Speaker 1: On today's episode the Command Center Podcast, we have a Dallas recap and my dad cardiac commanders Man, they.
Speaker 2: Did it again? Yes they do.
Speaker 3: I would know, I'm thought it.
Speaker 1: And then we got an in depth, very detailed Tampa Bay playoff game preview, which.
Speaker 3: We're excited about.
Speaker 1: Can Mike Evans be stopped by he who must not be named Canny? We'll check that out, and then Jayde and Daniels will you have to.
Speaker 3: Do it again?
Speaker 1: We check that out and hell yeah, hell no. It all starts right now. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan, Paulsonate with Fred Smoot and Santanamausin. As always, we are presented by Cognier Technology, Secure Today, Shape Tomorrow and.
Speaker 4: Boys Playoff Show, Playoff Show in the Dance.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: But before we start talking about Tampa Bay, which is gonna be a big part of this show, We're gonna have a quick, very tight review of the Dallas Cowboy game.
Speaker 3: Important game because it affected seating.
Speaker 1: But you know what, we're in the playoffs, all right, let's just start with high level thoughts from both you guys.
Speaker 3: Will start with Tanna and get moving.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean Honestly, for the first half, man, I was kind of scratching my head, wondering, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I feel that right, Yeah, I think for the most part, man, I had the same feelings I've had the last three to four weeks, where I knew it's gonna be some adjustments many second half. Now I didn't know if it was gonna be a quarterback change, but I knew the defense was going to come out of little stiffer. And to say the least, the defense played phenomenal in the first half because they allowed them to get in the reds on, but they help didn't allow them to score. So yeah, man, it's just one of those things. It seemed like this has been our moo, you know, for.
Speaker 2: The last few weeks.
Speaker 5: But like they said, you can call it a luck or you can call it that we just know how to win when it's time to win, and we.
Speaker 2: Did just that.
Speaker 4: I had fun watching the game, watching Let's put their mobile lap. I just enjoyed it. It was one of them things. And I got to give props to the Cowboys. The one thing they never did this whole year. They never gave up, no matter who got hurt on they team. To me, Treylant's played well well enough.
Speaker 1: Surprised by that, actually, I mean I shouldn't be surprised because he was a third pick overall, but like he looked just to feel.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it is, can y'all believe this his fifth start?
Speaker 2: How did you give up?
Speaker 1: It's him and Anthony Richardson. I'm always like, man, they've played such.
Speaker 4: Such little football that I don't really know what I got. Like, if I'm Dallas, I want to resign this kid and move forward with him. And I thought Michael parsing them, they came off the bus ready to rushed to pass man like. And that's why I always tell people, man, divisional games, I don't care what your record is, they're not finished. Sit down and just let you come in there and beat them up. So I thought it was a game that we earned it. And I'm gonna tell you what really just did it for me? The story book end into a twelve season win. The only thing I needed Terry mclaughan to do after he caught that ball was just run to run to the locker room.
Speaker 2: That was a walk off touchdown.
Speaker 4: It encapsulate what this whole season has been about. We're gonna we're gonna grabbed it out, We're gonna get to that last play. I think that's the picture of the year. Terry catching that ball. Unbelievable. UFL is thank you all for taking us on this ride. It's been great, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and he you know, Tenny, you talked about second half adjustments, but also think like the offense just kind of dudes made plays offensively in the second half. Like I think about Oz making that tough older catch. Terry had probably three of the best catches, just catches I've seen. He had that slant which was down in the way, Yeah, kind of fell back and caught it, that dig where he kind of had to come back to the ball, and then obviously the touchdown. So dude's making plays for Marcus, which was really impressive. And then I'm glad you brought a Michael Parsons.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Is there a player in the NFL that wins as quickly?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen a pants Lawrence Taylor all over again. Alt.
Speaker 5: I mean, and I didn't watch enough of LT growing up, but the highlights just showed like the most dominant at his position, like, Bro, it's not a play that he's not causing, have it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And when I saw them come up there that first couple of plays.
Speaker 5: Like when we got to say, the first play of the game, I'm walking to the suite like, bro, I know we can just get a sack.
Speaker 2: And the third I think it was third down.
Speaker 5: So I stopped by TV before I got to the suite and I'm watching they had the entire defense on the line just sitting up there ready to you know, the s piers back. So I'm like, bro, yeah, it's gonna be one of those d of.
Speaker 2: Games for him to be a legit past rush of the way he is.
Speaker 4: When you think about pass rushing, the first thing come to your mind age they putting him in the a gap saying go woo a center like this, this is a.
Speaker 2: Different caick Man.
Speaker 4: I have to give him his proper he's he's dominant at the things he's Actually.
Speaker 5: I was questioning about just him when it comes to the things he do off the field with all the podcasts, and it's actually, you know, because you don't see too many guys of his caliber that vocal, you know what I mean, like, it's been a lot of guys and Donald dominated every year. You didn't hear peep from him, and now you get a guy that's actually dominant in his own right. I'm talking about to say the least, and he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna speak on it.
Speaker 5: He's gonna speak on who he thinks the favorite, how he feel about his coach, about every topic. You know, this kid, this guy has something to say about it.
Speaker 2: But the way he plays the game, let him do what he do. I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: I like what he said on the podcast at the Gay He was like, Hey, that JD five, Yeah is the truth, and he said, we can't get mad. They got they lick back. They went out there and they took the game. So sometimes it's just what it is. Listen, if that's all I got to worry about for him, I would love to have him in a commandment.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I do a lot of like evel on pass rushers, like do reports and stuff. And I don't think there's a person in the NFL who can win as quickly as consistent.
Speaker 2: I think it's so disruptive.
Speaker 1: And another thing just talking about in the second half obviously was great for Mark Smurrio to the offense in the first half. I also thought was just not quite on the same page, you know, like a lot of incomplete passes, penalties, sacks, negative plays, And it was nice to see them kind of figure it out, you know, And that was great. See then let's hit the defense real quick, defensively. Kind of a funny day because I actually thought, on the whole pretty good, probably three or four negatives that really stick out to you. Yeah, and then obviously the red zone stuff is great, So I don't know how you guys feel about that was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't think we played the rub every well like that.
Speaker 4: That bothered me, that daddle because to me, when I looked at his yards at the end game, oh that's all he had, because I thought he was at one hundred plus yours. So this one thing that we're going to have to fix moving into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: It's making people earn the run game. I'm also interested in seeing.
Speaker 5: How they do things up front because I know that we got, you know, back, and I feel like that youth that we had from Johnny Newton, man, it.
Speaker 2: Just was a difference. They don't get a love and and when I.
Speaker 5: Saw those guys get their little sprinkles here and there throughout the season.
Speaker 2: When you know Jay Allen was healthy.
Speaker 5: It was it was a different type of you know, you know play down there. And to me, I'm still questioning this cause we questioned this some years ago.
Speaker 2: Do Jail and Paine played way well together, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 5: And so it's just it's because sometime to me, I feel like Jay Allen gets a lot of double teams that time. Yeah, because I saw a couple of times they were double team and I saw he was he was he had to get some wins. I mean they had first game, Yeah, they had some drafts. But I will say this also out of all the games, because we know this is going to happen, your dB United goes. Those wasn't penalties on Saint Jus.
