Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Jess Navarrees, Aisha Morrison, Kelsey Charles, and Jane Slater.
Speaker 3: Hello, everyone, welcome to another edition of Girls Talk Boys Talk, brought to you by Jigsaw Datty, the official and preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm your host today, Kelsey Charles, joined by my fabulous co host Jessnavares and Aisha Morrison. James Leader is out today, but don't worry, guys, We've got you covered. Still lots to talk about as we head into this Washington Commander game. I was thinking about this. I always love when we played Division games because you know, listen, I wrap Team Petty really hard, and I was like, I was like, okay, like what can we do this week? Because like flying benches out, like we've done that. Man, you know, we got Carson Wentz back. Like there's always like some fun fodder when it comes to talking about Wentz like I hate to be this guy, like I like to make fun of what Philly did when they got rid of him to the Colts, And then I'm like, oh, I can't laugh as much anymore. But hopefully we will all have smiling faces after this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: But I wanted to kind of jump in and chat through injury reports some of the things we saw in practice today as we are starting to gear up for the weekend. One of the notable guys that I saw out there though before I dive into the actual ex's and o's of like who was limited, who was full Charles Hayley in the building today or on the field? Shall I say? I can always tell just by the way like you see he almost I don't know how to describe it as it's almost like a magnet when another magnet's around, and it's like the polar opposites, like people like kind of push away, like make way for him, like I saw I was laughing. He always just kind of like, you know, hits the guy or whatever, like one of the players that he walks by, he's like he's super bro man and like Britt Brown like ran around him and was like, no, man, you're not getting me this time. But he was cool because you saw him taking a chance to connect with Micah Parsons. And that was cool for me because I know there's a lot to talk about his versatility. And one of the cool things about the Dallas Cowbys, my opinion, is how they operate as a family. And you may leave the building and you may not be on the team, but you are still a part of, you know, the greater vision, the greater facility, you know, the unit, if you will. And it was really cool for me to be able to watch him sit there and kind of coach him up and just be a part of that defensive conversation, if you will, because we know this team is riding heavy defensively. But like, how cool to have a moment in time to continue to connect with a Hall of Famer and hone your skill set, especially as you are transitioning to one of these guys who's making an impact with your hand and with your hand off of the ground.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I wanted to ask you, Kelse because you were you're doing a little bit of creeping, as you said earlier, and you know, I wanted to ask, did you see specifically, like what Charles was working with, you know, in terms of Michael, was he working like upper body, lower body, just kind of some drills. What did you notice exactly and could you hear anything? Could you hear anything that was being said, because I'm sure there's a lot of a motivational prep going on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think there's always a lot of animation when you're dealing with Charles Haley in general. He's wonderful for that reason. I will be honest, I was multitasking and doing my real job. I just like saw the corm. I was like, oh, look, Charles is here. Yeah, but you could kind of tell it was a lot of talk about just technique in general, like a lot of the hand motions and like how to like the swim move type of those things that you see a lot of these defensive linemen. To me again, like I loved seeing that connection. Yeah, I thought that was really refreshing. This is not the first time that Charles has been around. He's been around lot actually, and you know, listen, I think as a guy like Micah, who is just so phenomenal already, I think it's cool for him to continue to being a student at the game, so I thought that was like a fun, you know, key little moment in time. I also saw too the wide receivers. Obviously we know that Cede Liam had a bit of a rough start to his game, but then the last part of practice he and Gallup were working on this tennis ball drill, which I'm sure you guys have seen some unique drills in your time, just you know, being around the team and watching some of these practices. I know, our tight ends coach Mike Pope back in the day you see some crazy stuff like you guys like put like buckets on their hands and stuff like that. This wasn't quite along those lines, but he did have CD and Michael. They were just they were throwing tennis balls to them one on one, and it was like a quick like they putting them in different positions so they had to kind of almost like juggle, if you will. And at first I was like, are they making sure they don't drop? But then I was like, no, this is kind of them preparing to make these incredibly extreme catches like CD was able to make while he was in New York, when you know, one handed, like making that a natural just eye fatic.
Speaker 4: Exactly like it reflects for them muscle memory with the prismas of their hands, and I think that's something that is really vital, especially with a younger wide receiver corps is you have to make sure that muscle memory is there for the quickness of the hands, so that way you're not seeing dropped the balls, especially in key, key moments of the game. Right, And so I think CD, I don't know how long they've been doing that drill.
Speaker 6: Obviously it's a concentration drill.
Speaker 7: I think CD is gonna do well with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's actually really common.
Speaker 5: Like I mean, that actually makes me happy because I know that MG is one of those guys contested ball guys. But yeah, it's it's a concentration drill. I'm glad they're working on it. I'm sure it's an emphasis with drops and stuff, but also too, I mean, you look across the league right now, like these guys. I was listening to Joe Daisman on a one of five point three this morning, and he was talking about how there's no preseason, right, and well, there is preseason, but a lot of these veteran players aren't playing through the preseason. So when you are looking at like game three, Game four, these guys are just now starting to get their legs under them. We always talk about the you know, the offense kind of being behind the defense. So maybe that's like, you know, why they're emphasizing, like to start getting these guys going.
