Speaker 1: Nollian, No, doctor, we are back.
Speaker 2: And that's a fact. Seventy degrees. If you're not in a good mood in New York.
Speaker 3: City, listen, they're throwing out, but it's on the paxel. They're throwing out, and you know, you know who they are. I don't know who they is, My love legs.
Speaker 1: The soft legs is throwing out. They throwing out. You're the knees out to their.
Speaker 4: No our fully covered pants. Okay, yeah, oh it was Ramadan. I'm doing a little lot.
Speaker 2: Yes, seventy five and.
Speaker 1: And ice cream Man is back, that is true. Seen mister Softy uptown yesterday. Pause, mister Softy uptown. That might be a poll. That's a Paul. It might be a Poe. That's a legitimate.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, how how do we say we say Pauls, mister softy.
Speaker 4: You could say Pauls mister softy, or you could just say the ice cream man, like we all assume it's mister Softy, Like we don't need you to put a name.
Speaker 1: The ice creaman is back out, unless you're calling Drake that. Then I'm saying, Pauls.
Speaker 5: Where has name even come from?
Speaker 1: Iceman ice Cream man. Nah, like, nah, just leave him, just leave him alone, let him do what he's doing.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to get over. I'm calling him the boy Poppy. I'm definitely not moving over on to ice cream.
Speaker 1: No, no, just Drake. Nobody asked for Drake's name right there.
Speaker 3: Cut it out, just put a beep. But yes, the ice cream.
Speaker 1: Man is back. That means baby d times upon us is around the corner.
Speaker 5: New Yorkers do this every year. It's around the corner and then March come and whoop that ad.
Speaker 1: That is a fact. No, it's gonna be thirty eight Friday.
Speaker 2: I just want yeah, yeah, March places with it's gonna be thirty years because if this was seven years ago, we would have been a blockheads and nastiness.
Speaker 3: So somebody last night with Shortz, and I was just looking at him like fam not yet, not yet, Like come on, shorts, No.
Speaker 2: I was uptown last night. It looks like Harlem summer in there.
Speaker 1: Shorts. People had three buttons down. Yeah, come on, come on, yeah, y'all doing too much. Y'all gonna be sick, coughing pneumonia next week this time. Like see, just relax, relax, put the heavy heavy.
Speaker 3: You could put the heavy, heavy, heavy coats away, but don't put the light little jackets.
Speaker 1: Don't. Don't put the jackets away yet, keep the jackets in the glove.
Speaker 2: If you can hear, I am congested. That is because we went from thirty degree blizzard to seventy degrees within one week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my body can't handle that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Just get you some ginger. Get you ginger, my body ginger. Yeah. I mean, eat your own people today and you'll be just fine.
Speaker 2: Not cannibalism, Yeah, I guess the not a pose. No, that's not a I actually went outside and did something this weekend.
Speaker 5: I saw Mitch story.
Speaker 1: What did you do Rory yesterday? Yesterday?
Speaker 2: I was, I was. I was kind of outside yesterday. It was it was a nice day. Stopped by Marlin, had a video shoot stop by there first. Then I went to c J and Tiana, who are are biggiest kids. They had a taste testing for the restaurant that they're opening called Big Papa's Maya, which was incredible. The food, I'm not just just saying this. The food was incredible West Indian. The steak was great, jerk wings were incredible, curry chicken, was great.
Speaker 1: It was a good time. It was a good time.
Speaker 2: All of Junior Mafia was there, even Kim was there, Like it was it was cool to just see everyone get together for biggest Kids. And I hope they opened the restaurant soon. So it was it was a good time. It was a good good hang.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Sea's was in there, Ship the lockscept everyone was there. It was it was a really good time.
Speaker 1: That was dope, man.
Speaker 5: So what Mitch story. Mitch's story?
Speaker 1: Oh well, once I left.
Speaker 2: I mean because Junior ma he is probably the only adults that can out drink me. Like I told you guys on the Rock, the Bells Cruise, I couldn't keep up with Jada kissing little Seas and I can drink for real, for real, I can't drink till six ams so the sun comes up. Yeah, that's just not like Neil could still out drink a thirty five year old man in his prime of drinking. So I had a little little the juice in me. So I was like, let me go uptown to Shark Bar, go see Mitch and Major, And boy did all the steam leave me once I got in there. I can't I can't hang whole car ride.
Speaker 1: I'm pumped. I'm like, Yo, on my way you called me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Sam, I'm in the house, like I'm not going nowhere on a Sunday night, Like I'm chilling. They was in there though. Shock Bars is dope. Shout out to shock Ball, shoutut to Mitch. If you know in hallm on Sundays, go to the shock Ball, Shout out Mitch till her we sent you.
Speaker 5: Tell her we sent you. Go uptown. Tell him that I sent.
Speaker 1: You on town to hall them. Tell Mitch I sent you. And Mitch is a hustler.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, Yo, it's coworkers friends, Like, of course I'm there to pay.
Speaker 1: I'm never somebody that shows up somewhere to support.
Speaker 3: Payn't like when you say that, yeah, because you don't got to say that.
Speaker 2: No, but there's a lot of people that assume when they go to their friend's spot. Yeah them, I've never been that person.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I paid for the Russell's album. It's on DSPs. I support. I'm a supporter of my friends. Miss ain't given give a little friend discount somebody and I tipped her on cash.
Speaker 1: God damn, hey that hey that you know in my podcast. I like that though.
Speaker 3: I like going to see my friends at work and like, yeah, I'm one of those people like if I go to your job, like you work here, make sure I pay, Like, don't don't give me no discoun I'm gonna pay the full price.
Speaker 1: Should know it you work here.
Speaker 2: And then Mitch had had had a few on her story before I got there. She's like, where you want to sit? I was like, sitting next to the people that was on your story just because they seem to be your friends. That's that's the only that's the only reason why I wanted to say. It's like, oh they left that. I was like, that's why I came.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing worse.
Speaker 3: When you go to the party looking for the girl that's on the fly, she ain't on the fly, like ain't even here.
Speaker 1: That's like, we don't even know that girl.
Speaker 2: Like you mean you mean Rihanna's not here?
Speaker 1: Like Rihanna's not here tonight. Nah.
Speaker 2: Those used to be the funniest like club and party flyers where they just throw anything.
Speaker 3: Any pretty model just on this like yo, shorty not here, Like nah, I don't even know who that woman is.
Speaker 1: But we are Backsponsored by Boost moo unlimited talk, text and data. Absolutely did you do anything this weekend? I kept it like this weekend, I ain't do much this weekend. Man, I was chilling. I was gonna go to the movies to see, Uh, what's that movie? I said, I wanted to see it, not not Scream seven, the other movie. So I think it's another scary movie. I forgot the name of it, but I was gonna go see that. But then I was just chilled in the house and watch a few games. That was it much this weekend. When you called me, I was already like settled in for the night. I was like, get dressed and go uptown and I was like, nah, man, let me sit in the house and chill. So that's what I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't stay too long, but I rarely have time to go out, so I figured i'd go go support and hang out for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Washington a movie on Netflix, War Machine. I don't know I y'all saw that yet. War Machine good. It's a good movie. Definitely check that out on Netflix.
Speaker 1: War Machine.
Speaker 5: What is it about?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: So it's just this range this guy he's training to be a ranger Army ranger. But then like some crazy shit happens and they think that they're on like because they initially they were sent into like it was part like the last test to become a ranger, and then some crazy shit ends up happening. They think it's part of like the drilling the test. Come to find out it's like a killing machine that like crash landed on Earth.
Speaker 1: They happen to run into in the middle of the woods, and like.
Speaker 3: Now they gotta like like they're not even like real rangers yet, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So now they gotta use tactics.
Speaker 3: They got to become like rangers on the spot for real and like try to get back to the base.
Speaker 1: Like it's a good movie, though, I see Dennis quad is that it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always saying for Dennis Quady always plays a good father figure in every movie.
Speaker 1: You know, he's the general.
Speaker 3: Definitely, And Dennis Quady ain't running around doing stunts no more those those days old.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have a concern while looking at the data entire time exactly, I am caught up with Paradise.
Speaker 4: Spoiler alert, Please fast forward five minutes if you want to skip talk about Paradise and spoilers.
Speaker 2: All the way, caught up, all the way caught up. Yes, so you've been what not not including the episode that comes out today?
Speaker 1: Right last night? Last night? I didn't see that one.
Speaker 4: So you're on four. You watched up to four? Yeah, okay, you watched the first season?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny when you guys talk about Paradise. I completely forgot. I watched the first season okay, and then I went and was like, oh, they keep talk about Paradise. I was like, oh wait, I love the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't even know season two came up, but yeah, I've been season two. I was in the beginning. I was like, all right, how many flashbacks are we going to fucking do? But they're they're tying it together with all the flashbacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like what they're doing. I was a little nervous on episode one. It was like, a right, man, what are we? What are we doing?
Speaker 5: I knew.
Speaker 2: I knew Shorty was gonna get pregnant though, Yeah that was the I was like, how irresponsible would it be?
Speaker 1: The fuck?
Speaker 4: At a time like this, it's a great, great and not pull out. I feel like you should pull out fucking whatever.
Speaker 3: But at least the world lead that in there for what pulling off? For what we all about to die for? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: If I was him, I'd have left that baby with them, with them people.
Speaker 2: Listen, And I don't care spoilers, you know, pissed off I'd be if I met a stranger and then the next day they dumped a newborn baby on me, like you.
Speaker 3: Selfish, But I mean in the scheme of what was going on, it makes sense though, like everybody has to like just.
Speaker 2: Well, throwing a newborn into modern society right now, it can be a monkey wrench what they're going through and try to get to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Here's a newborn baby.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the type of man he is, Like, I don't think they would do that, like with you, because you would obviously not want that. But he even taking the baby with him, like anybody else would have drop that baby off. He like, nah, I got it, that's just the type of due he was. I don't love my baby with him too.
Speaker 1: He promised he would take the baby to the father.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because if the father wasn't going to in Colorado, I'm sure he probably would have left that baby with with the people at the house, because there's no way you're just getting on a horse with a newborn and you can't even provide know.
Speaker 1: What, we just spoiled it for everybody that has not seen it.
Speaker 4: We just we're gonna put a big spoiler or peach mark that we're gonna put a spoiler alert before we say that.
Speaker 1: All right, cool.
Speaker 2: I mean I do feel like if we put out episodes four times a week, like, just just keep up with the shows. I don't want to wait six weeks to then talk about episode four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're facing out the drops just like every once a week, so you should be caught up on Paradise by now.
