Speaker 1: I want to get into the NBA and the history we saw last night in San Francisco. That's where the one and only Steph Curry. Happy birthday, to your happy birthday, to your happy birthday. No, I'm not a singer, but he did turn thirty seven years of age today and the night before as in last night he made his four thousandth three point shot.
Speaker 2: So let's put the smile tone into this proper perspective. Please.
Speaker 1: You may recall that Steph broke the NBA's all time three point shooting record three years ago when he passed Ray Allen's mark of nine hundred and seventy three back in December of twenty and twenty one. Steph has since made more than one thousand threes and he's still going, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: He just turned thirty seven today. As I started.
Speaker 1: Off three seasons ago, he had reached the three thousand career mark on three pointers. He's averaging eleven point two to three point attempts per game this year, making four point four to three pointers per game, right, and those attempts are second to LaMelo Ball. And also Steph is shooting a here under forty percent from three for the season. Some people have said the real question is can occur? Can can Steph Curry reach five thousand and three pointers? Let's put this in this proper perspective. First, okay, do y'all understand that right now Steph Curry is eight hundred and seventy three. He has eight hundred and seventy three more three pointers than any play in NBA history.
Speaker 2: James Harden the second. You see his resume right there.
Speaker 1: Four time champion, two time MVP, ten time All Star, All NBA First Team four times, eleven time NBA All Star, two All Star Game MVPs, two time NBA Scoring Champion, NBA seventy fifth Anniversary Team Olympic gold medalist in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: The resume is impeccable. It's other world, otherworldly.
Speaker 1: We all know this, okay, But with eight hundred and seventy three more three pointers than any player in NBA history.
Speaker 2: Second is James Harden.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget that his three point percent is shooting forty two point four percent, third all time with the minimum of twenty five hundred attempts free throw percent of shooting ninety one point one percent. That's the best in NBA history, and his true shooting percentage is eighth all time at sixty two and a half percent. The brother is on another level. He's one of seven players in NBA history with at least four championships and two League MVP Awards. Bill Russell, kareemambdu Jabal, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Tim Duncan, and Lebron James are the other six. All right, that's who we're talking about when we talk about Steph Curry. So when I bring all of that up to you and I throw out that resume, I have a very very very simple question, Ay, does he belonging to go conversation? Yes, that's not saying he's the goat. That means when you mentioned the goat or you have a conversation about the goat, you do need to consider the greatest shooter God has ever created, who's a fourth time champion and the two top league MVP, NBA Finals MVP, a Gold medalist.
Speaker 2: You kind of need to think about these things.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that was sacrilegious in a lot of people's eyes is when I brought up is he the greatest.
Speaker 2: Point guard ever?
Speaker 1: Now, my man, Daddie Johnson on NBA Radio and others, was like, that's just sacrilegious. Magic Johnson is the greatest point guard we've ever seen, John Stockton, Isaiah Thomas, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, and others, Chris Paul, the point.
Speaker 2: God himself, CP three, they're all up there.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about quit the central prototypical point guards.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm saying, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, if you look at Magic Johnson, let's take into account Magic Johnson, who's five five championships. Okay, five championships, nine NBA Finals appearances.
Speaker 2: We get that part right. Here's what I want y'all to think think about.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking quin the central prototypical point guard that's setting up others. That's not what I mean with Steph Curry. I'm talking about impact on an offense. Magic Johnson six', nine with three eyes for crying out, loud one in the back of his head to in the, front.
Speaker 2: Okay with a sixth sense about.
Speaker 1: Him just a sublime point, guard affected the game in a myriad of ways that led to. Championships, well what the hell Has Steph curry? Done Steph curry has had people in the hospital receiving oxygen, because AS. Jr smith once Told Matthew delavdovo almost died Chasing Steph curry around all game. Long every defense has to keep its collective head on a swivel trying to find where he is at all times because he can pull up from. Anywhere his conditioning is top notch compared to. Anybody at age thirty. Six he just dropped fifty six a couple of weeks. Ago he's been averaging over thirty Since Jimmy butler. Arrived and by the, way with all of that being, said he is the only player IN nba history that you literally have to man up In god the second.
Speaker 2: He steps past half.
Speaker 1: Court that is how lethal the Great Steph curry is and has. Been it is who he. Is he's that, Phenomenal he's that. Great so, Again Magic johnson doing what he does impact compared To Steph curry doing what he does, impact what would you rather?
Speaker 2: Have it's a legitimate.
Speaker 1: Question Lebron james my number two all, TIME mj my number one BECAUSE mj at his, BEST i believe is the Greatest i've ever seen in my. Life and, oh by the, way let's not even Bring Steph curry into the category of.
Speaker 2: Him when it comes to, Defense.
Speaker 1: Lebron shows you what he can, do but he doesn't do it often enough defensively throughout his, career which is another REASON i got a number.
Speaker 2: Two but he's still number.
Speaker 1: Two because we see what The lakers look like Without Lebron james at age forty in his twenty second, season no doubt about, it and needless to, Say i'm just being showing my. Professionalism i'm obviously in no mood to show him any kind of, love but we gotta be. Honest i'm never gonna. Lie the man is that, phenomenal got him number two all, Time But shack is a. Right we gotta look At Steph curry a little, differently. Y'all it can't just be, well he is a great, shooter.
Speaker 2: And that's all there.
Speaker 1: Is his movement without the, basketball his ball handling, skills his ability to create his own shot off the dribble from, ten twenty, thirty, forty damn, it sometimes fifty and sixty.
Speaker 2: Feet he's that, Great he's that.
Speaker 1: Spectacular we got to give it to, him and when we got to give it to him on that, Level we got to ask, ourselves.
Speaker 2: Where do you put?
Speaker 1: Him if we gonna talk About kobe top five and we're gonna talk about The Tim duncans of the world top, five how we he summarily dismiss the notion Of Steph curry being in that. Conversation definitely top. Ten and then if you're gonna say top, ten who do you take out of?
Speaker 2: It who take? Out do you take Out duncan take Out? Bird take Out? Kobe who's you take? Out who you gonna take? Out we got to ask ourselves these, questions won't? You you got to ask usself these.
Speaker 1: Questions All i'm saying is he warrants.
Speaker 2: A legitimate discussion.
Speaker 1: Because it's undeniable that he now belongs in the. Conversation if we're able to call him the greatest Shooter god has ever. Created as A i, mean if you're going to be in the goat, conversation don't you have to be the goat in?
Speaker 2: Something he's the goat when it comes to. SHOOTING i know about the resume Of.
Speaker 1: KAREEMUJABAR i know about the eleven championships in thirteen years From Bill. RUSSELL i know about how rules have to be changed because of the greatness of Wil, chamberlain even though he only had two.
Speaker 2: TITLES i Know Tim duncan's the greatest power foard that ever.
Speaker 1: Lived yannis at some point is going to belong in the conversation in a lot of people's. Eyes steph Curry, man it's just Special salu on his thirty seventh. Birthday we can give him nothing but. Praise he is that phenomenal.
Speaker 2: He, truly truly. Is happy, birthday my, brother and congratulations to. You