Speaker 6: And it's important.
Speaker 4: And it goes back to Mike McCarthy saying, it's still September football, right, So the good thing is September is almost over. Somebody wait Green Day up and page two October football, because the September is almost done.
Speaker 3: I don't want it. I don't want it. All right, So let's dive into quick injury updates so you guys have them just so we can kind of, you know, ground ourselves in the lay of the land as we go into this weekend. Sure, we had a couple of updates for you all, honestly though the latest as you saw from yesterday, there's a lot of full participants. Michael Gallups still was a full, semi Fijoco is still a full, Gifford still full, Dreyon Kurst, Marcus Lawrence, Connor McGovern are still limited, and Dalton Schultz again was limited as well. I did see him getting some good reps on the jugs afterwards though, too. I thought that was again a good sign. You know, Zeke was working the cores at one point. I think that's just continuing to try and keep him loose. So I feel like the Cowboys are staying SETI I think we'll have to know a little bit more tomorrow about what the LAS is going to be. In terms of Schultz versus the Gallup conversation, I feel a lot more confident in Gallop than I do, you know, with the likelihood of Schultz. But I think the main things injury wise that actually were more impactful in this report was on the Washington side. So they had seven guys that were limited yesterday and they were now full participants as of today. We know they've struggled with a lot of injuries earlier on in this season, but they also are getting a lot of reinforcements. You've got a linebacker, You've got you know, O linemen, d lineman coming back. It seems like they're getting reinfforced. That's across the board. But the one area that I think is still a bit of a concern for them is o line. They have struggled to protect Carson Wentz and the potentially you're going to have a third string guy who's going to be starting at center, which, as we all know, we've discussed extensively, the O line is a pretty key component in that whole entire offense. So do you feel like this Thursday being that's the lay of the land, Like, does that change your mindset about how you think this game's going to go? Are you kind of still reserving your thoughts until Friday? I mean, I'll start with you. Are you share like are you feeling like, hey, yeah, they got reinforcements, but like there's still key components that are going to be missing in terms of what Carson Wentz needs to operate one hundred percent successfully? Is that changing your mind about how you feel? Okay?
Speaker 5: So I had to so I had to take a step back and like really look at, you know, the Washington games. Mike McCarthy says something yesterday, I would think it was today and his presser about you know, just not overlooking the next opponent. Like even though they look like like the record doesn't look good on their side, they do have still they do still have some guys over there, especially on their defensive line. As far as their offensive line. I think the center position is something that dan Quinn. We've seen from dan Quinn this last couple of weeks. He's willing to exploit your weaknesses on your defense, on your offensive line, or whatever the case may be. So I fully expect for him to be going at whatever weak points they have. I think osa Neville Gallimore, Chauncey Gholston, those guys that play, you know, the middle of the defense are going to be important to you know, what the Cowboys want to do defensively. And then also I also feel like defensively, I think oh with.
Speaker 6: Jarn Curse rather Jayron Curs.
Speaker 5: Coming back is super important to me because Logan Thomas is an intricate part of I think what they want to do as an offense, especially what they're gonna be trying to get the ball out quick with the pressure coming with the Cowboys, maybe some screens and they're tighten that tight end. Matchup with Jayron Curse possibly coming back could be an important matchup during this game. So I like to see the Jayron Curses in the motions of coming back.
Speaker 3: Fingers crossed.
Speaker 4: I also want to say that if this game, if there's any game for the Cowboys defense to just completely depower enough. It could be this game. And here's why I'm not knocking anybody. I'm not saying anything bad, but when you go go back and you watch how Washington is played, it's one thing. But y'all know, I'm real into these press conferences and looking on kind of another scope of things. Ultimately, it just seems like the tone within Washington right now is very deflated and defeated.
Speaker 7: Fear fear, but just defeated.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're what gonna be Week four of the season, and they are just so defeated when they're talking in these press conferences, and I think that says a lot about the morale that's not there. And I think, you know, it just goes back to how they're playing, and the scheme is not working for the Washington offense. I mean, they're not protecting Carson Wentz by any means. He has no protection. So I think there's plenty of opportunity for a lot of players to step up on the Cowboys defense this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they do. I mean, they do have some skill players out there. Though they have guys Johan Thoughts and can play. He's a red zone threat. I mean, I also feel like they they're run game. They try to get guys involved. They've been trying to get gifts in the ball and get him involved. But I mean they're only twenty fourth in yards as a as a whole offensively and twenty fifth in rushing yards, So it puts a lot of pressure also too on Carson to perform and to you know, they're getting behind the sticks quick. So I don't know, I'm really looking at what they're gonna do as a passing offense. They also have like Mackissic Curtis Samuel's been a big part of what they're trying to do. Get him involved. Sometimes they have him coming out of the backfield like they're trying to me personally, they're doing a lot to kind of compensate for the lack the O line problems right now, so quick motion stuff and trying to misdirect you and get you off the line just to give their guys, you know, a chance here because the offensive line, especially the tackle position too, they can't hold up well long enough for them to get long progressive plays for them to get anything down the field.