Speaker 2: But either way, amazing show. And then I like the cliffhanger. Did you guys watch the episode that came out last night?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did? No, I didn't, So they left us on a little cliffhanger. Oh wait to wait to watch episode far When when Homie was like your wife's my partner, I was like, oh shit, she has a weird she has a weird range of types.
Speaker 5: That's what you're thinking about.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, she's missing this nigga, Like nah, she moved on, Like, don't.
Speaker 2: If you fucking my wife. Don't call her your partner. I've been fucking your wife though, he was going, what you want for me?
Speaker 4: That's no. He said it the right way. He said it in the most respectful way he could.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I didn't know because the cliffhanger when he was saying partner, I didn't know if he meant like that's my he was my partner, like that's.
Speaker 1: You gotta watch how you say that, but.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. It left it open and ended, and I thought because of his appearance, they were trying to make us think like, nah, she wouldn't fuck him, so that must be like that they must be the partner to save the world or something.
Speaker 5: No, you could tell that that romantically very different times.
Speaker 1: I can't say is my partner. I can't say that. There has to be context. That's a co hosts. According to the High r S, we.
Speaker 3: Are No, we're we're business associates, not.
Speaker 1: Even partners. You can't put partners in him. Tell me, I can't.
Speaker 2: Believe what are we right now? We are much more than associates associates.
Speaker 4: We're business associates with teammates.
Speaker 3: Fit we got teammates Mike and Scotty. Know we're not y'all own Steve Kurt, No.
Speaker 2: No, damn we we are whoever owned the bulls and whoever had the other fifty percent of it.
Speaker 5: Okay, y'all are business partners owners.
Speaker 1: If I'm in a rush, I'm going to say partner a See, it sounds nasty. It's something me and him.
Speaker 5: But back in the day he said my partner, my patterner.
Speaker 1: I never said that.
Speaker 5: Ya, I still says that, Yeah, my partner in them.
Speaker 2: I still said, like Three Stacks and Big Boy are partners for.
Speaker 1: Sure, exact those partners right there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, all right, well, don't spoil that because I do want to watch what I took from that that they like were working on science together, like because he put a bunch of things before, like that's my that's my people, but it's also my partner.
Speaker 1: Keep watching.
Speaker 2: It gets also every bold like when a husband comes with a gun, a newborn and a horse at sundown and you just walk out like you know, I'm fucking your wife.
Speaker 1: He didn't, like, that's not what me. But that's what y'all are saying that. That's what No, that's what you were saying that happened.
Speaker 2: I think their science lab partners. I don't think they're fucking.
Speaker 3: I think they're just people who, you know, are relying on each other. When the world was in a.
Speaker 1: Crazy space fair they were tram about it. Yeah, they needed each other to kind of make it through. That's all.
Speaker 3: But great, great show if you are not watching Paradise. I don't know what you're watching right now, but definitely the best show on TV right now.
Speaker 2: Should we stay on the TI subject, it's never going to way more, I'm sorry to say.
Speaker 4: Well, TI movies TV kind of saying it all rolls into one.
Speaker 5: It's a good segue.
Speaker 1: T I has beens. He's had his hand in all three of those length right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I think I'm gonna answer this question myself. It's kind of a vain question. Do you think the internet hates me or loves Demani?
Speaker 5: I think they love DEMONI.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just curious. Wait, why did you accep though? Because he's young? Love DEMONI this much?
Speaker 5: Is he self centered? That's why we always.
Speaker 2: Played around with a fifty ship. I have a fifty bias and that clip when when sort of viral. I did not know that like, what, what's his barbs? Because he has barbs? He doesn't unless y'all just really hate me that much. No, it's just Domaniacs, Domainiacs. Hilarious, that's definitely the Domainian get the Domaniacs.
Speaker 5: That's so lame.
Speaker 6: Demoniacs is fire walking with the domania But but Rory you hate and still like it's like it's in your heart, Like you don't even like domani No, you you keep trying to convince us of that, Like.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite a Domaniac, but I think he's a good rapper.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a domaniac. You' jacking you?
Speaker 4: Even you even asking? Does the internet just hate me? Like or do they really like DEMONI? Why can't you just understand that people disagree with you on his first disk, people disagree with you, people hate him.
Speaker 5: That's fine, but that's not what if that.
Speaker 2: Was the response, I would completely I wish we could go back to a world where we just go, you know what, we disagree on music and then we can continue.
Speaker 1: On with that world. Is that world is long gone.
Speaker 2: The Domaniacs are on some kbi ov Ho type ship right now. Like I did not expect to get the same amount of backlash just by saying it was a diet Meet the Crims.
Speaker 4: It's not just because you said it was a diet Meet the Grahams. You were very obviously hating. Like you were very obviously hating, and people called you out on.
Speaker 5: Being a hater.
Speaker 1: Why can't we just like have fun with me? But was that really?
Speaker 2: Do you think I was really the way Demani was losing sleep? Do you think I was really losing sleep?
Speaker 1: He can't, he can't.
Speaker 3: Is it hating or is it just he hated the song? I didn't hate the song, Okay, did you hate the type of song? Like the energy of the song? Like you said, diet what he was like.
Speaker 4: This is and he didn't just say this is a this is you know, it's Meet the Grahams.
Speaker 5: Ass this some diet Meet the Grahams. Bullshit is a direct quote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I said that. No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Hey, but look though, to tips on eggs shells about talking about Demani's music, I can't joke.
Speaker 5: You don't have to.
Speaker 4: Tip on eggshells. But he did a good job. He's getting eyes that he never had before. And people called you out. I'm being a hater, but you're mister pires hip hop. They always want some new We have no talent new hip hop. Ship you got got some period because there's the baby out seventy.
Speaker 2: I don't like to be misrepresented because I said twenty twenty five was one of the best years of hip hop that we had a really long time.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of amazing talent.
Speaker 2: I went through every single verse on the Radar Freestyle of the New Generation. I think there's plenty of great new hip hop right now. So please, so please, do not try to paint me as that person that thinks hip hop is in some terrible space right now. I think there's plenty of great artists, including Demani. But because I think he's talented, he should still be on the same fucking level of critique.
Speaker 5: That's fine, we critique, We just critique Bruno Mars.
Speaker 1: Now we can't critique DEMONI.
Speaker 5: Fine, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Because sorry, should we treat him special? Should we put him over here? And he's he's above by any critique. He's a body, He's above me cursing, he's above a joke. He's above me having a fifty buyers.
Speaker 5: No, it's not has nothing.
Speaker 1: It's because Demi is a neo baby.
Speaker 4: No, it's not even the nigga barely he has fans. People said, no, that's not what I said. That's not what I said. And that's what you're seeming to misconstrue. You're trying to make it out like it's his fans calling you a hater and giving him backlash. He doesn't even have a big enough fan base. These are casual fans.
Speaker 5: Let me talk.
Speaker 4: These are casual fans of hip hop that are telling you that you're hate. Peace is not a Domani fan. Peace, come here, the this is fire. Everybody agreed that the this is fire. The reason why you got so much backlash is because you were one of the only people who downplay the this A bunch of casual fans say, oh, I didn't know about Demani. This is fire. It's not just his super fans critiquing you. It's not I it's okay to be on the side of history, just saying history.
Speaker 2: There will be Russia, Ukraine, Palestine and Israel, money and Curtis Jackson, What side will you be on at the end of the day, The wrong side of what side was Lindsay Graham on the.
Speaker 1: Wrong side of history? Is crazy.
Speaker 5: That's okay to be wrong. You hate?
Speaker 2: Okay, See why can't you quote everything? Yes, I did say this is some diet meet the grams bullshit. Can you also say the other quote where I said the money could rap and this is good?
Speaker 3: He did say that. To be fair, he did said they only hit and only hit. When you say you don't like that.
Speaker 5: Means nothing coming from Rory.
Speaker 4: Because whenever Rory hates or critique something, he starts, because he doesn't want to piss everybody off, he starts with, well, let me just say that, you know, this is just my opinion and they're great, and shout out to them and I appreciate everything they do for the culture, but followed by hate every time this is my thing.
Speaker 1: Why is it considered hate? Though?
Speaker 4: Now you niggas was hating the way the way Rory came in, it was hate.
Speaker 5: Like the ray Rory came in, it was hate.
Speaker 4: And if the money was dissing anybody else, that wouldn't have been the tist he chose.
Speaker 1: All right, I do admit my bike. I promise you I got money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like and that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: He still would have tanked tops did you unit take tops?
Speaker 2: Well, first of.
Speaker 1: All, they fit very well.
Speaker 2: They're great to work out it shits was always ugly, crazy, craziest blank of all time?
Speaker 1: Where did they find that white Peter blank? Oh my god, I can't believe were talking about the MONI No.
Speaker 2: I honestly, even though I have a fifty buys, my biases really don't bleed over into this podcast the way you may think.
Speaker 1: He really could have been dissent to anyone.
Speaker 2: I would have said, this is to meet the graham Ship, and which Pedge left out of that clip. You even agreed what I said, all right, So you think when Demani and all his people came in the studio, he didn't say yo, I got him on to meet the graam shit in his space park.
Speaker 5: No, I did not agree with you.
Speaker 4: I said somebody might in the studio might have compared it, but I did not agree that he said that.
Speaker 3: Mal did I mean if meet the Grahams didn't exist? When we heard that, it's like, okay, that's hard, but meet the Grahams exist. That's the only thing that was kind of like, okay, I prefer.
Speaker 5: That over meet the Grahams.
Speaker 4: So meet the Grahams was one of my least favorite songs out of that battle.
Speaker 5: I've preferred that over me the grams.
Speaker 4: But anyway, Domani has come. Fifty cent responded right, So we lost our bet. We thought fifty cent wasn't gonna respond.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you respond or was it like a just a cool way of kind of like.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a full response.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't a full response, but he responded.
Speaker 1: He responded the way it was a bar.
Speaker 2: He responded the way fifty would reply, which is something that's going to benefit my business. Fifty rights the intros for all the Power series. He got Leon Thomas on the new Power that's about to come out, and fifty replied, you could probably tell that he wrote that, and then was like, you know what we're going to add in four bars real quick to a song that I already cut. He said, your daddy, major Mama eat every box in Atlanta. So that is a reply, and in fifty fashion, I know he's thinking his disc is going to play every week on a even service now. But I mean, we know Jamars is gonna go back to the Domani disc every day. It'll have a lot of replay value, but this will be on TV every week.
