Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: It's a fabulous fight song Friday here on Nicks.
Speaker 2: Did you forget where you were? I oh, I think British Supreme was though.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hopefully the Cowboys don't fall start on Sunday night in.
Speaker 4: Pittsburgh and with a crescendo just like that song.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. Welcome to another edition of mix Shots on what is a fabulous fight song football Friday. Inside the SWBC podcast studio. We've got football players on a football field with shorts on today.
Speaker 5: We've got Mickey Spagnola, the star of the show.
Speaker 3: We've got Everson Walls, who's just helping support Mickey in any way that.
Speaker 4: Any way that I can. I'm here for Mickey. We are and here we.
Speaker 6: Go and one of the Everson Walls, one of the sixty semi finalists for.
Speaker 3: Breaking Breaking News right off the time, he's in the top sixty.
Speaker 4: Oh man, and you know what.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't be as excited about it this year if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't even get a sniff last year. And that was kind of surprising because I have people who kind of out there fighting for me.
Speaker 4: Everybody's got their own little camp.
Speaker 7: And the guy in my camp, AND's no secret, Gary Myers, he was ready to fight for me last year. Okay, after we get through this, then we're gonna have this going on. Man, we didn't even get to that. So I'm like, wow, that's disappointed.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why it changes year to year. It's not like you have any fewer interceptions or more interceptions and nothing else.
Speaker 4: I can do from here, right, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe vix shots is not good enough. You need to get on TV.
Speaker 7: Well, if they don't know about me now spags out. Damn where have they been? So, you know what, that's a thought. With all the young reporters out there nowadays, all the guys like myself, we get changed more and more pushed to the back.
Speaker 6: Well, it's a good thing that they have a separate committee for the seniors. And ever since among Cowboys, Ralph Neely had too tall, Jones, Harvey Martin, Leroy Jordan, and Everson Walls.
Speaker 4: That's a nice little crew. I take those guys with.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of guys on that list that I was a little surprised that they were not Hayes. Where was the It was a linebacker, Tommy Nobles.
Speaker 3: He was pretty good Atlanta, Texas.
Speaker 4: Long walk was he? Yes? Wow?
Speaker 8: And I'm.
Speaker 3: High school in San Antonio.
Speaker 8: Wow. And I'm surprised by this one because.
Speaker 6: I'm surprised by this one because I think every Steeler player who played in the seventies is in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: El C.
Speaker 8: Greenwood, the late Eli, the late Elsie.
Speaker 4: He's a Black College Hall of Fame inductee.
Speaker 7: I was on the board to help vote him in back in the day when he was still alive. One of those sharpest dresses you ever want to be around. And he was pretty iconic, So yeah, you would. He walked around as if he was already in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I can tell you that much.
Speaker 3: So you thought Lester Hayes was already in well like he and his thirty nine interceptions in his career, sticky hands, He and his thirty nine interceptions in his career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, eighteen, fewer than someone in this room right now.
Speaker 3: Crazy had fifty seven interceptions in his career.
Speaker 4: Did he have a more than one super Bowl?
Speaker 6: He?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: Two times super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Two times super Bowl?
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, that's right from the mascot bill for Almo Heights.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, the mules very nice.
Speaker 4: Wow, you.
Speaker 8: Knew that, so I'm talking about mules.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess it's kind of hard to forget that if you ever know it.
Speaker 3: That's the hard part.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 8: Uh, what about Jim Plunkett, What about him?
Speaker 3: Well, he's on that list. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: The problem that you have with the old versus the new, well older versus not so old, is the numbers back then.
Speaker 8: But yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 7: You can't, especially with a quarterback. When you start talking about the numbers that they have. It was a matter of the importance that they had to that team to that era as well, and of course super Bowl wins always goes with those guys that were thinking about from the past, from the way past. Plunket two times super Bowl win as well. You that that matters as much as his numbers. Uh, Joe Namath, You know, you look at Joe's numbers, you know, compared to now, there's no comparison to what Joe name was the back dand versus now, but it was the impact that he had on the league at that time. So a lot of those guys, because the NFL kind of still in this infancy, they.
Speaker 4: Meant more to the game than just numbers. That's the way I look at it.
Speaker 6: Never and tell you my Tommy Nobles story. No, when he was at Atlanta. So I was my first job out of college, and I was getting to cover the Falcons home games, and I don't remember what happened in the game, but I was gonna I wanted to talk to Tommy Nobus. So he's at his locker getting undressed, and he's got this EyeBlack. It smeared all over his face right and and he had like a marine cut for his hair.