Speaker 7: So we'll see and you just look at it too.
Speaker 4: One, they're not secure up front, and you know, Carson's really not the best at getting the ball out quickly. Either doesn't help him and that doesn't help anybody. But then on the other side of that, you have the wide receivers that just cannot get open on time for Carson to help him out even a little bit. So it's just like a not so well oiled machine that all the cogs are not working in the same direction right now. And I think it's just so obvious with how you see the I guess lack of up tone or upbeat or anything with with the Washington commander side of things right now.
Speaker 6: Interview, it was that bad. It was it was not here's the thing.
Speaker 4: So I listened to you know, Ron Rivera earlier this week. He just was not wanting to talk about it at all. He was like, I want nothing to do with this. We're looking ahead, you know, very coach like Antonona Dallas. He's just he's aggravated, and it's showing he was aggravated in general. But then you know Jack del Rio goes on and kind of the same vibe. Very short answer is very just very bleak. And then you know Scott Turner gave us the best answers right and and talked a little bit more. But but I just think if any game can show you the dynamics of our defense and how much they are going to just mutilate.
Speaker 7: An offense, this could be the one.
Speaker 4: And I think you're going to see a lot of guys really stepping up, depending on Jaron Curse returning, but Donovan Wilson could be another one that has another big game. You have d Law, who I think he's just getting started. I think you're going to see d Law on a roll.
Speaker 3: Ra's a great name.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 4: Look I'm just saying I would take it suntied because I'm saying he's on a roll. But the point is, I think they are in for a great game that they continue to do what they do.
Speaker 7: Aisha and I were talking earlier.
Speaker 4: She brought up special teams, and we've talked about this on the show plenty of times, the importance of special teams. But special teams continues to step up, continues to give the offense good field advantage. I mean, hey, everybody needs to play their complimentary football, and I'm sure everybody's tired of that.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you guys A question though, because I think you have a good point about We've talked a lot about the importance of culture and we all know that you know football, like, yeah, all three phases of the game, but there's a fourth phase and that's your mental capacity. And really genuinely like, are you in the game and are you focused? Are you going to have a short term memory loss and be able to pick up yourself back again? I look at you know they're they're starting the season one and two. Obviously it's been a trying time for them, for sure. Carson Wentz, I'm not sure anyone in this division, let alone this league, has a lot of confidence in him, despite what they want to tell you and the loss of the Eagles that had to have been defeating and you just talked about some of the offensive weapons that they have. Do you trust Carson Wentz and genuinely to be able to make lemonade out of lemons? Because it kind of feels like that's a bit of a place where they are right now. They might have some options, but their run game is stalling. Their O line isn't isn't doing much of anything. They're not O lining, They're not O lining wit guys.
Speaker 5: Wait, that's funny, but no, man, it's kind of like, I don't know how y'all feel.
Speaker 6: I know other people be like you.
Speaker 5: He's supposed to feel bad for players, but like to see just how slow his clock is and his reactions sometimes his reads like it's like he really lacks.
Speaker 6: Confidence as a player now.
Speaker 5: And then with no and also too, when Carson Wentz was coming out, I personally really was like, oh, he was kind of like Toning Romal.
Speaker 6: Because there's escape over there and no, no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: This is a very liable uh you know comparison at the time when Carson was coming out because of his mobility, because of his escapability, a lot of the place he can make outside the pocket and without his mobility. Now and you're forcing him to be a pocket passer, it's just not it like he'd be seeing stuff It ain't that ain't there in real life?
Speaker 4: Well, and again, how much of that is a culture thing because we're we're talking about how, I mean, how the coaches sound in these press conferences. He doesn't have confidence in himself as a player. Where does that start? Does that start one within himself? Yeah, but also within the coaching staff. I mean, if your quarterback isn't feeling confident in what he's doing, hey.
Speaker 5: But he come out, what's a good indication he can come out there at all? Some stuff around them. And that's why it's why it's frustrating. And that's why I said, you know what Mike McCarthy said today is important because Carson can't come out sometimes and.
Speaker 6: Just be like, you know what, today's the day, like, you know what I want to play today.
Speaker 5: Let's let's let's get busy today, so we'll see overall to what.
Speaker 6: He's what he's gonna look like.