Speaker 1: It was a clever, clever way of doing it.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a full song dedicated because I think that he even posted something was it yesterday saying that I'm never you said I'm not entertaining or making no songs or some shit like that whatever fifty posted. So this was a clever way of doing it. It was a clever way, like y'all gonna power. People gonna watch it every every week, you're gonna hit it. The theme song. We know when Power first came out, that theme song, it was a Joe is a Big CHRISTI I.
Speaker 5: Think it was originally Trey.
Speaker 2: And then and then they put Tray on it. Oh that week everyone said no. The following week they put Joe back on the ship.
Speaker 3: So people know that the Power intro song is you know, everybody's gonna watch a big show.
Speaker 1: Everybody's gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: So this was a very clever way of responding but not dedicating an entire like moment and giving somebody at light and sharing the stage or somebody. So I liked it. I was like, Okay, that was that was clever. I didn't anticipate fifty doing that, but that was very clever.
Speaker 2: Here's where I'm gonna prove you guys wrong with my bias. I understood Fifty not replying to t I and always his kids, Like Fifty has not been thinking about music for quite some time. He only pops up to do intros and shit. But if you're going to put something, we're gonna throw a little shot in your power intro and then also put out a record with Max b the following day. You're active, You've got seven people shooting at you. I don't know if a line is gonna get it done. I know Fifty doesn't give a fuck. It's me just talking as a fan.
Speaker 1: I'm on the.
Speaker 2: Side of either really reply or just be quiet, or just trolling the like, just troll on ig like you always do, because now you're rapping. Like Demani put out a record right after, and I think he had every right pull up fifties.
Speaker 1: Last last post on Instagram. I mean it might not be the last post.
Speaker 2: But while I did like his meet Meet the Jackson's I did not like Demandi's reply.
Speaker 1: To fifties shot. Demani replied already.
Speaker 2: He replied immediately, as he should though, because Fifty started wrapping that one. But at this point, like, don't even go halfway step in the ring. I think it's funny that this is going to play on TV for weeks on weeks on weeks. But and you got Leon Thomas, one of the biggest R and B artists right now on it like it was a good move. But everyone else has been rapping. Man, you can't just throw one little shot.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, no response to retarded ass rappers who can't write a hit to save their lives. Moving right along, short but shorty, So I mean, you know that's what fifty He's let you know right there, like I'm not I'm not entertaining that. I'm not giving nobody a stage to perform on and let them try to stand in front of me and battle and all of this, Like that's not where fifty is at.
Speaker 1: Like you know, he's making it clear. So this this was a clear way of that's hate. What that can't write a hit? That's hate. You got to say that DEMONI can has it?
Speaker 5: Let it go? Rory, I love.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know what he was talking about, Like I was talking like.
Speaker 5: He just won't let it go.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed to know. You got to say Domani has a hit. You know that King hit. That's hey, you're not allowed to say that.
Speaker 4: Fifties hater Rory hate when people don't agree with him, like when the Internet don't him and bother him. He can't sleep at night like the money, like when the Internet.
Speaker 1: I think he can't if my opinion died in vain. Oh my god, man, wow, I swear to god him really just messing the run. No, I know I'm not. I don't think none of this shit serious. But yeah, I think this is over. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think fifty is going to reply. I think he said his piece put out a record.
Speaker 1: With Max b. I don't think Demandi is gonna keep going.
Speaker 2: I think King is done even to I didn't t I say he had to disciplined his kids and be like yo, stop doing that ship with it with his mom on the shirts.
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: I was like, I think he did that.
Speaker 5: He didn't know.
Speaker 4: He didn't know that his kids had all these responts. Oh Domani said that his dad didn't know that his kids had these responses playing.
Speaker 2: And then I saw King that had uh it was a weed bran or something with Sabrina's picture on there, like whatever, I mean, you're allowed to reply. You didn't start the shit, fifty did. So it is what it is. But I think this is finally. I think this is the last episode we'll be covering.
Speaker 3: I hope this is the last episode that we'll be covering from the TI, the Harris family.
Speaker 1: Versus Harris, Harris versus Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope this is the last one. Like, I get it. It was a cool you know, that was cool, but it's not. People don't really want to see this.
Speaker 5: People really, So who's the real winner at all of this?
Speaker 1: The money?
Speaker 5: The money is I think the money is not true And I don't even think.
Speaker 4: I don't When I say winner, I don't mean winner because it wasn't really a battle. I mean, like, who benefited the most from this? I think it was the money. I think it introduced him to a whte people now know how dope he is.
Speaker 5: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Also, Ti, I mean TI has a big record out right now. He's about to put out an album. Even though he said that he didn't plan on doing this, This wasn't part of roll up. It definitely brought more. Yeah, So I mean that the Harrises did win, but also fifty did too. Even though Leon Thomas is already on that record, and of course it was going to be somewhat of a thing, it was bigger because he said that your daddy majors.
Speaker 4: I would have never heard that song Elsewise, I would have never know there was a Power's origins coming out.
Speaker 5: Elsewise.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a big group of people that do like are any power book that comes out. There's power is super pop and the intro.
Speaker 1: Is always a really big deal as well, and a lord of low t. I can't even respond to that ball.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it's kind of like, if it's conceptual, that's to me. No, but I get the if it's all consented, No, but.
Speaker 1: Listen, I get it. But he ain't say tr name.
Speaker 3: He just said your mamma, your daddy had your mamma eat every box in Atlanta. So he said, well, who do you think he was referring to? It don't matter who I think he was referring to. If I'm t I can't be like hey now I say, now, I can't go oh yeah, yeah, it's got a bulletproof of like yeah, yeah, it's like the way fifty bar Dad, it was like, bro, if you jump out there and respond to that like you just it's like you waiting anything that may be directed towards you jumping on it like he didn't.
Speaker 1: That wasn't like tailor for that could be anything.
Speaker 5: That was that was that could be part of the Power Orange.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 4: Yet that ship had nothing to do with the rest of the song. Like he threw that ship and there we all.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I'm just saying, you don't we don't know.
Speaker 5: We do know, ma, and that could be a.
Speaker 1: Character in Power Origins.
Speaker 3: They could be in Power Origins that you know was moving wait in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: We don't know yet the show didn't come out, So that's what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, you gotta be That's like, that's why that's very like slick, very witty of fifty to do it that way, because it's like if you jump out there and jump at that bar, you just you just itching for for a moment. Like now it's looking like, I FM, you just thirsty for a moment now, because that that could be for anybody. I get the optics of it, but that could be right now. But come on, I'm just saying it could be though it's not.
Speaker 1: He didn't. I'm just saying, we don't know. If I'm t I wouldn't jump in that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you on the point of its kind of if you apply to it that it's like, okay, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no point, there's no point in replying. But we all know who he's talking. That isn't like some hidden rumors that people don't know. That's a well known document, legally documented.
Speaker 5: Thing like that.
Speaker 3: Just saying he can't jump out the in respond to said he was chilling. I don't double everything, all right, Well, and.
Speaker 5: The bar wasn't to t The bar was to the money. It was a distance.
Speaker 4: But it's about his da. It's about his dad. But it's it wasn't he wasn't addressing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I get it, But no, I think they were the winners out of this entire thing of who got the most notoriety.
Speaker 1: I'm with you there, but.
Speaker 2: I mean now followed with some music and King can follow for some i G videos like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the money, we want to we want to hear from you. I can't speak for the rest of these hating ass niggas, but we want to hear.
Speaker 5: We want to hear more from you.
Speaker 1: Who's these hating nigs?
Speaker 5: If you not to hate as nigga, don't jump out at that bar.
Speaker 1: I'm not jumping. I have a question. I said, who's these hating as niggas?
Speaker 5: Asked niggas? Anybody?
Speaker 1: Okay? I thought you sound like he was tailor suiting.
Speaker 5: No, no, anybody power universe.
Speaker 3: That's what got a lot of haters out here and a lot of fake supporters. A lot of fake supporters want to hear you to the money.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing everyone that was in all right, when he dropped a single, I better see his ship.
Speaker 1: Better go platinum. Your niggas better be streaming that ship soon as too soon as the money dropping. Your niggas waiting. No, we want to hear. We want to hear what Demani is doing, all right. See, I can be honest with with my hat.
Speaker 2: If King drops something, yeah, I would be sitting there waiting he because King makes me laugh.
Speaker 1: Demani.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good rapper. I'm not waiting to hate. I hope it's good. King is funny to me, like I want to see. I want to see King give us.
Speaker 1: Some more Major.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Major is a Major makes like so old school like soul country music. No, that's no, Sorry, wrong brother. They have an older brother that makes Buddy Red. Buddy Red makes like soul. That's the sole last name is Major?
Speaker 1: Is Major making music to us?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think Major makes music.
Speaker 3: He in real estate with something something like that. Hopefully you know he's good, and shout out to the entire Harris family. Hopefully all of them will do well as well.
Speaker 1: Yet Maul.
Speaker 2: Boost Mobile is proving that you don't have to overpay for great wireless. I don't know why you do that to yourself. I do do that as a friend. I'm sitting here. This is an intervention to tell you don't need to do that anymore.
Speaker 1: Help me.
Speaker 2: You can unlock savings with boost Mobile right now twenty five dollars a month for the unlimited plan. It's a permanent price with no contracts, no price hikes. You keep your phone and your number, but you save up to six hundred dollars a year compared to any other major carrier.
Speaker 3: Stop overpaying and switch to a fair price at boostmobile dot com today Based on the average annual single line payment of AT and T, Verizon and T Mobile customers compared to twelve months of the boot Mobile Limited plan as of January twenty twenty sixth. For full off of details, visit boostmobile dot com.
Speaker 2: Continuing on to more family beef, we got a almost seven minute record from Sahai The Good Music Breakup, where he broke down the entire lineage history, every single member and his relationship with them.
Speaker 1: Elite bars the last m.
Speaker 2: Seeing the last three records least penmanship put out is the greatest example of elite rapping that I've seen in quite sometime. It's a different level of you don't even realize how good he's rapping on us.
Speaker 3: It's different, man. There's difference levels to m seeing. It's levels to right and it's levels to rapping. Saha is right there. I just hate that's my nigga. I just hate he don't put out enough material to be in the rest of these conversations because a lot of these niggas that y'all be seeing is dope and nice. These niggas is not that they just got material and you understand it that they putting out work. But shah is definitely a lot better than all of these rappers that y'all love.
Speaker 2: I noticed your chin got a little tight when we were complimenting the wrappability of side.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't. I have nothing agase. He's a really good writer. Did you the record?
Speaker 4: Mm hm?