Speaker 8: And in his locker he had one of these.
Speaker 6: Goofy looking I don't know if it was cocaine ut or what, but it was a skull with law hair draped at it. And I took one look and I said, I think I'll go talk to somebody else.
Speaker 8: Scared the hell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was ready for that, and you already knew he was a badass right and tough guy.
Speaker 8: And I was like, you're can go ask somebody else. I wonder what, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was strange in fact.
Speaker 4: Put that in the locker. No crazy stories about the bill that you know of.
Speaker 3: We can I make a correction that this is a lot for me to do this to admit a mistake. But Tommy Nobles did not go to Alamo. He went to Thomas Jefferson High School and Thomas Jefferson High School in San Antonio, San Antonio, Jefferson High School, the Mustangs, by the way, we will excuse you, okay.
Speaker 4: God man, I don't know if I excuse him on that. Man, And you know what, I give you love because you could have just run with that. You never would have known any different. But I give you love.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then number sixty that he wore at the University of Texas. It's a prime number, at historic number at University of Texas. They don't give out They don't give out number sixty very often, although Brian Jones got it, Brian Jones of CBS Sports Fame. Really when he played at Texas he wore.
Speaker 4: Was he that good?
Speaker 3: He was a good player. Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did he was he worthy?
Speaker 5: He wasn't Tommy Nobles.
Speaker 3: Even if Brian was sitting here today, I would in this studio today, he would he would admit, Oh, I wasn't Tommy Nobles. But he got to wear number sixty at Texas.
Speaker 4: And it's pretty big in Atlanta. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't know if mister he considered sixty. I always think of him and Tyler. No, well, it's got to be the right, right, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: How about the football last night?
Speaker 8: Oh my?
Speaker 3: And how about the baseball last night? Okay, First off, Mickey came in here talking about what a game and Pete Alonso hit the home run of the ninth. I need to win it for the Mets. Enough of Mets talk, Okay.
Speaker 4: That's enough.
Speaker 3: How about speaking of the Falcons and how they pulled that one out last night? Boy, what a bad loss for Tampa Bay. Yeah, I mean, they had that thing and they were going to be four and one on the season, in command in that division. And the Falcons are going to be two and three and now just tied to two game swinger three and two, both of them are three and two.
Speaker 4: Just I love it. I love it.
Speaker 7: The parody in this league right now is very good. Yeah, you got teams like Atlanta. I would hope the Cowboys could be in their Tampa. There's gonna be a mesh there of teams that fighting it out at the end of the season, and I'm just hoping the Cowboys are a part of that. Because we started looking at the conference. God leave man all the rec It's so similar. Nobody stepping out and saying, Okay, I got control of this.
Speaker 6: But how about throwing the winning touchdown pass to a guy that came in because the other guy was hurt.
Speaker 4: Hodge, he with a cave by the way, London could not have made that play.
Speaker 8: Well, he wouldn't have pulled away like that.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean. He could not have made that play.
Speaker 6: When he started running and I saw it, I'm going, okay, well that's nice. And then all of a sudden it's like, oh, they're not going to catch him.
Speaker 7: You have this, you have no football instant. It ran as soon as he.
Speaker 4: Broke the tackle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could see it. You could seem right up the middle down and they weren't with those safeties.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go back.
Speaker 3: Up safeties for Tampa.
Speaker 4: Bay have no chance the practice squad got.
Speaker 3: Elevated for the game. They're getting demoted.
Speaker 4: Down, Yeah they are. You're looking for somebody else. Hey, guess where five oh nine?
Speaker 3: You know where? Could there?
Speaker 9: On?
Speaker 3: Hodge went to college?
Speaker 4: No, Prairie View, And you are lying. My dad is rolling over his that's his school, that's his all of mind.
Speaker 3: Prairie He went to Alcorn State, then Hines Community College and then Prairie View. A what a story twenty nine years old.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 8: Really he was a kind of a special teams guy.
Speaker 4: I think they can get some Yeah, yeah. One thing I can say about the Falcons.
Speaker 7: I love Kirk Cousins and his consistency during the regular season. His wide receivers are always open. There are no tight windows to throw it in. They all come back to the ball very well. And every time you look up, even if it's an intermediate pass, they seem to have a step or they seem to anticipate well how to come and meet the ball. For Kirk Cousins, I saw it all night long, and I've seen it a couple of games from Atlanta this year.