Speaker 4: It's something that I guess seeing things from tales of the other side, right, but seeing things from the other side and really looking at those other press conferences and all of that, you do realize how much of a culture really is established within the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Because of Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 4: And you know, Ayisha and no c and I were talking earlier, there's specific terms that are used over and over, and I think you know a player is bought into the culture when you hear, you know, CD said in the locker room the term ebb and flow, which is just not a common phrase. And then today Mike McCarthy, Ebbinflow. So when you hear those repetitive words complimentary football, evan float, I mean, just all of these things, that tells me that your players are really bought into the culture. They're bought into the coaching and the confidence and and each other. And I think that's something that is so overlooked. The amount of chemistry this locker room has right now should not be overlooked by anybody in in the division.
Speaker 7: Much less around the league, because it's special.
Speaker 3: I want to bring some color commentary and I actually want to listen to this, uh you know, a little bit of sound that you found from their their O C. Scott Turner, So because I think it really does bring to light, you know, where they are in their in their headspace, so jazz that we can hear that really quickly.
Speaker 8: They're an outstanding unit. I mean they're playing really well, you know, going back to last year and then they've really only improved at the beginning of this season. You know, they're a little bit more multiple up front, you know than Philly, and uh, you know with Parsons, you know, he's a you know, I guess he's a linebacker, but he's a defensive lineman. I mean he plays everywhere you know, so uh, and then obviously the Marcus Long and then the rest of the group. I mean they all play extremely hard. They do a lot of stunts and twists and stuff upfront that you got to prepare for. Where Philly, you know, doesn't. I mean, they still do that, but not not at that frequency, and they don't have you know, they'll move guys around a little bit, but not not as much, you know, where you have to have the mental challenge of iding that Dallas does.
Speaker 3: That's literally, if I had to translate that, that's basically like him being like trying to throw his middle finger at Dan Quinny, like, dude, I hate you for this.
Speaker 5: I mean, and a lot of offenses are gonna feel the exact same way because it has to be. And that's what we talked about yesterday, the multiplicity. I feel like it has to be frustrating as an offense to.
Speaker 6: Truly just not know what is going on.
Speaker 5: From where, Like it has to be exhausting also for a quarterback. But then when you start talking about an offensive line, you know, the Redskins, the Reskins, oh Jesus, the Commanders just put this WST. Yes, they just put this offensive line together. So you're talking about communication, You're talking about guys having to be in the right place at the right time. They're come in and playing an away game, so I can only.
Speaker 6: Understand like what they're going through over there.
Speaker 5: I do think that the Cowboys linebackers are gonna have to you know, trust their eyes and make the right reads. The Cowboys are going to have to come out and tackle because they do still have skilled players that if they get out in space, they're gonna make plays.
Speaker 6: And with them not getting a lot of.
Speaker 5: Passes down the field, they're gonna be looking to make to take advantage of every opportunity they get the ball in their hands. When you start talking about their receiver corps, especially like a Dots and if he gets any play this week.
Speaker 6: So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I definitely think the Cowboys defense has a lot of different things they can throw at them, but they still have to come ready and prepare and be ready to tackle and to trust their eyes.
Speaker 6: Gap integrity.
Speaker 5: We saw some saw some you know, some bad gap exchanges last week where guys didn't run do their run fits well, and you know, say Kwan broke free, so they're gonna have to still come out and defend.
Speaker 4: So something on that note too, that you're talking about, you know, all of the things that confuse you know, offensive coordinators offenses when they're facing a dan Quinn defense. Dan Quinn in his press conference earlier the DQD oh uncle uncle d Q our cowboy's uncle. You know, he talked about he was asked in the press conference, how do you not outsmart yourself with how many things you have going on and how many weapons you have on your defense to great pay, how do you not outsmart yourself? And the little notes that I wrote, he talks about how he works at it at practice. He has the guys work on something at practice. If it's not ready and it needs quote more seasoning, then he doesn't show it on the field yet. So again, I think something really respectable about dan Quinn is he doesn't get ahead of himself. He knows where his limitations are. For his players, they have that respect and they know, Okay, this is ready to go and this is not and maybe needs a little more seasoning. But dan Quinn always has something up his sleeve. And I think the amount of respect that guy deserves is just endless go dan Quin.
Speaker 3: Well much respect to him. We're gonna go and take a quick break and then we're gonna go to the side of the ball break down what this Cowboys offense is going to have to face in the Washington Commander's defense. Stay with us, worry back at Jigsaw Dating.
Speaker 9: We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: If you have been thinking about weight loss surgery, my Bariatric Solutions has made it easier for you to schedule your initial consultation from the safety, comfort and convenience of your own home. You'll meet one on one with a bariatric surgeon over a private and secure video call. You'll learn everything you need to know about the options available and which procedure is best for you. If you've been considering weight loss surgery and are ready to take the first step, call my Bariatric Solutions today at eight four three two six six two sixty six. That's eight four four three two six six two sixty six, or go to Myberiatric Solutions dot com.