Speaker 2: Not that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, y'all keep trying to make me hate. Seventy degrees we called I'm not hating outside y'all keep trying to make me. Y'all I'm not, y'all like, I'm not a hater. You hated, They got you big hating last year they called for HD.
Speaker 5: No, I was being a good producer and making y'all show better. I wasn't hating. I wasn't hating. Let's be real, that's really been around around here. I took the fall, but I did what I had to do in a moment.
Speaker 1: Better.
Speaker 5: I'm just let's just be honest.
Speaker 2: I'll get I'll allow some of some of that, but let's not act like peace didn't take you out of context to make it go viral exactly.
Speaker 5: But I hate that.
Speaker 1: I hate that what else? What are you supposed to do? But I hate that it was already what could you do?
Speaker 5: I hate that even though niggas giggled and laughed, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Laugh that I went to defend you and then really fell on the social niggas.
Speaker 4: Niggas giggle and laugh even though they knew it was out of context, you know, laugh.
Speaker 5: At Moji's times.
Speaker 2: But we will clearly we moved back about the laughing no moments fout that.
Speaker 5: We moved past that.
Speaker 2: You was laughing like that, I was.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing again, like we moved.
Speaker 5: Past that as a family. But you know, I'm at yo behind closes.
Speaker 1: We're like the Harrison. We got to move to the unit in the public eye. Yo, that's mad fuddy. Oh my bad.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm back, but no, I feel like sometimes it's a little side. I hate the last two records we talked about. You kind of was like, all right, I'm sorry. Would you like me to like hit my knees like it's good?
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I don't. I like Hi is good.
Speaker 2: I've never said he was past good. Where do we want to start? We're gonna start with with me popping it off?
Speaker 5: Yo, Hey, Yo, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: I popped I popped the record off.
Speaker 5: M h it's pauseworthy.
Speaker 2: It's definitely pauseworthy. I got I got, I got Hi in that mode. I don't even think he was going to do this until I asked that.
Speaker 5: Question for sure. No, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: You want to know how stupid I am. It took me to the third listen to realize that I was on the intro. I listened to it three times and didn't realize that that was me.
Speaker 1: I can see that on the on the unlocked and listening like that to just talking.
Speaker 2: On the on the first one. I heard me ask that question and thought to myself, that's a good question I would ask that, idiot, I'm not making it. I was like, I wonder what's top five albums are good?
Speaker 1: Because that's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was from from our interview BT Awards, probably when we were in Atlanta maybe two three years ago we interviewed Hi.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't call that one in. That was from a New roy Mall episode. Oh yeah, yeah, yes, funny. I remember that. Yes, yes, good conversation.
Speaker 2: But I mean he he starts it out with before you go down this lane, make sure your soul is trained.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's one of the.
Speaker 2: Hardest bars I've heard. Started the record with that was like, I see what time' on? So Gina asked questions about each artist, but the first verse is more so I think, just given kind of a bad history. I never knew that he was supposed to go to Watch the Throne. I can understand why he was taken off of it. He's allowed to feel a way. But I can see them going like, listen, it's Frank and Beyonce and we don't really want any rapt features. It's supposed to be Jay and Kanye. I can see that one and be like, I get it. If there's some other rap, yeah, that makes sense, but it's b and Frank. We're just not doing that right now. Because if that's the case, we got to get Sean, we got to get all this. I would like to know more about him being taken off of Detroit too, yeah, which he does get into his relationship with Sean. But to me that that was that was very odd because I highly doubt it was a bad verse.
Speaker 1: Noah does not is not give me a bad verse, but he was.
Speaker 2: He was a little vague on the Sean relationship, because even even Gina came in after and say, I didn't think you.
Speaker 1: And Big Sean got along very well. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a weird relationship that I would actually like to ask, that's the only one I left this song not being clear on of really where he was at with Sean and that entire thing, because why the fuck would you be left off Detroit too? Yeah, like you're just pulling my verse off that ship. Then he gets into Travis on the second verse, and this is where I fuck with Sah his loyalty to shit that he even disagrees with. I highly respect when you're with somebody, 're with somebody. Travis did develop a habit of letting everyone diss them.
Speaker 3: That's hard, like Barney like that, my nigga, Travis somehow developed the habit of let niggas diss us. I've never heard of rapper say that, Like you developed a habit of let niggas diss us?
Speaker 1: Like rappers don't even like that.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying with Sayha, like the way he like pins shit, like just simple shit like that is what makes this niggas so ill.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I remember when everyone was killing Push during the Clips run because he dissed Travis on the Clips album. Then on interviews was talking about it and was talking about when they were in Paris, he came to play the album, but didn't play Drake's verse, which I thought was unfair because we found out later that that Drake Verse was recorded the day before Travis's album came out. There was no verse when he played that for Pharrell in the clips in Paris. But being somebody like Saha and Push, I can see them feeling a way of you playing both sides a little way, like too much. I can understand being like this is not my beef, but you'd be polying crazy with both sides. This added even more to it because I thought Push was being you know, a little a little extra on it, but I understood it. But now that I can see sighs like you just keep letting people diss us on records with you, Like what the fuck are we doing at this point? Like how your biggest record? You got Drake talking about pulling up to our man's crib. He dropped, No, that's your brother in law, like your kids are cousins, Like what are we doing right now?
Speaker 3: He dropped out the school of Donda and went left with the grassy correct what he did in fashion, but she just looks hell at tacky. When I helped him with his album, went like eleven platinum but I still didn't get my swap, and he mad that I'm even asking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I get it.
Speaker 2: It's sickle mode, Travis's biggest word. I don't know the stats, but I would assume definitely. I mean Travis has a lot of there's a goosebump. I'm sure there's a lot, But Mode is like Diamond if I did all that writing for you because Astra Worlds. I remember when as the World came out, you and I both could pick the songs that we knew Sahi penns, and then we looked at the credits and we're writing about everything, like you could tell that Sahai was writing the ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's a little weird because I've seen Travis give versus beats swaps to a lot of artists that have done nothing for him or aren't even at a level that they could get a Travis verse. So to not give Sahai one, I would I would definitely feel away. And I'm writing a record for you. And then you get Drake on the ship to diss us. That's fucking like you're being playing, Like Drake is playing you right now or he's not, And that's your man's and you're giggling with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's in that type of scenario.
Speaker 3: In that situation, they can get a little like a little sticky because it's like, obviously he's just just the home team, and you know, Drake and Yay have a little back and forth. So if he's throwing shots at Yay on your song, it does look crazy. But what you're gonna say, like, nah, Drake, don't say that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean that's why I think syd kill it. If I got a verse from Drake shit, I'd be hella happy. But I can't let him just bro on the ship. It would probably never happen.
Speaker 4: Travis Mighty say, that's sighs. Loyalty is what has been keeping his career down, which.
Speaker 2: Which he gets to with when he gets to the Push verse of just how they grew up and that's the only ship. When we sat with pusha t we questioned some of that and he said, I don't this is how I was raised. My loyalty just doesn't move the way maybe some of y'all's does. But again, I understand, Travis, it's not my beef, but not like we're spending Thanksgiving together like our kids are cousins. This isn't just like like Yo, we see each other at the club like that. That's a different level of family in my opinion. But I know Travis doesn't really speak, but he's been accused of this by so many people within that circle. I would like to hear his side of it. Not that we're old that, but yeah, yeah, why does everyone in that crew feel like you have been playing not even both sides, just that side, and you were supposed to be with us and we've all helped your shit to the best of our ability, That's.
Speaker 1: All has Travis. Has he ever spoke about this?
Speaker 3: No, not really, like just like in general, just like you know, doing songs with Drake when obviously Drake and Yay.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's ever spoken on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I think Travis is kind of even though he is associated with good music and that, I mean, he does have his own crew. I don't know if he sits and hangs out with good music like that. I think Kanye, I think Kanye was an idol of his and he definitely wanted to work with him. But I mean, you know, he has his circle of the kids he grew up with, Chase and everybody like, he has his crew, So I don't. Maybe he's viewing it like we're like music. So maybe I just think it's a little different when our kids are cousins. But maybe he's viewing it that way. Yeah, Like, Okay, so I paid you, you got your pub like, I don't know if I owe you. Well, actually no, so I said he didn't.
Speaker 1: It was a swap. It was a swap. Yeah, he didn't even get any money.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I didn't get paid for Cicle Mode and you're not giving me a swap, I'm in a field way, I know, I'm losing my mind like Phil, Like, of course he got pub on but if you didn't even give me an upfront fee and we yeah, no, no, no, I can't write Sickle Moe for you and you don't give me a swap.
Speaker 4: I'm not writing Sicle Mode and trying to get no swap. I want the money from that shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he got he got pub yeah, no matter like legally he has to get pub no matter what. He didn't like ghost write it, he wrote it. But shit, and you not even give me some of the master on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we might have a little issue though, I ain't gonna lie a big issue, fuck a little one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need my I need my verse homie.
Speaker 2: And that's that's where this ship is is kind of fucked up because you're probably in creative mode, like, yeah, I just gave him. I shouldn't even have to ask you, just thinking like, no matter what, when I need something travels to be right.
Speaker 3: There, you would think so I know, and you would think so yeah, But unfortunately we notice not how this game, how this game goes in the industry, don't work like that all the time. No matter what your relationship is with people, you know, it's it's not gonna be the way you anticipated going. It's always gonna be some funck ship going on. Yeah, It's just that's just the music industry.
Speaker 2: How did you feel about the Cuddy verse verse three? Gina asked, And what about the man on the moon side, not really speaking to his relationship with with Cuddy, but more so Kanye and Kid Cuddy. If you guys do remember when Pete Davison was dating Kim Kardashian. Pete and Cuddy are close and it appeared like Cuddy had taken Pete's side in that entire thing. And so I said, what if a dope fiend was around one of his kids buddies and they Mama good hoo hooked on it. I mean, I want to say that's not fair to say, but Pete Davison has been very open with his drug abuse, and I don't think. I don't know Kim Kardashian, but I highly doubt that Kim was allowing drugs around her kids. But I see that at that point, and I could see Kanye even in not excusing the mental state he was in at the time, and I think he was just mad that Pete was fucking his wife. But yeah, I'd feel a way if someone openly is talking about their their drug use and is around my kids and you're getting my kids tattooed on you after a week, who's the mentally ill one here?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Granted, I think a objectively Kanye was also filled with jealous rage, which a lot of men would be, and he wouldn't handle that well. And I don't know if it's great to have somebody that is in a mentally ill state around their own children at certain times. I'm not saying Kanye was a sainting that, but no, I would feel a fucking way that my man cutties my man's and you hanging with somebody's getting my kids tattooed on their skin after a week of meeting them.
