Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Betting Pros. It's time to place your bets. It is me, Joey Pa Joe Pizzapia, and we did it. We made it. We're here. The NFL season has finally begun and we're gonna start looking ahead to the lines for week one, try to find some early values. And the Labor Day weekend is that big signal that the NFL season has begun, which is great because no more theoretical football. We got real football to talk about. Help me break it all down as Pat Fitzmorris and FITZI. You can follow obviously at Bettingpros dot com slash fits or you can follow me at Bettingpros dot com slash Joe and get in all the things that we're getting in. I know this weekend we're kind of going to coalesce around some games our favorite picks, and we want you to be involved in that too. Don't forget Bettingpros dot Com slash NFL contest. Go join. I'm in there, Fitzi's in there. We're all going to be joining this incredible it's a competition. Let's let's call it what it is and the way you do it is to go ahead and look for that community tab and just click that on the app and go find the NFL contest or just go to Bettingpros dot com slash NFL contest. All you have to do is make five picks a week and the winner on the season is gonna win the JSN autograph jersey, which is awesome. We're gonna have weekly winners too, We're gonna have monthly winners. We're giving away swag from Betting Pros, from Fantasy Pros, the new logos are up one year premium subscriptions to both apps. Amazing. And all you gotta do is make a minimum of one hundred picks during the season, So join from day one so you can get that jersey. If you're in on week one, there's a better chance you could be the overall winner. But remember you could join any time you want, and it's theoretical picking, and that's a great thing. And gosh darn it, Pat, I'm just happy football is back. And this is one of my favorite things because one of the signals of the new week and a fresh start is always this look ahead show that we do every week, which we will be doing in season every Monday, and this is like the biggest one because this is the beginning of the season. And also we know Week one always gets wacky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a full dose of college football under our and now we are days away from the Kansas City Chiefs and Detroit Lions kicking off the new season. I can't wait, Joe. It's been a great summer, a lot of golf, a lot of cookouts. But you know I'm ready for football, man.
Speaker 1: Yes i am too. So let's start with that game. Kansas City is hosting the Detroit Lions on Thursday night football. The best number you can get over on Betting Pro so, so we're gonna be looking through this. So six and a half on FanDuel on this bread, the plus side for Detroit, the minus on Kansas City at minus one ten six and a half. The fifty four and a half is the total right now. The best one you can get in the over, which is also on fandul, and then DK you can get fifty three and a half. And this is why the Betting pros app is the best. Okay, as I'm talking through these numbers, you'll see the different houses you get the best numbers all over the place obviously Detroit the heavy underdog and the money line plus two forty as they should be. The one number I keep coming back to on this one is it's early, so I think the fifty three and a half you know, on the on the under, it feels like a big number to me for a Thursday night game to start the season, where I just don't know if everybody's on the same page. You're ready to go yet, So if anything on this game, I'm looking towards the under a little bit. How about you, Pat, how do you see this one?
Speaker 3: Well, Joe?
Speaker 2: Over the last eight season openers the Kansas City Chiefs have played, they have averaged thirty six point four points.
Speaker 1: Like you bringing me back around? Okay, let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you give Andy Reid like weeks months to prepare an offensive game plan, lookout. And the weird thing is, Joe, Kansas City has won eight straight season openers under Andy Reid. But in those eight straight wins, they have allowed no fewer than twenty points in any of those wins, so it's not like their defense has been all that fine tune. The average point total in those eight games has been sixty point three points, So I actually do think there might be a little bit of value in the over here, Joe, Like, I think we're going to see some points, especially Chris Jones miss the entire preseason with his holdout for the Chiefs, him not being around as like or playing a reduced role, Like that's a big thing, Like he is a lynchman on their defense. Yeah, so, you know, like I and I think Joe, the Lions are going to be sort of fired up. Like we've both sort of agreed that the Lions hype train has gotten.
Speaker 3: A little too a little too much.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, Dan Campbell does seem like a pretty good motivator, and I think he's going to have his team pretty fired up to prove that they belong in this big stage. I mean, we know the Lions were a surprise selection for this game.
Speaker 3: No one saw that and a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people were like whoa. You know, the league is really all in on the Lions this year. I don't know if they really belong here, but they might be abut to prove a point that they do belong.
Speaker 3: And we know the Chiefs sometimes.