Speaker 10: All right, Pepsi loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash, and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can. No recycling might not be his thrilling as converting up fourth and long, But next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player, and recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 7: They snapped a thrush guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left. He'll look full first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna rub this in show, run it the middle any scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, So I guess like up the girls Talk Boystock, I almost hit the break. I haven't been on the break in a really long time. That is a wow throwback. That's right, Girlstock Boys Talk percented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating app of the Dallas Cowboys. All right, guys, join former NFL players for our first game day mini camp presented by in Visit Line. Drop the kids off at Ford Center on October second, from eleven thirty to three thirty while you watched Dallas Cowboys in Washington, conveaders game from your favorite restaurant in the Star District. If I had kids, I would one hundred percent be doing this. Maybe one day. To register your footballer for camp, visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Academy. Did I just like proposition myself on my own show?
Speaker 10: Yikes?
Speaker 7: Kelsey, you killed me.
Speaker 3: I tell you, I am doing it.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, so it's like someone help her, like wow, poor girl. Okay, Kelsey, moving on, Let's discuss this Dallas defense offense, right, yeah, let's talk about.
Speaker 7: The Cowboys offense.
Speaker 3: They can exploit on the Commander's defense. Okay, I actually want to know because you like did this little thing where you made a noise and I feel like there was something that you want to talk about that we maybe didn't We didn't talk about that was on your little list, and I want to know.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I just I forgot to minish to mention Terry McLaurin. Oh he's still I mean, Terry, that's still not that scary against Terry Vaughn. Yeah, so that's you call it what you want. Yeah, But so like that matchup is important as well. I guess, like you know, he is still a legitimate receiver in this league.
Speaker 6: So I just want.
Speaker 3: To make sure worth noting. Okay, So let's I want to keep this file on you for a minute because you are our film queen and I need to know again we have a lot of expectations for this Cowboys offense. Cooper Rush has risen to the occasion. I think you guys heard Jane say yesterday there is no quarterback in Cowboys history that has been able to start their first four games for a team and win all four of them. And I went ahead and said, yet, So what's it gonna take for this Dallas Cowboys offense to actually make history and make Cooper Rush the redheaded legend that we all just so desperately need.
Speaker 5: All Right, so they gotta deal with the Redskins defensive line that.
Speaker 4: They commander, with the commanders, the commanders, sorry, Washington, Washington, Washington is probably the best way to go.
Speaker 5: So the Washington defensive line, I'm new here, y'all, And so yeah, they have Marquess Sweat, Jonathan Payne, Jonathan Allen. Those guys really clog up the middle of that defensive line. So I would expect for the Cowboys to maybe try to run at the edges like they did, you know, a couple of times last week.
Speaker 6: I think this defensive line is going to be a.
Speaker 5: Little difficult to just overpower in the middle of the defense. I think the Cowboys do have some guys, but depending on if Matt farniok is taking the majority of those snaps you may see some Jason Peters. I do expect for them to still continue to go through the run game, but I do there I think there are some guys in their secondary that you can exploit. Kendall Fuller has been getting a lot of play, but he's also been getting targeted a lot. Like you can tell that some teams are noticing that they can take advantage of it. So we'll see if they go with that matchup as well. They do get some good linebacker play. Hulcum comes down sometimes rushes the passer every now and then as a linebacker.
Speaker 6: So I don't know. I think I think the Cowboys game plan will be similar in a way.
Speaker 5: It's personnel, Yeah, yeah, I mean you're gonna get tight ends and they're trying to get you know, trying to get some favorable matchups because also to this defensive this defensive line for Washington.
Speaker 6: They're on the field a lot.
Speaker 5: They have been on the field a lot because of the offenses inability to really move the ball. So yeah, continue to run the ball, you know, eat up the clock, see which you can get from there, and take the big plays as you need them, because there should be opportunity there with play action and stuff. If you, you know, just stay diligent on running the ball.
Speaker 4: So a little throwback here, because a couple weeks ago, all of us made a list of things that the Cowboys needed to do to start winning games. Keep in mind this was before the Bengals game. On our list, we had control the penalties, run the ball, dot dot dot, and stick to it. Zeke needs to bust one hundred yards, but run game can bust one hundred yards.
Speaker 7: That's fine.
Speaker 4: Accountability, dynamic effort all around. Ladies, how do you feel like the Cowboys have worked on those areas since we last talked about this list? Because I haven't deleted this for my notes, this has been sitting in my notes looking real pretty for the last couple of weeks because a lot of the things you mentioned are on this list, and personally, I think it's things that the Cowboys have worked on and progressed on.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: Something I think I want to see.
Speaker 4: Out of the Cowboys offense this week is the consistency.
Speaker 7: I don't want the highs and lows.
Speaker 4: Of Oh, they're starting out so strong, they're looking so great in the first half and then third quarter. Why aren't we scoring. We're going three and now they're settling for field goals. I want to see a consistent effort from the offense, not so much, you know, a dynamic effort, because I feel like we can see that, we know that that's there. It's the consistency that I think lax and can get them trailing behind if they're not careful. So I think being consistent, and that starts with running the ball. I'm beating a dead horse here we go, running the ball and making sure that that run game busts over, you know, one hundred yards this game, because I think that was vital. Another thing we talked about was time of possession. You mentioned that that was vital this game. This last week against New York that was the first time the Cowboys have done that this season. So I think staying consistent and staying consistent the entire.
