Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Plays Lounge. Let's ride here. We are off the bye week. Back to the regular season of football.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys on Sunday will travel out to Levi Stadium in Santa Clara, California for NBC Sunday Night Football. Heck Ma Harrison is here, Barry Church is Hereui Scruggs. This show is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. I had seen each other four minutes. Yeah, it's been a minute shows last week.
Speaker 4: What you learned, what you well, you didn't go anywhere, you were right here. You didn't change times, you know?
Speaker 2: Is that one of it is you don't have to change seats, you know, doing none of that. Just he was with the.
Speaker 5: Veteran players, He was with Nate whose Everson was on. There was Holly was out here. I heard that.
Speaker 2: It was good man.
Speaker 3: I think I asked like three questions and then they took care of It was fun that's fun.
Speaker 2: They just went sit back and put on filing on. Oh oh it was.
Speaker 3: It was, you know, enlightening and it was like one of the questions I asked him was who is your who was your favorite position coach?
Speaker 2: And why? And you played college ball.
Speaker 3: I think people understand when you go start playing at college and you play in the pros, you get a position because you spend so much time with that guy and ultimately there's somebody who made you a better player and in some cases a better person.
Speaker 2: Who was that for you? Jim Levitt, Oh yeah, ended up coaching something. Jim Levin. Jim Levin, I would I would credit him for that. Man.
Speaker 4: He was probably the first person that ever tapped into my maniac You understand it there, Yeah, you realize that you're playing at this level, but then there's a whole other level to be at. And he was the dude for me that kind of like showed me like, this is the level of football that you can play, this is the way it's supposed to be played at.
Speaker 2: At k State. So yeah, man, he was he was incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a good head coaching career. He started that program at South Florida.
Speaker 2: Down there for years.
Speaker 4: Yes, Unfortunately he's had some other things follow him with other players over the years, you know, building a USF roster. I think he started that thing from the ground up basically, and it was a defensive coordinator linebacker coach for the San Francisco forty nine.
Speaker 2: Is a great guy. About you.
Speaker 5: I had too, to be honest with you, earlier in my first I believe two years, it was Brett Maxie.
Speaker 2: So he was my sav coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brett MAXI went to Madison High School and I went to Lincoln, so we were arrival schools. Every time I see him, I always called it wrong school. I don't even call him that big time with a Maxie.
Speaker 2: That's I still talk to him to this day. And you know, he was.
Speaker 5: He was very important to me as my you know, formative years in the National Football League, trying to show me how to navigate this thing and the ins and outs, and so he was. He was very important, you know, to my career early on and then as I developed into the player I was. It was Jerome Henderson who was here. I think he was here for he was here for about I had him for about.
Speaker 2: Four or five years here, and you know, he was outstanding.
Speaker 5: He really taught me how to, you know, approach the game mentally as far as film study and making sure you know, we both understood I wasn't the fastest guy out there, so I had to make sure I knew what the opponent was doing ahead of time to be at the right place at the right time. He's the guy that showed me all about, you know, breaking down film tendencies and quarterbacks and how to take advantage of things in that regard. So Henderson and Maxie were my two, you know, biggest influence as far as coaches and is concern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it's it's it's it's huge. And I don't know, if you guys want seen your college football this weekend. You see you see where teams who lose and all of a sudden they if the if the head coach cost too much to get rid of the next guy's a coording.
Speaker 2: We can't pay you.
Speaker 3: We can't pay our forty four million to get rid of Brett vnnables, but we can get rid of set the trail the offensive court in I mean.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 3: We see last night with the Jets that's over there, and I was like, okay, was it really Robert.
Speaker 2: Sala, No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: The thing about come on, y'all, y'all tell the truth about everything. So don't do that with the Jets. Y'all know what's going on in New York right now.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 4: Now, the owner and the quarterback, whatever kind of cool they thought they could pull off and if that was gonna change things, it's not.
Speaker 2: They can't. They cannot trick football. It's the it's the owner.
Speaker 3: Because even before Aaron Rodgers got there, the Jets were messy in different ways and stuff.
Speaker 2: They're just still message out.
Speaker 4: Did you ever feel like they were building like before Aaron Rodgers, that they were building to a point they got the b y U quarterback, Yeah, Zach Wilson, I mean you just felt like they were just a couple of pieces away and then all of a sudden, I mean, the ebb and flows of that, that organization. I mean, look, I got troubles.
Speaker 2: With my own I'm trying to keep my own house him out of the stuff. Yesterday though, yes, three quarters three quarter.
Speaker 5: At first, I was like, man, I don't know, it feels looking like it was a bad mistake by Timling.