Speaker 2: Aren't great as a big home favorite. They struggle to cover some of these big numbers at times, and I'd love to see this number get to seven. I don't know if it's going to get there. You know, I'm waiting. I'm waiting, my fingers hovering over the button to take the Lions Joe, But I'm not there just yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this game doesn't really move the neal from me. Again, I keep going back to that total, although the statues threw me with the Andy Reid preparation now have sent shivers down my spine. However, again it's ken Detroit keep up there under the bargain too, with some of the new things that are going to be running through here. And this is the measuring stick, right, and I think Detroit's going to learn real quick how good they really are. This game, to me is more of a prop game. I'm looking for the Kelsey numbers. I'm looking for some Patrick Mahomes numbers, that stuff where I can, I think, feel a little bit more confident. Maybe the Aman ross Ain Brown reception number over like, That's kind of how I'm attacking this game as opposed to the lines Houston Baltimore. Let's move on here to Sunday. The total for this one you get at forty four right now across the board pretty much you're getting obviously Baltimore heavy favorites here. Minus ten is the best one you can get right now for this. If you like Houston to upset the Baltim Ravens at plus three seventy five, I don't think you're gonna get that. But Pat, any love for this game whatsoever, any early value in your opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more Week one trends for you, Joe. Since Jim John Harbaugh again coaching the Ravens in two thousand and eight, they are seven and one in home Week one games, and they've beaten their well, they've outscored their opponents. Even factoring in that one loss, they've outscored their opponents by an average of nineteen point four points a game. So their last three opponents in home openers in Week one have scored seven points or fewer. And the Ravens are good, the Texans are bad. The Ravens are tough at home. I'm gonna lay the points here, Like I don't mind the big number.
Speaker 1: It is a big number, especially this time of year, But yeah, I'm leading that way as well. In fact, my favorite thing of this is probably to make some money to go for Zay Flowers anytime touchdown scorer in this game. That's the one that's gonna stand out to me. Wherever you get a good plus money number on that one, you're gonna get it everywhere. I would look for that one. I am in on Za Flowers this year. Carolina and Atlanta. Let's go the Bjeon Robinson debut. I'm excited for this, also the Bryce Young debut. Now, the number you're getting on this one, the best over is at Sugarhouse at forty. That's a flat number right now. The under thirty nine and a half. You can get on DK at minus one oh eight. So far, Atlanta four point favorites in this one. That's the way this is looking. You can get Carolina at plus three and a half. If you like Carolina for the just straight up upset, it's plus one sixty. I guess the biggest concern I have right now in this game and the reason why I think this line is kind of on the right side. Even I like Atlanta. Four is kind of like pushing the envelope for me here. But I keep coming back to the protection or lack thereof, of Bryce Young, and that wears me a little bit in this game. How do you feel about this one? In the early look in week one, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's weird that line hasn't been better. I mean, they've got Ikey Iwanu, who's one of the better young offensive lineman. James Campen is a really good offensive line coach. The Panther did look terrible in the preseason, Joe. They lost all three of their games. They were humiliated by the Jets twenty seven to nothing. But even though the Falcons have become sort of this public darling, I think this year, or at least in the.
Speaker 1: Nfin public darling, or you think they're the sharp darling, because I feel like all the sharps we've had on the show, and I'm not gonna throw myself in that grouping, but I was on the Falcons coming into the season as well. Almost every sharp person we've had on the show has been pointing to the Falcons. But do you think they're public yet?