Speaker 7: Game is going to be key here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're not the Commanders aren't a team that really wants to play from behind. It's just not what's in their forte at this point in time. But when you start talking about the consistency, I think the consistency with you know, and down the penalties that thank you. This is also a team that you don't want to give any light. Like they do have skilled players on that offensive side, and it can take one play for them, So you want to make sure that you know they're playing discipline ball and not getting getting Also to like the defense when when they have opportunities for third downs, get them off the field. There are one of the worst teams on third down this year, the Commanders. So if the defense has time and has the opportunity to get them off the field, they have to take advantage of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if you're talking about consistency, I look at like the game plan from last week, and not only is it quite evenly balanced, it is almost exactly with you know, thirty thirty rushing attempts and then thirty targets to you your receivers. So like, I personally like to see a mix like that. I like to see a long list of guys on this game book afterwards, where I know that you can't just take out one man. Yeah, they're going to bracket CD. Like that's going to be something a lot of defenses are going to try to do because it's pretty obvious that right now he is like one of them main weapons, especially with Gallup hasn't been on the field, Schultz hasn't been on the field, etcetera. We know the story right. The rushing game, I think is fabulous. I love we talked about it yesterday. I love just how they how compatible these two are in terms of complimenting their styles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they like each other as as humans and it helps.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and again that.
Speaker 4: Goes along with what we've been talking about all week. The chemistry in this locker room is not to be slept on. I tweeted about this yesterday after seeing the sounds of the sidelines.
Speaker 6: Shout out to.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys social media team who ever put that together was beautiful.
Speaker 7: We love that and I think.
Speaker 4: It really shows you there's leaders in this locker room that are very like unspoken and they do it quietly behind the curtain, but it's making an impact. And we've said his name before, but Jason Peters going out and.
Speaker 6: Leaving at huddle with the offensive linemens.
Speaker 4: I mean, you've only been here for a few weeks and you're leading the huddle and that's why they brought him in.
Speaker 7: Is this leadership.
Speaker 4: But don't sleep on the chemistry and what these guys are dealing with each other in the locker room because it's very apparent that the outside noise to them does not matter. They believe in themselves, they believe in their coaching, and they believe in this environment.
Speaker 3: That shout out to Alex Oliy for the sounds of the side. Thank you, thank you Jazzy for that. I do want to ask a secondary question though, not to answer your question with a question, but I think I have a little bit of PTSD from you know, the Broncos game and Vic Fangio calling us out and saying that he had a blueprint, right like, We're not in the construction business. I don't want to be that easy to read well quote, so I guess I'm wondering when you guys, I'm really kind of proud of that. Really, it wasn't that good, but it was like good enough, and it was better than what I normally do.
Speaker 7: Was amazing.
Speaker 3: I just like, I'm like pause for some applies. I'm having to like hold myself as I'm like just with trailing this out so you can find an applause sound. I'm kidding, but I do want to ask you guys that because like, is there a concern in your mind from becoming to predict her. Yes, she got it, my queen. You know when when everyone knows, here's what they have right now accessible at their fingertips, here's what they did, they did it well. Last week, they are trying to stay afloat Cooper. Rush is great, but he's not to the level of like some other quarterbacks are, So your tool kid is limited. Are you worried at all about being quote seen in terms of what the game plan is and could be?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 5: I think that what when you start talking about what happened in the Broncos game, I think a lot of that started with the inability to run the ball, like I mean, if you because when they were dropping six dvs and covers, they were doing that because they know you can't run the ball.
Speaker 6: And with now is there And that's what I was saying yesterday.
Speaker 5: I think it's so important that the Cowboys are continuing to put out good tape and in a good representation of what they are capable of, because before it was just like, oh, we don't have to plan for this, this, that, and the third. No, now teams actually have to say, maybe I need to account for this young tight end Peyton Hindershot. Maybe I do need to pay attention to Noel Brown because he's almost had two, you know, one hundred yard games.
Speaker 3: Back to back.
Speaker 5: Like so I also and then also to the one game is starting to really start to move gentlemen out the way. And so when you start talking about them figuring things out, it's not a lot. It's not necessarily the Cowboys are doing anything complicated. They are doing things very basic. It's just can you stop it? Can you stop it? And then also with the run game, what's happening we talked about yesterday with Cooper Rush with a play action passes eleven to fifteen, one hundred and fifty eight yards from that play action is contingent on you believing that we can run the ball. And so I think that if they continue to have the balance that they're having and seeing success in different ways and it being a machine, then it is gonna I mean, people are gonna start keying in on guys.
Speaker 6: They're gonna start doing that stuff.
