Speaker 1: Hey there everybody. It is cyber Monday, December first, and I know we all have our long holiday gift lists and we are trying to check them off and maybe even try to figure out what to put on the list. Well, we have a holiday gift guide. Starting today, For the next three weeks, we're going to share fifteen of our producer's favorite gift ideas. They actually shift them to our apartment where we can try them out. So one every weekday and hopefully we can make your holiday shopping a little bit better and tried and true. And by the way, we're not getting paid by any of these products, but each description each episode will have a description of the product and where you can buy it. Are you excited, TJ. Have you done any of your holiday shopping?
Speaker 2: No, but I'm very excited about this first one on our list. This is one in particular I expect to get some particular use out of. I just hope they make it in blue or black and not just the pink.
Speaker 1: Yes. And did you note that was dripping in starcassm So.
Speaker 2: Did you feel that because I was laying it all free things?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I picked up what you were dropping. So our first gift idea on this Monday, December first is a heated eyelash curler with comb. It's by Pure Sonic. Did you even know these existed?
Speaker 2: Nope, heated eyelash curler. Now, what's the non heated one call that shall use?
Speaker 1: It's just an eyelash curler. And our grandmother's had.
Speaker 2: That that looked like the scissors almost at the end and you squeeze.
Speaker 1: And they're so scary. Why because have you ever used one?
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going.
Speaker 1: So you put it up right next to your eyelid and you clamp down and if you get a little too close to your eyelid, it pinches the heck out of you. And so when you're a little girl picking up your mom's eyelash curler and you try it for the first time without asking your mom, which is what a lot of girls do, you learn the hard way. Those things are dangerous.
Speaker 2: Okay, So but a grown woman who knows what she's doing, does she have these problems?
Speaker 1: Maybe I have PTSD from doing it to Those things scare me.
Speaker 2: They scare me, okay, But that's your problem with them. They intimidate you, they intimidate the work.
Speaker 1: They do work, But you have to hold down tightly, and it just I worry about pulling eyelashes out, damaging your eyelashes, so I have avoided them, not analyse. My nineteen year old loves them. You will always find an eyelash curler in her makeup accessory kit.
Speaker 2: So besides that thing you just described, what is an alternative other than this heated eyelash curler if you want to curl your eyelashes, Well, the options do women.
Speaker 1: I am so happy you asked that. So the other thing you can do, which I tried earlier this year because I saw one of Ava's friends have beautiful eyelashes and I said, man, how did you get your eyelashes like that? And she said easy. I went to a salon here in New York City and I got what's called an eye lift, a lash lift, and so I said, wow, let me try. First of all, I guess it was probably over the summer. I think it was before we went to the beach or something. I thought, you know, I won't have to wear mascara. It actually lifts your eye and separates your eyelashes, and it's going to be great. Basically, you get an eyelash perm and you lay down in a salon. It costs anywhere from seventy five bucks to one hundred bucks depending on where you live, per session, and you have to get it like every two months to keep your eyelashes looking a certain way. So we're talking about a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The process is you lay down and they tape your eyelifts. I mean, it's uncomfortable and I don't like people touching my eyes, so this was not a fun process for me. And you have to be very still while they separate your lashes and then apply a chemical solution on them. And you have to sit still while you're basically getting your eyelashes permed, and you have to trust this technician that they don't over perm them, that you use the correct Okay, does it work? Mine got a little too wild and curly. I didn't like it. We would never go back.
Speaker 2: Okay. So that's an option that sounds like an extreme one. But what other options do women have besides that little clip or clip the thing that looks like scissors whatever.
Speaker 1: Is either you go and do the old fashioned eyelash curler, or you go into a salon and you get your eyelashes permanently, or a semi permanently curl.
Speaker 2: Wait, so that's it. That eyelash curler that grandma used is the only option for the most part pretty much. That's it. Oh, so this is a big deal. This is a revolutionary product. Then now I'm into it. The heated eyelash curler. Oh, this is going to change the game now.
Speaker 1: And this one, in particular doesn't have that that crimping, pinching scissor like thing. It's just a wand it basically looks like a comb and it's a heated comb. And so I'll tell you what the Puresonic heated eyelash curler says in its description. It creates luxuriously long lifted lashes in seconds with this heated eyelash curler, featuring a built in comb for effortless sweep through the gentle evenly distributed heat gives lashes long lasting curl from base to tip, no crimping, no pinching. Its compact size makes it perfect for on the go. Touch Ups and Personic is known for creating high value wellness and beauty tools that prioritize innovation and sustainability.