Speaker 2: Maybe they might not be. It might be more of a sharp darling thing. I think you're right on that, But I do think they're getting more attention in the NFC South, and I know people I've talked to who have bet NFC South Division winner have all been on the Falcons almost unanimously. It's kind of weird, and like, I still think the Panthers can be the equal of the Falcons, believe it or not, Joe, Like, as bad as they've looked in the preseason, I think Bryce Young could possibly hit stride early just because he's this high floor guy who everyone says is kind of a savant as a playmaker, and I think he's going to like get to his max potential pretty quickly. Maybe not week one of his rookie season, but pretty quickly. And Frank Reich really does have one of the best staffs of assistant coaches in the league, just like kind of all star assistants at more or less coaching every unit. So like, I think this team could be a sneaky overachiever. I actually kind of like that You're getting the hook at three and a half here. So I've taken the Panthers. I took them a while ago. I'm probably not going to double down and put any additional money on the Panthers, but I sort of like them as a sneaky cover here in what should be a pretty low scoring game. Let's face it, I mean the Falcons love to run the ball, as they should with Desmond Rider at quarterback. The Panthers offense not really ready for prime time just yet. These are not high powered offenses. Joe, I think this could be a rock fight, low scoring game. So I kind of like the Panthers with the points and the under here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look kind of I see where you're going in these individual matchups too. You know, whenever we open up the season with those, I think that's always, you know, a fun thing because those games are typically a little tougher to gauge regardless, you know, because there's familiarity. But there's so much new here, you know, new quarterback in Carolina obviously Bejean, which is so waiting for some of those numbers to come out on him. We have a lot of Carolina props. But again, I'm attacking the individuals in this game more than attacking the game itself because there's a little bit more unknown there. Let's get to another one too, Cincinnati, maybe a limited Joe Burrow. It looks like potentially we're we're still getting more updates here as we're approaching the weekend on that they're gonna go to Cleveland to play the Browns, and this is you know, I know this is so dumb pack because it's Week one, but I'm gonna say it anyway. This is kind of a statement for the Browns. I feel like week one, like you, you can go out there and potentially get an upset in this game if you are in the Cleveland Browns and really make a statement. The number here for Cleveland is plus two and a half. They are dogs, which we always love. And if there is a moment here of you know where maybe joe Be's a little rusty, maybe you catch him napping a little bit, maybe the Bengals think, you know, hey, we're you know, we're the class of the AFC. We're gonna go prove it. We overlook the Cleveland brown This is a big show me game, and I think one of the ones that I circle on this Week one schedule that I think Cleveland has a shot. The number is forty eight on the total. If you like Cleveland to win outright, you get plus one to twenty on the money line. That's how I would approach this one. To be honest with you, I like this Cleveland number on the plus money home dogs we always love in Division they've got new weapons like Elijah More Nick Chubb's gonna run the hell out of the football. Hopefully Watson can continue to bounce back. To me, this is the big trap game of the week. How do you feel about this one?
Speaker 2: Same here, Joe money line seems like a really good play on the Browns to me. And I think this would be a reasonable shot to take even if Joe Burrow was totally fine and had never gotten hurt and had a full preseason or whatever. But with Burrow being iffy too, and you're gonna give us that path, like if we don't see a sharp Joe Burrow. So yeah, I do like this one. I also kind of like the under here, Joe. It seems like a really high total. We know that Cleveland is Cleveland Browns Stadium can be one of the windiest places to play, Like the wind can wreak havoc with passing and kicking games. So like that total seems pretty tall with whether you know, win possibly being a factor and Joe Burrow maybe not being one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just it's not that like Joe Burrow can't still be good. It's just you haven't played football in four weeks right, Like, I'm just kind of throwing that out there, and then he's going on the road, and there's a lot of things here where I think, if anything, Pat I would continue to watch his moneyline number because it's sitting a plus one twenty on VP right now. And this is why you download the app. We have the new redesign. This is how you stay on top of all the notivocations of all the lines that move when you sink your sports books. This is the glory of betting pros. And what we're trying to do here is that I think when the Joe Burrows good to go, he's cleared. If everything's great, I think this line's gonna move a little bit. And I think that plus one twenty goes up to plus one thirty or one fifty even, and you know when it does, I'm gonna bet it there too, because I think that's exactly what's gonna happen on the next game here on our list. In week one, San Fran goes to Pittsburgh, another home dog FITZI. I'm looking at my chops on this one. We still have no Nick Boson news as of today. As of us recording this now, again, that could change at any moment. It seemed that rock Perty is going to get the start. They are the Pittsburgh Steelers two and a half point underdogs here on DK minus one ten. That's the best number you can get right now. Forty one is the number sometimes forty one and a half in some other spots. But once again, I'm looking at Pittsburgh here as a potential upset where San fran Is still trying to kind of find its way a little bit. In my opinion, I think the Steelers are gonna pull San Francisco down to their level, make him play in the mud. They're gonna run the football and run the football and run the football some more. And I like Pittsburgh to win this game out right too.
Speaker 2: I like everything you said, Joe, accept the part about San Francis Pittsburgh pulling San Francisco down to their level, because I don't think they really have to pull him down.