Speaker 6: Well, how open a two touchdown pass was? Mike Evans though, Man.
Speaker 8: How do you forget to cover him. Man, how does that happen?
Speaker 6: That doesn't happen when we watch games, or it doesn't happen for the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: He makes me nervous, Mike, Kevin A good player, good player, got a lot of heart, So you don't want to cover them.
Speaker 4: Be tough. We get into a fight.
Speaker 3: About about Sterling Shepherd getting a touchdown last It's nice good for him school?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: His dad was that his dad that passed on Derek. Yeah, that's why I played with him and Uh going to strike.
Speaker 3: You, yep, when I think it was when Sterling was about six years old, his dad, Uh, I believe he's playing. He was coaching at Wyoming and playing racketball and Uh died of a heart attack.
Speaker 7: And we were talking about well, I was with pub last night, Kevin Smith, Yeah, and we talked. We were talking about all of that last night. I was trying to let them know that when I grew up, I went to Odessa, Texas.
Speaker 3: That's Shepherds are legendary and Odessin.
Speaker 4: I have cousins out there.
Speaker 7: That's the first la I flew to when I was a kid on Branniff Airlines and I was nine years old, maybe twelve. I went twice at nine years old and I met this cute little girl looked like yeah, I fell in love with her at nine years old, ten years old, I was in love.
Speaker 4: If I'm not mistaken, that was Derek's mom. Okay, that was not Derek's mom, but but the one that played last.
Speaker 7: Night Sterling's mom. Stirling's mom was if I'm not mistaken. Her name is Renee okay, and man, she's the prettiest thing ever. But her brother was my best friend at the time. His name was Tony Ford.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: That was my little story about the Shepherd, Sir Derek Shepherd. And then there was Daryl Shepherd and Woody Shepherd. Yes, yeah, they were all stud Daryl played quarterback at out.
Speaker 8: Played record ball with shep Dog as they called him.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't shut up. He talked all the time. He was fine.
Speaker 8: He talked to me, he won.
Speaker 6: They were had three people and it's like I was walking by and he goes, come on.
Speaker 8: You're my partner.
Speaker 4: Good he was.
Speaker 8: I can't play.
Speaker 6: I said, I don't have tennis shoes on. It goes, take take your shoes off. I got you covered. We just need another body.
Speaker 8: I went out there and played and he was pretty dark.
Speaker 7: He made he made nineteen eighty nine fun. Yeah, because other than that, there was no fun. But he made it fun. Yeah, he's missed, all right.
Speaker 3: So what about those Cowboys Steelers? And what do we know? K new this morning?
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's new, I mean it's from yesterday, but Trayvon Diggs was limited in practice yesterday. He nicked his ankle up whatever that means. And we'll see where it is on Saturday, because today is just a kind of a walk through, so they actually have a semi practice tomorrow.
Speaker 8: They still have yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sure he yeah, working on a rehab or getting treatment. Uh kayln Carson is still limited. McCarthy said yesterday that yesterday would be a big day.
Speaker 8: I think he uh.
Speaker 6: Did most everything, just not maybe as many reps as normal. So that's a good sign that he should be able to get back from the from the ankle deal. Uh and other than that, other than dehydration, I guess it was pretty hot out there. I remember somebody in the locker room saying, man, that was tough.
Speaker 3: So Will McLay said that he was doing, you know, after practice yesterday, Will came to the TV studio and we tape a segment for the Mike McCarthy Show, and he was talking about, man, it was hot out there and he had to go sit down and been out there for two hours. And uh not of course me being a smart but well, it's those here is only not even under.
Speaker 4: Well, you know the ninety one this time, but year you're not ready.
Speaker 3: For He pointed at the buildings. You see that building there with all those windows, and you see those building and it's.
Speaker 6: Like ninety The other day when we went out there for practice and it was like three thirty. I think it must have been Monday, because they had the long weekend and we went out there for practice and we're not used to standing out there for practice that late in the afternoon. And I'm out there and it's like I'm blinded. I can't see. The sun was right in my face, and I was saying, man, look at this, and somebody goes, yeah, look at the reflection coming off that glass building.
Speaker 3: So the cowboys are well prepared for those late afternoon drives that's going into the sun at at times.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was blinding, I'll tell you know what. And to that point.
Speaker 3: And I've been here in July or August and walk out the front door of the right by the atrium here the main interest to the Star, and I swear that's the hottest place on the point really really because it's I mean just the reflection coming off the big buildings and stuff.