Speaker 1: It's a little weird, A little it's weird. I guess I view that drastically different. I like that that say.
Speaker 2: I kept that very brief throughout the entire thing, because, yeah, how would you feel.
Speaker 5: Going into the Push averse? How did you feel about that?
Speaker 1: It was kind of what I expected, I suppose.
Speaker 2: I mean again, us sitting with Pushing and questioning him about good music stuff, and him talking about his pedigree and how he was raised, how he moves within that he he doesn't expect everyone to move the same way he does based off the morals that were giving to him in the situations that he was in. It didn't shock me that that Saha and Push got together after the first three verses are nothing but artistry mess.
Speaker 1: We get to Push. He's like, that's my man, Yes, But that's.
Speaker 4: I feel like when it comes to artists and them being weird and creative, people be weird sometimes, and especially if they weren't raised in street ronment environments. Their loyalty and their outlooks on LIKEE do be weird and different. That's why the entertainment industry is so fucking weird because it's full of people who were never raised in certain ways that people like me and you are maw or Push your Tea and were raised.
Speaker 3: When they spoke about that, they said, our loyalty came from, you know, just being in the streets, Like that's what they learned about loyalty. So, I mean they share that, they share a lot of the same you know, outlooks and views on certain things and certain things as men.
Speaker 1: We just don't you know, sway on and you know, it's just loyalty. It's just honor, it's respect, its integrity, morals and things like that. So, I mean, I wasn't expecting him to rap about Push and be saying anything other than not, we still we still with each other. We're still cool. I did laugh though at.
Speaker 2: Saha having like a fisherman sees another fisherman moment on tour when he realized Push Your Tea was bending his his hangers like he was cooking up coke.
Speaker 1: That just being in the green room and like okay, all right, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm happy to know that they do still have like a strong relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again that was surprising me.
Speaker 2: I would never think that Push ever charged for his verse on No Dope point, Like I would never even think Push would would do that with the home team, Like yeah, all that, it's just funny. It was like a breath of fresh air halfway through the thing, like oh this is supposed to go, y'all good, cool somebody, because because when Gina said, I know you can't put your tea of a good relationship right, I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, we're about to hear Listen, Saha, this is this is fire.
Speaker 3: I like the visual for like you know what I mean, like breaking that, like every bar, giving the visual of the bar, you know, going whether it's a loaf of bread, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I love that all of that is fired. Sahai, you my nigga. You know I love you.
Speaker 3: If we don't get a fucking album, like come on, man, we need to, I'm telling you this is just a glimpse of what Sahai does. This is this is easy for sah This is nothing. This is like Saha is really one of the greatest pins and greatest rappers. That we have, Like, I'm just mad he don't have the material to back that No Dope on Sundays to me. To me, I'm not speaking for you. To me classic I.
Speaker 1: Said, just the last episode of it's a personal classic. To me, if he had if he had two more albums out that, let's not even say they was better than No Dope on Sundays. Let's say they was just either on par or a little less than No Dope on some he would be in the same conversations with a lot of these other rappers and mcs as being the best out right now.
Speaker 2: But in listening to this whole record, do you kind of see why he hasn't had the output that he's put on. Sometimes I felt like maybe it's something Shi didn't want and he preferred because we mess out. He definitely has a I want to be behind like he doesn't want to be in the line.
Speaker 1: I want to deal with the mess. Yeah, like he he he wants to do his Own't.
Speaker 4: Say you don't want to deal with the mess of the music business and then you dress you dropped.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: More of the mess of fame and being out there constantly, being on the road, like I think sometimes he likes to just lay low make his money. But you can see now all the insane shit that was happening behind the scenes that we could all assume.
Speaker 1: We just didn't know.
Speaker 2: No one ever thought that Good Music was some well oiled working machine. We always knew there was some bullshit there, but I never knew exactly why Sahai was not having the output that I felt that he should. Yeah, and I mean it also goes back to being signed to somebody that's in the peak of their career, like you, going through the gifts and the curve, all the albums and artists that he's talking about. Look at this timeline watch thrown my people. Dards was a fantasy astro world like, look at the projects that he's working on at this time. And I don't think Good Music had the biggest of staffs, and def Jam got cut in half at that time. I'm like, nah, I don't. I don't know if if anyone was putting Sihi as a priority outside of helping them with their shit.
Speaker 4: Which goes back to my conversation about how I might understand Travis's disloyalty.
Speaker 2: He had I believe a pub deal with with good music, which again he was helping Kanye, helping people out, but he put everything out through Sony like he was never He was never common Big Sean, Saiahi Tiana like that.
Speaker 1: That was never a thing.
Speaker 2: So my on the loyalty side, to your point, I think it's more loyalty on friendship than it is loyalty because I'm.
Speaker 1: Signed to good music, like I've helped you on this. That's if your kids like.
Speaker 2: To me, it's more of a loyalty friendship thing rather than anything good music related.
Speaker 1: I thought the Virgil.
Speaker 2: The Virgil verse was interesting, and I don't want this to be a defend Kanye moment the way that some of this this record came across. But one of my favorite Drake bars in w freestyle is I'd never have a Virgil in my circle and holding back because he makes me nervous. While that is just a battlebar, that is kind of how a lot of us felt when Virgil got the LV deal and how Kanye reacted to it, Whereas we were assuming he was about to be really happy for his man's and it came across as some.
Speaker 1: Jealousy shit, did it not?
Speaker 2: Ye definitely and I think Kanye, and again not excusing him, but Kanye has I think some difficulty ironically coming across the way he's thinking in his brain. This did give some insight of maybe how Kanye actually felt. He felt like LV may have been using Virgil in that instance when he was beefing with them, also with Nike when off White happened. And I don't know any of this, and I'm not gonna ever speak, especially for somebody that has passed, rest in peace to Virgil. Maybe this was really Kanye's point of view and it did not come across that way. It was it'll end way differently that Nah, they're using my friend. The anger is more towards LV than it would be too Virgil.
Speaker 1: In that instance.
Speaker 2: And if I was Virgil in that time, I would feel like, aren't you supposed to be one of my best friends? You help me, but you're not even happy for me? Like this is Chris I get announced as the first black man of what was his exact title, It was head of y Louis Vuitton Creative Right has no Yeah. I always thought Kanye looked insane for that, but maybe this is really how he felt that they were using Virgil while he was beefing with them and just placed him there instead. And the same with Nike. We've heard his his his back and forth of that. I'm not saying, Kanye, this is right, It's just a different perspective.
Speaker 1: This is how I say. That is how that said.
Speaker 3: Uh, Kanye tell you that you hate your sofa and then help you like decorate, decorate your house, decorate your That's funny though, but.
Speaker 2: And this is why I'm getting some push back to Sahai, I do hate the Kanye says things that none of y'all won't like.
Speaker 1: He says the things you're thinking. No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: Everything Kanye said I wasn't thinking in my head. And it was like, but I'm too scared to say it.
Speaker 3: But see that goes back to what we was told about at the top with with if you don't agree with something to considered hate. You see what I'm saying, It's like, is it considered hating? Like why can't I just be like, nah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Like your couch.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna help you, koo, that's the couch you like. But then you gotta put this in here, you gotta you gotta dress up. You gotta have this type of carpet, this type of these type of arts on your walls, you gotta put this type of lamp and like, so it's not it may come across like this nigga hating on my couch. Okay, but the nigga also did help you just deck your whole spot out. Now, the whole shit looked different than look, yeah it's flying, it's not hey, it's it's I want to help you. Yeah, I don't like that as I don't like what you just did with this couch. But all right, cool, that's what you're going with. Let me let me help you out there.
Speaker 2: But that sounds that sounds good. But like then you get to genus saying, what do you say about jay Z?
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: If Kanye's some about tastes are certain things cool, but Kanye's also said some insane things for sure about Ja and Beyonce's kids, so things he could never come back from. Yeah, and this was the only verse seven. I let the ship slide with the couch thing. And I know say obviously sees Kanye West in a way different space than all of us. He really knows him. We only see what we see. I've been around people deemed lunatics. I'm like, no, if you get to know that, I problem.
Speaker 1: They not even like that. That's just what you see. I can identify with that. So I'm cool. I let this lie.
Speaker 2: But then when Gina asked about the jay Z shit, he said, yeah, I'm not a fan of it, but you see the way they was. They were shitting on him back in the day. Nah, those things don't at them. No, No, Noah, I appreciate this. So I said, I'm not a fan of what he did to Jay. I don't think I ever would be calling their kids. What Kanye said is there's no defense on that. But Noah that I didn't watch the what was it, the not Yeesus, the thing on Netflix that creative controlled him.
Speaker 1: It was the genius genius.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch that and go, you know what what he said about jay Z's kids is okay, yeah, no, no, because Sherry was on a call, I didn't think, like, you know what he's allowed to say that about you.
Speaker 5: Do you think this whole song kind of comes across as a like Kanye like.
Speaker 2: Defense, Uh yeah, with understanding, Like with context.
Speaker 1: Said Kanye defense.
Speaker 3: I think he's given context to things that happened from a perspective that none of us have because obviously he was there, so he knows a lot of the nuances on certain things and why things played out the way he did. So I mean, if it feels like it's in defense of Kanye, I understand, but it really is just given insight to and given information that we didn't have on why certain things played out, why certain things didn't play out. So yeah, I mean I wouldn't say Kanye like, I don't think he's defending Yeah. I think he's just given more context and information and then you are you can do what you want with that.
Speaker 1: Like, he's just given more detailed events that happened. And then you know, as a fan, as a listeners, if you come across like, oh right, I kind of understand Kanye wasn't He wasn't wrong as I thought he was.
Speaker 3: Like if you feel like that, cool, But I don't think that's but Sahai is trying to I think he's trying to defend Kanye in any way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's really just given context to everything that happened over the last decade. Yeah, And I mean he said that's his man's and he's disagreed with them.
Speaker 1: But what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: You gotta have a friend of your homie and disagree with him, Like, Yo, I wouldn't have I wouldn't have said that, you wild and for saying that you're still my man, But that was crazy, Like that's that's what friendships and relationships are. It's like, Yo, I'm not gonna agree with I don't want to agree with everything my homie says or does. Yeah, like I want to have some discourse and some you know, back and forth and arguing a little bit, Like, Yo, that was whack, Like you shouldn't have did that, Like that's what makes friendships friendships, Like we can disagree, but we can still respect each other's perspective and stance on certain things. And you know what I mean, Like, I think that's what makes great friendships, Like we can agree and disagree at the same time. And I think that's what Saha basically was saying throughout most of this this record, like, yeah, I didn't agree with a lot of that shit, but you know, I know him in a different way as well. I've seen things that he's done that was great for people and how he helped people at the same time, even though he says off the wall, crazy shit that you can never come back from, he's also done a lot of good things for people at the same time.
