Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Messer along with Tim Stanek. Let's get to Bloomberg News. Crosss at Reporter Isabel Lee. She's in the house with some stocks on the move. Good to have you here with us.
Speaker 4: Dollar Tree, Dollar Tree, I have just brought everything in the green because to Tim's great spat, how did you compute that so fast?
Speaker 1: But anyway, oh fractions.
Speaker 4: Good, that's like a fourth grade or something.
Speaker 1: Well, look here's how, here's how. Four hundred stocks are four hundred stocks are up, one hundred stocks are down for.
Speaker 4: To one good. So Dollar Tree, it's the biggest gainer, up by nearly seven percent, the highest since then and March ten. But still we're going to talk about it. So it seems to have found a winning strategy, and that the winning strategy involves introducing high price items to help increase sales, especially to wealthier consumers.
Speaker 3: Can they still be Dollar Tree when they're not just changing a dollar?
Speaker 4: Yes, like the pizza that's one dollar. Not really, But when I was reading the.
Speaker 1: Story dollar slices, which don't really exist anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, no, if you.
Speaker 1: Run into a shop that has a dollar slice, you might want to run any other way.
Speaker 4: Yes, don't eat it. It's I do. Have a tourist friend and he was like, no, I still want to try it anyway. So I was reading the story and I was like, wow, how much are they pricing it? So it's three to five dollars that it includes toys party supplies, and that's help boost the results last quarter. Sales are now projected to be as much as twenty billion next year, although on Monday today they gave a mixed annual outlook. But for now, it's yours are popping.
Speaker 3: Maybe it should be called a couple of dollars tree dollars, dollars.
Speaker 4: Dollars tree, nice dollars.
Speaker 3: Trees of a tree of dollars, tickers dltr Okay, Well, listen, I you know, I like watching these companies because it tells you a lot about the consumer. And you know, we've talked often about even higher end consumers kind of tapping into these names. So I think it's a good, good read on the economy. Let's go to this one playing video games all the time. Oh really, no, he does it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know why my voice had so much judgment. No, it's good if you do.
Speaker 3: Actually I don't know he does it.
Speaker 4: I would like it.
Speaker 1: I would like to relax by playing video games. But I just don't see how I would find the time. But Electronic Arts move and higher.
Speaker 4: Yes, ticker is EA slightly higher now up by four tenths of one percent. So they're in the headlines because the largest ever leveraged buyout Wall Street banks, including JP Morgan, have attracted enough demand for nearly fifteen billion dollars of debt that it's selling. And this is again to back the leverage buyout of the video game maker. Investors have played around nineteen billion dollars of orders for debt under the package, according to people familiar with the matter. So the deal values Electronic Arts, it's fifty five.
Speaker 1: What is his closing?
Speaker 4: It's massive?
Speaker 1: Is his closing? Like this is this company? See, you're trading at two hundred dollars to share for you know, since September. So yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Actually, well, you're right, So you want to know when the EAD deal closes.
Speaker 1: That's Okay, let's move on to in video. What we do a little research. Yeah, GtC is happening right now, take her ENVDA.
Speaker 4: It's a good day for them because they're kicking off their annual conference, which is usually a four day conference.
Speaker 3: To close June of twenty twenty six. Oh, I'm sorry about that. Yeah, okays, near, that's helpful.
Speaker 4: So Nvidia executives will likely deliver a surprise, and many are investors expecting that this will, you know, give the stock that's been languishing a little push, because even when we saw a banner earning support, it still wasn't enough for investors. They just want more and more and more. And during that day just a flashback stock film five and a half percent the following day, so they're hoping that this will be a boost. And the conference comes six months after the shares have essentially kind of really treaded water, so a lot of investors are hoping that this will be the big Going back to Carrol's medical reference, what is that? Ekg? Ekg?
Speaker 3: That's like when they read our heart and hats going.
Speaker 4: Because it's like, why are we pretending?
Speaker 3: If you look at but if you look at the overall train today. It's like kind of back and forth, back and forth. Ed lu Low gave us a good like landmark or mark to to keep an eye on when it comes to Nvidia. So if you miss that, you can check out our podcast feed because he did a nice deep dive for us.
Speaker 1: Here's aheadline he's watching that crossed earlier. Uh, Intel Xeon six used as host cp U s CPUs and in Nvidia DG x room and VL eight systems. Okay, that was something that came from. Uh yeah, Unbill's in Nvidio DLSS five. So I just bringing in Vidio's DLSS five arriving this fall. So that crossed.
Speaker 4: Well, I have one quick one you have time. So this is from Bloomberg Intelligence. They say GtC is historically a modest mover of stock price. Over the past three years, stock moves around GtC have stayed within a range of four percent up or down.
Speaker 2: The stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.