Speaker 2: The second one was perfect, like how can I do? What can you do?
Speaker 5: As far as the situation where he was at, he put his head back. But I just feel like he's created this kind of thing with itself by having so many situations they waiting for waiting to see twenty five in that spot, So you right about it, Joe.
Speaker 3: Was really frustrating. I felt I felt bad for talk about.
Speaker 2: Because I saw him, like you can tell it, tomorlized just.
Speaker 1: A tremendous play really, just like he didn't play it perfect. And again that's the thing about him is he does that where he's like he's in good phase, he's playing with good position and just never quite works.
Speaker 3: Out for him.
Speaker 2: It's about finishing and uh, town is right once they died.
Speaker 4: Is on you and they're like, all right, he's handsy, like they ain't gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: And he didn't get the benefit of the doubt on that pass.
Speaker 4: And and I understand how the fans where I could hear fans all over Americas not again. I just know it because I have been in that spot. I have been that defensive back. But it's a he's a guy we gonna need in this playoff, so we need his confidence to be there. And I know how it feels to get that letter of Monday that wasn't a pended.
Speaker 2: It's too late too.
Speaker 5: And not only that, it's just a simmer fact for being the guy that was called against knowing what you've been going through. Yeah all season long, man, you just that's what that's what hurts guys. Because you got to be tough skinned in this league and just period, you know, and this guy's went through you know, turmoil when it comes to just those college's period. So I'm just glad though that we can actually speak on it and show the good about it, because I feel like if anybody out there that you know, that understands how critical we've been all year loan with that position and this guy's in general. Man, to me, that was perfect and you could tell he's getting coached up. Somebody's taught him, you know, get got in his ear and told him how to play it a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was really great. It was great to see. It's too bad that it was a penalty. And again back on the run game stuff, it's just that's it's it's frustrating to watch y'all twenty two, yeah, because it's really just like.
Speaker 3: One gap, one guy playing the whole team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, one guy's spilling it the wrong way, Yeah, taking it on with the wrong show. And again there was no explosion. I think the longest run of the day was like thirteen yards.
Speaker 2: Orf like that just adds up five six, seven yards.
Speaker 1: And uh, and it just shows you kind of how when the offensive line's playing well and the back's kind of making them better, it can lead to one of those days. You know, it's funny because it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was. It's it's a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Tell me this because I know you watched tons of it.
Speaker 5: Man, I didn't get a chance to ask that much post game, what are you seeing from our run game? And I know a lot of the one of the big reasons is not having to beyond Yeah he's a he's a into part of that whole scheme, but just with the times, whether he was there or not, what's been you know, on a handicap, right, So yeah, let's just.
Speaker 2: Talk through it again.
Speaker 3: We can.
Speaker 1: We could probably do a whole show on this, So I'll try. I'll try to keep it nice and tight. The main thing is, I think when you look at Dallas, just check out what they did yesterday. They had seventy eight plays, so basically eighty plays. So they're getting first downs or finding explosives, they're fishing on first second down, and it allows you to run the ball more, you know what I'm saying. And so we only had eighteen attempts yesterday, you know, because of situation. The situations again, right, and think about it, three or four of those are quarterback runs. So in terms of backs getting carries, it's not very high because we can't We've mained. Yeah, you got to sustain, maintain the drive.
Speaker 2: We don't do that.
Speaker 1: So when you look at the run game, you say, there's times where b Robs not trusting it, there's time where the offensive line is aren't targeted correctly, there's.
Speaker 3: Times where they're not winning one on ones.
Speaker 1: And when you compare that to Dallas, I felt like Dallas was just more consistent with the targets, more consistent with the back trusting it. But to your what you just said there, Tanna, they had more bites at the apple. And when you look at how effective we've been in the rushing game over the course of the season, b Robb's getting twenty opportunities, but we're running seventy plays.
Speaker 4: But we also got the other odd ten run from quarterbacks and reverses and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, and it really comes down to just holding the football. Because again, like the first run of the game I think is a perfect example. This Dallas runs a little line stunt right, and the run is a little mistargeted. Right, They're not going to the right guy, the combinations aren't going to the right guy, and as a result, it ends up being a gain of nune. So on the sideline when I'm walking back and forth, I see the A line coach being like.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're gonna take it here.
Speaker 1: So if we got to run that run again, yeah, it's probably gonna be a gas. Yeah, but we never get back run yeah, because we had to punt and we had a bunch of three and outs in the first half.
Speaker 3: So I think it's it's a combination of everything.
Speaker 1: I do think having the Odish back were really and I don't think Deeter played poorly, but again there's a reason he's not.
Speaker 4: It's it's a difference in.
Speaker 1: And you know, I was a backup for a lot of my career and I understand, I understand, and so I have a lot of empathy for Dieter for sure. But getting him back in will help with the targets, to help with some of the one on one matchups, because again, like he does some stuff that's really special in terms of blocking nose guards, really fitting combinations, creating space, so getting him back in there.
Speaker 3: I think all big so and answer your question.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of stuff, and it's it's just frustrating and it's frustrating to watch.
Speaker 4: Because because we know this and when we play in that base ball is when we run in the ball and control in the game. And I think that's what we want to get back to now. Think about it. The games that we ran and control the ball, blowouts, games that we did we win in the last play it again like so, but what I do like, they finding ways to win.
Speaker 2: They don't care how the game goes, but they find ways.
Speaker 1: And I'm really glad you brought that up because to me, it's like in the first half, it's like all the offense is clunky and everyone's like, oh, it's because Jayden wasn't playing well. Jane actually was seeing it pretty well, but just wasn't hitting on some stuff. Yet if the run game's cooking, you probably don't probably don't notice it. You probably don't notice it, right, And so when Superman can't be Superman, it really negatively affects the offense. But the other thing you said there, Fred, which I love, Uh, they won the last player of the game. This is the fourth straight victory coming here on the last player of the.
Speaker 2: Game, which is cardiac command.
Speaker 3: This mind blowing, amazing, mind blowing.
Speaker 2: I think it's a skill.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: I think they have learned how to win no matter what the situation is.
Speaker 5: How many time have we been in the situation at Layers and lost. How many time we sat here and say we was in that situation. So when you have a knack for knowing how to finish, and that's the that's the key word finish. And that's something that dan Quinn, you know, emphasizing being a player. Like just to hear some of the some of the some of the guys you know talk about what he preaches about finishing, it shows you, like these guys understand, like it's gonna be games where we gotta it's gonna be money, but we gotta find that cliss part.
Speaker 2: We gotta find our way out of it. And that's what you've seen.
Speaker 5: You've seen time and time again that somebody stepping up to the rides of the challenge to make a player.
Speaker 4: And our quarterback is starting to get that, uh, that aura of himself Like Tom Brady gets about to last drive, he' all gonna lose. Like Patrick Mahoon get the ball to lands drive, You're probably gonna lose. Well, you know, Jedi five is starting to If Jedi five.
Speaker 2: Get that ball, you might lose.
Speaker 5: Is almost at the point that where you got two guys that feel that way.
Speaker 2: So it might be just our offense.