Speaker 2: It sounds amazing how long have these things, like a heated eyelash curler. Have they been around along time?
Speaker 1: I think they've been around for a bit, But I have to tell you I've never tried one. I've never used one before. I just honestly didn't know they existed. I didn't investigate, and I basically once I did that my permanent thing, I actually couldn't wait for it to go away. And then I just thought, you know, good old fashioned mascara and I are just going to be friends again.
Speaker 2: Okay, So why doesn't everybody know about this? Why isn't everybody using these things?
Speaker 1: I'm sure people who are on TikTok and people who are more social media friendly know all about it, because it's everywhere. I went and looked after we got this product to just see how popular they are, and it's a big trend, you know what. Especially, I think this is kind of cute, and I would actually say for anyone who has a young woman so perhaps before they're allowed to wear mascara, this is kind of a fun thing to do. So young girls maybe Sabine's age, and younger tweens who know they're not allowed to wear mascara yet, they're not old enough to wear mascara yet, If you have one of these eyelash curlers, it can make your eyelashes look more defined and make your eyes look bigger. You get a little bit of the effects that you would get from mascara, but without actually putting mascara on.
Speaker 2: Why are we at what age? Are were just encouraging someone, no matter what method, to improve the appearance of your eyelashes.
Speaker 1: I don't think we are, but society is, and certainly social media is so young girls wanting to grow up too quickly, which has been an age old thing. I was a part of it. You want to be like your mom, or your older sister, or the girls you see on TV. And so yes, if you can find a way to make your eyes look bigger and your eyes look less tired, and your eyelashes, you have the most gorgeous eyelashes known to man, so you wouldn't have ever known what it was like to not have. It makes it difference. How many times have you been complimented on your eyelashes? Don't remember that many?
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember if it ever might be the first, But this moment, right now, it's you. It might be.
Speaker 1: No. If you just actually, if I stand and like and I see a profile of you. Your eyelashes are unreal.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got what Okay, yes, I got.
Speaker 1: You were gifted in the eyelash department.
Speaker 2: That's why I feel tired all the time. My eyes are so heavy from blinking with the.
Speaker 1: All that I'm not kidding. There's so your eyelashes are so long that sometimes if you're looking down and reading, I think you're sleeping because your eyelashes cover the whites of your eye.
Speaker 2: And I have cartoon lashes.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, like the Ostrich Fine.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So this was the first time I have ever used a heated eyelash, so I don't have a comparative or a comparison to any other heated eyelash product out there. I do want to say that. And so this morning, when I my eyes were already pretty tired, I decided to do one eye and not the other, and then I put mascara on both. Okay, and when we come back, I'm going to have you take a close look at my eyes and see if you can tell which side I used this product on and which one I did not.
Speaker 2: I could already tell.
Speaker 1: All right. Continuing our Holiday Gift Guide, Day one, it's cyber Monday. Everyone's looking to check off their lists, and this is a product for women. I guess men could use this too. It's a heated eyelash curler with comb by Pure Sonic. Would you ever use a heated eyelash.
Speaker 2: Curler, dearest? Will you stop?
Speaker 1: I actually kind of want to see what it would do to your eyelash see it. I knew that that was not even going to be possible.
Speaker 2: So the point of it is applying the heat is the key, and so what does.
Speaker 1: The heat it's It's basically like a curling iron that you would use for your hair, except for you use it for your eyelashes.
Speaker 2: Somebody figured out that this work.
Speaker 1: Yes, I appreciated the design of this one in particular because it doesn't have and some of the heated ones I've seen online do have the old fashioned crimping where you you pinched the eyelashes together and there's heat. Oh, that would scare me so much to put that near my eye, which probably I guess people have. I looked to see people do say that those are very effective, and probably maybe more so than this one. But I feel and felt safer using this one because I already as I explained before the break, get nervous using the pinching ones. Now put heat to it. Now I'm really going to freak out. So this was easy to use. It heated up in about a minute, and the heat wasn't too strong. Because I did see other products other brands, people complaining that it was too hot and it scared them, or they felt like their lashes might get damage. Obviously heat damages hair follicles. Was hooting eyelash or was it hot to the touch of any way? Not really, No, it would never burn you.
Speaker 2: It was just warm a sensitive part of your cares.