Speaker 7: Concrete, Well, that's that air and plus it's even without that, it's it's air quality alert to sixty fifteen.
Speaker 8: Oh, I shouldn't have been out there, So.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was This is today, so yesterday, I'm sure it wasn't He wasn't he?
Speaker 6: And I think Mike's biggest concern, Uh, you know, everybody's talking about the field or the rain because it's like fifty sixty percent chance of thunderstorms in the evening on Sunday, you.
Speaker 8: Know, the wet ball deal.
Speaker 6: And his concern is having the right shoes on the right cleat length for the field and to make sure his guys test out because it's grass and it's supposed to rain.
Speaker 8: In the afternoon.
Speaker 6: Now maybe they have a tarp that covers the field, who knows, but you've got to have the right size cleats on to make sure you've got good footing. Did you guys switch your cleats.
Speaker 7: We switched our cleats for really just any bad field. The only time I really remember it being important was the San Francisco game.
Speaker 4: Uh just below, just a horrible field.
Speaker 7: I had never experienced anything like that to where I had to change my cleats at halftime. And you know, one thing about wearing the longer cleats, Okay, you might have a little bit more better footing. But then with some of those guys, you know, who was very muscular and track guys and all that kind of stuff, they would start to clamp up because the cleats were smarterer. Yeah, the cleats sticking into the ground, the cleats like an tide.
Speaker 4: It's kind of tough, man, it's kind of tough.
Speaker 7: And then you I don't know how many times I got my hand stepped on by one of those.
Speaker 4: Looked like it was a dagger in my hand, you know, just tackle.
Speaker 8: We had in high school.
Speaker 3: They were they were huge.
Speaker 8: Right, and then they had like metal on the bottom of the well.
Speaker 4: Now they were heart plastic.
Speaker 8: When we yeah, heart plastic. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I'm looking at the weather, chance of rain in Pittsburgh right now, and.
Speaker 6: But for Sunday, scattered evening it last I checked last night it had like fifty fifty sixty percent.
Speaker 8: That changes all the time. This is when I knew I didn't like playing football.
Speaker 6: Those shoes, those shoes, and you get your footsteps one it hurts.
Speaker 8: It's so bad. And I said, yeah, I don't think I've cut out.
Speaker 7: And I think it always gets it always gets a little baby the pinky toe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know why. It's like it always hits the pinky toe. Those really.
Speaker 3: You play with metal spikes.
Speaker 11: I don't know what they were, but they hurtt I think I think before they came with the heart plastic, I don't know, they seemed like metal to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, when we come back here on mix shots, what Jerry Jones said about the Cowboys rookie wide receiver that might have an edge of excitement for Cowboys fans for Sunday Night's game.
Speaker 8: Next on Mixshots. Mm HM.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas. Tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 8: Ruscott keeps it slides with a first.
Speaker 10: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookianc Crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 5: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off. I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 8: But with that Texas heat, it's.
Speaker 12: Crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch. This year, you can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yettie dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 8: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Light is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 9: What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 8: It says less filling.
Speaker 3: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 8: Hell mindset.
Speaker 3: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers.
Speaker 4: Little Lighters in fact less filling and tastes great.
Speaker 8: I'm Vishine legal guy.
Speaker 3: Celebrate Responsible Walky Wisconsin Beer ninty six thousands to be point two grams cars for twelve bounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 7: To mix shots, head to AT and T Stadium to experience rally date presented by seat Geek on Saturday, October twelfth, from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys with tools of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit at and T stadium dot com Slash rally days to get your tickets Today.
Speaker 3: All right, we're getting ready for Sunday night football Cowboys and the Steelers. Of course, the Cowboys will be without Brandon Cooks, who's coming back from the knee infection that incurred earlier in the week, and so who steps up at wide receiver for this team? Mickey, Has the rookie wide receiver been available in the locker room this week?
Speaker 8: I believe he was.
Speaker 3: Anybody asked him how you pronounced his last name?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think so. We think everybody knows. Now, thanks to you, we need to.
Speaker 3: Get to the bottom of Thanks to Babelfenburg who well, thanks to the Cowboys media guide which apparently correctly.
Speaker 5: But I would like I still would like to hear Ryan Illinoy say.
Speaker 3: It himself name, but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on Ryan Illinoy this morning on one O five three of the Fan, would you like to hear the quote? Yes, yes, I'm anxious to see him make his first catch with the Dallas Cowboys. He may be something special for us on a personal basis. He's got des Bryant's.