Speaker 5: Our offense have that or about hey, when we get the ball in our hands, it's time to go score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 1: It's definitely something they practice, something they talk about, like, you know, the the end of the end of the game there right, there's twenty three seconds left. Understanding that you can take a shot to the middle of the field, you can get up and spike it. Yeah, you can take one shot to the end zone as opposed to avenue kick a field goal, like when we played the Bears, like they screwed up a lot of those situations just not knowing. And so to me, that's also a testament to Dan like because he knows it right, Like when you talk to him, he's like, he's like, that's my area of the like I handle situational football statteas and so like for him to kind of have everybody got locked in that aware.
Speaker 4: Did you see the safety with his left hand up, left hand.
Speaker 6: We win.
Speaker 2: The Marcus Mariota run he has by the way, he thought it was a time for loss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marcus Mariota could be the best ball handling quarterback in the league. Kenley in college when he was at Oregon, they was running these r p O.
Speaker 1: His ball, his his he is if you want if you're high school coach, you want to.
Speaker 2: Know how to run.
Speaker 3: Job.
Speaker 1: He hides that ball, and he hides it and his ability to like glide it and then pull it in put it at the last minute. A lot of quarterbacks can't do it. And then the other thing about that to Fred and you can tell it because he did this. That organ a lot, you know, like they run that mid line like midline zone read, which is instead of reading an end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you read reading a three technique and you hit.
Speaker 2: It super tight.
Speaker 3: He's super tight almost downhill. And didn't it look just like that?
Speaker 2: Listen. I was looking at the running.
Speaker 4: Because now I'm like stop and then he just skirts out of it, and I'm like, this is unbelieving.
Speaker 2: I've seen this, dude, I said, why do people keep doing this on us?
Speaker 4: Didn't they learn from the b we ain't never out of the game. So if I had to pick one play that I thought really capitalized this game, it was dead play.
Speaker 1: Now it was a great, great ball fake and then he got so tight downhill like Marcus Sleuile did a great job playing outside, but like right down inside.
Speaker 2: But he liked his age a little bit.
Speaker 3: Is he righting?
Speaker 2: But I actually thought, like bro got out of there. That's good for what he is.
Speaker 5: Ship.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, he gave me another juice. I thought I wanted to see from him getting down.
Speaker 3: It was a thirty yard run, I was.
Speaker 4: It wasn't thirty y'all run, but it wasn't a sports card. It was more like a station where.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so that's awesome and obviously touched on at the end of the game. I mean that I played it. You know, it's crazy because I went back and watched it. They had a two point conversion, Yeah, try too high and then started that thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah yes, Terry Haynes, I had just said me and be Miss talking about a two point conversion and be Miss like then that was a pis say nah, I say that ball won't.
Speaker 2: Catch it, but you do it. Hate he put too much on it.
Speaker 5: I said, man, when you're throwing that ball, you almost got to aim at the defensive back back of my hat.
Speaker 2: Want to throw it short.
Speaker 5: Enough where I can go and get it off the top of his office back. And I say it was perfect, manh Terry went up there and showed everybody, man, you know what, just give me this chance.
Speaker 2: Man, this is what I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so even though this game was kind of messy, this I think culminates, not culminates because we have a playoffs time, but kind of just to show how special this season is. Like Washington has at least one win over Dallas Philly in New York and they haven't done that since twenty fifteen, so been a couple of years. Washington scored four hundred and eighty five points this season. That's tied for second most in Washington history.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable. Nineteen ninety one unbelievable.
Speaker 1: McClaren is one of four wide receivers to have seventy five receptions and one thousand yards receiving in five of their first six seasons, Brandon Marshall, Tory Holt, and Randy Moss amongst other guys.
Speaker 4: I think Torri Helpe gets in the Hall of Fame this year, Randy I ran in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: How do you feel about Brandon Washing respect his name remodel, bring up his name.
Speaker 2: B Marshall is one of those guys. Man.
Speaker 5: He dominated the NFL when he was playing and receive a position, so definitely got a game, some recognition.
Speaker 1: So just a really special season all all the way around, quite honestly. And now let's talk about dan Quinn bringing Marcus Mariota in our segment Risk It for the presented by Marshall McLennon Agency, your partner in risk and People strategies, Business insurance. Yes, they got you employee health benefits, they got you private client services, they got you there too. And a guy that had us in this game was Marcus Mariota. So kind of an interesting decision to bring Marcus in in the second half. And you know, I think it says a lot about the team to be able to go from kind of your franchise guy and then Marcus comes in and really not lose a beating in some Wady's kind of excel.
Speaker 3: It was really special moments.
Speaker 2: When I knew Marcus was special, not this game.
Speaker 4: It was the game before this when he went got Jamane off the guy.
Speaker 2: Go finish what you started this listen.
Speaker 4: As good as he's playing, there's two chances to play this year impeccable.
Speaker 5: Some of the things that's saying about this staff and about everybody who has a hand and just picking these players, is that we all questioned this pick up earlier in the year, not questioning from the point and standpoint of you know, do we believe in him as a second, you know, a backup quarterback, But we was like what parallels you know, and then you thought about it, like, well, okay, he's running quarterback. He probably has a little experience, has a little experience with you know what JD five is going through, and then also running this offense. But what we didn't realize is that these guys trusted that this man could come in here and be that guy if Jayden wasn't that guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So when you look at the two games that he got chance.
Speaker 5: To come in and play in flawless, I mean five touchdowns, know interceptions, been amazing to say the least. So that's I can't speak enough about what this staff and ap has done when it comes to just hand selecting these guys, picking these guys to cut to kind of mold who we want to be as a team.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. And it's a trust factor with a second screen quarterback. You know this.
Speaker 4: I have been on teams where the second screen quarterback come in.
Speaker 2: And like, everybody go down. We ain't got a chance.
Speaker 4: But this was very Todd Colin ak like Todd Colin coming up, we win it. So and I know, and I'm watching the offense when Marioda comes in, ain't no drop off.
Speaker 5: It was a it was a different kind of you saw it. They had a different kind of stepping. They step on that because when it came out there be missed. Is that eighteen in the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody on the broadcast it's like.
Speaker 5: What we're sitting this we have eating good.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm then to note he said eighteen in the game? Yea, what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: An old man?
Speaker 2: They got a clue. Time this dude been.
Speaker 1: So oh my god, I mean it really like to your original point, Tan, like what he's I watched a lot of Mark's Mariotta over the fust of his crew when they sign him. I watch a lot of them. I never saw this from him, and so I don't know what it is. It's coaching comfortable in his outfense and we have never That's that's a great point for it, because we've never seen him in.
Speaker 2: A spread spread offense. Arthur Arthur Smith was His offense was a run based off It's a.
Speaker 1: Run based offense under center, play action boot and this is him and the gun.
Speaker 2: This is him doing him. Oh yeah, this is what got him drafted.
Speaker 4: That's why we tell people, man, sometime, your NFL career ain't.
Speaker 2: Got a lot to do with you. We are, it got a lot to do. Drafts. Who your coaches is they gonna set you up for sucist?
Speaker 4: Why draft a guy like him and put him in a Chip Kelly style?
Speaker 2: Off of what you got to say too?