Speaker 2: But russ Man he at least gave those receivers an opportunity. And that's all you can do.
Speaker 4: And you saw the difference when you have an actual quarterback that can make the throws. And Russ could still whatever. He's still having that peace shooter. He can still there. But then once he realized that we're in zone, like he just you can't tell him what you're in. So then he started picking them apart on the outside and for a wide receiver like pickings.
Speaker 2: You look, that's all he needed. That's all he needed, was like Russ, I'm glad he kept it chill on theo. You heard him on the posts. I thought he was gonna go in, but all like you know what, good for pickets? He kept it. They said it up, brother, don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it, don't do it. You got out of it.
Speaker 3: They gave him the microphone, like w W. He can cut a promo real quick. He could have cut a promo real but but it wasn't the thing to do. And once again you marvel at how Mike Tomlin just finds ways to get it done.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 3: He's a Hall of Fame coach. When you start talking about people and you look at who goes into the Hall of Fame. What Mike Tomlin is doing in Pittsburgh is good because neither of these quarterbacks were wanted by anyone.
Speaker 2: They just weren't.
Speaker 3: They take them, take them their organizations like we're good. The Bears are like, yeah, we're done. We're gonna go take Taylor Williams, Sean Payton, embarrassed Russ and take him go. And so here's I'm winning with those guys.
Speaker 4: And I guess I don't know about you, guys. We've gott an opportunity to watch so much football over the weekend. Just guys not calling dumb football. They they just don't be a dumb coach. And so many of the upper echelon teams, I promise you when it gets to the playoffs, they're gonna give you an opportunity cuts you out. A dumb coach. They just make dumb decisions. And Tomlin doesn't do anything to beat his team. He tries to play it all close to his vest. And I laughed yesterday when they got down into the red zone although they didn't get any points.
Speaker 2: He looked over at Arthur Smith.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he said, but he said something to Arthur Smith like, don't call no dumb right about now.
Speaker 2: And speaking of you know, kind of dumb stuff.
Speaker 5: I know he's supposed to be this genius offensive guy, but if you look over at the team were about to play against you in San Francisco, I mean he got a little bit of that Rodgerson and when he's you know, it ain't my bo Steve Wilks.
Speaker 3: Is this the person he got a little bit of that. I'm just saying, I don't know. We'll see, though the regression of the mean takes place. You can only do so much winning, especially when you don't have Patrick Mahomes and it comes your way. They're playing a first place schedule. Now, people forget Super Bowl losers usually have a tough time making the playoff, so and now now they're facing injuries as well. So the Cowboys are going to go into this game on Sunday against the forty nine ers with an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Can they take advantage? Though, Louie, that that's the question.
Speaker 4: Well, look, okay, so let's let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Trying to bet on You've bet on Masie and friends. Upfront.
Speaker 4: We learn that here's what I see Honestly, when you talk about Kansas City and San Francisco, I just think that that is his arch nemesis. And he falls apart when he's when and when Andy Reids across from him, he falls apart. If you've ever had the Archie nemicis is in life.
Speaker 2: That's his. That is his.
Speaker 4: That dude has his number and there's nothing he can do about it. I mean, he may be able to coach against everybody else. And just two weeks ago, everybody go to the Shanahan School, go to the shed. No, Andy Reid got his number, and Andy Reid has a defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: That boy.
Speaker 4: I'm just it's as much credit as they give that offense. And Mahomes is absolutely amazing. He can play whatever speed you want to. You want to give you four hundred, I give you four hundred. I can give you one hundred and fifty. It's still make you look bad. But that defense man, they're playing to a whole another level. You guys talk about that complementary front and back style of football. When you got a guy like number ninety five on the game record, Hey man, wherever he from them people eat off the land.
Speaker 2: They eat off the land.
Speaker 4: Well, because that's a big old brother and he is disruptive and it makes so much so many things behind him, you know, easy and teams people always say, well, teams don't just need one guy.
Speaker 2: I'll be damned give me one of those.
Speaker 4: If I had one of those, that could cover up a lot of the awards that we got because they got one.
Speaker 2: On every level.
Speaker 5: You're talking about Chris Jones defensive line. You look at the lineback and court, this got Bolton, Yes, sir, he can play.
Speaker 2: He is a player out there. You know, he ain't the big time name, but he is a player.
Speaker 5: And then in the secondary you got probably one of the top three corners the National Football League.
Speaker 2: You talk about McDuffie on the outside, great safety in reed. So now do the Cowboys? Yeah, com much down.
Speaker 4: I mean, but we talked about come on, man, we talk about the elite of the league. This is right now. You would say that's the most dominant team in the NFL right now, and there are not a lot of teams that you could say that about. I mean, the parody in the NFL is at all time high because you don't know what the heck's gonna go on week the week week, the week.