Speaker 3: Like Pittsburgh went.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh went seven and two after their bye last week, and they ranked six sixth in total DVO way over that stretch. They were one of the best teams in the league over the second half of the twenty twenty two regular season, and we know, you know, Mike Tomlin regular season winning percentage of six thirty six in his sixteen years as head coach of the Steelers never has had a five sub five hundred season. Pittsburgh is a really live dog here against a West Coast team coming out east, and Pittsburgh has looked great in the preseason, like that offense has actually been humming with Kenny Pickett and company, and the defense has added some really nice pieces. Joe like, I don't get this line. I think they should be like a pick them. I think it should be a pick. I'm like, huge value. This is my favorite favorite play of the week.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's gonna move either, because you know, Pittsburgh is a very public team, right, a lot of Steeler fans everywhere, So I don't know if there's gonna be any momentum switch on this game. All I know is it's good enough where it is right now to invest in it now and then wait and see and maybe you get lucky. You're like, oh, I'm glad I did when I did, and maybe it gets even better, like I'm saying about the Browns, where I might just bet at the second talk, get a better number on it, and just stay with the theme. Also, if you're watching the show here, don't forget to subscribe to the Betting Pros YouTube channel because we're gonna be hosting NFL shows here almost every single day during the season, talking about props, talking about betting. We're doing our Thursday night football previews, our Monday night football previews. So when you subscribe and drop a comment below, you could win an Aaron Jones autograph jersey thanks to of course, Betting Pro. So all you have to do again subscribe, click the little bell till it goes ding, and drop a comment below. Give us your picks for week one. Who do you like? Who do you not like? You tell us and the Aaron Jones jersey can be yours. That's it. It's real simple. But don't forget to click the bell so you know exactly if you are the winner of the Aaron Jones jersey. Let's get to the next game on our list here. Fitzy, the Washington Commanders seven point home favorites. I haven't said those words in a long time. I feel like the words Washington Commanders and seven point home favorites really just never quite come to fruition. But the Arizona Cardinals are that bad. Thirty eight and a half is the number here on this bad boy, pretty much across the board. I do not like Arizona and the upside plus do sixty five if anything fitsy. This is kind of a stay away from me. Maybe the thirty eight and a half. I'm on the under just because. But again, this game just doesn't have all that much appeal to me. Too many weird moving parts, and sometimes like the teams that aren't great are the hardest when they play each other to really make a good wager on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny like Washington Joe, not a team that really engenders a great deal of public confidence in you know, the last several decades. But is it possible the Commanders are going to be like the most popular Survivor pool pick this week against the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: The Cardinals are going to be.
Speaker 2: People are just gonna follow the Cardinals around in Survivor pools like band groupies this year, Like who are the Cardinals playing? I'm picking their opponent, And yeah, I mean it's hard to push the button on the Commanders as a seven point favorite. I'm pushing the button on the Commander's Show, like that the Cardinals don't even want to win like they are.
Speaker 3: They are full on tank mode.
Speaker 2: And I'm also pushing the button on the under like you've got Josh this Cardinals offense, it's going to be so puge, And then you've got Sam Holls, a first time starter on the other side of the ball.
Speaker 3: So like, I don't know how this game.
Speaker 1: Even if Washington looks good, right like McLaurin is still nowhere near one hundred percent. You know, I love dots and dots at anytime touchdown score. I love that. Plus money too, you're getting go go find it, go bet it, bet it on betting pros, to your sports books. But Washington, to me that thirty and a half still like this game feels like what twenty one seven to me? Right, twenty one ten? Yeah, like that thirty eight and a half I think is a very and that would be great. Like Washington putting up a couple scores, it's great. We love that. Like twenty ten feels like this game thirty eight and a half. I know it sounds low, but I don't think it's low enough. Tennessee, Quiet Pat, you had more of it.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, yeah, like you might even want to shop for an alternate total and push that number down a little bit to get like some plus money on it.
Speaker 1: I think to thirty seven and a half, if not maybe thirty six and a half to tell you the truth, Yeah, I think Arizona's gonna be up against it traveling first week. I don't think. And plus I imagine, you know, the new ownership, feel like that crowd is gonna be excited, right you kind of exercising the demons. They're excited to see Sam Howell make his big you know, start of the season, all that stuff. Here's one that's again tough, and this is why Vegas is agreeing the Tennessee Titans going traveling to New Orleans even money here on the three you're getting three on the Titan side, the plus three as underdogs here at Caesars you're getting minus three and a half on New Orleans over at MGM. And then look pretty much forty one is this number across the board if you like Tennessee for the upset, it's plus one sixty five on the money line. FITZI, I think Vegas has kind of thrown up their hands on this one, and I don't blame them. I would lean towards New Orleans here, and I would actually lean on them to cover just because I still feel like Tennessee has a lot of kinks to work out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that might be the case, Joe.
Speaker 2: And if you do like the Saints, I think people should try to odd shop on this one since, as you just mentioned, like the line does seem like it's wavering between three and three and a half. So if you like the Saints, look around and get it at three, because that's a key number. Obviously, I don't personally like the Saints in this one. I'm just, as you mentioned, I think this is a complete stay away.