Speaker 5: Also, now I think when you look at what's going on in our league, they're getting more college all this kind of offenses just.
Speaker 2: Kind of doing their thing.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Back then, everybody want to pigeonhold everybody to be a certain control.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 5: For years, what we said about myself being a five nine, five ten receiver just kept me on the outside. They never wanted to move me around into year ten. So now you look at the quarterbacks, even with RG three. RG three probably didn't want to be a pocket passor, but that's all they talked about.
Speaker 2: You have to be a pocket pastor.
Speaker 5: So initially, I mean, eventually you're gonna say to yourself, well, I got to become a pocket passer in order to be I guess, accept pro quarterback, accepted in this league. So now you get a guy like Mark you know, Marcus Mariota to come in the league and they say, well, yeah, we saw what you did in college in that was Oregon. Now you have to come out here, you drop like these guys. And so now you get him in an offense where it ain't suitable to him. And now you finally see a guy and he's long into two now, much longer in the two now, but he's in the offense that he's comfortable, and he's in a position where he's coming because he don't have to be the guy. Yeah, he can be the guy that told show the other guy. Look, man, I've been through everything you're going through right now. Let me show you how I could have handled it better, to have you better at what you're doing. And I think he's been the perfect guy, been the perfect mentor and the perfect backup quarterback for JD five.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, Like when you were talking through that, it's like, think about what you know, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson have done for the position. I think it probably the first guy is like Cam Newton, ye know what I'm saying, Like for people like, man, we don't have to you don't have to play it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have to. This guy.
Speaker 1: Think about what it's done for Jayden Daniels, like how it's made his transition so much easier. And again like Marcus is you know, was kind of before those guys and it made it hard and obviously struggled with it, but man, it was so great to see him come out there and it was so great to see him get the word. You know I mentioned Terry, like just the way he caught the football and made plays for him, Hi was awesome. Now we got to say this o Z on.
Speaker 4: Their pass from what's his name Jamie Brown?
Speaker 2: Was it because it was the left spinning ball. You know what's crazy?
Speaker 1: So I was I'm on the sideline right and I was standing right behind the throw and I don't know if it was because he was running to his left or because he's left handed, but that I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: Tended it like banana.
Speaker 2: To him because you know, because you can see.
Speaker 3: So not only tailed away from him.
Speaker 5: So not only did he stumble, I've been in that situation before. Not only did he stumble. It's hard to be running as fast as he was running in the angle he was running, and then Jacko j repellans and look over his shoulder and try to correct, you know, because the ball sneak ups on you quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so it's almost like that ball that he dropped two weeks ago.
Speaker 5: With the ball he didn't know how to put his hand. Then he had to defender right there, so he didn't know if the guy was going to touch it or not. And the ball snook in there and it went right through his hands. Now this this time, you saw him he didn't know if I could do this or do this.
Speaker 2: It almost mad next, you know.
Speaker 1: Because to me, it was like the way the ball was coming, it was like, oh, yeah, this is this is the right one, you know what I mean. And then the last second it tailed like a punt like down the way to the left, and he tried to switch it and knocked it down obviously, But I was watching.
Speaker 3: That ball and mean, it was a beautiful thron laid the thing out he had the way, but the way it curved, I've ever seen a ball.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If it's because he was running like that, I don't I don't think I've ever seen a ball do that from a throw.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was a specially play especially throw, and he just couldn't finish it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel bad for because I've been in them shoes where you want to make a play, Yeah, and when you don't, Man, it's the worst fancy.
Speaker 2: They had the companies to come back to him to live and.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, so he drops that one. He had one that Jayden put up that would have been a tough catch. But then he when Marcus is in, gives him that shot. That's an explosive place twenty yard pass where he kind of mosses that. Dude makes a great play. And so that was the kind of the difference between the first half and the second half. And Jay Grewen used to say this all the time, and he used to laugh because it's you know, people don't want to hear this, but sometimes the difference is just you made plays in one half plays in the other half. And I think we've all been a part of games tel the two half games like that, right, So I think that's going to do it for our recap of the Dallas Cowboy game. And now we're off to our Tampa Bay playoff preview. Yes, last Washington playoff one, you want to guess.
Speaker 2: One hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: So it's on the rundown January seventh, two thousand and six at Tampa Bay, seventeen to.
Speaker 3: Ten seventeen circle here here we are.
Speaker 4: It was we only played two teams in the playoff Tampa.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's just been that way for the last thirty years. Temple in Seattle. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It just that the game there, bro I left that game, don't get me wrong. It's a famous picture that's that everyone posts on Instagram all the time, and it shows me, Sean and Porter's hanging out in the club that was after that game. That's the only time we can get Sean to go somewhere with us most definitely, and he hung out after that game. And what people for the realized it's crazy to get him to hang out because he got kicked out of the game for.
Speaker 2: Doing something unlike what.
Speaker 5: I can't say unlike Sean, because Sean was one of those guys. He he got outside and last a lot, but man, he was phenomenal in that game.
Speaker 2: He scored a touchdown in that game. He's had a knack for the ball.
Speaker 5: Someone else got an interception, they fumbled it or or turnover and.
Speaker 3: They to be there.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 5: He knocked somebody in the back and just saw the ball bouncing one hopped.
Speaker 4: It and took on get his hand on the ball. Like That's why if I was the coach, I wanted to know if to put him on offensive defense because he's he was basically unstoppable once he got the ball in his hand.
Speaker 1: Did I remember this is my rookie in twenty ten and I said to tell the story all the time. But watching like Danny Smith was like, this is what it means to be a Redskin at the time, And it was all Sean Taylor plays and they were only kickout with it was like kickoff her return like no matter what. And then it was like fumble recoveries, big hits and you were just like this dude's.
Speaker 3: Like a cartoon.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm being from California. I didn't really know, no, but like, like.
Speaker 1: What you're talking about, It's like I'm running next to the pile, the ball pops out, I catch you one handed.
Speaker 3: I step from this studio touching. You're like God.
Speaker 2: And it just made it look easy, like he made the pros.
Speaker 4: Looking from the first day I watched him practice, I was like, like, there's.
Speaker 1: Some dudes that are different, like Michael Parts. We talked about being different, like when you with those clips. I remember all of them, guys.
Speaker 3: I remember thinking like there's dudes like this in the NFL, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 2: This is like where am I meson right now? And this group of guys.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're gonna get our our Tampa Bay previews started off with getting geeked Yes, presented by seat Geek, the most Disrupted Idea and ticketing a ticket that actually works.
Speaker 2: Expect the unexpected, seek expected expected. I like that voice.
Speaker 3: It was this reading voice.
Speaker 2: I ain't hear that voice from Free you know, I got that from Lamar Burden Rainbow.
Speaker 4: We had a couple of people that really tied us generation the my burn.
Speaker 2: Tied us how to room boys and girls, taught us how to paint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bob Ross taught us how to play.
Speaker 2: Mister Rogers told us that had that soft voice. Sit, mister.
Speaker 1: Some iconic like growth people there like think about reading Rainbow, you know, mister mister Rogers like so ahead of his times in terms of like segregation and like everything like awesome and then reading Rainbow.
