he's gonna run a stunt. They run a crap out of some stunts. I mean almost every pass rush is a stunt. And that's I mean everything everything they do upfront is to free up Mac and free up Bosa. They want to go up the field, they want to cross your face, demand your responsibilities from your tackles and your guards, and hopefully that they can come up and underneath.
Speaker 2: Okay, on a stunt of very elementary. It is because it.
Speaker 6: Is very elementary because you know what it is now, your execution of your responsibilities.
Speaker 5: That's when that's what comes into play.
Speaker 6: So your ability to consistently pass off your responsibility is consistently work with your opposing offensive lineman to ensure that hey, guess what now this guy, I'm passing this guy off to you.
Speaker 2: I'm tracking this guy who's coming now on the inside.
Speaker 6: Like you have to do that consistently, because if you're throwing the ball what I foresee Dak probably doing this week. I see him throwing the ball forty times this week. It's just what I have in the future.
Speaker 9: Right more down the field, they're similar to what I think they're.
Speaker 6: Going to take shots since week I think, yeah, well, I mean the Chargers defense last in the NFL and passing yards just to classify the stat last.
Speaker 1: In the NFL and passing yards nearly three hundred yards per game allowed, thirty first in total.
Speaker 2: Yards per game. Got you there, you go? Yeah, so bottom two in both categories.
Speaker 6: Ter reblay to reblay, and it's not because of personnel. It's because of the scheme that they're running. They want to run Cover four okay, which is off and off and outside. It's just quarters every all, both corners, both safeties have a quarter.
Speaker 2: Of the field.
Speaker 6: They want to sit back and pretty much watch the game. Whenever they do road a single high safety is usually it's usually the safety is cheating to cheating on the hash of the two man side. If it's equal two men on each side, they're cheating to the side that they feel most threatened by. And it's a it's a Cover three, but it's a Cover three with the safety cheated over. And that's really all they're doing. It's like I said, it's it's very elementary.
Speaker 2: I mean you could I could.
Speaker 6: I could have easily set back here last week I said that San Francisco's is elementary too, but they just run it so well, right, I mean, so they run man to man coverage, they run four, they run two, they run the basic coverages, but they just do it at a high level. Well, now you're facing a defense that's runs very elementary. They don't play man. They hardly play man ever, and they are not good at executing it. There is one guy at the second level that you might want to have your eye on a number nine in Derwin James.
Speaker 5: He will knock your mouthpiece out of your whole face.
Speaker 2: Derwin James, where's number three? The number nine is Kenneth.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Kenneth Murray three. I'm talking about Kenneth Murray. Sorry, both guys, Kennith Murray.
Speaker 2: Nuber nine. My apologies.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, so Kenneth Murray, number nine will knock your whole face off. Derwin James is really good as well. But nine is flying around the field and he is a heat seeking missile. All he wants to do is hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit right. So that is the man that you need to be concerned about over there at the second level. And honestly, outside of that, there's not a lot there really isn't a lot. I wish I could provide you more there. There's just everybody has been able to eat on them. Every single one of their opponents has been able to move the ball there. They don't really change up much. Even when you get down into the red zone. It's not like you push them. You know, they give give gibb and all of a sudden they hunker down in the red zone. They're not even been doing that, And obviously the Raiders gave up the cookies last week with with Khalil Mack or the week before with Mac just being able to do what he wants. But majority of those sacks again came off of just those stunts.
Speaker 2: Nothing super complex.
Speaker 6: But you have to be able to effectively do your responsibility and and do it do it to the best of your ability so that you don't get beat up because you can't just focus on one side. Last week with Bosa, there was a lot of emphasis placed on ensuring that he didn't really get off the ball right and making sure that you're chipping him, you're keeping your tight ends in your running backs Tore trying to chip off where you can't really put that that emphasis this week on either side because if you focus on one guy, then the other guy will come back and get you, and they're pretty much both.
Speaker 5: Doing the same thing simultaneously.
Speaker 6: Up up, up, wait, wait wait, So as soon as my tackles cross your face, now I'm coming up and underneath, and I'm really trying to hit that gap that's right next to the either center, either side of the center. So that's that's pretty much their defense in a nutshell.
Speaker 5: It's I looked.
Speaker 2: I looked.
Speaker 6: I looked, and I was like, yeah, there's just not there's not a lot here, not nearly as complex as a majority of the NFL and defense that you were facing the league question.
Speaker 8: They're giving up two hundred ninety nine point eight pass sharps per game, almost three hundred, like you said, with guys like Derwin James as Sante Samuel in the secondary.