Speaker 3: I'm throwing up my hands.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know the Titans completely collapsed down the stretch last season, total collapse fell apart. But Mike vrabel is a pretty good coach. I have a lot of respect for him and his ability to get the most out of his players. So I think they're gonna like turn in a plucky performance in the big easy and Week one. So I'm just I'm staying away from this one. I don't have a good read on any of these either of these teams really, especially the Saints.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what to make of the Saints this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, I think when Amak America comes back of a better idea of what to make of the Saints. But at this point, right now, I'd still give them the advantage being at home. I think that's enough Right now is I think Tennessee's still trying to figure out their personnel. Another one here, trying to figure out the personnel the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We're traveling to Minnesota and fits. I'm just gonna call this one right here. I know they are six point underdogs here in Minnesota. I think they should be. I don't think it's enough, I really don't. I think Minnesota is going to put a hurtin on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I think they are going to struggle with points on the board. I think they're going to struggle to move the chains. I think Minnesota is, you know, not a great defend I think they're good enough to stifle this offense. So the number is forty five and a half. What's hard for me on this one, though, is Tampa would have to put up enough points for me to really get sided about Tampa. I think this is a one sided game. I think it's Minnesota, and I don't think it's closed. Pat. Do you think I'm wrong?
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily think you're wrong, Joe, But I mean the Vikings were such a weird case last year, going thirteen and four, yet being outscored on the season and ranking twenty seventh overall in DVA. Like this was a very mediocre team masquerading as a good team last year. I mean, the Vikings went eleven to zero in one score games, which explains that good record. I can't totally bury the Bucks joke because they're a veteran team. I mean, obviously the downgrade from Tom Brady to Baker Mayfield is significant, to say the least. But man, I am very Viking skeptical this season, so I'm just staying away from this one, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough. I like the individual If I can get the individual total on Minnesota, I'll take the over. Like that's how I feel like. I don't want to bet the combined total. I want the individual Minnesota Viking total. I don't want anything to do with the Bucks because they're a hot mess. As far as I'm concerned. Now here's one. I know. This was kind of the Darling Trap game a couple of weeks ago and a lot of people's minds. I don't think it's that anymore. Jonathan Taylor's not playing for the Colts. Anthony Richardson is a giant work in progress, and I love the kid, I do. But Jacksonville, you know, four and a half point road favorites in this one. Forty five is the number if you like the Colts for the upset at home plus one ninety. I would not shock me if the Colts won this football game. Right in division games, we know they're all chippy. Maybe Jacksonville's overlooking the Colts. I don't know. I don't think they're going to and historically the Colts have struggled against the Jacksonville Jaguars anyway, So as far as I'm concerned, the whole notion of the narrative out there that the Colts are somehow you know this is the dangerous game. I don't think the Colts are danger to you.
Speaker 2: No, And the Colts are going to be bad this year, Joe, and I think their refusal to negotiate with Jonathan Taylor's kind of a tell tale that they're playing the long game this year. Like, I don't think they're really in it to win it for twenty twenty three. And you know, the Jaguars came a long way last year under Doug Peterson. But I'm not sure I'm smitten enough with Jacksonville to lay four and a half points on the road, and this number has even gone up to five in some spots, even against a bad team. I just don't know if I have that much faith in the Jags. Yes yet, But I'll tell you this, Joe, I am hammering the under here. Do you remember when now Colts head coach Shane Steichen was the Eagles offensive coordinator two years ago, when Jalen Hurts was not yet the fully formed Jalen Hurts that reak tavoc on the league last season. The Eagles went insanely run heavy over the second half of that first Jalen Hurts season as a starter. They were running the ball in like sixty four percent of their offensive snaps over the second half of that season, I think, and like, I wouldn't be surprised if they were practically running the wishbone in Indianapolis this year and I'm like.
Speaker 1: You're probably right, but I mean, God, how's no offense to Evan hole Fits and no offense to Deon Jackson whatever's left there. But like, I don't think that's gonna get it done either. You put, you're right, it's gonna pour ten to the under because they're gonna drink block.
Speaker 3: The passing game isn't getting it done either.
Speaker 2: Like, this offense is just gonna be dysfunctional this year, at least until they get jail Jonathan Taylor back, if they get Jonathan Taylor back, So I mean seeing a total in the mid forties, even if Jacksonville is able to put up points. I don't think Indy does its share in this game to get this one over the total.