Speaker 3: I remember sitting down and be like, Oh, what's.
Speaker 2: The book gonna be today? See we did these these themes again generation.
Speaker 4: It was universally like, this is one thing we can all say to each other, who's reading Rainbow. Everybody liked because identified with him is this is my first teacher. Now I know my other teachers are there special, but he's my first teacher.
Speaker 2: And half of us drawing stick men.
Speaker 4: Cause Bob I always wanted to my said, I did Bob Ross finish this point because Bob and be sitting there talking, stroaking at the same. By the way, watch we get the depth in this mountain.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna shade over here with these happy trees, these happy mountains. Oh okay, So.
Speaker 1: Just like Bob Ross and Burton and mister Rogers were iconic for their era, and the iconic people in this matchup are Jane Daniels and Baker Mayfield. And so for our getting geeked, we're gonna do a little bit of a statistical comparison. I think this is very illuminating for what makes Baker Mayfield good and what makes the Jade and Daniels.
Speaker 4: Baker too gets props absolutely, so PFF grade Jane Daniels eighty nine point six, Baker Mayfield eighty six.
Speaker 1: And so we're gonna talk about what's the difference here, because when you go down and you check this out and you go to big time throw percentage, Jane Daniels two point nine to seven and he's had a pretty good year, yeah, but Baker Mayfield is three point one eight. So why is there a difference in terms of what is that PFF grade? Yeah, because technically, if you've got more time, more big time throws, yeah, your percentage should be highly right. They wait those grades really heavily in that metric. But then you get down to turnover worth he plays tannem you see that right there. Yeah, So one point seven to two for jayde and Daniels, that's an excellent number. He's been excellent all year with that, and I think that is one of the things that.
Speaker 2: Has really made impress me the most about him.
Speaker 1: Is his ability to protect the football And go to our guy, Baker.
Speaker 2: What does that say right there? Three points one? That is very, very high.
Speaker 1: And so as for as good as Baker Mayfield has been, yeah, pushing the football down the field, we're going to talk about his completion percentage on ten plus yard throws. Mike Evans extending plays. He's got one of the longest times to throws in the NFL. It's like two point seventy five seconds because he's extending plays, making plays on third down. He does all that stuff. He's making plays, doing a great job. He does turn the football over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a lot cleaner when Qus Godwin was playing in early in the year. So I would say the reason he had the more big play throws because he had to build a set of wide receivers than Jaydon Daniels did early in the year.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you one thing, that fifteen, that little rookie from Washington, he's ball no, no, he's making play.
Speaker 4: Know he's making plays. But the one thing also, Baker is his biggest fan in his biggest threat, like because he want them guys.
Speaker 2: He can make every throw.
Speaker 5: He's a perfect cannonidate for our segment. We had Risky for the Biscuits. He is the Biscuit.
Speaker 2: He gonna risk it, you know. But he plays back yard football and I love that about him. And he's always been one of these guys.
Speaker 4: He's better as the underdog, like he's just that's who he is.
Speaker 2: He's not a front runner. He's better as the underdog.
Speaker 4: And don't forget he got Kate Odden, Bocket Bucket, IRV and ketch screens out the backfield, Rashad White, kitchen passes, so he has a group down there. And don't forget about Tristan Worth in his offensive line. Nobody ever talks about the offensive line. He's been had some pretty clean protection because those guys been healthy.
Speaker 2: But he's Baker Mayfield and he will give you a chance to make plays on him. By proved that message, yeah one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And again that's our segment getting geeked, and we'll have one of those moving forward for the playoffs. But yeah, that's I think gonna be some to keep an eye on because Baker Mayfield does a great job. He's like, really when you watch him, like their third down stuff, their first and second down efficiency versus Orleans, for example, Yeah, not great.
Speaker 3: They get the third down dudes dealing.
Speaker 2: Because he's checking away doing a good job. You got thinking about it.
Speaker 5: The first game we had had in our wraps for seven seven times only now ringing the ball. He found a way to get slippery and get out of those tackles, man and make plays down the field.
Speaker 2: So better athlete than you think he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so we were said, we're gonna talk about his throws down the field. You know, Baker Mayfield thirteen of sixteen for one hundred and ninety eight yards, a pass rating of one thirty one point eight on ten plus yard throws, and a lot of those come. Like Tanner was saying, where I break the pocket, I break out of his sack and.
Speaker 2: I'm breaking down fence breaks down, and.
Speaker 1: I'm making a play down the field. So I think in this matchup one of the things you got to keep an eye on to corral him. Keep him in the pocket. Yeah, keep him in there, right, don't let him extend. The offensive line is actually really talented.
Speaker 2: Do you talked about trust options tality. But guess what, Baker is a short quarter man.
Speaker 4: If I can keep him inside of the pocket, those thorough throws not as clean as they used to be because he reminds me of Drew Brees in his way. Drew Brees did a great job of not throwing over his offensive line. He threw in between his offensive line. That's what Baker does a good job. Anytime it's a three step quick game. He throws in between the linement, not over the labeman. But I want to force him to throw out of money player.
Speaker 5: We need one of those performances that we had in Arizona. Oh my god, we need one of They kept that court, They kept in the pocket and made sure when he got slippery and tried to get outside. Those guys right there, he's playing run into their owns.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you brought that up, Fred about kind of keeping keeping the pocket. Because their tackles are playing wal Tristan Wirfs and Luke GOTTAKEI.
Speaker 3: Doing a really good job.
Speaker 1: They're they're they're the highest graded tandem I think outside of the Philadelphia guys.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like they say, nay Detroit, No, yeah, you guys, they're playing out of the mind.
Speaker 1: I mean, the seels grading better than both of them, but compared to both together, guys both together, So it's it's it's the Eagles and then them. And so the tackles are the great job and that does give him an ability to escape right and left. But I will say one of the things that sticks out to me is like Graham Burdon I think is going to be a good player. He's their center long time in the NFL, up and down from a past protection standpoint, and Brandon and Ben I'm gonna mess his name up, do it. Brendanson is their right guard, our left guard. He's having our tough year. So if we can get pressure internally, I think that's gonna be a big deal. Because what do you say about short quarterbacks, right, They don't like that.
Speaker 4: They don't like that in tearing your pushban and a shorter quarterback also don't like it.
Speaker 2: Muddy, he don't like like.
Speaker 4: If he sees his guy's last name in his face, it makes it all up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I think they're number four in explosive passings this year.
Speaker 2: Let's just shock me.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because their average depth of target like down the field is not that highest. They're doing a great job. Baker's doing a great job extending but getting checked downs. Guys are working after the catch. Screen game is totally alive for them. So it is an interesting offense to watch when you watch it on film. Yeah, because it's pretty horizontal, very traditional West Coast, and guys are making place. Yeah, you know, like you mentioned Godwin and who was healthy, long catches off a choice route stuff.
Speaker 2: So that's one element.
Speaker 1: The other element that we got to be really hyper aware of, I think in this matchup is Bucky Irving. They are they are number two in explosive runs, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, number two in the NFL, and think about like Sakwan Derrick Henry. Yeah so, and a big part of that is Bucky Irving, right, He's he was voted the most elusive running back by PFF. He's got a ninety percent rush grade, which is crazy. And when you watch him on first and second down, this is the thing. This is the straw that stirs the drink. He's making people miss. He's finding explosive runs and the down to down isn't super efficient, like when you watch bees On, it's like five six seven, five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy is like one two, three forty.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You're just like yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So in terms of like the stuff we were talking about versus Dallas, where it's.