Speaker 1: I actually touched a lot of like just different places to see if it was too hot, and it wasn't. It actually felt totally safe. It was just warm enough, and I felt like it did the trick. Now I don't really have Everyone has different types of eyelashes. My eyelashes are already a little bit round. Some peoples have their eyelashes stick straight out and they do need to bend them, and some of them lucky people like you, who have really long eyelashes. When you bend them back, it looks like you have false sylashes. It's gorgeous. I don't have super long eyelashes, so the impact on my eyelashes are not as intense as it would be for somebody who has longer ones like you or Sabine. We should see what sabine eyelashes subane sylashes look And would you let her do that as an alternative to mascara?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah. Anything I can do to keep her from putting makeup on her face, I will do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that's why I think this would be a good product for tweens and anyone in your life who you don't think ready for make up yet. I think it's a fun recommend entrance into just feeling like they're they're doing something fun and grown up. It''s not dangerous, and maybe it staves them all from using makeup for another year or two.
Speaker 2: But it does look like a home pregnancy test.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: It looks the way it's designed. It just that's the first thing you're gonna think.
Speaker 1: There's there's a plastic tube on the front and it's shaped. I handed it to you because you said, can I see the product? And I said, it looks like I'm handing you a pregnancy test.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Got a lot of big news for us in this family.
Speaker 1: All right, So the big reveal would be, so I put mascara on both, but can you tell which I I'm going to get up close to you? Which I I know.
Speaker 2: The lightning stay there actually needs your lighting from your computer. And at the glasses.
Speaker 1: Take the glasses of.
Speaker 2: Uh you put yeah, look go for me? Logo for me? You put it? Wait?
Speaker 1: What was that.
Speaker 2: The one on the left, the point on the right your right? Am I right?
Speaker 1: Well, oh yeah, that's a good point. It's my right, So it's your left.
Speaker 2: No, I was actually thinking of your left. So I'm not even gonna be su.
Speaker 1: So I will say you could not tell the difference. I would say that I could tell about a ten percent difference. It didn't make a big, okay difference in.
Speaker 2: Midod for you. You didn't think, wow, I gotta use this because it's made such a difference.
Speaker 1: I didn't think, wow, I need to use this. I think that it might for folks who have, like I said, longer lashes or straighter lashes, it might work better. But I would choose this before I would do the crimping one. And I would definitely choose this before I would go and get something chemically done to my eyelashes. That just felt like I'm leaving something very precious to me in the hands of someone who I don't know how they were trained, what products they're using. And even though this is a in New York City, they have you'll notice them now. They have lash bars all over the city, specifically a business that operates for women to go into to have their lashes either extended, tinted, or lifted or sometimes all three. Yes, this is a huge industry lashes only. There are lash bars all throughout the city. So people and you've noticed, like even at the beach now, long lashes are in everyone's got falses. They wear them on in basketball games, you know, athletes at the beach. That stuff drives me crazy. I cannot have anything on my lashes weighing them down, so I would use this. I would actually like to see to do both of them, because girls know this every eye, Like my eyes aren't the same and my right I actually I regretted immediately doing my right eye instead of my left me this because my left eye is already a little more open than my right eye.
Speaker 2: Women know which is their best.
Speaker 1: Eye, so my left eye is a little bit more open than my right eye, just for my lids, and I should have done my left eye because it probably would have been.
Speaker 2: A more dramatic Which one is the more open one?
Speaker 1: The left eye that you chose that you thought I used the lash product on is more open, is already more open than my right eye. So maybe I just evened it out by doing it on my right side. Is everyone confused now? No? But I do think this is a fun I would recommend this highly for any one ages thirteen and under. For sure. It's a great stocking stuffer. We should mention the price. The price is normally thirty four ninety nine, but it's currently on sale for nineteen ninety nine. You can get it at Nordstrom. We'll have the link in our social media at Amy and TJ podcast And it's I think it's a fun stocking stuffer and you only need one double a battery and it should last for that long. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at it again. It looks like a damn pregnancy, except it's not. Below when you all see it's yeah, it's the first thing is going to all right.
Speaker 1: So this is day one. We're going to have Monday through Friday, so we'll have fifteen products in total tomorrow's gift. TJ. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to be the tester again. It is in the makeup category and here's another teaser for you. It was one of Oprah's favorite things in twenty twenty four. We will put it to the test and let you know what we think, and we hope this helps all of you with your holiday shopping. Until then, thank you so much for listening. I'm Amy Robock alongside TJ. Holmes. We'll talk to you soon.