Speaker 2: And how is this happening? That's what I'm saying. Personnel wise, I don't know.
Speaker 6: If you were to give this defense, this defensive personnel to Dan Quinn, this would be, you know, a top top five defense.
Speaker 7: But they have a defensive head coach too. That's why usually that that's your staple.
Speaker 6: Again, I don't get it, Yeah, I don't get it. I don't know if they're resting so much on Keller Moore that they're just like, hey, let's just protect, protect, protect as much as we can. Let's not take any risk, right, let's keep it closer that our offense can go out there and take over. Or they don't trust their guys and they just traded away. J C.
Speaker 2: Jackson, like, what are you doing? You know like you have.
Speaker 6: You had a two headed monster from two years ago that.
Speaker 2: That the rest of the league feared.
Speaker 6: I mean, you put together this defense that was two defensive and two cornerbacks, a heck of a safety, a heck of a linebacker like you had threats at every single level, and now all of a sudden, you trade away one of your best guys and now you're playing super soft defense. You're not playing if I had those guys out of it, been playing man the man all day with those defensive ends.
Speaker 2: Yet try to get off the ball.
Speaker 6: Try to get off the ball, just like just like San Francisco did against Dallas last week. We're gonna press you, and by the time you figure out a way to get passed are the first five yards of getting you know, our hands on off of you.
Speaker 2: We'll probably got to have a sack. You know that. That's what they should be doing, But they're not. And I'm not complaining.
Speaker 6: I hope they continue it, but I don't see how they can continue this season doing the same thing that they've been doing.
Speaker 2: So much like the Dallas Cowboys offense has to change.
Speaker 6: Something has to change about it, and not saying that you have to change the entire offense, but you have to change a way that it looks. You have to change the way that you present it. You have to change the way that you get to formations and things of that nature. I think that the Chargers are pretty much in that same boat on the other side of the ball where they have to start changing things up the way it looks, because right now when you step to the line of scriptment, you know what they're in. They're not moving safeties around, They're not rotating anybody down like their coverage is what you see pre snap and posting that breeds are majority of the time the SAME's.
Speaker 2: It is interesting because.
Speaker 1: You look at even the supporting cast behind guys like Asante's Namiel Derwin, James Kenneth, Murray Khalil mack Nick, I mean, Joey Bosa. I mean, you've got five guys there that's half of your defense.
Speaker 2: All pro are just straight stars.
Speaker 1: But then you've got like Eric Kendricks, solid player, solid linebacker, Twoey below to who is the second round picked US last year out of at USC good player, solid player. I mean it's Gilman on the second level has been pretty good. He was a six round pick back in twenty twenty, but still somebody that you could rely on, and that's been a starter in the league pretty much since he got.
Speaker 2: Into the Fold.
Speaker 1: So even with the supporting cast around it, you look at it and it's not necessarily a massive drop off from the five stars that you know that all.
Speaker 9: Of this is being sad.
Speaker 7: You know that they're gonna they're gonna put up great four turnovers.
Speaker 9: James will be a monster. Uh yeah, he was at practice yesterday.
Speaker 7: By the way, he had a hamstring so he missed the last game, but he was at their at their practice.
Speaker 2: Looks like they're getting everybody back just in time.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Austin Eckler missed three games. Now he's back in the Fold, says ninety nine percent chance he's playing justin Herbert's back after missing a game.
Speaker 2: When James is back after missing a game.
Speaker 7: What would be the most important thing that you'd like to see from the Cowboys offense if I had to pick between these two things, Yeah, Tony Pollard gets going or the downfield passing game gets going.
Speaker 6: Tony Pollard. I don't think that they have a rush defense. I really don't. I don't think they have the guys up front. I know they picked up a couple of guys from the Giants. They don't have the front to stop you from running effectively. Now, again you gotta worry about Murray at the second level. He's going to come in and literally try to light you up. But you know, I think you can use his aggressiveness against him, much like people use Michael Parson's aggressiveness against him, Like he gets so locked in on trying to hit you like that he can get the around the corner and you could be gone. But I think that you could run the ball really effectively against these guys because again, their base defense is too high. So anytime you have two high safeties, you want to run because usually you have a five or six man box. So if you can come out here and effectively run the ball, now you can get them out of something that they really want to be in. And now you can get to your shots because you're going to get zone. Even if they go single high, you're going to get zoned. They hardly ever play man, like I don't know why, Like they have the personnel.
Speaker 2: They don't play man.
Speaker 6: It baffles me because I would if I promise you if I was playing mad and I'm pressing you every single time.
Speaker 2: With these guys.