Speaker 2: Like they methodically moved about that, it's not like that.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit like he's gonna find a way to be explosive. And so I guess my question to you guys is with an offense that's horizontally explosive and a running back that is finding ways in the screen game and with design runs to find a big plays like what's the formula there.
Speaker 2: A cover two and cover four?
Speaker 4: I'm I'm gonna play cover two and cover four because I really want to stop your If you're telling me your run game is it radic as it is, I want to force you to do that. I want to take even though he's so explosive, even though he's so explosive, I want to force him to beat me because I know Mike Evens can beat people.
Speaker 2: I know Mike Gavens can beat people.
Speaker 4: If I don't give you the big pass play and we keep everything in front of us, I think we got a chance to win that game.
Speaker 5: I need to put I'm gonna go out to the football guards and pray that we can get it. We can get somebody to locked down one side so I can bring that man in the.
Speaker 2: Box so we get healthy. I think somebody get healthy. Please please do we know.
Speaker 5: Because Number I honestly believe the way she has been playing this year. Yes, sir, we get him in that box and let him bro It was. It was at times watching him a couple of weeks ago and it was almost like just to say, like Carolina, let both of these guys go.
Speaker 2: She and that Tasmanian devil was almost every time.
Speaker 3: They was every tackle.
Speaker 2: But they like they let Jeremy Chin just just walk out the door. So we ain't let them work from here. Lock him up, put them in a case. But now I want to see us be able to play with our safeties a little better, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We want to rock and roll them. Yeah, we we have to put somebody down there.
Speaker 5: Because Bucket was he was especially the first time we saw him, and he's just a rookie, you say, right, meant to see him be able to be elusive as he was that first game. First game of the season. And now he don't get his he done got comfortable, he don't got his confidence up. You know, I've been watching. I just watched the tape on it last game. I'm like, Yeah, this guy here, he has the knack for the big play. So we gotta have somebot to Rasha White too, running back at the backfield.
Speaker 2: So they got.
Speaker 3: And they got the double headed monster. You mentioned the tight end.
Speaker 1: And the other thing too, is like if you think about back to the first matchup, they ran a lot of trap, like kind of what I would call long trap where you're trapping the defensive end running wham, really taking advantage of.
Speaker 3: How aggressive they were for those exposive players.
Speaker 1: And the other thing, and I think this next person we're going to talk talk about it's gonna be so important for this is they run a lot of pre snap motion. And so I look at Bobby Wagner and I say, he's got to be in the book this week. He's in the book every week. You say, Chass, you gotta play chess with them, But he's jas But based on PFF, he's the second most effective run stopper this year. Really had a just a really tremendous season for you know his.
Speaker 2: Where he just brought so much to the take that can't be measured.
Speaker 1: Cadi getting all of that pre snap stuff communicated is going to be imperative. And the question I would ask you is, if you're Tampa Bay, do you look at what the things they did well in the first game running the ball and say we get back to that same stuff or do you say, Washington's have an answer for that.
Speaker 3: Let's get to something different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you you can't do what you did successfully the first game with no Chris God.
Speaker 2: I think you've got to have a.
Speaker 4: Different because you got to say to yourself, this ain't the same Washington team we play.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 4: We've matured, our quarterback has gotten better, our offense have gotten better than it was.
Speaker 2: Defense is a better defense.
Speaker 4: And plus we might have the one guy that's been a little kryptonite to Mike Evans.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, I said his name.
Speaker 2: Because we don't know right now and we don't want to Jeep last time I said it kind of cuss me.
Speaker 3: Lord, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the first back, because that would be just a just from like a football standpoint watching those two guys go.
Speaker 5: At it most most good offenses, though, Man, they're gonna they're gonna hit you in the monding being that the same thing they gonna see if you got it figured, if you figure it out, because you know, the Patriots were not tourists for the coast, was notoriost for Brady and Manny, they was notorious for Hey, let me see if you can, let me see if you can stop this, and if you don't stop it, they will have they will keep running it. But also they're gonna have something that looks something like what they did before, window dressing, window dressing, and.
Speaker 2: Then hit you with something else. So you just gotta be ready.
Speaker 5: Man. This is one of the things I love about the playoffs. Who kids, what you did in the regular season don't count no more. All that matters is today. And guess what if I played my best today and I beat you, then that's all that's all we know.
Speaker 4: How intensive playoff got It's just something about.
Speaker 2: Told you the air different. Man, It's like lights different.
Speaker 4: It's like every mistake just it's just it's something about the playoffs.
Speaker 2: When I say every inch and it counts it's great.
Speaker 5: I knew it was something about the playoffs that was different because even early in my career, and I think my my first year, we played in the playoffs and I you know, I was hurt that year, but I ended up being healthy enough to go to the playoffs. But the first time I actually played in the playoff, it was my second year with the Jets and we played at home. We got Peyton Main them coming town. We beat them like forty something to six. When when they was doing the whole fly over and the whole national amp, I shed a tear. I was sitting there, I was the tears were dropping. I said, oh, yeah, this is something different.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that sure, No Sho Marino, nobody. I was like, it's just something was different about the game.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I went out there, I had to touch down that game. It was just something different about the atmosphere.
Speaker 2: So it's crazy. That's what the playoffs do.
Speaker 1: For man, it is weird because like you watched like Syrian, remember he cried last year and then like you know, no shot Marina like bro.
Speaker 2: It brings it out you like you I was to listen when I watched the man you see that big emotions, but.
Speaker 5: It honestly brings something out you because you really in that moment, because like think about it, if you don't make it out of that game, that is your that is your last game.
Speaker 2: That's your last game.
Speaker 5: And so you want to play special, You want to be sound, you want to you just want to enjoy where you at. You know how they say be where your feet are. That's that moment, right, I'm here today. Nothing else mattered. You know, everybody who should be here here, everybody's watching at home, they where they at.
Speaker 2: Man, I got to go out and perform.
Speaker 4: It's just to the edge of your seat action. It's like everything counts.
Speaker 1: I love it. And uh, you know you mentioned coverages and you know, if the guy who must not be named doesn't play, we've had a guy and uh and Mike Sanderso has done a really.
Speaker 2: Good job this year, great job this year.
Speaker 1: And I think back when I watched the film of the first game, I was like, man, he was such a young player. Yeah, and then now to see him make him play sure seventy three tackles, eleven past defenses, two interceptions, like a tremendous.
Speaker 2: Ricky Kona drafted and Washington is one freench twist. I knew that you were talking about himself.
Speaker 5: I say I say this too, before we get to ahead of them and talking more about smooth, I would say this, even if we don't get what we want in the secondary forest the individual, this is where the coach got to say, hey man, you gotta put on your big boy jeans today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm puting one of yacht down. Yeah, let me see what you made up. Somebody gotta do it. Somebody got to do the job at least how we need to play.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy. I know this guy has been up and down this year, Benjamin.