Speaker 5: But when you start getting a Michael Gallop back, when you start getting some of these other gentlemen back, it's still just another wrinkle to have to worry about on the offensive side of the ball, and then before you know it, Dak Prescott's here. So I don't know the figuring it out is yeah, I mean, is that possible. But it's not anything that no one's ever seen before, right, it's can you stop it?
Speaker 4: Something that Mike McCarthy also talked about in his press conference this morning, when he was asked about Washington giving up nine sacks. You know later, he said he doesn't want to gain a false confidence. He still has a guard up about gaining false confidence, which I think is important and that really shows the amount of level head that Mike McCarthy has with his coaching style. I think to not tell the guys, hey, guess what, they had nine sacks on them last week.
Speaker 7: Guess what you're gonna do. This is an easy win, because you know what it should be. It should be an easy win.
Speaker 4: However, you cannot get that high up that you come crashing down because this would not be a game that I really want to.
Speaker 7: Talk about the Cowboys losing next week.
Speaker 4: I don't think any of us would. But he also made a good point in saying that the commanders had a full week of prep, the Cowboys having the Monday night game, haven't had their full week of prep. So that's just something to keep in mind too, because I didn't think about that until he said it during press conferences.
Speaker 3: So one thing I would say about the Latin not the full week of prep is that this Cowboys team is used to that, right, you know they are always the Thanksgiving game. You know that is short weeks.
Speaker 7: Are America's team.
Speaker 3: Literally, that is just a thing that this team deals with. Yeah, so at least they have that going for them. But I do think you do have a consistent point in the concept of keeping a level head and not letting it get to them, because I think that has been a problem we did. Again I referenced the Denver game. I think that they got a little high on themselves at times and lost that fourth component of the football game. And I think that's really important for them to stay locked in even though you have something in front of you where you're like, hey, like listen, We're.
Speaker 6: Like, this is a favorable matchup. Correct, this is a favorable.
Speaker 5: Matchup and yeah, like they're looking at the same film we're looking at light right, Yeah, like this is something.
Speaker 6: Can we replicate what the what Philly did? Yes, we can.
Speaker 3: There is no reason why this Cowboys team shouldn't win this game. Now it's their time to execute it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got to go out there and play the defense. Ain't just gonna roll over.
Speaker 6: I mean the Giants, the Commenders. Hey, y'all listen.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we're on the same page today, my friend.
Speaker 7: Like that Monday game, we shifted everything, So we're a little bit.
Speaker 5: I'm got on the bus. But they're not just gonna roll over. I'm just I'm just being honest with you. They're not just gonna roll over. They're gonna They're gonna put up a fight, all right. It's not gonna just.
Speaker 6: Be a easy game.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of taking the bus, it's a perfect segue, my friend, Gosh, I love you for that. We're gonna talk about what my dear friend David Hellman said about, uh maybe calling Cooper Rush a bit of a bus pass.
Speaker 6: Nah, so he's at least a Camra.
Speaker 3: We're gonna figure out. We're gonna tell it exactly. He is coming up next day with us. Second Break A reminder though. Before we go to Break, Girls, Talk Girls, Talk boystok Wow, we are presented by Jigsaw, the official and preferred dating up of Dallas Cowboys. Stay with us at Jigsaw Dating.
Speaker 9: We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: All right, Pepsi loving football fans, it's time we had a lesson in trash talk. And I'm not talking about that stuff that happens on the field. What I'm talking about is trash and it's the only thing that belongs in your garbage can. Now, recycling might not be as thrilling as converting up fourth and long, But next time you're thinking about throwing that Pepsi zero sugar bottle away, just cap it back up and pretend you're down by six with a recycling bin wide open. Know the difference, make a difference, be a team player in recycle. Visit Pepsi trash talk dot com to learn more.
Speaker 1: If you have been thinking about weight loss, surgery. My Veriatric Solutions has made it easier for you to schedule your initial consultation from the safety, comfort and convenience of your own home. You'll meet one on one with a bariatric surgeon over a private and secure video call. You'll learn everything you need to know about the options available and which procedure is best for you. If you've been considering witless surgery and are ready to take the first step, called Myberiatric Solutions today at eight four four three two six six two sixty six. That's eight four four three two six six y two sixty six, or go to Myberiatric Solutions dot com.
Speaker 12: It's Smoothie King's Original Angel Food and New Angel Food Slim without added sugar. You no longer have to choose between treating yourself and hitting your goals this summer. You don't have to choose between great taste and feeling great because that's Smoothie King. Every blend is made with whole fruits and no syrups, so you can satisfy your cravings without compromise. The only choice you will need to make is which one is best for you. Try our Classic Angel Food or the New Angel Food Slim blended without added sugar Smoothie King Rule the Day.
Speaker 3: With the final segment of Girls Stock Boys Stock In by jigs All the prefer dating app Dallas Cowboys. All Right, y'all, are you a Cowboys fan who spices up the game? Nominate yourself or a friend or Kelsey Charles to be the Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan and win a trip to Super Bowl fifty seven Arizona. Nominate yourself or a friend at dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year. So I will tell you who is not the fan of the Year in my book, and that is my dearest friend David Hellman for making such a horrible analogy.