Speaker 3: Well, you talk about the Chiefs being the forty nine ers nemesis, we can say that right now, this house Cowboys, this is the forty nine.
Speaker 2: Ers, and so two weeks to get ready. Mike has a good record off by weeks, but he come good.
Speaker 4: Putting it out there, yeah, putting it out there, Okay, put it out there.
Speaker 2: He got his number, you know, and Shanahan.
Speaker 4: Shanahan has something on Mike and it may go back all the way to Green Bay days. I don't I don't understand it. But it's that running game. I think the running game and the way that he takes up time of possession. He puts he puts him in a blender. He makes Mike frustrated and come away from his game plan. For me, Coach Zimmer, this is all this game is really about Zimmer and his defense because if they can't get any stops, if the forty nine ers do run the ball between thirty five to forty times, it's a wrap and you're back in the same place again. Regardless of injuries. No, I mean, everybody at this point is dealing with injuries. But this the embarrassment for me.
Speaker 3: I think it's nothing to Zimmer, they from an offensive standpoint, they have to run the football to keep the defense off the field, because indeed, and you just look at the losses then the losses and three losses have been bad. Defense is just living out there for over thirty minutes and they're just not good enough to be out on the field football field that long. And then from the red zone standpoint, I mean, that's I mean, you know, you're looking at one of the worst red zone offensive journeys in the game. And then the turnover battle giving the ball away. So there's defensively, you're correct, they've got issues there.
Speaker 2: But my gossh the offense ain't.
Speaker 3: Ain't you got to help them a little bit, the quarterback and wide receiver. I mean, you know, they could come together, you know, get on the same page of it, act like they might like each other, act like they've seen each other a couple times.
Speaker 2: But going into this year, that's fact, you know what, That's true.
Speaker 5: When you look at this offensive line, you know, well, it's young, it's a young offense of line.
Speaker 2: But going I didn't think.
Speaker 5: We would see the struggles of a Zach Martin at that right guard position. I didn't think we would see the struggles of a Terrence Steele on the right side. You know, I know Zach Martin's getting up there in the age's a lot of football, but you know, I don't want to say the drop off was, you know, unbelievable, but it's it's kind of a roller coaster right now, and it's it's not him exactly.
Speaker 2: It's not him.
Speaker 5: So that that to me is kind of the the alarming part because you're thinking, Okay, I got I got this right side. We thought the struggles was going to be on the left with with Goton bet on it. Now it's like where do you go your two best offensive linemen right now? Tyler Smith all pro, the Connor Bebe is holding it down in the middle. So it's he's performing better than you know.
Speaker 3: On the break they talked about some of the issues that he's had and then people have film on him. So so there's it's challenges all the way. Which two rookies you got, You're gonna have it. You didn't expect the right side to play poor.
Speaker 2: They've they've been well.
Speaker 4: They talking about the twists and stunt I didn't see the break the twists and stunts and I think for any NFL offensive lineman, you're gonna struggle with that, especially depending on conference that you come from.
Speaker 2: You saw the.
Speaker 4: University of Texas and against Georgia what they struggled with. I mean, it's a different it's a different ballgame when you get to this level.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying what you deal with is in front of you, and I think I trust now what you were saying about BB that he is if I'm just we're giving everybody percentages. His percentages better than the previous guys that you just named, and I wouldn't have guessed that. I wouldn't have guessed that either. But I mean, right now, Still is just having some breakdowns. Scouy's having some breakdowns. Guidon is documented his breakdowns. But guys, you know, and being a broadcaster, as I'm broadcasting games, you tend to fall in love with certain words because you can see the hunt the same thing a hundred times and you can't describe it the same way over and over again. But time on task is one of the words, one of my comfort words. It's my Yeah, you know, it's time on task. It sounds so good, but I can't say it a hundred times. And that's what I have a problem with right now with DAK and CD. These guys have too much time on task to make these kind of mistakes. And when Troy Aikman calls you out on running and you know Troy ain't doing it because he's trying to give you a hot take or you know, put you down, it's just what he's seeing. It's just how you call out guys and talk about what you see on film.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have this dog.
Speaker 4: You guys have been together too long not to have that connection at this point.
Speaker 3: So you're saying you're not buying the we didn't have training him together anymore storyline.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's that's already proven itself to be a lie. You can tell me what they but you're showing me a whole nother thing when I turn the tape on.
Speaker 3: It's not pretty, guys, It is not pretty. It is not pretty, all right? Coming out of the bye week?
Speaker 2: Up next?