Speaker 1: Said, Jesus his matchup. He went to toe with this he did, and I was impressed, like colored me, impressed by it. So I do think they have they have options, they have answers. I do think Joe what Jr. Has been calling great great games, doing a great job.
Speaker 2: I love his adjustments too. I'm phenomenal.
Speaker 3: So but it's gonna be it's gonna be a battle for sure.
Speaker 2: The playoffs.
Speaker 5: This is when you put on your fooboo jeans, the baggy, the big baggy jeans, and he plays Jello songs.
Speaker 2: Listen the same.
Speaker 5: Put on that Jaelo on them food boos man, everybody right now, I should.
Speaker 2: Say the bar ball was right, The bar ball was right. Jello just dropped the hottest al And I know you don't listen to rap.
Speaker 3: Like you listen to rap, but not like that. Apparently, is this a new song.
Speaker 2: It's a new song to drop the ball? Is he rap that thing? Jason, Hey, listen.
Speaker 5: I don't want to know the song, but it's catchy, catchy, Yes, remind me of those days.
Speaker 2: It's West coast, you know, he's from the West coast, West Coast mixed with the little South. It sounds like New Orleans.
Speaker 5: Sounds like you can put baby them on that juvenile slim soldier whoever.
Speaker 3: You probably got some homeworks do.
Speaker 5: But I tell you this though, man, I just feel like, you know, when it comes to the playoffs, man, a lot of that stuff out the door. Whatever we was, whatever we was questioning about running offensively, defensively, special teams wise, lot to do. Somebody got to step up, somebody got to rise to the challenge. And I think when we're talking about defenses and stopping people, if we're comfortable in the situation.
Speaker 2: We got to put somebody out there and say, hey, bro, I need you to do This is how you become a name.
Speaker 5: If your job depending on this tonight, this is what I need you to do it. And we have enough guys to be able to put in that moment. We're put in that situation.
Speaker 1: So no, absolutely, and so again that's going to be really interesting to watch kind of you know what Tampa does to do this stuff they did from the first game to do this some new stuff, it's a it's a really well remember fourth and exposed to plays passing, second, exposed to plays rushing, they find exposed to plays.
Speaker 2: They do a great job.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting because when you watch the defense. Their defense, yeah, kind of the same thing. They're a little bit of like big play merchants. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They have a you know, forty blitz rate and they really ride that a lot.
Speaker 2: They have a they have what I call a style on every level.
Speaker 4: You got via Vea on on the d Live, you got Levante, Dave and the rest of those lineback, and then you got Antioine Winfield Junior. So they have a group that's been collectively playing together for years.
Speaker 2: They know each other and they trust each other.
Speaker 5: Do you do you expect them seeing what Jaden was able to do with his legs in the second half of that game Week one, do you expect them to say, let's let's get back into more of a past coverage thing, because remember he was hesitant. Yeah, and we've heard of so across but now you've seen him. He been He just likes and dice you. So I'm wondering what their game plan is going to because I'm sure they see all the teams that have stood up there and just send everybody and then it don't work and you don't get them down.
Speaker 4: Can they change their colors? I think they stick to who they are. I think they see what Dallas did and say, you know what, we can blitz too. We might not have a Michael Parsons, but we can we can make him unsettled. Because I think what they're gonna look on their feem and see is it's kind of almost damned if I do. Damned if I don't with this kid, So I might as well try to make him make the quickest decision possible by blitzing people.
Speaker 5: I think we need some wrinkles in there too. If we see anything saw in Dallas man with all those guys that going through no progression. Man, guy just got to as a receiver. We had those wrinkles. And it's crazy because I look at football now with a different lens and I'm like, you see certain teams do it. They have hot reads already building them to certain routes and stuff like that. And I'll be wondering at time when I see that, because I remember when we had this with RG three at one year.
Speaker 2: And Minch I'm in a slot, telling Trent he coming.
Speaker 5: So I gave treading a little sickening and Trent hit his hip, he telling he let RG know, Hey man, they coming.
Speaker 2: And when I saw RG went through his progression, I'm like, my man just came out. You about to hit me? Now? You know I'm in a slot right now.
Speaker 5: So I'm just hoping that whatever they bring and how they play us, that we have something ready for. You got to have that plan B or have that that. I guess you can say that that that answer, you know for some of those coverages.
Speaker 2: And again when you look at their blitzer.
Speaker 1: I went back and watched them all yesterday and I was just like, man, this is a really well designed blitzing team.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: We talked about one of one of the looks they bring is they kind of run six guys online of scrimmage of two stand up guys, and so most guys, as you'll drop those guys out, you can kind of send the slide away. But I will say the defensive coordinator really does a great job of being like, oh, you're gonna send the slide this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a different call. We're gonna blitz the two.
Speaker 1: Stand up guys. We're gonna drop the two down guys. We're gonna act like we're dropping these guys out and then bring them back on the blitz. And so when I was thinking like of how to kind of rule the protections on third down, specifically third and long, it's a lot. And when you look at third down from the first game, the amount of pressure they're able to generate, the patterns are able to bring, how they're able to get the four man overloads. That's all a foremat overload is when you have the center and you blitz four guys to the right or left of that.
Speaker 3: It just there's a lot going on.
Speaker 4: It was a completely healthy team when we played them in the first week. They have lost a lot of defensive backs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 4: They rotating back there, and I think this gonna you know, if I'm Terry and I'm Moz and the rest of these guys, I'm like, let's come out.
Speaker 2: I was going, I was gonna.
Speaker 5: I was going to actually, I was going to get to that with Logan and see if he broke down. What's the percentage race of teams passing against them on first down compared to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that'd be a good question, because they are they are a team like this is I'm glad you brought this up.
Speaker 3: This is a good point.
Speaker 1: They are a team that, like so the Commanders, for example, they're okay with your running the ball on first down because they play light boxes. I think they play light boxes seventy fifty seven percent of the time, which is third highest rate in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Like, they're okay, they know you're gonna run the ball.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: We just don't want the big play. Tampa Bay has to be the opposite of that. They are playing big personnel. They're playing their three to four personnel, you know, Vidave, Colijah Cansie, Logan is the other guy. They've got two big outside linebackers defense and they got everyone's in the box.
Speaker 3: They're like, you will not run run the ball on us on first down.
Speaker 1: And basically I think what I would do if I'm Cliff and I'm not Cliff, one of the things I would think about is like when they bring that big person on the field, yeah, let's throw the let's throw the throw the rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They those guys are great pass rushers, they're great at stopping the run.
Speaker 3: They're not great in coverage.
Speaker 1: Like for example versus New Orleans, they've brought this beautiful pressure where they dropped there was a Yadyabi and their other outside linebacker, so defensive ent out and they were right in the throwing window and they just don't have ball skills, and so Ratler just laid it right in between the two of them for a first down and they were like come at each other like hitting the ground.
Speaker 2: But they can't do that.
Speaker 1: So what I would say is, if they're gonna get in that big, heavy personnel, then let's keep them in there and attack the grass that those guys can't.
Speaker 2: Can't come down.
Speaker 1: And again, they're gonna bring run pressures they're gonna make it hard, but I think that that is something I would really try to and being.