Speaker 1: Do you think maybe there's a lack of trust in one of those pieces on the outside.
Speaker 2: To the fact that they're like, we just can't do it.
Speaker 6: Possibly, I mean, but it can't be that bad, you know, like you really can't be that bad, like this risk versus reward. I'm seeing them get torched in zone more than anything. Like they're they're giving up the goodies in zone team because you're coming out and you see it and you're like, that's cover four.
Speaker 2: Are they changing?
Speaker 6: Nope, still cover four? So our cover four beaters right here and there it is, Okay, what is it?
Speaker 2: Cover two? They gotta change this, right, No, they don't change it. Cover two?
Speaker 6: All right, I'm gonna hear the mount Adams right there in a two hole, like so they they're not changing anything. So Dak I would like, I said, I'm cautious to say this, but like this is elementary, so like if you see it, believe it, trust it right, and drive the ball to where it's supposed to go based upon what the defense is providing to you. There shouldn't be double pumping. There shouldn't be questioning, and it shouldn't be hesitation, like you.
Speaker 2: Know what they're in.
Speaker 6: This isn't not the Arizona Cardinals where you like you just couldn't figure out like what, like what are they doing?
Speaker 5: You know, like their stuff was complex, right, like is it two?
Speaker 2: Is it three? I don't know what the heck? This is a right?
Speaker 6: Let me see it play out, like as you play, as you're dropping back, you're still trying to figure out what defense they're in. Right, this is not that this is very simple, but again, you can get them out of what they want to do best. If Tony Palterer can get off the ball and just freaking run this thing down their throat?
Speaker 8: What would make you feel good about this offense coming out of this game after what we saw on Sunday in San Francisco? What would make you feel Okay, there's something here going into.
Speaker 4: The bye week.
Speaker 5: Give me twenty first downs?
Speaker 4: Okay, give me twenty first down.
Speaker 6: Give me twenty first downs and sixty sixty five percent in a reison.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: Touchdown.
Speaker 9: I mean, getting in the red zone would be nice, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last week that would be nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I'll be happy with that because you're getting back to your to your your ways you had before the forty nine ers, and like they're just doing this right now, that's what Dallas is doing. They're they're literally, I mean they're they're breaststroking right, They're up there, down up, they're down like they're trying to figure out themselves. And they still don't have an identity offensively. That's the thing that's bothering people more than anything. They don't have an offensive identity. People know that there's been a change, a change in the in the freaking leadership in terms of who's calling the offensive plays, and you don't know what to expect.
Speaker 5: At least with killing Moore, you knew what to expect, right.
Speaker 9: He does an experience. Can you develop that throughout a season or do you have to know early on?
Speaker 2: No, absolutely you can develop it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just I mean again, I can't get in coach McCarthy's head to know what his approach has been. I believe in the West Coast offense, I truly do. I love the West Coast. That's what I was, that's what I was brought up in. But I also know how you can make it. You could make it complex for opposing defenses, and it just hasn't been the same way. I'm talking about the Chargers defense. How you line up and you see what they're in and you're like, m all right, they're gonna change it.
Speaker 2: Nope. Same thing with Dallas's offense.
Speaker 6: They come to the line of scrimmage, You're like, all right, we're out here. There's the formation we're in. Is anybody moving?
Speaker 2: Nope? Nope, nope. That's that's pretty much where they're in it is. It's mostly a decoy and it's clear out. You clear out cooks.
Speaker 8: And that's what was so beautiful about the Turbine touchdown is the fact that he was getting into motion and throwing guys around and it ended up being a busted coverage and he got open over the top, Like, let's see more of that.
Speaker 1: When that play happened, the momentum shifted completely. Dallas had the momentum. They got back on defense. Everything was working. You were down by seven, but after starting fourteen nothing, you just had the perfect offensive drive.
Speaker 2: Everything was still in your playbook.
Speaker 1: And then of course the penalties happened they where they did, unfortunately, but I agree with you completely that play was magnificent. The drive was magnificent. It was perfect, and you're capable, like this office is very capable. Anyone can do it just in flashes, but the consistency is not there absolutely when we come back, I want to keep this conversation going because I want to talk about one can even knowing a fastball is coming, since it is baseball time in Texas. Knowing that a fastball is coming and still being able to hit it. Is that kind of what we're talking about with Dak Prescott here in a couple days whenever they face almost said San Diego, Los Angeles and the Chargers. And then I also, I have a stat on Joey Bosa that could either be the most encouraging.
Speaker 2: Thing for this Cowboys offensive line or.