Speaker 3: What's one thing you need to see from this football team? It's one thing you need to see football team coming out of the buy yeah, new scrugs. This is a player's opites by aristocrat gaming right here, on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 6: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 8: Pruscott Kitts slide for the first down.
Speaker 7: Invest like your icons where everyone is a Rookieancrypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 8: Bro, My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 6: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys take on the forty nine Ers in Santa Clara on Sunday, October twenty seven, So we're hosting another free watch party presented by seven to eleven. Join us at Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium to watch the game with Cowboy Nation Q Thunderstruck because the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are performing and Rowley will be there too watch the game.
Speaker 2: Grab a slurpy and cheer loud.
Speaker 4: Get your tickets at Dallascowboys dot com Slash Watch Party.
Speaker 3: Hackma Harrison appreciate you very much. Got Barry Church in here. I'm Mary Scruggs.
Speaker 2: This show is.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming called the Player's Lounge. All right, what's one thing you need to see this week?
Speaker 2: Hack? My famous football team coming off.
Speaker 4: The by You know what, I would pray for one technique, but you know, look, that's that's a whole nother prayer. I'm gonna pray for this running game to improve. It has to. That's that's horrible, the effort that we're getting. And I think we knew the signs were gonna be there, but to this extent, I don't know that I thought we would be struggling like this just to be able to run the ball and move the chains keep any balance with our offense. We have got to find a way to establish the running game. It is impaired. If we don't, this season is gonna get worse. With the opposition that the first play schedule that we're playing, the defenses that we're gonna see, and like you just said, man Or, you said that the offense has to do the defense of favor by at least establishing the run and at least eating up some of that time of possession and scoring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for me, I just got to see two thams from this offense. One, you got to be better in the red zone. I mean, they're thirtieth right now in the league in the red zone. And I know, you know, Aubrey's an unbelievable kicker.
Speaker 2: He's doing his thing out there.
Speaker 5: But when you get to the reds on you gotta cash in against these teams, these playoff teams, three points at a time, it's just just not gonna win.
Speaker 2: It's just not gonna be successful.
Speaker 5: Not only are you, you know, kicking field goal, but you're turning the football over in the red zone. I mean, that's something that this team didn't do all last season they were able to capitalize on that. So they've got to get better in the red zone if they want to start winning some of these games and alleviate some of the pressure that this defense has back there right now, and also what kind of deals with it.
Speaker 3: You gotta be better on third down. You know, last game you were three or thirteen on the money down.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's because you're not winning first and second down, or the third downs is too long, whatever the case may be, there's too much pressure, whatever.
Speaker 2: The case may be.
Speaker 5: You gotta start winning on these third downs, and you gotta be better in the red zone or else. I mean, this defense is just going to continue to be on the field for long stretches of time, and right now we see that.
Speaker 2: You know that can't be. That's not winning football. That's not the recipe for success.
Speaker 3: I'll piggyback on what you said, because this defense was built to rush the passer, and they simply can't rush the passer because they're honey leads and we don't have the leads because you're sitting around here kicking field goals.
Speaker 2: You know, you're sitting here with nine points instead of twenty one.
Speaker 3: It's just a different football game of this Cowboys team. You hope Michael Parsons can come back this week. Saw him at the fair last week. He seemed to be seem to be walking around just fine. He was there with his daughter. We're watching a donkey being born. What yeahwist Wow. There was a whole bunch of livestock in there. So you got goats running around, he got kangaroosnys being over there. There was all kinds of stuff and right there it was a donkey and I got some video, sure, a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: That's all good, pop out.
Speaker 3: I left, go ahead and get this done.
Speaker 2: We're all trust you.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, So but the fair, that's that's apparently that's a thing where you know, you can watch livestock be born right there at the fair.
Speaker 2: So so we were standing around watching it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Michael, but he's he's he's he's got to come back.
Speaker 2: But they've they've got to.
Speaker 3: This is an offensive team, Okay, the bulk of your money's being spent on the offense. So the offense needs to come through out here Santa Clara, California, and we talk about the red zone, the quarterback and the wide receiver who just.
Speaker 2: Got big fat paychecks.
Speaker 3: Need to start a connection, you know something, act like you like each other, know each other, Hey, I know you.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is what we do on going to the end zone.
Speaker 3: And as somebody said on The Players Lounge Show, when you guys weren't in last week, may want to fight for the football, may want to help protect quarterback.
Speaker 2: What do you get from that?
Speaker 3: Like when you when you see him out there, you know the balls in it, and it might not be a perfectly thrown pass, but you know, sometimes see if they gonna get in there at least to pretend to be a defender back the ball down show something.
Speaker 2: It's like when the balls interccepted. It's just one of these again.