Speaker 5: That they have had some troubles with that secondary lineup, they have been suscept move to the big play both in a run game and the pass game. So it's gonna be interesting, man, just to see how we handle that, because I watched that every week from us, like when are we gonna just come out throwing at times? Because you know, especially now when when we've had the musical chairs with our center, it's like they're they're, they're, they're waiting for that. And and I think as the season went on, the teams understood that Washington is at their best when we run the ball, when you know, and when I saw things being muddy and cloudy up front, I'm like, bro, we need to come on this gash from here and there, you know, I mean, do something that we haven't done a lot of because no, how to get them a little to play a little differently, you know.
Speaker 1: And so for for the Command Center show, the producer or producer Ryan is like, what was different about that game compared to this game? So I don't know, like you know, Jaye Danwel's got a lot better. You know, we're not running the ball as well, all these different things, and then I was like, you know what the number one differences is Terry had two catches for fourteen yards in that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when you watch the amount of explosive plays that those two Jaden and Terry have been able to cultivate. Yeah, yeah, And we're going to break this down on the Command Center show.
Speaker 3: Is is night and Day.
Speaker 1: So if you could hit a couple explosives and get them out of these really aggressive fronts, you're going to create some air for the running game.
Speaker 3: And I think that might be to Tanna's point, like.
Speaker 2: What we're laying guys like Oz has start to really do. Yeah, yeah, really, so it's just more than all those guys zach Ertz. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And just to have him back, we I think they played him well last week, just made sure they had a little you know, a nice little snap count from but just to have him fully you know, recovered and healthy, I can expect a lot of screens and some of the things that he did well in the first out and you know what, I mean, to get back going.
Speaker 1: So and the other thing too, when you play that kind of big personnel on first and second down, they'll do it to eleven, they'll do it to like three oude receivers. Is I think Cliff's got a great job from a formation standpoint and being like, if you're not going to walk out with this bunch, you'll walk out with these three receivers.
Speaker 3: Let's throw a screen.
Speaker 2: They's get that part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so there are things that Cliff has done, and he's done a great job, Anthony Levi Lynn is done to really kind of maximize that group. So I think handling their aggressive nature of Tampa Bay is going to be a big deal. How you handle the blitz on third down is going to be a huge deal. And because again this is something that we haven't talked about a ton, but the teams that have done really well are teams that blitz, you know, like they blitz on third down, they rush like and compress the pocket anyway, and Tampa Bay doesn't do that.
Speaker 3: But I would imagine we see.
Speaker 4: They gonna piick up on it. Yeah, we're going to try to which usually people don't do that a lot. We're running quarterbacks, so it's a it's a given to take there.
Speaker 1: It'll be really interesting. So really, I mean, gosh, we are so excited for this match now really.
Speaker 6: So oh all right, now time for hell yeah or hell no? That one was so good, you guys crush that one temptation?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Will Mike Evans have one hundred yards receiving and there's a person who won't be named verse Mike Evans potentially right, which we're gonna talk.
Speaker 2: About in the same person. He's only had one hundred yard game against Yes, yes, yes, So I'm going to go and say hell.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Does it matter if this person we're talking about?
Speaker 5: But I don't, I don't, I don't, And I'm not going to just hold it solely on just one individual. I think collected, that's one guy that we you know, Joe Witt probably has already circles like, look, man, we stop him, things get a little little different, you know, for this offense. So I think it's gonna be one of those vot cool points that we're going to say, hey, this is the guy we need, are going to stop him, we you know, I mean, as our defense got to slow him down.
Speaker 1: And Mike Evans isn't playing as good as he was early in the year. Yeah, but he's playing well. Yeah, So I do think if you can and again, well, you think about the Philly game right where this guy was healthy, like he tracked a J. Brown the whole game, and he gives you some flexibility with the other guys. So I do think that that's not a bad idea, and especially if Mike's not as good as a J.
Speaker 3: Brown.
Speaker 1: Now, I think that match will probably favorites Washington. Lets you be more aggressive, pressures, do that kind of thing. So I'm gonna say, hell yeah, I'm gonna say hell yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, he gets done, hell hell hell no, hell no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so I remember, but I talk about just things that are fun for football fans that matchup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be great, all right.
Speaker 3: Will Jayden Daniels have three plus explosive plays.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, hell yeah, hell yeah, one with his legs, two with his own at least if.
Speaker 3: They get three explosives, game, probably win the game.
Speaker 2: Battle yes yeah, hell yes, yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: I believe he get those in the plays just off of just who he is, not going out trying to do too much, just playing inside of the game.
Speaker 2: Playing, playing the plays.
Speaker 4: His reactive how he reacts to things out of gonna get him three big plays again.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I don't know about this specifically, and I'm gonna say I'm leaning hell yeah, because I just watched watching him in that Atlanta game. I was like, this dude is a dog when it's time to compete, when it's time to win a game, he's gonna put it out there.
Speaker 5: And yeah, forgot his prime time. Not only is a is a playoff game, it's at night, Sunday night.
Speaker 2: I five made the force be wished.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say, hell ya.
Speaker 1: I'm he just seems to get better in big moments, and I think this is it doesn't get much biggerger than it.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited to watch it.
Speaker 2: Don't get bigger than this.
Speaker 1: Is a good one because this has been the case last couple of weeks. Will this come down to the last player of the game, this game, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Say, hell no, Okay, I got confidence. We're gonna get the running game going. And if we get the running game going, games don't be close. They don't be close. Now, if the running game is not going, it will come down to the last game. I am being on b Rob the rest of the running backs to show up and control the game.
Speaker 5: So hell no, respectfully, I have to give credit when it's due. And Tampa's coming in hot. They're playing at home. That's Staven gonna be a mad house.
Speaker 2: The fans gonna take over the stadium game, they will be there, but that's Staven is gonna be a mad house. They're gonna be so juice.
Speaker 5: So I have to give them credit for what they have shown. And I think it's gonna be one of those games. So you say last play coming down to the last play, baby, Hell yah.
Speaker 3: As much as I would prefer it not, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, I don't want it to. But I just think at least a reason why I said we would we thriving those.
Speaker 3: Malls, So I like it.
Speaker 1: Give me another analysis. So if they do run the football, I think it's gonna bode well. But I think it's gonna be uh hell yeah, it's Goulda come down the last player of the game, and hopefully we have the football and hopefully j D Jedi five that's his thing and gets to win, and then we have five consecutive.
Speaker 4: Games, the longest kingsbyy Aka Master Yoda plays the right way, We'll be all right.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, gosh, trying to you know him?
Speaker 3: And are you going down to the game?
Speaker 2: Shut up. That's what they do. That's what they do. They leave me on the weekend. I'm gonna be in a blizzard.
Speaker 4: These guys are gonna be down there when they shirt up in town.
Speaker 2: Is what what? What? What y'all don't understand. It's best to leave him because he might not show up. To leave him, it's for his own well being.
Speaker 3: Actually, all right, that's gonna do it for today's show.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for watching and listening, and obviously if you like and subscribe, that helps us out, good money for us, hopefully help us out playoff show, and we are ecstatic and can't wait to see on the other side.
Speaker 2: That's it.