Speaker 4: Stuff to him.
Speaker 3: Boy, is he an athlete. I'm glad to see him get this opportunity. He could show out really well.
Speaker 6: What do you think of that he did in training camp? It seemed like daily he made a play that you.
Speaker 8: Go, oh, okay.
Speaker 6: Preseason, if I remember correctly, then he had like a hamstring or something slowed him down. But he hasn't played yet in the regular season, so this this will be the first game he's active. He'd been one of the inactive's first four games, I believe. H so interesting to see he's he's he's a larger wide receiver, but he's got speed.
Speaker 8: Was it was he the guy? Wait for us?
Speaker 4: Where did you go to?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to remember he's Southeast re state.
Speaker 8: Oh that's right, and a half weak force in my mind.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Uh, it'll be interesting to see because he had a pretty good rapport with Dak in practice in.
Speaker 8: The training camp.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And he's four four four speed pre draft measurables for one six foot and three quarters. It's just also rounded off to six one two two. He's thirty nine and a half vertical, eleven foot broad jump, and nineteen bench reps. Strong guys, not bad.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: Receiver. Yeah, I mean one thing.
Speaker 7: I was on the show last night with Clarence Hill and we were talking about for the odds, times and things of that nature. But there's one thing you have to remember. There are some guys because they started talking about my lack of speed, and they said, what do you want? I said, my best of four to six, But I'm pretty sure when the ball was in the air, I think I was a little bit faster. And there are a lot of people like that. Game speed is different from how your your forty time. And you know, to me, Daz was one of those guys that, yes, forty time was one thing, but you put you put that ball in there, you know either it's a fifty to fifty ball or he's going to outrace him to the ball. Michael Ivan as well, another guy that had game speed even though it's forty time, did not depict it well.
Speaker 6: A lot of times the forty speed has all to do with your start. Yeah, right, Well, when you're playing football, you're kind of running already and then all of a sudden, oh I got to run faster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like a you're using momentum.
Speaker 6: Like the receiver running back when someone's chasing you. Yeah, or in the neighborhood the big guy's chasing you.
Speaker 8: You run a lot.
Speaker 4: Faster when the bullies on your back.
Speaker 8: Got right, let me go.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 7: So now I think it you would hope that we have some players like that because to me that it shows how much you want it. You know, you can run fast for the clock, but how much do you want that ball when it's in the air versus the other guy.
Speaker 6: So it'll be interesting because I think he'll get an opportunity obviously, Jalen Brooks and Cavante Turpin, and I just think they need to get Turpin going.
Speaker 8: I need to.
Speaker 6: My thought is if you put him in the slot on the same side CD is outside, if they want to double CD, then he should be option be single coverage, right, can't double everybody, And they got a respective speed, So maybe they back off and just get them the ball and let them go get some run after catch. But yeah, I think it'll be interesting. It'll be interesting how much they'll rely on Tobert to be the number two guy.
Speaker 7: Well, that's another thing we talked about last night, and we kind of got into it because I looked at the media.
Speaker 4: Of course, you guys not included.
Speaker 7: Of being so pessimistic about possibilities. I was always of the mindset that I'm not gonna let you determine how good I am. So if I'm a practice squad player coming up, let's say I just didn't get the right shot, I wasn't with the right team. We look at them as here we go, we got these practice squad like we just joked about with the safeties. Well, at one point, you got to have a Michael Downs out there that says, I'm not gonna listen to that. I'm gonna play the way I play, you know, and I'm gonna be good at it.
Speaker 4: Where are those guys.
Speaker 7: That's the guys I want to see coming off I practice squad. I get it there practice squad players. But then I also got it Michael Downes went to Rice University. I also understand Michael downs was an undrafted free agent. He came from a program that he probably won one game or maybe two in his.
Speaker 4: Entire career in football.
Speaker 7: He comes to the Cowboys and he turns it out in training camp, right away. That's the kind of guys I want to see out there that I'm not believing the narrative. You know, I know what I can do, So I want to see some surprises out there coming from that prectident.
Speaker 3: And the Cowboys history is littered with literally Withers.
Speaker 4: So that's why.
Speaker 7: I am optimistic about guys before I'm pessimistic. Of course, with the media, we're going to be a little bit more pessimistic before we are optimistic. So we got into that conversation last night, and it's something that I truly have passion for. There's got to be some guys out there that says, I'm not gonna let you control my narrative. And I'm hoping we can find some of those guys.
Speaker 8: And you better be ready when the opportunity arrived, just.