Speaker 4: Man protect quarterbacks saying what I shouldn't have to ask guys to do is care.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have to ask you to care.
Speaker 4: You know I should and and have the just the effort to knock this pass down. Give us a fighting chance to at least get points. You know, we're in the red zone. We can't afford to have a We can't afford to have an interception right now, whether it's a great defensive.
Speaker 2: Player or not. We cannot contend fight for it.
Speaker 4: And that's the one thing that you cannot forgive this team for is effort and fight. If you don't have any of that, you just come on dollars. It's just going to continue to go on.
Speaker 2: Then, Like when you talk about the effort of a team to fight.
Speaker 5: The want two of a group of men out there, who does that fall off? I love when you ask rhetorical questions because y'all know, because y'all y'all know, because there's no.
Speaker 3: K more to blame in this situation. So where do we go? You know, Offensively, it's been staggnant. You talked about the effort to fight that this team needs to have, and we just haven't seen it. The offense is just it's right now, it's lacking creativity. There's no balance, it's forty five passes, it's that arms as Dak's shoulders and if he ain't on point, it's a bus right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know where you go with it. Right now?
Speaker 5: When you talk about offensively, defensively, you got a lot of people injured. Are you playing with a lot of guys that are usually hitting you for fifteen and eighteen reps.
Speaker 2: They got to play the entire game right now.
Speaker 5: So defensively, I'm not saying that's an excuse, but right now it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Yes, guys in the room, I mean, whether you fire McCarthy and bringing another coach next year, I mean, we're going to see a CD Lamb and we're going to see a Dak Prestoll here, We're going to see a Michael Parson. So the guys in the room have to take some ownership in this. I would talk frequently with Rodney Harrison about how things ran in New England and they talked about that room, like, yeah, Bill's gonna do this and that, but we have to make each other accountable. Now they're sitting around here, he and Teddy Bruski is sitting around here watching the young ones coming. Oh bag McDonald's again. I mean they're checking guys. They're taking the ownership of it. So the coaches will do there, but you you have to be able to look at it. I gotta be able to know, uh, yeah, Barry gonna say something, or we're gonna look at me with the side eye. That's that's the pressure, is what we put on each other. Kind of like when you was growing up, there was just certain stuff you didn't do because you knew. Yeah, I wanna hear my dad, so to me, that's fact. You know so so just like that, so same thing. But it's a good team. Hey man, I don't want to hear from him. I don't want them looking at me that way. Coaches gonna do whatever they do. But in the room, just the kind of accountability. I remember talking to Terryce nuwe we had this ab injury one you I'm like, dude, why are you out here? Why don't you say something. I'm not saying anything to the media. I want to use an excuse, and I got guys in the room. I need to play. There's other dudes who are playing hurt too. I can go out here and play. I ain't gonna be ninety percent, but I'm gonna go do my part. That's why I say, in my opinion, this has to go to the room ultimately.
Speaker 4: Right now, well, I mean bear to me, and you've been in locker rooms and you know exactly what I'm saying when I say, when the hardest workers on your team are your leaders, it makes everything easier. Guys have no excuse if if I see if Barries the best we got out here, and he's working twice as hard as the guy that is, you know, just got here undrafted free agent, and we all know you got your money.
Speaker 2: You have no excuses, That's true, you know.
Speaker 4: And when the young guys are seeing the millionaires, the guys that are bringing in all the fat, are, you know, fighting amongst each other whatever drama they got going on, like, it's silly to me. It doesn't that doesn't make any sense. But just talking football, all right, and less the drama is this team is beat up, all right, The team is beat up. Detroit didn't punt. No, Detroit didn't punt. So what that says is we can't. We have to be perfect in every way offensively and what offense is perfect every Sunday.
Speaker 2: And that's what we're asking dak to do. When he's coming back.
Speaker 4: Hey, punt, team ready, they come out, they punt, They come back any down by fourteen just like that if they don't take the awesome you know what I mean, It's like, that's how teams are scoring and scoring at will. And so by the time you get down by fourteen second quarter, you're coming out. You gotta put points on the board before half and then oh, by the way, they score again.
Speaker 5: It's real and it's gonna be embarrassing, and it's gotta be embarrassing, you know for this team to go.
Speaker 2: I mean, we look at that Detroit gay. I hate to keep bringing it up, but these dudes were throwing hooking laterals with the left tackle. The left tackle was catching the ball trying to jump into the indsole like the faith to a tackle that Detroit drives charge touchdown. You bringing up all the stuff. Hour was over. I had a hot down in the game. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: The day off, I compared it on the show I was on to when uh when they put the horse head in his bed and the other guy fire man, I think that's what the That's what Dad Campbell came in here did. They used to be honor amongst thieves. Brother Like, it got to a point where coaches would say, we ain't gonna do you like this.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, We're gonna need marrish.