Speaker 2: So the biggest leftdout in this record was was really the end. He did all that amazing rapping, put out the last two joints, all for Gina to say, what are we getting story of mister Egott, And I thought, okay, we got to poose you here date he about to say, March fifteenth, he said.
Speaker 3: Soon, love he Now, we don't add these talks personally, like I need to fuck if you ain't gonna put it out, send it to my phone. I ain't, but I need to hear the music man, because like this, you can't give us no dope on Sundays and just like all right, I'm cool.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know when I'm gonna put out my next year like that, that's just that's insane.
Speaker 3: To give us the album like that rap that was rap, Yeah, like a real rap, real high level mceing.
Speaker 1: And then we don't get the follow up to that, like come on, so you gotta give us the album, bro. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I and a I'm curious who's produced, Like, who's producing all that?
Speaker 3: Well, I put him in touch with a certain producer that he said he wanted to work with. And then I saw that producer and I asked, was like, yeah, but it ain't really I ain't spoke to him a lot.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, man, all right, okay.
Speaker 2: I mean as much as I would love to see the Kanye West producer album, I mean, I has been running around for twenty years. I know he knows his sound and has his relationships. So if Kanye is not on it, it is what it is. But I still in that seven I would have liked to see Saha added to that when they were doing every.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me let me text Alchemists and see if he hit them.
Speaker 4: Man, not you letting us know who the producer was. Not you dropping bombs.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it's a bomb. I mean I don't about working with Alchemists.
Speaker 3: I think he's he might have said that with us like that was like one producer that he's always been wanting to work with, and I couldn't believe that he never him and Alchemist never even like touched connected.
Speaker 5: I mean touched. I meant to say touched bab I.
Speaker 1: Hope from the record. I hope. I hope him and Alchemists have never been touched me. I mean, don't do that. Whatever anyone's journey is, I don't think they did. I don't think that's I hope they got in touch, Yeah, in touch, I don't yeah, yeah, But I'm gonna hit that chet because I as a just a fan, I would love to hear with him and uh with Alchemists is how will cook up?
Speaker 5: Too?
Speaker 2: So stand on music that Penmmy album came out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, y'all know, I'm mad at Pimmy.
Speaker 5: Man, No, why are you mad? Why are you mad?
Speaker 3: Pimmy gave us the greatest HR nigga album like that shit was nineteen minutes twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what we're calling the album. I think this was just.
Speaker 2: A follow up because she had the interlude and had a lot of attention. Let me give them some music, not an EP per se. But I don't like count this as album. It's only seventeen minutes long. To me, this is just here's here's some music.
Speaker 1: It's five. This is like when you argue with your girl and you hungry and she just whip up a quick meal.
Speaker 3: That shit fired. But it's like, ain't no left. It was only it was only enough for one plate. It's like, Yo, that shit the nigga, you ain't go shopping. What you mean I ain't go shopping?
Speaker 1: Order?
Speaker 4: Like I loved it because it was themed. It was steamed. Don't come home. It's literally don't come home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yo, she said, stayed till I hated you. I'm so predictable. That bar stung when I was driving on the West side. Yo.
Speaker 3: This ship is so yo. This this, this project is so fired. But hemmy, we love you, but you you must not love us.
Speaker 2: Well, nah, listen. Putting a full project together it's tough and takes time. I think this is great to feed the fans in the meantime while she's putting a proper debut together. If you have the attention you had coming off some sexy songs for you, all of us were like, who is that?
Speaker 1: That was a year ago.
Speaker 2: I think this is fine to feed because also it taught me that her pen is crazy.
Speaker 5: It's still a lyrical break now, like I knew she.
Speaker 1: Was dope and I like the interlude. But and there was that other other one record.
Speaker 2: That was on her DSPs page. I didn't know her pen was like this, her pen is crazy.
Speaker 1: Now she pen me is this this project is so fire.
Speaker 3: But again, as soon as I was like ooh, like she talking, it went it too because you know, how were you playing the album and just going to like an artist that kind of makes similar music, I think some random ass.
Speaker 1: So I was like, yo, this ain't pen me. I say yea. But then I look and it was old already.
Speaker 3: I'm like, God, shouldn't give us this quick, this quick, great all of this great music, and it was like eighteen maybe eight ten tracks eighteen minutes.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've been critical as to OVO as a label in the past, but I've always appreciated this strategy with their new artists Party did it? We got that Magic Jordan EP, which I think is a classic EP they do when they signed someone, give you a quick representation of who they are while the attention is on them what they've done after. I've disagreed with OVO as a label, but I always think that strategy is perfect. She went the four bat shit like you got some time right now, people are focused on one song that they like with you give them seventeen minutes and it's great. I get it, and this is right, but you might need too soon for a full penny album.
Speaker 3: Like kisses Way, would you leave the streets for me? And then seventeen minutes later project over, what come on?
Speaker 1: Would you leave the streets for me? She opened?
Speaker 3: That was an opening bar Pimmy, this shit is fire. But the guy, we could have let the music play a little longer. You could have gave us another four balls on every joint, like this shit is dope, but it's it's eighteen minutes is crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ain't hear my bitch when she said, say last shit, I could do what you do but worse. So damn, what's the point of doing it like this? It was a long session, you know, I'll go, and the traffic was crazy.
Speaker 1: You know, I go.
Speaker 5: It was easier to sleep at the studio. See, I could do it to you sound hella slow. Yeah, it was easier for me to sleep, rory.
Speaker 1: And more stupid. Twenty seconds later, the saul was over, Hey man, that's one point.
Speaker 5: It's enough. Bet that nigga got the point across.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing, and I mean it's respectfully to pim me. If I'm the guy she's talking about. After finishing this project, my thoughts are, I can still cheat on you.
Speaker 1: Nah, you got penny twisted.
Speaker 5: Penny twisted.
Speaker 2: Oh here point she didn't finish it. It's just like she's talking, all right.
Speaker 5: She said, call me when you can. Yeah, I gotta set you free.
Speaker 4: I gotta set you free when you done at that bitch house, called me so I could break up with you.
Speaker 2: That's no to me, even on monogamy. When she was saying, you want to have her, but you can't have me. That sounds like a girl that is staying if you cheat, she.
Speaker 1: Said, fuck whoever, do whatever? Yeah, we do whatever your ego, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: My ship right there. What am I missaying?
Speaker 1: I put it out my story. Yeah, fuck whatever, do whatever.
Speaker 5: Do whatever?
Speaker 4: She said, post whatever, do whatever. It ain't my concern. Fuck whoever, do whatever gets your ego turn. I'd rather be alone and stay down for a whole. So tree, whoever better than the one you got at home, do the most. It doesn't matter, it's not my concern. I'd rather be alone that stay down for a whole.
Speaker 1: My bad, my bad, I know.
Speaker 2: Talk that would have hit different.
Speaker 3: Yo, I ain't gonna lie. This project is dope, man. But it's like Pimmy just was like, huh heah, leave me alone.
Speaker 1: Stop asking.
Speaker 2: I think where R and B is at currently, and then you can clearly tell the talent she has.
Speaker 1: I think I think Ovo has them an artist.
Speaker 2: No Pimmies like, I think she's the I don't say they got one because that sounds so cliche and corny, but this was a good representation of, Oh, she's actually talented. Yeah, she's dope, and it's it's the perfect time for this type of music. Ironically, we're gonna get to the Yeba album. I kind of felt like this Pimmy's album was if Yeba and Party next Door had a kid.
Speaker 3: Really, Pimmy's album was if Yeba and Party had a kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, Throughout the whole hour was like no, I mean, I mean it's strictly, of course Yeba is a better vocalist, but there's very few vocalists on earth that can really touch Yeah.
Speaker 1: But so I don't mean that it's a just light to Pimmy whatsoever. I think Pimmy is a good vocalist.
Speaker 2: But it was like a Yeba tone if party was in the room writing everything from a woman's perspective. Okay, did you get a chance to listen to the Yeba album?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I didn't get a chance. I'm upset.
Speaker 1: How is it? Oh, it's some great white soul on there. Yeah, there's some great white soul on there.
Speaker 3: To me, almost fucked around and it went on a road trip. Almost jumped in the car and just went on a road trip, like listening to that. This is road trip music. You gotta you gotta take her. You gotta just drive, don't you don't know where you're going, just getting the.
Speaker 1: Car fucking go. Yeah, and like a luxury pickup truck. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did she have another Distance on there? Because Distance is one of my favorite songs.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say another distance per se, but I do know what what you're saying. It did lean. It leaned more in the white soul than I thought it was going to not so white soul, like, ah, yeah it was because I think she's so scared to have any type of adele comparisons where I think she could do that lane. It's not country esque, but it's a little more popish than I would expect.
Speaker 1: From yeh.
Speaker 2: But but I really really did like it. Okay, I mean, but yeah, all right, it's close to that.
Speaker 3: I guess seven Years though seven years joint. That's the one that almost got me to drive all the way to motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Once seven Years came on, I was like, all, yeah, but you're just gonna make me go, just go take a little road trip. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm out.
Speaker 2: Did it touch a little into country more than you thought it would? I want to say country, but there is a tone of country in it.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's from the South. So that's that's that's that's just her roots Arkansas. There you go, Yeah, that's her roots.
Speaker 1: You're gonna hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're gonna hear dabbled in that a bit before, but I think on this album it was a little bit more.
Speaker 1: But I did like it.
Speaker 3: No, this was this this this album is incredible, Like it's like it's just it's just it's certain music you hear where you're like, all right, this is not what I would usually listen to, but it's good. It feels good, it sounds good, is well done. And then the lyrics. You know what I'm saying. You can relate, like, okay, like she on here talking to us ship, but the music is not It's not what you probably think it is, because I think it's it's listed as alternative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. It's not an R and B project.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ton't expect that.
Speaker 1: But the vibe though, the energy is Dawn is under alternative as well, though, is it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would expect that to be under R and B as well. Yeah, but yeah, it is listed. But this feels more alternative though, Oh yeah, it's definitely it's more. Yeah, the music is a little more. Dawn is more R and B.