Speaker 3: Like Caderil Hodge was ready when his opportunity last night.
Speaker 11: And we're watching the game and arguing about that topic as we watch the game.
Speaker 6: Or think about Larry Brown drafted in twelfth round when Jimmy got bored with the draft and they got to the twelfth pick and he was like, yeah, just get somebody close. Save money, so Jerry doesn't have to fly him in. Okay, we'll take this corner from TC.
Speaker 7: And I wouldn't say he's great, but damn he was solid. He's a guy that you could depend on to make plays, and he.
Speaker 6: Ended up getting earning a starting job after he ended up being a Super Bowl.
Speaker 8: I was going to start from the beginning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we wanted to build up. Yeah, that was our conversation.
Speaker 6: So that's why I say we'll see I we don't know, we don't We're going to find out. We're going to find out about and I'm hoping with surprise, right, I mean we're sort of surprised. Other than the mistackle with Kayln Carson, he was he the wake Forest guy.
Speaker 5: I Kayl Carson, Let's get that out of the way.
Speaker 4: Wake Forest out of the way.
Speaker 3: Fifth round pick Forest right, sixth round pick Illinois was Southeast Missouri state Southeast Missouri.
Speaker 4: Now we got together. Can we continue with the show.
Speaker 3: And we're going to continue with our picks to win and our picks to click when mix Shots continues in a moment on a Fabulous fight Song Football Friday.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that exs heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankoler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Scott slides for the first down.
Speaker 10: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Devict Shuts.
Speaker 7: Celebrate the best of the autumn season with the Wrangler Fall Fest at the Star in Frisco. Join us on Saturday, October nineteenth for a day full of fall. Fund for the entire family enjoy live country music.
Speaker 3: Hat all fund for the family on a fabulous fight song Football.
Speaker 7: Friday, hang out in the beer garden, Hey, and compete in Western inspired games plus capture fall photo ops, Savor seasonal bites, and enjoy Wrangler. Shopping at Mission and parking is free. Visit the Star District dot com for more info.
Speaker 3: We got some breaking news here and we kick off our last segment of mixed shots for the week. Mike McCarthy has a conference call going on right now with the media, so here it is the breaking news. Mike McCarthy said. Rookie cornerback Kaylin Carson is coming along slowly. McCarthy on cornerback Trayvon Diggs, just being smart with Trayvon. I feel pretty good about where he is. Everything points to him probably going Sunday night.
Speaker 7: And you know when it's a Sunday night, you kind of feel outs more time.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So do you think they will both be listed as questionable on the injury report today? Mickey? Hello, Mickey, just looking at.
Speaker 6: No I saw the Cowboys. Now they should they.
Speaker 5: A question on the screen about what about?
Speaker 4: What about?
Speaker 3: Question on the screen on ESP and his should Cowboys pursue DeVante Adams. That's why Mickey was distracted and couldn't answer my question about.
Speaker 8: Why is it always the Cowboys because.
Speaker 4: Everyone wants to play for the Cowboys. Bags.
Speaker 6: No, they want to give it to the Cowboys because they can put that star up there and they get people to pay attention, like they got me. Yeah, the second round plus that's what he's saying. Vegas would consider for devantem.
Speaker 3: Second round pick and additional compensation.
Speaker 4: Get are you giving you?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 6: That part's okay, it's it's the thirteen point seven million dollars that it's going to suck from the cap.
Speaker 3: And what is this team right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 8: Are they one player away from going to the super Bowl? Who was Yeah, no, okay.
Speaker 3: Then you don't do that another that's another that's one of the most important things to consider on this. Check back with us when we get closer to the trade than wine.
Speaker 4: Talk to me and see where we are after this.
Speaker 5: After early November Nomber, they pushed it back.
Speaker 3: Like probably mid November week ten, something like that.
Speaker 4: Something back, You just do that.
Speaker 6: Well the lead they did because they.
Speaker 3: Figured so no, no, they didn't like they didn't like yesterday, push it back. They did it like the spring meetings.
Speaker 8: You know, it's like we got a lot of stuff going.
Speaker 3: So to answer my question, you expect Carson and Diggs to be listed as questionable on the injury report today, which I mean they likely will go. If you're listed as doubtful, that usually means you're.
Speaker 6: Out because they'll be questionable and then you can change it on Saturday.
Speaker 3: So does be listed as doubtful or out?
Speaker 8: He's going to be listed as doubtful to out?