Speaker 4: He tried, he tried to smash on them, And to me, that's like I saw yesterday in the Kansas City game.
Speaker 2: Did you see Trent Williams getting getting to that fight.
Speaker 4: Okay, it was minor, all right, But to me, that's Trent will You spent sending the message to the rest of these guys like we're getting our head busts right now. Y'all don't have no fight whatsoever. We're getting this done to us at home. I'm gonna get ejected up out of here. Charles Oakley used to do it all the time. Xavier McDaniel. Guys back in the seventies, basketball players, they would getting they would get into a fight. We getting bleu out, somebody getting knocked out, laying here out here. Yeah, you gotta have some fight or else everybody's gonna continue to run over you like that. And we had literally had no fight. I was like, looking like I Bett, nobody get a jersey sign.
Speaker 2: You better not have more sign jersey.
Speaker 4: If you.
Speaker 2: Beat there like that. No, man, we can't be friends after that though, talk to me later. That was bad man.
Speaker 3: Then on the ball possession chart, when they said, you know how Detroit got the ball during the game, first possession got on kickoff, then ball obtained interception, punt punt downs, kickoff, kickoff, kickoff, fumble, interception, interception fumble. Meanwhile, for the Cowboys, how they obtained the ball kickoff, kick kickoff, kickoff, kickoff, kickoff, kickoff, kickoff, kickoff, kickoff, kickoff.
Speaker 2: Downs, that's that's nasty word. That's that's you getting handed to you. But I will go back and re re say this again.
Speaker 3: This is a football team that I would not be surprised if they're playing on Super Sunday Detroit.
Speaker 2: No, that's a good football team if we look around right now in the NFC, come on there, come on man, I'm sour, all right, and I'm sure that's what that's what that last they took that whooping stick to you. Look at what they did in Minnesota yesterday.
Speaker 4: And this I'm telling you, Dan Campbell, Dan Campbell that it is a good football team. But Dan Campbell will get in the way. Just just want my words, just want he will make a decision that you're hoping. That's what I'm hoping. I'm so mad at Detroit right now. I don't want to see nothing from Detroit. But Minnesota, Minnesota went up there and got a little taste. I mean, so you know, look at that. I mean they came out and Aaron Jones.
Speaker 2: Ran right in zone. So it looked like, oh, look, okay in Minnesota, we're coming to go.
Speaker 3: But Detroit, Man, that's that's a good football team because they play. They they're good upfrontrop into lean defensively, a good upfront. They the offensive line protects the quarterback.
Speaker 2: They have a run game.
Speaker 3: Aaron Gunn is really doing a nice job defensively. And this is without Ivory lt They they've got to go make a change since you got to make some type of trade to help out the defense age and.
Speaker 4: That's and that's another big problem for them, you know, missing him I think. I mean you talk about what he did for them as far as the defense, like everything ran off of the pressure that he was providing. Without it, I mean, where does it come from? Because he playing a lot of man on the backside, and that could be a problem. I mean, either way it goes, could be a problem for them. But right now, not right now, they good.
Speaker 3: I would imagine the team that goes to the Super Bowl from the NFC is going to be a North team the way the.
Speaker 2: Way they early on right now, be it the Detroit or Green Bay, Minnesota up there, I mean they loaded. I don't believe in Sam Donald though.
Speaker 3: But I'm with you one hundred and and with Hutchinson being gone, it helps the Packers a little bit.
Speaker 2: But I just look at it right now. I mean, I don't think anybody from the East is going to do it.
Speaker 3: And clearly we see a lot of awards out of the West, and right now, I look up and I say, Okay, yeah, the old NFC Norse Division, they're tough.
Speaker 4: But y'all know how to playoffs? Are y'all know how to playoffs? It's true playoff football as a whole another beast. And you come out of that first week by if Detroit gets the one seat, because that's probably that's what they're looking like right now. There could there could still be some trouble out there for him, all about who's hot.
Speaker 3: You spend two weeks and you know, you get you get a week off and people blowing you up, making me feel good, and you know, people start talking Super Bowl around you.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you can eat the cheese. I was about that. I was a part of that twenty sixteen finish this fight. They finished number one seed. Aaron did yoll but man, yeah, just wasn't ready. Was ready?
Speaker 5: Then wild card went all the way to the championship. So it's man, it's gotta get out the right time.
Speaker 2: Bring old stuff. Man that hurt he dine hurt yourself, head coach, Did you all right?
Speaker 7: Ma?
Speaker 3: Harrison Barry Church, I'm new he scruggs more of the players last next right Boys dot Com quiz.