Speaker 2: But to matter, she even pops off one record with God is good all the time, all the time, God is good. But I am fucking tired. Like she's not dead, she's in that back you talking like that, fucking tired. I'm tired.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to listen. I'm trying to be listening. I love the Lord, the Lord he is he heard my cry. You get it to all of that, But.
Speaker 1: Yo, what we on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta ask God what we are?
Speaker 1: What you on?
Speaker 5: Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Hey, that's all right, it's the right to ask God that it's okay, but now this project is project was dope.
Speaker 1: This was a good music weekend. It was great, great music. This was a good music weekend.
Speaker 4: Or if you like that type of music, I still advise for you to check out Michael Franks. I still feel that you would love my check out what Michael Franks?
Speaker 1: That wast my list? Lemit, let me read it. You had Mike's Franks on your list? Did anything else drop?
Speaker 2: Today's show is brought to you by a presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, which is Florida's sports book. March is here, mall, so you know the madness is going to take over Angry college basketball, so mad center stage every day we have games.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: The temperature is rising, the shots are falling, and now it's time to get the hardwood with hard Rock Bet. Sign up today and double your winnings on your first ten bets max fifty dollars. That's right, Your winnings are doubled on your first ten bets. So if you would have won a hundred bucks on your bet, make it two hundred mare. That's how you start March, So.
Speaker 1: Don't sit on the bench.
Speaker 3: Download the hard Rock Bet app today, and let's get the party started. Danson boots on mall Hey b one bonus bets not a cash offer off of by a seminal tribe of Florida and Florida, offered by Seminal Hard Rock Digital LLC.
Speaker 1: In all of the states.
Speaker 3: Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one A three three play wise In Indiana, if you was someone you know has a gambler problem, wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Speaker 5: Plenty dropped. But what did you guys listen to that?
Speaker 3: I didn't listen to Jay Skis and il tone beats they probably got, didn't get to listen to them listening. I'm checking out tonight though, Yeah, I'm definitely checking out this week off Skis. Like we admittedly said that there was so much going on. Oh todd allis Sign Girl Musical Volume one. I did listen to the EP.
Speaker 2: It's great, and my issue is I wish he didn't give us this EP and took these six records and gave us six more us because then this is we had talked last episode. For those that did listen, I think Tie is an icon, but I also put him kind of in the Chris Brown category of you haven't given me the class. I think Free TC is a classic to me, but Tie and what he means to this generation has not given us that fucking classic. And like, you can't just throw intentions with Brandy on an EP. That song is so fucking good. I just like these records, the featuring tide alas Sign album. I think all six of these records are better than that whole album. And it's like, why can't we focus this type of sound and expand it to a twelve track project.
Speaker 1: It's no, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I mean clearly, it says Volume one, so I'm sure he has Volume two with six records. But I know once we get to Volume three, we're all gonna come in here and say, man, it would have been nice if you just put all these volumes together. And made it a Tide Ali sign album. Yeah, I just know we're gonna get into that realm. But I can appreciate that because Ta is one of those artists that records seventy five songs a day, most of which that will stay on a hard drive and he won't put it out.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this.
Speaker 2: Gets him to actively put out like packs. I'm fine with it because there's not a skip on this entire thing, like Leading with Mischutuo, with Leon Thomas, I understand Leon's on fire. Any one of these records could have let like it's it's a really really good EP.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all notice, but we're getting back to short projects. It was EP No, not that even Yeba's out that's only forty minutes. Yeah, but that, I mean, Hemmy gave us eighteen got out of there. Y're gonna get you out these eighteen minutes, and I gotta go. Yeba gave us forty minutes. The Naws Barkley album I think is only like forty minutes, but.
Speaker 2: That's we knew that was gonna come back because when everyone was doing the forty track projects or twenty three records to try to trick the algorithm and streaming.
Speaker 1: Everybody's not Chris Brown, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like yes, that works for Chris because people love Chris Brown and are going to listen to forty records from Chris Brown because he's Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: You a little xanax Molly, what wop?
Speaker 2: No one wants to hear forty records from you, though, the world can only handle forty minutes of music, especially when we have microwave brains right now, I think you could have long albums in this time because Chris Brown knows how to trick an algorithm.
Speaker 1: Is the dumbest fucking thing ever.
Speaker 3: Pimy is supposed to give us thirty minutes. You still like fam that project is so dope in eighteen minutes.
Speaker 5: I know she had a.
Speaker 4: One phone call with that nigga. We could have got another twenty minutes. I know you have more in the time I got.
Speaker 1: She definitely got.
Speaker 3: She definitely cut All of those are Lucy's will be dope though, not to cut you off. What would be dope, though, is if that was the album right, she gave us to eighteen minutes and then that her shows the songs are longer that got a live show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that would be hard.
Speaker 2: But there's also a good way to test markets, like to do live shows like that. Seventeen minutes. I think is a perfect strategy for her, Yeah, because coming out the gate when you're not proving to give a full project can fail very easily. I don't care how talented you are, Like, you got to ease people into ship eighteen minutes. God damn, I think that's perfect for that.
Speaker 5: Did you guys listen to the Narls Barkley album.
Speaker 2: I love Narls Barkley, I love Coelo, and I love Danger Mouse and so let's ad So I love Narls Barkley, I love Selo.
Speaker 1: It's not ass It's just not it's not it's it's all over the place. It's it's the music is very like over the place. Yeah, but it's not ass though.
Speaker 3: It's just you gotta be in a certain headspace to kind of like listen to that project.
Speaker 1: Ah there there's like joints, there's a few. No, it's music on it.
Speaker 3: It's good music on it, but it's just it's not what I was expecting. Like, it's definitely not what I was expecting. It's like oh this is Oh they went in hand, was jamming like they was in the studio putting music. Yeah, it's just like okay, like I gotta like hold on not right now. You can't go off of Pimmy, Yeah, but and go Gnarls on them. You can't go off after Penny and yes, like nah, fan, we on a whole different frequency right now.
Speaker 2: And like even the lyrical content, like Selo, it was just a lot of weird content on there too, things I've never heard Selo say, Like what, it's just the whole album itself is very chaotic all over the place. Like there's joints that feel like old Narls Barkley that like bring you back down to earth and calm, and then it goes in the most chaotic space ever sonically, like one of the albums.
Speaker 1: That I'm gonna need, like ye, you need some months, you gotta win silk. You gotta put some silk on to listen to this album.
Speaker 2: But also was it like was it really dark too? Were you listening to what Selo was saying? Like the first record really even starts out with take cover All God's Children, Even the sun has gone to hide, the sky is raining bullets. I'll never forget the day that Tomorrow died. We're all the same in death. Then it goes to amnesia, a nervous break down on the seizure, suspending this sweet nothing has been such a friend to me, I said, amnesia, I'm still a believer. If I come back alive, will anyone remember me? Like it's like the first two records are suicide notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like the vibe was. I was in a car, like, does then even have Selo's number? I hope he's okay.
Speaker 3: The vibe was totally different, Like coming off of that Pemmy, that beautiful Pemmy tone and those lyrics, and then hearing that I was just like, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Expecting this is that's that's just not what I was expecting from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean I mean Danger Mouse, I absolutely love I'm curious with Space season too. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just it's not what I was expecting.
Speaker 1: I guess at all.
Speaker 2: I see why they did no rollout. I see why they literally just said we're putting an album out here. You go, this is gonna take some time. I feel like I'm gonna give its proper listens because these are two legends. But out the gate, it's not a bunch of Who's gonna save my souls?
Speaker 1: Now? M hm, that's not this album. No, totally different vibe.
Speaker 2: But but there's there's joints on there. I'm curious. Give it a listening and text to let me really Barkley fl really.
Speaker 4: Never a big big Narles Barkley fan. I'll give it a try, but I was never Bigles.
Speaker 2: Sorry why I always love Norles Barkleys because they tricked the masses with crazy and fuck you, and then you got to their albums and it was like, nah, this ain't that. Yeah, we're not this pop group that you think we are. See Lo and Danger Mouse. We can stay on music before we get out of here. Did you see that they've been killing Hebro for the past week?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Before what exactly I've seen? I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: I guess on hebro ass?
Speaker 5: Yeah, hebro ass?
Speaker 1: What hero do now? Man?
Speaker 5: But is he lying?
Speaker 1: He's lying?
Speaker 5: Lying?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, well ten years ago and I'm paraphrasing here some apologies Hebro Ten years ago. Uzzie went on Hot ninety seven and Lake Drama. Everyone that told him like no, USI he raps real, which Uzi does rap when he feels like rapper. Wuz he can rap when he wants to, not saying that happens all the time, but UZI can rap when he wants.
Speaker 1: I can rap him when I want to know, I mean like like actually rap, yeah, my bad? All right, even to fucking do you? And Sade?
Speaker 5: How I get in there?
Speaker 2: So he was on there and Ero wanted him to rap over some boom bad beat and Uzi was like, I don't rap on this type of shit and I remember that, and Ebro again paraphrasing, was like, well that's what rappers can rap it anytime on any beat. If you're just trying to pick and choose, that's why you may not be here. I'll still be here in ten years, meaning I'll still be a hot the radio station will be here, I'll be here everything in that regardless how everyone interpreted that. Ten years later, the anniversary pops up and they start comparing what happened to Ebro in ten years and where Uzi's at, because Uzi said he was a rock star, and he was like, you're not a rock star. You're not gonna be here in ten years.
Speaker 1: And now ten years later.
Speaker 4: Okay, and so Ebro's direct quote is I think they're celebrating that. He's referring to Uzi still around. I lost a job and he got more money and he's still here. But I ask you, while his hit song is going around right now, are you guys highly anticipating in Uzi vert out?
Speaker 1: I love e Bro.
Speaker 2: That's a fucking dodge. Come on, man, you know they're not celebrating that clip because Uzi's still here in ten years that everyone's not going yo, Uzi still here a decade later. No, they're laughing that you said you would still be here and Uzi wouldn't and you're not there, and Uzi is still an A to B list artist when he drops. Uzi still does crazy tickets. Am I anticipating in Uzi album? That was such an unfair question because everyone that he was talking to in that room, like myself included, is not Uzi's audience. There's so many people still anticipating in Uzi vert album.
Speaker 1: We out of our fucking minds. Though true huge fan base, even.
Speaker 2: Though one of his his albums was a bit of a dud to his own fans, all of our favorite rappers sometimes have a dud. If you are sitting here saying I think they're celebrating he's still around.
Speaker 1: But yo, are y'all even in just like no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: But his family there's one hundred thousand kids that are anticipating a little UZI ver.
Speaker 1: Out, Like what do you talk about right show?
Speaker 5: We're not the audience for that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: See, this is why I love it.