Speaker 1: This next one's an enigma for me. The Miami Dolphins and the Chargers. The Chargers are three point home favorites. You can get Miami a two and a half though on plus two and a half on FanDuel even money. Fifty one is the number you're seeing this fifty and a half in some other spots for the under, so it's pretty close there. Now, look, if you like this game, you might as well as go with Miami on the plus one forty five to just win outright like that. That's my only approach that I can tell you for this game, because this is one of the classic four outcome games on a schedule that typically I stay away from. We don't have Jeffrey Wilson Junior. We're not sure if we're going to get devon a chain yet as of us recording this. So the run game is suspect. Jalen Wattle's health is suspect. But that could even push this number higher in the days to come, as there's more uncertainty, and it just would probably make me like the Dolphins on the upset even more. We know wacky things happen. Fits would it's shocky if the Dolphins win out there to La and won this football game.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. And if I was going to play this, and I am not, I would I would probably. I would probably follow you on that one, Joe and take the money line. But it sounds like you're not even really doing that.
Speaker 1: I just want to go big because I think it's going to I think I think the more uncertainty starts to creep in over the next days, people are gonna get more and more charger, charger, charger, a home, you know, advantage, blah blah blah, and then it becomes like the Better Paradise where you just say, I have nothing to lose, it's all plus money. Let's try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it seems shameful that we are glossing over like one of the most exciting games on the week one slate, like people are gonna be hammering this game in DFS and you know, like it could be a really fun game, but man, I just think the lines are too tight here.
Speaker 3: I've no interest in betting it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a fun DFS game, but fun DFS games do not make fun wagering games all the time, right, Sometimes the total like if anything, you can also look at the total for this one, the fifty and if you can get it down to fifty and a half, maybe you go that route too. Like that I can understand that I could see. But the Jalen wattlehealth and no uncertainty too, is like if he should be out this game, like you get a last minute thing on him. I don't know. This one feels a little off to me. I'm going to stay away. The Los Angeles Rams are going to travel to Seattle. This is another Indivision matchup. The number on this one forty seven and a half. You can get at forty seven as well. The spread varies too. You can get on DraftKings plus four on the Los Angeles side, minus four and a half on Seattle at Sugar House. You know the Cooper Cup hamstring issue. Now, they could be down Cooper Cup for this game potentially, or at least not one hundred percent Cooper Cup at the very least. This is another one where it feels weird, yet Seattle is a pretty strong favorite already. I don't know if there's any value left on this game.
Speaker 2: No, And this line has been moving up a little too Joe, presumably based on the news that Cooper Cupp is looking really iffy for this game, and I kind of doubt he plays based on the way he thinks. They're going on a hamstring setback like less than ten days before the start of the season. Probably not a good indicator of a guy who's going to play. The Seahawks were a playoff team a year ago, and the Rams are going to be one of the four or five worst teams in football this year, along with the Cardinals, Texans, Colts, and maybe the Raiders. So I'm taking the Seahawks here, and I'm you know, like trying to grab it before this line gets much higher. And I also kind of like the under here, like I don't know what the Rams offense looks like if Cooper Cup doesn't play.
Speaker 1: Here's an interesting one too. The New England Patriots are going to host the Philadelphia Eagles, a team that I am heavily invested in already. Now the number for this game. You can get the under at forty four and a half on DK at minus one to wait, you can get the over at forty five on fandwel those are the best numbers currently here going in to the weekend. Then you have three and a half basically is the number here you're looking at where the Eagles are favored on the road. Now, well, New England is an interesting home underdog. It's just I don't know if this offense can keep up with the Eagles at the end of the day. This is another game where it would not shock me if the Patriots in classic Week one fashion pull off a squeaker. But I just don't think this game for me is one I want to invest in. How about you? Do you see this one as just like is gonna get their butt hands to them. This is not like the fans speaking in me. This is the week one bet are speaking in me that this one again. Sometimes it looks too good to be true. Oftentimes it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like the Joe piece of p a bow. You've been all over No one's been all over the Eagles and like the future like you and the Patriots are your team.
Speaker 1: So and I'll bet against the Patriots all day long when it makes sense. But this one's tough, pat because you know, defensively, they're gonna be prepared. It's just what are they offensively? And that, to me is the one thing like maybe that forty you know, forty four and a half, maybe this game is a little less thrilling from the offensive side that we realize it becomes more of a defensive struggle like that. I could see that might be the most appealing approach of this game for me. But who's gonna win? This one's a little tricky. I could see the Eagles blowing them out, and I could see the Patriots, you know, winning on a field goal here like at the by one point at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: It's very weird this game, right, I mean, it does feel like the Eagles are miles better than the Patriots, but like.
Speaker 1: Theyring they are miles better.