Speaker 2: Hey, Danny McCrae. Here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 9: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new Coconuts smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church. Here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 2: But with that Texas heat it's.
Speaker 10: Crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colster Cane cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer on Boss.
Speaker 8: Raisin Kane presents the Other Rules of Football. Rule one. Any broadcast without the express edition of cook to or order canes Chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkle cut fries, texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Caines rules raising canes, chicken fingers one love, go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Hey, parents, get ready for a spectacular time at Little Stars, presented by NOONA on Wednesday, October thirtieth. This free Halloween themed event is perfect for your little pumpkins age five and under. Join us from ten am to twelve pm for fun activities, silly games, and lots of treats. Visit Star District dot com for more information.
Speaker 3: All right, heck Maharrison appreciates you. This is Players Lands, brought to you by Aristocrat Game. Got buried Bury Churchy did Tledo win this week?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I believe they beat Northern I believe I looked that up though annoying, no rolling, I mean they didn't.
Speaker 3: They smacked up on and I was brother to few weeks off like the same we one day half party and we were.
Speaker 4: Coming's been no parading he's been no parading. See what it's able to make you laugh or make you cry. You see what happened to them? You can't about shooting your water.
Speaker 2: That was exactly what it was.
Speaker 4: They got that dubble you heard from Ala coming Now Alva Kamara is talking about letting me up out of here.
Speaker 2: Whatever happened.
Speaker 3: I thought Unclemara was back and I got the whole There's there's some kind of stack where they talk about what Dennis Allen's record is against winning teams.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's bad. It's they're like fire this man. I mean it is.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you man, same fan seen fan went from your social media paid the talking big noise to now you can't find them.
Speaker 12: Man, My goodness, Rookie, it's at terrible yeah man, yeah so brother, good luck to them.
Speaker 3: So this week we could see the return of Michael Parsons, which would be good for the Cowboys. Could see the return of run cmc for the forty nine ers, some guys that obviously need to get back, who are key integral parts of what's going on here.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to be really interested to see how this game goes.
Speaker 3: Because McCarthy is good after a bye week and just do you have some personal pride at this.
Speaker 5: Point in time, like you just got to just say, you gotta have some fight and hopefully I don't know what the word is on Bland, but hopefully he's able to come in here, because I have to feel like you gotta. If you got blanded there and he's able to return to even seventy five percent of what he was last year, you got three corners that can lock up.
Speaker 2: You got did you got bland? Jaylu to me, has been playing unbelievable ball in that slot.
Speaker 5: You gotta lock up on the outside and enough with this too highness. You gotta bring a safety down in the box. You gotta have more than they can block. You gotta stop the run. That's that's that's gotta be the key in this situation. You gotta lock up on the outside, bring them guys in the box and focus it be in on this run. You gotta force brock Perry to go out there and beat you with you arm. If he's able to go out there and throw for three seventy and four tubs, and that you got tip the hat a.
Speaker 2: You played in them a game. You did your game, But if you go out there and you let.
Speaker 5: This team get extra balanced on you let it's not fare so which my man's running back for the forty nine.
Speaker 2: Ers, now Mason there.
Speaker 5: You go ahead, and Mason go out there and run for over one hundred yards and Brock Perry is able to sprinkle in two and some change in a couple of touchdowns, it's gonna be a blowout. You gotta make this team be one dimensional, and I feel like the key to that is you gotta lock up on the outside. No Iu, who knows what Deebo Samuel's gonna look like out there. You gotta be able to lock up Kittle. But if you're able to do that, you gotta force it on Brock pretty shoulders. Cause we just saw his last game against Kansas City Chiefs. You know they have a great defense. The man was out there throwing some picks, man, and they were bad. It wasn't like they was tipped up. They were some bad inner cover all right. And if you're able to get the bazooka back and he's able to get some pressure in there, this is.
Speaker 2: A winnable game. This is a winnable game for the Dolls boys.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go back to something you said a long time ago, barry about.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I got to deal with.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: That's not what go back to what you said about Eric Kendricks.