Speaker 1: The most discouraging thing. I'll tell you what that is when we come back right after this.
Speaker 15: On Talking Cowboys, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agin Turf offers a winning lineup of John Dee equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John de Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever? Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the Coffee Club today.
Speaker 1: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 2: Plus.
Speaker 1: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five these skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 12: Five G requires compatable planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details. To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This segment has brought to you by in visi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Welcome back in to Talking Cowboys, presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company with Isaiah Stanback, John Matchoda, Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: First things first, we were talking.
Speaker 1: About Dak Prescott and how this is a simplistic coverage that he's going to see.
Speaker 2: Quarters, cover four, cover two.
Speaker 1: Not a whole lot of disguising at least on the film that's been put on there through the first and their games. For I almost said it again Los Angeles, My question becomes, I mean, just because you know a fastball is coming from a fastball pitcher doesn't mean you always can hit it.
Speaker 2: So with Dak and the way that he's struggled to.
Speaker 1: See coverages at certain times throughout his career, and especially right now when his confidence level, at least from the outside looking in, we can't be in Dak Prescott's head, it looks like it's at an all time low.
Speaker 2: Does this game either help him as is is this exactly what the doctor ordered? Or could this be the opposite where.
Speaker 1: He's over analyzing going into it and he can struggle because of it.
Speaker 6: You know what, The challenge that I foresee potentially being present this week for Dak Prescott is wanting to push the ball down the field, but this quarters defense is not a defense that you can push the ball down the field on so wanting that payback, wanting to get back into saddle, wanting to make some big plays. But the defense that you're facing is going to require you to be patient, methodical, and work your way down the field. That internal battle is going to be the biggest challenge I foresee for dak because and for McCarthy because I think he's hearing the noise.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like water.
Speaker 6: Water is eventually going to get through, right like, so you can block out majority of it, but once it starts leaking in, and like I hear you, I hear you talking about how we don't have any big plays. I hear you talking about how CDMB Cooks is not involved. I hear you talking about how Ferguson has just turned into a blocking guy. Right now, every team that you face has a defensive end. Like that's what's being said. So eventually he's like, all right, all right, I'm gonna show you, right, I'm gonna push this thing down the field. You can't push you down the field versus four like on over routes and things of that nature. But then you have to factor in to the stands, do I have the time to really get down the field to push the ball down the field as well. So you're really that's the battle that I foresee happening. If you come out and run your traditional West Coast offense Texas Coast Texas Toast offense, then you rent it the way that you've been running it prior to the forty nine Ers, You're going.
Speaker 5: To be very successful against this Chargers defense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, go ahead, No, you're good for me. I see levels to getting to downfield. If you had told me, like before the San Francisco game, what do you want to see most? Yeah, I want to see that vertical game. I want to see them at downfield. Now, I just want to see timing. I just want to see timing on things across the middle, because, like you said, if there's a quarters defense, there's going to be a lot of opportunity right there in the middle of that defense.
Speaker 4: Let's just attack what they're good at. Let's play these strengths.
Speaker 9: And I just want to see ced lambe at the ball when he's opened.
Speaker 4: That would be cool too. He does too, Actually I asked him about that.
Speaker 2: He does too.
Speaker 1: And then that's man, this is such a weird week for this then, because on one side you have the knowledge of, Hey, this is a this is a team where if we just run our system, if we run the scheme that we've been running, then we'll have some success. On the other end, there's a pride factor of Okay, maybe our system isn't really what's best for this offense. Maybe there's some things we need to do outside of our system.
Speaker 9: But hold on real quick on that point.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what I really felt like on Tuesday morning that Jerry was really making it sound like, well, you can't do that. Now we're in it. This is what we've done. You can't just all of a sudden. Do you remember when he was talking about like, you can't just all of a sudden just change stuff now, you know?
Speaker 9: And I kind of understand. I would believe that.
Speaker 7: Why would you even trying to implement this all season or all off season, and all of a sudden you're just going to start changing it back to stuff that you were doing before.
Speaker 9: I don't think that would be good either. I think that you have to stay the course with.
Speaker 1: It, especially whenever your offensive coordinator that you did it with previously is on the opposite line of scrimmage, our opposite sideline this week, and you've got.
Speaker 9: An offensive coordinator that this is the way that is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on a flip side, and we're talking about the Chargers defense. But what Kellen Moore is doing with their offense right now, Man, this stuff looks good.
Speaker 4: It's cooking. And they really they have yet to have all everybody helvy no either.
Speaker 6: I think they're top top five right yeah, number five, And when you watch it, I mean it's it was a lot.