Speaker 2: Hebro hero Hebro is really really good at at like pr He knows how to word things very well because he's been in this business for forty years.
Speaker 1: I think they're celebrating that he's still around. No, you don't, Hebro.
Speaker 2: Ebro is one of the smartest people. I bet you don't think that. You know, you get in clown for that and you diverted.
Speaker 1: Oh he know, he got to know he get killed for that, like that what he thought was gonna happen, Like and that's what they're supposed to do. Now that what is it ten years since she said that? Oh yeah, they're supposed to kill him for that twenty sixteen. Yeah, as they should kill Ebro.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm joking.
Speaker 2: Man said, I don't think UZI has set out to be the quintessential rapper. What a quintessential rapper is. I don't think that's what he's been trying to do. I think that's the part where it's fan base and people who love what he does really love him because he's the con try to do other things and said, but that's what he was trying to explain to you in twenty sixteen. But that Yeah, yeah, you explaining what he tried to explain to you in twenty sixteen that you didn't understand is fucking hilarious. Yeah, yeah, And I'm with ero, especially in twenty sixteen. We all come from that clause. If you say you could rap and I throw on a beat, you don't. You shouldn't be able to pick what beat or what sound A rapper should be able to do. That sounds of shange, though, UZI was trying to explain to you that's not what I do.
Speaker 3: And part of the reason why Ouzie is still popping is because he didn't try to just be the quintessential rapper. Yeah, because he definitely would have been out of here if he was trying to do that, Like, ain't nobody, No, he had to be as colorful as an artist as different. He had to be that artist to still be relevant and just still have the fan base he has today.
Speaker 2: Like he had to do that, And I mean that's where I give Drama Lake Cannon the most credit. Like they built their labeled with Jack and other artists. The fact that they heard Uzi because they got old ass ears like me. The fact that they heard Uzi and saw that vision and fully understood it, to me makes them the best execs of generation. Like the name of the fucking label, y'all are from the era of mixtapes and rappers. How did you see this kid in a fucking kilt and go, you know what?
Speaker 1: I get it? We got something?
Speaker 2: And clearly they were fucking rich. No, for sure, because I would have heard that and be like, I mean, it's not for me. I don't know if I could sit and find your vision. You should find someone that can. But yeah, you just gotta you gotta take that one on the chick.
Speaker 3: I am with Ebro though I'm not anticipating no UZI album, Well you wouldn't. Yeah, like I sold, That's what I'm saying. I understand Ebro and that Like it's.
Speaker 2: Like that's such a cop, all right, if you're telling someone they're not going to be here and I will be and I'm not there anymore. And ten years later, you're asking a room full of people that are not Uzy fans if they're anticipating something.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest cop out ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ask Twitters, Twitter, are you anticipating at Uzi album? Outside of the actual trolls that would just be there to tatrol, You're going to get a bunch of Uzi fans saying, yeah.
Speaker 5: The kids are into pain and Uzi album.
Speaker 1: He's there, They're not.
Speaker 5: He's there.
Speaker 2: J Cole facts Like, I've seen Uzi perform multiple times at festivals.
Speaker 1: It's a different level of fan base.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's definitely not it's not for me.
Speaker 2: Bro When he hits them shoulders, people think, but he's his hips.
Speaker 3: There's no denying his star power. Though, there's no denying that he's definitely a star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he wanted to do other things, Yeah, he Bro. He tried to explain that to you. He's a whole office at Rock Nation that's just dedicated to cutting.
Speaker 5: So is Ebra having a rough years, like a rough year?
Speaker 1: You think so?
Speaker 2: I think it was a blessing that that they got out of Hot ninety seven. Probably, I definitely think We're Hot was going. I think that was perfect for that. I actually think Ebro's probably having an amazing year to get out of that something that was a burden at that point for you. Hebro's doing great.
Speaker 1: I like to add ons with their show as well at Apple.
Speaker 2: I like the guys that they added in. I think that that just brings more conversation everything. Yeah, Bro, Ebro likes to be hated, which he's admitted, and he's extremely good at talking. Ebro will always be fine. Hebro actually has talent, he has perspective. Ebro will always be fine. And people don't know what he does behind the scenes for Apple too. He's not just a talking head.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So no, I'm I think Ebro's I think he is doing just fun.
Speaker 4: You know I didn't when I said a tough year, I didn't mean not financially. No, no, no, of course, of course you're saying like puperception. Yeah, yeah, public perception.
Speaker 1: May shout out to Ebro. Laurel Styles and Rosenberg.
Speaker 2: They had Ero's daughter on their show, told about her flag football league, like that was like the fly shit ever to me. Have your daughter plugged her flag football league on your podcast. Amar is gonna come here and just paint for two hours right while we're recording. One day, all the kids are coming on you. Hurry up, have some kids. We're doing the kids' cast.
Speaker 5: I'm having him in two years, two three, three years?
Speaker 1: Do we know we know the father yet? Do you know him?
Speaker 5: I don't know him?
Speaker 1: Like what we talking about? We don't know? You don't know him yet?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know. I might know him, might not, I don't know Whoever. The yellow brick road leads me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna treat you like this, UZI e bro in ten years, I'll be like, y'all, I thought you ain't noticed it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I can't wait till I see you you have a baby with Yeah, I'm bla in the marriage. I thought you said you ain't noticed. You're gonna be a god dad for sure? Okay for sure? I mean I could be the Godfather. I want me to dress up as a godfather too, like on the whole, like, what do you mean god followed the movie? I got to wear like that suit, that hat, oh cold on over this? Nah, the God's fine, the silks golf. I gotta have the silkscf on.
Speaker 2: Do the suit with the burbon, he said to godspeed the gods.
Speaker 1: The gods met Father, I am the God's feet Father. Yeah, put that on it. Put the silk scarf on, right. No, you wouldn't want me to do that.
Speaker 5: No, I just want you to, you know, train him up in the way of men.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. Oh yeah, that's easy. I got you. I cankay Prince to Rihanna. Yeah, thank thank god she was.
Speaker 3: Thank god thing got her. Family is safe. Rihanna's home was shot up. A woman shot at Rihanna's home, and I think Beverly Hills, right, yeah, she was how Rihanna was home?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't have it happen? Oh she was. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I thought she wasn't home. She's christ Thank God.
Speaker 5: I think her her, the kids, I think they were all home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the woman was. She was uh apprehended.
Speaker 3: She was arrested and she's booked on the tempted murder charges and that carries a thirty five year sentence if convicted.
Speaker 1: So hopefully that woman is convicted and gets thirty five years in prison.
Speaker 3: Just shooting at anybody's home is crazy, like, I don't you know, obviously this woman is not mentally you know there, But either way.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no sympathy for that. You shoot at somebody's house, you should face the maximum penalty. So glad Rihan and her family are safe.
Speaker 3: I'm glad anybody else that was in that area is safe because we did see years ago mister Clarence Avon when his home was invaded, his wife was killed in their kitchen. Ram person just broke into the house and shot us. So sit like this is scary, but you know, this is the world we live in. So gras to Rihanna her family and thank god that did safe.
Speaker 1: I don't want to speak anything into existence.
Speaker 2: I'm just observing how the internet works now, how the stand world works now.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I hope we don't start to see more of this, And in my head, I'm thinking We're going to start to see more of this. But I'm trying not to be pessimistic or speak anything negative in the world. But the way people are moving, how accessible celebrities are, how easy it is to get the address and know where people are, and how sick in the head. Social media has made some of these stand groups. It would not shock me if this does not become more of a thing.
Speaker 1: No, but that's want this. I want her to get thirty five years. You got to set the.
Speaker 2: Example if you should even throw a book at her, If you shoot into a house with kids in it, I understand that's not a murder charge. That with carry's life, but it should be more than thirty five years. I don't know if therapy is gonna if this woman's gonna come out in thirty five.
Speaker 1: Years and be rehabilitating that therapy shit. No that I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think that this woman with thirty five years of therapy go sit in that cell for thirty five years.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying in jail when she's doing her thirty five years.
Speaker 2: Usually when people are arrested and face insanity, they maybe end up in certain jails where they'll have a therapist or something because they're mentally insane. I'm saying, fuck all that. I don't think therapy is going to change this woman in thirty five years. I don't think she's gonna come out rehabilitated. I think that's still a danger to society. If you're sick in the head, enough to go in front of someone's house that you do not know, but because they're a celebrity and start shooting into their house with kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. I don't know if you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna come out in thirty five and be like, you know what, that was a different I.
Speaker 1: Learned my lesson. Yeah, nah, give them thirty five years.
Speaker 3: Keep people like that off the streets because, like you said, innocent people just in their home and somebody shooting at them.
Speaker 1: You need to make an example out of that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before we get out of here. Also, speaking of Ero, Stove God was on Apple talking about his project he has pushing t in Westside Gun are the only features completely produced by Swizz Beats. I love Swizz front of the show, our brother in arms. I will be honest, I think this is either going to be absolutely amazing or completely missed.
Speaker 1: I don't think they'll be a middle ground.
Speaker 2: I don't know how like I feel, you understand what you're saying. I love Swizz a lot, one of the greatest producers ever. If he's not locked in and Stove God is his only priority in focus, it would make me nervous. But I do think Stove God is really great at picking beats, so I hope that off.
Speaker 3: Great at picking beats, great at writing hooks, so great at melodies, great melodies, great at bars. I hope he's just as involved in the production.
Speaker 1: I hope it's not. Here's ten beats I made you rap on them?
Speaker 3: Now what a song that they put out the Swiss joint the first record, so we got ten more of those?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all all's good. Alls, Well, I do.
Speaker 2: Hope Swizz is heavily involved with the visuals and directing the music, the artistic creativity, artistic direction of it all. Yeah, because Swizz Swiss is great at that stuff. But yeah, I'm excited for that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, good to see you guys. Good to be back with the Gang Gang Gang.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir baby, check out that Yeba project. Check it out some joints on there. Just don't end up in Montana. You might just end up in a car and just you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I like to go for walks with music like that.
Speaker 1: Walks you're about to.
Speaker 5: Want to eat crib.
Speaker 1: You're about to be in Rhode Island, So don't worry about it. You walk, get roade out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's a good nature, walk on. You could walk to Rhode Island on it definitely put Just go to Central Park. Yeah good yeah, sixty five seventy degrees out, perfect time. Just listen to Yether and go to Central Park and just walk around. You might see Kevin McAllister, who knows you might who knows it's nice out.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk to y'all soon. Be safe, be blessed. I'm that nigga. He's just Ginger. That's baby d No willian No