Speaker 6: It was terrible.
Speaker 3: It was a really bad analogy. He knows it, but it's still the point stands. I get it. So he went on his show on Fox Sports FS one and speak for yourself and listen. He's got two Eagles compatriots on said show, Leshan McCoy and Emmanuelacho. So I don't envy him for being in the position that he's in, but basically they are sitting over there trying to hype up some quarterback controversy that is, as we have mentioned a thousand million times over, non existent. Either way, I thought it was a fun talking point because literally the way he described it, he was like, would you take a souped up Cadillac Escalade and then opt for the bus pass Cooper Rush instead souped up Cadillac obviously being Dak Prescott. I just can see the disdain on your face, Ayisha with the bus pass comparison.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, I mean a bus I mean like like a dart pass, y'all, Like that's that's that's pressure.
Speaker 3: Like he I'm telling you it was like a bart pass, like Bart in San Francisco is pretty good, or like or like what's the one the train and in London that's a good one.
Speaker 6: No, I think he's a camera.
Speaker 5: I think he's he's he's calm, he's reliable, he's he's press. He's a camera because he's he got some room to him, he got some I'm telling you, he's a camera.
Speaker 6: Leave him alone.
Speaker 3: I like that I drove back camera is my first car. I respect that Japanese cars are well made, they are reliable, Like you mentioned, like you want to give that as your first car to your kid, because like me. I totaled it in my driveway. That's a story for a day, but like it still drove afterwards, like it gets you out of a bind. And I feel like that's why Cooper rush.
Speaker 6: I mean, the new ones look nice and sweek too.
Speaker 4: I mean, you never know, I'm not a car girl. You're talking to someone who their first car was a bug. I was a photogaging bug. You're asking the wrong Do you have a flower?
Speaker 3: Kind of flower did you have in your little flower base?
Speaker 4: It was like just one of those stuffed animal little flowers. But I also know that I had like cowboys stuff all I.
Speaker 6: Had for my first class, So I don't know what ch'all.
Speaker 3: Got way more in the nest.
Speaker 7: All right, did you realize Jazzy had a Jeep Liberty?
Speaker 3: There you go, y'all are I asked my dad. I was like, hey, Dad, what kind of car am I getting? I wanted a like a nineteenninety nine or two thousand and one four Runner And he was like, no, you're getting my hand me down car and then I'm getting a new So shouts out to dad for teaching me. I know, Dad, camer and my dad.
Speaker 7: Literally was looking for bugs for me all over because I was like.
Speaker 4: Dad, that's my dream car Police and he got it and it broke down every other week.
Speaker 7: So Dad, if you're listening, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: For bringing them not a Cooper rush Mobile. All right. So I want to close out on two quick things. A fun fact I should that you brought up for us, and I love this. If you guys didn't know this, Zach Barton has some siblings in the league. I think he actually has too. His his his wife's brother plays and then his brother believe plays too. So Nick is on the Washington Commanders and you just told me he has a chance to playing him this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he is the backup to their starter right now, he's second on their depth chart.
Speaker 6: So we'll see. He might you know, he might get some barn.
Speaker 3: I foresee a jersey swap happening at the Yeah, I definitely do, so watch out for that. That'll be fun. But you know, with the last minute, I think we did want to make sure that we talked about we We love talking about football with you guys because it's fun and it's something that can all bring us together. But there are some important things happening in the world right now. And I know you Ayisha, having been their boots on the ground quite literally, wanted to kind of speak to some of those things. And I want to give you the floor for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we just wanted to make sure that we paid our respects to the folks that are being affect did buy a hurricane ianan it's I am an eight year National Guardsman and being able to help out with those folks in Beaumont with Harvey and the Round Rock area and through that the Houston area and just seeing how heavily it can affect the community very quickly. All the folks that are in Georgia, Florida, all those places, like, we care about y'all. And I just wanted to make sure that we used our time in our platform to say that even.
Speaker 6: The reporters, the sports reporters.
Speaker 5: The Tampa Bay Bucks having to move around, like everyone involved that is being affected by this hurricane, we care about you and we're here for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And shout out to the reporters who who have to be out in marking the weather aficials and you know, having been local news, not anything close to covering a hurricane, but it can be scary so I just want to give credit to everybody who's been out there, yes, making sure everybody has the right information.
Speaker 3: All right, well does Brian just walk by? So how's that feels out your show? But really do truly, guys, we do appreciate is tuning in and everyone stay safe out there. Help someone today, you know, be kind to you if you're in the you're in the thick of it, just if you're in the spirit of it, all of that. But thank you guys so much for tuning in. We do appreciate you all so much. This has been another episode of Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsawdy preferred dating app of the Dallas Cowboys for Aisha Morrison. J justin ours, I'm Kelse Charles. We'll see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Bye.
Speaker 3: I'll stay safe.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.