Speaker 3: Sure, but like I can't.
Speaker 2: Bring myself to bet against Bill Belichick. Is a three and a half point home underdog. Like maybe if it got to three, I'd be a little bit interested, but probably not. I'm just gonna walk away from this one. This is just it's a strange game. Like, like you said, I could see an Eagles blowout, I could see the Patriots winning outright. This one is a hard game to get a read on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love the Eagles. It's just sometimes, you know, and I know, like these teams come out a little flat, you know, after the Super Bowl loss a little bit, and you know you're out there, they're gonna have some tricks up their sleeve. I just don't know if New Engle can do enough at the end of the day to win this game. But I think they're gonna keep a close pat I really do. I could be wrong, but again, this one scares me a little bit because it looks too easy, like Eagles, Like I want to take the Eagles every week, and I'm gonna take the Eagles most weeks on this show. And it's not because they're playing the Patriots. It's because it's Week one. It just feels a little bit too good to be true for me. Let's go into your wheelhouse now. The green Bay Packers Chicago Bear forty three and a half is the number pretty much everywhere on this one. You're getting the Bears against the Packers. I know this is like insulting already one and a half point favorites at home. Currently. If you like green Bay to win out round the moneyline plus one oh five, and I do, pat I still believe green Bay is the better defensive team. I think Green Bay as a potential to run this football control the clock a little bit. It's just can they keep Justin Feels from making one play too many on them? That to me is the difference maker in this game. How is your approach to this one if at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we get the oldest, most storied rivalry in the NFL in Week one. This is in my wheelhouse, Joe. I'm in the Chicago area. I'm a naturally Wisconsin Borne Packers fan. The line movement in this game has been really interesting. Like it, the Bears were favored by two and a half points for most of the summer. I actually got the Packers at three to one point, and I believe June that was way back in June.
Speaker 3: I think they're two key reasons for the line movement.
Speaker 2: One is that the Bears are pretty banged up right now in some key areas offensive line. Tevin Jenkins, maybe their best offensive lineman, won't play, and they've got some other guys who are banged up, and their safeties Eddie Jackson and Jakwan Brisker are both hurt and questionable. The other factor here, Joe, Like the Packers, the vibes on this team and on this offense in particular, have actually been really good, surprisingly good considering the inexperience they have at quarterback and with their pass catchers. I mean, you've got Jordan Love who's been in the league for three years now but has only started one game, and you've got a pass catching group who you know, unless you count backup tight end Josiah Duguaro, which I do not, no one has more than one season of an NFL experience at either receiver tight end, and yet the Packers have looked really good in the preseason, like this offense has kind of been humming, so really strange. I'm not interested in betting the lineup at where it is now. Happy to have gotten the Packers earlier, but you know that ship has sailed the three points. You're not getting that anymore. I don't see enough value at plus one for me to take Green Bay. But yeah, I mean, I'm kind of with you, though. I think this was like a weird line to open that. You know, the Packers just a little bit more pedigree, even though I think people think these teams are going in opposite directions.
Speaker 1: Well, the next game on it. Look, we got three games left. The next game I want nothing to do with. It's Denver hosting the Las Vegas Raiders. They are four point underdogs going into Denver. Maybe they should be more, maybe not. I don't know Jacobs is going to be back for this one. You have Garoppolo at least here for week one. Theoretically the numbers forty four and a half, sometimes forty four you can get in some other spots. I don't like Las Vegas for the outright win, but at the same time, my confidence is not strong in Denver, so this game is a hard pass for me.
Speaker 2: Pat, how about you, I'm betting the Bronx Coast Joe, Like, yeah, four and a half.
Speaker 3: I'm laying the points.
Speaker 2: And like, I believe in the Denver defense, which was like really sneaky good last year tenth overall in DVOA and they've got one of the best cover corners in the league.
Speaker 3: And Patrick Certan Junior.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in the Raiders and Josh McDaniels like at all. I mean, I think Sean Payton is clearly the better man here. So yeah, I'm willing to lay the points with Denver at home against a hated rival.