Speaker 6: You know, it's one of the well you can do both, it doesn't matter, but you can't know.
Speaker 8: Gives you at least wiggle room.
Speaker 3: That's why a case, that's why will the will there be wiggle rooms?
Speaker 8: Out? He's out?
Speaker 3: You're going to list him as out, yes, but the Cowboys will list him as.
Speaker 8: Doubtful just to keep them on their toes.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 8: You don't have to be totally truthful.
Speaker 3: All right, it's time for our weekly picks here and Everson Walls, you are first up.
Speaker 7: We talked about this last night. Of course, I was the only one that was optimistic.
Speaker 3: Is this a show that we can watch somewhere that you're it was?
Speaker 7: We were at this, uh, Kevin Smith's lounge, the Echo Lounge, which is in Carlton, all right, and it's right off of Midway and Rose Meat, really nice something. Yeah, it was with two K's Echo two K's and it's a really nice place, good food. I had a catfish last night. They they knew how to kick it, yes they did. But they also they jacked me up for my wings. Man, I want those limon pepper wings, and they forgot to give it to me. I knew my bag felt light, you know. But I got home and I was kind of disappointed. But Carleton, Calton, yeah, okay, yeah, really nice, really night, right off of George Bush Parkway. And I talked to them about the Cowboys winning. Of course, I'm looking at some field goals, so I said, twenty to twenty three Cowboys are going to.
Speaker 8: Be our favorite. I was considering it too.
Speaker 7: I picked it, all right, all right, hold on, I'll go twenty six to twenty how about that?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll go twenty six to twenty.
Speaker 3: Cowboys win in overtime on a touchdown pass.
Speaker 7: Over time, but it will we will be amazed once again by how well all we plays. I'm looking for him to kick three three field goals probably all love the mother fifty yards.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's how specific.
Speaker 3: Can you get the twenty six with three field goals? So how do they get the.
Speaker 4: It's still off off You've got four field good, I got four fields. Let's go. Let's go with that. Yeah, okay, with that? Yeah, thank you so.
Speaker 3: But your pick to click is Aubrey? Yes, okay, well we almost need to just take off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's almost like a Michael pass for a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Now, if you've won a Player of the Month award like Aubrey did for September, he will let you. I will let you take him this because because he is on a bad streak right now. He missed one row.
Speaker 8: He's over for one.
Speaker 4: Uh huh yeah, fifty plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Remember kickers always say you just want to go one for one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Mackey, you're next up.
Speaker 8: It's the mick, Mick the pick.
Speaker 4: I like that, make the pick pick you got to fix? No, no, no, man, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Home, Mackey. Who did you pick last week?
Speaker 4: You don't know?
Speaker 3: He too old late and Frisco has joined us here?
Speaker 8: Did I take c D?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But who did you pick to win? The game.
Speaker 8: Oh I picked him to lose.
Speaker 3: Oh you did.
Speaker 8: I'm on a three game losing streak.
Speaker 7: Ultimately, this is why the Cowboys, This is why the Cowboys can't do that.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you picked them to lose? Making or less? No before?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just said after the way they played against Baltimore, I said I will not pick them to win until they win a game.
Speaker 4: Well, Baltimore wasn't as bad as the Saints.
Speaker 3: They came back again, Balmore a three point of won that game.
Speaker 4: How we have to do with stop them?
Speaker 6: Actually, if you think about how they played in the last five quarters, it's been pretty good.
Speaker 4: It has been pretty good. Those others.
Speaker 8: You're picking them to win, I'm picking them to win twenty four twenty one, okay.
Speaker 6: Which happened to be the score of the last time I ever picked the game perfectly, twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 3: One in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 8: Ninety one they beat Washington.
Speaker 3: That's a lot the last time. Wait wait, wait, yes, the last time you beat the game perfectly.
Speaker 8: How many times have you got the score right? How many times have you got the score right?
Speaker 4: Hey? We can always lie about it.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you why you said it's monumental because you remember it.
Speaker 4: Was something.
Speaker 7: If you wouldn't have said that, he wouldn't have said it one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Bills, I sure I told him truth.
Speaker 5: I gotta I'm gonna check a fact check.
Speaker 3: We're gonna fact check to see if there was a twenty four to twenty one wine.
Speaker 6: Michael Irvin caught the winning touchdown the Tampa Bay game.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 8: In that game he beat Darryl Green one on one.
Speaker 3: YEP at Washington November twenty fourth, nineteen ninety one, a date that will live in information.
