Speaker 1: Hey, they're folks, and welcome to Amy and TJ presents the Diddy Trial. This is Wednesday, May fourteenth, which represents day three of testimony in the Diddy trial. In day two was absolutely captivating roads. There's a lot of people know there are no cameras being allowed in the courtroom, so there is a whole bunch of places you can go and try to pluck and figure out exactly what happened in court. So we decide we're actually doing this right here to kind of all put it in one place and kind of give you the latest, the updates and maybe what's most important that's come out of the trial so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting because you do have to go to several different sources to piece together what was said in court because there was so much to go through. Yesterday's testimony with Ditty's ex girlfriend Cassie Ventura, was you said, captivating. It was so difficult to hear. It's mind boggling to hear what she claims happened to her over a ten year period. But man, does she get into the details and they are.
Speaker 1: Gic, gripping and graphic graphic. Is certainly want to give your heads up here, folks, A lot of what you're going to hear hear us describe over the next several minutes is absolutely gripping. But yes, it is absolutely graphic detail and descriptions of those infamous free coughs I think robes. When he was first arrested, in the story first start coming out, rightly or wrongly, a lot of headlines were about the salaciousness, if you will, of these freak coughs, these sex parties and baby oil and all these things. But she gave us a different type of accounting and more detailed than we've heard so far.
Speaker 2: Probably baby oil, I feel like those were the two words that everyone was talking about, and how much baby oil was found in his homes when they were rated by police. But she certainly talks about how it was used and how drugs were used, how she didn't sleep for days, she claims, because she was hopped up on drugs. And she talks about what the hotel rooms look like after these freak offs. She said that linen's were stained with blood and urine and baby oil and just the destruction that took place in some of these rooms, she claimed.
Speaker 1: So let's get to what was day two? So this is when, Yes, Cassie Ventura took the stance. She has absolutely star witnessed in this case. She's the one who was in a relationship with Ditty for about ten years. They were on and off, but this is his former girlfriend. Now. She entered the courtroom yesterday and by all accounts, she didn't look at him at all. She is thirty eight year old woman now who is married, who is about to have another child, she's eight months pregnant, in the courtroom testifying well some pretty awful stuff, and they say she gestured at time and holding her stomach is what several places were describing.
Speaker 2: Yes, And in fact, Ditty's lawyers were so concerned about how that would play for the jury because she had I think she's eight and a half months pregnant. She is literally about to give birth, and they were concerned. Diddy's attorneys were concerned that that might make some of the jurors more sympathetic and cause problems for Ditty in terms of just his believability, because people obviously have sympathy for what she's saying she went through in addition to her current her current condition. So they asked that she be seated. The whole time. They didn't want jurors to see her standing up, They didn't want to have durors see her walking in. But yeah, she walked in eight and a half months pregnant, as you pointed out, didn't look at him, but by the folks who saw him in the court and said he turned his head and watched her walk all the way up to the witness stands.
Speaker 1: And a reminder her of folks. We call her a star witness, but I think it's fair, is it not right Robes that we can say she is the one who maybe started this snowball going downhill for Diddy when she was suing him for I think I don't know if the amount was out at the time, but she was suing him for millions and millions of dollars for how she was treated. He said he wasn't going to settle. I think did the video come out, and I think twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Later everything changed, correct, So yeah, she filed a lawsuit I believe it was back in twenty twenty three, claiming much of what we're hearing in court today about what happened to her. And yes, he settled that lawsuit immediately when that video came out, but that, of course, then got the attention of federal officials who then started to investigate did he And that's when all of this actually became a legal issue for him.
Speaker 1: So thirty million dollars is what she got from him. But then here come lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuits. So there have been dozens of lawsuits, as you know, people coming after him in civil suits having to do with how they alleged he treated him. But this is now a criminal case. The federal authorities launched a federal case, so that is what he's dealing with. Now. Five federal counts could get life in prison. But their star witness took the stand. And we have to remember Robes and this is something we look at her now. She's adult, she's composed, she's thirty eight now, but she was nineteen years old when they met, he signed her. Can you go back that long, some twenty years and remember just how on top of the world he was. And for the idea of a nineteen year old starting out for Sean Diddy Combs to sign you and to show you attention. Your daughter just turned nineteen. And when I put it in that kind of context, to think of how young, how immature you are at that point. That struck me.
Speaker 2: You know, I get chills a lot, But as soon as I heard nineteen, you hit it. I have a daughter who literally just turned nineteen. She doesn't know anything about anything.
Speaker 1: And yes, easily to be offensive, that's just what it is.
Speaker 2: I didn't know anything when I was nineteen, so easily influenced. You have big stars in your eyes. You actually think the best of people, not the worst. You don't know to think that, You don't think anything like that could happen to you. And so, yes, she's nineteen, she's starstruck, and now he's paying her attention. After he signs her to his label, he literally has control over her career. I believe he signed her to a ten year album deal. She revealed in court that she made ten albums but only one got released because he had control over everything in her life.
Speaker 1: And again, I can't imagine how star struck you would be at that point. This is the guy that can make all of your dreams come true, and he's telling you how wonderful you are. So they met or she signed at nineteen, but they didn't start dating immediately, she says in her testimony, she didn't want to date him and wasn't interested in him in that way, but twenty first birthday party, he kisses her unexpectedly and unwanted, and she said it took her a little while to get comfortable with the idea of dating him, because that's not just something that was on her mind at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she says that within that first year of dating him, they weren't public, but he had just mentioned voyeurism to her, that it was a fantasy of his to watch other men have sex with her. So it didn't happen right away. Obviously, they had an intimate relationship where it was just the two of them, at least that's what she thought until he brings up this idea.
Speaker 1: And she mentioned as well, I mean this was the start, the first time they had again. She describes all this on the stand. The first time they had sex was on a boat, I believe in Miami. She says she was hopped up on ecstasy at the time that he had given her. So from the very beginning of an intimate relationship, he's feeding her and she's still she's an adult at this point, but feeding her drugs. This is kind of I guess set the stage for what their relationship was going to be. And you think, well, why would she do this, why would she participate? Why would she stick around? She didn't think she had a choice. This is the guy, like you just said, had control of what.
Speaker 2: Her career and her life and her money and her and her opportunity. And I think that's a huge thing. When you're that young, you're thinking about what you're wanting, and then once you realize you're in bed literally with a man who has total control over your career and has power like no one else truly in that community, in that music community. He was the guy. So you're going to go against him, You're going to tell him no when he can literally make or break your career. This is what she describes. And so when he asked her to have sex with other men while he watched, she said she felt like she couldn't turn him down because she wanted to make him happy. She says she was in love with him, and then she went on to give incredibly graphic details about what happened during those sex parties.
Speaker 1: And those sex parties, she's again, it was a year into them dating until he first mentioned that, and she said, she yes, she went along with this first one, the first couple, but then they became weekly occurrences. This was happening every single week, she said, in every single one of them robes, she was high as she could be. She was on whatever drug that he gave her, or she could be on, and she wanted to be because, in her words, she needed a buffer to dissociate from the experience.
Speaker 2: Awful makes sense, I mean, I get that. She says she was on mushrooms, ecstasy, cocaine, marijuana, any drug that was available, and she said there were always drugs available. She talked about having to look up the male escorts and then show did He the pictures of them to make sure he approved. They had to be black males, and she said she didn't know many of them by their names, but she talked about one that was referred to as and this is disturbing the punisher. And that's when she says did he would watch and pleasure himself while she had sex with other men. Sometimes he was in the corner in the room. The rooms were dark. He had the lighting the way he wanted it, she claimed. Sometimes it was candle light, sometimes it was lighting like you'd see in a music video, but he'd if he wasn't in the room. She says, he would watch on FaceTime and he would direct, as if he was directing a porno or a movie, what he wanted them to do and how long he wanted.
Speaker 1: Them to do it. So what she's describing now on the stand, and she was on the stand for six hours yesterday, but what she was describing became her job, right. This is a young woman who nineteen twenty twenty one, twenty two years old. She thinks her career was about to take off, and instead her main job and focus of her life became pleasuring this guy with this fantasy that she said that he had. And yeah, she got into a lot. You said he directed robes. One of the big things she said he directed was how much and even the temperature of the baby oil?
Speaker 2: Yeah with U. And she said that she would have to reapply the baby oil as often as every five minutes, because she said that he wanted their bodies to be glistening. That's the word she used. And she said that they would use up to ten bottles per sex session. That's hard to get your head around. She said. One time they even filled up a blow up pool in a hotel room that was just full of heated baby oil, and she was told to get in with her shoes and her outfit on so again that she would glisten. I think one of the most disgusting parts, I mean, this is all hard to digest, but is when she described what she was forced to do. She claims with the male escort, which involved urination.
Speaker 1: And it looks it's awful. She and we say this, we are talking about an adult, a grown woman who's about to have another child. Her husband is sitting in the courtroom having to hear this crap. And you give her credit for she has to face this guy in court. Yes, innocent until proven guilty, and this is what we have a trial for. But this is what she described that there were times that the male escort and Combs would actually urinate on her. She said she did, she felt disgusted and humiliated, but she continued to go along with these parties and the humiliation, all for the sake of trying to make this man happy.
Speaker 2: What struck me too is when she was describing one of those moments, she said she actually would start choking where she actually thought she couldn't breathe, and she'd have to lift up her hands to get ditty. She says, to allow it to stop. I mean that I cannot. It makes I mean, it just makes any woman or anyone want to cry even thinking about being in that position, or being put in that position, or feeling like you couldn't get out of that position. And so you think about what's happening. What she says is happening, And she says they went on for days, sometimes as little as thirty six hours, sometimes as long as four days, she says, with no sleep.
Speaker 1: Now that sounds wild, but the idea there. She said she was on drugs to the point that it kept her awake for all this time. Now you're going through this physical exertion. You're going through this obviously a mental I can't imagine how someone might feel at the end of two days, three days.
Speaker 2: Four days, she'd say she was dehydrated. She was you know, she hadn't slept, she hadn't had proper nutrition, proper hydration, I mean, all of those things. And so you've got all of this going on. But also, she claims under the threat of constant physical violence from Diddy. She claims that if she made the wrong face, she would get hit in the face. If she acted like she didn't want to do something, she would be she would be dragged, she would be hit, she would have things thrown at.
Speaker 1: Her, and look one of the like you said, I think MoMA was one of the most searing images of this whole trial obviously has to be that video that we all saw. It was the one that CNN obtained up Hire in the hallway, dragging, kicking, beating her in that hotel. Well, it turns out, she testified yesterday, that was her trying to escape a freak off in that hotel. What you saw there, she explains now, her trying to get away from one of these awful sex parties. She said, in particular, there was something going on th wh was she had to be in public or something she actually didn't want.
Speaker 2: She had a big movie premiere within a few days, and then she ended up getting a black eye because of it. She says from that video that unfortunately we have all seen. But she actually this was a quote from her while she was testifying about little small arguments that they might have had. She said they would suddenly turn violent. She said that Diddy would smash me in my head, knock me over, drag me, kick me, stop me in the head if I had fallen down and you pointed this out. All of this is heartbreaking. All of this is disgusting, but something she responded to. She was asked if there was anything she enjoyed about the experience.
Speaker 1: Her response was what the time spent with him.
Speaker 2: She loved him.
Speaker 1: That sucks. She was just a young girl. That just sucks. Look and a lot of this, yes, is salacious, and a lot of the details, and what the defense is arguing here is that don't get caught up in the salacious details. This is not a case about domestic violence, right you all are charging him with sex trafficking. This would be a different situation if this case were about his domestic violence. It's not. So they're saying, just because you're seeing these awful things, and just because you saw that video, it doesn't mean that the government has a legitimate case against this man. It is all you're going to see. And they say they're going to show these freak offs in court, and we should mention as well that journalists have been asking to see them as well, and a judge at this point at least is said no.
Speaker 2: But he did seem like perhaps he was willing to hear the arguments for First Amendment rights. Obviously, the concern is there are victims or alleged victims here who are naked, and so obviously there are privacy issues that are like massive here.
Speaker 1: What was that? And forgive me, he said, what's the date? He's given them a timeline to respond, I believe, to put in an argument for whether or not he's going to let journalists. But he's expecting to your point, they are expecting some types of arguments to be made by several sides about it, and they want look pool reporters. It wouldn't be just showing an opening court to everybody, but they would have a couple of pool reporters look at it and then be able to report back.
Speaker 2: What they saw what they saw, you know. And we're also expecting Cassie is back up on the stand today and she will be cross examined, but we are expecting her to detail what she claims was an actual rape by Diddy. And you mentioned her husband is in the courtroom. The defense did not want him in the courtroom. They said that they may actually call him to testify on their side to corroborate what they're claiming, and so they didn't want him to hear her testimony. A compromise was made, and so when she does go into those details about what she says was rape, he will have to leave the courtroom, and that happens. But otherwise he is listening to all of this. I'm sure he's heard it before. I'm sure they've obviously talked about this, but that still has to be such a sickening, unthinkable experience for a husband to hear his wife describe.
Speaker 1: And I to listen to her now, and there were so many pictures of her, and I think a lot of the coverage we have seen her on the red carpet at the met We have seen so many different images of her standing next to him, and I don't know their stars and they're supposed to be sexy sometimes and all this. But then I looked earlier at some pictures of her, when she first was coming out of first becoming a star. There was a youth and energy, a life to her eyes. This is me editorializing now, but there was a different look and a youth and an excitement, and there was something in her early on that it made me look and made me think about Adelise, like, wow, nineteen, Yeah, she's a kid.
Speaker 2: She's a kid.
Speaker 1: She's a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And he was thirty six, eventeen years older than her. And we talk about age differences sometimes, but you know, it's one of those points when you're a certain age, it isn't I hate to say a fair fight, but you just don't have the ability to handle yourself in a reciprocal way when you're that age, when you're under twenty one even or in your early twenties, versus someone who has lived a lot more life and has a lot more power than you.
Speaker 1: Okay, there it is. There is an age difference and experienced difference, but there's a power imbalance the likes of which you can't even get bigger than this one. No starving artists trying to struggle in the business with a guy who can make you a star in an instant.
Speaker 2: And has a staff around him. This is a big part of the prosecution's case. A staff almost an empire around him, doing his bidding, whatever he wants, whatever he needs, whenever he wants it.
Speaker 1: So I did. I looked some other pictures of her, some younger pictures. In my goodness, Ugh, what are twenty years it has been for this young lady. And this was again day three. She's back on the stand cross examine nation from the defense. You know, that's probably going to be pretty intense in that courtroom. But the first couple of witnesses on the stand that were there for testimony yesterday and the day before, where two folks, one was a LA police officer who was the one who responded to that hotel incident, and the other ropes was a male escort by the name of Daniel Phillip, and everything they reported pretty much backed up, excuse me, everything they testified to backed up the testimony of.
Speaker 2: Correct absolutely Daniel Phillip, who is who is a manager of male strippers but also became a male escort and was the one initially who both Daniel and ventur acclaim did he had them perform sexual acts together while he watched. He said he saw violence, he said he saw anger. He said he saw a lot of that physical violence that ventur was talking about. He witnessed it personersonally. So he certainly corroborated what we've now been hearing from Ventura.
Speaker 1: Well, she will be back on the stands again, you see and no cameras in there, but some of you have seen an unknown robes. You've pointed them out every chance you can to me, and look, we've covered a whole bunch of trials. And when there's not a camera in the courtroom, you have very important. The courtroom artist becomes very very important. And I saw one of the drawings, like, what in the world is that? It showed an image of did he you know those crude courtroom drawings, but he was making the heart sign at his chest. I'm like, what in the world is that about. Well, it turns out he made that gesture to his family, I think specifically to his mother. When I first saw the image, I think he didn't do that to Cassie, did he? No, he did not. Did he did it to his family? I think he blew a kiss to his mom, who was in the courtroom, is how it was described. But his family's been showing up front row every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his mom is there, his children are there the first day, and I believe when the testimony gets graphic, at least the first day, his three daughters did leave the court room while that was happening. I cannot imagine having family members' children present when all of this is being alleged against you, but certainly a show of support for Diddy from his family who have stood by his side throughout all of.
Speaker 1: This, and it's incredible ropes. I'm sitting here, I'm facing out of our window here in downtown Manhattan, and there's just a couple of buildings that are blocking our view right now of the courthouse where this is happening. Two days. So it has been interesting down here downtown. I can't believe this trial is already here. Seemed like what long ago. He was just being arrested uptown last September, and here we are with the trial already. So we will try to Now we will continue to update you as it warrants, but it's so much out there and it is hard to try to put it all together, piece it all together. So we were hoping to do that for you all here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will keep you updated on the Diddy trial over the next couple of weeks. It's expected to go as long as eight weeks for a total of two months, so we will keep you updated. But in the meantime, thank you for listening to Amy and tej