Speaker 4: When we first had Eric Kendricks, you were one of the main people saying, look, I think it's quality, uh get but how durability? He's gonna miss some games. And we saw that first game that we missed. He missed that green dots situation was was bad and getting lined up, getting everything, all of those things started to play a part and the Cowboys defensively come and unravel. And obviously having Michaeh back, I think it will help, But how is theim gonna use Micah? Because I think Micah is gonna be compromised in some way too within the high ankle spring. Nobody's come back from a high ankle spring, So what is that even going to look like? Defensively? We just have to figure out a way to get our linebackers in better space. Damon Clark, for whatever he is or whatever he isn't, we got to find some ways to use this guy, okay in those rundowns. If he can be effective for us, we just need we need extra help said, we need extra help, all right, we need extra bodies to throw at this problem because being short Kneeland, being short Williams, Sam Williams, I think those those injuries and even tank and you're starting to see like those injuries, I think this running game has no shot whatsoever. But if you don't have a leader in there like Eric Kendricks, I just think I just saw this defense fall completely apart in the second half, and whether Trayvon Diggs knew it or not, we had no no shot, no chance. His effort was one of the ones that you just you go and look, man, it is. It's hard to do anything when your main guy, When your main guy is playing like that.
Speaker 2: That's bad.
Speaker 3: By the way, the sheet of integrity after the bye week, heckne you had the Cowboys four and two. I had the Cowboys three and three.
Speaker 2: Church you had him two and four. Somewhere in there's the truth, and one of the truth is in there. What who who did we have? Don't even tell me who do we have? Who did you pick San Francisco? We all did, we all did. This is a game that I might even sweep.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: Now this is no.
Speaker 3: Only time you had the Cowboys at back to back losses, noses.
Speaker 2: And the night in this this is a winnerful game game Church two and four at this point I had him three and three. Heck, you had them four and two.
Speaker 3: So but in the two losses, you had the Ravens and the Lions, and you were correct on right.
Speaker 4: There, you're right there, man, I missed. I missed Baltimore for sure. Man, No, no, and Ravens.
Speaker 3: That we all had Baltimore losing on the sheetd integery. Okay, we all had Baltimore losing there. Oh my god, she integrity.
Speaker 2: You were there, you were, you were, you were, you were right there, were all right there.
Speaker 3: And then you had him losing. We all had him losing to Detroit, and we all had them losing to the forty nine ers. Yeah, we all had him beating Atlanta the week after the forty nine game. And we all have them beating the the Eagles. Now we all have them, we all have them losing on the eighth. That Giants game changed your mind.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, that's back to the man. What Danny dives is not scored to touchdown at home?
Speaker 2: You gotta be in a game. Blue Drew lock up in that mother.
Speaker 4: Now, the NFC is just it's an interesting place to be because I'm you know, you guys, a lot of people hire on the higher on the commanders than I was.
Speaker 2: But that defense dan Quinn got them. That's a that's another level.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: In the playoffs. Talk about depth. Yeah, without the shut up you.
Speaker 3: Man, it's a good way to end this with in this with Arry being messy, thank you, heck Ma Harrison, thank you, let me respect. Thanks to Christine Jazz Josh, the messy players aristocrats. Oh, we need to pick games tonight, right, we got money a football, give me a we got money football here?
Speaker 2: We got two games? We got two games here, two games. It's hilarious, man, two games. Two games are two games?
Speaker 5: Got charges and the Cardinals and Baltimore versus the Bank Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, so which one is? Like, isn't one exclusively on? Yes plus out West? That's the Cardinals? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you put the Cardinals on something like that? Do you really want to watch? Yeah? Who you going with? Okay? So playing what's the line? Baltimore?
Speaker 4: It is in Tampa Raymond James. Basically they've been playing Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Tampa Bay to for two teams me Baltimore to win twenty four.
Speaker 3: YEP, twenty four, nineteen twenty four, nineteen twenty four, nineteen, give me Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Hey know I'm going body more murder Land with your wire watching. Hey, I'm gonna go. H I think look, I'm gonna go seventeen seventeen fourteen, Yeah, give me give me a King Henry and them Boys thirty one, twenty four.
Speaker 2: Man, it's the good one. Now, that's the good one. You know I'm rocking with. We heard you're going to Herb. Give me Herb, me Herb.
Speaker 5: They're playing in Arizona. Give me hurbing them charges just man, okay, I'm hearving them. It's gonna be twenty to seventeen. You picked the Jets to last night too, did yeah?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Se hey man, listen, man, when we when we do our pics, don't send us some dudes article man to go look up your picks.
Speaker 2: Man, who you think you are? Where do you think we're gonna let it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This my picksf what I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: This is group this group chat talk right now. You get Chargers to win tonight. The Chargers to win tonight in a close football game.
Speaker 2: Everybody go over for the Chargers.
Speaker 3: For twenty You're going with the call of duty, you know, just how she said, King, I'm going with the charge.
Speaker 2: To the lollipop kids today.
Speaker 9: Now give me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. You gotta score for him.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, I'm gonna go twenty four. Let's go twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 2: That's what I did. That's what I did. All right, all right, man, anyway you want to pick I?
Speaker 3: Since you picks Man's now, I knew he strikes you playing goodness that.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 9: N