Speaker 1: Speaking of rivals, about the Giants on Sunday Night Football hosting the Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys three and a half point favorites going the Giants of the home dogs yet again here, and I think rightfully so I think Dallas is the better football team on paper, absolutely, I know both teams were in the playoffs. Anyway, Forty six and a half is the number here if you like the Giants to win on the money line, a plus one forty five and get that number over on points bet right now, that's the best one. So pat again, I kind of come to this one and I say, division rival game, strange things happen home dogs. It makes me push towards the Giants side of this one. But I have yet to make a wager in this one. So do you have any feelings on this game here that can sway me one way or another, because I always like those home dogs, But I don't know if the Giants are in the same space as the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Defensively, I'm in the same space you are in, Joe, Like I am leaning towards the home dog. I love me a good home dog in week one, and certainly the Giants are kind of a live dog here, Like this is a good team to be a home dog, but it's a stay away for me. Really intriguing matchup. But I do think the Cowboys are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. I just can't lay the points though, And I can't lay the points. Not gonna take the points either.
Speaker 1: Monday Night Football nine to eleven, right, so they're gonna be doing ceremonies there in New York. First game in this building for Aaron Rodgers to play quarterback for the New York Jets. They're playing the Buffalo Bills, another team from the state of New York. This game has so much emotion running through it, Pat, It's going to be a wild night. It's gonna be great television. I think. I think this is going to do a smash rating. I really do. And at the end of the day, if you're looking at the number, the Jets are two point home dogs minus one to ten on that number forty six and a half forty six, you're getting this number the total different spots if you like the Jets, just for the outright win here at home with all the good vibes, plus one twenty five. I was on sports grid TV yesterday talking about this game, Pat, and they asked him to give me a question about this game, and they said, what will you take away? What's the big takeaway from this game? You know the next morning, And I said, anything that happens is temporary. If the Jets win this game, it doesn't mean anything necessary. It means the emotion of the night carried in this incredible crowd that will be very hyped up. If they lose this game, it doesn't mean they're not good enough to compete with the Buffalo Bills. So I'm not everybody's gonna put way too much into this game. I'm gonna put almost nothing into it because I think there's just so much surrounding this game. Monday Night Football Isolated game Aaron Rodgers, Prime Time, nine to eleven in New York. I don't know, Pat, how do you look at this one? Because this is one where I just want to watch it on TV. But from an investment standpoint, Garrett Wilson anytime touchdown scorer over unreceiving yards, that's the stuff I'm looking for. Outside of that, maybe some James Cook numbers. I like the individuals more than the game itself.
Speaker 2: J E Ts jests Jets jests, Joe Like, I actually like the Jets here a lot.
Speaker 4: I really, do you know? I said I like a good home dog in Week one. This is a home dog I love. And that Jets defense is potentially special, very good. Like they they can generate pressure without blitzing their past coverage in the secondary, led by second year corner Sauce Gardner, is going to be fantastic. The Bills have a lot of offensive firepower, but I think they're gonna have a hard time moving against the ball against this defense, as will every other team that plays the Jets this year.
Speaker 2: And I'm also smashing the under here, Joe, Like the Jets great defense and they have a bad offensive line, Like that is a winning under combo, I think, especially with the total at what forty six right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty six and a half, some spots having a forty six flat, So it depends on man if.
Speaker 2: Forty six and a half sounds really good right now? So yeah, I think this game is going to be played like both teams scoring in the teams I could see. I could see like a nineteen seventeen type of game here.
Speaker 1: Oly, I gotta tell you, like, I just think it's gonna be so much running through everybody's veins in this game. The if anything, Pat, you know what I might do. I might look for the first quarter no score, where it's just everything is just everybody is so hyped, right, Everyone's just like just absolutely brimming, like whatever the first quarter numbers are, I might attack that, or maybe the first half numbers. I think maybe I isolate this one a little bit. I think there's just gonna be so much pomp and circumstance, so much attention, and I think there's gonna be nerves. And look, let's not pretend like all of a sudden Aaron Rodgers answered the bell every time at one of these big spots in his career, because he hasn't. He hasn't necessarily answered the bell every single time in these especially lately. So this is you know, hard knocks is over now, now the hard work begins. We want to know from you though. Drop your comments below. Subscribe to Betting pro so you're with us all season long wherever you get your pods, and also drop that comment. Subscribe to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash Betting Pros and you can win the Aaron Jones autograph Jersey. Don't forget to download the app as well so you can stay on top of all the moving lines. You can follow us at Bettingpros dot com, slash Joe, Bettingpros dot com, slash fits and join the NFL contest Betting Pros dot com slash NFL Contest, or if you already downloaded the app, just go to the community tap and joined today. We want to get hundreds of people in this thing. I want thousands of people in this thing. I want to have fun. I want to make picks. If you're the big winner every week, you're gonna get mentioned on the show. I'm gonna make you famous. So join us for all of that. Ah man, it is so good to talk about these games. Fits we are back, let's go, it's football time. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Pat fitz Morris, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, M