Speaker 5: It's a huge contract. I don't want to get into it too much. I know we have to get off of here.
Speaker 6: But Keenan Allen, good luck finding him. Good luck finding him where he's at on the field, because he's not just a ligning. He's not just lining up on the outside like what you're seeing right now with CD. If you want to since we want to do contrast, CDB cooks is easy to find her outside.
Speaker 5: They might do a little short motion.
Speaker 6: Keenan Allen is everywhere everywhere, and they're finding way they make sure that he gets the rock, Like we know what the coverage is.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put him out here. Matter of fact.
Speaker 6: Now, we're gonna shift him over here, and then we're gonna motion them over here like You're not just gonna be able to line up and find Keenan Allen. So there is no if you want to play man, lock on him like you're gonna be, You're gonna have a heck of a day. It's gonna be like trying to trying to guard Reggie Miller when he doesn't have the ball, like he's gonna he's coming off screens, he's coming off everything, like he's just all over the place.
Speaker 2: And they do a heck of a job of moving their guys around.
Speaker 7: Did you feel that way about Ceedee Lamb last year with the way they used the last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they moved them around pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I didn't say.
Speaker 2: That's what I was wondering. Yeah, I mean, but that's that's Kella Moore. Yeah, that's Kellamore's two different two different approaches. Not to say that one is better than the other, one is wrong. Like Kellen Moore.
Speaker 6: Just pushes the ball down the field, and in order to get your playmakers the ball. Most people want to see the razzle dalls and most people want to see big plays.
Speaker 2: But we sat here.
Speaker 6: In training camp, and I sat here on there, and I think everybody did sit here and told you that this is not going to be the statistical team that you once saw. No, we said there early early on. I said, this offense, like, get that out of your head. If you think that you're about to see these guys light up the stats the stat sheet, like, it's not gonna happen in this offense. And I don't know if people were believing me, but but it's not gonna happen in this offense.
Speaker 2: I think people believe you.
Speaker 7: I think it said they didn't think it would be this bad. You know that they didn't lose twenty three seventeen to the Niners. You know what I'm saying, Like, I don't think people thought it would get to this level where you're just like, man, five weeks in and this.
Speaker 9: Is what it's like.
Speaker 6: What you saw those first four weeks, you call it first four weeks is what this office is supposed to look like.
Speaker 1: Yes, And that's kind of what I was going to lead into, is if if everything goes right from a defensive standpoint and from a special team standpoint, and you can get up and you can either play with the lead or plays in striking distance, this offense can still work even without the numbers without it, because then it plays into that complimentary.
Speaker 2: Football that we've always talked about.
Speaker 1: It's whenever you get out of that game plan, whenever teams do take what you do best away, like Arizona did, like San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Did, that's when you get into problems.
Speaker 1: And that's when, yeah, you would like to have a deep ball down the field, or yes, you would like to have a big attack or a big response in those certain scenarios, you don't always get that.
Speaker 2: Who else can bring up some of that's not good to bring up much? You want to bring it up with weird say it with your.
Speaker 6: Chest, you want to bring it up, Yeah, the white part.
Speaker 2: And bubble guts list. I believe y'all, but I don't know. You know what, Let's let's save it for say with no, no, yes, yes, let's save it. We gotta go. Beamer's already in our.
Speaker 5: City, lamb up for renewal here soon.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I think I said, if you're c.
Speaker 6: D and you want the ball, do you stay in the offense that's not pushing the body on the field.
Speaker 7: I think I don't think that Jerry Will would even have to make that decision.
Speaker 2: Okay, something to talk about going into tomorrow this week. I promised the stat by the way, so I want.
Speaker 9: To deliver the stat He's not letting him leave. I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 2: Uh is it encouraging? Further on that very quickly here, guys, very quickly. Is it encouraging?
Speaker 1: Is it encouraging the fact that Bosa has never had a sack in two career games against Dallas on only three total pressures or is that scary?
Speaker 5: Go It doesn't scare me at all. He's he doesn't scare me.
Speaker 2: It's not the same.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think he's a little scary.
Speaker 8: He's encouraging because I know Terrence Steel has his number. M.
Speaker 1: Terrence Steele was thrown into the fire is l A a couple of years ago and survived.
Speaker 2: And he did survive. Yeah, see did little Mexico you need to worry about? I agree, he had success. So there you go. All right, that's it for talking cowboys. Oh we've got to say with your chest Friday coming tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It should be fun. Nick wants to talk about it already. I wish we could. But that's it for us here on talking Cowboys. For Isaiah stand back drama showed to Nick Harris, Chris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 2: We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.