Speaker 4: He picked one.
Speaker 6: Through the past because Troy It's brained his knee.
Speaker 3: And there was a start of a six game win streak.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 6: And I also picked Michael Irvin to be the pick to click too in that game.
Speaker 3: Yes, the perfect day. When did you lose your job with the Times Herald?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 7: Because next week shortly half Wednsday, New.
Speaker 8: Orleans two weeks later? Wow, it didn't save the paper.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: So you're picking a Cowboys win.
Speaker 5: Cowboys time go twenty four to twenty one.
Speaker 3: It worked for you in nineteen one.
Speaker 6: You might as well say, will ride that score? And you know what, here's my surprise pic to click. Okay, it's gonna be Ezekiel Elliott.
Speaker 8: Two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: You saw what he loves playing in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 8: Oh, touchdowns going with his.
Speaker 3: He had three touchdowns in Pittsburgh last year, including the game winning with nine seconds.
Speaker 4: About that, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 8: And you know why I remember that?
Speaker 6: On Monday night sports Dale Hansen said, well, we didn't need to really go and watch the game. Mickey Spagnola told you what was gonna happen.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people were actually watching television, local television sports back then.
Speaker 8: Don't dismiss yourself.
Speaker 3: I I came in here expecting to pick the Steelers to win. I had it nineteen sixteen Steelers. But I'm motivated to turn that goals. You've motivated me with your four field goal prediction from Brandon Aubrey, and the Cowboys are going to win nineteen to sixteen.
Speaker 6: Now you better have them long cleat plant with all the field goals that is, and might.
Speaker 3: Pick to click Cavante Turpin.
Speaker 8: They need that to be the pick to click.
Speaker 3: Are we talking receivership? We talked whatever he every way he gets to the end zone. The one touchdown is going to be scored by Cavante Turpin. So there you go, all right, and Nate's got Cowboys by one.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, I stand back. He always getting excorted the job he must have, he must have forgotten his stuff.
Speaker 6: He can get on NFL network, but he can't break into the start.
Speaker 3: This boy his standback badge on the floor here in the podcast studio.
Speaker 4: That's that's Bill's boy, man, that's that's his his uh, Mickey's boy. So you didn't tell everybody I kicked me to the curve for you. No, no, no, no, Mike, they kick you to the curve. You least kick to the curve. Let me take a curve him? Tell tru.
Speaker 3: What's that You kick me to the curve?
Speaker 4: Remember me? You and Bill started?
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right?
Speaker 4: No, is that right? I did not take your place?
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: We all got kicked to the curve.
Speaker 4: This is the Consolation podcast, all.
Speaker 5: Right, and we invented Grambling. Doesn't lose this week?
Speaker 4: No, why is that? Bill?
Speaker 3: I think they got to buy so and overuse the same way. Oh's gotta buy so we don't lose this week. We wait till next week to lose. The Texas fam you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he said that last week, and then then Hawkins has a great day and they win.
Speaker 7: I've got to watch these guys. They haven't had time to watch my team.
Speaker 3: And so, which brings us to our final prediction of the weekend. Missouri plays at.
Speaker 6: I don't remember the last time they played in front of one hundred thousand people.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Missouri probably hadn't played in front of combined hundred No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 8: Hey, the season is sold out.
Speaker 7: Okay's moment, brother canon, how many did they play?
Speaker 3: Forty six thousand seat for row Field is sold out this season?
Speaker 8: Keep making fun. You got to play us. Just remember that you've got.
Speaker 4: To the ones that you hate. You know, you got those Uh got those guys like.
Speaker 8: Really Queny always we always.
Speaker 3: Had problems in Climbie, Missouri, but little Joe Washington, little hookteral touchdown was never in.
Speaker 6: We have a T shirt bet on that game, right, Mickey, that's right, he's got the Bill's got the way one of.
Speaker 8: Your T shirts and you're gonna there one of his. I don't think he has an Oklahoma T shirt.
Speaker 3: All right, So, but you got Missoo winning at.
Speaker 6: Agul they played in front of what ninety thousand at AT and T when they beat Ohio State in the Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's different Ohio State, Ohio State's JV because everybody else was in the draft.
Speaker 6: And guess what, at least guys that went to Missouri that were getting drafted played in the game.
Speaker 8: They liked the school they went.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some of them call it okay, people call that crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, it would be fun to break it all down on Monday, and it'll be a sleepy eyed Mickey Spagnola who will be here on Monday at high noon for the next edition of Shot No Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboy